Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look now at some of the stocks making news in the week ahead. I'm John Tucker along with Isabel Lee, the Bloomberg Cross Asset reporter. The parade of earnings continues, and we're going to start with the biggest retailer in the world, Walmart. What's the expectation there?
Speaker 1: Walmart ticker WMT earnings will be on May twenty first, that's a Thursday, which I checked right before we came on because you said we had to know the day. It's Thursday, seven am. ET earnings call is eight am, so early wake up if you really want to know more about Walmart revenue expected. The consensus estimates is seven hundred and forty eight billion dollars adjusted wut at EPs two dollars in ninety three cents and deluted EPs two dollars ninety three cents. So I could bore you with the numbers, but key themes to watch definitely market share gains. We know Walmart is positioned to benefit from its value and convenience proposition with sustained e commerce momentum. Maybe not in New York. I really can't relate whenever.
Speaker 3: I would love to go to I've never been to one.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, they're not around here.
Speaker 1: I think I may have been to one, or maybe I'm making it up.
Speaker 3: But which makes us more than qualified to talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a once in a lifetime thing for me. I would love to go to. Well, you and I can go on a field trip.
Speaker 3: There, we go. We can expense it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: When I talk about Walmart, I said that the world's largest retailer, but it's also the world's largest grocery chain too.
Speaker 1: Is a lot of people shop there. So according to Jennifer bartist Huss of Bloomberg Intelligence, she's going to be looking at online profitability. They're going to see whether e commerce margins have improved same star sales and will get revenue gains of four to five percent are anticipated. And of course you're going to see consumer health. I mean, we have all heard this.
Speaker 3: This is kind of a bell weather in terms of economic performance for uh, do I dare say the lower end consumer?
Speaker 1: Yes, So you're going to see that and we've heard time and again and all the radio shows the K shaped economy. I just read again a note today that travel is going to see heightened K shape economy, and I thought, obviously, I mean the higher income will be in private jets and I will be in economy, you know, So.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's move on. This is one store I have been in. Actually put an Anderson window there. It was expensive. But I'm talking Home Depot. One of the things I'm seeing more and more at Home Depot. More and more like professionals, carpenters, whatever show up. And it's not just you know, people like Bozo's like me.
Speaker 1: So, okay, Home Depot ticker is HD. You are not a Bozo. But I think home Depot is a kind of place that you're welcome on. I think the kind of place that you just have what you If you need something, it's there Because I go to Home Depot, guess for what plans?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they see you never noticed because that's not what you need. I never noticed the carpentry because I live in the tiny New York apartment. But Home Depot is also going to report earnings May nineteen. That's a Tuesday. Oh, this is even earlier. The release will be at six am. ET Earning is called will be nine am, so you can have breakfast in between. Revenue expected is one hundred and seventy eight billion dollars. Adjusted diluted EPs is sixteen dollars and thirty one cents, gap diluted EPs fifteen dollars and ninety eight cents, and that's earning sixteen billions. So again, key themes to watch your also consumer confidence. I mean, uncertainty around inflation and job security has really, I guess, deterred people from making large home improvements. Why will you remodel your kitchen when you think you're well.
Speaker 3: The other thing is the mortgage rates and what the ten years growing up, the thirty year, the long bond that was, you know, hovering right around five percent. With the latest economic figures that feeds through mortgage rates home expenses one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. And I think another key theme to watch is we have management indicating they've learned to manage tariff, so we'll see how that plays out. I feel like tariff we kind of forgot about it.
Speaker 3: When I say.
Speaker 1: Forgot, like new headlines have kind of dominated the market, but it's still very alive and well.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's finish up with the last stock on your list. And I'm I'm just hoping there's some intersection between artificial intelligence and John Deere. I mean, they're building all these data centers everywhere they are, and Deer makes stuff that you can build data centers with, like tractors and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, that's actually no ticker is thee. They have Earnings also made twenty one Thursday, six am. Earnings call is ten am, so you get a longer breakfast in between. Net sales is estimated to be forty one billion, total revenue forty seven billion dollars net and come four point eight billion dollars, et cetera. So they're expected to post a better than expected fullier twenty twenty six results. Again, to your point, it's driven by maybe agricultural equipment makers and the momentum in building construction.
Speaker 3: Well, you know the farmer, you know, we call it farmageddon. What's happening on the next right now? Well, yeah, no, it's been a very difficult time, especially with the tariffs and the planting season. So you know, again, dear something of a bill weather for the Yuba's economy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tariff also, you're right is a key risk and used inventory overhang because there's an elevated use tractor inventories which continue to weigh a new equipment demand in pricing. I guess where do you store these things?
Speaker 3: They're so gigantic and they're Trust me, they're expensive too.
Speaker 1: I can imagine.
Speaker 3: I know from first hand experience.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.