Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: It's time for Bachelor headlines. Now. This is a slower weekend headlines, but we do have a few juicy headlines that we're gonna discuss today. So stay tuned and listen in, and we're gonna start with this one. Jen Tran confirms she'll be going back to PA school. She says, I will be getting that degree. Now, Ashley, before you break down kind of this whole thing, I think this is such an incredible decision, one that I would tell any lead from the show if they have a passion for a career, to go back and do it, because if not, you're pretty much choosing to completely change a career and it's not just handed to you. So Jen, well done. I'm excited for you. Ashley tells all the details.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you totally need your backup plan, which actually is her primary plan.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I think it's not really.
Speaker 4: A backup plan for Jen.
Speaker 2: No, the Bachelor would be everybody's backup plan. That's how I always cut it.
Speaker 3: At least yeah, because you never know how long this is gonna last. It's been insane that it's lasted for us as long as it does. But it's not as if, you know, we don't have other things going on.
Speaker 2: Especially since like I don't work that hard to try to make a headline. There's nothing in my life making headlines.
Speaker 3: Well you know what, you know what makes headlines us talking about other people's headlines.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. Okay, I take that back.
Speaker 3: You're right back on other members of Bachin nation who are more interesting than us.
Speaker 2: If I google it, it says Ben Higgins slams somebody like I didn't know I did, but that would be the headline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So Jen, we'll be going back to PA school. She said that she wanted to do it in September, you know, at the start of the year, but then, of course she was asked to go on Dancing with the Stars, so she had to just timeline again. She doesn't know when she's going to, or at least she hasn't announced when she's going to. Perhaps she's waiting a whole other year. And she said that she love LA, so she can see herself going back to LA after she's done with PA School, which I.
Speaker 4: Believe she was doing in Florida. If not, she was doing it.
Speaker 3: In Massachusetts, and she said that being in medicine is something that I've just been pursuing my entire life, and it wouldn't be right to not go back.
Speaker 4: I feel most fulfilled working as a PA.
Speaker 2: It's incredible. I mean, if we got into the details, which I think at some point during an episode could be interesting, and maybe bringing on somebody who has made a career from the show, but also somebody who has made a career off the show but been on the show, and just talk through how you navigate it. It's not a bad thing to find your avenue in your lane coming off of reality television. If that works, great, but it works for actually a very small amount of people. The percentage is low for sure, especially men.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so hard for men.
Speaker 3: Actually, Ben, this would be a great time for you to kind of discuss what you do from and how you've been able to do it from the show. But you also only make this might be a little bit of a revealing thing. But can you tell everybody about like how you primarily make your money?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, is that like an awkward question because too fold transparency guys.
Speaker 3: For me is of course social media and then this podcast, and for Ben he has a little bit more of a broad range, but he also does a lot of work for nonprofit in which he does you don't really make anything, right, No, you don't.
Speaker 2: Make it nine. It costs you a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Well, some people do.
Speaker 3: Some people take a salary from it, right, you don't, and you invest so much time in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think in an overview, the thing that happened in my life was I was able to fall first off into a restaurant group that has grown tremendously since my time on the show. So I invested into this restaurant group before I was the Bachelor. It's headquartered I here in Denver, and we now have twenty two locations around the US.
Speaker 3: And so it's so so crazy, like to be that early on in something that is so successful in a field that is like got a twenty percent a success rate or something like that, Like congratulations.
Speaker 4: Great job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's wild. And so you can look that up if you're ever in Denver or New Orleans or some new cities that will be coming soon, or if you're in Denver's airport. We have three restaurants now in the airport. But it's called Culinary Creative Group. It's a great group, really incredible story behind it. And so then I have that, and then I've invested into some just because I think I was Jessica and I live a very simple life, like typically, we don't spend a lot of money on stuff. We don't travel a lot, we don't go out to eat very often. We just don't spend a lot of money. And so what we decided to do as a couple when we first met was, let's take the money that we're making and Jessica's very successful in her skincare you know world, and put that into businesses for people that we believe in. So I have a really cool one right now.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 2: There's ten underneath the company that we invest into, but there's two two and a half that I'm really excited about. The one is called Cali Water. Cali Water is was kind of founded by Vanessa, Yeah, Vanessa Hudges and this so I was able to get in. There was fifteen of us at the time, and so it's like drewar Butler.
Speaker 4: What Ben look at you? The real celebs?
Speaker 2: I know, I kind of snuck in from behind. That sounds terrible, No, I just like got involved. But I it's now in Albertson's and Costco. So if you're ever out getting Cali water or Cali water pouches, those are really big right now. And it's kind of blowing up.
Speaker 4: That's so crazy. I got a pr package.
Speaker 2: From them, probably because I told them to.
Speaker 3: Really I didn't know this. They sell it at Thrive Market and Amazon. And why is it special? Like, what is cali water?
Speaker 2: So it's cactus water. It's it has lower sugar, more electrolytes than like coconut water, and it's it's not as thick.
Speaker 3: Oh, then why haven't we been drinking cactus water for so long?
Speaker 2: Well, it's not exactly easy to get so cactus, you know, is not exactly the easiest product to farm and harvest, but we're finding ways to do it. And this, the Cali Water kids pouches are huge because they're really good for kids and it's such a good alternative to the sugary drinks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the fact that kids are like obsessed with pouches and a lot of them are so sugar based.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ben, I think you're gonna make a bundle off this.
Speaker 3: I hope, I mean, I think you probably have already made a good amount, but yeah, good way to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a cool company. The next one is black Wolf. Black Wolf's been around forever. It's it's a men's gig care line. You can you've probably seen our commercials on ESPN where we have the back scrubber and the ear water pick and all those things, and then we have a bunch of men's skincare. That one's exciting. Skincare is hard. Yeah, but we're in Target and you can go buy us and Target.
Speaker 3: Wait, I'm learning things about ben that I had no idea about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't know about these two investments. Cool.
Speaker 2: The final one that I'm really excited about is a company we just didn't put a big investment. We're one of the largest investors into the new Tiger Simulator League. I think the business model there is incredible Tiger Simulator TG What does that mean? So the idea is that Tiger is going to be on TV playing golf on a simulator. This is going to be boring to everybody. We talked about Tiger Woods, Yes, and you could be also playing the same course kind of at the same time at some point alongside of him. So you could be playing golf on the same place as Tiger, but there could be thousands of people doing it because it's a similar it's like a video game.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this is really cool.
Speaker 2: Is that cool?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So those are the ways that I guess I make my money and this podcast, this is one of the most consistent, like exciting things that I get to do. And then finally, but I spend all my time, probably forty hours plus a week working on Generous Coffee. So generous is what you're talking about. It's a for purpose company. It's for profit, but we donate one hundred percent of our profits to nonprofit so I'll never make money on it. It's in our by laws. But the idea is to sell a bunch of coffee across the US and then donate money to nonprofits doing incredible things for humans around the world. And today we're going to close this year. I don't have the exact numbers yet, but we've donated over two hundred fifty thousand dollars to over thirty five nonprofits based on selling coffee. And we have a headquarters now in Worreseondiana, where my buddy Tyler kind of oversees operations. I do all the sales, so we selled a lot of churches and cafes and corporations. You go to Gener's Coffee dot com and see that. So that's my passion. That's what I want to do for the rest of my life. But I'll never make money on it, so I got to find other things.
Speaker 3: So when you're an investment or adventist of these companies, you don't have like a lot of hands on say, you're not like one of those. You're more of like a silent investor.
Speaker 2: Silent investor. Yeah, with the restaurants I did at the beginning, I don't anymore because it's grown to a staff of three hundred people and they don't need my insight anymore. I don't have anything to offer really.
Speaker 3: And then I would like to add that on our behalf just because people are probably people might be wondering, They're like, what about Audrey's. Well, Audrey's Doesn'tre's is also like a passion project, So yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Audrey's is Generous's biggest client todate, so a lot of that two hundred and fifty thousand dollars that's been donated has come from Audrey's, who was our first big account, and just a few others, but Audrey still this date is our biggest client, and so Ashley and Jared were nice and enough to serve generous at it, and it really helped us keep going because.
Speaker 4: Like I said, that makes us feel good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's a really cool thing.
Speaker 3: But I also say that Jared does work there like forty hours a week, very much like Ben where it's like his passion project that doesn't really make much income, but hey, it's something that's something, it's pride, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: So I think the point to all this is the people that I know are most joy filled, fulfilled in doing life outside of kind of trying to make a headline have chosen to use this new platform handed to him to increase the awareness and opportunities they have. But pick a lane and really try to dive into it. And I think this for Jin is such a cool thing. I think it's going to keep her healthier long term, and I think it's going to be an exciting future for her.
Speaker 4: No, I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 3: And actually, her career is what I would go back in time and pursue if I wasn't going on The Bachelor. I did interest you, yes, because I love the medical field, but I wouldn't want to take it all the way to doctor level, I don't think, but maybe do like some MEDSPA type situation being a PA, which is also kind of that's also kind of you know, your wife's career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd be great at it.
Speaker 3: Same time, I know, and I kind of thought about it more a couple of years ago, but then I became a mom and then I was like, can't we can't, we can't add we can't add another thing into it right now. I do think I have enough skills from doing what I've been doing for like the past decade to transfer over into many other careers. So I'm not really totally worried. And plus I have a master's and basically what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: So and you great.
Speaker 3: I think it'll be over, okay, in a different life and a different life.
Speaker 2: This isn't going anywhere. Almost famous will be here forever, Okay. Next headline is this Joey and Kelsey celebrate their one year anniversary. That feels wild to me that they've been together for a year. And obviously we watched the show later than when they were actually together, but still crazy, it's been a year awesome for them. They celebrated in Tuloom.
Speaker 3: Yes, well he's still on Dancing with the Stars, so they couldn't really have like a big celebration. And it is nuts that it is one year ago, right because the timeline to us just feels like we only know about them together since the end of March. They shared QUTI things on Instagram. I saw one person point out that all he did was share pictures of them out the Dancing with the Star set.
Speaker 2: What do you think of that? You know, I think there's always time to celebrate, Okay.
Speaker 3: I think he probably didn't realize and he was just looking through his phone at like the most recent QUTY pictures and they were all from Dancing with this because it's basically his life right now.
Speaker 2: This is life, And yeah, I know anniversaries are so special, but I think you can celebrate any day. But yeah, I mean, I think just what the Dancing with the Stars world feels like it's so much of a bubble that I'm sure that is where they've had the most memories in the last like six months, five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for a while Okay, so he said, happy one year anniversary to my everything. I cannot believe that it has been a year since I got down on one knee and asked you to marry me. This has been This is another appreciation post for everything you do, the lough, the love, the support, the joy, the excitement. Every day with you is an adventure and I can't wait to see all the memories we get to create in the years to come. He also continued to say, I know sitting in anxiously watching me dance on TV wasn't probably how we would spend our first anniversary, but I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your support. I couldn't do this without you, so thank you for being my biggest fan through this amazing experience.
Speaker 4: I love you forever. Very sweet. What did you do end up doing for your anniversary this week?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 4: Okay? So your day is still to come.
Speaker 2: Our day is still to come.
Speaker 4: She just said she wasn't feeling very good on Instagram.
Speaker 2: She wasn't. I think we're in the season of pregnancy where Jessica has about as much energy to go to work because that's coming to and end here pretty soon, and then coming home, and I think our best times together are when we're just home and she is able to not think through a lot of stuff and just chill out. She is a trooper and she's doing great, but it's just not like an easy couple weeks. Like she doesn't feel great, she doesn't sleep great. She's working hard right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, her body is working so hard, and then she's working normally on top of it. So it's like we it's hard to conceptualize just how hard her body is working. Yeah, you know what they say, it's like we run a marathon or something, multiple marathons or whatever. It is, the equivalent to when you're pregnant.
Speaker 2: She did give me a trophy I said, World's best husband.
Speaker 4: So that that's very cute. That's very cute.
Speaker 3: I can totally relate the end of this pregnancy. Whenever Jared'd be like, do you want to like go to dinner, you want to go on a date?
Speaker 4: I like, Jared, really, I don't.
Speaker 3: Like, like, I Don'm not going to feel cutesy with you. I keep using that word cutesy, but like I'm not going to like doll myself up and then feel good and then like sit across from you to the dinner and be like, aren't we so like romantic? Like I could not feel less romantic.
Speaker 2: It's kind of where we're at, and so it's better for us to be home. I can cook a dinner that I know she likes and that she wants to eat, and we can just chill out and watch some TV. And it just feels like where we're at in life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I feel like, let's just save that for when I'm really feeling myself again.
Speaker 4: Now it's wonderful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 3: But she's still feeling great about her body, right, She like loves her body right nowt.
Speaker 2: Yeah she does.
Speaker 3: I mean I think she's just hitting the third try masters now that's stopping.
Speaker 2: I think there's just a lot going on. There's a lot of random tears. She told me this morning. I forget what I said. It was something like very casual and she just started crying and I was like, what are you crying for? And She's like, I told you, I'm crying over everything right now. It can be a penguin video, it can be our dog like cuddling clothes. It's random. What is just really throwing her for into emotions? So Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 3: At the end of this pregnancy, I felt very much, well, actually move into the entire thing.
Speaker 4: I was like, do I do I cry as much as I cried on The Bachelor? Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Or am I pregnant? And now that I haven't been pregnant, and I'm like kind of out of that postpartum period, like I'm definitely like, oh, actually, shocking to most I was just pregnant because I don't normally cry as much as I did on The Bachelor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fun. She has fun with it. We giggle about it.
Speaker 4: Well, that's good. Jared doesn't giggle about.
Speaker 2: My crist Yeah. What am I gonna do? I mean, I try, but yeah, she's doing great and we're doing great. We're just in a different time right now and it's cold out. Goodness, it's cold here. Headline is this Tyler Cameron gets roasted by Jason Tartick during a video. It's the Suspect video, but Tyler, the headline is this gets him back with this statement. Jason only dates women who have over a million followers on Instagram.
Speaker 3: So it's this new trend, I guess to roast each other in what they call suspect I am such an elder millennial to not knowing that this is like, for sure trending thing.
Speaker 4: That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 3: So they do this thing where they where ast each other on Instagram to go back and forth between taking turns running to the camera. This is what came out of it, that's interesting. Yes, Tyler made fun of Jason for literally dating girls who have a million followers plus on Instagram aka Caitlin and his now as Cat. And then Jason made fun of Tyler for not being able to pay for his first date with Gigi Hidden because there was a time where Tyler admitted I actually think it was on Yeah, it was on Jason's podcast where he said, Yo, Pops, I don't think my credit card is going to go through on this date.
Speaker 4: I need you to send me some money right now.
Speaker 3: And Pops actually would always support, which is very sweet.
Speaker 2: And then one of the other things that Jason said that I didn't quite understand said something about Tyler getting work on his jaw. Is that a thing like did he get work done on his jaw?
Speaker 4: I've never seen this rumor about Tyler before. No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's what it was said, and I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe now we're we have to investigate this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were other disses given out. Those are the big ones that kind of stood out throughout this video. It's a new trend. I'm seeing it everywhere on social media.
Speaker 4: It's a trend.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just seeing it, and I saw them do it. I think it's funny. I think it's I don't quite get it, Like, are you supposed to stop running when something's true or keep running what it is true. I don't know exactly how it works. I just know that the people it's like never have I ever Yeah, dissing each other back and forth. They're doing a pretty good job at it. It's kind of funny to watch friends just slam each other. I guess it doesn't feel healthy.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 3: The other things that they talk about talk smack about in this Instagram per TikTok, is that Jason claimed to beca during their season that he was over six foot when he's really quote quote according to Tyler five to nine. Then he said, Then Jason made fun of Tyler, saying that his best personality trait is taking his shirt off, and then Tyler retaliated by saying that Jason supposedly loves his dogs very much, but really just keeps in touch with them so that he can keep in contact with his ax.
Speaker 2: See these dishes like they're shot funding eight.
Speaker 4: They're good.
Speaker 2: They're good like everybody that's been posting about him. And I'm like, you guys are creative.
Speaker 4: Jared and I should do one now or should we do one?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: We need to get together and do one of these. It won't be trying anymore.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it'll be like old of.
Speaker 4: Perfect will be so outdated.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Final headline is this. Kelly Flanagan says her heart is shattered, sparking breakup rumors. Things don't go as planned is her quote.
Speaker 3: She actually debuted her relationship with her boyfriend, which I mind boggled again December. I mean June twenty twenty three, so a year and a half ago. But she says for the past seven months she has been basically fooled.
Speaker 4: She said quote, I thought.
Speaker 3: Working on it away from social media would have helped, but sometimes things don't go according to plan. I found out that I was being highly disrespected for the past seven months, and if it wasn't for all of you, my followers and girls being girls girls, I would have stayed in the dark and never known. She also said further that her heart is shattered and that she was so grateful for her circle of supporters. She also got on TikTok and she did not say this, but she used one of the trending sounds that said, he manipulated the f out of me. I truly thought that he was this great dude because in the first four months of our relationship, he was That's who That's who showed me, That's what I thought, That's who I fell in love with. I fell in love with this person that doesn't exist. And she was just doing her makeup and like putting an aphan on during that video, but you know, the point of it was to get that sound out there at the same time that she was announcing that she had been seemingly betrayed by him, and she said she also gave a shout out to her bachelor a lum friend, Kelsey Weir, who said that she's basically just said she's been with her throughout this whole thing and that she appreciates her more than words can describe.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so it sounds as im there was.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe some cheating, maybe some some stuff and some girls slid into her DMS and I'm just assuming here, but the girls were like, he's been with that girl.
Speaker 4: And he's been with this girl, and you.
Speaker 2: Know, again assuming, Yeah, we don't know, we don't really know, but it's a bummer and I mean it definitely you can imagine Kelly's thought process here, like I like this guy, I'm into this guy. Let's not make it a social media thing so we can really invest into it and work on it and make it a real thing. And then it kind of backfires, not backfires because of that, but it just probably feels the defeating because you try to do everything right and then it doesn't go right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And what's also crazy, it's not crazy, but worth mentioning, is that she posted this guy just two months after she and Peter confirmed like their second breakup, so she was like ready and.
Speaker 2: Fast, second breakup. I forgot that second break second kindling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you know at a time, it's time.
Speaker 2: Again, time for a third let's go. Well, hey, that's all the headlines we have for you today. Again, We'll be back this week. It's our off season, we have some incredible interviews. Make sure you listen to Trista interviewing Joan and Chalk, the really happy couple coming off of The Golden Bachelor. That episode is up within our feed. Also, just stay tuned to more great interviews, more headlines, more conversations and questions that you all send us. We look forward to talking you to this offseason, and we'll be prepping for Grant season of The Bachelor coming up. Until next time, I've Been Ben, I've been actually Sea.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts