Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did.
Speaker 2: This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble.
Speaker 1: One of my bookies died at the kitchen table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet.
Speaker 2: Without doing the actual gambling.
Speaker 1: You're a coward. It's easy to have a scapegoat.
Speaker 2: And now joined by Bad Larry, Shayan Irving, and Dylan the graphics guy.
Speaker 1: I have friends.
Speaker 2: Here's Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Well, we start with a round of applause for bad Larry. All right, little golf applause because Bad Larry is your regular season and postseason champ. He won twelve and a half units last week, sixteen and a half units overall. Meanwhile, Dylan lost four units now at minus six units, and Shay lost four units on the Super Bowl, and your minus two and a half for the year, for the year, or that's the postseason, well for the postseason, Okay, regular season, I do.
Speaker 3: We're all positive.
Speaker 1: The Pavilla Award goes to Dylan because he lost on the chief spread, he lost on the under, he missed out on Kareem Hunt, super Bowl MVP, was the octopus anything else?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The octopus actually sucks because I was obviously. When I bet that, I was thinking, like, all right, Jalen hurts another octopus scenario like last time, the Chiefs had a million opportunities for OCTOPI.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did. Who would have thought Harrison Butker would not have an extra point?
Speaker 3: The some guy bet like like fifty grand on Buttker to have one plus extra points.
Speaker 1: K Larry Well your acceptance speech being crowned the champ of the Dan Patrick Takes a Gamble podcast.
Speaker 4: I lost the coin flip. Yeah, both Say and I had heads and it came up pals.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: That's about the only thing I lost. I had two of my four Anytime touchdown scores didn't score, but they the two that did. I'm sure Devonte Smith's odds overtook Barkley. We had to lay on Barkley, So the four Anytime touchdown scores are a wash. I lost a coin flip. I think I won every other bet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had ten and a half songs for Kendrick Lamar. The under on Taylor Swift sightings over one hundred and twenty thousand beers sold. I don't know. They said it was between one twenty five and one hundred thirty two thousand beers that were sold.
Speaker 4: I didn't even give myself that win on my sheet because I didn't know what the number was. I never even looked at it. But under the first quarter is the best bet in the Super Bowl. And you stole the point away from me from ten to nine and a half. And I wavered on that a little bit, but I did bet it anyway.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't steal anything from you, Larry. This is what Draftking says. The number is not me.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, DraftKings stole to have a point because it's never been nine and a half. I mean in other Super Bowls and you got a forty nine point super Bowl spread and the first quarter is under nine and a half. Doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, leave it to you to bitch after you had an incredible weekend and you ended up the regular season postseason champ. You're always complaining why.
Speaker 4: I just don't like the nine and a half points on our first quarter. Don't bring ma I don't care if you changed my points from you know, thirty two and a half to thirty two or something, but ten to nine and a half in a quarter is a big move against me. And I have to blame somebody, So.
Speaker 2: Dan, I'm blaming No, don't blame Ray.
Speaker 4: I no raise my man. I don't blame Ray for anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Ray has to put up with all your nonsense.
Speaker 4: Here, let me say what about over Barkley's longest reception over Devonte Smith? They were too easy? Locked? They were locked.
Speaker 1: You had longest reception over nine and a half, DeVante Smith over twenty and a half.
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well Larry, Yeah, how about.
Speaker 3: It's always it's always nice calling them a lock after they've.
Speaker 4: Hit Devonte's reception?
Speaker 2: Are you still stop?
Speaker 5: You're done?
Speaker 1: I gave you a victory lab twenty something.
Speaker 4: I'm doing my victory lap.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: Now, now Shay takeover, because I don't know who Taylor swifts next boyfriend is going to be, or whatever things we got to bet on. I'm I'm depressed now. I'm depressed. Now from now to the Big East Tournament. I looked last night to try and bet a game. I didn't like Providence, I didn't like the Saint John's Villanova line. I didn't like the Knicks. There's just nothing for me to bet on right now. I gotta wait till the Big East Tournament. I picked a golfer. I didn't know who he is.
Speaker 1: No, it's not big, Yes, yes, Ray.
Speaker 6: Well we'll save it because he doesn't know who he is, and he knows who he is, we'll save it.
Speaker 1: Okay, he always a doesn't know what's going on it.
Speaker 4: I wrote it down, all right.
Speaker 1: Let me see anything else that you guys want to mention here, Shay, anything that you want to Goss killed me and all the all the Brady the broadcast bets killed me. I got killed. Wasn't great Tom Brady's tie, highlights of Brady and the super Bowl being shown. It's just not not great. Not a great day for me.
Speaker 3: Danny us two hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got the three peat number of times making that happened. Saw foals foals live? Uh the over under five and a half aircraft flyover that see Larry, That is a lock.
Speaker 2: That was a lock.
Speaker 4: There was there was seven. I think I saw seven. I couldn't find that. I thought there were seven. There's two little like little planes in front of the five man. What I thought I saw probably I was probably fifteen beers.
Speaker 3: You added an extra run in there with Yeah, there were there were six. Yeah, they're in the formation.
Speaker 1: They took that bet off the board. I believe my local he did. He did. Yeah, he took Well I'm down. I'm down with him.
Speaker 3: So oh he's got any insight?
Speaker 1: I still own money. Doesn't matter. I got smoked, you did? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, that less in the pain though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, let's see dyl how about your pan. There's a lot of red. There's bloodshed on the page with you and Shade. Good god, the doink was a near that almost by a hair, so you you had inside information over the flyover, so you had to get that one right.
Speaker 3: Well, we're calling just uh you know, educated research.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, you had Barkley under one hundred and twelve. That one, yeah, that you got that one, and you got the coin toss that was it. Yeah, coin toss killed me three units in the coin toss stupid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Kareem Hunt super Bowl MVP. What the hell happened to that?
Speaker 1: Okay, there's another thing now, in no particular order. How would you feel if your wife was going to be on stage in front of a couple, you know, one hundred million people in a song that was you were dissing somebody, but it was her ex boyfriend, her ex so Serena Williams gets on stage with Kendrick Lamar and the song about Drake and Serena dated Drake. How would you feel if that's your wife? Absolutely not. We got kids and ship. No, let it go, girl, it's over dancing. What about you deal?
Speaker 3: I'm inclined to agree. I also had no idea that Serena and Drake dated. That was the biggest me.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of Easter, a lot of eggs in there, like hidden things with Drake or with Kendrick Lamar. But yeah, Serena.
Speaker 3: Uncle Samuel L. L. Jackson, Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: But uh I enjoyed the lowercase A.
Speaker 1: Yes, I thought that was it.
Speaker 3: I thought that was the Amazon low guys.
Speaker 7: What Ketrick seems like he do like, you know what, let me promote a corporate company.
Speaker 1: Lord, But you get Serena to going there in eight secondands and she's married to somebody else while you're gonna diss Drake.
Speaker 3: I would contend though, that if it's at the point where, like my wife is asked to be in the super Bowl halftime show, I'm like, clearly something's going right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but this guy invented Reddit or whatever, so he's worth it.
Speaker 3: He's actually not that much money relatively speaking, because I think he sold like the majority of his actual steak like a while back before it went to public and everything. So well, he saw has plenty of money. Like he's not like a like Mark Zuckerberg.
Speaker 1: No, but he's got a hundred million, yeah.
Speaker 3: And she has probably you know what, close to half a billion maybe maybe.
Speaker 1: Also by the way, once again, no particular order. You have Shay, you have not bad Larry, you have Ray, and you have Dylan. Going to Wheeling, West Virginia this weekend.
Speaker 3: In the morning because.
Speaker 1: Field trip Danny, I know. But a dog track there. It's one of the only two active dog tracks in the country. I want to go check it out, even with the weather. No matter what the weather is, they're racing. Well yeah, yeah, they're racing. Okay, Yeah, they don't call.
Speaker 3: It cleats, spikes, spikes, they got spikes.
Speaker 1: We go check it out. They got a good poker room, good casino, good steakhouse.
Speaker 3: One of the worst rated Wendy's in West Virginia. So we're gonna have a nice little.
Speaker 1: Aren't there other places closer? Why? Why Wheeling, West Virginia. There's no there's no dog track closer. Now. The reason why is the dog track.
Speaker 3: That's the main one we're in that we're in a little more enlightened part of the country up here, and they don't have time for fun like that exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, censorship, that's what it's called. Yeah, are you guys gonna on social media let people know where you're going to be. Yeah. Yeah, they want to come by and say.
Speaker 3: We'll be a well documented drip.
Speaker 1: It will be yeah, okay, And where is this available for people to consume? Uh, you know, Instagram, Instagram and then yes, ray.
Speaker 6: We're gonna work on putting stuff on YouTube, Instagram lives. We're going to do some reels throughout the throughout the trip and.
Speaker 3: Finish maybe a finished product a little like mini TV show on YouTube mini TV show, doc, mini doc.
Speaker 1: Okay, first of mini series. Hopefully the travel series.
Speaker 3: You should have taken a Greyhound travel series.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we're gonna travel like DJ and travel I think by like Boordayan style.
Speaker 1: But are you going Saturday back, Sunday, Monday, Monday, because we're off next week.
Speaker 3: This was kind of all the stars aligned for this beautiful trip to happen.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also, Saquon Barkley Offensive Player of the Year. Sammy P bet that back in August, and then he was giving the proceeds from his bet to you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's in limbo at the moment because we basically have to go to Vegas to cash it. Right, they're the issuing sports book ceased operations in New Jersey. So okay, there's only one brick and mortar left and it's in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Okay. And how much is that money?
Speaker 3: Two gram? I think, okay, twenty one hundred with the bat back.
Speaker 1: Okay, so twenty one hundred I think we.
Speaker 3: Should probably give Sammy P one hundred back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So twenty one hundred dollars is waiting for you in Vegas because Sammy Sammy P bit sakewon Berkley Offensive Player of the Year back in August.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that'll probably be our next expedition out there to claim it and then turn it into potentially million more concerts. Yeah too.
Speaker 6: Yes, Ray, that was really hard when we were in New Orleans to hold it together because we were at a sponsored dinner and we're like, oh, this is going to come out, and it came out. We're like we got to hold this together because there's a lot of important people here. We can't look like the generates right now. So we left and then we went to Bourbon Street and then we had fun.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 3: We held it together nicely.
Speaker 1: Wait what are you talking about.
Speaker 3: We held it together when we were at the sponsored dinner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was when they were doing the awards and announcing the awards, and then we got the information that Barkley won. Okay, right there, So we had to hold it together and I got too crazy in front of.
Speaker 1: Why How crazy would you go?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, that's crazy. Hey, the rapid radio folks they were going crazy and they weren't winning any bets although they won the night though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they it seemed like they could.
Speaker 1: They had fun they did. That was yeah. Seaton was sitting with him. Yeah, they go, hey, you want to go out and go out on an alligator hunt Saturday mornings.
Speaker 3: Ideologically, there was some discrepancies.
Speaker 5: There, not a lot of shared just a couple.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about Trick Mahomes Senior and John Rocker getting into an argument on bourbons.
Speaker 3: About that conspiracy theory that was stage leading up to their like boxing match. No, that's what I think I think that boxing match was booked before that video, are they?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, hu, Yeah, I think it was all.
Speaker 3: Also I did. I just after I saw that, I was like, oh, let me go check out John Rockers Twitter. It's exactly what.
Speaker 1: You exactly, exactly what you'd expect.
Speaker 3: His instagram and his instagram is just all AI generated pictures.
Speaker 1: He's so much juice that guy is. He's just pumping. He is huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for no reason to like why why at this point.
Speaker 1: He's on the RFK, like make me healthy again with peptide t r T.
Speaker 7: Yes, Marvin, should Patrick Mahomes be up higher on like the goat category just because his degree difficulty put his dad.
Speaker 5: Wife?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he actually should get a way more of a bone thrown.
Speaker 1: He knows how to comportmentalize. He does. Yes, he does. Hail No, although after what the Eagles did to him, he probably couldn't wait to get off the field to spend time with his family or just as bad as what the Eagles did to him got hiss, Yes they did. Let's see anything else that needs to be mentioned. By the way, Rocker minus four hundred Mahomes Senior plus two fifty I don't get that with Mahomes. Yeah, like, well, either one know that.
Speaker 3: Actually that level of playing field. They both have to be blacked out for the boxing match.
Speaker 1: I'm watching it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give it, but uh, I mean John Rocker is like prob, there's no way that guy has any like moves. He's so fucking stiff. He's just all juiced.
Speaker 1: Well, once again, you're you're we shouldn't be saying that he's juice. We don't know.
Speaker 3: All I can say beyond no, you can't know. Okay, well, then there's something going on.
Speaker 1: There could be something going on there, but we don't know that.
Speaker 3: His hand speed's probably gonna be I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna say it might be a little quicker than Patrick my home scene.
Speaker 3: If we level the playing field, then Okay.
Speaker 1: That brings us to how you doing bad, Larry?
Speaker 4: I'm doing fine. I it was obviously staged. Do you see the way John Rocker threw his drink at Mahomes when he was walking away? Yeah, it founds like five feet from his It was horrible. Could he knew stage? Plus, there's like a fence stay where no one else can do and they're videotaping it and then the next day Portnoy comes out with, oh, he's gonna be a fight. Yeah, it's a joke. And if it's probably gonna be like that Tyson whoever he thought, I Jake Paul or whatever Rocker would Rocker would kill that guy who.
Speaker 1: Is on the card here besides the two these.
Speaker 3: Probably just random usually have a bunch of randos, sign up.
Speaker 5: And do it.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, but he did throw like a full drink at HIMIM like John Rocker's not wasting him perfectly good hurricane at five feet away from the home's feet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't. He was like, hey, how you doing, And all of a sudden there's my home. Senior says something back, and he's like wait a minute, wait, wait what And then all of a sudden they had to be separated, and then all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: He throws an old Braves beef.
Speaker 1: You know, I just realized this. You're starting to look a little bit like Russell crow Maybe yeah, wow, yeah, wow, yeah, like today Russell Crowe, not Glad Commander.
Speaker 5: The white hair.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't know. You're kind of larger. I look great.
Speaker 3: You actually have lost if you had an Australian would make ye seamless.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you guys see Russell Crowe? Yeah, yeah, unbelievable. Yeah, great, ratis pulled up so much everybody. Okay, I've lost wit Danny. It look great, you look fantastic. No, no, we're not doing that. You look you're fine. I think you're fine, not like fine, you're fine, but you're in love. You're still in love. I love sober, happily married, et cetera. No more therapy. We haven't been a therapy in a minute.
Speaker 3: Okay, did she get kind of over it too?
Speaker 1: The roommate don't bring it up. She kind of just forgets because.
Speaker 3: No one wants. No one wants to go to any sort of appointment at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where all they're going to do is point out all your you know, foul laws. Yeah, flaws. Yeah, that's it. Hey, let's go for an hour and uh, let's listen to you know her never better. Yeah, you guys are good, Yeah, man, we're good to That movie sucked? Oh you already saw it? Yeah, sucked.
Speaker 3: That's what I terrible, awful movies in general.
Speaker 1: And then I saw where somebody said, oh, Denzel didn't get nominated for he shouldn't have. And I went, uh, isn't is this movie any good? Yes? Okay, although he's lost a lot of way, Denzel.
Speaker 3: You're talking to maybe an equalizer four?
Speaker 1: Very going again? Really born again? Wants to be a minister. No, yes, yes, I don't think he drinks anymore. Here we go.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I thought you were safe saying to fight and filled the Holy Spirit.
Speaker 1: I just don't want to be a preacher. That's ok.
Speaker 5: Gotcha. Hey, it's good for your taxes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good for Cadillac purchases.
Speaker 5: Preacher, I know, come on, I grew up into black church, so who paid?
Speaker 3: Yes, I think we could get a little mega church scheme going. Is there five million dollars in the wall in the church?
Speaker 1: Don't during a flood?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? I know.
Speaker 5: His church is the Old Summit in Houston, and it was a wild start back.
Speaker 1: Although I stumbled onto his show this past week, you feel it like, No, no, I didn't. But I'm always mesmerized by the fact that he doesn't. There's nothing really deep. He just says things.
Speaker 3: Like he's a car salesman.
Speaker 1: You know you you need to take care of yourself, is what you do? And then if you do, then you take care of others. And if you take care of others and you pay it forward, and that's really if I go back to the Bible Corinthians and then I.
Speaker 3: Go like, all right, take all my money, what do you.
Speaker 1: Want, I'll help you get another jet whatever it is. Your hair looks.
Speaker 5: Great, by the way, phenomenal.
Speaker 1: He has great great.
Speaker 3: Moss and some real nice shiny fake teeth veneers Rex Ryan all right, oh no, there's nobody.
Speaker 1: Those aren't super. When you go in and say when they say what shade, you go Rex Ryan, Like, there's a shade that's Rex Ryan.
Speaker 5: Shade white exists, Yeah, that's Dodger white.
Speaker 1: Yeah that is Yes, you guys always go to to a what which brings as to bad? Larry, uh, Larry, do you know who you're betting on in the Genesis Invitational?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I bet it last night because there was nothing else for me to bet. I took Patrick Cantellet against M M I am whatever, and just I've bet one hundred bucks on it. So I guess I go a half for the tournament, not daily matchup, but the tournament matchup. And then I this morning I put with Ray. I put one unit on Cantilla as a top ten finisher in this thing? Am I only bets?
Speaker 1: All right, say what do you have for this week? Got some basketball? Danny Nebraska lane one and a half against the Turps. And then for my golf, my two favorites allegedly top ten plus one and then bad Larry's favorite Ludwig Auber top ten plus two thirty. That's it, Danny, all right, he doesn't withdraw?
Speaker 3: All right, all right, Dylan, all right, Dan Jennifers, and that Genesis Invitational. I got a parlay my two guys, Justin Thomas and sunjay Um top ten plus seven sixty. I'm going with Colin Morikawa interest to win plus sixteen hundred, okay, and Tom Kim top five plus seven hundred, king anything else, and I've got USA to win the foign ations face off in hockey plus one fifty. Yeah. And well you'll notice omitted from those four nations is Russia.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, yeah, win? Allows. Now, I thought they should let all four countries do a draft and you could draft a Russian player. Oh exciting? How about that?
Speaker 3: Are all stars from all these for against the Russians? So from the four nations you draft one All Star team and play Russia.
Speaker 1: No, they don't want Russia in because of what happened with Ukraine.
Speaker 3: So you got each one gets one.
Speaker 1: I mean you have to have Ovechkin in the Four Nations, but then I don't know who. I don't know, I don't know diplomatic relations and sanctions and all of that. But yeah, it's difficult to have. There's like thirty five forty Russian players and they don't get to play in this brutal Yeah, there's a lot. Yeah, Bad Larry, anything, how about another round of at all? Like, yeah, anything else you'd like to.
Speaker 4: I've been to Wheeling, West Virginia, and my wife went to Wheeling Jesuit Colls, So I've been down there a couple of times. Guys, you can't. I mean, you're gonna video yourself going to Wheeling, West Virginia, go to Vegas and pick up the money? Do you got mind?
Speaker 3: That actually does sound so much smarter?
Speaker 1: How random is it that Bad Larry's wife went to college and makes me feel way better about the Yeah, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: Any any any sight seeing tips, Larry?
Speaker 4: It was just years ago. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna guess things change, all right, Shae anything your Shane Irving podcast? Yeah, doing one tonight hopefully. Uh, you know, and this it feels like the tone of the podcast has probably changed. It feels like you're a different man. I don't know, difference, right word, Danny. It's just uh, moving forward in a whole new direction. Just trying to be a little more. I'm trying to cuss a lot less. I think my radical ideas are not getting to the right audience because of the disagree So I need I need to be able to penetrate a wider audience with my radical ideas. So I have to like clean it up a little bit, penetrate him a little ostine on him. I got to eulogize. I don't know if it's called a eulogy or no. Are you burying cross?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Bury the old shade?
Speaker 3: Yeah the old shade?
Speaker 1: Yeah, deal anything? You born again? Are you years ago? That was a while ago? I'm old. No, But what happened when you got born again? But you went back to stuff that? It's a cycle, you know, you got born again, you send again? Then are you going to get born again? We'll see how it goes. But we'll see dal.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling pretty born again too, Dan, you know, I feel the Holy Spirit. We're into West Virginia. I gotta play the part.
Speaker 1: Wait wait does what does that mean? You got to play the part of what? Oh?
Speaker 5: Because like the Bible belt? Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 1: Will you have a Bible in the car? I might? Now? Yeah, we can hold over, I might. I should have.
Speaker 3: One license registration.
Speaker 1: Just hold out the Holy Good bucket, James, or get the Donald Trump Bible fifty nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's my Bible.
Speaker 1: But his when he first got elected, he wanted to be sworn in with his hand I believe on the Art of the Deal. No, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: That would have been fucking amazing.
Speaker 1: I think I think that he wanted to be sworn in product placement.
Speaker 5: That's pretty believable.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: What Ray is looking? Is there anything in there that he had the Art of the deal that he had considered that?
Speaker 6: Yes, Ray, if you consider the Irish Star a credible yes, yeah, got him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Irish Star. Yeah. We're off next week. Yeah yeah, yeah. I need to be off. I need to be away from you guys.
Speaker 3: I heard maybe when we wrap up in West Virginia will come.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to see anybody. I'm good anyone, no one, not even me, not even you special, not even bad Larry.
Speaker 4: I have no trips to Milford's scheduled yet.
Speaker 3: Good God, you're not driving up and down the Eastern seaboard, Larry.
Speaker 4: I guts. I invent you guys, invited all you guys to the Parker House. Dan's been there, I hear I see some stuff on Facebook. This morning, People magazine named the Parker House the most romantic place in the country. No, I haven't read. I haven't read the article yet, but supposedly it's in this week's People magazine. Shay, when you fall off the wagon and start drinking again, you're more than welcome to come to the Parker House with me.
Speaker 1: There is nothing romantic about the Parker House.
Speaker 3: New Jersey at large.
Speaker 1: Ye, no joke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Jersey Shore is pretty special. Are part of it?
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling you.
Speaker 3: That's where John Rocker gets Jews from alleged.
Speaker 1: How about we, uh we we close up shop here. I think we've done everything we need to do to entertain a nation. Thank you for joining us on. Dan Patrick takes a gamble and we'll speak to you soon.
Speaker 2: H m hmmmm.