Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant. What's up? What's up? My people? This is Robin, Miss Cleo Dixon. Okay, we're gonna get to that in a minute. Okay, Miss Cleo. I'm so glad y'all are here. But you knew that they were going to be here because you are Claire Willance of course. Yes, yes, did you know that you were gonna have? People told me? Your people told you that they were going to be here. Yeah. Did your people talk to you about lateness? M I ain't asked them about that about your Okay? Well, first and foremost, happy belated Mother's Day. Oh, yes, yes, Other's Day. Yes, Mother's Day. Thank you saying to you Happy Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: Happy Mother's Day to all the mama's out there, all the grandma's and auntie yes and mother figures right, this God's mother's.
Speaker 2: But there in their mothers are not all created equally. Okay, So some people you really don't want to say Happy Mother's Day too, right? What do you mean not my mother?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, some mother's son okay, well, true, true, true, true?
Speaker 2: Right? So do all mothers deserve a happy Mother's Day? You know that is true?
Speaker 1: Like, so if you have a shitty mother, like, what do you say to her?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How do you celebrate Mother's Day for that shitty mother? I don't know you figured it, don't you don't? Who knows anyway? But you know there was there was a guy like.
Speaker 1: You send a text Happy Mother's Day, not even with it to your mom.
Speaker 2: You just sent a text Happy Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not even no call, no call, no exclamation points, no flower, no emoji flower, not even an emoji flower.
Speaker 2: It's just like you, a shitty mom, Happy Mother's Day. Okay, but we don't want to, you know, dwell on the shitty one.
Speaker 1: I know, yes, the amazing ones. Listen, we our job is his art beyond so hard, yes, so much. It's I didn't realize what I signed up for being a mom.
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: No? Did you realize everything that went into being a mom before you had children? Now, to be honest with you, I think I didn't think about it. No, right, and then and what's crazy to me is like I know, you know, knowing what we know now, I'm like I do feel bad that as a child, I was like horrible, not as appreciative, you know what I mean? Like I was, I was a good I was a good child, you know when I was being good.
Speaker 2: But you weren't being a juvenile yes most of the time.
Speaker 1: But like I look back and I'm like, just think about all the sacrifices my parents would make and everything they would have to do to just make sure that their kids were.
Speaker 2: Great and yeah whatever.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, we as children did not know.
Speaker 2: Well, you're not supposed to, I guess, yeah, yeah, I think that's how it's working. You're not really supposed to.
Speaker 1: But you know now, but right, no, right, we know now we're not supposed to. But I think some children, if they knew, then they would act a little better.
Speaker 2: True, do you know what I mean? True? True, true, true. I believe that.
Speaker 1: Because there's some children that are just like ungrateful and you know, just problem children, and if they actually knew the things that their parents had to deal with and the stress that it adds on top of them. It's like on top of having to go to work every day and having to whatever, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I think my kids see like how hard, like I grind and work and all that, and they so they have there's a level of appreciation there, yeah with it. They forget occasionally, but like they always are like, we appreciate who you are. Yeah, which I'm sure your kids feel the same way about you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I mean my kids are amazing, Like I don't have any problems with them. They're you know, it's so weird, Like my relationship with my kids is very different than my relationship with some.
Speaker 2: Moms, you know. And I guess is that a sign of the times. I don't know. Well, it's a different it's a different way of life. These are different kids than us as kids. Yeah, so yeah, it's different. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So my kids like appreciate my grind. But then they also like anytime I leave the house till like when it looks like I'm you know, I'm dressed up and I'm made up and stuff, and they're like, you're leaving.
Speaker 2: Again, tell me to get over it. I'm like, dude, do you want some new nikes or not?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's like a job, like, okay, be safe, I'll see you when you get back. But and then then he goes and sends you a link because he says. Yes. I always want to thank that baby daddy of mine because without him, I would not have the children that I have. So thank you Jamal Bryant forget me all pregnant and stuff I am. He ay, he's very appreciative of me. On Mother's Day, which I typically we always go out to dinner, he wasn't able to do that this year, so he called me. He was like, all right, I'm sending a chef to your house. I was like, no, the hell you not, because I don't want to see a chef.
Speaker 1: Tell the chef to chef it up wherever he chefs off and drop it off drop it off. Yes, so he in the year after year, I feel like he gets more and more appreciative of the of the mother that I am to the girls because he's you know, they don't cuss him out right, and he appreciates that. You know what would make him like super uber duber most appreciative. What if he had to do your job, like you know, if y'all switch places.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, the girl's not having that.
Speaker 1: Right, no, I know, but but I'm telling you because even in this short little period of time like since Wan hasn't been working like he's been, you know, doing a lot for the boys. And he's like, man, yes, like I didn't really realize, yes, how much I went into Yes, Yes, while I put.
Speaker 2: On some mom pants. Yes, okay, yeah, so that's how they really going to know. Yeah, what it takes.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I hope everyone had a beautiful Mother's stay.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, but we we need to reasonably shady. Moment of the week, Robin. Okay, no shade, but you've been married for how long?
Speaker 1: Well, which like in total or the first one? No, the first wedding, the second one, I mean the second.
Speaker 2: Wedding, the second one that I wasn't invited to.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, so it would, so that would be a year in all gifts.
Speaker 2: Okay, So can you get an annoment? I'm just curious. I don't know, because your car is not in the garage and I'm having issues, yes, divorce please? Yes, like why because like all things, Yes, that is annoying. Yes.
Speaker 1: And every week at the top of the week he says, I'm gonna get the garage clean, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna get the garage, I'm gonna straighten the garage up.
Speaker 1: I'm straighten the garage up every week at the top of the week, okay, and then the days go by and the garage is not done.
Speaker 2: It's been like a month now, it's been longer than a month. It's been long okay, Yeah, spend longer than a month. Okay, look up the annulment. Yes, okay, because we might be able to get that done. I'm saying, I know you should present them to Wine like this is grounds for an annulment, and then put at the bottom dirty garage.
Speaker 1: I can't get my garage back. I need my garage back. So yes, we need to annul and you need to leave. Yes, it's and I know it's so funny. I was going to say, like every week on the podcast, I'm just gonna update everyone and let them know the right cars still in the garage, and then no, it's still not.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, it's still in the driveway. Yes. When I pulled up, I was like, oh, I saw Robbins car on the driveway. I was like, oh no, yes, Wine is in trouble again.
Speaker 1: It is so annoying because I am like, dude, outside.
Speaker 2: Of going to the gym, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, I don't want to you know, of course, we don't want to minimize. Right, you got any laundry, you's gotta you know, make brush his teeth, make phone calls.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, he's gotta eat, but like comet, you gotta go number two. Yes, he has to do that. Let's sit there.
Speaker 1: You gotta do you know, I mean, you know, he's got a good two hours out of his day that are accounted for.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's twenty four hours, so he's got to sleep. Yeah wow, Yeah, listens, gotta play the video game. He could have the boys help him. He can make it a game.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you his method of cleaning this garage. I've probably shared this before. He's going to throw everything away, Fine, get done. That's not fine with me because like it's literally like stuff that is could be useful. So his thing is like he just I don't know, he don't want to bring all that stuff in the house, and he just feels like he has to like dispose of it, and I'm like, no.
Speaker 2: It's not trash. Yeah, okay, well good luck with you know, what is that your reason to be shading home?
Speaker 1: No, it's okay, Okay, one day I'm gonna end up moving the ship myself, and then that's going to be really.
Speaker 2: Bad, right, that's really when you're gonna look up a moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, or anyway, okay, okay, So my recently shady moment, and you know you probably have your shady moment related to this as well. But I recently was traveling. I was in a hotel. Yes, I was on the sixteenth floor at a corner unit. There's glass everywhere. As I went to your room, it was beautiful. Yes, yeah, my room was not. All rooms on this trip were not created people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry mine.
Speaker 1: Was disturbing, but go ahead. Sorry, but mine was like, you know, super nice. I had like the bedroom, the living room area like it was you know, it's corner units. Yeah, glass everywhere, blah blah blah. So the hotel were in there's like construction everywhere you look right, left, front, back, up, down, Like I've never seen this much construction in my life.
Speaker 2: Like now you do know that the construction on one side was a building that's going to be eighty stories whoa eighty Really they're gonna be They're gonna be doing this built, working on this building for the next six years. Wow. Yes, I found that out, which.
Speaker 1: Is even more disturbing because it's like, yes, oh that is problematic, thank.
Speaker 2: You, thank you. Six years. So let's say you're the hotel. You've got to deal with this shit and and your guests have to deal with this for the next six years.
Speaker 1: It's not but the hotel. I mean, like my the hotel was really cute. I really liked the hotel. I like the area, like it was just it's really cute. So like outside of the construction, it's a cute hotel. There's like walking distance, there's like a lot of little like restaurants and live music stuff and has a cute little pool deck all that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: Was it was it a chain? I can't remember. Was it a chain? No, I can't remember the name of you.
Speaker 1: They said it used to be a Kempton but someone else took it over.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's like boutiki, yes, okay, very much. So anyway, so I'm so I've been in the room, like you know, two three days whatever, and so finally on like the last the second to last day, I'm at the pool deck, okay, and I look up at the hotel and I noticed, like I can I can see in the.
Speaker 2: Rooms, right, Okay.
Speaker 1: And that was the moment when I realized, oh my gosh, I have been giving these construction.
Speaker 3: Workers a shave freaking show the whole entire week. Like I was like, wait a minute, because the.
Speaker 1: Construction workers are up high. Because another building, an eighty story building. I guess, I don't know, maybe it was the building that was right next to my room, but yes, I'm like, you've got to be getting me. Well, I can literally see, like I thought the glass was like one of those you know, like the one way glass or whatever, like you I can see out, but they can't see in, or maybe there was some sort of like mirrored effect or something like. No, these these windows were so so clear and bright. You could literally see the When I was laying on the pool deck, I could literally see like the lamp in somebody's room.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the reason, Okay, two things. One in the morning, I was up in the morning. Yeah, the construction workers have a meeting on the ground level. I saw them as like fifty of them. Yeah, major meeting. I'm sure. In the meeting, yeah, they said feel free to look at Robin number one, number two. I didn't. I didn't. I wasn't on that side of the hotel. I was on the bullshit side of the hotel where I looked out to. I don't know what I was looking out to, but yeah, I didn't have that that okay, okay, yeah, well oh we got some shorts. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh my delivery man brought my my.
Speaker 2: No, not this second, thank you. I appreciate it. No, leave it there, leave it yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, thank you, thank you delivery man. Yes, okay, so right now I think he's going to go clean the garage. I'm convinced he had that look in his eyes. He did, like he's gonna go clean mission and complete my mission. Okay, so my recently shady moment is similar to you, not similar to yours. Yeah, but it happened on the trip. Okay. Speaking of the pool, I'm in the pool and I've decided because they know, they just know, they had a meeting. Birds hate me. I mean like they had a meeting, they went to a convention. They went to a bird convention. They're like, we hate z L. Bright. I'm in the pool and I see the bird come at me and he poops. Oh literally one inch from my mind. Oh my god. And the ship is laying on top of the water.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I lost my mind, lost my freaking mind.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. I started screaming at the top of my lungs. And I was and I was with some other friends and they were like, oh my god, move, just help move. I was like, you don't have to tell me to move. I was renting out the pool. Can you imagine a sprint out the pool? That was a disaster And I never want to see that pool again, Oh my god. And I want to go to the next bird convention and tell them I'm nice. Yeah, stop trying to poop on me. Maybe, isn't that like good luck or something? No, no, somewhere, Yeah, there's no trees. There will be poop on my car.
Speaker 1: They know they had a convention and they said, get that bitch, get that bit.
Speaker 2: Bird bird. Twitter was lighting you up. It is so meny. I want to tell them whatever y'all think I did, I'm sorry, leave me alone. Oh my gosh. Yeah, I want to approach this from a different perspective. Okay, because we're gonna talk about ebidy k Williams because a minute ago she she gave her opinion about dating. Yes, Okay. So she was talking to Alanya Van's aunt who said, would you date a bust right, and Abide said, would you date a bus driver?
Speaker 3: You if he owns the bus, if he owns it.
Speaker 2: If he owns the.
Speaker 1: Bus, that's a problem.
Speaker 2: And that caused everybody to just lose Ay, damn mine. Now I don't necessarily want to debate that, right, but the question is, Robin, would you date a bus driver? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have those type of stipulations that she has.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I have never known myself to be like, oh, I would never date that type of person or a person that does that type of work.
Speaker 2: Well, were strictly because this for me was strictly about money. So would you date a dude? Well, yeah, because you're married? Because so I think.
Speaker 1: So what I what I gathered from her, it was it was less about like the money in his bank account and more about.
Speaker 2: His drive. I took it like it was the money in his bank account and they're not financially equally yoked. So, and what Elanya was trying to say to her, I think my opinion is, let's take money out of the equation when you're dating, Like, let's remove that that factor, okay, and let's just deal with people that are good to you, that are nice to you, to treat you like a queen that respects you, that are honest, Like, let's deal with those elements and take money out of it. That's why I think she was trying to say, which I get. Yeah, and at this time in my life, that's all I want. I want somebody who's gonna treat me nice, tell me the truth, have great sex to keep it pushing.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I get that too, And I feel like, unfortunately, I feel like Ebony was sounding elitist a bit.
Speaker 2: However, I understood what she was saying. She's not at the place in her life, I think, and unfortunately, and somebody's probably gonna kill me for saying this. I think it has to do with children, and like, like I have my kids, I have my money. I'm not looking at a man to grow and build with from that perspective, right, she doesn't, Right, So she's looking at a relationship a little differently, Like she wants a man that the two of them can build a family and shit, kids expensive, right, And I understand that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I understand that, but it's it's so the question. I mean, yeah, there's like that the question has multi levels and because it's like, okay, would you date a bus driver?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, okay, I can go date a bus driver like whatever. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So but then the question is would you be open to marrying a bus driver? And for me, I mean, my answer still wouldn't change. I think it would literally be about that person, that relationship, how they make me feel, you know, as long as they have a job, right and they are working an honest job. And I don't know, I think it's just I think that's really unfair to just to make that broad blanket statement. Yeah, I mean I can see why people were offended by her comment. For sure, not everyone in a certain time of their life has that type of opportunity.
Speaker 2: To maybe own the bus. Maybe the bus driver.
Speaker 1: Maybe the man is a bus driver and he's a hard working bus driver and he's working to save his money so that he can own something at some point.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I just I would never if I was in a dating space, if I met a man that said he was a bus driver, I wouldn't like poo pool on that. No.
Speaker 2: And it's like I feel like if you're a woman, and you're a good woman, you can make that man into Barack Obama, right, you know what I mean? Like when when Jamal and I got married, he didn't have nothing, right, I don't want to say nothing, but like he he was starting a church right with four d people. Right, So if I looked at him like, okay, you're you have no potential, You're just I look at you for today. Yeah, you broke right. I think that's unfair to anyone. I don't want anyone to look at me that way. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then and then it's like okay, well, Ebony, So would you date a lawyer that doesn't own the firm like that sounds like crazy? You know what I'm saying, Like, Oh, I'm sure you don't have a problem dating a lawyer. He don't have to own the firm like that. That sounds it just sounds crazy. Because that bus driver could also own real estate. He could have rental property. He could be doing other.
Speaker 2: Things all kinds.
Speaker 1: It's not fair to just judge a person by, you know, their job or their day job. They could have ambitions. He could be shoot a trading stocks and making crazy money. He could have inherited something, right exactly. You don't know he could ann not somebody over the head and got something. Yeah, and I agree, Like, if, y'all, if this is a great man and he makes you happy and you can in turn bring something to him and make him better or encourage him and he's open to that, then then go for it. That's actually amazing. Actually, it would be amazing to be like, yeah, when I started dating my my husband, he was a bus driver and now he owns you know, he's a real estate developer.
Speaker 2: Yes, whatever, right, But I don't want to take away from Ebone's preferences. Like everyone should have the right to their own preference. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do hate it when people get attacked for speaking for what works for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, get it, Ebony, Yeah, go for it. Get that bus driver who owns his own business. Now, okay, Carl you don't like that. This is what I think. We're gonna let Carley live over here. This is what I think people, This is what abone should do when she starts dating. She should take some magic mushrooms because which I've never done, by the way, but studies say that they can cure color blindness. Oh, so do you know anybody who's color blind, because my dad is kind of colorblind, not really really Okay, I think like he doesn't know browns from blacks from blues. Really, yes, like he would have to have like when he puts socks together. I would help him put his socks. Okay. So you know what I'm telling my daddy start taking some from mushrooms. Okay. Can you imagine my all on mushrooms.
Speaker 1: That would be amazing when when you give them to him and bite me over please, thank you?
Speaker 2: Okay, And mushrooms like like I've seen TV shows, it's like your vision is get small psychedelic. It's psychedelic and your vision that's what's going to be in your head.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, Well we can't ask my brother. My brother's all into this type of stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh, he takes mushrooms all the time. It takes a lot of stuff. He just does stuff.
Speaker 1: Now I miss seeing on the internet and I have to repent, y'all.
Speaker 2: This is probably what you need to do. Okay. Two things. So you know, Janet Jackson's on tour right now, And when they said she was going to be going on tour, I was like, Dan it stop. You do not need to be doing this. You just need to just chill out and bask in your Jackson nests.
Speaker 1: Yes, and in like the Saudi billionaire that just paid you like a half a billion dollars or something.
Speaker 2: Oh he did, I might be making this. I think you made that up her baby daddy. Yeah, she got it. She got a lot of money. She got a chunk of change from him, Okay, which is nothing to him. Yes, yes, exactly. But I've been seeing clips Janet is doing the damn thing. Yes, you don't think so. I saw a couple of clips on the sea. I'm not gonna be a hater sorry right now, because you're about to hate on Beyonce too, because clips of Beyonce. I sell my ticket, y'all.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, So I since seen the content already, first and foremost.
Speaker 2: First and foremost, Janet girl, do your thing. Okay, I appreciating what I'm seeing on the Instagram. Now let's get to the queen bee.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Well, Janet Jackson, I will say, fine, Yes, she's doing her thing for where she is in life, her stage in life. I have been and I say that because I have been to a Janet Jackson concert me years and years and years ago, and it's not quite the same. But I don't expect it to be the same. But she, I would say, is moving. She's doing way more than like Mariah Carey does on stage. Mariah does nothing exactly, Okay, but Mariah can sign.
Speaker 2: Jannet can't sing like Mariah. True that, so you can't you can't put them in the same category. That, Yeah, that's true. But I'm appreciating what Janet is doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, I appreciate that too. I mean, neither one of us can get up there and do any of that. So I'm not gonna take that away from her, but it's just.
Speaker 2: Don't take it away from the Queen Bee doesn't motivate me to go. So Queen Bee.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Renaissance tour has started, y'all. We have seen the whole thing on Instagram already, y'all. So you know, thank you, Beyonce. That show was amazing. Your outfits are amazing. I mean, the song, the set list, Okay, like a couple of them I could have skipped, but like you know, I mean, that was an amazing concert.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad I went. Okay, Okay, so a couple of things. For Robin, who's that Beyonce hater to the day she dies? So are you selling your tickets? Yeah, because she's not coming to us until months from Yeah.
Speaker 1: So imagine by August fifth, right, I would have seen every single moment.
Speaker 2: That happens now and keeps growing. No. No, if he keeps going, I'm gonna the.
Speaker 1: Mute hashtag Beyonce, hashtag Renaissance tour.
Speaker 2: Yes, mutants, yes, the mutant. Well, okay, but I saw that the people on the people out there are saying that, you know, she's not dancing enough, and you know, we don't understand why she's not moving because.
Speaker 1: She mostly criticizing criticism of people who are watching the clips or people who were there, No watching the clips. I want to know from the people were there how it was. But I don't want to know any of that. I'm cool with whatever the.
Speaker 2: Hell she's doing, right, because you know, I'm gonna get to my concert. I don't care how many clips I see. I'm gonna get to my concert as if I'm seeing it for the first time.
Speaker 1: Okay, however, really see, that's hard for me to do. But you know what she does, she does change her outfits.
Speaker 2: A thousand times. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: I feel like she just her outfits for the whole show, like halfway through the tour. So I feel like the outfits that we're seeing now we might might be like completely different, but we're still going to see them regardless. So you've been as many Beyonce concerts as I have, Okay, Like, what if you do get there and it's underwhelming in on Beyonce.
Speaker 2: Level levels, which okay, so underwhelming on Beyonce level is still great. It's I feel like it's still great. Okay. And they said she had foot surgery, so apparently she's not doing her eight counts. She's just doing She's not doing her sixteen counts, she's doing an eight count.
Speaker 1: Oh I see, Yes, okay, you know what honestly, and let me, I'm okay, I'm just being like a funny hater because I'm not really hating, but I am like seriously, like I think I need to mute the whole. Yeah, I mean, it's need the hashtacks because like I don't want to see.
Speaker 2: All that's yeah, and it's unfair for people that are gonna be going yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The whole it's you know, Yes, Beyonce is amazing. Her dancing amazing, her singing is amazing. The songs are great. It's just the whole production itself, like the set, the everything, you know, all the screens and the digital stuff. You know, like that stuff also contributes to the experience, and so I think that's something that you can really only feel and appreciate.
Speaker 2: When you're in the building.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm gonna keep my ticket show thank God. Still might sell two of them. So if somebody needs one hundred level tickets DM Robin on August fifth, d x Field, let me know.
Speaker 2: Yes, d M Robin. Okay, so have you heard about Oh, before we get into this, I do want to say that, you know, we got to give some love to the Real Housewives of Atlanta Ladys. They did premiere there on Bravos Sunday nights, eight o'clock The Peach. I did see their first episode, their season premiere, and it was good. Yeah, yeah, I was into it. That's great. I haven't watched it yet.
Speaker 1: I will I will watch it at some point, yes, but it's it's great to have them back on on I know television. I heard, you know, people enjoyed it, so I really hope that the season is amazing for them.
Speaker 2: And I feel like, you know, if we're not on, then Atlanta needs to be on. Really just go Yeah, if there's fifty two weeks in the year, they need to be on twenty thirty six, No, twenty what fifty two? Wait a minute, fifty two four? No? Whoa two? Oh no, you're wrong to me, fifty two.
Speaker 1: That would be twenty six, twenty I said thirty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and you try to say I can't. Well, you said twenty four. That's twenty four is closer than thirty two.
Speaker 1: I said thirty six, Okay, okay, yeah, I mean I said twenty I meant to say twenty six.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. Well, anyway, I think they should be on for twenty whatever weeks in twenty six, we should be on for twenty six. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like, well, we had twenty episodes including the reunion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we almost made us.
Speaker 1: And then there's like a six week period and then I feel like they usually have at least that so hm hmm.
Speaker 2: So there's a whole possible twelve weeks. Yeah that people are bored to tiars because it's not us or Atlanta. Yeah, board to tears. Okay. So California has decided they have a reparations panel and they've approved payments up to one point two million dollars for black residents plus an apology. So they get an I'm sorry and money. Yes, but the money is like broken down, so it goes a little something like this. Okay, Okay, So black residents that were affected by banks redlining them, they get like three thousand some dollars, okay, and then hold on, if it's a black resident who were victims of over policing, policing, i'm sorry, over policing, and mass incarceration, they get two thousand dollars for each year that they lived in California between nineteen seventy and twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Why wow, Okay, wait, so these reparations are so nineteen seventy, So the reparations are not related to I guess because in California they didn't really have like slavery in California because because the boats couldn't get all the way over there, right, So I guess that land wasn't even like I don't know, it wasn't even occupied or well, probably the Native Americans.
Speaker 2: Were rebably there. Right, So but if that's to these reparation the Native Americans, yes, well they do. Okay, So long story short, you can some people are getting up to one point two million dollars.
Speaker 1: That's you're gonna have to have a lot of boxes checked.
Speaker 2: Well to get one to one.
Speaker 1: You're talking about three thousand for this, two thousand for that, damn you gonna have.
Speaker 2: You have to have.
Speaker 1: Had the hardest life ever to get to the one million dollars.
Speaker 2: I'm just excited that it's happening. Something's happening.
Speaker 1: Well, that's good, right Exactly, I'm trying to figure out my residence in California, Like how do we get that changed?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And I'm sure there's residency criteria as well.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Like you have to have been a California resident for since a certain year and for a certain amount of time, Like you can't just have lived in California for the last two years, or you can't have grown up in Ioware your whole life and decide you want to be an actress and moved to California.
Speaker 2: Right, true, Okay, so we have to figure all that thing out, right, But I'm I'm gonna get up in this this this payment situation. I'm trying to figure it out. Okay, I'm just here to let y'all know, and how do we do this? But how do we get this like in Maryland? How do we get this in other states? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe because Maryland, Yes, y'all had slaves. Y'all dropped them off right here, and governor let me hit out, Hey, we need our reparations, y'all, we need something. But you know what, I appreciate that, of course. I just hope that they maybe have some sort of programs that maybe help people put their reparations to good use.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Because the whole thing is like the you know, African Americans were discriminated against and prevented from creating generavenues for generational wealth. Yes, so instead of just handing people a bunch of money and they just you know, spend it.
Speaker 2: I'm really I.
Speaker 1: Really hope there's a way for people to like put their money to great use and to build something.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get that, but like, after all of this time, if y'all treat me back, y'all not gonna tell me how to spend my money Okay, if I want to spend it frivoriously. Fivoriously is that a word? Yeah, whatever, I'm gonna do that. You can't tell me how to spend money. I don't want to.
Speaker 1: They don't have to tell them how, but they can say, you know, okay, maybe maybe they can work closely with the Small Business Administration or something and say, okay, we're helping to establish businesses and here are programs and grants, you know, like those are the types of things that would be extremely helpful because so that's been the effect of of you know, all of discrimination and African Americans being pretty much treated as a second class citizen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, we have had no way to build generational wealth. Right. First of all, we couldn't buy houses until whenever, I don't know what the year is, and that's really important. Like we got to be able to own property, right, Yes, right, we gotta pass stuff down. But let's let's give California some CODs. But yes, California, that's awesome, get into it. Yeah with a little fine. Governor Newsome was his name. Yes he is a cutie. Yes, let's let that wife slip up. I'm coming okay, So now speaking of not gonna have any more money. Okay, So Donald Trump was found guilty. Yes, yes, yes, yes, because you know what this is. It's coming like one time you've you're found guilty.
Speaker 1: All the other cases that just gonna be like guilty, guilty, guilty. So I was shocked that yes, because I mean it is something that's like, how do you well, he wasn't guilty of actual rape. He would guilty of of like a sexual assault or something, grab the pussy.
Speaker 2: Listen, he said, did you see the deposition? This man was like, yeah, all the stars can do it. No, he said what he said. So in the deposition, the lady says to him, so you said that because you're a star, you can just lean into a woman and grab them by the pussy. And he says, yeah, all the stars do it. They've been doing it since the beginning of time. Oh my god, what, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So that's that's crazy. That's what got the guilty. Yes, that's what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're guilty, sir, and you owe her five million dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you say it again. This has become very famous. In this video. I just started kissing them. It's like a magnet, just kiss I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything, grab them by the you can do anything. That's what you said.
Speaker 2: Well, historically that's true.
Speaker 1: Ours, it's true.
Speaker 4: What starts they're thinking, grab women by the Well, that's what that's If you look over the last million years, I guess that's been largely true, not always, but largely true.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately or fortunate.
Speaker 4: And you consider yourself to be a star.
Speaker 1: I think you can say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you think he's got five million dollars cash?
Speaker 1: Yes, because shoot, when he was all that money he raised from from when he was arrested. You know, they raised so much money and like such a short perioce. I know, I know he's gonna use that money. He's gonna use So this.
Speaker 2: Is his slush fund. Yes, okay, So there's gonna be more cases coming up. This is civil so he don't know, no jail time, right, But yes, sir, they'll be grabbing people by the pussy, right. I want to get to know you, Robin, Okay, So before we get into that, yes, we just have to say.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we got to talk about you. Yes, yes, okay, what do you have to say? You know you have a lot to say.
Speaker 2: Okay, So guys, I was minding my business, sitting on my couch as I love to do in my house, and I was scrolling through the Instagram. And you know, if I go to Instagram Robin, anytime Robin posts something, she pops up first, right, That's just how the matrix works. Okay. So I was scrolling through and I see Robin lost. I was lost. I wanted to know where I was.
Speaker 1: Robin was walking around aimlessly, lost on the beach and on a boardwalk, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, what is happening to my friend? Who is kidnapped? My friend? So I said to myself, let me scroll down and read what the hell she talking about? And so she said, all of a sudden, I saw something about she found peace. And then I scrolled a little bit more and she said, California Psychics. The California psychics gave.
Speaker 1: You peace as you were aimlessly walking on a boardwalk.
Speaker 2: Yes, that hell are you talking about. I was so perplexed, and Borderline was like, I don't know this person. Who is this person?
Speaker 1: She is looking over the boardwalk into the water, she is walking on the sands.
Speaker 2: It's just I'm confused. Okay, please explain. Yes, I will explain.
Speaker 1: So you are not the only person that got a kick out of that, Okay, but I will explain. So, Yes, I was not aimlessly lost walking on the beach.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I was enjoying my vacation. Okay, Okay in the Bahamas, all right, I'm taking in all the beautiful nature, the beauty of the world, right and just at peace because I yes, talked to two psychics, Okay, recently. I actually talked to three. But I talked to two California psychics recently. And you know, it's funny. I feel like people if you've never experienced the psychic and and you know, if you watched The Real Households of Potomac for a long time, what season was it?
Speaker 2: Season three?
Speaker 1: I think you saw Wan and I talk to a psychic medium. Yes, And when I tell you, that man was the most that was the That was one of the most amazing experiences I've had on the show and just in life. Just talking to that man was so comforting and so enlightening.
Speaker 2: Like so, I'm.
Speaker 1: Open to people who have that type of skill.
Speaker 2: I'm talent. Okay, I like that, and me too. I appreciate it, and I don't look at them.
Speaker 1: You know, some people I think think it has it's like an anti Christ type of situation, which I actually believe that they kind of can communicate like God communicates through them, you know what I'm saying. So I don't look at talking to a psychic as not Also, you know, believe in my faith in God. Right, So anyway, So yes, I talked to these psychics. They were very comforting. I asked them specific questions. They answered me and gave me hope and they gave me comfort.
Speaker 2: And did they tell you how to get off the boardwalk? No? I didn't need to. I didn't need I didn't need that. Listen, I didn't need that. Okay, but have you read some of your comments? Because I saw one and it said, what is happening? I question Mark? I know it's so funny.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Okay, I know like talking to psychics is controversy or whatever.
Speaker 2: But okay, let's talk about because obviously. Then I scroll down and it said if you if you want to use the psychics, use Robin's name and you get money off. So I got okay, I got that. Yeah, yeah, could we could we have done the promotional post in a different way to do what not walking aimlessly? As if you are aimlessly? Do you take walks on the beach? Yes? Do you stand on a on a on a boardwalk? You staying on a yes? Okay, fine, Robin?
Speaker 1: Do you stand on the borwalk by the ocean and just sit there and look look at the look at the people? Listen, look at this, look at the cat ski Does everybody go to California's like, just go to put it?
Speaker 2: Put in at what is it? What is your code?
Speaker 1: Robin twelve? Robin twelve twelve dollars? Off what you said, Curly? Carly got it. Carly got it, But everybody, the thousand people in the comments, they didn't get it. They got a kick out of it. It's fine, you know what, I don't care. This is the thing about me that like people should realize by now, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Like I really don't. I gotta I got a key, key, I take you a key.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 1: So one called me I was out because I took the kids to like a basketball practice, and he called me dying laughing, yes, like yeah, I'm cracking up.
Speaker 2: I'm cracking up. Your post.
Speaker 1: I'm cracking up at these at your at these comments. He's like, and he was like, I'm about to comment. I said, no, do not comment.
Speaker 2: No he should, No, that would have been that got a lot of traffic. No what his comment gonna be.
Speaker 1: He would have he was gonna comment if he if he had commented, do you know how many times that ship would have been reposted?
Speaker 2: That had been great California side Robin twelve.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: I did that amazing. Actually, I did not want that. I did not want that.
Speaker 1: I did not want to open my phone and then just see my ship with once comment reposted fifty times.
Speaker 2: Okay, but what but depends on what his comment was going to be.
Speaker 1: So he was gonna have some laughing emojis and I was like, no, you have to.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, fine, yes I don't do that.
Speaker 1: Yes, but anyway, I love talking to intuitive people me too. They are very Their spirits are so comforting, like I can't even explain it, it's so crazy. And then I'm telling y'all, I will tell you what they said when it comes true.
Speaker 2: Right, But did you ask him about me at all? Okay? Fine? So I need to I need to do I have to put in Robin twelve to get mine done. How much you said's a minute? Twelve dollars a minute.
Speaker 1: Well, there's different psychics you can choose from, so certain some of them are five dollars a minute, some of them are twelve dollars a minute. So you just got to pick what psychic you want. Who's bootleg? Does anyone boot leg? Everybody's good? Well, I mean they have like they have ratings how they do Yeah, and then you can see like, yeah, they're rated. You can see the number of readings that they've done. So some have done thousands of readings, you know, on this platform, and some have only done you know, a few hundred or whatever. And then there's some that like do tarot cards, and some that are mediums and talk to you know, the dead, and there's some that are just impaths.
Speaker 2: You know. It's just like different.
Speaker 1: Okay, It's really like, it's so funny why I thought I was crazy Because I would get off the phone with the psychic and I would like run to where he was and he was like, I talked to the psychic and this is what they said, and it was well, I talked to on California psychics. I talked to two different ones. Okay, so I hang up the phone with one. So I'm like, I talked to a psychic. Yeah, and this is what she said and bo because I asked about him and his job and his all that in our lives and whatever, and he was like okay. So then I would hang up again, I would talk to another one. I hang up, and I talked to another psychic and they said the same thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, is any of it panning out? We gotta give it time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're right, We're not there yet yet. We gave us some time and everything. And then I talked to Ashley's friend Eve. She did my child's heart reading, and.
Speaker 2: Eve said the same stuff. Listen, this is don't knock it, y'all, it's fun. And I actually was like, this is fun. Okay, So we'll have one on the show. How about we we do a podcast with one of them and the next in coming. Maybe maybe Carly can set that up since she's yeah, okay, Carly, y'all. Carly, she's gonna get on that.
Speaker 1: And we probably could because like when you talk to them and then and so like if I asked something, say about one and his job, like he didn't have to be there or on the phone. They're like, okay, what's his full name? What is his birthday? Like that's what all they need and then you ask him like a specific question. So I'm thinking even if there's a listener that has something that they want us to ask, Okay, okay, we could do that for them.
Speaker 2: I like that. Yeah, I got some questions from anyway.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, I am glad that I was able to entertain you and give you a key. Key If y'all want to go to my Instagram page and check it out, it's going to still be there.
Speaker 2: Okay. Just look for a robin walking on the beach. You see me walking on the beach and my Rasachi bathe and suit. Yes Masachi okay, yes, Masaji Maasaki. Okay. So we have one reasonably shady before we get out of here. Is it reasonable or is it shady? This is well, this is actually advice needed. Hey, Rabina and Jizzy, who was Shamion? Oh do we know sha Marian? Yes? We know. That's all things to see. Oh we love her. Okay, So hey Rabina and Jizzy, it's your girl. Me me here and I need some advice to. So, I have a friend that I've been friends with since elementary school and we have been stuck like glue since. So now that we have graduated high school and we went our separate ways, but we still manage to spend time with each other. This is where I need some advice. So I'm always showing up to everything she has, like her baby shower, her birthday, her granddaddy's funeral, and basically everything she invites me to. But she never shows up to anything I have, Like when my birthday came around, she was a no show. When we plan trips it's the day before she always seems to cancel, or even when I plan us fun think fun outings, she never shows up. She complains her money is low, so I tell her just come and enjoy and I'll pick up the bill. But she's still a no show. So should I feel away and cut her off? Or should I tell her how I feel and move on? Because maybe I'm overreacting. Ooh, Okay, this is actual. This happens a lot. It does happen a lot. Yeah, I can vouch for that. Maybe I was thinking about you as I was reading it, Robin. No, I'm not that bad I'm not yet. Are you overreacting? No?
Speaker 1: Like this definitely, you definitely have the right to feel a certain type of way about this, for sure, Right, But but I say, okay, a lot of times, every friend can't be everything to you, right, Okay, So you know there are some friends that maybe I guess you have to wonder like what is your friendship good for with with her? Like, what are you getting out of the friendship? So if it's not her coming up, not showing up for you in the physical, yeah, do they have good conversations on the phone, does she offer good advice? Is she supportive? Does she you know, is that a shoulder you can cry on or whatever? So you gotta kind of wonder, ask like what are you getting out of this friendship?
Speaker 2: Robbie, you know you always see all sides. I tried. I was like, throw that bitch in a transcript, right, Okay, that bitch got to go.
Speaker 1: Okay, I try to, But but I'm saying, like, Mimi, you need to ask, like what is the friendship where?
Speaker 2: What are you getting out of the friendship?
Speaker 1: So if she's physically not showing up for you, like hopefully you're getting something out of the friendship. Yes, Now I do think she should say something.
Speaker 2: Though there's a conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, she should say something. The thing about the money. Maybe she feels guilt, or not guilt, but shame and embarrassment right that she doesn't have the money. And even though her friends say, oh no girl, we got you, like, she doesn't want to put her friends in that position because it's embarrassing for her.
Speaker 2: So which I actually wish I had friends like that, because they don't mind. They don't mind when I pick up the check. They just like, thanks girl. Right, I'm like, ain't nobody embarrassed here? I'm paid for all of y'all. No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: So so I'm gonna let you talk and finish this. So maybe also, Mimi, you can test. You can put out a little test and think of something that you all can do that.
Speaker 2: Does not require money.
Speaker 1: Oh I like that, okay, and then see how she responds or if she shows up I think that that's well No.
Speaker 2: I say, yes, no, she's not overreacting. This is a real feeling. I've been through this, not with Robin, but with another girlfriend of mine that over the years I had to realize either she doesn't feel comfortable hanging out like some people want feel comfortable like hanging out whatever that means.
Speaker 1: Right, So if she had something, you would go to something she had. Yeah, if you had something, she wouldn't feel comfortable maybe being incorporated into like your other friends and stuff.
Speaker 2: Right, So maybe it was that maybe she didn't feel comfortable with my other friends. I don't know, but I did state like, I don't get it, I don't understand why you don't hang out. Doesn't make any sense to me, and then I left it alone. But you're absolutely correct. What she does bring to me is the conversations that we have. And you know, she's always like a friend of mine that's very grounded, and you know, I'm out here sometimes making some bad decisions and she's like, no, don't do that because blah blah blah. So that's what she brings to my life currently. But as for us hanging out, Yeah, and then you get to a place where it's like these people that don't hang out no more, they don't know how to hang out, So you don't even want to hang out with that because they don't even know what they're doing, right, they don't even know what's cool and what's not cool? Right, exactly, you don't be responsible for them, No, leave them at home. Okay, they take one drink and a on the floor. Oh wait a minute. And then she did hang out with oh shit in New York. Oh my god, how can I forget this? And she did. She had like one drinking, she was like throwing up. Oh no, she fell asleep in the club or so. It was something crazy, And I was like, this is why you need to stay home, right, Yes, you're not even hang out. You're not even equipped to hang out anymore.
Speaker 1: The streets taped for you, right, Yeah, you don't want that responsibility, like she's holding you back when you go out.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, you don't need that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, so governed as you get older, you got to put your friends in boxes, so to speak. Yeah, and govern govern yourself accordingly with your friends.
Speaker 2: And that is our episode. Guys, we love y'all so much. Don't ever forget to live your life any reasonable It's shape d or both. Bye. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant and reasonably shady