Speaker 1: Okay, First of all, some some flames on your plane when you land is just a way of celebrating that you've landed in Florida. That's just those are celebratory flames. Helps with the disembark It makes the disembarking process more efficient because people are getting off the plane more quickly because of the black smoke, and you get to use the slide. How often do you get to use the slide? Also, So one of the big problems that we have with the air it's just the air traffic controllers are asleep at the wheel literally because they don't let them sleep, and so these little near death accident things are like they jolt them away for like at least a couple of days. So I think you're in actually.
Speaker 2: Really good in Orlando right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they're very keen to not repeat this mistake within the next few days. So these are these are the rumble strips of air traffic. Air air travel. You know how rumble strips are actually there so that when truckers fall asleep, they like drift off to the side and then they're like, oh, that's what these little accidents are, these little oopsies. They are like rumble strips for the air travel industry.
Speaker 3: An entire plane engine has to catch fire.
Speaker 1: That is the unfortunate consequence.
Speaker 2: Black smoke, you said, though, sounds like we got a new pope.
Speaker 1: We got a new pope. We don't, right, it doesn't have to be white smoke.
Speaker 3: Which one is it? We vote again, black smoke, black pope. Maybe some black pope, black pope, black poope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't, I need I need a rhyming mnemonic device for like, white smoke, pope pope. Not here, black smoke pope.
Speaker 3: Black black, Yes, black key's back there we go back white good night.
Speaker 1: There it is.
Speaker 3: We got it all right. Next next right.
Speaker 1: From Swish Alright, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, eighty five, Episode two of Dirt Daily. Zight Guys, a production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America sharing consciousness. That it is Tuesday, April twenty second, twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Five, yep, two tues as they say for Man Toronto. Look, it's school bus driver Appreciation Day. Shout out your school bus driver, shout out. It's National Jellybean Day. Not a fan.
Speaker 1: I'm not a fan of jelly Day. Jelly beat, so fuck all that.
Speaker 3: Also National Girl Scout leaders Day and National Earth Day, but only national so I guess only America. This is the only day America will recognize O Earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because.
Speaker 3: It's nationals on Global Earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's right. And then you our own where we show the rest of the world how it's done by completely ignoring it.
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly. Don't don't bumb us out Earth.
Speaker 1: You can have like little Earth decorations at the at the office. Myles, why do you why why do you hate jelly beans? It's not like the fucking texture. Yeah, the type, because there there are like the Starbus jelly beans flavor wise pretty good.
Speaker 3: I you know what. I actually bought those to put in an Easter basket from my nieces over the weekend, and I was like, damn, I might, I might try these, but I didn't end up trying them. I only bought him because they weren't jelly belly.
Speaker 1: They taste good, but they are like the primary ingredient is like lack her like it. It's like, you know, I feel like it's whatever that bug thing is bug mucus that they like make to like make a thing shiny, and it's probably illegal in European countries. I feel like that's the primary ingredient of jelly Jelli Betty. Yeah, but anyways, I think they're a lot of fun. I'm also a huge Reagan fan and that was his that was his main thing. That would be if he if he had an action figure, there would be just a bowl of jelly beans next to him. What a cool guy. My name is Jack O'Brien aka Potatoes O'Brien, and I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gray.
Speaker 3: Look at Miles Gray. Just back from a wonderful uh day of celebrating the death of Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: So I've got good news, Miles. I don't know if you saw Mark Wahlberg's video, but he has risen Ah.
Speaker 3: Fuck, really.
Speaker 1: I was supposed to because I'm I was gonna be the new Jesus.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, fucking waiting for this asshole to step aside.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I'm still the Lord of Lancasham. Obviously you are still hoping, hoping to get named the new Pope.
Speaker 1: That's yeah.
Speaker 3: Look you know I'm holding out. I'm holding out I'm open.
Speaker 1: To a little cha.
Speaker 3: I'm open to it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like that should have been an early nineties comedy where like Jack Goodman finds out like gets a call.
Speaker 3: So you're basically saying, they're saying King Ralph, King Ralph, but.
Speaker 1: Pope Ralph. I like that you went to a sequel.
Speaker 3: John Goodman movie where a guy just some schlub ends up being really important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love to see it. Anyways, We're thrilled to have you back, Miles. We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a very funny stand up comedian and author whose book is is it Hot in Here? Or Am I suffering for all eternity? For the sins I committed on Earth? His debut special stand up special Surprise Me, premieres tonight at eight pm Eastern on YouTube. It's very funny. Go check it out. Please welcome Zach Zimmerman.
Speaker 2: Thank you boys for having me. Do I have a unique nickname?
Speaker 3: You got well?
Speaker 1: Go on?
Speaker 3: What do you got?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I was I didn't know if those were original every show or those were things you've.
Speaker 3: Done for classic Yeah, yeah, I didn't want to mock. I'm stephen Is Zimmermann. Okay, just a that's just a pitch, but like you can beat it. Hey, it's gonna be hard. It's gonna be hard to be you set the bar pretty high.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Was Stephen glimmer Man him and Keenan?
Speaker 3: Wasn't that Keenan Ivory ways too?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just couldn't remember if like Glimmerman was the bad guy in it or if that was like if someone was like, you're a real glimmer Man, isn't it. Did he cut a dude's throat with a credit card in that movie?
Speaker 3: That sounds right self defense? Yeah? He had like a he had like a knife, credit card.
Speaker 1: It just like slashed it. And I was like, what the fuck is this movie?
Speaker 3: Yep? Credit card knife, Yep. Blimmer Man credit card knife scene, Yep, it's there.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: I bought east eggs for a little hunt yesterday or two days ago, and I went to the dollar store and my total, this is completely true, came to six dollars and sixty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was like, Glord, this is good, this is good. Did you did you point that out?
Speaker 2: Like what I told the cashier? I was like, that's not good, and she didn't care. She was like I was sitting underpaid and exploited.
Speaker 3: Man talking to me.
Speaker 1: I got a lot of tables. When do you get out of my face?
Speaker 3: You have any ideas?
Speaker 1: How many time? How many times that happened today?
Speaker 3: A dollar tree?
Speaker 1: Jack? Yeah? Yeah, no, I was just I was quoting a cable guy and cable guy when somebody's like, so they don't they asked for a fork, And she's like, we don't do forks because here we eat like they did in medieval times. And Jim Carrey's character says, oh, but they had PEPSI. She's look, man, I got a lot of tables.
Speaker 3: Jackie butchered the line and it's Matthew Broderick.
Speaker 1: Can I get a utensils?
Speaker 3: Said? There were no utensils in medieval times? Hence there are no utensils at medieval times? Can I get you a refill?
Speaker 1: They no utensils, but that PEPSI? Look, I got a lot of tables.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Wow, you just did a deep cut reference and got fact checked.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I can keep up with you boys. This is called being a really pathetic person with the podcast. This is.
Speaker 1: Welcome this world of podcasting. What's your favorite movie? You want to quote, bro, I'd love to hear it.
Speaker 2: I I will argue we're not in a quotable movie era, I haven't heard it. Good, I'll be back, or a good I mean, I drink your milkshake was maybe the most recent, like great quote, that's kind of what was the last?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like maybe some ship like like bane or yeah, just like people doing the voice.
Speaker 3: I feel like I was born of the dog.
Speaker 1: That's right. I was born in the dark. It is pretty good, pretty undeniable. I have.
Speaker 2: I have a phenomenal impression that is no longer culturally relevant, but it is pitch perfect if I can get into the different Go ahead, prepare previously on Lost.
Speaker 1: That's good? Oh I fifteen sixteen twenty three forteen.
Speaker 3: Wait was it for eight fifteen sixteen twenty three forty two? He's good. Yeah, he's good. Like numbers. They some say I am an idiot. Not pennies playing, not pennies playing, not pennies playing. Oh, Penny's boat, Penny's boat. Oh again with the fact check song Zach to.
Speaker 1: Steal to steal trap up there?
Speaker 3: Yes, Yeah, welcome, Welcome to the Insufferable Assholes Podcast. We got Zach Zimmerman on Today, Is it exhausting being all the time, and it's exhausting being married to me? Are we are you proposing proposing? My wife doesn't leave me for just constantly sundowning with weird out of context movie and TV show.
Speaker 1: Quotes, incorrect, incorrect.
Speaker 3: I overhear something while we're recording. I opened the door.
Speaker 1: I'm like, not right, yeah, yeah, yeah, this smoke. No, that wasn't Jacob. That miss quoted me and girls. Yeah, all right, Zach, we're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell our listeners a couple of things we're talking about today. Uh. Pete hag seth Uh. We talked about it on yesterday's Trending, But things seem to be devolving for Pete in terms of his ability to stay employed as Secretary of Defense. He said yesterday he said he was saying over the weekend, I talked to Trump. He said we're good. So we're good, which is a he's a good sign. Yeah, when the person has quotes about what Trump said to them behind closed doors, but no Trump quotes are forthcoming on that person's behalf. So we'll continue to talk about the fallout from him, well, also just general sloppiness from this administration. We'll also talk about Christy nomes purse being stolen with three thousand dollars cash inside allegedly. We'll talk about the continued fallout from Katy Perry's trip to space.
Speaker 3: Kind of everyone everyone's kind of getting flack, but a lot of people the Katy Perry of it all I think was especially kind of humiliating for her because now, like over the weekend there's like things in the Daily Mail where it's one of her confidants is like, yes, I think she kind of regrets doing all that, doing the most up there during that life stream.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's I think we're like the real problem, just don't do like massive publicity stunts with Jeff Bay Like, I think I feel like that might be your problem right there, not so much over here and down there, but right around the Jeff Bezos photo op. So we'll talk about that, and then we'll talk about the movie Sinners, a huge hit. Ryan Coogler's Sinners all sorts of incredibly impressive results. Best performance by an original movie since before the pandemic. Wow, that's fucking wild and the Variety and other kind of mainstream media outlets are like, I mean, okay, I guess you could say that's good. Why it's not good? Yeah, so we'll talk about why why there might be a double standard. Have you ever heard about one of those? A double standard?
Speaker 2: Is that like a single standard?
Speaker 1: So it's similar to a single standard, but you do you do a different one for a different person. It's interesting. Yeah, yeah, I know it's we know nothing.
Speaker 3: Of it in my world, Zach. It's going to spin when you hear this, Zach.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna believe it.
Speaker 3: Like one of those those humanoid robots in the marathon. Your head will spin right off.
Speaker 1: All that plenty more. But first, Zach, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 2: So on Sunday, I got high and went to an evangelical church service, Oh my God, which I thought it was for twenty Easter.
Speaker 1: Let me do it.
Speaker 3: I haven't been that is twenty years.
Speaker 1: And I wow, you did the two things I did it, Yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Two was worried. I was worried I would leave converted. But what I actually thought was the thing that I searched, which is while this pastor, this young handsome guy's given his sermon, I'm like, is his wife blowing him like our?
Speaker 3: Can Christians give blow jobs?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I googled can Christians give blowjobs? I was just that's where my high brain went.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the whole time he's talking and you're like, dude, what if it's like it's like a sin to get domed up from valve Holme's part where.
Speaker 2: He came to because he's I don't know, so wholesome. I just couldn't see anything other.
Speaker 1: Oh, you saw he as like asexual almost No.
Speaker 2: I saw a pro creative, gentle, condomless penetrative he was. He had like the gay haircut from ten years ago to I don't know if that's the fashion now amongst straight pastors, but he had like a skin fade on the sides.
Speaker 3: He was a handsome guy.
Speaker 2: You wul talk telling me about the Gospel and how the Resurrection of Christ matters. But turns out yes, in the in a marital context. I read an article on Christian context. Yeah, as long as everyone is enjoying it was that part of it. Sure, Yeah, that doesn't sound like Christianity. To me, that doesn't sound right. I think we have to go back everything. Did you wait to leave before you googled that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I didn't want it'd be wild, like someone just looks over your shoulder from the eye behind.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had to fight the urge to be like, you're all sheep, this is a lie. Wait, so what I mean? What even drew you to do that? You said it's been twenty years. Was it just kind of like a morbid curiosity, like let me get fucking really high and then subject myself to a Easter service? Yeah? I was curious.
Speaker 2: I mean I think I always like I have a bunch of like evangelical trauma. So it's kind of fun when I can go back and be above it, right right, kind of not feel triggered by this space and see it from a distance. Part I was curious, and then I was I don't know. I think there was some thing that gleaned from me. He was saying, God thinks you should live your life to the fullest. I was like, okay, I can get behind that.
Speaker 3: Okay, influencer, I'm with that. Or or maybe I.
Speaker 2: Hoped that they would like say something salacious or interesting. I am always curious about the role Hell plays today, Like I grew up tons of hell in church. Now so much like they bury hell now they barely talk.
Speaker 1: About I don't even talk about hell anymore. No, Yeah, I got my fill of evangelical stuff. And when I lived in Kentucky for a few years, and yeah, they were they were telling people that were going to hell, like who died? Like a kid died and they were like, we don't think he was saved. Unfortunately, so he saved. Oh God, by the way, do you think that your search killed the pope? Like you searching that on Easter? Do you think that that was too much.
Speaker 2: For I think he was making a similar search and God got domed up. People are thinking JD killed the pope. JD pleased the pope and.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, if he please. This is the type of conspiracy theory I'm here for, because it's not that, you.
Speaker 3: Know, his toppy game is next level, that he took the pope to death.
Speaker 2: There was a reason he got appointed despite them being very different parts of the Conservative Party.
Speaker 3: He's got mad.
Speaker 1: Those lips, eyelashes, those eyelashes.
Speaker 3: Was he Kentucky?
Speaker 1: I thought Ohio, Southern Ohio maybe sounds right, Yeah, Zach, what's something he thinks underrated?
Speaker 2: The dunkin Donuts mobile app brings me a lot of joy. I don't hear people talking about it enough. I am.
Speaker 3: I'm rolling into a dunkin. My order is already ready for me. I'm getting points. They just had a promotion.
Speaker 2: I got four points four times points on National Coal Brew Day a few days ago. The offers, the offers are consistent. Then the products are what you pay for, what's your download the dunkin donn use promo code? Zach Zimmerman.
Speaker 1: The So this is one of those things where you hear people who are like privacy experts say, don't use the apps because they're like selling your information or they're and but on the other hand, they are better, Like a lot of them are just much better than not using the apps. And I'm like, who, what's dunkin Donuts gonna do with my my psychographic data? Yeah, Like, I don't know that they build a psychographic data profile of me and it knows that like like what I'm in the mood for. I'm sure there's like some darker you know that I did submit a DNA sample to them, and that might have been a little bit overboard.
Speaker 3: I was gonna tell you them, like Jack, you can just enter in the app that sour cream donuts are your favorite donut.
Speaker 1: No, I better do this for the DNA sample. So I might be in some trouble for another reason. But what's your what's your go to at Duncan, I'm doing.
Speaker 2: A black cole Brew medium and recently they've had a dunk King's promotion six dollars for.
Speaker 1: I put that crown on your head, King with the crown on.
Speaker 2: My head, and then donut wise, I'm not going to Duncan for my donuts.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, sorry, Yeah, so your order is mostly just coffee. It's just coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, good for you. That actually makes makes sense to me. I think I think that's right. I think you're right. Decisions point.
Speaker 2: Yes, thanks my sponsorship. They were like, you shout on half of our business.
Speaker 1: Shout on the part of the business that's in the donuts. Not a fan of Actually they're not called donuts anymore, so they know what's up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they deleted that a while.
Speaker 1: Oh they're just Duncan, They're just Dunkin.
Speaker 2: I think I hopped at that too. There, like we're not International House of Pancakes anymore.
Speaker 1: We're just yeah, And that's so you're aware, so that that doesn't mean anything. Yeah, I hop doesn't.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a discontinued Apple robot toy.
Speaker 1: They were thinking about releasing the Iye hop and we didn't. Yeah, we just it's they went from like being a donut thing to being like, we're fucking cranking here. American runs on Duncan right. Their whole thing is just yeah, they know where what side they're bread is buttered on it and it's a weird legal speed. Yeah, what what's something you think's overrated?
Speaker 3: Lady Gaga? Just kidding? I love Yeah, yeah, no, but.
Speaker 1: I do think Miles's face was dead?
Speaker 3: So what happened?
Speaker 1: Gotcha?
Speaker 2: I do think maybe it depends on your community, but I think outdoor music festivals have never appealed to me, and people seem to be having a lot of fun outside in the hot sun at a music festival, rocking out. I'm seeing not in responses from you boys. I guess I'm gone for the wrong thing.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm saying, oh, we're yeah, I'm in the elder community.
Speaker 1: What community were you speaking from?
Speaker 2: Which is basically, Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Have I aged out of when being a horde was fun? Well, I think the heat makes it suck. That's why I like Coachella. The times when it was hot.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this is fucking terrible, Like I can't handle this shit, but no, I'm I'm I'm there with you.
Speaker 3: Like, the lineup has to be really good for me to want to be like in a massive people yeah, And I think that's the thing. As I become older and more washed, I went from knowing like eighty percent of the lineups I would see on a given like life a for a festival, to now being like, I know the headliners and like six them artists on there, and I'm you know, I'm just realizing the pace at which new artists come out is just it.
Speaker 1: It's hard.
Speaker 2: So the aging makes you crave comfort more. And also the music is not as alluring to overcome the discomfort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: I mean, although I love outside lands, and that's because the temperature in the gold and Golden Gate Park in San Francisco is just conducive to being able to like stand outside for many hours without becoming exhausted from merely being outside.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm willing, Maybe I'm willing to adjust then to hot too hot? Yeah, what's operted hot temperatures?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, for too long, we've been celebrating ninety degrees.
Speaker 1: We should have been celebrating sixty six oh point sixgree thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Did you see yo? Did you see the clips of Justin Bieber at Coachella?
Speaker 1: No turning out? He look sorry, I'm trying to act young. This is but the hair tent was really hitting.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. There's also this other artist that I I've we've gone out on a couple of her songs, Lola Young. She was super sick last week and was like choking back, like she was like gagging on stage.
Speaker 1: She was so sick.
Speaker 3: It was like, oh, I felt so bad. I was like, oh, She's like, I'm nervous, I'm sick. It was too hot.
Speaker 1: This is like the worst fucking performance I've ever had.
Speaker 3: The lyrics actually, yeah, nervous, hot, I'm too sick. Sorry, this is the worst.
Speaker 1: So what happened with Justin Bieber? Because I saw headlines and it's just seeing people kind of break down is sowmat depressing to me?
Speaker 3: So I don't know, Yeah, he was just he just looked like he was off the ships. I don't know, he just did not look was he there he was performing? No, no, no, no, he was just like in the like crowd and ship and just like people were flicks at him. Okay, like he you know, he just looks like it looks super fucked up. Oh yeah, and like you know, we we just you see this all the time, like so many of these kids who start off like becoming celebrities really young.
Speaker 1: It's just it's.
Speaker 3: Always like such a dark path. Uh sound like good? God, I feel I hope, I hope you get better. Justin Bieber, this didn't look good.
Speaker 2: I can't wait until the TikTok kid stars today have their crashouts in twenty years, like the cute kid who's like thank you mommy for his meals or the.
Speaker 3: Rizler watch it. Yeah, that's gonna be bad.
Speaker 1: It'll probably be like at a at a Costco or some ship too.
Speaker 2: You know, they'll bring back the dooms. Have you guys talked about the doom meter?
Speaker 3: No? No, you know the booms?
Speaker 1: Right? Of course, everything, every every story we covered today's episode Zach will be covered will be raided by booms.
Speaker 2: The Costco guys used to give things boom or dooms. Oh really, no, they had this rebrand. I think about the time they went on Fallon where they changed it. It's all booms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't care for it.
Speaker 1: Sold out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've captured. They really did.
Speaker 2: They've been catching How bad a doom is basically one boom? Okay yeah in situation yeah, because they don't want to give anything a doom because then they won't get their life.
Speaker 1: I knew that little I knew that little boy was a fucking coward.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: I will say, I think the Rizzler I'm taking the over on him. I thought, I think the Wrizzler is going to be the president of the United States. I don't think there's a crash out coming.
Speaker 3: I think damn.
Speaker 1: I think he will only astound and amaze us from this point. They had a Reddit bot for real life. Remind me in ten years, is this your king?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did get some traction over Easter, like I saw he his risen.
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah, fun.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone noticed that until the Rizzler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've always been saying there take a break. Jesus, let me hand, let me handle things.
Speaker 1: Man. Let's uh yeah, let's take a break. Let Jesus hand take the wheel for a couple of minutes of ads, and we'll be right back to talk about some news. And we're back back in that part where you look back and you see only ads. That was the part where he was carrying us all you guys, it's not a full episode unless I make a footstep of reference to the footsteps.
Speaker 3: Which was your favorite ad that just played? Probably the Chipotle one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that one's good, Miles Love. They still they still won't give me the wooden card. You know, that's what I want. I just want to eat. I'll just eat the beans. Honestly, I'm just eating beans from there all the time.
Speaker 3: Is that the free for life? Yeah, that's like commented, Yeah, yeah, the credit card that'll get you Chipotle for life.
Speaker 1: Man, I just had my Ralph's key, like the little thing that goes on your keychain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like integrated.
Speaker 1: I've had it for twelve years. It just came off the keychain last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like me and my local Ralph's cashier like we're like God, we like looked at each other, and it kind of was like he did when he took it, it like pulled off. I'm so sorry. Man, Oh he did it, Yeah, he did it, but I couldn't be mad. The thing was not made. Get your manager over here. Why did you get your manager? Yeah, sorriies are good, but let me talk to your manager and see how we can really test. How so are you?
Speaker 3: I've had this plastic rectangle on my keychain for twelve fucking years, but no more so filthy, I have onealty, nothing to you, Ralph, I have one here.
Speaker 1: Although why aren't you just punching your number because it's easier. I don't know I do if I forget or if you know we have different that's a good.
Speaker 3: That's a good. Like reveal of how you look at class. Do you hand them your key for them to scan or do you punch in your number all yourself and do the labor.
Speaker 1: I scan it myself. Man, can just twipe that ship? You just do it?
Speaker 3: Over the thing?
Speaker 1: Well out of my way, out of my way. I want to do it. I put the apron on, put the apron on.
Speaker 3: You're you are a true revolutionary.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's truly. Wait where were we with this. How did we were we about to talk about Pete heg seth Oh No, yeah, you were talking about card and how you want it so that you can just go in, ask for a large drink and fill it up with beans.
Speaker 3: Just right over.
Speaker 1: I just reached over the sneeze guard. Let me just scoop. I guess sure, how good I got that? I got the winning card.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 1: Just hugging some beans, isn't a isn't that just?
Speaker 3: Isn't that coffee?
Speaker 1: That's right? Hey? And if we're being honest, and I think we are Zach today blew my mind? Yeah, today only we're being honest. Let's talk about Pete Haig sat Zach fan? Are you a fan? You know?
Speaker 3: I I liked his early work.
Speaker 1: This guy so good. Not washing your hands.
Speaker 2: He's such a messy little bitch, which is okay. We've learned if you're president, but if you're secretary of Defense, you got to be a little serious about your.
Speaker 3: Job a little bit. That's one of the big ones. Yeah, he just likes being He's like, well, I have slick back hair, and I always have like an America handkerchief in my pocket, so I'm defensive.
Speaker 1: Secretary of Defense.
Speaker 2: I don't trust handsome people in roles where they should just know lots of things. There's a reason why they call Washington d C Hollywood for ugly people.
Speaker 3: It's because it's that. But they're smarter than.
Speaker 1: People in Hollywood. That's just and that's why they're taking Pete hagg Seth down. He's too beautiful. They're just jealous with his That should be his defense. With his current defense of you guys just hate me because you ain't me. Liberal media isn't really working. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I mean, look, we've there's been Signal Gate, Signal Gate two.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Now NPR is reporting that inside the White House the search hath begun for a new drunken white supremacist super soldier to be Secretary of Defense. So yeah, I just I think we were all shocked just because he's terrible at his job and you know, like I just don't understand, and like his appointment has only led to more chaos within the Pentagon. Dude, this fucking this place has gone soft. I've been saying this for a long time. Mass firings are a good thing no matter what. And Pete Hegseth I think proved that. But over the weekend too, like all of the Hegseth flunkys at the Pentagon really did their best to try and make this a nonswen. It's like another day, another fake story, blowing stuff out of proportion. Like he know, he absolutely cares about the the like the safety of our our war fighters, our warriors, and yeah, like we said on Monday's episode, when hag Seth was speaking to the press at the White House, it looks now looking at what we know now, I'm like, oh, this.
Speaker 1: Guy really was. He was fighting for his life with he was tilting. Yeah, he was on edge. She's like looking at the camera, Zach, I don't assume that you watched Pete Hegseeth's interview at the White White House Easter egg.
Speaker 2: Roll But.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, good, Well it would be good because he is making deep eye contact with just down the barrel of the camera for no reason, and like in a way that's just feels really un media trained for somebody who's got their start being a talking head on television. But I think I think he's just kind of erratic and probably you know, six whiskeys deep. It's pretty late on Sunday morning.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. I mean, this is the one they wanted, you know, Like this is they were like, this guy will do the most damage and.
Speaker 1: Do it unflinchingly, unquestioningly.
Speaker 3: So I know, in terms of like the utter destruction of norms angle, I think they really wanted him, but who knows at this point. Yeah, I mean they might just honestly be like gets like a true like a like a war criminal out of like a cryo freeze that they reanimated to be like, and we.
Speaker 1: Got Andrew Jackson back, baby.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's we will see where they go with this. But it sounds like basically because the Pentagon was just in full chaos mode, it was taking up too much of Trump's attention because.
Speaker 1: Then he can't golf, and He's like, well then I need to get rid of someone.
Speaker 3: But on that at that same Easter Egg event, someone asked him about he Pete Hegseth, and he was like, just ask the nineties banned the hooties, what they think of Pete heg Seth. This was him giving his semi vote of confidence to Pete Hegseeth as.
Speaker 1: The hoodies, how much ysfunction? There's run Peach's doing a great.
Speaker 3: Job, he said at not the Hoothies in Yemen. He's he was trying to reference the Hoothies who they were bombing. He said it was doing a good job. Ask the Hooties, well, all right, as.
Speaker 1: The Hoodies, how much ysfunctions? There's run, dude, he doesn't. He can't even get through a sense of swish. That's just the hoodies. But yeah, we're gonna fire him.
Speaker 3: All I can hear.
Speaker 2: All I can think is the hoodies as a synonym for boobs. And I'm trying to think of a situation where someone is like, asked the boobs if they had fun, and.
Speaker 3: It's like, who are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 3: I mean that up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, fire him, fire him, that was bad, Get rid of him, Get rid of him for a replacement. Because Trump is so television brained. Do we think he's going to try and go after the general from the.
Speaker 3: Those car insurance rate in town?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I feel like the General would be on a short list. I mean, at this point it could probably. It would probably even be like when Lacey Mosley dressed.
Speaker 3: As the General for Halloween that one year, that she would somehow be good enough get me that General. It's like that's Lacey Mosley. No, no, no, the Jed that that one, the beautiful one.
Speaker 2: We could bring in cap and Crunch from retirement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean have him lead the way.
Speaker 1: He does have that mark on his record where the flub where oops all crunch berries. You know, he admitted up an admitted fuck.
Speaker 3: Upon must make clear.
Speaker 2: We make mistakes, we kill some people, we apologize for those mistakes.
Speaker 3: We're moving fast, and then we move fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean at this rate though, too. I didn't even believe they'd be like, we've actually brought back Dwight Eisenhower as an AI to make all the decisions. Who better then the great ike Dwight Eisenhower.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean like they'll they it'll just be someone that he.
Speaker 1: Can control and end of story. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's a good It's always a good sign when they can't stomach their own cabinet members so quickly, and then so quickly they're just like, yeah, bro.
Speaker 1: We don't. They're all fucking They're all suck at this and it's causing more problems.
Speaker 3: We thought once you once you enter office, everyone just blindly does what you say, even if it's illegal or immoral.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's only certain, only certain instances they do that.
Speaker 2: That's a beautiful frame, or just to be like, oh this is good. They're firing someone who did a bad thing. There's no there is a limit, there is a line.
Speaker 3: I think it's more that it's there. Just don't embarrass us, like do all the illegal shit. But the second now everyone's like, look at these fucking just completely inept people trying to be serious about running the government. I think that's where they have trouble because then they have to go out. They'll be like who hasn't leaked warp? Like you know what I mean, Like they have to do that same thing where they just like distill like a really terrible thing down to a very basic premise. Who hasn't leaked classified information ahead of a military strike.
Speaker 1: On the Hoho Thies?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You get was?
Speaker 3: Yeah you get one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Two? Never two?
Speaker 3: Exactly same thing with like you know this happened with what's his face? Like the former EPA guy during Trump's first what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Uh down?
Speaker 3: Completely fucking this up? What was his name?
Speaker 1: Uh? You got it, I got it, I got it.
Speaker 3: It's coming. Scott Prewitt Scott Yeah something Scott Prewitt from the EPA because he had to also resign. It was fine when he was doing all the earth fucking shit at the EPA, but when all these embarrassing stories came out about like buying weird mattresses and like using like police sirens to buy Dean and de Luca chocolate, that he was like, come the dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Trump's just like a mean girl, right, Like it's just the thing, the story that is embarrassing is the thing he's going to respond to. He doesn't give a fuck if it's like there's like procedural stuff or like a story that requires him to do reading or homework to understand why it's bad that you're going to be safe there. Right, it's just if it's something where people are like, oh, that's a bad look, he's gonna be like, yeah, that guy, get it out of here. He hates a bad look. Yeah, yeah, so that's that's what you can't do. And like this has just the right shape of that. I'm not saying like he's definitely gonna get fired, but it just him leaked, So there was already the leak. It was a big bad story that they had to talk their way out of and like excuse me, and then him doing that to his wife and brother is just like so just on the surface, which is all Trump cares about, it looks really bad.
Speaker 3: It is because it is an escalation. The first one, it's like, fine, another guy arrently put this person in there.
Speaker 1: Pete Hegseth was on it.
Speaker 3: But now Pete haig Seth started and it's not even people that are part of the fucking government. You know, then how do you do this?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen the text, but have we considered these might this might have just been some sexting happening that's been misconstrued, just texting his wife like hey, baby, can't wait to blow up some stuff.
Speaker 1: To blow up them hooties?
Speaker 3: Yeah about mahu. Yeah wait till this FA eighteen strike package hits your base in Yemen at sixteen thirty PF. Yeah, well well whoa no, oh sorry, I'm describing the military strike back. Oh yeah, yeah, this is these are Yeah, this isn't sexting, Dave.
Speaker 1: This is insane.
Speaker 2: Why is your brother being invited to our.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know she's not into it, She's not. If she's out into it, you gotta go. That's fine. He doesn't have to be involved. He is just gonna watch. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We tried the white lotus thing. It's not working out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Also, just a thing that would be a you know, year defining scandal in a democratic administration. Christie gnomes perse got stolen with all her credentials inside and three thousand dollars of cash. That's just it's the sort of thing that won't make it won't even register for this administration. But also three thousand dollars is a suspiciously significant amount of cash for somebody to be holding. But maybe not. I don't know, is that what these people they.
Speaker 3: Just whenever I had over two hundred dollars on me cash and I and it wasn't in the context of me just coming from the bank, It's because.
Speaker 1: I was dealing drugs, right, that's me. But that's just me.
Speaker 3: For her, it could be bribes, it could be a scam or trying to be like I had three thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars cash in there too, right yeah, yeah, But I don't know who that like. I don't know if there's like like I don't know if there's like an insurance policy you scam to be like, oh three thouskay, Well, she's just committing the most public insurance for up possible. I also had a tiny pig. I also had a tiny original Picasso.
Speaker 3: There, so's those other things. It was that she went to Capital Burger. It was at a burger place. Your fucking burgers are expensive.
Speaker 1: I know it is it at two in the morning, because in that case, she was absolutely fucked up. There's like no burger place. Yeah, losing your purse is some fucked up drunk person behavior. Yeah no, No.
Speaker 2: Grand is also in like the the sex work category of like hiring or being paid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean, I mean it's like it is a fancy interior. It looks like a fancy fancy it's not like a five guys or whatever. But but yeah, I mean yeah, please tell us more about how we can keep America safe when you lost track of your fucking purse and just got that shit ganked at the burger restaurant.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, not great. All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about the Girl Boss space flight. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 2: What was your favorite ad jack that just played oh man.
Speaker 1: The one where Jeff Bezos came on himself and just talked to us about progressive politics and like how we need to forget about forget about them. But and let I think he said, just let me handle it.
Speaker 3: Jack guys, well the actual thing when he goes the progressive politics forget about.
Speaker 1: It, Jeff Bezos drunk. No anyways, Yeah, So this is one of those familiar positions of having to shoot down dumb conspiracies about something that itself sucks and is not worth defending. But there were so there was a ton of conspiracy theories last week that Kate So, Katy Perry and Gail King and Jeff Bezo's girlfriend and above.
Speaker 3: As for former local newsperson in Los Angeles, Yes, Foxst they went to space, came back and people were like, I don't believe it, because I think they were just like most people hadn't been paying attention when the billionaires were going to space and just like kind of dipping their toe in the space and being like, technically, we've been to space.
Speaker 1: In your face, everybody, I am an astronaut. Any questions an astronaut, and you will address me as such.
Speaker 2: The big astronaut story before this was people someone lived in space for not that couple, yes, like.
Speaker 3: Ninety or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that yeah, people were people were comparing pictures of Katie Perry on her like little ten minute space space in quote flight with pictures of the astronaut who had been there for six months, and they were like, that looks like space hair the woman who had been there, whose hair was just like flowing in all directions, whereas Katy Perry's hair was like still kind of neat and didn't look like it had even been hit by much wind to be honest. And people were like, that's she didn't actually go to space, and like that's true in the technical set.
Speaker 3: Like it's true that she went to space in the technical sense, right that she right, she crossed that threshold sixty two miles in the sky that now you are in space. But I think it's the micro gravity of it all that people were.
Speaker 1: Like, would your fucking micro grave the hair's does move? Yeah, it's it's all and there's so one of the things they were pointing to was the hair. Another thing they were pointing to was that like when space capsules come back to Earth from being actually like in outside of the atmosphere. In space, they like get burnt and like you can see like the burn marks on them, and this one was nice and clean, and people were like, that's well, this just looks like they just like took it and placed it there. And of course that's because it didn't have to come It didn't. It didn't enter orbit and then have to come back through the atmosphere and like turn into a ball of fire. It just like hit the technical limit of space and then came back. It was like dipping its toe in a pool and then being like, I'm an Olympic swimmer.
Speaker 2: You know, and if you were faking it, you would muddy it a little, you would. This is like a rookie move to have a pristine capsule come back if you're gonna fake.
Speaker 1: It, right right.
Speaker 3: Yeah. There's also the thing about like Jeff Bezos opened the door inward.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't know what the fuck that's supposed to mean.
Speaker 3: Wait, it's so funny the video. Have you seen it.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen that.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen that clip. I saw that he goes up.
Speaker 2: They want this big moment where Jeff is like opening the capsule, but someone inside opens it before he gets there. They just landed, and they go to open it, and they're like the press persons like close it, close it because they want.
Speaker 3: This big like camera mode Jeff opening it. But they had already opened this. And I think that's the thing people, I mean, rightly, the people who have actually you know, used that as the main point of their critique. I think that's where it should because there's too many people who are like, who gives a shit at these broads when out of they're not fucking at like whatever. To that part, it's like it's the it's the the going along with the Jeff Bezos vanity space thing while like we're well, meanwhile on Earth everything is falling apart and we have terrible inequalities, Like come read the fucking room here for a second. Like that's I think. The more the critiques that I've read that, I'm like, yeah, that's that's a bad look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently it takes a ton of jet fuel to like get this thing to the border of space. Like to the point that people were saying that this used this was as damaging to the environment as the entirety of Taylor Swift's eras Tour is that an actual measurement they did. I saw that somewhere, so I can tell that. I can tell you that I saw it on the internet.
Speaker 2: I did see that on the Why don't you guys support women reaching new heights? That's what I'm hearing. That's so why can't we let them?
Speaker 1: That's what's so frustrating about is it's just like the it's like they make us have to like side with like, well, what you're gonna be one of these right wing trolls that says that this is like artificial. It's like, well, no, I don't think it's artificial. It's just it's just superficial.
Speaker 3: It's just dumb, and it's just it's it's meaningless in the sense that like this is just helps bring more attention to Bezos's space program and Katie Perry's tour, which is so weird. And she's like flashing the set list like you're you're spending your time in space, like and my tour no one will go to. Here's a set list for you to see. Those are other parts. I'm just like such an eye roll. Meanwhile, they're like the two other people that were actual like scientists. I'm glad there are they aren't being Mary being mentioned in the same breath, because like those should beople actual scientists, right, Dale came at all?
Speaker 1: I don't know in the Laurens Loris Angeles of it all.
Speaker 2: Who knows, but it is it Sometimes people just use anything as a chance to express their hate for a specific person. Some of this feels very just like, oh, a lot of people just don't like Katie Perry. Yeah, this is yeah new fuel because they all deserve equal hate. If it's like the project at large.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all of the things that people are pointing out about this flight are true of like the many of the flights that like billionaires took to space, but because these are women, everybody is pissed off. Yeah, and like the returning up one of the ones they're like, look at this picture. There's like a dummy's hand in the capsule and it was like a capsule from like a test flight in twenty seventeen. They just like switched it in for like just to I don't know, it's like to make the case that, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's such a bigger l to like come after this thing. And then with the stupidest angle like dide you this picture from twenty seventeen. What not real?
Speaker 1: Why would they fake it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? This is in the Daily Mail. There was like this whole thing about like Katy Perry regretting Blue Origin flight and amidst continued criticism, It said after after insiders told Daily Mail after the flight sparked backlash that Perry has taken the criticism hard and was stunned by the public branding her quote tone deaf and quote embarrassing this with the insider said, Katie doesn't regret going to space. It was life changing. What she does regret is making a public spectacle out of it.
Speaker 2: M maybe maybe they need to take a book, a page out of like the peat hagscept book. Just don't change course, Katie Perrot.
Speaker 3: Just you did the thing. Stand by it.
Speaker 2: Don't admit you've done anything wrong.
Speaker 3: Just be proud of what you did.
Speaker 2: Just just makes it look weird, man. Yeah, the tour would y'all.
Speaker 3: I love free stuff. I would lie. I would go live on TikTok and see if I see even goes up that far.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I mean up up air. Maybe I want to say I have no desire to do that.
Speaker 3: I want to I mean, I want to go to outer space just generally as a sensation, but like if I have to do that and be one of like Jeff Bezos's like, uh little puppets on the ship.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: So you do a SpaceX fight, then yeah yeah, SpaceX definite more for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, that one goes for the opportunity to shake hands with Jeff Bezos.
Speaker 3: No, that was I was like, always one of the highest thoughts I had in college was like, do you remember that guy Felix Bombgartner like jumped out of that hot air balloon from outer space?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: That to me, I was like, dude, I want to get so high and do that, like just purely, both literally and literally in both ways. Just just burn up, go up in that hot air balloon and be like I'm about to feel infinity all. That was the thing I'd always say.
Speaker 1: In college, like, dude, just feel all around you.
Speaker 3: That ship must be crazy. Yeah, that was my thing.
Speaker 2: So they need to take the six women that did the space fight and just hot box in a car and let's watch the same. Just get them as high as possible. I want to see Gail King high. I think she could go to space.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that way, she'd probably say some really interesting stuff, I'd imagine.
Speaker 1: All Right, I do just want to talk about the weekend box office. Ryan Coogler's Sinners beat a Minecraft Movie dethroned a Minecraft movie and became the number one movie at the box office. It made forty five point six million domestically sixty one million worldwide, beating expectations. It's the best opening for an original film since pre pandemic times.
Speaker 3: Wait, so, which one was?
Speaker 1: Oh? Us?
Speaker 3: So? Us was the last movie? Which was the original pre paet hunk? Okay, so another black hell interesting film that just it blew away expectations over perform warming people would say to be slightly pageorge. It's actually overperforming.
Speaker 1: Expectations are always low on these That's so weird when it's a black filmmaker about these filmmakers that they haven't come. Is Ryan Coogler black?
Speaker 3: I believe?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh nah, I couldn't be. I know a couple of guys named Ryan who aren't so of the Ryans.
Speaker 3: I know my homies Ryan all white.
Speaker 1: Guys, all white dude. But yeah, So there's a couple headlines. There's a variety story and a New York Times story that like on Sunday, so like the day that the box office is being like reported. It immediately had the backlash take of actually, this isn't that good. Oh so, Variety said, Sinners has a mass sixty one million in its global debut. It's a great result for an original, R rated horror film.
Speaker 3: Yet the Warner.
Speaker 1: Brothers release has a ninety million dollar price tag before global marketing, so profitability remains a ways away.
Speaker 3: Sounds like if it does even a fraction of what it did this first weekend, it's profitable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a ways away though, like multiple days. You know jet nover how we report on box office ever before. But in this case, for some.
Speaker 3: Reason, Variety can't get fucked. They were the same people that put out that dumb Rachel Zegler hit piece laying like the failures of snow White on at her feet and being like, I think it was because she's pro Palestinian and the and then you know she had to do her politics all out loud. That Galagha doc got death threats, and you're like, what is the meaning of this piece at all? Like this is nothing to do with the movie.
Speaker 2: Who are they in the pockets of like the studios.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's an and it's a trade. So like they all have direct sort like lines to heads of studios that are like, we need to you know, it's like any media. Really.
Speaker 2: I saw somewhere that the director gets the rights to this film back in twenty five years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't.
Speaker 2: It's kind Yeah, I think studios want to take this down or not exactly.
Speaker 3: It's not just a pure win.
Speaker 1: It's just like this this could be everyone's like also spinning it as like a cautionary tale, like don't give the black creator too much now, because it's interesting to compare it to it once upon a time in Hollywood. Because so. The New York Times also claimed Sinner's success has a big asterisks, again arguing that profitability is far away, and they also pointed out, Zach, what you were talking about that Ryan Kugler gets to own the movie after twenty five years. The New York Times said, despite not paying for any of it, he gets to own it. You know, he only wrote, directed and conceived of it.
Speaker 3: But mask off sentence even though he didn't, he's not paying for it. Oh I'm sorry, mister will then own it despite not paying for it. Wow, let me bow and prostrate to the studio for exploiting my creativity.
Speaker 1: Like, what are you fucking talking about? I think? But yeah, so just real quick to compare it to once upon a time in Hollywood they had this same deal structure. First of all, Tarantino like got ownership of that movie after a number of years, So this is not as unprecedent as people are making it seem. One made forty five million on three thousand, three hundred screens after the pandemic, and Tarantino made forty one million, so less on three thousand and six hundred screens, so way more screens, which means that they had higher expectations. And when that movie came out, everyone was like, it's a certified box office smash for Quentin Tarantino.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, no, no it wasn't. I mean, I think just the other stuff you see so many handing, so much hand ringing, and like these other headlines.
Speaker 1: Like it could be the end of the studio system.
Speaker 3: M And I mean I think a lot of the q aroun quote unquote profitability. I'm sure they have nothing to do with the fact that, again Ryan Coogler in negotiating this deal masterfully. He also secured a first dollar gross deal, meaning he makes money the second tickets are sold. He gets a taste of the box office the second tickets starts selling, as opposed to then like waiting for the studio to recoup costs, and then you get a taste of those profits.
Speaker 1: Like it's they're like, oh god, this this black man is getting too much. Now, this could be the end of the studio system.
Speaker 3: Like that is just I feel like, so obviously what all of this is about. But yeah, sure they could be the end of the studio system. And who knows if it could be profitable even though they're projecting it's going to do three hundred million when everything's said and done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they, I mean, Hollywood's famous for managing expectations and like lying about how much money a movie made so that they can change how much money they're actually sharing with the artists who again made the movie. But they didn't even pay for it. Yeah, so I mean, why why should they get it? We should we should be worshiping the people, the capital, the people who put the capital up. Not it's not these artists who didn't even pay for it. It also just reminds me of that Sony Leak. I bring this up so often, but it's just such a revealing email exchange where a producer was arguing that the studio shouldn't invest in Denzel Washington because black actors don't perform well overseas. And this was not in nineteen eighty seven. They were talking about a sequel to The Equalizer, you know, after decades of Denzel being one of like the most surefire movie stars. So The Equalizer came out in twenty fourteen, was a massive hit, and this person was like, I just don't see it. Guys. Look, Denzel's my favorite actor. Okay, he's my favorite actor, my favorite actor, but we don't want to invest in this because you know, audiences abroad just aren't going to go see his movies. By the way, the Equalizer too grossed one hundred and ninety million dollars on a sixty million dollar budget. But they just don't want to let black artists have success because that would mean that like the system that you know, gay makes it so that they have their jobs is wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, and it's it purely speaks to the exploitative nature of it too, Like we already don't properly compensate creators for things and to see something, especially like if a white creator, it's one thing, but if a black creator is doing it. Now we're talking about quote like the like an existential crisis over the studio system. Yeah, okay, okay, okay, well good luck with that. Good luck with that. I mean, even like in La and stuff, it's like, if you wanted to see Sinners like it was hard to catch, like certain screenings of it. It's because people are going, like, this is not some fucking flash in the pan thing. And it's also as of right now, it's like his highest rated film that he's put out. And yeah, reminder of the studios.
Speaker 1: Let people tell fucking original stories. They fucking people like new Ship not fucking snow White and all this other nonsense over and over again.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just wish that Minecraft and Centers had come out on the same day so we could have had.
Speaker 3: Miners.
Speaker 2: Miners, Yeah, that's Therbenheimer, so that everyone miners would be saving the studio system.
Speaker 1: Actually, that sounds kind of hot, scrafter.
Speaker 3: Crafter, that sounds like the problematic like opt themal optometry place.
Speaker 2: You go to.
Speaker 3: Oh, you went down to sincrafters, did you? I can tell from those transition lenses. Transition lenses, I don't I think so you went to sing draft.
Speaker 1: Not on my watch, Zach Zerraman. What a pleasure of having you on the daily Zeitgeist? Where can people find you?
Speaker 3: Follow you? See you all that good stuff on YouTube?
Speaker 2: If you search sexier and surprise me. You can watch my special. And I'm on Instagram and TikTok, I'm at zz double zz that's e z and then the word double and then zz.
Speaker 1: What are the people?
Speaker 3: What can they expect from the special?
Speaker 2: Give us a little oh an hour of gut busting, laughs, poilarity, some controversial statements.
Speaker 3: That's not true. It's pretty pretty easy.
Speaker 2: But I talk about I'd go on this little journey figure out the definition of love because my conservative family says they love me, but they go to the ballot box and vote against my rights. I talk about romantic love, self love and try to figure out like a good definition for it, and I come up to one at the end, but I don't want to spoil it's.
Speaker 1: A surprise, all right. Learned something about it was your father? Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying besides your own special.
Speaker 2: I am going through Black Mirror right now and just like lapping up that new season. But the thing I wanted to highlight James Acaster has a special called Heckler's Welcome, and I just I saw it live two years ago and I just screenshot a a clip and sent it to a friend where he talks about being told before a show that anxiety being anxious and excited or the same. It's just whether you have a positive outlook or not. And he's like, we all can agree that's a lie. For sixteen years, I've been backstage. I mean like I can't wait to get out there, like that's shaking. So that I think that moment just I felt very seen and so everyone should stream that special. That's good after years in that Concurrently, there's actually hidden if you play both message.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, Miles, where can people find you as there work media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, find me at Miles of Gray everywhere you find us on the basketball podcast podcast Miles and Jack Got Mad Boosti's also find me talking about ninety Day Fiance on four to twenty Day Fiance, a work of media I like over on blue Ski at ken White dotbsky dot Social posted, I know, three thousand dollars seems like a lot of cash, but you never know when you need to bribe a chauffeur to bury a pet that made you angry, or tip a cup for shooting a round person fucking bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you never know.
Speaker 3: You never know.
Speaker 1: Oh man, You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore. Oh Brian, I just realized that I was liking pope tweets even before he died. Somebody tweeted video Pope France has surprised everyone by driving among cheering crowds on VIA day, you know, coaching the on a on Easter Sunday. And it's a video of the Pope just driving by in an amazing pope all white Mercedes four by four, you know, one of those cars that look like they're hunting Jason Bourne, but it's all white. And then Noah Garfunkle tweeted, he didn't surprise me because I stay fucking ready. That was before the Pope die, and then after the Pope died, Mike Bovis tweeted, in retrospect, maybe we should have seen this coming, and he had a screencap JD. Van's full name and it was just killed Dup Hope Vance. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeikegeist On Instagram. You can go to the description of the episode wherever you're listening to this and you can find the footnotes where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm young, so I get all my musical suggestions from TikTok Uh. You probably saw this video of like this like shepherd in Spain, like like leading his flock down a road and it's like as far as the eye can see sheep. But there's a track playing in the song in the in this video that's fucking so good. It's by this group called Los Jungitos and they are like like a I guess they're described as a Spanish romani rumba flamenca group, but this track kind of has like sort of funky rumba disco e vibes. It came out like in the late seventies and the vocals like, if you like gypsy Kings will definitely like this this vibe. But this is a track called Como Yegua Brava by LUs.
Speaker 1: Jungitos, And it's tunny, it's a, it's a, it's a. It brings joy, It sparks joy. It sparks joy. So get it. There is a There are versions of it on streaming by other groups. The best version.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately I haven't found it on streaming, so I can find on YouTube. But there are versions of this track on streaming, but we will link off to the YouTube version of the foot Nope.
Speaker 1: You know who else was a shepherd with cheap as far as the eye could see.
Speaker 3: Miles Gray, Donald Trump, all right.
Speaker 1: The Daily es Ee Guy is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all then Bye,