Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's have a look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepgat with Lizzie Burden and were joined by Boomberg Report Clohomla. Good to speak to you all eyes on oil today as we get more details about the situation between Venezuela and the United States. How is the oil sector responding in Europe, especially BP.
Speaker 4: Well, it's really weak across the board this morning for those oil companies, so BP is in the red, but also any total energy etc. All in the red this morning.
Speaker 1: And as you.
Speaker 4: Said, this is all to do with this situation in Venezuela. So Trump has said that Venezuela would relinquish two point eight billion dollars worth of oil to the US. So that announcement has sent oil price is falling and therefore also the shares of majors. It's worth noting that the amount of oil that we're talking about is important politically, but it's actually fairly small economically. So this actually won't meaningfully alter the supply in the market, But of course, from the standpoint of what is Strum going to do with Venezuela and how much influence does he really want over the country, it is a big deal.
Speaker 1: And it's also a big blow.
Speaker 4: To China, given that there is a country that was previously the top buyer of Venezuela and oil.
Speaker 1: And in addition to.
Speaker 4: That, we also had ABC reporting that the White House is demanding that Venezuela reduce its economic ties to countries like China, Russia around in Cuba, and also that it partners exclusively with the US on oil production. So there's a lot of moving parts in this story. It continues to kind of move different sectors, but for now, oil companies seem.
Speaker 1: To be part of the losers.
Speaker 3: Now, Chloie, here are two words I like to hear together, airlines and upgrades.
Speaker 1: It seems Luftans has two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, Liftander's having a pretty good day to day. It was double upgraded at Morgan Stanley and analyst said that it was among the top five transport stocks to own in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: So you heard it hit first.
Speaker 4: The reason why the analysts are so optimistic on lift Hander is because of the turnaround program. So that's a program that it started in twenty twenty four and it's going to run through twenty twenty eight, and it includes a plan to reduce about four thousand jobs across the group and kind of cut costs more generally and also going towards a more premium offering, so.
Speaker 1: That upgrade that you were talking about, Lizzie.
Speaker 4: So it's a company that's dealt with a lot of disruption from labor groups as well, but there's also now new agreements. There's still union pressure full of Tanser that's not fully gone away. But what anlysts think is that there's definite kind of tailwinds for that company in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: And the turnaround plan is really paying off there.
Speaker 3: Declining today is a company that makes climate controls for data centers Montors.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Why so this is part of a broader story on all of those companies that sector that provides cooling technologies to data centers, and that is because the CEO of Nvidia said yesterday that it would be possible to cool the rex that are with the next generation chips from video using water at a temperature that actually does not require a water chiller. So cooling technologies have been a really important part of data center infrastructure because servers heat up massively. But now it seems that we have a high profile CEO really questioning how much need there will be for this equipment going forward, and therefore we are seeing some weakness there across that space. Interestingly, Schneider Electric, which also provides those technology the Chez did not suffer on this, perhaps because it provides a wider range of things as well. For Montters, this is really important because they're really specialized in those cooling technologies, so it will be interesting.
Speaker 1: To see if and out and how they on the back of.
Speaker 2: This the Stockmover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.