Speaker 1: The best bits of the week with Morgan. It's Listener Q and Daytime. We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 2: Happy weekend, everybody. It is still birthday week for mister Mike Distro. It's kind of like a birthday celebration this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess it is.
Speaker 2: Still It's belated, but it's still a celebration because I think everybody gets a week to celebrate their birthday, at.
Speaker 1: Least a week. I'm hard taking a day, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, but you deserve to feel special for an entire week, if not a month. I mean it's your birthday month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I've always just been weird about birthdays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think you should be celebrated. So that is why you're joining this best But I don't know if that's to you is a president, it's a present to me, So might need to figure that out. Anyways, we got Listener Q and a Time. Mike d is joining me. Did have a fun birthday this week. If you want to hear about that, We'll talk about some other stuff on part one, but for now, Carly from Oregon would like to know your must see movies this summer. So you are movie Mike dstro you have a movie podcast. People consider you an expert in theaters.
Speaker 1: My number one movie, not even just of the summer, but the entire year is Wolverine and Deadpool.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's coming out in July.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, at the end of July. And I've been waiting for this movie for so long because, first of all, Marvel is kind of scaling back on how many movies they do a year. This is it, this is all we get this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just one.
Speaker 1: They're getting kind of out of that world of building all these things. They're still going to do an Avengers movie probably in a couple of years. But for Marvel fans, like this is the event of the year, and a lot of people are saying that this is going to be the one they need to put them back on the map, which I don't really fell in my eyes that Marvel has falling off, but a lot of people feel like their quality is kind of diminished, and you make a few bad movies and then suddenly people jump ship. I haven't jump ship. I love Wolverine. He is a top three year superhero for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, because Spider Man's number one Who's.
Speaker 1: Spider Man's that number two? Batman is number two, not Marvel, but in just Superheroes, it's spider Man, Batman. Wolverine is in that third slot.
Speaker 2: Got it? Okay? Okay, So do you think it's going to live up to the expectations?
Speaker 1: I hope. So we just well, if my wife hadn't seen any of the Deadpool movies, so we just watched one and two, I forgot how good they are.
Speaker 2: Did she like them?
Speaker 1: She did like them, okay, because you kind of have to be into the R rated humor and she's just a big Ryan Reynolds fan that she ended up enjoying them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are a bit vulgar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I still think part one is better than Part two. But I feel like with the third one combining Wolverine and I kind of forgot like how much he made fun of him in one and two and how much this movie actually makes sense because for a while there I just kind of felt like it was a cash grab. They're bringing back Hugh Jackman to be Wolverine, They're throwing them in a Deadpool movie. But when you look at the movies, that actually makes sense that oh yeah, he would be in a Deadpool movie eventually, so I think it's good to live up to the hype.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they are friends in real life, so that also, I think builds a lot of chemistry between two people just in general friendships relationships. I feel like that, like real life friendship chemistry is gonna come to life on screen. That's what I'm hoping for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a big part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where they really mess with each other all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because for me, I get a little bit tired of Ryan reynolds humor because I feel like he is the same in every single movie. But I feel like it's Deadpool and that persona that's really amplified that and people know him for so if I'm gonna go to watch Ryan Reynolds, b Ryan Reynolds, I want to see him as Deadpool, nothing else. Like I wish you would do different types of characters in different movies. But he is at a level where I guess he's so a list and people kind of expect that that it's kind of his thing. Like I went to go watch his kids movie IF earlier this year, and I just felt like he didn't really give it as all there. So I feel like, what did you think of.
Speaker 2: Him in Free Guy? Still that same beginning, He's.
Speaker 1: Still just Ryan Reynolds, which if you can do it so well and people enjoy you for it, same thing with The Rock. I feel like they're kind of on that same type of celebrity and status where they can be the same thing in every single movie. They still make a lot of money because people love him when they do that. But for an actor like him, I wish he would branch out and do a little bit of different types of roles.
Speaker 2: You want to see him in a horror movie.
Speaker 1: I mean he has done in the past, like that Buried movie. Yeah, he has.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine Ryan Reynolds being serious, and that's to your point. I can't even imagine that.
Speaker 1: Because he was a A list celebrity before Deadpool. But I feel like that kind of cemented him as a movie star. He's been in a lot of movies that. I mean, he started in comedy. I remember a movie called Waiting he did back in like the early two thousands that it's so much different Ryan Reynolds and now he was in Van Wilder, So I feel like he had his root in comedy, did a bunch of different types of movie. I mean, he was all different types of superheroes too. He was Green Lantern.
Speaker 2: Reviews.
Speaker 1: But I guess I would kind of like to see what the other Ryan, Ryan Gosling, who I feel can't go back and forth a little bit more between. I want to see more death comedy and he has more depth and Gostling would be more in the in the category of like being nominated for Best Actor. I don't think Ryan Reynolds is there. But I mean, if you can make the money, who cares about awards?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's so true. Okay, Well, I don't want to make you go on more spiels about Ryan. That was fun though, because I do. I love him and Blake gladly has doing the movie podcast changed your love of watching movies, Rebecca in New Mexico.
Speaker 1: At times it does, because sometimes there are movies I don't want to see, but for the sake of having a movie to talk about on my podcast, I'll go watch it. So I feel like sometimes it feels like work. But with the movie, even like Wolverine in Deadpool, that will never never feel like work to me. I can go watch that, just enjoy it. With other movies I watch them, and then as I'm taking them in, I'm kind of thinking, how am I going to review this? What's going to be my take on this? Yeah, so I feel like some movies it's taken away a little bit of the enjoyment of me being there just for the sake that I have a movie podcast.
Speaker 2: When's the last movie you went just to watch it, not to review it, not to put it as part of a content piece that.
Speaker 1: I didn't review at all.
Speaker 2: You didn't even talk about it on the pod, like you went just for the own sake of yourself.
Speaker 1: I don't really think that happened. I think that happens at home. Okay, Okay, that's only mainly at home rewatching old movies or just watching movies from like the two thousands that and there's really nothing here that I'm going to get out of it, and maybe my wife wants to watch it, or I just want to watch something just to kind of cleanse my palate.
Speaker 2: Okay. So there's nothing really new though that you'll watch without utilizing.
Speaker 1: No, because if I'm going to the theater that is getting reviewed somewhere, either in a main review or every month, we do it like a recap of everything we've watched in the month. I'll throw it in there some way or another. If I go see something in theaters and take the time, it's it's gonna be used as content.
Speaker 2: This is not a listener question, but I have a follow up because you're just like talking about this and how much you go and see movies. Do you now because you get paid for your podcasts, do you now ride off your movie tickets for taxes? Because that is a work expense now for you.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I know it's a gray area.
Speaker 1: I think I looked into it at one point, and the way I do it, I don't think I can Bobby explained.
Speaker 2: It to me one time, Okay, because I feel like those those tax laws with entertainment influencer podcast stuff changes pretty much every year because it's so new, they're trying to figure out, you know, what's great what's not. So I do feel like that might have changed recently. I don't know how often you looked recently, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a couple of years ago. I looked into it, so maybe it's changed. The thing is, I don't really spend a whole lot on movies. I have that Regal Unlimited, where I paid twenty six a month and I can go as many times as I want, and I think I'm one of the only people who utilize it of going.
Speaker 2: No, that makes sense. So for you paid for it by just going to two movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two movies. I do that in a weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So twenty six dollars a month for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, different around different parts of the country. For Regal, I guess they I don't know, maybe bigger cities they charge people more, but we're here it's twenty six bucks. But I think it's around like that, twenty two to twenty six bucks on average. And yeah, two movies. You pay for it and you can go to it as many as you want. I've never encountered any issue that makes.
Speaker 2: So much since that. Okay that helps now now, Yeah, I'm glad to ask the question. Nobody asked that one, but I asked it because I mean, I go to.
Speaker 1: Five to six movies a month.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I was like, I was talent it all, Like you're getting to my mass sucks. Say tickets fifteen dollars, Say you go to five, You've got what seventy five bucks? A month roughly. I think that's right. Yeah, watching them No, in my head, I'm not sure, but that's a lot and over the course of time, and you're doing that every single month, and sometimes there's more. Sometimes you're watching stuff at home, which means also renting, yeah, gas, going all these places.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's just like an overe make sure you can get any text right off, not to have irs. I'm looking to you like a Lundbox situation. I was genuinely curious because I do think it could fall in that gray area that it is a work expense for you at.
Speaker 1: This point, just saying, yeah, maybe I look back into it.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's a way you can do it that you couldn't do it before, but maybe now there's a way. Like I said, there's ways because there is, like for influencer stuff, they have very specific tax things that you can do, but things you can't do. So I'm just saying, look into it, all right, Okay, are you glad you didn't get your face tattoos some years ago before your girlfriend will now wife Kelsey Jin in California.
Speaker 1: I would still get it. I want more tattoos after getting my last one. I'm already plotting out more. I feel like your skin is just your skin, Like I don't really like you get a tattoo and then people just see you and they associated with you and it just becomes a part of you. You get used to it. Like I was born in Mexican, my skin is brown. I can't change that. At least I can put tattoos on me to that's something I actually pick.
Speaker 2: I see what you're saying. Okay, it's like creative outlet for your body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you would now still get one on your face, and you're you wouldn't have had regrets even if you did it.
Speaker 1: If I really wanted to, I would. I think as I get more, I realized how permanent they are. Yeah, and I really committed to finding things that i'd be either to love for a very long time or look cool.
Speaker 2: Is there any that you have on right now that you regret? No?
Speaker 1: I mean I only have two as of now. But the next one I'm gonna get is gonna be a big one, because it's gonna be like the one that I can't cover up with like people, which is just gonna see because it'd be like on my forearm working on the sleeve mic sort of because it's like I'm focusing all on my right arm right now, and the next one is gonna be like in my forum, not the inner forum, but like on the front where no matter what situation I'm gonna be in having short sleeves, you're gonna see it. Yeah, So I feel like right now mine are kind of hidden for the most part. My other one peaks out when I wear short sleeves, but you don't really see me in associate tattoos with me yet.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: But the next one, I get, it's going to be very visible. And then, like you said, if I don't have sleeves on, it's like almost my whole arm now covered now, not only like the in between spaces. There's a lot of negative space still. But I think that next one will kind of be like, Oh, that one's actually for real because people are going to see that all the time.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like I have this theory that it's either creative or people in the military are the only ones that often have lake tattoos, Oh, other tattoos, but leg tattoos specifically.
Speaker 1: I well, let me think of people I see at the gym. That's where I've noticed the most tattoos. That's where I get my most inspiration.
Speaker 2: Because people are a little bit more exposed.
Speaker 1: In the Yeah you see legs, people are wearing shorts.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think there could be a theory to that, because I do see a lot of people in the military who have like military related tattoos and it happens to be on their cap it looks cool.
Speaker 2: Oftentimes it's on legs. And I'm telling you, there's no research back behind this, no study. This is just a hypothesis I've created.
Speaker 1: There's this one guy who has like the perfect amount of tattoos that I like in all the style that I like at the gym, and he does have a lot of leg tattoos really, and they're rare because it's usually that you run out of space somewhere else that you're getting leg tattoos. So that takes a different type of person, usually a creative person, maybe an artist or a tattoo artist themselves. I feel like it's going to commit to the leg tattoo. It's also a little bit more painful down there. Yeah, so there are people who can take pain. There's your military.
Speaker 2: See theory, ask this guy if you ever, if you ever decide to talk to him, just find out what he does.
Speaker 1: Oh, this guy is definitely some kind of artist.
Speaker 2: The guy.
Speaker 1: It could be a tattoo artist. He looks apart.
Speaker 2: Okay, well just in case, just looks like me. But we could find out he's a lawyer who knows and it's all covered up.
Speaker 1: During the day. That would be a good series. I'm want to go talk to people who have tattoos, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Find out what they do and good advice. But it's not all tattoos. It's just specifically legs.
Speaker 1: Because I do want to ask some people who get a tattoo here, just some advice because of like how the artwork is going to live, because that's what I'm starting to think of now. The places I've used I've had more meat to work with, But once you get into areas that it has to curve around your body a little bit. I would just like to know, like what works, Like what don't you want to get like spilling over interesting. I'm also thinking of like ten years down the line, as they bleed a little bit, like how close together can you get other things?
Speaker 2: That's so true? Well, you know, my sisters fiance has a full sleeve m hm, So he has experience of what's on there. But he's not an artist touto artist by a distress, So but he could at least help you in what he decided to.
Speaker 1: Get on them, because obviously I would ask an artist, but I would like to ask somebody who just has them and lives with them and doesn't have any kind of like bias on like they're not gonna they're not getting paid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll totally tell you.
Speaker 1: I just want to know the truth of like, hey, this kind of look weird after I like from where I had the concept art to where it was tattooed and now it's like fading weird or something. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll totally shoot you his Instagram. You can just be like, hey, yo, I have a I all think it's larious. He'll love it. Okay, we're gonna take a quick break. We'll be right back. I think Corey from Tennessee is a little far behind on her podcast, but she's catching up, so that's okay. She wants to know how excited were you for post Malone at Million Dollars Show? And what about him doing all that country music stuff now?
Speaker 1: Oh, that was amazing. That was like one of the only out of body experiences I had. Whenever I was standing backstage and he arrived like an hour and a half early, he was closing the show and they thought he may or may not show up at that point. Not only did he show up, but he was there like way before because he wanted to watch the show from backstage. And when he is, like entourage walked, I didn't like started to notice it, and then he walked right past me, and then it was just me looking down at me standing there, total out of body experience, and it was amazing.
Speaker 2: Did you feel like Doctor Strange in the first movie where exactly I think it's the first movie right where he's like levitated over.
Speaker 1: His own body. Yeah, or whenever he like punches Spider Man and he goes like out suit and just goes into Tom Hollands. But like I felt like that.
Speaker 2: That's what you're feeling. Dang, that's crazy. What about like him coming to Nashville. He's doing all this country music stuff. Are you gonna try and go to a bunch of it? Are you? Like, no, I'm og post Malone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just announced his tour, so I signed up for the pre sale. Hopefully i'll get those. He's doing the stadium here, which is interesting that he's not quite at just the stadium tour level, but a handful of dates are at stadiums. He's more in that amphitheater arena.
Speaker 2: Still. I feel like he could sell out stadium.
Speaker 1: I feel like he could, but I think he strategically hasn't jumped to that level of like here, I'm doing a straight stadium tour. I think he's done it a good way because he's built up. If you go like straight to stadiums and then you don't sell them out and it's like, oh crap, I got to go back to doing I feel like he's done a good job at building selling out arenas and then doing a handful of stadium shows on this tour. Is the first time I've seen him do that, because when I was looking at dates, I was like, Oh, he's not doing the arena here, He's doing the stadium. So I think that's going to be interesting because I haven't seen I mean, I've seen him literally a club that holds like five hundred people to a stadium, like I've seen him work his way up through every different type of venue through his career, so I'm excited to see how that translates into a giant like space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, based on watching him after that million dollars show, I could place bets that he likes the smaller venues because he's very interactive with his fans.
Speaker 1: And he's also for the majority of his shows he does like just him. And I think on this tour he's doing like a full backing band.
Speaker 2: Oh, that'll be like Post Malone produced. That's gonna be wild, because you know, you do see him stripped down a lot, like you do see him running around the stage for some hype songs, but more often than not, at least the videos on social media of him are pretty stripped down, like he's in a guitarist chilling, hanging out, maybe solo standing on stage. It's pretty like there's not a whole production. And stadium shows are tough. You do kind of want a whole production for them, because you got it's like one spectrum. You got like a George Strait situation right where he kind of stands there the whole time, or you have Taylor Swift who like takes the entire arena where's he gonna fall on that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I mean when I saw him at the arena here, he did have like a big cat walk with flames and that kind of production. But I don't know how much he's gonna am, Like what that's going to translate to in the stadium, Like you gotta still have the flames or it's just gonna be like yeah, like you said, more straight ahead, like a George Straight show, or it's just like because it's also he's not doing his normal show. He's doing all country songs from his album and covers, so it's like he's at the biggest stage that he's been at, but in a more stripped down sound. So how does that translator? Like, what what's he going to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll be so awesome. I think I saw your posts too that he's doing the Ryeman also, so he'll have a Ryman show and a show at Nissan.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's doing like a like a secret show that you can't even buy tickets for.
Speaker 2: How do you get them?
Speaker 1: You have to like sign up on Bloodlights, Instagram and Facebook. I do it. Yeah, okay, right, So that's that's in like a couple of weeks. So I won't. That's how I got into that first show that he did at a club. It's kind of like you just kind of get lucky.
Speaker 2: Does he like love bud Light? I feel like he's been doing something bout.
Speaker 1: Oh that's like this thing. Yeah, okay, like whenever he first started, he just came out that he loves budd Light, drinks it all the time, and he does I have his bud Light.
Speaker 2: Can Yeah, so he's still still can you know?
Speaker 1: It was one of those things, is like an artist just loving something and turned into a brand and now like just part of his identity seeming with like him and canes and you Maine Rocks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might need to start a little post malone podcast. I feel like you can talk about this forever. Danny would love to hear more about your weight loss from start to finish, like number of pounds and your diet.
Speaker 1: I transition started. I think it was almost ten years ago now, probably like twenty four twenty. At the end of twenty thirteen to twenty fourteen is when I lost one hundred pounds, or it could be fourteen to fifty. I think it was fourteen to fifteen, So almost ten years since I started in almost ten years that I've kept it off, and it's been difficult for me to. It was always hard for me to like start the process of it because I'd been overweight like basically my entire life. I tried to lose weight before, and it really wasn't until I told myself that, like, I just need to do this for me and I needed to hold myself accountable. I think I just tried before to maybe nothing felt permanent. So all I really did was just like, Okay, the reason it hasn't worked before is because I tried to do it all at once. I tried to like change how I ate. I tried to start going to the gym, and then I just ended up being miserable and I would only last for like a month because it's just like, oh, I'm taking away all the things that I love to do and now doing these things that make me feel terrible and tired all the time. I quit in like a month. So it was me thinking that, Okay, if I just make small steps and add on to that, I can actually do something that's a little bit more sustainable. So it started with me like stopping drinking soda, drinking more water. I didn't start going to the gym at the very beginning. I just started walking. Walking led to walking for ten minutes, walking for fifteen minutes. Eventually I built up that I could run. So it was really just me making small changes in my life gradually leading up to that goal and always having a goal of like trying to lose ten pounds, trying to lose twenty pounds. So I always had a goal in mind and just made little small changes to get there.
Speaker 2: How do you stop my Like, for me personally day to day, my hardest thing is not falling into the cravings. Like nutrition I feel like is super hard. The exercising is it's hard to start, but once you can get it implemented, you can kind of keep up with it. There's a motivation behind that. The nutrition side is tough and you are very dedicated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say that's the hardest part because that's you can't really outwork a bad diet, is what I learned. Like, you can go to the gym seven days a week, stay in there for an hour, but if you go home and wreck it, then it's it's almost for nothing. Yeah, So I feel like it is tough. Especially it was tough for me because I was just like I would say, addicted to eating badly, Like it was just something that I did the cope with stress, did to cope with anxiety, I did to cope with depression that I would just eat. So it was hard to kind of break that cycle of here's this thing that I used to cope with these other things going along with me that now I can't do that anymore. So I think it was, to be honest, I don't really know how I did it. I think I was just so ready for cha. I was so ready for a change that it's once you hit that rock bottom moment that you realize that, Okay, I'm not just doing this to screw around anymore. I'm doing this for real. So you kind of have to have that rock bottom moment of what that is for you. For me, it was seeing a picture of myself and not recognizing myself and being like, I don't want to be that person anymore. And I aspire to having a post where I posted before and after because I saw other people doing that and I was like, I want that. I don't want to look at pictures and see me not recognizing myself and not wanting to even post pictures. There's a period of my life where I'm not documented for because I didn't want to take pictures. Probably from like twenty twelve to twenty fourteen, there's no pictures of me because I was like, oh, I'll just take the picture. I don't want to be in it. So it's having something that in your life that makes you realize you want to make a change, and once you have that, you realize that you're doing it for you and it's a lot easier to commit to. It's the same thing with anything, like people who suffer with addiction, like you have to have that will inside of you. Like people can help you, people can send you to rehab, but if you don't have the will inside you to want to change and want to do it, it's really not going to matter. I kind of have that same thing of wanting to lose weight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's totally true, And this kind of goes along with that. Oscar in New Jersey wanted to know your biggest hurdle in keeping a healthy lifestyle, which you may have just kind of answered all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard, Like I still struggle with it now, even though like I've kept the weight off for the majority of the time, Like I don't look at the scale anymore, m hm, because I feel like I got to a point where I got obsessed with how much I was losing and probably got like a little bit too underweight at one point where it wasn't healthy for me. And it's hard out there seeing people talk about diet, talk about exercise. So I don't even like talking about the part of like here's what you should eat, because I don't think I don't have that, Like I know what worked for me, but it's not going to work for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because everybody is genuinely in the aspect, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: So I've never been like, oh, you got to eat this, and people ask me that, Like I really don't want to tell you because not that I'm keeping the secret. That's some there's some hidden formula. I don't want you to know. It's just what I did might not work for you. I would say a general rule for me was like going to the grocery store and eating like foods from around the perimeter of the grocery store, like real food, I think is a big part of it. Yeah, whatever you like, fruits and vegetables that aren't super process. I think that's kind of like the core of it of eating just foods that nourish your body and fuel your body, whatever that looks like for you. But it is hard for me now to like think of like things I want to do and enjoy life. And also I have a fear of like going back to what I was before. Yeah, So it's kind of a slippery slope of like I just want to enjoy things now, but I also still have that fear of like I don't want to go back to where I was. So it's not something at any point you figure out completely. It's something that in my mind now, I know that I can maybe have like a couple of weeks where I don't feel the best and maybe I don't eat the best, But I got to look at the big picture of like just living life, like I'll get back there because I've done it before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think something that you know, I don't have near all the answers on this topic, and I'm nowhere near an expert, but I think, or at least I can imagine for you that you have hit that goal and knowing that you can is always there now, so you're never Also you felt how good that felt, So you're never going to go back so far from that because you feel so good right now. You know, once you've reached that point, you're like, how did I ever do this before? It's kind of I feel like where you're at in your life, Yeah, that there's no possible way you're ever going to go back so far off of that just by enjoying your life, you know what I mean. Like you've adopted a healthy lifestyle, You've made changes, so much of the health and wellness is having it a part of your everyday life. I feel like you did that. You did that in a really good way. But just like you mentioned, there was unhealthy ways along the path, but now that's not the case, and now you're like, okay, balance, here's my balance point. So I feel like you're in a really awesome spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. From my perspective, I think so like I think I think of I get like glimpses of the life I used to live. Even whenever Eddie was eating those shrimp, Dude, I probably like back in the day, probably could have done that and not even thought about it. Yeah, And I feel like how far I've come from like those days that in my head, I feel like I could fall back and become that person again. But when I look at all the changes I've made and have stuck to and knowing that I've done it before that I could do it again, it's almost like my brain is like, no, you can. You're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so awesome. Okay, well, last question. We're going to wrap it up. Any updates on you working for Rotten Tomatoes from Andy?
Speaker 1: No, I don't even think that they put out the application process again for this year, okay, because they usually send it out every year. And the last email I got with them saying that I still didn't qualify, and I was like I had been working on like another package to send them, just because like on the show, I started doing the movie report where I was like, I will now have a database of everything I've done. Here's another history of me reviewing things for another year, because that was always the thing that they held against me, that I hadn't been doing it long enough. I'm like, I started my podcast in twenty nineteen, Like, how how long do you know? How long do I need to.
Speaker 2: Maybe seventy years old before we can do this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So yeah, I would still love to you, just because I would love to contribute to run Tomato scores.
Speaker 2: Make them a little bit more fan friendly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not some critic based exactly, because if you look at movies for the most part, if you pay attention to the audience score, it's a little bit more right on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I always trust the audience score. I don't really look at the critics score, honestly, because.
Speaker 1: There's different there's almost different things that can happen. You can have a high critics score and a low audience score, which to me says it's like an indie movie that appeals more to like the Oscar crowd, Like this is going to be very high brow and if you don't get it, you're an idiot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hate that. There are some movies that have a high audience score and a low critics score, which is probably like your your superhero movies that people love. I love they have a you know, a big fan base, but technically probably great movies and a real legit critic is going to pick them apart because that's what a critic does. Yeah, and then there are some that are just all over the board, and you kind of got to decide for yourself.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe what you do, Mike is you start making audience radiance, because you can do that right on Rot Tomatoes. Yeah, you go and you just make them so good and you make people go and like like your comments that they have no choice but to page.
Speaker 1: I could do that too.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's a route you can start going and then they just start trusting you over the critics. You're like, Okay, I'll win listen.
Speaker 1: It is kind of my biggest compliment that people say, like, I'll go see how you're ready to movie and base it off of that. That's why I take my reviews and my score is very serious. And the way I still use that five point basis to me how I break it down, like a five is a movie that changes me, a movie that I'm going to keep watching for a very long time. I want to revisit and I feel like is as perfect as it can be, and that for the most part, anybody who watches this, unless they just want to hate it, we'll find some joinming out of it. That is a five for me at the most, maybe two fives a year. A four point five can still be a great movie. But there's something that I feel doesn't put into that category of but it's going to be a classic. Okay, so a four is can be great. Anything kind of below in that three to four range, it's still a good movie, but it's it's still passing. So like A three is still good. I still think it three is good. I think it three is slid.
Speaker 2: You think I would be life changing at this point, you're watching so many they don't have to be life changing if they're going to be that high of a score.
Speaker 1: And then anything below a three is like probably not worth your time. I think in the two is still a streamable movie. Anything below a two in the one is don't watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the Unfrosted movie, don't watch that. Well, if you do start doing the audience reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, make sure you tie your podcasts like you really shove it. Shove it at them all right, Mike, thanks for joining me. Tell the people where they can find to hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: You can listen to my podcast, movie Mike's Movie Podcast, New episode. It's every single Monday, spoiler free movie reviews, movie history topics, and then I also break down trailers and movies coming out soon streaming in theaters and you can follow me at mike Distro on literally everything everything.
Speaker 2: All the things, and you can also follow the show at Bobby Bone Show. I'm at web Girl Morgan on all of the Things, and I was gonna say something else and I forgot it. Oh, for the to line is next week, be safe traveling whatever you're doing, and be sure to check out Part Week Part one this weekend. Mikey is also with me and we're catching up on life exciting stuff over there.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: All right, bye, everybody.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend.
Speaker 2: Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 1: Show and follow at web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.