Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, What is your name?
Speaker 2: It's Rolando?
Speaker 1: Rolando. What's going on? Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, I sent you the text? You know you want to hear how I got to the US.
Speaker 1: What I tell me as if you set me nothing? Bet So.
Speaker 2: You know I've been in the US for about I don't know. Now it's been eleven years, and I didn't really get here, uh you know the plain way per se. I'm from uh, Central America, and you know I kind of walked here when I was fifteen?
Speaker 1: You walked here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: From where? From where?
Speaker 2: Central America? I don't want to say the country, but the Central America.
Speaker 1: Why don't you want to say the country?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I guess I'm I don't want to put a specific country to it. Well, I guess everybody from Central America does it.
Speaker 1: I'm Salvadorian, Salvadorant. How far away is El Salvador from the US? And what's the walking? How long it take you to walk there?
Speaker 2: I guess I shouldn't say walk. I mean I did take some you know, car transportation here and there, but it was with like a do you know what a coyote is? U?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Ship? Yeah? Yeah, like a coyote? Yeah, yeah, like, uh, those are people who are who like they they bring bring people over the border.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for a payment. So it's actually it costs my mom, I believe Eve about ten dollars for the trip.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, and she sent just you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's just me wow. I basically it started at like five am, no, like three am in Al Salvador. I was you know where they put the luggage in the buses at the bottom. There was like four kits at the bottom to cross from Al Salvador to Guatemala.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And then once you're on the other side, then somebody from that side picks you up and then essentially drives you up to the Mexico border, because you know, Mexico still doesn't like immigrants coming from the bottom either, which is interesting to hear. Right, But once you do cross over to Mexico, then they like pay a cartel a fee to get over or whatever, and they allow you to get over. And once you cross over, then they get you onto like a mini bus essentially, and then you drive through all of Mexico until you get to the border and at the border right before the river. I don't know if this is too much information at once.
Speaker 1: No go ahead, I am following.
Speaker 2: Okay, So once you get to the border, they have like a house right before the river crossing onto the US. Right now. The crazy thing is that, you know, at the time I was fifteen, I thought I was only going to see people from you know, Latin America. There was so many different people from so many different countries. I'm talking India, China, you know, all the way down from like Brazil and people that you know, you wouldn't expect to be there. It was like super strange. And there was this Indian guy that had like some like crazy gold chains, like he looked like he was loaded with money, you know. So basically we're at this point, we're right before the river right now, we get a guide the nose to Path on how to make it to the US, and I mean, I don't really care because you know, it's a long time agoing out. But and I'm also not illegal anymore, by the way, got through the whole system and was able to get a green card. But once you get the guide. I remember we crossed the river at night and we had to wait at the other side of the river and we heard it like a loud splash next to us and on that, you know, we didn't know what it was and I looked over and it was like an alligator. Obviously we're freaking out, but we still have to wait for the guide at the other side of the river for to reach us. So he finally makes it to us, and I believe we walked for two nights. We would only walk during the night because during the day, you know, immigration could see you or whatever. And once you make it to the other side, then a pickup truck just picks you up, and you got to run to it because if you don't, you might be left behind. Even though you've paid ten thousand dollars to be there and to get help, they don't care. And then once you're in Texas at this point, right once you're in Texas, they asked for like an addition of two thousand dollars for you to be free or the kurttail basically sends you back.
Speaker 1: How did you get the two thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: So it was kind of like an additional like fee that they wanted. And I remember at the time my mom had like, you know, obviously she's already paid ten k, so how is she gonna get you know, more money, and she told me that she ended up borrowing money from everybody that she could and she got the money together. Wow, was able to pay it.
Speaker 1: So so and do they do they take did they take her ten k? And then say they were going to do everything? And then once they got you there be like, hey, we need another two k or else we'll send you back type shit.
Speaker 2: Pretty much? Yeah, pretty much because at that point, you're they have you in Texas and there's like plenty of articles that you can see everywhere, but like there's a lot of like cartel activity like near the border in Texas, right, So they'll they'll rent like a whole house and they'll have a lot of immigrants come to that one house as a hub, and then they send them across the US.
Speaker 1: Those cartel guys are real jerks, dude.
Speaker 2: They're like it's a crazy like how they It's like it's kind of wild how organized they are.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So, I'm curious about a few things. What was it that inspired your mom in the first place to send you from El Salvador to America? What was the thought process? What was waiting for you in America?
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you ever heard of what's it called the MS thirteen.
Speaker 1: MS thirteen, Yeah, no, sir, what is that?
Speaker 2: So at some point MS thirteen was like the most dangerous or one of the most dangerous gangs in the world, and it started in the US during a civil war in Central America. I think I believe it was around like towards the end of the eighties seventies, if I'm not too wrong there, But there was a civil war Central America, which a lot of Americans don't know about, and it was an Alsavador. A lot of people migrated to the US during that civil war. They saw the gangs in around California, and a lot of those you know, Hispanic people there ended up making their own gangs and then they got deported back to Osavador. Now because of those gangs, I had to leave the country. They typically want you to join the gang around like fifteen sixteen, seventeen years old, and at that time, it was like crazy dangerous, Like you couldn't go out side with like anything branded, like wearing anything branded, so like if you had Nike shoes, forget about it, they were gonna steal them. Now the country has become a completely different place, like it's I would argue it's safer than the US, which is crazy to think, but it's completely different. I'm even thinking about moving back.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Okay, hold on to those thoughts because I have I have more questions. So basically, there's a it's like a draft almost. It's like you either join the gang or you'll be terrorized by it. Those are two or killed. Yeah, it was usually killed. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I had a couple of friends that you know, I grew up with and they're no longer around, you know, So it's it's wild that I had the opportunity to, you know, to be able to leave.
Speaker 1: What happens to your mom?
Speaker 2: She's still in the US with me?
Speaker 1: Oh when did she? When did she come?
Speaker 2: So that's the thing. So I kind of missed that, I guess. But she came to the US first, and the idea was for her to be in the US for two years and buy a house in a Salvador and move back.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That didn't happen. She ended up staying in the US, and then she got me to come over to the US instead to you know, have a better life. And yeah, so.
Speaker 1: There were two quick Oh yes, why do you think? Why do you want to come back to El Salvador, and why do you think it's better than the US.
Speaker 2: Now, I wouldn't say it's like like better than the US, but I don't know. I feel like this whole political stuff that's been going on, I'm a little tire of it. And it's just, you know, I have had so many racist things said to me, and it's just, you know, I'm not trying. I usually try not to let it get to me, but it's it gets exhausting after a.
Speaker 1: While, you know, go ahead, Yeah, No.
Speaker 2: And owning a you know, I really want to buy a house. Yeah, And I just even if you pay off the whole thing, you still got to pay taxes on a yearly. Where if I was in Al Salvador and I own twenty acres, I don't want to pay taxes for nothing?
Speaker 1: Is that really true? You don't have to pay property tax and El Salvador as far as I.
Speaker 2: Know, No.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My mom actually just finished building a house in Al Salvador and she just paid taxes on the land that she bought and that's about it.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's that's interesting. I didn't know that UH countries exist, right't have to pay property taxes on your land because it's weird in the US at least, it's like you never actually there's never, like you pay off your fucking your ship and then you never have to pay anything ever again. It's like you pay off your shit and then you got to pay all these extra fees forever until you die.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. Is that like even like let's say you own the house and then you know you're going through some bad times and you can't pay the taxes, the you know they're going to take it away. Yeah, yeah, you know so. But yeah, I've been in the US for like ten years now. It's you know, hopefully my accent is not too too thick, but now I have had my ups and downs in the US, you know. But it's it's definitely a uh, not a place to retire at, that's for sure. I don't know if you've seen a lot of people are retiring in Mexico from the US.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, my whole my YouTube feed is all this like retire for forty dollars a month in you know this Southeast Asian or Latin American or Central American country. That's all all the videos. I mean, No, America is a terrible place to retire. There's it's such a expensive place to live. Like if you compare I mean, if you take American dollars anywhere outside the US, you're balling. And then I assume, like, yeah, if you were making your money and like in Mexico, like in pesos, and you fucking came up to the US, like you just get fucked.
Speaker 2: That, And like even even down to like the fruit, the produce, everything is healthier. I recently went back to visit some family in Alsavador, and I was kind of mind boggled at how cheap everything was. Like I think like six of us eight we went out to eat, and I think I only spend like forty dollars.
Speaker 1: Crazy, yeah, crazy, yeah, I mean six people going out to eat in America, there's about three hundred and forty dollars.
Speaker 2: You know, So especially I live in the New Anglan area, and my god, everything is so expensive over here.
Speaker 1: Are you in Boston?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: Cool, near nearer there. But by the way, I wanted to ask you something I've always you know, I've listened to your I mainly listened to you on the podcast, by the way, cool, I don't really clock in on on on twitch, but I tried to do as much as I can. I thought I thought it would be cool. And I don't know if you think this would be you know, interesting or not, but I thought it would be cool to have a Spanish vers of the Gek okay, but it wouldn't be like, you know, it's like a take on the gek, but it would be like a parrot, but it's in Spanish.
Speaker 1: Are you are you saying you want to do? Are you saying you want to dress up as a parrot and take phone calls in Spanish?
Speaker 2: I would love to, Yeah, but I didn't know if it would be like cloiche or like, you know, rude to do something like that.
Speaker 1: I don't give a fuck. I don't own the concept of taking phone calls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people have.
Speaker 1: Been People have been doing this for for forever. People have been doing this since you know, in radio days. Yeah, it's so fun. I'll get dude, it's so fun. I get d ms like this of people being like, am I can I do a call in show? Or is that encroaching our territory? And I'm like, dude, I fucking people have been doing people have been doing Man on the Street interviews and phone calls forever. I don't I don't own this ship. Go ahead, but like still on or something like that. See, I don't even Yeah, there's a billion stuff like this, but but I want to ask you this. So tell me there's gotta be some reason people are still sticking around in the US. Tell me in the past eleven years. Has there been pros Has there been stuff where you're like, all right, this stuff is at least better than it was back home. Is there anything you can think about.
Speaker 2: Honestly, just being able to like express yourself, you know, because like if I was back in Olsavador, like religion is such a huge part of the culture that like me saying something like, oh, you know, I don't really believe in God, it's like like almost like frowned upon, you know, like being able to just really be yourself, like you know, from time to time, I pay my nails, you know, and or if I wanted my hair to be paid. There's plenty of people doing that in the US, you know, where in other countries it's just not you know, you're gonna get some weird looks and you're not gonna be comfortable.
Speaker 1: M m.
Speaker 2: You know that's pretty cool. I think that like being able to open a business and kind of like get it going fairly quickly is pretty cool too. I don't have one on my own, but it seems like everybody's opening on LLC lately.
Speaker 1: Is that something you thought about doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have. I have a photography business, and I do YouTube here and there, but it's I love cameras and like anything media related. Like when I got my green card, the judge asked me. He was like, hey, you know, once you graduate high school, what do you want to do? And I said, I want to be a movie director, not realizing how long that can take, but you know something I can still do.
Speaker 1: You said, what do you make YouTube videos about?
Speaker 2: Mainly cameras? And I got an e bike recently. It's mainly I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Dude, okay, So I actually I'm in New York now and I think I'm gonna get a fucking e bike. Dude. I'm like, I'm like going to the e bike stores. I'm shopping around for it. I'm trying to get one of those. Yeah, I mean, yeah, I'm trying to get an e bike. Do you do you suggest it?
Speaker 2: I so suggest that the only anxiety about it that I have right now is that apparently they're like super easy to steal or like people love stealing them, right, So that's the only issue. But it's funny. I actually got the e bike because I have a friend that lives in New York and I want to take it right around in New York because it seems like it'd be a lot of fun to do that there.
Speaker 1: The old problem is when you when you're riding an e bike, there is a chance that you will get hit by a car and die m h yeah, or w for the rest of your life and people will make fun of you.
Speaker 2: I just watched well, I mean, I guess you could say that about anything though. I mean, you can walk outside of the house and trip and hit your head, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 2: The e bike I got, it's like a thousand dollars. It's like a cheap o like electric e bike that looks like that one of those like cafe erasers.
Speaker 1: That's cool. I was looking at something like I was looking at something like that around that price range.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got amos on it. I'm like pay a month be for it. So it's not even like anything crazy extensive because they can go up to like five K.
Speaker 1: So what do you do with your life in the US right now?
Speaker 2: I'm actually going to school. So I'm going to school to have like a a solid job. I'm getting Uh it's essentially cybersecurity. That is an umbrella degree. So it's just in the tech stuff that's to have a solid income. I'm really passionate about, like the photography stuff, but it's so difficult to get business with that. That's just not that reliable. It's like I'm trying to be a rock star. You know, it can happen, it's just I shouldn't rely on it too much, you know.
Speaker 1: So if you if you did go back to El Salvador, when do you think you would do it? Would you wait until you finish school?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Pretty much? So you know what I want to do. I want to get a degree in the US to you know, try to do something within the US that's tech related and potentially like be remote. Like it'd be so cool to have a job that pays you US money and live in a country like Ol Salvador where stuff is a little bit cheaper.
Speaker 1: You know, or like yeah, I mean that's the that's that's the life hack right there. And also, you know, I was just thinking that I literally just had the star just now. I'm like, you know, it's really I think the thing that holds me back from moving to a foreign country is that I just I don't know anyone in El Salvador or or Southeast Asia or anything like that. But for you to take your US dollars and your US job and go back to a foreign country where you have I mean not a foreign country, but to go back to home, to go home, have your friends and your family. Yeah, and you're and I mean you'll just be balling the fuck out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, correctly, you know. And like a house, you can definitely get a house of like fifty thousand dollars and they'll be.
Speaker 1: Like a nice house. That's crazy, you know.
Speaker 2: Stuff is it is here and they're cheap and what not. By the way, if you want to travel around there also there was like the perfect place to go right now. And apparently I didn't know this, but belief like their main language is English really yeah, and then the secondary language is a Spanish I guess. I guess they also have a lot of like I think it was Mormon people. There's like a huge community of Mormons, and I believe it was Mormons. But yeah, I thought that was kind of wild too, that most people don't know that.
Speaker 1: What's your name again, Orlando? Rolando, Orlando. It's been really good talking to you. This is this has been super interesting.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 2: Thanks man.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the Actually, no, I want to do that. I want to do this real quick before I before I let you go, does the chat have any questions for Orlando about any of this stuff. I'm gonna let the chat ask a few questions. Someone said, someone in the chest said, if you die on an e bike, you deserve it. And you know what, I don't. I don't know the thing that you said about, like you can you can die just walking outside. Your likelihood to die riding an e bike in New York City is way higher than just walking around. Yeah, but like undeniably. So, uh okay, what's what's the top speed on your e bike?
Speaker 2: I think it's thirty miles per hour? It can do forty, but I'm a fat ass, so like it only tops up at thirty, so it's not so crazy fast.
Speaker 1: Someone said, uh uh, well, what do you do now for work? You said you're in school, but do you do work too?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I do sales. I work at a wireless company selling cell phones.
Speaker 1: Totally thought you were gonna say you do e bike sales.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I tell cell phones. And it's been really boring because all of these new iPhones that are coming out are the same thing every year.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Someone asked, will you bring your mom to America? Your mom's your mom's already in America with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was the first one here and then she brought me over here.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Someone said, you can't look cool on an e bike. I disagree. I think I've seen some e bikes and I'm like, these would be really cool.
Speaker 2: Honestly, that was like my biggest concern because.
Speaker 1: That sounds like sounds like a lot of people in Chad are jealous that they don't have e bikes, is what I'm getting there.
Speaker 2: There's so much fun and they're like honestly, most people think they're like more expensive than they actually are. Every one for a thousand dollars on Amazon, and if you want to, you can pay monthly for it. If you want to pay monthly for it, I think it's like thirty dollars a month.
Speaker 1: Wow, I just have to pay this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I just have to pay the shipping, which is like I think it was like two hundred or something like that.
Speaker 1: Final question, someone says, Oh, do you have any other family members down there who are planning to come to the US.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny. I've asked multiple people, Like my dad lives on there, like you know, most of my family, like my grandparents. They they you know, now that the country's doing better, they don't want to leave. They're pretty happy over there.
Speaker 1: How long did it take for the country to do better and not be overtaken by gangs?
Speaker 2: There's a look into this president because he's been doing a lot of cool stuff. But his name is Naibu Kelle, so it's just a Salvadorian president. He's a younger guy. I think he's I forget how old. He's within forty to thirty age range. And he changed the country completely. He basically if you had Gang Tatoo's, if you wereang affiliated, you were going to jail. So everybody that's affiliated to that gang is currently in jail. And a brought down the crime rate like too crazy.
Speaker 1: Low, Wow, that sounds like, uh, what a crazy like thing to tackle, Like, how had he crack down on it? It must be like insane amounts of corruption to the deal with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he basically went into he went into the government. He did an investigation on everybody that worked under his you know name, and essentially fired anybody and through anybody that wasn't doing their job correctly obviously if they were breaking the lot and you know, to jail. Yeah, exactly. So there's plenty of videos on YouTube about it. But it's pretty cool and it's not. The crazy thing is like not that many people know about it, and it's like two countries away on this side of the planet.
Speaker 1: Get fucked. All right, i gotta check out El Salvador. I'm gonna put it on my I want to travel, I want to go most places before I die. I think that's what you should do, is you should see stuff. So all right, I'll put it. I'll put El Salvador on my list. Yeah you like him, beautiful. Have a good night, Rolando, Thanks for colling.
Speaker 2: Take care nice.
Speaker 1: That's a good call. Attention listeners of the Therapy Gecko podcast, do you know that I do a live version of this podcast on stage in person in front of real people, and that I'm doing this live show in several cities across the United States this year, and that tickets are available right now at therapy geckotour dot com or at the link in the episode description. It is all true. I'm currently on my third tour doing Therapy Gecko Live all around the country and it is the most fun, sick, amazing thing ever and you should come out and be part of it. The shows involve a mix of material and presentations for myself combined with a group Gecko therapy session where members of the audience come on stage to share things from their lives in front of a big group of people, just like we do here on the podcast. Whether you're a fan of the podcast or you have no idea what this is and you clicked on it by accident, you're gonna have a great time at the live show once again. Tickets are available right now at therapy geckotour dot com or at the link in the episode description. These are really fun shows. They're always wild, they're always unpredictable, and I hope to see you guys there. Hello, Hi, what is your name?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: I'm Bean, Bean, what's up bean, I'm a gecko.
Speaker 3: Hi, nice to talk to you.
Speaker 1: How's life? Life is a little.
Speaker 3: Crazy, But I don't know. I guess I'm a good in a bad way.
Speaker 1: Life is a little crazy. It might actually be the craziest thing there ever was.
Speaker 3: I guess we wouldn't have anything else to compare it to otherwise, but it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you want to talk about today?
Speaker 3: So? As I said in my text, I am an online content creator, an online adult content creator, and I'm kind of living a double life. Like my parents don't know about it, Like I don't know, like I'm twenty nine. Was not necessarily like they have to know about it, but I am very close to them, and like I tell them, I so work at Walmart and I don't. And it's just like keeping track of all these lives isn't fun. And I'm like putting my faith out there and getting more popular. So I'm like, it's going to happen eventually, and I don't know how to address it.
Speaker 1: You're getting more popular? What's you your main platform?
Speaker 3: I post a lot on like Reddit and set life, and I'm starting to get more popular on Twitter or I guess X now mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And let me ask let me ask you this. Are you having fun?
Speaker 3: Yes, for the most part, I am having fun, But I don't know, like because I'm starting, like I'm actually doing this like full time now, like how I support myself. It's starting to feel like a job, like I guess, like at the end of the day, like and you think like you gets tired of it. Oh yeah, sometimes like I get so burnt out, like pretending that like I am more attracted to these guys than I really am, just like for the sake of making content.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, everything just becomes a job. I mean, you know, I'm a I'm a this is my job as being a gecko and talking to people. And it's definitely, you know, while still fun, while still while a great, amazing job, still a job. You know. Yeah, it's so okay. So well, I guess fun maybe funds not the word fund's part of it. Are you are you sure? Are you enjoying it's Are you happy with it being what you are doing with your life?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: And no again, I like before this, all I was doing was like working in retail and I was going to be a chef, like I went to culinary school, and I being a chef is just not for me. It's way too stressful. So like all things considered, like this is way better than anything else I've ever done. I'm having fun. But I also like worry because you know, like there's such a stigma around like doing stuff like this and being a sex I mean, I guess I'm not necessarily sex worker, but I am. At the same time, I like worry because, like I put my face out there, so like if I choose one day to not do this, like, am I like fucking myself up in the future?
Speaker 1: You know, well, what in what way do you feel as though you're sucking yourself up in the future?
Speaker 3: Like if I don't know, I guess like I've always had the fear or the idea instilled me. Like everything on the internet last forever, and it's incredibly true. Like yeah, even if I delete everything, like people save stuff and like they can continue to post it so it doesn't disappear, right, So if like a future employer sees that and they're like, oh, that's not okay, and so another like I've made some content like at work, and like that's also like a reason like why God, It's like so popular. I didn't know what.
Speaker 1: Can I can I ask where you work? Were you, uh were sticking your penis sense of donut holes at the Chrispy Kreme?
Speaker 5: Yeah you caught me?
Speaker 3: No, I was. I was like taking my tips out of like the retail store I worked at, and nice. I got worried that I would eventually like get caught and people like start to recognize me in like anyways. Like I wasn't like overtly like saying like oh hey, this is where I work, but like people would recognize me like oh hey, I like your stuff, and like it made me worry. So I just quit And now this is what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, future employers, what yees? All right? I mean you're you're twenty nine, right, yeah, uh, you've been alive long enough that and while all these things could change, you've been alive long enough that you have some semblance of an idea of how you want to live, right, yeah, okay?
Speaker 3: What so.
Speaker 1: Like when you really break it down, in what way do you feel as though people knowing that you've you've done porn or whatever negatively interferes with that way that you want to live your life? Like that's the that's the real if you if like we've through all the bullshit and all the people being like, oh I've seen your tits, Like, that's the real question. It's the real question to ask yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I guess I don't know. My biggest fear is I just don't want to get fired from another job because you're like, oh, I don't want you taking.
Speaker 2: Your tits out here.
Speaker 3: You know, I understand that. But but are you not?
Speaker 1: I mean, is this is it a financial worry?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: I assume are you? Are you making good money doing this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: A decent amount, okay, And and I don't know, Like I mainly like I'm just like on fansly and everything. I don't have an only fans anymore. But it's been pretty chill. And I guess I also worry about like my safety and everything, like because oh, sure, I'm like, I'm a single female and like I live alone, so like putting myself out there so publicly does that put me in danger as well?
Speaker 4: Enough?
Speaker 1: I sure so, But I guess, like I mean, do you for the future, do you want to work for yourself or do you want to get a job working for someone else?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I kind of like working for myself. I like having my own schedule and doing what I want when I want.
Speaker 1: I mean to get super practical. I mean if I were you, If I were you, I would just you know, do this for as long as you want to save up. Just like, do it for as long as you want to save some money. And then when you don't want to do it, take whatever money you saved and start something else. Yeah, because when you cause, we don't, I just I And this has nothing to This is not a like it could be sex worker, it could be anything. This is like we don't we don't live in a universe where your capacity to do things is so heavily gate kept by what other people think of you, you know what I mean? Like, we don't. I don't think we live in that universe so much anymore. And that's and that's why I don't think you you maybe have as much to worry about as you think fair enough.
Speaker 3: So I told you that, Like my parents don't know, right, and I'm I don't think that they would stop talking to me, like because of that, Bicyley, Judge me, I am worried about the possibility of my sister cutting off contact with me and my niece is just because she's just not like porn at all. I don't know if she'd ever do that, but I worry about things like that too.
Speaker 1: You know, that would be really sad. That would be that would be really sad. And I'm sor I'm and I'm sorry to hear that you feel like your sister would do that.
Speaker 3: I hope she wouldn't, but you know, I get worried about these things.
Speaker 1: MM, well, do you want to plug? You can plug if you want.
Speaker 3: No, No, no, no, it's okay, okay.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry to hear about that. I don't know. I don't know what to do because that makes me sad because, like I mean, I don't know. Man, if if I found out my sister was doing porn, I wouldn't give I wouldn't want to see it. But uh I wouldn't. I wouldn't. I wouldn't give a shit. It's sheer, especially if she's twenty nine years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am an adult and I can make my own decisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would so? I mean, if you were to start another business, what would you do?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know. I guess I just I love being creative, and I actually found out that I like editing, So maybe like being a full time editor for somebody.
Speaker 2: If I wouldn't have to worry about like it's.
Speaker 3: My I feel like it's a lot easier if I'm working from home and not customer facing and worrying about like people recognizing men those things like that. But could you, like I just don't want to be like stocks or anything like that, so sure, sure, yeah, I don't know. There's so many options I'm thinking about, like going back to school and everything too. I don't know. I don't know what I want to do with my life. I just want to be mostly happy.
Speaker 1: Well that's good. I think you'll be okay. I don't know if that's an empty thing to say, but I feel that way.
Speaker 3: It's a comforting thing, like just like reminding yourself like you're going to be okay sometimes.
Speaker 1: You know. I'm gonna ask the chat if they have any questions for you? Is the chat? Do you have any questions? What's your name? Bean? To Chat? Do you have any questions for for Bean? What is Bean? I assume Bean is not your real name? No, that's did you how did you arrive at the name Bean, So.
Speaker 3: I don't even my mom used to call me Bean growing up, and it's something that popped in my head.
Speaker 1: Someone asked, Uh. Someone asked, what the craziest porn you have ever done?
Speaker 5: Is the crazy?
Speaker 3: I don't know, probably like doing a gang bang, or like a spit roast, or just like getting fucked in public.
Speaker 1: A spit roast. That sounds Does that hurt? That sounds painful?
Speaker 3: Well, it depends on how you do it. But if you have like somebody on each end, you know it's not too bad.
Speaker 1: Uh. Someone wants to know what the largest amount of money you've made is.
Speaker 3: I made a lot more on only fans like I. I think like the largest amount I made in a month, which's probably like four to.
Speaker 1: Five thousand, it's pretty good. Someone says, do you have friends who you can share this part of your life with?
Speaker 3: Yes, I have a couple of friends. I need more of them, but don't we all.
Speaker 1: Do you have other friends who are who also do this for a living?
Speaker 3: No, I need more content creator friends. Also, I need real therapist as well. But that's because I'm I mean, I'm not unemployed. I'm self employed. I don't have a health insurance.
Speaker 1: At the moment. By the way, I'm just seeing a fucking real therapist is so Uh it's so hard to even if you're going through your insurance, it's so fucking hard to find one.
Speaker 3: That's a whole other issue.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: There's some more questions.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Someone wants to know how often do you leave feeling satisfied with your experience versus unhappy?
Speaker 3: I feel like a good seventy five percent of the time. I feel satisfied, but sometimes like things just like make me feel icky, you know. Uh.
Speaker 1: Then finally someone asked, are you saving money?
Speaker 3: No, I need to be. I have a trip coming up and I've been saving money for that, but I put down more money for other things.
Speaker 1: You know, well being thanks for Sharon. Yeah, someone suggested a roth ira this is This would be the second I'm on a new kick where I set up all my callers with wroth iras at the end of each call.
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 1: It's like you put money into an account and then in a hundred years, when you're dead, it'll be worth more money. Being Is there anything else want to say to the people of the computer before we go, And thank you.
Speaker 3: So much for talking to me, Thank you chat for having interesting questions. I hope you all have a great NYE. And I don't know, I don't have anything else to say, just thank you, have.
Speaker 1: A good night being, thank you you too, goodbye. You know I've been thinking about it, and please let me know in the comments or the or the what did you think of this podcast? Spotify Interact fucking thing. I think retirement accounts are stupid. I opened one, I put a little bit of money in it, but I kind of think they're dumb because what I'm all right, so the wroth Ira you put okay, you pay taxes right on your money, and then after that you take that money and you put it in a roth Ira account and then you can invest it in the stock market, and then when you're sixty years I think sixty years old, you can take the gains out tax free. But you can't. Basically, you can't touch that money until you're sixty years old. So it's like, look, I might be who's I might be dead by then? What the fuck am I saving money for for a time when I'll be dead? I think it doesn't make any sense. And even if I'm not dead, Like let's say I make it to sixty. I'm probably I'm gonna only have like a couple of years after that, So don't open a retirement accounts. Spend all of your money on funkal pops and ice cream. That's my official and you can quote me on that. That's something I said and I mean, and I will never change my opinion on ever. And I and you know what, I am an official financial advisor. Keep that in. No, I'm not. I'm not an official financial advisor. Never Hello, Hey, what's up? Hello?
Speaker 5: Are you the get go?
Speaker 1: Yes? Who are you?
Speaker 5: My name is Jay?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Jay?
Speaker 1: Joe? I asked you that twice? Didn't I?
Speaker 5: No, that's okay.
Speaker 1: I think I have like I I think I have like dementia or something. No, it's okay, I might it's really bad. Oh shit for really, No, I'm I'm I don't know who cares? What's your name? Again? That was real? That wasn't a jit, That wasn't a bit. I genuinely.
Speaker 5: I used to see like ghost as a kid, and sometimes I'm like, I'm ordering if it's real or if it was just me having schizophrenic episodes all the time. But then other people will come forward and be like, yeah, I've totally seen ghosts too, and so it makes me feel less crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, Jay, what's your name again? No, that was a joke. What do you want to talk about today? Uh?
Speaker 5: Well, it'd be cool if you could give me life advice. I don't know. I guess I could talk about ghost stories. I could talk about having cancer.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, you want me to give you life advice? Oh, yeah, that'd be great about what?
Speaker 5: So? The thing is, I'm living with my parents, and I had to live with my parents because I got cancer, and I'm broke on my ass. I don't really feel like I'm living my life to the best that I can be, especially considering I nearly fucking died. I don't know how to proceed. I don't know how to go forward or to how to like rebuild my life back up to where it used to be because I feel like I've awful sense of independence and my parents are like kind of crazy but not really Like it's tolerable most days if I'm respectful, but sometimes like something will happen and it'll flare up and then I sort of like claim show up again. But would you say free rent? But emotional distress. Should I stay living at home, save up money, get the fuck out of the country, or move out don't have a lot of money, I might potentially not be able to move to my dream country.
Speaker 2: What is your advice? Good serve?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I have advice. I have questions. Or do you still have cancer? Nope?
Speaker 5: Intermission as of March.
Speaker 1: Well look at that, well, look at that you have the you have you have. You have something more important than money, which is you're not dead. This is good because think about think about how broke dead people are.
Speaker 5: They don't got no money, no assets. Everything's to their next of kin. I mean, sometimes you die and you leave behind sounds of dead right when?
Speaker 1: But when when you leave, when you leave something behind, that means you don't have it anymore. So when you leave behind your money, you go broke. The Elon Musk when he dies, I'm going to be richer than him. He'll have he will have own money in the after. You will be richer than Elon Musk when he dies. So think about all the wealth that you have right there in that that you're not dead.
Speaker 2: Good thing I didn't so I'm super rich.
Speaker 1: I mean for real, you actually are super rich because you didn't die. That's amazing. What so now you're how long have you been in remission?
Speaker 5: Only a couple of months?
Speaker 1: So okay.
Speaker 5: My plan was I'm going to stay in the country for as long as I'm in remission until in cancer free, just because I feel like it's a nightmare to like go to another country and like deal with health bullshit while potentially not having insurance in that country. I think they could go to Japan. I hear they have good foreigners insurance.
Speaker 1: But do you do you have any money? Do you have any savings?
Speaker 5: Honestly no, I'm like in the negatives because I was like, oh, I have a job now I can like go on these little trips. And then they fired me, Like do you have a job now? Nope? I'm still looking.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean you're and you're you're twenty three, yep, why here's years. I feel like I feel like more and more I'm becoming like a fine of personal finance gecko or something. If I how long you've been looking for a job.
Speaker 5: I got fired Monday, So since then.
Speaker 1: What was your job?
Speaker 5: I was working at a coffee shop. It was honestly, I really loved it. The environment was great, my coworkers are nice.
Speaker 2: But I just showed up to late.
Speaker 5: I just showed up late to work literally every day. So that was fair understandable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a great day.
Speaker 5: The other half they fired me. I was like, I probably don't want to say it out loud because I feel like it'll give me away.
Speaker 1: But that being said, wow, what do you mean gave you? Give you away?
Speaker 5: Oh? I just kind of want to. I don't want to, like give the I don't want to give this company ship because I think the way they handled the situation was really poor. But that's my personal opinion.
Speaker 1: Was it Starbucks?
Speaker 5: No, it was not Starbucks. I'm actually applying for Starbucks both.
Speaker 1: Was it uh, Duncan Donuts?
Speaker 5: No, Dutch Bros.
Speaker 1: Coffee shop? I can easily guess that. I'll just go down the list of coffee shops. Okay, okay, was it Dutch Bros. No? Was it Tim Horton's No. Fuck, I don't know any other coffee shops.
Speaker 5: That's okay. I give you for trying.
Speaker 1: Good job, but I guess back to your situation, why don't you just fucking you want an Actually, I actually I think I actually have advice. I mean, how bad, Like, how bad is your situation with your parents?
Speaker 5: Well, most of the time they can be civil and have definitely grown a backbone over the years and been able to like establish better boundaries with them. But it's honestly really stressful, like kind of being in an environment where I'm like semi controlled all the time and do and like queer and they're homophobic, so that's really stressful too.
Speaker 1: Do they hit you? No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, are you do you feel like you're in an in danger at all?
Speaker 5: So not anymore, is the short answer.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the long answer?
Speaker 5: The long answer is they were kind of shitty when I was younger, but I think they just had their own mental shit they couldn't deal with that affected their ability to be good parents. And on top of that, they just kind of never really addressed any of their mental issues. So I feel like it's sort of like ricocheted back on to me, and that was like super stressful to grow up with. But now that I'm an adult and like getting cancer definitely kind of like soften them up a bit. Unfortunately, unfortunately, like terrible, terrible things happening to you brings people closer to you, is my experience, which is not ideal.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well, what's your dream country that you.
Speaker 2: Said, Australia?
Speaker 1: Love Australia. Why Australia.
Speaker 5: I did a study abroad there, like right before I got cancer, and then it was like amazing. It was it was like they had literally beaches along the coast and like the it was just so like.
Speaker 1: No offense that no offense to Australians. But it's just like, I mean, Australia's fucking It's like if you had told me that your dream country was somewhere less expensive than America, which is most places, which is most places really, but Australia I think might be more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a million dollars to my house.
Speaker 1: So you want to go to you want to move to Australia.
Speaker 5: Yes, ideally that would be a very wonderful.
Speaker 3: Life goal.
Speaker 5: Bucket list item.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you have a degree of any kind? And anything?
Speaker 2: I do in what?
Speaker 3: Art studies?
Speaker 1: Art studies? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh, it'll be fine, I'll get a degree in something I like doing, and now I cannot get a proper job.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, yeah, you kind of fucked yourself a little bit. It's okay. It's up. By the way, I just want to say it's okay to admit when you've taken an l there's no shame in it. Really, it really is. But I really, genuinely I mean this. If I were you for the rest of my life, I would actually just look at every I would just add, but at least I didn't die of cancer. To the end of every single thing he ever said, I mean, anyone anyway, you don't have to You don't even have to have had cancer to do that. You know, you can do that. If you never had cancer, you could be like, oh I got a flat I could be like, oh I got a flat tire and I'm locked out of my apartment. But at least I didn't get shot in the head just now, and you can.
Speaker 5: You can.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of happiness in that. There really is an unlimited amount of happiness in that. Here's what I think is, why don't you, like, do you you need you need like a logistical plan. You need to like go on the fucking internet and look up and find a dollar amount that that you need in your bank account for you to you need a plan you need a dollar amount that it would cost to execute that plan, and then another plan uh as to how you are going to save up that dollar amount. So you need two plans. That's my advice is to go on the internet, chat, GPT, whatever the fuck and develop and execute those two plans.
Speaker 5: Okay, I appreciate that. Appreciate that you.
Speaker 1: Have you looked into this ship? Have you? Have you gone moving to Australia Reddit on Google and seeing what's up?
Speaker 5: Oh shit, I didn't think about Reddit. I don't mostly like looking up travel agencies.
Speaker 1: But a lot of them are travel agencies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like they'll be there's like international travel agencies, at least for Australia, and they can if you pay the money, they help you like establish which visa you can use.
Speaker 1: And by the way, by the way, by the way, bye way, by the way, before you move to Australia, before you buy a visa, you know, take a trip. Have you ever been?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's where I did my study abroad.
Speaker 1: Oh right, okay, you told me that, told me that, All right, so you've been all right? I mean, how much is a visa?
Speaker 5: It was a lot. Well for a visiting visa. It's only like I think three and fifty American dollars.
Speaker 2: I am really.
Speaker 1: Sure that's like nothing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah for just like a work in it's like a it's like a work and vacation visa or something and you can pay there for like six months. And that's the one I got, so like, yeah, this is if you want to go to Australia, this is your call. You don't get a visa and then but the thing is to say there permanently. You can either like recycle that visa every year, or you can like find some way to like have a job sponsor you are, like uh, or like if you have a family member in Australia, you can like you connect with them or something. But this is just like honestly, I'm talking out of my ass, Like I have no fucking clue how to get any of this done. I just know it exists and can happen, but I don't know how to. Like I feel like the hot take would be like, oh, get a job to sponsor me, but then like they're probably going to really overwork me, and the whole reason why I want to be in Australia so I can go to the beach, like the really cool.
Speaker 1: The whole reason you want to go to Australia's to go to the beach. Yeah, okay, hold on, dude, if I seriously all dude, dude, dude, If all you want to do is like work as little as possible and go to the beach, there are eight billion other countries that are way better to do that in than Australia.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Well, for really you can do that, but just Australia is the worst place to do it. It's it's too expensive.
Speaker 5: Huh okay, fair enough, fair enough, Like.
Speaker 1: Go to fucking if. I mean, if you really wanted to, you could get it. You could live in your parents' house for two years and never leave your room and save up all your money and then take it to some random town in Southeast Asia and just hang out there for a while. And you know, I just Australia is just the worst place for you to do this plan. I think we'll go crazy. I don't know. It's your life, it's your life, that's my only My only advice to you is to come up with a dollar amount that you need to do whatever you want to do, and then a plan on how you're going to get there. It's my own advice. And to also just be like, hey, man, I didn't die of cancer, Like we're chills. I want to tell you I was. I was with my friend and we were like, we were in d C. And we were walking by the water and we wanted to smoke a joint and we were like, we asked this guy for a lighter. He was like taking some shit out of his car. Uh, he was ripped. He was super ripped. He had a shirt on it. He had a shirt on that said I Love Jesus. And he was like, he was like, let me go. I think I have a lighter in my car. And we were like, how you doing today, man? And he was like he looked us, he like made he made really sincere eye contact into both of our eyes, not at once that would look funny, but and he said very sincerely. He said, I'm doing incredible. I woke up today like like as if we were as if we were like crazy for asking he was. He's like, I woke up, I'm breathing, and he and my friend and I just thought about that all day. Just this guy. It's really impacted us. And I was like, man, that guy, he really knows the fucking secret to life. This guy. Uh so you know carry that and uh, Australia sucks. No, Australia doesn't suck. I didn't mean that. I actually like I like Australia a lot. It's just expensive compared to anywhere else you can escape your life to go to.
Speaker 5: That's real, that's real. It's beautiful. But I guess what city?
Speaker 1: What city do you want to go to?
Speaker 2: The worst one?
Speaker 5: Sydney?
Speaker 1: So why hold on? Why is it the word? Why is I I had a great time in city? Why is Sydney the worst one?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: It's it's like financially it's the worst one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and it's also.
Speaker 5: The tourist part, so it's like impossible to buy a house in if you want to go to the Astralia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went. I did a tour of Australia. I went to Sydney. I played a show there. I I went into a stranger's home and I jammed with them. We met music together. It was crazy. It was a good time. Yeah.
Speaker 5: That sounds like that sounds like the ideal Australia experience.
Speaker 1: You can have that experience in any place. Yeah, what's your name again? R? Jay?
Speaker 3: Jay.
Speaker 1: It was Jay, right. Yeah, Look who has to mention now? Not not your boy?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Jay, is there anything else you want to say to the people the computer before we go?
Speaker 5: I guess do all the things you want to do with life, because you never know when you'll end up in a hospital bed.
Speaker 1: Hey, take care of Jay, have a good one.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you you too, Bye bye.
Speaker 4: Never Becon goes on the line making your phone calls every night. Never Beacon goes to nice Hide. You're just teaching you about good life. Money's not gonna be an expert.