Speaker 1: Look may oh, I see you my own and look over there is that culture. Yes, goodness, wow, lost cult dang lost culturistas calling. I want to wish my sister Mount Rogers a happy thirty fifth birthday.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. And you know, I wanted one thing for my birthday and it was for us to match. So we're wearing these gorgeous knits. I don't think I've really sat down and looked at and felt the quality beautiful garment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really good. It's a nice garment. Now, just PI because we're numerology experts. Now we've really discussed number. Yeah, thirty five feels like the right age for you. Sturdy, you think, yes, I'm meant to be thirty five. I think thirty five looks good on you, and I think thirty five Matt Rodgers at thirty five. Like I will always say this, The name Matt Rogers so nice. You like that, it's a great classic you like you like that it's a great classic name. And there's something about Matt Rogers that translates in some essential way to the number thirty five. It's like, it's good. You know what.
Speaker 2: Recently I was watching a YouTube BTS video with the stars of White Lotus Michelle Monaghan, Yes, Leslie Bibb, and Carrie and they were asking each other what age would you be if you could pick any age, And when you know what, they all said, thirty five. They all said, I would be the exact agim right now. That would be the exact agim right now. And they were all so gloriously being actresses to each other. And I absolutely love and worship each and every one of them.
Speaker 1: Those are three great actors.
Speaker 2: But it was just so funny because they were like, I wouldn't change a thing, I'd be the agim right now.
Speaker 1: And I agree. I would love to give thirty another go. You would, well, that was twenty thirty was stolen from us. Thirty was stolen from us in twenty twenty. I would love to just have that year of thirty now, you know, like which It's fine. I feel like this is us in our thirties is an extended obviously sort of like extrapolation of that feeling.
Speaker 2: You could always be one of the Hollywood legends that lies about their age. Okay, okay, now, by the way, do you know why you like Matt Rogers?
Speaker 1: Why? And why I love bow and yang. No, a three syllables, three syllable name, and that's actually apropos. Yes, we've got a three.
Speaker 2: Syllable name legend, three syllable legend. By the way, thank you for some happy birthday to me. I'm so happy we're in matching looks. Not just because I wanted us to be in for my birthday, but we.
Speaker 1: Took new photos for the podcast. Kiss this one. Goodbye, yes, goodbye. Even though this is iconic, and can we just say this has done us so well. I like that my pores are visible. I really do. I'm not I'm not joking. Transparency, it's transparency culture. We did not expect this to be the one. This was so good, This was a good one. I'll miss this one a lot. I'll miss this a lot. But you know what, we had had its moment and had its moment, and like the first half of my thirties, we're turning over a new leaf. We are officially a nine year old podcast. Yes, the podcast, this is the podcast is nine years March twenty sixteen, as we started. Now it's March twenty twenty five. It sure is. And who better to help us ring in this ninth year of our lives. I'm very excited with our three syllable guests. Yeah. So basically this person is this is how I met this person on a zoom audition for the show No Good Deed, I'm an amazing show I wish she created.
Speaker 2: And I was in my bathroom in New York because it was the only place I could get good lighting. So I put the zoom, I opened the zoom, put the computer laptop on the top of my toilet.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: This was in Long Island City, Yes, yes, And I was like, I hope I can make this in some way charming. Did the zoom audition and spoiler alert for the show, I do a lot of cocaine in the show. So I'm in my own bathroom like minding cocaine, just like off off the shitter.
Speaker 1: Literally, look every time. You don't know this.
Speaker 2: Every time in that audition I went down to go like Mayma line of coke snort. I was staring into my toilet hole. That's pretty good my toilet hole.
Speaker 3: First of all, let's not putell, that's the first time you've ever done that.
Speaker 1: Okay, more to come in this episode for that.
Speaker 2: For that also created Dead to Me's a new podcast with a friend of the show, Justice Claim. We're going to talk all about and truly lovely to have her here. Please, welcome to yours my friend.
Speaker 1: Let's oh my.
Speaker 4: God, thrilled to be here.
Speaker 1: Well, it's what are your birthday wishes for our friend? Man?
Speaker 4: Talk to me and I wish I knew it was your birthday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that I would have come with some sort of gift and or a matching sweater.
Speaker 2: Your presence is a gift. I love what you are wearing. It's a vibrant green Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Kelly Green. Kelly Green, Kelly Green.
Speaker 4: She's giving Kermit Ermit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's the best muppet?
Speaker 4: Wow? Fuck Y Fazzy Bear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the right answer. Well, because I love funny guy. He's sweet too.
Speaker 4: He's sweet.
Speaker 3: And also for some reason, my daughter loves Fazzy Bear and says Waka Walka.
Speaker 1: So what do you think it is about Waka walk that she latched onto? Is she does? She have the comedy bug?
Speaker 4: She has the comedy bug? She does?
Speaker 3: Can I tell you that yesterday in the car I picted her up from school, gave her a snack, wasn't enough. She was still hungry. And I said, what are you hungry for? She said, hungry for boogers? Oh, and she knew she was making a joke. I laughed so hard that I've only, you know, validated that you know, boogers are funny.
Speaker 1: There's something about she just knows how it hits the ear. Not to say bogers, which would have been funny, but hungry for I'm.
Speaker 3: Hungry for Bookers. I think it is really a strong, strong statement.
Speaker 1: What are you hungry for? I'm hungry, I'm hungry. She's the next air, She's the next air. Sherman can be so lucky, I think luck. Wow.
Speaker 4: I can't believe there are two of these sweaters in existence.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is what I wanted to say about this. We don't even own these. Okay, So are my friend Jared who I'm trying to introduce you to.
Speaker 1: Jared Frieder.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows him. That's why that's a reader Katie publicists. Final lest ar Kyle, he came to help us sort of art direct the shoot. He buys two of everything because he had two of these.
Speaker 4: It was this what he was dreaming up, that you would be matching.
Speaker 1: No, because we told him we gave him like twenty minutes. Notice where like get down here when you extra closed. I did not pack enough for the shoot. I totally didn't realize that I should have packed for this. Came with doubles and this is just his retail behavior, is that he buys two of each. What is that? There's there's a pathology.
Speaker 4: There's a pathology there. But I have to say it.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's really worked out because it's actually sort of studying on both of you can works on you boath it does.
Speaker 1: I'm always hesitant to match because it's all with Matt, especially because it gives tweedled tweetled dumb. But that's who we are.
Speaker 3: I mean, no, I'm not feeling tweedled de tweetl dumb. I'm feeling tweedled and tweetle stud that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now, my god, I love that for us. What's the tweetle blank tweetled blank for you and Jesse Klein?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that is wow, Tweedle, Oh shit.
Speaker 1: I'm putting on the spot. But then new podcast you guys are starting is about adult friendships.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: It's called here to Make Friends Friends, and it's really about how hard it is to make friends in your midlife. Yes, which you're not quite there yet, but wait till you see wait till you turn thirty six.
Speaker 1: Oh the algorithm. The algorithm is telling me I'm in my middle age.
Speaker 4: What is it telling you?
Speaker 1: So a couple of things.
Speaker 2: My per Okay, I almost had my personal trainer, and I guess I'm just gonna say it, because I have a personal trainer I've started with. And he goes to me the first day we ever started working, he goes, it's actually really good that you started now, because at thirty five that's when your bone density starts to go, and then at thirty six that's actually when you lose any metabolism you've ever had. So it's really good that we're getting to work now. And I'm like, and so then I get randomly served on Instagram this like you know when you flip through the stories and then there's one that's like a targeted ad. It's like, how thirty five means you're definitely middle aged. It's like all of a sudden, everything had always told me like, you're young, you're young, you're young, and then hit thirty five and they're like, you're middle aged. You're middle aged. We're changing that, we're moving the goal post back. Thirty five is middle aged.
Speaker 3: I need you not to be middle aged because I'm so much older.
Speaker 4: Than thirty five. Oh no, I feel like middle age is forty. I'm going to be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, your life expect grows. Thank you in middle age and like move up in number. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Somebody said middle ages until you're sixty, which I thought was generous.
Speaker 1: That's that's kind of major. That person's a legend that I want to make you. Have them on their podcast, have them on our podcast, but from them. Yes, they feel like a good friend. Do you have a theory on why it's harder to make friendships in your mid adulthood?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think in part because when you're a kid, all you have is your friends. You're just there to play, You're there to make believe you're you know, you don't have judgments or you know, needs that are clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I feel like I barely have them now because you're thirty four, I don't have I really don't have needs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talk to Matt's trainer because he'll tell you, like thirty seven, At thirty seven, you identify yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it is true. I just you know what I was thinking about the other day. Remember when you were a kid, like a young, young, young kid, Remember this sentence, this question, do you want to be my friend?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I used to ask that question on the playground, and even then it felt so intimate. But it was like this intimacy that you're allowed when you're a child to ask a pure question.
Speaker 1: My god, I could.
Speaker 4: Cry truly, but that is true.
Speaker 3: Like you're allowed to be intimate and vulnerable and yourself when you're a kid. And I think by the time you get into your mid thirties forties, I'm just being generous by saying at thirties, I reallyate.
Speaker 4: Just mean over forty.
Speaker 3: But no, but when you get to be an older person, like there's a history that you have behind you, there's like a present that you're living in where there's so many stories. Like it's like when you go on a first date with somebody, yes, and you're like, which version of myself of like am I gonna give? Like am I gonna tell them how my brother and my sister, you know? And so Jesse and I were really lucky because we became friends in the writer's room of dead to me, and I knew who she was and she knew who I was, and we were both sort of like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, excited to be around each other.
Speaker 3: And then when we started talking in the writer's room, I realized that like everybody was just watching us sort of kibbits and chit chat with each other, and like we just had so much in common, and I was so excited, and I, you know, you feel that sparkle inside with that new friend, which you know, I'm a happily married gay. I've been with my wife for sixteen years, so I don't, you know, I don't get to do the first date thing, but that felt kind of first dating and it was really like it was really sweet. And so we we are weirdly kind of like friendship nerds. We love to talk about friendship. Yeah, by the way, you guys are.
Speaker 1: We're the biggest friendship nerds.
Speaker 3: But you are such wonderful friends to each other, Like it's such a pleasure to listen to your show. So not just for the funny and the and the pop culture of it all so that I feel relevant and I sort of going on the world, but also just because like you are kind to each other. You you are like the living embodiment of yes.
Speaker 1: And oh that is such a nice compliment. It's true, very sweet. That is Oh thank you my girl. That I love.
Speaker 3: I mean, you guys love each other and it's like it's it's snark free in such a wonderful, like fresh way.
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting about that, I think because we were two gays doing a podcast talking about pop culture in the beginning, Like in the breakdowns, people would talk about our podcasts and we would get snarky all the time, and I'm like, is this just because we're two gay guys, because we're not snarky.
Speaker 1: Idea as in the comments, like people that were like trying to explain what the podcast we call snarky and we'd be like, I guess, but that's not no.
Speaker 3: I would I would actually call you devoid of snark. I would see, you guys are so like authentic and I would say very kind hearted about your approach to pop culture.
Speaker 1: We'll equip, we'll quip quick, quill a quip and we'll get dragon or read.
Speaker 2: But it's for the culture number forty nine. Oh, we'll give you a dragon read. But no, I mean, I do think it's like that's very nice of you to say. I wonder if it's like, well, it's you and Jesse, so it's like you guys are obviously iconic comediance, by the way, two wonderful showrunners I've worked.
Speaker 1: Yes, So are you actually this threat is common? Jesse? I love that for you, and this was no good deed.
Speaker 2: But I wonder are you kind of rolling the dice on some people because you're like, we want to be friends with this person, Like we're sort of.
Speaker 1: Like the whole point. So you're not you're not playing it safe, You're not bringing in.
Speaker 3: Like, oh no, we are playing it safe because at first, you know how it is when you have a podcast you need well it's also like people don't know what your show is, so like, no, we're not gonna chest.
Speaker 4: Dan's not coming on yet.
Speaker 1: I know what she will. She's she's never hit the podcast Sarka, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, you know, so we do have our white whales, you know. Of course I've heard you guys talking about it. Reference of course we know we have our white whales, but for now we are We're mostly having guests on that we know on some level because they trust us enough to come on without having heard an episode because the show doesn't come out until March fourteenth.
Speaker 4: But the whole point is that we want to.
Speaker 3: Make friends, and we feel excited that we got to make friends with each other, so now we're like who else could we make friends with? And the excuse of just inviting them on the podcast and then essentially like bum rushing them into friendship yeah right, and cornering them and basically putting pressure on them in front of a microphone to be like, but would you want to have.
Speaker 4: The drinks with us?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's like the sort of blue sky fantasy, like not endgame, but like that's the like when you say, like can we be friends? Is that the image like eventually we just get like call each other up for like drinks like a.
Speaker 3: Thousand percent okay, like my ideal or Jesse and I have the ideal that like maybe at the end of the season we would have, you know, like a last supper. Oh I love that, you know, Yeah, you guys are invited.
Speaker 1: Oh my, I'm joining the podcast next week. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But when I we wanted to get you, but I felt like you're very business.
Speaker 4: I wanted you both on.
Speaker 1: Together, so available or if you want to have just him. I think he should have a moment with both of you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he should have a moment because we he's like our.
Speaker 1: Son, he's your he's your son, and I'm like the exchange program. You know, absolutely not kid from.
Speaker 3: That is so now we know where everyone really thinks about.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, you know, I'm from I'm from the East coast that thing.
Speaker 3: But if I may take this moment to say what a fan I am.
Speaker 1: Of yours, likewise, that means so much.
Speaker 4: It means so much to me.
Speaker 3: I am a you know, obviously longtime fan of the show that you're on. It's called Saturday Light and you know, I've been watching it since I was a young child.
Speaker 4: But you are such a fucking bright.
Speaker 3: Light on that show and truly list door and I just you're fucking brilliant.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yeah, when you get.
Speaker 3: Behind that, but when you get behind that weekend up date desk, like I just I like, I lean forward, get the proverbial popcorn out.
Speaker 4: I know it's gonna be fucking great.
Speaker 1: It's you know what I love about it is that it's hit or miss. Well that's but that's the show.
Speaker 4: But that is I mean, it's true nothing's perfect.
Speaker 1: Nothing's perfect tonight. I love that about working there. It's like, oh, I tried something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you never fail because you're you.
Speaker 1: That's so nice, it's very it's true. True. Did you check out the fiftieth I did.
Speaker 3: I did. Think well, I thought there's a very handsome guy on the red carpet. I thought there was a real star on the red carpet. And that's wait his audition. Just to go back to that for a second, I want you to know where that audition came from. Because we were I had written the part, we were casting the show.
Speaker 4: Couldn't find the guy.
Speaker 1: At first.
Speaker 3: We were looking and I don't know where the hell we were looking, but I couldn't find him. And in the middle of the night, I shit you not. I was like, because this is I'm a weird, like I wake up with ideas kind of person. It was like three o'clock in the morning and I shot up out of bed and I was like.
Speaker 1: It's Roger. I'm so happy that that happened.
Speaker 3: I swear spirit moved The spirit moved me. It was like somebody whispered in my ear and then I couldn't shake it. And then of course you nailed the audition, and.
Speaker 1: That's very kind, you know.
Speaker 2: I it is hard on It's hard when you audition on Zoom especially. Yeah, that's the thing is it's like you have Oh I do it all the time. I put myself on the self tape all the time. I did it yesterday.
Speaker 1: Like it's it's hard, But I really.
Speaker 2: Loved you as a you know, as someone who obviously a name I knew and respected so much. When they told me that you were actually going to be on the Zoom, that's when you're like, okay, well you know, here we go. But it is hard. It's it's hard to like connect in a way. It's hard to really get adjustments. It's also you're seeing someone in a literal screen, which is different than the screen they'll be on ultimately.
Speaker 1: So it's bizarre.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to ask you, like, as a creator and as someone who auditions people all the time, like do you miss the in person auditions because you're a director as well. I mean, you're so multi talented, so I would imagine that like part of getting in there and like getting clay on the mound and really working is part of what you love.
Speaker 1: And it's just cl on the mound. Is is that a Shudie Green thing? Yeah, it's like it's a thing that they like it. Beauty and Celeste and I get Clay on the table. Clan the mound kind of hits the year better.
Speaker 3: On the bound.
Speaker 4: I'm interested in.
Speaker 1: So different now, well it is.
Speaker 3: I Well, if I'm just a person person, I like people.
Speaker 4: I like to sit in here. I mean I love the fact.
Speaker 3: That we're doing this in person and not on zone. Yeah, and so yeah, I really do miss the personal, the interpersonal stuff that you get. Also, I used to be an actor. I know what it's like to go in that room and you know, be nervous or unsure of the choice you're making, and then the people over there looking at you. It's so vulnerable. So I at least want to be there for the people to be like, hey, I got you. Like it's fine, there's no like, we'll work on it, we'll do it, you know, So thank you for doing that from your bathroom on.
Speaker 1: Zoo like ultimately it was either that or like I was. Honestly, is my one of my favorite roles I've ever played, maybe my favorite role every brilliant casting because I know exactly what you mean. It's like it's a very specific kind of person. And for Matt to just sort of be like this perfect invisible hand throughout the entire season and like it's just he's you're so good in it. And so Matt Rogers Ray Ramano, what chemistry we knew? I just saw him at the fiftie.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I mean that was you know, all the talk. First of all, you were incredible in the show, and what a great improviser. So many of his best clients were from your head to your mouth, not from my little type type.
Speaker 2: Well, that's also you providing a space for that, which is another compliment I'll give you, is that, like it's so rare. Okay, I'll say this good leadership, like what you show is just rare. And so one of the things I loved about working with you is how decisive you are when you've got what you wanted, and how you move on like confidently and everyone else can feel confident around you when you know when a leader is just like we got it and we're joyfully moving on, and and then no one has to go home and feel strange or odd or anything like that, because it's like we did it, and Liz always included a fun run.
Speaker 3: I mean not when you have Matt Rogers, you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Let him do his thing.
Speaker 2: No, I just mean, like for everyone at home, it's just it's like that take at the end when it's on, you kind of got it, and it's one for fun and it's that chance to like improvise and if you're lucky, to really connect with the character and have ideas for it, and like it's a collaborative set. Like I found that a lot of the stuff that was in the show ended up being.
Speaker 3: I would say you wrote probably half your line, if not more, you know.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. I don't know if you knew, but just being in that type of.
Speaker 2: Environment where it's just like constantly obviously the cast is the cast, and if you haven't watched No Good Dude yet, you should should.
Speaker 3: Mean you get to see Matt Rogers with Ray Romano. I mean, it's it's pretty amazing.
Speaker 2: Did you ever this is a weird question because you've you've worked in the business for so long, but like, do.
Speaker 1: You get star do you get starstruck? You get nervous around get starstruck? Yes, definitely, maybe you do you still well, I do, I've had recent moments of star striking. Yeah, especially at fifteen.
Speaker 4: Well, that was every single famous person in the entire universe. He was there.
Speaker 1: This is not a brag, but there was just a remarkable number of them who were like, I love the podcast and we're like to both matt watch. It was every two minutes. It was like crazy as Clari Dance.
Speaker 2: So basically like whenever I see anyone like going over to Bowen and being like Bowen, I'm like, yes, because Bowen, I agree with you. Is the star of SNL, is the truth in the light.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: It's Bowen and it's the fiftieth Everyone's excited to talk to Bowen. Claire Dance turning to me and like just calling me by my first name. I was like, I believe it.
Speaker 1: The best actress ever, the greatest, like and then we just like had a moment with her Lar Danes and then five minutes two minutes later, Sarah's a Parker Matthew Broder coming down the stairs as JP clocking is bowing to us.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's she puts the pop and pop culture.
Speaker 1: I mean, she is the New York woman.
Speaker 4: She is the New York woman.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Like yes, anyway, so like sorry to answer your question, and it's just termed to do a whole name drop fast, but like.
Speaker 3: I'm going to ask you, I'm like asking for.
Speaker 1: You, but you would mind.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, I it's almost like it's not even that I get sometimes I get starstruck.
Speaker 4: Most of the time, I know I'm going to see the person if.
Speaker 3: It's a surprise, if it's like I'm running into them at a party and they're like, I listen to your podcast, Like that's that's different. That's like, you know, like sending a like a sweet shive down my spine, you know. But like with Lisa Kudro, I had been watching Friends every night and her name came up in casting and I was like, but I want her.
Speaker 4: I watched her on my TV.
Speaker 3: I was very excited to meet her. But then I know that I have to present myself as a leader. And thank you so much for what you said. That's very very kind to say, But I know I have to, like you know, I have to be confident when I meet her and not treat her like she's this thing that is unattainable.
Speaker 4: To me, because then why would she want to work with me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she's very much quite there attainable.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, very much, right interest, I'll tell you. So this is a true story. This morning, I'm getting ready because I one of the great parts about my job, especially when I'm in development on like a new thing, is that I get to sit and meet actors and they just like, you know, like they just go, do you want to meet so and so?
Speaker 4: And I go, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like going on like a lunch date with the most random, wonderful people. So this morning, I'm getting ready to have breakfast with Pamela Anderson.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about her in the car obsessed.
Speaker 3: She's and I don't use this word often, a queen, she's a question. And I'm looking at myself in the mirror and I don't have makeup on, and I'm like, you know what, She's not gonna wear a makeup. I know that that's her thing. So I'm like, you know, do I show up at breakfast with Pamela Anderson with no makeup on? And I take one look at myself in the mirror and I go, you know what, I'm not working from the same baseline as Pamela, and I was.
Speaker 4: Like this paga.
Speaker 1: Queen. She doesn't give a fuck about it.
Speaker 3: She doesn't, but I like, I wanted to feel like, you know, I was presentable, so I did put some makeup on and I was still like a fourteenth as gorgeous.
Speaker 1: As she is.
Speaker 3: I want to be no right because again I'm like trying to be like, let's collaborate on something, maybe you know, but like I do sit in awe is what I'll say. Like I'm not maybe struck, but I sit in like complete respect and awe of people who especially like her, people who have been through the fucking ringer because of pop culture, because of our thirst for her fame and her gorgeousness, and you know the way in which society has you know, defied her over and over again and truly like turned her into an object.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: And let me tell you, she's fucking brilliant. She's so smart. She's way better read than I am. Like she's making references and I'm nodding like I know what she's talking about, no idea what she's talking about.
Speaker 4: I mean, I wasn't so impressed.
Speaker 1: So impressive, she's she has a Criterion Closet episode where she's really good knows everything.
Speaker 4: She was naming movies. She was talking about Genner Roland's movies.
Speaker 3: I mean, like she's she's just such an impressive human being and given everything that she's gone through, like, you know, to have your story be to be do you have your story be stolen? Is I think kind of almost among the worst things that can happen to a person, you know, like that's her story to tell, and you know, I get that it seems like it's part of the universe and it's you know, upper grabs, but that's really rough.
Speaker 1: Right, I will say, going back to what Matt was saying about you your leadership, this is such a backtrack, but he was coming off of that set every day being like, I mean, Liz Feldman, what a fucking queen. Like truly, we're so so so happy and grateful and learning so much from that experience, and it all shows that show is so great.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic.
Speaker 2: And also you have to know how nervous I was, like, because it will be one thing to book a show with Lisa Kudrou, you know what I mean, Like, because that's another thing is. It's like BTS for the readers and everybody at home. It's like you open your email. You're lucky enough one day to get any audition because they're very rare now, you know what I mean, And you open it up and it's like it's the new Liz Feldman show, which is already so exciting in and of itself.
Speaker 1: Everyone loves.
Speaker 2: It's such an exciting name to see yours when you're an actor too, because you know it's going to be like I would imagine that every actor is taking out all the meetings with you because they love dead to me and they see no good deed and they see this there's just so much potential for them to.
Speaker 1: Do things, you know what I mean. And like every character is interesting, which is rare, but it's like you see and Lisa Kujo is attached. That would be enough to give you a panic attack, even on an audition where you're not actually gonna interact, and then it's like rare mono. The name that really took me out was Linda Carnali.
Speaker 2: Out like true acting hero of mine, and it just it just didn't stop from there. I was a huge fan of every single person and then he goes it's like the super smash Brothers of television.
Speaker 4: Yeah, brilliant. Absolutely, I used you, but it's true. But but here's in here, Here's where I'm gonna go to.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, here's where I go down on you.
Speaker 4: Here's where are we? Sixty nine is you showed up? And I swear to god, he stole every scene.
Speaker 3: She's still every city was in Matt Rogers and Ray Romano turned into this like comedy team.
Speaker 4: I mean, you look out Bowen. I mean it could be racing there in that magic.
Speaker 3: Yes, but for some reason, I mean, like you would never think like Ray Romano like salted the earth from you know, although you're not from too far apart.
Speaker 1: From each.
Speaker 2: Island, so there was enough there, you know what I mean. Like, but again, like and I watched them since I was a kid, I'm.
Speaker 4: The same I get and what a great fucking guy he is?
Speaker 1: Too great.
Speaker 4: It was like a set of mensas.
Speaker 3: And to be honest, that was like the whole goal that I had is now that I get to be a person who you know, picks actors and hires crew and stuff, I'm like, I want to go to work and be surrounded by people I really enjoy being around, nice, kind, talented, but people who inspire me, people who are like, you know, if I'm going to go leave my two year old daughter at home and my wonderful wife who I actually really.
Speaker 4: Like, you know, I want to show up to people who I.
Speaker 3: Feel like are my family, and and it is, it is. It was so nice because we really to create that on no good deed.
Speaker 1: This is friendship nerding. This is this is being a friendship nerds. Where you're saying you and and Jesse, you are friendship nerds. Yes, this is nerding out about like the right chemistry's people the way.
Speaker 2: And in the writing in the writer's room too, I would imagine, because what I loved most about the set and I'm experiencing now on another show I'm working on, is I go over to Video Village and it's like a bunch of people like you have such a great group of ladies that you work with.
Speaker 3: Kelly Kennedy Hutchinson is one of my best friends of thirty years.
Speaker 4: We were we were college roommates.
Speaker 1: Where to go to college.
Speaker 3: We went to Boston University. We lived on Commonwealth Avenue and we were roommates. She was an acting student. I was a TV student, and we used to smoke cigarettes in our apartment with the windows closed.
Speaker 1: Yes, because that's what you did because dark in her life.
Speaker 3: Yes, we did life, and we just got like, you know, really stoned on really bad weed and dump carrible wine and have the greatest time. But she she was an actress on Broadway for many, many, many years, and was like, you know what, I think I want to try hand at writing, sent me her script and said to me was her first show and we've been working together ever since. Yeah, And I mean she's truly one of my best friends in I mean thirty years of friendship. So I have her and then Silvertree, who's my producing adoration directors, an incredible director. But like, we're good friends, and so I'm just in it for that, Like I'm in this whole business for friends. Yeah, That's all it is for me is connections. It's human connection with people. You know. I want to create that with people at home that I maybe never get to meet, but I also want to create it with the people that I get to see every day.
Speaker 2: So I was because of the fiftieth and everything I was talking to Kristin Wig and you guys were in an improv group together years ago.
Speaker 4: Were those Crystal Wig is what I like to call it.
Speaker 3: So Chrystal and I were We were in the Sunday Company and the Groundlingsgel but even before that, we were in an all female improv group which was obviously called the Last Women on Earth. And yeah, I mean like we go way back. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well uh yeah, general, so this obviously predates snl oh.
Speaker 4: Gosh, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We were children. I mean I think I met her.
Speaker 3: I was twenty two years old.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah in La.
Speaker 4: We met at the Groundlings.
Speaker 3: We met on like a like a wow improv class at the Groundings, which is just like a drop in class, And I think we saw each other and we were like, oh, that's we. Oh you're funny connected. We were connected definitely very much us.
Speaker 1: That's very much us because and I'm getting all mournful now because I'm like, I think it's still happening. I think it's coming back from the pandemic. But like something about like improv culture being kind of wiped away is really sad because that was the way that you and I made friends with people at college.
Speaker 3: It's how I've made so many of my dearest friends, truly. That's how it's why I went to Be You. I was visiting a friend, my friend Dan Fogler not to name drop, but a wonderful actor, and he was at BU. He was my best friend from high school. I was coming off a TV show called All That, which was my first show.
Speaker 4: Well, yes, you know, I've been doing this a long.
Speaker 3: Long time, and I was like, fuck, I just want to go hang out with my friend in college. He's like, well, I'm auditioning for the improv group. You should just come with me. I'm like, I'll go to school here. I went anyway, got in and they were like, well, if you went to school here, you could be in this group. And I was like, well, okay, so I didn't drust. I wasn't even going to school. I went into the admissions office, filled out an application, did an interview, and I got in, and I that's why I went to Be You.
Speaker 1: Crazy. That's even more because I would tell people one of the big reasons they went to NYU was because I did all my research in Danger Box was like the group that I was like focused on and then I went. But that's a whole other level, Like you were literally led and motivated by that.
Speaker 3: I was quite literally I didn't even know like what I was going to study. I didn't even care about any of it. I just wanted to be in the improv group.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And I made like one of my best friends for life in that group. I'm still friends with so many of the people from the group, you know. And then out here in LM, all my original friends were from the groundings. I did that for five and a half years.
Speaker 2: Isn't it wild how that works out? Like we tell this story sometimes, but you know, so many of our friends from those comedy groups. I was a hammer cat, so I did sketch comedy in Bona's Danger Box. He did improv. But that we were kind of all.
Speaker 1: One big community, and so many of those people are like still working, super successful, still are friends, you know what I mean. It's just I remember when Rachel Bloom won the Golden Globe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were at Bowen's department in downtown Brooklyn, and I was like, you know, what's wild, Like I think we might have been right, Like the people that we thought were special like actually are Yeah, and then that obviously, like in so many ways, has proven to be true, but it is sort of like you have to check yourself at that point.
Speaker 1: You're like, wait, am I? Am I? Okay? Like am I living in like a like a simulation where it's just like how could this be? How could this actually have been the destiny of us?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 1: Like whatever that means, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Whatever, But it's like you talk about like the friends that you made all the way back then, and like it's really possible to have those communities endure.
Speaker 3: It is it is, And I mean like when I was in the Sunday Company at the Groundlings, Caitlyn Olsen, Dax Shepherd, Wow, you know, and by the way, all three of us were cut.
Speaker 1: What you Kitlyn Olsen and Dax Shephard were cut from Sunday Company. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I have to fix my brush strap because it's I guess I'm getting skinny.
Speaker 1: Wait, who the fuck cut you guys?
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, it happens, but it was, actually, in a weird way, the best thing that ever happened to me.
Speaker 1: So it's like the people that doesn't know who get cut in there and like it's like your Jenny's states like to go on and become I.
Speaker 3: Mean, Jenny's brilliant, brilliant I have, I'm friends with several other girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And one thing about Asking with fifty is so many of them showed up so many one day and people came. They were all so happy and they're all doing so well. Well, yeah, that's just it was. This was my thing. There was just no bitterness thing and I was expecting even bitterness from me, where I'm like, oh, God, like, aren't we all so tired and aren't we also stressed out about this big show and it's all led up to this for like so many years, and it was all love and warmth thing.
Speaker 4: It was, and I have to.
Speaker 3: Say, as a person watching it at home, all six and a half hours a better, however long, it was very long, but I was I could have kept watching. My wife and I were so excited to watch it. And you know, like I mean, that's SNL is sort of like a family reunion for the audience too, you know, because so many of us like grew up watching it. My brother used to show my brother's seven years old of them. He used to show me episodes that I in no way should have been watching at like five years old, you know.
Speaker 4: So these are all people that we've all grown up with.
Speaker 1: Right, But it goes back to this like improv thing where I don't know, it's just it's just harder and harder for people to like connect in this like scaled up way where it's like you were just meeting so many people whenever you were doing shows or whenever you would like do like rehearsals or practices or whatever ever.
Speaker 2: You know, and developing together to is such an important thing I think in terms of grounding friendship, you know what I mean? How many times did we go to each other's shows where there was like fourteen fifteen people?
Speaker 1: You know? One time Bowen and I did a show for one person and we were like it was at the pit underground.
Speaker 4: Sure, and I remember the pit, Oh yeah, I've been there.
Speaker 2: We were performing as our filthy slutty lip sync duo Sluck Perfect. His name was slut and my name was fucked. Together, we were Sluck and we would essentially for a half hour, guys come up with it was that was actually our peak. There was a time there was do you remember when I would.
Speaker 1: Look at my Google? I bet I still can so many. Fluck was all over like everyone wanted to book Sluck. Sluck opened for Joel Kimbooster's first special table. Right, yeah, my god, that's everywhere. Sluck has performed everywhere.
Speaker 4: I embarrassed. I hadn't heard of it.
Speaker 1: No one knows about Stuck anymore, but Sluck return Fluck will be at the first Trump Kennedy Center on Yeah, yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: You know what we should do. I'm going to say it right here on air to put the pressure on you. We should get a super group of queer improvisers together and do a and do a charity show for Transise Amazing.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, let's do it. Let's pressure even that's.
Speaker 3: Yes, I should because there's some really brilliant improvisers here in l A too, And I've had the great pleasure of like Drew Droghi and Legends yep, I mean the greatest Sam Pancake some of the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean these.
Speaker 3: Are there's some we should do that we should.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, Brandon got Jones from Ghosts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was like I think I did a show with him.
Speaker 1: Yes, in fact, like he's one of the ones that like from the very big it's just so wild house, so so much really paid off.
Speaker 2: I was talking actually in my group chat the other day about how u c B really did create something incredible actors because of that face in Chelsea it was like that thrust stage and because it was so small, and because the audience was so engaged, because there was an era I'm sure in LA as well, where it just felt like everyone was so excited about improv and sketch. I think it was around you know, it's definitely a two thousand and six twenty twelve ish around there when SNL was like really hitting in that era because of like I think, like the way it was, you know, corresponding with politics, et cetera. It was just it was in the air that like, to succeed in comedy you had to be at uc B and be around it. It felt like in New York.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we flew to New York from LA with our show just to perform at.
Speaker 1: You see Wow, Dell Close.
Speaker 4: I did do Dell Close. Yes, the twenty four hour.
Speaker 3: Yes, we went on at some hilarious hour, like four o'clock.
Speaker 1: In the morning, Mistress, four in the morning in the morning.
Speaker 4: That was an incredible experience that was awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, four or fifteen in the morning, I went on and did like a thing where it was like a one. It was all gay guys and we were all pretending to be Boston straight guys. And I came out and I remember I ate a carrot off the ground and I was and I literally did this whole stupid bit where.
Speaker 1: I was like carrot and everyone was like no, No.
Speaker 2: I was told afterwards that it had been in someone's ass the bit before you had eaten, someone had put the carrot in their ass man and left it on the stage, And when I came out, I didn't know that, and so I took the cart.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was like, I'm gonna eat this carrot.
Speaker 4: They were like, no, that was the first time.
Speaker 1: That's my kink, my kin carrots. But no.
Speaker 2: What I was saying was like the style of the stage being thrust And because the audience was so engaged and it was so small, it created such good actors because they could do such small choices like I remember Middle Ditch, Aubrey Plaza, Elie Kemper, Darcy Carden, Brandon's Got Jones, like all these people that ended up having success in television. They came from an arrow where you could develop as a live performer, but it's still it fed the on camera work because it was black Bocks Thrust thrust space.
Speaker 1: Yes, so you could like I missed that space kind of like play to your angles. I don't know, I'm not making total sense, but like it was a way that to like play to like an angle slash camera or just play to an audience that was in front of you in the thrust setting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know, that's it's interesting that you say that because the Groundings is a proscenium. It's very It's a much more sort of presentation, and the characters tend to be bigger.
Speaker 2: Yes, I remember hearing that and being like should I move there? Because I always got to note I was too big.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Kudro, was season two that comeback where she does like Groundings classes jim Jimmy Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, Jimmy Foley should also be.
Speaker 1: In our Favorite People.
Speaker 3: I love him. He's wonderful and you know, I have known him since he was.
Speaker 4: You know, a WE improviser.
Speaker 3: I love him and I'm so proud of everything he's becoming and so much more to come.
Speaker 4: Wait, what were we just talking about before?
Speaker 1: That was a.
Speaker 4: Groundling, Yes, and then a teacher, and.
Speaker 3: Then a teacher, and she said recently we were talking she said she was a terrible teacher.
Speaker 1: Does I can't do it? I can never.
Speaker 4: I couldn't either.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm not like I can only like lead under great duress.
Speaker 2: You were you under direct because you didn't show that on No Good? Did you find yourself under diress?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, I think I just mean pressure, like, you know, external pressure, like here's a multimillion dollar budget on your shoulders, like, don't suck it up?
Speaker 1: You know? Do you like show running?
Speaker 4: I like I do.
Speaker 3: I do. It's like a sickness, but I do like it. It's very hard, it's very hard, but it is eleven jobs and one I like. I like eight of them, you know what I mean? Therapist, I mean I actually don't mind that part. I don't mind the managerial stuff, and I don't mind the interpersonal stuff. I don't love the tech stuff. I don't I don't love that, and I don't love like props meetings, you know, like just going over like here's the proper I mean, like I'm not a detailed person, which I'm much more of a macro gal and my wife is micro. I'm macro, and so we make.
Speaker 4: A good pair, you know.
Speaker 3: And but I do really like it because I love coming up with something from nothing. Is like this part that I'm in right now, where I get to just sort of dream up a new world is so fun. I get to people my world. I get to create a writer's room of people I want to spend time with, and then think of actors I want to work with.
Speaker 1: And she gestured lucky us.
Speaker 4: It was more of a no.
Speaker 3: I would I would work with you again in a heartbeat, and I would work with the first time.
Speaker 4: I would be lucky to no, she.
Speaker 1: Offered you a part right here. No, I'm like, I sound right for that. We don't really compete for.
Speaker 2: No, because you don't audition anymore because I don't think I'm good at it, Bowen, I'm a bad auditioner.
Speaker 1: No, I can, I can, I can.
Speaker 2: Copy always booked, Like I remember, I remember back in the day when we when we both were out for SNL. I remember I was like when you booked that, I was like, wow, he books because he would book all the time, and I felt like I had to book SNL in order to make a career happen interesting. I was like, I was like, this is the only thing I'll be right for because I always got the note too big, too big, too big.
Speaker 1: I just thought, I'm never going to work on.
Speaker 4: Big for me.
Speaker 1: Baby. This now like I watch him on NOUGADID and I'm like, there's no one more compelling to watch on the screen.
Speaker 3: Almost every reviewer thing that was written that I read because I never read them all but liked they highlighted Matt Rogers, who, by the way, isn't a is in a cast of very very very large cast of characters. I mean there's nine series regulars, and people are talking about Matt Rogers, you know, very kinds in many episodes.
Speaker 1: But but you know, like I can watch them in anything and any kind of thing, and yeah, you guys are being too much.
Speaker 4: I saw you and I love that for you, And I'm like, who is this guy?
Speaker 1: I love that show too, and that show has gone too soon?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: I agree, I agree.
Speaker 1: I can't believe no one wanted that, like when because they went out they went out to pitch it again and I was just like, this is like, you have so much proof of concepts here.
Speaker 2: The second season was fully written. I feel like I can say all this now because it's like it's been a long time. But I was just like that just goes to show the industry is in such a rough spot that that show was good.
Speaker 4: Yeah it had fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it had like you can put it on a Netflix homepage with like Molly Shannon in the fucking literally no reason for people to say no, no reason for a network to say no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and yet yeah, well it was an unfortunate timing thing. We're a victim of a regime change, you know, which is like changing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, anyways, all this is lovely, but there's a question we have to ask you. Okay, So, Liz Feldman, this is the question how we ask all of our guests. You'll be no different. What was the culture that made you say culture was for you?
Speaker 3: Hmm. I'm going to say the culture that made me say culture was for me was the original l word.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: You know this is really good, been huge, I mean yeah, because I yeah, Well.
Speaker 3: Here's the true story, which is that, you know, there was nothing for lesbian culture in terms of you know, really being in the mainstream other than when Ellen came out, you know, but that was a she really died on the cross for us on that one, truly. But it wasn't necessarily about you know, affecting sort of pop culture. That was about society to me, you know, her coming out was about changing the temperature of how we feel society about.
Speaker 1: A respects.
Speaker 3: But the L word was different because it was a fantasy. But it was a fantasy that was set in a reality that did sort of exist.
Speaker 4: It just didn't exist for me.
Speaker 1: Sure you know what I mean. And you're saying the L word is cultural instead of societal, Yes.
Speaker 3: I do think the L word is cultural. I mean societal. I think that as a result, but cultural in that And and listen, I'm going to say a few things that may be offensive to other queer women out there, but like you know, I'm I'm a gay woman who grew up in the in the eighties and nineties. You know, we had no role models, no direct role models. You know, we were grasping at straws. We were grasping at an empty you know, grasping at like the girl from Just One of the Guys, which was in eighties movies literally before you were born. But you know, there was nothing for us that we were grasping at. Mary stept Masterson and some kind of wonderful who was a straight person it seems sort of gay.
Speaker 1: There was icono the.
Speaker 3: Like thank you Katie Lang, we appreciate your work. But when the L word came out, I remember watching it with my one lesbian friend that I had in Last agt at the time and just thinking, Oh my god, it's possible, it's possible. Where are these women. They must exist, they must exist. And we were so enamored of this culture and this sort of group of friends that were created on the show that I kind of think we manifested it because we eventually met them.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I was a stand.
Speaker 3: Up at the time, and I was writing and stuff, and I was doing stand up at Dinah Shore Weekend, which for the Deer readers that is the lesbian sort of like Coachella, if you will. And I was doing stand up and the Ellward gals were doing a like, you know, meet and greet kind of while the show is still long, and somebody took them to come and see my stand up and I had been doing the silliest vlogs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I said, flog that's right.
Speaker 3: I had been doing these very silly vlogs with some other lesbians where we essentially like recapped the L word. We made fun of the L word and recapped it, and they had been watching it. Unbeknown all the cast had been watching these vlogs. Kate Mana came up to me and said, I'm a huge fan, and I almost fainted.
Speaker 1: This is like.
Speaker 4: Parker, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, well, of them on yours and we have been friends ever sincere friends. She's one of my dearest friends.
Speaker 1: She's great and no good, d wonderful.
Speaker 3: I wrote the part for her. I mean it's like it's it's who else could be that.
Speaker 2: You don't even like obviously you do know, but like when it hit on Netflix and everyone freaking the fuck out when they saw Carl in bed with Kate, Like it was like, how much of that was you?
Speaker 1: Being like he lesbian? I'm feeding the lesbians right now?
Speaker 4: You had to do You have to think about your audience a little bit.
Speaker 1: Because then you'll think back and you're like, you're an audience that wanted that at one.
Speaker 4: Point, exactly, forget about that. I think that's the.
Speaker 3: Most important thing to do when you are in the very lucky position to create shows is create something you want to watch because the odds are other people want to watch it too.
Speaker 1: That's so incredible that you would go from making that very a stute observation about Ellen or about that time period having no role models to I mean, my nose is so far up your ass, but you you are that role model, now, you know what I mean? And it's like, thank you for reminding us of this, because it's kind of the same with gay male culture. We've been spoiled our you know, whole cultural lives. There's always been queer men at the four in some ways, but I feel like there was this waste land of a period in the odds and especially in the nineties. But like I remember just being on IMDb message boards being like is this actor again? Like that was our only way of figuring it out right, you know.
Speaker 2: And now how many like not open secrets, but like, how many people just like are gay and are huge stars, like and they're either out or it's not that they're not out, it's just not a thing, not a thing exactly. No one really talks about it. And I guess it's better, right, But it's.
Speaker 1: Like you have like a Coleman Domingo who's like a Best Actor nominee twice over now, and you're like, Oh, it's not hampered you in any way, No, because it's really not a thing.
Speaker 3: It's not a thing in so far as you guys, Being brunette shouldn't be a thing for sure, and being Asian shouldn't be a thing. Being like you're a talented artist with something to say that should be the thing.
Speaker 1: Exactly, which gives me hope for like the way that like trans people still keep getting vilified and keep like getting put through the ringer in terms of like oh, we like them now or we hate them now, we like the man. It's like it's like it seems like society has not figured out how to feel about trans people, especially now. But it's like, oh, but you literally have a trans Best Actress nominee just by all the things that she's done, Yeah, she's still a compelling actress. She's still delivered an amazing performance. It just gives me just it's like, oh, like if we could extrap a hopefully that means something in the near future, that's like pretty incredible.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but that is one of the things that I love about the entertainment business and about being storytellers is that we do sort of help society tip, you know, and I think we were so close to a tipping point with the trans community and with the perception of trans people, and unfortunately the forces of the escape them. They escapegoaded them, and they pulled them, you know, in this tug of war to the other side, and turned people against them, just totally based out of fear and bad statistics.
Speaker 2: It's also wild because that show, The L Word gets rediscovered all the time. In fact, when I was at Coachella last year, Rene Rap performed and she had the cast of The L Word introduce her because it's her favorite show, of course, and just like watching.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, the L Word came back and I think it was the next gen gen Z. You know, that was less for me because I you know, it was more of an OG fan, right, But it was also just I mean just even fashion wise, and you know, just the way in which that we present ourselves. Like you know, when I was growing up in the nineties, you know, it was very like.
Speaker 4: Flannel shirt, unfortunate haircut.
Speaker 1: Times, you know, was the haircut.
Speaker 4: I mean I had a mullet. I did have a mallet.
Speaker 3: We have a late eighties mullet, more of a late eightiesmulllet, like more of a junior high kind of vibe, got it, or like even middle school. I My style icon at the time was Alex P. Keaton from Family Time, By the.
Speaker 1: Way I did. I didn't realize this that he was like a conservative icon well, because not icon, but he was.
Speaker 2: The bit of him was that he had liberal parents and he was an nineteen eighties like young conservative man being like, this is the way we're going to do.
Speaker 4: He was the outlier of his family.
Speaker 3: And I love that show unknowingly because I was the outlier of my even though he was playing this like conservative Republican kid. I related to that character because it was almost as if he was the gay.
Speaker 1: Kid at a Yes, yes, I love it.
Speaker 3: But then the l word, like the fashion was like on point. They were hot, they had cool haircuts, you know, they did cool things, They went out, They forged this whole community and life. You know that I just wanted so badly. And the irony is that just a few years later I got to have it with those act people, those parts and like I just you know, manifestation is real baby, Oh.
Speaker 1: I know it. That's actually so so true, so true. It's also so important to hear you say and to remember write something that you would want to watch, because that actually makes creating so much easier. Yeah, it's one of those sentences.
Speaker 2: And I'm almost connecting it to an improv thing, which is this always makes it easier for me too, which is if this is true, what else is true?
Speaker 1: It's just an easy generator.
Speaker 2: But like, write something that you would want to watch, is like, of course I would do that, you know what I mean? And like and also if you're thinking about it that way, you're not the only one, you know, like, so it's really easy fun in Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also it's gonna make it a better rite told you of course if you want to you know, if that's the kind of thing you were going to be interested in watching, you'll be more interested in writing it too, And it won't make it as painful of a process that it was always painful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when was when were you out? So? Like, how far along in your queer journey were you when Elward fell upon your lap? Oh?
Speaker 4: I was I was pretty far.
Speaker 3: I mean I was like twenty six or twenty seven, So I mean that's how long of a darth I was operating.
Speaker 4: And I mean I was.
Speaker 3: I kissed my first girl at sixteen, totally seduced by a girl who had gone to boarding school new things I didn't and thank you so much and love. I didn't really know exactly what I was because I had actually weirdly been boy crazy before I had kissed a girl then.
Speaker 4: Became crazy, and so you know, this was long before.
Speaker 3: Fluidity or even bisexuality was like a really accepted thing, and so I wasn't really I was like still sort of trying to figure myself out. And my mother, at seventeen years old, so I'm a senior in high school, gave me a letter and she said, you're going to read this in the car and I'm going to drive and you're gonna read it in front of me. And she was driving me to my SAT tutor at the time. And I opened it up and it was two poems. One poem was a daughter talking to the mother. It rhymed and it was something like, I don't know what to say when a girl walks by my way. I think I might be gay and I'm reading this and I'm in no way, shape or form ready to come out. Then the second letter is actually a poem from the mother to the daughter, also rhyming, and it says something like, you know, have no doubt we'll figure it out, like that kind of thing. And I was stunned. So my mother outed me at seventeen. I'm gonna guess a full five years before I would have probably done so myself.
Speaker 4: And so that really started my journey.
Speaker 1: Did that feel like an active kindness or we an active like shock, like like oh I would please, yeah, what or did it feel like an imposition?
Speaker 4: It was a shock.
Speaker 3: I would call it a shock because I wasn't ready, of course, and I appreciate that she saw me, but she almost like saw me too well. It's like, you know, she saw the X ray version of me, where you know, like it was bones and everything, and I wasn't really ready for that, and I was mostly not ready to tell my father, who at the time was quite homophobic, and so I was like, it was please don't tell dad. I mean it's nineteenninety four, nineteen eighty four, so please don't tell dad. And then of course that night my father who's like very Brooklyn comes home and he's like, your mother said, you might have something that you might want to talk about. You have some questions, and I'm like, let me tell you who. I don't want to ask these questions too, yea. So I said, I just I have to say I really admire myself at that age because I was very sell I don't know, I was self possessed. And I said, yeah, you know, I have been having questions but it's okay, you know, and you know, I think I like girls, but I also like boys and blah blah blah. And he kind of started to cry, which was very shocking because he's a really tough guy. And then he said he wanted me to go get my head checked by a psychiatrist.
Speaker 4: And I said, I'll only go if you come with me.
Speaker 3: And I was like it was just such a weird time. So we went, and I was seventeen. All I really cared about was driving, Like I wasn't ready to like profess anything about who I would be or end up being with or anything like that. So we go all together. She gives me a psychological evaluation, we all meet separately with her, then we all meet together as a family with her. She said I was the most mentally stable teenager she had ever had in her office, and that I didn't need therapy, but she recommended that my parents stay on. Oh wow, I swear to God. We walk out of her office. My father gave me the case of the cars the first time they let me drive the car our home.
Speaker 1: You have you written about this? This is incredible.
Speaker 4: I've written a version of it.
Speaker 3: I did a short film with my sister, Rebecca Feldman, who's a very talented writerom director in her own right. We did a short film called My First Time Driving. But I should say it's worth a revisit. It's worth a revisit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's stunning.
Speaker 2: Just like that image of them allowing you to drive them while they've been told that as full grown adults they may have like more to figure out. I mean, it's wild. I mean, I mean when I was a little kid, might I'll never forget. One of the things that my dad told me and I internalized was my dad's also a very long island guy, and I remember he said to me, he was like, I know everything, and if you ever have a question, you come to me and I will give you the answer because I know everything okay, cool, and so I think that he was just trying to make sure I didn't, you know, act out and go try and I think it was well intentioned. Every thing my father ever did as well intentioned. But internalizing that and then realizing that he, like any man in the nineties and aughts, you know, like that's like my dad's a varsity football baseball coach, you know, and then the culture around us, you know, like very like patriarchal, male dominated culture. And I do mean in all ways as we all know. But to start to feel like my identity was at odds with what that society was saying was tough.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't like.
Speaker 2: I could go to my dad with that question because I don't know that in two thousand and four he would have had the right thing to say. Ultimately, he did and was lovely and is lovely and such a supporter and like such a wonderful, lovely man. But it's hard when your parents are supposed to be this thing, yeah, and then you realize they're human. And so it sounds like in that story is what happened was not only did you confront and realize parents' humanity.
Speaker 1: But it was confirmed for you.
Speaker 3: It was, it really was, and my parents had marital problems, and.
Speaker 4: I realized too.
Speaker 3: It was my mother who had sort of whispered in my ear, saying, tell your father that you won't go to therapy without him, And.
Speaker 4: It was because she really wanted to go to therapy with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 3: She was sort of trying to save her relationship. And you know, spoiler alert, they're divorced. And but you know, that was the beginning, certainly of seeing them as fallible, you know, vulnerable people for sure.
Speaker 1: And all that catalyzed by your mom making you read this poem in the car.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: It's like something was kind of foisted on you in that way.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I think it's because my mom ultimately is a very liberal and very accepting person. I think she knew who I was for long before I did, and I think she knew that I had a father that would be oppositional to that, and I think she was also trying to sort of, you know, bolden me and protect me and also literally change him. And it took a minute, but he is a totally evolved person in that way. He's eighty eight years old. He was like, yeah, God willing, I hope so. But like, you know, he like gave a beautiful toast at my wedding, and you know, I mean like he has really come around.
Speaker 2: It's lovely to see not people change, sure, but men change, you know what I mean, Like just to watch a straight man like that's a very you have to be. And I don't give a lot of credit, but I will say that, you know, I really respect when my dad stands up to his friends who like Trump, you know what I mean. My dad will give it to these guys that like Trump.
Speaker 1: Like, and you know, my dad wasn't a My dad was a phyz ed teacher, like varsity sports coach for a very long time, surrounded by attitudes that suck, yea, attitudes that fucking suck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's really hard to be the person being like, hey, knock it off, like care for women, care for minorities, care for queer people, care for trans people. But there's a lot of people out there doing it, and I think it's important, and I also I just want to acknowledge that change is very.
Speaker 1: Difficult for some people, and you do have to be brave. Yes, you have to be very brave to do that.
Speaker 4: You really do, you really do.
Speaker 3: And I have to credit the fact that my father married a woman thirty years younger than him after my parents got divorced, and so you know, she has really helped him modernize.
Speaker 4: Wait, but can I can I just.
Speaker 3: Say that question you asked earlier of when you were asking what's the age that you wish that you could be? My answer is thirty five?
Speaker 1: Really, yes, wow, because.
Speaker 3: I got married at thirty five and that was such a lifelong goal of mine that I thought would never.
Speaker 1: Be married married to make it, yeah, my lifelong dream and that's that, so being clear, and that's if I make it to third I.
Speaker 2: Remember saying it out about it, yeah, please the moment the moment I realized I was gay, the moment I remember I was eleven years old, and I remember the moment. I remember thinking the emotion was abject terror because I was like I'll die, yeah for sure, or like the world would have totally changed from what it is right now for me to like ever be okay with this or tell people about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so yeah, honestly, like you say, I like to make it to thirty five, But I couldn't see thirty five for myself because, as you were saying earlier, where were the examples of it?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Where were the examples in media of us?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, it's true. I mean, like so yeah, this sort of poignant to have said that. But I you know, when I was growing up, for most of my adulthood, gay marriage was not legal, and it was I took it so personally because why is that a dream I'm not allowed to have right now? And so when I finally met my wife, I was thirty one, and we didn't get married till we were thirty till I was thirty five because it literally was illegal because of Prop.
Speaker 1: Eight.
Speaker 3: And at a certain point I got so mad that I was waiting for like a lot of change to do a thing that I felt very inherently, you know, was it my right?
Speaker 4: Was?
Speaker 3: Was my God given human right to be able to express my love for another person in front of my family and friends? And so we actually went to New York where it had become legal. We got married legally in New York, then came back had our like wedding wedding in LA and six weeks later Prop eight overturned. Wow, so long we didn't wait for the man. Yeah, we did what We did it the way we wanted to know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I was a wonderful time in my life thirty five and just you know, being able to fulfill this dream with this wonderful person, my wife Rachel, and so I would say, thirty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think it's a very for some reason, as good age, the age you're going to be next, right, I can't wait November? Maybe November. Okay's my Scorpio child? Oh okay, child.
Speaker 3: Of course you do you know that Pisces are like my people, what are you a cancer?
Speaker 4: No, I'm a Gemini.
Speaker 1: We all get along. We get along very well, like Scorpio, like we have our like we get we get a bad rat. I think Scorpio and Gemini is really because everyone clutches their pearls when we tell them they are and we're like, it's not. You guys are the ones that got the big reaction. And I always get all.
Speaker 3: Well, Pisces, I for some reason, like I gravitate especially professionally towards Pisces, silver tree Pisces.
Speaker 1: I think Hutchinson a.
Speaker 3: Pisces yes, I mean Carrot Apollo, another wonderful writer on the show. Pisces. Yeah, Maddie Dollywall another writer on the store.
Speaker 1: You know, your shows are very Pisces. How interesting I believe that they are are because it's like we're dead to me, it's like, which, by the way, we I actually have to say while you're here, that was That's that's going to be looked back on as one of the great shows. That's one of the great shows. It's one of the.
Speaker 2: Great shows with two of the great performances. Are performances, I just I mean, they're so brilliant. But the fact that it's a relationship that on paper at the on the beginning of the show like should not work at all for X Y Z and beyond reasons. But it's just the the connection and the empathy that they have for each other, because that's really what it's based.
Speaker 1: In, is empathy. Yeah, that's very Pisces. It is.
Speaker 3: I feel like you guys have a very.
Speaker 1: Similar scorpio Pisces is.
Speaker 4: Everything have a lot of empathy for each other.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what I when I'm talking about when I see like there's that warmth between you.
Speaker 1: It's an irrigated system. It's it's water kind of like the pipes. The pipes are working. We're water cycle. Yes, we condemn, we precipitate. Okay, yeah, we're mixing metaphors, but I.
Speaker 4: Get them still, they're mixing that. I'm liking.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: How you know how? You know why that happens. It's because I often don't understand the metaphor no, and don't quite stick the landing on the metaphor.
Speaker 1: I don't know my.
Speaker 2: Words, but I do know my heart. That is one of the most piscy sayings, and it's my saying. It used to be on a throat pillow that we would sell on a merch website.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'd buy that.
Speaker 1: We will we will do, We'll do it, we'll do, we'll do more merch, the will you more merch? And year nine of Lost Coach.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Lost Coach, it's a podcast that has a segment and uh, it's coming up right now. So this is I don't think so honey and I don't think so honey. To sort of break it down, is a sixty second segment where each person on the podcast its hosts and it's guests or guests.
Speaker 1: Goes off for sixty seconds. Thing in pop culture that absolutely needs a dragging. And I said in the car we were just driving back from our shoot. Yeah, and I said, I had something and I'm gonna do it. Okay, this is something that is in the culture and it's remained. It's not having it's not as big as it used to be, but I still it's more personal. Anyway, here we go. Okay, this is Matt Rogers. I don't think so honey as time starts now, I don't think so honey cameo. I can't because and here's the thing. It's not that I don't like it as a service.
Speaker 2: I do think so honey, like everyone like getting getting money from cameo, doing it, participating in it. Whenever I get a cameo gift, I cannot watch it. I'm too embarrassed that the person is talking to me. Like if I ever opened a cameo, like years ago, you got me one for my birthday from Sandra Diaz Twine Survivor Icon and I literally had to watch it in pieces, like throughout a couple of days because I couldn't believe she was talking to me. It's so intimate, cameo, I don't think so, honey, you're looking at.
Speaker 1: Me in my eyes through the phone.
Speaker 2: My friend Nico got one from Tom Sandalvall the other day and I have never watched it.
Speaker 1: Beau, come, I'm too embarrassed. Like it's like it's just it's something I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: It's like when the Culture Awards happened and people said in their videos, there's one I have never watched five seconds.
Speaker 1: I just can't. I don't think so, honey. Celebrities live your life, don't think about me.
Speaker 5: I don't talk to me.
Speaker 1: And that's for twenty five dollars for Tom to talk to you. No.
Speaker 2: It was Nico's birthday a couple of weeks ago and he was sent one from Tom Sandoval and I was just like I saw all my friends talking about it and I was like, I can't watch it. There's something about because I've gotten them from like Housewives before, because those are fun ones because you know they're all on camera and you get it and you're just like like, I don't know, like like what what they're told to say to you? When the way that it's not personal, it's literally filtered and so maybe it's that I think I'm wasting their time.
Speaker 1: But then again, it's like they're getting and they're getting paid.
Speaker 3: Like the cross section between vulnerability and inauthenticity. Yes, because like it is vulnerable because you're like they need thirty five arms to you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like getting fucked with a bag on your head exactly.
Speaker 4: I don't really get that.
Speaker 1: But yes, again it's intimate, but it's like they don't know who you are and.
Speaker 3: They're like saying things about you, and it feels a little patronizing. Yes, And also but like because you're an empathic person, you feel a little bit like embarrassed for them.
Speaker 1: By the way, I used to do cameos all the time, I say, he's been on. I used to make money doing cameos, especially during the pandemic, because you could just hit there on your phone. You're made nothing but time and just cameo, cameo, cameo, cameo, cameo. Like that's not it. It's it's specifically the act of receiving one. Now that I've done this on the podcast, I'm gonna get tons from my friends who like throw fifty bucks. By the way, it is my birthday. So that's true.
Speaker 4: Now, it's if you had to get a cameo from somebody, who would.
Speaker 1: Yes, it would be a housewife. If I had to get a cameo from someone, well, you know, I got a cameo from poverty a really long time ago, from Survivor, And.
Speaker 2: So I guess because who's the housewife? I can't really go because I'm too scared. You were quite brave with the housewives.
Speaker 1: You're braver than I am. Well, I've been on watching That Happens Life with a bunch of them, but I don't know. It's like maybe maybe one like a Lisa Barlow. Lisa Barlow, I've met Lisa Rena. Get me a cameo from Lisa Rena. I'm happy by the way she and Harry Hamlin have a new podcast and they get into it. Yes, about the husband, let's not talk about the husband. I love that. Okay, So that's mine. Okay, do you have an I don't think so, honey, on today.
Speaker 4: I think it's going to have to follow the two of you.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't worry, please, we don't worry about Okay. This might still be a topic of conversation by the time this episode comes out. I think if if you're talking about it, and we're talking about it, this is Bow and yangs I don't think so, honey, And as time starts now, I don't think so many. All the White Lotus theme song sucks now. It's not customer service. Let Mike White make his creative decisions. He is at the helm of this hit series that you are privileged to be watching, your privilege. You are sitting among you're you're listening to three people who know the ins and outs of show. But it's very well and I'm sure none of us here have complaints about the White Lotus theme. It's a new take on it. It's it's gonna be different, and it's a new location, as the Taslitis poster says, same luxury, new reservations. Something has to be new. I'm just happy to see Lisa acting down. I'm happy. I'm happy to see Parker, to see Parker. I'm happy to see Michelle and Listen and Carrie and all of the stars of The White Lotus season two. I'm so happy that everyone's moaning and bitching and and grow because the second one was such a bop. Of course, but they didn't even it wasn't. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's like, had they tried to make a bop this time and it like kind of flopped, that will be one thing.
Speaker 1: People would have been even more passed. But this is just this is like a score. This is like a different vibe. It has a tie sort of like inflection on it. Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 3: The fact that people are even talking about the theme song, it all shows you how powerful the show is, because when do you ever talk about theme songs? I share you to even hum another one, like there's there there, It's very hard to make one that that's a twenty year old themes.
Speaker 1: I'm loving White Lotus this season.
Speaker 4: Only one Deep.
Speaker 2: Deep, but I watched the first episode twice. I have to say my favorite moment of the whole episode was when Carrie Coon goes upstairs and she's been.
Speaker 1: Being sort of left down by the friends and she has that one he.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, that was and I was waiting for carry Coon to carry Coon.
Speaker 1: You know she's gonna coon out. Yeah, she's gonna carry it out. One of her favorite actors, I would say, she's a.
Speaker 3: Very versatile and very effective actress.
Speaker 2: I was brilliant and she pierces and I love that whole cat.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it's great. You know who else I'm obsessed with as Amy lou Wood, who's the British girlfriend. She's great. Man, I have a Goggins had I love, yeah, love him and everything I see he's going off.
Speaker 2: And also to say nothing of Parker Posy. And let me tell you something, a lot of idiots on Twitter dragging the accent you RelA, you come on, you let Parker Posy do her thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, Posy is gonna putz And let me tell you what, like what a delight? She just opens her mouth and I'm like, I just I'm like smiling immediately. I just there's something that she can just fucking eat. The scenery.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: She wasn't the queen of indie movies for not, like she knows what she's doing. Everybody calm down.
Speaker 2: Like you don't know how to make a choice better than her, And I would suggest you shut up.
Speaker 4: Or rewatch waiting for Guffman. You got when she.
Speaker 1: Wish In this last episode she goes scratch my arm. I'm like, yes, I wonder if that was a fun run.
Speaker 4: But I bowed down to Mike White.
Speaker 3: He's so good at what he does, and evidently he does it all minds by himself, which is so impressive, because I need a room full of writers to lift me up and and to help me see everything through.
Speaker 1: So brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know who's going to be on the show in a few weeks, the speaking of amazing actress created by UCB Natasha Rothwell, we are so excited.
Speaker 3: A legend huge fan of hers. Ye, great, Yes, I love her all right? Oh okay, so I feel okay, I hope that.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, okay, So this is a big moment.
Speaker 4: It's a big moment.
Speaker 1: This is Liz Films. I don't think twenty Are you ready?
Speaker 4: I don't know if I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is Liz Films. I don't think so, honey. Her time starts now.
Speaker 4: I don't think so, honey.
Speaker 3: The Pete's Coffee Shop moving in across the street from the fancy Starbucks, which is next to the Blue Bottle, which is literally also across the street from a coffee bean in my neighborhood.
Speaker 4: Yes, there is an empty.
Speaker 3: Beautiful piece of retail real estate that could be literally anything, but it's going to.
Speaker 4: Be a piece coffee. Look, I have.
Speaker 3: Nothing against Pete's, and I will probably even go there first as like, just as an experiences, but then probably also just every day because it's on my side of the street. But Jesus fucking Christ, how many coffee shops can one square block hold before a fucking sinkhole forms and we all get sucked into the abyss of corporate caffeine driven capitalism? Honey, no one needs that many options for where to get a peppermint, gingerbread, caramel chuck alte.
Speaker 4: Okay, it could be literally anything seconds.
Speaker 3: It could be it could be a planned parent and it could be a trans housecare clinic.
Speaker 4: Or is next door because of r fk oh.
Speaker 1: And it's a fourth coffee shop.
Speaker 3: I wish I was exaggerating. A fourth coffee shop in one square block?
Speaker 1: Can I ask, yes, favor's favor? And why is it here?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest, I walk past all four. However, like go to a local coffee shop?
Speaker 1: You're so right, Yeah, and I usually do. I was gonna say blue bottle, I like, I like a blue bottle, but it's Starbucks, but it's Pete eventually, but it' Starbucks blue bottle. What's the fourth coffee bean? Coffee bean a coffee There is a coffee bean.
Speaker 3: In a parking lot. It's in a parking lot right of an Alberson's.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you guys have a big Alberton's. That one's girl. Oh we used to have Albertons in Colorado. They're all gone now. I think the only ones that are left are in California. That's sad.
Speaker 1: Me mourning a chain a chain after Liz just artfully took down our corporate driven.
Speaker 3: We have nothing wrong with corporate nties, and I shop at places that are.
Speaker 1: Heart podcasts, So shape up.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, no, I.
Speaker 3: Love you, I heart I heart, but I heart I heart but but I mean but truly, Like if you're if you're gonna peel back your efforts to like help people and employ people and protect people, then I'm gonna peel back my dollars.
Speaker 1: You count it is agreed just to have four on one block.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, silly, like like when when that space opened it could we were so excited by the infinite possibilities A bagel store.
Speaker 1: May have.
Speaker 2: May have you know what's funny you wrote may have into one of my characters lines, and I had never heard anyone say the word may happen.
Speaker 1: Mayhaps. We're connected, we are, did is mayhaps in the show that I do? I say it may happen?
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure. I'm pretty sure you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was it per snaps?
Speaker 4: Is Kelly?
Speaker 3: Kelly took mayhaps and fucking and put it on its little side for per snaps.
Speaker 1: But yeah, for snaps, mayhaps is like cool queer similar. Yeah, definitely you you queer words. And I appreciate that as someone who also does this.
Speaker 3: Yes, we I feel like we are very sympatical. I like I love wordplay. Sorry I said it, but I do. I loved it. I'm a ladia letters and I like to I like to mix them around and make them sound fun.
Speaker 2: There was one I did that there was like a tiny little meeting about whether it was too much of a swing and you know what I'm talking about. We had we had a we had a slight snag Orny Weaver, No, you have. They were like, he has to do it the real way because we don't know, but like, we do like.
Speaker 1: It, and I was thank you.
Speaker 3: So let me tell you what made it into the show, And let me tell you what made me laugh every single fucking time, And editing we hit a little snoo corny.
Speaker 1: We that's an ad lib.
Speaker 3: When he's he's with Ray and they're well, I don't want to give anything away for people, but he's with Ray and there's maybe a room that like maybe has a little bit of a stench, and Ray's trying to say, oh, it's rat piss, and He's like, that's human pish.
Speaker 4: I know what human piss smells like. I was single ones.
Speaker 1: I loved that on him. It tells you so much about this has been so much fun.
Speaker 4: I agree, what an honor.
Speaker 3: I feel honestly like when when I was asked to come on, I really thought I was like dreaming or something. This is like, truly truly a dream, super honored. I'm a big fan of you both. I think you're both incredible humans and also just hilarious and a gift.
Speaker 1: Liz, You're a true culture maker and you literally I'm so glad we got to talk about the arc of the l words now for you, which is truly speaking to your impact and the way you put really important things into the world. And I feel like I this this is going to kill me for saying this. But I go on your Instagram and I'm like, oh, thank god, we've got like you're still on it. You're still like out there like saying the thing. We do, be saying the stuff, and it's important stuff.
Speaker 4: You say the stuff, and I love that you need to.
Speaker 1: Say the stuff more. Both of you are are motivating me to say the stuff more.
Speaker 3: I think right now the stuff needs to be said. And if we're not going to say it, who will?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, And with that, here to make friends. March fourteenth, which is a Friday, which is the best day out of It's been a lovely day. And you can stream these Netflix series Dead to Me and No Good Deed because this is the best.
Speaker 1: And we end every episode with a song.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is that a key change? I never thought about that before. That's a key change.
Speaker 2: The Sex and the City theme has a key change. That's actually Rural culture number four, The.
Speaker 1: Sex and the City theme has a key change. Bye Love Culture Retis is the production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players in My Heart radio.
Speaker 2: Podcasts, created and hosted by Matt Rogers and Bowen Yang, Executive produced by Anna Hasnier
Speaker 1: Produced by Beck Ramos, edited mixed by Doug Bammnica board and our music is by Henry Kmerski.