Speaker 1: Hey there, folks. It is Monday, October sixth, and for all intents and purposes, that is it for Gallaine Maxwell. But she has maybe one shot left at freedom. Will Trump give it to her? Welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. Look, no legal expert, A lot of stuff can happen. But now after a Supreme Court says nope, we're not going to know this to UK's either, Gallaine Maxwell, she essentially has one shot left.
Speaker 2: Her only shot is from President Trump, who has been desperately trying to distance himself from Gallainne Maxwell from Jeffrey Epstein for months now. So the idea that he would then give her some sort of a pardon or clemency or some sort of get out of jail free card. What that would do to not just him, but any MAGA politician who aligned himself or herself with Trump following up the decision? I mean it would be political suicide, is what I'm trying to get. And I know he technically doesn't have an opportunity to run for reelection. He certainly doesn't want his base turning on him the way they have, or they did at least initially with the Epstein file. Should they won't, they will they be released saga.
Speaker 1: But don't you think nothing. It seems okay, this is us from the outside, just speaking on what we see, and what we see upsets him. It seems like nothing irks him more than constantly being affiliated with Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 2: That's right, And I think, yes, that might come from a personal place. But also he's very well aware that this is a serious issue with the people who are closest to the people who follow him, who vote for him, who are at his rallies. These are the very group of people who want total transparency, they want justice, and they certainly don't want President Trump doing anything to help Gallaine Maxwell at this point.
Speaker 1: All right, So, and the Supreme Court doesn't want to help either, because that's the news today, folks. Gallainne Maxwell, who, of course, the convicted sex offender. She has been convicted of several crimes associated with Jeffrey Epstein, also the convicted sex offender now dead by Elaine Maxwell, was trying has been trying for years to get her convictions thrown out, her argument being that she was a part of an immunity agreement that Jeffrey Epstein had well, she appealed that appellate court listened and said, nope, let the conviction stand. She then appealed that appellate decision up to the Supreme Court. And today Robes, they said the same thing they did.
Speaker 2: And she was hoping that because Jeffrey Epstein got this sweetheart dealer, or at least that's how it's been referred to in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: Exactly, of course that's what it is.
Speaker 2: But it is, you know, basically saying anyone of his cohorts or anyone who helped him also would be immune from any sort of future convictions. However, that was in the state of Florida. There was nothing that precluded the State of New York from pursuing the charges that it did. And of course, yes, to remind everyone, she is serving twenty years for conspiring with Jeffrey Epstein to sexually abuse minors. It is a serious crime, it is a violent crime, and it is one that she was found guilty of by a jury of her peers.
Speaker 1: Again, this one is and you correct me if this sounds wrong, Rose, but she the argument she's been making in court is not one about her innocence.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: She's making an argument, a technical argument about this immunity deal. The language is down there. I put it in there somewhere, the language of the immunity deal. Yes, the United States will also agree that it will not institute any criminal charges against any potential co conspirators of Epstein. That was in his non prosecution agreement. Like you said, Robes in Florida. Now, that's great, but it's we ain't got to listen to that. We're not bound by that in New York and nowhere else in the world is bound by that. And that's the argument she's been trying to make. Capella judges said, no, this cotis Supreme Court. They we only want to hear it. They did not have to rule on anything. They just said, nah, this is not one we're going to take up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean the fact that they even considered her appeal, because this wasn't typically when they would do something like this was newsworthy in and of itself, but certainly this was done before they typically start their new court term where they discussed which court cases to take on. So them doing this out of session, so to speak, or when they traditionally do it was unusual, But now it's been put to bed. She has no other option, She has no other road to go down to try and up end the conviction she was handed in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: You're right, that made headlines at the time because they woo, something must be cooking here if they're taking this up, and it was out of the ordinary, it was. It was a big headline, so we thought something might be coming they did.
Speaker 2: Nah, Certainly, we saw several things happen when we saw a Deputy Attorney General Blanche meet with her, have those hours long conversations with her, to which we listened to hours of that conversation, or at least certainly the transcripts we read them. And you know, you said she wasn't denying it, or at least that wasn't the basis for this appeal to the Supreme Court. But she does vehemently deny all of her conviction. She says she it was mischaracterized and she didn't know what was going on, YadA YadA, YadA, YadA YadA. But the concern was that because she was talking with the Trump administration, because she then seemingly got some favors handed down to her, which we can get into, there was concern that perhaps there was some sort of backhanded thing going on where the Supreme Court might suddenly take up her argument that she shouldn't have been convicted in the first place.
Speaker 1: That's what the conspiracy theorist right there. However, there were some facts that were lining up to make a lot of people go, wait a second, what is going on? What did you call the prison she's at now it's called something, Oh gosh, club fed, club fed, club fed, club fed. So already folks think about the interview she did with ag Blanche. We got those transcripts, we heard the audio tapes and whatnot, so it's out there. But one of the biggest headlines of the thing that came across is she was adamant never saw Trump do anything wrong, never saw him do anything inappropriate, like she repeated it, and she was gushing in her praise of him. I understand she's trying to get a pardon, but that coupled with the president. Now, if she had a chance of getting a pardon, I don't think, given where he is and where I don't, I don't think. I think her chances went way way way down.
Speaker 2: Oh, given the court of public opinion. I mean, certainly most politicians will read the tea leaves, they will check where the wind's coming from, and they will adjust their sales accordingly. He has permanently affixed his sales as far away from anything to do with Jeffrey Epstein Gallainne Maxwell. And even despite all of his ever to try and change the conversation or change the news headlines, it k kept coming back to this. So I just can't imagine there would be a scenario in which he would want to in any way be a part of Glene Maxwell getting any sort of deal. However, I was shocked. We were all shocked. In the middle of all of the criticism, we did see her move to a much different facility.
Speaker 1: And nobody could explain why.
Speaker 2: Nobody has explained why still, and this has been months.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows why this was outside of normal procedure. Why is she there? Nobody to understand. And again, this is a place for non violent folks. She is a violent sex offender. That is how she's classified, and that type of prisoner or whatever, that classification is not one that would be just walking around roaming freely for the most part at this club fed I can't remember what town it's in. Down there, but it's a.
Speaker 2: It's in Texas.
Speaker 1: It's kind of not a certainly not maximum security, but it kind of roam free. Was there a degree, Well, it is the I apologize that's not what I'm meant, but it's one of these kind of open it's kind of not just fenced in.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent.
Speaker 1: That is the case.
Speaker 2: And so this is it's called a federal prison camp and it's in Brian, Texas, and so yes, there is much lacks er security. I believe they said this is the lowest security of all of the federal prison systems, and this is for non violent offenders. So the fact that she's in there with her violent convictions is something that a lot of this is all reportedly coming from other fellow prisoners. They were not happy about being housed now with somebody who is in a very different category than they are, So that didn't seem fair to any of the other folks who were there. Elizabeth, Elizabeth Holmes is there. How did I forget her last name? That's funny, but that's the type of criminal. It's a high profile crime, certainly, but this was one. This was a white collar crime, as they say it. So that's typically what you see in this prison, so it is highly unusual and it has raised a lot of brows that she is at this prison camp.
Speaker 1: Okay, do I have it right? Wasn't it the exact same weekend, the very weekend after the interviews with ag Blanche?
Speaker 2: It would be hard to give a reason, and that's probably why they didn't give a reason as to why or even speaking to the timing of this move was made. And they just I think they did say there were sources who came out and said, hey, this was a matter of security. She has threats against her life. This was what was best for everyone, and the Bureau of Prisons made the decision to move this prisoner where they deemed it to be safest and best. And that was kind of the end of it. But of course we have lots of journalists asking questions about the next steps for Galaine and what may happen.
Speaker 1: I forgot, We've never got the answer to that. I'll speculate for a second, Say he pardons her, what's that backlash going to be. What's how explosive of a revolt would it be?
Speaker 2: Look, I think right now he's still dealing with statues being put up on the National Mall with him holding hands and frolicking with Jeffrey Epstein people constantly. I love that verd when it comes to the statue because that is exactly what it depicts, frolicking. When he went to the UK, he has, you know, pictures of him and Jeffrey Epstein and even Malania up there with Epstein greeting him. Actually cast onto a huge castle for all to see. Windsor castle. I mean, everywhere he goes in the world, he is being hounded and shadowed by these images of him. Whether people have to put up a screen show on a castle or a big ten foot statue on the National Mall, this is something he cannot shake. So I can't imagine he would want to invite more criticism and almost confirm the suspicions that are out there.
Speaker 1: And I think, look, I was thrown off a little bit, but I couldn't really believe the backlash. We talk about his base and I think he said was the line he said, I could choose somebody in the middle of the highway of the Fifth Avenue.
Speaker 2: I believe he said.
Speaker 1: And my folks was still vote for me, whatever it was. But this is one of those things. We always think he's just no matter what he does, they're gonna stick with their guy. I was surprised at how many people just by them saying we're not gonna release any more files, there is no list, and oh, by the way, confirmed he killed himself. Just stating those three things was enough that folks lost it. To then pardon this lady.
Speaker 2: That would just be I can't imagine anyone could. I know he thinks, and he has certainly been able to keep a loyal following despite a lot of stuff that's come out. This might be the nail in his coffin if he went this way. Now here's the interesting thing. You have these reporters asking questions of the White House. They have never flat out said no, President Trump is not going to pardon Gallainne Maxwell. They have never even indicated that. And in fact, when ask again today there was a vague response.
Speaker 1: Well how vague.
Speaker 2: It was pretty vague. This is what and this is similar to what we've heard before. When White House Press Secretary Carolyn Levitt told reporters today October six that she was unaware if Trump had been asked to pardon Maxwell, saying it's not something I've heard discussed.
Speaker 1: So this saying it hasn't even come up, so it's not.
Speaker 2: No, she's saying she hasn't heard of it being discussed. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, or it hasn't been discussed or isn't being discussed.
Speaker 1: She's doing that plausible deniability thing. They left her out of it on purpose, maybe suggesting vague. I mean, what is I cannot remember the answers they've given.
Speaker 2: Something similar to that. Trump has said, no one's asked me. I haven't heard anything. So that's kind of and so I think that is interesting because of course it doesn't shut the door completely on it. And then Carolyn Levitt did follow up with this, we don't comment on clemency requests that may or may not have been made.
Speaker 1: But when they were asked about Diddy, he started talking and said, you know what, they haven't asked me yet. It might be I like some of use it Dada. So we shall see now as we're discussing this here what it seems to everybody. Yes, the Supreme Court told her No, she is out at least of legal options when it comes to this appeal. However, we will tell you after this what her attorney says they want to do now moving forward, They at least think they've got some maybe vague options too.
Speaker 2: Welcome okay, I.
Speaker 1: I had done so well.
Speaker 2: I didn't say welcome aback for at least three weeks. But there I go again.
Speaker 1: Shu kept up with me.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to I hope you're not taken aback, but welcome back to Amy and DJ. We are talking about the Supreme Courts. Fairly interesting and big decision today to not consider Glainne Maxwell's appealed to her twenty twenty one conviction. She felt like the immunity deal that Jeffrey Epstein struck back in two thousand and seven should basically nullify the conviction she had by the State of New York. But hey, that was the state of Florida where that deal was struck, not the State of New York. Supreme Court didn't rule on its validity or not. They just said, we're not even going to consider it at this point.
Speaker 1: Rejection. I mean, that's got to say something about the case.
Speaker 2: We don't even want to hear what you have to say. That's the ultimate. Yeah, no, thanks, We're just not interested.
Speaker 1: You may have seem so personal with that, because we've all been victim of that in some way form of fashion. Maybe it was a mother, maybe it was somebody you were dating, don't even.
Speaker 2: Want to hear Yes, oh yeah, I did hear that from my mom quite a bit. So yes, that makes a lot of sense. Now everyone is pointing to her only option being a Trump pardon, and we've just gone over why that seems extremely highly like beyond any realm of possibility that Trump would ever consider that. If he understands what the political temperature is about this and this subject, he wants to get it far away from this as possible.
Speaker 1: But they think they have some options. Now we don't know what they could be. These would have to be hail Mary's of some kind. But whatever option she has now, it would be almost flucish, if you will. It would have to be some deal somewhere that she struck.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Her attorney made an interesting comment after this, talking about the disappointment, but said, quote, the fight isn't over. Serious legal and factual issues remain, and we will continue to pursue every happnue available to ensure that justice is done. Not exactly sure what that means, Not exactly sure what those options could be, but they say they're not just gonna sit around and wait for this sentence to be over. She's still trying to get out of prison.
Speaker 2: So the problem is she's perjured herself before, and so anything that she says, it's just incredibly difficult to believe at this point. And do most of us believe she knows? And do the victims say she knows? They absolutely concur that she does. But all of them have I mean, those who are speaking out have all said everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie.
Speaker 1: And I mean, now she has an incentive to say exactly what she needs to say that benefits her. That's one thing people are pointing to that look members of Congress, they they have to answer to their constituents. They have to get themselves on news, they have to look like they're tough on crime. If they want to bring her to Capitol Hill have her testify, what kind of deal can be struck? I actually don't know, but that's an option at least that was on the table. The possibility were so desperate to get information from this lady that they were willing to cut a deal.
Speaker 2: The only I was just going over in my head. What would be any sort of motivation for President Trump to pardon her or give her a get out of jail free card, even at the end of his presidency, as so many presidents do. They'll just drop huge, huge pardon bombs on their way out. But what would be his incentive other than the fact that she had something on him that she could have given up, that she could have said, that she could have thrown at him and so so. Yes, But then if he did do that, then everyone would put those two things together, and his legacy, which you know he cares significantly about, would be blown up. So it just unless there is actually something real that she could be holding over his head there, I cannot think of any reason why he would pardon her or give her any sort of clemency.
Speaker 1: She would have played that card by now, wouldn't She would had something on him that if he was afraid of her, exactly, I should have played that card a while ago.
Speaker 2: And for all the folks, you know, a lot of people it's interesting, have all talked about what she knows, and certainly she knows more than anyone alive could possibly know. But you know, she and her lawyers say she's had threats in her life. Her lawyers say she's scared for her safety, so it is interesting that she was moved to a lower security prison. There are so many questions I have about someone who they claim is at risk based on the information she may or may not have, or based on the fact that people in prison don't like people who mess around with young children. But there are still I guess a few avenues. I don't the lawyers didn't get specific, but we will be looking for any sort of new headline as to whether or not this she has a case going forward, if she is planning on still giving any sort of information to Congress, And certainly I think a lot of folks from the top on down would like this to be a chapter that goes away.
Speaker 1: At this point, I would too, I mean, point, do you ever close? This has ever done? Is there ever enough information out there that satisfies the American public? Is there ever enough punishment that's done? Is there ever anything that's gonna make those victims feel better? I do not know, but this just keeps dragging, and what they say every time, it's like you're not even opening up a new of the same wound. Like new wounds they keep revictimized. That's what they are saying, victimized all over again by this stuff. My goodness.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe this is one of the final, if not the final chapters in the Gallaine maxwells Sock. We shall see, but thank you for listening to us, every one. I made me roboch alongside TJ. Holmes. We will talk to you soon.