Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: From the most trusted journalists at Comedy Central's America's only sorts for news.
Speaker 1: This is the Daily Show with your host.
Speaker 3: Ronny Say, Hey, welcome to the Daily Show on Ronnie Shank.
Speaker 4: We got so much to talk about tonight, South Korean sample martial law and say no thanks. Lewis Black tells you how to survive the next four years, and Pete Hegseth is on day three of his newsbnder. So let's get into another edition of Trump two point zero coming for the White House. I'm gonna come. Ronald Trump is still constructing his next administration, but he seems to be doing it the same way that that Bill and Ned built that Titanic submarine. Because it's imploding. Immediately pick in peril.
Speaker 5: Pete heg sat back on the hill with his bid for Defense Secretary in doubt?
Speaker 4: Will another Trump nominee be forced out?
Speaker 6: A growing number of Senators to signal they are not behind Trump's Defense secretary nominee Pete hegsaf who is the president that considering to replace him?
Speaker 5: Will Pete hegsas nomination survive the day?
Speaker 4: It's a real question. Wow, this will be very sobering news for Pete Heggsef if he wasn't shitfaced right now, I mean, if Hegsef doesn't get confirmed, this is really gonna make people question Trump's strategy of giving the most unemployable people on Earth the hottest jobs that ever existed. And honestly, I kind of feel bad for this guy. I mean, he had it made a cushy job on Fox News, a side hustle, selling macho garbage on right wing Instagram, a loving third and then Trump comes along and offers him a job, and now his life is kind of fed up. I mean, who could have seen that coming other than Matt Gates, Mike Pence, Thruly Giuliani, Michael Cohen and everyone else Trump has ever come into contact with. Hey, anyone heard from hermann Kin lately? He's dead. Google it. And maybe one of the reasons why Pete Hegseth can't seem to extinguish this dumpster fire of his nomination is because more people keep throwing garbage into the dumpster.
Speaker 7: Yesterday, new allegations of excessive drinking also emerging about the decorated combat veteran. NBC newho spoke with ten Current and former Fox News employees who worked with Hegseth on one of the network's morning shows and say the former co host drank in ways that concerned them too, saying on more than a dozen occasions they smelled alcohol on Hegseth before he went on air.
Speaker 4: Okay, before you judge, yes, his show starts at six in the morning, but he was still drinking from the night before. Okay, so it's not sad, it's awesome. I will say it's weird that we're arguing about the drinking because even if he was stone cold sober, he's the TV host who ran two veterans organizations into the ground. He's not qualified to run the Pentagon anyway. Okay. This is like saying, hey, yo, this cat can't be pilot. He has a drinking problem. Okay, then maybe this cat can be your Pilot's very cute, but you know what this might be for the best. The first step to the sobriety is your co workers admitting that you have a problem. And look, we don't have any hot evidence that Peter Hegseth was drinking before work, but if you watched his show very carefully, you might have picked up some subtle clues that he liked to knock him back. I've always wanted to do this. Look at that. I will not be abstaining from alcohol. Possession is nine tenths. We have more hours.
Speaker 8: Maybe if I do well, I'll get a pint, a little bit of champagne.
Speaker 4: There you go, I'm gonna get another refill.
Speaker 9: Hold on Champagne is my problem when it comes to hangovers.
Speaker 4: It just but it.
Speaker 2: Fixes the problem in the morning because then you have a little bit more champagne and then your problem goes away.
Speaker 4: Again. The show as at six am, but as Pete heggsas always says, he eleven am somewhere. So HeiG Seth is losing the president, He's losing the senators, He's losing his coworkers. I mean, does he have anyone left on his side?
Speaker 5: This just in Pete Hegsays's mother just sitting down for an interview.
Speaker 10: He's very smart, he loves his country. He's a good dad. He's an amazing son and father. I wouldn't be sitting here if I didn't believe he's the man for the job.
Speaker 4: What kind of parent teacher conference are we watching right now? Because the future Secretary of Defense needs his mom to come out and defend him. I thought you were against women in combat roles. And besides, I never saw Donald Rumsfeld be like, hey, I have a warning for the Taliban. Mom, you tell him now. The reason Pete's mom is part of the story is because a few years ago, during his second divorce, his mom sent him an email where she called him her own son, an habitual cheater, liar, and abuser of women. But now she's saying, eh, don't worry about it.
Speaker 10: Let's go back seven years. Which if we all went back seven years, we would we would see that maybe we're not the people we are today. I want people to look at Pete understanding for who he is today and to disregard the media that was seven years ago, and most of it is this information.
Speaker 4: What misinformation. You wrote the email. You're the one who told us he's a piece of shit. And by the way, seven years ago wasn't ancient history. Okay, we we still have the same spider man like. Overall, things don't look good for Ptesef, But the good news is he has the perfect solution, because then you have a little bit more champagne, and then your partment goes away. Okay, but thank Buddha. Let's move on to a story that doesn't involve Trump right now. Yesterday, out of nowhere, the incredibly unpopular president of South Korea declared martial law, and then a few hours later, after everyone got mad, he was like, you know what, I forget it. That was a stupid idea. How about how about that Rose song? But how about that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: To me, the craziest thing about this whole episode is what happened in South Korea during the few hours of my law, the announcement sparking massive protests and soul.
Speaker 8: This woman's confrontation with an armed soldier going viral as she screams, aren't you embarrassed?
Speaker 1: At him?
Speaker 4: Holy shit? She knows that's a gun, right, She's grabbing it like it's a thing that doesn't shoot bullets. She's like, this is this a vacuum clean up? What's this button? Do I want to see it? This wasn't the only time a protest to shoot up to the military in South Korea. Check out this dude when a soldier tries to take his phoney. I know everyone thinks all Asians no martial arts, and let me be clear, stereotypes are harmful. But did you see that that shit? That dude single handedly a Keno the soldier into surrendering. I mean that uncle is either really protective of democracy or very concerned about what people are gonna see on his phone. By the way, Trump, if you're paying attention, can we get that guy a section of defense? I mean, his defense is incredible. He just did that. For more on the fallout in South Korea, let's go live outside the South Korean Parliament with Josh Johnson. Josh Jush Juss what's going on over there?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Look, you seriously asking me?
Speaker 4: I feel like you might know more about this than me. Why come on, Ronnie? You know why? Well, because I'm the host. No, because I'm more well read than you. That's not it. Because I've been a looking No.
Speaker 8: Because it's a Korea story and you're uh eh from around there.
Speaker 4: What the man? I'm not Korean? You okay, I'm I'm Malaysia. That's a totally different country.
Speaker 8: Calm down, Malaysian has Asian in it.
Speaker 4: It's closer than me. I'm clearly out of my depth here.
Speaker 8: The politics, the language, even the food they offer me, some of their soul food and not one candid yam or collar brand.
Speaker 4: Josh. I don't expect you to just know what's going on there. We send you there to do a report. Okay, So just do your job and ask around. And what do you think I'm doing.
Speaker 8: I found an Asian person and I am asking around right now.
Speaker 4: That's racist, dude, all right, what you're black? So what I'm supposed to ask you about? What's going on in Zimbabwe? Oh? Zimbabwe going through it, Ronnie?
Speaker 8: All right, they just had to raise interest rates to thirty six percent to keep the currency from an inflation crisis which could collapse President Monogua's government.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that's a lucky that's a lucky guess. Okay, economies collapsing in Africa, that's all of that's racist. You're racists. Look, just give me your best analysis of what's going on in Korea right now? All right?
Speaker 8: Well, frankly, I'm not surprised at all. We've all known for years that Kim Jong ung is crazy. Of course he's gonna pull some shit like this.
Speaker 4: John, that's North Korea. Okay, you're in South Korea. It's a different country.
Speaker 8: Damn, Ronnie. The Asian guy seems to know a lot about Asia.
Speaker 4: I guess I'm racist and right, God damn it, forget it, Josh Johnson, everybody. When we come back, Louis Black, walk your jove the election, so don't go away, Welcome back to the Daily Show. When the news story falls through a cracks, Lewis Black catches it for a segment we call back in Black.
Speaker 12: It's already been a month since the election. I guess time flies when I'm not ripping out what's left my tubes since Trump's victory. Half the country excited in the other half is still at home in the fetal position.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 12: I'm coping by shutting off the news for a while and watching something a little cozier like who killed John Benet Ramsey?
Speaker 10: Baby?
Speaker 12: It's cold outside and so is this case. But for o those Democrats able to leave the house, this is what they're doing.
Speaker 9: An art installation on the walls of a Fourteenth Street subway stop is encouraging people to put their thoughts on post it notes. It invites everyone to leave their feelings about this week's presidential election.
Speaker 13: But things like I'm so scared, but I love this life more than I fear darkness.
Speaker 4: What the is this.
Speaker 12: Call me old fashioned, but if you have a breakdown on the subway, you're supposed to jump in front of it. Subway walls are for only two things, mysterious piss stains and adds for shen Yuni. Sure it's a cult, but those concubines sure can boogie.
Speaker 1: And who are.
Speaker 12: These people writing their deepest feelings on a train platform. The only subway thoughts I have are is that guy shitting?
Speaker 4: And why am I being stabbed? In that order?
Speaker 12: But if writing postage is a little too subtle, you can react to the election loss the American way.
Speaker 1: Violence.
Speaker 4: Rage rooms are seen a spike in business since the election. It's a place where you can go in smash plates and televisions, anything else you can find to let off steams.
Speaker 8: In fact, in the immediate days after the election, they say the number of reservations have tripled, a unique way to smash away that stress.
Speaker 12: Look out, everyone, the Libs are pissed and they're coming for Grandma's fine China. Democrats can't even get mad correctly, Conservative storm the capitol. Meanwhile, Democrats are like, are these crowbars ethically sourced? When shit gets bad, you don't smash things like a toddler.
Speaker 4: You let it eat.
Speaker 12: Away at you from the inside, like a big boy with stretch related hemorrhoids, which reminds me this segment is brought to you by preparation age.
Speaker 4: Preparation.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 12: I'm old, I'm angry, and.
Speaker 4: I'd like some free preparation.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 12: But if you'd like to be sad without getting a shard of glass and your retina, you could always venture outdoors and get in touch with your inner coyote.
Speaker 10: Liberal women are holding what they call primal scream events to release their fury, screeching at the top of their lungs at Lake Michigan.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me get this straight.
Speaker 12: Plan A for the Democrats was to vote, and Plan B is to scare the puck out of sturgeon. I don't know about you, but I'm feeling optimistic about twenty twenty eight. Trust me, screaming doesn't change anything. I've been doing it for forty years and I'm still at the same Dutch God, I've wasted my life. But if screaming beside a lake doesn't cure your election blues, maybe riding on a boat.
Speaker 5: Will, and at the presidential elections make you want to jump from America for a little while. Well, Billa Vee Residences is a cruise line that actually lets you take up long term dwelling aboard its Odyssey ship. Now there's a one year escape from the reality or a two year midterm selection. And if your election hangover is just really, really bad, well there's a three year everywhere but home and a four year skip forward option.
Speaker 1: Ooh, a four year cruise Sign me up.
Speaker 12: What better cure for an election hangover than half a decade of pinatcladas and freeze dried scallops. Trump's gonna slash Medicaid just in time for me to get super herpes from a Swiss widow. Now that every country in the world can see that liberals are terrified, the smart ones are cashing in.
Speaker 11: Well, a small Italian village is offering cheap homes to Americans who want to leave the US.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so the town of Olol has moved in ready homes. We're up to ten thousand bucks homes that need a little TLC.
Speaker 4: They're available for just over a dollar.
Speaker 11: Village officials hope this will revive it after its population decline.
Speaker 12: Oh great, an Italian village whose population disappeared. That doesn't sound ominous at all. I'm happy to buy an abandoned home and find out what disemboweled all the cattle. Listen America, maybe, but that doesn't mean I moving into Luigi's haunted mansion. Bus Plus America already has a creepy Italian shithole. It's called New Jersey. But wow, not what I expected. But hey, if you're willing to spend good money to avoid these next four years, I'm willing to take it to you. Okay, take it from you. That's why I'm offering a product of my own.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: I call it the Forever Sleepy Time Brick hauh.
Speaker 12: Just shackle it to your foot and find the nearest body of water. Screaming optional.
Speaker 4: Ronnie, all right, thank you, war I's black. Everyone won't come back. Tom Polk, Oh.
Speaker 6: We join you on the Shaws Don't go well.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to day Show. I guess as an eighth time James Beard Award winning chef restaurant here and head judge on Bravo's hit series Top Chef. He's the author of a new cookbook memoir called Why I Cook. Please welcome the Great Tom colickya the most respected chefs in America. Thanks for coming on the show. Great to me, you great person as well. I uh, your book, cookbook and memoir. You've managed to trick us into reading about your story in between you you kind of hide it in between these recipes. Yea and very It's well written. I encourage everyone to go read it. You know, for a chef, the stereotype is everyone's very angry, but you write this with so much love. What is the real you?
Speaker 5: This is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's because on this there's I know this is kind of like a hacky uh question, but I just got to ask it because you also bring up in the in the memoir when you are up and coming you're being trained by these legendary chefs. The training in the kitchen was pretty hardcore. And yeah it was people yelling at you.
Speaker 14: And people were yelling, but I know, I think there's a reason for that. Especially when I was in France working, I got a sense that they couldn't communicate any other way. That's the only way they can actually like get get get a point across, right, yelling and screaming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so you got used to it, right.
Speaker 4: But I mean even in America, you're training Americans, the American chef. Same thing though, So I guess my question to you is like.
Speaker 1: Two different languages.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because because I feel like I don't know enough about cooking at all. But with comedy, I feel like there is a certain amount of toxicity that you need to endure to get good at this, you know, And so do you feel the same way with cooking? You know? I guess what would you say to all these woke sissies who complaining all being mistreated in the kitchen, like like, really, are you, like, hey, like tough enough or are you, like hey, something not anymore?
Speaker 14: No, we don't do that anymore. No, no, we can't do that. No, things have changed this and this when I when I was coming up, was forty years ago. It was a very different world that we lived in. And it was you know, there wasn't a whole lot of you know, in your face screaming, yelling, but it was a lot of hard, long hours and there was a lot expected of you. But it wasn't the the the yelling and screaming that you think about. But the misogyny was obviously there, the sort of machismo, you know, the kitchen. You know, you know, you burnt yourself, that was a badge of honor. How sometimes you burnt your arms and things like that and so, but I think that's a lot of that's going away, right.
Speaker 4: But I guess the question against you is like, is that is it going away for the is it good that is going away? Or do you feel like something's missing in the transfer of knowledge or No.
Speaker 14: I don't think that thing's missing in the transfer knowledge. I think that it's going away for the right reasons. You know, the idea of getting to do something through intimidation doesn't really work.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe maybe it works in the military.
Speaker 14: I have no idea, but it's certainly it's certainly isn't isn't necessary to get your point across. And I think also if you look back to you know, chefs that we were running kitchen in.
Speaker 4: Trump, you actually actually I spoke to a military guy about this because I'm as a as a Asian buzzler who grew up in simple Malaysia. I've been yelled at my whole life to where learning was being yelled at, and I asked the military guys about this. In the US, I mean small sample size but one of the US military guys said that when you're yelling, you you've already lost.
Speaker 1: Come across them exactly, you know, the meaning you.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't be in that situation of this place.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be.
Speaker 14: I think it's a matter of forty years ago. The chefs that were working in kitchens, they weren't able to communicate exactly what they were looking for, and so they were running around and screaming the whole day because that they thought that was the way that you had to motivate people, because that's the way they were motivated. And it's somewhat along the lines, I mean for me, and I think I mentioned this in a.
Speaker 4: Book with Tom ms Kelly.
Speaker 1: You know, well that was that was different. That was.
Speaker 14: That was more psychological nonsense that he was playing. He played a lot of games. I mean, he's a great chef, but I just had an issue with the way he was talking to me, you know, I I you know, I promised myself at a certain point if I got a restaurant that I wasn't gonna sort of the things that that the way I was treated, I was gonna break that. I was gonna do something different and and you know, did I lose my temperate times? Absolutely, but but nowadays you kind of walk away pretty lose your temporary walk away.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, No, I'm genuinely interested in this because you're arguably the most respected chef in America. If you're saying that, hey, hey, we don't need to be yelling in kitchens, and I guess everything that's happening in the Bear is completely unnecessary because those guys, you know what I'm saying, he's going on, what are you guys doing?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but but I don't know.
Speaker 14: If I don't know, if you saw the third season, I want the whole lot of yelling in the third seeson.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that good.
Speaker 4: Okay. I mean that's I get that's something I can speak to, but you speak to the kitchen stuff.
Speaker 14: But I think there's a lot of people who think that the third season was a little Kay.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not gonna I that. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: That I means the critics say that what I'm.
Speaker 4: Still available for guessappearances. Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Take my cookok I have a cookbook on the shelf there. They're gonna take it off now.
Speaker 4: No, they walk Season four bis you see you you don't yell at it anymore. You just say that they suck quietly, very very the kitchen, going you suck. You're on the Daily show, going you suck? Like I came. I moved to New York City when I was thirty years old from Australia. I was living austral at the time. When I moved here. I was just kind of what struck me about the food in America was that it tastes like ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, is.
Speaker 4: That is that a reason?
Speaker 1: Where are you going?
Speaker 4: I was eating out of toilets most No, I was like it was No. I mean like in general, I do feel like there's something in the American psyche that like when for most people the junk food is a norm and right you that I deal nutrition is very skewed and the produce is weird. And so I don't know if you am I being Am I being a stuck up asshole? Or is that something to this?
Speaker 1: No, No, you're not.
Speaker 14: But but I think I think with you're experiencing experiencing in this country, nutrition is expensive, calories are cheap, yes, So so you can go out and buy a bunch of junk and it's cheap, but it's not nutritious. But you try to, you know, go to the farmer's market and and and buy great produce and stuff. It's very expensive, right, and so that that's part of the problem here with this kind.
Speaker 4: Of a way to overcome that kind of financial access to nutrition.
Speaker 14: Yeah, no, no, no, no, okay, it's it's no, it can it's it's what it's complicated because it's you know, the average person who doesn't really quite understand what, say, well, subsidize subsidized fruits and vegetables, you really can't do that.
Speaker 1: There's really no.
Speaker 14: Subsidies for fruit and vegetables. There's substies for corn and soy. That's about it. And the subsidies are are in they're about crop in shorts and not in shurance the way we know in shorts just it's just guarantees a price. Sure, But so so some people say that maybe maybe what we can do is if you put enough research into helpment behind figuring out ways to grow more fruits and vegetables on the same acreage, then you actually you'll have more in the system and prices will come down.
Speaker 1: But that's not happening.
Speaker 4: That's not happening now.
Speaker 14: The government looks at fruits and vegetables and they're actually labeled specialty crops.
Speaker 1: They don't play attention to them at all.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we we do eat like shit, and there's no way to change this in the new food.
Speaker 1: But what is America? But what is American food?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Because when you came to America, you thought you were eating American food, But what were you You were eating a.
Speaker 4: Eating food by the pounddue. Well, I was amazed that you could the Americans eat when I came. I was like, all New York, is American cheese for you? Right? And I was like, you know, these guys eat food by the pound. They measured by the pound, no respect for how they cook it. They just dumped that.
Speaker 1: But in restaurants to find something different, So you know, it depends.
Speaker 4: I agree. I mean, obviously I've been more educated in American food now and and like I said, but I guess the thing is, I'm on TV, I can go to a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I'm saying. You're economic.
Speaker 14: But if you're economics change, you started coming to better restaurants and also the food got better, right, Yeah, so the system works exactly the way it's set up to work. I'm not saying this is a good system, but it's set up where if you have money, it works. If you don't, you struggle. It's the same food. It's it's a bad system that we have.
Speaker 4: And someone was like the system, but it's not a good system, but it works the way it's set.
Speaker 1: Up to work.
Speaker 4: So unfortunately, what is I don't know enough about this, and that's why I want to ask you about it. From what you're saying, it sounds like the only way kind of people who are less financially successful can eat well is they have to make choices in their life to go, hey, I'm gonna I'm gonna buy you know, less iPads and I'm gonna eat I don't know, I don't know what.
Speaker 14: But also part of it is cooking. If you can cook for yourself, you can probably do a lot more for your family. If you're relying on fast food and you're relying on someone making the food for you and be delivered to your house, that's a different story. And then also learning how to stretch that food, you know, learning how to use it all, learning how to use lefto and so you can you cant. I mean I think I think the numbers now roughly a quarter of what is purchased at home gets wasted. Twenty five percent of what you purchase at home goes in the garbage. Okay, And so that's a good start. So we're talking about food waste, which is another big problem.
Speaker 4: That's a that's a bad thing, and it's a good place to Stott is.
Speaker 1: A good place to start, right right.
Speaker 14: I mean, listen, I think if they started teaching whome economics in school again, that would be great.
Speaker 4: Okay, it would be great. Oh did they stop doing that? No?
Speaker 1: No, In fact, they're gonna get rid of the whole education system.
Speaker 4: Now they education exactly.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: So nothing matters anyway. I guess everyone's gonna be everyone's gonna be dumb and unhealthy, exactly in how long do you think? Four years? You have four years before? I mean you touched upon this just now. But like, is there any you know? Like I like eleven Madison, one of the most famous restaurants in the world, and your friend vegan restaurant. Yeah it became vegan.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: And I think they're not just vegan, but they also push sustainability in food and restaurants and commercially. So, I mean, why do you think the future of sustainability, you know, of food in America is going. Do you think it's trending in a good place? I'll be in a listen.
Speaker 14: There's plenty of people talking about it. There's plenty of work that has to be done. I mean, I know, for years, I did a lot of work up on Capitol Hill. I've co found an organization called Food Policy Action. I spent a good amount of time on the Hill looking at issues about sustainability and and you know, it's it's a complicated problem, but it almost is if it's such a non issue for our government to try to figure out that this stuff has to happen through grassroots and sort of in your own communities. And it starts at home, it really does. If you want better food at home, learn how to cook. And you don't have to learn how to cook fancy food.
Speaker 1: You have to just just learn the basics.
Speaker 14: Learn the basics so you can actually cook for your family. And that's that's sustainable because you're you're buying produce that is sustainable. You're not relying on food that's overprocessed with too much sugar, too much salt, too much fat in it, and you can end up with a healthy America too and so so. Yeah, but it's a complex problem because our our system isn't set up to actually get fresh food to the masses, is set up to get processed food to the masses.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's bad. It is bad.
Speaker 14: Yeah yeah, yeah, but you can but you can. I don't I don't know if the if the governance can fix this problem. I think this has to happen in communities and in your homes, in your actual homes. And I think a great place would be school lunch. I mean, that's one place that I think we could do a lot better.
Speaker 4: Uh huh uh.
Speaker 14: And there are some there are some great chefs that I mean, the chef had one of the most famous restaurants in the world in Copenhagen, Nomah. One of the chefs there decided that he didn't want to cook in fancy restaurants anymore and started cooking in school lunch programs and started a whole program called Brigade where he's trying to get professional chefs into schools. I mean, right now, everything that's in school is all mass produced, and so I think we need to start there. Also, I think school lunch should be universally free across the board.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah at all. And that's that's that guy's not doing in America. Right, he's doing it? And what is he doing it? No, in America. Oh, he's doing it. Ye, what you're doing. I want to go to school.
Speaker 1: I believe, I believe. I believe he's start in Connecticut, but then he's branching out.
Speaker 4: Okay, free lunch in Connecticut. I got head down there and I got enrolled. But chef, listen, I really appreciate you coming on show your American legend. Thanks for trying to help everyone eat properly. I'm sorry no one's listening to you. I wish we could all eat better.
Speaker 1: It's gonna change up tonight.
Speaker 4: Ok yeah, thank you for all that you do. Hey, everybody, wakey. Coke is available now. Chef Tom Haliki, y'all, everybody, Oh, gon't take your quick break.
Speaker 15: I'll be right back after this. All right, That thought show over tonight. Down here, it is your moment of VET.
Speaker 13: A new survey by online magazine Intelligent refeels nearly twenty percent of gen z applicants brought their mom or dad with them to a job interview.
Speaker 4: Is that how you got the job?
Speaker 3: You brought your aunt.
Speaker 4: I brought my aunt and my mom. They can vouch for me.
Speaker 2: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Watch The Daily Show weeknights at eleven.
Speaker 2: Ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount
Speaker 4: Plus Paramount Podcasts