Speaker 1: Welcome to Pod meets Tworld, a podcast from two guys who had never seen an episode of Dancing with the Stars but took it on and walked away experts. So now we turned to Traders, another show I've never seen, while Will is convinced that he could win it. We are Wilfred Ellen Ryder Strong. Two best friends, one's a TV expert, one's a TV skeptic, both dance scholars join us as we step into a castle full of lies, alliances, and over the top wardrobe choices. This is Pod meets Tworld Trading Places. How you feeling.
Speaker 2: I feel like I don't understand why I wear the robe anymore. I'm be honest. I went to go grad it like I forgot my robe, and I'm like, no one is ever going to see this. What am I doing?
Speaker 1: I'm just hot. It's like your superhero underwear, though, doesn't it make you feel better?
Speaker 2: The superhero underwear is an actual medical thing, right that truly helps people and makes them Yeah, that's science. This is just this is just for all, This is just fun. This is you know, this is shenanigans. I'm taking it off now, Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like you gotta we got to up our costume game if we're going to do it, so like you got to bust it out halfway through our recording or masks traders masks.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to wear a gold mask just because I think it'd be cool. I mean, I think my mask game is not strong. I don't know about you yours. What do you mean do you have Do you have seven like meaning like at your home if you had to pick from them?
Speaker 1: Do you have several masks because of Indie like I don't otherwise I wouldn't own masks. No, but you've got a strong mask game. Oh my god. We have so many masks. And Andy likes the really over the top ones too, Like he has some really ugly ones and creepy ones. And then we've done like a Squid Games themed birthday party for him. So I got like one of those like golden guy masks to wear.
Speaker 2: It's good games could happen, It's good games could happen, could be real.
Speaker 1: I you know, I kind of just want a vacation in the Trader's Castle. That's what I've realized.
Speaker 2: Well, then go to Ashford Castle and go to Ashford Castle in County Mayo and that's the name.
Speaker 1: Of this actual castle. No, no, no, that's not this castle.
Speaker 2: That's just an awesome vacations like one of the best hotels in the world.
Speaker 1: So when I went there for a couple.
Speaker 2: Of days, that's where we were walking the Irish countryside falconing. Yeah, we literally had falcons on our arms and walking the Irish countryside. It was the Guinness family's summer like get away. Oh and it's the most insane food, the most insane hotel, the greatest spa.
Speaker 1: It's this time's one thousand. Yeah, watching the show. That's that's my overwhelming filming nowadays, Salmon and Cook that I just want to be in this castle. I just want to walk around the grounds. It's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Oh I know, I know, and it's but there's also I want the pump and the circumstance.
Speaker 1: Of the of the game. I don't think I can handle it.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm also just like as the group gets smaller and like I can, I can wrap my head around like who's who a lot easier now I'm very here on who everybody is. So when they're all like at breakfast now like about I'm like, stop, we get it, Like I just want everybody and that would drive me crazy, like all the light. You don't want to the top to be at breakfast every morning. I would just be like the second, like second Johnny shows up with a veil on in front of his head, I'd be like, dude, what are we doing? What are you doing here?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 1: We're here just for breakfast And then and then you know we're going to be running around in some mud, So why did you dress? I would just can't do this. You can't. How do you eat your yogurt through a veil?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: How's the smoke? Sam would make it? I know, like I feel like the pomp and circumstance gets more ridiculous when there's are they still doing this? When there's four of them at the end, I'm like, oh my god, the amount of like they're bags. Think about how big their bags would would have to be to fit all this clothing in Oh.
Speaker 2: I was like, what kind of bags you talk about it? I thought you meant under their eyes from the lack of sleep.
Speaker 1: Candae is wearing like a cow fur jacket, like you know how much that's like an entire bag unto itself, And she has one of those every episode. I think the whole show is shot over what a week? Ten days? Probably right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that I mean for ten days, she's got to have five suitcases.
Speaker 1: Oh my six suitcases. They have like a whole suv just for their suitcase. They have like a moving truck to get to the castle. I've perfected the art of like and you you you you have too, and we do conventions and stuff. We get our bags to that one carry on no matter what because oh my god, and about anything more. And that's that's back with like my computer and my books, and then the one carry on anything more than that for any vacation. Oh it's too much, I agree. Yeah, all right, Robin Candice a great episode. Yeah, you know, here's what. Yeah, I'm not into the showiness of it all, like you know, when they're just like hanging out, but I'm I'm definitely into the people now and seeing Robin Cantas go at it. It has been super like they're just great, isn't it, isn't it? And I feel like, yeah, I just I kind of like everybody now, like yeah, so and then well they're playing well better, you know, at least I feel like they're playing now, So yeah, I don't know. This was a good episode. I feel like I know who everybody is like when it comes.
Speaker 2: To people so good at this game, Yeah, he's really good. Is so good at this game. Not only is he puppet mastering everything, but people are literally walking away going like, I can't believe anybody would put his name down. He's like that guy. You think it's that guy?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: God, so good, you know what I mean. It's magical. So opening up, they're meeting up in the turret and like immediately Canda says like, Rob's the dangerous type that will stab you in the back, and I was like, that's the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like literally, Actually what she said was even better. She said, we'll look you in the eye, yes, and stab you in the back right, And I'm like, no, but how do you stab you in the back when you're looking somebody in the eye.
Speaker 1: But he said to her, I'm voting for you for this reason. I mean, he's he's clearly stated all of his intentions up front. He's just playing better than her. The only thing he keeps to himself is that Colton threw her name out, which is super smart.
Speaker 2: Yes, he kept It's also he's playing with no emotion, right, he's not attack.
Speaker 1: He was bummed that Colton was gone.
Speaker 2: But she's like taking things personally and making bad decisions because of that. And he's like, I'm playing a game. It's a game of chess, and this is the next piece I have to move.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's it's to me. It's like, yes, this is this is the fun. That's how you actually win it. If you're a trader, you know, like being a faithful I think you can play emotionally because it is just about convincing people like no, I'm being honest, but like when you have to lie when that's part of your job, like, yeah, pull the emotion out of it. Just and then Alan Commins walks into the turret and gives the best line of the episode. I'm sensing awkwardness.
Speaker 3: Said, I do it.
Speaker 1: I feel like something I should say to my wife every once in a while. I got awkwardness in my turret. Sorry, it's not gonna I've got a little awkwardness my turret. When you wear that outfit, it gives me awkwardness in my turret. All right. Rob immediately was like, we should enlist, which I think is smart too. Like, why not because they're you know, but no, they decide to murder yep, which I just think was a bad idea.
Speaker 2: But yeah, again I think and giving giving her the power kind of like I'm going to give you just enough for up.
Speaker 1: To hang yourself.
Speaker 2: I was gonna go ahead, go ahead, what do you want to do, right man? It's like, oh, first you're going to kill Colton. Dumb idea. He was loud and brashing on everybody's list of as a possible trader, so keep him there.
Speaker 1: And it was just yes, she was. What she didn't know is that Colton had already thrown out her name. But it's like, yeah, I can't believe like Colton is going people will suspect him, people are over him. You don't worry about somebody like him exactly. So he's alreat even put in check. They have thrown out Stephen, Colton and Natalie, and I think Steven or Natalie would have been great decisions. Either one of those would have been better than Colton. Yeah, I agree. And then did you notice that Rob then immediately makes the chess comparison, just like you were saying, like you were so right, He's like he's generally just playing chess. So he moves ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like, I don't have her in check yet, but I just took her queen and it's like, oh.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh he's operating on this, Yes, it's so good.
Speaker 2: And then he's doing things like again, never judge a book by its cover. Then he's doing things like quoting Twain and doing it. It's like, oh, this guy's a freaking genius.
Speaker 1: This guy's amazing. I wonder if how how much they knew that, because it's like they chose two housewives him and then the secret trader is Donna, right, like, so how much of the producers like foresee this did they like meet with him and and be like, oh, this guy's got a lot more going on then maybe yeah, like what are your favorite things?
Speaker 2: So I like, yeah, you never know, but he is.
Speaker 1: He's super collated. Great, he's killing it all right Breakfast Derinda comes in saying that she was packing because she didn't think she was like whatever, but mostly she just never thought that it could be Lisa, which is like just goes to show how bad she is.
Speaker 2: This kid.
Speaker 1: It's like, yes, when somebody's your friend or a housewife, it doesn't mean that they're not you couldn't also be a trader. Like they all need to just stop thinking like, yeah, well he or she's my friend.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, you've met them six days ago to play a game where some of you are lying to each other.
Speaker 1: I know that's what it is. They're like saying I love you to each other when they go to bed at night, and I almost.
Speaker 2: An actor thing, you know that we're all like that. Of course we were all.
Speaker 1: It's so my brother when.
Speaker 2: My brother came out to watch Boy Meets Old one time, he came out to the show and we were we finished taping and we were all like god, I love you and hugging each other, and he's like, aren't you seeing each other tomorrow morning?
Speaker 1: We're like yeah, and he's like, what the hell are you doing? Like, well, like what's going on.
Speaker 2: It's that kind of thing where it's like, okay, I'm going to see you in twelve hours. It's no big deal, but yeah, that's it's such an entertainer thing. It's like a camera trying to hug me. Well, then push and run, push and run.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I mean, yes, I definitely was like way much more of a hugger and much more free with like saying I love you and stuff like that when I was on Boy with World. But turns out to be mostly correct because I do still love everybody that we worked with. I still have relationships with so many of you. Yeah, so it's like, uh, but yes, I think in general, as I've gotten older, a much more uncomfortable with that sort of la Hollywood thing. And it's just La Hollywood.
Speaker 2: It's not New York. New York is not the same way it was. At least it wasn't when I was coming up New York in the eighties. Was not love you, hugging you see tomorrow. It's like, yeah, I hope you wake up. So yeah, it's uh, good night. Well maybe yeah it was great, so but it is. They're all just they're very flowery actory people.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See again the culture, I would not not really fit into it. I would be such an asshole on this show. Dude, you know it too. You know, by day three, I would just be that grumpy guy in the corner. Everybody's like, well, first of all, they would probably suspect me because I would be protesting way too much, and she'd be like, no, I'm a horrible liar. I can't lie. I'm sorry, And then they would be like, well I can't trust him.
Speaker 2: I voted for you rider no real reason. I just can't take it anymore. I don't think you're a trader.
Speaker 1: I just just I can't just want to don't want you in my castle.
Speaker 3: I just want you.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when we had that conversation about like, what what our impression is just by looking at us? Do you remember this with mccaulla our tour guide, our tour Oh? We were just like I was like, you know, will Danielle really get a pass in life? Because when you look at them, they're just they're just so friendly and beautiful. Everybody wants to And McCall is like, yeah, I'm like, so when you look at Will, what's his zero? Like, what's what? She's like, just friend, want to get to know him. He likes me, And I'm like, what about me? And she's like, you think you're smarter than me? Do you think you're better? You know you heard this guy. You know this is a truth. She's like, no, now I know you, but I'm just saying what you look like? Like, Oh my god, so yeah, that's my zero. So I'm sure in this world, in Trader's world, they would just be like that guy thinks he's so much better than all, Oh, get him out of here. Oh that's so funny. He also doesn't try very hard in the challenges. You could have run harder rider all right. At breakfast, uh Wara brings up Candace and talked about how the throwaway vote made her suspicious, which was brill actually accurate, and of course is the thing that comes back at the round table. Candace defends her throwaway vote, but I just don't buy it. It's just like, because it's if she was gonna throw away a vote, why didn't she vote for Natalie, Like if she really didn't want it to be It's like and it just goes to show that she made this move out of a petty impulse right towards Rob And so that totally backfires, like exactly what you're saying, you can't be emotional, Like, don't be because that like everybody could see that as a useless move and was like, why would she do that? Yep, yeah, and anything.
Speaker 2: I think it's one of those things that's like in the being in this house is like being child. Anything that makes you different is not good, right, So her just pointing something out that's so out of the norm that because everybody you're you're micro concentrating on everybody's little move, any little thing, can't drop this fork he did this.
Speaker 1: You're you're hyper vigilant to everything going on around you.
Speaker 2: So something like a big freaking move like I'm gonna vote for somebody has to throw away.
Speaker 1: Of course you're now and everybody's radar. Yep, that's a target. Yeah, all right, it's revealed that Colton was killed, which at first I was like, bad move, Yeah, but what I realized is it was a bad move for Candace, a brilliant move for Rob because he let her have her her way, Like you said, yeah, I mean at this point, like it seems pretty it seemed pretty obvious to me, which it did turn out to be the case that she's gone, like that's it man, because he had already told multiple people. He didn't just tell Rob, he had thrown out her, and they were right about Lisa, which Colton had been gunning for. So the second that Colton's killed, it's just this looks bad for the traders man and you're right.
Speaker 2: It's just you are one hundred percent right. The smartest thing that Rob did was not say Colton said your name, right.
Speaker 1: He the smartest thing that he did, And he says at the top of the episode, he's like, I have some information I'm going to keep to myself, which is amazing because I think I would have been like, oh, Colton said your name, don't pick him. But he just gave up. At this point, He's like, no, Candice is gone. I need to let her just make this decision her so she knows it's just on her.
Speaker 2: And at the end of the day, in one move he got rid of a very powerful, faithful and the last trader but him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in one one incredible, brilliant, brilliant. So then Alan Commings walks in looking precisely like my grandmother's couch from nineteen ninety one. It's the nineteen ninety one couch. Yeah, it's like the exact print. It almost looked like the Boy meets World couch. Yes, it's yes, my god, it looks like the Boy meets w relld couch. We got to pull up the Boy.
Speaker 3: I think it is.
Speaker 1: I think it is Boy meets World Living Room set. I gotta see this. I gotta it's the couch. Check it out. No, because it does. I'm looking at it doesn't have flowers? Flower? It does? It does? It's flower the same colors. Yes, he wore the Boy Meets World.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Alan Cummings is wearing the Boy Meets World couch. I like knew it looked so familiar. I was like, no, that was my grandmother's couch, but it was our set. It's the Boy meets World couch.
Speaker 2: I'm amazed it wasn't covered with plastic and didn't have one of rusty scripts in the lapel.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Oh my god, I can't wait. All right, if you're listening to this, go look up the Boy Meets World couch and all you need is a little for ray and you are Alan coming. That is insane. I love it. He's got two different Morgans in different pockets. Oh my god. All right, the mission for the day, if you choose to understand it, if you choose. I actually, once they started playing this, I really loved this, and I was like, great game. This could be a great like home game to play, right Like It's sort of like a version of charades where you like split up into groups. I thought this was really clever. I was like, this could be its own game show.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know, the way you do it too, is that you can just do it with polaroids, Like you have to you have to mimic the polaroid that's in the other room, and then you have to come out and have a polaroid put next to the one.
Speaker 1: Like, ah, we did it. We got it. Exactly what they wanted. It has this cool telephone element to it, you know, like there's a game that we love to play called Telestrations, which is basically pictionary with telephone. So you sit, you know, you all have a drawing pad and you like, one person will be like Santa Claus, right, so they will write Santa Claus. Then they pass that. Then the next person gets that has to flip the page, draw Santa Claus and then pass that. The next person just gets that drawing, flips the page and guesses what they think that drawing is. Oh, it's by the end of the game, you know, you see like somebody drawing Santa Claus and it becomes like Super Mario Brothers whatever, exactly like by the end and the fun of the game is not getting it right. It's actually really boring. Whenever, the fun of the game is when you see how ridicl it got when somebody couldn't draw. Dude, it's such a fun game, especially with kids. You play it with kids because they just either you can't draw very well or just look at a drawing, and they're honest about it. So they're like fat man with a mustache and you're like, Okay, guess guess what I'm doing. It's fun. I got to play that. Yeah, sounds all right. So this mission is this cool art game thing where they have to recreate pieces of art based on a description and then the other team. But now, okay, so there were three people chosen to go to the gallery and be like the guessers, and those are also three people who could potentially get a shield. Correct. I didn't understand how they got selected.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing that Eric said that was really interesting was, look, every nobody knows how to do this, so why don't we nominate somebody else?
Speaker 1: Right, And so it's just the first three people who spoke.
Speaker 2: Well, no, they started saying each other's names, like all right, we'll do this, we'll do that, and then Rob, very smartly again was like I got a feeling I might be killed, and so, uh, Johnny was like, you take my spot, then don't worry about it because people had nominated Johnny. So then next thing, you know, the one trader who know you know, is there with the two faiths. It's just ah, God, he's playing so well, I know, and I can't believe that the other people who know that he has the dagger situation wouldn't be like Rob, You're okay.
Speaker 1: Don't go, you know, because you don't need the shield. You've got the double votes.
Speaker 2: None of them even said anything, right, but you could still be kicked out, I guess if and you know the but.
Speaker 1: You're looking at who has the potential to get an advantage, right, and if you know that Rob already has one advantage and you're part of that six person alliance, wouldn't you be like Robert, Rob, Rob, let me go like Natalie or something like that. Yeah, yeah, Natalie's playing horribly by the way most people are.
Speaker 2: At least episode was like I'm bad, I just games clearly well.
Speaker 1: They all have had that kind of moment. I mean, Kristen has that bullbent too. She's like, obviously my instincts are well off. I'm just gonna do the opposite. That's smart, man, Like, start recognizing your inability to guess.
Speaker 2: The number of conversations that happened this episode of people just going who do you think it is? I have no good idea, Like that must have happened four times this episode, just like I don't know, I don't know anymore who it is.
Speaker 1: So it's and that's why. But they get better at it when they admit that. So I think the better way to come into this game is just be like I'm just gonna listen, yeah, and be open and not charge at anybody, because it seems like whenever they take a stance, they're pretty much wrong. And if there's only one trader now, if it's just him left, the bull's.
Speaker 4: Eye is so small, it's like, oh god, it's great, all right, all right, this reenacted painting thing with this photo which is actually really fun.
Speaker 1: I don't know. They said his face looked more like a horse than like it was Johnny's face.
Speaker 2: He's dressed like a cow, and they have utters and she's they're like holding onto the thing and like car that's a car, Like wait.
Speaker 1: What pretty funny though how much the one team was pretty like got it every time and they're killing it. No clue, yeah, really bad kind of rightfully, So, like they have the traders quarreling and they they like do a fight scene and like, but it's traders. You know what traders look like? You could be like in hoods or like looking like you know, I don't know that a lot of a lot of not great choices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is right up your alley though, this game, it's right in your wheelhouse.
Speaker 1: Loved it, loved it. Yeah, that's why I was like, I just want to play this game. Kristen finds the shield, which is good, Like, so does that shield last forever? Or is that only for this round tabe? I think it's one round table. I think that's it. She just like I can't sleep. But then does that mean that she couldn't be enlisted? Like could she get the ultimatum? Yeah? I think so, which she's who I would have gone for franklish. But if she can't be killed, then you can't give her the ultimatum. Well no, I don't think. I don't think it's that you can't be killed. I think it's oh no, it is you can't be or is it you can't be killed and you can't be banished or is it just killed? I think it's just killed. I thought the shield was just okay.
Speaker 2: You won't be murdered that night, So then maybe she couldn't get it. Yeah, or maybe maybe no, No, you're right, no, because I was gonna say, maybe it goes away after the roundtable, but no, the murder hadn't happened yet, So maybe you're right. Maybe she she couldn't be ultimatum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because everyone then would have known. Yeah. Okay, interesting, what do they call it? Seduced? That's what they keep saying, seduced. After the mission back at the castle, Eric and Johnny are talking Candace and Steven gets thrown out there does the housewives thing.
Speaker 2: It's throwing me a little bit more because apparently there's all these rules to being a housewife. That what you didn't Well, like they said, how it started with jam Jam this week, who commented on our post by the way, which is pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: Did you not see that?
Speaker 2: No, he just said he commented on our post this week, just saying like it's been wild or something like that. So he commented on our Instagram. But Jam Jam said, like, housewives don't ever kiss anyone on the cheek, housewives don't blah blah blah. So there's we need an next. We need a Housewives expert, is what I'm saying, because I've never seen one. I know my wife watches it, but she's not gonna do the show. So we need to We need to talk to somebody because I don't know. I don't get it. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean when you say rules, you mean just like cultural practices.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, like like housewives don't kiss anybody for some reason.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Housewives only drink two bottles of rose a day. Right, we're married, so how are they housewives? Like, I don't I don't get the rules.
Speaker 2: We need to talk to somebody, so I don't know, put it out into the ether because I don't get it. But she's still a housewife? Who Derinda or no? Well, Derinda and Candace Candace were both still housewives.
Speaker 1: Are they the only ones left? Yeah? I mean Candas is no longer there, but yes.
Speaker 2: There was also something mentioned earlier in this episode that I think we need to touch on a little bit, which is somebody said there's got to be a man in there.
Speaker 1: Yea, oh, this is right right here. I think it was just where Eric are talking about Candace, and that's why he's like, I feel a male energy and he turns out Stephen because unless they picked all women, they've got to vote a guy at some point, right, I mean you think unless unless they literally think in the house, Wow, can you imagine if all the traders are women, right, it seem like there'd have to be a guy, right, because at this point they know that they voted out Lisa and Donna, so it's only been two women, So it does make sense. I don't know why he says, like a male energy, but I do think that it just the odds are it's probably a guy because at this point they're like, oh, it's probably three, right, and so we've already voted out two women.
Speaker 2: Probably a guy, you think, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Dirinda is gunning for Candace and Stephen in a conversation with Maura and Tara. Then Dirinda points out this interesting fact that Lisa shared all of her gold with Steven at the last mission, which isn't a good point, Like that's actually evidence, And I'm like, Yeah, that's a good call and something that like, I didn't notice that. I don't know if anybody noticed, but it does make sense because it's like you're looking at what the trader did from the last time. Stephen has been flying under the radar, so right, And then Stephen and Candace have this moment where Steven tells her that Colton had her name. Rob walks in and asks to talk alone with Candace, which is a ballsy move. Yeah, and interestingly, I don't think Steven picked up enough on that moment. Now, granted, he had just kind of done the same thing by saying he and Candace wanted to have a private moment, but when Rob walks in, it'says, leave us alone to talk. I was like, and he just walked away.
Speaker 2: He was like cool, yeah, sure, yeah, because nobody suspects Rob.
Speaker 1: It's crazy easy to me nobody suspects him.
Speaker 2: He could literally walk in and be like, hey, dude, can I talk to this person by myself?
Speaker 1: They're like, you got it, Rob, and that's it. It's great, all right, homie. You got so sweet.
Speaker 2: God, it's so nice to know you're a faithful Go get you some samming.
Speaker 1: So then Rob and Candice have their confrontation, and he lies very well to her. It's because she says, when did Colton say my name? And he goes this morning, or no, when did you find out he said this morning? This morning? Because he just lies right to her face. But and what's great is that he let her choose to kill Colton. So, I mean, this is where it just is revealed. And then she calls him a snake and he's like, it's a game, yeah, and he's like so right. He says, the game is literally called Traders, called Traders, and then yeah, but then he kind of criticizes her sportsmanship, right, She's like, that's not very sportsman like, which is another way of kind of calling her a snake. And I'm just like, both of you guys, just like, it's not you know, just play the game. Just recognize you're lying to each other's face for the sake of a fun game. It's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 2: I think one of the things I'm learning the more and more I watch this is to be truly successful at this game, you have to rig it so other people are doing all of the heavy lifting. Yes, you plant the seeds, you plant the seed, you walk away, and you walk away, and you keep your mouth shut, and then occasionally you throw in something to back up whoever is going against the person you want out.
Speaker 1: And that's what's so great.
Speaker 2: I'd also like to point out, does it not seem like it's been five years since Michael Rappaport was.
Speaker 1: On this show?
Speaker 3: Yes, decades.
Speaker 1: It was the early nineties when Michael Rappaport was.
Speaker 3: On this show.
Speaker 1: Well, it's crazy how much the culture of the Castle changes, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, that's what I'm interested in. How it's going to be less housewifey now, you know, because if we're really down to just Derinda, it's like we, I mean, everybody we have left. They're more like gamers. They're more understated, which could make for more of a cutthroat, evidence based game, maybe less emotional, which I'm here for. It's great, it's great. Yeah, I mean, but I think Steven is really Steven and Johnny are really setting themselves up to be targeted. Oh hell yeah. I also think in a weird way, so is Mark. But Mark is just completely flying under the radar life that's why.
Speaker 2: And they're all talking about we need to start looking at places we would never look. So people like Mark and people like Kristen, right, who are just quiet and steadfast, are I think the next people that are going to be targeted those three with Steven as well. It's like, yeah, okay, but here's my question that I started realizing. It's like, at a certain point, you've voted out all the traders potentially, and then what happens, Like does nobody get murdered?
Speaker 1: Like what if? Well, they just what that's what they do.
Speaker 2: They hit So if memory serves from the last one, they you get to a certain point and you all agree to stop playing.
Speaker 1: And that can happen with like six people or eight people? Does that only happen when they get down this.
Speaker 2: It's not going to be eight. I think there's been different numbers of people each year. I think sometimes there was three. I think once there was three. I think once there was four. So my guess is they'll get to four or five and they'll kind of look around and be like, I think we got them all. If we got them all, then we go to the last big ceremony, you drink the blood of there.
Speaker 1: But if you're a trader and you're the only one left, that's a great thing for you to insist on. Of course we got them all, but but wouldn't you know you got them all because there there would be no more murders.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing is I think they I think at that point, that's when you get to a small number of people, I think they have to they stop it in a certa.
Speaker 1: So okay, I see, this is my hard time with this whole game, because when you get to the point, like if you know that they're not going to stop the game, like let's say you vote out three traders in a row, which like they could do next week right like next week they could vote out you know that they're just going to keep enlisting. So like the idea of thinking about this static group of traders and faithful it's kind of ridiculous because it's always going to be there's going to be traders all the way up until there's four of you left potentially. Or is it really possible that you could vote out three traders and be done and then like ten of you are left if you were really playing well I get, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: My guess is you they break it up in such a way to where you're always going to be recruiting because I don't think you're allowed to have one trader, so it's like you got to go get your next one.
Speaker 1: You gotta go it.
Speaker 2: Why there's only over ever two Sith rider. There could be plenty of Jedi, but only two Sith, a master and an apprentice.
Speaker 1: Okay, If all traders are banished on the Traders, the remaining faithful contestants win the entire accumulative prize pod and share equally. The game essentially concludes early as no traders remained to murder player. Right, So wouldn't you know that you've gotten rid of all the traders because you wake up the next morning and nobody got murdered.
Speaker 2: So wait, what you're saying is if they pick right in a row, three in a row or four in a row, games over, game's over. Like if they murdered Rob next week, I mean, I guess now he's enlisted Eric, so we know that. But like if he didn't enlist and they just murdered him or banished him like tonight, yeah think she said, I guess you'd have to find out because it's never happened.
Speaker 1: So I'm just saying the producers are gonna make sure that never happens. They're always going to keep him listening and they keep murdering. But actually, if you're a faithful I don't know. It's this game is just manipulation.
Speaker 2: I thought, I thought of the most brilliant thing in the world to do, and it's such a James Bond kind of thing and would be fully illegal and I love it. So you when you first get to the to the tower the day that they pick the traders, Okay, you come up with the lemon water concoction on your hand that nobody can see, the one that's that that can only be seen in certain lights, and you shake Alan Cummings hand.
Speaker 1: So when he touches.
Speaker 2: Everybody on the shoulder, you then put on your glasses to see the marks on each person's shoulder that he hit, and you'd know who the traders were.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's devious, right, yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What is this lemon thing that you're talking? There's like did you ever watch what was the one he did.
Speaker 2: In uh National Treasure where it's like this kind of soluble it's like liquid where there's some lemon juice and some stuff in that that you can't see it on anything, but under.
Speaker 1: A black light, it pops up.
Speaker 2: Wow, So you do you shake his hand and then the hand he touches everybody with that, he literally mark them wow with this invisible ink. And then you pop on your glasses, your specialty glasses, and wow.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's that's going to the next level. And I'm sure the producers would would would have a problem with that. Tell them our back. We're into the round table. Candace and Rob said they're going after another. They're just doing which is just dumb, like on her part, dumb on her part. Yes, and Rob says he's just gonna stay calm. Let Candace scream and yell and be emotion because the more you protest, the more guilty you look, which is exactly right. And what happened. Then Johnny jumps in starts off by saying Colton had mentioned Steven, which was like, yeah, well, Colton's mentioned so many people he mentioned. I feel like Steven's really screwed now, like, oh, you know, he's People are just not trusting Steven or Johnny like those two for whatever reason. I just feel like they're they're gone down. I think Johnny might be next. I think Johnny next, I think so too. Dernda brings up that Lisa gave her goal to Stephen, which is a great argument legit, and he his defense is I wouldn't have given like like I asked for it, Like I just went up to her and asked what she did what she did and was like, you know, He's like, I don't have an alliance with her. It wasn't like she just offered it to me like I, you know, which was a good defense, and it is true.
Speaker 2: It's also I was thinking about this as he was making his his his appeal, essentially that he was not a trader. The thing that I was thinking about was how easy it is to not have to lie. It's like you don't have to keep anything straight in your head, you don't have to do anything. Yes, you have to fight for your life, but at the same time, it's not like what did I say two tables ago. It's just like I just walked bucked up and I asked her for her gold.
Speaker 1: Like that's what happened. You're not making anything up. That seems to be the best policy as a faithful is to just just play it completely straight, never never lie about anything, and right.
Speaker 2: It's just it's because you don't have anything to keep straight in your head. You don't have to do anything. Just this is what happened. Yeah, I can see how that'd be weird. But I walked up and asked her, and so she gave me.
Speaker 1: Your gold, right right, all right? Well, then Eric brings up Candace, which is obviously accurate and great, and then Candace just goes for Rob, points out his nervousness with his like dropping his fork at breakfast, which you know isn't It is an okay attempt at at an argument, but he's just not He's pretty unflappable, so like and had.
Speaker 2: A great excuse, which is what exactly because I always think about what would I say? What would I say if that same thing happened, And before he even said it, I'd be like, no, I was just upset. I just lost like my best friend in the game, right exactly what he said?
Speaker 1: All right? Yeah, And I think it's just a really bad look for Candas to go after Rob so much, especially the night after you've made it a throwaway, I know. And now all of a sudden inconsistency in her argument. Yes, she should have pulled back from Rob. I mean she should have just decided to stay a trader, joining Rob like the idea. Like she should have the second Lisa was voted out and they had the beginning of this episode their turret meeting. She should have been like, cool man, you won. Now I'm I'm in order to stay in this game, I'm gonna listen to you and be a trader partner with you. Like why she gets so emotional and makes it about like Rob being a bad trader, Like, no, he did the smartest thing, and if she were smart, she would join him at the beginning of this episode and say what do you think we should do? And he probably would have said, let's enlist somebody, let's you know, expand this and then keep murdering. Yeah, And she's so it's just so dumb to go against him because she he holds all the cards, like.
Speaker 2: She just let all her mind. She he even holds cards she doesn't know about. She doesn't he has the dagger or any of that. She doesn't he didn't tell He didn't tell all the traders about that.
Speaker 1: No, remember he does.
Speaker 2: Nobody has been told that he has the dagger, the five people that he was with, but it was no other traders know that he has to dag so yeah, I mean I would have said to her she had like six votes the night before, she was dead weight. I'm telling you they were going to vote her out anyway. The smartest thing for us to do is back that vote so we don't look like traders. Now you look like a trader. I mean you just you put yourself on the radar. This is just bad playing yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then pointing to him, it's just it's so bad. Don't do it. So Moira and Eric vote for Candace. And that's when I was like, oh, it's it's happening, because there was a moment after the discussion I was like, did they rally enough votes for Candace? Like it didn't seem like it necessarily. But then when Johnny voted Candace, all right, Candas votes for Rob and Johnny says Candace, and I was like, oh, it's over, she's gone. That's the same thing. Now, it's just let the dominoes fall. And sure enough, Kristen votes for Candace to rin it does too. Natalie votes for Tara, which is like, there's still like this personal vendetta because she had thrown her out the night before or whatever. But this is where I'm like, Natalie, what are you doing? Like, she's just not playing very well. Man, No, and neither's Terror, but at least Tara knows she's not playing. Yeah. Rob obviously votes for Candace and Mark Tara, who like cries while she's doing it, vote votes for Candace, and then Steven two. Was this the most votes for one person? It seems like it. Yeah, I think so pretty pretty Yeah, I mean it's only Natalie and Candace didn't vote for her. Yeah, so and they were right, yep, say, second round table in a row. Like they're actually playing well, they should actually like and they're playing well because of Rob. They're playing well because of the trader. That's he's just he's manipulating everything. He's playing them.
Speaker 2: Like a fiddle. It's unbelievable to watch this. It is a virtuo.
Speaker 1: So for Hormans, it really is well. And then in the turred afterwards, Rob discussing who he's going to invite to be a trader. I think he's got to do it, he says, is Johnny, which is he's like, is a pure evil planned because he's like he would just get voted out because he's already suspensed, so which I was like, dude, Rob, that's brilliant. Like he could pick Johnny knowing that Johnny was would get banished the next night basically, and then he wouldn't have to murder I mean, like that's deVie is. But then he doesn't end up doing that. He ends up picking Eric and his I watched three times.
Speaker 2: Eric's just shows how good Rob is at this game because he pulls off his hood and it is the best reaction watching Eric see who the trader is, Like, you've got to be kidding me, it's you.
Speaker 1: Oh god, It's just it's delicious. I also just love when Eric gets invited to be you know, and he's just like, I know who it is. It's Johnny. You know it's not. But then also I just love it. He's like, this is what I get for being nice? Yeah, And I was like, that would be men would be I thought the same thing. That's writer's response, like I don't want to do this. I don't want to be murdered. I don't want to be a trader, Like I don't have to lie to people's faces now I would Yeah, that would be my worst nightmare. Is I would. I would start the game as a faithful just no okay, no pressure, just like you said, just be honest, don't have to lie, never lie, and then get enlisted and have to be a trader. Yeah, I'd be so bad, talk about like dropping forks. I would just be like running into walls, and I wonderumbling over my words. Anybody would say murder me, like, I don't want to do it. I can't do it. I can't be a trader. I don't want to do it. It's not probably for me. I probably will be dead. I probably would.
Speaker 2: But then I want to know what happens. Do they have to you have to go pick somebody else? I guess because an ultimatum you could choose to not be But I mean, for a trader, if there's a thing, you can't just have one, then that he has to go to somebody else.
Speaker 1: It probably has to keep going on the line. But you would just get murdered. So Eric would just get murdered and get off the and and no one would know that he got murdered with the option of being enlisted exactly, I mean, I I mean that's the real definition of a faithful. You go to the grave faithful. Yeah, I mean that's I don't think you care do that. No, you got to play the game. I mean I don't. Yeah, although if I was in the situation, I probably please get me out of here. I can't. I can't go buy my own smoke salmon. I don't need to deal with the hugs and the kisses and my own castle down the street.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna I've got I'm gonna do it on my own, Thank you very much. Well.
Speaker 1: I was actually surprised that they ended with revealing that it was Eric that he had chosen to give the ultimatum to, because usually we end on more of a cliffhanger. What they chose so interesting. Interesting.
Speaker 2: I'm glad they did. I'm glad, I know, but it's still I agreed with you one hundred percent. I'm like, they're gonna I figured the last shot was going to be the envelope on the chair. It was the perfect ending shot exactly that was gonna be, or maybe a hand coming that that that would have been it, and then that was it. Of course, if it was a fur lined, gloved hand, you'd be like, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think think Rub's thinking was Johnny would be the person you enlist who suspicious, right, Eric is somebody who because he's a gamer, because you know, like there, he would be kind of in between. And the other option he throws out is Mark, who nobody has suspected of anything. So it's interesting. I feel like he chose the sort of middle ground, do you know what I mean? Because Eric could go either way, Like Eric could be just like the nice guy that nobody ever thinks, or they're going to go for him because he's been too like under the radar, whereas Mark truly has been getting a pass by everybody like.
Speaker 2: Rob Yeah, like I'm always I'm so so We've we've heard little snippets through the grapevine of how much is on the cutting room floor, and you wonder, I mean, you we both know this industry well enough. Could they have taken exactly the footage that they have from the beginning and recut the entire show where Mark just looks guilty the entire time m hm, or he's playing brilliantly or something like that, because it doesn't seem like they're focusing on him at all.
Speaker 1: No, he's mostly just been cut around. It's like, like you even get to see him like socializing or being in.
Speaker 2: You know, it just it also just shows you what they're doing. I read an interview the other day. I forget it might have been with Jam Jam. I forget who it was with or Kristen, but they talk about how that banquet was six hours long. Oh my god, they shot that for six hours. So I mean crazy, crazy what we're seeing.
Speaker 1: And what we're not. Yeah, no thanks. Yeah.
Speaker 2: As you know, I am not only a expert on dance, but I'm also expert on the famous traders throughout history m hm.
Speaker 1: In a segment that I call it.
Speaker 2: With History Trade Hate Wow, almost like a rock metal kind of but like Broadway vibe, does that work?
Speaker 1: I'm still working on it anyway.
Speaker 2: Today's installment is Pedro Perterno from eighteen fifty seven to nineteen eleven. Pedro Praturno is considered the most infamous trader in the history of the Philippines. He's a well regarded writer and lawyer who never missed an opportunity to gain opportunity unity. He negotiated an agreement with the Spanish Empire in eighteen ninety seven in which Filipino revolutionaries would end their fight with the Spanish and cooperate with them. He urged the Philippines to fight against the United States during the Spanish American War and to continue to resist American occupation after Spain lost the war. After he was captured by the Americans, though, he swore allegiance to the US and became president of the Consultive Assembly.
Speaker 1: Whoa so consultive consultant?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Spain then goes to the US. So wait, did he get away with it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Did he live a good life?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: I Am going to tell you later? How you have all this information? I do? It's a it's in my head. But I like to leave on a cliffhanger, just like you do. Writer. Okay, well, that will do it. For this episode of Podmead's World, alliances were tested, trust missed, placed, and once again we're left with somewhat of a cliffhanger. Join us next time as we continue our journey through season four of Traders, a show in which, as Shakespeare said in his Scottish play, is foul and foul is fair.
Speaker 2: H