Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong is Joe Ketty arm Strong and Katty and he Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 2: Heels and Human Services Secretary nominee Robert F. Kennedy Junior has reportedly been spotted working out at a New York City Equinox gym and tight jeans and hiking boots, and employees say they're getting awfully tired of fishing them out of the pool.
Speaker 1: It's very funny.
Speaker 3: Coming up, we're gonna talk a little bit about Elon Musk's power media power. According to The Washington Post, Elon is one of the most powerful people in all of media right now.
Speaker 1: And I would I'll be hard to argue with.
Speaker 3: And I've got some If you're a Trump fan, you're gonna like some of the observations on the Trump moment that is going on right now. Trump is as high as he's ever going to be in his life right now.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely a honeymoon period for him, which he did not get first time around.
Speaker 1: Enjoy it well, you can. We wish you well to be productive in the new year. Just a quick reminder public service announcement, Joe Biden is going to be the president for another solid month, right.
Speaker 3: There, and doctor Jill headed to Delaware today for a little time off, a little much needed break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well deserved.
Speaker 3: So this is going to be like more or less the rest of the holiday season. So Christmas is in a week and they and they already headed to Delaware. I mean, it's the most coasting through the end of your presidency that's happened since Woodrow Wilson was a stroke victim lying in bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I check Biden for a pulse, though I'm not convinced he's still alive. Coming up this hour, I swear I'll pay this off. News about Kamala Harris's future that will draw a guffaw guaranteed stay with us. But first, a gender bending madness update.
Speaker 4: First of all, in the least covered story in American history, relatively the significance of it, a thirty three year old transactivist went into the Rayburn office building on Capitol Hill last week and assaulted a sitting congresswoman.
Speaker 1: A woman, a man beat down, a woman injured or center to the hospital with fairly minor injuries to her arm and r Well, yeah, yeah, and it got no attention because well that might, you know, give conservatives a way to bash transgender activists.
Speaker 3: Political violence, the capital man on woman.
Speaker 1: Get it's no attention. What is the depths of the lying on the left and in the media. Well, we've just well we got to get a longer poll to find the bottom because that's some pretty deep lying in dishonesty right there. It's just unbelievable. This just in The Biden Harris administration issued an eight hundred and fifty thousand dollars federal grant to provide training for military families to affirm the gender identity of their children. Our tax dollars are being spent to groom the children of our military members. That's just beautiful.
Speaker 3: I want to flip that first story around. So we have the first elected trans congressperson this year, imagine, and it's a I shouldn't say it's but I'm so bad with this. I am the way with trans the same way I am. What time changes. I just can't get them straight in my head. So is this a man or a woman? This congress person dresses as a woman. I think, yeah, it's a dude is a woman. But so if a guy came in and beat her. Came into the Capitol, A straight guy came in and beat her over political reasons. Yes, try to imagine the news coverage on that. It would absolutely, one hundred percent be the lead story on every evening newscast that day, maybe for days to come.
Speaker 1: Yes, the president, that could be long think pieces on it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why would the reverse not get one percent of the attention?
Speaker 1: And once again we featured this story in twenty twenty three, Miss Netherlands was a dude who presented as a woman, proving once again that men are better at everything, including being a woman. Well the next year. This year, the Missed the Netherlands beauty pageant is shutting down after a thirty five year run. Evidently I'll be missed. Yeah. Evidently having a dude win put off enough people that nobody cares anymore pageant.
Speaker 3: They killed their own pageant by going woke. Takes a lot of balls to run for Miss Universe as a guy. Yeah, Well, or just tuck them away though place, especially during the swimsuit portion. Uh.
Speaker 1: The director said that the pageant is now a platform for positive stories about mental health and stories that inspire.
Speaker 3: The idea that beauty pageants still exists is amazing anyway, even the dudes.
Speaker 1: Went and Ryan's yeah, exactly, yeah, place, what are we doing here? New York Times puts menstrual products in men's bathrooms to quote support transgender and nine non binary colleagues. I'll tell you what I think this is.
Speaker 3: Having listened to a long conversation with the publisher of the New York Times. What's his name, Schultzberger Seltzburger, Sultzberger, Yeah, current Seltzburger. That family has run the thing forever. I listen to along podcast with him. They get they run a lot of stories about how the problems with the trans stuff that we talk about, and how Europe has banned it and there's all kinds of problems. They've run a lot of stuff on like that. They get tremendous pushback from the trans community. I think he's just trying to appease a few of those people, while The New York Times continues to be the leader I think among left leaning media who's honest about this stuff?
Speaker 1: That is true? Yeah, and I do credit them for their honest writing about the cast report in Britain and how a w path is an utterly dishonest organization full of radical activists. But the idea that you can appease these people is a fool's errand because probably they push and they push and they regardless.
Speaker 3: Of all the words I just said, having tampons and men's bathrooms is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, men, mestroid. It's never have and never will, is the deal. Mind your own damn business. Yeah. Just one percent of the time workforce identifies as non binary. Category that includes transgender individuals, but also those who simply choose not to identify with either gender so that people think they're special and pay them more attention. It's just this, the narcissism of small distinctions. Writ large anyway, Good job New York Times. Do whatever you want, it doesn't matter. Great piece by James Breslo in The California Globe about the fact that the Supreme Court heard the US versus Scurmetic case, the Tennessee case, which was about the twenty six American states that say no, you can't perform these experiments on children, these gender bending experiments. There's no medical basis on which to do these. Well, they're experimental treatments that have permanent effects. Anyway, they point out in the California Globe, and they mentioned the radicalization of the American Academy of Pediatricians and American Psychology Association. But those organizations have in twenty I think it's twenty four states or twenty five, they have outlawed counseling to help that adolescent be more comfortable with the sex that they are. Wow, they've declared it conversion counseling or what's the other derogatory term they use for it. It's like they don't say, oh, praying away the gay or conversion therapy, legitimate psychological help for troubled kids. Well, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: They're calling this conversion therapy, which is, you know, got a bad rap because there were in theory these religious institutions it would take a gay kid and try to convince them they're not gay.
Speaker 1: But this is the opposite. Well, right, so twenty five states have made psychotherapy to reduce dysphoria in children under eighteen illegal. It's illegal to help them through this, But in those states, the surgeries and the hormones are still legal. So you literally must only push the kid down that conveyor belt of radical a gender theory, and you can't even try to help them, even though study after study shows the vast majority of kids grow out of it. I'm thinking, if there's a little helpful counseling, they all grow out of it.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think through this on the fly because I hadn't heard about this. So the conversion therapy thing I mostly thought among gay for gay kids, I mostly thought was pretty horrifying sounding. You got, you know, you know, fourteen year old boy who's nose, he's gay, and then you try to convince them they're not. I mean, like, that's pretty rough. But we didn't have a rash of I don't know if it ever happened. We didn't have a rash of people thinking they were gay as a solution to their emotional mental issues and then it turns out they're not, Whereas we do have a rash of this trans thing being bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a psychological contagion, a community contagent among adolescent girls in particular. So keeping in mind that if the counseling for these confused adolescents were afraid of puberty, or were swept down the road by activists or whatever, any effort to help them psychologically and say, hey, you're a young woman and it's great. There's nothing better than you being you. You're forbidden from doing that, even though if it didn't work and you went through all of the therapy and they said no, no, I'm the wrong sex. I got to change my body. You could still do that in these states, but they forbid the counseling. There should be love acceptance, and I'm sorry that was the wrong part. So it's just it's absolutely obscene what's going on in the Blue States. It's astonishing to me. If you dropped me in twenty twenty four with the time machine from like ten years ago, I wouldn't believe you.
Speaker 3: I'm thankful I'm not in a situation some of these families are in.
Speaker 1: Oh I know it. I know it, and I've read the accounts and their heartbreaking because and this is part of the whole deal. One of the reasons the activists say it's important to keep it from the parents because they might not be supportive and they might be hostile or even hurt the child. They want to get your kid that far down the road, because then they've got them. The kid's loyalty is to the activist and not to the parents. It's all part of the neo Marxist thing, whether it's through the critical race theory or the sex stuff. They've got your kid now, it's absolutely insidious. It's a troubling gender bending madness. Update five. I swear the people who push these laws out of be in prison.
Speaker 3: So we have some breaking news on the whole drone thing. The White House is going to brief the House Intelligence Committee today on the drones. Maybe the end of the thing will be today and those House members will come out and say, look, I can't say, but there's nothing to worry about, all right.
Speaker 1: Maybe that the inescapable conclusion is there's something to brief. Good point, Captain obvious over here. But you get what I'm saying, suh. Well, of course there's something to brief. They wouldn't call everybody together and say, all right, is the skiff closed? Everybody's got their their phones put away? All right? We don't know either. You have no idea that it's a bunch of drones. Apparently that's what we've heard. They're all just planes. Watch them step up the podium and say, this isn't our beat promotion, all right?
Speaker 3: Right, they got a new sandwich you're coming out called the drone. Elon Musk is a powerful, powerful guy, maybe more powerful than you even realized. Among other things on the way stay tune.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, shout out to our gay listeners. Thank you so much for listening. I hope you have a great holiday season. But we're straight men, Michael, this is the worst Christmas song ever recorded. It may be the worst song ever recorded. Now we got Bruce Springsteen. Santa Claus is coming to town. Bruce is that I'm not just lefty? It doesn't matter. It's a great song. How about Robert Earlteine Merry Christmas from the Family, a modern classic.
Speaker 3: Or more of that, Harry Connic Michael Bible stuff. That stuff is great. But Wham Last Christmas like Wham. I don't know about liking Wham, but I like George Michael my Son. His age group really into Guilty Feet, have got no rhythm. That song very popular among the youth. How would it not be, but that last Christmas Waam song is horrible. Geez, I would convert to a different religion if I had to listen to that very often. You know I'm gonna do this first, So yesterday I'm coming out of the grocery store last night, and I'm in line behind this woman and she is a older woman, like quite a bit older. She's like seventy or something like that.
Speaker 1: And they said, you.
Speaker 3: Want to help out in your bag, and she said, no, I think I got it. I think I got it under control. Don't worry about me. And that she's got her bags, and she's walking outside, and then she passes somebody I'm right behind her who's got a Santa hat on which I like to wear this time here, and she said, oh, I love your hat purple. That's cool. You don't usually say purple. And then she walks out and she says hello to some other people, a person with a big smile on her face.
Speaker 1: And I thought, I was.
Speaker 3: Thinking about what you always say about how much of your personality is just built into you in terms of because we know all these different studies or recommendations on how to have a better mood or be optimore optimistic or whatever. I thought, She's not doing any of that stuff. She was just born that way. I mean, she was so much more friendly in a five minute period, for five minute a sixty second period of me being.
Speaker 1: Behind her than I am in a month. Right. Well, she either like just escaped death or just got released from prison. Yeah, she had a couple leg nogs before she went shopping, or she's just built that way. Good for her, that's wonderful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I just thought I wish I was more like that, but I'm not. Is there anything I can do about that? I don't know. I really don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And then I.
Speaker 3: Got into the percentages of because sometimes, and we've all done this, where you're like in a bad negative mood and something snaps you out of it and you realize that you were in a bad negative mood and you were, you know, looking at things in the worst possible way or whatever. So there is something to attitude or having some control over it. So I was trying to think, is it like ninety ten, sixty forty, where do you think it is in terms of how much you can control that.
Speaker 1: I've always said that you can play with like twenty percent around the margins. I haven't thought seriously about it, but yeah, you come into the world with a particular mindset, and you can you can speed it up some or slow it down some. But a guy like you is never gonna be like her no again, unless you escape death or just released from prison, and that won't last more than like a week. No, no, no no.
Speaker 3: It's like after I get through with cancer and it had like no effect on me. And I've talked to other people who were like really hoping this was gonna be one of those and never after that for the rest of my life I had this attitude of Bob that didn't happen. I've talked to other people felt the same way. They car crash, cancer, whatever it was, and didn't change them a bit. There's still the same sortless surly negative person they were before.
Speaker 1: That is simultaneously really disturbing and really reassuring. I don't know. I don't know which.
Speaker 3: Right, I don't know what is He young had purple. You don't see that very often. That's great. I just thought, Okay, I wish I was like you, but I'm not. I admire it and I hate it, right both both. If I was very long, I wouldn't like it.
Speaker 1: Aren't strong and getty.
Speaker 5: Honestly, in the first time, I don't know what it was. It's like a complete opposite in the first one, and the press has covered that fairly. Actually for change the first one, they were very hostile and maybe it was my fault, but I don't really think so.
Speaker 1: They were just very right.
Speaker 5: From the beginning, and this one is much less hostile. It's really the opposite of hostile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Trump yesterday in his press conference talking about how this time around is so much different than last time and everybody wants to be his friend and work with him, and he's acting differently. We'll play a lot more from that press conference in hour four and then some punditry around it.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 3: Butrk Caalprin wrote this, Trump's determination to go down in history as one of the all time great presidents is currently the strongest factor in American politics.
Speaker 1: I would agree, Yeah, and it's undeniable that his manner has changed since perhaps well not perhaps since the assassination attempts, particularly the one that nick his ear. He's just I mean, when was the last time you heard Trump say so hostile the first time around? Maybe it was my fault. I don't think so. But that is very not Trump like. Yeah, really interesting, So I'm looking forward to that. That's our four. If you don't get our four, grab it via podcast later. I'm strong in getting on demand. I promise this on. I'm going to pay it off. Then we're going to get to some emails that you good folks have sent a lot of. It's really good and thought provoking. But there is a division.
Speaker 3: Among Kamala Harris's close friends and aids Team Harris.
Speaker 1: There's a conflict jack over whether she should run for California governor in twenty twenty because they know she would win, but that would make it harder for her to run for president again in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 3: That second part is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So that's the big conundrum on Team Harris right now. You've got to be kidding.
Speaker 3: I am not kidding. How are they not more self aware about her appeal?
Speaker 1: There are scraggly junkies screeching at fire hydrants right now. We have a better grasp of reality than Kamala Harris and her advisor.
Speaker 3: She has a zero chance of getting the nomination in her own party, let alone way presidency.
Speaker 1: She'll be hooted out of the very contest before a vote is cast again again.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Hey, he's gonna be our governor. We're gonna have Adam Schiff is one of our senators. And she's gonna be the governor. That's almost certainly gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Got this very nice note from John and Salem, Oregon. He says some very very nice things about the show and John. It's it's appreciated. It means a lot to us. Thank you. I'm not going to read them for reasons of Midwestern self effacement, but you're very, very kind.
Speaker 3: Joe never passes him along to me. He's worried I'll get the big head. As my chemistry teacher used to say in high school, word you get.
Speaker 1: The big head.
Speaker 3: You got them, you always have the big head. Though I laughed every time my chemistry teacher said that, I don't want to tell you that, or you might get the big head. Okay, whatever that means. I wanted to hit you with this story mentioned it earlier. Elon Musk's X account, according to The Washington Post, is not only the most followed account on all of Twitter, with two hundred million followers, the Washington Post declares it the most productive, most dominant information mouth in all of media in the United States of America. At this point, Elon Musk listen to Somebody's stats. Elon Musk's posts on X have received a total of one hundred and thirty three billion views since July. Again, according to The Washington Post, that's fifteen times Trump's audience, which is pretty big already, more than sixteen times the combined reach of all accounts belonging to all members of Congress. Those are stunning numbers. In the twenty six days around the election, So the one month around the election, two weeks before, two weeks after, Musk fired off about four thousand posts that received more than thirty three billion views, And again that's significantly more than even Trump has. His posts were seen by twice as many users as a post from the President elect. One more number I was going to hit you with before I get into Elon's personality around that. The post data reveal how rapidly Musk posts rocket across x after he tweets something. After an hour, Elon's typical post racked up more than two point four million million views in the first hour. Where else could you get that kind of reach? You just you couldn't go on a cable news show or the evening news or anywhere and get two point four million interactions in that amount of time, significantly more than the total views received by a Kamala Harris tweet, for instance, even if you left him up for weeks, so in an hour, Elon can get Elon, by the way, typically posts more than one hundred and thirty times per day.
Speaker 6: Uh, do you think he has a team doing that? Because I don't see Elon.
Speaker 3: I don't I think him. Yeah, I think it's just him.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 3: They never sound like he's got people that's tweeting out, like Joe Biden. Obviously you can tell, or Kamala Harrison. I feel like you obviously can tell when it's the team that put out a tweet.
Speaker 6: I think Joe Biden's would be like head.
Speaker 3: I think it's Elon sitting around with his phone in his hand.
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 3: I tweet one hundred and thirty times a day and run Twitter, run SpaceX, run neualink and twelve kids right, and.
Speaker 6: Be side by side with Trump who never stops.
Speaker 3: So the thing about Elon that I wanted to bring up that I found interesting, so one it noted that the Washington Post thinks Elon's got really the biggest platform in all of media anywhere in the country. But I was watching this guy, he's a I wish I could remember his name. He's a business leader, one of your super high level you know, Wall Street finance guys who's worked with Steve Jobs and Elon Musk. And he was talking about the signal to noise ratio, which with each one of those guys that would be Signal to noise is a scientific term, but people use it with other stuff all the time too. For instance, it's just like what is pure information versus fluff? And this business guy was talking about how Steve Jobs was a jerk, but Steve Jobs worked twenty hours a day and had a ninety percent signal to noise ratio. In other words, Steve Jobs was on the beam of what he was trying to accomplish ninety percent of the time in a given day, with only ten percent of like you know, getting distracted or things you know that weren't his goal for the day. He said, the amazing thing is having worked with Elon. Elon is one hundred percent signal. He works crazy hours and he's one hundred percent signal all day long trying to accomplish whatever his goals are. Never strays at all, which is cheez, what is you listening right now or me? What's your signal to noise ratio, like accomplishing things either work wise, kid wise, you know, working out whatever it is that you're trying to accomplish. What is your I might be fifty to fifty at bess Elon's one hundred percent signal all day long, and that's one of the ways he has dominated so many different industries and get so many things done. I just was it Kevin O'Leary that worked with both of them?
Speaker 6: I think it was, yeah, yeah, because he has a big thing about cutting through the noise, yes, being brutal about it, and I wish I was better at that, or maybe I can try back.
Speaker 1: But one hundred percent, now that's ridiculous.
Speaker 6: I think if we asked for a show of hands about ninety percent of our.
Speaker 3: Listener, Oh yeah, that's a special skill.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'd say.
Speaker 3: And I wonder how much of it has to do with Elon being on the spectrum somewhere that that either allows him to focus more or or helps him not get sidetracked more. I don't know, yeah, because he has Asperger's and all that sort of stuff, But yeah, I could accomplish a lot more. You could accomplish a lot more if we were one hundred percent focused all day long, every day, plus only needing to sleep four hours a day helps too. We got more on the way stay with us. So we're just talking about a couple different things, like Elon Musk's amazing one signal to noise ratio that he pulls off every day. And then earlier we were talking about your personality types and uh, just good attitudes, bad attitudes and all that kind of fits together with how you're built. We got this text that I thought was funny. Jack's constant reflection of himself kudos. It cracks me up because for nearly thirty years I've been listening to you reflect and you're still the same.
Speaker 1: I'mult simple, Jack, That's true.
Speaker 3: I've been trying. I'm reflecting on self improvement for nearly thirty years on this radio show and haven't improved nothing.
Speaker 1: Right, thirty years of reflection, zero personal growth. That's more or less my story too. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. I'd like to apologize to the listening audience for disappearing. I am working remotely, as I often do, and something went kerblue in the mothership, not the Iranian mothership, that is, you know, the base of the drone attacks, but the radio mothership. But anyway, I'm back through alternate means. How's it sound, Jack? Is this all right? Yeah? That's good enough. Well that's my standard, so perfect. I was just starting to read this charming note from John in Sale Morgan, which is not far from where my son lives, beautiful Central Organ and he says some very very nice things, and we thank him for that, but he says he's running errands with his kids, catching up on the show Friday, when we casually dropped the bomb that there was a relationship between Santa Claus in the early twentieth CE entry in the Coca Cola corporation. I'm not going to get specific. And then we had a whole conversation about nibbling cookies and why a dad might do that on Christmas Eve, and he says, cue the best conversation of my life with my six and a half year old son who suddenly became suspicious of everything, including me. Oh yeah, we actually I don't even want to read this because it would redo what happened.
Speaker 3: We've ruined a child's life, is what we've done.
Speaker 1: But he said, I quickly had to reassure him that this was all just a comedy sketch, not a real life expose on a conspiracy. And I would say to you, John Well, first of all, any loving dad who's active in his kids' lives and cares about this thing is a friend and a brother of mine. But brother, you got to be quicker to the dial number one. All right, you got to row. You gotta reach to that, or be quick with a who wants ice cream? Because that will obliterate anything the kids heard, like in the last you know, two and a half hours.
Speaker 3: That's funny, who wants ice Cream? I should have had that at the ready when my kids were younger. Anytime I needed who wants ice creaming time, they'd switch up. Now I'd have to say, look, boobs, it would be the best way to go.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, that is so funny. I have two teenage boys, you see, Yeah, so funny. Let's see what now? I like this one. We shared it at the very beginning of the show. Burbank Luke talking about the Fermi paradox. Why have we not come across more life in the universe? If there are so many millions of planets where it could exist, and I love the way he put this. The problem is that the other intelligent life could trumble along for eons and the primordial soup and the lungs, the legs, the opposable thumbs. Then they're using rocks as tools and so on. Eventually they figure out broadcast TV, which is what we're listening for, sitcoms from the Hexapus Family holiday specials, and the next thing you know, they blow each other up in the Pentane Wars. That last part is only two hundred years. It's a synchronization problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't read through the full piece from the scientists, though the numbers are so overwhelming that there should be somebody synchronized slightly behind us, slightly ahead us, or of the same as this, because there are gazillions of planets that should be where we are now just through happenstance.
Speaker 1: You would think, Yeah, I love this one from Richard. Happy holidays, guys. Listening to your show. One thing that caught my attention was the only fans Gallo decided to make remark by having sex with one hundred men in a day. I know that you are both well read and intelligent. Debatable, Richard, but thank you but as you've said, often, there are many subjects you just don't get to. Porn and its history I'm sure is one of them. Yeah, only vague notions of the history. Oh, porn. Having sex with a large group of men to set a quote unquote record is not new. And not only was it a sales pitch just a few decades ago, but various stars would advertise that they were going for the record. It even became a thing on shock jock radio shows later podcasts, and bragging why their score was more legitimate than Terry Tassel's or Hannah Hills or you know whatever fake porn name you want to throw out there. He said, So what has been will be again, and what has been done will be done again. There's nothing new under the sun. To quote Donald Trump's favorite book.
Speaker 3: That's true in terms of the specific stunt that woman did. That is not new. Internet porn is new. The ability to watch all these videos is new. The way it affects the brain, it's a new thing that did not exist before.
Speaker 1: On Hey, do we have time for this? Yes, we do. On a similar ish topic, got this note from Joe your discussion today I think it was yesterday about the Sexual Revolution reminded me of a piece earlier in the year taking talking up the male side of things and how men need someone to provide for and protect and how that will motivate them to work and be productive citizens. That's a very Jordan Peterson conversation. He's dead on that stuff. But anyway, he says, I thought i'd give you guys some insight into the late twenties crowd based on my friends and myself. Of the ten of us, zero have kids, one is married, one is engaged, two are in long term relationships, six have not had a long term relationship in the last seven years. Of those six, basically three basically aren't even pursuing women out of lack of desire to given the kinds of women they had dated before or matched with on dating apps. The other three are solely casual, not really connecting with anyone significantly. Our birth rate is already below replacement level. That's really interesting. Yeah, he says. It worries me seriously for the country in thirty years from now, when the lack of quantity in the younger generation reaches the workforce that's retiring. Yeah, well, when you're supposed to be supporting them through social Security.
Speaker 3: It's interesting that dating apps are so popular, yet there seems to be a pretty negative attitude about dating. I wonder if they go together. If the dating app experience is just more discouraging than the old way certainly might be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, yeah, it's obviously more prone to different outcomes than meeting people in person, are getting to know them after over a period of time, and then deciding, you know what, I kind of have feelings for this person anyway. Hey, yeah, it has to have an effect, all right. The final email I will offer from Gabrielle is both charming and horrifying. It's chorrifying, I don't know. So we were talking about teachers fearing for the lives of family friend who was supposed to be long term sub and dropped out because the kids are unruly and out of control in a way that they weren't even a few years ago. Just a quick anecdote about the new phenomenon of teachers fearing for their safety. Laura Ingalls Wilder's nineteen thirty three children's book Farmer Boy opens on the drama of having a new teacher after the former one was beaten to death. Oh my god, by a group of problem students. Wow. When they try the same thing with a new teacher, it's revealed that he has an ox whip under his desk and he thrashes the jerks within inches of airline.
Speaker 3: How clever to bring an oxwhip.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't bring an ox swip to a gunfight. I'm not advocating corporal punishment, but it was pretty amusing scene, and the teacher definitely stayed safe. I just wished i'd remember that bit was in the book before I decided to read it to my five.
Speaker 3: Year old, So that would have been the planes of the Midwest in the mid to late eighteen hundreds roughly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, she money.
Speaker 3: So much for our theory that there used to be more discipline in school and kids were better behaved.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on the new job. I think you'll really find teaching rewarding. Be sure to have deadly force. Its already the last teacher got beat to death.
Speaker 3: Bring your ow, don't show up to school. Wow, that is really interesting. I'm gonna have to seek that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy. Wow.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna do a little more from Trump's press conference and then some really interesting punditry around it that if you're a Trump fan, you're really gonna like, if you're a Trump hater, you're gonna be mystified by So we'll get to that in hour four. For some reason, you don't get our four or that segment, you can listen to it in podcast form. You just go to Armstrong and Getty on demand and you should subscribe. Then you automatically get fed all those chunks. That's the way that works. So we get a lot more on the way. I hope you can stay here
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty