Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya ret An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody. We are scrubbing in.
Speaker 3: Yes we are. It's gonna be one of those episodes where I'm a little tired.
Speaker 4: We are straight from the mountains, yeah, Colorado into.
Speaker 3: The or into the or how you where do.
Speaker 2: We even start? It was just like such an amazing weekend.
Speaker 3: It really was, And like, you know what's so funny because I was in a sorority. I love being in spaces with people. I like sleeping with a bunch of people. I like that. I don't know that like togetherness. And I was thinking about it. I'm like, had we not, like we shared a cabin together, had we not been given that assignment for the weekend, we probably would have shared like gone separate cabins or whatever or separate rooms, and it would have been such an experience. And I'm so happy that we had that experience, the four of us.
Speaker 2: It was really fun. Like I think we were all kind.
Speaker 4: Of worried about the well, first of all, we didn't know what the cabin layout was, so we didn't know it.
Speaker 2: Like Tanya was really on one and.
Speaker 4: She was looking at the website and she was like, I think this is our room, which is a real it's just like a bed, and then there's a pullout couch.
Speaker 2: So she's like, Robbie and I will take the pull out couch.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, there's no way that there's not two rooms if they put us in the same cabin, like that makes no sense.
Speaker 2: So room, yeah, I did. Yeah, that was another.
Speaker 4: Suggestion that it was like one so it's two rooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So.
Speaker 4: Haley and I had the room and we just had twin beds pushed together, which I will say that was we essentially slept separate because twin beds pushed together there's a large crevice in the middle.
Speaker 3: Even still just a little hack, a life hack for everybody. If you take two twin beds, you push them together and you just take a full sheet, you can basically make like one bed.
Speaker 4: Right, But they were all they were like separate main beds. So like then he's twin had it separate cover, you know. So it was like if I wanted to be not cold, I had to be on my little bed section. Haley slept great. She was like I was in the corner by myself whatever, So it was totally fine. And then there was another bedroom that was like they weren't right next to each other.
Speaker 2: No, it was a small cabin.
Speaker 4: But and then we had the one bathroom correct, And I really appreciated Robbie. Halen and I were saying that Robbie it was a game changer because he would just go if he needed to. I believe the word Ryan used on the Morning show was aroma. If he needed to create aroma, he would go to like the main lodge or like the bathrooms the general like public bathrooms that were part of the main lodge.
Speaker 3: I'd like feel him getting up out of bed at like five thirty and where are you go? And he's like zipping up his winter coat. He's like I have to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I'm like, wow, what a guy.
Speaker 4: Guy.
Speaker 2: But the thing was we were like, we're so tired, like we want to have.
Speaker 3: Especially if you think Becka and Hayley are waking up in any close to any sort of hour from.
Speaker 2: Now, you're very over time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had a full door. So but he was just like very He never made it a big deal. He's just like, all right, I'm going to go to the bathroom. And he and and you did say he was in his he was in his element and he was like becoming you know.
Speaker 2: Robbie was is a Beverly Hills guy.
Speaker 4: Grew up in the hills of Beverly, Yes, and he was thriving in the mountain nature.
Speaker 3: Is he's such a nature mountain man. Like it's very funny, like he likes he's like likes that that. I don't know like.
Speaker 2: That he's not though he's not, but he loves it. Yeah. Yeah, And so he really wants to.
Speaker 3: Throw the axe and he wants to fish, and he wants to like hike, and he wants to like be mister wilderness. It's so cute.
Speaker 4: I did get a great video of him attempting to chop the wood. Yeah, there was a outside there was already chopped wood like by the fireplace, so it wasn't like we needed it, but he really wanted.
Speaker 2: To see if he could chop it.
Speaker 4: And I really gave him a really great angle because it made it look like the log was huge.
Speaker 2: It looked like he was cutting like.
Speaker 3: A tree stump and it was his videos, so it made the tree really fall and like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like set him up for success. So that was really fun. We had a really great time. We all had like portable mirrors that had little lights on them that you had beca Tobin had posted, so we all ordered them and yeah, we just sat at the table and got ready together the girls, which is really cute.
Speaker 3: So cute, Like when when would we ever do that? Whenever we go like travel places for the podcast, like we always get separate rooms.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, and I think that that's obviously like great, but it was I felt like it. It was it was really special this weekend to be able to do that, and yeah, it was really fun. And we did have one day We're like the water went out or something. We don't know what happened, but Tanya had asked because Haley and I got there on Thursday night, so we were there by ourselves before y'all got there the next afternoon, and we had had no problem like taking shower and like it was like it wasn't oh my gosh, this pressure is incredible, but it was like decent water pressure, and so Tony goes that could come here, I need to I need to rinse off.
Speaker 2: Is this what the water pressure was last night? And I go in it's like drips like it's literally like.
Speaker 3: Drip drip out of the faucet and I sit in the tub like I don't even know what and I'm like birdying myself clean. It was actually very comical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so once that got situated, we were smooth sailing with sailing.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 4: I can't go, like to the bathroom, I can't go in public places like it's like I have to be very much alone. So at one point we were sitting at at the main lodge and I like looked around and I was like, there's Tanya, Robbie and Hailey. No one's in the cabin. I'm going. I just was like gotta go. Yeah, don't come in, please, don't.
Speaker 2: Sit here, don't sit here.
Speaker 4: I don't even know where to begin with the wedding festivities, because it was one of the most beautiful wedding locations and setups.
Speaker 2: But also everyone was on the.
Speaker 4: Property, so yeah, I think like sixty five people or something were actually on the property staying in the cabins on location, and it was so cool to just spend time with everybody and be together and like have the whole weekend. But also there was everyone could kind of do your own thing. They were like hikes, you get fish.
Speaker 3: It was so nice and I actually, like I want, like I feel what they created was such a it was like it was they called it camp Bell, but it felt like a little summer camp get away for just a bunch of adults, a lot of couples. And we didn't have service outside of the main lodge, so we would just like walk down to the main lodge see who was there and what they were doing, and then like if we wanted to do that with them, we would go, and like if somebody was doing something else, we'd go with them. And there was a sense of like community and camaraderie and just like good old fashioned fun as like silly as it sounds like playing chess and games and.
Speaker 2: By the fires.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I love that. And actually, you know, that's like the first time Robbie ever spent time with Dean and Kaylin was. It was one of the trips we were supposed to do was like a podcast trip up in Napa.
Speaker 4: M hm.
Speaker 3: You ended up getting COVID and so we had to end up like we didn't record the podcast there, but we didn't cancel the trip. And so it was like the first weekend that Robbie Ever spent time with them, and we spent the whole weekend like playing fish bowl and playing games and like doing dinner and just kind of like having that same kind of feel, and so it was just really nice because it kind of felt this the same way this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're just It was really cool because it.
Speaker 4: Was very much Dean in the sense that it was like rustic and mountaine and that vibe, but then Kaylen brought this sense of like beauty and elegance to this location that was very like rustic, and it.
Speaker 2: Was just the perfect combo.
Speaker 4: That we had field day on Friday, y'all weren't there yet, but we all got separated into teams and they just pulled him out of hat so like everyone was just paired with people and it was fun because we got to know people outside of the people we've known forever.
Speaker 2: And it was really cute because.
Speaker 4: Haley was on ended up being on the winning team, which was I think Dean's team, and she has like an injured shoulder, so she hasn't like she was a little bit nervous about field day because she was like, I want to I want to be a part of the team.
Speaker 2: But like, I don't.
Speaker 4: I can't risk like injuring myself more for field day, you know. But they had a flip cup game where it was like flip cup tic tac toe, and she volunteered to do that and she ended up winning, and it was it's like the most like purror reaction because I didn't think anything of it. I looked over and she was like celebrating with their like hands in the air, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, babe, good job.
Speaker 4: But she was like, I just it felt like I thought they were gonna like lift me up and chant my name, and she was like, I think, I just I didn't know that I was gonna be able to contribute, and to be able to get one of the points for my team by doing that was like the coolest thing.
Speaker 2: So everyone would like come up and be like our flip cup champ. So it was like really cute.
Speaker 3: All weekend, people kept coming up to Haley being like, yeah, good job, like what the heck did she do? And so.
Speaker 4: And then one of the nights when we were sitting in the fire or by the in the lodge, Haley started the fire like all these guys were standing around and Haley literally started the fire and it was like huge.
Speaker 2: Tanya said it would win, would have.
Speaker 3: Won her the million dollars on Survivor, like if she had to go into the fire making competition and it would have burned right through that rope and she would have gone on.
Speaker 2: She loves she loves building a fire.
Speaker 4: So it was fun having her there and just getting to spend time with everybody. I love Ashley and Jared, I love Ben and Jazz, Debbie and Josh and Sarah and Wells.
Speaker 2: It was like it was so fun.
Speaker 3: It was and like, honestly, I haven't I've known Debbie Debbie Ryan. I've known her for years, Like I met her years and years and years ago, and I hadn't seen her since before the pandemic, So what's that now, like three or four years And I didn't even know she was gonna be at the wedding, and so I saw her and it was just like so sweet, and she was like congratulating Robbie I on the engagement, and I got to spend time with her husband, who's like this was so awesome, so sweet and so kind and just like such a gem. Yeah, I mean it was just like really just awesome awesome people. There was a girl there who started Yellow the label who's friends with Kaylin. Her name's MK, and Robbie and I went on like the hike. We were kind of like in the back with her, so we spent like hours with her and we just chatted about marriage and life and being a female entrepreneur and like I'm so obsessed with her now, and like she doesn't live in LA, unfortunately, I feel like we're gonna have to be like long distance friends. I feel she might come to LA a lot though social media friends. Yeah, but it just kind of had that like that feeling of just like meeting people that I really loved and want to like stay in touch with, and just like such a good fun vibe and everybody was like so like it makes me emotional because everybody's so welcoming to Robbie because he is kind of like the newest person around, Yeah, and like everybody always takes him under their wings, and like he always kind of bros out with the guys and they have these like moments together and it like makes me really emotional.
Speaker 4: It was just it's and Robbie and Haley had an emotional chat. It was just cute like I talked to someone. But you know, we talked a little bit about this on Ben and Ashley's Almost Famous podcast. But Ben was saying that he was like dealing with some anxiety over certain things he said, And I had that moment for some reason when I woke up this morning.
Speaker 2: I was like, did I overshare? Did I say something uncomfortable? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is it weird that I don't have that?
Speaker 2: No, I think it's weird that we do have it. Like, I think it's weird that, like I question.
Speaker 4: I know I didn't do anything that was weird, you know, But in my mind, I'm like, did I was I nice?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Did I was I a good wedding guest?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I was like, should I have asked Kaylin if she needed stuff?
Speaker 3: Your weekend? Kaylen is like are you having a good time? I'm like, oh you are? This is your weekend? What are you talking about me having good time? Are you having good time?
Speaker 4: But I was gonna say I noticed that her two best friends that gave the speech at the rehearsal dinner, which we'll get to the Mountain Chic Attire soon, they said that about Kaylen. They were like, you know, Kaylan is the most thoughtful, giving person and even we imagine even tomorrow on her wedding day, she's going to be asking if anyone needs anything. And I was like, Kaylen is obviously like very physically beautiful, you can just see that in her photos and videos, But she has the sweetest heart that No, she's like the best.
Speaker 2: She's just so kind and caring and.
Speaker 3: It's genuine, Like it's like it's like in her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not like a front. She's just like that.
Speaker 4: And then Dean is just he's still the same, but she has her coming into his life has made him a better person.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 4: Just like the way he speaks about her and talks about her and what she's done for him is just it was really emotional. The wedding was like so sweet and intimate.
Speaker 3: It felt really personal. Yeah, like it felt very personal. It just felt really intimate is the right word. There was so much love coming from them and like just like little things that they were saying in their vows that are so nuanced that I was picking up on that are just so special. You just feels like, you know, they like they really complete each other. Yeah, and they make each other a better person, and I don't know, it's just really special.
Speaker 2: It just felt very much like the both of them, which was cool.
Speaker 3: I do want to say. I feel like because we were talking about like the we were scared to go out with one bathroom and stuff, and I'm like, I don't want Caitlin to feel like, oh yeah, we're like making fun of anything is obviously like totally a joke and like all fun because I'm honestly grateful that we shared that cabin because I like have that memory forever, the four of us, Like you know.
Speaker 4: Me too, I feel the same, and I I would do it again, like if they did it like a reunion, annis.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't want my like every time we travel. Now you know we're getting a big like four of us.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that'll be a different day to talk about that.
Speaker 3: No, it's just how it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: I'm uncomfortable. No, it worked out.
Speaker 4: No, it was great, I really And then the last night, so the whole time we were kind of like, oh, are we gonna see animals? Like I was really scared about bears and like making sure.
Speaker 3: So Ben texted us like two days before we came out and was like, make sure, you guys, don't eat any stickers bars before you come out, and like just really induce the panic. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then luckily Jess stepped in and was like, Ben is being so mean, Like you are fine if you've had snickers or any sweets, but don't you know, just be aware of where you keep the food, which I appreciated. So I was very much on the lookout for bears, but we didn't see neither were Did you all know chipmunks are really really small?
Speaker 2: I didn't know this.
Speaker 1: We had chipmunks in Wisconsin growing up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you think they were like chippendale size?
Speaker 2: Like no, I thought they were like squirrel size.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but are they not?
Speaker 2: Pointed them out? Like every time I saw them, they're like this big.
Speaker 3: You saw chipmunks.
Speaker 4: They were everywhere.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, maybe they're about half the size of squirrels, maybe a little less than that.
Speaker 2: They're so cute. I think there might be my new favorite animal.
Speaker 3: Well, I think there was one a chipmunk in our kitchen one morning.
Speaker 4: I will well, we did see some of our avocados had a couple of nibbles, all of them, so we do think there was a little something rumbing around a.
Speaker 3: Little country grammar, running around our kitchen country.
Speaker 4: So the last night, we're kind of packing up and uh, Haley goes, oh no.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, no no, And I was like, what what is it?
Speaker 4: And she's like, there's there's there's mice droppings in my suitcase.
Speaker 2: And I'm like what.
Speaker 4: And I go look and I see little like black dots and I'm like, oh no. And in my mind, I'm like, I knew I heard something wrestling around. Like one the first night, I was like, babe, she was half asleep and I'm like, do you hear something's in the cabin, like something's wrestling And she's like, no, you're hearing outside. It's fine. So in my mind I was like, I knew it. I heard something. So she comes out and tells Robbie and Tanya and they're both like no.
Speaker 3: So then I'm panicking. I'm like, babe, get your suitcase off the floor, like, let's put it up on something. We don't want animals scurrying in your stuff. So Tania takes yeah, send in the modern woman to investigate. Investigate. Yes, I am brave. Thank you for saying that. I went into that suitcase with a tissue paper, and I was like, show me, you said droppings, Hayley. She points me over and there's three droppings in the thing. I take my little kleenex and I start moving it.
Speaker 2: It's hardy.
Speaker 3: A couple of nights, yeah, a couple of nights. I'm like, this doesn't feel right. So I pick it up with my kleenex and realize that they are rhinestones, three upside down rhinestones in her suitcase. That made us all. We were frantic, like, I was very uncomfortable for about an hour, like mistake, mistake.
Speaker 5: You see the tracker look at that investigating droppings.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm going to do this more often in my life. Inspect her gadget. Yeah, somebody says something, I'm going to be like, let me see it before I believe it.
Speaker 4: I'm really happy you took initiative because it really gave me peace of mind to move forward with the night.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Me tood to like move forward and like going to cabin again.
Speaker 3: Me too.
Speaker 4: If it was a chipmunk, I would have been like, that's so cute where rat rat crosses them?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, right across the life.
Speaker 6: Something Ben Higgins said about this venue. That made me laugh was he was talking about how like he's like, I've been to this place before. There's no cell signal. It's beautiful, So you know it's going to happen. Everyone's going to be present, just talking to each other and no one's gonna be on their phones. It's gonna be so nice. And actually it's like, so there's no Wi Fi or anything, and he's like, no, there's Wi Fi, but you know you have to like make a FaceTime call instead of like a phone call. And she's like, oh, so it's like not different than normal, and he's like, yeah, it's yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 3: Because the thing is that you only had Wi Fi in like the main lodge. So like when we were in our cabin, our phones were dead, like you could make a call FaceTime. Yeah, Like you're like in dead zone outside like the main so if you need to like make a FaceTime or you want to like check your emails and stuff, you had to walk to the main cabin And.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's very cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was very shut off. Like I did feel very detached this weekend.
Speaker 4: I loved it, though, Like at first I was like, oh, you know, I haven't done that in a while. But I loved not looking at my phone before bed. I loved like not waking up and immediately okurch.
Speaker 3: My phone in the kitchen. Who am I?
Speaker 4: It was just it was just so nice to not even like someone said something about Instagram and I was like, I haven't even looked. I haven't even even when I was in the main lodge. I wasn't like checking or posting or anything. It was just I loved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Need I need to do that more often.
Speaker 3: I need to do that more often too, I am. I do spend a lot of time scrolling and U did not do that this weekend.
Speaker 4: Tanya also got a lesson on how to take photos, which was much needed because she'll be like, beccha, will you take a photo of me and Robbie And.
Speaker 3: I give her just like options like like oreads shoots, like I just get like these picturesque like cinematic videos.
Speaker 4: And then I asked Tanya to take a photo of me in Haley and I'm like, just snap it, like, just can't take it fast. We're going to be moving, something will be in their candid I get my phone back, there's like seven photos my portrait mode, which I'm.
Speaker 3: So proud of these photos. By the way, they're like sitting on the cabin, I'm below them. I was like like a like a wooden rod next to Haley, and I'm like, oh, this is going to frame out so beautifully. I'm in portrait mode. I'm like thinking, I'm doing such a good job. And I had them back.
Speaker 4: It was so bad that I was like I kind of thought like was this a joke?
Speaker 2: Like there was a little bit of me that was like, oh, this is like kind of funny.
Speaker 3: And then I felt like the whole rest of the weekend, I need to make it up to her. So I was like following them everywhere taking photos.
Speaker 2: Which I didn't ask for. I didn't one. I wasn't looking for that at all.
Speaker 4: So I go the next night for the wedding, I'm like, okay, I'm going to show you how to take like to set it up so that you can get a good photo. So I gave her a lesson and she crushed it and thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was just like it was just some short and sweet lessons that you need it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I could. I'm I'm a sponge, Just give me, give me give me the all of the advice.
Speaker 4: Should we take a break and come back and talk about mountain cheek attire? Yes, okay, we'll be here at that. All right, we're back. So we talked a lot about the attire being mountain cheek and what that meant, what we were gonna wear. I felt like you really nailed it.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I feel like you really nailed it as well. But mountain cheek is like the opposite of I would say my style. I'm more like city grunge, you know, like city gow. Oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like your city chic. That's hard to say city she.
Speaker 3: I'd say city grunge gal, okay, So mountain she was stress stressful for me.
Speaker 2: Well, I had bought my cowboy boots.
Speaker 4: I was already and then I was like, I feel like I need a hat, Like I felt upset that I didn't have a hat. So luckily in the main cabin they had like a little shop that had like boots and a tire and they had like not a tie clothes. I don't know if they could have a tire in there, so I just wanted to clarify. But they had hats, so I purchased a hat to wear, which I don't know, me asking where you got that hat.
Speaker 3: From the blewipeup.
Speaker 2: No affiliate link for that one.
Speaker 4: So then Haley's like, wait, do I need a hat? And so we were talking about it. She's like, I just don't know if I want to buy one. I'll literally never wear a cowboy hat again. And Ben was like, I brought hats in case anyone needed a hat.
Speaker 2: I have hats.
Speaker 4: So we walk over to the car and he gives her a hat and it fits perfectly and goes with their outfit and really just like completed her look.
Speaker 2: So that was a really cute little moment.
Speaker 3: But not all heroes wear capes.
Speaker 2: No, they wear cowboy hats and cowboy boots. Yeah, Ben Higgins.
Speaker 3: Ben Higgy.
Speaker 4: But the star of the show obviously was Kaylin that night. I I was like, I gasped when I saw her.
Speaker 3: Her Every single outfit she wore was like crazy.
Speaker 2: She I mean, yeah, she.
Speaker 4: Could wear like a trash bag and bee stunning, but this was like a silk dress, like white dress with the white like cowboy hat.
Speaker 3: Is that a cowboy hat?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 4: Like a cowboy like a western white hat. She looked straight out of a magazine. Yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 3: The whole wedding felt like every single part of it felt like it was straight out of a magazine. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I loved how the chairs are facing the aisle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never seen that before.
Speaker 2: It felt like a runways.
Speaker 3: So interesting because I feel like now when I go to weddings, I'm like looking at things and taking notes of like, yeah, like I really like that that everybody's like facing the aisle. I want to do that, you know, Yeah, I want to have a tattoo artist at my wedding.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there was a tattoo artist at the reception, so.
Speaker 4: You had to put your name on the list and they had like pre it was like you chose from a sheet, so you couldn't just like say, oh I want this, and they do it. And I was about to get it because they had a little spicy pepper and I was like, oh, I could do a spicy margarita, like I love a spicy margarita. Do a little tiny little pepper. And they're like, yeah, you can't scale it. It's the size.
Speaker 2: And it was like this, it was this big giant.
Speaker 4: It was a huge and I was like, I don't even know where I could put that.
Speaker 2: Where wouldn't it be like why did I do that? Like regret central?
Speaker 4: And then I was like, maybe I'll get a little mounting. They had a little mountain like outline, which was really cute and small. I think Kalin got it, and I was like, I could do that because that would be a great memory of the weekend.
Speaker 2: But the line was so long at that point that I was like.
Speaker 3: It's okay, so long, like the amount of people that got tattoos, it's so cool.
Speaker 4: Though, Like I kind of woke up going, dang, did I make a mistake not doing it for the weekend, But it's okay, I don't have any.
Speaker 3: So I was like I don't have any either.
Speaker 2: You know. I think if I had already had tattoos, it would have been a no brainer.
Speaker 3: I would have like got a dot, oh, just the dots, like break myself in you're Phoebe.
Speaker 2: You're literally Phoebe from brind Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: This is the earth for a three million yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah.
Speaker 4: It was just I left being like this is if if if or when Haley and I get married, Like I would love.
Speaker 2: To do something like that.
Speaker 3: Everyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was so fun. I just loved the like togetherness. I loved that everyone was on the property, everyone ate together.
Speaker 2: Everyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was just everyone sat around and like but did their own things.
Speaker 2: Still, it was just perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. I loved the vibe they created, just such a great vibe, a great weekend. We're amazing hosts and couldn't be happier for them. Yeah, couldn't be happier for them. It was really really fun.
Speaker 4: Some big things happen though, while we were out of touch with pop culture and well.
Speaker 3: We were like borderline coming back into touch when it all went down. Because I remember Robbie was watching his fantasy football stuff and I'm seeing all this like Taylor Swift stuff in his feed, and that's when I saw the news.
Speaker 2: That's when you heard the news. That's when I heard Taylor Swift at the Chiefs game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on this? I don't think it's real. Oh you think they're just like going along with it.
Speaker 3: I think they're maybe dating, But I don't think it's like because she it was with Joe for six years, and that girl likes to hide. She does not like her romantic life to be public. And I think the fact that these last couple guys have been public have shown that it's just like.
Speaker 2: But they're dating, you think, just as casual.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if they're even dating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. A. Tony's very down on this whole thing. She's very poop pooing the.
Speaker 3: Whole pooing it. I just don't think that everybody thinks that they're like boyfriend girlfriend. I just don't think it's that far down.
Speaker 1: Maybe not, But I say, yesterday was a hard launch.
Speaker 3: Really I do, do you not?
Speaker 4: I like you said, everything she does is private, so like, regardless of what it means or what if it's just casual or whatever, she wanted everyone to know she was there exactly.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree.
Speaker 1: Why why if not they're sitting next to his mom watching him play football. Why what's the motivation if not a hard launch of the world that this is a thing, because the logistics of Taylor Swift attending a football game are not just a whim.
Speaker 3: But that's the same thing with Matty Healy too. Like that was very public. We all saw photos, paparazzi shots, and that girl when she wants to hide, like she knows how to hide, so it's like she wants to be seen. I don't know what that wanted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the motivation?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I think it's not.
Speaker 4: Do you see the video of him like looking up and seeing her though, and he's like gets this like big smile and he's so.
Speaker 1: Cute and sweet. I'm so down too.
Speaker 4: But I can't tell what I think about him, Like sometimes I find him to be just kind of like obnoxious, Like I don't know, there's something about him that I just he's very arrogant and cocky.
Speaker 2: But I think that's the way people like him.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I think it's an endearing arrogant and cocky for some reason.
Speaker 3: To me. It is.
Speaker 1: Anyway, when he hosted Saturday Night Live, which not a lot of athletes can pull off.
Speaker 2: That Saturday Night, he was great.
Speaker 4: And I think he's like swaggy. I think he has like this or about him that people are drawn to.
Speaker 3: He's he's like thinks he's cool.
Speaker 4: He knows well he is cool. I think he knows he's cool, and so you can feel that. And I think that in a way, Taylor Swift is also an athlete in her own right. If you've seen the aerostore and there's a quiet confidence that she has about her, So I think that the power of them works. It's just so random to me that I'm like, I don't know if it's like what the longevity of it is, but it's fun.
Speaker 3: Athletes understand her life more than other people would.
Speaker 1: I think that's great.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 3: I think the way the athletes have to train and they have to live their lives is probably very similar to the way that Taylor has to like train for her tour and like live her life on tour.
Speaker 1: In life during a sports season are very similar.
Speaker 5: Ruined venues.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Like it just feels very parallel.
Speaker 2: Although I am really ready for the songs about him, whatever they will be.
Speaker 1: But don't you think he could be as simple as he shut he shot his shot, you know, he joked about putting his phone number on the bracelet when she was in Kansas City. Didn't get to meet her, but that got a lot of press, And couldn't you have just been like, hmm, I looked into this guy a little bit, thought he was handsome, enjoyed his vibe, watched I don't know his SNL or his commercials or whatever, and thought that's.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Yeah, which is what I think she's doing.
Speaker 1: Reached out, Yeah, went out a few times, and he's like, you got to come and see you for football. So he said, Okay, I will.
Speaker 3: That's what's happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's a relationship.
Speaker 2: Allegedly.
Speaker 4: I read somewhere that she shut down a whole restaurant.
Speaker 2: So that they could Are you sure I read she did?
Speaker 3: I read he did well.
Speaker 4: Either way, they shut down a whole rush on to go have like a dinner yeah after the game or something.
Speaker 3: Though I did. I was like watching I mean the content. I couldn't get enough so good. I was watching the There's like a photo of her in the suite and there's like a plate next to her and has like a piece of chicken and ketchup and ranch ranch, yeah, seemingly ranch. And like everybody's like, ah, she's so relatable. She's just like chicken, ranch and ketchup. I'm like, oh my gosh, it's too good.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 4: It's great for the NFL, it's great for tailors.
Speaker 3: Like everything makes me happy. If like she's involved with like football stuff on Sundays, that just makes my Sunday's least annoying having to like watch like my fake fantasy team and Robbie's fantasy team.
Speaker 4: Has there ever been a more powerful person that has the influence that she has, like genuinely like, has there ever been someone that has this hold on people?
Speaker 5: The Beatles?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the Beatles were I mean, yes, there are people that were as popular as she is, but they didn't they weren't in this era of constant twenty four to seven social media and news coverage. Like that convergence is interesting. It's kind of like what if Michael Jackson existed? Now, Yeah, what wouldn't be like, well, it'd be a lot like this.
Speaker 5: I think I saw a really great tweet about Kelsey.
Speaker 6: There was a picture of him just like staring into the camera as he walks by with Taylor and says, this is a man who knows he's in too deep and sees potential embarrassment around every corner. Millions of women are waiting to hate you, and your own fans are gonna call your situationship a distraction. But if he backs out, he's a coward.
Speaker 5: He can't win. It's fascinating, Oh my god, so true.
Speaker 3: I also saw somebody post this that it was during Taylor's Red tour, like Red and a fan brought like a Kelsey jersey to their meet and greet, So she's like holding it up and this is during her Red.
Speaker 5: Invisible string.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like an invisible string now like tying them back together after however many what is this? When was the Red album come out forever.
Speaker 5: Ago twenty twelve or something.
Speaker 3: She's holding up his jersey.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that is so cool.
Speaker 3: Are you all along? There was some shaky invisible stream tying you to.
Speaker 2: Me so much?
Speaker 1: Do we agree on this or we don't agree on this? What I'm saying this is a budding relationship. They've been out a handful of times, they've spent the night together a few times, and this is just what we saw yesterday was an escalation where she spends the day with his mom watches them play football. Maybe we'll see him with Taylor's mom at a concert in Belgium in the spring. You know what I'm saying, It's all heading in this direction. Oh you're saying this is not what's happening.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's what's happening.
Speaker 1: Do you think this is some sort of publicity stunt.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think it's a publicity. I do think that they're dating or have gone on a date. I just don't think it's anything serious.
Speaker 2: This is what I think.
Speaker 4: I think Travis Kelsey is different than a Matt Healey in the sense that he's going to pursue her and he's going to put in the effort of like trying to like.
Speaker 2: Make the relationship work as long as she's in it.
Speaker 4: I see that him doing that, and I also have a vision of both of their moms hanging out.
Speaker 2: They both seem very like sweet and warm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do. They do seem sweet and warm. Only time will tell.
Speaker 4: Only time to tell. But it's fun. I will say it is exciting. And the weekends.
Speaker 6: Her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 4: Something really funny that happened was that Robbie posted a photo of the two of you and said, like, what would our country music group be? And Easton said little big tongue. And I just thought that was one of the funniest.
Speaker 6: I submitted a lot of ideas, that was the one that made the story.
Speaker 5: It's a great photo.
Speaker 3: It's a great photo, thanks guys.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, that was a little bit of the weekend. It was wonderful. Taylor Swift and Travis were happy for you whatever it is.
Speaker 2: And do we miss anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do feel like we missed a lot. Oh, but it's okay.
Speaker 2: Do you have it?
Speaker 3: No, I'm trying to look back at photos. I feel like I was very drunk a lot of the weekend. So it's going to come back to me in spurts.
Speaker 2: Okay, not great for the podcast, but right, So.
Speaker 1: This week we'll do twenty mini podcasts as they come back to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, so if one comes up, you can just write it down and be like, oh I thought about this and.
Speaker 3: Next actually started doing that now.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, Yeah, but not for this episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the turnaround from last night's Yeah, it was very stressed. I was trying to get my training reports to Mark on time. Our flights were delayed and so I was like I had to pick up Sonny. There's like a lot, yeah, lot going on.
Speaker 2: I'm with you. I'm in recovery today. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, we are going to take a break and we'll be back with emails. So maybe something will come to you during the break. All right, we are back. What were you saying?
Speaker 3: There's something about Robbie and Haley bonding that like really does something to my heart, Like it really melts me.
Speaker 2: It's really cute.
Speaker 3: It's really cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what they talked about.
Speaker 4: They talked about something at dinner, but they both I don't know what he told you, but she was like, yeah, Robbie made me really emotional at dinner, and I was like, what, like what about And I think he just like gave her some like really encouraging words and like it was just I think there's something about.
Speaker 2: Someone who's.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're as different as as like they seem like they would be, because I think he is like very passionate about art and has like a very similar personality and drive in certain ways. And I think there's something about someone who's so different and him being a man and like being very much in like a.
Speaker 2: Very hetero world.
Speaker 4: Like the way he thinks of her and speaks her is like really beautiful and like it's very sweet, you know, because it's like I don't know if in any other world he and Haley would have met or like hung out, you know.
Speaker 2: So I think that's one of those things.
Speaker 4: That's just like really cool to watch as obviously their partners.
Speaker 2: It's really sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is really sweet.
Speaker 2: Okay, we are going to get to emails.
Speaker 1: Mark take it away, all right, Becka, thank you very much. This is from anonymous. So my fiance comes from a country where weddings are not very culturally significant. It's common for people to live together with the intention of staying together forever pretty much and having children together without ever getting married. I'm not sure what country that would be. I've never heard of such a place. Therefore, the whole concept of a wedding ceremony and its traditions don't hold much weight in his eyes, and he finds many of the traditions over the expensive and on of his necessary. He also thinks engagement rings are too expensive for what they are, but it's still willing to exchange rings if they're reasonably priced. I settled for a gold band, but he said it was too basic. So I found to ring that were more interesting, but he said they're too expensive. I found cheaper alternatives in sterling silver that have pretty designs, but I prefer gold over silver, but getting solid gold is more expensive than sterling silver. Should I stop being picky and settled for silver? Should I go with gold plating, even though it will eventually fade. Sometimes I feel like he only thinks about his way and what he thinks is correct. But it may also be that I'm being too picky curious to hear your thoughts in this situation. This is a new one for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that the last question of like.
Speaker 4: Should Sometimes I feel like it's only his way or he only thinks about his way or what he thinks is correct.
Speaker 2: That's a very that's a very.
Speaker 4: Telling sentence, because that seems like this isn't the first time where she hasn't felt like herd or it's just been his what he thinks. I think wanting a ring that you're going to wear forever, in wanting it to be something that you love and that is going to fade or tarnish, is a very valid thing. I think there's a way that you can like the fact that she settled for a gold band, but then he thinks it's too basic, But then she found something else that she liked.
Speaker 3: Me too, That whole paragraph made me so uncomfortable, because, Okay, I understand somebody like you know, weddings and traditions and stuff like, if you're not raised in that and not carrying so much weight. But if it means something to your partner, then that's important. And I just feel like he's just kind of doing it to just like appease you, but not really. It's like kind of half assing it in a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that your expectations and what you want like this is just because it wasn't something he grew up in his culture. You did, and that's okay for you to want those things. And I think that there's a middle grad where it's like, hey, I know I can't have my dream ring right now, but this is like what I like, or or looking for options that maybe.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think that you being you settling for something and then him saying no to that is just a.
Speaker 2: Weird I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna say manipulation because I don't know if it's that, but it's like, you.
Speaker 2: Can't win, right, it's not a partnership.
Speaker 4: You want a gold band and he says no, until you pick out something else and he says no, Yeah, so what do you do you can't win?
Speaker 1: You say bye, there's a compromise, I think, yeah, right, Like it's two separate arguments here spending fifty grand on a wedding or something. I understand the argument that it's ludicrous to spend that kind of money on one night. It's silly, we should do something small er whatever. I think that's fine. If you're buying something you're going to have for the rest of your life, you can drop a couple of bucks on it, right. I mean you're literally going to have I've had this ring on my finger for twenty one years now. You know, like this is something and that's going to be part of your life and part of your hand forever. I think you got to spend some money on that, and I think that's fine. I think he needs to understand that. And then I think that the trade off is, let's cut costs where we can for the wedding and make it more of a simple affair, since that's not a major part of his culture. If that's cool with you too, and if that's a deal breaker for you too, there's always got to be compromised. But yes, it does sound like his way or the highway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like it doesn't even sound like they're doing doing a wedding, right.
Speaker 4: No, So if he's not willing to meet you and plan a wet and plan a wedding with you. Then he can at least buy you a ring that you love. And I agree there is compromise because you don't want him to go into debt because he can't afford your ring. But I think there's a way of doing something that you get what you want and that he.
Speaker 2: Can meet you at I don't know. I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 1: It's not great.
Speaker 3: It's robbing me a really wrong way.
Speaker 1: But it's far farbi it from us to say don't marry this person who is clearly love of your life.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: I don't think you're being too picky, is all I'm saying. And I think that he I do think there's a conversation of saying, hey, I really I understand where you're coming from on the cost of things, and I want to be able to meet you in the middle, but I need you to also meet me in the middle, because we're two people trying to make this work, not one person.
Speaker 1: Well put yeah, so much And a one sentence question from Katie, what is your number one golden bit of a relationship advice you wish you knew sooner? This is good because now you both are kind of on the other side of this. You've been through it, you're engaged, you are deeply committed long term relationships. What is the relationship advice you wish you had been told when you were younger?
Speaker 3: So much I don't even know, I know where do I start? And I think I wish that I am engaged, engaged to a man that is very securely attached, so therefore he handles arguments very differently than I do. I'm anxiously attached. So when we would get into arguments and he would want like space, you know, he just want to like sleep on it and talk about it tomorrow, I would spiral, like I would think everything was the end of the relationship, because that's just how an anxious attached person kind of lives their life. And I lost a lot of sleep over some of these arguments and things. So I wish that. I guess my best piece of advice would be to learn so much about your partner and how they handle situations, and like, is this making andy sense? Okay? Learn your partner and like how they handle situations and adapt to that, because I wish that now whenever we have disagreements we do, we step away from it. We both step away from it for a minute. We just like watch TV and then like talk about the next day, and we're so much clearer headed and come to a compromise a lot quicker. And I feel like in the beginning of our relationship was met with like a lot of anxiety and it would create like a lot of turmoil in me that was so unnecessary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so like kind of learning like how your partner communicates essentially, because yeah, I agree, there's times where Haley's ready to settle it right there and I'm like I can't even think straight because I'm so frustrated and I need space. And then she would be like, you're just abandoning me, and I'm like, no, no, no, I just want to be able.
Speaker 2: To for it to be productive.
Speaker 4: I would say that like focusing on your relationship and not listening to outside opinions. I mean, I think you have people that you respect in your life, and if they come to you and have like a concern or want to talk to you about something, and you can hear them and listen. But I think like knowing that you and your partner are the ones in the relationship. I think not listening to opinions on the outside of like if it's right, if they're the right person for you. Like I do think there's certain people in your life, Like if Tanya came to me and she was like, I just want to make sure that you're okay in this relationship.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: If Haley's like a great partner to you, I would be like, okay, Like I'm gonna think about that.
Speaker 2: But if there's people that.
Speaker 4: Don't know your partner or know you and they're having opinions, it's just like it's just outside noise sometimes. And I think it's like, you put in the work that you want to in this relationship, and I think it's important to focus on that and not just let other people's expectations.
Speaker 3: That's a great one. Not letting people's expectations or opinions into.
Speaker 2: Yeah, infiltrate the relationship. Well that's all for now.
Speaker 4: I'm sure we may have things that come to our mind that we miss. We're just both coming from the altitude and the long travel day. I genuinely have two brain cells that are actively fighting to work right now. So we love you all so much. Have a wonderful weekend. We have a fun episode this Thursday with Hunter March Yes and.
Speaker 2: We love so much. Week byes
Speaker 4: HM