Speaker 1: Your tunes about drive on your twenty four to seven home of the Black and Goal Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 2: Good evening, Stealer Nation, How we do it? That's good us too, our number two. What a fun Friday we're having here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little different feel here in the studio, right.
Speaker 2: It's been. It was a good Friday afternoon. Now into the evening. We got to see Britt Floyd play a trio of songs here in our iHeart studios.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess. Bert Kreischer was here this morning.
Speaker 2: Kreischer was here this morning. We had Jack Ham on the show in the first hours. Listen. All Fridays are a good thing, but all fridays are not created equal. I think this was the first.
Speaker 3: Day of spring too or something today. I think yesterday right in that time.
Speaker 2: It's like some decent weather on the horizon for this thing too. So I will certainly take it and Matt the people ask for it, and so we give it to him. It is mock Draft Day. We're going to continue to do this. We'll do this once a week now through through the end of April. Uh, maybe even ramp it up a little bit more than that when we get you know, a week or so away from from the draft, and we're really staring down the barrel of the twenty twenty six NFL Draft here of course, on the north shore Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. So before we get started, we'll do the same thing I think still to this point, just three rounds, right.
Speaker 3: That's why if you want it comes five picks.
Speaker 2: I think that's pretty significant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the way that the Minsteelers havening those extra picks makes you know, two days worth pretty nice.
Speaker 2: Absolutely five, So we'll go through five picks in the top ninety nine for the Steelers here.
Speaker 3: We've done one in a while, So maybe just put like no parameter.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna ask you you wanted to do any parameters?
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, I see how it goes.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. Let's see how it goes.
Speaker 3: So, of course, the Steelers the two things when I when I post them online, you know here and there, the two things I get criticize for are you trade down a lot and you take max I Incher All the time, I'm like, yeah, I do. I can't lie.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, Matt, we have a type, okay, yeah, we we we certainly have a type. But I'll tell you as I fire up this edition of the Mock Draft Simulator, some people will be very well, the people who want different outcomes in different scenarios, And I understand it. That's a big that's a big part of this process.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're gonna be happy because the last two weeks that you and I have done this, both times we have taken Venga Ione true Joanna. That's actually how what I need to do is get the clip, the little drop of him pronouncing his name Venga Joanna. That's how he said it at the combine. He goes in this one fifteenth to the Bucks, so he will not be an option for us at twenty one. So we will have a dict.
Speaker 3: Next stuff happens, same.
Speaker 2: Here, same here, a little different. At the top of this one, Fernanda Mendozo of course goes first, but Jeremiah Love second to the Jets. I can't see that happen because of Breece Hall.
Speaker 3: But he's not gonna make it that twenty one.
Speaker 2: He's not gonna make it twenty one anyways. Sonny Style three, Reuben Bain Junior four, r Vel Reese not until five to the Giants. I think John Harbaugh would be doing jumping out if he could do that. The Browns do go offensive line Francis Mauigoa at pick six. David Bailey to the Commanders at pick seven, Mansord Delaane stays in Louisiana. The LSU guy goes to the Saints pick nine, The Chiefs select Caleb Downs safety from Ohio State pick ten. See. I don't think this would happen either, but I doubt he's making it to twenty one, so it probably doesn't matter. But the Bengals take Carnell Tait, wide receiver out of Ohio Street.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think they would take him, and I don't think he'd make it a twenty one, so well.
Speaker 2: Pick eleven Monroe Freeling the tackle out of Georgia, who continues to rapidly rise up draft boards. The Cowboys at pick twelve take Dylan Thinnemon, So there goes one of my draft crushes. So Venga and Fennemon both off the board. Jordan Tyson thirteen to the Rams. My goodness, that would be the type of greed they speak about in the Bible.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Ravens do what they need to do address the offensive line. They take Spencer Fanu at fourteen and like.
Speaker 3: A guard for him.
Speaker 2: Like I said, Bucks, take Venga at fifteen. If you were Baltimore and those two guys were both there at fourteen, could could you reasonably I don't want to say justify, but would you be shocked if they went with Fannu instead of Wenger? Or is that that fair?
Speaker 3: If you just looked at Fawnu as only a guard, I could sort of understand it. He moves better, he's not as much of a masher. But from what I understand, though, I mean, this is a whole different conversation. The arm length stuff is getting crazy in this whole process the last couple of years, because I guess Fawnu's arms were like five eighths of an inch longer it is pro day than they were the combine like this has happened for a couple of years now, or whoever is measuring the combine doesn't know what they're doing, or somewhere there's a problem here.
Speaker 2: Hey, you gotta get Matt Williamson in there. Let him show you how he's done. So Spawnu at fourteen, Venga at fifteen. Mackay Lemon goes to the Jets at sixteen, a Key Messador to the Lions at seventeen, Jermad McCoy to the Vikes at eighteen, Keldrick falk Ed rusher out of Auburn nineteen to the Carolina Panthers, and then C. J. Allen linebacker out of Georgia goes twentieth to the Cowboys. So Steelers on the clock at twenty one, Matt, here is what we are looking at. Yes, your boy max Ian h R. Is still there, sure, and I have in terms of what we've done for mock drafts yet, we have not taken him yet on this show. Kenyon Sadik, Emmanuel McNeil, Warren, Avion Terrell, Omar Cooper, Junior, Blake Miller, Caden Procter still there, Kaden McDonald's still there, Denzel Boston still there, Caleb Banks still there. This would be a very interesting scenario because I like a lot of these names too, but twenty one might be a little too rich. Yeah, this would be a I'm looking at the potential trade down scenarios here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm all yours on that.
Speaker 2: So it looks like the Browns are offering us the twenty fourth pick that they have from Jacksonville and their seventieth.
Speaker 3: Oh, let me stop you, because Dale and I.
Speaker 2: No divisional trades. Yeah, you're right if.
Speaker 3: You're deals with the Browns, Bengals, and raven.
Speaker 2: Because that's fair and it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: We don't do business with them.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna happen. Let's see, the Bears are willing to give pick twenty five and pick sixty for this pick twenty one. I would really consider it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was strongly considered. They only be.
Speaker 2: Moving down four spots. The Jets willing to give thirty three and the Cowboys forty fourth pick, so you'd get the first pick of the second round and an extra second rounder, so you would have three second rounds and three third rounds.
Speaker 3: We salk business with the Bears.
Speaker 2: Wait, that would be interesting, Yeah, that would be nice. The Bears are the ones other than the Browns offering you the highest first round pick, Jets, Cardinals, Lions, Rams offering second round or two's a pair of second round so if you want to stay in the first round in chicago's the only realistic option here because we're not doing business with Cleveland exactly.
Speaker 3: So let's counter their offer with throwing a fourth next year, and you got a deal. Okay, I want something next year.
Speaker 2: So we're asking for pick twenty one, are we We're asking for twenty five sixty, yeah, and a fourth from next year.
Speaker 3: You're saying, yeah, I think that's enough to get it done.
Speaker 2: Says this trade will not be accepted.
Speaker 3: Really, Well, let's throw in a late round pick this year to get to get a couple off our Okay, I like trying to make that a little more feasible. How about one, two, three, We're not going to make that many picks anyways, we throw in a six from this year or something like that, or two later picks. Binega, what however, you gotta do it. Let's see.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmmmm hmmm. What if we do interesting, they're still not, Like even if I add fifth or six round picks, they're still not. They don't want to They don't want to part with that fourth round er from next year.
Speaker 3: Well that's fine, I mean I would do the deal without it. I was just trying to milk more out of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I it's not bad. They they countered with. How about just this pick twenty five and pick sixty for pick twenty one, and pick eighty five.
Speaker 3: Well didn't didn't they offer those two for.
Speaker 2: Just wait, no, one second. Then we'd be yeah, we'd be going back in both of those.
Speaker 3: That's not that's not what we Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, sorry, we'd be moving up from eighty five to sixty. So we'd move back from twenty one to twenty five, but we'd be moving up from eighty five to sixty.
Speaker 3: Wasn't the original deal?
Speaker 2: I think that was similar to the original deal.
Speaker 3: I thought the original deal was their first and sixty.
Speaker 2: They're yes, their first and sixty for pick twenty one and and what was it?
Speaker 3: It realize me to put something else in besides the twenty one?
Speaker 2: Yeah it was? Was it ninety nine? Maybe that's okay, sorry, that's what it was. Their original offer was picked twenty five and pick sixty for pick twenty one and pick ninety nine. Okay, so you would move back four spots in the first round, but you would trade your last third rounder for Buffalo's second for the DJ more pick.
Speaker 3: I'm in. I think I'm in for that too, Yeah, I'm in.
Speaker 2: You pick up an extra, you move from the third, You basically move back for spots to swap your last third round pick for a late second.
Speaker 3: Round or late second move up more than thirty picks on Day two.
Speaker 2: Should we do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it, all right? Oh, come on, it's gonna make me pay for the pro football focused thing to do it here. Yeah, you gotta be you gotta be kidding me here. Well, all right, if that's the case, Matt.
Speaker 3: Then we won't do trade.
Speaker 2: Then we won't do trade.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 2: And if that's the case, I am looking at Maxie and it I'm looking at Kaden Proctor.
Speaker 3: I say, I like both. Those would be my two selections.
Speaker 2: This would be my yep, my guys, I clearly you favor Max out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, group not by leaps and bounds. They're the exact same tier for me. I'd be very happy with either of twenty one. I think both would start their careers at guard and probably go to left tackle, but maybe not. Cooker Jones might be my long term answer, and they might just stay at left guard forever, and I'd be very comfortable with that too.
Speaker 2: Hmmm. I like I like mad Max here. I know that I know that you've done that in a lot of your separate ones and some of the stuff you do on Twitter, but we have it yet on the show. Cool, So I think I'd take it. I would love it if we got them at pick twenty five and swapped a third rounder for a second rounder, which I think would be a realistic outcome here.
Speaker 3: But that was kind of my thighs. I figured one of the two will probably get to twenty five. Yes, you know, there's no guarantee, but that was the risk I was willing to take.
Speaker 2: But like the Chargers behind, the Steelers aren't taking a tackle.
Speaker 3: No, maybe they always could.
Speaker 2: Browns not if they already had not if they already took freeling, and then we'd be at pick twenty.
Speaker 3: Five and I don't think the Bears were moving up for a tackle. Yeah, I'd like our chances of getting one of the two.
Speaker 2: I wish we could have executed that trade. I'll have it, you know what too. I do have a I do have a Pro Football Focus account, but I'm not going to take the time to sign out all that stuff right now. We're just gonna draft max E Nhure, tackle slash guard out of Arizona State University with our first round pick, all right back on the board here at fifty three, and oh, Matt, this if this actually played out, I think this would be an easy one. But you know, real quick, let's see here Sidiq went next. A Manuel McNeil Warren to the Eagles. I think that would make a lot of sense for them, Omar Cooper Junior to the Browns, Caden McDonald to the Bears. So yeah, we would have had our choice of both of those guys.
Speaker 3: Still side noted, I think we want Sidiq to be on the board at twenty one. Like you could you look at two ways, like if he falls, I'm glad you're bringing this up up. Yeah, Like if he falls, you're like, why was it gonna take him anyway? So somebody else moves one spot closer. But I could see him being one of the few dudes that late in the draft that a playoff team might trade.
Speaker 2: A playoff team calls and says, we'll give you pick twenty nine right and an extra thing or a third rounder next year, you know which. You would love to start building up some capital for next.
Speaker 3: Year, because I don't think picking a twenty one is all that much different than twenty seven or twenty eight in this draft.
Speaker 2: You know, I concur Caden Procter goes off the board thirtieth to the Dolphins. That's the Jaylen Wattle pick from the from the Broncos. Caleb Banks goes off the board of the Patriots. Denzel Boston to the Seahawks. A little bit of a run on these interior defensive linemen. Peter Woods goes off the board, Lee Hunter off the board.
Speaker 3: Did any of them go in the first round?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Just Banks at pick thirty one? Gotcha, Zion Young, Emanuel Pregnant oh Man. I would really like this for the Raiders if they were able to get him in the second round. Yeah, I mean you put you plug him next to Linderbush there and Jackson powers Johnson, and you might have the future of your interior offensive line for a long time. Christian Miller goes off the board. Brandon Sissi to the Browns at thirty nine, Casey Concepcion to the Chiefs at forty, Jacob Rodriguez at forty two to the Saints. Caleb Lomu goes to the Dolphins at forty three. I tell you what for Miami, if you were able to get you get Procter a Lomu out of this class that's a nice start to here. That's a nice start to your rebuild. Chase Bistanis goes to the Colts at forty seven. Jake Galladay, another one of those off ball linebackers, goes to the Packers at pick fifty two. Matt This would be albeit unrealistic. Ty Simpson is still on the board and has not yet been drafted, and I think that that's unrealistic. But if you could get him at pick fifty three, I think that's a very I don't know about easy decision, but a very enticing decision.
Speaker 3: It's certainly something you gotta think about.
Speaker 2: But I just don't think that's realistic for him to last.
Speaker 3: There's once a while we do these be like I just think that's a little too unrealistic. Who are the receivers.
Speaker 2: Though, receivers? There's some ones to like. Chris Brazil is still available, Skyler Bell still available, Bryce Lance still available. So not the the run on receivers has happened.
Speaker 3: They they're not picked through.
Speaker 2: But so that's kind of where I was looking to, is that at this point, if you want to add a receiver with one of your top two picks, and you really want to get one of those top seven eight nine guys.
Speaker 3: Yance. I know we didn't we didn't make the trade, but it's I think we got to take one of the whiteouts.
Speaker 2: I do too. Chris Brasel, Skyler Bell, Elijah Surrat, Zach Zachariah Branch.
Speaker 3: I think i'd go to Serrat. Yeah, yeah, I like.
Speaker 2: That because that's a little again. I like different, that's different than what we've done, and amongst this group, I think I might lean towards Brasl But here's my choice. Serrat would be it would be my very different.
Speaker 3: Is a real technician, tough guy, multiple spots. You can line them up in Brazzle. If you watch just his highlight tape, you'd be like, is he not a first maybe the first year off the board? Right?
Speaker 2: You want to go Elijah Surratt, Dude, I would do it differently here. Let's do it so we get offensive lineman and wide receiver with our first two picks. That would be a very welcome scenario. Ty Simpson of course, goes off the board pretty quickly. Let's see who went right after the Steelers. Chris Brazzle goes two picks later to the Chargers. Aj Houseley, the safety from Lsu that I'm warming up to goes fifty six to the Jags. Ty Simpson finally drafted by the Cardinals, and that'd be a nice that'd be nice for the Cardinals. Eli Stowers, the tight end out of Vanderbilt that I really like, goes to the Patriots. Josiah Trotter, Jeremiah Trotter's son, sixty seven to the eight is there early in round three trade Ann Stukes goes off the board at seventy one to the Commanders, Zachariah Branch seventy four to the Chiefs, and Kamari Ramsey right before the Steelers. He would have been an interesting one. He goes seventy fifth to the Dolphins. So let's do one more here before we take a break. Pick number seventy six. This is our third selection for the Steelers. Let's see Grayson Houghton, defensive linean out of Oklahoma, is still there. Oh, Big Citrus is still there. Matt max Clair tight end out of Ohio State, Kyle Lewis is still there, Kyle Louis out of pre Be. I'd be tempted. Anthony Hill, junior linebacker out of Texas. Really probably really like that guy. Nuts is still there, Aller is still there. Ted Hurst is still there, although we just took a wide receiver, so I think it's too early to go back. Let's look at just the safeties. Genesis Smith is the key, Wheatley, Bud Clark, Kyle Lewis, if you're counting him in that in that spot, those are the safeties that are still available.
Speaker 3: Anybody tickling you.
Speaker 2: Big Big Citrus certainly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I would be.
Speaker 2: I just wonder if Hill certainly. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hill's not the most physical guy, but boy he flies around the field.
Speaker 2: If I would sit down with Patrick Graham, yeah, in a off the record but truth serum type conversation, and he told me, I think Kyle Lewis can be one of those great like yes, it's it could translate, translate, it could work in our defense. Yeah, that might be the guy here. But I think I'm narrowing it down to Big Citrus and Anthony Hill Junior.
Speaker 3: I just don't know if the Steelers are looking for the traditional noses anymore. I mean, who's the last one they've had that you would say is like a Hampton like nose. It's been a long time, and Orange is in that mold you know. I mean he's not a massive pass rusher, but I think he's a good player, and he certainly would have a role, and you can move a lot of dudes around. I don't have a strong feeling on either one of those. I mean, both of them make a lot of sense to me. Hill's pretty good for this late in the draft too.
Speaker 2: He can be a top forty guy a lot of years, and you're getting him at seventy six here. H and then and then Kyle Lewis, like, listen, right, you can accuse me of being a pit hater, but I am at least honest. Those would be the three that I would be. If it's my if it's if it's west Uler's war room, and it's you know, we've got ten minutes to make this decision on. It would be Big Citrus. It would be Kyle Lewis, It would be Anthony Hill Junior.
Speaker 3: I can understand any of the above.
Speaker 2: Hmmm. I would love it if there was just a true, pure safety here that was jumping off the screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I might go Big Citrus. That's fine, You're never gonna.
Speaker 2: I just want to keep I want to keep adding to the trench.
Speaker 3: I want to keep adding the trenches too.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Dominique Orange aka Big Citrus is our seventy sixth overall first third round pick. Okay, before we go to break, here's who because because the good part about this is you're back on the clock nine picks later.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, you may get one of the other.
Speaker 2: For example, Anthony Hill went off the board to the jag, but Kyle lewis still there at pick eighty five. Garrett Nusmeyer still there at pick eighty five. Oh man, some interesting options for the Steelers there at pick eighty Five's a Key Wheatley, the safety out of Penn State. Who we talked to Jack Ham about. Malachi Field's still there, Matt, I didn't see him buried on the wide receiver list here. So let's take a break here, you know this, Let's leave you hanging a little bit. Where will we go with our next mock draft selection? Here it'll be our fourth overall pick, the second of the trio of third rounders. We will pick up where we left off on the other side. West Shouler, Matt Williamson. It is the Drive Steelers Nation Radio on the Steelers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: What's up, NFL fans, The NFL Draft is finally here, and while you might not know who your team is drafting this year, you do know your watch party's number one pick. Bud Light, the glean, crisp taste that has all the scouts talking. I guess that's why it's been the group's go to draft beer season after season. Be sure to order around for the table before your teams on the clock. Bud Light, easy to drink, easy to enjoy, enjoy responsibly Anheuser Busch bud Light Beer Saint Louis, Missouri.
Speaker 1: Your tunes about drive on your twenty four to seven home of the Black and Goal Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 2: Back on the Drive here, continuing the Weekly Mock Draft Hour, Part two. Matt, you know, all right, the Best Things in the World, Part one, Part two. Much like The Godfather, we ignore that the third part exists and we just focus on the first two. This is part two of our three round weekly Steelers Mock draf. Eventually, at some point we'll beef this thing up and we'll.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, yeah, we'll go.
Speaker 2: Yes, sure, we'll run the marathon. Right, a lot of picks, but it's gonna be a lot of picks and that would take a full hour, I think maybe even more. But for this exercise, we're doing these Steelers first three rounds, which includes of course five picks. We have three picks in the books for those who missed it. In our previous segment. At the start of our number two pick twenty one, we took max E. Nhure tackle guard offensive linemen out of Arizona State. We would have accepted a trade with the Bears to move down four spots and as yeah and flip pick yeah, and I think we still would have gotten them, and we would have moved one of our third round picks to a second round pick, so would have still gotten your guy at twenty five. Then you get two second rounders and two third rounders instead of one second rounder in the trio of third rounders. But regardless, and.
Speaker 3: Side note, if we would have pulled that off, I mean, in the real world, it's harder to do on these, but like two second rounders, I'd have been to shop one one for next year next year's first yeah, right, right, right.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And so we took Nhure first round, Elijah Surrat wide receiver out of Indiana, second round, and big Citrus Dominique Orange, the defensive lineman out of Iowa State, with our first of three third round picks seventy sixth overall.
Speaker 3: So I think that would do it for D lineman. I've heard a recent signing and a third round pick. I think you'd be done on the D line.
Speaker 2: So where we before I get to the list of names still available? Where are we looking for?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: Safety still on the board.
Speaker 3: Safety still on the board. Quarterback still on the board. Yeah, I'd lean more and more to not taking one at all unless you take a real late flyer. But I could definitely be convinced, you know me, I get greedy a second old lineman.
Speaker 2: Second ol linman, second wide receiver.
Speaker 3: Wide receiver. I mean, I think that's not crazy. With these third these extra third round picks.
Speaker 2: I think we could still add a linebacker at some point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that wouldn't be bad.
Speaker 2: So here are the best available on the big board. Caid Club Nick the number one quarterback. So Ty Simpson obviously gone. Nuss went a couple picks before before we took Wait, is Nuss still on the board? Hold the phone, give me a second. No, I don't think he is. He's been drafted. He's been drafted, so on the clock at pick eighty five. Here are second of the three third round picks. Albert Regis on the board from A and M. But we're not going back to back defensive lineman.
Speaker 3: No, I think the linemen are done.
Speaker 2: You know what, Let me do this position by position. Here's the wide receivers that are still available. Oh, Ted Hurst and Malachi Fields both still on the board.
Speaker 3: I think Hurst would be perfect here, just because I know he's a little bit harder adjustment. If I was only having won, I might take Fields over Hurst. But if as a second one, if you could kind of wait until he adapts to the NFL, Hurst would be really attractive. Yes he would, just a note, yes he would.
Speaker 2: Indeed, my friend Kyle lewis still on the board. Okay, wait, sorry I was wrong. Nuss is still on the board. So those two wide receivers, Kyle lewis Nuss. Let's see who the top linebackers still a Genesis Smith, the safety is still there. Zakey Wheatley out of Penn State, who we talked about with jack Ham.
Speaker 3: Still there and we pick again soon we do.
Speaker 2: Michael Trigg, the crazy talented tight end out of Baylor still there, So I mean there's options everywhere. Yeah, yeah, I tell you what, this might be the spot where I would take Kyle Lewis. I considered taking him nine picks earlier. He if you really kind of view him as the safety, big nickel type, And yeah, maybe he learns from Jalen Ramsey and doesn't see the field a ton his rookie year.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't think he would, but that's okay, But I think he'd be as good as special teamer as or is in his class. By the way. That's that's just his makeup and speed and.
Speaker 2: All that exactly right.
Speaker 3: So Matt, I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 2: With the options here, I do not.
Speaker 3: Think he's going to be an every down linebacker.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I just don't think he as the size now.
Speaker 3: He should be a specialty player, yes now, and that doesn't he doesn't play lost now.
Speaker 2: He played in Jack Ham's era, he could play linebackerund.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, he might have been bigger than Ham.
Speaker 2: And on game day, Matt, with the way that this line's out, I would be thinking of Kyle Lewis or one of those wide receivers. I think those are the best players available, and I think they still help.
Speaker 3: I think i'd grab Lewis and then keep your eyes open for one of the wide receivers.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm thinking, because I do like I do like ze Key Wheatley, but I think Lewis has a lot more up. Wheatly might be the safer pick for a pure safety, but Lewis, if he hits, could hit big.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he could, he could do.
Speaker 2: We add a pitman here, former pitman Matt Williamson, Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Louis Louie Louie Louie.
Speaker 2: Eighty fifth overall from next door. The Pittsburgh Steelers select Kyle Lewis, linebacker safety hybrid out of the university located in the Oakland District of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. So Matt, that leaves one more left for this exercise and bummer out a feeling this was gonna happen. But boys, both those wide receivers went off the board, not surprising. Ted Hurst actually went right after we picked eighty sixth to the Chargers.
Speaker 3: I think he's got a chance.
Speaker 2: We really good same. He's could be one of those small school guys that flies under the radar. That you know, if he went to Notre Dame, yeah, would have been the fiftieth pick.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'd hear that.
Speaker 2: And Malachi Fields goes ninety third to the Rams. So both of those guys end up in LA, just on different rosters. Zakey Wheatley goes to the Dolphins at ninety four, Genesis Smith goes to the Seahawks at ninety six. So good thing we got a safety secondary type because the other ones that we had talked a lot about we were gone. So to this point we have a tackle slash guard in Maxie and Hure. We have a wide receiver and Elijah Surat defensive linemen, big citrus, dominique orange and safety we're gonna call him and Kyle Lewis. I love how that fits for in terms of the positions of need there too. Yeah yeah, like the players and where we got them, and I think they all fit a need that the Steelers have at this point. So with that, Matt with the last pick of the third round, with the last pick of this exercise that we're doing, this is another spot where I would really consider trading. Oh yeah yeah, but if not, and for this exercise, we're not going to NUSS is still on the board.
Speaker 3: I said I would consider a quarterback here.
Speaker 2: Michael Trigg is still on the board.
Speaker 3: O line would certainly interest me too. I it's down the road, but I don't know how much longer you'll be able to keep McCormick. I mean, I'm just preparing for that day.
Speaker 2: So let's look at specific positions here. Okay, wide receivers. Dejeon Stribbling out of Old miss is still there. Brennan Thompson from Mississippi State, CJ. Daniels from the U, Reggie Virgil from Texas, this tech. Those are the names at the top.
Speaker 3: For me, especially a double down at a position.
Speaker 2: YEA running back Matt Jonah Coleman from Washington. I thought a little.
Speaker 3: Early, but I thought I almost threw running back out there. Yeah, that Jem might be the second best in this class.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say I would not expect him to be here. Both the Penn State guys are still there. Emmett Johnson from Nebraska is still there. Interesting, he's interesting. SETH McGowan out of Kentucky. So there are some good running back options. Quarterbacks. You got Nuts, you got Aller, you got everyone but club Nick and Simpson and Mendoza. Those are the three that are so club. Nick was actually club same, but he was actually taking his QB three.
Speaker 3: I think would be my quarterback pick.
Speaker 2: Agreed, So let's sort this by you wan to QB and we're looking guard here, I would imagine right offensive line.
Speaker 3: Because Max might just steak guard. I mean, okay, here's the here's both.
Speaker 2: Here's the big board, yes, big board of all offensive lineman. Jalen Farmer out of Kentucky still there, Markel Bell out of the U, Demetrious crown Over out of A and M Billy Shureth out of Georgia, Cage Casey out of Boise State, Brian Parker the second at A Duke bo Stevens out of Iowa.
Speaker 3: I like Belle quite a bit in this neighborhood. He's not the quickest athlete, but he's enormous. Yes, he could be like your sixth tackle for now. Maybe he's your left tackle next to Max a year from now. Who knows? That would interest mens? Interest me? This lest interest me, Yeah.
Speaker 2: If they really think there's something there. But at the same time, maybe they would look at it and go, hey, Nuss is still there. Aler's still there, Carson Beck's still there, you know, like we can Yeah, yeah. I would be very intrigued here to go offensive line or running back, Matt because.
Speaker 3: The running backs are better than I expect them to be.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to take another quarterback for this exercise.
Speaker 3: I'm leaning more and more to just don't take a quarterback.
Speaker 2: And I think there's only two running backs off the board to this point.
Speaker 3: So I would be it's definitely a luxury item. But when you have this many picks.
Speaker 2: If you want me to go luxury item, I would argue for Michael Trigg, the tight end out of Baylor. But I got to go smart and kind of a luxury, but fits a need as well. I would be looking at running back and offensive line here, so I.
Speaker 3: Would say Bell or Coleman. Bell would be the old lineman. I would probably pick pure tackle. Yep, Coleman's just like probably the third best back in the.
Speaker 2: Would you go you'd go Markel Bell full pure tackle over Jalen Farmer pure guard.
Speaker 3: I think out of Kentucky. I think just because tackles are worth more.
Speaker 2: Sure, do we go offensive line or do we go running back? That is the question.
Speaker 3: O line's the wiser choice.
Speaker 2: It is, and there's still a lot of those running backs there. Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I say, you probably get Coleman's.
Speaker 2: Tempting, but he might be gone.
Speaker 3: I doubt it would make it to the fourth, but EMITTT.
Speaker 2: Johnson and those Penn State guys will probably still be there. SETH McGowan out of Kentucky will probably still be there.
Speaker 3: I don't take.
Speaker 2: I don't hate double dipping on the offensive line here.
Speaker 3: I don't either. It's probably the direction I would lean, but I do worry. Worst case scenario, Caleb Johnson's a bust like you. Just the new staff looks at him and says, sorry, I just don't think you're good enough, and I don't think.
Speaker 2: That'st you to run the outside zone scheme. Yeah, and that's not our cup of tea.
Speaker 3: You're not for us. And one of the other two backs gets hurt because they do that. You know, like back might be of a little bit bigger need than you think. I'm just it's probably fourth, fifth round, but we have this is not something we've discussed. Yeah, at least we need to throw it out there. Yes, yeah, yes, so I think I take the old lineman here, it's probably your last chance to get a tackle.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm thinking. I'm thinking, after this, there's not going to be any offensive lineman that really tickle our fancy. But it could still be a running back or two. And it's done.
Speaker 3: Like if you take the old linement, you're done with the line.
Speaker 2: Let's take MARKL. Bell lock it in.
Speaker 3: He'd be like, you're taking two tackles. And what if Roderck Jones good and Cook's good? And good problem to have? Great that we have extra tackles, great problem to have. Sign me up.
Speaker 2: So in this version of what is this, I think the third or fourth week that we've done this are s n R Drive Weekly Mock Draft, our five picks. We take first round Maxie and h R Tackle slash guard out of their potential to play guard for a year or so out of Arizona State. Then we go wide receiver National champion, which fits. That's something Omar Kahn has done every year. But Roderick Jones, Roman Wilson will hired. Remember national champ, oh Jack Sawyer will hired and Jackson.
Speaker 3: I think the Indiana guys are gonna go pretty high, a little higher than people think they're just so well coached, so well coast. Nflready is a term I don't really like, but they're a little more NFL ready professional with you know, I think those guys are going to play a lot in his rookies. The Indiana crew.
Speaker 2: Elijah Surratt second round, wide receiver out of the National champion Indiana Hoosiers. Third round, we go big citrus Dominique Orange out of Iowa State, the big nosy defensive linemen. Then we stay local. Kyle Lewis third round. Some potential. He's the jack of all trades, but master of none. That doesn't translate to the NFL.
Speaker 3: Should happen. That could certainly be a lifetime special teamer.
Speaker 2: But he could also hit and be one of these unique kind of big nickel slot capable type pieces in the secondary that are the new wave in the National Football League. He's our second third round pick. And then Markel Bell from National Champion runner up Miami the tackle. We double dip there on the offensive line, so two offensive linemen, why receiver, a defensive lineman, and a safety. Matt If that's if those are the first five picks, I'm I'm signing up for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd be pretty excited about that.
Speaker 2: We're still too early in this process.
Speaker 3: Go into day three really not needing much running back. But that's about a running back at some point. But you could start trading picks or moving up. I mean again, there's they have such a well have seven picks after this? Yeah, I know where you do it after a while, fight a camp arm or whatever. But you know, maybe maybe he's more than that. So there another tight end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, another tight end, I think too. Yeah, running they will draft the tight end, maybe linebacker, but yeah, yeah, but you would really feel like you would be wide open for business and any and all possibilities. One more segment to go for the week. We will close things down with your tweets. You know where to get at us if you want to get involved. West Huler, Matt Williamson. It is the Drive Steelers Nation Radio on the Steelers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: What's up, NFL fans? The NFL Draft is finally here, and while you might not know who your team is drafting this year, you do know your watch parties. Number one pick Bud Light, the clean, crisp taste that has all the scouts talking. I guess that's why it's been the group's go to draft beer season after season. Be sure to order around for the table before your team's on the clock. Bud Light easy to drink, easy to enjoy, enjoy responsibly Anheuser Busch bud Light Beer Saint Louis, Missouri.
Speaker 1: Your tunes about Drive on your twenty four to seven home of the Black and Goal Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 2: Final segment of the week. Here fired Up on a Friday. It's been a good day. It's been a good week of shows, and Matt, there's only one thing left to do but close this week down with some participation on the ex Twitter. All right, but before we do that, we do have some uh some some Steelers news, breaking Steelers news that we do need to discuss today. And that is a name that we've mentioned, Ryan McCollum back in the fold for the Black and Gold.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I forget exactly how it went. They did not offer him a tender as a restricted, but then they signed him to a one year deal just now, which means he'll be in camp. I assume there won't be it. I haven't seen the exact contract details, but I assume it's not a huge, you know, amount of money or a lot of guaranteed money, because you know, if he doesn't make the team, then you know he doesn't make the team. So I don't think he's guaranteed a spot, but he's a quality backup center and you probably play him a ton in the preseason with Howard and go from there. And I know he has played guard, but I would rather that guy be three players, three position strong, as opposed to just juste.
Speaker 2: You know, but if you get to a point where you don't have that guy that's three positions strong, Collum is a certainly a capable backup center. According to our buddy Alan Saunders, the restricted if they would have retained his rights as a restricted free agent, it would have been three and a half million bucks last year McCollum. Last year McCollum made a little over a million, so allan kind of prognosticating that it's probably somewhere in between those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably one year two million or something like that, which makes that out a lot of guarantee or anything like that. So an underrated job of the GM and roster builder is you really need to have not not that they have to be great, but you have to be able to field preseason offensive lines from first quarter, second or third quarter, fourth quarter that are at least good enough that you can evaluate the other players.
Speaker 2: That's that's a sneaky part of this process that if you put Will Howard out there behind it a bunch of traffic cones, Right, how are you really going to evaluate if he can play or not?
Speaker 3: Or hey, is Caleb Johnson good enough or not? But you don't block for him at all in the games?
Speaker 2: You know, Like, come on, it's the same conversation that we had with Malik Willis and Miami kind of stripping off all the assets around him, right right, but just at a second string level.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly. Like if you're a or quarter in the preseason and you're a line which is a shortage position, can't block a soul, well, I can't evaluate anybody else. Quarterback got sacked for a receiver he can open.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a great point. It's something we don't think about often, but yeah, certainly.
Speaker 3: For figuring out who your best guys are big.
Speaker 2: Part of the process. All right, let's get to some tweets before we get out of here. We got about six minutes or so. Let's buzz through as many of these as we can t MAAC tweets and says, if you guys were to make an all time franchise team for every team in the league, would the Steelers be the best? I think so by far, thanks Jents. I don't know about by far far really really really sure would be very good. Niners would be very good, Patriots would be very good. Packers would be very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And the thing about the stage they might be at the top. There aren't many weak spots, that's to the Steelers exactly right, Like offensive tackles not amazing, And by that I mean there's just not Hall of Famers, you know what I mean. I mean, Max Start, but you.
Speaker 2: Know it's not Joe Thomas right and Trent Williams and you.
Speaker 3: Know, I mean if your guard center combination is Fanica and the Castro, and then you've got to pick between Dirt and Webby good Lord, tackles not as strong.
Speaker 2: You need to move one of Dirt Webb conversation.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but yeah, I mean and tight end Heath Miller's pretty darn good. I mean, but if those are your weaknesses, that's what I'm saying, Like, that's your weaknesses, and you've.
Speaker 2: Got a Hall of Famer at every other position.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I mean Woodson and Blunt, or maybe two of the top three corners ever lived, or two of the deathly the top five. You know. So, and you can say that a lot of spots.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think I think the answers yes.
Speaker 2: Off the top of my head, I think the answer is yes, the Cowboys would be really good. The Niners would be really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the Steelers might have the best roster. Yeah, on paper. Yeah, in terms of the defense, would have a Hall of Famer at every position.
Speaker 3: I mean, especially if you're filling out like a fifty three, if like Levon Kirkland's your third string linebacker, or you know things.
Speaker 2: Like that lev Bell is your third string running back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, right right, or you know, Bradshaw's your backup. You know things like that, Matt.
Speaker 2: Matt, talk to me about this real quick. Antonio Brown, Lynn Swan, John Stalworth, Hines, Ward, Plexico Burs.
Speaker 3: I think Wards you're four, Like, come on, it's pretty strong.
Speaker 2: Prances your five?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like, come on, pretty good.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable. Yes, Stellers, I would shocked if I could come up with a team bet.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's something we could say for the offseason in June if we need to kill an hour of like what does the Cowboys team look like? What does the Niners and the Packers teams look like? And they'd be really good, it'd be really awesome, without a doubt, without about Let's see here, here's a smooth Dave. This is a good one. What's the furthest you would trade up for these players? Sunny Styles, Caleb Downs, Carnel Tait.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I would trade up for any nothing realistic. I mean, like, yeah, i'd go to like fifteen.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say I would go to the fifteen to seventeen range, probably for Styles and.
Speaker 3: Probably any of that.
Speaker 2: Probably for any of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, And I just don't think that's realistic. I'm not going to eight or nine and have to give up like next year's first And that's why I think we'd have to go. I mean, I'm giving up no picks next year to go up in any trades.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am absolutely not doing that, Absolutely not doing that. Let's see here, tweets us and says Matt has talked about how he's liking the idea of offensive line in round one and then receiver after that. I think we're both warming up to that idea. Who are some of your favorite wide receivers after round one?
Speaker 3: So we've kind.
Speaker 2: Of played this out with some of our exercises. But I think Tate is a round one guy, Lemon, round one guy, Tyson round one.
Speaker 3: Guy most likely. But I don't think any of those are there in the second.
Speaker 2: For the steal Boston conception.
Speaker 3: I would think they're all gone for sure.
Speaker 2: Did you put Omar Cooper Junior as the.
Speaker 3: Sixth you'd be the next one? Yeah?
Speaker 2: By fifty three?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's gone by then.
Speaker 2: So at that point, Chris Brazil, Malachi Fields, Ted.
Speaker 3: Hurst surat that we took that.
Speaker 2: We just took Jeremy Bernard out of Alabama.
Speaker 3: Both the small dudes Lance with North Coast North Dakota State and the Georgia State dude Hurst Hurst, Yep, absolutely, both the little dudes Georgia and Oklahoma. I think they're really interesting. Did you mention Bernard from Alabama?
Speaker 2: I think yes, yes, Jeremy Bernard. Yep.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of names, and some of them will drift into the third round. I don't know at the end of the third round, but they'll drift into the third round for sure. Day two receivers in this class are really really good. The other one that's a crazy one is the Louisville kid. He's two and twenty five pounds and I.
Speaker 2: Guess the spell best spell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got hurt late in the year. He is unbelievable with the ball in his hands. People think he was going to run like a four to three if you if you look at his charting data, you know his mal per hour stuff. It was one of the fastest in the country. And he's like two twenty five with like a he's like a bigger debo. He has some real ups and downs, but his ups are He's another one that you put his highlight tape out there. It's like he's the best player in the league. He's the best best receiver in the draft. Now he's injured as we speak, but he's really interesting.
Speaker 2: Let's see, we got time for one or two more here. Rj tweets about the rule change conversation that we had yesterday, said that he enjoyed that, but he would add. The rule change that he would add is stop giving the ball to the defense when the offense fumbles it through the end zone.
Speaker 3: I've said that for thirty Yearsay this is a.
Speaker 2: Big point of contention in these conversations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's a popular.
Speaker 2: One, But I think a lot of people would tell you, like, hey, we legislate everything in the end of this, like this would this would always be Motes's argument when this, when this would come up. Everything in the NFL is legislated to make life or easier on the offense. Can you give the defense this one thing? Yeah, Like creating a turnover at the goal line is not equal to creating a turn turnover on the rest of the field. Like it's a heightened situation. The offense should know that they have to have more ball security and be on their p's and q's in that situation. Which I get that side of it, But yeah, there's also the rule that a fumble can advanced the ball forward, So why don't we keep that same logic in the end zone so I can see both sides of.
Speaker 3: That are my big take on I hate the rule as it is because I don't like that a team can get possession without ever possessing the ball, like the defense never possessed the football. I just fumbled it out. It's reaching across a pylon or whatever. But I've also never heard an answer that I like for to solve it. I've never been like, so we do this instead, I'm like, give.
Speaker 2: It to him at the toy, answer to him at the two or.
Speaker 3: I've heard a lot of people throw things out, but none of them have been like, yep, that's the answer.
Speaker 2: I sit on the fence.
Speaker 3: One smart needs to come up with an answer.
Speaker 2: I sit on the fence on that one big time too. So I can see both sides of the argument. Last one, Sudesh says football is not just my favorite sport, it's church. That being said, I love March badness. How about you, guys, with your time constraints considered.
Speaker 3: Are you a big fan?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Matt, you and I are. I think it's kind of funny actually, in the ways that you and I are similar were very similar, but in the ways that were different were very different. I've made this joke before. If it's not the NFL or Mario Lemieux, you don't really care in the sports world.
Speaker 3: I used to when I was younger. It just had to keep whittling it down and right.
Speaker 2: I love the sports calendar as much as football is my end all be all. I love March Badness, I love the l I love college sports. I love European soccer, the Premier League and the Champions League and the World Cup. I love the Olympics. I love the difference. I'll be tuned into the Masters here in a couple of weeks. I do love the different things on the sports calendar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't even fill out a bracket. If I don't watch any of it, so be it.
Speaker 2: You know this Baseball is my least favorite sport of all major sports. But when the World Baseball Classics on, I'm locked in. Yea, when it's the World Series, I'm locked in.
Speaker 3: I respect the tournament to know end, though. I mean there's a difference in terms of do I actually on or go out of my way to watch it, or care who wins. I mean, it's an unbelievable event and all that part I respect to no end. This year, I actually care about two teams Ohio. I have a friend of the family who's own Miami, Ohio, and my son goes to Kentucky. So but we write them a big check. I want them to win, you know. But all the other games, I really don't. I heard fashion, but overall, I don't care who wins and any of it. And like my buddies, I got a lot of buddies that have taken Thursday and Friday off for decades and they go watch it all and that's cool, you know. And I would sit there and have a cold one with them, no doubt. And I might even deny after britt Floyd or whatever or tomorrow or whatever. But I don't care who wins, and I wouldn't change my schedule for it's just where I am now.
Speaker 2: That makes a lot of sense, and I think that's how a lot of people are. But I also don't begrudge the people that use Thursdays a personal day, take some pto and belly up to their favorite establishment and watch hoops all day. It is. It's a fantastic tradition here in this country.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know many men that have gotten snipped right.
Speaker 2: Before that that's their busiest thing to do.
Speaker 3: That's their busiest time, right, Like I gotta stay on the couch on you're a.
Speaker 2: Right sorry man, can't do anything right all.
Speaker 3: Do Wednesday says Thursday, I can't do anything.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the madness this weekend, everybody, Matt. Enjoy the Britt Floyd tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's true fun.
Speaker 2: We'll be back on Monday to kick off another week for the intrepid video producer Tyler V Mister TV for Matt Williamson, and a big, huge thanks to the legend Jack Ham. Take care everybody. We'll talk to you next week. You know where to find us. As always, it's on your twenty four to seven home with the Black and Gold Steelers Nation Radio on the Steelers Audio Network