Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Now, let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move this morning in Europe. I'm Caroline he Get alongside Tom McKenzie. We're joined bub Blomberg Report to claim Malay Chloe, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 1: It's the end of the year. Need I say that?
Speaker 3: But you want to talk about peanuts that's at the end of this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely so DVV, which is another company that I had heard of before, but this is a French biotech company and it's up more than forty percent this morning. So massive jump for dBV because of its peanut allergy patch. So they just published a result of a trial that showed that their experimental skin patch helped to desensitize children's children aged.
Speaker 1: Four to seven who wore it for a year.
Speaker 4: So this is a the big breakthrough in the management of peanut allergies and so now it wants to seek a US regulatory approval in the first half of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: So this is a successful trial.
Speaker 2: That is the.
Speaker 4: Combination of twenty years worth of work for dBV. It had to redesign the patch, redesign the clinical trial itself because of efforts that failed previously, but now it's finally potentially has got a blockbuster on its hands. We're talking obviously about a massive patient population of pen allergy. I am part of it myself, but more than one point two million children between the ages of one and seven in the US in Europe are estimated to have a peanut allergy.
Speaker 1: So this is not a product that is for me, but a product that could have been for me back in the day. Okay, it could be quite a significant development.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're also watching very different space, watching the software company one of the most valuable, if not the most valable tech public listed tech companies in europ which is SAP, in the spotlight after these comments from the US. So, this announcement from the US regarding potential retaliation against European.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely so, SAP the biggest one, of course, but we also had companies like Captain and I publicists in DHR also moving a little bit lower this morning on the back as you say, of the US administration as singling out some potential targets for retaliation, So it's threatening to impose fees or restrictions on European companies in response to the EU planning to tax big American tech companies like Meta and Google and Amazon, and so the US is preparing an investigation that would allow it to impose trade remedies, including tariffs. And so we've seen those shares for those companies that were singled out moving a.
Speaker 1: Little bit lower this morning, but they've not necessarily plunged, so.
Speaker 4: That could indicate that perhaps those threats don't feel super concrete.
Speaker 2: Yet.
Speaker 4: We saw the same with Spotify actually, which was another one of those companies that were singled out, headquartered in Sweden but then listed in the US. So we saw the impact of that news on the shares during the US trading session, and the stock did fall quite a bit, but then it those declines, so I just have to kind of wait it out and see if those actually come to be. But this is of course heightening existing tensions between the US and the EU.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Indeed, meanwhile, more action from President Trump and this potential oil blockade has BP on the move.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, So US ramping up pressure on Venezuela and ordering the blockade of sanctioned oil tankers of the ghost of Venezuela.
Speaker 1: That has been said the price of cruden.
Speaker 4: As a result, we've seen oil majors including a BP, but also Shell Total Energies. We're also up this morning, so or Venezuela is an OPEC member, but not one with necessarily a massive influence or wait, so global markets.
Speaker 1: Oil markets won't be massively affected.
Speaker 4: But of course trade is trade on sentiment rather than reality sometimes, and so we have seen those shares that move higher this morning. What it doesn't do actually is threatened to chuck off the livelihood of the economic economic lifeblood of that country, which is already under massive pressure. We'll see how that goes and what the impact will be on that oil price and those oil companies as a result.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.