Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: NFL playoffs. We're talking about NFL playoffs. You bet we are getting on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL. Scoring touchdown is the key to winning NFL playoffs and the key to you scoring big betting on them at Draft Kings, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet, Try betting on something as simple as a player to score six Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Make your pick. Here's another reason to bet your favorite player to crush it in the playoffs. New customers bet five dollars, can get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly score big doing the NFL playoffs with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves, that's Code Money moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bet instantly when you bet just five bucks only at Draft Kings Sportsbook.
Speaker 3: The Crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in Westbrookvirginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight Hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: As the Baltimore Ravens move on to the divisional round with a convincing twenty eight fourteen victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers, their division rival, their arch nemesis, Lamar Jackson was sensational again sixteen of twenty one one hundred and seventy five yards passing two touchdowns and fifteen carries for eighty one yards playing game, but King Henry twenty six carries the buck eighty six two tubs that dynamic duo with sensational as they've been all year long.
Speaker 3: Thank you again for joining us.
Speaker 2: I'm your favorite unc Shannon Shark, that guy is your favorite, Number eighty five, the Route Runner, Extraordinary, Liberty City Legend, the Bengals Ring of Fame, Ounoie, the Pro Bowl of the All Pro that Chad Ochosenko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you, guys, We thank you every night that you join us. We thank you since twenty three, twenty four and continued on into twenty five.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your continued support.
Speaker 2: All the awards, all the accolade, all the praise that we received is because of you, our loyal thank for viewers and listeners. So thank you again. Please make sure you check out Shade by Laportier. We do have it and stop. And the holidays are pun us or their pastors actually, but they still can celebrate. Hell, why not I celebrate all the time. As a matter of fact, I might have me a little so George, get me a little glad now, you know the raven when we do we're in the playoffs, we booming on.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, whoa down me?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 3: What's with? What's with the sad look? That's unnecessary. Oh Joe, let me leave. I'm gonna let you live. But you're a Bronco. You are Bronco. Listen.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, staying with me, Stay with me Ronco tonight, I'm a raven.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, hold on, hold on, Now, let's let's not do that. Do that raving. No no no no no no no no, you're not You're not You're not gonna do that. You're not gonna do that. Listen.
Speaker 1: Your time, the majority of your time was spent in Denver mile High.
Speaker 5: Just remember Sleu, remember Salu. Now you just so happened we walked to So make sure you order a bottle of Shape by Laporte. If you can't fight in the city of state you're you.
Speaker 2: You can order and we'll shipp it directly to your door, and please drink responsibly. Please make sure you check out my media company on all of this platform. Oh get nobody's little cop hell, this little little look night cap. This is night cap. So you know i'n have you a little night cap? You know, gettier.
Speaker 1: Oh hold on, hold on, hold on, don't you no cop drinking drinking, drinking from the head, drinking from the heady, We.
Speaker 2: Too classes for that, O Joe. This is this is This is B S O P. This is top of the line. This This is a B S O P that drinks like an egg. So this glass is Turkish quartz. It's made especially. Hey, most of your taste come from your nose, and so we want you to taste this.
Speaker 3: You see it. Suit should arrive.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, man, listen, listen, listen, listen. Now, now what you can do? Now, I don't what you just said to me. That's like calculus to me. You know, I don't know nothing about alcohol, right, yeah, but I'm just saying. What you can do is take the bottle itself, Yeah, the bottle of self.
Speaker 3: Then you can smell it and then take it to the head from the bottle.
Speaker 2: But that's not that's not that's what you do with rock gut liquor. That ain't what you do with this kind of liquor. This is the kind of liquor that you in savor, that you enjoy. You get with your boy. You got your nice cigar or You're in the fire place, you had a nice eat, you're having a couple of cocktails, and you with your boy. You're sitting the riding, you're telling story. This is what you do with this.
Speaker 1: Okay, So everything you just explained it sounded like a wait next Hell moment. That's that's the first thing I thought of, Wait next Hell sitting around the fire.
Speaker 3: You know, I want to get through this because I really want to celebrate this victory back. You ain't, You're not part of the raven.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you follow my meeting company on all of its platforms, that Shapeshaped Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. We had a lot of release that just dropped last month. Shirt, sweats, coolies, beanies, and mugs. Quantities are limited, so please make sure you grab your Wild supplies last. Tickets for the Super Bowl Show in New Orleans. It's our first spring tour stop. They're on sale now. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. February the sixth in New Orleans at the Mahela Jackson Theater.
Speaker 3: Be there.
Speaker 2: You don't want to miss this one. Great guests are lined up. We can't wait to have our first Spring Tour stop of twenty twenty five, the first of about ten stops that's on the docket, O Joe. Both Nightcap and Club shay Sha have both been nominated for NAACP Image Awards. Nightcap was nominated for Outstanding Podcasts Art, Sports Entertainment. Club Shaysha was nominated for Outstanding Podcast Society and Culture.
Speaker 3: Please go vote for you, guys.
Speaker 2: Link is spended at the top is in our bios and we greatly appreciate that. And thank you NAACP for the nominations and congratulations to all the other nominees.
Speaker 3: Ravens run past.
Speaker 2: Us Pittsburgh Steelers twenty eight fourteen in the Divisional round.
Speaker 3: Oh shoe.
Speaker 2: The Ravens random ball fifty times two hundred in ninety nine yards. Deck Henry twenty six for a buck eighty six two touchdowns. Lamar Jackson added another eighty one on the ground Lamar sixteen or twenty five seventy five two touchdowns, no turn of the only one sack.
Speaker 3: But the Ravens dominated this game.
Speaker 2: Even though the Steelers came out, they sped up the tempo in the second half. I really never would really worried because they had to commit too much to stop the run. There's a couple of plays, Oh Joe, I saw they had eight men on the line of scrimmage, not eight men in the box, eight men at the line of scrimmage. But the Ravens were they playing like this offensively, They're very difficult to beat. Now, I'm still a little concerned about their past coverage on the back end on Joe. That's still a little concerning to me because the teams that could potentially face Now, if the Buffalo win tomorrow, we're gonna get a rematch Baltimore, Buffalo, Houston, Kansas City. But we're gonna talk about that a little later. But let's talk about this game, Oh Joe, the Ravens Lamar Jackson. I believe he's gonna win the MVP. You're gonna believe, you be lieve he's gonna win the MVP. It showed tonight that he should be the MVP. Now, Jos Josh Allen might come out and have one of those games he had against the Rams three touchdown rushing, three touchdown passing, or one of those games where he rushed for a touchdown, passport, touchdown catch, four touchdown. But Lamar Jackson looked extremely well tonight. Deack Henry Randa ball. This is why they got him. But what did you love most about what you saw from the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 1: Listen from the Ravens. I like they dominated from the start. They dominated from the start to finish. I said it before the game started. In order for the Pittsburgh Ceders to have a chance in this game, for one, you got to counter Lamar Jackson. You gotta counter Derick Henry and the production that they were gonna produce.
Speaker 3: You run for the half drive.
Speaker 1: You're gonna march down the field and have eleven twelve, thirteen, fourteen play drives with.
Speaker 3: The Steelers offense, Arthur Smith going.
Speaker 1: To have to call a different type of game in order to be in order for them to be able to hang with the Races.
Speaker 3: Did what did I say?
Speaker 1: I tweeted it for the game started, Arthur Smith, the game plan should have been finding different ways to get the one off of the weapon you have that is a threat, the one you got number fourteen. Put him in different positions, find ways to make find ways for him to make plays, to give you chunk plays. Because You're not gonna be able to march down the field. Not the Harricks's not gonna be able to Did you see nai harricks numbers at the end of the game.
Speaker 2: On sixthcare seventeen yards? Come on that they had eleven carries for twenty nine yards. There's there's nothing you can do with that. There's nothing you're gonna do with that. So I knew it was gonna happen. I knew it was gonna happen. Find ways to get your best office, the weapon, ways to get the ball. They hit him a few times to the second half. But at that point you already down two scores.
Speaker 3: It's too late. Can you down three scores? You down twenty one? Nothing? Right? Yeah? Bad? And they got off to it.
Speaker 2: They better be glad that they got to stop, because the Ravens pick up that third down. When they got the ball, they got to go, got to feel his score. So give them again, give the Steelers credit. They bowled their back when they affle would have to to give themselves a chance. They got the ball back, go down the field, make the score twenty one to seven. And what happened The Ravens get the ball back, said man let's stop playing with y'all.
Speaker 3: D Henry do what you do. He ended up the.
Speaker 2: Gut and uh he scored a touchdown for forty four yards out. I love the counter that the Ravens did to the Steelers counter. They had the defensive ends crasher to try to take away that inside zone read because a lot of time, you remember last time they played O Joe Derrick Henry bending back, he ate them alive. They said, hey, hot, smell what crash that Lamar pulled it? Okay y'all want? Oh yeah, okay, I'm gonna pull it again. Y'all still I gonna pull it again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I liked the counter that Todd Munkin had to their counter because he knew they had to do something to stop Deack Henry that inside zone read. Their counter was crash the end Monkins counter was pull the ball. I like that, And you see, running the football is all about commitment.
Speaker 3: A lot of times people think, well, man, they ain't do nothing.
Speaker 2: Well, you only gave them the ball three times, so you expect them to have a hundred yards and three carries. When the Ravens are committed to run the football, fifty carriers are commitment yeah, not a promise. Promises aren't like pie crust being ineasily broken. They are committed. That says, you know what, nothing else matters. We're running the football today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stop it right, but listen with this with the Steelers could have done this. And I'm not a defensive coordinator. I'm definitely not in depens a coordinator. But everything has to have gap. Everybody has to be sound and disciplined, understanding what they're what their assignments are, in order to stop that run. Now, when I look at the Steelers defensively, I see them as a defense that can hang and you know someone will stop the run.
Speaker 3: Their identity has always most.
Speaker 1: Of the time, it's been their defense. Yes, this their identity is their defense. The fact that they couldn't do anything and the ability to stop the run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is beyond me. But see ojo, I don't understand living. Let me tell you why.
Speaker 2: Then their ability to stop the run is predicated on one particular guy. But you got two guys you gotta worry about if you ever commit to stop dack. Henry Lamar Jackson pulls the ball and you see what he does. Okay, you say, I'm gonna hang back, not deack Henry Ben's back. You see, you have so much to worry about when you have a guy like Lamar with his leg So when he makes the ball and he rolls out pretending like he has it, it holds the backside in you.
Speaker 3: Well, he a little to the backside in.
Speaker 2: That gives dreck Here an opportunity to cut the ball back if necessary.
Speaker 3: You crash, I pulled, you don't, I let I give.
Speaker 2: And so when you have multiple things to worry about, that's what makes a guy like Lamar so dangerous. You worry about his arm and you worry about his legs. He's not just oh, he just gonna throw the ball. Look at the guys that's in the patri Mahomes. He doesn't run as much as Lamar, he doesn't run as much as as Josh Allen. But you better worry about his legs because we've seen the pass two Super Bowl. It was his legs that basically ended up winning them.
Speaker 3: The games on third downs two. That's it.
Speaker 2: Basically, all the guys that's in the playoffs, what can they do? With the exception of Sam Donald, all the guys got legs. Cjrock run a little bit not much. But you look at Lamar, you look at Patri Mahome, you look at Josh Allen. Those guys can move and that's what makes them so dangerous. If they don't turn the ball over, they're gonna be difficult to beat.
Speaker 3: Now, defensely, you'll have to tighten up. Now.
Speaker 2: If you look at the way they played today, look at the situation on that touchdown ball that was cover two the inside slot.
Speaker 3: He takes off running.
Speaker 2: Marlon has to go with him, but the safety scene that he's going hard. He can't get over the top. So he's getting on the top because what what did the DV talk to do? I'm trapped, I'm a pushing He didn't push him inside. He let pickens get outside. You gotta shove him inside. Now, when you shove him inside, you sick. But you watching the flat well, he let pickings get outside.
Speaker 3: The slot is screaming up the field.
Speaker 2: The safety can't get all the way over because there's a whole shot. He holds just long enough. Russ hitson boom.
Speaker 3: Touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and one of the first touchdown that's quarters. I don't know what the DBA thinks. Oh you that looked like they weren't quarters because everybody gets rotated.
Speaker 3: Back bro get want to be back up out of that?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's so long and well the Hamilton Hamilton was trying to was trying to direct traffic to snap off. Yeah, but I don't I don't know if the communication was off and that he couldn't hear. I mean, everybody couldn't hear what was going on.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, oh Joe.
Speaker 2: You can direct trap it all you want to, but you better get your ass side the track. You better get your ass out the free wait, because they're running your ass over. They don't cure nothing about you, direcular traffic. Get you right right right?
Speaker 3: Hey, you doing all this and.
Speaker 2: Talk about your ass out the way.
Speaker 3: But Ravens play like this, o Joe.
Speaker 2: I mean, look at the deficiency in which they ran the ball then threw the ball twenty one times. They ran it fifty times for the tomb of three hundred yards six yards apart.
Speaker 3: So guess what that means? Oh, we control the clock.
Speaker 1: It's another thing when I think about this, right, I think about the AFC, I think about all the NFC, and I look at them from a defensive standpoint, huh to me? When they think about the Bills defense, and I think about the Chiefs defense. Out of the three including the stealers of night, who has the best defense in the personnel to be able to stop the run?
Speaker 6: Out of the three I just named the Chiefs. You think so I like the Chiefs the best, Okay, because the law sometimes your best defense is your offense. So Buffalo can do it.
Speaker 2: Also, because they got Josh Allen thirty one fourth to one, he's gonna get it, right, He's gonna get it if so a lot of times. The best way to really defend the Ravens offense is to keep Lamar Jackson and Dereck Henry Rad's on the sideline. Okay, that's the best way because eventually you're gonna give them enough look and Todd Munkin is gonna figure a way to get his playmakers in position to make plays. The best way to the gate that is to keep them on the sideline. That's what the that's what the Ravens did to the Steelers. Well, you say, well, theever got a few playmakers. When you can't make plays when you're on the sideline, because think about the yard is that they had they had what are twenty twenty minutes in the first half to ten they had three hundred yards to sixty four. Well, I don't know what you're gonna do unless you get in school, unless you get in short fields, because your defense is fourth and turnovers.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna do a whole lot.
Speaker 2: With sixty four yards. Not much, not much at all, not at all. When the Ravens play like this, when they are committed to the run. They committed to the run. Today they came they came out, and Todd Monkins says, we are going to run the damn football. Lamar Jackson says, I ain't trying to be cute. I ain't all that other stuff. He's like, Look, I've been I heard what he said. He I've been answered, I've been sometimes maybe I've been trying to do too much.
Speaker 1: Right when you think about this, right and for since Lamar Jackson mama cussed his ass aus five weeks ago.
Speaker 3: They ain't lost a game. Sin, Nope, they ain't lost a game.
Speaker 1: Since I'm sure mama Mama said, you know. And in short term, baby, get out there and do it to do well, yes, don't try to Yes, what you do well, you're special. There's something about you that is special. The reason why you make that god damn two hundred fifty million. They paid you for that for one reason. And I want to sit back there and drive back fifty times to throw the goddamn ball. So I mean, I mean, that's that's a good thing. When the thing about it, the thing about it is what happens if they commit to the run. Now, depending on who they play next, we don't know who it's gonna be. I'm assuming it might be. Matter of fact, it's gonna be Buffalo. It's gonna be a rematch again, what happens when they commit to the run, but the Bills commit to stopping the run? Even though the Bills are a little undersize up front, they're a little undersize up front.
Speaker 3: But what's going to happen? Then, Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: If the Ravens win, excuse me, the Ravens won, if the Bills, If the Bills win, Baltimore travels to Buffalo, it'll be around. It'll be a rematch of what Week three, Week four, Derrick Henry ran wild. I think you had one hundred and ninety nine yards rushing. Now, if if that's the case. If the Broncos win, the Broncos would then travel to Kansas City, and then the Texans will travel to Baltimore.
Speaker 1: So okay, like I like the hypothetical, Joe, Joe, we got to give it. Are you covering all the bases? Yes, I'll be okay.
Speaker 2: Chat knows what happens if the Bronco pulls the upset. If the Broncos pulls the upset, the Broncos goes to Kansas City and the Texans travel to Baltimore. If that below wins, If Buffalo wins, the Texans travel to Kansas City, and Baltimore goals to Buffalo.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, even though you're covering all the bases, the fact that you even uttered those words out of your mouth and saying that the Broncos even have a chance of beating Buffalo.
Speaker 3: They do. That's why they call it football. I know that's what they call it football.
Speaker 1: But listen, if so happened, God comes down and the football gods blessed the Broncos and bot Nicks and they happen to beat the Buffalo Bills, which is highly doubtful, I double what I owe you.
Speaker 2: How about this even if God came down, the Bengals can't get in the playoffs. Yeah, I mean, I mean even Laughy when he got Lavorous up, he wasn't dead at that long.
Speaker 3: He't up. Why why are we talking about the Bengals?
Speaker 2: You know what? As a matter of fact, why you're talking. I should be the show, do the whole show. You should just show up. And since my I got two teams in the playoffs, I should do the show. Wait a minute, you got you don't have two teams? Got chat?
Speaker 3: We y'all tell old that I played. No, no, no, no, no no no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: See that's what you're not gonna do. You were drafted by the Denver Broncos. You just happen to be on the Steelers. And you just happen to be on the Ravens team.
Speaker 3: For two years.
Speaker 1: We know you got a helmet. I got a helmet too.
Speaker 2: Oh so I happen to be on the Ravens, the team that won the band first Super Bowl Ravens history.
Speaker 3: So I just happened to be there.
Speaker 2: So I didn't have pro So did I do anything for the Ravens?
Speaker 1: The defense? The defense won that Super Bowl? So we're gonna get a credit to the defense.
Speaker 3: I mean, I did score a couple of touchdowns in the playoffs. Okay, okay, okay, I listen, I scored a couple of man.
Speaker 2: No, that just ain't no man. I scored a couple of angle on the fields. I mean chat, I mean, y'all, I'm trying to figure out. I mean, if you, if.
Speaker 3: You you're a Bronco man, you can't do that. Listen.
Speaker 2: You happen to play for the have so, so I guess that's your question. When the when the Bucks have their reunion, the ten year reunion, five year, ten year reunion, Tom Brady shouldn't go because he was a he was a patriot.
Speaker 3: Right, He's a patriot at hard no matter.
Speaker 1: So so you're Denver Bronco, no matter how you try to slice it, no matter how play it.
Speaker 2: I didn't say I wasn't. All I'm saying is I got two teams in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: I got to.
Speaker 2: When the Brons playing the Ravens, I rooted for the Broncos. I went the Ravens, and I did if they played each other. I rooted for the Broncos, but at the root for the ras.
Speaker 3: That's not the way it works. It doesn't work. That works.
Speaker 1: It works the team wherever you played for for the most of your career, that is your team.
Speaker 3: Just because you.
Speaker 2: Huh oh yo, I just oh yo. I didn't have a cup of coffee. I wanted to chimp. Yeah, I wanted to champ with Baltimore that they ever got.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, you're a Raven. I'm gonna lit you have that. I'm list you. I know one thing, the Bronco.
Speaker 1: The Bronco going home tomorrow, and I don't I mean no disrespect if there are any Broncos fans in the chat. You know how I feel about you. I love you, I love you. But I'm talking football. I'm talking football, and I'm talking about the matchup tomorrow. Number twelve, No, Josh Allen, what number Josh Allen?
Speaker 3: Where seventeen seventeen.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about number twelve seventeen and gonna put that cape on tomorrow and he gonna show you why he's in the m v P racing, in the MVP running now. He might not win the MVP, but he's going to put on an MVP performance. I love bo Nicks, I love I love Sean Payton. You know, come on, man, put that put put it down.
Speaker 3: Y'all y'all doing oh jo oh yo, don' oh yo. Don't want me to want me to live my team one team plays tomorrow. Your team plays play tonight. I have another team playing tomorrow. No, it don't work like that. You don't like it.
Speaker 1: Don't work like that. Listen when you get married. Listen when you get married, right, yes, married, you only have one wife. You're not Muslim, you're not mutherling. You're not finna have two teams. You're not going to do that. So you are a Bronco And it's okay. It's okay, you're a Bronco.
Speaker 2: And Joe Lee was married to Brad Pitt and Billy Bob Thorpe. Now I don't care. She was only mad for two months. She was married to Billy Bob. Not unless you have my moment. I want to super Bowl with the Ravens. Two years of a long time.
Speaker 1: A long time for what two years are still a honeymoon phase? You don't even listen. You don't even know who you're dealing with. The first two years you don't even senate you brothers.
Speaker 5: Man, I won five playoff games in two years with the Ravens. As ask me how many playoff games I won?
Speaker 2: Uh with the With the uh, you probably won two.
Speaker 3: Two? Yeah, the Visional and the Championship round. Yeah, yeah, I would sure something I could jell you. I don't even know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I'm just the fact that you you like it's like like you hold it onto something that that that's really not a part of your history.
Speaker 2: How do you tell the story? How do you let me ask your question? How do you tell the story of the Baltimore Ravens. What I mentioned the shehllon shark.
Speaker 3: Because you just talk about the defense the whole time. I still got.
Speaker 2: All I know is that if you go back and look at the longest postseason touchdown from scrimmage.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, man, come on, man, come on, all right, I'm gonna let you have it.
Speaker 3: You know you're you're you don't want me to celebrate. Why you don't want me to win because you're really not a Raven.
Speaker 1: You know you are not a Raven because you you just you just happen to play for the team.
Speaker 3: That's that that's not your heart. Your heart is not there. They signed me as a free agent. They spent big dollars to get me. Thank you. Listen, I came to parade, y'all. What's What's what time?
Speaker 1: The Broncos in the bells play one o'clock the ball? Matter of fact, we should while the game is going on. We should do the show while the game is going on so we can get your reaction. We can get you your live reaction in game while the Bills are playing the Broncos. Now, that would be that would be exciting.
Speaker 3: I mean, me and Jamal, I mean we came in together, me and big Mall. All right, I'm let gonna let you have. I mean, I was there for two years.
Speaker 2: I won a super Bowl if they had that Baltimore, remember, I mean the one that's old enough to remember. Now, maybe some ten year old don't remember, a fifteen year old don't remember.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying two years. Man, it's the honeymoon phase.
Speaker 1: Man. You you really don't you really don't like like y'all y'all.
Speaker 3: What Tom Brady wanted to win a super Bowl in his first year, right, But Tom is a patriot. Tom is the patriot at heart.
Speaker 1: I'm sure if you would have asked him, and no cameras around him say you know what, my tenure was so short with Tampa Bay, But I am true.
Speaker 3: Three years? Huh? Three years? They short? Three man? I mean the man played twenty years at one stop. What you want to put in another tea in a temple? No, y'all try to do me. He don't want me to have no shine.
Speaker 2: You don't want me to have no shine cause I don't want you have copped Ravens my team one tonight.
Speaker 1: If you if you want to have shine, your team has to win tomorrow. Your team has a matter of fact, I don't even I want to put the O's are in Vegas. I'm gonna with the O's are in Vegas.
Speaker 3: What do you think? We're flocking? Flops? Nice? I thought it was a Bronco country Let's ride. Whoa whoa w w w w woa. What did I say? Tonight? We flocking? Okay? All right, Codad Black were flocking. You don't want me to shine. You don't want me to shine. You won't have me there right now, you're about to hand me something. What's that? Oh? Come on, I'm a man now. If you come on.
Speaker 2: Now, I did have something to do with them putting one of them in ravenst Stadium.
Speaker 7: All right, all right, all right, I would like to think I'm a I'm a part of it. Okay, all right, you said we still the honeymoon pay in the Honeymoon Paine, y'all still kids, right yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: This is this is this is those those were those were fortunate circumstances, you know.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to you, uh during that time.
Speaker 1: But again we we we we need to understand that it was it was the defense, unbelievable defense at that that that that was able to get that to get that trophy. Uh no, no, no disrespect to others that were part of that team. But you are a Bronco at heart, no matter how you try to splice it, no matter how you try to play it, and just say, oh I was with the rape two years.
Speaker 3: Two years. I mean like, nah, that that that that ain't it? You're a Bronco, right, what that's the hate alert going off?
Speaker 1: Hey you gonna talk, We're gonna we're gonna talk about them Broncos tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it, Joe, talk about the Broncos tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what if you gonna look two thousand and two thousand and one and you've seen who wanted number eighty two?
Speaker 3: Can y'all look that up right quick? Because I think, but why quadr ishmael boy eighty two? God you eighty seven? Oh my bad. You don't want to give me, You don't want to give me no credit. You don't want to be to shine. I'm I'm letting you shine. But you're just doing like you you're.
Speaker 1: Doing like like you're overdoing it as if you were with the with you guys, if you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you was there two years, that's it, just too Joe. But you may it seem like I was just on the team now you, I mean you was just on the team. That's it.
Speaker 2: The team and receiving y'all ain't had no old on that mercy you see every chance.
Speaker 3: Everybody trying to undermine what I did.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to undermine what you did. I'm just saying, like you are a Bronco. You are Bronco. You're Bronco no matter no matter what. And I want to keep this, keep saying, I want you to keep the same nat tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I played fourteen years, I played twelve with the Broncos, ten two with the Ravens, two more with the Broncos. So twelve with the Broncos with the Ravens.
Speaker 3: I will see see you see how I'm balanced? That is what twelve two to twelve two? Uh, most of the time, that's what happens, don't Yoe? Right? Right right?
Speaker 1: But people always gravitate towards the team they played the most time. For now, it's okay for you to celebrate the Ravens winternight.
Speaker 3: I am so what you mean, it's okay, I am celebrating that. You're you're you're over celebrating, you know what. Let me.
Speaker 2: Be can be careful that we got another hour and a half time half for time?
Speaker 3: Fly were you're having fun? Your team? Your team in the playoffs? My team, the Bengals. We were at home, okay, Patriots, Dolphins. No, I don't, I don't. I'm not a baby. I'm a bangal.
Speaker 7: Samo Juco's I'm a bangle.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't claim to be anyone else but the team that drafted me in that I played the majority of my career for it.
Speaker 3: Well, oh, Joe, I'm sorry, Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: You weren't fortunate enough to go to like, you know, Broncos, a big go to this.
Speaker 3: I listened, Ravens, I wasn't. I got drafted where I did.
Speaker 1: Now the cars that I was there, I did the best I could with the cars I was there.
Speaker 3: But that's all I could do. Yeah, you know that's it. That's what he dealped me. He just deapped me. The big joker.
Speaker 2: You know, hey, that picture, I got a big joker. But the bar On Ravens win. Double up the Pittsburgh Steelers, the arch rival, their nemesis, twenty eight to fourteen. Lamar Jackson sixteen to twenty one, one hundred and seventy five yards, two touchdowns, no turnovers. Dag twenty six carries a buck eighty six, two touchdowns. Lamar Jackson fifteen carries for eighty one yards. Ravens run the ball fifty times for two hundred and ninety nine yards.
Speaker 3: Oliev domination. Old on.
Speaker 2: Let me see here, pull up the oh it went out? Need to reload the page. Uh they really dominated this ball game? Did it come back up? Team stats? Team stats No, No, raven Oh Joe Leavers possessed the ball almost two to one thirty nine thirty three to twenty minutes and twenty seven seconds, so they almost doubled them up.
Speaker 3: The Ravens was ten or fifteen or third down.
Speaker 2: Seventy two total plays the forty five total plays four hundred and sixty four yards to two hundred and eighty yards.
Speaker 3: Thank the Ravens were really good. Not a whole lot of penalties three for fourteen.
Speaker 2: Steelers had seven for forty one one sat twenty nine first downs to eleven. Hell as a matter of fact, and the first halfened, the Ravens had more first downs than Steelers ran plays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, listen, and I knew, I knew what the magic was. I said it before the game started. I said it before the game started. Give me that you got to use your offensive weapons.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: I know Arthur Smith has an offense that he wants to run, But you got you gotta change things up. You gotta change things up, and you gotta counter what the Ravens do extremely well, and you just try to do it methodical, thinking you're gonna drive down the field and dink and dunk, and that wasn't gonna be the hanswer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what the thing was?
Speaker 2: O Joe is that when you fall behind the ravens now, it takes you out of really what you want to do. They want to run the ball, they want to control the clock, and you know, and things like that. When you get down fourteen, you get down twenty one, ain't no one running the football.
Speaker 3: It's all about throwing the football. Now you mess running, go three and.
Speaker 2: Our Now all of a sudden, your defense is back on the field after they've been tired. Houston Texans get it going in the second half and they pull away from them LA Chargers thirty two to twelve score. Gomi says that is the first time that the game has ended with the score of thirty two to twelve.
Speaker 3: C J.
Speaker 2: Stroud twenty two to thirty three, two eighty one one touchdown one in exceptions, Joe Mixon ran the ball really well twenty five carries of Buco six one touchdowns. Total rush is Houston thirty four for Buck sixty eight and the touchdown Nico Collins was sensational. Date seven catches for Buck twenty two as they almost triple up the LA Chargers. Justin Herbert did not have a great day. He only threw three interceptions all year. He threw four today, fourteen to thirty two, which is less than fifty percent two hundred and forty two yards. But one of them came on an eighty six yard touchdown, so one touchdown four exception. He was sacked four times a thirteen QBR. They didn't couldn't run the ball eighteen rushes fifty yards. But Lad McConkie had himself a day. Oh joe, he gained anybody nine catches a buck ninety seven one touchdowns. But if you go back to look at it, he was really the only wanted. They caught him ass but did it. Yeah, the tight end dis Leete he called two for sixteen, Fist called one for fifteen, Chart caught one for ten.
Speaker 3: Davids called one for four. That was it.
Speaker 1: Now, listen, listen. The first half. First half was horrible. On the first half was very boring. First half was very, very very boring and very underwhelming. Like when I think about the Charters' offense, I thought, you know, it would be a high scoring game. I just thought it was especially having Justin Herbert, Justin Herbert being in the playoffs, I'm like, you know what, Quintin Johnson had a hell of a game last week had maybe seven something like that. So I'm thinking, okay, Quentin Johnson coming in with the confidence after having a game like that. Then Ladarius mccauckey, I don't even call him ladin no more laddis show for Ladarius, you know, Farth, I'm concerned. He's want to hey, listen, he had a phenomenal game today and shed shrined the Texas. They scared me a little bit. They scared me a little bit with the way they were playing in the first half. Now, if it wasn't for the interceptions, if it wasn't for the interceptions that brother Herbert threw, this game might have been a little bit different. And I tweeted after they threw the first one, all right, now you're playing around. You're gonna pay double for that.
Speaker 2: That was I mean both of them, I mean c J. Here's interception. That was terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yea, yea, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. I'm like, whoa.
Speaker 2: And then and Jenn Herbert came back, I mean Herbert interception was They were awful? Which one but listen, no, no, that was distantly that was the tight end that dropped it.
Speaker 3: Come out the one in the plant and they got a picture.
Speaker 1: They went through Lad McCaughey's hands. Oh, the one over the middle, No, it was, it was. It was like, yeah, over the middle what you call them? I know, I know what you talk about. Yeah, that was.
Speaker 3: That was. Oh he was so tall.
Speaker 1: Now listen now, if your hands, if your hands touched it, especially somebody like Ladd the Darius, if if the ball touched her hands, you got to have that.
Speaker 3: You got to have that. And they went ray went right through his hands. Yeah, but but it was, it was.
Speaker 1: It was an ugly game, especially the first half. The Texas got it together in the second half. Yes, And if I'm not thinking this, didn't see they shroud get get sacked three times in the first half.
Speaker 3: If I'm not mistaken, I got yeah. I mean they have to play the better they have to play.
Speaker 1: If they playing, if they were playing a better team, a better offensive team, it would have been.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If you get off to the start and they got off the day you played Kansas City night, if you play Kansas City or you play a raiding off to the start, because you can't spot, that team is gonna put that team is gonna put fourteen seventeen points on you really put you behind the eight ball. But Eric Murray's picked six off of Justin Herbert late in the third quarter gave the Texas a twenty to six league and they didn't look back. Herbert a brutal day. Throw in the football for interceptions. Uh. He had nine completion the lab McConkie uh and five to one, two, three, four or five seven other receivers. So lad was getting open. He did a great job. He's done a great job. But then the interception that they ended up getting Stingley Junior, it shows why he's an All Pro because he had a phenomenal but he got tremendous ball skills, did a great job.
Speaker 3: I thought he was gonna take that one to the house.
Speaker 1: So Joe, Yeah, speaking and speaking of ball skills, I want to talk about technique.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about his technique on the double move.
Speaker 1: Most of the time, on the double move that the receiver tried to run on most of the time, a DV played so aggressive and bits on the first move, on the first move where he's not even in position to recover man, not only he been on a little bit, but then he was able to transition, get back, get his eyes on the ball and then pick it off.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: I don't think people the casual fan understand know the casual fan Washington home, they just see interception. I mean just the development on how we got an interception and how we kept his self in position to even make the guy that and play.
Speaker 3: I'm like, but god, lady, yeah.
Speaker 2: He got they got. He got great ball skilled, getting better and better. They did a great job of pressuring. Will Lanerson Jr. Had a sack and a half. Mario Edwards Jr. Had a sack and a half. They really got after Herbert. They neutralized the running game. So now we know now we can just go hunting. We can turn to unleash the hounds, and we can just go hunting because we have we know you have no threat of running the football. I'm not even concerned about the I'm not a concerned about you running it. All I'm doing is pinning my ears back. Hey, livebacker, y'all have a run front fold. Let's go hunting.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, now listen, Buffalo Buffalo broncosiplete tomorrow. So who would be the next opponent for for the Texans.
Speaker 2: If the If the Broncos win the Broncos go to Kansas City and the Texans go to Baltimore. Right, if Buffalo wins, Baltimore goes to Buffalo, Houston goes.
Speaker 3: To Kansas City.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See what I tried to tell you, that is I would try to tell you telling about you. You ain't want to hear what I was trying to say. I was just trying to beat the outlines of what was gonna happen. I mean, I like the outline. I like the outline of what you're saying. But we already know how it's going to play out.
Speaker 3: You know, we understand how it's going to No, we don't listen. You know, you know what I got.
Speaker 1: You know, right now, you're hopeless romantic, like in a sense where where it's like a little bit of delusion, you know, when you're not when you when you wanted to play out one way instead of having instead of reality actually setting in and understanding how it's going to go. It's kind of cute, it's kind of it's kind of cute, but I understand. You know the Bronco in you want you guys to win that game, and you go.
Speaker 3: To play wait no, yeah, you go play kid? No, what can see. Yeah, y'all gonna have no No, it ain't have it. If the Broncos win, the Broncos would go to Kansas City, I said. The Texans would then't travel to Baltimore.
Speaker 2: If Buffalo wins, Baltimore have to pack up, go to Buffalo. Texans go to Kansas City. So basically gets the lower of the seeds. So the Broncos and the Texans are the lower of the seeds. So the Texans if the Broncos win, Broncos seventh seed go to Kansas City, one seed Baltimore, which is the three seed, which travel to the two seed, which is Buffalo. Okay, Buffalo wins, Baltimore packs up, goes to Buffalo.
Speaker 3: They're the lower of the seed.
Speaker 2: So now so basically they're the higher the seed seed that it goes. If you're the low seed, one's supposed to get that advantage. So we're gonna play the lower seed, which would be which would be the Texans or the Broncos.
Speaker 1: Right, So basically Buffalo's playing Baltimore now, and that's why we play the game.
Speaker 3: That's why we play the game. Oh man, come on, man, that's your question. Come on now, did you say that when New England did.
Speaker 2: When New England played the Giants, did you say we know who's gonna win?
Speaker 5: No, okay, they stay stay with me real quick.
Speaker 1: Now, anytime the Patriots played the Giants, the matchup was always good. The match was always good because they played the Patriots extremely well, despite them not being a divisional opponent. For some reason, the Giants always had the Patriots number. Why, I have no clue. I have no clue. Every time they played well. Now in this case, in tomorrow's game, we know you do realize, fine, mice, listen, the three blind mice can see how it's gonna go.
Speaker 3: Hey, Buffalo's win that game. Broncos is gonna put up a great effort between me and you. The Broncos beat Buffalo last year with Russ, I understand, but in Buffalo. But that ain't none of my favors. I don't even know why I brought that up. That was regular season one. Yep, yeah, exactly. This is different.
Speaker 1: These are if they're playing the playoff implications on hand, then getting ready to play Superman the m v P runner.
Speaker 3: Huh was he not Superman last year? Oh? He just turned he was.
Speaker 1: He was heavily turnover prone last year.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just checking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just making sure you know, Hey, don't worry about oho oh bow Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like both Nicks. Yeah, I like bow Guard Knicks. Yeah. I like bow Garden. Okay, okay, I'm which, I'm with you when you're right. But I like bo.
Speaker 1: I ain't saying nothing bad about He's played very well. He's one of the reasons why they're in the place. With my team in the playoffs, I got two teams in the playoff. I on the play for two. I got both my team and the playoffs. You got no team. You played with more teams than I did. It ain't nothing to make the playof No, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not listen man, all right. I like your energy today. I like your energy. I'm glad.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you feel good. Make sure you had this same in tomorrow. Make sure you have the same energy tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Please. Can I enjoy it tonight? Yeah, you can enjoy it night. I get twenty four hours to join this victory.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, because you and then you're gonna have a sad face on tomorrow. Matter of fact, I want you to once you go have that same Bronco robe you had on. Wet that Rod, bring out Gay, get your Bronco helmet, get everything.
Speaker 3: I want all your all, your your Bronco memorabilia. Have it. Make sure you have it on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll be, I'll be, I'll be my Ravens gear. I'll have a break. I might have to break my raven I have to take my Ravens.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. Matter of fact. A yeah, let me get you again. Let me get your early gift for your Bronco tomorrow on.
Speaker 2: I gotta take you. I gotta take I gotta take my Bronco. I've been my Ravens. Jurney not the frame. Oh Joe hater. I don't even rather, I don't even know why he hates so much. A. C. J. Stroud is now the six quarterback in the NFL history to win a playoff game in each of its first two seasons. He joins Big Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, Mark Sanchez, Russell Wilson, and Brock Purty.
Speaker 3: C J.
Speaker 2: Stroud joins that elite group. Let that seek here for a second. Ben Roethlisberger is going to the Hall of Fame. I don't think Joe make it. Russell, Wilson, might Hey, Brock Perdy had his entire career ahead of him.
Speaker 3: C J. Stroud, I read, oh jh oh, Joe? What can call me? You called me oh ja? Yeah? Cause I got you on the run. I got him on the run and hold on, I got I got you.
Speaker 1: I got your early gift for you, for you, Brock home for you. I believe it look.
Speaker 3: A little doblins bag.
Speaker 1: Hey, so you can put your helmet, put your shoulder pass Hey, if you put your.
Speaker 3: Cleats, I want to. I'm gonna get it out, get it out hurly for you. You a hater. I ain't hating. I'm just I'm just trying to have it out. Don't have you back up? Matter of fact, and you can beat the Bengals and can't cool. Nah, we are going talk. We decide there. C J.
Speaker 2: Stroud is now the six quarterback in the NFL history to win a playoff game in each of its first two starts. He joins Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flackold, Mark san Chez, Russell Wilson, and Rock Party.
Speaker 3: That's six.
Speaker 2: C J. Stroud, Big Bend, Joe Flackhole, Mark Sanchez, Russell Wilson and brock Party are the only quarterbacks in NFL history to win a playoff game in each of the first two seasons.
Speaker 3: UH twenty two or.
Speaker 2: Thirty three two eighty two one touchdown, one interception, three sacks. Joe Mixon ran the ball. This is why they got Joe Mixon. Y'all didn't want Joe Mixon anymore. Houston takers say, gladly take him off your hands. Twenty five Carris of bucko six one touchdown. Nico Collins was sensational today. Oh Joe on Nico, call him touchdown? He minds up in that tight ass flit. Yeah, and the corner is playing off, so he don't resk if you playing off.
Speaker 3: If he takes off your ruther shallow cross, he goes star him. Yeah, he ran a.
Speaker 2: Slint and he jumping up and down. I'm like, what did you expect, bro that guy that title split and you're not gonna press it. You're not gonna put hands on him, but nothing.
Speaker 3: Hold on.
Speaker 1: When you gotta understand the point of having the condensed split is to get the corners to back up. Most of the time, it's for receiver that have a problem of getting off the ball. Nico's not one of those, one of those players. And anyway, if you do, you do go up there in your press, nego Collin, You're gonna get your ass debo because he's not little and he's strong, especially up in the.
Speaker 3: Press, and he's very very good and man the man.
Speaker 1: So you got to pick your poison. You want to play off and make a player on the ball and just make the tackle.
Speaker 3: You're not you're not gonna make.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna You're not gonna make no play on the ball because he got that tight split here on these twelve yards, he runs a five yards slant, he catched the ball.
Speaker 3: He gonna drag your ass and the ends on.
Speaker 2: But my point is with that cound thence split, he runs a shallow cross and they got crosses coming.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get picked off, Yeah you are.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at these guys. I'm like ro I'm looking at the guys split. I see guy doing certain things like grow. Why you let lad McConkie. You don't get it. You can I understand that you gotta buzz the flat, you gotta buzz buzz the hook, but at least give him a jam. You let the man goes God free circle in behind you where you vacated and not re routing when a guy when you when a guy comes in your laying your area, Oh Joe, you.
Speaker 3: Got to re rout him. You got to do something. You gotta do something. You can't let him just pre release and just go. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, man, I just I worry about some of these guys. I like, bro did y'all watch after the game as ze ol Scher had some words for Rex Ryan.
Speaker 3: Let's take a.
Speaker 1: Listen, wait, give me, give me better contact because I don't even know.
Speaker 3: Rex said, you fin to find out here it is now. Rex Ryan said it was going to be a bye week for the Chargers. Your thoughts. Shame on him.
Speaker 8: He's coaching this league. He knows, you know, that's that's just him being you know, TV guy. I don't take a personal because end of the day, he's coaching us. He knows how this league is.
Speaker 3: It's a week two weeks league. This is the best of the best.
Speaker 8: So he can say what he wants, you know, that is what it is.
Speaker 3: But I take that.
Speaker 8: I don't even take that person. I think maybe he was just you know, trying to hype himself up for TV or.
Speaker 2: Something in the locker room smoking on a cigar and said he had he was smoking on that Rex Ryan Paper. Rex said he didn't realize that the Chargers had earned a bye week because they were playing the Texans, given the Texans had played poorly over the last month of the season. Obviously, players hear everything. If they didn't hear, somebody sent it to him. That's why Z said, Z said what he said.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Listen, Honestly, I'm thinking Rex Ryan obviously think it's going to be a bye week for the Chargers. It's simply because only not only Harball, but the fact that they had Justin Herbert at quarterback. Justin Herbert at the helm and I think Justin Herbert needs to be held to the same standard that other quarterbacks are held at that they see as top tier. When we mentioned some of the best quarterbacks in the league, Justine Herbert's name always comes up based on you know, he's the prodigy or the I'm not sure what word I'm looking for him.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to use here. I don't want to be dispectate.
Speaker 2: I hold mahomes Lamar and Rogers to a different level than I hold anybody, because those are the guys that have the MVPs, they've been labeled the best, they've been the guys that's been first team All Pro on multiple occasions. So you have to hold them for a higher standard than you hold everybody else. Now, if you want to put Josh Allen, you want to put Joe Burrow, you want to put some of these other quarterbacks in the group that's a notch below, that's fine.
Speaker 1: But Joe, justin herbert name, Justin Herbert's name is always in that group you just named.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is because, oh Joe, I think it is because of the two. You see a guy that six foot five, two hundred and forty pounds, has a right on the arm. He can make all the throws like a lot of these quarterbacks can. But I gonna judge him because he really hadn't really done anything. I mean, he went to what they wanted, the visional round, the playoffs. When I talk about Joe Burrow, he's gone to a Super Bowl, He's gone to an AFC championship game twice. Josh Allen has gone to an NFC championship game twice. They get the Matthew Stafford. Those guys get critiqued a little harder than saying some of these other leicsitire quarterbacks, but mahomes.
Speaker 3: Lamar and and and and Aaron.
Speaker 2: They get judged the harshest because one guy has four MVPs, a Super Bowl in VP. One guy has two m vps, three super Bowl MVPs, and another guy had about to have his third regular sea the MVP. So that's why we judge Labar the harshest. It's about what you don't say this about Burrow. You should be thankful. You should be thankful that I don't mention him and Burrow in the same breath. I don't hear mentioning him and Josh Yell in the same breath, because you shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, you're right, But but.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, Boguard might have something to say about that.
Speaker 1: Tomar have something to say about what, oh Jo, I'm just saying both guard might have something.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying. Let's me listen.
Speaker 1: You've been watching football for a long time now, you didn't been around the game for a long time.
Speaker 3: You played the game at a very high level. You won.
Speaker 1: You want super you want a super Bowl. You want Super Super Bowls. You're a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: You know the game. You know the game, You understand the game. You know it's a week to week basis when it comes to the playoffs. Now, you know the Bronco do not match up anywhere, at any position with the Buffalo Bill. So why do you have this this sense of hope for the Broncos tomorrow?
Speaker 3: I don't understand it.
Speaker 1: You you acting like a hopeless romantic.
Speaker 2: No matter how many times I've broken had my heart broken, I still believe in love. I believe no matter how many times I've had my heart broken, I believe in love.
Speaker 3: Right, someone to kiss, someone to miss.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, It's gonna be a good game tomorrow though, And I'm hoping. I'm hoping bo Nicks can make it interesting. I'm hoping Sean Payg can make it make it interesting. I'm excited to watch Marvin Mams in Courtland Sudden and Washington Boys do something. Man, but something about that got that number seventeen?
Speaker 3: He's playing that.
Speaker 1: Oh listen, man, listen, I'm excited though. It's gonna be a good.
Speaker 3: One this weekend.
Speaker 2: Three teams with better records than their playoff opponent would hit the road in the wildcard round. That is nothing new, as the league playoff seating has always rewarded division winners with a home game, But like many years in the past, the league will again review its playoff seating for Matt this offseason. Sources tell CBS Sports the owner has always preferred the current format, but there could be an appetite for change that reward team with a better record with a home playoff game. That's not right. That's the whole purpose of winning your division, right. So now, because oh we got a fifteen we got what a fourteen win team that's on the road. Really so like that. We haven't had that before. They didn't win that it happened.
Speaker 3: Oh yo.
Speaker 2: It's not often that you have a fifteen win team and you have a fourteen win team in.
Speaker 3: The same division.
Speaker 2: Right, Dereck Henry is the first guy to rush for at least nineteen hundred yards and not win the Russian title.
Speaker 3: So what are we gonna do? Now, go back and look at strength of schedule.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't win. Somebody had more wins. Okay, this is what it is. Y'all got to start the NFL stop this, y'all think y'all have done enough to the rule and everything. Now y'all want to take Now, y'all want to take the on side kickout?
Speaker 1: Listen, and you know what, you know what their excuse would be. Everything that we're doing is for the betterment of the game, to improve that, to improve the game.
Speaker 3: Now, what they've done so far, and I mean no disrespect.
Speaker 1: I understand safety and want to protect the players, but also for the shield is you're watering down the game of football and with football was known and played. Ass Yeah, it's not the same. It's not the same. And you continue, you continue to It's like getting surgery. It's like you see a woman that that continue to get surgery over and over and over when the body of work was perfectly fine. Keep messing with God's work and now you look like a goddamn pinion.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing. Oh, y'all be pretty sure? So pretty soon? What take the punt out? I mean you're taking the kickoff? I just take the punt out. Take the off side. You've already done whatever that. I don't know what they call that new kickoff rule where the guy you can't move until the guy catch the ball. Oh, I mean, oh, y'all, you playing an inherently dangerous game. I don't care. Listen, I don't care how many airbags you add. I don't care the seat belt. I don't care if you at carbon fiber or whatever you add. When you drive at a high rate of speed, things happen. Yeah, I don't care. So when you play the game of football and you take a big man and he runs into a bigger man at a high rate of speed, that's not what the human body was meant to do, right, right, So you're at so it's gonna happen. You're trying to make an inherently dangerous game safe.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you can't. You can't.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure why they can't get that through their skulls. It's impossible. Not only is it impossible, the dimensions of the field they haven't changed yet. No, but the players playing in today's game fast Listen. They gotten bigger, they gotten faster, they gotten stronger, But the dimensions of the field haven't changed. So that means at a high rate of speed when running, the collisions are still the same. Now you're telling me where you can't hit people in a certain way. You can't leave with your head. Well, how else do you tackle? You don't tackle with your face. Hell no, you don't tackle with your face.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get somebody gonna break their damn neck.
Speaker 2: But guess what, o Joe, And you've increased the game. You've gone from twelve to sixteen to seventy. Bad to go to eighteen. But you want to make the game safer. The more times you do so, the more time you get on the interstate and drive, the greater your risks are for a car wreck. So the more times you add games to it, there's a greater chance players are gonna get hurt. Yeah, and it's just common sense. It's the law of average, right.
Speaker 1: I think the league, the league should just come out and say, listen, we're doing all that we can.
Speaker 3: To make as much money as we can make it money. There we go.
Speaker 1: You took the words right out of my mouth. That's it, because that's the bottom line at the end of the day. Anyway, that's in any business, especially a business like this, especially a million dollar business like this. At the end of the day, we're trying to find ways to make as much money as possible.
Speaker 3: And if adding games is gonna be it? So be it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I OK with that, because that's what it is. I mean, you can't, you can't. You can't since we want to make this safer out of the guys, or said, well look at the rules. But you add more games, you increase guys chance of getting injured by you by playing. I mean, look, you keep running across the streets, sooner or later, something bad gonna happen on Joe, you keep crossing the bus of intersection, something's gonna happen a bentually. You can only tell faith so many times you get it the kickoff if yes, you got big guys right on, the high rate of speed and little I get all that. I understand it, and I understand trying to make the game save. But you can't say I'm trying to make this game safe for one hand, adding games on the other hand, by the same token as you mentioned, the dimensions of the field.
Speaker 3: Hasn't changed or the rockster side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what about that?
Speaker 3: Are you going to add more?
Speaker 2: Of course, now, Ojoe, because if you add five more players, that's a couple of extra million dollars that the owners are gonna.
Speaker 3: Have to pay to pay it yeah, so I'm trying to I'm confused.
Speaker 2: Oh, we'll give y'all more practice squad per man the practice squad players, not it. Listen, I mean they wouldn't making eight Not what a practice squad player make maybe ten thousand dollars a.
Speaker 3: Week, good money.
Speaker 2: Get out there and practice something you love more than you're gonna I promise you this, more than you're gonna make on the job.
Speaker 3: If you've got a degree. You got your degree. Some guys have their degree by the time they graduate.
Speaker 2: You're probably not gonna go make one seventy two hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh your first job? Not so.
Speaker 2: Hey, I get to play football, blah blah blah. Hey, I'm gonna get called up. Hey, who knows what might happen. Somebody might Hey, somebody might sign me to the active roster. Then I get a man guaranteed. But if something gotta change, if y'all keep adding these games, you got to add. You got to add the roster side, you got to increase it.
Speaker 3: It's only fair. Yeah, what do we got?
Speaker 2: Practice squad players could earn between twelve thousand, five hundred and twenty one thousand, three hundred, depending on the experience level rookies and second year player earned a minimum of.
Speaker 3: Twelve thousand, five hundred the week.
Speaker 2: God, buddy, oh Joe, really really long. I was going to act the roster they make that I pay sixty three year.
Speaker 1: That was back in the day. Now you played thirty seven years ago. Now, so you know, don't give a damn the cheetah. I want restitution.
Speaker 2: Veterans with at least three years of experience can earn a minimum of sixteen thousand, eight hundred with a match of twenty one thousand, three hundred. So a a practice squad player can legitimately make three four on a five. Yeah, man, I went, I was first team All Pro, it made three twenty five.
Speaker 3: Long, I'm to go by five times. Times have changed. But look but look but look look what look how God has blessed you.
Speaker 1: Now? Oh yeah, I want back though, Well listen, if you getting back paid, then I need I need to find a lawsuit because I want I want all my fines back, all my fines.
Speaker 3: I needed. I needed to talk to Merton Hanks.
Speaker 1: I needed to talk to Paul taglerbu I need to talk to Roddy the deal everything you find me for that is now celebrated and allowed. I need my money back.
Speaker 3: Hey, that money.
Speaker 2: I just jacked that money off anyway, so hes be lied on.
Speaker 3: You don't give me because I the little money I had, I there wasn't no saving back then. Yeah, I feel then I got a question.
Speaker 1: Anybody ever really looked in to where that fine money goes? They said it goes to charity. Have we asked these charity? Are they really literally getting the money that they take from us? Or is somebody pocket into that? But here's the thing, though, you don't get to write it off though. Yeah, they write it off. Yeah, that you know.
Speaker 2: I tell you, if I'm not mistaken, I think they just gave five million dollars for the fire department the NFL did. Then they give five million dollars. That's probably your five money, some of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, you said it goes somewhere. I just don't know who is lying in somebody's pocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, you're right. But that's all I'm saying. If you're gonna keep increasing games, you're gonna have to increase roster sides.
Speaker 3: You got to you.
Speaker 2: Gotta go to you gotta go to a fifty to fifty one man game day roster and maybe even a fifty maybe even a fifty three fifty six mm.
Speaker 3: Roster during the course of the week.
Speaker 2: Keep eighteen sixteen eighteen practice squad, guys.
Speaker 3: I get that. That's fine. Yeah, but to to to ask the players to play this many more games? Oh joe.
Speaker 2: Now, eventually you know they're going to add a eight team to the playoffs too them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh, they're coming. You know what that does?
Speaker 2: What money? Oh joe, that's the only way. What else can you sell? You're not adding you're not adding another There's not another team, So you're not gonna get that six seven billion dollars to split up between the owners.
Speaker 3: Right. Uh So the only way these streaming.
Speaker 2: Services Netflix, Amazon, they'll pay, but you gotta give them something to pay for.
Speaker 3: The game was on Amazon. The first game was on Paramount Plus, the streaming platform. They got Bootkoop money and they're in a lot of homes one hundred and eighty countries. Netflix, Amazon, give them something. What would y'all be willing to play for a pay playoff game? One hundred bill? What if we give you two? Would you give us one seventy five for two? But you just got a twenty five. Give you something, Yeah, give you something, O Joe, Yes, sir. And that's and so I don't have a problem.
Speaker 2: I want I want the league to make as much money as you they possibly can. I want the players to make as much money as they possibly can. But you have to understand by adding this, give the players, give more players an opportunity. Yeah, it's so, I promise. I promise you owners, y'all ain't gonna go grow if you add three if you add three to five more players to the active roster, you're not gonna go I promise they.
Speaker 3: They listen, they're not gonna go broke.
Speaker 1: But you have to understand owners, at the end of the day, they don't want to pay that much money. I don't want to keep they want to keep making money, but they don't want players keep taking pieces of the pot, right that they don't want they want to add the games.
Speaker 3: Well that's what that's when it locked, y'all lst s out in twenty eleven. Yoh, yeah, the powers upside down.
Speaker 2: The players got fifty two percent and the owners got forty eight percent. Yeah, so they changed the door, locked y'all out. I remember that, and guess what not a plies flip. But basically, yeah, they get like TV, but they still get to sell local television, local radio, local sponsorship.
Speaker 3: Y'all. See y'all see all those sponsorship up in the stadium.
Speaker 1: Hey speaking, he speaking of speaking of sponsorship. How much you think of a cost to have my name instead of it be paid course stadium? What if I wanted the Bengal stated beat Chad Johnson stadium?
Speaker 3: How you do it for a minimum of ten years? Okay? But how much would that be? Probably fifty to one hundred million? Oh hell? Can you imagine that, your man? If I had the.
Speaker 1: Money of just the liquid or the assets to have the naming rights to the Bengal Stadium, that would be that would be dope.
Speaker 2: I don't want that. If I got that kind of money, I know, people say nothing like. I was reading this thing the other day and the guy said, if you got twenty five million, you got f you money. Right, I won't go to hell money, y'all, I would have be able to tell somebody to go to hate.
Speaker 3: I want to you don't go to hate right right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I think you need like a hundred meal to be able to do that. You could be comfortable. Comfortable. I want to be comfortable sitting on the honey.
Speaker 3: I like it. I like it. That's what I'm gonna retire, Ash Jordan.
Speaker 2: It's been fun, but you out, you out, uh, y'all will keep running it.
Speaker 3: Y'all.
Speaker 2: You can be in charge. You could be a charm. You can be in charge. Ad And you got that. I didn't tell you all about that big farm? Ash, mom have got Wow? Whoever she got a farm?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 1: What so she gonna get the mini cows and stuff?
Speaker 3: Oh? The farm, it's a ranch.
Speaker 2: She sold, she sold it, she sold one got a little smaller one said it was you know she got They got working hands and everything.
Speaker 3: Who ask got that money? Boy? Ash?
Speaker 1: No, okay, I got that.
Speaker 3: I got that.
Speaker 2: You want to do because you work hard. I give a credit that she does work hard. That's what the Ash is. Very money motivated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, there we go. She's very motivated. And I like that.
Speaker 2: Oh your check this out and let Falcons and five defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake. After disappointing season on the side of the ball, the team announced today Lake had been with the Falcons for just a single season, coming over from the Rams with first year Atlanta coach Roheem Morris. Lake was an assistant coach assistant head coach with the Rams in twenty twenty three. Previously, he was head coach at the University of Washington. Atlanta finished with an eight to nine record, missed the playoffs after starting sixty three, its best start since twenty sixteen team Super Bowl season. After Week eighteen overtime lost to the Characters on Sunday, Morris was visibly upset with how the team's defense performed.
Speaker 3: It allowed forty four points.
Speaker 2: Marris said he was really shocked that the defense didn't come out to play. Over the course of the season, the Falcons to live the highest quarterback completion percentage in NFL at seventy percent and the second most touchdown passes with thirty four. Atlanta finished second to last in the NFL with sacks thirty one, the back pressures at twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a problem right there. You just said it.
Speaker 1: You finished second to last quarterback pressures and in sacks, and then you expect Jesse base Ad Terrell, Justin Simmons and then not sure was on the other side of a day Terrell, But you're expecting the couple of people all damn day, all damn day.
Speaker 3: Long quarterbacks completed the passes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, and it's it's surprising that the coach will get fired with some of the names that they just said that they have on that defense, it's it's surprising. But that starts also up front. Yeah, that's starting with who front four, who's putting the pressure Grady Jared, Matthew judaon.
Speaker 2: I like Grady Jared solid Matthew Judn season that each I guess he expected to have, right, But you're gonna have to You're gonna have to go out and be a major player the free agent market.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna have to go, Hey, what do you play? Trey Henderson is gonna probably be available. Yeah, you go.
Speaker 2: And you know in priget, Oh, you gotta over spend. You gotta over spend in fridges. That's just that's just the rule of thumb.
Speaker 1: Every time, every time, and in most and most of the times, most of the time, some of the players you're gonna have to oversee it for you get your money's worth up, yes, compla of the players you get your money's.
Speaker 2: Worth because look a lot of times that guy has already established in the community.
Speaker 3: He has a foundation. Uh sometimes not all.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they have wife, they have kids that's already enrolled in school, so they've already and and uh entrenched themselves in the community. Now you want him to pull that up, pull that fabric up and leave.
Speaker 3: Well, what's the worth?
Speaker 2: So you're gonna have to cost you because you got to talk about Hey, you know, we gotta moves like damn baby, we just you.
Speaker 3: Know, but I talked to talk to the wife.
Speaker 1: Yes, but listen, that's that that's that's a scary thing about being a coach, not only being a coach, but being a married coach. Of that, being a player, being a married player at that especially, See, if you're not not one of the ones, if you're not one of the ones at any moment, at any time, if a season done doesn't go right, it doesn't go the way it should go, and you get fired.
Speaker 3: Now you gotta go home and you gotta explain to your wife.
Speaker 1: You know, baby, right now, I might have worked, I might have worked, and we might have to uprooot everything. Move. Kids gotta find another school, You have to find another job. Unless you're a stay at home mom, you know everything. You gotta start over. You gotta start all over. That has to be tiresome. Yeah, coaching is like the military.
Speaker 3: Ojoe. You already know you're gonna move right, and you're gonna move a lot.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be in Germany, You're gonna be in Guam, You're gonna be in Japan.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be in all over the place.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be in California, You're gonna be in Florida, gonna be in Georgia, Texas, You're gonna be all You understand that.
Speaker 3: Also, if you're Pentecostal minister, you're gonna move right.
Speaker 2: If you're coach, you're going to move. And I don't get damn how great you are. Coach Belchick. Coach Belichick started out, Look at he was. He was in the Giants, he's with the with the Patronts that he went to the jet and now he's the Patriot now here the North Carolina. You're gonna have to move. Yeah, you're gonna have to move. Even most of the coaches. Andy Reid, and he was in San Francisco, then he went to Green Bay. Did he with the Philly in Kansas City?
Speaker 3: You're what you do.
Speaker 1: You got to really have a passion for coaching and love what you do.
Speaker 3: To be able to do that, you gotta find a partner.
Speaker 2: Ye're also okay with that and understanding long hours. So don't go, don't go start dating the coach that I ain't. No, huh yeah. It's just like, look if you married quarterback, the really good ones, Yeah, they devoted to that thing. They spend so much time with that clicker, and so that's what you you know, you you, Matt, he's married to the game. You married to him, married to the game, right, and you understand that. But uh yeah, the factcause I'm not surprised. Hey, mister Black, you should have just went ahead and gave up though two first rounds and got Lamar.
Speaker 3: Got Lamar, you wouldn't have had no problem.
Speaker 2: Lamar twenty eight Hell yeah, Michael Penney Jr. Is twenty four four years younger Lamar have been in the league down this seven eight years.
Speaker 3: Can you just imagine just the thought just took him with from Baltimore chat.
Speaker 1: Look at this chat, like close your ass real quick and just imagine Lamar Jackson wearing that eight in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: And that city be upside down, man upside down, Oh well,