Speaker 1: In this episode of the Command Center Podcast, tell me something good about this game. I know, tough game, but there's some good stuff to take from it. And what did we learn? Lots of things to take away from that, And our pop culture expert tells us was Taylor Swift in the Popcorn Machine. Welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Santanamos, Fred Smoot. What's up? Man? Already?
Speaker 2: Cook ain't that good? Cook is not for those.
Speaker 1: Just for some context, just for some context. While we're getting ready for the show, Tannis said that Cook is better than Raheem Moster right this second, and so obviously Fred does not agree with that. I'm inclined not to agree with that as well, because it's right this second. One game.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Cook set out the whole entire training camp and this got to the Jets two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: So yes, of course Moisture is better than him. But it is what it is. We got, we got this to talk about.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, but that's a good point, though.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't get the day you knock on my door.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't charge you with that at the end of the day, right now Moist is better than that at numbers today. No, I'm talking about over career.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously a career, had a better career. He's a better back. Knock it out Cook is a better bat. Not today in two thousand. He oh shoot old shoot, he'll shoot you shoot.
Speaker 1: All right. So we're also kind of stalling here because we don't really want to talk about this Bills game. Okay, nothing to really talk about, Okay, so let's talk about this all right. Let's a lot of negative things come out of this game, a lot of things that the fans are upset about, and let's talk about some positive things you can take out from this game. Let's start on the defensive side of the ball, because I felt like on the whole there were more more positive defensive things. And Fred you said something and Tanny you said something which I thought was really insightful. The secondary actually played pretty damn good.
Speaker 2: Pretty good.
Speaker 4: They were sticky in coverage, Stephan Diggs mostly got his yards. Some broken plays, Uh, we didn't let the tight ends get out. I was worried about the knocks and the tight ends really getting off because they it kind of been out of achilles heels when the defense.
Speaker 2: They took care of that. They Seemi took care of the run. And I thought the DB's tackled a lot better.
Speaker 1: Than dude you mentioned, you mentioned Kendall tackle is in his bag right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they had a great game.
Speaker 3: I think if you look at the score, you look at it and say say different, But you got to think about it.
Speaker 2: Fourth quarters went out of points.
Speaker 3: It was going into the fourth quarter, and and the Bills was they was in the lead the entire game and it was six it was only sixteen zup.
Speaker 2: And most of that stuff was just because the offense.
Speaker 3: Couldn't spark, you know't couldn't couldn't get a play in the game.
Speaker 2: That was just gonna, you know, get those guys a break. They just said one play. All now, I need one play. So I think our defense did a great job.
Speaker 3: And it just shows you that how much when it comes to a team football team, you need all different faces. All three phases had to play a key role. You know, offensively has to score. You have to do something more because you can't leave a defense on the field as good as our defense is. And we know we can sit here and talk about them not you know, getting any sacks and all that stuff. But if you go out there and get a score, that ignites your defense to come out there and be that much bat Yeah.
Speaker 1: Take some pressure off too. But the other thing I want to say is a lot of people were talking about, you know, not getting pressure, and I really think that, you know, obviously it's a big deal. Defensive line didn't create a tounch ton of pressure. They didn't blitz a ton smooth. I know that's something that.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm really salty about.
Speaker 1: But my question to you is, like, does it actually matter. They only gave up sixteen points to one of the best offenses in football through four quarters, after four turnovers. Yeah, So, like I look at that, I say, that seems to be in line with what Jack wants. You play like a soft, more conservative coverage structure. You mixing some man some match looks, and you just make them kind of go the length of the field, have a penalty, getting a third long situation, punt, field goal, whatever it is. And I feel like, even though we didn't get a ton of pressure, like you look at those numbers that they are abysmal, but in terms of overall defensive production, it's there and so like, that's that's something I kind of like, I just wanted to run by you guys.
Speaker 4: In terms of philosophy, I feel like the philosophy is dear, but I think sometimes you gotta ben philosophy win a team binge you to they win.
Speaker 1: But saying is they did they bend you? Like, did they did they bend the defense?
Speaker 4: Let's sorry I felt like this with this defense, with this front, with these defensive becks, I don't want them to be the reason we win games. I want them to be dictating. I want them to dictate.
Speaker 1: The defensive backs. You're saying, the defensive line.
Speaker 4: Defensive period, and the whole defense. I want you to be the reason we win games.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to come back to this. I'm going to come back to this man, sixteen points after three or four turnovers, going to the fourth quarter, like it's it's hard to say that it wasn't effective, because I think it was effective.
Speaker 2: Effective, and then but one aggressive effective.
Speaker 1: It wasn't aggressive. But I'm saying, like you come from a this is something I always have to negotiate when I'm evaluating offenses. Is I come from a very specific offensive tree, right, very specific rule is very specific perspective, and I cannot evaluate all offenses through that perspective. And I can't evaluate all defenses through you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Because because you love it, you brought into it, it works. And so like when I see this, I'm like, you know, objectively, it worked, you know, And I think to Tanni's point, the thing that didn't work was that the offense didn't support them in the offense put them in a lot of bad spots. Case think about it, they get that fourth this is this this one really just chops me up. It's the fourth down. They stop them on fourth down balls at midfield. The very next play is a fubble. Yeah, very next play is a fubble. And and you you've been a part of this. I've been on sidelines where this has happened. It just takes the air out of the whole team. And so as much as you want them to go down and make a stop there, emotionally it doesn't feel like it's the right thing, does it.
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, you right about this? And see there were people don't understand about football. It's so many emotional ups and downs, especially on defense where if your offense ain't supporting you, not like here we go with this game.
Speaker 2: That's a thing like here go, let's go win this thing.
Speaker 3: And you know what's so crazy about all this be talking about because we could sit here, if you just listening to us right now, you would think, like, man, offensive, they didn't do anything, But they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're something going.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about that in a second, like it's like it is crazy, yeah, but yeah, I just wanted to kind of touch based on that real quick. And then also like then they get the ball back and the next play after that is the interception. For in terms of defense, I think I feel pretty good about what that group did. The DVS. I thought did a great job. A couple of a couple of misses here and there, Yeah, right, which happened, Which happens, team get paid. Jamon had a nice physical football games, miss two tackles, but other than that, I thought you see him continue to progress.
Speaker 3: He noticed that when Jami playing good, no one's nobody say anything playing good bad.
Speaker 1: Cody Marden, I feel like he's playing better. Yeah, I think he can still continue to Yeah, Like it's kind of like what what Jamon was doing last year. And I think this defense is hard for linebackers. It must be because the guys come in, it's taking them away out again. And so what I see is I see him identifying stuff better. I think I see him being more aggressive, but it's still like a beat late.
Speaker 2: And I think he's playing though, because you see you see him showing up.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's much better than Week one and week two. Like it's just it's not to the standard I think we all were hoping for him. But I think it's it's improving each week. And I think that's a good sign because my week four, Week five, you're gonna have a ball player, gonna have two dudes in there that are doing a good job. And I think that's you know, a good game was big Ridge. Big Ridge had a good game and that is exciting for me going into Philly because they're gonna run the heck out of the football. So we'll talk about that on the previous show. But okay, let's talk about the offense. And Tanna already alluded to this a little bit in terms of things that saying things that are positive, and I will say Tanna like they had they had three drives that were very good, then they didn't move about three drives with red zone turnovers. Yeah, and so in terms of moving the ball play efficiency, I think there's a lot there to be excited about it.
Speaker 2: My question will be.
Speaker 3: The time we got in the red zone, got on the goal line, where you take the points or you just try to punch it in for it.
Speaker 4: I'm not mad about that fourth down, Like I felt like, if you're gonna take down the Super Bowl contending, this is how you do it. I'm fine with it. That three wouldn't have helped you. Three would have just been three.
Speaker 2: Till you run that play though, where you run the ball. You know what, we don't know the player don't work work.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I just feel like most teams set up for that because they already knew that.
Speaker 2: Okay when you look at our offense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like if I had to be a guy people watching what we watched all week, we know that maybe they can get a run in here, you know what I mean? Because in the passing game, it has to be clear for him to really get and.
Speaker 4: Was calling it with the with the premise of if nothing is there, how you took it and you run it for two or three years at the first and I feel like he could have instead of like just you know, putting the ball up there.
Speaker 1: That was tough because kind of be rob misses, not not missus, but he's in a one on one with the defensive end, gets a little bit of pressure.
Speaker 3: Not a great look at it, kind of went down. He had he had I'm not sure what you call that block off when I hid in GM when of my best tackles, but he was. He was crashing down that guy and it seemed like it was just too much in the inside. Like all those on the run you're saying that.
Speaker 1: The goal line run, I think is really interesting because it's like they're in twelve personnel. So there's two tight ends on the field, there's two receivers and one running back, and the Bills matched essentially what would be goal line, right, So they've got an extra defensive lineman in there, and so they have a true nose and they have a linebacker stacked. And so one of the run stunts you see all the time in goal line situations, odd yes, is the is the Nozle pinch week in this case and the my the linebacker run right through the a gap because you're trying to stop lead and so basically in that formation, they're in a position where they can run lead, but it doesn't look like lead, which I kind of like. But like Bates is going to be the lead guy, but because he's coming from the wing, it's hard for him to get over there and make that block. So and again then the inn the front side double team because the noses pinching gets picked and you can't get to the backside backer. So it was it was tough. And again, like I'm not saying that I would have done something different there, and I actually don't. The more I watched the play the role pass the second one, the play action pass, the more I kind of like it because they ran the tight end on a cross and a stop and then back to the back to the back line. It was kind of a nice little design, but the timing just takes a lot of time. It takes a lot of time, So I think, like, yes, I don't disagree with it, and it's easy to second guess the call, but those are calls that they've repped in the week of practice that they probably really felt good about, and you know, maybe they didn't get the exact response, or maybe Buffalo did something different, you know, Like I'm telling like and I'm at the high school, right, and there our plays where I'm like, this is gonna work one hundred percent, and it does and it doesn't. Like what the hell? Man, Like, why I study this? I watched it. I know they're blitzes and then somebody say they get the Yeah, they get paid to right.
Speaker 2: I can'tnot wait to watch you against my man. I'm excited, son, we will pick your office. I'm gonna be dancing on the side.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see you. But that's gonna be so funny, bro, because it's that it's at your son's school. Oh yeah, that'll be. That'll be other day when this game I wear.
Speaker 2: My shirt the offense of coordinator state.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be like, why is why is the talking so much smacking that guy in.
Speaker 2: The stands, I mean saying I'm gonna come to the game, right.
Speaker 1: All right? So I think you know obviously that that's a positive element of the offense, right, And I think for the next section, in terms of what did we learn, we can talk a little about the pressure of the offense. Gave up. So what did we learn from this? For Sam? Hell? How can grow? And I think those are things that are tough to talk about, but I think they're important to talk about because if you get those things corrected, he's gonna be babies. So pamp dude, I knew that was gonna get in it.
Speaker 2: Because I've been saying it for weeks.
Speaker 1: And hold up one second. First off, everyone, I'm not being mean to Fred.
Speaker 2: Thank you for following me, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first of all, I be the one to tell y'all this dude here talk about baby so and baby salt in a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, you know.
Speaker 1: But so, like you were, you were talking like last week they were gonna win this game. Did you still think that Sam was going to struggle in this game?
Speaker 2: I didn't think he was struggle like he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that.
Speaker 2: Was anticipating this game.
Speaker 4: This is the somewhere I was like, you know, what, when is that game gonna happen where he gets brought down the earth?
Speaker 1: And it was it was coming.
Speaker 4: He got welcome to the NFL this game. He went into the building feeling good. He left out of the billing wondering and my starting quarterback in this League, like we all have those moments. We had those moments when we meet our match and where one day where no matter what I do.
Speaker 2: And does it work.
Speaker 1: Did you have a game like that?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did, which against Carolina and I was in Minnesota time Steve Smith. Now, the first five games I played against Steve Smith, nobody even heard his name.
Speaker 2: Shut him down that game. No matter what I know, I played off, I played zone, he would be he would beat me in zone. And it wasn't even man was crazy about that game.
Speaker 3: Now that he brings it up, Steve Smith mentioned that he was going to do something to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they both you.
Speaker 3: Know, the pre game there, he spoke before the game about what he gonna do to Fred. You know, I'm like, Oh, that's gonna be one of them games. You know, a guy who knows Fred. And yeah, I'm sitting there like, well I wanted and we had a game. So I'm like, what happened with the Steve Smith and Fred? And when I saw the highlights, I'm like, damn.
Speaker 4: You know what I can tell people about dB It ain't nothing worse than running looking back because everything happened in the slow motion, the.
Speaker 2: Ball coming you look and he just dance. Listen, it's the Lord.
Speaker 1: What what did he do? That was?
Speaker 4: So it was nothing that he did. Couldn't get right like you, like you had that game and then the players that I'm winning, they ain't looking.
Speaker 3: His way, like I'm winning these route and it ain't looking his way, but I'm a step behind right there.
Speaker 2: They got it. So it just wasn't the days where good ain't good enough.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, it's hard for me to imagine you having a game like this because I came in. When I came in, you know, I was a rookie and you were like God, But did you have a game like this where you were like.
Speaker 3: Well, there's games as a receiver where you just don't catch you're dropping.
Speaker 1: Do you ever feel like the DBS just gotcha?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest with you. I swear on everything I love.
Speaker 1: I never.
Speaker 3: Was in a game where I felt that that I just can't beat this guy. I was in games plenty of time where I felt like the hands I got.
Speaker 2: Hands and what's going on?
Speaker 3: And no, I've been in game where I told the coach, hey, don't throw me, no damn ball.
Speaker 4: I'm that dude, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not one of those guys that gonna sit here and be like egoing to coach.
Speaker 2: I'm not feeling it. I can't catch.
Speaker 3: So I've been in those games, and those games always bring you down. I'm talking about from every level though, Like I tell folks all the time. High school, I've been in the game where the game before State, I dropped a ball. It hit me on this arm. I couldn't see the ball.
Speaker 2: I rent the ball down located it couldn't locate it.
Speaker 1: It hit this arm.
Speaker 2: It ruined my whole game. That was the game before State.
Speaker 3: So I went from every game before that probably I had two touchdowns in one hundred yards, and that game before State I dropped that ball. I went home, went to the last out that night, court balls all night in the dark. So every level I've been on, I've had a game or two that woke me up or told me this is either you or you're gonna do something about it. Got it got into college Florida State, first player of the game, I bumped the whole entire team ball.
Speaker 2: I dropped it, but it really scraped my face.
Speaker 3: Man, if people don't give me the credit for that, that game made me. It made me who the guy would end up being, because I had to go home and say I feel I feel like But it.
Speaker 4: Was always an US thing. It wasn't the other player. You think, what are you gonna feel like that day? So I look at Sam.
Speaker 2: It was him. It was him.
Speaker 1: It was him.
Speaker 3: You can't blame nothing else and nobody their situations in the game. When you watch and you say, okay, Sam, this is what they're gonna do to you for now on. They're gonna brain for they're gonna drop the rest. They're gonna say, you beat us. So in that situation, if I don't have anybody and I'm not confident about that throat or that lane, I.
Speaker 2: Gotta dump it down.
Speaker 3: I have to make these decisions quick, or if I can't dump it down, get three or four yards, get it right now. So Grig William would have told with this young quarterback, he got the um talent. So we're gonna take his arm away and we're gonna force him to.
Speaker 2: Beat us with his mind. And that's what Buffalo did.
Speaker 1: They did.
Speaker 2: His mind ain't caught up to his.
Speaker 3: Arm, and that him their head coach is one of the best when it comes to you know what I mean, he forced him to beat me with this. Yeah, that's what I saw, And I'm like, you know what I'm I was during the time of the game. I wasn't happy with what I was saying because I'm like, man, I want to win this game.
Speaker 2: But you watched it again. But I watched it again.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you know what, I'm happy that this is gonna tape just now, like you can see it. Like I'm pretty sure when they're watching it, the coach is telling him this, like, look, it's nothing there, what are you doing it away? So these are one of those games where you're going to see this week, what did he learn?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: What did you take from last week and say you can't do this week? And that's I can't wait to watch this game coming up because it has to be improvement for him to feel confident with him going forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. I think that's something that definitely he can learn on it. And also I think there's something that the offense can learn because I felt like there was times where I was watching where like the splits wort one hundred percent right, like the depth of the route was a little bit of and again an inch. Yeah, when you play good football teams, you have to be hyper detailed, you know what I'm saying. When you're playing against the playoffs Colt right, and I think there was a little bit of that. Like it just shows you again, like when you're playing Denver right, everything looks great, man all you can't even tell. But when that coverage is that much tighter, the rush is that much better, those details matter. So I think it'll it'll help them.
Speaker 3: Wondering because when I'm watching them right now and seeing some of the split, seeing some of the formations in some of these routes, it's almost remind It reminds me of twenty ten when Shanahan first got here and we wasn't we knew it, but we didn't know. I was just about to say that, and I'm like, damn, this reminds me of me and Enjoy Galloway out there talking before we got to the line of trying to figure out who well, but it's not even it's.
Speaker 1: Something you don't know the route.
Speaker 3: You know it, but it's just like it's not it's head to the point.
Speaker 1: Where you got it. Like it's like I got an example for you. So like, for example, we used to run this play called dagger right, and we'd run it out of like multiple.
Speaker 2: Formations, so like anybody can get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, usually would Usually you'd run to the side, like if I'm the same if it's three by one, I'm the tight end. I would run a five yard sit right to pull that coverage down and open up the window. But it was a formation hotel. Every third down we were in three by one. So Kyle's like, we need to run this out of two by two and the title needs to get across right. But because it's a dagger right and it's a fifteen yard incut, I don't sit in the same spot that I went on like a shallow cross. I need a ship like two yards wider. So that was something that like again like a detail that we didn't know the first time we did it, but as you ran.
Speaker 2: It, like let me let me get outside.
Speaker 1: I need to be wider, right. And so when I look at some of these again, some of the little details in terms of spacing and positioning, they know, they know the routes, everyone knows what they're doing. It's just about bringing the offense to life. And Kyle I said this before, but Kyle was always big guy. Takes three years to learn an offense, and it's not three years to learn what's on the paper.
Speaker 2: No, it's three years to be comfortable with how it needs to be done.
Speaker 4: So we like jumping the gun because he's only been his six month.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I love what I'm seeing, but I just feel like they got it, got it, yeah, because they need they need to do it.
Speaker 3: I've seen that times when you got players in the same same area, like, ah, somebody route that he thought he was running with.
Speaker 1: The spacing and even the spacing man like just understanding. Like on that curl where we're Sam throws the picture in a four by one, Right, can that special route? Can that crossing route get a little wider? Pull that safety more? Right? Can the rail get a little bit wider? Open the window, carry the flat player? Like those are the things that make routes come to life on paper, right.
Speaker 2: And we take them dangerous to us.
Speaker 1: And we've talked a lot about how they've done a good job of like, oh, hey, this is his own concept, but you can run versus man. But there's even more layers to that. And so I think This is a This is a good opportunity for everybody to learn that Sam to get better at this, detailing up the offense in general, even protections. Man, there's details there to what.
Speaker 3: I love the most about what I've seen because you look at what we had the first two weeks we had success, was able to overcome a lot of stuff, you know, not playing versus that time, and then you overcame it this game. We couldn't get out of a rut, you know, I mean, we just couldn't get right everything that can happen bad having bad. And so now you say yourself, who are we put three games together already as a core, as a team, as a unit. No, are we the guys who were in game two, I mean the game one and game two? Or are we that team in game three? Clearly didn't eyre not the team in game three. So now you get to the drawing board and you say, okay, we have to be so much better with everything we do.
Speaker 2: You know, I tell my room for era.
Speaker 3: Look, first thing I always harp on, and I'll probably do this as a coach. As an individual course, I would say alignment and assignment. If you get those two down, the rest is is you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean effort, I mean not even effort.
Speaker 3: It should be gravy to you because if I get to where I gotta go at and then I know what I gotta do, then I gotta go out there and produce.
Speaker 2: I gotta go out there and make something happen.
Speaker 3: So when I watched the team, I just want to make sure that and I'm pretty sure that they're telling these guys in the meetings that look, we know we got to do so now it's about making a play.
Speaker 2: You know, quarterback OFFICI, line receivers, running backs.
Speaker 3: It's times saying we can't blame this all on Sam either, because you got to look at it. It's times when guys come in that backfield, I need I need his protection better. I need the running backs to step up in there and guess what, you gotta hit a guy in the face. Hit him in the face, because that's what that's what you're paid to do, besides running the football. So whid receivers get open, even if that dropping back and they got seven seven in coverage, final lane.
Speaker 2: It's a south get open.
Speaker 3: So they have to just see things a little clear, knowing what's gonna be you know, brought to them weekend and week out.
Speaker 2: Unless you and man just know it's his zone somewhere.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, you gonna know as a receiver when you and man, we should always beat our man. I always tell God, you should always beat your man. But I love the fact that this stuff is happening now because you get a chance to grow, You get a chance to.
Speaker 2: Say, it's only week three. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's classic overreaction time, and that's what people doing.
Speaker 2: But that's what they want old God analysis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you got you got burned on your pregame show or the postgame show, right, I won't say you're a company man, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, most they said I was a coming because I wasn't. I wasn't like blown away. I was like, guess what it wasn't this game was coming.
Speaker 3: They didn't get dominated either. I don't feel like we sat there in later egg.
Speaker 4: Everything that happened, we had control over him, Like it's easily we got blue out.
Speaker 2: We could have blew them out there.
Speaker 3: I felt it, and everybody like, why are you just overacting? Because No, I got a quarterback this literally three days old. I got a coordinator.
Speaker 4: They've been here for six months. I know they gonna go through a metro racing period where they.
Speaker 2: Got to learn.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, So that's what we learned from the offense. I think that's all very productive. Is there anything on the defensive side of the ball that you're like, Man, they learn this because I think, like we said, they played pretty solid. I mean, is it. The thing that sticks out to me is as a rusher maybe not respecting Josh Allen so much. I felt like there were times where they were a little bit you know, not I don't say nervous is the wrong word, but just conscientious of him as a rusher.
Speaker 2: Him and I'm here.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that the d line hurt all week because we get tired of this. We running quarterbacks. We can't play two man. It just shurts that we can't turn back to him. And all they heard last week was rush up the field and stop because he's a runner, so don't rush.
Speaker 2: They they usually rush the loop.
Speaker 4: Guys rush, stop and revert and go back and get him. They hurt that all week, and Josh Allen is used to that. He seeing that they weren't coming all the way around He's like, I ain't gonna run. I'm just gonna sit in his body and I'm gonna throw the ball. So that's the only thing I can say is sometime we handicap ourself by who were playing. Instead of I would have just let the dogs loose, I've been like, just go get him and if he gets some run yards, okay when the.
Speaker 1: Playbreak, because you'd rather I guess you'd rather him be running the ball.
Speaker 4: I rather him run the ball because usually when he runs the ball, a lot bad things happen.
Speaker 1: That's a great point, man. Maybe it's just like, hey, like we as a defensive line can stay aggressive and you know, I don't know, I don't know what that conversation looks like in that meeting, but that's something that when you.
Speaker 4: Play a running quarterback, we are all the hands always told rush three years up the field, stop it, revert back.
Speaker 3: It's almost them. If you don't, damn if you do them. If you do them, if you don't. But I just feel like, at the end of the day, you gotta play football. Yeah, I mean you can't let you can't let all that stuff kind of, you know, make you overthinking and feel like you got to do something other than what you're known to you know to be or do. So this week he's gonna get the same situation, maybe worse because now they haven't.
Speaker 2: Run run a quarterback.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure that we're gonna be like, man, forget it, go giddy like whatever happens happened.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that in the preview pod on Friday. Right, Is that right? Yeah? Yeah, that is all right. So let's talk about our Command Center pod. Fantasy League. Whatever we got here.
Speaker 2: I am getting bambooze and swimdle.
Speaker 1: You drafted your team?
Speaker 3: No, No, Jason's the GM right, Ruin, I'm trying to building fantasies.
Speaker 1: Get out of here.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, hold on, hi, Jason ruining.
Speaker 3: You ain't want to be a part of it. That's why you ass getting bad movies because you want to. Should have got a hand Tour and he put up one hundred and seventy points this week.
Speaker 1: That is that is wild?
Speaker 2: Did I lose with Tour? Let's just telling you who?
Speaker 1: But who found too for you? Jason went and got him.
Speaker 4: No, because I told Jason last week, if Justin Fields is my quarterback, I am through.
Speaker 2: I am through with the league.
Speaker 1: Said, if you fire Jason, unless you make a movie.
Speaker 4: Unless Justin Fields, I have never seen a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Who else is on my yes okay, Stephan Diggs, I'm and Ross Saint Brown. You're not getting a lot of production and giems right now, and Waller's having a tough time.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I'm twoing one right now.
Speaker 1: Oh you did this Jason talking to like when we're doing.
Speaker 4: This, Yeah, yea, I'm gonna say, show up so injuries in his fan That's why I love it, Kyle fantasy because it's all the joke.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you just drafted poorly. Yeah I did so, Okay, Yeah, you obviously are having a rough a rough fantasy. I am to this.
Speaker 2: He deserves what he get.
Speaker 1: Yeah so, but London beat you, and I'm sure London places takes us pretty seriously. He has Travis Kelcey on his team. Obviously, he looks like.
Speaker 2: He allows to a brother coach.
Speaker 3: I'm like, very solid and me, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, fans, this.
Speaker 1: Is what I'm talking about. After flashed right now like brutal, but just catching straight.
Speaker 2: I lost. I'm glad he's showing his true color.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, and Tanny, you beat me, and I thought I was gonna win for sure because you had Pat Mahomes again, he had a pretty good game, and I had Hackinson, but I also had Lamar Jackson, and I thought Lamar Jackson balled one hundred yards. Yeah, whatever, And then I was like, how did you? And then we get into the scientistics Tyreek Hill and that Miami offense big seventy.
Speaker 4: Listen, I ain't play football in the decade, and I have nightmares about checking Tyreek.
Speaker 2: He is so scary.
Speaker 4: About fast in the ability to stop that with Tanner had Cheetah has fast, ability to stop and he has a ballance.
Speaker 2: But he's not fast. He's not fast.
Speaker 1: He's elite. He has blazing heard someone make this top through and it's he's Randy Moss.
Speaker 3: Like he's Randy Moss, He's he can't he can do whatever you want to do.
Speaker 2: He's a sports car all right, running round truck. I was trying to find them.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to find a proper analogy for this guy when it comes to just what he does. But you know, folks, some one brought his birth name of like a couple of years ago when he was in Kansas City, Like, yeah, man, you know Tyrek and you know he could fit in that pool with you and Steve Smith.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, Tyreek run circles with Smith.
Speaker 3: He might not could just be on the outside all the time, but he can just plea everywhere. Like he's the guy you're gonna have in the backfield. Put him on part return, put them on kick return. He's gonna make a plate, you know what I mean. He's just one of those guys that.
Speaker 4: I thought when I watched Antonio Brown in the midst of his glory years.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn he.
Speaker 4: Somebody just don't got And then I saw Tyree he and I was like, no, he is a step better.
Speaker 2: He's a step faster, quicker, and he just never.
Speaker 4: Seeing him lose balance. Have you ever seen them trip? Yeah, he sold the ballots.
Speaker 2: Everything's scary.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. So real quick question before we bring in our special guests for the day. Oh yeah, yeah, the analysts. Analysts. But my question is do you think they can put keep sustaining this offensive production Miami?
Speaker 3: Like that's my thought, no question, no question, no question. I think you know why because we've we played in that offense. Before we didn't have the firepower. We had some guys that can go out and play football, but they got they got weapons. They got by one weapons of mass destruction.
Speaker 2: Every guy and then wattles hurt. Yeah, just think without waters out there on the field.
Speaker 4: Got problems with the number one, your number two corners got problems with their number two.
Speaker 2: Your line back looks got problems.
Speaker 3: One thing that Calsh in the hands said to me and I and I say, you're absolutely right. I'm mad that I just got to you with this office. He got to me in year ten. Yeah, if I had that in the middle of my career where I was on one, Yeah, bro, and you remember what.
Speaker 2: I was doing. I was running slots. I was lining up at tight end.
Speaker 3: Like when I got to that, to the chance to get inside again, I'm like, man, I've been playing for ten years and these guys just put me in the slot inside. So just know what they can do with all those guys, all those guys, and all those guys so much space able to create. You got Mike McDaniel's as the Some.
Speaker 1: Of those runs, those toss cracks they cultivated were unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, crazy, it's gonna be It's gonna be something done in mind.
Speaker 1: All right. So now for our special guest, a piano and how you doing great?
Speaker 2: How are you talking to the microphone?
Speaker 1: Okay, so Anna is here because she has especial insight on Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 5: But before I am the resident pop.
Speaker 1: Culture Actually that's right, but before we get to that, you had a funny story happening this weekend. I heard you got you locked yourself out of the car at the stadium after the game. So what happened?
Speaker 5: Basically, my car is not fancy.
Speaker 1: What kind of cardio?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't want to give away too much.
Speaker 2: Let me just leave it at this. Do you use a key? Yes, okay, it's.
Speaker 5: A ten can that locks, and it takes me to and from work. Does the trick you need?
Speaker 1: Okay? So it happened. It's a new car.
Speaker 5: I don't know how that.
Speaker 1: What happened.
Speaker 5: I was hot and I took my jacket off, and I was being dramatic and I slammed my trunk shut. Jason was there.
Speaker 2: He saw me.
Speaker 1: I was dead for the day. You were there, Jason.
Speaker 5: I threw my jacket in my trunk. I slammed the door shut and then I immediately turned around and I.
Speaker 1: Was like so bad.
Speaker 5: I was gonna go to the police. And then I didn't realize, well, I didn't know the police were an option, so I whatever, I didn't go to the police. I made Maddie, our producer, driving me home, and I had a spare Is.
Speaker 1: Your car still there? Now?
Speaker 5: Somehow I made it here, so no, I drove back.
Speaker 2: It was a long day.
Speaker 4: I also want to know what's in take about Taylor case.
Speaker 2: Will I will say.
Speaker 5: I'm waiting on the Karma reprise instead of Karma is my boyfriend? Kelsey is my boyfriend?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: I'm ready for it.
Speaker 1: But is that a song? Is that a song that she did? Okay has a ice?
Speaker 5: Spice is also on her other reprise. I'm just she's just gonna keep reprising it.
Speaker 4: So like me, you think this relationship is real because I think it's genuine because if you with Mama Kelsey, that's when I knew it was real.
Speaker 2: Like when you're chilling with my mama. This ain't for joke. We didn't give anybody who worth the big chill. My mama should have doing nothing. Man, she the she ward some bees man.
Speaker 1: You know what's it? Right here? By?
Speaker 2: Mama?
Speaker 1: You know? So? So what's your what's your take on it?
Speaker 5: I think it's real, but I don't think.
Speaker 2: It's end game.
Speaker 1: You don't think it's end game? What do you mean by that?
Speaker 5: Like they're not gonna together?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: You don't think they're gonna get mad?
Speaker 1: Why not? Okay, that's what I want them to get.
Speaker 5: Want them to be married, Like I wish the best. I'm like, it would be a really good duo, but I don't know. They be so busy you never see each other.
Speaker 3: Y'all could sit here and praise Kelsey because of what he has a come. He's one of the best tight ends of all time. And he mama, chel Mama, Kelsey.
Speaker 6: Did go by, so y'all, Yeah, yeah, get the drop top with with Taylor Swift in the drop top beat out in this trunk.
Speaker 1: He's got so I would I met him down at Titan University. That man has some swag. Some swag?
Speaker 2: Are they not Americles the hottest couple right now?
Speaker 1: That's why that's Amanda. Are they the hottest couple? Ana? Yes? And are they really?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: They're the world? Come on, three hundred thousand followers. He gained four hundred up on his jerseys. Yeah, but that's because of her. When she throws her in this concert, it's gonna be number to see a red Kelsey jerseys out there.
Speaker 5: And I'm saying at the Chiefs game, everybody's gonna wear their Taylor Swift clothes.
Speaker 1: So the other thing I wanted to say, did you see that clip of the fans that thought she was being smuggled out of the oder suite.
Speaker 2: And popcorn machine box?
Speaker 1: Is that true you think of? Really?
Speaker 5: I didn't see anything.
Speaker 1: You're worth a billion dollars. You're gonna get stuffed in a metal box like that. You don't want to be seen.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's kind of my ejection. Come on, Mike sneak in his shoe box.
Speaker 3: Might used to be at the damn Disney World and a fat man suit all the time. Really, Yeah, they got video of Michael Jackson at Disney World sitting on the bench and the fat man suit.
Speaker 2: What video? I don't know who made that up, but no, go look it up.
Speaker 1: Tanna's our conspiracy. No, that's your your daddy, So real quick final thoughts on this relationship and anything we should be watching for in the next Chiefs game.
Speaker 5: With regards to them, Well, gosh, I don't know if I have any final thoughts.
Speaker 2: I just well, you did say you didn't think they were gonna make it.
Speaker 5: No, I think maybe they'll make it through the season. It'd be really fun if Dealer was there for if you know. Of course, I hope we go to the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: But look, but we can play the we can with her there.
Speaker 1: Jason, how pump would your wife be a moment for Jason's wife?
Speaker 3: What player on team could one up the Swift? Who could date someone?
Speaker 1: Nobody? I was just saying, let's let's like someone breaks up beyond.
Speaker 2: Jay z Co manual four day nice Spice.
Speaker 1: No, I don't even know who who's ice spice? You don't know who's on a Taylor Swift songh is she? But she's a she's on a Taylor Swift song. Taylor Swifts on on ice spice spice?
Speaker 2: Got a coffee drink? No dunkle donut? And I hate this time of year they trying to make everything pumpkin. I'm just a pumpkin.
Speaker 1: I think that's gonna do it for us Ana. Thank you so much. That was great. Insight. Thank you for sharing with your story, appreciate it. And then that does it for today. It makes sure you tune in and subscribe wherever you get this podcast, and make sure you tune in for Friday's preview show. Thank you guys so much for listening. But we got new and exclusive content for you all the time. We got Game Day Live and post a live at Philly Behind Enemy Lines, makes you check that out. We're gonna get you all the scoops there right. We got Commands in our flagship show that's command center centric news all the time. And then on Sundays we got The game Plan with Ron Rivera and me or talking football all the time, breaking down film its exclusive access. Make sure you check it out. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives