Speaker 1: The dog days of summer means this time for the boards of summer to kick in the gear and the best way to cash in on your baseball IQ is with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Never bet on baseball before. It's simple. Pick a guy to go yard, hammer some live odd mid game, or just ride with your squad and hope for the best. No spreadsheets, just vibes and dingers. Here's something special for first timers. New Draft King customers. Bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Download the Draft Kings sportsbook app. Use Cold Shannon. That's Cold Shannon for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings. The crown is yours and thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite on Shanna Shark, my partner in crime Down There Dancing Liberty City is on Madden Adjuster, Bengals, Ring of Fame, Monter Reed, the Pro Bowler, the All Pro o Cho, Senko Johnson.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you hit the like button and guys go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from. We'd like to thank each and every one of you personally for your support and your continued support. Because everything that you see in the background is because of you. Those plaques, those awards is because of you, your eyes, your ears, and your.
Speaker 2: Word of mouth.
Speaker 1: We cannot do it without you, so thank you again from the bottom of our hearts. My Cognac Laportier has had a new drop. This one is very personal to me. I've created a limited edition release to honor my brother's induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and as the first brothers in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It's just not a bottle. It's a tribute, a celebration of a legacy. And once they're gone, they are gone. So order them online and you will not be disappointed. Same great taste is just a commemorative bottle. The Hall of Fame edition of officially Live. Just ahead about over a Laportier dot Laportier Kangyak dot com to grab yours while you still can do not miss a chance to own this piece of history. Please go follow my media company page on all of his platforms. That's Shayshay Media and my clothing Company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out. We've also have that link pinned in the chat, So grab yours while supplies last, because once they're gone, they are gone. We have a very special guest joining us a little later in the show, drafted in the first round by the Baltimore ravens Now. He's a Pittsburgh Steeler, so he's had an opportunity to see both sides of the rivalry. Patrick Queen joins us a little later in the show, but first, the biggest rusers of the day, Oh Joe, The Browns have released their depth chart.
Speaker 2: Joe Flacco, I told you qub one, Kenny.
Speaker 1: Pickett two, Dylan Gabriel three, Shador Sanders five excuse me four. But they did bring in because two of the four quarterbacks are injured hamstring, Kenny Pickett and Dylan Gabriel. And a few hours ago this is what Adam Schefter tweeted. The Browns are signing Tyler Snoop Huntley, who spent part of the last season with Cleveland, with Kenny Pickett, Dylan, Dylan Gabriel, nursing hamstring injuries and Shador Sanders having her sore shoulder. The Browns need another arm enter Huntley.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, talk to me, Joe. I don't know what We don't know what they've done the last thirty.
Speaker 2: Five Do they know? Are we sure they know they've known what.
Speaker 3: They're doing since that franchise has been established. Have they figured it out yet? Because the last good quarterback, no disrespect to the quarterbacks that have played for the Cleveland brown the last one that has been of decency has been Bernie Colzarf. I'm not mistaken. Yeah, okay, where there you go?
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: That's disrespect to any of the quarterbacks that have played there. But it is what it is. We talk about consistency. Have we had one for a decade that we've been able to leave on and build around.
Speaker 1: No, you had a couple of years. You got a couple of years of Baker, but outside of that, No.
Speaker 3: No disrespect. Come on, man, Come on, man, So.
Speaker 2: How do how do we how that's the problem that you have?
Speaker 3: How we supposed to trust his organization when it comes to choosing quarterbacks at the position when they haven't figured it out. All these years, all of a sudden, now they got all the motherfucker excuse me. Now they got all the sins they're supposed to have, all the sense. Now it's the death chart. To me, I'm gonna let you go. The death chart to me doesn't mean anything. We know Jack Joe Flaham would do when the lights come on. Ken you Picktt had this opportunity when he when he went drafted the Steelers. So we see the symp beside that already. I mean no disrespect to him. He's not the answer. Dylan Gabriel has success at the organ when the lights come on. But it's a different ball game in the NFL with the grown men that got mouths to feed. Everyone should get that ample chance to win their starting position. We already know who quarterback one is gonna be. We know who that gonna be. The depth chart doesn't mean anything. What they trying to do is they trying to break young bull. They're trying to break him on. That's all it is. From the draft process to getting drafted in the fifth round to the owner coming out and saying what you said last week to now, man, come on with that bullyard Man, I.
Speaker 1: Don't see how Kenny Picktt still remains number two. He hadn't practiced since the twenty sixth of July, if I'm not mistaken, So he's been dealing with a hamstring injury. But when you go out and sign somebody in free agency, I mean, I guess that does tell you they do think highly of him because they signed him dealing Gabriel he's dealing with a hamstring. I guess the worst thing that happened is that we could have found out because had both of those guys been injured, we head into the first preseason game and only Flacco and Shudor is healthy. Now, it remains to see to be seen how much Joe Flacco is going to play. If he plays. I'm thinking maybe a series. Oh show that's let's let's be generous and say a series. Now that was gonna be shrdure opportunity to basically take us home. We saw Trey Lance. Trey Lance started the game and played what deep into the fourth quarter. Hell, he might have finished the game. With that being said, Uh, the worst thing that could possibly happen happen for the Browns is that the two quarterbacks that you probably counting on, they both got hurt, and they got hurt early. Now we'll see how soon it remains to be seen. I think I said last night they played Thursday, they played Thursday, Friday.
Speaker 2: Fay. Okay, okay, they played Friday Friday against the Panthers.
Speaker 3: I'm excited play you have a choice.
Speaker 1: This is but if it showed it, but but but but what if he had I mean, I mean, clearly they don't feel that confident because they thought you was gonna be able to go where they brought They.
Speaker 3: Had to bring it. They had to bring somebody else in because Kenny Pigott is probably not gonna play, especially with the Hampson injury.
Speaker 2: The game is I don't think either one, I don't think two three.
Speaker 3: You're gonna play it. Listen the iron This guy doesn't lie in the NISA do or to put what he can on tape. They needed. What are we going to get? What did we draft? All of what we put in obviously going against offensive defense and practice, that don't mean nothing.
Speaker 1: Well you're gonna expect to get, Oh Joe, how long you expect the five hundred dollar called the last mm hmm. Think about where they drafted him now Now clearly they ain't put a whole lot of resources behind it, so they're not let's let's let you know.
Speaker 2: What you know what we do here? Can we be honest.
Speaker 3: Chat?
Speaker 2: You know, when you.
Speaker 1: Go by what we used to call what I was growing on, we call a second hand. When you go buy something secondhand and you spend five hundred dollars or you spend one thousand dollars and as is no warranty, you're not expecting them. Okay, hopefully get me from point A to point B. They drafted Shadur in the fifth round. They're not expecting much of Shador. They didn't because if they thought that much of him, they had drafted him higher. If they thought that much of him, they would have given him a fair opportunity. But that's not what they've done. And I'm not Look, that's their organization. They run it how they see fit. But I don't know in people in Cleveland, I don't know how you would still have trust in this organization considering how many quarterbacks in every quarterback they say, oh, he's franchised, he's franchised. You said that with Derek Anderson, and you said that after before him, and you said that after him, Baker got injured, and you moved on from him. Now, Baker didn't have the weapons that he has in Tampa. I don't think Baker's like, Oh, I wish I could have stayed in Cleveland. The weather's a lot lighter in Tampa, and there's no state income backs, and he have a great support system around him. With all that being said, I would think I don't think it's muchy like boy. Maybe they bet again. It happens all the time. Man, I gonna want you if if you do it, how does that make me look if your doer looks well?
Speaker 3: Oh, y'all, excuse me. The adversity and the obstacles that young bullers had to open endure in general, he's been he's been pre been prepped for this. He's been prepped for this. Oh there against me since he got drafted. When he dropped in the fifth round, he already knew what time it was. When your opportunity gets there, when you get your opportunity, you have no choice. But the shine you have no choice. They're betting against him not to do well.
Speaker 1: Right, But if you want me to win the race, oh Joe, you got to put me on a fair brand like everybody else. You can't give me a cliss down and say go win this race. Is he at let me share this when he is in the game. Is he gonna get the first team offensive line? Because that's what when they want to get when they want to give you a serious look, Oh, Joe, you and I both played this game for a long period of time. When they want to give god, when they want to give a receiver serious look and let him run with the ones, they don't contentously see what he can do with the twos and threes. They give him a fair opportunity with the ones, the number one quarterback, the number one offensive run line, and the other one receivers on the opposite side of him. Quarterbacks, when they are running backs, when they really want to see what you can do, they let you run with the one the number one O line, And normally when they put the offensive line out, guess who else coming out? The quarterback Because the quarterback, the starting quarterback is not going to be in there with the twos and threes to start, and running back is not gonna be in there with the twos and threes. So I'm gonna be very interesting to see. It is the first preseason game, and given the way the preseason is done now, starters don't normally play, they don't normally play, and they don't play much. So Shador is gonna have to make Shaud is gonna have to make wine with the water that the whale water there has been given. He's not been given purified water. He's not been given bottle water. So he's gonna have to make.
Speaker 3: The cars that he's dealt on Friday night when he ends that game, regardless of what's surrounding him, he's going to make something happen when he does make something happen, when he's able to make something out of nothing. And this is no disrespect to the twos and the threes and the fours that are trying to make that team. Everybody out there buying for a job.
Speaker 1: For sure, but you are not old shoe. They're only about five jobs up for graand they know, they know it. They know within forty forty one guy who's gonna build that they don't know.
Speaker 3: They don't know yet because what they're planning on, what they're trying to do, whatever it may be. When he gets his opportunity, all they got to do is not to go down. I don't care what you put around me. I'm gonna show you. I'm gonna get the job done. So imagine if I can, If I can get out there and cut up on Friday with threes and four then tools at my helm. What you think gonna happen when I got the ones? Which thing gonna happen when I got when I got Judy huh in Djoku and the rest of them boys at my disposal as my weaponry. If I can do this with my threes and fourth and tools out here in a preseason game, all he's done all this life is win. Huh, That's all he's done. So now you put me in this in this situation, a little obstacle, a love adversity. All right, I've been here, Yeah, I got I got this. Yeah, I've been here before I got this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I agree with Jojo. I mean he's never had a situation like this. You don't know what you could overcome until your face with.
Speaker 3: It, talking man with my penny. Oh that's a good one. Let me write that, because go too fast in my.
Speaker 1: Note, because on your hair is the thing. See, strength is not what you possess. Strength is overcoming something that you didn't think you could see. A lot of people think.
Speaker 2: It is where I can look this or I can do that. That is not strength.
Speaker 1: Strength is overcoming something you didn't think you could. He's never been in this situation before. He's been the best, and now he's gonna have to that strength that his father has instilled him. His father is very biblical. His father is very into the church, is into the word. All those words that his father has been preaching to him for a lifetime.
Speaker 2: It will be put to the test.
Speaker 1: See like when the devil told you, Yeah, of course God, he's gonna serve you.
Speaker 2: You give him everything.
Speaker 1: Look at the family, Look at the livestock that you have, Look at what you blessed him with. Why would he not serve you? Remove the hedge and your cursive berry maker, and Shoulder has had abundance of everything. He had a dad that had the resources to get him the opportunity to go learn and study under Tom Brady, to get him throwing coaches, and to put him in the best situations. Now you can recall, you can call on that to recall what Tom said this and this guy said that, and do this, do that. But at the end of the day when you fall on your knees now, because see, that's what faith is. It's believing even though you can't see it. You see, Man says, show me and I'll trust you. God says, trust me and I'll show you. Yeah, yeah, yeah, your door is going to have to rely on his faith because at this time that's all he has. And I'm not so sure that he's not the only one that has it, because I'm not so sure the people in that building have faith.
Speaker 3: Listen, the people in the building. You ain't got to worry about that. You don't have to worry about that. At the end of the day. If they don't want you, if they don't want you, let me, let me put on film, let me this is what you got this. Yes, at the end of the day, regards to what they do, regards to where I am on the depth chart, i have a job to do and I'm going to do it to the best of my ability. Regards to what you put out there on the field with me on right day. At the end of the day, it's still football. We've been all been playing football since Kream Rise to the top. Now, you just took the word right out of my mouth. You just I was thinking I would I tell you that.
Speaker 2: Because I thought, Yo, I've been in your door.
Speaker 1: See, I was sure doing Sandy's been forced to do Santos at a different position.
Speaker 2: I know what it's like.
Speaker 1: I went to a team that just went to the Super Bowl, although they got drugged, they brought every receiver back, Mark Jackson, Vance, Johnson, Ricking, the till, Michael Young. They're only keeping five receivers and far the guys that went to the Super Bowl or back back so we got, they bring in four or five other receivers. Shannon Sharm's the seventh and the seventh rounder.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 1: But I'm a camp supposed to be a camp body. But what you expect out of me and what I expect out of me are two different things. I don't let you set my gym. I don't let you set my expectation.
Speaker 4: I see it.
Speaker 1: That's and that's how your door has to think. I know what y'all, I know what you're planning. I know, hey, in life, when when Ray told claud he said, hey, I know you thank you something.
Speaker 2: You got something up your sleeve. I know you got something brewing.
Speaker 1: I ain't got nothing, rape, I got an ass cutting for your brewing.
Speaker 2: Your door just needs to be your door.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have to be any he doesn't have to be anything else other than bad. And and that's good enough. His best is good enough. He doesn't have to be extraordinary. This is now the NFL.
Speaker 2: It is the league.
Speaker 1: You remember that movie, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. There are a lot of extraordinary gentlemen in this league.
Speaker 2: But that ain't what he has to beat out now.
Speaker 3: And that's that's no disrespected him. Let's just let's be realistic.
Speaker 2: They take it how they want to.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, Joe flac over the year eighteen and he's way past the pride.
Speaker 2: Kenny Pickett A, we'll see. He's hurt. Can't make the club in the tub, Dylan Gabriel, he's hurt.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, what's one thing about it? You think one thing about the football gods, You and me one thing about the football gods. When they know, when they know, especially, it's it's funny business going on the way they moving cream or is rass at the top. That's it. I don't care what you put around me. I'm gonna make it work. I'm gonna make it to do to listen when you go, when you go to the casino and they need them goddamn cars. You can't control what you've dom. Hey, you got them. You got to play it to the best of your ability.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's all they got to do. Go out there with just straight, straight confidence. This is my team. You got to walk it. You got to play like it. You got to walk in that stadium like you own it. You got the walk. You got to Oh, I see the game, y'all playing okay?
Speaker 4: Bad?
Speaker 3: Let me show you something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's and it's not easy because I don't want people to think that, oh he you never Yes, yes there were, there were. There were nice that I would go to bed and I'm asking myself.
Speaker 2: Am I good enough? Man?
Speaker 1: I only got three plays and I ain't catch a past? So if I'm a receiver, how am I getting.
Speaker 3: Judged by everything else to do?
Speaker 2: As a quarterback? He don't get no reps, how's he getting judged? Okay? I I called one point. I called it. Yeah, I called it, And it's like, man, is it?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: I had this great careers at Glenville. I had a great career, Savannah State, and now I'm here. In my mind, I'm what person doesn't think that he's better than some of the people that he's going Again, it wasn't like I was. I wasn't go on against him, a Hall of Fame receiver. It wasn't Jerry I wasn't. It wasn't Jared Rice and my brother Chris Carter and all those guys out there.
Speaker 2: That was I was gonna have to try to win time from.
Speaker 1: But I look, it gave me confidence that John Elway told me I could play in this league. He thought I had the ability to play. It helped me a lot with Mark Jackson would tell would legitimately tell me what I needed to do. But yeah, there was I'm fighting for a job, and we fighting for a job and a guy told me the wrong route. I didn't know it was the wrong route. I went in there and ran it. Dan read out Hey asked me, what the hell about I'm running the route? Hey, oh I swow, I just know I ran back. Hey, nice move, A nice slap, im a rip. I hit it right quick, because you know back then and you spend too much time dancing A line of scrimmas they're gonna come up through your face masks.
Speaker 2: So a playing chop. I'm over he blooded with something like damn, I even halfway through my route, don't you know what? He bloody whustle bump. Let me get this rock, we do something on it, shouting shark, What the hell are you doing? You know me?
Speaker 3: Oh smart?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking to myself, what the hell it looks like?
Speaker 4: I do it?
Speaker 1: Running this route? What you got on such a second I think I thought I got.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What can I say? Somebody told me the wrong route? You're supposed to know the hell you're supposed to do anyway?
Speaker 3: That's hey, that's learn, learn and couldn't throw business?
Speaker 2: O't Joe? You get a job?
Speaker 1: And in fact, if I can remove you out of the way to make my opportunity to getting this job easier, guess what I'm going to do.
Speaker 2: I am going to remove.
Speaker 1: You called removing the competition. We what we hear all about the drug what they try to do take over somebody's territory. You try to explain the territory doesn't matter how I just need to expand that to make sure. So he trying to remove me, I run the wrong Rodney Hey, let me never ask again. But you know what, and Mayor Porter used to say, God don't like ugly sometimes you don't like pretty. M guess who wanted the first one to get cut?
Speaker 3: But he told you the wrong rock? Yeah, hey, listen one thing about it. Boy, you can't deny greatness for you can't. You can't be.
Speaker 2: It was meant to be meant for me.
Speaker 3: When we got when when Sor got drafted, I said, it's a blessing in disguise because they they've always been They've always had an issue in finding the answer at that position. Now, why if they try to play with him? I said that watch they try to play with him and he ends up being the answer that they didn't even know they had. Watch again, I guarantee you. And if I'm wrong, I put him foot in my mouth.
Speaker 1: If from what the thing is, he might be the answer, oh Joe, And that was not even a test that they gave it. That's the problem that they're up against.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, man, bring that back on a time.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: You said he's to be the answer? Yes, he might. He could well be the answer, And that's not the test that they gave it.
Speaker 3: Hey, what you preaching the night.
Speaker 1: God, what's for you? What's what's for you? What's for you? Goods for you? Can nobody stop it? If it's meant to be, It's meant to be. And God is God in good and in bad. And we just got it. We just we understand that. We accept up that. But uh yeah, who else? He has a lot going on. Don't think his mind is not it's pops. And you know how close he is with his dad, his dad dealing with what he's dealing with. But his dad say, hey, you having that, I got this. You're having that up there in Cleveland. You let me take care of this down here in Boulder.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Hey make the Browns great again. Mb g A yeah, yeah, yeah, n b n b g A make the Browns great again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you asking awful lot.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I mean that's that's that's feeding. That's feeding, that's feeding five thousand with two loaves of bread, and that's turning warter into possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, they put man on the moon, so anything's possible.
Speaker 1: But I mean, now you talk about possibility, there's a difference between possibility probability. All right, Oh, Joe joining us, joining us, right, now the two time Pro Bowl Louisiana native LSU Tiger. He was on that great twenty nineteen national championship team that featured Joe Burrow, Jamar Chase, Justin Jefferson, Clyde Edwards Hilaire, the number one offensive line in the country, and it was obviously one of the greatest offensive teams in college history. Harry of the defensive captain on that side of the football. Patrick Queen p Q.
Speaker 2: What to do?
Speaker 4: What olp fellas are y'all doing? Man?
Speaker 2: We're doing great? Man? How you do it?
Speaker 4: I'm good? Can't appreciate what's up the man?
Speaker 3: You good?
Speaker 4: Why are you starting this already? Brouh? Why are you starting this outreadd bruh? All right, got a ball up.
Speaker 3: People, hold on, talk to you. Wait a minute, let me get comfortable, Let me get comfortable. Okay, what happened? What happened?
Speaker 4: Listen?
Speaker 3: Whatever you got, I can put the meat back on it, but just tell me what you need. I got you My bad, my bad, my bad? Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Oh oh god?
Speaker 3: What I got you at? What I got you at? I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what you know what? My word is always good? My word is bond. Tell me what you want. I go and I go in the system internally and I change it, and I guarantee you before week one you're waiting to be where you wanted that.
Speaker 5: I need to be a little bit faster because.
Speaker 4: Whatever you do overall, ho that's it.
Speaker 3: Oh say left, say that. I need you to drew me one favor. Now I'm gonna do all the changes that you want to make them necessary changes. I need you week one. Who y'all play week one? Okay, y'all played it? Just week one. I need you to pop out on film. I need you to pop out on film week one. So when we go to make those adjustments after week one, I can stand on the table. Look boom, we need to change, young bull, because look at this, Look at this. I got to have some to go off of when I'm in the meeting rooms where the people don't play back.
Speaker 6: Okay, yes, all right, we're good. That's problems problem solve. Hold on, is it true that you were in the pro am? You did the bass Masters pro Am. You're a fisher You're bad. You're a bad fisherman.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, that's all I do when I go home, brother, all season I just fished the whole time.
Speaker 4: Fish workout.
Speaker 1: That's it bad bass fishing or any type fishing, just bass man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if my buddies go so, but so you did you your jig, crank jelly's.
Speaker 4: My go to drop shot, crank baits Eery Bay like that, Nico.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let me ask you.
Speaker 1: So when you was growing up, I growing up had Bill Dance, had Roland Martin. I understand I know who Kevin Van dammeill, I who Mike Acanelli is.
Speaker 2: I know who is Smith is. I know all of these guys.
Speaker 1: I watched them on Saturday morning when they used to come home, and I understand, you know he they throwing the jig, and they throwing the jail and then they backing up against the tides over there trying to catch them. So, so how did you get into bass fishing?
Speaker 5: It was Kobe year when I was coming out of the l s U ain't had nothing else lock down. I had pulled my hamstring at the combos, so I couldn't even go to pt or nothing to get my stuff worked on. So my brother was like, let's go fishing, and neither of us had a boat, so I had somebody'll get the boat.
Speaker 4: We started bass fishing men who double said bad.
Speaker 2: So the message do you do any short fishing?
Speaker 4: Nah? No, I ain't.
Speaker 5: So it's I got show. Yeah, I got out of score. I'm cheating the whole thing. I need everything, I need all that.
Speaker 1: So you got you got the bass finder. You got all that. So you got all that in your boat? What you're what you're riding with? Every rude Johnson? What kind of board you use it?
Speaker 5: I gotta I got a Falcon boat, but I used NBT screen, so I got the NBT twenty twenty four is one of that one of the Okay, I had low rants on the front bowt but like my markets and stuff to that off. So I just run a running bird with the three sixth They in the law spot of that.
Speaker 1: So I understand you got big. So now I'm talking about the motors you using Johnson every mercery, Oh okay, mercury, Okay, let me ask you a question. But you also got to You also got a what they call it a troller, so get you closer in there, because that's too much power you run ashore. So you got a trolling motor to get you in the little tight.
Speaker 4: Spots right a garment yep, Okay, Now.
Speaker 3: I was gonna talk about I ain't never had no boat. I ain't never had no rods, you know, the baby. But I spit fish, a A A A queen. I spit fish. So I go to the Bahamas, right I go. I go to the Bahamas over in CS. The kids a little part where they go and I free dive and I spit fish like that. So it's just me spill uh little arrow, get the bow and arrow. You know, I shoot arrows too, and I spit fish. I don't know how long you can hold your breath under water. But you know they used they used to call me baby Acquat when I was younger. So I don't know about fishing from boats and all that inch just stuff y'all talking about. But if you want to go, uh spifishing with me, if you could free that, if you could swim, let you bring the off season.
Speaker 1: So Matthew, if you are you catch your release or do you? I mean, what's the biggest fish you.
Speaker 3: Got on the wall?
Speaker 4: My biggest is eighty nine. I'm sorry. I'm still trying to crack that double digits, but they're hard it's hard, right.
Speaker 1: But I really conflicted catching a fish that size and like taking them out of the water, like man, this joker.
Speaker 2: That's a female fish, and that's normally a female fish.
Speaker 1: And I feel bad because I'm like, damn, you've been here so long and it takes you out just to put your ass on my wall because you're not gonna eat it. Back in the day when we were growing up, you caught a fish that big. It act hot, Greez. No, you know that that's what that's that's what that's what they call trophy fish. And so I kind of feel bad, but I agree with you. I mean, to try to get something double digit, I mean, and closer to the twelve thirteen fourteen.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a nice fight.
Speaker 1: And but I would say the same thing if I were to hook something and I can, Hey, I can bring him in.
Speaker 2: Oh he got you on the wall.
Speaker 3: I gotta I got he. Hey, you gotta go to the walk tip by fishing. You know, I caught a glide group of down here in Miami one time out there in the keys out then the key Glad group. I ain't had no rod, just number hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, hey, we already already tell you.
Speaker 3: I'm I tell you I was spin fishing. I'm telling you so, I mean I had listen, come on, don't do me like that.
Speaker 1: Now, ain't no golive group or ain't no fish that you spearfish something like that bottom fish.
Speaker 3: I hit him in when you hit him in the left fend and he can only go sideways. So it made it. It made catch.
Speaker 4: Fly.
Speaker 2: You need the bottom fish, that's not it was a black.
Speaker 3: Group here about about here about eighty pounds I put him.
Speaker 1: I know how big a live groupers get that. But if you need to go look up what the original.
Speaker 2: They changed the name.
Speaker 1: That wasn't their the Lives Grouper, that wasn't their original name. People do your homework and go look, I'm not gonna say it, but go do your homework and see what the defish original name was and they changed it. I'm gonna say it like that. But we're gonna get We're not gonna get too far topic. Let me ask you this. You understand both sides of this rivalry, the Ravens and the Steelers, give us the biggest difference between John Harbaugh and Mike tomlin Man.
Speaker 4: You know it's crazy.
Speaker 5: I think players can relate to mke Tee a little bit better Hard, but I think both of them got excellent strategies. They've got two different strategies when they go into the games that I don't want to get into the whole details about it because I know they got they stuff about the whole public knowing about this US, so I ain't gonna get into it, but I could say the similarities are there. They're very similar. I mean, they both obviously hard those football teams. The practices are intense on both sides. They both are well known for like going into details about when you're going into battle and stuff, and you know about that, and I think it's just the biggest thing is just it's always gonna come down to that last position, whoever got it and whatever is getting to stop are trying to go score. And it's like that every single time we played, besides the last two games that we had against them where everything was falling apart from us defensively, which we can't happen.
Speaker 4: That happened this year. It's just too well known organizations. That's hard.
Speaker 5: Those football that that love football just true extras and those not gonna be a whole lot of tricks stuff going on.
Speaker 3: It's just hard those football hey listen from from from all the reports I've I've heard so far, especially especially coming out of camp, the defense is dominating, deep dominating the offense. Obviously, I expected that obviously with the acquisitions that you guys have made, and in my thought at look at it on paper, I think personally based on what you guys have, I see a Ravens I mean Ravens, a Steelers defense that has a chance to look like the Steelers defense of old in the early two thousands. Obviously, when you look at it from a standpoint of where's the week, where's the week link, where's the weakness on the defense? A front you type, at the lineback position you're type, and the goddamn secondary. Obviously, everybody's resume speaks for itself that came to play with you guys, Slave Ramsey. So for you guys, what is your goal? Because right now as as a as a team, your identity is now the defense from now on, So I just want to what is your goal this year? For you guys?
Speaker 5: I think it's the star faster than we did and to be able to continue to be a better defense as the season going along with than I regress. Oh, I think last year, you look, we lost the last six games or whatever it was, and we just started decline the whole every single game is like we just got worse and worse and worse. So I've been talking to this with reporters and stuff like. This year is so much more detail going into the defensive playbook. There's a lot of new stuff going to the defensive playbook. It's just us being able to start right now with the basic fundamentals and building off of that right now every single day, not taking our time and oh we get to that later. Everything is detailed now so that way we get into the season. We could just game plan. We don't have to switch over what we do. We don't have to go try to create something new. We could just go out there and do what we do and do it at a high level. And I think that's the biggest thing right now. We're just trying to focus on being better than we were last year.
Speaker 4: Starting game one.
Speaker 3: One more question before you know, you got use I'm kind of nosy. I'm kind of nosy. Right Listen. We've seen Aaron Rodgers, we've seen some of the things he's done, the retreats, you know, some of the things he says, he's been crazy in the past, not really being locked in. Has he been as a teammate? Is he locked in with great understanding? And how important him being somewhat of a version of his old self for you guys to be successful. Has it been dope having it as a teammate so far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a hell of cool dude.
Speaker 5: I mean, one day, the reign and the Pratice that we got ragned out walking under the team, we just got to talking about stuff and then he asked me, like, was my favorite ambuls or something like that we done on top of the sharks and stuff.
Speaker 4: We had a whole conversation about starts and stuff. So he was a cool dude, man.
Speaker 5: But as a teammate getting to see him how you approached the game and stuff, it's just different because, like you know, the whole thing at Pratice, they want everybody on the sideline. But I'll go stand by the offense and see how it looks from view, and he'll be right there, and I can hear him going through like in his head, like saying, okay, I'll check this. I'm looking at this. I'm looking at this like he's saying this out loud as he as the other guy's taking the snaps. So just seeing how your person's game. Man, he's in it on every single evening he's not in and it's just something cool to see somebody that does that too.
Speaker 1: That's you got big money to leave the Ravens. I mean, yes, leave the Ravens and go to the Steelers. You didn't have the season that you wanted to have your in Pittsburgh where you nick what what transpired that we didn't get an opportunity to see the Patrick Queen that we had saw so many years with the Ravens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just a new environment, trying to get a feel for everything how the team plays, and it's just hard. It's so hard to do that coming in from all in that off season and just trying to build that chemistry up there right now and trying to get a understanding of the defense and stuff. It's so hard to do that in one season. But that's why they paid me to do it. And so this year it can't be no excuse. I gotta go out there and do what I gotta do. Do what they paid me to do. Just out there and be myself. I think, like Mike Team called me before camp started, call me while I was getting on the plane. It was like it's go time. Like it's no more getting used to everybody, It's no more of the whole friendly transition, Like it's go time. There's no more playing around. So right there, I was excited right there. So it's just it's a point of me going out there and being who I am, getting the ball, getting the turnovers, running the defense, doing the things that they paid me to do.
Speaker 4: I think the biggest thing.
Speaker 5: Is just that whole transition, the whole switch for being playing with the same guys for four years to go into a new defense and trying to play with those guys, it was just a huge difference.
Speaker 1: The last Steelers playoff win happened in twenty seventeen. What was been what has been Mike T's message? Because every year, I mean, like you said, you guys started fast and then you tail your tail spin and you went to the playoffs and your tail span even more so, what has been his message this year to make sure that we don't get.
Speaker 2: Repeat seasons of the previous years.
Speaker 4: Everything that we're doing starts right now. Just that's why I was saying, like.
Speaker 5: The whole detail of the defense is so much better than it was last year, from top to bottom. And I think that's the biggest thing is like I said, we were trying to reinvent stuff going into a few games at the end of the season last year. And his whole message to the team right now, just start right now, start right now, be great right now every single day, every single rep.
Speaker 4: Do it at your best.
Speaker 5: Get whatever you're good at, be great at, and whatever you're great at, excel at it, and keep going and keep pushing it. He got all the sands and stuff and stuff. It's so many stands. I'll be forgetting them, bro.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, Mike, he got them, Bro, he got for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's it's dope though, because you're going to the team me and it's something new every single day, Like it's not the same message over and over over, it's always something new. And because it's on different people every single day, it's not always the same position group, it's not always the same person. Like he hoighers different things every day that will transpiring the season. And you've kind of seen that from camp last year and going into the season, you will see things that he talked about in camp happen in the season and stuff that we try to avoid. So he knows what's gonna happen, and like he tried to prepare us for it. So it's our job to go out there and do it, y'all.
Speaker 1: But y'all, you guys, it's your job. It's on you, guys. You look at what you got defensively. You look at TJ. You look at Cam Hayward, you look at yourself. You got Jay Ray and now you got Slave and now you got and now you got Joy Porter Jr. On the other side, y'all got no excuse. It's because y'all layered at every at three levels, front, middle, and the back. Y'all gotta be a top five defense, y'all need y'all look, I understand Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers what he is. You got DK, you got Calvin austin the third. You have some nice offensive players. But you know, y'all bread and buttered on the defense side of the football.
Speaker 4: And that's my job.
Speaker 5: Right if we could create turnovers and just even we're not creating turn of don't m score, don't un score seven if they drown the ball three sellers for three cool, Like if they can beat us the whole game kicking field goal, that's what's to be. But at the end of the day, like he's just said, it's no excuse. Like with the guys that we got, we could get Aaron the ball back three times, full times a game, two turnos whatever to stop here and there.
Speaker 4: I think we have a very successful season. I don't think.
Speaker 5: People understand, like Aaron can still be Aaron, Like we still got it. If we can protect him and we got there and do what we do on defense, we gotta a good chack.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, listen, I said that to start the show off. Obviously, you guys are gonna be really good. I think defensively, you guys will be able to do more. Obviously, when you have that kind of talent, that kind of elite skill at certain position, it opens up the defense and allows a defensive coordinator to be able to do other things to confuse offenses, to confused quarterbacks that they're playing against. So I'm excited to see y'all play, except when y'all play the Bengals outside, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Gonna talk to.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm here to respect the Steelers. You know, I'm here to respect the Steelers. Fans love me, I love them. But I'm excited to watch all this year obviously to see what Aaron Aaron is gonna do. But with it being said, funny thing is is, I'm a defensive guy. I love defensive play.
Speaker 4: I have a.
Speaker 3: Huge I'm a huge enthusiast behind the artwork, in which I feel is the most difficult position there is. So I'm looking forward to watching Slay and Joey and Jalen and and how that works. You probably can't tell me. I'm just curious. And Jalen gonna be at corner. I know, I know porters on one side. If Slay has it gone, know, you can't say.
Speaker 4: They're gonna be everywhere.
Speaker 5: I mean, M's gonna be everywhere, gonna be locked now, Joey gonna be like people they are rams, gonna be everywhere. He might be outside, might be another safety, he might be coming to that linebacker. Like he's gonna be everywhere. We got a lot of stuff that we're doing. Uh, it's gonna be there's some new looks on defense. It's some new looks. I know, people be playing and still the same old defense that they always doing this and that.
Speaker 3: So it would be a New York I could imagine. I could imagine.
Speaker 1: What's it been like the face DK every single day you see somebody six foot four, his size, his ability, the speed, the athletic system. What has it been like practice against that guy every single day?
Speaker 5: As eye opening when you just see somebody that's six four, six y five whatever however tall he is and two hundred and twenty five pounds be able to run like that, do the things that he do. It's just crazy that he could be that athletic at that size. So but when he catches slant and he freaking put his foot in the ground and turned the corner and he's running fifty yards downfield and me and Peyton sitting there trying to walk him down and stuff, And he said, there laughing while you're running stuff.
Speaker 4: We laughing with him and stuff.
Speaker 5: It's just it's crazy, brother, Like, when you get to play with somebody great like that. Obviously, I played against him when I was in Baltimore and he was at Seattle, and he kind of dig and like start out high, jailing downfield.
Speaker 4: And stuff.
Speaker 5: But it's just when you get a round great players, Bro, you just focus that much more on defense, like trying to do your job, trying to make sure they don't get the ball, trying to make sure that if they do get the ball there that is not supposed to play. I mean when you paar of that with Aaron and Aaron doing the no look passes and all that stuff, it just detail you that much more work live.
Speaker 3: Just imagine you lucky, Just imagine if you had to play against me in my area though you know I was I was six fo twenty seven back then. Hey, I would have probably I would have probably ran your ass over, though, Bro, I did you just thinking about it? I'm just thinking about it, you know, no disrespect. I'm gonna telling you I would. I'm the type to catch a slant and instead of cutting off feel I'm gonna run right into you.
Speaker 5: Boy if you if you would played against you wouldn't wearing the type of says or I can guarantee you that.
Speaker 4: Oh but you are you all man?
Speaker 3: Listen, man, Hey, you still put the pas time to bring me in. I get his work, but that you can't body. I don't even I don't even need the contract.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, they got a whole new I know you ain't had a training room that we got now, but they got all kinds of stuff that you got.
Speaker 4: You can go up there.
Speaker 3: I don't never go in the training room.
Speaker 4: I know what you're gonna have to.
Speaker 3: Y'all still do hamburger drills?
Speaker 4: What is a hamburger You.
Speaker 3: Don't know what Oklahoma drill? You know what hamburger drills is.
Speaker 4: Man, we called Oklahoma drew. I'm from down south.
Speaker 3: Okkk ok so I used to do. I used to do hamburger drill with the linebackers though when I was playing. That's how I know that's what you used to. Just head up, head up, that's I'm on that. I'm on whatever you want.
Speaker 4: All about that, Bro, I need, I need.
Speaker 3: I sent you right now. I sent you right.
Speaker 2: Day about that day about that bullying, the.
Speaker 1: Ring, the bullying, the ring when you sit.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, come on, I acting like I'm not.
Speaker 4: I wasn't born in the nineties.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: They might not do it anymore, but I know I know we did it. Queen. Let me ask you this, what do your diet consists of?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: Honestly, Bro, just the first year that I'm actually like focused on what I'm eating, Like I'm trying to stay away from the fried foods this whole off season. Like I remember mom, the first day I got back to my Mom brought me like fried checking. I said, look, you got one week after this week. I'm not eating the more fried food. Don't bring me no fried food. I want baked food this whole time. So right now, basically, I just I probably don't eat my first meal till around like eleven eleven thirty.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're intermitt fasted right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I eat my first meal around that time. Did my next meal probably be six thirty seven o'clock whatever time that whatever?
Speaker 4: I eat them?
Speaker 1: So damn, how many cattle do you taking in? You don't mean you don't ean two meals a day?
Speaker 4: Only two meals by like when I eat them two meals, I eat like I ain't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm saying, yeah, bro, bro, you gotta being out there like that.
Speaker 1: Bro, you got to be putting five thousand and six thousand calories because.
Speaker 2: You burning it off now.
Speaker 1: But y'all don't py y'all not out there two days because the second partice is like meetings or something.
Speaker 5: Now, so we had to walk through in the morning. It might be a little bit of running around and that walk through nothing crazy. And then okay, the second parties you get it in like I think is like two o'clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I gotta go on you if it don't hurt my feeling. Man, Now you say you eat two times a day. What type of food you eat? You know, one of the best linebackers in the game, you know, Patrick Queen ls U Like, I mean, tell me, don't hold let me take my shades off me. What kind of food eating?
Speaker 5: So at lunch, I'll probably get a smoothie. Oh, depending on what I'm feeling like. Some days, I'm gonna try to be here. Some days I might sneak in a burger.
Speaker 4: I might sneak. I might sneak burger here and there. I knowed you. I knowed you.
Speaker 5: A wait, no, So I might sneak one day, but I try to not eat too much. So I'll probably eat something I know that can feel me. So I'll probably get like two slices of piece of something that can throw me up. That way, I'll go to practice. I'm not feeling heavy but I still got some good social energy. And then after that dinner time, I'll probably eat something healthier. I'll probably some bait or something like nothing crazy.
Speaker 4: I like.
Speaker 3: I like what you just said. You see the balance. You see the balance. You heard him, there's a you know I'm healthy. All right, I'm gonna get my other stuff over here. I'm gonna combine it together. And that's why he never gonna get hurt. He never gonna get hurt because if you eat like abit, I'm telling your.
Speaker 1: Body all apart what o Joe. If people could do things in moderation, we would have a problem.
Speaker 3: Because you got to figure out.
Speaker 2: Exactly that's the thing moderation.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 1: People can say, oh yeah, oh, it's okay to have pizza. It's okay, But the problem is you eat the whole pizza and not a slice, not too slice. You eat the whole pizza. Okay, It's okay to have a nice free but not a whole court.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: So that's the difference. Hey, Pete, congratulations man on all the success. Broug get it go a you know who you are, Be who you are, Be that person that say, you know what, this is the guy we want demand in the middle of our defense. Be that guy. You know how to be that guy better than anybody else.
Speaker 2: Not just go do it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for coming on to Night with night Cap. Give us a little bit of your time. We greatly appreciate that. Stay healthy.
Speaker 3: Favor. Tell Jayalen Ramsey and then Darius Slay and Joey Porter they couldn't do nothing with me right now, And tell t J White I beat his ass Bright.
Speaker 4: I know you got money, get your PJ. I know you don't like the whole.
Speaker 3: I'm just related message from me.
Speaker 2: Go get some this.
Speaker 1: You open an official and tackle shop called all Pro Fishing and Tackle located in Rose, Louisiana.
Speaker 2: Tell us about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it was like I did me and my mom was on the phone with there. I was just talking about like I always got to order something or go to bass protests all away from the house, and everybody that's locals got the same problem. So she just kind of hitting that like you should open up your own store, and you got to talking about it, and I was just thought it was just a talking to. One day she was like, Hey, how about this store for your for you to start your fishing store and this and that, and I was like, you're serious and she was like yeah. So they started right there and ever since it's been Roland has been doing great. The business has been great. I'm gonna start adding some honey stuff in there until we do that down there too.
Speaker 2: So right, it's you.
Speaker 3: Oh up, Miami boy, y'all.
Speaker 5: I gotta come take a trip down south to Louisiana. Man, get your hey, don't listen.
Speaker 3: We got raccords and squirrels in Miami. What you're talking about?
Speaker 2: You ain't hunting them? Okay, okay? What what what you what?
Speaker 3: You what capital shot for the squirrels?
Speaker 1: Like I was saying, you have you have live, so you have you have live, you have live so you have live bait, right, shiners and things like that.
Speaker 5: Correct, I do the only thing I didn't put in there for fishing, shiners and stuff because the whole the whole thing is like we open up probably around six o'clock. People gonna be going fishing way earlier than that. Then they don't live that long.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they're gonna be going they gonna they hey, no, them boats gonna be in the water about five o'clock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the mintos don't live that long.
Speaker 5: Then it's the constant battle and trying to get more in and keep them all those so it's just like there's no point.
Speaker 1: So but you, but you you have like you have a jump, you have Louisiana Pinks, red Wigglers, Nightcrawlers, things like that.
Speaker 4: All that stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, everything, Okay, Okay, you done. You got anything else you want to add to the sad way?
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, all love having a hell of a season, boy having a hell of a season. Man telling boy that said, good luck, and I'm I'm gonna see all boy. I'm gonna see you all boys twice twice. And you know who y'all gonna be playing. I'm gonna see you all.
Speaker 4: Love, but so appreciate I was having me too.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you man, thanks for stopping by a when you Hey, when y'all have that great season, you have that Pro Bowl, all pro season, come back and join us again, we'll do we'll do. Appreciate that man, all the best. Appreciate Hey, that was dope.
Speaker 2: You no damn well, you ain't never been no damn hold on.
Speaker 3: Well, time out, time time. Let me say something real quick. Let me say something real quick. I live in Miami. I live in Miami, Florida, right Liberty City. I hear we got canals right over, lock them, we got canals. We got iguanas. They too big. You gotta hunt, you gotta you gotta remove them. We got raccoon.
Speaker 2: I just asked you a question. What type of gun have you?
Speaker 3: Sig sig? What with a switch?
Speaker 4: Sig?
Speaker 2: Sig? What? What's what's going to end of seed?
Speaker 3: What you mean we're going to end of it? I think.
Speaker 2: Chack does the day of this life.
Speaker 1: I mean, first of all, if you're gonna shoot it, if you're gonna shoot the we don't little you said the canal, don't.
Speaker 3: I don't shoot him to kill him. I just want to get him for a round for messing up a rose bed. You know, you know I got playing. I got a rose bed outside with flowers. You're going to be trying to eat my flowers. Hey, you got you got raccoons where you're from? Yeah, okay, the raccoons say in Miami, they different, like they stand up, they stand up, But Joe all run they stand up.
Speaker 1: I'm like, look, yeah, but when we were growing up, you didn't want the hide was valuable, so you shot the raccoon with the twenty two because you didn't want to mess the hide up.
Speaker 2: So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm now, obviously, if you're shooting, you know, a bird, you're shooting quail or something like that, dove you need, you need bird shot. You shooting a deer, Okay, you might, you know, hey, you might use a slug or something like that, our thirty thirty on high power rifle, something that goes for distance. But I know you ain't shooting nothing like that.
Speaker 3: You know, you know, mam, if we do everything in close proximity, we don't do nothing from a distance. You got you got to get up on them. You got to get upon them, you know, especially the Red Cols. The Reccons here don't play.
Speaker 2: They don't play.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, they don't play. They different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just know I'm not going hunting with you because you don't even know how to carry. You don't even know how to handle a long rifle. So I'm not going hunting with.
Speaker 3: Ill be sniping. Hold on, I be sniping. I can on that.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question, how do you hold it? So if you're not getting ready to shoot it so how do you hold that?
Speaker 5: Will?
Speaker 3: Always point down, always point down?
Speaker 1: Hold on this man here, I'm not going I'm not going no official with you.
Speaker 3: No how you you're holding down?
Speaker 2: Oh way?
Speaker 3: And you raise it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, hey, hey, chance, don't y'all go hold on your that baby the shout you all at.
Speaker 3: The back, ain't no friendly fire?
Speaker 1: Did and did he gonna have it? Did he gonna have it? Like he had the military cross and shoulder like he Barn't it?
Speaker 3: How you carry yours? I carry mad across the chest with the with the with shoint down cross.
Speaker 2: Yeah me, don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: Joe.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: You have to realize when you I see you, when you carried a long rifle. O Joe, you got to be a beginning in position right quickly.
Speaker 3: I just showed you that was the right position.
Speaker 1: As laughing ass laughing so hard. First of all, I grew up in the country. I grew up and the gun. Can you tell that your guy?
Speaker 3: You got to strap You got to strap on your stifle. You got you you got the strap?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, I don't. We didn't. I didn't have I didn't have a strap.
Speaker 3: Well, how do you gonna get in the position when you walk in.
Speaker 2: What you mean I would get in a position?
Speaker 1: I mean you can't, Oh Joe, I'm not Look, oh Joe, I'm not traveling.
Speaker 2: No great distance we're going.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe we're gonna call a mile or two, but just it all depends on how many people. What are we hunting? Are we hunting bird? Are we hurting quail? Are we HEARDing dove?
Speaker 2: Okay? Are we shooting? Are we shooting at? Is it deer?
Speaker 3: Is a hog?
Speaker 2: Are we shooting a twelve? Are we shooting raccoons?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: I mean it depends on the type of gun we're gonna carry and work we're shooting.
Speaker 3: I got, I listen, I got. I don't like the whole mind because it's heavy. So I had the strap and I always carry it on my breastplate, pointing down just in case it comes not that it would go off or anything like that.
Speaker 2: I'm professional.
Speaker 3: You just said, you said it's always in position. I can come up right away.
Speaker 1: No, you need to be a in a moment's notice. You need to be able to do this.
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look sometimes people have it like this off your this walk. Yeah, yeah, but first of all, why have I explaining you to somebody that's never going on?
Speaker 3: I think listen, we can we can go hunting. We can go.
Speaker 2: You No, no, no, no, I'm not going with you.
Speaker 3: I'm not again. Matter of fact, can o, Joe?
Speaker 2: You've never you've never even holded?
Speaker 3: Real quick?
Speaker 2: Yes you can.
Speaker 3: I really think that's a gym. That's the gym Me and you hunting. Listen, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta streaming bagpack. I got the tv U backpack right, Remember I asking you about what can I feel? What type of content can I film? There's a show right there, Me and you hunting. What are we talking about? Me and you hunting? You you teach me to rule it.
Speaker 2: But you in the show.
Speaker 3: That's gonna make it so interesting.
Speaker 2: First of all, we got to have a guy.
Speaker 1: We got to have somebody that that can that's going to help us.
Speaker 3: Spott, I got a spot on my homeboy, my homeboy used to.
Speaker 2: Be No no, no, no, no, no no no no. We got we gotta but I got.
Speaker 3: So many I got so many good ideas. Man, could we could do some dope stuff? Man, we could be we could be better than mister beasts.
Speaker 1: Hey, Look, I'm all about I'm all about fish. Look doing all the things that that we did growing up. You know, like I said, fishing, you know, we didn't, we didn't really. I mean, my grandfather would getting the boat of cage. I don't know why he got in the boat because he couldn't swim. But anyway, that's another story we talked before. We were talking about that for another day. Were talking about that another day. But look, I've been in the boat. I've been deep sea fishing mainly. We we sure fished, you know, we fished from the bank bridge, whatever the case may be. So I'm I'm I'm very proficient being able to fish. Obviously, we grew up hunting and handling guns. You know, all the guns were in our house, was loaded.
Speaker 2: Uh. My grandfather let us know very early on that ain't nothing to play with.
Speaker 1: You know, death is real, So that ain't You don't you don't you don't play, you don't play with that. And we didn't play with those guns. And so but uh, you know what, I look, we look into that and that's something you know.
Speaker 3: Hey, I gotta put this, I gotta put this stream impact the use.
Speaker 1: But you do realize you gotta talk soft love when you're in the woods, because animals can hear very very well.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, I'm telling you can go hunt deer.
Speaker 2: Uh are you talking too loud? That just did not just damned.
Speaker 3: We can use walking talking, Okay, No, you.
Speaker 2: Just gotta use it. Obviously you be miked up and you're living there in your here, so you can hear. We can also hear.
Speaker 3: Out there, so so that that the animals can we poor you poor. You're in all over your outfit, so you smell like deer, and it attracted deer to you, so they think it's like mating season. They think you're a female, so it allows to get it.
Speaker 1: Yes, there is there is something they called Yes, absolutely, yes, No, I ain't doing all that now.
Speaker 2: I'm good ready.
Speaker 1: And plus you want to you want to have to be as natural as you possibly can. Obviously you can't put on cologne and go out there. You know, you go in there and try to put on cologne, try to go out there with some tom four though.
Speaker 2: They're like, say, I'm just about it.
Speaker 3: Oh man, oh that's a good one. That's funny.
Speaker 2: It's a noah, man, I just honey, think just ain't my thing. Oh yo, man, it's just you do it.
Speaker 4: I made.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm more of a fisherman now. You know we're getting a fish. You know that's that's kind of whatever you want to man, Yeah, what you think hunt? You think you as soon as you walk in the wood, you see.
Speaker 3: Something saying because you just never know, You just never know. You just never know what you know you're getting, you catching a fish. When you go hunting, you don't know what might you what you might stumble upon. You never know.
Speaker 2: No, oh Joe, that's not how you hunt. You go hunt for a specific thing.
Speaker 3: When you go hunt for a specific thing, but you never know what might show up. You don't go.
Speaker 2: You don't go. You don't go. You don't go hunt white tail and hope I kill a moose.
Speaker 3: Moose might come before the white tail. A bear might come before before before the moose.
Speaker 4: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: And then first of all, were gonna we're gonna miss we're gonnas. First of all, we're gonna miss bear season anyway, So good, okay, said dr said today that he doesn't want his dad at practice. I don't want him coming to see me right now because I want to go where I want to go. Then for him to see me, I don't want him to come see me. Get a couple of reps and he's cheering like like a good day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nah, you can't be proud of me.
Speaker 4: Right now.
Speaker 1: I got to get to where I'm going and I know it's a lot I gotta do to get there.
Speaker 2: Is that a smart move?
Speaker 5: Want?
Speaker 3: He doesn't want any distractions, no outside distractions. Obviously Dion showing up would be a huge distraction, even though he's coming to support his sun. The type of attention that Dion would bring being in Cleveland is unwarranted and as she Doer doesn't want to deal with that. All the attention is on shr Door as it is. Everyone is talking about the Browns this season, which they've never been talked about like they have to date since the draft is because of Shador Sanders. So Dion coming there would add not really any type of pressure. We just unwanted attention that she Door doesn't want right now. He wants to focus on doing a job, getting the reps that he's going to get that they're going to allow him to have, and just just doing everything quietly. And I'm waiting on Friday. I'm waiting on Friday. I'm excited. I'm excited for him. I'm glad they're doing what they're doing because the cream always ride to the top. Whatever hand, whatever cars are dealt, you got to play that hand and play it to your best of your abilities.
Speaker 2: I agree. I agree.
Speaker 1: Look, he prime Prime, wherever he's at, Prime gonna stand out.
Speaker 2: And you know, and and and you do. It's like, look, let me focus on what I need to focus on.
Speaker 1: I don't want y'all asking me what's it like having my dad at practice and all that other stuff that comes along with prime. Prime, got his got his got his thing you need to get first of all, you need to get it. He got to get his help. And it seems like he's progressing quite well. He had a very very very serious surgery, you know, reading up on it and and and and and and seeing what they had done.
Speaker 2: Man, boy, my medicine is amazing. Man, what it can do.
Speaker 1: Boy, Look here, boy, I don't know what you believe in, but for somebody to give somebody that kind of information and and and to create man, please, But I like it. I agree with you, o Joe. I like the fact that your door says, let's let's let's keep this the thing. This ain't no circus here. It's my job. This is my job. Now, this is a very different job because sometimes parents do come to work most of the time, won't Joe, where were working at? You working at regular nine to five. It ain't bring your parents bring you bring your parents to work day. You might be able to bring your kids to work day, but you don't bring your parents to work day.
Speaker 2: And uh, he wants to keep the main thing, the main thing he don't want. He don't want time. And and it ain't like time.
Speaker 1: Just he time. You know what comes along with time. He just wanted to be a supportive dad. But he said, look, I know you're gonna cheer. I get what rep you're gonna make it. See like I just threw the game when he touched down in Super Bowl, he said.
Speaker 2: But but he's like, nah, noah, pops, noah pop. You go ahead and stay where you are right now now, yo, all right o Joe.
Speaker 1: Liam Cohen, head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguise, says Travis Hunter winning offensively and defensive Rookie of the Year, It's possible Travis is listed as the start on offense and the backup on defense. To have a chance of winning both the wards, he needs to be playing full time offensive defense.
Speaker 4: So I like it. What do you think I like it? I like it.
Speaker 3: I don't defensively, I don't think you win it. I think defensively, Rookie of the Year is probably going to be a du at Dual Carter. It's going to be at Dual Carter. I'm not sure what the workload would look like for asking jent T down there in Las Vegas, but I think he would probably probably come in second. But watching that dual Carter and knowing what he can do defensively, especially coming off that edge, he's gonna be a minis he is going to be a minute Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you think about it. He got he got Lawrence, he got a Ope, so yeah, pick and choose. He got a he got a top two three defensive tackle. Uh, he got came on thioh that can you know?
Speaker 2: We know what he can do.
Speaker 1: He could rush the passer when he's healthy. So it's gonna be hard to slide and and and try to like double him and take him away. Uh. You know, normally what we've seen is that quarterbacks get a get A get a premium on winning rookie the year comes on, Joe, they got the ball. Joe gonna be throwing. He throws thirty touchdowns. It's hard to overcome back. Now you have a situation like Chase. You know, Chase put fourteen hundred yards up, so it was hard to deny deny him. You look at who else, like you said, gently running backs, you get three hundred carriage, he having four and a half five yards of carry. That's that's fourteen fifte hundred yard right there. And then guess what fourteen fifty hundred yard with twelve fifteen touchdowns.
Speaker 3: I like like, I like I like him. I like him for offensive the year. Yet that ball, they're gonna getting that ball. Listen, Brian Toman Jr. He's not going Brian Toman Jr.
Speaker 2: Is going to.
Speaker 3: Do exactly what he did last year plus something. But because Tom Jr. Is graded what he does so early, he's gonna be the one to get double. He's gonna be the one to get double. And that's when trav is gonna do what he does. He's gonna be gonna make the plays that he makes. I'm curious when they when they go nickel, I wonder if trap coming on nickel.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, for sure. The question is either gonna be outside or think can get the inside the start off? Yeah you think so?
Speaker 3: Yeah he tall.
Speaker 2: I think he's better outside.
Speaker 3: Okay, see, I don't, I don't. I don't know the depth chart for the for the Jaguars, I'm not sure. I'm sure they probably do have a nickel, so they might. I'm not sure how it's gonna work.
Speaker 1: Hey, oh, chore, you know them guys enough slot man them joke is stopping on them, lad conkis, Hey, they running that zar Ro ride on you? They running that will? They running that different? That will route is different.
Speaker 2: You get got like Keenan Allen.
Speaker 3: Hey did Keenan Allen just go back to back went back to the charge like that?
Speaker 4: I like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I like I like that move too, I do. I like that moves.
Speaker 3: So all they gotta do.
Speaker 2: Is familiar offense, familiar with U at the quarterback. I like it. I like that move. There's there, it is on your screen. Do you see it? The depth chart?
Speaker 3: Nice, it's not it's not up there.
Speaker 2: It's not OK to you right now?
Speaker 4: Real quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna be starting because right now, Jordan Lewis is the nickelback. You got Tyson Campbell, you got Jerry and Jones.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jordan Lewis is there. Okay, okay, yeah, yeah from the Cowboys. Oh yeah, he definitely, oh yeah, he definitely didn't know, didn't no disrespect Darnell Savage.
Speaker 1: Savage, I think he's from Green Bay, right like Armstead, Josh Hines, Allen so ol Coon.
Speaker 3: They got they got a nice lott got a nice little squad.
Speaker 2: What I am happy to be back to the squad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're gonna bet they're gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: Let's see you.
Speaker 4: I see you.
Speaker 2: I missed you too, buddy.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: You when you get special players like that, man, all you got to do is put him in a position, man, and it opens up everything else you can do. You can do more. You have certain type of players with a special skill set. That's why, that's why I like what the Skids have this year. Excuse me on defense. You know, they tailed off towards the end of the season for for whatever reason, but they have so much now where they can do more. It opens up the playbook because you have a certain set of players that have special skill sets. It allows you to do more than what you could last time or last year for that matter.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's gonna be interesting. Like I said, it's.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just I think that's just asking a lot of the young man to play at that elite level and to try to play two positions.
Speaker 2: He grown man out here. That is different, he.
Speaker 3: Said, he could do it different. We're gonna find out. We're gonna find out real soon. You will find question as a rookie, does he slay in the preseason or no?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you got to give him. I think you got to give.
Speaker 3: Okay, get used to that, get it, get used to that speed of the game, because it's completely different. It's completely different than practice. Titus, h what up, Twin?
Speaker 1: I guess you can twell, I guess you can tell. I've been going for twelve even going that long.
Speaker 3: H Hey, Titus, what up Twin? Come on, come on down to Miami. I take it to the dog park over in Midtown.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: Nahas I'm intact, he said, they'll they'll throw us both out.
Speaker 2: What he attacked, he still got to He's still.
Speaker 3: Yeah that I give up. Listen, nice. Nice was out there a little colleagues.
Speaker 2: You know, people assue you, man, stop stop, that's nothing. Get scratched up.
Speaker 3: They about showing for every God damn they need Jesus Christ's.
Speaker 4: So it's all right.
Speaker 3: I'm worry about it. I ain't ship, I ain't got it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Uh, but it's gonna be very interesting to see. He's starting wide receiver opposite of Brian Thomas Jr. And then he's back up to uh, Jerry and Jones. So hey, paying him up your boatload of money. He says he can do it. Let's see what he can do.
Speaker 3: All the doubters wrong.
Speaker 4: M mm hmm