Speaker 1: Podcast starts now, Hello, we are coming at you live from New York City, where we are roughly one half hour late, which is so.
Speaker 2: So being gas lit because both of us saw major train delays that were allegedly citywide. We get here thinking, oh, everyone's going to be late. They are major citywide train delays. We get here, everyone is.
Speaker 1: Here, everyone's fine, everyone's sitting around with.
Speaker 2: Both of us coming from different places, are both late.
Speaker 1: Well, we were targeted.
Speaker 2: I do think do you think it's part of Trump's terror related actions? Of course he is saying we are doing no more in studio gay podcasting in this new era of America.
Speaker 1: You silence of the A podcasters, you silence truth.
Speaker 2: Well, I do think that's actually there's something to that, because if you think about it, you know, we're sort of the bottom of the totem pole.
Speaker 3: Start with us.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like starting with public universities and working her way up to Harvard. You know, we are kind of like the test subject of all State. Yeah, and then you know, next thing, you know, where's Michelle Obama's podcast?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Why isn't she talking to Sofia Bush about being empowered?
Speaker 1: It's so nice to refer to ourselves as the bottom of the zone pole.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, of.
Speaker 1: Course I feel I have to say. You know, last night I was I was, I mean New York, and I was like, God, New York is just like Paris. Never been to Paris, but still the sentiment was there. And then today I'm like, you know what, I needed this. I needed to be like brought down a few pegs because by the subway, by the subway, because I was really like, what am I doing with my life?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And now here I am a half hour late, sweaty as hell.
Speaker 2: I mean, there really is very seeing me about being humbled. There's nothing like running twenty minutes late and then texting is there a food in the office because I haven't had breakfast and being told yeah, there is a single string cheese. There you go, there's a string cheese.
Speaker 1: I actually really respected that you asked.
Speaker 2: That, and I am now I'm in this dilemma. If you're not watching on video, I'm holding the string cheese. It is check off string cheese, and it might be eaten by the end of the episode, or it might not.
Speaker 1: I think you should have why didn't you eat it before recording?
Speaker 2: Because there is something about admitting defeat. You know what it is. It's like, imagine I'm Lady Gaga okay, and I'm running late, and I'm saying, is there anything there? And they give me one string cheese? Would Lady Gaga eat the string cheese?
Speaker 1: Yes, this logic game is not working for no. She would say, well, she would eat it in three bites. She wouldn't string it, she'd eat it in three bites.
Speaker 2: She would eat it in one bite because might Donna a documentary style? She would say truth or dare say truth or dare put this string cheese in your mouth one fucking bite.
Speaker 1: I think I think you should have eaten it. I think Lady guy I would have eaten it. I think Madonna would have gagged upon it. Yeah. I think if I think there's something about you know, being so in need where then you have to perform how needy you were when you get here, or you almost need to scarf at and be like God, I was about to die.
Speaker 2: Here's what so okay related to this, h Here's what I'm struggling with. Obviously we're late, and obviously we're talent. Now you're now you're forced. Now you're forced to decide are you going to be so apologetic and humble or are you going to walk in and pretend nothing happened and say this is how I operate?
Speaker 1: Well, what did you do? I missed your entry because.
Speaker 2: I have I was apologetic. I will, but I stopped myself from being overly apologetic because I think there was a way I could have debased myself further. And I said, no, no, you host an iHeart podcast, bitch, You host an iHeart podcast and you have a free string cheese on your person that you could eat it at any point. You know what I did, and it's tax deductible.
Speaker 1: Okay, First of all, I also apologize, huh, But I also, you know, tastefully not overboards that would have been so bad that would have made it their problem. Not fine, But I I had a half drank coffee and I threw it away on the way in because I didn't want.
Speaker 2: To want to walk in late with a coffee. Yeah, yeah, totally, and I was like, that's enough coffee. I want to get our guests taken on this whole debacle.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear our guests perspective on this entire debacle.
Speaker 2: I have to say, we have been trying to get this girl on. I feel almost like when we had Kathy Griffin on, and not only because they're both ladies in comedy that are not afraid to speak out about Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's very.
Speaker 2: True, because they were both no, no, she's not all to speak yet, but because they have, they are both people that have been like screamed for on the on the discord, on the and the messages we're getting. Yeah, I'm When we did the pull, who do you want to see on the pod? This person ranked above Lady Gaga, all three, him, sisters, all three, all three, because there were submissions for even Yeah, there were submissions for him, and then there were multiple submissions for just st because of course she's the comedian of the trio. So please welcome, actress, writer, model, beautiful hair. Have Harry NEPV.
Speaker 3: Hi boy, Hi, So Harry. How are we doing so far? Yeah, you're doing great. I feel like you walked in late and you apologized from a place of power. I feel as though it's fine. I feel as though I was in Midtown at eight thirty am today to get a dry bar at Nordstrom, and I went to a whole diner before I got here, I got the New Yorker breakfast special at the Brooklyn Diner. Oh so that's who I am today. But you relate and that's who you are today. And I'll hold that again.
Speaker 2: Are you mourning? Are you a morning diva?
Speaker 3: I'm always in mourning.
Speaker 2: Are you in mourning?
Speaker 1: Yeah, grief is just a part of grief is a.
Speaker 2: Part of life.
Speaker 3: I'm in morning for my life, totally speak of chekop string.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so when you're when you arrive and they say they're running, lay tell us what's going through your mind?
Speaker 2: What's going through your mind? Walk us through that.
Speaker 3: No, I already told George, like, somebody owes me something like I've won. Like you are going to be apologetic. You are going to lay it on a little thicker. You are going to act like you owe me something and you do. Yeah. Wow, it's great for me.
Speaker 2: The thing is that's how I would feel too, because you think I feel you think as the person apologizing that you're in the that you're like humiliated and have something to prove, and it's like you're just giving the other person a gift of being in power in that social situation.
Speaker 1: What, George, I have to tell you something. I have to come clean about something. Normally, I'm the one that's like five minutes early, and you're the one that's like five to ten minutes late, and you know me in the squad here sort of look at each other and go Wednesday, get here today, and we get to have this amazing little vibe, this connection, and I get to have this power. And today it's been stripped away from me in such a huge way, and I'm having an identity crisis because of it.
Speaker 2: That is one of the most shocking things you'd ever.
Speaker 1: And even when I walked in I had to look at everyone in the eyes and say, like, you guys know, it's not normally like this.
Speaker 3: How would I know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's true, And that's true. You would have no way of knowing. So that's kind of funny. A little peak behind the curtain.
Speaker 3: It's okay, I forgive you. Why are you It's over. It's over. It's over.
Speaker 2: Punishment is over, and we are back in power.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I have a new topic.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the new topic?
Speaker 1: Okay, Today I've decided to wear white jeans.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, what do you think about white jeans power move resort, It's it's wealth.
Speaker 3: It's like dirt will not be smirched me. I am not in the dirt. My hands are not getting dirty, neither on my legs. I'm white jeans. Yeah, and I think it's even more bold and powerful before Memorial Day, Diva, Like, is that the thing like Memorial Day to Labor Day is like when it's permissible to wear white bottoms.
Speaker 2: But that's the only time when it's okay to be a white bottom.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about white bottoms?
Speaker 2: You know, it's complicated obviously because it is my community, but I definitely feel like they've had enough time in the sun. Really yeah wow, But I here's what I think though, that don't you think that saying the whole Memorial Day to Labor Day thing is now so passe that it's almost like it's more of a power move to wear it outside of that.
Speaker 3: No, because I love rules, I love clothes rules. We have been stuck in the TikTok algorithm of finding your personal style. And everybody is beauty, everybody is fashion, every core.
Speaker 2: Is bring back shoes have to match the belt?
Speaker 3: Yeah, bring back Dogma baby.
Speaker 1: I said, this is one of our friends, and I bet you can guess who based on the response. I was like, he was trying to dress me, and I was like, well, this is kind of weird, Like aren't the shoes supposed to match the belt? And he's like, I don't fucking care what you learned on what not to wear in two thousand and three, like you don't have to follow any of that.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I do think, though, Harry is right that it's like things have gone so far in the other direction that we need to rein it back and everyone has to actually look like a route floor and ad we actually just like three years to get back on track.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Arisa, Yeah yeah, it's like going on the Brat diet style.
Speaker 2: It's exactly like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know about belt to shoes, but purse to bag yeah, oh no, purse to shoes.
Speaker 1: Shoe no, No matching no.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know. Is that do you have to Was that a rule that you had to match or purse to your shoe?
Speaker 3: No? But I think it's something that is done. I see it.
Speaker 2: It's Upper Eastside lady, yeah, or like I don't know where that's I've never done it.
Speaker 3: I actually I'm having a memory of trying to do it once and having maybe like an elder queen or an elder girl or someone really severe who I looked up to, very severely and furiously punished me for that. The first time I ever went out and heels, it was like a Jeffrey campbellita, you know, like twenty eleven. I was outside the but I was fighting for my life. I was leaning against a brick wall having a cigarette. I could barely stand. And this drag queen sees it. She cocks me, and she goes, don't let them see you take your shoes off.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, to be caught, for her to know you were in pain just by the way you were leaning on the wall.
Speaker 3: Do not take them USh, do not take your shoes off. And I have taken that so to heart. I think it is disgusting when the girls do that at weddings about Vitzma's. It's unlady like, it's unseemly.
Speaker 2: What do you think of girl having sneakers in her bag and putting them on at the after party.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Like, who wants to have shoes in their bag?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Those shoes are on the ground, they're inside of your purse, your toe. Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is actually something I noticed when I first sorry moved to America is that American people when they pack, will just put a toothbrush loose with their shoes in their in their bag.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't makes my toothbrush with my shoes, but I will sort of throw my toothbrush in the dopkin't loose. So whatever else is in that bag, it's touching.
Speaker 2: And are the shoes loose with your clothes?
Speaker 1: No, I put my shoes in a little bag now. But that's kind of a newish development.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Honestly, anytime you get a little dust bag, save it. I have like a bag of the bags and it just like sits in the corner of the closet you fished out. Any time you have to travel, hold onto that.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: Also, anytime you're at a hotel, they have those bags and the thing, I don't think they charge you if you steal them. I always steal them.
Speaker 2: I the secret is stealing things from a hotel. Don't look at the bill afterwards. I have no idea if I was ever charged for the robe that I stole from that it's a really good secret I wear all the time. I'm instaging myself in my little robe.
Speaker 3: They charged the robes, you know, you know what my theory.
Speaker 2: There were three in my room, even though then you I was just one person and I took one and I was like, oh, they're not going to notice, because like, why would they have three in there? But what I think they do is they purposefully put three in there so the guest thinks, oh, I can get away with it.
Speaker 1: This is so finances according to George, which is just like just don't look.
Speaker 3: How many beds were in the room one. I think it was like a king So they're putting three, they said, maybe it's yeah.
Speaker 1: They're being very progressive. What are they it's a hotel.
Speaker 3: What do they want to happen?
Speaker 2: I know, I know they're also making me feel like a prude because I'm there by myself.
Speaker 1: Where are you?
Speaker 2: I wasn't even having one partner with me, let alone two. I guess it's San Francisco.
Speaker 3: I love re staying in a hotel room that I know I've had sex and like.
Speaker 2: I have really you specifically request it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I stay at the Sunset Tower in la like whenever someone else is paying for it, and there are a couple rooms there where it's just like the grinder flash. Yeah, life of ten years.
Speaker 2: I do think there was a in my life where I like never wanted to look back, and every time I was somewhere where I had been before, I felt like, take get.
Speaker 3: Me out of here.
Speaker 2: And I'm actually in a very nostalgic phase right now where I actually am like purposely like I'll go to my high school reunion. I mean maybe not that I wouldn't go that far, but like I'm in a high school reunion place.
Speaker 1: When it comes to hook ups, I'm very nostalgic. Like I'll have hooked up with someone once in twenty thirteen, and I'll like message them on Instagram. I'd be like have you been.
Speaker 3: I have a really distinct memory, probably like five or six years ago, of like coming across your Instagram and I saw your little mustache and you're a little like kind of mullet, and I was like, what's that?
Speaker 2: The moment era was huge for here?
Speaker 3: Is it gay?
Speaker 1: That's funny?
Speaker 3: Is it kind of gay? Are you growing back?
Speaker 1: I'm kind of going back to time.
Speaker 2: I actually I like this length.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a little more tasteful.
Speaker 3: Before it was like full, you.
Speaker 1: Know, trying to be country or something. Yeah, I'm going paul as Cow.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I know you were giving the fantasy of like the pitchforky like is it straight? Is it all like tinder fantasy of twenty nineteen? That's what you were giving. You look good then, and.
Speaker 2: You know that's what you would you ever go country?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Countdown to country? When is it?
Speaker 2: If your career demanded it, if someone was like, you have to go country.
Speaker 3: Out of respect to the country, No, honey, I could not be more coastal. I could not like it's it. I am not opposed to the genre. I am not opposed to the vibe. I'm not opposed to that.
Speaker 2: You don't think it would be authentic. You don't think if you were to go country you could pull it off, is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Actually, now I want to try.
Speaker 2: I think I think you should. I can't think it's your next era.
Speaker 3: I know. I don't mean like pull it as an esthetic for like ladies and gentlemen. I mean like go to Lake Okachoby and see if I can turn it, because if I can turn it in like okachobe baby, Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's sort of like the equivalent. You know, if you were a comedian, you would be like touring the country seeing if your material worked on non coastal audiences. You bring it back suddenly you're better than ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want access to that. I want to learn how to do that.
Speaker 1: Hmmmm, I want to. I wish time was unlimited. Let's start there. Well, yeah, because I think, wait, really, I wish I could like choose, like I wish I could be like, Okay, now I'm going on vacation from real time, and I'm going into fake time, sort of the waiting room for.
Speaker 3: Mining Granger, literally turning the time. We're huge Harry Potter fans ever heard. Oh my god, I'm actually.
Speaker 1: Not really, but because I would love to go work on a farm and see if I could do it, Like I want a simple life, my life just for like a year, but not you lose a year. Okay, hold on, because think about it if I worked on a farm and I got what if like of course, you know, think of the montage. Month one, I'm horrible. Month three, I know where to get the pig slop. Yeah, totally, and I oh, I'm good at carrying it.
Speaker 2: I will say this time.
Speaker 3: Sorry, go ahead, No, I think deserve but like you, you don't know, I'm assuming. Okay, wait where are we from.
Speaker 2: I'm from the midwestern Virginia. Okay, yeah, I mostly grew up in Greece, but I spent six years in New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, so okay Jersey high school.
Speaker 2: Like middle school, end of elementary school.
Speaker 3: So like, do you know any of like the coastal kids who like, oh did farming gave up on the semi charm kind of life? And then like, fully we're like bio organic, they them farming like five years later and like maybe are still there?
Speaker 2: One of my greatest I wouldn't say regrets, because ultimately I don't regret it, but I always would hear about those things. And by those things, I mean anything ranging from peace Corps on one end and like organic farming Kibbutz.
Speaker 3: Living organic non binary Jewish, non binary.
Speaker 2: Jewish farmer state brand, and I would always be like sixty five percent interested, and I'd be like, yeah, if I had just like a little an inkling more of like the go getter attitude and like the you know, less of a fear of disappointing my parents, who like wanted me to be an engineer. I would do it.
Speaker 3: Oh, but it felt very much like doing that. The whole point was to disappoint h Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great point.
Speaker 2: I know. But the thing is I was playing the long game because the number one way to dispoint your parents is becoming a stand up comedian. You ate that, no, but I was. Did you consider it?
Speaker 3: No? I wanted to be an actress.
Speaker 2: You wanted to be an actress, Sure, it's true, and you also wanted to be in the big city.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, wait where are you from?
Speaker 3: I'm from Boston. Oh, Newton, Massachusetts?
Speaker 1: Got it? Got it?
Speaker 2: Got Should we do our first segment?
Speaker 3: I think we should, Okay, Harry.
Speaker 2: Our first segment is called straight Shooters, and in this segment, we test your familiarity with in complicity and straight culture by asking a series of rapid fire questions where you have to choose this thing or this other thing and you have to just go with your gup. And the one rule is you can't ask any follow up questions about how the game works because we will yell at you.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Harry. The right to remain silent, or the fight to regain the big client, the.
Speaker 2: Fight terry game, the big Agnes Varda or a Couslada, Agnus Varda, Noche.
Speaker 1: Chester Cheetah or bag about Gita.
Speaker 2: Back about out, mind the gap or grind or chat mind the gap.
Speaker 1: Meeting with h R or speeding in a car.
Speaker 2: Speeding in a car a fast car, opposites attract or megalopolis fell flat opposite the truck.
Speaker 1: Oh, keep me in the loop or get me out of this improv troop.
Speaker 2: Cerid the loop, using Klarna to pay or blaming Karma the second because you're okay the like I wouldn't be cat dead.
Speaker 3: Larna is so dark to me. And they got all the drag queens do with the Clarka's pond.
Speaker 2: Too, because you know they have to use it, Babe paid post drag race.
Speaker 3: No, also like Klarna, Like what kind of a name is that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What what kind of like? It's like a Ryan tricartan character.
Speaker 2: You had one opportunity to name your company. You had a brainstorm meeting, you had follow up meetings. There was anil that went right up to the COO.
Speaker 3: There are reply alls that said hey, following up.
Speaker 2: I love the direction we're going in.
Speaker 3: Ladies General, Please Klarna, Larna.
Speaker 2: She comes out to like.
Speaker 1: She sucks, she's first eliminated.
Speaker 2: But it's not even in like a miss Van Drey fun way. Everyone's like this was a mistake.
Speaker 1: No, she's so flopped.
Speaker 2: We have to rank Harry's performance on a scale of one day. So used to be on the scale of one to one thousand doves based on the Lady Gaga. We recently changed it to zero to one thousand blades of Grass in honor of the worst song from her new album Bad Bressy.
Speaker 3: Not too much on seventy.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have to say, I mean, I'm like, this is close to a perfect score for me. I was gonna say nine and ninety nine doves, I mean.
Speaker 3: Blades of press.
Speaker 2: What I loved about Harry's performance is that she, I would say, embodied a character of drag Race Judge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was very it was very house your head.
Speaker 3: Yet no, because I I want that to happen to be so bad. I've not done it no, And I feel like they know that I'm in so deep, and I feel like they know that I want it so badly, and I don't think they're ever going to give.
Speaker 1: It to me, going to come to you.
Speaker 2: But here's my question for you, and we can stop talking about this whenever you want, even though you brought it up. What would your ideal challenge be that you would judge? Oh, do you think, because you obviously are a multi high fit it, do you want to judge an acting challenge, a runway modeling challenge?
Speaker 1: Arose?
Speaker 3: You know you're sort of the category. Really, I'm not a woman in comedy kind of Honestly, I feel like I can be more articulate and like an authority about a fashion challenge. I wish I were articulate in an authority about an acting challenge, but those are still stripes that I feel I am earning, or stripes that you know, the industry in question is like not going to give me yet, but fashion gave it away to me very quickly and very bountifully.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're thinking an am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really speaking from a place of power when it comes.
Speaker 2: To fashion, I think runway or you know, photoshit, editorial, I know, like the.
Speaker 3: Ball, the Ball challenge, Oh, the Ball challenge. Yeah, Like I want to judge like seventy three us no, but I also know, but like I would love to judge a performance challenge because like I want to be like, hey, you're the trans girl, right, like stop thinking about passing. Like I can tell that you're doing that little thing with your voice, like let it go, baby, let it all hang out. I'm not trans.
Speaker 1: I'm just the camera guy.
Speaker 3: I lived in this season, I watched Drag Race, and like love Drag Race for the moments were like the void bins and like the line between trans and drag queen exists. The line between like drag queen and capitalist subject like oh yeah, I mean not exists, like like like disintegrates, and like Hunter Shaeffer walks into untop to this season and she's just sitting there and she and she's looking around at all of these like drag queens and drag and she's like, are there any dolls in the room. Two of them are like yeah, Like because you don't know, that was a funny moment.
Speaker 2: I mean, I hate to become a Drag Race podcast, but I do want to know your quick thoughts on this season because we have decided as a bit that we are team Jewels Sparkles.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's sort of and it's actually not a bit.
Speaker 2: We're fully team Jewel Sparkles. Why I think, Well, obviously Anya like okay, watching it, I'm like, I'm Anya's gonna win. And I love Anya, and yeah, but there's something about the perseverance of Jewels. She's always she's always being underestimated and she always ultimately turns it out. She has a gorgeous just presence. I mean, that face deserves to be on television.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's so funny and nice. And then also I'm so happy when she starts a little fight, but she like does it with like she has like moral correctness, Like she's like I know what's good and what's bad, and I always agree with her morals.
Speaker 2: And she has charisma which honestly can't be taught. Yeah, here's my thing.
Speaker 3: I like my drag queens with like a drop of poison in it.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 3: I like the drag queen that like kind of wants to hurt something. I like the drag queen that has hatred in her heart. I like the drag queen that like desublimates the hatred in her heart into like funny drag with like a little twisted sense, or like wicked beauty. That's like a little like disturbing or like Timmy Brown, like just like from outer space.
Speaker 2: So you love Hormona, Lisa, Yes, this.
Speaker 3: Is literally it. It's like I was here for Hormona. I was even here for Susie too, because like I don't know whether she's aware of the poison, but like the poison is there and I live. I love. I love the rotted white theater queens. Not that like to Susie too is rotted, but like I love like the white queens who are just like I'm the one and.
Speaker 2: Such a funny thing to it, right yeah.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: And like I loved the kind of like trans vibe of the way Susie would deliver naturalism in the acting performances, like you're just an actress, baby, Like the wick is on, but like the could really be on if you wanted to work. There is a chemical substance stronger than glue. No I and I feel in this top four we there's a famine of poison. I would actually probably say team LEXI love because there's some poison there for sure, right, you know she what did she say? It sent the whole I host little drag race viewing sometimes on Fridays, you are always welcome. But she was on the stage and she said the streets, the pipe and the pole, all of it.
Speaker 1: When she said that past that was amazing. That was like Jerry blank coded, Yeah, this is so great. I've never had anyone say that in real life.
Speaker 3: I'm always gonna ride for a queen that's from the streets, the pipe, and the poll ideally all of it.
Speaker 2: G Lexy team, Like I guess, I do. I mean, I do love Lexe is a star. And it also just makes you remember, like, yeah, what we lose by all of them being twenty three is that they don't have lives they can talk about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the twenty three was glaring this season, it was re blaring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's there's drag queens at twenty three who have shipped to talk about that's true. I mean it used to be like, I don't know, being a drag queen, Like it used to be like you were from the streets and you were free. This is like your last resort, like you have to do this because you cannot pass for anything other than a drag queen. But like, I don't know, you know, like mistress is about Brooks like she's young, she's got a dragon, she was sixteen. That's true, true, true, Yeah, we still have those grete queens.
Speaker 2: What did you think about all their parents coming in and being so supportive.
Speaker 1: I live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it was, it was. It's inspirational. And then at some point you're like, okay, so at this point, is this just the equivalent of like if your son played baseball, like if everyone is so supportive, But like.
Speaker 3: I actually lived extra for like Susie's mom. Yeah, like non plus yeah, and I just spit the p and plus it was like, well, it's theater training. That what I lived for the representation of like a non plustly supportive parent. We were talking about this. I'm so much more realistic.
Speaker 2: It's so much more realistic, and I really I became upset at the fact that they were trying to sell us this narrative that Susie's mom was less supportive quote unquote, like she was less excited than like a Sam Starr's mom or like the or Jules's dad, and you were supposed to almost feel bad for her that they didn't have this more like kei ky relationship and it's like, no, that's what my mom or your mom would be like suposed to be, Like, that's what moms are supposed to be. Like if my mom was Sam Starr's mom and she was like, who here needs help talking?
Speaker 3: I would like not like that.
Speaker 1: Well, there's something we've talked about neutrality on this podcast a lot, and there's many realm for it. We are supportive politically not politically, of course, but one thing I do think we're neutrality really matters is parents' support. Yes, like they aren't supposed to hate what you're doing, but they're also not supposed to be like gagging.
Speaker 2: I completely that's the only way to raise normal children, yeah, is you can't gag too much.
Speaker 1: You just have to be like, okay, cool, like let me know how that goes. That's it, like start, that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mom gagged, Well you know you're in I don't think she's being supportive. I just think I gagged her, Yeah, gagged her a bit.
Speaker 1: I fear I.
Speaker 3: Think I gagged my dad too, my stepdad, stepmom, stepdad? Why are you gagging?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Why are you gagging?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I bring it to you every ball I have been Klarna.
Speaker 1: Klarna Clarna documentary when like, it's only a matter of time.
Speaker 2: To expose Clara the company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Have a list of drag games, but I feel like we probably should start talking about Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, well do you want like five of those?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, okay, detritis.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good. Uh Jean Jenna Rams John Jay.
Speaker 2: Quarantine, Quarantine.
Speaker 1: Quarantine would absolutely.
Speaker 3: Be on Kinney Charistmas.
Speaker 2: MARCHIALI, Si, wow, Quarantine is my favorite. Quarantine's really I thought there should be a drag name, drag queen named kombucha.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there is somewhere.
Speaker 2: Probably you have to hope, but quarantine is beautiful. That's really a nice name. Become her because wait, speaking of lists, Harry, you did send me last night an incredible list of straight topics and you can choose whichever one you want, but I would like you to read the list.
Speaker 3: Yay, I love this. Call me buzzby the way, Yeah, stradio okay. Quote clubbing not like partying, not like the club club, the art house, interesting, quiet, luxury, drag brunch, plastic surgery oh okay, big boobs okay, skinny parentheses, new development.
Speaker 1: I would a little bit more about this, keep going here.
Speaker 3: Male actors, right, yes, being supportive.
Speaker 1: Kindness, Okay, yeah, there's so much there. I mean, first of all, club I think is such a clubbing in quotes is an amazing topic because it is like this thing where it's like foreign, like they're like, well, that's like that's a thing that some people do. It's like a genre person. Now I'm spinning, now my theater trains coming out and that for Whereas for LGBTQ plus it's sort of like, well, yeah, it's a given part of like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just say I'm going out.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Well, clubbing is about the club. It's about like the location. Ideally the LGBT is like we're here for the music or like we're here to like get laid or like you know, we're here to do drugs. Like, clubbing is about the.
Speaker 2: Club, and it's about lines.
Speaker 1: It's about like and it's about like what oh drag Race.
Speaker 3: When no, no, Share is not drag Race exclusive. The way I imitate her.
Speaker 1: Is at this point, I think of Sharing more with drag Race than anything else. I mean, exists as a character in the drag Race universe.
Speaker 2: You know, much like we were talking about John Diddy in the other day, there's share the person and their share of the fantasms phantasm that exists in culture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's much like Sally Rooney and that she's.
Speaker 2: Much like Salaraty in that sense. Okay, Wait, I do want to know which which one you ended up? I want to know which one you ended up choosing of of the of the topics I have to choose.
Speaker 3: Oh, we can also choose together. Well, okay, but I also wait, you know I already offered. I want you to Okay, we.
Speaker 1: Can spend on skinny prenzies, new development.
Speaker 2: I do want you to expand on that, even if it doesn't end up being the topic.
Speaker 3: But I mean, it's it's just like you know, the X algorithm. It's like I feel like, if you're gay, it's it's about the cutting edge, and it's about being different, and it's about especially like the coastal gay, especially the New York gay, it's always about going over here when everyone else is over there. And like the new thing is like I want a big boy. I want a big fat boy. Yes, Like it's it's like the two Tours. I was like the cut Torso and the Belly torso it's like want the belly, like you know, it's we're done with cut. We're wow, maybe we're done with cut period.
Speaker 2: Declaring done with I think hashtag done with I'm Paul announcing the challenge, and the hashtag.
Speaker 3: Is done with cut. I gotta be cut.
Speaker 1: I gotta be cut.
Speaker 2: She's already done cut hers.
Speaker 1: Well yes, twice.
Speaker 3: Listen. Wow.
Speaker 1: Well okay, so skinny.
Speaker 3: Is the faggots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally, I think that is interesting. I mean it is. We talked a little bit yesterday about like working out in sort of the masculine vibe of it, and I do feel like skinny as the ideal body type is like a new like republican ideal.
Speaker 2: But you're saying gays when they zig, we zag, meaning like okay, we're hashtag done with cut for men and then for women? Are we hashtag done with skinny in the gay world?
Speaker 3: Well, well, I think that, like lesbian beauty standards are always affirmative, like a healthy woman's body, like the straight girl standard of trying to be like cute, skinny and petitue for like, like, it's like we go the other way of that as lesbians. I'm not a lesbian I'm trying to I'm using my theater training. I'm using my theater training.
Speaker 1: Lesbian Yeah no.
Speaker 3: No, I feel as though the healthy female body is celebrated. I feel like I can't really imagine the lesbian. That's like, you know, the Chinatown art bro. That's just like I love, like an abject little like skinny like indies, like twelve year old, like you know, vibe.
Speaker 2: Theater training is absolutely coming out.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I'm I mean, like, I just I don't know. I'm sorry, are you Sarah Snook? This is twenty six.
Speaker 2: Different characters are playing the twenty six characters and Dorian Gray right now.
Speaker 3: No, but I could you could? You could? No, I could? I could play like nineteen, Yeah, yeah I would.
Speaker 2: They would have to cast a different person just for the final six. You're doing nineteen, And they're like, she has she almost has the right and to do all twenty six, but she's just doing nineteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do want to see it. I think I think she's the team.
Speaker 2: Well she is, I mean talking about drag she says that she's like what she likes better is that she gets to be a drag king. She's like, I'm not a man, I'm a drag king in the show.
Speaker 3: I kind of identify as a female impersonator on the low.
Speaker 2: Harry, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Please SayMore.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's just like what the girls used to call themselves vocationally.
Speaker 2: It's like semantic, like like the.
Speaker 3: Real show girls in like the eighties, who like we're living their lives as women, but were also like employed as female illusionists and like it wasn't like it's like I'm not a drag queen. I'm a female impersonator. I embody the look and feel of real like I you know, oh that good eighty silicone, like they like the injection. Oh if that weren't like illegal and highly dangerous, I would be coned down.
Speaker 2: Do you are you thinking of a sort of Pam Anderson Baywatch figure?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, it's just like like a BBL does not hit the same. No, it's just like a little bit of like free silicone injected into your hips and a bath tub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, inject me. I'm a free bitch.
Speaker 3: No, Like it's cool. I don't know. I'm obviously not trying to like publicly disavow whatever if ias on the record, but like I love female. No, no, and like people, you know, people who live their life the way I live my life with the same whatever, like that was the nomenclature. Honey, I'm all about like it's a historical that this is also proprietary.
Speaker 2: Don't you think gay guys are male impersonators in some way because they're sort of like trying in a huge the masks off. Yeah, the masks are and.
Speaker 1: Even like putting on a cameo hate just.
Speaker 2: Like the gym gaze. They're like, oh no, I have to have another male body on top of mine so that I can feel like a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just protein instead of silicone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's protein instead of silicon, and silicon is so much more glamorous.
Speaker 3: Literally, I do wish there was a.
Speaker 2: Version of getting giant fake boobs for a man, because I think that would make so many people so much happier.
Speaker 3: You can get silicone injected into your pectorals.
Speaker 2: It's also true. The chin the chin trend. The chin the chin trend, that's the that's the equivalent. Oh yeah, people do be getting chins. People are getting chins in a big way. You're lucky you have a strong chin.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you for saying that, Okay, wait, so but I do know you don't. That's okay, George.
Speaker 3: I already said that I kind of thought you were cute, but like I don't, I don't. I don't see a strong change. I don't really see it.
Speaker 2: I want to know about about parenthesieson new development when it comes to skinny. So you're saying it is sort of like is this kind of not to be so literal, but like in a posto zembic world, skinny is back in.
Speaker 3: I just feel like, Okay, here's here's what I really think. Like, the gays are not relevant, the gays are not in the pole position. No, I agree that the gays are not like the cultural force that they used to be, and so they are kind of like top down retooling their brand right now. They're at basement fucking on girls. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, completely, No, I think totally. We seated so much ground during the marriage equality era where everyone had to pretend they were normal so that we get married. And I think we thought, you know, we thought, we thought, oh well, we'll do this performance of everyone everyone wants little designer twins and we're all normal and ties and as soon as we are right to Mary, we can go back to being absolutely horrifying and doing share impressions and you know, injecting silicon for sport. Yeah, but it doesn't work like that. The brand is ruined work Larna now.
Speaker 3: But it's not your fault, little gay boy, because it's really hard to be a man right now. It's really not fab to be a man right now, and it hasn't been for years. And I feel like the gays are just trying new things, Like what if you weren't body fascists and we were actually like, you know, I want a big boy. What if we weren't like ill Vana and like you know, you know, sampled the little Fish. It's like, what will this save me? Like, yeah, spoiler? No, I mean, y'all got your podcast, so y'all are good, y'all can cut you know, y'all can suck dick or whatever. But like some of these guys are really looking for their way in. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, whenever I meet a gay without a podcast, I get so.
Speaker 3: So I'm lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is the I guess you're gonna have to like try bisexuality.
Speaker 3: One of the drag names is mortgage memoir.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 2: What I What I love about what I love about this topic, Harry, is that we keep getting farther and farther away from skinny new development. You have now theorized about every every No, I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, like skinny was the gay standing, and because it is the gay standard and the stocks is down.
Speaker 2: It's straight now. Yes, Okay, Okay, I get it again, Yes, okay.
Speaker 3: I and I feel like gaze of all. You know, Actually I shouldn't just say gazball stripes. I should say that skinny gaze feel more down for big boys now. They're talking about it on Twitter very loudly and performatively, and I think that they I think it's a matter of being seen as having more large ass.
Speaker 1: H But.
Speaker 2: I'll say largest, great drag name, please welcome largeness.
Speaker 1: So this is complicated for me, of course. Well Sam has always been in Big Boys. Yeah, sort of been my whole vibe like a big boy. I can't help myself.
Speaker 2: You feel like it's getting more popularized in a way where you were like, oh, I saw Arcade fire at Sasquatch in you know, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Literally like, wait, you never even listen to their EP? You don't care. No, I'm sort of like I'm just being like, I'm taking a back seat. I'm like, you know, I'm letting everyone else discover on their own time. And I'm sort of, you know, I would say not, I think it is a bit desperate. It's because it's not being into big boys. It's the branding about being into big boys that's embarrassing. So I'm sort of letting them sort of shame themselves and embarrass themselves and then and then silently, you know, I'm sort of quiet luxurying my my interests.
Speaker 3: Are you a feeder?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not a feeder. Okay, but celebrate the community, of course.
Speaker 3: Of course, you don't want them to show their work. Come complete, Okay, come as you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's wait, I want to look at the I have the list in front of me. We are going to pick one on air.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will say. Drag Brunch is already jumping out.
Speaker 2: I know I love drag Bunch and we're already talking about drag.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure I've even actually been to a drag brunch because that's how straight it is. It's like it's so not for us. Yeah, but it is the girls they are working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, is that what we're gonna do. Drag brunch is big. I mean, I do love kindness and being supportive. I do love male actors because you are so right that the deification of like and by the way, I love these men. But you know, al Pacino, Robert de Nier like to be like, my favorite actor is al Pacino.
Speaker 3: So straight, I to quote Joan Didion, it's not a part of my world. It's not. Yeah, like I I there are male actresses.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yes, this is okay. So I'll have this theory that basically acting shouldn't be by gender. It should be like best Butcher performance, bestem performance, best twink performance, best bear performance, and like you can be Judy Dench and you can be giving a bear performance, or you can be it's with a bear smile, or you can be Oscar Isaac and you can be giving like a high fem performance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know, I like this.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, so let's all right, Well even male actors, I think like, because there's one thing where it's the greats and then the other thing where it's like obsessing over Paul Rudd. Yes, it's like, yes, he's like always good. Sure, it's like what is this, Like, why is he? Why are you so obsessed with him? Like he's just sort of a like average handsome guy.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're doing male actors. I'm I'm declaring it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, great, all which of your peers do you hate? Well, you're doing what in my mind drag race, wouldn't you're validating my status as an acting authority?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Well, or perhaps you're minting it Ooh okay.
Speaker 2: I think okay, So all right, there's old actors. There's like Marlon Brando, standum, and then from that like basically anything related to the Godfather, you know what I mean, like Robert you know, output basically all the Italians. So I think that's a big part of like Dad actors. Dad's like yeah. And then there's the more contemporary, BuzzFeed tinged sensibility of like Ryan Goslin, Yes, and and again Paul Meskal, the Timothy Shallow, like the boy of the Internet's boyfriend that.
Speaker 1: Kind of thing, you know what I mean, which that to me is like the weirder one currently.
Speaker 3: Well, the Internet boyfriend thing is an arc type that is being just stated in this age that we mentioned but I mentioned of it being unfashionable to be a man. This is the new minted masculinity of like I hate to say it, but like I can't phrase it any other way, Like in order to become an Internet boyfriend of the week, you have to like have it stipped on your forehead, like I'm not going to rape you. Like that is what it takes to be a heart throb. And is that fab right? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Wow, there is something Okay, there's something about Timothy Chalomy's current vibe yeh, which I do think is almost going against internet boy friend where it is sort of being like, wait, he's being like nasty, he's.
Speaker 2: Being toxic nasty. Yeah, he's dating Kendle. I mean it's he sort of wants to have it both ways because he wants to be you know, wearing the yellow suit and the vest without a T shirt and be so twink, but then he also wants to be dating up Kardashian and saying he wants to be the next Robert de Niro and having the sort of almost machismo. It is a twink. It is machismo but through a twink lens, which actually is one of the most dangerous kinds.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I mean this positions him to be cuge. Yeah, like I mean he is huge. He I think he's on his way to being when it rages.
Speaker 2: Him into being like Leo, because that's what Leo. Leo Wasimo through a twin lens, and then he just had to sort of age in a kind of you know, we have this theory created by our friend Olivia. You can either age dry or age wet, and Leo aged wet, which actually gives you more gravitas.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I feel that like there's something about him where his beginning was very like I'm androgynist, I have stamped on my forehead like I'm safe, And now it's like, oh, he's actually been like no, actually I'm I'm actually proud to be a man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's like good that I'm a man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's refreshing all this fracas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, there's something to it, but it is it's like a it feels like a new it feels like a new change in culture.
Speaker 3: I mean, honey, it's like if you're going to be a man with all the options to not be a man in front of you, like if you're going to choose this, choose it, commit commit This is drag. I do think we have.
Speaker 2: There are various men that signify this transitional period between BuzzFeed, twink and then new masculinity, and I think a big one is Glenn Powell. Glenn Powell is someone that came along and they actually do on him to be an old fashioned man, but they're not ready to hard launch that yet, so they'll make him like they're making a little more silly and be a little more Internet's boyfriend, you know. But then at some point he's gonna, you know, go mel Gibson.
Speaker 1: He's literally like like a little dog on a leash, right Yeah, in a way where I'm like set him free totally. I want to know what's bad about him?
Speaker 3: What do you want to see from a man on screen? Like I feel like as gay people, we don't think about it. I know, I know, I don't care, You're right, I don't really care. I mean, like I can think of the exceptions to the rule. Like have you ever seen like John Cassavetti's husbands that is male actress down that is like, you know, masculinity like kind of like crumbling before like Mike and Nicky. Yeah, Like I love when it's just like the guy is becoming so much of a guy that he's like collapsing under the weight of how much of the guy he is, and there it's like it's like kind of pussy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I love that. I need to kick out like Adam Driver for that sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it has to be done right.
Speaker 1: It has to be done right.
Speaker 3: Are you saying he's not doing it right.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that when directed correctly, such as by Limna Dunham, he is doing it right. And I actually think it's not a coincidence that Mikey and Nicki is also directed by women. I think that there need to be more men directed by women in the way that you know, men have meant not to be so feminism one oh one, Like I'm writing an op ed for Mary Claire. But but I do think some of the great male performances are directed by women and none of them are ever acknowledged as like in the because everyone just wants.
Speaker 3: Francis Ford Coppola.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Adam Driver in Girls is a better male performance than Leonardo DiCaprio in the Revenant period.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's true.
Speaker 1: My empty bottle.
Speaker 3: Do you not agree with that? I just feel as though one is in service of something else that the other one is not in service, And I'm forming this idea in real time. Leonardo DiCaprio's performance in the Revenant is all about difficulty. It's all about arduousness. It's all about like recreating freezing on the Titanic, but you're just like freezing inside.
Speaker 2: In a bear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, inside of the corpse of the bear.
Speaker 2: Well, where do I sign up?
Speaker 3: And I feel as though it's about suffering alone in the wilderness. And I feel like Adam Driver's performance and Girls is so memorable, particularly to us, because it wasn't just about like a certain kind of man that was recognizable. It was like a certain kind of man in relation to a certain kind of woman. And it's yes being directed by the had done him, but it's also like acting off of her. And this idea that you know, this elusive, chauvinistic, magnetic, hot kind of straight guy actually really wanted the like complicated pussy like that was like revelatory for us. And I feel like I'm unable to see his performance outside of the thing that I learned about what guys want, like new guys like guys of my generation. Once I learned it, got myself a complicated pussy hitting.
Speaker 2: And he taught you that you have Adam driver to think for that for your self actualization.
Speaker 3: Had Leana done him right now?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Wait, seriously, I would love this.
Speaker 3: No, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you can't use like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I almost did it.
Speaker 2: Here's my question for you. Should men only be in theater and not unscreened?
Speaker 3: I live? You know what I mean? Well, yeah, because the screen is like the soul, The screen is inside I don't I don't want to go inside right this. I want you to do something like for me at least to me at most, And you can get that in life performance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I want to see it from a safe distance, but I want to feel a little bit of a fear of like he might come in and come out and punch me in the face.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But also like the I feel like the gaze of theater like a z like the audience like that's cruel in one way. In the gaze of the camera is cruel. In another way, I think the cruel gaze of the camera brings something like really cool out of women. But it's also like a gaze that women are trained and conditioned to exist under, which is why like gay guys love actresses because they just do it. But I think that men can sort of function in a similar way under the gaze of theater because it's not like an institutional like gays that you could write about and like, you know, the cultural criticism of like you know, like the male gaze, Like it's like this, it's the thing that exists everywhere, like the theater one. It's like we're all just here now looking at you. And you're a guy, and you're supposed to be a leader, and you're supposed to deliver, and you're supposed to you know, make the people come together. What are you going to do right now? Impress us? I feel like guys can do something special with that, and I want to see them do it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also think there's something about, Okay, we give women just this small screen and they can make a world out of it. Like it's like I could do you know, a close up of Cape Blanchette and she's doing so much with her eyes on her face and whatever. And then with men, it's like the stage like them being on in public and taking up space.
Speaker 3: That's what they want. Like it's more of like a sport.
Speaker 2: It's more of like a yeah, it's more of a sport. Yeah, And you want to see them just like take up, go high, go wide.
Speaker 1: Well, it's their drag queen.
Speaker 3: But that's what men used to do on screen before Marlon Brando. Yeah, before Marlon Brando. We're like see like we had like there was like this element of like male drag. But you know, Marlon Renno is the one that kind of like you know, just like brought it all down to this naturalism thing and like changed the way people saw acting and created a whole new set of expectations for like, hey everyone, but be like specifically the guys. It's like if you give me nothing, you are giving me everything. That's like and we are still kind of under that rock. I mean, I think I read this thing about Nick Cage how he just like doesn't do that, and like that's why he's amazing. He's like he's a male actress.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gonna bring him up.
Speaker 3: One long legs. A girl don't even get heard about long legs. Her crossy team. We need to long legs. There needs to be an investigation, investigation and transvestigation investigation. Yeah, legs, you want to talk about silicon in a phase? Bitch?
Speaker 1: That movie I felt so gas lip by sort of the entire world.
Speaker 2: I completely agree.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, this maybe this is straight culture. There's this new thing I feel like in horror movies and other things where it's like, no, like the devil is real, like like like dark magic is real, Like this is actually not a story about like you know, a man's curdling insanity in a basement or yes, and the devil is also real, like yeah. I watched it with Ludwig, my boyfriend, and I turned him after and I was like, okay, wait, so he was a bioterrorist, like like like the black powder smoke coming out of the head of the doll was like anthrax that makes people kill people, like it's the devil. I could not accept. Yeah, I just it's not a part of my part of.
Speaker 2: It's stories. I So I felt this way with The Witch and with Hereditary, where I was like, wait a minute, after all that, and listen, I'm great films. Okay, well, Hereditary, I stand listen, I great again, great films. Talk about an actress Tony you I am your mother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: I'd like to see dstin Hoffman do that, but I yeah, don't come for him.
Speaker 3: Not to say, Honey?
Speaker 2: Did say was sort of the long legs of her generation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Devil made him do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but didn't you expect both the Witch and Hereditary that there would be some heightened that it wouldn't just be literally about No.
Speaker 1: You're right, there's like it's like get out of jail free card in a way where you're like, Okay, let's do another draft, like let's find a real just hi.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like I don't mind it in a classic like the Extor Sister Rosemary's Baby, it just has to be done with so much glamour and so much precision and so such good writing that, I mean, you have to write better than the Bible, Honey, in order to really get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, miss ari Astor, you have to write better than the Bible, girl.
Speaker 3: Now I know. I listen. I'm actually did you see the trailer for her new movie?
Speaker 2: I no, I haven't, I haven't.
Speaker 3: I should. I have very high expectations of our master, and I am really excited that he's coming out with a movie that takes place in twenty twenty. Because I've been sitting here like since twenty twenty, being like when are we gonna Why is no Budy? I don't know now about twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: It's like a pandemic movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's very much about like I don't actually know the plot, but based on the trailer, it's like somebody scrolling in twenty twenty. It was Joaquin Phoenix scrolling in twenty twenty, and it's like Emma Stone and.
Speaker 2: Dro Pascal's very like this because I did say one screenshot that's like, you know, some influencer posting about like twenty twenty protests or something. Yeah, like it's like making fun of that sort of the air of cancelation of that summer, and you know, we were all in a dark place.
Speaker 3: Maybe we don't have to talk about it right here, but like somebody, like somebody so like lyrically misanthropic as Ariasca could actually do something. Yeah, And I'm kind of sacked. I'm also just kind of saying this because like there's a twenty twenty movie that like me and a friend were really like adapting from something and like kind of working on and we sort of like soft trotted it out a little bit. But this was in like twenty twenty two, and it was just resolutely like, the girls are not ready for twenty twenty. The girls are not ready to go back, And I'm curious if a really cool film could take the scales on that.
Speaker 2: I do think it's gonna happen. It's like when people started making post nine to eleven movies.
Speaker 1: But there's still I feel like, like, what's a good nine to eleven movie?
Speaker 2: Well, unfortunately all of them flopped. Well a good nine eleven movie is Margarette, but all of them? Yes, Yes, Who's gonna make the Margarette of Covid of like twenty twenty at covid?
Speaker 3: Because that is what I want to see. Kenneth Lonergan, I'm sorry for calling you stride it.
Speaker 1: Have you seen it?
Speaker 3: No, It's like one of my favorite movies. Oh watch the three and a half hour director's cut. It's like I went up to I don't do this. I went up to end UPAC went at the Vanity for Oscar Party, and I was just like, Margaret is one of my favorite movies. Don't go up to a celebrity and say something like that unless you're sure it's something that they don't hear every day, Yeah, because they will live if like you have the thing that they don't hear every day, if you do, you know, was.
Speaker 2: She happy to hear that from you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's nice, heaven, It's yeah.
Speaker 2: So I I wanna. I'm like, I want to get to a grand theory of male acting because I do think this is such a rich topic.
Speaker 1: Well okay, yeah, I think part of the issue is that it's like they're almost there as the they're like a set piece, like it's less of a like it does feel like they are the the ground and for the actress to.
Speaker 2: This is what we're saying a genius because here's okay, you see a poster for a movie, okay, and it's all men in suits and then one woman in like a low cut dress. The conventional critique of that is like, look at fucking Hollywood. They it's all men and there's so funerals for women, which of course I get. But what I see is that everyone else is a set and this is a one woman show.
Speaker 3: We're featuring other featuring.
Speaker 2: It's like it's her it's like American Hustle, and it's it's Jennifer Lawrence. It's time for her to basically have a variety of interactions with men that are kind of like wooden and like don't say much, and then it's time for her to be like listen to me, little boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then her doing that over this just like Sunday morning that it doesn't sound much fun for the male actors. Is it that they exact so much that it doesn't matter?
Speaker 2: No, I do wonder that. I'm like, it seems so much more fun to be an actress than That's why.
Speaker 1: Like Leo, it's sort of an actress. He's like, I will do a movie with a bear totally because I can't have I can't be background for an actress.
Speaker 2: Which actors are actresses?
Speaker 3: Nicholas Cage, Nicholas Cage, it's literally like name an actor.
Speaker 2: Like Sebastian Stan. Sure, I think Sebastian Stan is an actress.
Speaker 3: Her snatch game in a different man. Yeah, did you see that was tight? I did not know that was she in the prosthetiques. I could not she was.
Speaker 2: How a soulka clock. She was being so long legs in that film.
Speaker 3: Yes, clearly, like delights in versatility, like like she delights in okay, playing a range, what are you taking me?
Speaker 1: Strong?
Speaker 3: This is tough because it's like she has a complicated, fractured subjectivity that is actress.
Speaker 1: Like, yes, exactly, that's true. Okay, Yeah, she's giving and she's torn apart in the media.
Speaker 2: Of course, so it's like many women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I oh, do you know who lars Ideger is? No, he's like he's like eure Vian like he does like art movies in theater and I'm sorry, no, no, this is super but like if you saw him, you would like recognize his face. He does do some Hollywood he was in like the of that. Oh as like the actors he's crazy, okay, favorite actors.
Speaker 2: Being written a note being.
Speaker 1: Written a note?
Speaker 2: Oh oh, or now that's interesting slic.
Speaker 1: Mickey note.
Speaker 3: You know, long legs are sort of reheating. Make your works, not make your work?
Speaker 2: I think, I think? Okay, do you think make your work? In the wrestler was being actor or actress?
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it either, So George, what do you think you're the only Also do you.
Speaker 2: Think Darren Aronofsky is a male or female director.
Speaker 3: Female for making Black Swan male, basing it off of perfect blue snatches period.
Speaker 1: I don't know what what gender? Mother?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what gender? You? Okay? Mother, go well this is a sidebar, mother, No I can't. I don't know. I just love Jennifer Lards just like just like like, well baby, like that's the vibe. Yeah, yeah, that engrossing.
Speaker 2: The sink when when her sink is embraced, do you remember that's a big part of it is people keep breaking her sink, keep heap sitting on the sink and breaking it.
Speaker 1: I mean nothing, but that's talk top Kristen Wiggs performance. Of course, I forgot about Christmas. Oh my god, yeah, what a what a beautiful performance.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I'm trying to think of male actresses. I'm trying.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's so tough.
Speaker 3: It's really put you on the spot, and we really put.
Speaker 1: You on the spot.
Speaker 2: Huge Jackman. Oh you know that's more complicated. Hugh Jackman's relationship to gender and sexuality is something we are not going to speak out about.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: Although now I do actually think he's in love with Sutton Foster.
Speaker 1: But do you think he actually is? Yes, Okay, mystery solved.
Speaker 3: Misjeff Manning, I think.
Speaker 1: But his okay, Like, what's weird about him? Is playing Wolverine for so long?
Speaker 2: I think Jake Joenhall is an actress. Oh sure, I think Jake Jollen Hall and like oak Ja, I think Jake Jillen Hall in Uh and Prisoners, Like he's not afraid to emote and he's not afraid to go full Jennifer Lawrence and.
Speaker 1: Mother Well, and when he is playing like a really masculine man, it like reminds me of like, you know, when Demi Moore shaves her head, yes or whatever. It's like I'm like, wow, he he can even be a man, like I had no idea.
Speaker 3: Adrian Brodie gave actress and the Brutalist and he gave actress winning for it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah that was so actress coded. No I live? Yeah? No?
Speaker 3: Literally, why are all penises prosthetics?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 1: Started like what happened to Bravery?
Speaker 3: Whatever happened to Cock? What I'm the wrong person?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Whatever happened to unreal Cock?
Speaker 1: I'm literally like why is it illegal to show a real dick on screen?
Speaker 2: And also it's like, okay, you don't want to show it, don't show it, don't don't mess with me. I'm not going to like write, I'm not going to complain if there's no cock in a film.
Speaker 3: I'm like, it's not okay. But do you think that they're making the prosthetics for the actors like their cock sight unseen or do you think they're Is it like a weird part of casting where they're like looking at the actor and being like, this is the cock.
Speaker 1: No, they are making gigantic cocks just left and right, and they are not They are not trying. They're not going for realism at all. They're going for Humphrey Bogart, not Marlon Brando when it comes to their cock prosthetics and it's kissing me. There's also this.
Speaker 2: Lack of uh, it's like not interacting with the actual reality of what flaccid versus erect looks like, what a cock in repose looks like.
Speaker 1: I am like, have you guys seen this before? Like they don't look like that.
Speaker 2: It's actually sort of the opposite of you know, men not being able to write women and like, you know, doing some I don't know, being like, oh, she she's on her period or something. It's like why, Okay, so if everyone involved is a man, why don't they know what a penis?
Speaker 3: And like, shouldn't somebody having a huge cock be like dramaturgically informed in the character. I feel like, you know, huge cocks are rare, and huge cock personalities are rare, and I feel like the vibe of all of these huge cock prosthetics are like, well, this is what they want to see, Like we want to see a huge cock, but like, I don't know, Like Drew Starky's character in Queer, It's like, is that really like a huge cock character? Yeah? Like I mean, I get that he's like sexually desirable, but like I love, I love the idea that the sexual obsession that you know, Craig's character has for this character could exist for somebody with like a normal cock, for even a small cock, because it's not about the cock, it's about the straight Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would say that is one of the major flaws in that film is that he is written as having a medium to small cock, like in the book or in the film, just like the character is written as having a medium to small cock, and that is the effect he would have on a Daniel Craig I actually think Daniel Craig would be like put like it's afraid of a larger cock. Yes, in fact in reality, by the way, speaking of giant Cox, Willem Dafoe is an actress.
Speaker 1: Oh great, great point.
Speaker 3: I was across the Delta one aisle from him, flying to la for Oscar weekend, and I really just like wanted to say something, but I could not summon the like deep cut. I literally looked at my letter box watch and I couldn't. Like I thought about being like, oh like I watched Anti Christ like alone in my living room at like eleven thirty PM when I was fourteen, during that period where I was watching scary movies to try to desensitize myself from fear of the dark, like I you know, thought about but I just couldn't because I respect him so much. And then I didn't shoot my shot. And yeah, I may never get that chance.
Speaker 1: Oh you will.
Speaker 3: One time when I was when I was at school, I was like the Colubia Quad. I was like walking to like my morning class at like eight am, and he was sitting on the steps of the library with a coffee like in the sun with his eyes closed. It was just really sweet.
Speaker 2: That's actress behavior.
Speaker 3: I didn't say anything then, and I didn't say anything the second time, but like, well he's a listener, so if you want to send him the message really actually, Willem Defoe, thanks beautiful, thank you.
Speaker 1: There's something so Lana del Ray lyric coded about saying I was sitting across from him in the Delta one lounge, and.
Speaker 3: Sitting across from the Delta one lounge is the men in Hollywood business?
Speaker 1: Yeah, should we do our final thing?
Speaker 2: We have to, even though all I want is to keep talking. I know, I mean to bring up Antichrist within a conversation about cox and prosthetics, and then we can't even.
Speaker 3: Do you Have you seen Anti Christ?
Speaker 2: There is full a close up of penetration, but they used porn actors to film it, even though Willem Defoe very famously has a very large penis.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is like a sort of Hollywood lore.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, and I want to shout out to Lars Montreer for Niphomaniac showing you know that watched with my stepdad and.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 1: You know, that was a lot of real talks, and I said, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to the Dogma movement. We're doing that for podcasting, so we get it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the way that I was guarded for Nifomniac one and two, I was like, I am I'm sad.
Speaker 2: You know on what Uma Thurman? There's no time. Actually, Uma Thurman is actress being actor being actress, and I'm not going to elaborate on that.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's later, Victoria. Yeah, no, it's lon And Okay, should we do our final sag?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, what is the Joe DiDio quote.
Speaker 3: That it's not a part of my world?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Our final segment was called shout Outs, and in this segment we pay homage to the grand straight tradition of the radio shout out, shouting out to anything people place these things ideas just something that we like and I can we make them up on the spot, George, that's a part of that.
Speaker 2: We make them up on the spot.
Speaker 1: Kick us off.
Speaker 3: I want to give a shout.
Speaker 2: Out to Checkof's string cheese.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: You know everyone's been wondering is it going to be eaten by the end of the episode, because that is of course what check Off string Cheese means. And I'm here to tell you that I'm going to take a huge bite Lady Gaga style on air. Oh my god, absolutely delicious. Thank you so much for everyone that has made this moment possible.
Speaker 3: And shout out to string Trees.
Speaker 2: Honestly one of the most underrated an accident not.
Speaker 1: Underrated by me, right in the top five. I go, Okay, what's up, presuchs and perverts around the globe. I want to give a huge shout out to the raw sensuality of riding a New York subway and seeing someone across the train and be like, oh, let's try to make eyes and then be like, what am I doing? I'm running link my podcast? Why am I making eyes a stranger across the subway? And then be like, because it's New York and anything can happen. And I was feeling yes, I was running late, but when I eventually found peace, and I said, but you know, at least I seeing someone hot in this train, and that changes so much for Ondes day. And you know, in LA you don't see anyone hot because they're in cars, and here you see people who are hot every damn second, and it's almost overwhelming. So I want to give a huge shout out to that feeling.
Speaker 3: Whoa you know where you don't see people who are hot?
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 3: All right, ladies, gentlemen say them's and germs and everyone else. I want to shout out to Midtown in the middle of the morning. It is always two thousand and four. You are in Tyra Banks's New York. You are inside of Heidi Clewtman, Tim Blanks's New York. You are on your Suddenly I see Andy Sacks. You have somewhere to be. You are in a hat, you are drinking coffee out of a blue Greek coffee club, and you are on Broadway. How dare the diners are open? Pods in the diners? Wow? That was stunning.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Harry, thank you so much for doing the pod. This has been a real true This has.
Speaker 2: Been an absolute delight. Thank you for uh being gracious with us being late. Thank you for bringing literally upwards of twelve topics. Thank you for doing Joan Didion as share.
Speaker 1: That was really inspired. And if that doesn't get you drag race, then like someone's head will roll, Hi, I cannot.
Speaker 2: I actually, I'm actually so annoyed that that that you have not been on Dragon.
Speaker 1: No, there's just no justice in this time.
Speaker 3: No. I but I have so much respect for like rupe Paul's sensibility and like the people that like enter Rupeaul's algorithm, Like I know that I have not entered that, and I don't want to be on there till I do. I earned it.
Speaker 2: Wait until she sees a real an Instagram reel of you doing Joe Didion as share because that phone is going.
Speaker 3: To be ringing. Mama, I don't know. Get your ass to Midtown for another blowout.
Speaker 1: Girls, it's not Susie too, it's saying your cerebral.
Speaker 3: Sasha bealor before her. Well, yes, thank you so much for having me. I am promoting absolutely nothing right, that's a huge shout out. I mean, you know there are secrets, but I can't. There's a secret.
Speaker 2: There's always secrets, and if you're in the no keep being the lookout for those secrets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, follow me?
Speaker 1: Okay, Bye bye podcast and now want more?
Speaker 2: Subscribe to our Patreon for two extra episodes a month, discord access and more by heading to patreon dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash Stradio lab.
Speaker 1: And for all our visual earners, free full length video episodes are available on our YouTube now.
Speaker 3: Get Back to Work.
Speaker 1: Stradia Lab is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Created and hosted by George Severis and Sam Taggart.
Speaker 1: Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hans Sony and Olivia Aguilar.
Speaker 2: Co produced by Beay Wang, edited.
Speaker 1: And engineered by Adam Avalos.
Speaker 2: Artwork by Michael Philes and Matt Gruff.
Speaker 1: Theme music by Ben Kling.