Speaker 1: This speaker works.
Speaker 2: Let's go on this episode of the Heat Check.
Speaker 3: It's unfortunate and it's sad because I love the drama. But unfortunately, Kevin Duran has changed his mind. He's going back to Brooklyn. He is committed to winning a franchise championship with this franchise.
Speaker 1: At least for now. Do I think it's the end? Come on, stop it. So we break down this news.
Speaker 3: We look into Golden State's latest diamond in the rough, Patrick Baldimore Junior. We break down Lebron James's new contract what that means for his future, look at the impact of chet Holmgren's injuries that might have on pro ams, and of course, discuss the shady shady moves that the Chicago Bulls just made.
Speaker 1: So do me a favor and Brock drop that beat.
Speaker 3: Hm. I don't know about you, but I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed in what could have been. It's like when you see that smoke show at the bar and you're like, yeah, your friends tell you they seem great, you meet them, and then you're just like, hmm, it's just not it's just not gonna this is not gonna work. All that excitement, all that anticipation just to lead to a god damn zero just nothing, just nothingness.
Speaker 1: You've wasted our summer KD. God damn it.
Speaker 3: I've been waiting and hoping and wishing for a trade to go down, and now you're running it back with Ben Simmons at the Five Nets. Have somehow convinced Kevin Durant to stick around in Brooklyn after he was ten toes down on this trade request. No Jo sigh, I won out, no idea what was said, no idea what kind of bargain was struck.
Speaker 1: But they were. He was as swashed, for sure, he was as swashed.
Speaker 3: The one thing that we know, the trade request has at this point been rescinded, and he is and they are quote willing to move forward with their partnership with one goal in mind to bring a championship to Brooklyn. If you're saying to yourself, yawn, if you're bored by this, if you think it was better when we had all all of his KD trade rumors with every single team under the land, I've got news for you.
Speaker 1: You think this is over, no shot.
Speaker 3: If you think that it's just all rainbows and roses and carrots and peas. No, no, come on, We've got some of the most problematic, chaotic players on one roster under one roof, playing for one of the least experienced coaches in all of basketball. You think this is gonna just calm down, stop it. This is what happened. Okay, this is the analogy that I have. So it's like when a guy and a girl have been living together and they're supposed to be doing this for the long term. All of a sudden, the guy says, hey, I don't want to be with you anymore. I don't want to be in a relationship period anymore. I know that we've had no problems, I know we have one hiccup, And the girl's.
Speaker 1: Like, no, no, it's not fair to the relationship and what we've built. You have to try to make this work. Come on, let's stick to it. Just give me, like one more year.
Speaker 3: Our lease is up, our leases up next summer. Let's have this conversation.
Speaker 1: Maybe in May, and they begrudgingly agree.
Speaker 3: Do you think that he really still wants to be with you after you've basically forced him into staying together for respecting what you guys have built.
Speaker 1: No, it's just one hiccup. I promise, he told the nets.
Speaker 3: Listen, the only way I'm gonna stop, the only way I'll stay with you is if you stop hanging out with all your friends and you disavow your entire family. And she was like, not gonna do that, but I still think we should stay together.
Speaker 1: He has not changed his mind.
Speaker 3: Oh baby, come on, think about the guys on this team, Kyrie Irving, Ben's Simmons just chit chatting in Kevin Durant's ears. These are two guys that are steadfast and they're in their decisions. Kyrie Irving, he was not getting vaccinated. Oh baby, was not happening, no matter what, No matter if James Harden forced his way out, Kyrie wasn't changed in his mind. Ben Simmons, I'm out. I'm not playing another fucking game for these Sixers. K D in this situation is the rational one. They're gonna be egging him on.
Speaker 1: Bro, you should you should do what's best for you, bro.
Speaker 3: Like I know you, I know you love basketball, but maybe you don't have to come in three hours early like usual. The seeds of dissension are here, they are growing, they are not squashed. And if you're Joe Sigh and you think that it's just all good. Now, listen, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 3: Drama follows Kyrie wherever he goes, from Boston, Cleveland, now here in Brooklyn. Like he's a revolutionary in his mind. He's not gonna let anything go slide. Ben Simmons, like I said, he's firm in his beliefs. Like if you think that these three aren't gonna have troubles and perils between them, let alone against the organization, they could stage a coup. These are Kd's consiglieris, these are his advice givers. And I tell you what, they're not nearly as reasonable as Kevin. The relationship to me is too fractured. There is no coming back.
Speaker 1: Kevin has four years left on his contract.
Speaker 3: You think he's gonna there is no shot he remains as a net the duration of this contract. Too many things have been done, too many things have been said. So how do we get to the point where Kevin Durant said, yeah, fuck it, I'll just come back.
Speaker 1: He has no leverage. There's no leverage. Baby, Baby, you want to go and every time.
Speaker 3: You tell the world you're steadfast and going it brings your price down, our price remains here, and we get further and further from moving you. So just help us out and stay committed to the franchise at least a little bit so that we can move your ass. Please let us fleece the rest of the league.
Speaker 1: Right, We've got who is to blame?
Speaker 3: It's a move that was. It shut the whole leak down. This move, it stopped the entire NBA in its tracks. Trade stopped moving completely to a standstill.
Speaker 1: It was about as.
Speaker 3: It was about as chaotic and as dramatic as the first player to get COVID in the NBA. So, of course, the person to blame for this blunder yet again is Rudy Gobert. It's Rudy Gobert again, like always, if Minnesota didn't overpay for Rudy Gobert, five first round picks, a bunch of young players. If that deal doesn't get done, Kevin Durant is a Phoenix Sun if that deal doesn't get done, Kevin Durant is trying poutine out in Toronto. If that deal doesn't get done, Kevin Durant is like I'm beneath Oah Miami. He is loving life drinking mohedos in Little Havanah right now, Like that is what stopped this deal. Don't sleep because the rest of the league looked at that deal and we're like, oh, well, if Rudy Goberrit commends that, then man, Kevin Durant's got it. I don't even know what that deal looks like. Ten first round picks and an All NBA player or two All stars, Like nobody has that King's ransom and so of course, after this Katie News dropped, Patrick Beverley, another guy who is known for being a shitster sewing dissension, decided to take his frustrations out on Twitter on Kevin Durant. He said, y'all can sit and don't say nothing, but that ain't cool. It's dudes with families out here who haven't got a job because of this KD shit and to be on and off ain't cool. Blessing gang that is unnecessary on Twitter.
Speaker 1: That is really a lot there.
Speaker 3: Kevin Durant, of course quote tweeted it had some fun hashtag blame KD.
Speaker 1: Blame KD for everything, Blame KD. I think.
Speaker 3: He also tweeted something today and said shout out to the tough guys who always take the tough road.
Speaker 1: It's just like Kevin Durant is like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to leave a bad situation. In terms of the aftermath, Brooklyn Nets are currently one of the top four favorites to win it All. You got KD, got Kyrie, you got Ben Simmons, who might play five? Who is quote unquote going to be unlocked? I hope his back is unlocked. Patty Mills, Joe Harris, Royce, O'Neill, TJ Warren. I hope his foot's okay. He has not played a game since the Bubble. I don't know what that I mean, Kevin. Basically, Ben Simmons hasn't played a game since the Bubble either, and he didn't even play in the I'm here to tell you no shot this team wins the title.
Speaker 1: None.
Speaker 3: Don't don't spend your money on this measly little plus seven hundred bet, no shot, the Hodgepodge, the gumbo pot of drama. That this team is no fucking way, no fucking way. Ask anyone, if you have access to anyone who's ever won a title, ask them.
Speaker 1: Everybody who's ever.
Speaker 3: Won one, says the number one ingredient is not talent. It's not a roster of guys who compliment one another. It's chemistry, it's camaraderie. Do you think this team has camaraderie? Do you think this team has chemistry unless they are in a full blown anti establishment coup against the Brooklyn Nets where they're winning a title just to say fuck you to the Brooklyn Nets. I don't think there's anything that coalesces and congeals this team to win a title. Imagine when shit gets hard in January, what are they about to do? They're gonna turn towards each other.
Speaker 1: Do you think they're gonna turn towards each other?
Speaker 3: Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant and Ben Simmons are gonna be like, let's lock in.
Speaker 1: Bro Let's lock in no shots.
Speaker 3: Too much stuff has happened Kyrie in the vaccinations, Kyrie and the Walkabout with Cynthia Nixon, former Sex and the City Star on zoom calls to try to get her elected. You've got Kyrie going on walk about to his sister's birthday party. You got the James Harden trade, you got the second James Harden trade. You have the Kevin Durant injury. You have the Ben Simmons situation. I'm exhausted by this. You've got Kyrie and KD going on podcasts saying that they don't have a coach of the team. You've got obviously Kevin Durant saying, fuck these two guys, fire them. I hate Steve Nash, i hate Sean Marks. I'm not staying unless they get fired. You fired my best friend and coach who's my trainer. There is no shot. And if you're Steve Nash as awkward. This is an awkward thing from start to finish. The star player who you used to be called Yoda, he used to call you his Yoda, wanted you to lose your job. And now you have to coach that guy. And you have to also expect him to listen. He's already not listening. They tune him out already on the sidelines.
Speaker 1: It is gonna be so spicy. This is almost better than a trade.
Speaker 3: It's a cold war now, baby, there's nothing better than a cold war inside the NBA, where everyone's watching, everyone's dissecting. You're listening to every presser when they throw shade at Steve Nash, when there's a bad rotation, or they throw shade at Sean Marks when they ask, just like they asked Lebron last year, do you think this and it's gonna happen all the time. Do you think this froster is good enough to win an NBA title? Do you think you have enough right now to go against the likes of Jannisnto de Compo, Chris Middleton.
Speaker 1: And Drew Holliday.
Speaker 3: Do you think you have enough right now to beat Jason Tatum and Jylen Brown. Do you think you have enough right now to beat Steph and Clay and Draymond and the whole.
Speaker 1: Rest of the league. Do you have enough right now?
Speaker 3: And if they say no, that's a direct correlation, a direct shot to what Sean Marks has not achieved. You gave up Jared Allen, Karris Lavert, Torrian Prince multiple first round picks to get Ben Simmons, Seth Curry and Andre Drummond.
Speaker 1: That was the deal. So this year is going to be amazing. I cannot wait.
Speaker 3: I and Lebron when he said all that he was committed to the Lakers, We'll talk about his contract a little bit later.
Speaker 1: You have all of this while you know someone actively.
Speaker 3: Wanted out but had no leverage, so they were like, ah, we're in this lease anyway.
Speaker 1: I don't want to move my couch. This is hard to move. Like. I kind of like that plant.
Speaker 3: I don't know if my next apartment is going to get this much Latin natural light. That fig fiddle leaf looks good in that spot. I don't really want to fuck with it right now. Maybe until I find just the right apartment, I'll stay here.
Speaker 1: We can sleep in separate bedrooms. It's no problem. But I'm not watching Love Island with you at night. I'm done. This is far from over all. I have to say.
Speaker 3: This is far from over It's only getting worse. It's I mean, we're only better for us in the meantime. Look for trades that are now gonna be flooding in the Patrick Beverly trades of the world. There's no way he's a Utah jazz for long, Patrick Beverly.
Speaker 1: Like I said Dennis Shrewder.
Speaker 3: Donovan Mitchell, I'm sure that will happen at some point soon. Julius Randall is in the mix, Russell westbrook is in the mix Spicy Spicy Spicy, and Brooklyn for the time being, is now quote unquote free agent. Destination all over again. You've got Mark Keith.
Speaker 1: Morris talking about going to the nuts. You've got Carmelo Anthony.
Speaker 3: You can't do that, Carmelo after the New York Knicks video that they made for you, or you're going home, like, what are you gonna do in another burrow? You're gonna have a different song for you coming back to New York.
Speaker 1: You can't do that. That's disrespectful.
Speaker 3: And as much as I'd like to have the biggest trade go down in history, another year of as Brooklyn turns the soap opera for a third straight year, something we can't even predict will happen. I just can't even imagine. I can't wait. And I think that's even more satisfying.