Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 1: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's called money Moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Boostmobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious boards on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister boost Mobile himself asked me to. There's nothing funny about it. Boozmobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your nearest boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speed not available in all areas. This episode of Nightcap is brought to you by colar Guard, a non invasive colon cancer screening test.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 1: Colon cancer is considered one of the most preventable, yet least prevented cancers. When called in the early stages, colon cancer has a survival rate of ninety percent, so screening and early detections are key to reducing overall colon cancer deaths. That's why the American Cancer Society recommends that if you're at average risk, you begin screening for colon cancer at age forty five, and the convenient way to do that is with coli Guard tests. The cold Guard test allows you to be in control of your colon colon cancer screening through prescription based tests delivered to your door with none of the prep that's required for colonoscopy, liquid prep, no days off, no invasive procedures, Plus colon Guard test is affordable. Most insured patients pay zero dollars and if follow up colonoscopy is needed after a positive colon guard test, this is usually covered by insurance. Also, so if you're forty five years of older and at average risk, you can ask your health care provider about screening for colon cancer with the colon Guard test. You can also request a coli guard prescription today at coli guard dot com slash podcast. The colon Guard test is intended to screen the dose forty five and order at average risk of col director cancer. Do not use COVID guard tests if you have had athenemus, have inflammatory biblesease, and certain hereditary syndromes, or personal or family district of col erectal cancer. The color Guard test is not a replacement for colonoscopies. High risk patients color Guard tests and adults forty five to forty nine, if estimated based on a large clinical study of patients fifty and older, false positive and false negatives can curve Colordgard is available by prescription only. Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap brought to you by boost Mobile. Visit your nearest boost Mobile store or boostmobile dot Com to join their nationwide five G network today.
Speaker 2: Y'all know me.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite on Shannon Shark, the Liberty City Legend, the Bingal Ring of Fame, Honorey the Pro Bowler, the Route Runner Extraordinary. That's Chad O, Joe Sinko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you for your continue to loyal support. Check out Shave by Laportier. We have it in stock. What better way to celebrate a joyous occasion than with a bottle of Shave by Laportier. Now, if you cannot find it any city or state near you, trust me, we will be coming in the coming weeks and months. Order it online, will ship it directly to your door. Lead, drink responsibly and stay safe. Go follow my media company page on all of his platforms. That's Shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. Everything it's restocked. We just dropped our Super Bowl show shirt and hat. The leak is pinned at the top of the chat. Suppliers are limited once they're gone. They're gone, so please make sure you order yours now. Joe Oh, Joe, the thunder beat the Rockets. Shade fifty one SGA his fourth fifty piece this year, and they all come in like the last six weeks. Jaquary twenty second, he had fifty four, the twenty nineth he had fifty two, February the fifth, he had fifty, and tonight he had fifty one.
Speaker 2: It is his MVP to lose as great as your Kitchen is playing, and he's playing unbelievable.
Speaker 1: SGA is the MVP. He's playing Al Stanley. He's controlling the pace of the game. Now you look at them, they're deep, Jaylen Williams. They got Cason coming off the bench. They got an Isaiah Joe coming off the bench that can defend at the high level. They got Caruso of another defender that can defend at the high level coming off the bench.
Speaker 2: We know what lou dort is a tremendous wing defender.
Speaker 1: But they got scoring out the Yan Yang with Shade tonight fifty one eighteen or thirty five and nine.
Speaker 2: For three perfect from the free throw line.
Speaker 1: Jalen Williams eight of sixteen four or five from the three point line or six from the free throw line. He had twenty one, he had twenty four, Hungerd had eleven, lou Dort had eleven, Hartenstein had eight, and then you had Wallace with fourteen. Wiggins didn't shoot the ball well tonight, but we know it's just a matter of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Rockets didn't play bad, O Joe.
Speaker 1: You know, they shot forty nine percent from the floor, forty six percent from the three, eighty two percent from the free throw line. But you allowed okay see to shoot fifty percent from the floor, forty six percent from the three, and they shot eighty nine percent from the free throw line, and they shot what ten more free throws than what you shot. Yeah, but you know, I, you know, I joke a lot about the Lakers, But man, I understand what O case he is. I'm I'm not foolish enough to like, you know, I joke with him. But you don't get to the record that they have, O Joe and not be a good ball club.
Speaker 2: They're very, very good ball club.
Speaker 1: They're very well coached, and they're starting to they believe that they're this good.
Speaker 4: You know, not only they're very world coach Not only are they a good ball club, you have a player like Sga.
Speaker 5: He's not secluded, He's not secluding the other of his teammates around him. He's the type of player when you think about a Kobe. He makes those around him better. Everybody's scoring. You gotta think he didn't got fifty to He didnet got fifty or fifty one to night and we not talk about him being selfish. You know how efficient you got to be where everybody else can still contribute to the scorecard. Yeah, and you still drop fifty one fifty.
Speaker 1: This is fourth one out a year, fourth one in the last five weeks.
Speaker 2: And this six weeks.
Speaker 5: Listen, young boy Sga is different, And like you said, it's his his award lose yep, But I don't see it. I don't see it happening. He's he's too consistent night in the night out to lose ANTP this year. I'm listening. At this point, they might as well give it to him. I'm not how many more weeks we got.
Speaker 1: Left three four a month at money watch their record, they got sixty they got twenty one game. Let's see, they played sixty one games. They got twenty one games. Left, so they got eighty two that they're fifty and eleven, so they got a twenty one games left, O Joe.
Speaker 5: You might as well just go ahead and give it to him now, yeah, and then, I mean, I mean, no disrespect what joker is doing.
Speaker 2: They might as well give it to him. Now.
Speaker 1: You look, he's playing unbelievable. Oh y'all, I mean you can't. I mean, look at his record. Okay, what are you basing it on? Team record? The number one in the Western Conference? Okay, what does his stat looks like? He I think, if I'm not mistaken, I think he's second. He might be leading the league in scoring. Not currently right, so he might be leading the league in scoring. Their office rating is out to Yin yang. He doesn't turn the ball over. He facilitates, as you mentioned, he gets everybody else involved. There's nothing not to like about this kid. And it just goes to show you, O Joe, you look at him for where he was as a rookie, and you look at how much better he's gotten from the time he's a rookie until now.
Speaker 2: That's why I say it's hard for me to believe.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that everybody's going to take a meteoric jump like him. But it's hard for me to believe that you can do something and you practice at it, that you won't get incrementally better better.
Speaker 5: You have to And now you know, we haven't talked. We talked about it. How good he is on the offensive side of the ball. You know, in his office of prowess, is a bleieger to score, putting the ball on the floor, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: We forgot to mention this defense. We've got to mention the defense. He's also playing defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's out there in steels. He does lead the league OJO this year. He has the most fifty point games with four. He has the most forty point games with nine. He has the most thirty point games thirty eight. He has the most twenty point games fifty nine. Saw he scored at least twenty points in all but two of their games. He leads the NBA in scoring by over three hundred points.
Speaker 2: So he's gonna lead the league in scoring. Now.
Speaker 1: Look, I think he, Jannis and Yoak will be unanimous MVP, excuse me, unanimous all NBA selections and rightfully so. But Shae right now, Shae is shape if he's a unanimous MVP. Oh Joe as well as Yo Kiss playing, as well as Giannas is playing.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna hold you.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna be mad at you say you name this man MVP, because that's how well he's playing, that's how well his team is playing. And so if you go back and look at it, look at what steph won unanimous MVP. They were hold. That was the year they went seventy three or nine. So with that being said, yeah, it was an unbelievable game. And like I said, Houston did played bad. Now, they did not have a Sungoon, they did not have Van Fleet, what's the Dylan Brooks didn't play. They were without a lot of their key guys. Those are three starters right there. But maybe it's a closer game. I mean they gave up one hundred and thirty seven. I mean you gave up. They gave up sixty three at the half, and then they give up a thirty nine piece, and then they give up a thirty five. So you're not gonna win very many games if you give up thirty a quarter, and that's what they gave up. They gave up. Then they gave up thirty a quarter and you're not gonna win a whole lot of games. You put them on the fire line. They shoot a bunch of free for a team. They get to the fire line. Okay, see gets to the fire line. They shot twenty seven and May twenty four, and you create you would think, like, hold on, they're shooting thirty plus threes and they still getting into the free throw line. Yeah, conchee does kaushe gonna get to lie ten to fifty the night.
Speaker 4: He's aggressive, he's a great from any big range.
Speaker 5: But hey, I'm funk you ever while you watch his game, when he gets the ball in his hands, he coming and coming up course, there's no wasting time, that's no playing with the ball. There's no at times winning played in you know, setting squeeze. But outside of that, when it's one on one, he's at you make.
Speaker 1: A move and go, yeah he's he's he's taller than you think. Yeah, he's a big guard. He's like he likes six four, so he's a big point. Six y four is short in the NBA. You know that, not for a point?
Speaker 2: It ain't do you think? So, no point?
Speaker 4: You got point guard six seven to six eight, Bring.
Speaker 1: Them you talk about Luca, You talking about Luca Kyrie.
Speaker 2: Ain't that tall? Step Ain't that tall? Van Fleet? Ain't that tall?
Speaker 1: You go and go, Jamal Murray's not that tall, darn Fox isn't that tall?
Speaker 2: Right? Oh he's six six, My bad. I shorted the man two inches. He's six six. He's six six.
Speaker 1: And so when you look, and the thing is, oh Joe, the way, the pace in which he plays, he can post you.
Speaker 2: He got mid rang.
Speaker 1: Now he's got the three ball that falls. He can get to the rim. So really offensively, he doesn't have any weaknesses. And guess what, you're gonna put them on the fire line. He gonna get to the fire line. So now either you file him or you let he makes it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The only thing that you hope when the ball go because he's in a zone right now. Yeah, all you hope is that the rim don't like it is spit it out. That's you just hope it though. You're like, damn, I hope the rim don't like this shot.
Speaker 5: And you got you got to have a hope and a prayer for that, especially if somebody loped in like that week night out of night. This is the chance that he's say it's only it's only a week left. I mean not to charge a week he got three four weeks left before the season. Oh yeah, but it did. Might as well chalk it up. He not nothing to lay down now with that mentality.
Speaker 1: Nah now, because at the end of the day, you still want to you still want to, like, all things being equal, I probably want to like have home court. So they're fighting with the Calves on the other side to see who have home court throughout because if it comes down to a situation and they both makes it out of their respective conferences, I want you to come to me. I want Game seven, if necessary, to be an okay, excuse me to be an okay. See, but Shaye is playing unbelievable or he's he's been from start to finish. I think he felt jilded last year that they that Yo Kich won it. I didn't have a problem with Yo winning it when you look at the numbers in what he put up. I think they felt bad. Maybe the voters felt bad because they gave it to Joel and Be the year before, because he easily could have won it that year and he's gonna beat He's kind of like Lebron and Jordan.
Speaker 2: He's always gonna be in that top three.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's gonna win it to beat the top three because of the numbers that he puts up.
Speaker 2: He's having in twenty eight, twenty eight, thirteen and ten. He's a center.
Speaker 1: Ah, yes, and so but Shae leading the league in scoring.
Speaker 2: H he's up there and.
Speaker 1: Steals h the best team in the Western Conference, they're playing extremely well. I don't see how anybody else other than him winsday at m v P. And that's not a knock on yo. H. I don't think Jannis has a chance to win it because his team record is it what it needs to be. Now, if you want to throw j t in that mix, do you like Jason Tatum enough to put him in that mix considering how well the Celtics are playing that the number two seed in the East.
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: But see, I think the thing for me is that I think the thing that works against Jason Tatum and chance y'all let me know what y'all think. Are we sure Jason Tatum is the best player on that team? You know what I asked you. I asked you that last season. All I know when it comes to the Awards. Wait when when when it came to the playoffs, right.
Speaker 5: Jason Jason Tatum, Jason Jason Tatum, This Jason Tatum that when I watched the game, obviously, you know, but for me the game of basketball, I wasn't on top of it like I should be, you know.
Speaker 4: So obviously I'm locking in with you watching the game so I can be able to.
Speaker 5: Talk about the playoffs. And I'm watching the game and all I'm here in Jason Tatum. But when I watch the game, all I'm seeing in Jayden Brown. Yeah, so I'm thinking to myself in my head, well wait a minute, based on what I'm seeing on TV, it's different than what everybody else is telling me.
Speaker 2: Right, So I answer you last year? Are you sure you know?
Speaker 5: Jason Tatum is, for one, one that can be in a position to be the face of the league.
Speaker 2: But hell, you can't.
Speaker 1: He can't be the face of the league when you're questioning whether or not he's the best player on his own team. That's got to be definitive, that's got to be undeniable. There is no if and buts about it. If there's anything, he can't, So how you're gonna be the face supposed to the face of the league, and you're not the best player on your own team. Because what we saw is one guy win finals MVP. We saw another the same guy win with Eastern Conference MVP. We see that guy a lot of times, takes the toughest matchups. He took Luca and still gave me the production that he gave you. Normally, if a guy, if you're asking a guy to give you that kind of production offensively, he needs to take a defensively. But that's not what Jaylen Brown did. He hounded it and then yes he could turn it over a holiday. You take it, okay, Derrick White, But initially I'm going to start on him. And that's not a knock on Jason Tatum. I think he's a phenomenal player. He's won three first team All NBA selections for a reason. He's a two time Olympic gold medal winning player for a reason. This is not a knock. But at the face of the league, Jason Tatum is a comparable Excuse me, Jaylen Brown is a comparable player.
Speaker 5: I got a question too, and this is for the chat is but y'all tell me what you think. Let's say you take Jason I mean, excuse me. Let's say you take Jaylen Brown out the equation and he's not on the Celtics and you have someone else in that spot. Jason Tatum is still there putting up the numbers he's putting up this year. So it's for Jason Tatum being the MVP this year. But enough is he still doing enough?
Speaker 1: He's not going to the MVP this year. He can't do enough to overtake as and Yoke. No, it's gonna be. It's first of all, you're gonna have to have a season for a guy to win the MVP over Yokic because his numbers are gonna be this He's gonna be somewhere around twenty seven points, he's gonna be somewhere around ten to thirteen rebounds, he's gonna be somewhere around nine to eleven assists. So in order for you to win it, you're gonna have to be like SGA averaging thirty two to thirty three. Your team's success, you're gonna have to be, you know, ten games above everybody else that's you know, Lakers, and second the Nuggets are in third percentage points.
Speaker 2: So your ten eleven game ahead of them.
Speaker 1: So in order for you to be win the MVP over yoke, because he's gonna be somewhere around second or thirty. He might get the first seed, but his numbers are gonna be so good. Kind of like when Jordan his numbers was so good. It took Karl malone and winning sixty plus games him averaging twenty seven and twelve right to overtake Jordan thirty and six. And they had a slightly better record. But they worked well together. I love the fact because a lot of times people will trying to like they need to get rid of one of them the other. They post got similar, but they figured it out. They found that way to play together and realized it was mutually beneficial for the both of them to remain together as opposed to split them apart, because we see that so many times. Yes, it's robbed some teams of the potential championships because one guy wanted to be the lead dog and I don't want to be.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be I want to be.
Speaker 1: The lead doll. I don't want to be both of us in the harness together side by side. I need to be the lead dog. And I love that JT and JB. They praised each other, They compliment each other. Yeah, I'm sure JB was upset that he did, like hold on, bro hold on, I'm Eastern Conference MVP, I'm Finals MVP, and you take two of my teammates.
Speaker 2: I understand.
Speaker 1: I'm staying JT because he was on the previous team and he's been a three time first team All NBA selection since then.
Speaker 2: Yes, bro y'all take two of my teammates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know that that you know that was personal and something that was personal.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm gonna leave that down.
Speaker 1: So I'm glad they were able to h I'm glad they're able to work this together because they should be for the next five years. They probably should get a couple championships because both guys are under the age of thirty. A young team. All depends. I think prezingis is up after this year. In presingas a fridge, you got Derek White signed to a long term deal, you got Holidays signed to a long term deal. It's a Peyton Pritchard who there. He was the heartbeat off the bench, right he might get him a little countious. Somebody might break break him off, like, hey, come on over here, you can. You're doing that for Boston. He has one more year. They'll probably look to extend him.
Speaker 2: But good game tonight.
Speaker 1: Oka Se moved to fifty other level with a one thirty seven victory over the Houston Rockets. The Rockets dropped the thirty seven and twenty four. They were playing without Alfred s Gun. There was Dylan Brooks and Van Fleet who's been out for an extended period of time.
Speaker 2: Dylan Brooks did it, although he didn't play. He was dressed, but he didn't play.
Speaker 1: Nah Oh Joe Kyrie was helped to the locker room after the parent leg injury. He stayed in the game and drained two free throws before leaving the court. UH with Kyrie, the question is, O Joe, you want to put that the Mavericks game up? Kyrie playing this kind of and he has to AD's out, and you traded and you traded Luca, so now and you out lively and you're without Daniel Gafford. So he's having a long minute. Try to keep them afloat until a d comes back. But you're putting a lot of You're putting a lot of He's got to do an awful lot. Yeah, facilitate, he's got a score. That's that's that's.
Speaker 5: A lot when you when you think about what he has to do with a d being out, a player like Kyrie of his shoot me, of his caliber, that can that can run the offing, that can set things up, that can facilitate, that can get hot on any night, especially when he has to score when the owner is on him to.
Speaker 2: Lead the way. Kyrie can do that.
Speaker 5: So when you say it's a lot, it's a lot to ask of him to do. And he's the type of player. He's one of the ones that left Cleveland because he wanted to be the head dog, right right, right, So listen, this this is your chance.
Speaker 2: This is the chance what you can do.
Speaker 1: But he's finding out it's a lot more. It's a lot more going into ito. Is a lot more going into it than being the lead dog. Now, yeah, you're gonna score a bunch of points. Yeah, but at the end of the day, people are gonna be looking at you like, bro, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, I see you shoot, I see you think what about that team?
Speaker 1: I mean, he's averaged the third most minutes per game in his career and he's doing it as he's starting to get older. Normally the minutes decrease you play. If you go back to look at Kobe, you look at Lebron, and you look at Jordan, they're playing thirty nine forty I think one year Lebron played forty two minutes a night.
Speaker 2: Jordan was up there, Kobe was up there.
Speaker 1: But as you start getting thirty, now you start coming back, whoa, WHOA, I need to be round somewhere between thirty five and thirty seven. What's the averaging now? He might be averaging thirty five, thirty seven, thirty minutes, thirty seven, thirty seven, thirty thirty six. For that's a lot of minutes, you know, damn it's because the things. There's a difference between playing thirty six minutes and you got Luca running shotgun with you playing thirty six minutes, and you got a D thirty six minutes, and you got KD. Harden thirty six minutes, and you got Lebron, Cause you can be out there on the cor for thirty six men and you can coast. Kad gonna get buckets, Harden gonna get me buckets, Luca go will get me buckets.
Speaker 2: Lebron A d.
Speaker 1: Uh, bro, when you out there with you you got the work. You know, sometimes don't you know? You show up at the job, Hey, you just show up, but you just there. I ain't doing no work today. I'm talking to everybody Cove. Hey, I know everybody else gonna do that job. Uh. It ain't like that right now with Kyrie Dallas, and they're trying to do everything they can to kind of stay in the sixth spot.
Speaker 2: Don't have to do the play in.
Speaker 1: Uh. They avoid to play. You know, if you're in the sixth spot, you avoid the play in.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And so they hopefully, I'm sure they're hoping they can get ad back at some point in time, probably having reevaluated in the next seven to ten days, and see where that goes. But uh, I wish Kyrie is speedy recovery. Hopefully is nothing serious.
Speaker 2: Was it was?
Speaker 4: Did he hyper extendent or did he step on somebody's footing twist his ankle?
Speaker 2: Which which one was it? I didn't even Yeah, even I mean.
Speaker 4: Even even on the replay, I still couldn't tell happened.
Speaker 2: But he couldn't You couldn't put it.
Speaker 5: He could put any weight on that foot. It was his right foot to you know, to be exact, I'm thinking that with them the way they helped him off the port, it wasn't a hyper extension. I think he twisted his ankle a little bit and I'm not even gonna talk about my remedy to fix that.
Speaker 1: To getting he stepped on the guy's ankle and his knee kind of bunkled a little bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, that's valentiunis I think.
Speaker 1: And when that valentis he stepped on Yeah, yeah, he stepped he.
Speaker 2: Stepped on it. He stepped on his foot.
Speaker 5: That's one of the worst things you could do on me, you hooper, when you step on somebody's ankle and your eyes are looking up so you're not you're not you're not ready for it. And the foot is already relaxed too, so you're getting all all that man.
Speaker 2: Feeling. But that's not Hopefully there's nothing major.
Speaker 1: Hopefully it's just a little, a simple, little tweak, a couple of days rab some ice, and Kyrie will be able to come back. Because without Kyrie, they're thirty two and thirty right now where they now, they're tenth. They're in the tenth spot. That's the play that's the last spot for the play in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not looking good now, which will be even worse for Nico.
Speaker 1: Harris if they if because at one point they were where they were I think they were in the fifth or the sixth spot. And now all of a sudden, a d comes in and have so much promise. He goes out and now you slide and you missed the playoffs, and Luca and them are in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: They go from seven to two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nico harrisonna look crazy after that.
Speaker 1: Huh really he looking crazy as it is, but you have uh so we'll find that you check this out.
Speaker 2: Let me know what you think, yes, sir.
Speaker 1: The Dallas Mavericks raised ticket prices cite investments. The Dallas Mavericks revealed that they're raising their season ticket price next season.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think about the average of eight little almost nine percent. Just weeks after dealing Luca to the Lakers. The Mavericks says season tickets will go up by eight twenty six, which is about nine percent uh, and the increase is due to ongoing investments in the team and fan engagements. One fan tweeted thirty days ago to Dallas Mavericks traded away their homegrown superstar, called him fat and laughed in the fans face about it. Today, they decided to almost double the prices of my season tickets from the past couple of years.
Speaker 2: The new ownership is disgustingly out of touch.
Speaker 5: Hold on not not only are they out of touch? Can you can you give me a better reason? What team was business? Actually raises prices mid season?
Speaker 2: No? Does he next season? Oh? Oh, it's oh okay, okay, don't we get your head up?
Speaker 1: Let you say you like my crazy to say, boys, save your pennies up so you can get.
Speaker 2: It for They let him know a head of down.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I would get ready to say, but that's slightly disrespectful.
Speaker 1: I don't look if they had kept Luca and say we're gonna raise chicken prices, I don't think fans would have had anything that had nothing bad to say about that decision on Joe because it's Luca.
Speaker 2: Because normally you want to keep your home going homegrown guys well definitely, especially.
Speaker 1: If they want to stay, because a lot of times they get you know, you see Zion, he wanted to leave Ad wanted to leave Lebron ended up leaving KD, ended up leaving Russ, left Hard and left Reggie Jackson. I mean, so so forthy. So the list goes on and on about you getting these guys and then them leaving Luca from off from everything that I've read and people that was close to him, that knows him, he didn't want to leave Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fans didn't want him to leave Dallas.
Speaker 1: Now, if you ask Philly fans, they might not be so disappointed if you trade Joe Elnbid, considering his injury history and he's missed as many games as he's played. I don't think the fans was disappointed when they traded Ben Simmons, considering the regression that they had started to see in his play. Luca, we saw no regression. We only saw ascension in his play, and they traded it. And after you trade him, you have the unmitigated gall You have the audacity to bring your ass in here and talking about you raising prices.
Speaker 5: Now listen, and you know what you know it also Nico Harris makes a move like that. One thing that you can stand on is hoping that whoever you trade for replaces the product that actually left. And it makes the fans forget about the trade based on your production and what you do.
Speaker 2: But he's been out.
Speaker 5: And then to say what you say, what's gonna happen next year? What you're raising prices? Well, here, how about y'all fix that? How mut you fix this season?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 4: Fix the product on the court this season?
Speaker 5: Because the end, what about we wouldn't have a problem paying for next season if what we wanted and we were getting.
Speaker 2: Was on point this year. Well, ain't no fixing this year. This is your team moving forward.
Speaker 1: The question is how soon this ad comes back and what's the severity of Kyrie's injury? Because if both is down for a substantial amount of time, this season is over.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, this season is over.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna be without four of your top six seven guys and think you're gonna be make the playoffs. That ain't happening. They're they're they're a good team. They're not that good. No team could overcome being without say a Kyrie, a d a Gaffer, a Lively.
Speaker 2: That ain't happening.
Speaker 1: So the only thing they can hope is hope and pray that within the next seven to ten days they can come back and they can go on a little run because they're not. It's not like they got a whole lot of games. It's not too much left in the season. Oh Joe, it's one month left in the regular season. Yeah, And they need to figure this thing out. But it's role you when when first of all, fans like, we already being pinched, We already being pinched.
Speaker 2: You see, they cutting jobs, and in inflation and.
Speaker 1: Eggs and gas and milk, and these prices rides race.
Speaker 2: The cost of a family is rising.
Speaker 1: And bro, y'all just traded the person that I wouldn't mind paying five hundred dollars a game to come see, y'all traded him. And now y'all asking me to pay seven to fifty mm.
Speaker 5: No, hell no, You think about you think about look at the landscape of the NBA, and you think about prices on how much tickets costs. There are two or three players on every team, on every team, I don't care how you how you look at it.
Speaker 4: Where fans that that put butts in the seats?
Speaker 5: Which about two or three players that actually put butts in the seats regardless of what the price of the tickets are. They make you forget about it. They make you forget about the economy because I know I'm getting once they go watch these boys play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you need superstars because of the NBA. Look, it's all about a superstar. That's why the Lakers try to move heaven and Earth. They try to keep them.
Speaker 2: And for the longest time they've always had them.
Speaker 1: They had I mean when they were in Minneapolis, they had George Micah and then when they come to LA they had Baylor, and they had Jerry West, and then they make the trade. Then they get Willed, and then a couple of years later they get Kareem and then they drafted Magic, and they get Bob mcado, and they draft James Worthy and then they make they get shocked, and then they make the trade for Kobe and then they get Lebron to come. That's what the Lakers do. You have to have superstars. People want to see superstars, the best of the best or what they'll do. You'll sell the building out when those superstars come. Mm hm. So when Steph Curry's on coming to your town, it's gonna sell out. When Lebron come, it's gonna sell out. Yeah, I mean when Jordan's and the league people team. You already knew Jordy gonna be all said out, Kobe was in shocked, donna be all sellout, Lebron, that was gonna be a sellout.
Speaker 2: You knew that, Bro.
Speaker 1: I want to sell out my I want my home game to sell out for Dardas because we're playing mm hmmm, not that, y'all copy, Not that, y'all copy, y'all copany to see somebody else?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Hey, can you imagine where the price of tickets work courtside when Kobe and Shaq? God, imagine what the price And I know the price is probably extensive now, and I'm sure it's going up since then, but can you imagine what it was?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, specially well especially become playoffs or big game, they play San Antonio or they play you know they who else was the rival of theirs? Oh, Sacramento was the rival of there when they had Chris Webb, when they had Jay will uh the self the Sons, Yeah yeah, yeah, but but.
Speaker 5: Now Luca Luca first game yeah, which which course fly was just just matter of fact when you give me the price of course, I right now for a Lakers game, use it and NFL players number currently right, now don't tell me the number. Just give me an NFL play in Jersey number for better contact, because I don't want to hit the price because it's it's gonna make me mad.
Speaker 2: You know, don't know you're gonna be bad. Uh.
Speaker 1: First of all, they got they got Luca and Lebron, So the tickets are already gonna be hide giraffe hu hat to begin with. Okay, Now, think about when his first game he played Dallas. Yeah, now it's his old team. Okay, everybody wanted to see that. So probably you're probably looking at about closer you go to center court, the more expensive the tickets. You probably looking at it about probably twenty five ticket for center court. Okay, Okay, I thought I thought it had been. I thought it'd been in worsing Allen. Now you go to the playoffs, I thought they'd been worse than that. No, okay, okay, but uh but at a come playoff time you're dealing with the Lakers. I mean you like some tickets, oh Joe, you go sit court side fifty hundred, two thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: That ain't happening, no legal game. Nah. And they also depends on the city you go.
Speaker 1: To yeah, and the food. Now you get everything, you mean you all the food free? Right, but committed what you made for that ticket?
Speaker 2: It should be right, you know access VIP. Yeah, because I had had season tickets and you made me miss all my games? Who did o cho? Wait?
Speaker 4: How did that make you miss out of your game? You could have just took me to the games with you.
Speaker 2: Because you started nightcap. Huh? Because you started Nightcap. I listened, I started Nightcap.
Speaker 5: But what you could have done is is we could have been a part of a consistent routine of going to the legal game, sitting courtside. You could have sat there and taught me, you know, the intricacies of the game, what time, how.
Speaker 1: Am I gonna sit, how we're gonna fit court side? And were coming on after the game? What do you talk about?
Speaker 2: Geny?
Speaker 5: I know Jenny Buss, she would have gave us a private room in the back. We could to set up our nightcaps up right there after the game.
Speaker 2: In the stadium.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine nobody is doing nothing like that?
Speaker 1: No, but anyway, that's just just an idea to throw throw at you next year. No, I'm good, I gotta I gotta save my penish what you're saving from because I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to work by saying I don't want to do this for the next ten to fifteen years.
Speaker 5: How I'm told you about saving the past two years you talk about flying private jets and flying first class.
Speaker 2: I don't want no private jet.
Speaker 5: You flew private telling me you what so you ain't fly private? And I told you it made that way way. There's no need to waste that kind of money. You can get to the same same place from pointing A to point B on another airline.
Speaker 2: You forgot about that. You forgot that conversation sometime sometime. You know you mean I want to enjoy myself. Yeah, I want to enjoy it by slf Oh, so now you're then did it one eighty nine about saving money? Yeah? I enjoyed myself. So now I got I got saved. I like it. I like you. I like the growth.
Speaker 4: Now, if you can get the growth in other areas and other fastest of your life.
Speaker 2: We will be all right. Uh.
Speaker 1: Luca changed his mind on long running Lakers fans conspiracy. A notable theory had sprung up that opponents are so determined to beat them that the injured players intentionally target Laker games for their returns. Just yesterday, for instance, Normal Powell return from our five game absence to face the Lakers. Two games earlier, Dante DiVincenzo, who had missed the previous nineteen games. Before that, Dwhite Pole had missed sixteen games. Mellow Ball laid in total ten minutes in the last three games before the All Star Game, but played thirty three against the Lakers. Immediately after, the newest Lakers noted that even he has spotted a trend. Lucas laughingly said, I didn't believe it before, but they say if somebody's out for a long time and then they play against the Lakers, So I don't know what to believe'll believe at the time, but obviously it's the Lakers, So I.
Speaker 2: Think it's normal. Yeah, think may be coincidence it's the Lakers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you think people just coming back shimps because you're playing the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Lakers on TV, Lakers will be for what who you want to? What I know is that what game that I know everybody's gonna watch?
Speaker 2: What game? Do I know it's gonna make sports ceiling? Okay, Okay, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 1: I give you to say the head you on team, be regardless and not depending on how you play, you can be on TV. You know what Lakers? I know for certain I'm gonna be on TV if I played the Lakers. Okay, I guess that. You that's the even though the Lakers are not the champs, you gear up to play them.
Speaker 2: That's the Lakers.
Speaker 1: That's Lebron, that's Luca, that was Kobe, that was Shaq, that was Magic and Kareem and Worthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, little gear up to play, y'all.
Speaker 7: A It's so funny, how if you you think about the trio that had this mystiquing aura about them, right, no matter what goes on, whether whether they're winning, whether they're losing, they just have this historical of feeling or where everybody either wants to play against them or play with them.
Speaker 8: The Yankees, Yeah, the Lakers. Hold on, I almost missed it. Yankees Lakers.
Speaker 4: There's there's one more. There's one more to that trio.
Speaker 2: What Baseball Dodgers.
Speaker 5: No, the Dodgers don't have that same that same historic feel where where everybody wants to play for mess about the cowboys or cowboys. That's what I would thinking of that. I didn't want to mention them. I'm sorry, I didn't want to mention it. I didn't want to bring them up.
Speaker 4: But again, now you understand for better context and what I'm trying to say about those historic franchises.
Speaker 1: LaMelo Ball is the name to watch on the trade market this summer. Following Luca Doncis, trade NBA executive around the Leaves, has Ay expanded their horizon on which potential stars connect to change teams the availability of hornets guard.
Speaker 2: LaMelo Ball is one of the stars.
Speaker 1: Several executives who spoke with who Height will be monitoring on the trade market this summer. OJAY should teams be interested and traded for LaMelo with his injury history?
Speaker 2: Oh see?
Speaker 5: You know what now that part, Now, when you say that, it makes every part of everybody palls. It makes everybody think you take away his injury history. Okay, let's say you take away his injury history.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about what LaMelo Ball does and gives you when he's on the court. He's likes out, he's box office. He's one of those individuals.
Speaker 5: You know what with the tickets eight hundred dollars, You know what, I don't mind paying eight hundred dollars because I know LaMelo Ball is on my team. He's on our team. I know what I get when I'm coming to watch him. I'm gonna get my money's worth.
Speaker 1: Now, once you factor in his injury history and what happens when he's out time to time, you know, Now, now you perceive a caution to the win.
Speaker 4: Now that's the bad thing. But listen, anybody can get hurt.
Speaker 2: It happens. It's a game of basketball.
Speaker 5: It's not it's not that much of a as a violent sport. It's football, but it's very physical. Injury is going to happen, especially in you know LaMelo's small.
Speaker 1: Is this frame, I mean he was six seven, six' eighth really thin, frame his ankles or FRAG i mean he might have to go through that With.
Speaker 2: Steph Remember steph with the same Way steph stayed.
Speaker 1: Injured that's why he got that Little men contract and then he just was able to stay.
Speaker 2: Healthy that might be a. Situation might he might need to reach.
Speaker 1: Out to Step it's like Steff, man how did you how did you like these ankle? Injuries how did you how did you eventually get over? It because, man the ain't nothing to play. With you're talking to a guy that had ankle injuries in. HELL i THOUGHT i was gonna have to retire twenty.
Speaker 2: Six.
Speaker 1: Man, my, my my stuff was, bad, O. Joe you're talking about to step on somebody's. ANKLE i can literally step on somebody's ankle and my it will blow up like a, cander that big A and the worst part was doing it on the road because guess, WHAT i.
Speaker 5: Got to get on the plane and fly back. Home you know what happened when you get in there with that pressure swoll right up even?
Speaker 1: More? Yeah, yeah you KNOW i wore THOSE i wore those those. Stockings you, KNOW i put those on both of my legs to keep the swelling down because huh those white you know those white well you know those those.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, yeah yea yea yea yeah yeah yeah, yeah bad things with your bed because.
Speaker 1: Bad look HERE i get on that, plane, man my my knees and ankle swell. Up, yeah, Man BECAUSE i REMEMBER i was in uh and uh In, baltimore my last year Old, JOE i got my knee drained every, week oh wait a, minute every every, week every week drained the needle pull Out lucas blood the first the first TIME i got the first, TIME i got both of them, drained. Ojo they got about one hundred and thirty ce seeds off both.
Speaker 6: ANKLES i mean both needs one hundred and thirty. Sees you know how much one hundred and thirty se seeds? Here, YEAH i know how much you.
Speaker 2: Did how did you.
Speaker 1: Even practice with that moving? AROUND i didn't. Practice that's was the. Thing they gave it. OFF i get THE i get my knee drained about three hours before the.
Speaker 2: Game, UH i would ice, it try to keep the sweaming.
Speaker 1: Down then they, would you, know put hot, PACKS O, joe SO i get get some some mobility in, there, right BUT i was GETTING i was probably getting thirty forty ce seeds draft drone a, game, Man but.
Speaker 2: Listen you know what let ME.
Speaker 5: I, THINK i Thank god for being able to play for a long time with no. Injuries you, know for as long as that played and as reckless AS i, PLAYED i got hit really, clean one good, time one one clean hit in eleven twelve. Years outside of that was everything was basically. Normal, like, man listen to some of your your, injury.
Speaker 2: YOUR i get something. Done they're LIKE i don't know.
Speaker 1: SHO i, say if IF i shoot it, up, CAD i be able to play.
Speaker 2: Right shoot it. Up you get out there and go shoot it up both? Shoulders?
Speaker 1: BAD i separated both, shoulders, man about three four shots that they put two shots of this with two shots in that.
Speaker 2: On BUT i was doing jumping?
Speaker 1: Jack how you separate both? Shoulders rested Sould Dave. DORSON i caught a seven. Route safety got to be. Safety, Yeah, oh chicag he was with The. Bears he wanted to boat with The. Bears he was with The cardinals at the. Time so he landed on.
Speaker 2: ME i hit the. Ground? Crack did he landed on top of?
Speaker 1: Me? Crack, hey so you did both shoulders at the same time at the same.
Speaker 2: Time, good.
Speaker 1: Well if that, is if that is, THAT i was like, THIS O, Joe hey the whole. Week, hey they put that medicine in. There, yeah and he was. Good did you did you wedd?
Speaker 2: It you wed a?
Speaker 1: Harned you were a Hardes let me tell you WHAT i, DID O. Joe so we, played we played The. Raiders i'm feeling good to Oh, JOE i feel good. Man we ran a tongs. Crack we had a forest crack, right and it was. RUNNING i think it was. Running it might have been. RUNNING i push up the, corner the corner retreat safety, MAN i hit. That.
Speaker 2: JOE i, Forget, Oh, JOE i.
Speaker 1: Forgot you, know, normally if you got something, hurt you hit her with the opposite.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: Decide, well both of them messed. Up SO i just say, SO i just say it is what it. Is Why?
Speaker 2: Hoad your tears just start coming down my.
Speaker 1: FACE i, hey well that, thing Oh. JOE i don't know if you ever had that, pain but it feels like electricity go through your.
Speaker 5: Body, yeah, YEAH i. Know it's like a pinch nerve that. Feeling it's not a good. Thing told YOU i did like this, here.
Speaker 2: That's A. Greek i'm.
Speaker 1: Done he was out after, that and, yes, man he, thought oh that medles out them.
Speaker 2: Shoulders. YEAH i was doad after.
Speaker 1: That. Bad so SO i understand having to deal with injury history for three years. STRAIGHT i shot up my ankle every. Week SOMETIMES i had to shoot up both of. Them it had gotten so. Bad ask anybody that was in. There the skin started to come off my ankles from getting, it from getting it shot up so. Much, yeah and depleted this color LIKE i had Bill. Alago it was like as dark AS i, am and it was just like pure yellow like.
Speaker 2: White and that's. Funny.
Speaker 5: People you talk about stuff like this and everybody look at the listening glamor when it comes to, athletes and then you sit down and you able to hear stories like this about the sacrifices, anything injuries that you got to go.
Speaker 1: And we'll do it all over. Again it's broke down AS i, Am i'll do it all over. Again i'll take my black ass right back out. There but, Regrets, yeah that's not absolutely. Not oh you, look if you play this game moment, up there's gonna be times that you're, like, MAN i don't know how On, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday i'm, like, MAN i ain't no way in Hell i'm gonna be able to play Right greek But Greek, greek and tests would always like a. Shark just just think, Positive, hey we got we don't have to play. Today if we had to play, today you probably wouldn't be able to. Go but let's how you see how you feel on. Tomorrow let's see how you feel On. Thursday let's see how they kept that, positive, Like, Hey, sharper how you feel?
Speaker 2: MAN i feel. FATTER i, think, HEY i might Turn.
Speaker 1: Dakola you know What i'm, Saying Oh, joe BECAUSE i wanted to play Old.
Speaker 2: Joe. MAN i.
Speaker 1: Know, LOOK i ain't gotta have no TWENTY i ain't no, doctor no. LAWYER i can have a twenty five thirty year. CAREER i got a finite period of. Time i'm gonna try to maximize. It and they let me, know All, shannon you know you're shooting up blah, blah long, TERM i, said, Bro, bro let me worry about that in thirty. Years right, NOW i need to get out. THERE i got people depending on, me SO i Wouldn't and that's what they. KNOW i got to do WHAT i gotta, Do Oh. Joe The bengals franchise TAG T higgins for the second consecutive. Year The bengals do not want to Allow higgins to hit the fridge and market and will not turn their attention to negotiating a long term deal since that it has Until july fifteenth to reach a new multi year deal With higgins or he'll make a fully guaranteed twenty six point two Million since the second time he will get.
Speaker 2: Tagged he will make one hundred and.
Speaker 1: Twenty percent of his twenty twenty four, salary bringing them up to twenty six point. Two, right is this a deal going to get done or are they making sure they get something back on an eventual?
Speaker 2: Trade do you?
Speaker 1: Believe do you believe they're going to Sign tea to a long term deal or they're going to try to sign it and then trade him and get.
Speaker 2: Compensation you, Know i'm not.
Speaker 5: Sure i'm not sure even even at this point and understanding the value that that THAT t will get or what his value is right now on the open. MARKET i think The bengals understand. THAT i THINK t understands that as. Well now also on the right side of. Things as A bengal fan, myself true die Hard bengal, FAN i would love to see them keep you, know keep the tree on. TOGETHER i would love to see them keep the band. Together the salary cap went up on the, SALARY i think it's like two seventy, nine, right it's just two seventy. Nine but WHEN i think about, it, Listen Jamar chase is getting ready to be the highest paid and reset the quarterback market as far as.
Speaker 2: Contractually SO i understand.
Speaker 5: That Then i'm not sure what they're gonna do With joe or is he gonna restruction in some sort of way to make wiggle room not only for JUST T, higgins but For Trey, henderson for other for other needs that need to be. Met higgins is want.
Speaker 1: Thirty, yeah you see the market he thinks seventeen to a half sacks for the last two.
Speaker 2: Seasons, yeah you ain't got to tell.
Speaker 4: ME i, KNOW i, know so, boom what's going what's going to?
Speaker 2: Happen what's more?
Speaker 5: Important where are the needs that need to be met for us as a. TEAM i know fans want to, say Bring tea. BACK i LOVE, t BUT i also understand what he can. GET i understand its value on the open.
Speaker 2: Market. Yeah, now obviously the franchise. Tag you did. It you did it to me one.
Speaker 5: Year now when you do it to me one, year basically you're telling, me, listen we don't really see the value in you and give me a contract long.
Speaker 4: Term so we're gonna do is Is we're gonna tag, you and.
Speaker 2: That means betting against.
Speaker 4: You, yeah to talk to me please for people.
Speaker 1: That because if you, thought if you THOUGHT i was what if if you think of me WHAT i think of, me you give me the, deal.
Speaker 5: It wouldn't have been no questions, asked and then would have got done last year and now double back come this year.
Speaker 2: AGAIN T higgins great, year big, game stepped up.
Speaker 1: Huge, yeah he only played TWELVE i think he only played twelve games On, joe but he still had ten. Touchdowns, yes let's talk about. It always like seventy. Five he averaged like seventy five yards a game. Receiver so if you excrapolate that over the full seventeen, games we know what type of season he would have.
Speaker 2: Even With chase doing what he.
Speaker 1: Did and that's the that you run, into, oyo when you keep pushing The cans down the. Road, okay you, pushed you Kicked Jamar Chase can down the road and gives the Triple.
Speaker 2: Crown, okay you wouldn't do anything With.
Speaker 1: Hendrickson now he led the league in sacks back to the back, season which he's had seventeen and a.
Speaker 2: Half, okay you franchise TAG T.
Speaker 1: Higgins now he follows that up and he's, like y'all got to pay me because you See Jyalen waddle with years left on his, contract got twenty. Eight y'all mean to tell, Me i'm at the end of my, contract and y'all think franchising me at twenty six is.
Speaker 2: Good NOW i need guaranteed.
Speaker 1: MONEY i need like seventy five million fully guaranteed the first.
Speaker 2: Year now we can talk.
Speaker 5: Curious, normally most of the time teams use a franchise tag to their. Advantage not only is the lack of, player but when you do it for a second, Year i'm trying.
Speaker 2: To buy myself some.
Speaker 1: Time, yeah igiinst, You i'm bad that you won't have another year like, that because what good is?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 1: Oo if he has another year like, that maybe you want a Super bowl that, said, well we got a Super bowl lot that we can let him, go.
Speaker 2: Right that's because at.
Speaker 1: Some point in, time if you're drafting the type of player that you believe you, are you're not gonna be able to keep them all with. You it's just it's just it's. Impractical you're not gonna be able to Keep chase at. Forty you're not gonna Keep joe at fifty. Five you're not gonna Be. Hendrickson he wants. Thirty T higgins won't. Thirty excuse, me are you glad you're good.
Speaker 2: At? That at that? Number now they got a little bit more cap. Space they Waved Alice.
Speaker 1: Kappall uh the GUARD i guess he had a bad. YEAR i, mean looking at, it he gave up most, sacks most, precious most.
Speaker 2: Hurries so it was it, was it was pretty. Bad.
Speaker 1: Uh Jamar chase posted this cryptic creed Of Joe burrow On.
Speaker 2: Instagram what at T? Higgins if you can see it on your? Screen he like.
Speaker 5: Even the players as fas as, fans fans And bengal, fans they always come To they don't understand the difference in how the players feel from the business side of, things as opposed to how the fans. Feel the fans, Think, oh it's so, easy the cap is going, Up they're gonna sign. Everybody, listen if you look at the, reactions you look at the reactions FROM, ta you look at the reactions From Jamar, chase it tells you that things aren't as sweet as you think on the.
Speaker 2: Outside looking at listen to how the cap numbers have gone.
Speaker 5: Up, look you have to think The bengals have a franchise to, run saying they did not think about, now they think about the foresea of your, future you, know when it comes to their, books.
Speaker 1: AND i GUARANTEE i will long term guaranteed.
Speaker 5: Money, well, listen they they got they got To july to get it. Done they got To july to get it. Done, now me as much AS.
Speaker 2: I want you to, STAY i LOVE. T i love my, BANGLES i love the.
Speaker 5: Organization matter of, FACT i love the fans that argue with me back and.
Speaker 2: Forth zim.
Speaker 5: Hoo THEY i know you're probably gonna see. THIS i love you, too and and and everybody. Else BUT i just don't see it happening based on WHAT t is deserving of and What chase is going to be making.
Speaker 2: Going north to. Forty oh he, is he's resetting the.
Speaker 4: Market huh, yeah he's a simple.
Speaker 2: Fact you.
Speaker 3: Made you made.
Speaker 1: Me wait you dra, ME t, Said i'll tell you what y'all like, that twenty six point. Two give me that in guaranteed. Money mm. Hmm give me eighty million full of, guarantee and then y'all can put it have you want.
Speaker 2: To BUT i need to MAKE i need to.
Speaker 1: MAKE i need to make eighty million in the first to make eighty million in the first three, years Thought, Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah we're. Good we can we can, talk we can, talk we can.
Speaker 1: Play LIKE i need to make eighty. Million, hey give me an eighty give me eighty million dollars sided. Bonus and THEN i. Played the first YEAR i played for like one point. Two THEN i play for five, million and the next YEAR i play for. Ten, yeah give me give me, finish y'all fake twenty six. Million everybody, Talk, okay just go ahead and give me.
Speaker 4: That, yeah and give give me a nice lump sum and signing bonus.
Speaker 1: Too now give me, all give, me give, me give, me give me seventy million side the. Bonus give me some security, NOW i need less stagg in case something, happened just in, case BECAUSE i ain't going to the lords Of.
Speaker 2: London well take.
Speaker 1: That, hey IF i If i'm, chased chase, saying y'all maybe take this ten million dollar in churance. Policy i'm gonna factor that in when y'all, Negotiate so y'all will give me that back time IF i have to take out another.
Speaker 5: One at some point in. Time, hey, listen the game is a. Game this is the, football and this is WHY i wouldn't want to be on. HER i wouldn't want to be A. GM i wouldn't want to be in a position Of Katie, Blackburn Mike, Brown Troy blackburn.
Speaker 4: In a situation like this with a team this, great where players this great and it's.
Speaker 2: Time to pay, WELL i just wouldn't want to. Be you have to be ahead of the. Curvel do you Believe Team. Higgett let me ask you a.
Speaker 1: Question do you Believe chase in the next three to five years will not be a top three? Receiver if you don't be if you believe he will be a top three, receiver you signed him last year because you're paying him based on what you believe he's going to do moving, forward not what he's done in.
Speaker 2: The, past Because i've already paid you for.
Speaker 1: That so IF i give you thirty five thirty six million, dollars that's BECAUSE i believe you're going to be a top three receiver and in two years this money be. Obsolete NOW i got you for another two, YEARS O joe at thirty six, million when to go and race from probably be forty forty three.
Speaker 2: Million, see so that's what you have to.
Speaker 1: Do you have, to like a lot of times, Though, joe you have to buy something like, man look, here what people what if you were doing investment people by. Goal people buy commodities based don't believe they're going to go.
Speaker 2: Higher so at this, price although it seems, STEEP.
Speaker 1: I buy it for a little when it moves. Up, NOW i got it. Right and that's how you have to look at these. Players Michael Park, dude you, okay you Saw michael With Defensive rookie of The year and he's been in THE mvy the defensive player your discussion.
Speaker 2: Question, yeah why are we waiting to this man get all.
Speaker 1: The way to the end of his contract before we think about doing it again a long term.
Speaker 2: Deal all you did was let the price keep going.
Speaker 1: Up yesterday's price is NOT a day's price is definitely.
Speaker 2: Not definitely.
Speaker 5: Not and, LISTEN i wanted to GET i want them to work things, out BUT i also understand how the business side of things. Work, yes yet everybody yelling about the, cap the cap going, up the cap being. Hot have The bengals of everyone to spin all the way up to the? Cap oh, no so let let's let's let's start. There had they you, know we were screaming over the cap is. Going is this is THAT i, mean, listen this is still a business that has to be.
Speaker 4: Running, yes this Ain't, madden this is this is real.
Speaker 1: Life you see What Howwie roseman. Does you see what he did with? You see what he did With? Devonte, yeah you see what he did with You. Ajt see what they did With, hurts got him, early and what he did is that he's, Like, Okay Sa, kuan we'll give you. This if you get these, incentives not only will you get him for this, year it'll automatically go onto your contract next. Year so that one point five one point seven fifty. Me so now Sat quand's gonna make almost fourteen million. Dollars it's those numbers next. Year guess what that third year of the, Contract now there's a chance.
Speaker 2: He goes out and haves a another.
Speaker 1: Year i'm not saying you're gonna go for two, thousand but have another good. Year how we might, say you know, what to keep that cap number, Down let's go.
Speaker 2: Ahead and get add a couple more years to.
Speaker 4: It give you nice signing bonus right up.
Speaker 2: Front so that's how you have to do, IT O.
Speaker 1: Joe you have to have some forward thinking because if you wait till LIKE i don't, KNOW i don't, know by the time you realize The god's, good it's gonna be cost prohibitive for you to sign your.
Speaker 5: Players, well, listen the guys we talk, about there's nothing to, realize you know what they do because the, film the film don't. Lie they did it in, college they got to THE, nfl and they kept on doing.
Speaker 2: It they ain't missed the.
Speaker 5: Beat let me talking About Chase i'm not sure why he didn't pay him last. Year there was nothing wrong With tea understanding what you.
Speaker 2: Got you, know for the fourth year of the.
Speaker 5: Future we talk about two top, one one top three, player and we have another one that arguably could be in the top, ten you know as WHAT i like to call it ONE b DON'T i don't see t As.
Speaker 2: No. Two that just me because.
Speaker 4: Anywhere else on any other, Team tea cans.
Speaker 2: Will be a number one mm. Hm but anyway that either here nor. THERE i hope to get the. JOB i hope that he get the job. DONE i really. DO I.
Speaker 1: The eagles are going to release six Time Pro bowl Corner Darius.
Speaker 2: Slay after five seasons with the.
Speaker 1: Teams The eagles initially acquired Slave ville trade With detroit in the twenty, twenty immediately signing the cornerback to a three year. Extension slay thirty four is coming off one of his best seasons of his.
Speaker 2: Career he allowed a.
Speaker 1: Forty two percent completion, rate allowed five point four yards per, target had fifteen pass, breakups are all his best marks since joining The Eagles in twenty twenty, Four The eagles allowed a league low one hundred and seventy four yards passing per, game the LOWEST bi franchise since the since two. Thousand who's At tennessee since at least two? THOUSAND i Think. TENNESSEE i think they beat The ravens that year because we allowed The ravens allowed sixty like sixty something Yards, russian BUT i think the average like gave up two hundred sixty. Yards tennessee actually statistically had a Better, Huh, oh you're talking? About that was the what do you call? Him The eagles? Franchise? OH i thought he was talking about the lowest since two thousand by any. Franchise, okay BECAUSE i Know tennessee pass defense in two, thousand they only gave up two hundred and forty two yards a.
Speaker 2: Game Oh.
Speaker 1: Joe but he always said that if he didn't finish his career ended In, philly he would love to go back To.
Speaker 2: Detroit detroit was an original.
Speaker 1: Team, obviously he had some issues With Matt, patricia who's now the defensive coordinator Of Ohio. State, hey he goes To, philly had a great you, know go to To then he went to a bunch Of Pro. Bowls they went the Two Super, bowls they won this pass. One, so, uh could you see him going back To? DETROIT i think? SO i think so why?
Speaker 5: Not especially with what happened from an injury standpoint to The Detroit lions to on the back half of the.
Speaker 2: SEASON i like.
Speaker 5: IT i like, It And i'm also trying to think about why not running back with as well as he played last year with The. Eagles BUT i can't even talk About Jeffy lewie And Harry robins and when it comes to that decision making key mental, obviously they're now passing the torch and the keys to.
Speaker 1: Him, no he's on one. Side they passed the keys To cooper de Jon at ooh see, Rookie oh he, ready he ready to be a.
Speaker 2: Starter. Nay.
Speaker 5: Listen, honestly he played, well, right he played very, well but he played well based on everything else going on around. Him if he actually ready after his rookie season despite them winning The Super, bowl that being that in that spot like, that when you got to see the number one receiver at times you you have to see maybe the number two.
Speaker 2: Receiver is he ready for?
Speaker 1: That you can't keep? Everybody, Oh, JOE i mean what you're gonna do With? Braun you're gonna pay? Him he gonna want The Kings.
Speaker 2: Ransom? Yeah oh he was a nice okay?
Speaker 1: Swear what about you got two d linemen that could potentially leave you Got Jayleen carter coming up, Now, hey he gonna want The Kings. Ransom, hey and well deserved of everything you. Got mitchigo gonna be coming down the pipeline On. Joe he gonna want The Kings. Ransom, NO i understand you know the chat saying they gonna keep The johanna at a. Nickel, Yeah they're gonna put him at corner and then and guess, What they're gonna start him at corner and then when they go three, six he gonna bump inside the Min but.
Speaker 5: Then who who whos gonna be the Other who's gonna be the other? Corner, hey, listen playing on the outside and playing a. Nickel but that's a different ball, game, baby that's a that's a different ball.
Speaker 2: Game drafted that man to play.
Speaker 1: Corner they found out that he's really good at the, nickel and so guess, what they put him. Inside they'll put him inside the situation and they'll bring somebody else.
Speaker 2: Up be.
Speaker 1: Safe you remember what's the guy's, name O? Joe he ended up going To. Tennessee he ended up going To tennessee from The Kansas city the. Area, Yep. Sneid what did they? Do they drafted a. Corner, Yeah sneid was really. Good they they put, him they put him. Inside, yeah what did they do after the? Season they ended up signing trading. Him and now you Got washington and you got. McDuffie, okay, see y'all just looking see, fans y'all gotta stop looking at. It that's not how teams look at. It they drafted guy a, corner, okay. Damn and they got a slave getting a little, older thirty four years of.
Speaker 2: Age that's a little old for a.
Speaker 1: Corner but he played extremely, well, now maybe maybe it's a situation that you, know come, BACK i would go test the market now IF i couldn't find something. Suitable IF i, go IF i got to play for three, Million i'll play for three million In.
Speaker 2: Philly ain't gonna play for three me BECAUSE i know we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Win but at least let me go kick the tire somewhere else because somebody else might have some.
Speaker 2: Money, Fubby oh.
Speaker 1: Joke, hey that's that's that's, tea that's t. Unc do you understand? It AND i mean no disrespect to my fans In. CINCINNATI i love, you every last.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 4: Eve do you understand what's gonna make it if you get on the open.
Speaker 2: Market come, on, man he's deserving it that he worked too. Hard you and.
Speaker 5: Me think about the sacrifices you just told me about that you went through to even touch the.
Speaker 4: Field what you think he got a story to all of us got a?
Speaker 2: Story? Yeah, sure we want that sense of.
Speaker 4: Security allow him to see it because you.
Speaker 5: Didn't you didn't believe in. Him here before you know, WHAT i want you to fool with. Him were gonna tag. You we gonna tag you because we don't value giving you a long term. Contract we don't because if you did value, me you thought of what you think of HOW i think about myself as a player and as a, receiver that would have been no issue was paying.
Speaker 4: Me now you tag me again two years in a. Row what did that tem?
Speaker 1: Be oh, joe that's but see o, joe that's the Players association you agreed to.
Speaker 5: That, well, listen you have to understand when it comes to the franchise, tag you got twenty one hundred some.
Speaker 4: Players let the stick with me real. Quick now chat, y'all stay with me real. Quick you got twenty one hundred, twenties maybe twenty two hundred.
Speaker 5: Players when it comes to the franchise tag we talked about it only happens maybe to six eight, players six to, eight no more, eight no nor. Eight now actually going in to fight with something for such a small percentage of players that is, required that's where where it's.
Speaker 2: Used you, know year any year and a year.
Speaker 5: Out, uh do we want to fight for something like that because sometimes it's that advantage for the players and for the team as, well sometime buying you a little bit more time so we can get a deal. Done now in this, case when it comes to. TEA i don't like the way to take advantage of him because if you don't want to get you want to pay. Him he was done the first. Time don't to me, again.
Speaker 2: Oh, joe me.
Speaker 1: Twice but that's but, see that's where you have to be unselfish because a lot of, time for the very REASON i remember when they first started talking about lifetime. Benefits there are a lot of promeny guys And i'm not gonna call their. Name give me a million dollars AND i buy my own health. Insurance how that work out for the same thing you just. Said there are so few guys that say, Bad i'm never gonna get the franchise tag until they get the franchise.
Speaker 2: Tag and now look at.
Speaker 1: You and to a, point Oh joe Kurk, flood he never benefited from free, agency, right he lost you basically lost his, career so everybody else got free.
Speaker 2: Agency Spencer, Haywood, Right sometimes you have to.
Speaker 1: Sacrifice there are a lot of people that sacrifice for the greater, good even though they weren't there.
Speaker 2: To rip to reap the.
Speaker 1: BENEFITS a Doctor, king A MALCOLM, x so many of the freedom, FIGHTERS a lot of people sacrifice that didn't get the benefit of the, sacrifice, right that's what sacrifice.
Speaker 2: Means like, THAT i like the where you put. THAT i like where you put.
Speaker 1: That so, now, Okay i'll tell you what y'all want two franchise.
Speaker 2: Tags we want lifetime health.
Speaker 1: Benefits, yeah that's a good one because we don't have you get one franchise. Tag but you can't franchise me. AGAIN i GOT i. Need you, KNOW i already gave you a bigger. Concession now you get a bigger piece of the poet. OWNERS i got to close something, back right.
Speaker 2: Right it got to be beneficial.
Speaker 1: For lifetime health benefits or we got to do away with the franchise tag one or the. Other, yes and even if we don't get, LIFETIME i need at least ten fifteen, Years oh. Joe if the AVERAGE nfl career is three is three. Years, Yeah so the AVERAGE nfl player coming in at twenty two to twenty, three, Right so that means a vested player with three, years he's done at twenty, five twenty, Six oh, joe he gets five years of health benefits at thirty, one he's.
Speaker 2: Done, yeah he only hopefully.
Speaker 1: If like the average life expectan see if someone is like seventy five, years so he got another forty plus.
Speaker 2: Years.
Speaker 1: Woo but the guys don't think like, THAT O. Joe that money coming in so good and you're, like, HEY i will be. Able but when you don't have money coming in and you have it going, out and you get if you get a serious, injury you get a form of, cancer you get a, treatment it'll wipe your savings, out just like.
Speaker 2: That make you up real quick, too just like.
Speaker 1: That and with the price the, surgeries the price of the, medicine some medicine costing you twin fifteen twenty thousand a.
Speaker 5: Month especially, now especially, Now, hey oh my, god just the thought of.
Speaker 4: That huh, yeah how much you say medicine?
Speaker 6: Costs how much a? Month some of it's like ten, fifteen twenty fours in a. Month some of them cancer, Drugs my. GOODNESS i mean look AT i mean.
Speaker 2: Insulin look at. Insulin what's the insulin costs?
Speaker 1: You and people need two three injections a, Day the volume