Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is verdict with Senator Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you and Senator it is a big win for Donald Trump. This is, as some have described it, two in a row and two last places in a row for Nicky Haley. She says she's not dropping out, she's just begun and this thing's going to go on for quite a few more states.
Speaker 1: In her words. Give me your reaction to that.
Speaker 3: Well, the simple reality is this thing is over. Trump has won the Republican nomination. You and I are sitting here. It is eleven eleven pm on Tuesday night. So the votes are not fully counted. But as we sit here right now, seventy seven percent of the votes are counted. In New Hampshire, Donald Trump has one hundred and thirty nine thousand and one, which is fifty five percent, and Nicky Haley has one hundred and nine thousand and six hundred and thirty nine which is forty three v zero point four percent. So as we sit here right now, Donald Trump has an eleven and a half point lead in New Hampshire. The race has been called for Trump. He's gonna win New Hampshire. And so where do we stand? Where we stand is Trump won Iowa by thirty points, and Trump has one New Hampshire, and it's very likely he will live one New Hampshire by double digits. The exact margin won't be known until late in the night, but it is very likely to be double digits. Right now, it's eleven and a half points if any candidate wins Iowa and New Hampshire. The fat Lady singing Katie bar the door, it is over. The big question right now is what is Nicki Haley doing. I don't know. I think it is seventy thirty that Nicky Haley stays in now. Frankly, the rational thing for Nicki Haley to do is drop out now. And the reason is simple. She's headed to South Carolina. That is her home state. She was the governor there. She is going to get clobbered in South Carolina. It's going to be double digits. It could be as big as iwa it could be thirty points. And I will say, when you lose your home state by that kind of crushing double digit margin, it leaves a mark. Now, I mentioned I think the odds are seventy thirty that Nikki Haley does not drop out. She said that tonight. Her speech tonight was defiant. I'm staying in, I'm going the distance. I get that. And the reason I think the odds are seventy thirty she stays in is because she has a crap ton of money. The billionaire donor class is all behind her. Now, I got to say the billionaire donor class. Look, I know a lot of the Republican billionaires. They are astonishingly consistently wrong when it comes to politics. They keep supporting candidates who lose. And what's weird. Look, these billionaires have been incredibly successful business leaders. They know how to run companies, they know how to sell goods to customers, they know how to respond to data, and yet when it comes to politics, they are myopic. Their worldview is essentially, well, all the people in the country club agree with me, so that's what I'm going to do, And they don't notice that they keep losing and losing and losing and losing, and they don't have the rational response when your approach to politics is this isn't working, is to say, what am I doing wrong? Like apparently I'm misunderstanding. Oddly enough, the entire country is not like the country club in the Hamptons, like there are people in Flyover country who have a different view. The simple reality Nikki Haley has run as an unapologetic establishment moderate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where money is coming from.
Speaker 3: Look, look that's catnip to Republican donors. They are so excited. Yes, that's what they want. They want an establishment moderate. Listen, in virtually every state in the country, the numbers are establishment moderates are about thirty percent of the primary vote. Now, if you want to appeal to thirty percent of the primary bote, that's a great thing to run. As the problem is, and it's a simple question of math. Thirty percent does not beat seventy percent. And I don't know how these gazillionaires twist themselves into pretzels thinking my thirty percent is going to beat seventy percent because something's going to change. The rational thing, as I said, would be for her to drop out. I don't think she will because she's got so much money. As we talked about in yesterday's podcast, and this was an unusual week. I want to encourage you guys, if you are interested in the presidential primary process, this is going to be a week that we're going to put out five podcasts we put out one Monday. I gotta say, Ben, you really liked the Monday podcast? Is that fair to say? I did?
Speaker 1: It was one of my favorite ones we've ever done.
Speaker 3: So why so tell people why? Because for folks that are listening, if you didn't listen to Monday's podcasts, I think you ought to go back and listen. But Ben, tell people why.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 2: I love when people get to see the side of you that I know and I get to see and to hear you talk personally about your presidential campaign in sixteen and the blood, sweat and tears that goes into a political campaign, being privileged to be around your campaign in sixteen and working on the Bush campaign in two thousand and four and others, and understanding just how intense it is and to get your perspective on all of this, but also your memories was something that I was so happy that other people got to hear it because I've gotten to get some of those stories from you, and I even got some news stories from you on Monday as well. But we got done with it and I was like, this might be one of my favorite shows that we've ever done. Because it just showed a sight of you that I get to see that I want everybody else to see.
Speaker 1: If that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Well, look, one of the things that I think makes this podcast work is you and I are genuinely friends. We hang out together. We play tennis together. You kill me. We play pickleball together. You kind of suck at pickleball, dude, It's true.
Speaker 1: I hate it.
Speaker 3: We haven't played poker yet together, but I'll kick your ass at poker.
Speaker 1: I love the trash talking. This is also very accurate. It's extremely accurate.
Speaker 2: I won't remind you the one time we did play poker, but we'll keep going.
Speaker 3: Look when we started this podcast, and this is pre you. When I started this podcast with Michael Knowles and by the ways, like four years ago, and I didn't know what the hell of podcast was. I remember our first guest was Lindsey Graham. Yeah, Lindsay Graham came down to a basement in Washington, d C. And his question was what the hell is a podcast? And I wasn't much I felt sort of avant guarde because I knew what a podcast was, but I wasn't much more educated than he was. And some of the early and best advice I got is they said, Look of the best podcast is like you and I are sitting down at a dinner table. We have a couple of glasses of wine, and we're feeling good and we're talking, and we try to do that. We try to have a real conversation and because we're friends, because we've got sometimes we agree a lot, but sometimes we disagree, we've got different takes, and the back and forth is what makes it interesting. And all right, I'm gonna give all the podcast listeners an interesting insight. You may be wondering, Hey, wait, why do we have a podcast on Monday and then a bonus podcast on Tuesday, and then a podcast on Wednesday, and then a podcast we're going to have on Friday and then one on Saturday. Like that's where do you normally do Monday, Wednesday and Friday and than the Saturday recap? All right, so I'm gonna let you all in on the insight. Why So Sunday afternoon we recorded the Monday podcast and we did it, and it's funny. Ben had a bunch of topics he wanted. He wanted to get into China, he wanted to get into the border. He wanted to get into all this stuff, like all these ideas, and I was like, you know, I just think, like Iowen, New Hampshire will consume it all. And he's like, I don't know, that's ten fifteen minutes. I'm like, yeah, No, I kind of feel like I have more to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you were right on that one.
Speaker 3: And the interesting thing is, look to folks listening to this. You and I don't know what the hell we're gonna say. We're doing a podcast right now. You don't know what I'm going to say. I don't know what I'm gonna say. I mean, we part of what hopefully makes this interesting. We just have a conversation, and hopefully you and I are relatively non knowledgeable people and we have conversations about issues that matter and we sort of go back and forth and follow where the music goes. Anyway, Sunday we're sitting there, we're doing YouTube, and we recorded what ended up being an hour and ten minute podcast, and we started with I'm Talking with I when I did sort of a deep dive in the history of eye with the history of New Hampshire, the history of South Carolina, and I thought it was interesting. I like, like, look, this is what has determined the leader of the free world for the last fifty years. That's interesting stuff to me. But then after like thirty forty minutes we started getting into you asked, well, what does it mean to drop out? Ron Dessatus just dropped out? What's that like? And listen, there are not many people on planet Earth that have gone through like a winning presidential campaign that you almost win and then you don't and then you drop out and sort of the trauma and the personal relationships and the grassroots and all of the dynamics, and so I tried to talk about all of that, and that was sort of the second half of the pod we recorded. And then afterwards Ben said to me, Hey, I love this pod, but we get a problem. The second half is like a thousand times than the first half. Like the first half is kind of interesting in academic and theoretical, but the second half is And Ben, what you said is what you just said a minute ago, like, is why I listened to the podcast because it's stuff you can't hear anywhere other than Verdict. It's like insight from someone who's run for president come in second and almost one, and so you and I made a weird decision. We said, Okay, we have an hour and ten minute podcast we recorded, let's take the second half, cut it off and make it Monday's podcast because you said, and I didn't disagree, that's the most interesting and stimulating part. So let's give people what they'll like the best. But then I said, look, I thought the stuff about the history of Iowa and New Hampshire, South Carolina for me was interesting. Maybe I'm enough of a political geek that I'm interested in stuff that is not as sort of scintillating, but I thought it was really good stuff. And so we came up with Initially, I said, well, what if we put it out on Wednesday? And Ben said, all right, you moron, you can't put it on a Wednesday because Tuesday night the New Hampshire Wesday. Yeah, so if we put out an academic discussion of Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina on Wednesday, right after what happened in New Hampshire, people will be like, what the hell's wrong with you idiots? Yeah, so we came up with, all right, screw it, let's chop it up, make it a second pod. We'll just put it out on Tuesday Bonus pod see if you like it, and now we're here Wednesday. But the point of all of this is that it's meant to be real time, not different from right now. You're in Texas, I'm in DC. But if we were sitting at a dinner table, this is what I'd be saying to you, and you'd be saying the same.
Speaker 1: Presumably absolutely, And that's the part.
Speaker 2: That's the part that I love the most about getting to do this with you, is that people get to hopefully see that aspect and hear these types of conversations. And that's when we started tonight. I was like, all right, well, I got to know your thoughts on Nicki Haley.
Speaker 1: Should she drop out? And who gets to make that decision?
Speaker 2: If you've got the money to keep going, and Nicki Haley clearly has the establishment I would call it the rhino money to keep going. What is in it for her to keep going if you keep losing? I want to get your thoughts on that. Number one and number two. There is some politicking involved in this decision, and there's a theory that if she can hang on long enough, it gives her a better chance of being chosen as the VP to unify the party if it's divided for weeks on end. States keep coming and going and coming and going. And there's people that have said to me in the last eight or nine hours, hey, is Nicki Haley basically running for vice president? If she can extend it long enough, she's the last one standing that it may be in a position where Donald Trump's is fine, I got to pick you to unite the party because we're so divided because of this drag out, knockdown primary that we have your reaction about those questions.
Speaker 3: I don't think Niki Haley is running for VP anymore. I don't think Trump's gonna pick her as VP. I think she's running. She's decided. I am the great hope for the establishment. I am the never Trumper vision. And the problem is a lot of those never Trumpers have a ton of money and they can't stand Trump, and they'll keep writing checks, but they don't think enough about politics to think, how do you get to fifty one percent? And so I think she will stay in this race because, as we talked about on Monday and Tuesday, the reason virtually every single presidential candidate in history drops out is the same reason they run out of money. Nikki Haley hasn't run out of money. She's got people who will keep writing checks as they hate Trump, so I think she'll stick around. Now here's why I think it's dumb. I think every day and every week she sticks around will hurt her. And getting crushed in her home state I think will do real damage. And in my view, where we are right now, this is entirely about twenty twenty eight. I think if Nicki were rational, and I doubt she is. I like Nikki, and look, Nicky's a friend of mine, She's she's a nice person. But almost every presidential candidate is surrounded by sycophans. They're surrounded by sycophants who tell you what you want to hear. But even more importantly, their paycheck depends on you staying in the race. And so if everyone around you keeps getting paid, if you stay in the race, you know what's amazing. Their advice is stay in the race. Yeah, because they want those paychecks. And so at this point, I think they're looking forward to twenty twenty eight. I think any one of them that has an IQ in the double digit, forget triple digits, let's just get to double in the double digits. Recognizes Trump's won, He's going to be the nominee. But they're thinking, now, okay, let's stick around a long time, let's unify all the establishment moderate vote, and will be the great establishment hope in twenty twenty eight. Well, look, good luck to that again. Thirty percent doesn't beat seventy percent and getting your ass kicked in South Carolina and then in Super Tuesday and state after state after state. That's fine. The donors may not think that. They may think, gosh, if you lose every state, that's a great path to being elected president. I guess they can think that. I don't understand the reason behind it. So if I were on Nicky's team, I'd be saying, hang it up, it's time now. I'm not calling on her to do that, because, as we've talked about in this podcast, it's not my role to drop out. She's got to decide. But I think the path to victory for her is zero. Trump is the Republican nominee. He may win in November, he may not. I hope he wins. I'm supporting him. I don't know. I think he can win, but I think he also can lose. So I'm very worried about November, but I think the path for Nicki Haley to win the primary is zero point zero zero one percent.
Speaker 2: For ten years, Patriot Mobil has been America's only Christian conservative wireless provider, and when I say only trust me, they are the only one. Patriot Mobile is a great supporter, not only this show, which is why I'm proud to partner with them, because they support conservatives.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty four, my New Year's resolution was this stop giving money to people that literally hate my values, hate what I believe in. And that's one of the reasons why when I look down at my cell phone the top left corner, it says Patriot Patriot Mobile offers you just like I have right now, dependable nationwide coverage, giving you the ability to access all three major networks, which means you get the same coverage that you become accustomed to without funding the Left. You may not realize Big Mobile gives big donations to Planned Parenthood and a democratic causes and candidates all over the country. So why not switch to Patriot Mobile? Because when you do, not only are you sending a message that you support free speech, religious freedom, the sanctity of life, the Second Amendment, as well as our military, our veterans, and our first responders.
Speaker 1: But you're also.
Speaker 2: Making an impact and setting up for what you believe in moving forward with every single bill you pay. That's because they take five percent of your bill every single month, that no extra charge you, and give it back to the organizations that I just mentioned. All you have to do is go to Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict that's Patriot Mobile dot com slash verdict, or call them nine to seven to two Patriot that's nine seven to two Patriot. You'll get free activation when you use the offer code verdict as well. Join me and make the switch today. You'll love the service. Nine to seven two Patriot or Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict. Senator, I want to also ask you about one of the things that Nicki Haley said in her speech tonight, and she said it several times over the last couple of days, and that is that America doesn't need to eighty year olds trying to run this country, really turning this into an age issue. I think that can work with Joe Biden, but it's not so much as age as it's a clear cognitive decline. You don't see that from Donald Trump. You certainly didn't see it on stage tonight. And this campaign schedule and the way that he's out there campaigning is pretty intense. When you look at her saying basically, vote for me because I'm younger and he's too old. We've seen that and it backfired and Ronald Reagan it worked his advantage.
Speaker 1: Do you think this could be a major mistake?
Speaker 3: Well, as you note, Reagan, when Walter Mondale tried to make that an issue against him, said listen, I'll commit right now. The age issue is there, and I'm not going to use my opponent's youth and inexperience against him. And it was in the debate everyone cracked up laughing. Bondale cracked up laughing. It was just it was a funny line. By the way, you look at the backstories of the debate, prep Reagan's this is an eighty four has reelected. Reagan's team was terrified of the age question. They were worried that Reagan was too old, and Reagan basically told him I got this, and he did it crushed the issue. Now, listen, both Joe Biden and Donald Trump were older than Reagan was in eighty four. With Biden, the mental deterioration is massive, It is obvious. It is a real problem. I fully expect the Democrats to lean in and make the point that Trump has mental deterioration, not because it's true, but because they're trying to protect Biden. And so I get why Nicky's doing it. Look, NICKI is thirty years younger than Trump, so so fine making that argument, and people are all excited. So I'm in DC on Capitol Hill, the reporters were all parapatetic about Oh Trump confused Nicky Haley and Nancy Pelosi. Let me tell you some reality. If you give a ton of speeches with TV cameras on you all the time, you will misspeak, you will say some dumb stuff. And I'm going to tell a story, one of the most embarrassing stories from the twenty sixteen presidential campaign. So the last state that I competed in was Indiana, and as we talked about on Monday, I dropped out after we lost Indiana. One of the very last campaign events we did was in the gym where they filmed the movie Hoosiers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Hosiers is one of the greatest all time movies ever, and it may be it may be my single favorite sports movie. I like, I Love Hoosiers. Gene Hackman's a phenomenal actor. It's a great movie, Dennis Hopper, it just it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: And it's also, by the way, on brand with your passions for people that don't realize this your your way of getting exercises playing basketball. You still play two to three times a week every week, and that's that's what you absolutely love to do, is to play basketball. So for you to know that, you know the the movie Husers like the back of your hand.
Speaker 3: I love Hoosiers. So we did this great rally in the Hoosiers gym and it's the it's the one where they filmed it the movie. So it's the one in the little town. And so there's a great scene in the movie Hoosiers where this this little little team makes it to the big state championship. The big state championship is in Indianapolis, and this tiny country team is scared because, like the team from Indianapolis, it's a big public school. They're guys that are big, they're tall, they're like slam dunking like they're a hardcore inner city team and these like little country hicks are like, okay, how do we compete against these guys? And there's a great scene where Gene Hackman, they're in the gym in Indianapolis, the big city, and he goes and sends someone on the team. He says, go, go run a tape measure from the hoop down to the floor, and he said, measure the height of it. And he measures it and it's ten feet and Gene Hackman, the coach, goes ten feet exact same distance as our gym back home. And it's a way of making the point that like, look, we're playing the same game. It may feel scary in the big city, but this is the same game now. I was making the point because we just had the New York primary where Trump had won, and I was making the point, look, this is the same but we can win here. So I had my body guy, Bruce, whom I love. He he was the field goal kicker for Oklahoma State. We traveled all over the country together. I had him, I said in the middle of the speech in the Hoosiers gym, I said, Bruce measure a tape measure from the rim to the floor, and I said ten feet ten feet, the same as it is in Indianapolis. And I was quoting the movie. And I left the speech and I felt pretty good. I'm like, hey, I give a pretty good humdinger of a speech. And I walked off the stage and my team was ashen. They were like, oh my god, oh my god, like they were horrified. I'm like, what, what, Like, what did I do wrong? And apparently instead of saying measure to the rim, I said measure to the ring. And I didn't hear it. Like if you talk a million words, Look, you're a talk radio host, how many things have you said in the microphone? And if you talk a million words, I didn't hear it. I said ring, and I just my brain like it was a brain fart.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Diaz, who produces a show, has been with me now for a decade, and there's and and he laughs. He says, that's why he's here, because there's times I've said things like that's not right, and I'm like, what do you mean That's not what I said.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, you did.
Speaker 2: You said it wrong, And then sure enough he'll play it back to me, and I'm like, yep, I said that wrong. I got to correct it on the air during the next you know, in the commercial break.
Speaker 1: He's like, you got it wrong. I'm like, there's no.
Speaker 2: Way I screwed that up and said it that badly or missed you know, set it in correctly.
Speaker 1: And he's like, yeah, you did. I was listening. It happens.
Speaker 2: It just you put a microphone in front of somebody three hours a day, as.
Speaker 3: I say, say that many words, something you're gonna mess up. So so when I walked off stage, my team was horrified. I'm like, what I thought I did a good job, Like what what? I was really confused. So to call the rim a ring. Every late night host just had a field day with it. They're like, oh, the basketball ring and playing playing baseball with a stickety stick and football you throw the leather volleyball like it was. Look, the jokes are not hard and they were funny. I actually watch them and laughs. I'm like, yeah, that really sounds funny, like that what an idiot? And the thing, as you noted, that was like so painful. Listen. They are a crap ton of things in which I'm really ignorant. But I love hoops. So today I played two and a half hours of hoops. I play twice a week. I typically play Tuesday afternoons and Sunday night. I play probably five to six hours of hoops a week. I in high school, I was a mediocre to poor high school basketball player. I'd say I'm still a kind of mediocre to poor high school basketball player. I've about maintained my skill thirty five years later. But the crushing I love hoops. I DVR every single Rockets game and I watch most of them like it's basketball. If there's a sport I know and care about and love, it's basketball. And everyone mocked the hell out of me for calling the rim the ring, and I know what the hell the ring is. Look, I just did that there. I know what the hell the rim is. That's a good illustration. So all of the media is in a tizzy that Trump had a comment where he confused Nicky Haley and Nancy Pelosi. And I get it. It's easy, and it's frankly valuable if you have a political agenda, re elect Joe Biden, and the American voters are really concerned about the intellectual diminution of Joe Biden one of the best strategies to counter and say, yeah, but Trump is totally old and feeble too. Now, I think it's crap. And I'll tell you what. I'm gonna make a challenge to the press and the Biden White House. Let's have the November election decided right now. Give us Donald Trump and give us Joe Biden for an hour on a cognitive test, and the winner is the president. I'll take that because Trump will kick Biden's ass on that. And by the way, no one will take us up on that now, of course, not because there is a media and pr mandate. I think Nicky is leaning into a narrative the press wants to run with. And I get why. Look, if you're running against someone, if the press likes a narrative, you want to use it against your opponent. But I think it just doesn't fly the distance between. Is Trump older than he was eight years ago? Yeah, like the rest of us are. You're older. I am like, that's part of life. But there is no universe in which Trump's mental condition is remotely comparable to where Joe Biden's massive deterioration is.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you one another question on this.
Speaker 2: At what point does Nicki Haley become and these are my words, I want to be queer about that, a useful idiot for the Democratic Party, for the left, because the longer that they can drag this out, and I'm talking about the media and the Democratic Party, the better off it is for Joe Biden. You're not having to focus on one on one debates and attacks and back and forth even through the media with a Republican candidate and a Democratic candidate. It also, you know, they've tied him up in court. Now they can tie him up in a primary that can be extended. At what point does it become a real problem for Donald Trump to unify the country There is specifically conservatives the Republican Party, and it becomes such a big advantage for Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not worried about that. My prediction right now is Nicky Haley will drop out eighteen hours after the South Carolina primary.
Speaker 1: It be sure to beat down, you think, and it's her home state.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think she'll last to Super Tuesday. Listen the impact. By the way, going back to twenty sixteen, Marco Rubio who Marco stuck around too long and the fact that he's stuck around helped give Trump the nomination, but Marco dropped out right after he got crushed in the Florida primary. You cannot lose your home state, and particularly lose it badly and survive. And so I think Nicki. The smart thing for NICKI to do would be tomorrow to suspend her campaign. I don't think she will because I think she's got money in the bank and she wants to go. And you know, look, as they say in dumb or Dumber, you know, you know, do you have a one million chance? Yes, so you're saying I've got a chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's where she is. She's like one in a million, let's go. But I think getting crushed in South Carolina will end that campaign. I also think every day she stays in the race, she is hurting herself for twenty eight And at this point, I view the Haley campaign is entirely a twenty twenty eight campaign. Basically, Nikki Haley is campaigning against Glenn Youngkin, who is going to be the moderate establishment choice for thirty percent of the primary base. Okay, we'll see, there'll be someone. There's always someone. That's the way our primaries work, but I think the more she gets beat, the weaker she is.
Speaker 2: It's twenty twenty four and a lot of us are trying to get our finances in order. And there is some great news for homeowners, especially if you have got a new year's resolution, which is to get those finances in check. Interest rates have dropped and are now in the fives, a lot lower than they were last year. If you've been buried in high interest credit card debt and now's the time to break free, American Financing can help you access the cash in your home to pay off your high interest debt. Last year, their salary based mortgage consultants help customers save On average, I'd save an average of eight hundred and fifty four dollars a month. That's like giving yourself a ten thousand dollars raise. What a way to start the new year. And if you start today, you may be able to delay two mortgage payments. So call American Financing today eight to eight six seven five forty ninety that's eight eight eight six seven five forty ninety, or online at Americanfinancing dot net. That's Americanfinancing dot net. MLS eighteen twenty three thirty four mlsconsumer access dot org APR for rates in the five start at six point four zero six percent For well qualified borrowers, call eight to eight six seven five forty ninety for details about credit costs and terms. Cenator, I want to move to another issue real quick that has obviously become a very.
Speaker 1: Big deal and it deals with border security.
Speaker 2: Obviously New Hampshire is important, but can you explain exactly what just happened at the Supreme Court when it came to the Supreme Court ruling that the Biden administration, in a five to four decision can resume removal of the razor wire that was installed by the State of Texas along the border, specifically near Eagle Pass, and they say at least while the litigation is ongoing.
Speaker 1: What was even more.
Speaker 2: Shocking, I think is the fact that Roberts and amy Komy Barrett sided with left leaning justice to rule in Biden Administration's favor and allow the Border Patrol to go in and remove the razor wire, which the tech exist National Guard then put back up. At least from the latest videos we've seen from the border, this is a shocking moment. Many people in Texas are angry about this, saying what about states' rights here? And how could these two concerted justices side with the Biden administration.
Speaker 3: Look, this is a horrible decision. I'm angry about it. It is deeply disturbing. Fact. Number one, we are seeing an invasion at our southern border. Nine point six million illegal immigrants have crossed in under Joe Biden. It is deliberate. He wants this to happen. It is the worst illegal immigration in our nation's history. Number Two, it's deliberate. Biden wants this to happen. The Democrats want this to happen. They are facilitating it, they are accelerating it that they are actively wanting more and more and more of it. So Texas, understand annibly is responding to defend ourselves. I commend our governor. I commend our state legislature for acting to protect the sovereignty of Texas and for investing billions of dollars in border security and law enforcement and putting personnel in putting up barriers to try to stop this invasion of our state. Now, what happened on this case? It arose to the Supreme Court on an emergency appeal on an injunction. There was an injunction against the federal government to stop the federal government from cutting down the razor wire, the Constantina wire that Texas had erected, and the Fifth Circuit, the Federal Court of Appeals, had upheld the injunction. What happened today Tuesday is the Supreme Court, by a vote of five to four, vacated that injunction. What that means is, right now, the federal government has the legal ability to cut down that raz to allow illegal immigrants to continue invading the state. Now, the good news, the merits of the appeal is still pending, and so the Fifth Circuit can still rule on the merits of the appeal as to whether Texas has the authority. And by the way, the Supreme Court could still rule on the appeal. So it is possible that Texas prevails. That the results of an emergency appeal on an injunction are not always the same as the merits results on the substantive issue. So that's true. But at the end of the day, you had the three Liberals plus John Roberts plus Amy Cony, Burt Barrett ruling for the Biden administration saying you can cut down this razor wire. Now, on one level, I understand it that there is a heavy presumption in Washington in federal courts, which is that the federal government gets to trump the states, and that that is part of the Constitution. Is a supremacy clause that says the constance the federal law is the supreme law of the land. I think it is a real problem that John Roberts is a creature of Washington. I don't think he understands what is happening at the southern border. I think Amy Cony Barrett is a law professor from Indiana. I don't think she has any understanding of what's happening at the southern border in ordinary times. If this were just a regular time and a state we're trying to block what the federal government was doing, the Supreme Court would fairly routinely rule with feeds. What I don't think these justices have a real appreciation for is how horrifically bad it is, how lawless it is what the Biden administration is doing. There's never been a president who refuses to follow the law like Joe Biden did. So here's the statement that the Border Patrol Union put out today quote the Supreme Court's decision today is going to undoubtedly encourage more illegal immigration. Unfortunately, this means border patrol agents are going to be tied up dealing with give ups rather than going after the criminal elements that constantly cross our border illegally. The administration, no doubt will say this is a win for border security, but if they sought rank and file input, they would be told this will do the exact opposite. Agents support what Texas was trying to accomplish in the absence of true border security policies from this administration. I agree with the Border Patrol Union, and so I am angry. I'm frustrated. I think the Court is out of touch. I think they're just reflexively agreeing with the federal government against the States, and I think it is a profound mistake that continues the invasion that's happening in our southern border.
Speaker 2: To be clear, one other thing on that says, when you hear the Biden administration say that they are working to secure the border, I think everybody needs to lot remember this moment that they not only are they not, they went all the way to Supreme Court to make sure they could unsecure portions of the border where raids or wire was put up to secure the border.
Speaker 3: That's how much I understand. Hold on, I want to underscore what you're just saying. So today in the capital, as I was walking to the Capitol, lots of reporters wanted to ask me about this decision, and they said, well, gosh, Biden just says if Congress will pass the supplemental bill, then we'll have the ability to secure the border. And I said, listen, understand, Biden doesn't want to secure the border. He wants this crisis. He wants more illegal immigrants. And I said, for Pete's sakes, Biden is actively litigating against the state of Texas to stop Texas from securing the border. That's what they want. They want this invasion. And that's exactly what the Biden administration is doing with the emphatics part of essentially every Democrat member of the Senate and every Democrat member of the House.
Speaker 1: It will be a huge election your issue.
Speaker 2: We will keep covering it here that I can promise you, but I want to make sure that we got this out there. For many people that were asked that same question, why do these two justices a lot of people. You believe they were conservative and they screwed the state of Texas. They screwed conservatives, they sided with a Biden administration. Your explanation hopefully will make a little bit of sense to people and understanding of why this happened. And it's still being litigated. I think that's something else we need to be clear about. It's still being litigated and that will play out. How long will take for this to get a final ruling through this litigation potentially years.
Speaker 3: It could take a long time. And if Trump wins, it'll become mooded because Trump will stop litigating.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Don't forget we did this show Traditionally, Monday was a Fridays and a weekend review on Saturdays.
Speaker 1: This week we have given you five.
Speaker 2: Episodes that you will get, so we will see you back here on Friday morning. Don't forget hit that subscribe follow our auto download button, especially if you're an Apple.
Speaker 1: They've changed the algorithms.
Speaker 2: If you're listening Apple, make sure you're still have that check mark on the top right to follow this show. A lot of people have been saying, Hey, all of a sudden, the show stop downloading. You're gonna have to check that periodically from what we understand, so make sure you do that and the Center and I will see you back here on Friday.