Speaker 1: The volume. Get in on the action with Draftking Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. New customers who deposit five dollars or more can get no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars back in bonus bets. Download the Draftking Sportsbook app now and use code Shannon. New customers can get a no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars if your first bet loses. Only own Draft Kings Sportsbook with Cold Shannon. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight open wired text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueance. See DKNG dot com slash b ball for eligibility and depositve restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your host, Shannon Sharp, your favorite uncle, and he is Oh I got a name for you today, Rod Runner, Extraordinary Bengals Legend A Ring of Honoe, pro Bowler.
Speaker 3: Hello all pro mister chad O, Jo Sinko Risotto, come.
Speaker 4: Manil you, fister Rail.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, Hey, listen, I just I just told listen stuff like that is gonna make her head big ungest kind of embarrassing for me because I've been going places and instead of people addressing me as what's up? O Joe and like, hey, ain't you the dude that that's Dayton, I'm like, come on, bro, yeah, all I've done, all I've done in life, that's how you see me as?
Speaker 3: Is that what you see me as?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Mister Rail? Yeah? I don't.
Speaker 5: That's that's I think it's inappropriate. I think it's especially in public places. I think it's kind of disrespectful for all I've done in life to be addressed as oh you you buddy, that's Dayton?
Speaker 3: What you talking about?
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies, gentlemen, Welcome to another episode of Nightcap. I am your Hole Shannon Sharp right. I'm joined by you Know It Runner Extraordinary Bengals Ring of Fame Honoree all Pro a Pro Bowl player, the lesser half of mister Sharell Risotto Johnson, the lesser half.
Speaker 3: Like that. Thank you so much, guys.
Speaker 1: We're at one million, one hundred and fifty three thousand subs.
Speaker 3: Thank you for making this possible.
Speaker 1: Please please make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. You can listen through Nightcap Club Shay Shape, but we would greatly appreciate it if you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. Thank you, guys for selling out Shave by Laportier. We have We're only taking pre orders. We got a shipment in. We're going to be able to fulfill all the pre orders, and if you order, we're gonna get you caught up to speed. There was some confusion. A gentleman tweeted me yesterday and said he ordered it and did not get the box. The box was only for the inaugural release. What we did is that we wanted to do something special for the first twenty for the first people, the first twenty five thousand that order.
Speaker 3: The boxes are not gone.
Speaker 1: We thought about bringing the boxes back O Joe, but every retailer and this distributor said the boxes take up too much space.
Speaker 3: Too much space.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, process, that could be a hassle.
Speaker 1: Yes, So what we had to Okay, it's taking up too much space. They're not gonna be able to get the amount of inventory that they want because they don't have the shelves space or the warehouse space to high.
Speaker 3: So we made a decision.
Speaker 1: That we're going now come Christmas time, we're gonna do something special with gifts. So it's gonna be from here and there. But they no longer come with the boxes now. If you look at it, and I know some of you guys saw that in some places some of the team, some of them kept the boxes as a part of it. Now we now when you order it now, we don't have the boxes. When you order from the site, we don't have the boxes. But that was for a limited receipt lease. That was for the inaugural release. I do not believe now if there's any misunderstanding, maybe the gentleman thought that he was getting the box and that's why he ordered it. So I apologize for any confusion, but to my knowledge and to my understanding, the boxes were not promised in this last the last two releases, so the box was for a limited time only during the inaugural release, So if there was any confusion, me and the team sincerely apologized for that.
Speaker 3: But thank thank you for supporting Shave by Laportier.
Speaker 1: But the product is still the same, It's still smooth, it still tastes great, so we don't feel that you were short.
Speaker 3: Changed in any any way.
Speaker 1: We apologize if you feel that you've gotten short change, but the product is still outstanding, So thank you guys. We did get a shipment and we're gonna be able to fulfill all orders and if you order some now, we'll be able to turn around a lot quicker than what we normally would be able to. So thank you guys for supporting Shave by Lapotier. We have pinned the link at the top of the chat, so thank you guys for supporting us again. Oh Choll, let's get right into it. Time for our first topic of the day, and it is a news cap. Justin Fields was traded for the to the Steelers for a six round draft pick. The Steelers had just recently acquired Russell Wilson. In January, is Fenn's Jeremy Fowler wrote that consensus, consensus and an informal poll of the League of valuator is that Fields will fetch it's worth somewhere between a second or a third round pick in a pre draft trade at the NFL Combine and ending the Athletic Pole eight league coaches that executive who said Fields would likely go for a second or a third round pick.
Speaker 3: Oh cho, this affairs bought to this. I really think they do.
Speaker 5: But for them to let him go with not much value and consideration for the talent that he is, I see it as somewhat disrespectful in a sense. And that is how they thought of him, that is what they valued him, if that's what they got for conversation as far as concerned when it comes to Justin Fields to turn things around a little bit more, I was kind of confused by the move as well. I was kind of confused by the move as well. But when I put things together and putting in better contacts, seeing that Russell Wilson is on a one year deal, I'm assuming this would be a year for Russell Wilson to put a good resume together to put together some good film to get back to being a starter somewhere else in NFL following the following year, and I'm assuming Justin Fields is going to be quarterback one for the future for the Steelers. Now correct me if I'm wrong? Am I am? I right with this?
Speaker 3: I like the way that sounds. I believe so too.
Speaker 1: He gets an opportunity to study up one of a guy that's a bad professional, goes about his work. He understands the process of what it takes to become a great quarterback in this league.
Speaker 3: Russell Wilson earned his way.
Speaker 1: He was a third round draft pick they signed fleeing from Green Bay, gave him a lot of money, and Russ beat him out for the job. But it seems to me that Russ that Justin Fields has been informed that he's not going to even be allowed to compete for the job. I don't know how you tell somebody they can't compete for the job, because I'm going out of every day trying.
Speaker 3: To get better.
Speaker 1: O Joe so well, or you gave me the job that he got nothing to do with me, I'm gonna compete.
Speaker 5: I think it's a good thing that it did come out and say that right away, So there is no confusion that Russell Wilson knows he doesn't have to look over his shoulder. Small, small situation. In comparison Jimmy g when Tom Brady was a quarterback, there's a certain level of uncomfortability with having someone that is maybe not you, maybe not as good as you, but the fact that when he is in there he does play well. I think it's very unselling for quarterback number one. So I think the Steelers want to put in Russell's mind, put you at ease, letting you know you are a quarterback number one. Let's focus on the offense and what you need to do for us to get where we're trying to get to. And that's back in contention for one to the playoffs. In doing what we used to doing is trying to win a goddamn super Bowl, and I think Russell Wilson is the guy to do that. Even even though I'm a bang, I'm just going to be realistic and honest about what they have offensively in Russell Wilson.
Speaker 1: Oh, John, I remember this thing came up during the season. I said, no, Joe trade him at the trade there I said, they're not going to pass on two number one quarterbacks overall. They're not gonna do it. Justin Fields is not going.
Speaker 3: To be there.
Speaker 1: So the lady, you let this thing play out. O Joe, I know you got to get rid of it. Why would I give you asking price? Why would I give you a second or third round pick when I know you got to get rid of it. I know you can't have him looking over this rookie quarterback that you took over, that you took with the first full overall pick, and he was the startup for the past two and to have three years.
Speaker 3: I know that, So why would I give you what you asked for? Now? Chicago said, well, he wanted to go to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: You mean, so if you wanted to peeve Justin Fields, don't draft Caitlen Williams.
Speaker 3: So that told me that you really didn't want to appease it.
Speaker 1: Now you mean to tell me when was the last time somebody turned down a second or third round pick for a sixth round pick next year?
Speaker 3: Now that's damage controlled.
Speaker 1: Y'all lost out on this, and y'all let the quarterback Carrolsels get filled. You let Baker Mayfield go back to the Bucks. You let your cousins go to the Falcons. You see up Now, where was he gonna go?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You up against it. You look foolish just releasing him. But basically what you did you gave him a sixth right. You got a sixth round draft pick. If he plays, it can go to a fourth. But considering that he's not gonna play, so guess what it's gonna be a sixth round draft pick. They Chicago watched this from the beginning because I would have traded him last year. I would have traded him at the trading deadline knowing that I'm not passing up this quarterback of Caleb Williams two. So you mean to tell me you're gonna pass on a CJ. Bryce Young, CJ. Stroud and Caleb Williams in back to back seasons. Now, come on, man, trade him at the trade deadline. You weren't going anywhere. Guess what you got the first pick, and now you might have had the second or the third pick, So now you really could have got You could have got your quarterback, you could have got your receiver.
Speaker 3: Now you get Keenan Allen. So maybe maybe you good? Who knows?
Speaker 1: I don't believe Marvin Harrison Junior is gonna fall to nine.
Speaker 3: No, I don't believe you will.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe you can get that, maybe you can get an offensive tackle, maybe you can get the all kid out of know today, know today? At nine, maybe you get a pass, maybe you get a pass rushing, maybe you get something.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, O Joe, I.
Speaker 1: Would have traded Justin Fields last year at the trade deadline before or I definitely would have traded him before. I would have traded him before during the trade deadline, but I'm definitely trading him before free agency because once that happened, O Joe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all, but that that's showing your hand too. Huh, that's showing your hand. That's what the Bears didn't want to do. The Bears didn't want to show their hand. They I think they they overanalyzed and they overthought and put themselves in the in the pickle oo over overanalyzing, over overthinking ship instead of in trying to.
Speaker 1: Trying to when you were red fr d M, you mess was no more. I ain't gonna show my hand.
Speaker 3: You put an I got this one. Oh yeah yeah you Taylor, Who the hell you flew with Yeah, I mean we all we all knew that, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure why management or the organization, why you playing games? Are you trying to fool This is a generational talent that's coming into the league.
Speaker 3: It's okay, Yes, it's okay.
Speaker 5: There there there, there's a certain notion that you have to be secretive, that they have to wait till the last minute and make it like it's a surprised this one for goddamn surprise. You know you're drafting them. You know you're drafted. Just go ahead and do what you need to do and set your team up, set your organization up for the future.
Speaker 1: Let me let me, let me tell me, stay with Mario Jordan. See if you can agree with me what they were trying to do. They didn't want to take their hands. Oh we might keep justin fields. So somebody needs to come in and give us a first or third because there's the potential of us keeping him. And if they want to read, if they really won't him, that means they're gonna have to prime away from us. Right See, they were trying like, we don't know what the rest we're gonna go in. We're not saying anything trying to drive justin Field's value.
Speaker 3: Up, got you up right right right. But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: If you got a car, oh Joe, you know this about automobiles. You don't buy them like you used to. But you know, every three to four years they come out with a new model, a new body, a body style. Now you get left with Okay, Now you wait until the body style was actually out and see if you're gonna get what you would have got had you got rid of it two years ago or a year before the new body.
Speaker 3: Style came out. And that's what happened.
Speaker 1: They let a new a new body style, They let a new quarterback potentially hit the market, which is Caleb Williams. I know you got to get rid of that old body style. What you looking like having two of the same car though, you and your driveway?
Speaker 5: I have another question, another question for you. Obviously I don't know the record, but at the trade deadline, yes, well, at the trade deadline, how are the Bears doing as a team. I know they didn't have a great sea Yeah obviously because they're picking first, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's Carolina's big, that's Carolina's big. So you already know you got that in the bag? Oh yo, you already the bag. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think I'm assuming maybe they didn't want to trade him at the trade deadline because the team might have been there might have been some type of momentum, some going on offensively. I just just something about even the fans were chirping about keeping them, and I think the Bear just didn't want to make that move in season while things were going going the way they were, even though they were I'm not saying they were playing well, but were there was They played well in Spurs, they had great moments to Bears did they have offensively? So I think that might might have been one of the reasons why they didn't let him go at the trade deadline.
Speaker 3: In this notion where he wanted to go to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Really, so you want to go to a place where you know you're not going to play at least, what about it they trade you to a place they say, yeah, we'll let you come in and compete for the job. So you want to go in your sitting.
Speaker 3: On the bit is that that we're not We're not wired like that. Yeah, no, no, no, absolutely not. Everybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everybody's a competitor. You know you don't want to go sit on the bench. But I think with understanding, with understanding and common sense for Justin Fields and knowing that Russell is on a one year deal, knowing that sitting behind a perennial Poe, but a perennial Pope, pro bowler, a Super Bowl champion, I not. This is my job next year, for the for the foreseeable future. So you know what, I'm okay with that. I'm okay with that. And we talk about Justin Fields is young, we talk about the next ten years. This can be your job. And I'm about to say in Philly, in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, According to Ian Rappaport, the Bears had several offers from Fields this offseason, but send him to Pittsburgh because that's what Fields preferred. At least four additional teams inquired about trading for Fields, but Phield's representation asked for him not to be traded there. He wanted, he wanted to be He wanted the Steelers, and the Bears did right by him.
Speaker 5: What you mean, I have a question, Yeah, what if what if he did want to go to the Steelers and understanding he could beat out the quarterbacks that were there previously, before Russell Wilson got traded.
Speaker 3: Before. I'm maybe maybe those are the words.
Speaker 5: From Justin Fields and none of the standing. You know what, Mason Rudolph, Yeah, maybe he can beat I can beat those guys out.
Speaker 3: I want to go to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: But all of a sudden boom, then Russell Wilson goes exactly and now things changed.
Speaker 3: Right, so your thought process should change.
Speaker 5: Well, you gotta think, all right, all right, let's let's let's let's take it now, let's take it back. Let's say your thought process changes. Oh, ship, Russell Wilson's in Pittsburgh. Now, now where else do you go? We have a chance to beat up beat a quarterback out.
Speaker 3: Think about it? Well, going.
Speaker 1: He can be our gardener, minshew, he could be that aid and O'Connell.
Speaker 5: That that that'd be good when him and garter.
Speaker 3: Garden.
Speaker 5: This gardener mentioned has been the starter before. Now Jackson he looked, he look damn good. He played good, and he pay good in Spurts as well. But I don't I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. I think that's exactly what happened. He wanted to go to Pittsburgh, and all of a sudden, the Russell Wilson deal goes down and boom, oh ship, Now I'm stuck and it's already out there on where you want to go. So you had no choice. You got you got to pull the trigger.
Speaker 3: He better than the Jazz. He beat that. Daniel Jones.
Speaker 5: Oh, they just paid They just paid down all that money, you know they. I think they would purposely let Daniel start for the next two years because they paid him so much. They're not gonna have that much money sitting on the bench.
Speaker 1: The Broncos paid Russ all that money, The Packers played Aaron Rodgers all that money. Philly paid a Carson Wentz all that money. We've seen him eat forty eight eating eighty million, eating forty million, eating forty eight million, thirty eight million. So don't give me that they don't pay no, no, no, no, no. They'll eat that money on Joe. They'll eat that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it was too late, though, especially with representation already saying where you wanted to go.
Speaker 3: You think they got that quarterback, quarterback his quarterback.
Speaker 5: Oh Dave yo, that would have been a perfect situations. Kirk Kirk Cousins went he got to Atlanta. Yeah, I mean it was last week, right, yes, yeah, See all this has probably been going on behind the scenes for a very long time, and he wasn't thinking that. He wasn't thinking that representation didn't know as well. You don't know where players are going until it actually happens.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, though, behind the scenes, they be knowing, agents be talking. Yeah, hey, they playing off each other.
Speaker 3: So what do you hear? What do they what do they offer you? What do they offer your guy?
Speaker 1: Because most time agents have multiple clients and they're not all one position. Only two quarterbacks have one hundred or more interceptions and sacks taken in the last two seasons, both of them not played for the Steelers, Russ and Justin Fields. So when you combine the sacks and the I n t's over the last two seasons, both of those guys have at least one hundred.
Speaker 3: The Steelers turned up.
Speaker 1: Think about this, The Steelers just turned to Picket Trubisky, Mason Rudolph quarterback room and the Justin Fields of Russell Wilson, and all they gonna cost them a third was a third day draft pick next year and one point two million dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Steve has been doing it. Yeah, listen. I think it's a great steal.
Speaker 5: I think it's a great I think it's a great the great steal, but it's a great steal. It's a great steal because we know what Russell Wilson is capable of doing. And I think he's going to look like the old Russell Wilson based on the organization. He's with, a winning organization. The head coaches with one that's not going to rate him and disrespect them publicly, like you know who did it out out there different. They're going to allow Russ to cook and do what he's used to doing.
Speaker 3: The fact that.
Speaker 5: We're coming out and saying you are a quarterback number one, to put you at ease and allowing you to focus on learning the offense. And I think they're gonna hit the ground running. I really think they're gonna hit the ground running because the level of talent, and you know, a quarterback is only as good as a supporting cast, only as good as supporting cast. And you god, damn you've seen the flash is with that young boy with uh with young Bull could do that? Damn it? Oh uh Pickens, Pickens oh yeah, oh man, we've seen the flashes. Now, if we can get him to play hard on every play, I know what you're gonna say about the block. We get him, We get him, We get him going on every play. Listen, we talk about we talk about a young fellow man. He taking everything to the house. Short routes, intermediate routes. He can go deep, he can do he can do it all. Naja Harris is exceptional as well. Warren with the ground, with the with the ground and prown and what's what's what's the what's the Jayleen Warren number thirty? Oh but that boy know he get told that rock boy.
Speaker 3: He fast.
Speaker 5: They got a nice little dynamic there in the backfield, and I think they can they can protect protect Wilson, Russell Wilson as well. They're gonna be They're gonna be alright, Well until they play the Bengals, they're gonna be alright.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what do you think what's the what's their record? What's the Steelers record next year? Seventeen game schedule? What do you what do you think they'd be ten and seven, eleven and six, twelve and five and eight nine?
Speaker 5: I say nn Nton playoffs not in any playoffs. They definitely going to the playoffs, right, They're definitely going to the playoffs.
Speaker 3: All I know is my Broncos better put something at quarterback.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, hey listen, you might y'all might chalk it up. Broncos fans might might as well get ready for the Tears.
Speaker 3: No, they better not.
Speaker 5: Mightters what we get ready for the tears? Matter of fact, you know the Broncos need to do. I don't who who the quarterbacks the Broncos got right now?
Speaker 3: Uh? Jared Steel them and Ben Denucci, Jared Stidham.
Speaker 5: Every time you drop back to throw the ball, just look for Brandon Johnson.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's you say.
Speaker 5: Right there, my nephew, Brandon Johnson, What.
Speaker 3: Position do you play?
Speaker 5: Receiver?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Get get get here, get the knowing, get the knowing. Is Courtland Sunton still there? Yeah? Well no, no, hold on, hold.
Speaker 5: On, they're gonna double court They were rolling well what fourteen?
Speaker 3: What fourteen to ax? I don't care.
Speaker 5: We're going to Brandon Johnson every time.
Speaker 1: Jared still them, Ben Denucci, throw it to Courtland Sutton or throw it out of bound.
Speaker 3: Those are your doubts, your two.
Speaker 5: Options again, No, that's not that I'm telling the right option to Johns.
Speaker 3: I like meam no, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: Memes is nice, is very nice. But again I'm telling you the answer. I'm telling you it's the problem. If you want to solve the issues at the receiver position and who's next up in line as one of the best, I'm telling you what to take the ball, Throw it right to eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Uh. Mike Cliss's reporting of News nine suggested that for now, still them is most likely the starter, and the team would look to add a rookie in the mix. Broncos were limited what they can do for one big reason. By releasing Russell Wilson. They can they accumulated a massive dead cap here and cannot compete with top quarterback salaries Sam Donald. Sam Donald cost from Minnesota Vikings ten million, a contract that would have cost the Broncos rustling half of their entire available caps made. Hmmm, well that's why, Hey, when you make those kind of decisions, when you make those decisions, okay, you have to live with the ramifications that come with the decisions that you might You.
Speaker 3: Made the bed.
Speaker 5: You gotta line it. Like my grandma used to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think the thing is O Yo. Look, I get it. It's a lot of times when new coaches, new staffs come in, they want their own people. But look, I just don't believe that Sean Payton gave Russ a fair chance. I just think he came in and heard some of the things that had been going on for the year that he prior to him being there, and it just rubbed him the wrong way. But I hope this thing works out, because at the end of the day, I don't have no law to this.
Speaker 5: Sean Payton, let's be realistic.
Speaker 3: You hope what works out. I hope this situation where him doing what he's doing.
Speaker 5: Wait, you know, the situation is not going to work himself out until you have You are only as good as your quarterback. You're only going as far as your quarterback is going to take you to understand you guys don't have a quarterback. Oh ship, you ain't gonna be able to get no quarterback for another two three years.
Speaker 1: Well, I know they ain't gonna get one this year, but they should be able to get one next year.
Speaker 3: Damn. Like who well maybe everybody else.
Speaker 5: Everybody else is locked in.
Speaker 3: Everybody else is locked up.
Speaker 5: Well, you think somebody magic just gonna appear and all of a sudden it just become great out the blue. No, that that's not how it worked. Ain't never worried where you going.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing though, O Joe. At the end of the day, the Broncos jumped the gun. Because Russ had two more years left from that contract. They didn't have to do anything at least. Wait, say, you know what, this is a new invit he gotta learn a new offense. He's in the new he's in a new environment. Let's see how this first year, the first year would have told you I'm not doing anything the second year.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I think it's their own fault. It's their own fault. You didn't you didn't have You think it's more. You think it's more Sean Payton's doing.
Speaker 1: I thought the Broncos were doing extending, and when they didn't have to, you didn't have to, ojo. He's about to start the extension this year. He played two years on this old deal. They gave you more new money. You didn't have to do that. Since look at Russ, this is a new offense. You're in a new place. We're gonna see how we want you. That's why we traded for you and gave up the compensation that we gave But we want to see how this first year goals. Well, if you see how the first year goal, guess what, Ojoe, you're not going to extend him, and so now you make him play the second year. Now you get to move on, no harm, no foul. You got all your available cap space.
Speaker 5: Anything I would have, I would allowed Rush to get to his third year a little bit more for me, right, It's like being in a.
Speaker 1: Relationship when you already know it's done and you just hanging on. You're like, you know, the relationship is over. She doing her thing, you doing your thing. What the hell you staying for?
Speaker 5: But yeah, but you're still under the same roof.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, that's that thing. They yeah, yeah, yeah. So it's gonna be very very interesting to see how that plays out. Hopefully they can. They can make something out. Not a whole lot Frustrated with ticket buying experience, Game Time is the only ticket app that gives you peace of mind with your purchase. They let you see the view from your seat before you buy, so you know exactly what to expect. When you arrive, they're all in prices, show you total upfront, so you always know you're getting a great deal and it takes no time at all. You can buy tickets and seconds with two taps. Take the guesswork out of buying tickets. With game Time, download the game Time app creating account. Redeem code Nightcap for twenty dollars off your first purchase.
Speaker 3: Terms apply again.
Speaker 1: Download the game Time app, enter the code Nightcap nig ht cap for twenty dollars off. Download Game Time Today Last minute tickets, Lord's Price guaranteed. Speaking of quarterback rooms, the Browns current quarterback situation have this Shaun Watson QB one, Jameis Winston is two, Drian Thompson, Robinson, Tyler Hunt.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 5: I like that they got damn hey they quarterback room, like new addition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, first of all, you already know they ain't keep it day keep it first. When you got quarterback that's making that much money as a starter and a backup, making that much money, you don't look keeping two.
Speaker 5: Well, you got to have a third though. You gotta have a third. You gotta have a third for for for scout team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but most of the scout team is gonna be taken by Jamis because that's gonna be where he gets his work. You know, you know how they take two reps. You know you got ten reps. The backup take one or two. Deshaun takes most of them. He gets most of his work doing scout team. Right, But you know you're right, you might you know who the odd man out? Who the odd man out? Drian has Tyler Hunt. They ever won a game. I'm not sure he ever won a game. Remember he was in Green Bay. Wasn't he in Green Bay? Didn't get draged by Green Bay. I don't think he's ever won a game. That was the up to the raven Oh yeah, I like him, Yeah, I like you.
Speaker 3: I like him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's nice.
Speaker 3: He's nice. But damn the rock damn. I didn't know the Ravens got rid of him. I like him. He played well, Yeah, he played well. When he was in there, I was thinking.
Speaker 1: About the guy from you uh, the one that went to Green Bay. I was thinking to him, my bad, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Chat Uh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's gonna be interesting. That's a that's a very interesting quarterback room. Like I said, I have a brief conversation with Deshaun in Vegas. He seemed good. Obviously, he went through our hash H surgery on his shoulder, and see how soon he's gonna be Obviously they'll take it slow, but he should be He should be pretty close to being able to throw here in the next uh.
Speaker 3: What four to six weeks here, Oh Joe, Yeah, by the time he gets to T by the time they go to O T A Y. He should be good. He definitely should be good. Ocho.
Speaker 1: One of the great defensive players, one of the great NFL players of all time, he decided the call of the career. Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald announced his retirement Friday after ten dominant season. In those ten seasons, Aaron Donald a three time Defensive Player of the Year. He's won of three players to win that award at least three times, along with Lawrence Taylor and JJ Watt. He's also an eight time First Team All Pro and a ten time Pro Bowl selection. He was a Pro Bowl selection every single year of his career, and he was an eight time First team All Pro. Donald's one of the two defensive players since the merger happened in nineteen seventy to earn a Pro Bowl selection each of the first ten seasons. Alongside Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor Donald, Aaron Donald and Bars Sanders are the only players in NFL history to play ten seasons get elected to the Pro Bowl in each of those seasons. Bars Sanders played exactly ten season, retiring in nineteen ninety eight. Aaron Donald played ten seasons, end of his career with one hundred and eleven sacks, the second moste among primary defensive tackle Johnny Ramdake got kicked out the defensive ing Ladyer's career. He ended his career with one thirty seven and a half. The sack became an official stat in nineteen eighty two. He is the greatest, the defensive player of his generation. Will we see another Aaron Donald? Oh man, that's a good one.
Speaker 5: That's a good one because I didn't even know Aaron Donald was going to be Aaron Donald coming out of pit I had no idea he would turn into the monster that his chastise offensive lines and quarterbacks the past decade.
Speaker 3: I had no idea.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure at what point it clicked for him once he got to the next level, but it did it did Obviously, the defensive line position is something that I've never really paid attention to. So maybe other people that did pay attention to him in college knew what he was before he even got the NFL.
Speaker 1: I thought, oh, Joe, I watched him at pit and I was like, damn, But I didn't know he was that small. I didn't know he was that short.
Speaker 3: He's not small. Now he might be compact, but he put it. Yeah he's stout, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And so I remember seeing him. I remember seeing him his rook heading into the draft and.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm like, is that Aaron Donald. I'm like, damn, But you.
Speaker 1: Watch your hands. You watch the way he has hands like a wide receiver getting.
Speaker 3: Off the bump.
Speaker 5: And his feet his feet, and so are Donald. Listen areon. Donald is one of the few, one of the few defensive players that I've seen at that size. And his footwork is exactly and I'm not exaggerating, Chad, his footwork is exactly just as quick, just as just as Ballard Ballerina, like a wide receiver, just as quick. I mean, his movement, his ladder movement is I'm like, man, what the hell you're not supposed to be moving the way he moves at that size, at that position, which gives him an advantage against anybody. I don't care whether you double even in my note.
Speaker 3: Right he's his first step off the ball.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the way he can turn, speed, the power, yeh can bend the edge.
Speaker 3: I mean he has no weakness rushing the quarterback.
Speaker 1: He can boil you. He could hump you. Uh, he could bend the edge. He turned like I said, he could turn.
Speaker 3: He could.
Speaker 1: The way he could set you up. I mean, this isn't chopped, and he's by you. And because he's playing that cock three, he's in that three technique. And so now he's right there on your quarterback. Now you better not missing it with your hands. Your hands better be good because he's right there on your quarterback. He's right there. And then they started moving him up and down, and so now he's turning east door hammer. Okay, that was lock, that was lockft would open.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then, so that's what you do with your premium line. You slide him up and down the line. Okay, where's the week link? You better not be the week leak that day because hes gonna wear your ass out. Yeah, and that's what and that's what he was able to do. Man, he played the under tackle. He could pay five.
Speaker 5: And the funny thing about it, depending on where he's positioned on the field, his technique changes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's taking changes based on worry. That mate.
Speaker 5: I could watch him, to watch him get skinny on a double team.
Speaker 3: And still get through.
Speaker 5: His hands is good on contact you can't get you can't get hands on him because he oh, he can get small, he can go low, he can dip a shoulder left or right. Man, It's just everything about him is phenomenal. And on top of that, it's what I call being well rounded. Some people are just strong and have no technique. Some people have great technique and aren't strong. But when you got both be able to put it all together at one he.
Speaker 3: Was so good.
Speaker 5: You get Aaron Donalds.
Speaker 3: He was so good.
Speaker 1: He was so good with that, mister miyall get wax on, wax off? Yeah, wait quick, I mean, oh, Joe you that. I would just wish people I could like understand the intricaces of rushing the paster because obviously, you know, I didn't block a lot, but I did have to understand so I had to watch what was his move?
Speaker 3: What was the guy set up move? What was his initially trying to do? Okay?
Speaker 1: Was he was he trying to get me to set my feet, because now if I set my feet, he gonna bull me. I understood that. Okay, if I got lazy with my hands, he's gonna chop me. And now I ain't got no. I always had to be strong with outside. I understood that because hey, I know John's taking seven and the last thing I want to do I can let him step up. So I never gonna let the guy beat across my face because if he gets round the edge, I can push him around. John shn step up in the pocket. So you just have to understand who you're dealing with, and what's this? What's this set up move? Okay, once I shut down this set up move, now we can play football. Never let him beat you with his initial move, O, Joe. If a guy likes to bull, no, you got to sit heavy. If a guy likes to get round the edge, no, you got to take that kick you. Hey, you gotta kick harder than your think. You can't get lazy with that kid. Hey, you got to get up out of that old Joe, because if you don't, he's running the edge. And so that's the thing. Once once, once you make contact. Okay, you stuffed this initial move. Now you play football, Not now, oh Joe, we're in the street fight. He's trying to throw me. I'm trying not to get thrown, right.
Speaker 5: And then another question, Yeah, another question that I thought about someone that has played so well as he has. Were they trying to was he trying to beat them to the punch and trying to make it take a pay cut?
Speaker 3: No, hell, he's this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, even though, but I'm just trying to think, why would Aaron Donald, at such a great point in his career, when he's playing so well, why would he want to retire? I don't think he's not one that's been injured much, you know, because.
Speaker 1: The thing the thing is with him is that he's one of the few players they bang every time. You know, you don't know, you'll get no plays on because he got that guard.
Speaker 3: They bang it. Yeah, yeah, okay, he playing.
Speaker 1: No fifty plays because you know, they're sixty five plays and he's probably playing forty five to fifty of those. Boom boom boom bo. The double team. I mean, think about it, the double team, the triple team. They're doing everything they possibly can because when you go into an offensive meeting, they normally have We had we had the Reggie White circle, we had the Bruce Smith circle, we had the Derek Thomas circle, we had the Johnny Ramp. You couldn't beat them if you couldn't block those guys. Now, we played Minnesota when they had when they had purple rain, they had Chris do One, d had Chris Millard, that had at Henry Thomas. If you're from Minnesota, if you're a football fan, you know what I'm talking about. And they had al Noga and boy, they start blowing down horn on showing that dome.
Speaker 3: They just stop. Lord, they just stop. They was hell.
Speaker 1: So you know going into the game, who you must neutralize to have a chance, because if you couldn't block Aaron Donald, you couldn't beat them. LT was the same way LTLI. You couldn't block LT. Everybody that's l teammate too. And I tell people this is why you can make a case L T is the greatest greatest player because he made two positions things. Because if you didn't have a left tackle, you couldn't beat the Giants, And then everybody went and got they win, got the Cornelius Benness, they went, got the Derreck Thomas. They win't got the Bond Miller's. They wouldn't got all those guys, the TJ.
Speaker 3: Watts. That's alt all the chops. See. LT wasn't good enough to drag the quarterback down. LT was with the chop. So that's when I say it's hard for.
Speaker 1: Me to say the greatest greatest player in the NFL history because he's the only guy that made two positions famous right nobody no left tackle? Yeah, well you better get one Minnesota when I got Gary Zimmerman and they went, I got out the Joja Cort and they went and got all these guys Jimbo.
Speaker 3: Because if you couldn't block fifty six, you couldn't beat the Giants. You couldn't. That's crazy, man.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm mad. I'm I'm I'm saying, I'm saying shit. I'm sad to see him.
Speaker 3: God damn, I M two. I am too.
Speaker 1: He rode on social media throughout my career. I've given my everything to football, both mentally and physically. Three hundred and sixty five days a year was dedicated to become the best possible player I could become. I'm excited about off field opportunity possibilities. I'm looking forward to spending more time with my wife Erica, my kids, Jada, a, j Aleric and Alia. The greatest reward was being able to play this game with them by my side. And I can't wait to watch them live out their dreams, just as they watched me live out mind.
Speaker 3: Mm that's a liar, that's dope, that's I know you're gonna see that. I wish you the best man here, A great dude.
Speaker 1: Man had an opportunity to speak, had talked, talked to him a little bit, got a chance to know man. Like I said, old Joe, I came up in an era where you know, we had a lot of those great defensive players, the Reggie, the Bruise, the l T, the Derreck Thomas, Johnny Randall. Uh hey, when it's all said and done, now you're gonna rank them how you want to. But he got those three differensive players For me, I give l T a slight nod because, uh, I mean, you went int l l T wasn't MVP as a defensive player. No, I'm not saying Defensive Player of the Year old Joe. I'm saying m DP the award that Lamar Jackson got, that defensive player got player.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he was dominant. I don't think people I don't think people understand because they weren't. Would have had to be you that You would have had to have been there to see it to understand how effective and dominant Lawrence Taylor was.
Speaker 1: He remember when he first got to now he was Rookie of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year the other year. Yeah, so that'll be that'd be equivalent of who's ever coming out in the draft this year when's defensive Rookie of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year in the same season. And remember when LT came out, the sack wasn't an official stat. The sack did become a stat until the year later.
Speaker 5: Right, That's that's crazy.
Speaker 3: And you know it's funny.
Speaker 5: You know on on Wednesday, on Wednesday and Thursdays, you know I always always go to Twin Peaks and go to Twin Peaks to watch my soccer games. And who you think is always coming from the golf course with his boys the come smokers.
Speaker 3: Every time, every time.
Speaker 5: Gee, yep, same time, every time, three o'clock when the games come on at three o'clock. Alt oorys right there, yep.
Speaker 1: Kurrent Cousins not going to apologize excuse me for my financial success. Many have said this week that if the NFL had a Hall of Fame for letting big contracts, Cousins would be a first ballot inductee. He signed a four year deal with the Falcons worth one hundred and eighty million one hundred million fully guaranteed fifty million at the time of signing. If he completes this four year deal, Cousins will have earned four hundred and eleven million excuse me, three hundred and thirty which will be fully guaranteed. But Cousins shrugged off the notion that people think monetary success over on field play. I'm not going to apologize for the fact that I've been that I've been a great blessing financially for my family. But my year in Atlanta, but my year in Atlanta, year in Atlanta, I certainly want to be able to be about how I won a Super Bowl and how I won a.
Speaker 3: Lot and that's that's nice. That sounds cute.
Speaker 5: That sounds one thing sound obviously has a quarterback, you're going to say all the right things. When there's a camera in front of you, You're going to say all the right things.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 5: Kirk Cousins is a God fearing man and one thing about God, he has favor and he has been blessed beyond means as a quarterback who has done very little on the field as far as winning, yeah, playoff wins, going to super Bowls, he has one playoff win, correct one. But again, the consistency in which he plays at a high level in the regular season is I think one of the things and why he's able to command the money that he does. And I think it's overlooked because there are not very many quarterbacks that you can go and pick or go and get and say, you know what, I'm willing to pay this individual and you turn a blind eye to his post season success because of what he does in the regular season. One of the few and one of the things that are very important when any player, regardless of position, when the timing of when you're up matters so much. Yes, and the timing for Kirk Cousins has always been on.
Speaker 3: His side always.
Speaker 5: It's always been on the side always. You're coming to you're coming out of acl injury, and you just signed a four year, one hundred and eighty million dollar deal with a team that is in need, in dire need of a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, people need to we use the term free agency because you're free. Free agency is not about being good. It's about being free, right because we've seen numerous guys and I don't begrudge him, but I just got to speak honestly about it, right timing, like you said, is free. I'm free. Okay, we got to spend his money on something. We gotta pay somebody. Well, he's the best we need that position, He's the best available in that position. Okay, let's go pay him, cause I got to overpay him to get him to leave the environment that he's already in. Why would Why would I leave a system that I'm already familiar with. I'm comfortable with. I know what the I know what to expect from them, they know what to expect from me. My family's here, but kid probably have kids that go to school. I'm entrnsed in the community. So why would I'm paying for you to uproot all of that and starting inconvenience. You're paying for the inconvenience, Yeah, and replant it here.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But listen, I listen with Kirk Cousins there. I know one thing. The numbers for Drake London, the numbers that I've expected. Kyle pissed the half since he left Florida like he did in his rookie year. Yep, those womens are going to be consistent from now on.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 3: I know they gonna put up some numbers.
Speaker 1: Now, were they better? He I'm paying forty five million for a quarterback. I better get some target. I mean, the quarterback better be able to hit my receipt, hit the receiver.
Speaker 5: And he finish slang that ball. They're gonna sling that ball now, that's the very thing he can do.
Speaker 1: Patrick Queen, who's now arrival of the Ravens, says he can't wait to be a rival of the Ravens. At his introductory press conference after signing the Steelers, Patrick Queen, Patrick Queen acknowledge he hasn't always added warm feeling towards folks in Pittsburgh. Naturally, you can't be a Raven and have fuzzy feelings for the Steelers. Queen spent his entire career with the Ravens, but now he'll play the Ravens at least twice a year in twenty four, maybe make the playoffs because we have played them in the playoffs. It's going to be weird. But I want to be the villain, Queen said, I want to.
Speaker 3: Be that guy.
Speaker 1: It is typical how most guys feel against their old teams. Where's your take, O, Joe.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, I don't think if you think about it, I don't know off the top of my head, how many how many players have gone to division rivals. That's not that doesn't happen normally, but this year it's happened on multiple occasions. Multiple occasions. Players are going to their division rival. Normally, teams do not let you go to a team in your division because they don't want to have to deal with you. They don't have to deal with you. But again, in this case is different.
Speaker 3: I really like that.
Speaker 5: Pat said, I'm going to embrace being a villain. I'm going to embrace being the villain. Listen, the Steelers haven't had a linebacker go to the Pro Bowl since Ryan Shazeer in twenty seventeen. You get someone that's really good.
Speaker 3: You get someone that's.
Speaker 5: Really nasty and fits that Pittsburgh style of defense, similar to what the Ravens are hitching him out, help you up and hitching him out again. So he fits perfect and he's a good dude. I talked to him last year on Inside the NFL.
Speaker 3: I love him.
Speaker 5: I love everything about him, man, I love everything about him. I'm not saying he's ray Lewis. I'm not saying he's ray Lewis, but he has that ray Lewis instinct and style of play. He's all over the place.
Speaker 1: He had his best season because remember they didn't pick up a fifty year option, so that's why he was able to become free.
Speaker 5: So now it's funny, the way you played last year, why wouldn't you pick up the fifty year option.
Speaker 1: Well, you have, you have to pick it up. You have to pick it up at a certain time. So once you start to see that, you can't pick it up. Yeah, I mean that, even if you're gonna do what you're gonna do. Though you got you got ro quand you're paying twenty million. You're about to have two linebackers. You played twenty million.
Speaker 5: Oh, I see what you're saying. That's a money player. That's a money right.
Speaker 3: You just gave what's the d tackle matter? The bee wake or you just paid him.
Speaker 1: You just paid him like twenty million. You got Marlon Humphred Corner making nineteen million. You're about to have to do so with Kyle Hamilton. He's about to want thirteen fourteen million.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Kyle got by one more year.
Speaker 3: They gonna they're gonna lock him up.
Speaker 5: They got to lock him up. Be special, young Buller's special. Yeah, But listen McQueen is deserving of what he got for sure. Obviously I understand that Ravens fans were talking a little trash to him, and obviously it asks out of his hands. If you want to be upset, you got to be upset to the organization. Well, actually, how about understand how the business works in itself. Understand how the business works in itself, and things like this happened and have always happened. It's the nature of the business. You can't keep.
Speaker 3: Everybody, No, you can't.
Speaker 1: And so where oh man, if you a raven man, you should want to go to the Steelers or the Browns or the Bengals. You do realize like the Ravens are the only team to pay players. You them other thirty one teams they pay players too. I'm gonna go with the money gives it. And the Steelers are known for linebackers.
Speaker 3: M h.
Speaker 1: I mean when you think linebackers, you go back to Lambert and Ham and Russell. And you got a Harrison, and you got a Joey Porter, and you got Jason Gilden, you got Earl Holmes, beck of Andy Russell.
Speaker 5: Come on, bro Kendre Bell, Larry James Ferrier. I remember, I remember all them boys, man, So you got one that fits that mold and what they used to have.
Speaker 1: Day, I'm gonna follow them. I guarantee you. There's people that work at Apple that used to work for Google and vice versa. Yeah, and it ain't nobody saying man, I can't believe, man, how you doing. I can't believe you worked at Google and now you're over here at.
Speaker 3: Apple Apple, right, I can't.
Speaker 5: The money is green no matter where you go.
Speaker 1: Honey, Hey, lord, hey, I just needed hey and you know what and PK p Q say you know what, my bank account got a B B L.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. My banker guy got a B B L.
Speaker 1: Now what y'all talking about? I like that, man, y'all better leave be a lord. I'm going to get that paper.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's gonna it's gonna be hell when they play. Now, yeah, for sure, it's gonna's gonna be hell when they play. That's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 3: I forgot about. They had g Lloyd, they had Kevin Green. Say, I came up there when they had those guys.
Speaker 1: I also got Porter, I got Guilded, I got you know, Kendre Bell, I got some of those guys.
Speaker 3: But I.
Speaker 1: I came up when they had whom I played against g Lloyd with.
Speaker 3: He was in college. He went to Fort Valley. Yeah, yeah, and I ain't know that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They called the defense blue death, Blue death, Blue death over the cause. Imagine him Eddie Anderson. Eddie Anderson played with the Raiders. He was a safety and they had g Lloyd with. That was the only year they ever beat us. Though that was the only year they beat us. It ain't beat us no more so.
Speaker 5: They had they had a good squad squad back there.
Speaker 3: The defense.
Speaker 1: The defense really good yeah, it ain't beat us, no moto. I ain't sure that it ain't beat a no mo.
Speaker 3: That's dope.
Speaker 1: But congratulations the Patrick Queen. And it's not look TERRYL. Lawrence played for the Eagles, went to the Cowboys. Bran Farr played for the Packers, went to the Vikings. Deshan Jackson played for the Eagles, went to Washington, later returned to the Eagles. Darrell Reavers went to the Jets in New England, Richard Sherman, Seattle's and the forty nine. So, bro, it's somebody gonna break bread man there. You know, y'all used to be my division rivals. Man, I can't go to you the hell you say?
Speaker 5: Yeah shit, ain't nobody turning down no money?
Speaker 3: Now, yeah they got him by the day out. They pay it, no sh boy, But you tho. Fans don't get it. Fans fans just look at it.
Speaker 1: They look at it like in a vacuum, Like if you played for this team, you shouldn't want to play for.
Speaker 3: That team, right, you should feel how I feel.
Speaker 5: Your allegiance should always beat us no matter what.
Speaker 3: And that's not the way it works, all the way that business works.
Speaker 1: No, it ain't never have it. It never will. Oh, chadn't know if you read this story. There's a story, a legend that Bruno Mars has about fifty million in gambling debt with the MGM Grand He had a relationship with the park MGM Las Vegas can seen in the hotel for more than eight years. Bruno Mars is reportedly taking home ninety million a year from his current deal with mg and he just launched the Cocktail Loune the Pinky Ring, another Vegas based MGM property at the Blagi Yeo.
Speaker 3: Still fifty meal. Now. I was listening to.
Speaker 1: Somebody today and they said this high roller said that he was playing next to Bruno Mars and he watched him lose about seventeen million dollars.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, I'm just saying what I do me a favor.
Speaker 5: Think about what you just said. Just think about what you just said and said slow. A high roller sat next to Bruno Mars and watched him lose. Say the number slow, seventeen million. I almost, you know what, I almost got upset, but I'm gonna gather myself. I'm not gonna get upset. But just think about that seventeen million down the dream.
Speaker 1: Yep, Oh cho, you know, Oh Cho, you know you try too, Because.
Speaker 5: How are the people in the casino knowing and seeing that he has a problem with gambling?
Speaker 3: And still you ever seen the movie to Gambling? Yes?
Speaker 5: Have you ever seen a movie to Gambler with John Goodman and Mark Wahlberg. Yes, that's not my problem.
Speaker 3: See, Bruno Mars needs a friend like me. That's more so the people around you.
Speaker 5: Even if I know, if I know you have a problem, I'm going to find a solution to make sure you don't do that. You don't gamble and lose seventeen fucking million. I don't care how much you make. I thought, but I thought you said, how can you tell a man how to spend his money? Could anybody tell you what to do with your money? If you took it outside and set it on fire? Who made that money?
Speaker 3: Okay, I see where you're going.
Speaker 5: I see who you're going. But listen, this is this is a little bit overboard. Matter of fact, this is past overboard. This is fucking absurd. This makes no sense. This is this is the point where you're crossing the line to where it's almost dumb. It's almost stupidity. Oh Joe, fifty million in debt even if you make ninety how do you how does the casino allow you to be in debt that much to give? How do you how do you continue as a casino to rightfully give someone a money line continuously because they make ninety million?
Speaker 3: Easy?
Speaker 1: Because guess what, the same way you can go get alan you make one hundred million, you can go get alone for fifty million. You ask, how well, how to make get you a loan for fifty million dollars CAU you make a hundred million.
Speaker 5: Listen, you're gonna always be in the red. You're gonna always be in the red. You're gonna always be in the red always. You're not gonna always be able to make that kind of money all the time. You have a short amount of time, you have a small window. Well, if you're if you're if you're an artist like Bruto Mars, and if you've seen him, if you've seen him perform, you understand his wind of opportunity to make money is a lot.
Speaker 3: Larger than us, for sure, Yeah, a lot larger than others.
Speaker 5: That motherfucker know he can perform, Oh he believe probably probably one of the greatest entertainers up there with Chris Brown and Michael Jackson.
Speaker 3: Hey, real deal.
Speaker 5: But still he needs the right people in this corner. This lets me know, Bruno Mars, you need someone like me in your corner. I guarantee yass well, you lose a thousand dollars you stop right there, You going past that.
Speaker 3: You need somebody like me in this corner.
Speaker 1: Think about how many drug addicts when their parents or love wouldnt try to save them. If you create a demon, only you can chase it a way.
Speaker 5: Sometimes with demons you need somebody to cast a spell. Because sometimes when it comes to demons, you know, like the Exorcist, you got to have you got to have that, not a pastor what you call the man.
Speaker 3: You got an next risk a bit. Oh, you're talking about a priest. A priest there it is.
Speaker 5: I can be the priest to help Bruno Mars with those demons. That's why I just need to say out and talk to him. First, we're gonna start with we're gonna stop drinking. That's the first. That's step one. We're gonna stop drinking. Because when you're in neeborated, you ain't thinking right. You're making so much money. You're not thinking right. Let me help you understand the value of a motherfucking dollar. Let's start there. That's that's step two. So we're gonna stop drinking.
Speaker 3: Step two.
Speaker 5: I may help you with your I may help you financially. It be a little bit more financial conscious. We know you're making a lot of money.
Speaker 3: We we know. Let's put some of this ship up a rainy day. Talk to me.
Speaker 1: How you think they keep building those casinos? Are they building me with losers money or winners money?
Speaker 5: The winners?
Speaker 3: But I don't want.
Speaker 5: I don't want, mister Mars. Yeah, you're right, with the losers money.
Speaker 3: I don't want. I don't want mister Mars to be a statistic because we can talk. We can talk me.
Speaker 5: Stay with me, now, stay with me. Let's talk about all the artists that were greater in their time, during their during their days, while they were hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah that are not broke, Yes, that are now broke. I'm talking about was going.
Speaker 5: Crazy during their time. You know, the span of an artist, the height of their career, it's more so.
Speaker 3: Maybe a ten year run, maybe a ten year run.
Speaker 5: Bruno Marge is so great at his craft and what he does when it comes to performing and commanding a stage. I'm assuming his would be much much longer because I put him somewhere almost in the legend, in the legend, in the legend realm. I think, I think he's that great at what he does. But again it hurts because you know how I am when it comes to spending money. I just wish he saw the value and money the way I do. And he needs somebody like me and this, but I want to know who Bruno Mars's friends are.
Speaker 1: But ask your question, what if everybody thought like you? What if everybody thought like That's what makes us unique. Everybody can't like you, But if everybody thought like me, we wouldn't have no problems. We had nobody being debt, nobody being debt, We'll all be driving motherfucker smart cars and flying spirit. No, I'm not driving a smart car. I ain't working my ass off to driving no smart car. I'll feel No, No, you won't. That's why it's called smart car. Wait a minute, driving a smart car. Smart cars made by Mercedes. I get fifty five miles of the gallon to fill up my tank. It's only thirteen dollars, so gonna ask your question. Let's just say, and I hope this doesn't happen. Something happened to you and you no longer with us. You think your family gonna save that money like you did. You did all that hard work, got no enjoyment out of it. Somebody else is gonna enjoy it more than you.
Speaker 3: WHOA wait, I did.
Speaker 5: I am getting enjoyment out of it. I get enjoyment out of spending my money on my kids, spending my money. I get enjoyment out of paying tuition for my for my kids to go to college. I enjoy putting my money up for the for the younger kids that I have that are going to want to go to college and do some of the things that they want to do.
Speaker 3: I'm enjoying it. You can do all. Enjoy yourself.
Speaker 5: Listen, let me let me tell you. The enjoyment I also have is playing fee for Ultimate Team, Man Ultimate Team. Spending money there Buying kinds don't call of duty like it's a little different.
Speaker 3: Skills is a waste of money. So I say buying skins is a waste of money. No, it ain't. That's one hundred dollars. You feel somebody that the salvation. You can feed somebody that down there at the line for I do that too.
Speaker 5: But I mean my enjoyment and the ways I spend money is much different than everybody else.
Speaker 3: Oh that the way he's spending it.
Speaker 5: Now, that's that.
Speaker 3: Come on, now, you know that's not right. But I know you know that's not right.
Speaker 2: You know me.
Speaker 3: Look, I just think the thing is.
Speaker 1: Oh yo, Look, maybe there's a deeper issue than just gambling, because at some point in time, you know your your your rationality, and your your conscious after that date. But I understand because I've been in I've been in a situation where I bet a thousand, I lose, I bet two thousands, lose bat four thousand.
Speaker 3: You keep trying to get it back with one hand. Oh man, you you got the same goddamn problem too. Oh when I when I, when I played, when I, when I made money like that. Yeah, I will go gam with your for sure.
Speaker 5: If you lose a thousand and you lose to that mean get your ass about of that.
Speaker 3: Hell you I ain't no quitter. I ain't no quitter. Oh no, if real would have told you, no, she don't want to talk to you. You to quit? Hey ll no, do you a lot? You alive, you're a lit well. I ain't chasing behind nobody that don't want to deal with me.
Speaker 5: I'm good. Oh you don't want me, Okay, that's cool. On to the next because if you don't want me, there are other people lined.
Speaker 3: Up for the ain't rail.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna you're gonna sell her. You got, you got, you got the whole diamond. But you're gonna fail. You're gonna settle for any but.
Speaker 3: God, God, God told you.
Speaker 5: Listen when I played, when I played in the NFL, what I wore my ear? She was a cornier, right, But if I have to set aboard in real life, that's fine with me.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh no, oh no, I would get together.
Speaker 5: That's all right, that's all right, that's all right.
Speaker 3: You don't mean that real it's not.
Speaker 5: It's not a bad thing.
Speaker 3: We just using the hypothetical.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, if the opportunity presents itself and I was interested in her and she didn't like me, I'm okay with that. Something that men these days have a problem with rejection. It's okay. There are so many fishing to see you might not catch your time sometimes you're fishing in the road, you might.
Speaker 3: Not catch that trophy fish.
Speaker 1: Because if you're a fisherman, everybody, everybody that's a fisherman, you're looking for that fish. And now I got a fish that's so big he left a hole in the water. I got it on my wall. Yeah, I gotta pick. Matter of fact, I should have Jordan to go upstairs right now, I gotta I gotta a fish so big the picture away eight pounds.
Speaker 3: Right now. Listen.
Speaker 5: But you know what, sometimes some fishermen they fishing the places they ain't even got no business. That's why the people, that's why the fish they trying to catch keep turning them down. You got to understand, you got to fish within your means. Sometimes some of the men, some of the men, men stay with me in the chat. Now you're chasing women that are salary cap casualties. Yeah, give me stay within your financial language.
Speaker 1: Even if they were a cap casualty for someone that was a good one. Right now, casually somewhere what the Broncos saying, because they got so much dead money, it made it made it cost prohibitive for them to go get a quarterback in the free agent market. So now just because somebody else released them because of the cap.
Speaker 3: How don't mean you could get it right? Yeah? I like that. I like that. I like that.
Speaker 5: And that was a good line fellas in the chat.
Speaker 3: Would you Yeah, I was a good one. We got that for sure.
Speaker 5: Stop chasing women, stay within your salary cap. Yes, stop chasing women that are going to be a salary cap cap. Just fella, that's all you got to do. Go through an instagram, right, go through the go through women's instagrams and you look at and you look at the image that she's trying to portray. Are you willing to pick up wherever the guy left off that she's Yeah, she's trying to you know, do I have the funds to keep that up? What I see?
Speaker 3: If not, keep scrolling, keep keep fishing. Yeah, man, come the more rail bags.
Speaker 1: That's your nail double x yeah yeah yeah yeah, they got they got them burns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you see all that on the page, and you know that ain't that?
Speaker 1: That ain't in you?
Speaker 3: No, you don't need to know.
Speaker 1: You got and Kate's Pade money. You didn't scrolling down if nobody go yard on the LB, you got you got.
Speaker 3: Kate's Pade money. Yeah, down, listen.
Speaker 5: Being realistic one of the key things that we as fellas and men have to understand. We have we need to be self aware. Yeah, but self aware it's easy.
Speaker 1: It's our ego because the thing they look, look, look I've been I've been gill the other I mean, look, I've seen women out out of my price rang.
Speaker 3: But that is thing. All they can do is tell me, no, I I had to get I had to.
Speaker 1: You have to build up callouses, especially once you become someone.
Speaker 3: Now you you know, you tell me no high school, Okay, it is what it is. I keep it moving.
Speaker 1: But then all of a sudden I started becoming something and you tell me not that. Well damn yeah, okay, yeah, so it's hard a little bit, oh o Joe. The thing is like, okay, you broke up with this guy, and I don't know the guy wasn't no teammate of mind or anything.
Speaker 3: But you're like, oh, she used to go with such and such. Damn Okay. But then I'm looking like, man, I'm looking at the car she's driving, I'm looking at my car. I'm looking at the bag she can I'm looking at my feelfold. Right now, this ain't gonna work out your caught nice in the mind. What the hell I'm gonna do for you? I mean, I got on leg and you got a masachi. You see, you see what you had?
Speaker 5: The keyword self awareness and knowing. I can't do nothing with that because she would be a salary capital, and many of us, many of us will still.
Speaker 3: Chase it and spin and go over the cap. No wonder why you in the red.
Speaker 1: Hey she out of my price? Rang like, hey, hey man, what you hey? What kind of car you're gonna get? The kind of cars I got? I can't for no half a million? No sam ny found out no million off.
Speaker 3: Of no car.
Speaker 5: Hell now, hey listen, and the and the and the higher up, the higher ever go. You gotta understand, there's a small percentage of the one percent. So you look at all the fine women, right yeah, and all the small percentage of the one percenters, or all day and all the fine women carrying all all the night ship, they all dating the same.
Speaker 3: It's only a few. It's only a few of them that got it like that, only a few.
Speaker 5: And see if listen mathematically, I wish somebody in the jacket break this down. Think about MLB NFL, NBA and just do the number crunching and think about all the women there are in the world. It's only so many of them, but everybody want to do that's at the top.
Speaker 3: Yes, for sure, it's impossible. It's impossible.
Speaker 5: You got to compete for the man. Don't man, don't get me started.
Speaker 3: Oh and women, once you've dated and.
Speaker 1: Michael B. Jordan, Michael B. Jordan says, you know, it's hard to get someone. That's why I tell people all the time, that's why movie stars marry other movie stars because they know what it's like to live that world. They know what it's like to be isolated, and they know what it's like how to be selfish times teens. Now you get these women and they've dated an NFL player or an MLB player or an NBA player, ain't going to hell. They go back to an average guy, a normou excuse not average, and a guy working nine to five.
Speaker 3: Let's just say he makes one hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: When you dated a guy that had a private jet pick you up, take you to an hour hollar, or he get a baby, we're going to have breakfast, but he picks your ass up on the yacht y'all drive up somewhere, get your ass off, and it's prepared for you.
Speaker 3: You think she can go back to a normal guy after that, She's not.
Speaker 5: None of them going.
Speaker 3: Come on, keep it a buck with me. You know.
Speaker 5: You know what frogs do, right, You know what frogs do in the pond. They hop from lily pad, the lily pad, the lily pad, the lily pad, the lily pad, until they find one.
Speaker 1: Until a big until something to a big fish gobble them up, until some one, big guy come and take them off their heads.
Speaker 5: That's it, that's it, and then they continue to play that game the rest of their life because they're not going backwards.
Speaker 3: They not.
Speaker 1: No, And come on, Joe, I mean those women, I mean, come on now, a woman um being with a guy like that. That dude make twenty million, thirty million? He breaking off. He probably somebody's making twenty million and you and he just like he got it like that? Yoh, he breaking you off? Fifteen bands a month, yeah, with no nothing, fifteen bands maybe twenty?
Speaker 3: Hey what you what you what you doing? LLC?
Speaker 1: I got that cover too? What kind of car you need to drive? I got that too? What kind of band you carry. I got that too, So she getting all this, So she's probably getting a quarter of a meal to half a million, and you think she's supposed to go back to another guy that's making one hundred thousand, And that's no knock on you guys got cause I made sixty three thousand one year.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, we gotta be realistic with this is different.
Speaker 5: It's different. I don't I don't even know how he got here, but I love his goddamn topic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people people are like, oh, d bro, I ain't got no problem with Dre. I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm if I'm not so sure that I would know I would recognize them because a lot of times these women are smaller in real life than they are and they project.
Speaker 3: In I g G.
Speaker 1: So what I what I when I find myself like with damn you like you about five six you five two you five to one?
Speaker 3: I got no problem. You heard the analogy I just use right with that.
Speaker 5: They go from lily pad to lily pad until they find one where they strike goal. And that's the game. The game has always been the same. The game has never changed, no matter how they try to portray it, no matter how many long inspirational messages, messages they write on Instagram. It's always been the same, and the better you are playing it, the better you understand it. The unless you are to get caught. You just have to continue fishing in the pond. You belong and you always gonna be good your place. Stay you blake, stay in your place.
Speaker 3: I mean, hey, I'm good.
Speaker 5: I'm good too, good good, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ojo oh o jo, said he o jo. They said, you don't know how a casino's work. Casino's doing the same thing they does when they pay people out for winning. They just find a way to get their money back.
Speaker 3: Did you know They just said, uh what, I don't know how casinos work. Do I gamble?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Exactly. Of course I don't know how casinos work because I'm not spending no goddamn money.
Speaker 3: People to the chat. You know how I am?
Speaker 5: You know how I am? You? I mean, if you follow me throughout my career, even before I made it, I've always been this way, so the discipline was always there. I just can't fathom or understand how you lose that kind of money At some point, even if you're not thinking rational, at some point you lose a certain when you lose a million. Okay, come on now, fifty million.
Speaker 3: Ojo, fifty million, Ojo. Think about that.
Speaker 1: Think about what you said to the person, to the person that's making thirty five thousand, you given two thousand and five thousand dollar tips, saying o Jo is out of his damn mind.
Speaker 3: So you have to understand it. Hey, he make it one hundred million a year. He looks at it like that. Ain't got that.
Speaker 1: Ain't no problem to me because the person that's making fifty thousand a year saying, oh, Joe, you mean to tell me you gave somebody five thousand dollars to.
Speaker 4: Bring you your food what they're paid to do? Ill God like that you said that.
Speaker 5: The reason I tip the way I do one thousand, two thousand, sometimes five, depending on what I have coming in for that month, is because here in America, which is why I need to be I need to be president, they don't pay us a livable wage. I understand the service industry, but they are getting paid wage. They're getting paid, but not a livable wage job the job right. But okay, but there's a reason why I tip the way I do because I understand that, and I kind of empathize with those that are in the service industry, which is why I've been doing this the past twenty years. But any job, you know, it's it's just unfortunate because when you travel to Europe and I sit there and try to tip, and they look at me like I'm goddamn crazy, like why are you tipping me? They see this disrespect? Why do they see the disrespect because they are paid a wage where they can live comfortably, where they don't have to rely on tips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 1: It all depends on where you living at all with them, how much tips you get paid unless you if that's like you like dollar bill you in the sipping game, Yeah, unless you game tip.
Speaker 3: Saying it like that bad right? Right? But oh, checking it out. That was a good topic. Many people. Guys look, guys don't understand.
Speaker 1: They look at it like, bro, somebody that's making a hundred million dollars, somebody that got three hundred million banks and they're making fifty million a year once a quarter of a million to them, y'all don't get it. Y'all talk about out sipping, you say, simply because you ain't got it.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't see the simping. There's there's certain things that you have to do when you're ask now for you to see it.
Speaker 1: Here, say that you haven't given a female money, or you haven't paid rent, or you have a bottle.
Speaker 3: Purse or a car. It's just not true. It's just not true. Chad oh Johnson, risotto.
Speaker 5: Me, do me a favor, do me a favorite, please real quick with chat chat, stay with me, real quick.
Speaker 3: Read read go to my my Twitter real quick.
Speaker 5: Please please please read my bio to the chat in my bio please real quick, real quick, So so you have a better understanding and know of course you know I do that. Read my read my bio in my my baluo on Twitter to the chat real quick, please, so you have a better understanding.
Speaker 3: Well you know what your bio say. Oh Joe, you ain't got it in front of you. I don't know. I don't normally have people by pull bio pulled up in front of me. You should have a you should have your phone right in front of you. Just go to my page. What what are your page? Oh Joe? Read it all right? Really me?
Speaker 5: I got it? I I don't know about hert Okay, hold on because you know I do spind I have to in a sense. Oh are you ready? Yes, chat, stay with me real quick, listen to me and think, listen, stay with me now McDonald's is cheaper than therapy. And never forget you're paying for sex indirectly. But the word relationship changes the narrative. Okay, you with me right here, I'm going okay, all right, they're just stay they're stay with okay. So that's that's me, that's me. So what you were getting ready to say is, well, you know, I take care of those that I'm dealing with al ways.
Speaker 3: But but hold on in moderation.
Speaker 5: No, you're not gonna do it. You're not gonna you're not gonna take it. You're not gonna take me to the cleaners because I don't move like.
Speaker 3: To the guy that doesn't. That's not in your position. He couldn't do that. He's saying that successive we take care of the people in the and an ordinance to what we have.
Speaker 5: To offer you see you see with I bingo exactly. So that's why when you go fishing, you need to fish in your lane. So the individuals that you're dealing with don't cause you or are not a salary, have casualty. It's pretty easy. It's it's very It's very simple.
Speaker 3: Man, very simple. When I was younger, I would fish for anything to bite.
Speaker 1: I throw it out, catfish, trout, rim, crampy, perch, bike, salvage, spike, bass, sea bass.
Speaker 3: I'm fishing, man, What you fishing? Bump whatever? Bike? Man? What the hell you talking about? Joke? Hey? Where you here? Man? Hey? You hal? You tall? You talk about you say you're fishing for whatever? Bite whatever? Bat. That's that's now.
Speaker 5: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: And you got you got me, You got me in his sway. Man. God'll y'all better leave?
Speaker 5: Law man, Hey, chat, I want to chat. I want the chat to argue about my goddamn bio. I just I want people to understand what you're saying. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, of course listen. Depending on depending on the word, Depending on the word, you know, the goal posts move depending on the word you use. For sure, I'm not dealing with no dude who don't got no money? Well, when when you exchange? When you when you when you when you have.
Speaker 3: To be paid for a service? What is that called when you have to be paid for a service? What what do we what do we call that?
Speaker 5: If I'm not mistaken the key word. I don't want to say, Oh, you said prostitution, right, Okay, so when you when people say I'm not dealing with no dude without no money, if you use the word relationship, it changes the narrative. Stay with me now, I know it's Sunday. I'm not here to preach because I'm not. I'm not here to preach.
Speaker 3: Just the definition changes everything. But that's that's a whole another topic.
Speaker 5: But let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's go, let's go.
Speaker 1: Somebody just said, that's why, that's what single and got a woman. You see, that's what drive y'all crazy. Those that know won't tell, those that tell won't know. Y'all don't got know what on God?
Speaker 5: But it's the key. I got lucky because not only do I have a woman, I have a woman that has money as well. Yeah, for sure, there's a balance, a balance for everything. Everything isn't all me. No, I'm I kind of consider myself. I don't want to say lucky because there are other women that are doing well for themselves, but I found I got lucky. I'm gonna just say that I got lucky. I got because everything on me. There are other guys that are those higher caliber guys where they carrying all of that. Yeah, I calling nobody dead. Wait, I apologize everything, O Joe. They carrying everything, They carry everything.
Speaker 1: First of all, I mean, once you get to a certain level of a man, who the hell you can marry. Let's just say, for the sake of argument, you make a hundred you make you worth a hundred billion?
Speaker 3: Who the hell are you gonna go? Mad? I mean the Lareo, the laoreo heiress.
Speaker 1: You limited once you start when if I'm making fifteen twenty thirty forty one hundred.
Speaker 3: First of all, shrink, it shrinks significantly significantly. If you're trying to get somebody on your that's in that in your daity wool to make that care, there isn't. There isn't, And that's no lock I don't and don't follow. It's not bad. It's not bad. It's not bad.
Speaker 5: I mean just it's just it's the lair of the landing the way it's always been, and that's okay.
Speaker 3: M m hm