Speaker 1: Betting on sports can be hard, but hiring Morgan and Morgan is easy. Morgan and Morgan is America's largest injury law firm. They have over one hundred offices nationwide and more than one thousand lawyers. Their fee is free unless they win. For more information, go to four the people dot com slash best bets, or dial pound law pound five to nine from your cell phone. That's f o R Thepeople dot com slash best bets. This is a paid advertisement com.
Speaker 2: We'll check it out.
Speaker 1: Man Thursday morning, November fourteenth, twenty twenty four. It is the Beating the Book Podcast, week number eleven in the National Football League. It's Gill Ali, Thank you so much for tuning in once again to our weekly Shenanigans. As always, the staples of the show from his mom's cork attict in Squirrel Hill, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, leader in the Clubhouse with a one and a half game lead in our Picks, Todd Wishnev, star of the Showtime docuseries Action Happening, Totty you.
Speaker 2: Do, Hey, how are you good? To see you?
Speaker 1: It's very natural of you. And then Will Hill, the host of the Should Have Been More podcast, I'm available three times a week wherever you get your podcasts. And then Vson Glue, Vson Swingman, Vson Sweeper, who will be hosting the Lombardi Line Thanksgiving week?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, absolutely, I'm excited to work with Lombardi, teach him a few things about football and entertain everybody for sure.
Speaker 1: Sure Michael will be very open to that. And then today our rotating guest. And when I say rotating guests, I already feel like I'm diminishing him because he is not like any other guest. He has been kind enough to make this an annual appearance on the podcast. I don't know what I did to deserve that, but I really appreciate it. He has covered every sport you can possibly imagine. We probably know him best in most recent generations for college football and ABC. He's of course a Vson co founder, but mainly what he's here for is the NFL and we know him as the legendary host of the NFL today so many of us who grew up on that, and he should be in the NFL Hall of Fame, and we're gonna make that happen. The great Brent Musburger, Thank you, Brent.
Speaker 4: Hey gil.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, how's everybody doing. I'm ready to get my butt cake. Let's make some pics.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Let's do By the way, I hope you guys have seen on Twitter they have these like I don't know if you guys get fed these, but you get these little like clips that'll say November fourth, nineteen seventy seven, NFL Today halftime and you can watch Brent and IRV and Jimmy the Greek discussing and Brent will be there going, you know, with no there's no highlights. It's just well, the Steelers lead ten to seven, you know, because the AFC wouldn't give him the wouldn't give him the feed or whatever, you know, so Brent just tells it like nowadays you have everything and Brent just tells us what Brent Shaw had a pass for eighty two yards. It's so great and we loved it.
Speaker 1: Bren, do you have vivid memories of those of you if you see them come up? Do you in your brain? Are you like, oh, I remember that exact.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny. I remember so little until I see the video.
Speaker 5: You know, they did a great look back at it prior to last year's Super Bowl on CBS, and it was amazing how many things I'd forgotten as I watched them tell the story.
Speaker 4: Obviously, I remember the characters, you know.
Speaker 5: Irv Cross, whom I knew at Northwestern, was a great athlete out of Gary, Indiana. Phyllis George was the first Miss America I ever met. Okay, Jimmy the Greek I knew because I traveled traveled through When I was a baseball writer. The Chicago's American would send me late in the season to cover the Pennant Race, and the Dodgers were normally in the thick of it, so on my way to see Cofax in Drysdale, I would always stop off in Vegas, and I met the Greek, Okay, and I learned how bad a poker player I was.
Speaker 4: They busted me almost every time I sat down with him, but it was a good education.
Speaker 5: And then, of course Jane Kennedy came along when Phillis took some time off, and so I certainly remember the characters.
Speaker 4: A wonderful group of people to be with. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the name of the documentary you're referencing is called You Are Looking Live, which, of course was your catchphrase when the NFL Today got on air, right from the very first seconds, Fulton County Stadium in Atlanta, three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh, wherever we were looking live, and it was it was wonderful. It was. It was the morning of the Super Bowl. And I know, Brent, you're you're very modest and humble about this, and you don't like to talk about such things, but we will do it for you. Honestly, you deserve to be in the NFL Hall of Fame for that. I don't make the mean, don't mean to make you feel uncomfortable, but we really feel that way.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: And I didn't get into this business to get into hale fame. I got in this business to get free tickets and watch great sporting events.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we sure do that.
Speaker 2: He personally, I think Bryan Gumble is more of a Hall of Famer than Brent, because I'm an Ans guy. No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: I think the last time we played golf, I think he beat me. As a matter of fact, Oh yeah he did.
Speaker 1: Oh Okay, Before we get to the picks we usually uh talk about. Well, first of all, we read our records. But then we have a couple set where are records todd ating into this week?
Speaker 2: Records are gilly, you know, hanging in there. He went one and two last week fifteen, fourteen and one. Uh, teasers, still struggling a bit at two, seven and one, you pushed your teaser. Willie has made a bit of a comeback. He's back to twelve, seventeen and one with a nice little two in one week, and his teaser was another push. So he goes to three, five and two on teasers. I go one and two to go to seventeen and thirteen. The leader in the clubhouse. I also am five and five on teasers, also doing the best out of the teasers. I will say that the guest is fourteen, fifteen and one and the teasers at six and four. So actually the guest leads and teasers at six and four. So Brent, the pressure is on that you keep the lead going for a death.
Speaker 1: That's right. And by the way, I don't know if you know this, but we don't give away free tickets here, so your dreams are not are not coming through this play.
Speaker 5: I'll take him by the way to us from today.
Speaker 2: Let's see if Bran agrees with our Dumbo of the week. This is my This is my nomination, and you guys can tell me if you agree with this. Dan Campbell is playing the Texans. There's thirty seven seconds left, there's two timeouts, he's on third down. He can run another play because he has two timeouts and get a little closer, or he can be afraid that they're going to throw an incomplete pass, so he runs the clock all the way down and kicks a fifty two yard Now, the thing he probably should have done is run the clock down to maybe sixteen seconds, then called his first time out, then run a play, then kick the field goal. In my opinion, at least he gets a little closer. But now we have this epidemic where the NFL coaches think, well, fifty two yarder, that's nothing. Everyone can hit a fifty two yarder. Might as well just have him kick it right here fifty two yards and it sneaks through for the win. Would you guys agree that that's the dumb bow of the week.
Speaker 1: I will, I will. I think you have a good nominee. I will give another nominee. This didn't come into you know, it had no consequence in the end. But I think it's worth noting that it was twenty three to twelve Dolphins in the Monday night football game. The Rams had the ball. They got it with two thirty eight left on the clock, down two scores. They get it to the Miami twenty four with ninety seconds left. You need to or is you either kicked the field goal right then and there and then pray that you can recover an on sidekick, or you go for the touchdown. What Sean McVay did was try to split the difference, or he just got confused. They didn't kick the field goal there. They got it to third and ten at the Miami twelve and without taking a shot on third down, then he kicked the field goal. Those two things don't reconcile. You either kick it at one thirty ninety seconds left or you go for it, you know, into the end zone, but you don't stop the end zone thing prematurely. Who's the who wins Dumbo of the Week Sean McVay or Dan Camp two great coaches. By the way, this is like the one week where we had great coaches nominated for him.
Speaker 3: I think it's minus won ten either way. By the way mcveigh's he's a great play caller. He can get a little spotty with the game management and the clock and things like that, but I think that's about a coin flip.
Speaker 5: It's fascinating how many mistakes coaches make.
Speaker 4: But for me, Lats the dumbo of.
Speaker 5: The week was whoever was in charge of instant replay in the Chargers Titans game when a fumble against Herbert was called on the field, he pitched underhand.
Speaker 4: He wasn't even coming overhand to throw the ball.
Speaker 5: Ball came out, ruled Titans touchdown on the field and overturn.
Speaker 4: Now, those of us who had seven and.
Speaker 5: A half and the Titans, we understand that you cannot turn that. Ay, there was not one view that I saw. There was definitive that Herbert was throwing a forward pass underhanded, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I want to bet because of that I had under seven and a half Titans first, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because because we were on text at the time. Todd, if you remember, and you were so mad at Harball for just not eating the football. At that point, you're like, you're leading, You're on your own territory. Stop with this pool, with these plays remember that and then the scup and score.
Speaker 2: We've talked about this numerous times on the podcast. When you're inside your own twenty with less than twenty seconds left in the first half, what is the point of throwing the ball there? The only thing that can happen is something bad. So you complete a twelve yard past, big deal, You're still your thirty yard line. That doesn't help you. It's basically a free role for the defense to try to get a Brent Musburger touchdown on you. And that's exactly what happened. But thankfully, for the first time in my life, the refs did something good for me.
Speaker 1: I would like to add since Brent, since Brent added a replay to the Dumbo of the Week, I would like to add ESPN to that, and how they did not have anything but a shot from Sputnik of the BYU Utah defensive hole, which is grainy orbital footage of it. And until we got on social media two days later and some fan had taken a reverse angle view of it, we finally saw there was old We didn't it was a Utah for like two days. Was so pissed about this because there was no actual footage to corroborate that it was holding. I don't know well how they didn't have that, ye.
Speaker 6: Point, Brent.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm one month in recovery of betting the Titans. I had a Titans problem early in the season. I've sworn off the Titans. I don't bet them anymore. And I think they covered one spread all year.
Speaker 6: They've been horrible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you are smarter than I am, and you're right. They're a terrible team, terrible. I don't know what I was thinking of, you know what.
Speaker 1: I think they have value this week, and I don't dare play it. I'm like that that can't be a right number. I can't play it to three.
Speaker 6: It really is.
Speaker 1: It is. It's like Jason Wingard said, my model shows that the Tigers have value against the Yankees. Do I want to spend the next four hours thinking if my model is correct on this right? Uh? And then Todd the last thing before we get to Thursday n Football and our picks at any in game thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I have actually something that was real interesting last week. And I don't know if this happen to you guys, but if you make a mistake on one bet and then you don't take the other two that are really good, and you end up zher to one instead of doing one. This happened to me in that same Charger game, late early fourth quarter. The Chargers have the ball at their own five yard line, up twenty to ten, and I bet that the Cardinals the Chargers would not get in the end zone again for the rest of the game, like under two and a half touchdowns or whatever touchdowns they had at that point, and it was plus one ten. My thought process was, if the Chargers drive it out to say the forty or even drive for a field goal, by the time they ever get the ball back again, they're just going to be running the clock out and not trying to score. So, of course, the Chargers going to ninety five yard jaunt against the Titans, they go up twenty seven to ten, and I lose the bet, and I'm kicking myself because I'm such an idiot for doing it. And then the exact same thing comes up, but in a much better situation where the Eagles are are leading the Cowboys thirty one to six or thirty one to seven, and I want to bet the Eagles not to score any more touchdowns in the fourth part order because the Eagles aren't going to try to score it. In fact, they're going to put in Kenny Pickett. I don't do it because Trey Lance isn't and I'm worried about a pick six. But it was about the easiest win of all time because when an NFL team's up twenty four points, they're not trying to score. And then the even easier one. The Cardinals are winning thirty one six against the Jets, and I can bet the Cardinals no touchdowns fourth quarter minus one thirty. It's the easiest bet of all time. What do I do? Oh, I'm still pissed because I lost the Charging game. So I don't do it, and what ends up happening a perfect fourth quarter Cardinals handoff, handoff, handoff punt, handoff, handoff, handoff punt. Game is over. The mistake was, don't do that when the Chargers are only up ten. Do that on the other games when they're up twenty five, because the games that when you're up twenty five, the NFL does not want to score. The team that's winning has no interest in trying to get a touchdown with nine minutes to go in the fourth quarter, when they're up thirty one to seven. The only way they're going to score is on a pick six.
Speaker 1: The mistake is that you have a human brain, right that remembers the pain from earlier that day, earlier that game, and so we're all flawed, you know. That's the thing. If we were only robots like Stevie Feszick, then we would.
Speaker 2: But it was a mistake and still a mistake because why do it in the Charger game when it's twenty to ten, when they could still want to score touchdown? Why not just do it in the ones where they're clearly don't. Trey Lance even fumbled the ball the Eagles at his own thirty and they still didn't score touchdown. It's like nobody wants to score a touchdown winning by twenty four points in an NFL game in the fourth quarter. They just want to hand off. In fact, the Eagles brought in Kenny Pickett. Do you remember him, Kenny Pickett. He's not an NFL player, he was in the game.
Speaker 1: I just I just did my fifteen, my top fifteen backup quarterback rankings in the NFL this morning. Pickett did not make the top fifty. Wow, did not make the top. There were two third stringers in the top fifteen. Picket did okay, which brings us too Thursday night football between the Eagles and the Skins, as the kids call it, commodores, I mean the commanders. Does anybody here have a best bet on the Thursday night football game? I knew, Willie what you got?
Speaker 6: I like, Philly? Here are we three and a half? Are we up to four?
Speaker 1: Three and a half of it? Right?
Speaker 5: It's three and a half fan duel and it's four in ESPN, So it depends on you're looking at it.
Speaker 4: Three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look at the other ones. There's a ton of fours out there too, I think.
Speaker 1: But uh yeah, oh no, you're right, it's four. Now, pardon me, it's four. Yeah, it's four.
Speaker 6: I will lay it here with Philly.
Speaker 3: I just think they are a top five runoffense and yards per carry Washington, bottom five defense against the.
Speaker 6: Run, yards per carry allowed.
Speaker 3: I just think this is a very tough environment, a tough atmosphere for a rookie quarterback to go and win. I know he played in the SEC, but Philly a night game, that crowd is going to be raucous. That crowd is going to be very well hydrated. They're going to be loud, And I just think Philly people maybe have been thrown off the scent a little bit because they finished the season last year so poorly. They started the season with that weird loss to Atlanta. Sirianni did some strange things in that game, the game against the Saints, and think it's funny to look back at these spreads. The Saints are a two and a half point favorite against the Eagles earlier in the year, which is just crazy to think about. But when you have a team with aj Brown, DeVante Smith, Goddard Barkley and Hurts his borderline top tennis quarterback, that's a hell of an offensive football team. And all of the film guys say Fangio has a great scheme, but it just takes some time to gel I think we're seeing that now. They've been dominant the last four or five weeks. Even the game against Jacksonville where they only won by five, they dominated the stats. So I don't know that Washington's on the same level now as Philly. I'm okay laying the points here.
Speaker 4: First of all, Gary, I agree to it, will.
Speaker 5: You know, I think we will spot on I think the Eagles. There's two teams besides the Lions in the NFC that I think have a chance to get to the Super Bowl, Okay, and the Eagles are one of them, all right. Obviously the forty nine Ers, you could never count them down. The McCaffrey is back, even though Ayak is out with that injury won't return. He wasn't producing that much earlier in the year anyway. But let's go back to the Eagles. When you look at what Will said, Cincinnati is the best team they've played in the last five weeks, and they put a whipping on them.
Speaker 4: Okay, they went over thirty points on him and.
Speaker 5: Held them to seventeen the Washington you know, they just they're not impressive even in the wins.
Speaker 4: And of course you know.
Speaker 5: The miracle, the miracle that the Bears have still not recovered from the Hail Mary. But other than that, the Commanders really haven't beatn elite teams in their last five if we just look at the last five games.
Speaker 4: You know, I wouldn't make it the bet of the week.
Speaker 5: But I certainly agree with Will and the public slightly on the Eagles side.
Speaker 4: Okay, fifty one percent. I used fan duel.
Speaker 5: I can drive down to Wyoming and bet them pretty easily down there. It's fifty one percent at FanDuel Eagles, which surprises me a little bit. But uh, maybe the three and a half that they took that that hook. That hook can make and make people a lot of money if you get it on the right side, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Well, Brent and Will, how dare the both of you? It's all I have to say. I am, I am no surprise here. I'm going Apoh, I'm taking Washington. What's the point is number three? I'm the official pick there. You I understand everything you guys are saying about Washington. Here's the case for Washing. Let's just start with a weird NFC East thing that has nothing to do with but that the Eagles in recent history have been awesome. They've gone to two Super Bowls, they've won one Super Bowl. Washington before the arrival of Jayden Daniels hasn't been anything. And yet, for whatever reason, the Philadelphia Eagles franchise has a tremendously difficult time with Washington. I don't know what that is, but they're only eleven and eight straight up in even the best of times against Washington, and here comes yeah, here comes Jayden Daniels now, and here's the case for Washington.
Speaker 2: You're right, Brent.
Speaker 1: They haven't played, they haven't beaten anybody yet. They beat Cincinnati, best team they've beaten. They lost to Baltimore by seven. They lost to Pittsburgh by one. Could have very easily beaten Pittsburgh last week. Philly, though, as you point out, last five wins, five in a row. Now, since they'reby Cincinnati is the best team they beat. The others were Cleveland, the Giants, Jacksonville in Dallas without Dak and Cincinnati was a seventeen to seventeen game till the late third quarter, and then Philly got him turnover on downs, pick rumble and they blew them out. There's also a red zone thing where I like to play against. I like to play regression in the red zone. Washington's defense giving up seventy percent touchdowns in the red zone. That's thirtieth in the NFL, Eagles third in the NFL defensively in the red zone, tenth offensively. I'm hoping for some regression. Jalen Hurts, by the way, for as bad as the Commander's defense is in terms of its rushing defense. They're second in the league in pressure rate, fourth best league wide, and pass rush win rate. Jalen Hurts, like most quarterbacks, craters when he's under pressure. He goes from one to fourteen point five passer rating in seventy nine percent completion percentage when throwing from a clean pocket to eighty point three and fifty two percent, respectively. So I think Washington's a little underrated. You're giving me more than three. I thought this was going to be three on guessing lines on Monday. It's four. That's enough for me to make a play on the Washington Redskins, Ladies and gentlemen, three times Super Bowl champion Washington Redskins of the Joe get numb, stop, Okay.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Pittsburgh stower KG Mike Tomlin would say Yan's team ain't that good because on fourth and ninth we can talk to the refs and we can have them spot the ball property and then we get the ball game. One says, better be watching yourself. By the way, I just wanted to see, does Brent have an opinion on a game going in five minutes? Utah Valley versus North Dakota it's your part of the World League, Brent. That's not too far from you in North Dakota. And I wonder if you.
Speaker 5: Will you get to Dakota team, Baby, get on a Dakota team, all right, any of them State, South Dakota, South Dakota State. Okay, the best team over here in Montana is Montana State. The Grizzlies aren't as good as uh as they have been in the past. They're rotating quarterbacks. Montana State's pretty good, though. When we get into the tournament, keep an eye on the Bobcats. And obviously South Dakota State. They got NFL guys. I mean, that's just that's the way they've been.
Speaker 2: We're talking men's back, I'm talking football.
Speaker 4: I'm talking football, Brian.
Speaker 1: Just so you know, just so, if there was any doubt that this podcast is clearly Todd's second highest priority at this very moment, I.
Speaker 4: Could see that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll tell you why.
Speaker 4: I did not speaking a hoop though.
Speaker 5: Speaking of hoops, I asked the group, So I watched Duke because all I hear about is that flag is the second coming of Lebron James and this and this and that, and I watched the game I watched Kentucky beat him, and I say, no, he's a nice player. He probably play a long time in the in the NBA, but he should stay in school.
Speaker 4: He's not gonna turn a franchise around. Not not what I looked at. So come on, tell me, tell me, tell me, guys, what you think of Flag and Dookies.
Speaker 6: I think he's good good.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen enough.
Speaker 6: I watched the second half. I think he's gonna be good. Though it's it's very hard this early.
Speaker 1: What's interesting about you know the last three things?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: He had the two turnovers, then he didn't box out, And so if you're of a certain age, right, and you think to yourself, would Larry Joe Bird or Magic Johnson, ever, how to let that happen? And the answer is no, right, like it never would have happened to them at the end of a game. And I know it's just one game and it's not going to affect his draft status and he's probably going to be pretty good. But I kind of get what you're saying. I kind of get what you're saying.
Speaker 2: By the way I sent the guys. I was in the sports book the other night and major Harris Brand. Do you remember Major Harris from West Virginia In the college football it comes down, He comes down all the time to the Rivers and him and this guy for who's played for Georgia Tech. They get into these huge fights, and they were having this exact fight. Major said that Cooper Flag is going to be like the next Caitlan Clark Lebron James, and Boca said, like you he will see. We don't know what he's going to be. And these two they scream and yell at each other. It's the funniest thing of all time. But it's so funny that you actually said the exactly like you had. You brought up the exact thing that these two were arguing about. So I guess everyone's talking about.
Speaker 5: Major Harris was the author of one of the great upsets. West Virginia finally beat Penn State and it was some game over in West Virginia. I'll tell you that, I'll never forget that and the crowd storm in the field.
Speaker 4: And he was an athletic quarterback. I mean he could do a lot.
Speaker 5: Of things with his feet as well as his I was fun, you know, watching you brought back some memories when you mentioned him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's actually a super nice guy. He calls me the quarterback because I come up with my in game plays and I'm like, Mage, we got to go over ball state. He goes, Okay, quarterback Mage. He's the nicest guy. He really is, Mage. And all right.
Speaker 1: It brings us to our to our other best bets. Brent, you have your first best bets, sir? What do you have?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I've looked at it.
Speaker 5: I'm going to I normally do not back a team that suffers a tough emotional loss. Okay, but I'm going to make an exception because I think the Broncos understand that they were a better team than the Chiefs despite that block field goal. They were a better football team. And they draw upkins in their home venue.
Speaker 4: And believe me, altitude can be a problem. You got a Dome team coming to the West. You're not given the three or the three and a half.
Speaker 5: I see it at two and a half, and I'm going to make the Denver Broncos my four.
Speaker 1: Star in sports. I like it. What stars do it? I can? I just jump in. That's my number two. Also, I'm with Brandy too, I have Oh we got three people on its The Death Death. I have to eat crow on bo Nicks, I didn't think when I watch college football, I didn't think bo Nicks was a pro quarterback. But Sean Payton, who I'm not a fan of either as not for football stuff, but for non football behavior or off the field behavior, just the way he handles things. He coached him up. That team is good, that team might make the playoffs. And I think Kirk Cousins is Kirk Cousins, and I think this is one of these situations where he gets pressured a lot. And Kirk Cousins is one of the you know, quintessential quarterbacks where when not pressured, he's very very good. When pressured he becomes very ordinary. I'm with the I'm with you, Bret, I'm on the bron will you too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a Vikings fan, as some people know. I've watched Cousins for a while, and he's pretty predictable. When he's clean, when he's comfortable, when he's in his dome and he's not being hit, he's fine. He can spread the ball around. But you get him outdoors and you have a soft Atlanta Dome team, you're going to put them outdoors, like you said against the pass rush, a little weather here now that we've turned the calendar to the middle of November. It's just it's not going to be the same On grass. I think they say Atlanta team maybe a little fat and happy they know they can, you know, cruise to the division even if they win probably eight nine games in Denver needs the game. Denver's better than we all thought. So I'm okay laying the two and a half here. In terms of real betting, I'm actually gonna bet the money line because if you've noticed the last year or so, even last last year with Ritter with the Falcons, they play a lot of weird games or their favorite or underdog by two and a half, and the game lands on one or two, like weird twenty one to twenty type games.
Speaker 6: So that does kind of worry me a little bit more than it would normally worry me with the two and a half. But I'm okay laying the here with Denver.
Speaker 1: Is it two or two and a half? Toddy?
Speaker 2: I mean I see one, two, I see mostly two and a Half's okay?
Speaker 1: All right, by the way, well I will the only thing I will disagree with I don't know that they can cruise that division Atlanta because Tampa Bay's schedule was so easy the rest of the way.
Speaker 6: They got the time breaker on I'm like going to pull up the standings.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 1: They do have the time breaker because they won that game that they should never have won that first game.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and maybe the second time we swept them.
Speaker 2: Now we got by the way. You made made an accusation that my attention to the podcast will be number two and my attention to Utah Valley North Dakota will be number one. Well you're wrong. I'll tell you why you're wrong, and that's Mid Coast Sports Network is something for the Summit League. They want to charge you nine to ninety nine a month to watch the Summit League basketball. And I'm like, no, I'm putting my foot down right now. ESPN plus I'll pay ten ninety nine for they give you a million game. It's fantastic. I'm not paying nine ninety nine for the Summit League. Okay, you're the goddamn Summit League. A one ninety nine, maybe I would pay. I'm not paying nine to ninety nine to watch University at Denver. I'm sorry, Okay, I have to put my night.
Speaker 1: Here's come on, you had you had the same complaint last year, as I recall you were you were that is your north star, Todd wish that north start my wrong? Will not pay nine ninety nine for the Summit Brent?
Speaker 2: Am I wrong? Frent?
Speaker 5: No, You're not wrong, but don't don't you get it on ESPN plus the Summit League.
Speaker 2: The Summit League and also that dumb conference with Western connect Kentucky has, like Flow Sports. A couple of these conferences are being big fatsos and they want to get their own nine ninety nine, So their stupid conferences and it just drives me mos. Yeah, I'm not gonna watch it.
Speaker 6: I would take the sport books.
Speaker 3: Would incentivize these networks, can't they incentivize them financially to put the games where they're watchable, because the more people are gonna watch the games, the more they're going to bet them if they can watch them.
Speaker 6: I would it would be something there.
Speaker 1: Branch, you've Branch, you hosted the NFL today, You've you've done college football national championships. You you called the Doug Fluti miracle in nineteen eighty five, Where does hearing Todd wishnev scream about nine ninety nine Summit League subscriptions. Rank in your career highlights? Where would you put this?
Speaker 4: Well today it's number one.
Speaker 1: I would answer.
Speaker 2: But he agreed with me. Yo, he agreed with me that that is larceny. That is larceny. Anyways, here's my first pick. My first pick is the uh, what do you have for the total in the Charger Bengal game?
Speaker 1: Which way do you want to bet it?
Speaker 2: Yep, I don't know.
Speaker 1: See forty seven and a half, forty seven and a half.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go under forty seven and a half in the Charger Bengal game. To me, the Chargers are the better team and the team that tends to take control of the tempo of a football game. John Harbaugh, not John Harborough, the other Harbaugh has decided he's going to run the football, and he's going to play defense, and he's gonna play like AFC North football, even though he's on an A on the Chargers. Right, he's the Charger coach. Right, he's gonna play Jim.
Speaker 1: I think it's smool. Harball, I think is what it is. I don't Harbor.
Speaker 2: I think his real name is Jim. But anyways, Jim Harbaugh has decided he's going to play tough, hard nose, old style, smash mouth football. Hand the ball off. Now, granted he has one of the greatest quarterbacks. That Herbert guy throws it. We all know throws the most beautiful ball. He's also great when throwing underhand, forehand, you know, forward at the end of halves. We know that as well. By the way, Brent, I don't know if you saw, but they were talking about the reason he was able to make that throw without fumbling was because he picks up bricks in the summer. They have some kind of like brick thing where they do like things to strengthen his hand so he doesn't fumble the ball, which I thought was very interesting. But anyways, obviously we love Herbert. They're going to run the ball. They're not going to play shootout football with Cincinnati. Cincinnati's defense is terrible. Run the ball at them, slow the game down like they love to do. Under forty seven and a half.
Speaker 1: All right, I've already given to so will your second.
Speaker 2: I will argue about too, too, Brent, Philly.
Speaker 3: Brent, Yeah, I will point out that they're battically drying up that Herbert is just you know, some stat pattern and he's not any good and he's a losing player, which I think was starting to get out there because there, look, you get the right coach, you start to win some games.
Speaker 6: But I've already heard that too.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you have many still go it's Brentstern. Now it's Brent.
Speaker 1: Brent. Brent gets too here.
Speaker 5: I'm going to go with the public over a eighty percent around the country, the Bears are in deep, deep trouble the Packers.
Speaker 4: I've got it at five and a half. I'm going to give the five and a half.
Speaker 5: I think the Packers will bounce after the rest going to the Windy City. I'm really disappointed in the lack of progress shown by Caleb Williams. I thought he would be more effective, but I don't think the Bears offensive line can block anybody.
Speaker 4: That right tackle should not have been In the NFL.
Speaker 5: You can get a quarterback sack nine times in a game. You get a horrible line. So I'm going to go ahead and give the five and a half. Even though Jordan Love not the best decision maker I've watched, he seems to have progressed in that area. I'm going to go ahead and back the Packers.
Speaker 1: Brent in the in the pie chart of who's to blame in Chicago coaching offensive line, Caleb, what are your percentages?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm going to go with eighty seventy five percent at least of the offensive line, and that I think reflects on the whoever the line coaches.
Speaker 4: I don't even I don't even know who it is.
Speaker 5: I know that I've watched the Raiders, who I thought had a decent decent wasn't good, but it was a decent offensive line, and it is completely deteriorated. I think the most underrated position coach in the National Football League are your offensive line coaches.
Speaker 4: When you look around the look.
Speaker 5: At I would check who is coaching the Detroit Lions offensive line, for example, that's that's as good as it gets now. Obviously they've got some good talent there at the tackle spots in particular. But I would blame the coaches and the offensive line more than I would Caleb.
Speaker 4: I'd like to see, Caleb.
Speaker 5: You know, it's interesting in today's NFL, I would be inclined to hire offensive coaches rather than defensive coaches.
Speaker 4: If you look at.
Speaker 5: Rams forty nine ers, teams have moved the football. They seem to have guys in charge that are from the offensive side of the ball. And obviously defense is important, but the league stresses offense so much, and the Bears one coach. I would look at hard as a head coach next year. As the offensive coordinator of the Lions. Now that we're speaking about him, he's done an unbelievable job. Anytime you can come back from a quarterback who throws five interceptions and won a football game. Obviously, he's got two really good running backs that he could lean on. But I would finger the coaching staff kill of the Bears as much as anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ben Johnson is the Lions offensive coordinator. He they flew him to d C with the Redskins with the army of the Commodore's vacancy last year head coaching vacancy, and the word was he just decided. He said, I'd rather prefer to stay as the offensive coordinator of the Lions. The buzz was that he thought that the the new Josh Harris administration, which also includes Bob Myers from the Warriors, he thought they were too BASKETBALLI and that they were a little they thought they knew a little too much about the football when they really didn't. So he stayed for whatever reason. That's I don't know if that's true, but that's the rumor that that was his reaction. Yea, so he stayed for Detroit. Bret, I think you get a third here. You got another one. Final bet, well final bet, because.
Speaker 5: I'm a I'm a recreational guy. You know, I bet pizzas and things like that.
Speaker 4: So I want to have a fun bet for tonight.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm going to go to my Wyoming fan duel people, and there are four players going tonight for the Eagles and the Commanders.
Speaker 4: Who have combined for twenty eight touchdowns.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna take plus two thousand, three hundred and fifty one and back Saquon Barkley, Jalen Hurts, Terry McLaurin, and Jayden Daniels to all score anytime touchdowns. And if I bet half a pizzat my ten bucks, I get seven.
Speaker 4: Hundred and.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, I get two hundred and thirty five dollars.
Speaker 4: That's that's my mask, Okay, Brent.
Speaker 1: That is a that is a fun bend but I must go to the Megapod statutes, and Todd wishnev will read from the Torah of the Megapod and what is it?
Speaker 2: State Todd, I believe this is in both the Old Testament and the New Testament. It states all Megapod participants must have three regular picks. They can give fun picks on the side, but they must have three regular picks of either a point spread or a total, and if not, the penalty is punishable by stony.
Speaker 4: I apologize, here's my third pick. Okay.
Speaker 5: In a regular season, you always bet the Bills to beat the Chiefs, and the playoffs you always bet the Chiefs to beat the Bills. So what do we got? We got one and a half or two and a half. The Bills are going to I'll take the Bills to hand the Chiefs their first set loss of the season.
Speaker 4: It's not enough stream bessage. So first loss season.
Speaker 1: Three tremendous matchups this weekend, Philly and Washington tonight Thursday Night Football, that of course Baltimore and Pittsburgh on Sunday, and then that one that Brentches talked about, Buffalo and Kansas City. You imagine that if the Chiefs somehow win this game. What are we gonna think about the Bills and the Chiefs after that? We're just gonna be like the Chiefs are invincible and Buffalo will never get over them. Is that what the narrative is going to be?
Speaker 2: How far do you have to drive to get to Wyoming to be at Sandel Yeah, good question.
Speaker 4: Uh, let's see get to the hotel three and a half hours.
Speaker 2: Oh, you have to drive that far to Wyoming. Oh my gosh, you are Have you.
Speaker 4: Ever been to Jackson, Wyoming than a wintertime? My friend?
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I don't know if you know your American geography, Todd, but those are big states out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I didn't really. Maybe Brent was like on the border or something, and that's why he was talking about going to Wyoming. But I guess I guess he's far away. I'm pulling up my maps right now. That Wow, it's far wow. Anyways, Okay, so it's my turn for my second pick. I'm gonna go with I'm gonna go down to a little place we like to call Akrashuer Stadium Yunser Time Yuensertian, Pennsylvania, where a little club named the Pittsburgh Stores are going done and they're gonna kick some butt against the Baltimore Ravens. Let me tell you this, anytime the line has been three or higher in this matchup, I believe I second these guys this thing in the Twitter zone the other day. I use that Twitter machine and I sent it down air and I'm gonna give you the exact numbers of exactly what the records are. But anytime in the in the last Harbaugh, how long has John Harbaugh been don Air in Baltimore. It's been a long time since two thousand and eight. Favorites of three or more in the Ravens Store game are two, eighteen and three. Harball himself was favored by at least a field goal against Pittsburgh is ten and two. These are not good number. This is telling you ins that these when you when these two teams play, throw at everything. Because we're gonna have a knockdown, drag out fight and it's going to be a tight one. I'm gonna take the Pittsburg Stealers because look, we got Russell Wilson. He can throw the moon ball, we can run the football. The Ravens don't have much of a defense. And now you're telling me you're giving us three at Actor sure with the parking prices of one hundred dollars South Parking, that's crazy. Give me plus three.
Speaker 1: I want to say, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not going to feel good. I want to make him feel good.
Speaker 5: Gil Lamar Jackson is one in three against the Steelers, okay, and that loan victory was his first start against them back in twenty nineteen. Now against the other two teams in the division, Bengals and Browns, Lamar Jackson is seventeen and five.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something on the right track.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not usually a trends guy, Todd, but what was that two in eighteen? What was that? The record is favorite.
Speaker 2: Since Harbaugh got to Baltimore in two thousand and eight, favorites of three or more in the Raven Steelers game, meaning, no matter who's favored by three or more, don't take the favorite because the favorites are two eighteen and three. Harbaugh himself, when favored by at least a field goal against Pittsburgh is oh ten and two. It's unbelievable because every Pittsburgh Raven game is like every other Pittsburgh Raven game. It's gonna be seventeen sixteen in the last minute, and it's gonna come down to the end like it always does. So you're gonna give me three points at akersher It's crazy.
Speaker 1: And I think I am contractually obligated to mention that if Mike Tomlin wins this game, the streak has continued for another year where he will not have a losing season. Is at worse, they will be eight eight and one at that point there it is. Season win total was eight and a half before the season start.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was much to the chagrin of many of us who have the under well and thunders. Yes, Brent raising his hand as well, will you're.
Speaker 2: Don't you realize this is a football time. This is a football time. I know we've got the Pengins in the parts, but this is a football time.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do we have for a total willing game? I'm seeing some forty and a half. I'm seeing some forty eight the jersey.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's see it is forty eight and a half.
Speaker 2: Gilly, you're I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's me?
Speaker 2: Is that me? We've got some sounds from somebody.
Speaker 1: I hear some sound that.
Speaker 5: No, No, it's my my yard people showed up at the wrong time.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's the yard people.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna under forty eight and a half.
Speaker 3: For all the reasons you guys mentioned, this game is usually close, it's usually low scoring. For some reason, I had him, I had. This game is always twenty to seventeen. I'm looking at the series history. Now none of the games are actually twenty to seventeen, but it's a lot of nineteen sixteen, nineteen thirteen, twenty to nineteen, nineteen fourteen. So these games are close. These games are low scoring. It is still pretty high total for a year in the NFL, where it's hard to get to fifty points. And I know Baltimore is an overteam, but like Brent said, Lamar in his career four touchdowns against the Steelers, seven interceptions, zero rushing touchdowns tom and for whatever reason, his defenses have held Lamar in check. I think Lamar is an odd player with the more you see him, the more you get used to defending him, the better chance you have. I think Baltimore, I know the stats aren't good defensively, but they've played some really good offenses. They've played homes and now and and you just go down the line Burrow twice. I think this since this Baltimore defense is not as bad as some of the numbers indicate, so I look for another typical, you know, twenty three to twenty twenty seventeen type of.
Speaker 2: A half.
Speaker 1: I think it's the best rivalry in the NFL. Right, Baltimore Pittsburgh best rivalry.
Speaker 6: I would say Chiefs Bills as currently.
Speaker 1: Really wow bred.
Speaker 6: Just because they had no game if in the playoffs a lot. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You might be right, you might be right. It could be that Bill's Chiefs certainly well that that will have a chapter this weekend. Also, I'll tell you what it isn't anymore. It isn't Redskins Cowboys anymore. That's for sure. By the way, Brent has because we don't have the visual on this, Brent has gotten up and he is I think physically assaulting the yard person. I believe that's what's happening.
Speaker 6: We'll have to tell the trial now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Todd, you got one more. I got one more. Who's first?
Speaker 6: You can go first?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: This has nothing to do with any kind of analysis other than when I was doing other that other than when I was doing guessing lines on Money Day. I just couldn't understand this number. Uh, it's new I thought New Orleans would be a three point favorite over the Browns, and instead it's one.
Speaker 2: I believe what is it?
Speaker 1: Right now? New Orleans is a one point favorite over the Browns. I think I have or know them.
Speaker 2: I have the Browns minus.
Speaker 1: One, the Browns minus one, might be even Browns minus one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm taking a Saint.
Speaker 1: Okay, give me a pick, because I'm taking the Saints, and I just don't get it. I don't really understand what the Browns have done to deserve that kind of respect in the market. So I'm taking the Saints. Saints are my play out of your last one, and we're done with it, and we'll go to the final.
Speaker 6: Twelve eleven Dakota. By the way, up, somebody.
Speaker 4: Who paid the nine bucks?
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Wa wait before I do my last pick, I'm hearing something. It's coming in very clearly. Oh yes, here it is Atlanta Falcons Denver Broncos. The Denver Broncos lead at twenty one to twelve late in the ball game. Here, we've got Kirk Cousins driving down to try to get the back door touchdown. For those of you in Vegas, you know what I'm saying. Cousins rolls to the right, he throws to beij On, the balls tipped in the air.
Speaker 6: White Beageon comes down with it.
Speaker 2: Bejon Robinson has it. It's gonna be twenty one nineteen in Denver. Does not cover.
Speaker 1: Holy cow, somebody get him a respirator.
Speaker 3: By the way, Nope, po never gives up, never calls the extra point. You always it's just always a seven point touchdown in these scenarios for some reason.
Speaker 1: Right, it's right, Wait a minute, wait a minute, it's not all I wish. I wish we had the visual because Todd puts his hand up to his ear like it's nineteen thirty five.
Speaker 2: Because the ball was tipped on that one. So it was hard to know whether I love when like there's a when there's a touchdown, the local radio makes the call and they're not sure whether it's a touchdown, and like the cover, the color guy's screaming he has yeah, you know, like that's fantastic. Anyways, my last pick, I'm gonna go with the under forty two in the Houston Texans playing the Dallas Cowgirls. The Houston Texans to me are a great under team. Why they can't balk so their offense is crappy, but they do play some defense. They played a hell of a defensive game against the Lions the other night. Five interceptions really really stout on defense. The defense to me, was the reason they were even in the game. And so I think there's no reason why they won't be able to completely shut down this anemic Cooper Rush Dallas Cowboys or whoever they're going to play. I don't know if they're gonna play Trey Lance or whoever the Cowboys are going to play. It's going to be ugly and they're not going to be able to move the ball in the Texans. And on the other side, the Texans don't really move the ball. So this this screams to me, thirty one to seven Texans, you know it's just going to be a low scoring game, under forty two in that game for me.
Speaker 1: Oh, Cooper Rush, by the way, did not make my top fifteen, either of backup quarterbacks. Would you like to hear my top fifteen? Thought you'd never ask. Ready, here we go. Fifteen is a third stringer, Josh Dobbs of the Niners fourteen Mac Jones of the Jaguars, thirteen Drew Locke of the Giants. C. J. Bethard Is twelve, the third stringer for the Jaguars, comes ahead of McNown eleven Taylor Heinek gave the Charger, ten Malik Willis of the Packers, nine Marcus Mariotto the Commanders, eight Mitch Trubisky of the Bills, seven Tarrod Taylor of the Jets, six Justin Fields of the Steelers. Five Jacobe Prisett of the Patriots, four Joe Flacco of the Colts, three Jake Browning of the Bengals, two Jimmy Garoppolo of the Rams, and one Andy Dolton of the Band. Those are your fifteen.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Brent would would would argue with those numbers.
Speaker 5: May Garoppolo overrated Gil, You overrated Garoppolo.
Speaker 1: I might have Reese. It's more of a body of work with Jimmy g then, plus he got to play with Niners and all that. You could be very you could very well be right, all right. Before we get to the final two questions. Teaser of the week, Brent the guest chair is in the lead, no pressure.
Speaker 4: None whatsoever.
Speaker 5: It's a six point right two tamer, yes, sir, right, okay, all right, Well, obviously I'm gonna take the Steelers up to nine, and even though I'm picking the Bills, I'm gonna take the Chiefs up to eight.
Speaker 2: And a half.
Speaker 1: And that would be my two team Steelers Chiefs. That's a good one, Steelership. What's that? Eight and a half? Eight and a half?
Speaker 6: Time?
Speaker 2: No, See, the Steeler line is three, so he's getting nine.
Speaker 1: Nine and eight and a half.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's gonna be a tough teaser to beat.
Speaker 3: Did I push my last because all of the wongs got home last week? All of the one and a half to seven and a half the wongs they weren't good great and are good early in the year, they were great last week.
Speaker 2: Will you had Chiefs minus two and the Cards plus seven and a half, that's why.
Speaker 3: And it closed seven and a half or whatever or seven. So in real life it got home if you bet it Sunday. But that's one of those ones. It depends when where you bet it.
Speaker 2: It me or is it todd It's uh, it's it's my turn on the teaser. I'm gonna go also with Brent here on the Chiefs plus eight and a half. I just don't see how you're gonna beat Patrick Mahomes by more than eight and a half points. I just don't. I don't know how anyone's gonna do it, even the Bills, who are you know, outstanding on offense, I just don't see how they're gonna do it. And then on my other one, I'm gonna go with the Miami Dolphins. Miami Dolphins, our coach twitters three bands all day, but we're playing the Raiders, so we're gonna win anyway. Miami Dolphins. Miest one.
Speaker 1: Was that? Was that any way? Your way of saying, oh my god, I can't think of any more lyrics?
Speaker 2: I just mad. No, it had to rhyme with any He wears three pants every day, so it had the rhyme anyway, you get it?
Speaker 6: Got it?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: This term aspreciated.
Speaker 3: Really, I am going to add the Chiefs as well, and I will use the Cincinnati Bengals off a mini by desperate spot.
Speaker 6: They tend to play close games.
Speaker 3: I don't think the Chargers are going to blow them out up, even if they're down ten late I can get the back door with Burrow Chargers Chiefs two team teaser.
Speaker 2: So you're getting.
Speaker 6: It's one now.
Speaker 3: See, Brent, every week they pull this ship on me. Every single week they conspire and they just try to give.
Speaker 6: Me the long line.
Speaker 1: You make the call Cincinnati Bengals is one.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I respect both of your decision. I'll take the seven, that's fine.
Speaker 1: I am going to take the San Francisco forty nine ers in the Great Brock Party, tease them down. You basically have to win their game against the Seahawks, and I'm going to pair them with the Kansas City Omaha Chiefs. Remember the Kansas City No?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, it goes way better.
Speaker 2: I do know way back Gilly is playing against against Seattle, I mean for Seattle. Just in case you were wondering, I do.
Speaker 1: I am aware of that. I am aware of that San Francisco Kansas City for me, Which brings us to the final two questions of each and every megapod ladies and gentlemen. First question is which of the big favorites do you believe is the most likely to lose? Outright, which are the big favorites is the most likely to lose? Outright. Your choices this week are the Miami Dolphins seven point favorites hosting the Raiders, the Lions two touchdown favorites, fourteen point favorites hosting the Jacksonville jag Wires, the Niners six and a half point favorites hosting the Seahawks, and of course, the Monday Night the Hughes in Texans seven and a half point road favorites against the Cowboys. Which of those four teams? Brent? The four teams? Once again? What's that right?
Speaker 4: I got them?
Speaker 5: I got There's only one team you can go to and you can go against forty nine ers.
Speaker 4: Is Metcalf going for the Seahawks?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes he is.
Speaker 4: Metcalf is going. That would the Seattle Seattle is a pick of those four teams.
Speaker 1: Hey, Niners, one vote for Niners, Toddy.
Speaker 2: I agree with Brent. I think if Gino can get it going with Metcalf, they theoretically could upset. I mean, I'm not thinking they will, but that's the one I think is most likely.
Speaker 6: Willie generally agree with you, guys. I'll be a little different.
Speaker 3: I'll say, Houston, they're on the road, Dallas coming off an awful performance. You know stroud in the Texans, it hasn't looked great. They've been outscored on the year. I think everybody came into this year and oh they could make then athleet be a super Bowl contender. I don't think there are any sort of Super Bowl contender. They're just lucky they're in the right vision Strouded's regrest, so maybe they maybe they turned the ball over, you'll have a flat spot here and Dallas plays up and steals the game somehow.
Speaker 2: What's Bret, what's been Brent's experience a killy with with Brent? What's your experience been with Jarah? With Jared Jones? What's your opinion on the absolute mouth seasons? Yeah, the Dallas Boys.
Speaker 4: He's a great guy, great guy to be around.
Speaker 5: Should should have stepped down as general manager, you know years ago. He's uh, he's a wonderful person. And listen, the Raiders would not be in Las Vegas without Jerry Jones. Okay, Jerry loves to come into Las Vegas have a weekend with his buddies up there. He always did come into town and he was the one who saw that there could be a future for a professional football team in the City of Las Vegas. Mark Davis would not have been able to get the other owner to agree without Jerry's leadership. So I can't say any of the good things about him, but I can't say any of the bad things about him as a general manager right now, Okay, I wish he had I wish he had just turned it over to somebody. You know, maybe somebody like a Jason Garrett can be a general manager. A pretty smart dude. I like listening to him.
Speaker 4: But he was with Jerry for about a decade.
Speaker 5: Down there, some smart guy who just has a little more insight. Yeah, of course, Jerry played at Arkansas Jimmy Johnson of those guys quite a few years ago. He should not be the general manager. It's too bad. Obviously McCarthy's going to be out at the end of the year. Jerry is smart enough not to change coaches in midseason's that's always an invitation to disaster.
Speaker 4: And we'll go from there.
Speaker 5: But I want to repeat when when you're around Jerry or you're talking to him, he never talks past you. I never looks beyond you. He's really a good guy and a bad general manager.
Speaker 1: Do you do you think Brent that he would be an inspired choice for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. You think that would be as.
Speaker 4: He and Trump would would get along.
Speaker 5: I mean, but Jerry would have to abandon Chris Christy first. You know what I'm saying, You'd have to tell a fat one you're no longer a cowboy fan.
Speaker 1: And that's a good point, very good, by the way. My answer that question, as much as I want to pick the Dolphins or the Texans, it's probably the Niners. Niners most likely the big favorites to lose out right. And then the final question, Let's say we live in a bizarro world where we had to bet a side on every one of these week eleven games, but we were allowed one free pass, one game that you could pass on, which, Brent, is the game that you would want no part of when it comes to betting on a side.
Speaker 4: I take the Chiefs and the Bills. You know, yeah, you know the Bills.
Speaker 5: The Bills have played well, got them at home, you know, nine and oh.
Speaker 4: I understand nine and oh is nine and oh, but they've been very lucky.
Speaker 5: The chief says that that's the one game I just sit back and watch it and not take a side. But but what I do in the contests and with people everything, I pick out the five best games of the week or the ones I'm going to watch, and those are the ones I'm going to bet. Uh, you know I I just don't like to bet trash, and so that's that's how I do it.
Speaker 1: I wonder how many people played those the five games they'll be the most paying attention to them. I wonder it's probably a bigger percentage than we We're really close to this a lot. Yeah, I bet it's a higher PA.
Speaker 5: You know your commanders are in a Thursday night game. I want to say one thing about the league. The Thursday night schedule has been much better, much better, uh this year, and they they're doing a very smart thing about picking a division game, okay, because he was going to get good competition with the with those division games like that, and UH, Sunday Night football hasn't been quite as good. I'm sure NBC is complaining. I think they flexed the end of this one this week. As I recall, the league overrated the New York Jets when the when they brought the brought the schedule out. I think they were pulling for New York eyeballs, and they were hoping for the best. I think the problem there is that people just didn't remember how poorly Aaron Rodgers played in the conclusion of his Green Bay career. I believe his last game. They were playing Detroit and it was the last week of the season. The Lions had been knocked out of the playoffs, as I recall earlier in the day by the Seahawks with a win. So the Lions had nothing to play for and they came in there and they knocked the Packers out of the playoffs. And Rogers did not look good that night. You know, you get the other side of forty when you're a quarterback. Tom Brady obviously the exception down in Tampa. But you know, it's the cliche. Father time remains undefeated. Wide receivers over thirty I would start to move out. I think they deteriorate. It's just the way it is. But otherwise, like tomorrow, the reason why CBS on Sunday has the Chiefs and the Bills is because they have to have the Chiefs and the Bills in so many games. It's part of their contract during the season. There's nothing in competition with it. They've got the full country in their doubleheader game on Sunday, and that's quick for fans. That'll be a great game to watch, great game to bet, have have some fun with.
Speaker 4: If you're a recreational guy, so you know, so be.
Speaker 5: But I think that the negative thing about the league right now, it's how many bad teams there are.
Speaker 1: That's that's the story.
Speaker 5: I just and I just, you know, we we thought the Panthers were Now a lot of teams have joined them. My Raiders have joined them. They are bad Titans. We've talked about them earlier. It's it's a shame. The Jaguars have gone to the wrong, wrong direction. I the Colts. The Colts to me, made a horror indous mistake when they put all their chips on the table for Richardson. He was not ready to come out of Florida. He's a youngster who should have been told to stay in school. And the one good thing about paining college football players today is you're going to see the quarterbacks stick around longer.
Speaker 4: And that's going to be good eventually for the NFL. I mean, look at bo Nicks.
Speaker 5: I don't think any as thought he was going to be as good as he's turned out to be. But but he played, and he had a lot of college games under his belt, and so anyway, I didn't make it wander off.
Speaker 4: It'll never never land.
Speaker 1: But no, I think I think it's interesting. It's also it's also going to be interesting in basketball too, where you have guys that now are you know, it manifests itself in so many different ways, guys that are borderline NBA players who are like you, who are opting to stick around longer with n I L R. And so it's just it will have an interesting effect on both sports. That's an interesting point about quarterbacks and the long term, you know, prognosis of young quarterbacks that finally do enter the league. Because you're right, I don't think we're being prisoner of the moment. There are more bad teams this year than I seem to ever remember, and that is ultimately bad for the league because what you end up having is we have three great games on paper this weekend. Most weeks we don't have these kind of three matchups, right, And there's a lot of games. Remember that that the the late window last week was awful, horrible, right, Like it was just terrible football.
Speaker 4: It was terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so it's uh, it is a problem for the league currently. And you're right about guys like Richardson, but you know how it is. They get drafted now, there's no there's no holding the clipboard for three years, right, They just get thrust in there because of their They got to find out who they have, and the Colts have made the decision to find out who they have now that they're back to four and six. Will your choice or Todd your choice for a game you want no part of I don't.
Speaker 2: Really want the Jets Colts game at all. I have no idea what I get Joe Flacco from week to week. Sometimes he's okay, sometimes he's throwing them all the other.
Speaker 1: Team the Jets did Anthony Richardson though, Oh it's.
Speaker 2: Anthony okay, Well, same thing. I mean Anthony richards and who the hell is at and and uh, I mean we know that you didn't get anything from Anthony richards and he's not good either, and then and then you get you know, the Jets, and what I have no idea which Jets are going to show up. I mean, like like Brant was saying, I think Rogers has seen his better days. And uh, I just don't want any part of that.
Speaker 1: I think that's my choice too. By the way, Colts Jets, and I do think that the Jets, you know, Brenna is right. I think Tom Brady in many ways spoiled our perception or spoiled the markets perception of what is possible after the age of forty. But I think the Jets are are week after week the most overrated team in the betting market. Yet this week I'm so I have such a question mark on the Colts that I'm with you, Todd. I want to part that Jets. Willie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Colts were actually almost one of my picks. I think if we have to do four, Colts would have been the fourth one. Rams, Patriots.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Are the Rams good?
Speaker 2: Are they?
Speaker 3: Do they stink? Are the Patriots actually okay? Or do they actually stink? I have no field for les Patriots.
Speaker 6: That's that's what I don't want.
Speaker 1: But that's what we're talking about, right, Games like that that like league. I don't remember the League having so many crap games like that where you're like, oh, whatever, and whatever happens won't surprise me, you know, gentlemen, Thank you both. Thank you all, I should say, Brent, always a pleasure. The Great Brent Musburger from his home in Montana. Brent, I love that you are still willing and able to come on the show. And despite despite Todd singing Miami Dolphins theme you know theme song, we appreciate.
Speaker 5: I hope I don't spoil the one lost record of the guests.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Hey.
Speaker 1: What pressure to?
Speaker 4: What's the basketball score?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 4: What's going on on my head?
Speaker 2: We need an updated and from live from the Summit League action. It's the North Dakota twenty seven, the Utah twenty nine, Utah Valley twenty five, and what really has turned out have to be a surprising ball game as Utah Valley was favored. Go figure. I'm throwing it back to in the studio.
Speaker 5: Utah Vlley Mormons love to play basketball. Never forget that.
Speaker 1: Oh Mad, Brent, Thank you, Toddy, thank you, Will, thank you, thank you for everybody. Good luck with all your bets in the National Football League Week eleft