Speaker 1: Okay, So at those Wings Liberty games, who are you gonna.
Speaker 2: Be cheering for?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's crazy because I can ask this a lot. I'm going to cheer for you to do well. I want you to have a great game. I want you to go off set a record. I'm gonna root for my Liberty to win.
Speaker 2: Hey, whatever of your own people.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, everyone, welcome back to another episode. A fut around and find out I'm here with my girl Ashanti.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey girl, So today we're doing an AMA episode, and so we ask our audience to ask us a bunch of questions and now.
Speaker 2: We get to answer it.
Speaker 3: Let's get to it all right, First up, this is some rookie talk. Okay, what's been the most surreal I made it moments so far?
Speaker 1: Put in the dull jersey on getting to step on the floor for the first time with this team.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. That that must be crazy times. Movie is so quick for you, so quick.
Speaker 1: It actually is insane, but sur real, Like I'm really in the w it's crazy.
Speaker 2: What city are you most excited to play in?
Speaker 1: Mmm, well, I'm excited to go to all of them obviously, get the Plage team experience. Each arena and their fans and the environment. But I'm excited to go home into Minnesota just to see all my people and see all my family. I'm excited to play in the Bay. Hopefully Steph will be for real. No, we listen, we're not playing with him. It's like, that'd be cool to see him there. But also I've heard that that place is insane. But yeah, I'm really excited to play everywhere. I can't wait to visit, and I yeah, I can't wait for you to visit. I just can't wait to get your jersey.
Speaker 3: But you know, anyways, will you ever hit a Sally Sally's celebration?
Speaker 2: The fans are waiting. Listen. I'm just trying to make some shots first. I know that's right, Okay, I'm trying.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get over a ball screen first.
Speaker 2: You'll get there. You'll get there.
Speaker 3: But it's like, could you see yourself hitting a celebration going up threes?
Speaker 2: Something?
Speaker 1: I have no idea, like for myself, I don't know. I love when other people do it, or like I could do it for someone else. Okay, I don't know about for myself. We'll see.
Speaker 2: Maybe not yet, y'all, not yet, y'all, that's later later.
Speaker 3: What was it like for you the day you officially left yukon campus?
Speaker 2: I cried.
Speaker 1: Probably had a car service from campus to New York to go to the drafts, and I think I cried like the first hour. It's a three hour drive. I think I cried the first hour. It was like literally like one of those sad movie scenes. It wasn't raining though, but I was like looking at the window at all, like the cows and the horses, I'm really gonna miss it, slow tears looking out the window.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've been there five years. There's a lot to process. Yeah, you're leaving home. Yeah it's okay, new home. What shoes will you be wearing this season on the court.
Speaker 1: It's a great question. I'll be wearing Jordan's, but I don't know which one yet, so we'll be figuring that out together. There was actually a girl after our first game that what did she say?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: She was like, easy, what are the odds I can have your shoes?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Can I please have them? They're so pretty?
Speaker 1: And I was like, I would love to give them to you, but I only have two of these right now, So no, not yet. This is all I got, sis, I'm soryous, It's all I got right now.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I can't wait for you to come out with your own shoe. Do you have any rookie duties? Uh?
Speaker 1: No, rookie duties. But I'm a very like like if you need me to do something, I'll do it. It's like if I notice someone's like looking around, or if I'm in a seat and someone doesn't have a scene, like do you want to see like I can move? Do you want me to get that for you? Like I'm very aware of my place in the tote bowl, you know, like I'm the rookie, Like, let me help all of you guys.
Speaker 2: You know it's my job. Right.
Speaker 3: That's crazy because you were just at the top of the zone pole and then within weeks now you're you're starting over.
Speaker 1: All bost I know, Like two weeks ago is like cleay.
Speaker 3: Go get that from me, a col Now you're over here, Like, can I help you?
Speaker 2: What's the craziest thing you had to sign? Like ever in my life?
Speaker 3: Let's do ever in your life, and then let's do as a Dallas wing ever in my life.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Actually I've been wanting to keep track of this, because there's been some really random things and even things that I've been gifted that it's just like, Okay, yeah, I don't know. I just signed a Latle boo boo. I just signed a w NB gay hat. Okay, that was pretty cool. Lots of jerseys, balls posters. So what's the craziest gift because you mentioned some No, I've just I can't say one of them, oh my god. And it wasn't but this one, like it wasn't a gift. It was like fan mail and it was just like, no way somebody did that. Anyways, if you know, you know, I don't know. I can't even I'm put on the spot and I can't even come up with an answer. Now, I'm sorry, even as a Dallas Wing. Craziest thing you signed? Any babies yet?
Speaker 2: No baby set?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. Okay, so we're gonna move on to Dallas. We're gonna pivot to Dallas. Questions when are your kids coming to visit you in Dallas? KK, Kalise K and I when they come to see you? KK will be here soon. Actually, her birthday's coming up. It is coming up. And then the rest of them, I don't know. I've told them all that I want them to come visit at some point, whether it's in May when they're off, or July and August when they're off, but like I would love to see them, I'd love for them to visit. I have an extra bedroom, or we can cuddle. I told cuddle. So I just know Caalise is going to hear this and take this as a green light. You should never said you can share the bed, babes. Are you still riding around in your Madison Read truck?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I've said it on here, but I name the Madison Ribbean Maddie obviously after Madison Read. But I miss Maddie terribly. Like if you've never driven a Ribbean, at least the one that I had, there's like no on or off button. You get in when you walk up to it and unlocks automatically. You get in, it's already on, like you just put it in to drive, put in reverse, whatever. Then when you finish, you put in the park and get out, it turns off and locks on its own. There have been at least ten times that I've gotten out of my car, not turn the car off, Like try to go into drive and not turn the car on. It's really humbling switching cars. But I miss Maddie.
Speaker 2: Bring Maddie back to Dallas. Are you bringing Stewie to Dallas?
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: She's been with Curry for so long. I can't separate them like they can't be single dogs. They need each other. That would just be selfish if I did that.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 1: She will come to visit though I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna say we missed your dogs. Though they'll come to visits.
Speaker 1: This segment of Committed to Care, Women, Health and Sports is presented by United Healthcare. Hey, guys, it's easy if you listen to futt around and find out. We know we like to talk about what's really going on behind the scenes, not just the games, but everything that happens in my life between the lines. So I thought, why wouldn't the People's princess share some more personal thoughts on ways to stay healthy that really eat.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: I want to get into something that doesn't always get enough attention, injury prevention and what it actually looks like to come back the right way if you get one, and if you do get injured, coming back the right way matters. That's something I care about, and it's also why United Healthcare is a part of this conversation. They're committed to helping people better understand their health and stay ahead of issues before they become bigger problems. A big part of that is making sure people have the right information, the right support, and the clear path forward so you're not trying to figure it out all on your own. For athletes, a lot of injury prevention comes down to the details you stay on top of every day. Making sure your body is actually ready before you go full speed, not skipping over warmups, not rushing into things, and paying attention to how you're moving. That can look like taking a few extra minutes to activate the right muscle groups, making sure your joints feel good, and easing into intensity instead of jumping straight into it and hoping your body catches up. Spending time on mobility and stability, especially in areas that take on the most stress, so your body can handle the demands you're putting on it. That might mean focusing on hips, ankles, knees, the areas that do a lot of the work but don't always get the attention they need until something feels off. Balancing what you're doing matters too, not overloading the same movements over and over again without giving your body a chance to adjust, Mixing in different types of work, managing how much you're doing, and understanding that more isn't always better if your body isn't keeping up with it. And then there's awareness checking in with yourself regularly, not just once in a while, but consistently. How does your body feel today? How did it feel yesterday? Is something tighter than usual? Are you moving the same way you normally do? Those small chick ins matter. Catching those early gives you a chance to adjust before they turn into something bigger, and if something does happen, coming back the right way takes a different kind of discipline. It's not about jumping back in as soon as you feel okay. It's about progressing step by step, reintroducing movement, building confidence and how your body feels, making sure each phase actually feels solid before moving forward. You've got to be honest with yourself during that process, because one good day doesn't mean everything is back to normal. Consistency is what matters. This is especially important for female athletes. There's often pressure to stay on the court to keep going to not fall behind. But long term health comes from understanding your body, respecting where you are in the moment, and making decisions that support you over time. And that's where having the right support system matters. In sports, there are people paying attention to all of this, helping you catch things early, helping you make the right adjustments, guiding you through each step. Health Care should feel like that too. That's the idea behind United Healthcare, helping connect you with a team of healthcare professionals whose focus is centered on you so you can understand what's going on in your body, catch issues earlier, and know what to do next instead of guessing. That can include access to different types of care that work together, primary care specialists, physical therapy so everything feels connected instead of fragmented. It can also mean having tools and resources that help you stay informed so when something feels off, you know where to go and what to do next. Women understand that they have to take such specific care of themselves with doctors for all different things, and the goal is to make that care feel coordinated so you're not guessing, so you're not navigating it alone, so you can stay focused on what matters in your day to day life. At the end of the day, this isn't about doing one thing perfectly. It's about paying attention to the details, staying consistent with the small things, and having the support around you to handle whatever comes up the right way. That's what helps you say out there. This segment is presented by United Healthcare United Healthcare Committed to Care.
Speaker 3: All right, let's move to some podcast related questions. Would you ever do a live taping of an episode at All Star Weekend?
Speaker 1: No, I'm just kidding. Maybe I have no idea.
Speaker 3: The way we need to clip that because the way you just broke people's hearts is crazy.
Speaker 2: Maybe cool? Which pot episode is your favorite or what was your favorite?
Speaker 1: Like obviously stuff was amazing. All of the ones with KK I've loved, honestly, all those my teammates have had a great time with They're so fun. But just I like every guest I've liked for different reasons, even the ones I was like, I don't know this is gonna go. They've pleasantly surprised me.
Speaker 3: I know our most our craziest episode was the stub Buds, but I agree in each that was so long ago.
Speaker 2: Which is crazy. It was like our second episode.
Speaker 3: I know that. Wow.
Speaker 2: Still doing numbers.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Who's your dream podcast guests? M I got one? Who's yours mister and missus Obama?
Speaker 1: Oh, that would be insane, that would be crazy. That would be insane. That would be crazy, that'd be really cool. I like that answer.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know who mine would be a singer the answer, I feel like you got a couple you don't know who yours would be? Not Carrie, Miss Carrie Washington. I wouldn't be able to speak. I'd be.
Speaker 1: I'd be speechless, So no, it couldn't be her, all right, shawnte. What's been your favorite moment on the pod?
Speaker 3: Ooh, I love when we get to record the pod in person. So anytime we've been in person with KK that was super fun. When we're a person after the draft, that was fun. So anytime we get a recording person, it's my favorite. Those are definitely fun. How many Dallas games are you gonna go to?
Speaker 1: Oof?
Speaker 3: I'm going to try to go to as many as possible. I will be at your New York games for sure, but I will make my way out to Dallas.
Speaker 2: You know you better.
Speaker 3: I will I promise you know I got to pull out my little fit.
Speaker 2: That is true, That is very true. I got you for sure. Okay.
Speaker 1: So at those Wings Liberty games, who are you gonna be cheering for?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's crazy because I can ask this a lot. I'm going to cheer for you to do well. I want you to have a great game. I want you to go off set a record.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna root for my Liberty to win. Hey whatever, that's your own people. Bro Oh, come on, New Yorker went through fun just fine.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: Next question?
Speaker 1: Could you share some advice for girls pursuing sports journalism?
Speaker 3: Oh? I love this. My advice to young girls who are pursuing sport journalism is to stay the path.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Everyone has their own story, and I think people get caught up with she does this, and she also does this, and we all do the same thing. But there's only one you, rite, only one you in the entire world, and no one can do what you do the way.
Speaker 2: That you do it.
Speaker 3: So stay true to yourself, stay the course. There's going to be a lot of no's, but all you need is the right. Yes, Yeah, that's my advice.
Speaker 2: I like that. Advice. That's great advice. So let's move on to some food stuff.
Speaker 3: I got some questions for you. Hold on, how do you even say this? What is your portados order?
Speaker 2: Yeahtos?
Speaker 1: Okay, what is your Hortato's order? Honestly, I try to go with someone so I can order one of everything. Oh oh, everything is so good and you'll understand as soon as you get here.
Speaker 2: I'm bringing you there.
Speaker 3: Listen, I heard a song in my head. As soon as you said one of everything, I was like, big bag yo, get this go? No I do.
Speaker 2: I definitely want to try. Is this a Mexican spot? No, it's barbecue text mex spot. They have a like a toastata you can get a barbecue on it. M Okay, I'm down to like Macha. I actually don't.
Speaker 1: But I've only tried like Starbucks Macha and it's not like real, so I need to try like actual Masha.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, And I advise you like sweeter, like a sweeter drink or do you like Savior Save Savior.
Speaker 2: Sweeter or Savor a savory drink?
Speaker 3: I like Savor Savior y Savior, I like, I like it in between? Okay, Yeah, I would definitely recommend going to like a mom and pop shop, like a family owned space, and order from there. It's much better easy. You used to be obsessed with Natella? Have you given it up for good?
Speaker 2: I actually have.
Speaker 1: I haven't had any tell in a long time. I'll have it like occasionally, well I mean I haven't had it at all since the season started. But I would have it like occasionally on a pancake or on a crape or something. But I haven't had it. I used to be like sickly obsessed with Nattela. I was discussing looking back, I an unholy amount.
Speaker 2: It's so good, that holy it is. It's so good. All right.
Speaker 1: Well that is a wrap on today's episode of Thought Around and find Out. Thank you, thankys so much for listening and watching. Don't forget to rate, review and subscribe to Futter Around and find Out wherever you get your podcasts, and we'll see you all next week. Futter Around and find Out is a production of iHeart Women's Sports and Unanimous Media. Executive producers are Jesse Katz, Eric Payton, Charla Sumter Brugette, and Stephan Curry. Co executive producer is Kleana Maria Cutney. Producers are Mike Costcarelli, Grace Fughs, and Mackenzie Fitzpatcher, and co producers are Kurt Redmand, Maya Howard and Jack Ln Schoeninger. This podcast is edited by Mike Costcarelli and hosted by me Aisy Fudd and Ashaunty Plummer