Speaker 1: Warning. Today's episode Toady spoilers for the House of the Dragons season three finale. Be warned. Hello and it is Jason Concepcion and I'm Rosy Night and welcome back to Extra Vision, the podcast where we dive deep into your favorite shows, movies, comics, and pop culture comedy through my iHeart where we're bringing you three episodes a week plus.
Speaker 2: Garstists in today's episode, we have made it, guys.
Speaker 3: It's been a crazy bottle.
Speaker 2: We've traveled across the seas, We've flown in the skies. We've seen dragons fight on the ground.
Speaker 3: We've seen egg On be resurrected.
Speaker 2: All kinds of things are happening, and none of them are looking good for Rinerra. So we are here to talk about it. This is a crazy, action packed plus size episode. I believe it is an hour and ten minutes long, So watch that first and then listen to us, because we are going to be going ham on this one.
Speaker 1: We open on kings Landing, where gm O Grandmaster or Wild, demands to see the Queen. He's got some very very very important and sensitive and kind of mind blowing news to just say, like.
Speaker 3: One of the only people doing that job in kings Landing.
Speaker 2: How he's doing it, like he is keeping that shit going, like no one else is doing that fucking job. Everyone else is not doing it.
Speaker 3: He's Emo.
Speaker 1: I hope Gmo gets his due because he's crushing it. So soon after this, Rania bursts in on Damon and she's frantic and she says he has risen. And clearly we're talking about Eggon and Sunfire maybe you know, probably both of them together. You know Eggon's dragon that was quite clearly debt. I mean it looked dead.
Speaker 2: And people were reporting to everyone it's dead. People are touching a while it was confirmed dead. Like, I'm not blaming.
Speaker 3: This is not a bad information situation like this was. Everyone believed he was dead. Look, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: You flew over, multiple over, multiple dragons flew over and were like, it's rotten and dead.
Speaker 2: The only person who knew egg he said that. He said she's not dead, broth and he was correct.
Speaker 1: Well, uh so, and Eggon is back also, And obviously this is as we said last episode, this is the kind of headline that writes its if you're the propagandist for Eggon, TARGERI and this ship writes itself, it's right, it's just it just describe it as it happened, and it's amazing. Damon doesn't believe it. And apparently Eggon, after his resurrection and the rere resurrection of Sunfire, completely devastated the army of Lord Mutin at Rooks.
Speaker 2: Fast because we saw him at least a little bit and it was all looking good for them.
Speaker 1: So the Queen's forces have taken a significant, significant bloodying. And of course the Green supporters, which I've now kind of fractured into supporters of Darren and supporters of Eggon Targarian. But be that as may, Eggon supporters are already sending ravens all around the realm trumpeting this fantastic news. The king is back from the dead and Sunfire is back from the dead with him. It's a resurrection.
Speaker 3: This is the god, said Sion.
Speaker 1: It's incredible. Raniera is in I mean, she's crashing out, she's in a state tears, she aspir losing it. She's like, what the fuck is this? You know, like, he's back and what are people gonna think. The small folk are gathering around the sept they're awaiting word that they're King who was once thought dead the anointed King has returned due to the grace of the gods. Riner is like, what are we gonna do about all of this? She's distressed, she's crying, damn it. He's like, babe, get your fucking act together. You're the blood of o And it's the kind of same peptid. I gotta say. He is a great speaker. This gives her.
Speaker 2: Him. Give him a sports team because he's given that last fucking quo a speech.
Speaker 3: And they are winning.
Speaker 1: Ever he is, he we've seen him do it multiple times this season.
Speaker 3: And King's God. His wife is nice about He'll.
Speaker 1: Do it the city watch. I really worry about what would happen if she ever loses him. But anyway, he's like, babe, get it together. You're the blood of oval Aia. You have great power at your command.
Speaker 3: Who gives Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fuck him, just wheeled the power, okay? And he then, you know, he talks her in hi Valaria and gives her the pep talk and says, listen, you see it now right. The realm respects strength, period. You're trying to be nice. The nice queen listens to everybody and whatever, be strong. Now be ruthless and strong. So they set a watch for Eggon's dragons. She like is steadied by this. She's like, okay, set watch, make sure that you got to watch the skies for dragons, Hugh. But you go and take a post outside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't watch.
Speaker 1: Do do that, she says, Damon. Forget the pussy footy pussy footing around.
Speaker 3: Go attack Tumbleton now, yep, you can do it.
Speaker 1: You can do it now. I put that under your control house. Do you after you get in there, go house to house, kill every high tower that you can find, to the last men. But the realm's watching, the realms watching. Don't make me look bad. Don't just like kill willy nilly women children, kill every last high tower, but leave the civilians alive. Okay, just make me look good. He says, you got it. Ormond and Darren are once they're dead, he says, we kill egg Gun Okay. Bye. Meanwhile, Bayla wants to know.
Speaker 3: This scene is so good.
Speaker 2: I'm going to come back to this at the head with I think a theory I have about Ridnera and her naming, and well, I think this season is actually saying about her.
Speaker 3: So yes, tell me this.
Speaker 1: So Bayla runs up and is like, hold on, I understand there's a lot going on right now, but like Corliss, the sea snake, your hand, my grandfather, my grandfather, and a person who's been instrumental to your rise and to your reign is currently being held by Ormond Tower, and you're not just gonna attack the city right and not rescue him first, Like we're gonna do that, right, We're gonna rescue him. And the Queen is like, listen, Damon's gonna look, he's gonna go house to house and kill everybody. And so he's gonna look. But you know, like it's an active kind of live situation, and we'll take things as not a great answer. I mean, I think the thing to do here is go, yes, of course. And meanwhile, like you know, you expect David love best, but yeah, good luck. Bayla is like, well, I'm gonna go right now, and I'm gonna go get him. Uh I want to go, but Ver is like, no, we need you around here. And by the way, you flew over sunfire multiple times and reported back sunfire rotting in the fields, and now sunfire is alive running around with it. So I think you need to like kind of buckle down and follow orders right now, and also like do your job well, which I is if I think a fair position for Rnierer to take, but also like to be fair to Bela. That dragon was fucking dead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was dead, exactly like it.
Speaker 2: This is one of those situations where both of them are in the right honestly, Like, I understand why Ravenera is pissed off.
Speaker 3: But Beyla didn't do anything wrong. The dragon dead. Baila's dad told you the.
Speaker 2: Dragon was dead, babe, Like everyone's telling you the dragon's dead.
Speaker 1: Bayla then flips it and says, well, actually, like ever, it's your fault that Lord Corlis is a prisoner because you could have given him, you know, some kind of small measure of appreciation in the form of legitimizing Alan your feuze to do that. Gimma hard No, drove him away, and now he's a prisoner, and that's your fault. You didn't repay him. You don't repay any of the people that serve You just use them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that line.
Speaker 1: You just use them and you throw them away. And Ranier is like, you know, she kind of tries to defend herself from this, but it's clear that Beyla landed a shot. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 1: Finally Baila is like, listen, I will speak to you in any manner I think is appropriate, okay, because let's face it, all you care about is this transactional relationship where if we have a dragon, you need it. So I'm exactly, I know that I have a dragon, and therefore you need me, so I will speak truth to power. Then Verneera grabs her by her like face, oh yeah, and is like, look, kind of examines her insolence, runs in your blood yeah, and walks away.
Speaker 2: Because she's like She's like you know, yeah, She's like, this is your dad's blood. Bro. She's like, you're just let your dad. I gotta say so. I think something really interesting here we've been talking about is Venera having a pr problem. Is she bad at diplomacy? Is she bad at you know all this kind of stuff. The answer to all of that is yes, right. But a lot of the conversation I've seen online, like read it places like that, people are like, oh, she's not even really cruel, you know, And for a long time I did agree with that, but I kind of liked it because I was like, oh, it's one of those retellings, right, they're telling us like she's not even cruel, like that was a retelling in the histories because she was a woman.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I but that thing is I actually think it's different. I actually what I think the show's doing is they're showing all the different ways she is cruel and it's actually all these different cruelties, these disrespects, these ways that she does not respect those who serve her, who have supported her, That those cruelties are her fucking undoing, like every single time. And it actually is so crazy because we will see later on that she has this moment that could be a searing, heroic moment that I think could have changed the tides for her, but because of a cruelty she paid to somebody else.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not going to pay off.
Speaker 2: And it's so interesting. I think how cruelty is in these fucking interactions. She's so dumb, like just fucking be a legitimate human being, renevera But I know that's the whole point, right, Tulgarians aren't humans that aliens.
Speaker 3: They don't know how to treat other people.
Speaker 1: The Valarian men arrived from Driftmark to Kings Landing, where they meet Alan at the at the doorway, and they know that Corlis is a prisoner, and so their expectation is We're going on a mission to rescue Corla's but Alan is like, no, no, no, you're here to basically secure in the city. You know, the city Watch, remember, has basically disbanded, and so you're here to just kind of be on guard duty, be the police. They're not happy about this. They're like, well, our lord, this, that and the other. Yeah, said okay. Alan then kind of like you know, pulls rank and is like, listen, you wonder who I am. Oh, I'm Alan, not yet Valarian, but at one point probably okay. And Corlis has expressed his desire that I inherit Driftmark. Therefore I am his heir. Therefore I am your boss maybe soon. So you're gonna do what a funk I say, okay, because I'm like the lord of the Tides in waiting, and that appears to work, and I have to say, Rosie, I have to say, yeah, maybe it's a little unfair to Alan, but I get the sense that Alan is not exactly rushing to rescue Corliss and he like I think he likes it a little bit. I think he likes it a little bit.
Speaker 2: I do expect that that will be some disappointment in the pro Allan camp this week with his behaviors, but I actually think as somebody who grew up with a dad who was not around and also didn't have anything, I can also understand. I actually think it's a really interesting journey he goes on this episode because he is about to make the same mistakes everyone else does. What he's essentially trusting Raniera right to do the right thing after he helps her, and it is kind of really bleak to watch him take these steps and abandon this man who did abandon him.
Speaker 3: So I get it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, no, you can definitely tell Alan's making some moves here for his and Baylor's future for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. In Tumbleton, preparations for the battle are continuing. We'll foremaned talking about the High Tower Army says to Darren, all of this is for you, King Darman, and he points out that he now has said you know, it's like, well, you're already we've already minted coins with you as a king, but like we kind of skipped a step we have tonight you and so just be aware of that, like in terms of you know, processes, you need to be knighted. Meanwhile, outside the army is you know, basically getting all the small folk to like come into the city and shelter in place.
Speaker 2: And it's clear evil alments plans are so evil.
Speaker 3: This bitch is so niacal.
Speaker 1: It's very clear that a big part of his plan is get a lot of the civilians killed by gathering them in the city, like just around gates and stuff. Darren is knighted as Gwyn looks on and he gets his little night nickname is Cyberqut. During the daring as Silver War, as silver Wing looks on the gathering armies, Olf can entertain some of the small folk that you know, this kind of like improvised tavern of his. He says that Damon is not going to use his dragon against the town because Vernier won't let him. So he's giving out like important military intelligence here. But that's fine. He's complaining about, you know, he's basically talking about Damon being like.
Speaker 3: A shortab. He is being so brave at that time, and.
Speaker 1: He is drunk already and continuing it she's so drink back and rend in kings Landing, the Queen's handmaiden, brings news that Helena is not eating and the Masters are starting to become worried. So Rania or is a full escort to go to the Great scept you know, on top of this news, because today she's going to go there, she's going to get anointed when.
Speaker 3: Or it's not going to happen for you, babe, But it's.
Speaker 2: Doesn't does It's not good it looks because also you can't just go there and take the crowd that's there for egg On and say this is my crowd, like calm down, babe, Like.
Speaker 3: That's not a good vibe.
Speaker 2: You've got to go in with a sircy style plan, or you can't just go desperately though I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: The fit that she fucking gets off for this is.
Speaker 1: With the eye with the guy.
Speaker 2: It's this pointy eye makeup that makes her eyes look like a sup and she's and everyone's been talking about how incredible Emma Darcy's been doing Cyrax style kind of facial features in the movements of a dragon and becoming more dragon like. The craziest she goes and we really get that full transformation here, and it's so great.
Speaker 1: Missaria is chilling in a room when some guards enter and they bring in a bunch of big cases and luggage, and she's like what, And the handmaid is like, Hey, you've been fired.
Speaker 3: You're going to Pentos.
Speaker 1: You're going to pent Us with a healthy severance.
Speaker 3: And where's that money coming from?
Speaker 1: And that's why I believe that part of it is lie. I think they're dumb her on the fucking doc and your services here are at an end. We're gonna pack your shit up and just be ready to go. So Missari obviously is shocked about that.
Speaker 3: Can I just tell you, yeah, this is what I'm talking about. We're near the cool bitch.
Speaker 2: This girl was knee deep eating you out yesterday and now you ship her off. No, if I'm Raniera, I go to tell her this myself, and I say, I'm so worried about you.
Speaker 3: There's a huge war coming. I love you.
Speaker 2: Go to Pentos, live in luxury with your servants to can come and get you. She can't even do like the soft the breakup, Like she's so bad at this. She just fucking has her like chipped off and She's like, well, I don't need her now. Now I've got Damon and that's gonna come and bite her a bat in the ass so badly.
Speaker 1: Here's my here is my pushbacks, Like, okay, tell me, tell me, And I don't disagree that this must hurt her somehow. That said, from Raniera's perspective, who is she? What the fuck am I worried about? Like she's what is she gonna tell? What is she gonna give somebody? She's shown herself to have no ability to do the job that she's been tasked with, so other than her going off with an axe to grind, yeah, she's incompetent. So like what am I necessarily worried about? But to your point, like I would keep her. I wouldn't fire her obviously, Like you're.
Speaker 3: Out, but you've been alone prepared for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like keep her around doing I don't know, like put her in charge of the household night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is just let her be around, Like this bitch is a keep eying with you.
Speaker 3: She's gonna be bitter.
Speaker 2: She's gonna be out there talking about the Queta Boston's and you know, we immediately see how that bitterness impacts Ranera.
Speaker 1: That's why I think, and not to go all damon, but if you're gonna do this, just make her disappear.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Right, you're gonna do either all yeah, Like it can't be just let her loose anyway, you.
Speaker 2: Know, with your useless gods man can't keep her in a fucking call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Helena is out in the gods wood crying, and you know, the guards come and they're like, it's time to go back to your corns. She sees in the courtyard of a kind of pale horse like from her dreams, attached to a wagon. Turns out that this is the wagon that's gonna transport Massaria to the docks or wherever the fuck she's going. And Massaria comes out, sees Helena and as like and tells Helena, by the way, your husband is alive and his dragon once thought that is alive, and you and your unborn child now are absolutely tremendous danger because Raniera, you know, is quite threatening hostage. As you know you're a hostage now. Ranier is never gonna release you. Huge bomb to drop, which just goes to prove the point of what we said. You don't want her out there poisoning the well.
Speaker 2: She's gonna be doing now, is just poisoning the well, Helena talk, gabon, she's poisoning the well.
Speaker 3: And that is the truth, talking about Queena, the fucking boss talk.
Speaker 2: You know. The truth is, like the thing is, Missaria is not it's not about the morals.
Speaker 3: Like now, she's just gonna wanna hurt.
Speaker 1: She's just mad. She's mad, Yeah, she's madd right. So Amon is sleeping having a really weird dream recovering from the poison and Alice is at his bedside nursing him, sees him wake up, gives him another potion to drink. He realizes, oh my god, my mom poisoned me. Amon is like, uh, you know, why do you care about me? Why do you care if I'm alone with her? Why do you care whether I live or die? What's going on? He admits that he killed his brother, although he doesn't realize I'm gonna still alive, and he's feeling really depressed and sad for himself. Alice says then gives him the full Lord dump and this is fantastic.
Speaker 2: This is new, right, this is new okay yea.
Speaker 1: So Alice says that back in the day when egg On the conqueror you know, was conquering the Seven Kingdoms and Blarry and the Black jud burned Hairn Hall like three days after it had been newly constructed finally after many many years of construction, and burned all of hair and the Black's sons along with her and the Black inside the castle, supposedly ending his line.
Speaker 3: It didn't.
Speaker 1: One boy survived, but he was of course very very burnt up. And his mother, who we should presume I think if this story is true, to mean that Alice is Hairing the Black's Queen, who's never really never really mentioned in the interesting hair and the Black's Queen didn't want him to die like loved her son and would do anything to save him. So she summoned measters around the Seven Kingdom how would she be able to do this with the war going or whatever, you know, brought doctors, masters, anyone who could possibly heal him to this burnt castle, and was not able to do it. So she turned to quote older cures and uncovered like ancient Riverland magic, old ancient magic that could cure what had been done to him. But of course dragonfire is magic.
Speaker 3: So you so cure it with magic.
Speaker 1: Right, you can't cure it with magic?
Speaker 2: She fucking eight this butterlog up mad. She is like, so good, she's crying you. Oh.
Speaker 1: But of course magic has a cost. So the search itself for the cure had incurred a tremendous cost on Alice. And basically the bottom line is she was cursed to live on but she was bound to the boundaries of the river Kings of old, which I take to mean she can't leave heron Hall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and essentially like because of the societal structure or.
Speaker 1: Those areas around hero and Hall, because we've seen her outside. Okay, so like the basic the grounds of heron Hall, or maybe the river lands writ large, but whatever the case, the boundaries of the river king here in the black the river King's kingdom. So whatever those boundaries are, they may not exactly line up with the river lands.
Speaker 2: And it's super bleak because of the structure of society.
Speaker 3: She just has to be like a maid because that's the only way people will ever perceive her.
Speaker 2: Right, So she was like extremely bleak, kind of common cook mad seven because she contville who she truly is, because she's one hundred plus years old.
Speaker 1: Right, so she was she had to remain here, and she's been serving the lords and ladies of heron Hall ever since. So this would make her over one hundred years old and certainly alone, living like this for one hundred years, which tells you a lot about her loneliness and why she's reaching out all the time to some man or whoever to save her and protect her and keep her company. And Aimond is like, wow, you know, I love this lady. So a little bit about Hair in the Black. So Heiring the Black is from the Iron Islands, the Iron Island raiders who had raided up and down the coastline and all around the Seven Kingdoms had over the years in the centuries, carved out significant holdings in the riverlands, and the strongest and the last of these kings was Heir in the Black, who had conquered, you know, huge swaths of the riverlands and was like a despot, was really hated, was very cruel, but like the river lords had to of him and by kind of exploiting in a kind of colonial fashion, his river kingdoms, the petty kingdoms, that under his command he was able to take all their resources and build this heron Hall. Uh and then of course died when Eggon burned it around him. So this is a crazy, crazy reveal, huge reveal.
Speaker 2: Well, this also is huge because if the future, from what I understand right, is that at some point Alice will claim that she has a child that.
Speaker 3: Is an Amen's child.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, And so that means now that that kid would be both Haron and I mean not technically, I mean like her future kid with Aim and it adds like an extra idea to them being.
Speaker 3: At that seat.
Speaker 1: Sure, I think you could write if if I think you can make a argument if Amen does indeed decide to go with the Alice plan, yes, that this is like I'm marrying my line to like hair in the black line, like a king, you know, So like, yeah, there's I think there's I think there's something there.
Speaker 2: But this is pureitanical idea of like as I feel like the story hypothetically.
Speaker 1: We will see later in this episode if he does indeed fingers term or ship, we'll see Queen Ranier goes Helena's chambers is like you gotta fucking eat. Now, you have to do it, or I'm going to force you to do it. Helena's refers to her unborn child as he which makes Raniera's eyebrows go up. Ranier's like, is it a sun You know this? You dreamed about this? You know above that by the way, I wouldn't. I'm not gonna harm you, okay, and you know me, like, how dare you think that? But Helena knows, like what's really going on? She says that in what must be a really cutting line for Rania, says that our father would hate you for this, meaning her imprisonment, forced feeding, torture, and the eventual probably murder of her baby. Raniera's like, are you fucking joking, bitch? Like I'm trying to honor his philosophy. And if I was Helena, I'd be like, okay, what's his philosophy? In one sentence?
Speaker 3: What is the long line? Babe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Helena starts talking about in what seems to be like a.
Speaker 3: Like a like a topic machine. Do you think she's doing a Helena divergence?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: So she's like good.
Speaker 1: So She's like, you know, there's this very specific beetle that comes out in the summer. It it feeds on dumb and it's very beautiful blue and gold and purple, looks like a turtle. It's very very beautiful. Have you ever noticed it? And Raniera is like, bitch, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Like, well, are you going on about.
Speaker 1: My Helene is like, you can only find it in King's Landing. You know, it sustains itself itself on the waist of other creatures. You have to it's very very beautiful. And Rena's like, okay, yeah, yeah, well I look for it. I'll look for it, you know when it comes out. And Helene is like, you don't care about what I'm saying, do you? You don't care about anything I have to say. You don't care about real beauty. You're only pretending to care. And then she says all the things that you care about are ugly. This place is ugly. You are ugly. Sarnia then is like, oh yeah, I'll tell you it's ugly.
Speaker 4: Excuse and then forced to sort to eat and it's it's horrific, and.
Speaker 2: And also like I just want to say, there's so much great foreshadowing of the way they.
Speaker 3: Shoot the room in the window.
Speaker 2: It's just like so, you know, it's so so.
Speaker 1: Adam comes to see Alan and he's like, what are you up to?
Speaker 3: The fuck is going on.
Speaker 1: Alan is like, well, I'm guarding the queen. What do you mean. Adam warns Alan that listen an egg on his back and that news is, you know, like unhinged the queen and she's taking on a Baya Bayla is grounded now and she's the queen's looking crazy, like are you you need to pay attention to this? Are you aware of it? And I was like, yeah, but I'm it's not my place to question the queen.
Speaker 3: She is the queen, okay.
Speaker 1: Adam basically says, like, you're prioritizing your proximity to the queen and not caring that their father, Lord Corlis, is a prisoner. And by the way, I think Adam basically says that this is because you're gonna get his stuff when.
Speaker 2: He dies in his place, and Alan's like, he doesn't deny it.
Speaker 1: And right after this, Rania, with full guard and compliment of soldiers, marches to the Great sept Larian soldiers every side and Prince Joffrey until let's take your break and we'll be right back and we're back.
Speaker 2: Who Prince Jeffrey honestly like, let that kid go back to his tog areat iPad or whatever he's up to, like give the like you just woke this kid up from a nap.
Speaker 3: He is very chick, dragged.
Speaker 2: Into this little fucking nightmass situation by his stupid ass mom with his brown, bloody hash he hasn't dyed his hair yet off the learning that, like, come the fuck on, babe.
Speaker 1: He is extremely checked out. We go to Tumbleton. Defenser, I guess looking good. GWayne and Darren go up to the wall. They look out. There's a massive army out there. It looks, you know, from their perspective, this looks like it's gonna be a blood bath. Ormond then orders little kids up to the wall, gets watered little five year olds. They're like, okay, go take your positions. Bold John Roxton comes up and gives Ormond the news that hey, Olf is missed and so that's bad. Ormond is like, okay, search high and low everywhere in the city. Find that motherfucker. Darren is like Roxen and Ormond have some kind of master plan, which it should be obvious what it is by now. They have no idea what it is. GWayne notices how frustrated Ormond looks and realizes that whatever the plan is. It must be going wrong somehow, and Darren says, well, look, I'm gonna have to get on my dragon and fly against the enemy and I'm not looking forward to it. And GWayne is like, just go just maybe there's something else you could do. Maybe there's like another way we can have to kill yourself. Let's think about this. Meanwhile, Damon and Kraxi's appear over the battle over the city. Ormond is running around frantically, Where's elf? Where's Wayne goes to see Corlis in jail and it's clear that whatever GWayne was talking about with Darren, this is his plan. So he goes to Corliss and says hey, and Corlis is nursing his cutoff finger. He says, hey, I don't know if you know what's happening, but it looks like there's gonna massacre that's going to shape up today, and I think if you listen to what I have to say, you'll agree that maybe we can save a lot of lives today. Meanwhile, Missaria is following the Queen's column to a great stept and she wants to get a front row seat of what's going on. As the Queen is riding, she sees some more anti queen graffiti that is, you know, she's a bastard, her kids are bastards, et cetera.
Speaker 3: And with his brown hat, his.
Speaker 1: Brown hair, and it's in this moment that she decides, you know what, this is important information and now is the time to tell my heir, Prince Strawfrey about the Eggon Prophecy Damon meets with Oscar Tully and Lord Dustin outside the walls of Tumbleton and gets the news that a high tower lord is coming out under a banner of truce and appears to want to talk to us. It's Sir GWayne. Gwayn comes with Corlis. Gwayn is like, hey, I understand it looks bad, and I understand that you guys are gonna wipe the floor with us, But you got to understand that Ormond doesn't care. Ormond is on a suicide mission. It's just going to be wanton death and destructions. It's needless, it's pointless. We don't have to do this, so it is a token of good faith. I am returning to you the King's hand Corals Valarion, take mercy on the people of Tumbleton, and take mercy on us, and don't just wipe the floor with us. I have come on behalf of Darren Turgarian king. He doesn't say king, Nope to basically sue for peace. And the pitch is this Darren gets kind of wild.
Speaker 3: He pitched this a tool. This is like, my guy, just don't pitch.
Speaker 2: Just pitch, like just staying alive, just like crazy, Just just pitch.
Speaker 3: Don't mutter us please.
Speaker 1: And he's like, listen, here it is Darren takes old Town and like the Reach or whatever, we talk about it. You know, we can negotiate that, and the queen takes everything else, so we divide up the realm. Corliss is like, you know, Corlis is like, listen, it is true that there are just many, many people in the country who don't think a woman can rule. And you know, it's it's impossible to not notice that the great houses, with the exception of the North, really who've sent the winter Wolves, have yet to pick a side there. Everybody's nervous. They're just waiting to see who's gonna come out on top. So I don't know, maybe there's something to the plane, figure something out, says give you know, name Prince Darren lord paramount of the Reach, he'll never be a king. Okay, it's smart a plan, and that's like, well we didn't agree to that.
Speaker 3: Shut up, I'd be shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, maybe that'll calm things down. Yeah. Gwyene is like, well, Corlos is like, shut up, shut up, shut up. He continues, He's like, when Darren Terina and then with the combined power of the Reach, the North of Riverlands and the veil Raniera, can you know, bring the West.
Speaker 3: And the Stormlins.
Speaker 1: I think it's good. And Corlis, we need to listen to Corlos. Damon realizes that GWayne and Corlis they don't yet realize that egg on his back having been uh you know, rejuvenate, rejuvenated, resurrected alongside his trick. Damon accuses Corlis of essentially being a coward who's been bought off by Darren and a couple of you know, warm meals. Corlis says, listen, what I just want peace? Like you don want to listen to me? Don't listen to me, demon said. Damon says, what do you want? Peace? Are dead high towers? And Damon of course wants to dead high tower. So Damon tells Damon says, listen, Corlis is my prisoner. Gawayne go back inside and we're gonna kill you soon. Meanwhile, Amon isn't heron hall, feeling like, uh, there's a dragon approaching. He's thinking it's vague Arnor, but no, it's sunfire sunfire lands and Eggon steps off, and Aimon is like, holy.
Speaker 3: Shit, dropping he's real. In this first moment.
Speaker 1: I think he doesn't know. Yah know, to your point, I think he's so he's seen so many weird things in this castle that in that moment he's like is this real? Is it an illusion? I don't know what this is?
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: He soon comes to realize it is very real, because Egon slaps him in the face and says, you know, oh I should kill you. Yep, I should have sunfire burn you alive, you kin slayer.
Speaker 2: Usurper, and he says like some crazy bleak shit dude.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'm gonna appeal your skin off. Was it buds? Like he's really trying to rile it. But Amon's just like, I'm so happy I didn't kill my brother. I'm sappy.
Speaker 1: Aimon admits that you know, I did covet what you had, and I did try to kill you, and you'd be well within your rights to kill me. And and Egon is a little disappointed that he's not trying to defend himself.
Speaker 3: More and fight him.
Speaker 1: And yeah, as Alice looks on, Eggon says, get up, you fucking dumb bitch. You have no idea what's going on out there. Okay, we're going to Tumbleton. Amon is like, hey, I wanted you to meet my fiance Alice. Egon says, listen, here's what's going on outside. King Darren trying to usurp the crown, you know, because Aimon tried to kill you.
Speaker 3: Know, Nara said I'm dead and you're killing Nera.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, all this stuff, so shut up. I don't want to hear about whoever this lady is. Let's rally the fucking realm. Kill Nia and then after that maybe I'll pardon you. Okay, yeah, from all your crimes, but get up and be useful for one.
Speaker 2: Look, I gotta say, look, I'm not defending him. I'm gonna an apologize.
Speaker 3: It's a great moment for it. It's fucking sick.
Speaker 2: I love this, love this last couple of episodes for Eggar. It's so good, like I love this crazy comeback. I love this moment. I also think like there's something very contemporary and real and relatable if I was trapped with a sexy hundred year old which probably the only person who could break me out of it would be my sister slapping me in the face and being like.
Speaker 3: What the fuck is up?
Speaker 2: Like, come out of this dumb ass, fucking tower. And I feel like this is inevitably leading to a reveal that Vegar is somewhere in Haron halland has kind of been kept from Amon or something.
Speaker 3: That's how it feels to me.
Speaker 1: So Damon, Oscar Tully, and Sir Roderick have their war meeting. Damon will take to the air with Garaxis clear the walls often Silver Wing will provide air cover. Question Mark and the van of the Army, which will be the Winter Walls, will make the assault. Damon orders his commanders to take care to preserve life as much as possible, because the realm is watching quote the Queen's moral standing must remain absolute. And I gotta say I was proud of Damon for this. I didn't think he would I thought he would just be like, listen, the Queen wants us to be merciful, but like, yeah, I'll do what you gotta do. But I saw I was surprised, I.
Speaker 3: Know, I was like, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Black Alice says that sounds boring, and then news arrives that Ormond has placed children on the walls, so there's a change of plan. Now Damon is like, okay, Lord Roderick, you are to attack the walls, breach them, and open the gates from the inside. And important note, you have come south on a mission to die for the Queen. You cannot die until the gates are open. And he's like, okay.
Speaker 3: Sounds good.
Speaker 2: Also I want to say, I want to say, uh vy, a big moment of growth here for Damon that he's like, okay, just go in and they.
Speaker 3: Kill the adults. He's like just trying to make us look bad. Like I feel like that's huge for him.
Speaker 2: Before he would have been like, killed those kids, that fucking ads, like I don't give a shit. A big moment for him. Then it leads to also one of my favorite scenes in the whole show.
Speaker 1: So Ranier arrives at the Great Sept with all of her soldiers and the High Sept that is like, I bring armed men in here. You can't do this. And Queen Raniero's like, you're gonna fucking annoint me today, motherfucker, and you have no choice and uh or else. And he's like, but I but you've heard the news, like the anointed king, King Eggon is back, he's been resurrected. There can be no clear sign that the gods favor him, and I just can't do it. Sorry, And you understand, I mean, like I fully understand his position. He's exact, but but you know, we all know.
Speaker 3: What I do. A little fake.
Speaker 2: I just like your fingers across because the Eggon's gonna come back, like sprinkle some olive oil, exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well the Septon knows that this is where this is heading. And he's like, by the way, if you strike me down, you will declare a holy war on the faith and open up Pandora's box to release untold horrors. Vernier turns to Alan is like.
Speaker 3: Listen, she gives him the damon pep talk.
Speaker 1: You're the blood of Ovalaria.
Speaker 3: Minky, I screamed. I was like, oh my god, she's talking.
Speaker 2: All She's like, Alan, you're the blood of old Valeria, blood of Valerie relevant. She says, this is just a building of empty bones and stone, like they don't give me a ship about it.
Speaker 1: That was damon. You're the blood of o Valeria as a as a descendant of the valerianline. Valarion, you know, one of the you know, we've the Tarnians. Valarian has been homies since since Valeria Old Valario. Okay, so we've we've come down together. You got the blood of sort of the dragon in your veins, you yeah, he was never dragging this case. So in this case, so do what you gonna do, you know what I mean. Alan steps up and kills the high septum, then goes sick, I know, then goes outside and makes a speech for a while. GMO is I gotta say, looking a little.
Speaker 3: Bit, he's definitely like ship.
Speaker 2: This did not go as plaid like this is uh, we got a wild card here with this Alan situation.
Speaker 1: So she starts by noted that she is Visaras named Air, which is absolutely true, and she's.
Speaker 2: Got a sick fit on, and she's got the dragons and grass fit.
Speaker 1: Like and she says, like listen, even before I was just anointed okay, with the correct oils and the correct procedure, with the correct finger motions, all that shit. Even before I was named air by visaras my father, the anointed king of the Realm, my raid was prophesied.
Speaker 3: Uh oh.
Speaker 1: I have come to rule just as my ancestors did because of an ancient danger coming from the far North that only I can defeat. Only Turgarian can fix it. That means me the high Towers can't fulfill this prophecy. No one can't. It is me if your world is to survive. And by the way, everybody's out here just like taking a lunch break and they're hearing the shit I'm.
Speaker 2: Telling you, Like, I love this moment so much because what I love is like the way it is shot is they show you how like Raniera feels like she is saying it, and you believe it and you know it's true because we've seen the show and she looks so incredible and so powerful, and then you get that immediate cut to like Massaria and you're like, oh no, this is not going over well. You're like, it's Vaniera's main character moment in her head, but it's nothing for the people.
Speaker 1: So she says like, if your world is to survive, it's got to be me. I will let the way and only I can do it. In high Valerian, Rner then names herself the prince that was promised prophecy.
Speaker 3: I did love that moment so much.
Speaker 2: Oh right, yeah, sorry, is like, look at I'm gonna take this bitch now, and I'm gonna say she's Quita Bost.
Speaker 1: That's in the tumbleton. The winter Wolves are getting in position, they go up, the battle begins. No one can find it oflf. Meanwhile, as this battle is popping off, oh Steale, this rman learns that Darren behind his back, has open negotiations with Prince Damon and discovers the Sea Snake Lord Corliss not.
Speaker 2: In jail, and I think you start to realize that it's a fool, like a pause.
Speaker 1: It's falling apart, it's going sideways. Meanwhile, Damon gets the news that his people also cannot find ulf White, and Damon starts to get a pretty bad feeling. Hugh and Verma Thor show up, and Damon is confused because they're supposed to be a king's landing. So this stuff is just a mess. Damon and Karaxies are burning the walls. They burn the gate open. A couple of little kids who refuse to get out of the way. What were they thinking?
Speaker 3: I don't know what did they think? Like that that Damon wouldn't fun.
Speaker 1: They just froze.
Speaker 3: I guess maybe they were just scared to see it. Dragon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, when everybody runs.
Speaker 3: Away, run away with runaway guys.
Speaker 1: Just a couple of kids got burned. And now the city gates are fucking open, and and his Damon's forces are beginning to breach the city. We find Olf. He's passed out drunk and stills talking. He pants down on the shitter. Ormond is gagging at the scent of the feces and the vomit and whatever. Ormond then beats his ass in the dirt and is like, you fucking stupid motherfucker, get up, get.
Speaker 3: On your drag now now, you bitch.
Speaker 1: Damon is fighting through the streets. He turns he sees Hugh the Hammer looking for his wife and family. He's like, that's weird.
Speaker 2: That shouldn't be Also didn't kill him immediately again, big worf for Damon.
Speaker 1: GWayne meanwhile, begs Daryn to just get out of here, Fly out of here. Don't beat you so many people. Yeah, we don't need another death. Just then, Ulf takes the air, turns his cloak, and begins burning the Queen's army outside the walls. This clearly is Ormond's secret plan.
Speaker 2: Also, I do have to say, hilarious GWayne moment where you do get I like GWayne and I like his pacifism.
Speaker 3: But they also did put a really funny moment here.
Speaker 2: Why you can He's like, oh wait, maybe we'll win, and it's like, for fuck's sake, like come on, like stick with the morality, babe.
Speaker 1: Lord Dustin finds Ormond and they fight on the wall. Dustin gets his arm cut off, but he still kills Ormond by stabbing him through the butthole with his sword.
Speaker 3: That's a good fucking from the North.
Speaker 2: I love this moment historically correct if you were ever into horrible.
Speaker 1: Histories books, which I was, Jesus correct.
Speaker 2: In medieval times they love to kill like a into high lord by like stabbing a hot poker up the butt, so this is cininically correct.
Speaker 1: Love draw quartering up until the early modern period is really yeah.
Speaker 3: They were loving a little drawing quarterly So that was great. And then this.
Speaker 2: Moment came Jason, which I'm so excited to talk to you about because I need to know if this is canon to the books.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Oflf comes and burns the wall of the town and ends up burning an Ormond and Roderic with it. So Olf is right now just like burn everything?
Speaker 2: Yes, eriterally comes over and he says fuck you too, and then he burns down, he burns Ormond.
Speaker 3: I love this class war Oflf moment.
Speaker 2: This is the one I just want to say, Look, this is why Jace did not want this man to.
Speaker 3: Have a dragon. And look he was right. Sorry Jace was a posh brat, but he strategically. But do I love to see this as a small folk person. Yes, I thought this was great turn in the books. Is this known that Off did it? Or is it because I know yeah, yeah, book we know he times.
Speaker 2: His cloak, but does he also tie his cloak on Tumbleton to like was it always a double?
Speaker 3: That is?
Speaker 1: No, that's not really that's what Yeah, they did. Off defects to the Green's mid battle.
Speaker 3: But here we kind of heath side.
Speaker 1: Yeah he does kind of. Well, the thing is like in Tumbleton. Tumbleton is the site of two battles. There are two. In the first battle, the Green Forces take the town. Lord Ormond high Tower is killed and defects mid battle, turning Cloak. Then there's a second battle interesting in which the Riverman, host led by Adam valeriy Un, launches a surprise attack to retake the town. So and Damon is president neither battle. So what I think they're doing is combining. They've combined these battles. I don't think there'll be a second Battle of Tumbleton that so, yeah, Alpha's burning everything. Corlis brings Damon the news that Ulphas turned his club. It's time to leave me.
Speaker 3: To say something. You know, Corlis, they're not paying you enough. Whatever they're paying you for that loyalty, it's not enough.
Speaker 2: Because Damon just turned his face up at your fucking peace offering. He choked out GWayne to the point where I thought he was actually gonna kill him.
Speaker 3: Like, and carlis.
Speaker 2: I understand that this is the smart move for carlis saving the Crown Prince, but like, Damon is fucked up in this moment, Like they're really doing some horrors of warship and Damon is going through it, and this is feels like the first time he's ever seen the actual consequences of his own actions, Like he usually sees himself as the hero, but he sees these burned women, burned kids, like and Corlis fucking picks him up out of that hysterical thing and saved and you know, those kids bad to be getting fucking Legitimi is now Ornia and there's gonna be a problem o.
Speaker 1: So they're like, let's let's get out of here. Meanwhile, Caraxies has flown up in the air to kind of chase Silvering off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Helena is finishing up her chapestry back in King's landing and then she jumps sadly, as foreshadowed, from the very same window that you know, historically historically King tom And will later jump from. In Game of Thrones, we see that meanwhile, Gawayne has survived the battle. He's in very, very bad shape. Bull John Roxton has also survived. He finds Lord Dormand's burned skeleton. Hugh the Hammer goes into the city and also finds that his wife is dead. Yeah. Back at the Red Keep, Raniera gets the bad news that Helena jumped from the window. Allison, meanwhile, is walking in the woods somewhere like out in the river lands, coming back from hair and Hall, and she sees all these beautiful blue butterflies fly up into the into the air, the caterpillars that Helena had had earlier talked about, and this is clearly a sign.
Speaker 3: That that.
Speaker 1: Helena has has passed some kind of magical sign. Reniera looks at Helena's tapestry and is pretty horrific stuff. It shows Helena herself falling from the tower and Reaniera is sitting on the throne, surrounded by blood and fire, and you kind of get the quick she looks up in her her face is kind of unreadable, but I kind of interpreted that.
Speaker 3: At least I'm on the throne.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm on the throne, right, Yeah, let's they could quick break and talk about this episode in the series and we're back. Oh my god, what a what a finisher to the season. It's like, goes too quick. I can't believe we're done. I do feel like I believe we're now waiting for season four, which is going to be I mean, Gangbusters. This season has been Walt wallt Wall stuff. But what was your main takeaway from the season, and the finally.
Speaker 2: I think for me it was like secretly kind of the tragedy of Helena. I actually think they told so well, and I think that there was this really heartbreaking moment in the way they chose to tell the story where first you see the tapestry streaming out the window and Raniera sees it, and then you see Alice in the woods and the Alison and the butterflies begin to fly, and I think, for one moment, like a tiny bit of hope was like, well, maybe Helena climbed down the tapestry and she will get to live with Alison and raise chickens.
Speaker 3: You know, and then you get to see that she died.
Speaker 2: And I think so much much of this story is about like Helena is Allison is Rania is all these women when they were young who are trapped in these horrific situations, and it is just like so heartbreaking to see that happen again, and to someone who was probably one of the only like pure hearted people we've seen on the show, you know, like a legitimately good person.
Speaker 3: But Jason, let me ask you a question about Helena.
Speaker 2: Did she secretly deliver the baby before she jumped out the window.
Speaker 3: Does the baby exist? Did she do this too so that she would and her baby would die together?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What do you what does this mean for that?
Speaker 1: I think that I think that she did this to spare the baby, which she thought would be a ignoble and potentially horrific death. Yeah, first as a hostage and prisoner, and then and then in.
Speaker 3: Some also and escape them.
Speaker 2: It's been trapped into right where she's also you know this this prisoner. Yeah, the moment with the butterflies was so beautiful.
Speaker 3: I thought that was just unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Jason, you were obviously very familiar at this point with the series, with the source material, with the finale. Was there anything on prepping for this episode that struck you differently, Like that kind of hit a little bit harder, or was an unexpected moment that kind of took your breath away?
Speaker 1: I mean, I've always been kind of ready for vernier us turn, but and to be fair to her, it is a kind of like rational response to it hyper violent world. But it was still very sad to see how it was, how far she's come from, you know, her ideals. She was kind of a little naive but will like genuinely wanted to do good, and now she's like murdering the Septin and the sept or ordering someone to do it. And it's also I think, you know, seeing the effect that her power has on others, the way Missaria completely debased herself to just try and be close to her, the way that Alan is like is like it has turned into this like ambitious guy who you know, Ivy loves Corliss and respects well, respects Corliss, and but also it is kind of like, I think is more drawn to Corliss's power and position than Corliss himself and probably is thinking, well, I didn't even know this.
Speaker 2: Guy exactly what she's honestly fad like he doesn't.
Speaker 1: So it's that has been and the relationship between Adam and Alan and Bayla too, that kind of triangle is something so intriguing. I've really enjoyed that because the way they all bring different things out of each other, and the way that Beyla, you know, Bayla finally kind of seeing Ranierra for who she is and saying, you know, all you care about is what people can do for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was so exactly.
Speaker 1: It was so cutting and then and then Adam just kind of being like yeah, because he has a crush on Bayla, and then confronting Alan about, you know, his own ambitions, his own ambitions, and the way it certainly seems like he's kind of maybe eager for Corlis to exit the stage. All of that I think has been like wonderful. I have very juicy stuff for this show.
Speaker 2: I actually think something that I kind of didn't realize till this episode that they've been able to do is the democratization of the Dragons, and the dragons being such a huge pot of everyone's planning, it does allow a little more kind of grounding where people can speak back to Damon and Verania. You know, we get those fun moments in the small Council where there are these kind of balances between what they have to accept from people who aren't Targarian, and those have been really fun to see. And I think that Baylor getting to kind of have that moment. I mean, I can't lie. If there's one thread I'm most excited to see next season, it's whatever happens with Reiner and Baylor. I just feel like there's so much juicy shit there and I'm very interested in this potential valarian kind of targarian.
Speaker 3: Drift mark space.
Speaker 2: For like a younger generation who maybe a sicker fucking ranera. But Corlis can be that bridge between them because he's clearly now going to be back to being her hand. I mean, there's he saved Damon's life. There's no way he doesn't get rewarded.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The other thing that I am absolutely like intrigued and fascinating by is the Alice revealed.
Speaker 3: The real Let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: If you believe if she if you believe she's telling the truth, right, she certainly could be lying.
Speaker 2: I believe it because okay, I'll picture my, my my if she's lying. This is my read. I think if she's lying, it's not like an intentional lie. She is like a swamp thing esque, like she has made.
Speaker 3: Off the memories of Haron Hall.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think she's intentionally trying to mislead him, But I will say, is it like the perfect story to the amen. It's like the ultimate Mummy issue story for the ultimate Mummy issues.
Speaker 1: Boy, That's why, that's why you have to leave the door open in my opinion to it possibly being a lie.
Speaker 3: But if it's true.
Speaker 1: But if it's true, it's pretty fucking crazy that Alice's Lord Herring and Queen who is not super mentioned in the books, you don't, which is the perfect thing about her way to introduce I had that because they don't have to contradict anything, right, that just expanding, And I just love the way it opens the door to this kind of underdeveloped green magic that exists in this world the Woods, which is the Green Seeries. You know, we know stuff about how that works, and we've seen it, but there's always this feeling and you get it, certainly from Alice talking about how it is that again, if she's telling the truth, she's like one hundred and twenty years old or whatever, and still here you get this sense that there is this kind of vast, ancient, unknowable magic that exists in this world and that is just below the surface. I love, I least love that what that little speech of Alice's suggests about the story going forward.
Speaker 3: And the reveal, Yeah, I really love that.
Speaker 2: And also I think you're right because when I'm thinking about what House of the Dragon does so well and what this era of Game of Fernes does so well, think about Night of the Seven Kingdoms, right, such a different show, but it fills within the same world. House of the Dragons such a like chamber drama. Now it's become this huge battle it's your big blockbuster fights dragons, you know, flying in the sky, blazing each other. Wouldn't it be fantastic if we got kind of like a witchy mystery magic show that really focused on the children of the Forest, that really focused on the Green, that really focused on the rivulains, that was kind of a different tonal show, but still within that world. Like, I would love to see that explored more. And I think that's what this show does really well, is it seeds these kind of wider world building moments that make you just want to spend more time in the world.
Speaker 3: And that's a really special feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's I absolutely love that. Who is your MVP of the season?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, if I'm talking about like true, true MVP, I actually think I don't think this is even like a hot take, but I think Oscar Tully is.
Speaker 3: A legit true MVP.
Speaker 2: Like he was consistent, he had bad bars, he had the you know, I promised that I'd build I promised I'd build a step out of my enemy's bones.
Speaker 3: I don't have enough bones. Yet He's always there.
Speaker 2: He got them to where they needed to be, even against Cole and ultimately.
Speaker 3: Played a big part in the death of Ormond, who I hate.
Speaker 2: So I think he's like an underrecognized big hitter. But I think that when it came to actually getting plans that got done and not getting derailed, I think he's up there. I would also want to give a shout out to the GMO, because I think he did keep it going nice.
Speaker 1: Uh that is mine. I'm gonna go to the g I think the GMO has been solid, solid, solid all season. He has been very helpful to multiple people. He was kind of like hedging his bets a little bit with the way he was helping, but understood at the right moment to be like, hey, I can't do this anymore. Is giving Reniera honestly is doing Massaria's job like it should be Massoria delivering the news about the very erected egg on Targerian, but it was GMO. And so I just think that GMO it has been her most consistent and loyal advisor. And then I you know what, like, I'll go. My runner up I think is Damon. I say delivering Delivering Damon has made We talked about it. He made a couple of really great speeches, well maybe three, two to Raniera and one to the city Watch on the City Watch were on the verge of quitting, and they gave another one in the City Watch when the city Watched were quitting. That would have worked any other day. That wasn't gonna work when everybody guts were on the ground. And then she steals his lines to get Alan to kill the high and it worked. So I mean, the guy's the guy's legend.
Speaker 3: He's a leegend. And the hair has been stylin every episode.
Speaker 2: I saw a really funny tweet that was like half of the budget just went on giving him multiple different hairstyles and it was worth it.
Speaker 3: And I agree.
Speaker 2: I mean, Matt Smith, if that motherfucker is not getting nominated for an Emmy this year, that's a scandal.
Speaker 1: Who is your least valuable player?
Speaker 3: I got terrible dudes. Uh oh, it's Verdero. Bro Like she's so bad at this. Jason like, I'm sorry, I feel bad.
Speaker 2: I love her so much and I wish that she was better prepared for this, but I fear that she will forever be the twelve year old girl who mad that people don't want her to be queen. And I just think that every choice she's, every chance she has, she's making a bad option. I honestly think she would have been just better having Allison as her mistress of whispers, and at least they're honest with each other, you know, to a point, I just feel like she is not good. I did feel like she was making a solid comeback at the end there. I thought the speech was quite powerful. Again though I love the optics of the speech, but the reality is, is that a really a good smart thing? Where something that's been a secret for your family for like hundreds of years you just reveal to a bunch of people on their lunch break.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's good planning.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I think Riniera needs a better team around her, and she has proven.
Speaker 3: That she is not the MVP by herself.
Speaker 2: I do think she is the least valuable player, but she's on the throne right now.
Speaker 1: It's pretty it's pretty brutal. I am going to I mean, obviously we talked.
Speaker 3: A lot about we know your feelings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, but I'm not gonna he's gonna go. Yeah, I'm not gonna go back there. Gosh, who else can I I would say, let's add Lord Manderly, Master of Coin to the Oh my god, because useless, just because like really, it took you that long to realize that you're the fucking scapegoat.
Speaker 3: And like, come on, my guy.
Speaker 1: I just think that guy is a dim wed.
Speaker 2: He's a dim and he didn't make no money for us, like he did something illegal.
Speaker 3: I don't want you. The tax is your best idea? Shut up? Go What about.
Speaker 2: Fucking Jason landis that go have sex with a pirate or whatever?
Speaker 3: Guest some money?
Speaker 1: Go get go out there and get money, charm sometime, prostitutes or something.
Speaker 2: Somebody you do run a like little finger fucking protection scam, whatever it is, Just go fucking do it. They just sit there compleated. Also, Jason, how excited are you for the lady from the Towers to go and try and reclaim Haron Hall from Crazy Alice and Amon because that ship would be hilarious.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's up with people. It could be it could be fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Jason Amen's going with egg on right, Like, that's definitely yeah. So Alice is gonna be feeling Do you think Alice and Amond have already had sex?
Speaker 3: And is she already pregnant with the son? Question mark.
Speaker 1: I think that they have had sex, but not to completion.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've seen and what we've seen, Yeah.
Speaker 1: From what we've seen, and I think that I think he's going to spurn her, and I think that she will have her revenge somehow good.
Speaker 3: I would love to see it.
Speaker 1: And who knows what happens to her? You know, she just kind of fades out of history. So I want to know what happens serv and shit, I can't wait for season four.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know I'm very upset.
Speaker 2: I gotta ask for my final question because obviously I did not get love lesbo action this weekend, sadly, but we did get to see our beautiful big eyes one more time. What do we think is happening with Alison? She's lost to Lene and now Amen's lost to Alice. Do we ever see her again? Tumbleton is lost? What happens does she try and make does she become the evil stepmother she was in the books? Now?
Speaker 3: Is that as season four arc what happens.
Speaker 1: I am convinced that, well, you know, in practice, like all of the books are some form of propaganda foreign against various figures, you know, Green fla faction, black faction.
Speaker 2: And we saw how much that played into reimagining Allison and Ranera in this which was to me the strongest part of the show.
Speaker 1: And so I honestly Allison could be my MVP this season. I think she was fantastic. She delivered the city to Rnia, just like she she said you would. She moved heaven and earth to try and save Haley in his life. Ultimately was not able to do it, got into heron hall and did make poison her son.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which she na miss Ranera, she would do.
Speaker 1: It didn't come off, but she did succeed in delivering the poison and escaped alive and and now isn't know and now is maybe can escape to like some sort of freedom like.
Speaker 2: I hope so so I imagine if it's never. I was impressed by her me too. And I just think Olivia Cook is such a dream in this role. I She's so good at being scared, Like when Aimond kissed her, that was just an instant meme because you're immediately just like, oh my god, she's horrified.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I I would love to see Ranera reunited, but I don't think it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I mean, we could just never see her again.
Speaker 2: I would hate that, but I would kind of love it for the character, you know, if she did get some kind of freedom. Helena kind of wanted for her in my dreams. But yeah, what an unbelievable finale. I'm very sad that it's over. I want, I want, I want? When does when's the next Game of Thrones show?
Speaker 3: Jason? When can we watch Night of the Seven Pek again?
Speaker 1: X year? On next week's episodes of X ray Vision, we're diving into the finale of X Me NAT in season two. That's it for this episode. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Bye, Everything's coming to it and everything again.
Speaker 1: X ray Vision is hosted by Jason Sept and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcast.
Speaker 2: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Abusa part.
Speaker 2: Our producers are Common Laurent, Dean Johnson, and Bay Wax.
Speaker 1: A theme song is by Brian Vasquez. With alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 2: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Any Goodman, and Heidi Our disc called Moderator. H m hmm