Speaker 1: If you are now angel what I call her yee.
Speaker 2: All right, it's way up, but the Angela Yee. Happy Wednesday. We halfway there. My girl Taela is here. Every day. I feel like it's gonna be like a chill day, and then we end up being out all night for long every single day. I don't know how this keeps on happening. Then you know what we do. We try to go home and watch this monster series on the Menindas Brothers and it just doesn't seem to work out. I'll be probable sleep all right. Well, it's also a Wealth Wednesday, so happy Wealth Wednesday to everybody. So we do have a special guest joining us today. We have tel Ganashian joining us. He is an investor, but he also has a lot of great tips. He actually came to this country and has managed to build himself up by flipping businesses. So it's a really interesting way that he handles things. But let's start the show with some love and with some positivity. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty colours up and let us know who you want to shine a light on. It's way up.
Speaker 3: I'm sha.
Speaker 4: Turn your lights on y'all spreading love to those who are doing greatness.
Speaker 2: Shine the light on, Shine the light on.
Speaker 4: It's time to shine a.
Speaker 2: Light on them, all right? His way up, I'm here, My girl Tella is here and Tella eight two. Do you want to shine a light on today? I want to.
Speaker 5: Shine the light on my brother Go from the Gold music mogul, one of the most solid people I know. I just love him. He's been in my corner for years. And guess what, he just had twins. I twin, his first kids ever came out.
Speaker 6: That's not a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shine out some soul.
Speaker 5: My niece and nephew. I can't wait to watch them so I can be like, sit.
Speaker 2: Down, Okay, relax. They were gonna laugh at you that little get on this all right? Well, who do you guys? Who want expensive? Left you and shine light on? Hey, Sierra, how are you doing? Who you want to shine a light on?
Speaker 7: Great?
Speaker 8: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 7: I'd like to shine a light today on my daughter Janina. Today's sixth birthday.
Speaker 2: Okay, six years? Oh that's dope. What are you doing to celebrate?
Speaker 8: I'm going to take her to the Unicorn exhibit in Philly and I'm going to figure out the eat and get her nails and see them.
Speaker 7: We're just going to have a girl's day.
Speaker 2: That was nice you in a corner exhibit. That is too cute.
Speaker 7: That is yes, yes, that's my baby. She turned sixth today.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, well, thank you so much for calling it. Happy birthday to.
Speaker 7: Her, Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: All right, take care you too. All right, well that would shine a light eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty. Just in case you couldn't get through. We are still taking your calls and we can play them in last word, and when we come back, we have your yea te And let's talk about Kayla Nicole and her viral interview with Angel Reese and what she has to say in retrospect. It's way up, they.
Speaker 1: Say, is in the rooms.
Speaker 4: From industry shade to all of gossip out send angelas feeling that yeat.
Speaker 2: It's way up with Angela. Yeah, I'm here, my girl Tella is here, all right, and let's talk about some yeat things. Let's talk about Kayla Nicole first. Now, she was on Angel Reese's podcast and she had a conversation with her about dressing up as her I guess a guy she was dating his new girlfriend for Halloween. It turns out the person she was talking about was Tiana Taylor. Wow, and Tianna Taylor was like, just leave me alone. Basically, she's staying at the mix. Why is my name being brought up in it? And then she got a lot of backlash after those comments. I saw Cameron and Mace had some things to say about it. People on social media. Well, she said that she got a lot of criticism, but she ignored it all. The only thing is that her mother was offended by the social media commentary. That's a real thing. When things happen online, people attack you. You can ignore it, but people who love you really have an issue with it. She was on I am athlete and here's what else she had to say.
Speaker 9: There is a part of me that cares about harm influencing people and what they think of me and what they have to say of me. So looking back on my decisions, even recently sitting down and doing a podcast, I felt like there were moments where I articulated myself in a really good way. There were moments where if I could go back, I would maybe change the way that I said things because it didn't fully embody my character or my heart. But that's something that I'm learning right as athletes, y'all have mastered that because you've done that your whole life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not an easy thing. And I do want to say I said a lot of people acting like Kayla Nicole was nobody before she dated Travis Kelce because she's Travis Kelsey's ex girlfriend, and then he started dating Taylor Swift, right, But she was definitely a broadcaster. She has a degree in journalism, she's a model, she has her own athletic weear line, so it's not like she wasn't doing anything. I don't like when people are like, well, she was nobody, she just dated somebody. Even before that, she was doing things right.
Speaker 5: But she also probably shouldn't have antagged and asked the situation with the costl on either, right.
Speaker 2: I think that she went on there and she wanted to tell her truth. It's a funny story. It went viral, right, and maybe she didn't anticipate because I don't think it was her trying to attack Tiana Taylor necessarily. It was just something crazy that she did, Like why did I dress up like this for Halloween? You know how we all do stuff. Sometimes we don't talk about it, and she just did and people had such an issue about it.
Speaker 5: So you know, well, I mean, you know, it's just some things you do, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Yeah, I mean we all know how difficult that can be. All right, now, let's talk about the Menandaz brothers because there is going to be a press conference in LA today. They're doing this I think at one pm, and there's a hearing set for November twenty ninth because the Los Angeles County Jessica Attorney is going to be examining some new evidence. So the Menanda's brothers, you know, this has been the number one show and documentary that's been on Netflix, so.
Speaker 5: We need to finish that.
Speaker 2: We need to finish. And the Menanda's brothers. Previous appeals did not work out in their favor, but they are holding a resentencing hearing due to new evidence. So according to the DA's office, they received a photo copy of a letter that was allegedly sent by one of the brothers to another family member discussing sexual molestation by their father. They also submitted another piece of evidence that may be linked to the claim that their father had sexually molested them and so this would have changed, they said, the outcome of the case. Potentially, that's a crazy situation. Je man, listen. So if this resenting sing does happen, they could either walk out based on what the court decides. They could also be given a shorter sentence because they've been in there for over three decades, or they could have a new trial, which I'm sure they would rather not do. I'm sure they'd rather just be able to walk out and say all right, time served because people are saying they should get time served for this, but you know, they went to jail for murdering their parents. And if you haven't watched it, you need to make sure you're paying attention to it because it is an amazing series and a really crazy story. All right, Well that is your yet, and when we come back, we have about last night. That's where we discussed what we had going on. Last night. We did try to watch this, but we had so much fun last night. You know what we did because we were outside.
Speaker 5: We was outside.
Speaker 2: Mana was supposed to be here today he is not. We'll talk about that as well. But we did go see amazing movie Smile too, and we'll give you some details, but no spoilers. It's way up.
Speaker 4: So about last night, Yes, I went down.
Speaker 2: It's way up at Angela. Ye, I'm here, my girl, Chella is here, Hella h hla. And let's talk about what we did last night, because we did have a good time, Yes we did. So we went to go see Smile too. And horror movies. I talk about it all the time. I love a good horror movie. Smile. The first one was amazing, I want to say. Also, the first one costs seventeen million to make and made over two hundred million dollars in the box office, so it was what they call a surprise hit because people didn't realize it was going to do that. Well, so now it's going to be a whole franchise. And the director was saying, this is not going to be stopping at a part too, There'll be more. And by the ending, Yeah, you can tell, you can tell it'll be more. That's all will say. But you haven't even seen the first one. You don't love horror movies. What do you think, Tella?
Speaker 5: It was good, it was interesting, it was scary at first, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: She was like sitting Yeah, she had her her hand covered her face.
Speaker 5: It was scary. It was like you keep you know, I ain't used to that. I ain't big on scary movies, but it was decent. I had a time, uh you know who.
Speaker 2: And I was talking to you while I was watching the movie, because you know, before I go and see something like this, I want to see everything that's going on. And Jack Nicholson's son is in this movie, Ray Nicholson, and they also have him on the poster and he looks just like Jack Nicholson. So I want to say, but it's a nice feel because what I enjoyed about it was is also taking place with a pop singer. Yes, it was good.
Speaker 7: She was a good actress.
Speaker 2: Yeah she I mean, when I tell you she she did it, I want to say she killed it. But literally it's a horror movie. But Naomi Scott, she did such an amazing job in that. And so yes, I just want to encourage everybody. This movie actually comes out on Friday and thrilling, and there were some people in the theater who hadn't seen the first one. You didn't need to see the first one to see this one, because it all get to explain to you, So in case you're concerned about that, you're like, well, I see the first one. You have time to watch it, but you also have time to go do that. And then we went home and we tried to finish watching Monster the Menanda's brother Story and fellas we did well. We stopped with Maine on first oh, and we went to go see Mano. That's what I was gonna say. Mayno is not here today, but he does have a show that's out, the first episode on in the Black Network, which you can download to watch. Shout out to James Debos. That's his network. He used to be a Fox Soul and now he started his own network, and so new Mana was out. We went to Chelsea House and celebrated with Mano, and that's probably why he's not answering the phone, because he's probably still asleep. He was celebrating his new show. But congratulations to him. It's extremely funny. Way Up with Angela Ye is definitely in the first episode, as it should be, so make sure you guys download that now when we come back. I know he's going to be upset. He's missing this. Tell us a Secret eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty is a number. You know what the deal is. You get to remain anonymous and there is no judgment on our behalf, all right, So call us up any little secret that you might want to tell us. It could be something that happened over the weekend. It could be something that happened forty years ago when you were a kid. We want to hear about it, and we're not going to judge you again. It's eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty. Tell us a secret. It's way up with Angela Yee. This is a judgment free zone.
Speaker 7: Tell us a secret.
Speaker 2: It's way up at Angela Yee. I'm here, My girl Tella is here. I'm making some of my coffee uplifts people in studio right now because I need to wake up after last night. That is my secret, and it's so good. It's so good. You can order it on Amazon, by the way. But you know what time and it is, It's time for you guys to call us up and let us know something that you may have done in the past, something that maybe you're currently doing that no one else knows about. Do you think we all have things that no one knows that you've literally never told anybody. I know, I do a suttle things.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: That's the only way that no one's ever gonna find out is if you don't tell anybody, which is what I realized watching the Menanda's brother story. Once you tell one person, they were really talking to their therapists and recording the sessions. And then he done told one person, and next thing you know, you're in jail.
Speaker 5: All especially if you've got a sister, you tell her.
Speaker 2: But however, if you committed a crime, please don't call us for that. But anything else, we're cool with it, all right. Eight hundred TU ninety two fifty one fifty Hey Anaimus color tell us a secret?
Speaker 8: So per my my boyfriend and I would we engaged, and you know how it's like.
Speaker 3: It's like he does he only like cleaned himself. So but I got annoyed with it, you know, so after a while I was just like, you know what, I'm gonna hit up my egg.
Speaker 8: So I hit up my egg and he pulled up on me in the tesla.
Speaker 2: And okay, tesla, tesla, and what happened?
Speaker 8: And he.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, roomy tesla in the front. Okay, uh, and then and so that's all he did, y'all didn't have sex. He just did that to just help you get off.
Speaker 8: Yes, he definitely made me come back.
Speaker 3: To what I was missing.
Speaker 2: So what are you gonna do now?
Speaker 8: I don't know. That's the thing.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, you gotta put yourself first, so he ain't take you to pound town.
Speaker 2: He just used this.
Speaker 8: No, but it was so good.
Speaker 2: It was like this came out. Well that girl, you know they're gonna deserve it soon. They have tesla's that can do that for you too. Yeah, and then you won't beat yourself up.
Speaker 5: It's his faut he should have on being in so hey, it is one of these.
Speaker 2: It's a no judgment zone here, baby. Did you go back in the house after that? Yes?
Speaker 6: I did, my girl, My.
Speaker 5: Girl, that's how you do it. Sis, You ain't wrong.
Speaker 3: And I was smiling at him while smiling.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, good for you. That's a warning for anybody if y'are not doing good, but your girl coming smiling, then she had her own back.
Speaker 5: Ain't not wrong with that?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for calling and sharing. Thank you. She actually feels better.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 7: I'm happy for her.
Speaker 2: Hey, not miss caling.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Do you want to tell me and tell it a secret?
Speaker 3: Yes, a woman had got pregnant with my baby and had the baby and didn't tell me anything.
Speaker 2: I'm just not finding out. Oh my gosh, where's the baby in Michigan? In Michigan? And how so you just now found out about it? Are you trying to be in this baby's life? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: I just I recently got married this march.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, you look a blood test?
Speaker 8: Not ship.
Speaker 3: I'm planning on I'm planning on doing that.
Speaker 5: Hopefully it ain't yours.
Speaker 2: So you haven't told your wife?
Speaker 3: She found out about it?
Speaker 2: What did she say? I mean this was before her, right?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, well what's she gonna do?
Speaker 1: She?
Speaker 2: I mean, you're already married? Is she like? You know, do the right?
Speaker 3: We're working it out, but it's hard, you know. I mean, I'm not a woman, but you know how that is?
Speaker 8: She felt like she found it out it.
Speaker 7: Like on Facebook?
Speaker 5: How old is the baby?
Speaker 8: The baby was born?
Speaker 2: Oh wow? Also that's a recent baby. So you did so? Did you cheat?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Cheating?
Speaker 2: Okay, well you.
Speaker 5: Know, just hopefully it ain't chrus but if it is, then you know, as long as you ain't doubling back and still cheating, then y'all can get through it. It could be worse, you know.
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am, you think it's yours. Like you've seen the baby, you know how you have your thoughts.
Speaker 3: It's similarities, they're like in the eye area.
Speaker 5: Well, that don't mean none, I know.
Speaker 2: I'm just you know, you got a feeling. Until he finds out, well, get that test done so you can handle it either way.
Speaker 3: Thank thank you both I and Teller.
Speaker 2: It could be worse.
Speaker 5: It could have been one of her friends or sisters or something, so you.
Speaker 2: Know, y'all would be all right. Could have been twins.
Speaker 7: She ain't going on will yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you for going. That's a tough one, yea is. But at least his wife also knows, that's yeah, that's the hardest part. She knows. She didn't leave all right. Well that was tell us the secret, and y'all definitely did eight hundred and two nine two fifty one fifty. If you couldn't get through, you can still leave a message and tell us a secret for last word, and when we come back, we have your yee tea. I know y'all are sick and tired of this, but there are some more Diddy allegations. Will tell you what they are. I know another one, but we got to keep up, all right, It's way up. Sure, she's about the.
Speaker 8: Lid off this spot.
Speaker 4: Let's get it, Oh, angelus feeling that yee tea, Come and get the tea.
Speaker 2: It's way up at Angela, Yee, I'm here, My girl Tella is here right all right, Well, let's get into some yee T Diddy. I told you we had to do some Diddy news just because there's no way we cannot do this. So, his lawyers are demanding that his latest sexual assault accuses reveal their identities. Y'all know there's already like one hundred and twenty people that are being represented by one lawyer out of Houston, Tony Busby. Well, according to his lawyers, they want to judge to order prosecutors to disclose the names of his alleged victims so that he can properly prepare his defense. I know, normally when it comes to sexual assault cases, people are able to stay Jane Doe and protect their identity, right, So I don't know if this is gonna work, but it does feel like he's throwing everything to see what sticks. Wow, All right, now did he is, as you know, behind bars waiting for his trial to start. That's in May of twenty twenty five. And there's another woman who's coming forward and she's not part of that Tony Busby yes circle. So he's been hit with another lawsuit. This woman says that he gain raped her as revenge after she insinuated he was involved in Tupac's death. This lawsuit was filed yesterday in federal court in California and it was seen by page six Ashley Parham. She said she was targeted after meeting a friend of his at a bar, and this was in February of twenty eighteen, and he said he knew Diddy and allegedly called him through FaceTime where she told him that she believed he had something to do with Tupac's death in nineteen ninety six. That's when allegedly he threatened her and said that she would pay for her comment. And then later on she alleges that Ditty's friend allegedly set her up to be the R word when he invited her to his house to help him administer cancer drugs because he was weak, and that's when Diddy showed up, she alleges, and told her she thought she would never see him in person. She said he then pressed a knife against her face and threatened to give her a Glasgow smile. That's where they cut the corners of your mouth up to your ears. Wow. According to this report, you know that didn't happen. But there was another woman, she says, that was present that stopped that from happening. But then according to this she alleges that he covered her body in a liquid substance that he took out of a fanny pack and then try to insert an IUD as contraception. And then she alleges that he did the R word with a TV remote control. And then also this is very explicit, and then also instructed two men to do the same before a fourth man joined in.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So this is all in this lawsuit, and you can read the whole thing. But you know that's another thing. It's a lot, all right. Well, that is your e t And when we come back, we have under the radar. These are the stories that are not necessarily in the headlines. They are flying under the radar. But you definitely need to know about them anyway, and we're getting ready for elections November fourth, too, so we're always trying to make sure you keep updated on that. All right, it's way up news.
Speaker 4: This in the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar.
Speaker 2: Yes way up at Angela. Ye, I'm here, my girl, Cella's here, big h All right, let's get into some under the radar stories. Yesterday in Georgia, they smashed their record on first day of early voting. You know, everybody is saying you should get out and vote early, and people were acting like it wasn't going to be a big thing. But just judging by what happened in Georgia, approximately three hundred and twenty thousand people went to the polls to vote early. And just to give y'all some perspective before that, the previous early voting first day record was in twenty twenty. That's when one hundred and thirty six thousand ballots were submitted, and so big difference there. Wow, Yeah, more than double the amount of people have gone out to vote early. And there's been a lot of controversial election law changes, but they want to make sure that people are able to get to the polls. They were offering people rides, they were making sure that people were registered. So anybody who thinks that people are feeling lethargic about this, we can tell by Georgia that's not the case. All right, All right, now, Kamala Harris in the meantime, has brought the view their highest ratings in three years with over two two point five million viewers. So congratulations to them for that. That was a good one. And you know she's also going to be doing Fox News and they're saying Joe Rogan at some point, so it'd be interesting to see all of that. All right, And lastly, let's talk about Disney. They have a new all access skip the line plan. But this plan is so expensive it can cost more than the actual ticket to get into the park coasts. Wow, I've still never been to Disney. We gotta go, and if I did go, I would want to get this skip the line thing, But do you know how much it's going to cost. They're saying that that pass will be priced per person per day, based on date and demand. It's called the Lightning Lane Premiere Pass. It was just formally announced today by Disney. It's being offered in extremely limited quantities. You have to purchase it, and only a few people can get it. They're saying that after taxes, it can range between one hundred and thirty seven dollars to four hundred and seventy eight dollars. Wow, and this is available starting October thirtieth, so it'll be he also priced based on the specific park that you're visiting, depending on you know where you're going, and so not every attraction though, has a faster line, which Disney calls a lightning lane, but they tend to be available for many of the more popular attractions, just to FYI. So some people are complaining like it's already expensive to go to Disney, but clearly this is just for like really rich.
Speaker 5: People or people who just don't want to wait and lie, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you still got to be rich to get I mean, come on, imagine paying almost five hundred dollars. And it's not just you, it's per person. So if you're bringing them kids, okay, all right, well that is that is your under the radar. It's for them and you know, we got the way yet mixed coming up. And it's also a wealth Wednesday, So we do have a special guest joining us for Wealth Wednesday. We have Tel Ganashian. He's a global serial entrepreneur. He's a philanthropist, he's a humanitarian. He has a book called The Pursuit, a manifesto from the American dream Guru. And we'll talk to him about how he has gotten on the path to where he is right now. He's also invested in an amazing club in Detroit. It's called Preve, and that's where we know him from. But he has a whole lot more going on. We'll talk to him about it. It's way up, just like.
Speaker 9: The Talk Like They Jean Like They and Jelie Jean.
Speaker 4: Man, she's spilling it all.
Speaker 1: This is yet way up.
Speaker 2: It's way yep. But Angela yee, I'm here, my girl Tella h is here and let's get it too some yeat. The BET Hip Hop Awards were yesterday, Yes it was. I didn't even know it was coming on yesterday because they always film it ahead of time and then it airs. But Kenjack Lamar ended up getting eight of the night's top awards, so congratulations to him. It was hosted by Fat Joe and it was actually in Vegas this year at dres But yet Kenjack was hip Hop Artist of the Year, Lyricists of the Year, Video Director of the Year alongside Dave Freeme and of course we knew. I mean, I think we all knew that this was Kendrick's year this year. And Nicki Minaj's won hip Hop Album of the Year for Friday too, and she has like the highest grossing tour for a female rapper ever. Sexy Read won the Breakthrough Artist Award, the Alchemist One Producer of the Year and all of the things. Okay, now let's talk about our guy life, Jennings Life. Jennings. I saw recently he went viral for something that he had posted on social media. He said, he's basically talking about how Tiny Desk did not want to let him perform because they didn't think he was a big enough celebrity. And he actually posted this like over a week ago, but I saw it was picking up some steam. He said he wasn't a big enough slipt for their show, And when we interviewed him last week on lip Service, he talked about that whole Tiny Desk thing, right, But when the episode dropped yesterday, I saw that life Jennings had posted this on his page.
Speaker 10: I just want to say real quick y'all that I did some podcast interviews that just came out today, and I just want to in advance that I didn't get outside A lot lot of stuff I saynt necessary politically correct, but you know it's definitely not my attention to I don't play anything or harm anybody by what theys I say.
Speaker 2: I just be running my mouth.
Speaker 6: Plus when some of them, I had a couple of drinks.
Speaker 10: But I just wanted just.
Speaker 7: To let y'all know all throughout that these.
Speaker 10: Podcasts may and may not reflect you know.
Speaker 2: Who I am. He sounded like me out the long night. I know he definitely was having some drinks, though, I do want to put that disclaimer out there, but I will say life Jenny's is like, I stand by it all all right now. Another thing that he talked about was he had gotten in a really bad car accident. This is when he went to jail for the second time. And the whole story is crazy and I've never heard him really talk about what happened. Yeah, but I guess he was going to see his children's mother baby mother, and things got a little heated. And he also probably had been drinking. Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 6: It was one of those situations that she felt like she didn't want to let me see him, and so I was happened to be drinking that night. Patron was like, Yo, you gotta go to town in the morning, man, go over there and get a glimpse of your youngins Man. So I knock on the door. Nobody answered the door, So then boom, I kicked the door in. I didn't even go in or nothing like that, and I just went back to the whip, jumping the whip. I leave and then next thing I know, the whole police force is behind me, and I'm just thinking like I'm not stopping for these moments, and then I just I just hit the gas. Like what happened is I wound up hitting the tree, split my car. Now the police is around me, and that's what happened.
Speaker 2: Man, okay, man, listen. I can't even imagine. You got to hear him tell the whole story though, of what happened during that police chase. But when I tell you life, Jennings is well. This whole interview was pretty amazing though, because he was for sure very transparent about everything that's happened to him. And it's like, as a matter of fact, that interview could have went off for way longer than it did. So, you know, shout out to Life Jennings for that amazing interview.
Speaker 5: And that's good he's survived because they're drinking and driving.
Speaker 2: Ain't no joke, listen, It's good that he didn't kill anyone else.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: At the same time, and in retrospect, I'm sure that he had to be like, I can see why she didn't want to let me see my kids because he said he was really going over there. He was in town. He wanted to see his kids, and she wasn't about to let him, right, and that's why. Yeah, and it definitely was patron all right. Well, shout out to Life Jennings again. He also talked about Tiny Desk in this interview because we discussed him posting that they told him he wasn't a big enough celebrity, and basically he said that their pr reached out to him and had a conversation. But he still is like, look, y'all said that stand on what it is that you said, and he ended up doing Unplugged, So you can watch that full lip Service interview and you can go and check out his unplugged since clearly I don't think tiny desk is going to happen for him at this point in time. All right, well that is your yet, and when we come back, it's time for you guys to ask any questions that you need some help with. We're here to give you some great advice. Yep, y'all know, Tella is a lot more sell the truth. Yeah, truth, tell it the truth. I'm a lot I would say nicer, and how I approach things, Tella is very blunt, straightforward in your face. I'm very like, well, let's think about this. You would have probably told life names go over there and get your kids. Get the kids, and I would have been like, well, now, wait a minute, let's just think about this.
Speaker 5: Well, I would have said, you know, just hold on a minute til you sober down, like and.
Speaker 2: Then go get them. Yeah, all right, eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty is a number. Call us up any question that you have asked. Yee is next, It's way up everybody.
Speaker 4: Since with its relationship for career advice Angel rob in facts.
Speaker 2: This is asking what's up? Is way you put Angela, yee, I'm here, my girl tell is here. That's right, and it's time for ask ye. Eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty is a number any question you have. We're here to help.
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 2: McFly?
Speaker 8: Hey, Angela, how you going?
Speaker 2: I'm good, MCFLI. It's me and Chella and we're ready for your question. Fly, McFly, make fly.
Speaker 8: My woman is like, uh, emotionally attached, like she don't know how to love, you know how to Uh, he's no words of reformation. So when I first met her, I would, you know, when we go out, I will buy our clothes. I will buy our flowers every week, you know, all the things I think ladies like. And she one day we got to do a disagreement. She told me, uh, that's not my love language, you know, And basically I was doing it for nothing. It's her love language with acts of service, basically, you know. So when I come over, I would clean up, help her with that, whatever the case. So after a while with me not getting no love, uh, you know, I'm outside. I'm ducking and you know, girls just burn with me or whatever the case may be. But I'm I'm dunking on. But after a while it's like I saw inner paining them. So then I got caught, you know, texting. I'm not ever text just texting, and she's tripping on it. But I'm trying to explain to her why I did it, you know what I mean? Or why I'm do you know what I was doing? Now she won't let it go, so I don't know if I should just.
Speaker 2: Let it go or how long has it been since you got caught texting or sexting? Really?
Speaker 8: About maybe three months? It's been about three months.
Speaker 7: How long y'all been messing around?
Speaker 8: Four years? And we planned a baby and everything. He had a baby, you know?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, so y'all got I got a question. If she's if she's never been affectionate and you've had these issues, what made you say this is the person you wanted to be with because I.
Speaker 8: Actually love her and care about it, like I have faith in her, you know, because I just feel as though she's never been loved or never loved. I'm not I can change that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's always tough, and we think we can change somebody because a lot of times people come us a certain way, and we think they're going to adapt to what it is that we want them to be, and that's it feels like not who she is. And as much as you're trying to get her to learn these things, it's probably how she was raised, how she grew up. I don't know what her past is, but a lot of times that comes from your own things, your own issues, your own background.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, I think you should entertain the other girls. I mean, you're not Mary, and you should miss out on love because she's not giving it.
Speaker 2: Well, he loves her and you think she loves you, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know she loves little stuff, but she don't really, you know, And it hurt my feelings when I'm like, I'm buying her all these clothes and flowers of Reigon. Do you look at me in my face and say I'm basically doing it for nothing?
Speaker 2: That was like, yeah, I think you misinterpreted that though what she was saying, and she told you that's not her love language. It was acts of service, right, So she just told you that so you wouldn't have to do that. I had to tell somebody that once, like stop buying me things because you know it just wasn't like it. Some sometimes that is not It is nice, and I understand why you're doing it because you're doing it out of the generosity and kindness of your heart. But that's not what it is that she wants me to communicate it that to you, but you interpreted it as she doesn't appreciate it. What she's telling you is that I need something else from you. Acts of service. Now when you did those acts of service, was that helpful?
Speaker 8: Because that's like you only do this, you don't do like I'm not doing everything, but I'm only doing something. But like if I'm doing something that you're asking me to do, my my my love language is basically physical, physical test, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I don't affection and she's not doing that. Yeah, and she ain't doing that, So you gotta you gotta put yourself first. Put yourself that always, you know, because.
Speaker 2: That's the truth. Like I get what he's saying.
Speaker 5: It's like, yo, I'm trying to grow and you just stuck in your way. So what he's supposed to do miss out on what he what his love language is.
Speaker 2: But your bess, no, But.
Speaker 8: I posted my son two weeks ago. My story somebody comments that, oh, he looks like it's sad. He's so cute, and right, I said, thank you, right, and she's right next to me, right up, and I said, I wish his daddy stopped playing. And let me say right, and you see this, and I'm like, see what I gotta deal with girls and throwing herself by me, And I got to like, I almost beg you to have sex, you know what I'm saying or whatever the case, Like.
Speaker 2: She's just I don't know, the thing is that you can't. The problem is that you went behind her back and do something. And now not only did y'all have issues, but she thinks you're cheating, right yep. So I think if you do want to entertain other people, you have to let her know that you can't just do it without having a conversation of this isn't working for me. And I've tried and I've done everything that I can. I've asked you what I need to do, and that's still not working. And so maybe this just isn't the right fit. But you got to tell her that before you just do things, Cause you guys do still have to communicate. You have a kid together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, y'all do.
Speaker 2: But you know, and sometimes and you're not around and things, you have to end things in order to come back together because maybe if you're not around, it'll help her come around to realize what she's missing out on. Because if you're there all the time and you're not gonna leave regardless, it's not going to change her habits. You know, so back right, and and you might not. And that's the risk that she'll have to take if you have to say, look, let's just separate for now. Maybe you need to work on yourself. Maybe things could get better. I want to be with you, but it doesn't seem but it's not working for me. And maybe you guys take a break and you may not come back. And that's a risk that she'll have to take if she's willing to take that. But it might be the only way that she'll change if she loses something. You know, they say you don't know what you got till it's gone, that's true.
Speaker 5: Or ask how can you get a concubine? Because then he being honest because he got to get what he needs. You know what I'm saying, you feel me.
Speaker 2: I don't know if she'll be with that and don't feel like it, but with nothing.
Speaker 7: So, hey, you did have.
Speaker 8: A little we did have a little little situation with my act, you know. Yeah, Oh and it got weird, you know what I mean? They were they were territorial something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll get her back on the side and have fungie. Just delete your messages, make sure you delete them in a left to y'all all the way.
Speaker 2: Be responsible, do the right thing. You still got a kid watching everything that's happening. You don't want that story think about later in life. You don't want her to be able to say your dad was cheating on me and sneaking around behind my back.
Speaker 5: Well, she shouldn't be telling the baby that know.
Speaker 2: When to get older. You know, you want to know what happened with your parents? Why did y'all break up?
Speaker 7: And he needs to tell her, Hey, mama won cracking.
Speaker 8: That's what it is. Mama wasn't cracking out cracking.
Speaker 2: Hey, Well, good luck to you, okay, good luck.
Speaker 8: To y'all, Thank y'all, Thank y'all.
Speaker 2: I'm so confused. All right, Well that was asking y eight hundred two ninety fifty one fifty. If you couldn't get through, you could leave a message will answer your question that way, and and it's also Wealth Wednesday. Coming up next, we have the author of the Pursuit a manifesto from the American dream Guru tell Gnation, global serial entrepreneur, philanthropists and humanitarian is going to be joining us talking about how he was able to acquire wealth and he really came here with nothing, all right, so we'll talk about it. And Jazzmin Brand is here for this one. All right. It's way up kind.
Speaker 1: Of dream of wealthy and I don't mind sharing my.
Speaker 4: Wealth dog getting you straight financially, mentally and physically. This is Wealth Wednesday on way up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 2: What's up? This way up for Angela Yee And it's a Wealth Wednesday. I'm here, Jazzmine Brand is here, Yes, I'm here. What a pleasure. And we have serial entrepreneur also movie producer, also author Gnation here with us.
Speaker 7: Glad to be here, Angela and Jacksman.
Speaker 2: Yes, listen. So much to talk about today because you're a serial entrepreneur like myself, but you've made way more money than I have. I'm not, but I want to talk about your journey because you've been living in the US for thirty five years. Yes, okay, So tell us where you're from and how you got here.
Speaker 7: Born in India, did my undergraduate over there, and then passion for cars brought me to Detroit.
Speaker 2: So what was your first business?
Speaker 7: The first business was an IT company.
Speaker 5: Did you have a significant amount of money, say when you started your first business?
Speaker 7: Not a whole lot. I mean, obviously I had four own k grown a little bit of cash, but not a whole lot. It's like it was not a bond millionaire, you know what I mean? So sort of stealing. I pulled from everywhere I could.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So then you started the IT company. Chrystler was your first client. And then what happened from there?
Speaker 7: So from there on, you know, it started rolling. So from there on, I bought another company, then another company. Then I started biting companies that are bigger than me, and then I started rolling them up. And then I used the economies of scale all on a sudden to get to where I am. So that's what I bought companies and then I rolled them up.
Speaker 2: Okay, what does roll them up?
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 7: It's no different than a real estate. So you go and buy companies flip I flip them basically, and how you flip them much like you buy rundown buildings, right and you throw some rehabit you know, in their mardifa here and there. The same thing happens in the business. Either the person is getting old, he's tired, losing money, doesn't know how to run the business, and the market conditions have changed. So you look at them and see what the value plays are for me, so I can add value. So then I look at them and sometimes you know, people have help, problems go through, do all kinds of things happen, and then you just wait for the right moment. So it's more like a strategic as well as an opportunity play.
Speaker 2: Can you give us an example of like how this works? But I just give us like a play back play, like okay, so but X company right, and so here's the structure and here's what I did in order to scale that company up to be able to sell it.
Speaker 7: So the way it works is that when you need money, the bank will not give you money, okay, And then what you try to do is it's almost same like real estate analogy. You create a cash flow from business number one, use the cash flow and some capital that you save and then go to business number two.
Speaker 2: So invest in your own money.
Speaker 7: Invest your own money, and then this show the success and the bank is okay. Now I'm ready to come back. And then it's almost like a split the risk forty fifty percent coming from the bank, thirty person your own money. And then you go to the seller once's out, ask him to do a seller financing, so you kind of split it and then you kind of cobble up. Okay, and then once you do one other guys want to sell. Wow, this guy bought this company, did well, he paid them back good. Then you repeat the same story, find another candidate, roll and roll and roll.
Speaker 2: All right. Tago Nation is here. He is an author of the Pursuit, a Manifesto from the American Dream Guru. He talks about his mission to reunite America and also save democracy. But he's also, of course a business person. We'll talk more to him when we come back. It's way up an answer, Ye, Happy Wealth Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I had a dream of living wealthy, and I don't mind sharing my wealth dog.
Speaker 4: Getting you straight financially, mentally and physically. This is wealth Wednesday on Way Up with Angela Yee what's up?
Speaker 2: His way up with Angela Yee and right now we are talking to a movie producer. Also, he invested in the club Preve. It's a nightclub in Detroit, but he had so many investments before that. Tell the nation is here with us now another business and this is why we know you.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: So one of the businesses that you have invested in is a nightclub. Yes, Prevey nightclub in Detroit. Well it's outside of Detroit, but it's Detroit. Yeah, yeah, okay, And so talk to us about investing in a nightclub and what made you decide that was a good idea?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I'll be working with my son on the music side. So through him I got into the music scene. And what's your son's name, Ashmanshin?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 7: And then then I got to know Prevail in the process, an amazing guy. And then through these two guys, I said, wow, you know my club is a networking place. So now I'm trying to cut into the entertainment space. I'm figuring out how that works. But now I found out it's all the same.
Speaker 2: Tell us about your quote secret formula for success.
Speaker 7: My secret farmila is happiness in my journey. What I have found when I'm happier, I'm more likely to be successful because as an entrepreneur it's a roller coaster, right. And the second thing I follow is curiosity. So everything that I see, I'm very curious about my surroundings. Why did they do that, how did they do that, what did they do? What were going on when they were doing this? So I keep on asking those kinds of questions. I always go to the first principle. I don't worry about what the society is saying what other people. I start with what I know.
Speaker 2: What's the first principle is starting what do you know?
Speaker 7: It's starting with everything at the basic level, because I don't want to be subject to a societal conditioning, like the trap that the society say, hey, you're an Indian guy, not do movie. You an Indian guy, you should not do music, and you're born middle class, you should not do entrepreneurship. So I'm not letting those rules. That is why I go back to the fundamentals of not discarding all of them and that right and then and then the other one is intensity. So I believe that businesses need to have the intensity. It's not like one day you're going to do it another day, you go to some Bahamas and.
Speaker 2: Sleep and come back.
Speaker 7: It ain't happening, right. And the last thing is action. That's what I believe. If I were to say one thing, action, action, action, it's much like a basketball player, right, you got to keep on shooting. Not all gonna land with them in the basket, but if you do more over time, it's going to do. And that's what I believe. So people always say why this guy is taking so much of action, because that's what I believe.
Speaker 2: But there's too so many people have ideas and they'll never act on those, I'll never execute and that's yeah, that's the worst execution is. I think one of the hardest things is one thing to come up with an idea and say I want to do this. I could do that. It's a whole another thing to actually do it, and you got to get in the game. How do you know when it's time to give up on a business, because I think that's hard too. Sometimes you put so much into something that you have these really high hopes of how it can work and it just doesn't. When do you realize it's time to let this go?
Speaker 7: I think what I have learned so far is that if it takes so much of energy over and over and again, I know that is the time to let it go. Because business, when it starts to click, it moves very effortlessly. And if you're not able to get to that level and you're always struggling, either you have people problems or partner problems in the company, or your financial problems and the market is not supporting. When you have all these forces coming at you, it's time to let it go, right, and let the ego go and then and then and the business go, and then you go onto something else. And if you're an experience I experienced entrepreneur, you would do that for your own mental health.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, TELLGA Nation, thank you so much for joining. We appreciate it, and you guys make sure y'all go out and support Thank you so much. Thank you so much. Tell Donation, Thank you Jazmine Brand for joining me as well for Wealth Wednesday, and you can watch that full interview on my YouTube channel. Way up with you and when we come back, of course, you guys have the last word.
Speaker 4: Up the phone, tapping to get your voice heard. What the word bitch is the last word on Way Up with Angela yee.
Speaker 2: Hey, Yes, it's Way Up with Angela.
Speaker 8: Yee.
Speaker 2: I'm here, My girl Tella is here.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Hey. We had a great show today and and I'm excited for this because you know, we went to go see Smile Too yesterday. It comes out on Friday. Yes, but we are going to have Naomi Scott on the show. And she stars in the movie, and she did a phenomenal jazz she did and it was your first time watching a horror movie, it was, and I'm really a fan. Now this is a perfect date thing to do. It is all right. Well, also, it's a Wealth Wednesday, so shout out to Teal Donation for joining us today. Make sure y'all watch that full interview on Way Up with You. He's got an amazing journey of how he came to this country, didn't have any money and managed to build wealth by first buying businesses and then making them successful and then selling them. And he's also an investor in movies and clubs, all of the things. So it's a great interview, and of course it's your show, so you have the last word.
Speaker 9: It's Jarvin.
Speaker 3: I'm just calling in. I just want to sign the light on my mother, Sheila Pierson. I'm not sure she can hear me out there, but I just want to sign a light on her, just how strong she is, how great of a mother she is, still out there doing her thing. I'm really proud of her, and I'm really happy for her. And that's why I go super hard, and because her and my grandmother in building me cooking and they taught me how to cook. So I just go real hard about that, and I love her and.
Speaker 8: I just want to see great things for her, and.
Speaker 3: I want to do great so I can give her great things.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Going way out with Angela Yee