Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Ketty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Gatti and He Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: A British inventor says his tricked out trash can that broke the Guinness World Record for the fastest WHEELI bin can now reach a speed of sixty six miles per hour.
Speaker 2: And it's convenient.
Speaker 3: Because if he hits so much as a pebble on the highway, they can just close the lid and he's.
Speaker 2: Ready for burial.
Speaker 1: Trash bin that goes sixty miles an hour set a record.
Speaker 2: There, you go.
Speaker 1: Different people have different hobbies. You decide, you know what I'm gonna do. Good for you. You're probably happier than me. You've found a goal in life. You've accomplished it. I've accomplished none of my goals.
Speaker 4: Do you figure you came to it through a passion for trash bins, passion for a speed, passion for wheelies?
Speaker 2: Did he say wheelie speaking.
Speaker 1: Of trash You know what? I realized the other day this is obvious, but it never occurred to me when I take out the trash which I now have my son doing at a a.
Speaker 2: Chore.
Speaker 1: But when I take out the trash, I think, God, it seems like, I mean, this is the way. It seems like I'm doing this every other day as opposed to once a week.
Speaker 2: That is trash day.
Speaker 1: But it never occurred to me before you take the trash out one day, bring it in the next day. That's two days out of seven. It's twice as often as I'm dealing with trash as I ever. I've always thought of trash day being why is one day out of the week seem like it's so often, But it's actually twice as much as I thought, So that maybe that explains it. As they gotta wheel it out, Are you wheel it out to the curb neighborhood or yeah, yeah, what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you gotta take it out there?
Speaker 1: And then three different trucks come by for some reason, somebody's getting paid.
Speaker 2: Any who.
Speaker 1: We have some breaking news kind of Attorney General Pam Bondi has announced that the lady that led the disruption of those church services Sunday morning in Minneapolis has been arrested. Good civil rights violation, So yeah, I agree. Good, So let's get it on, let's discuss that.
Speaker 4: We start letting people bully their way into church services to get publicity.
Speaker 2: They never end.
Speaker 4: Oh and the ugliness, and people will righteously and appropriately decide, no, we're not going to let that happen anymore.
Speaker 2: And then it's oh so ugly.
Speaker 1: And if they could arrest Don Lemon as a national disgrace of some sort, I know, is that a crime?
Speaker 4: But oh yeah, we actually have a heavily Don Lemon seasoned segment coming up at some point today in which we are going to try him and convict him of being a disease and bury him. In other words, never bring him up again, because there's part of me that Hay Stephen mentioned.
Speaker 1: Is his publicity. How disgusting, sick, no moral name. So I don't know if you know any of this about polling, but the New York Times Siena poll is a big deal. They spend tons of money on this. They only do it a couple of times years. They put out lots of polls, you know, weekly polls, like lots of news, but they do this really big one a couple of times a year and usually gets a lot of attention because people have the feeling that over years, it has proven to be methodically.
Speaker 2: Accurate. They make good effort there.
Speaker 1: So AnyWho, the headline being that few voters say trump second term has made the country better. I like to put this in larger context, like I said last hour, is that the same people felt the same way about Biden and now they feel that way about Trump. And in Europe they feel that way about their leaders and they keep going back and forth Party party. For whatever reason, Western civilization's just not happy with their governments, rightly or wrongly. But for all people, on the question of from a year ago, because yesterday was the one year anniversary of Trump being the president of the United States of America, is your is the country better off, about the same.
Speaker 2: Or worse off? Do you want to answer how you'd answer?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, I was waiting to hear your wisdom. I wasn't really thinking. Would you like to hear what other people think before you give your answer? Well, that makes me sound like a conformist. It's not exactly your vibe. The Mike lung a anger Jack here, so enjoy the fireworks. Oh boy, the answer is going to pick some knits. The answer is both.
Speaker 2: That's that's not an option in some regards and worse than others.
Speaker 1: So would you just tell spin on the poster and kick him in the shin and walk off, or just refused to participate or what They didn't really use a two hand shove right in the middle of the chest.
Speaker 2: They didn't give you that option.
Speaker 1: All right, You don't get to write a say it's either worse half better, offer about the same. If you're going to answer the question, that's a poll for dumb people. I want to I want to, Okay, Well, if I'm given those three choices, I I I would go better.
Speaker 4: Off because I fear ago today. I guess getting unquestionable.
Speaker 1: I think closing the border and getting rid of all that DEI stuff and h taking on a lot of the craziest stuff that came out of you know, that whole twenty twenty to twenty twenty three period was so huge for the country. I'd go better off versus I mean, uh, the tariff stuff nutty. Lots of things are nutty.
Speaker 2: Sure, YEA.
Speaker 4: One must take a moment to remind oneself that we were under the tutelage of a senile, just just an empty husk of a man who's never had any beliefs and whose brain wasn't functioning, and the country was actually being run by a cabal of you know, far left academic fruit nuts who thought the craziest crap. Yeah, not chaotic, but there have been There's a lot that's moving in the right direction.
Speaker 1: So anyway, here's what Americans think about. Half say worse off, almost exactly the number that voted for Kamala Harris. Forty nine percent say worse off. For better off, it's thirty two percent, about the same nineteen percent. I kind of feel like you about the same people are wishy washy.
Speaker 2: You're very judgmental.
Speaker 1: Uh, you break it down by Democrats, Republicans, and independence. I don't know if anybody need that. It's about exactly what you would think. Yeah, different number. Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling these different things, and he's upside down on all of them. He's up upside down his job as president. He's got a forty percent approval, fifty six percent disapprove. His disapproved has been climbing. He used to be a fair number of wishy washy in betweens. No matter what is approval rating was there's almost no in betweens now that's almost completely disappeared. It's fifty six disapproved, forty percent approved. But we've gone through several cycles of presidents with that.
Speaker 2: Border.
Speaker 1: This one ease on the right side of barely fifty percent approve forty.
Speaker 2: Six disapprove on the border.
Speaker 1: How do you possibly disapprove of what's been doing on the border. That's got to be people who are extrapolating that into the way ICE is handling things, and they feel like they've bought a part with that, because if you're just going with the border, you're not. If you think it's not better, well yeah, and you're right.
Speaker 4: On the other hand, you could word it that that's a measure of what enormous damage the overreach and the over zealousness has done to the administration.
Speaker 1: Standing I won't hit all these, just the ones I think are interesting Venezuela, because you often will say stuff like, well, it doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. If the people believe it, that's going to change the politics, and blah blah blah. It's and it's you know, it may be the perfect sample of a Trump baketh his own cake and then craps on it.
Speaker 2: Is that a Shakespeare or is that in the Bible?
Speaker 4: Shakespeare? Was that Paul Shakespeare quoting the Bible? It's a perfect example of the Trump experience.
Speaker 2: Did he right? Was that? In his letter to the Galatians?
Speaker 4: He briefly mentioned it bakes his cake and then craps Yes, yes he may have said unleavened bread, but it was the same things.
Speaker 2: Thou hast defecate. It might have been fancy your words, but it's the same.
Speaker 1: Venezuela, dost thou defecate on thine bread after baking it?
Speaker 2: Exquisitely?
Speaker 1: What's thine story? Why can't thine stop when thine is I? When thou ist a head? Righteth the prophet? Why dost thou step on one's own genitalia? Exactly exactly the question the the elogians are asking. Zuela's upside down fifty three forty one. I thought that was more popular than that, at least in this poll. It's not immigration in general, you know, I think.
Speaker 4: That probably relates jack to the anecdote I said described yesterday about a friend who deals with athletes, and one of the athletes is from Venezuela. And a couple of people on campus if apologized to her for what the United States did, and She's like.
Speaker 2: What what are you talking.
Speaker 1: About, guys, A brutal dictator. It's the best thing that's ever happened to us. So there are a hell of.
Speaker 4: A lot of people who are coming at it from the you know, their TikTok news feeds, and it was a monstrous.
Speaker 2: And horrible thing to do. You can't. I can't hate them for that. That's all they get.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, I'm almost what nicevie, You could run all these issues through the filter of if ninety eight percent of the media wasn't telling you one direction, what would your w be?
Speaker 4: Which is one of the reasons that I'm much more enthusiastic about outrich outr to people who never get the full picture, as opposed to just constantly be rating people who think differently than me. I would much rather be speaking of the apostle, Paul. I want to go into the territories and talk to the people and say, hey, have you ever considered this. I'll probably end up getting hanged up that side down and become a martyr, But you know what I'm saying, a lot of these people just never hear the other point of view.
Speaker 1: Maybe we can some of these other issues later, but I'll hit you with the two big ones that really got him elected. Well, the third immigration, he's upside down fifty eight to forty. That's got to be all the ice thing, but that's what he ran. And closing the border, and he got the border closed. The economy, though, that's what a lot of people were voting on, just flat out the price of groceries, rent, et cetera, hoping that it would be better with a new president. Upside down fifty eight to forty, I mean an eighteen point spread there. And on the cost of living it's sixty four to thirty four upside down negative.
Speaker 2: That's brutal. Yeah, that is it's hard to win with those numbers.
Speaker 1: And right, whether it's your fault or not, or rightly wrong or whatever, if people feel that way about the cost of living, you're in bad shape. But look, I like had a minor in economics decades ago, and I would have been delighted to tell the administration, look, here's your challenge. We can't get most prices to come down. It's just not going to happen. So they'll either remain high or even with inflation at a manageable level, they'll keep getting a little bit higher. We've got a message hard and help people understand what's happening so we don't get blamed.
Speaker 2: They're just terrible at that.
Speaker 1: And one more stupid one, the Epstein Files.
Speaker 2: The birthday cake gets crapped on again.
Speaker 1: The Epstein Files upside down by forty four sixty six to twenty two. And you know, we know from the text and emails we get follow on Twitter and everything out that that's a lot of Republicans too. There's a lot of Democrats that don't like the Epstein File situation, and a lot of Republicans that I know who think that the BONDI and Trump are hiding something or whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't. I'm not with that crowd.
Speaker 1: But maybe later we'll get into the Is Donald Trump one of the best presidents in US history? Worst presidence in U history? Blah blah blah. What a dumb question to ask in the middle of a term. When you're into a term gets clicks, it does? We got more on the way, Stay here, Armstrong.
Speaker 5: Five of the biggest alcohol makers in the world are sitting on what's described as a lake of unsold alcohol, twenty two billion dollars worth of inventory, according to the Financial Times, the result of people drinking less than they used to and to think there's still a week to go in dry January.
Speaker 4: A lake of unsold alcohol. Oh I'm buying a cabinet. Booze lake, tell you what boos lake? Oh yeah, I'll be there.
Speaker 1: Get you a canoe and you know what, you stand up on purpose? You want it to flip or justice to bring a Scooper with you.
Speaker 4: Mm, although it would probably be like an unholy mixed so like vodka and rum and scotch.
Speaker 1: And like did you like a Long Island ice stage? Did you ever watch that series on Netflix? Last Man on Earth? Everybody Died but Him?
Speaker 2: I watched a couple of episodes.
Speaker 1: It's kind of interesting. It's psychology of human nature. I mean, like, at first it was really funny. I was doing everything you'd want to do and everything in the world. Then it got really lonely and boring and on the unfulfilling very quickly. But in the first episode, he fills a kiddie pool with tequila and he's laying in and he's got a straw inside of his mouth. He just leans over and drinks while he's laying in the kiddie pool filled with tequila. So that's what Boosleg would be like. So are people really drinking that much less.
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I believe so, why.
Speaker 1: I guess is a question. Studies keep showing that people are drinking a lot. Let's what's the why is it?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 4: My gosh, I wish I knew. Yeah, that's part of it.
Speaker 2: The smoke dope. Thirty eight states allied to smoke dope legally, thank you. Yeah. I think if you were to look at the.
Speaker 1: Cohort of people who used to and don't anymore, or would have and don't, you're gonna find three or four different explanations.
Speaker 2: Katie, I don't know how how big of an impact this would have. But the weight loss drugs make you not want alcohol?
Speaker 1: Yes, interesting, Yeah, that's got to be one of the reasons. Yeah, I quit drinking twenty years ago. I think I probably by myself affected the statistics, So that's something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's generally concerned about health. That what Katie said, people are smoking more pot And then I came across a really persuasive essay by a brilliant writer. I wish I could remember who suggesting that young people are so afraid of being out of control. They're just they're so anxious and so lonely and isolated and online and everything, going out with their friends and hooton and hollering and having a couple of drinks.
Speaker 2: It's just not part of their lives. Wow.
Speaker 1: But sitting at home and smoking would be that. That's a safer our some terms. Yeah, yeah, interesting times change. Bill O'Reilly says he's stepping back for media appearances due to malady and didn't say what. He's seventy six years old, got some sort of health problem, So wish the West for best for Bill o'reiley. Always liked his well, mostly liked his act. The last time he was on our show he wouldn't let me talk, so we haven't had him on since. But in general over the years, like his act. Yeah, yeah, he's an interesting character. My language segment, oh boy, oh, is there other than dream interpretation?
Speaker 2: Maybe the phone? Well it's not completely phony.
Speaker 4: I guess somebody's sitting there leaning forward to their shoulders, hunched in there a red face with their jaws at You could probably assume they're pissed off. But oh, speaking of dream interpretation, did I actually tell you about the recurring dream I keep having?
Speaker 2: Uh? So weird?
Speaker 1: And this one, this is not one of those long rambling dreams. It's always same. I'm on the road. I'm traveling for a week for business, kind of your standard, low impact you know, in a hotel suite or whatever week.
Speaker 2: But I'm not going home after the week.
Speaker 1: I'm going to China for a week and a half to two weeks, and I'm dealing with the logistics of all, right, do I have enough clothes? Do I have the right clothes? Oh, my gosh, my passport? R I do have my passport because I'm going to be in China for two weeks. And it's always the same, dam You have a recurring dream about going to China and the minutia of the schlep, the logistics of it. Yeah, and it's always that I'm already traveling and then I'm going to China.
Speaker 2: That's the same plot. That's China.
Speaker 1: It's not a fun dream at all. You don't know why they're no orgasms.
Speaker 4: One dream, I actually was in China and was going into some store thinking all right, I need some clean underwear and maybe a bottle of Scotch to wind down with. And I'm looking around at all the Chinese you know words, and I'm thinking, what the hell?
Speaker 2: This is too stressful?
Speaker 1: We play interpreted mail bag at Armstrong and Giddy dot com.
Speaker 2: I think you're pregnant? We uh.
Speaker 1: We played this yesterday late in the show, The Treasury Secretary take going after Gavin Newsom for a variety of reasons.
Speaker 2: We had to play it again because it's pretty good Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 1: So this first thing we played yesterday, but a lot of you didn't hear it, and it's one of those things that even if you.
Speaker 2: Did hear it, you're gonna want to hear it again.
Speaker 1: The Secretary of the Treasury, which is usually held by somebody who's just dry as the Sahara.
Speaker 2: Desert and restrained and careful for good reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not somebody to want to hang out with at a party, right, But this Besson guy is interesting. He's the one at a dinner party last year threatened to efing punch a dude in the effing face in front of in front of thirty other people.
Speaker 4: I was trying to undermine him to the president. He's called him out, and I.
Speaker 1: Like to mention this every time he is openly gay, but never ever gets mentioned because he's not a Democrat, the first openly gay secretary of the Treasury. No. No, those things only count and are held up as very important, which it's not.
Speaker 2: If you're a Democrat. Correct.
Speaker 4: Compare the enthusiastic reportage on Scott Bessant and his orientation versus say, KJP, it's.
Speaker 1: Hilarious, back to you, ridiculous any who. Here's what he had to say about Gavin Newsom, who was scheduled to speak today at Davos and then it got canceled. More on that later, but here's the Treasury secretary.
Speaker 2: I think it's very very.
Speaker 7: Ironic that you Governor Newsom, who strikes me as Patrick Bateman meets Sparkle beach Ken, maybe the only Californian who knows less about economics than Kamala Harris. He's here this week with his billionaire sugar daddy, Alex Soros, and the Davos is a perfect place for a man who when everyone else is on lockdown, when he was having people arrested for going to church, he was having thousand dollars a night meals at the French laundry, and I'm sure the California people won't forget that.
Speaker 1: So why is he getting in Gavin Newsom's shorts Davos Well unfortunate metaphor. Newsom had been invited to speak yesterday at an event sponsored by USA House, which for the first time was recognized by the US government as a country's official headquarters at Davos, whatever the hell that means. But at the laicestish minute, an organizer told GAVI's office that we've decided not to include any US officials. We're going to focus on CEOs and business leaders. They canceled the governor of the California, fifth biggest economy in the world, who was there specifically, I said earlier in a week, and I think it would have been true the biggest speech perhaps of his life, of his running for president career thus far. Yes, he was going to bad mouth Trumpe in front of all the world leaders. They were going to cheer him like crazy. He was going to be huge for him. And Trump said, how about he doesn't. Oh no, no, no, that's incorrect.
Speaker 4: USA House said, we haven't uninvited Newsome or acted under any political imperative. It was an oversight or something. Gavy is not buying it. The Treasury secretary was not done here he goes.
Speaker 7: My message to Governor Newsom is the Trump administration is coming to California. We're going to crack down on waste, fraud, and abuse. And I was told he was asked to give a speech on his signature policies. But he's not speaking because what of his economic policies brought outward migration from California, a gigantic budget deficit, the largest homeless population in America, and the poor folks in the Palisades who had their homes burned down. He is here hob nobbing with the global elite while his California citizens are still homeless.
Speaker 2: Shame on him.
Speaker 7: He is too smug, too self absorbed, and too economically illiterate to know anything.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Speaker 4: Oof, maybe you should go and speak as a cautionary tale to others.
Speaker 2: So why are they taken.
Speaker 1: On Gavin like that? Though Trump's not going to run against Gavin in twenty eight.
Speaker 4: The Republicans are going to run against Gavin in twenty eight and they anticipated that Gavy boy would take to the rosst from there in Davos and just blast the crap out of Trump.
Speaker 2: So they wanted to get ahead of it, ahead of it.
Speaker 1: But then evidently, I don't know, somebody decided, yeah, besstt was hilarious and effective, and that was a great takedown. But let's just not let him speak at all. There we have Gavin explaining what he thinks happened.
Speaker 8: I was going to speak last night. It was a well established event at the USA House, simple conversation discussion after Trump's speech. They made sure that I didn't. They made sure it was canceled. And that's what's happened in United States of America. Freedom expression, freedom assembly, freedom of speech.
Speaker 2: It's American reverse.
Speaker 4: Freedom of a holes to speak in Switzerland. I mean, come on, obviously they didn't decap the guy. I mean, it's hilarious USA House saying what, No, we did not invite anybody.
Speaker 2: Of course you did, geed.
Speaker 1: There's no constitutional amendment for BUTTHELAS to speak in foreign soil.
Speaker 2: Read the First Amendment, you boughts.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Well, you know what he's he's been begging for a game of hardball at the highest level to elevate himself as the great crusader against the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: Now he's got it. I apologize that was not dignified commentary. So great commentary.
Speaker 1: This has been making the rounds on TikTok. I guess mocking Gavin for a stance he claim to have.
Speaker 2: Now one person ever in my office has ever used the word LATINX, Like, so, can we finally put that to bad? Yeah, but where did that even know? More LATINX everybody? Well, I just didn't even know where it came from. And like, what are people talking about? Impactful? This has been on the LATINX community.
Speaker 8: LATINX community politicians that are banning not assault rifles, but the word LATINX.
Speaker 6: Nothing I dislike more than the politician that sits there and lies to you and we all just sit there rolling our eyes.
Speaker 2: Go and give me a break. Wow.
Speaker 4: That was the Gavin Newsom biography in twenty eight secs.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's all you need to know.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that he used to use the term. I assumed that, but he not only used the term. Apparently at one point he lectured people who were trying to stop the term.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like his It stands on a boys competing girls sports. He doesn't even attempt to, oh, remain consistent or form arguments like a normal person. He just babbles out, you know, phrases, sounds aggrieved, and then, like nobody has any memory, he goes on to the next thing and says something completely different.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be nice.
Speaker 1: If that's a criticizable deficit at this point in our politics and history. But I think he understands where we are, just like Trump understands where we are and the way things work in the modern world. Nobody is ever going to hear any of that he used to say LATINX stuff unless you're already against him, just the way your algorithms work in the media flows. So you can say Trump was the first one to discover this, I think, But Gavinos, you can say anything you want to your crowd and they're never are going to hear the pushback on it.
Speaker 2: That's just out there.
Speaker 1: The better because the further out there it is, the stronger indication it is that I'm in your tribe. I mean, this gets what I said our one word. I'm getting so discouraged on when I hear a story, I think, wow, that's really troubling. But it might not be true, and it may be true, and I'm not going to take the time to figure it out.
Speaker 2: So I mean, that's just where we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gavin's nahole, but he's not a fool. And if you could, I don't know, treat him to a nice dinner at the French Laundry or something like that. It was early and oh, oh, oh my god, I thought it was like a seven o'clock reservation. I'm sorry, I retract the criticism anyway, if you were to get them to speak to you honestly, he'd say, oh, yeah, yeah, I deny him for these things when I'm talking to critical folks, moderate and conservative folks, but then I affirm that I'm for them when I'm talking to progressive people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly what I do.
Speaker 1: So we should get into the phrase catch of the day, decide whether or not we think that's out of.
Speaker 2: Bounds of the day.
Speaker 1: Good Lord, we'll explain what that means here after we tell you about rough Greens, which is a new sponsor to the Armstrong and get you shown if you got a doggie, you're really gonna like this. Rough Greens isn't a dog food. It's a live nutritional supplement you add to your dog's food. So you don't have to change your dog's food to improve your dog's health. You just add a scoop of rough Greens. It's super easy.
Speaker 4: What do you think of human food that can last forever on the shelf. We all know that's pretty suspect, right, Well, traditional dog food is shelf stable for years because it's lifeless. Rough Greens brings the nutrition back packed with live vitamins, minerals, probiotics, digestive enzymes.
Speaker 1: And omega oils. Rough Greens created by a naturopathic doctor. And again, you know, when you change your dog's food it can be kind of a big deal. You don't have to change your dog's food, keep doing it, Just add the rough Greens. Just add rough Greens. Rough Greens is offering a free jump Start trial bag. Just cover the shipping. Use discount code Armstrong to clean your free Jumpstart Trial bag at roughgreens dot com.
Speaker 2: That's roughgreens dot com. The promo code is Armstrong.
Speaker 1: So don't change your dog food, just to add rough Greens and watch the health benefits come alive, Wolfluff, Roughgreens, Ruff Roughgreens dot com.
Speaker 2: So DHS is going big in Maine right now.
Speaker 1: I didn't know we had that many illegal immigrants in Maine, but god, yeah. So they started doing this thing called catch of the day where at the end of it, because you know they fish up there, oh right, And that's like a name for a special food at a restaurant that serves fish.
Speaker 2: Catch of the day.
Speaker 1: Oh so they're using that, playing the words for at the end of the day. They'll say, here's the ice catch of the day. We caught this guy. He's a convicted pedophile with thirteen drunk drivings or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: But they've compared him to a fish jack. That's just a fensless catch of the day.
Speaker 1: Here's one of those personality tests you can do. You're either highly offended by that and like, you know, it hurts your soul, or you think kind of funny. Who cares? Seems like a good idea, like I do. All right, we won't call it the catch of the day. How about the scoop dejore No, No.
Speaker 2: It's just a slightly different phrase.
Speaker 1: Er, here's the worst person we caught today to give you an idea of who's hanging out and uh would continue to hang out if Ice didn't go in and get them. Now, I'd like to I'm not for grabbing US citizens and making them, you know, go through the hoops if we're doing indeed, no indeed.
Speaker 4: On the other hand, I'd like to thank the folks who are pretending to be offended by catches the day for amusing.
Speaker 2: Me so much. Catch of the day. We all need a lift now and again.
Speaker 4: Oh, speaking of animals, we've got to pay off the cow that uses tools. Good lord, Veronica. The cow is working the chimps territory. Now it's a shocking break through or something. Yeah, cows are using tools. People lock your doors, so we got more on the way.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 1: The Reason magazine is a libertarian outfit. Correct Reason dot com. Yeah, Reason dot com magazine. They've got a tough my law and they got a piece today about a woman who's six year old was out riding his scooter a third of a mile from home.
Speaker 2: What would that be? Two blocks at a playground.
Speaker 1: A stranger reported to child services And now this mom needs to have people coming into the home from the state to keep an eye on her because she let her kid go to the park. Good lord, I want to talk about that a little bit more later.
Speaker 2: I mean that is.
Speaker 1: Means something bigger culturally, I think. But speaking of.
Speaker 4: The youngsters, more and more folks noticing the Mississippi Miracle or the Mississippi Marathon, in which that beleaguered southern state is completely turned around its education system by ignoring everything the big teachers' unions has been advocating. It is to the extent that you go one hundred and eighty degrees in the other direction, that you and your schools and your children will be successful. We will fill in those blanks and show you the evidence. Also, the Chinese are spying like crazy in Taiwan and really infiltrating that poor speaking of a beleaguered places, beleaguered island nation, that that report coming up as well. But first and more importantly, this.
Speaker 6: May prove that cows are way smarter than we thought. Veronica the cow using a tool to scratch her back. It looks like the studies author said, this marks the first time on record that a mammal that wasn't a primate has been documented using a tool.
Speaker 4: Really, first, first question, NBC News sent Tom Yamas spelled exactly the same as Lamas.
Speaker 2: To report on a cow.
Speaker 4: Don't think that's because he has the name of a hoofed creature, Is that why? That's like whenever the Asian people were mad at us, they'd send an Asian reporter. If we said something provocative about welfare programs in black neighborhoods, they'd send a Black reporter to talk.
Speaker 2: About what bad fellas we are. It's just a thing.
Speaker 1: Anyway, back to the cow, that's the first documented case of anything other than primates using a tool. I got to bring that up to my son. He's super into this sort of thing. I think he would say, Now, there's like eight other things I can think of that use tools.
Speaker 2: In a variety of ways. Yeah, that's correct. I know.
Speaker 1: Ant eaters will put a stick in their mouth and stick the stick down into the ant hoole and drop bunches of ants on the stick.
Speaker 2: Ants on a stick, delicious.
Speaker 4: So that's an overstatement by these soft heads in the Network News.
Speaker 1: South American moles use typewriters.
Speaker 4: For instance, it's surprising so Veronica is an Austrian cow. As a matter of fact, in a kalb. I believe when she has an itch, she scratches it by expertly wielding a stick. But now in a new study, Veronica is demonstrating even more advanced scratching skills, deploying different ends of a wooden broom to different parts of her body to target different parts of her body. It's an example of flexible tool use, a behavior that is relatively rare in the animal kingdom.
Speaker 1: Okay, that might be a different category of tool use than the other examples that exist out there, because that's some you know that that requires some Should I not be eating hamburgers if a cow can I think through? I think I'll use the pointy end of the stick for this itch, But for this itch, I think the round end of the stick would work better.
Speaker 2: I mean that sort of thinking.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I should be eating you deliciously mean hum rare like I do.
Speaker 2: I am slightly cautious.
Speaker 4: That there may be an element of that in this, because this doctor who's studying Veronica at the cow says that what doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I don't care if they can and recite Shakespeare. I'm still gonna eat them. I mean, it would make you a monster. It's kidding, But the doctor says that should give us some pause and perhaps also motivate us to look at livestock animals differently. I think we should eat more, keep them in control, exactly, Laco.
Speaker 2: Let them know whose boss.
Speaker 1: If Herford cattle could drive cars and recite Shakespeare'd still eat them.
Speaker 2: So you know, come on, I'm not pretending that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think there may be a little activism here, but it could be. Well, the more I read The New York Times, in contrast to the NBC News, has actually quite a long article about this.
Speaker 2: Far too long.
Speaker 1: Honestly, as long as cow's been doing their cow thing around people, how is this the first time we've ever discovered their tool use?
Speaker 2: I don't know. They say.
Speaker 1: One difference maybe that this cow is a pet and not a production animal, so it has time to enlarge. It's, you know, enrich itself and read the great books and come up with.
Speaker 2: Novel uses for steaks the great books. Yeah, I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I learned this from Thucydides. The sharp under the stink, and you got an itche on your roomp, you got a bad itch. He used the sharpen, which by the way, is the most delicious part of me. Unfortunately, Yes, good news bad news for me. I can now itch my bad news. It's delicious.
Speaker 4: Speaking of stupidity, I mentioned this in the very beginning of the show, that some New York PD detectives had to go to the hospital because they were arresting a really bad guy who fought them and hurt a couple of the cops. They go to the hospital and hospital staff were nasty to them in the waiting room, accused them of being ice officers and suggested, why don't you go somewhere else? So they properly identified themselves, and the New York PD is obviously pissed off about this, the commissioners insisting all hospital staff he retrained.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. This is my favorite part. The hospital blamed. Where is the phrase? Uh oh? The hospital said, the hospital staff had a misunderstanding of their policy. Oh so we're not supposed to be rate cops when they show up and tell them to get the hell out and go somewhere else because we hate them.
Speaker 2: Deny me, keep getting that wrong. Deny the medical care.
Speaker 1: We will give medical care to anybody from any country who's done anything at tywaw at taxpayer's expense, right, but now we want help out the cops who are enforcing federal immigration law.
Speaker 2: Where we are with Ice kind of reminds me of the whole.
Speaker 1: I was too young for this. I've only read about it and seen it in documentaries. Back back when, you know, hippies used to call cops pigs and stuff like that breaking up their parties.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, that reminds me. Great great stuff from the Fabulous and Ellie Bowls.
Speaker 2: Have you noticed how.
Speaker 4: The spectacular, horrifying, sickening police violence in Iran is completely uncommented on by the left in America.
Speaker 1: They got nothing to say. It's almost as if their principles are fake. They just pretend to have them to get revolution going. We will discuss that as well.
Speaker 2: Stay with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's an interesting topic. We do a lot of segments. A lot of them are interesting, some of them aren't, but the ones that are you should listen to in the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty