Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy football advice, speculation, and whatever stupid stuff they decided to drop into the show. Now here's your host, Paul Chargion.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly. I am Paul Charchie and co host today Brian Johnson.
Speaker 3: Hey, buddy, what's up charging season? I know feels like, well, it's it's draft season, it's Thor season.
Speaker 1: It is Thor season. And that brings me to a scheduling note. Last week we cut two episodes with Thor on rookie running backs, and I had mistakenly said that with those were going to air back to back and then we were gonna do free agents. But it's actually free agents right here in the middle. So you're gonna get more of Thor next week in part two of his Rookie running Breakdown, like a dozen more rookies to talk about.
Speaker 3: We hit on.
Speaker 1: We hit the six big ones that are like Day one, Day two guys last week. Will hit on about a dozen more next week.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say only two episodes or I know it's and we joked about like a whole Ken Burns series on the twenty twenty five running back draft class. Yes, I imagine.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do the history of jazz and then we're going to do all the rookie running backs with Thorne Eystrom next week.
Speaker 3: And I'll touch on it, of course in this episode. How I'm a best ball early best ball player. But I'm just like, is this like total zero running back? And I'm just like drafting any rookie I can find, you know, past like round ten basically obviously like gend is going early, but outside, I mean, there's just so many guys.
Speaker 1: Well tell me how early is going because yeah, you can make a case for him.
Speaker 3: First overall, well, he's now right now like he started out at the turn basically the one two turn.
Speaker 4: That's too low. That's too low.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we'll see, I think, and he hasn't really moved a lot. We'll obviously where he ends up getting drafted will uh that could be justifiable. But if he ends up on you know who, you know, he's not gonna be at the Falcons. But you know what I'm saying is the wrong team who knows the Falcons could draft that who they're not you know what I'm saying. But anyway, he's up there. But uh then kind of the major drop off. But you've got podcasts and podcasts talk about the rookie running backs a lot.
Speaker 4: We do, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, today, the focus of this one, we're covering players who found new teams in free agency. So we're not gonna do guys who reupt with their own team. We got to pick our battles. We're talking through the fantasy relevancy of the players who changed to change teams, and that gives us an opportunity. It's it's a lot of guys and a lot of relevant ones. Interestingly, you know, we were talking running backs. Probably the least interesting position is the running backs because there just weren't a lot of good ones that hit free agency. Maybe there's not a lot of good ones in the NFL, especially with the rookie running back class that's coming in. But let's start at the quarterback position. Brian and your guy Sam Darnold. First, emotionally, how are you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm happy for I wanted the Raiders, you know I The Raiders were like kind of the sexier landing spot with Brock Bowers. I've been a Jacobe Myers fan for many years now, going back to the Patriots, and they're in a position where they might draft a gen t or a tet tet.
Speaker 1: You're talking all you're taking all my geno Smith talking points.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, but anyway, going to Seattle, that didn't happen. But Sam's a Seahawk now twelveth Sam Pearl Sam thinking of some Seattle references.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it should be sound Sam or Sam Sound Sound Sam.
Speaker 3: Pearl jams from Seattle.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a good that's true.
Speaker 3: It's not that good though, but it makes It's not that good. It's not I don't see t shirts being made, Sam.
Speaker 1: It doesn't really have a ring to it either, to be honest.
Speaker 3: From from a fantasy perspective, though not denying it's not as friendly a spot as the Vikings were last year. Right now we're looking at Jackson Smith and Jigba. Basically, this is only weapon in the receiving game. DK Metcalf we'll talk about later in this episode. Gone Tyler Lockett, he was kind of washed. But you'd have to expect the Seahawks are going to make some kind of move in the draft in terms of a wide receiver, maybe they'll draft one of these high profile tight ends, which I'm sure you do will touch on very soon. But uh, from a fantasy perspective, you know, he's he's in that, he's super flex, startable, but he's a backup when it comes to fantasy. He's falling in that you know, QB twenty five range, and right now, that's kind of justifiable. It's a West Coast system that they're running in Seattle. Clinton Kubiak is the new OC. He and Donald were together in San Francisco a couple of years ago. Donald was the backup, Kubiak was the the passing game coordinator. But they're gonna run a system similar to what they're running Minnesota. But again, they don't have Justin Jefferson JSN a viable weapon. But I don't know, we'll see, we'll see how it goes. Offensive line major concerned major, which chaunted him in Minnesota last year. It's gonna follow him to Seattle. Unfortunately, as the Vikings solidify their line. Of course, they weren't gonna do that with Donald don Ross to salary cap blah blah. But anyway, Uh, it's it's a slight downgrade fantasy wise for Donald, but he's got the job. Now. I'm excited to see what happens, and you know I will be rooting for him.
Speaker 4: I know you will be rooting for him.
Speaker 1: Personally, I think the offensive line is a major problem and the Seahawks need to find some help in the draft at this point. That offensive line was one of the worst last season. And you know, we saw at the end of the season what happens when the Vikings offensive line, you know where teams just basically said we're gonna We're gonna force the Vikings to protect Sam at all costs, and they just they couldn't do it. And Seattle brought in to the no meaningful, no meaningful free agents across their offensive line other than Josh Jones from Baltimore. That's a very thin resume. So yeah, it's I'm I'm nervous for Donald here and unclear if Jackson Smith in JIGBA can be a quality number one receiver without having some surrounding talent with him. Let's go to the other side of that coin. Gino Smith going to the Raiders, as you mentioned, reunites with Pete Carroll and what I like about this, Brian is their familiarity suggests to me that Gino can hit the ground running, and he has a massive upgrade over Gardner Minshew and even your guy Aidan O'Connell.
Speaker 4: Brian, I.
Speaker 1: Know you're a sympathizer, but in a.
Speaker 3: Very distinctive vacuum of versus Gardner.
Speaker 1: Now he does as you mentioned, he'll be throwing to brock Bauers, who obviously we love, everybody loves.
Speaker 4: But let's note that.
Speaker 1: Geno Smith nor Pete Carroll ever prioritize tight end production in their past offenses, and and I'm sure they will. I mean, brock Bauer is a special talent. He's their best offensive player. They will, you know, they'll find a way to get the ball into his hands. But I wish there was a little more of a resume with either Geno or Pete Carroll to suggest that they've schematically they know how to get the ball to their tight ends. I'm still extremely bullish on brock Bauers, and I would take him early, no later than the middle of the first round. But the only so The receiver of note is another guy you mentioned if FFW favorite Jakobe Myers in his contract year, and I think Brian, I think he's gonna be one of my favorite sleepers for this season. I could see one thousand yard season coming for Jacoby Myers here, and I'm I'm really optimistic that he can be. He can be much better than he has been with A than he was with A No'connelly Gardner minshew.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The only thing that's ever held Kobe down outside of bad quarterbacking, which is a huge.
Speaker 4: And his whole career by the.
Speaker 3: Way, Yeah, going back to New England, is that he's just he's gotten injured and it's really been like concussions which has been unfortunate, and he's had his bell will run a couple of times. Yes, but when he plays, he's, uh, he's elite. I'm gonna say that. I mean, if you watch him play, he's got an elite skill set.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now, Gino Smith by far the best quarterback you he will have played with in his career.
Speaker 1: And Gino it's gonna appear in a bunch of my rosters as my in scenarios where I either punt the quarterback position or scenarios where he's just my second quarterback. I think he's going to be underdrafted, and I like the surrounding talent here.
Speaker 4: I think Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Takes Ashton Genty in the with pick six, and that'll that will make the whole offense better for sure. Let's let's pivot to Justin Field, who goes to the Jets as the presumed starter, right at least for the moment, Brian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean who else would it be. I mean the move up in the draft, but yeah, I'm I think Fuels will be the starter, and I think drafters do mentioned the early Bestball drafting, before Fields had a home, he was going quarterback thirty. Yeah, and he's surging. Now. You know, the ADP that I'm looking at hasn't even like corrected itself. You know, it's in the midst of that. He's already moved up the quarterback twenty one ahead of J. J. McCarthy, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson. He was going well after that tier and kind of understandably so, I mean when he's played, he's an elite from a fantasy perspective over the years. Here is a Fantasy points per game where he's ranked not overall points, but points per game. Starting in twenty twenty one, QB thirty's a rookie then, but then QB five. He really popped off in twenty two QB eleven and twenty twenty three QB eight last year, had a great start with the Steelers. Still kind of shocked they took him out and or I'm shocked they didn't go back to him, give him a chance. I mean, I'm not a Giants fan anymore. I'd be pissed if I'm in a Giants fan and they got Fields. I think Fields is far more intriguing whatever the hell the Giants are gonna end up with. But yeah, I mean it's been, like, you know, the passing has been the question mark with Fields, but he's got Garrett Wilson. He's proven to be an able passer in the past. He's never had an elite receiver. Really, He's had DJ Moore, he had DJ Moore in twenty three pickins last year. But Garrett Wilson better than those two combined almost, so the Surgeon price is justified. I'm glad. I kind of packed my I was drafted him, knew knowing he was gonna get a chance on one of these bad teams. But the Jets are an exciting, uh landing spot for him. They're very young, and they can add talent through the draft, and they got Wilson as mentioned, and so yeah, I think I like this spot for Fields. Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have any competition, but.
Speaker 1: Not really, Tyrod Taylor is not really a factor here, and I don't think that anybody that they would land in the draft would end up being a factor either. Garrett Wilson excited for the prospects of him not having to share time is just like last year, not having to share time with DeVante Adams at this stage last year. But then of course they traded for Adams and that nuked Garrett Wilson into orbit hopefully now as really, I mean, there's nobody else to catch a pass there, So you know, I'm very interested to see if can justin Field support a very good receiver and get the most out of him. And from a passing standpoint, it's not clear that he can, but hope fully he could.
Speaker 3: Failed to mention Worth mentioning Field and Wilson played together at Ohio State.
Speaker 4: You know what I had forgotten about that. That's a great point.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Daniel Jones and we'll just spend a second on him. Colts needed a backup plan for Anthony Richardson in an event that he does not get better, which through fifteen games he really hasn't. He is a total wild card at this point. He has shown little improvement through those fifteen games. But it's still only fifteen games and he's still young, so you know, there's still opportunity for Anthony Richardson to make good on his draft stock. You know, for the Colts, you can see why they needed Daniel Jones, right, you want, Shane Steichen probably loses his job if the Colts tank and if they don't make the playoffs, perhaps even and they had to get depth behind Richardson in case he can improve on his fifty percent career completion rating. And you know what I think is kind of interesting about this Daniel Jones move, Brian. It could be that Jones had learned enough about JJ McCarthy that he was like, I'm never going to get a start in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: McCarthy's the good better shot in Indy.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, JJ McCarthy's prospects of being an NFL passer, NFL quality starting quarterback to me are way better than Anthony Richardson's and we've never seen JJ McCarthy play one down of regular season football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh, that's what you would lead leads me to believe that as well, that yeah, he just saw there was a definite road stop in Minnesota.
Speaker 4: I think that's it.
Speaker 3: I think which is clearly the better position you want to be in to be win a Super Bowl, be successful in Minnesota over Indianapolis. Right now, all all that's missing is the quarterback quote unquote missing.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, all right, let's go to the running back position. I think that's the notable quarterbacks. Let's go to the running and to me, there's only one that one running back out of this list that looks likely to be a starter, and that's Naji Harris who went to the Chargers. You know, we all know Jim Harbaugh once to ruin the ball, once to run it more effectively than he did last year. Naji Harris, I believe, never missed a game in his career. And that's one of the things that I'm sure that you know, after the troubles they had with JK. Dobbins and Gus Edwards constantly going in and out of lineups, I'm sure, that's one of the things that appealed to them with Najie Harris.
Speaker 3: And now he's been durable for sure, but pretty pretty meh to this point in his career. But the offensive offenses he's played for in Pittsburgh have been very uninspired. The offensive line never been good. Yeah for him, but Harris shockingly efficient last year. Uh he uh ranked let's see, among thirty seven running backs with two hundred plus touches, he was eleventh and miss tackles forced per touch. He's middle of the pack and explosive play rate and again that wash a really bad offensive line. Things will improve in Los Angeles. The Chargers JK. Dobbins still unsigned, So it really looks like it's gonna be a whole lot of nausey. I mean this, It seems like he stays healthy, like he's gonna have three hundred touches type season. Don't you feel that way. I think they're just gonna I think they're gonna draft a running back.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna draft another running back.
Speaker 1: But as it as it stands today, he's running back one, and he's better than anybody else on roster.
Speaker 3: I think, like every team's gonna draft a running back for sure, but I don't know. I don't think if they're gonna draft someone high enough to be an immediate threat to Naji I think. But anyway, again, a guy who's his ADP has gone up since finding a home inside the top thirty running backs now and that ADP is correcting itself. By the day he was outside of that, he was kind of almost in the art be forty range right around like h Tank Bigsby a month or two ago. But yeah, people are excited about the the move. We'll see how good he is. You know, he's in a better spot. So hopefully the the efficiency numbers lead to bigger fantasy stats would have been which have been.
Speaker 4: Lacking they have.
Speaker 1: He's a you know he can catch and they don't. You I'd like to see a team that actually throws to him a bunch. And I don't have the numbers in front of me. I wish I had, but I'd like to see them. I'd like to see him used more as a receiver than he has been to this point. And you know, if he doesn't have to share time with Jaalen Warren, what would it look like if Najie Harris got three hundred carries, you know, could he be Does he have top ten running back upside on three hundred carries which Jim Harbaugh could do well? Yeah, I mean I think you know that that could come together. It's not out of the range of possibilities.
Speaker 3: Quickly. On the other side of the coin, you're you're mentioning Jalen Warren. Interesting what's left behind? But I mean, Jalen Warren. Pittsburgh just signed Kenneth Gainwell, but we're not going to talk about that so right now. I mean, if Warren can survive the draft in terms of the Steelers draft a high profile running back or multiple running backs man, right now, he looks like a league to the opposite winner. If you were at drafted early like me, he's going up in price as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he should. And he's a pretty good player too. We don't know that he can be a three hundred carry guy as well. Can he carry a backfield? And the other thing I want to mention about Kenneth Gainwell, just to my eyes visually, I thought he looked way better last year than he had the previous years, and he had some eye popping runs that made me go, Wow, that doesn't look like the same guy. I don't know that we've heard the last of Kenneth Gainwell, we'll find out.
Speaker 3: Oh no, he'll be uh, he'll be utilized, and he'll be he'll be a ta com one or two weeks.
Speaker 4: He will be.
Speaker 1: That's exactly we're gonna get a little We're going to get some some peak cocking out of that.
Speaker 3: Later on, I looked this up really quick. The Chargers running backs as a whole last year dead last in catches forty three. Well on the season.
Speaker 1: Well, was it because they didn't have guys who caught the ball naturally like Gus Edwards no catching ability or or is it just you know, you know, the Greg Roman offense, I mean Greg Roman's offenses. They just never throw to running backs.
Speaker 4: JJ.
Speaker 1: Zacharyson and I, actually Zachariason and I were going back and forth on Twitter.
Speaker 4: Today about this very topic.
Speaker 1: He noted that Greg Romans running backs in all of his years his offensive coordinator have never ranked higher than nineteenth in receptions. So from a PPR standpoint, those Charger running backs will always probably languish. Let's go to Elijah Mitchell. I don't even think we need to spend a lot of time in this. He went to Kansas City. The story on Elijah Mitchell always injured, including the entirety of last year. He was kind of electric in San Francisco in brief moments before Christian McCaffrey got there, and then periodically when Christian McCaffrey would get hurt, but just again constantly hurt. Kareem Hunt just resigned with the team today, So there's I don't see much here for Elijah Mitchell and the and I believe they're also a candidate to everybody's a candidate, draft a runner, But I don't think Kareem hunts metrics last year were terrible, and Elijah Asaiah Pajeco's knee injury just an ongoing question mark. I just I don't know that Mitchell even survives to the final roster here, so I don't think we need to spend a lot of time on him. Let's pivot over to Rico Dowdell, who got to the point where at the end of last year he was he was a weekly fantasy starter. Now finds himself in Carolina.
Speaker 3: Brian, Yeah, and you know, people, I was assuming you know it kind of seemed like Dallas was, you know, saying they're not gonna draft a running back high, and it just seemed like doubt all they shouldn't go back to because you looked good, as you said last year, last year, especially in the second half. But uh, we'll talk about who the Cowboys decided to go with in a minute. I presume him, so dowdle to Carolina where he will back up Cuba Hubbard. You know, it's it's a pretty meh landing spot at the one angle here. You know, Cuba suffered the season ending knee injury late last year, so this feels like a you know, go if Cuba was fully healthy going into the season, he'll probably be near one hundred percent, but he's not going to be a bell cow by any means. If he was in that state of health, you know, he'd probably like seventy thirty in favor of Cuba. But I feel like it might be a little heavier reco you know, to start the season as Tuba's coming back from the knee injury, which will present a cell high window. And right now stock on Dowdell down big time because he's you know, just presumed back up to Cuba Hubbard, but I think it will see at least a fifty to fifty split on an offense. That's you know they're on the upset wing as a for sure.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely, So people.
Speaker 3: Are hating on this landing spot, but I think there's some sneaky value here, especially if Daubdell can get off to a I think it'll be flexworthy, maybe even RB too worthy to start the season. And if he gets off to a hot start, you can sell high because you would presume that you know the Tuba will get ramped up coming off the knee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought Cuba looked really good last year, and I don't think that need is going to be a factor. So I am less optimistic about Dowbell than you are. But I think it's still Cuba's going to be the primary and doubt will be change of pace. But we'll see how this thing shakes out. I'm still I'm still team Tuba on this one. You mentioned Dallas has that opening at running back. Well, honestly they've had an opening a running back from like two years. But Javonte Williams signs there, I don't care. No team is more likely to put high end draft equity into the running back position than Dallas is in maybe Denver. Almost anybody Dallas DFT Dallas is gonna draft a running back day one or day two, end of story, I'd be stunned. I'd like ninety percent chance they do. And anybody they draft is gonna be a lot better than Javonte Williams. And that's gonna move to Williams back to a backup role. And you know it's sad if we you know, for one the clock, four seasons ago, Williams are great. Then he had the ACL. Then we've had two seasons since then post ACL, and it's just he's just not the same guy, averaging three point eight yards per carry and really unable to distinguish himself from all the other randos that they've that they've rotated in and out of that Denver backfield. So I I can't get excited about this one.
Speaker 3: Brian, Nah, I think we've said enough.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on to the octation. Then I agree we've said enough. I mentioned at the outset, the running backs are gonna are the least important position out.
Speaker 4: Of all of these.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the wide outs and Davante Adams now with the Rams, this is a tantalizing landing spot.
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, I love this for Davante and for everyone involved, even Pukakua. I mean people are like, oh, Pooka's gonna hurt Pooka. The rising tide lifts all boats. We say that all the time. This is both of these guys are gonna be more open basically, and speaking of being more open, Adams starting from week twelve on last year, who he was a borderline league winner Fantasy wise, of course, not for the Jets, they weren't winning, Jack Squatt, but from week twelve on DeVante Adams was eleventh best in Fantasy points data, average separations scored on in reperspective, Kuka and Nakua was nineteenth best, and Cooper Cup, who he's essentially replacing, was fifty first of sixty nine wide recips.
Speaker 1: And that's why Cooper Cup is not yet signed.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: So huge upgrade for Snatt, Stafford and then this whole offense. The Rams wide receivers led the NFL in receptions last year two hundred and sixty nine. The Giants were second, shockingly with two hundred and fifty one catches, so, you know, just probably the most perfect landing spot for Davante Adams and for his teammates. I mean, Sean McVay sent sent Adams supposedly narrated highlight tapes of routes that he'd be running. You know, he was like dubbing his voice over, like all right, Davante, this is what so he was. Adams said he was sold from Jump Street. So this just seems like a match made in heaven. I mean, Adams, let's see where he's at now. He was kind of going, you know, fourth round, but that's gonna be going up now right now. He's wide receiver for twenty one, but he was definitely more like mid twenties. But he's gonna I could see him leap frogging, leap frogging right now. He's behind like T Higgins, Terry mcclaurr, and I think we might see him, Savi, you're worthy, He's gonna jump over him for sure. DJ Moore, I'm liking Adams more than those guys now now that he's on the Rams.
Speaker 4: Agreed. I love this landing spot.
Speaker 1: We know that Sean McVay can manufacture targets to his receivers unlike really any coach in the NFL, you know, and pukin Akua. Honestly, this this might help pokin Akua as much as anybody because they needed a better second receiver and they didn't have it.
Speaker 4: And while we love the idea of.
Speaker 1: Like the whole offense, like passing offense funneling through Pooka, that might have been unsustainable. And so I just you know, this could be one of those situations where Pooka is better having somebody else on the field that defenders have to have to prepare for. Let's go to DK Metcalf, who now goes over to the Steelers. They paid a second round pick and five years and one hundred and fifty million dollars man. That is the largest contract for a non quarterback in the history of the Steelers franchise. Brian and DK Metcalf obviously is a special player, right, I mean, there's really like historically there's really not a comp for DK Metcalf. But the problem is the production really through his entire career and he's now he's it was six years in Seattle, production was just okay. He was basically a one thousand yard receiver. Most years right in that one thousand yard range. His touchdowns for a guy his size, Brian, his touchdowns the last three years were six eight and last year five. Now you can say, all right, well, maybe Seattle didn't use him as well as they could have, but is Pittsburgh gonna use him any better? Especially when we don't know the quarterback situation, you know.
Speaker 3: With Arthur Smith. Yeah, and Arthur's right right, the most head scratchingly friendly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Look, it's tricky. The only quarterback under contract right now is Mason Rudolph. They're not going to bring back Russell Wilson. You know, Aaron Rodgers as of this taping is a is a possibility. But even so, at this age of his career, you know, his Aaron Rodgers' abilities and his personality are both question marks.
Speaker 3: Although Aaron Rodgers in the AFC North on the Steelers, like yeah, I even makes it into like November. It just sounds so gross. No part of that offense whatsoever. The thing is DK Metcalf for me, Like, I know he's a great player, obviously a physical specimen like we haven't seen really, but like the one play that I can remember from Dk Metcalf is when Gino threw a pick on Monday Night Football against the Cardinals and he chased it was like Buddha Baker or someone down like one hundred yards. You remember that, Like he chased, like yeah, that was awesome. Yes, Metcalf based him down all you know, you like, yeah, like a twenty yard head start. Basically that's what I remember most of dcp's careers at.
Speaker 1: Play, but that which was which was unbelievable. It was a credit to him for that. Now, in fairness, Aaron Rodgers just powered DeVonta Adams to fantasy success, as you adroitly outlined just moments ago. But Rogers is the best case possible scenario at this point for Pittsburgh because after Russell Wilson, who's not coming back, and Rogers, your available free agent quarterbacks are Gardner Minshew and Jamison Winston, both of.
Speaker 3: Whom Will's on the time by Kansas City.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, that makes it Jameis Winston and I don't I'm not even positive.
Speaker 3: With the next next Cousins.
Speaker 4: Well it's not available right now, but so.
Speaker 3: They're not going to release Cousins.
Speaker 4: The Falcons doesn't.
Speaker 1: Sound like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The Steelers picked twenty one in the draft, so I don't think they have a solution coming there. Maybe the big winner here is George Pickens, who gets number two coverage. He'll get you know second, you know less.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think most of the better most of the defensive tension to the passing game is going to go to DK Metcalf. So maybe George Pickens ends up a winner here. But with the quarterback situation, Arthur Smith and everything else, I don't like this for DK Metcalf.
Speaker 3: No, and don't. I don't necessarily like it for Pickens either. I think it just it might help him, but just because the quarterback situation, like you said, I think it's just kind of ye, not too thrilled about it. Twenty one that puts them in the Jackson Dart range. Now kind of people are saying Jackson darts kind of steam in his.
Speaker 1: Way into the quarterbacks always right, Yeah, quarterbacks always do.
Speaker 3: But that's not really going to equate to fantasy success, probably in his Brookie year, so it's not really too exciting.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking of no fantasy success, let's go over to Josh Palmer as he goes over to Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Nice segue. Won't spend a ton of time on Josh Palmer, but there is one another interesting metric I found on Fantasy Points again, Fantasy points data. Palmer's separation score over the last two years. He was twenty first of seventy nine wide receivers and twelve of seventy seven wide receivers, so he can get open. He's had injury history. He hasn't been playing on the most electric offenses in the Chargers. He missed a lot of last year. But you know, he goes to Buffalo. I we don't even mention where he's playing. Really, he goes to Buffalo where not a ton of competition outside of Khalil Shakir Amari Cooper. We're not gonna talk about him on the show because he's still a free agent and he's probably not gonna get picked up by anybody. But it's really, you know, Khalil Shakir Andkean Coleman, but Palmer going into a starting role for the Bills. So I'm intrigued. As a late round dart. He's an underrated separator, what can you say? So if he gets if he stays healthy, stays on the field, gets open. He's got a chance to produce with Josh Allen a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Christian Kirk goes over to Houston. This is an intriguing one to me. Have you seen word intriguing a few times and you come up with better word. Houston traded for Kirk. It was only a seventh rounder, but to me, it's always it always says a little something when you give up anything to get a player, and they needed they needed one after losing stuff on digs. He had the knee and he's also a free agent and TAC Tank Dell's possible career ending knee injury.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bad news there.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, it's a it's brutal, way worse than most knee injuries. Dislocated knee plus the ACL and some other cls that I I don't remember. Is MCL or PCL. Just disaster knee injury for Tank Dell. Now, the good news is Christian Kirk walks into the best offense of his career, and he's got some sneaky upside here. He is a slot run. A slot runner. Two thirds of his routes over his career have been run from the slot.
Speaker 4: And he'll do that.
Speaker 1: For Houston, Nico Collins will be on the outside. But Brian, there's no number three, proven number three receiver on this team.
Speaker 3: No, definitely, it's like a Xavier Hutchinson. Yeah, but blanking on John.
Speaker 1: Mitchie, John Mitchie, I mean, which I don't know if there's still optimistic about him. I'm not, but maybe, you know, maybe they are, and you know, and they might they might put some draft equity into the wide receiver position as well. But you know, we have seen in the past Kirk has been a guy seven or eight targets a game, five six catches a game, fifty yards and the Rando touchdown here and there. You know, he's like one of those guys in Guillotine that you can start your first like five weeks with Kristin Kirk. Didn't it blew up last year? He was not very good last year, but maybe better here in a better offense. Three years ago Kirk had eleven hundred yards and eight touchdowns. But that was three years ago. He's only twenty eight years old. Just not a game changing chat talent. Despite the fact, do you remember Christian Kirk was at one point the highest paid wide receiver in the league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just kind of shocked that he went for so cheap and to a division like basically like any other team that wasn't in the same division as the Jaguars. You offer him a seventh, they're probably gonna take that over sending him to Houston, right, Yeah, like how there's no interest? Like I mean, Kirk would be a nice slot option for the Vikings, would he not? I know the Vikings on, but I don't know anyway. Yeah, I think there's there's I don't think he's a dead cat by any means. And you get him a good value right now.
Speaker 4: We've still got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's gonna be interesting to I think he'll be interesting where his ADP drops. I think he'll he'll probably be a value there. Brian, let's take a break, and when we come back, let's continue with some of the free agent wide receiver moves and the white and the one tight end move you need to know about. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Charchion and Brian Johnson with you.
Speaker 4: Are all right, let's got We've got.
Speaker 1: A few more receivers to get through. Diammy Brown blew up in the playoffs and showed us the side of him that we'd been waiting to see since he was drafted in the third round by Washington. Hits free agency and now goes to Jacksonville.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speak of you mentioned his playoff performance two and twenty nine yards in three games. He led all wide receivers in the in the postseason.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: Huge postseason for Diami, So I led to a big payday going to Jacksonville. Where let's start with last year, So Diamie Brown didn't see a ton of targets. But speaking to efficiency, we mentioned it before with Palmer, Brown was very efficient. His seven point six yards after the catch per reception ranked eighth among one hundred and ten qualifying wide receivers, and he also first eleven miss tackles that would have led all of the Jacksonville Jaguars last year, including Brian Thomas Junior. So I'm not saying Brown is gonna usurp BTJ as a wide receiver one, but I think he's certainly taken the job of Gabe Davis. And uh yeah, he's in a very advantageous spot lining up opposite of BTJ, who is already elite. So Diami Brown. You would get he almost didn't have an ADP in terms of twenty round drafts, which are deep drafts. But he's climbing heavily now and in an offense that's uh. You know, people are excited about the Jaguars offense. Shover Warren can say, hello, who.
Speaker 1: Are these people that are excited about the Jaguars?
Speaker 3: Well, I will will betj is he's a first round pick.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's some that is exciting.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about the departed in Evan Ingram, but you know, Breton Strange, I don't know. This is all at cost really outside of inside of BATJ there's a there's a the new head coach. I'm blanking on his name, but he's you know, was he the Bucks oc and the Bucks.
Speaker 4: Had a yeah Liam call?
Speaker 3: Yeah Liam Combs so uh uh? Quarterback of from UMass played with Victor Cruz. I don't know, if you.
Speaker 4: Phil, I didn't know he threw to Victor Cruz.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they played together.
Speaker 4: I did not know.
Speaker 1: I did not remember that. I remember Victor Cruz's mariachi moves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the old salsa Victor Cruz man. He I don't want to get into it. But he you know, the one they won the Super Bowl. I'm gonna get into it now. He got he's got, he got famous, and he never matched that Super Bowl a year and just fell off a cliff. Basically, he was living it up in New York for too long. But anyway, who are we talking about? To Aamy Brown? I'm in on Brown. Let's see right now.
Speaker 1: Is.
Speaker 3: Uh Miammy Brown wide receiver ninety?
Speaker 1: Dang all right, I get you know, everything's relative to value, as you said, and wide receiver ninety.
Speaker 4: I'm intrigued.
Speaker 3: He's right now he's going after Gabe Davis. That's about to change. Yeah, we're talking Darius Slayton Leak, Washington, Michael Wilson, Territory, Troy Franklin. Yeah, give me, give me Diami Brown there, especially in Bestball. You know he's got that that Spike Week potential for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 1: There's a you got to pick your spots for for him if it's anything like in the past. But if he gets regular playing time, which he did not get in Washington, Dianmy Brown could be interesting there. I'm a little excited about Jacksonville, so I'm gonna recind my snide comment from two minutes ago about Jacksonville and especially if they decide to go go with Tank.
Speaker 3: That would be yeah. I'll say, you gotta be excited, always excited. Thanks could get that Bell cow, I would love that.
Speaker 1: Let's talk DeAndre Hopkins briefly. He goes to the Ravens. It's a one year deal.
Speaker 3: I you know, look, I'm wide receivers go to die.
Speaker 4: No kidding, isn't that the truth?
Speaker 3: It's the Ravens or the Titans. It's like, yeah, those two places where it does Brian Moss Titan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Titans.
Speaker 1: Those are some epic days for for Hopkins. Like the Chiefs last year desperately needed wide receiver production after Rishie Rice went down, You'll remember, but they couldn't.
Speaker 4: They didn't.
Speaker 1: They couldn't get it from Hopkins. And you know that was with Patrick Mahomes. An offensive desperately needed a wide receiver. This is this is a run first Ravens team with better receivers on roster and better tight ends on roster. Hopkins is going to be an afterthought and I can't muster any enthusiasm here. He's gonna be Hopkins is going to be on his third team in one calendar year and his fourth team in three years. There's a reason teams keep giving up on Hopkins. It's it's a borderline Hall of Fame career. Maybe not even borderline. He's sitting at thirteen thousand receiving yards. It's it's been a tremendous career in totality. But this, this move to the Ravens does not interest.
Speaker 3: Me at all. Brian. No, he's probably taking Nilson Aguilar's job. And that's basically what I'm expecting to get from DeAndre Hopkins is Nilson Aguilar.
Speaker 1: Out of every but that's about right out of everybody that we talked have talked about on this entire show forty plus minutes. The guy who has the best landing spot is the one tight end we're going to discuss, and that's Evan Ingram who goes to Denver. Brian, I love this spot, and I think Sean Payton is an ideal coach for him to to to.
Speaker 4: Be paired with.
Speaker 1: And Hevin Ingram is right now as it stands, the second best receiver on this team.
Speaker 4: So talk to me about your thoughts.
Speaker 1: See, I want to see if you share the interest I've got in Evan Ingram going to Denver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a uh, you know, the obviously no competition at the tight end position as of now for Ingram, uh walking into the starting job. I highly doubt that the the Broncos are going to draft. There's a few enticing tight ends in the draft is here if I doubt Denver is gonna go after one now that they've signed Ingram. Yeah, you know the thing? Sorry, I think with Denver, though Peyton does seem like the perfect coach, He's got this like joker role that hasn't he hasn't been able to fill and supposedly Ingram is going to fill that. Uh. I guess he hasn't had the joker role if it's a tight end, because over the last two years, Denver tight ends have been dead last and targets under Sean Payton, so that needs to change. But uh, Ingram certainly more exciting than Greg Dolci, who is never healthy, and I'm every other Denver tight end over the last Tew year is very forgettable. So yeah, Ingram is was the one really big name tight end out there. He's found there there's no other tight ends waiting in the wind. Really it's it's all Angram. So he's definitely got a bump and value. I think we'll see him going let's see right now he is. He was kind of outside the top ten and he still is. He's tight end sixteen. But that's going up. That's gonna go off.
Speaker 4: I kind of go a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll be sniffing that top top ten range.
Speaker 4: Yep, right in that range.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think Djoku, Tucker Craft, Dalton Kincaid, Colston Loveland is in that range. He's one of the rookies, the aforementioned rookies. Yeah, Tyler Warren, Colton Loveland, two rookies and early early top twelve tight ends adb.
Speaker 1: There's no there's no buddy else on Denver at the tight end position to give him any trouble. Adam Trautman and Lucas Krawl and Nate Adkins.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And that's yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm really optimistic about about what and Ingram has the opportunity to do.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: It felt like he was you know, we know he can be highly productive because he has been, and I think he goes right back to being them and Ingram that we saw a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: And I'm excited for that.
Speaker 3: Get get a little up there in age thirty one, I believe older than I thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he didn't do much for a long time, right, so I feel like, you know, we were waiting and waiting, and this happens with tight ends, right where they take a while to develop. Those first few years were pretty meager for him, and then he had then he had that. He had a relative breakout season in a couple of years ago with Jacksonville when he posted almost a thousand yards, and you know, everything changed for him. So yeah, well see, hopefully good things coming from Evan ingram In. Oh that'll be his gosh, that'll be his ninth. This is ninth season coming out. Brian, Dude, it's a little Yeah, that's sneaky.
Speaker 4: Thirty years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we're just getting old. You know, it's never old. It's Fantasy Football Weekly, Brian. No, No, these never get old. We've been doing this for thirty years. Not one of them have felt old. O. They're all they're all fresh, new and exciting.
Speaker 4: And we'll be.
Speaker 3: Speaking of old though. We should. Just some old the players unsigned as of this recording that are out there, Amari Cooper, Keenan Allen Cooper, cup Stefan Diggs. Not as old. Those are wide receivers. Nick Chubb still unsigned running back. I'd like to say I think Nick Chubb's got a little left in the tank. I think I'd like to see where he ends up. Definitely old. The quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, Kirk Cousins, Russell Wilson, they're still out there, but those are the names out there. JK. Dobbins, he's out there running back.
Speaker 4: That's about it.
Speaker 3: We're almost, We're almost. We're ready for the draft. Almost ready. We got some episodes with Thor coming up right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Too, Yeah, we're yep.
Speaker 1: We're gonna break down, break down all the positions with Thor for most of the rest of marching into April. So yeah, we're gonna get a lot smarter about the rookie class coming up in future reps.
Speaker 4: So it's a Fantasy Football Weekly. Thanks for listening, everybody. Brian, your great job, and.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you all next week. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.