Speaker 1: Welcome to Boss the territory. Ladies and gentlemen. There's no game here tonight. It's the day off. So you're probably thinking, Robbie, what are we doing when we got some news to talk about. We've got some rumors, got some trade deadline juiciness, some trade deadline gossip to bite into. I'm excited, you're excited, We're all excited. You know why. You know what feels good about right now is that we get to talk about being buyers at the deadline. Who would have thought this a few weeks ago. Oh man, I'm all revved up. I'm excited about it. We got a big story here today, Zach Netto of the Angels. Could he be a possibility? We got an article from Cam Rosenthal. We're gonna dive into that. We also got a little something from Mark find Son of MLB dot Com. We'll talk about that as well here in tonight's episode. We're gonna make it a quick one here. I know you're all enjoying your Thursday evening wherever you may be. We'll go over those and we'll hang out with the chat at the end of the show. So if anyone does have a question or whatever, feel free to super chats are open if you want to drop one in. I'll pay attention to the chat as best as I can. But let's get to it here, ladies and gentlemen, let's get to it. If you are just finding us for the first time, think about subscribing. This is where you're gonna want to be leading up to the trade deadline. I love talking traits, I love talking all the rumors, I love talking all this stuff. So absolutely subscribe and get on board. And we're drawing closer to eight thousand subscribers. We are within two hundred subs of getting there. So with that said, let's get to it. Let's not waste any more time. We got a little something from Kem Rosenthal. The Red Sox view Angels shortstop zach Netto as a strong fit. And listen, there's been no sea could hear about the possibility of zach Netto as a Boston Red Sox. I've been on the record multiple times saying I think he's a great fit multiple times. Now you go this this started, I would say a couple of months ago. Remember when we had that time where oh man, the Red Sox are looking for a right handed bat even Mike Shrout was popping up in the news. Mike freaking Shrout, Well, that wasn't gonna happen, but that's what we all started saying. Well, hey, right handed bat, you know, have some injuries in the middle infield. The Angels, they're at organization that's just never really going anywhere. Why not someone like zach Netto, who's got a few years of control, not even twenty six years old. Yet he's shown some pretty good things in the first couple of years of his major league career. A guy that has pop, has speed, Yeah, you get Well, we'll talk about the deficiencies in just a little bit, but there's a lot of talent with zach Netto. Over the last couple of years, he's averaged right around like a three and a half Fangraft wins above replacement. That's a solid player, just for comparison's sake. Last year, Trevor Story, who was finally healthy, finally productive, he was a three f war player last year. Zach Netto, he's been around a three and a half in his early twenties. Unfortunately, he's just been with a bad Angels organization and uh so, yeah, you don't tend to hear a whole lot about him, But he is I would say, one of the better shortstops in Major League Baseball. Now taking a look at the article here. Now also another thing too, I forgot to mention as well. The reason he was coming up is because he was a guy that popped up last offseason as a possibility for the Red Sox, Craig Breslow making a couple of phone calls. It never materialized, and its said that here. The Red Sox, after expressing interest in La Angels shortstop last offseason, continue to view him as a strong according to people briefed on their discussions, but granted a nomine I can't even say that they're anonymous to speak freely, I can never say that word. The talks between the Red Sox and Angels regarding Nedo last winner did not progress to the point of exchanging names. Jehan Mazelak has since taken over as interim general manager of the Angels, replacing Perrymanajian. Now, it goes on to say here it is not clear how willing the team would be to trade Neto, who was earning four point one to five million this season and under club control for three additional years. So you know, before we get into the idea of Netto being a good fit for the Red Sox, let's talk about the Angels here for a second. With the Angels, obviously, you know we've seen everything that's been going on over there. But Perrymanajian just let go not too long ago, John Mozzaylok, who was the longtime leader of the car Dal's front office, that's a guy that he has been within the game of baseball for a very long time. If there is a guy that can convince Arty Moreno to finally go through a rebuild, I would say, out of anyone there right now, John moze Lock easily anyone over the last few years or so several years, John mose Loc, I would say, is the guy that can finally convince Arty Moreno. Hey, listen, I know you want to sell the experience. I know you want to sell the tickets. I know you want to have the family friendly atmosphere. But you know what, people are starting to get a little sick and tired here. They want to win ball games. Yes, let's still keep that experience. We'll keep guys like trout Right, that's the guy that's gonna put butts in the seats. He's a future Hall of Famer. But we got to start getting this organization on the right track because how many times over the years, I mean, you need to make one postseason with Otani and Shrout Trout, what was it twenty fourteen the last time they made the postseason. You've pretty much wasted all of these years of Mike Trout. You got to start figuring things out within the organization. It's gonna take a lot of work there. But right now, with the guys that they have, these talented players like Netto, like Greed, Deptmers like Jose Soriano, a couple others as well, Joe Adell last year thirty eight home runs, thirty seven whatever it was. They're not winning games. So it's like, yes, you can make this argument to keep Nedo, you can make the argument to keep Deptmers in Soriano. Yeah, they're good players. If you want to actually win games, keep your good players. Well, the problem is is you have to be able to build a good team around those guys. Right, Yes, you have your top guys, but you have no support. The Angels they should go back to the point where they got to start building from the ground up. Again, they're trying to build from the top down. You can't put the roof before the foundation. That's what the Angels have been trying to do and it's not working. So they got to Everyone knows it, but Artie Moreno, He's like, no, I want to have a competitive team on the field, and yeah, let's try it. Well, let's figure this out. And they've been trying to figure it out and it has it worked so in my opinion. And this isn't me trying to be like, oh, I just want them to trade Neto to the Red Sox. No as someone that wants the Angel because listen, I respect the Angels from back in the day. We ran into the Angels a couple of times in the postseasons, you know, I mean just saying I remember those Angels teams. They were fun to watch. They were good teams. I mean, goodness, what was it two thousand and two thousand and nine, they knocked the Red Sox out in the division round, if I remember correctly. I want the Angels to get back to a good place, right. You know, Angels fans are very dedicated. They're good loyal fans. You know, they deserve a winning team. I think they need to start going in the right direction. And Netto with what he can bring back. I think that's a very good start for the Angels. And then you look into moving debtvers in Soriatto, you'll be able to get a lot back for those kind of guys. You look at what these teams have done, like look at the White Sox, Look at the White Sox over the last few years. Look at the moves they've made, and look at where they are. That should be the blueprint for the Angels. Start moving your top guys and get back good talent to get you on the right track. Start hiring people within the organization that are gonna help you get there. You know, they need to start here though. I've been saying this for years, and we might maybe maybe be finally getting to that point. So we'll see. Now for the Red Sox and Neto, I think it's a great fit. I think it's a very good fit. Now, there are some deficiencies with Netto. Let me pull up the stack cast page. So I was all over Twitter here today. I was looking around, poking around. I was seeing what people were having to say. I was seeing positives I was seeing negatives and for me, I'm yeah, listen, no player is perfect at the end of the day. Well, I guess you know, I guess you could say Otani pretty much. But for the most part, ever, guys, even like Otani, they are gonna have their flaws. Netto has definitely had some flaws. Now, as you can see here, we do see quite a lot of blues. He is barreling up the ball quite a bit this year. He is walking a good amount as well, but there has been a dip. The bat of ball profile has dipped since last year. You go back to twenty twenty four. Actually he went up last year, but then there's been a deficiency this year with the bat ball metrics going back down a little bit. However, he has still been able to figure out. Even with the batted ball going down a little bit, he's still got nineteen home runs on the year. That ranks near the top when it comes to shortstops in Major League Baseball the ops at seven seventy two. That's pretty solid for the most part. Now for the Red Sox, here's why I think the Red Sox view him as a guy that would be a good candidate to a good player within their organization, because well, what are the Red Sox been good at developing over the years more bat at ball, right, so being able to increase that exit velo a little bit. Yeah, they've changed the approach this year, but they've shown time and time again you know they can get more out of these guys, right, I mean, you look at Wilson Contreres having the best season of his career. That's just one example they probably in my opinion, I feel like those guys over there feel like, oh, they could make a couple of tweaks with Netto and they can get him straightened out a little bit, get him more towards that twenty twenty five season, and maybe even further than that. Again, he's only twenty five, so yeah, there are some things that he's got to do to start hitting the ball harder more consistently. But then you look at the discipline, this is something he could probably work on a little bit. Right. There is a lot of strong There is a lot of swing and miss here. There are a lot of strikeouts. Over thirty percent of the time he's swinging and missing, he's chasing out of the zone. He's not squaring up, so yeah, those are things that I think you're gonna have to get cleaned up a little bit. But with the Red Sox, you know, with how they've been able to go about things this year offensively, they've gone you know, yeah, they're still getting a little bit of well, at least over the last month or so, they're getting a bit more power from well. Wilson's been good all year, but you know, you're starting to see some more a few more home runs over the last month or so. But with the Red Sox have been very good at over the last month or so. Is getting the bat on the ball, making more contact, striking out less. So I am confident that if they bring netto in find a way to do it, that they could get him on a bit of a better track. I feel like, I feel strongly about that. But also too, he's still young. He's twenty five, turning twenty six soon. You know, there's a lot more room to grow there. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were able to get him right now. Defensively, this is a different conversation as well. He has a very good arm, so there's a plus, but the range has not been very good. I look at that profile and it screams third base to me. But obviously you got Caleb Durbin at third base right now, So yeah, he's great there. So, yeah, you do worry about that defense a little bit over its short I don't know. You know, that's a conversation, you know, does he end up staying at shortstop in his career? Does he move over to third or second base at some point? I don't know. When it comes to Neto and his field, you know, looking a little deeper. Defensive run saved wise, he's been better. He has that athleticism to make up for the inconsistencies. As you can see last year he had thirteen defensive runs saved. He's got two this year. But yeah, the range, it's inconsistent. He's definitely been goofing up a little bit. Could you know, the infield coaches there with the Red Sox, you know, maybe could they find a way to make a couple of tweaks defensively, maybe get a little bit better there. I don't know, Fielding wise, that is a bit of a concern in my opinion, especially at a position like short So yeah, that's definitely a conversation, of course, And then you also think about too, if you did bring in Netto, you know, and stories coming back eventually. I mean, let's say this hypothetically. Let's say they figure it out, they can get a deal done. How do you make that work? You know? So like, would Netto play short? Would story go back to short? You know, I got a couple of different arguments here. One story is the veteran, so he goes back to short. Netto's the new guy in town, so he moves over to second base. Okay, that's pretty simple. However, with story coming off the hernia, could you make the argument maybe it would be better for him to move over to second base. You need some range over there too, But it's not as demanding of a position as short. So because of him coming off the hernia, maybe second base would be better. What is going on in the chat? Oh? Not a good time to be uh for some breaking news? Well, I guess it's always a good time for breaking news. Hold on a second. What have we got here? I have some breaking news in the chat. Ladies and gente noaks trade. But hold on a second. Speaking of shortstops, Oh, they.
Speaker 2: Finally did it. They finally did it. There it is Franklinarius is getting to call the Worcester ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Franklinarius going up to Worcester. It is about freaking time. Oh it's been twenty five minutes. Well all right, well it's breaking news for me. Sorry, I'm talking zach netto over here. I had a planned show with me. When it comes to the live shows, I do try to pay attention to the chat as much as possible. When I got a planned outline, I tend not to look at the chat too much in the beginning. But I'm glad you guys got my attention. Thank you for the effort. Franklinarius going to the going to the WU socks. Uh needed to happen. It was absolutely needed to happen. It was a you know, I'm always gonna be the guy, you know, don't rush guys right, Let him get their seasoning, let them do what they gotta do. But holy cow, Arius has been He has been killing it this year. Looking at the numbers with Arius, he's hitting three nineteen at double A this year over seventy four games, seventy four games good amount, hitting three nineteen with the four h seven on base five eighty one of the slugging eighteen home runs. Arius is projecting to be a very good player. And listen, ladies and gentlemen, this is a very ear like that. The comparison to Zander Bogart's timeline wise, it's it's eerie because I believe Bogart's played around the same amount of games before he got to Triple A. I might be wrong about that. Hold, let me pull that up at double A back in twenty twelve or in twenty thirteen. Sorry, okay, he played fifty six games, Okay, So Arius was there a little bit longer. I do remember, if I recall, there was a I think Arius had been taken out of a game at some point. I wonder if that came into play a little bit. I feel like we never got like a concrete answer with that. People were speculating that maybe it was, you know, like a like a disciplinary kind of a thing. I don't know anyway, I wonder if whatever that was had anything to do with it. However, he's been performing. He's been great. So Xander, he played fifty six games back in twenty thirteen. Arius played about twenty more. So, but uh yeah, Arius is absolutely the real deal. He had always been great with the contact skills. The bat to ball was off the charts, a guy that never really he kept the strikeouts down so much, but also showed a good amount of a good amount of plate discipline too. This year though, he's walking fourteen percent of the time eleven percent of the time while also increasing his power. Good bat to ball, good plate discipline. But the power was something you wondered about with him, and they said, all right, hey, we got to get you in the weight room. We got to get that power going a little bit more. We got to get some pop going a little bit more. And he's already up to eighteen home runs. I believe he just had a home run today or yesterday. And you know what, you know, you could say, oh, you know, should he have been called up there sooner? You know, a few weeks ago. Listen, I am okay with not Russian guys. I'm really okay with it. And in the in the long run, that could end up being the best thing. We'll see how he does a triple A. But you know, all eyes are gonna be on him over the next month or so. Remember Peyton Toley. All eyes are on Peyton Toley. Last year when is he going to get the call? And then eventually he ended up helping out the Red Sox over the final month, final month and a half or so. Arius, I wonder if he's a guy that could end up coming up at some point. And you know, I also wonder too, you know, since we're talking about netto here, is it possible? I mean, I listen, I'm not saying to make Arius the starting shortstop by any means, but you know you can't but wonder, because you have so much depth within this organization, you kind of just wonder if that comes into play just a little bit. I will say, I wonder if you see a situation hypothet speaking of course, we're obviously nothing is concrete by any means, We're not even close. But let's say they found a way to bring a netto story. What you know, how does he look after the hernia? Could netto actually be some some good insurance here because you don't know what story's gonna look like. Obviously the performance was horrid, and yeah, you know, that injury definitely could have been coming into play. I wouldn't even say could, probably was most likely coming into play. With that he's trying to play through it. But could bringing a guy like Netto in be some good insurance here in case Story isn't performing. Let's say you bring a Netto and you know, Story comes back. Whatever. Let's just say, you know, Stories at short, Netto's at second however you did it, Story's not hitting. Arius is hitting well down at Triple A. Could you see a bit of a scenario where if that happens, Arius is hitting, you give him a call, kind of like with Bogarts in twenty thirteen, and then Bogarts ended up taking, you know, the starting job in the postseason by the Horns. You know, is there a bit of a similar situation possibly there maybe, but you know, I think Neto would be good insurance in the end. And let's say it does happen that way, Story has another year on his contract, Well, you kind of figure that out in the off season, right, you know, if Arius ends up coming up and there's a lot of i's here, by the way, a lot of ives, big ifs, just having fun. Yeah, you know, if that situation plays out, then you figure something out with Story in the off season, you know, and then who knows, you end up having maybe a middle infield of Netto and Arius for the next few years. So you figure it out. I see you in the chat seven Moonbeam. Netto is not good defensively, yeah, I mean there's definitely some deficiencies there, has a very good arm and he's very athletic out there, so he's able to make up for a lot of mistakes. But yeah, you do need to see some improvement. But I still think at the end of the day, you can nitpick all these little thing well, defense isn't a little thing, but you can nitpick right, and you can find deficiencies, you can find flaws. At the end of the day, though, zach Netto has been a three and a half wins above replacement player over the last couple of years, even with not so great defense. He's on pace this year to be again a three wins above replacement player on fangrafts. So at the end of the day, yeah, you can say all the defense isn't good, he strikes out too much. Well, hey, he's still overall, he's still a productive player. So and I completely left out one thing. Let's talk about this, getting back to the bat of zach Netto. I forgot to mention this. I mean, you think about how productive he's been with the Angels. Well, imagine how productive he could be at Femway Park. Look at that pole air percentage this year almost at thirty percent. He's near the top when it comes to his poll air percentage twenty four percent last year. The Green Monster already sounds like his best friend. He would fit great at Famiway Park. Imagine the results at Femway Park. Maybe clean up some of that defense a little bit, tried to at least, but he could be amazing at Family Park. Now, if we're to take a look at the expected home runs now, they would go down a little bit of Femway, however, sounds like a good amount of wallball if you ask me. Sounds like a good amount of extra base hits. If you ask me, I think you'd be a great fit of Family Park. I think Zach Netto. While yes, there are flaws, and yeah, you're gonna have people out there pointing it out, I'll say it one more time. Wins above replacement wise. He has been a productive player a three and a half average on fangrafts over the last few years. And I'll say this too, that is way better than what you've been getting at shortstop this year, the Red Sox rank dead last or at least right near the bottom when it comes to shortstop. Looking at the rankings twenty seventh overall in f war this year at shortstop of a zero point six, I would if you bring a netto he probably give He probably gives you at least a one over the final month or so. That's way better the way you mean, that's you've been getting half a war over the whole season. So no matter how you look at it, it's gonna be an upgrade. Get some things straightened out a little bit, put that swing at Femway Park, and yeah, you might have to put up with some defense a little bit, but he'd be a productive player. I think it'd be a great fit. Now when it comes to a trade, this is another reason why I think it makes sense, because the Red Sox line up on a trade. It's so obvious, like it's this is one of the easier blockbuster trades that I've I've seen before that you could put together. It just makes so much sense. Vents now Arius, he's not going anywhere. He is completely off limits. I've been told that behind the scenes, he's not going anywhere. However, you have a young another young shortstop in Marcelo Meyer, California native as well. Obviously we all know the deal with Meyer. It hasn't fully worked out up to this point. That I don't think that means he's going to be a bad player, but you feel like it just since he's come to Boston, just you know, getting drafted, He's had injuries. I don't know, just something hasn't clicked fully right. Even in the miners. You know, there were some you know, hitting against lefties, he was inconsistent with that, had some strikeout concerns on breaking pictures. We saw that in the at the major league level. So yeah, but he has shown you those flashes like great defensively the guys hit a couple of bombs like he really does. Has shown you that ceiling. It just hasn't fully worked out up to this point. He's been hurt too, so you almost wonder. I don't mean to say this in a negative way. I mean more so the best for him. What a change of scenery'd be the best thing for him, you know, go back to the West Coast where he grew up. I feel like that would be a nice fit for him and people might say he has no value. No, he has value. He was a top fifteen prospect last year. When you're that high in the rankings, like, there's a reason you're that high, Like, they're not just gonna put you in the top twenty on Baseball America's Top Baseball America's Top twenty pipeline. They're not just gonna put you up there for giggles. Oh he's smooth out there in the field. Oh yeah, he looks like a good ball. No, they're looking into everything. People out there think there was a lot of upside with him. I've been told that as well. Behind the scenes. A lot of a lot of people out there think so thinks there is a good amount of upside with him. It's just a matter of putting it together. So I think for an Angel's team, for an Angel's organization, if they could get back a future shortstop like Meyer with the ceiling that he has, I think that's a great place to start. And you could also get more with him. You can get back some picting. So this is where it could get a little uncomfortable in my opinion, Like Meyer seems like the obvious candidate to include, and actually I think there was even something in this article. I think Meyer was even listed in here. Ah, the Angels almost certainly would want multiple young players in return. Marcelo Meyer, who opened the season as the Red sox starting second baseman, could be one of them. And we've been hearing weird stuff about Meyer. I mean, going back how long now. It just popping up in a couple of rumors. I think the Diamondbacks we had one story like a month ago asking Craig got asked if he was t so like there is I don't know. There's smoke around that. So I think you could start a package with Meyer. Now again, the pitching, this is where it could get uncomfortable. I think it would either be Anthony Iinsten or Connolly Early. I don't think totally's going anywhere. There's just they've been so high on him. I don't I don't see it. I think for the it would This is how I'd like to think about it. It would come down to maybe the Angel's preference. I think, I don't know. I know the Red Sox love both. That's where I think it gets a little uncomfortable. You know, Connolly Early. If the Angels wanted a major league arm that could you put in the rotation right now? I mean, okay, the power to them Anthony if they or if they'd rather go the route of a guy that hasn't started his clock yet in Anthony Ironston, who's moved up into the top fifty on pretty much all of the prospect rankings out there. So it's kind of like, would they want a bit more ceiling or would they want a bit more floor ironsin er Early. So I think that would come down what the Angels would want. So I don't know, you wonder if they did go to the Connolly Early route. I mean, you have Mike Maddox as the pitching coach there. I'm not sure what the you know, what's the future outlook of him staying with the Angels, But I mean that'd be a great situation for a guy that's already at the major league level to work with a pitching coach like that. So I think you go either way. I mean, they're both pretty much right around the same whatever, We'll just say. I Andsen could go either way, and just with those two, you're right there, like you're already there. So it's just a matter of like what, you know, what else do you need, yeah, like a couple more you know, lower level prospects. Do you know, do you possibly include Witherspoon, do you include Henry Godbout? Like, could you do? You know, a couple of guys a little lower there and maybe you got something done. You know, you also could maybe think about I've mentioned this as an idea too, and I think this comes down to what ends up happening with Roman this year. But could you have yourself a situation where one guy that we've talked about that you maybe could argue could use exchange of scenery is Jared Duran, another West Coast guy, So you know, if they could I mean, let's say they did Meyer early and Duran, I mean they're getting cost controlled major league talent back. You know, Duran slow is a couple more years left, you know, Like, I wonder if you could include someone like him in this kind of a deal where he's lost a lot of value, You wonder, I don't know, does Craig feel like he would have a better shot at getting more for him? You know, maybe if they in the off season, if they kept him. I don't know that, but that's also dependent on what happens with Roman. I think you could also argue too, though, if even if Roman doesn't come back, Masa's been the he's been the better hitter than Duran. Duran's been really good in the outfield. He's been good defensively. He's actually been driving in some runs. I'll say that he's been doing things. It's just not the most flashy. You know, he's getting the sack flies. You know he's he's giving you speed, but you know that slash line the ops, it's just way down. So I don't know you could, I guess do that. You could make Masa your everyday left fielder, but then you're risking the defense out there, So I don't know that. Duran, I think it's possible you could include him in a deal like this, but I think a lot of that would ride to on what's going on with Roman. If Roman was coming back, then like that's easy. You know, Roman goes out to left field and you're done. So but yeah, I mean basically, my point though, is there's a bunch of different ways to do this, and you already have the two building blocks to start this. With Marcella Meyer, who was a top fifteen prospect last year. Five more years of control. You could go either Iron Center Connolly Early. I think one of those guys makes sense, and then you just figure out the rest. I think this is pretty easy. This is not very complicated. I think the more complicated thing is how do you make it all fit? That I think is the big question. I think this trade just makes too much sense. I think it just lines up so perfectly. Not this exactly on the screen, but you start here and then you figure it out a little bit more. So we'll see how that goes. It's gonna be very interesting though. It's gonna be interesting. But ladies and gentlemen, we are going to take a quick break, gonna take a quick little breather, and then uh, we're gonna talk about the Mark Fine song article. And then we'll hang out with the chat a little bit. We'll have some fun, but we'll bear back.
Speaker 3: Godfather, are you hitting some games this summer?
Speaker 1: What's the deal? Oh? Of course?
Speaker 4: And it's real simple, Scotty Braun. You know how it is. You go to seat Geek and you can find any deal you want in any section you want, even if the game sold out. Go to seat Geek and you'll find something that you love, affordable for your family that you can enjoy anywhere, anytime, at any ballpark and stadium you want enjoy it. It's the best opportunity to go see a beautiful game of.
Speaker 3: Baseball, and that's the thing that you can be so last minute. Sea Geek is the official ticket marketplace of Major League Baseball. They have you covered for all of your baseball ticket needs the entire summer. They also have over seventy thousand events on sea Geek that includes concerts, festivals, all kinds of sporting events.
Speaker 1: So go check it out right now, FTFAM.
Speaker 3: The code is Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at sea Geek. That's ten percent off with promo code Territory one zero. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and then the code automatically is added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, let's get back to it here. Let's get back to it. I actually saw a couple of comments in the chat. There's actually a good one here, John and the chat Brandon Ward would give you the same production as Jared Duran bradon Wards. That's an interesting guy down in the minor leagues. You remember he was making some noise in spring training, and you're a wonder could this guy make the opening day roster. He had a whole ton of speed. He was tearing it up. I mean, goodness gracious, So he was having a heck of a spring and he's a guy with a ton of speed. He's got a three seventy three on base extra pla right now. I mean, he's not gonna be this power guy, but he's a guy that puts the bat on the ball, he gets on base, and he's got forty stolen bases right now. So you know, you kind of wonder could he be involved if there were a trade for Netto, could he be involved in some way, shape or form. I mean, shoot, could you even maybe include him in a trade? I don't know. But or if you if you did move Duran, you know, could you call him up? I don't know. It's interesting. I tend to kind of forget about bradon Ward a little bit because he's just been down in the minors. But because of the speed that he has, he's a dynamic player, so interesting to pay attention to, even whatever ends up happening. I wonder if he could end up helping the Red Sox at some point just because of the speed, I'll say, I'll so this in the chat. I'm seeing people saying TD in the shat, I would take Jeremy Pania over Netto. Here's the problem with Paynya. The Astros are not gonna move Painia. It takes the Here's the number one rule of a trade. Number one rule. Please listen to this, everybody. It takes two to tango. You gotta have one team being willing to trade a guy. You can't go up to him, bang on the door, grab him by the shirt and say you're gonna give me that guy, and no, you're not gonna. And if they say, all right, fine give us Arias. Sorry, well you're not doing that. But you gotta you gotta be match up as trade partners. The Astros never trade their guys. They just don't do it. He's an everyday shortstop. They don't have anyone to fill in. Jim Crane always wants to compete. Yes, I know, Jeremy Paania, New England Native would be a great story. I would love that. That's great, It's dandy. I can see the story books being written now. But I don't see the Astros moving him. I'd be surprised if they did. So. Yeah, but TD they might be out of the playoffs, but they got next year. They Jim Crane wants to compete every year, just saying I don't think they're gonna move him. It doesn't matter if they're out of the playoffs. And you got to look at how organizations run themselves. It's every every organization is different. You look at and you just if you want to just go based off of the history. The Astros never trade anyone. They've had a couple of opportunities where you thought, oh man, maybe they could maybe they could move a guy, you know, like Bregman, I think Framber they were popping up as possible options at one point. Nope, they move those guys. So yeah, I don't know. I don't think Paynya is gonna get moved. That's just listen. I would like it, Hey, I'm all about it. Jeremy Payne, that'd be cool. I'd like that, and he'd fit fed with work very well, good defensively. But another thing about Payna too is he's had some injuries. He's he's been on the I l quite a few times. Think Netto had an injury at one point last year, but Paina, he's been on the I l a little bit more often. So that's something also to think about. So let me get to a couple of super chats. I think we had a couple of those. Let me get those pull we had two super chats. What do we got here? Let me make that a little smaller. Let me do of course it disappeared. Can you see the Red Sox doing a multiple prospect for someone like Salas or another high prospect. I don't think the Padres would move Salas. I haven't even thought about that. I mean they've they've shown the willingness to do something like that, right with Bennett and peral Us. I think Craig he's just he's always looking for opportunities out there. If there's something pops up. Sure, I don't think. I don't know, have the deadline. You usually don't see stuff like that. But maybe we got all the super chat here from Aiden. What's going on? Man? I would say A sneaky name that hasn't come up yet for the Red Sox is Spencer Steer. I believe he'd be able to transition to second base if needed. Didn't he play some infield at some point? I think he wasn't he playing? Yeah, he's he's a utility guy. That's interesting, yas he's mostly he's mostly played first this year. I always think of him in the outfield. That's just kind of where I always picture him, you know. But yeah, I think that's actually a pretty sneaky name. I would agree. Let me actually pull up the stat cast. He's got the right handed bat, He's got some pretty bad at ball data, and then uh, yeah, he's got a good pull air percentage two. Oh man, that's interesting. And you kind of wonder maybe with his versatility, you know, the Red Sox like guys like that, and he's got a little bit of control. Interesting. I never really thought of Spencer Steer. That's a good one though, and you wonder at Famway Park that might actually be a pretty good fit. I mean, I think if you're thinking about, like with Netto, he's got a higher ceiling right now, Steer would be you know, you give you a good floor, but you wonder if maybe you can maximize him at Femway a little bit. The home runs would come down sixteen this year, that would go down to nine at Famway, but you play some wallball, right, Yeah, I think that's the name to look out for. Yeah, I mean I've definitely been thinking about him as a candidate for other teams. The one thing with Steer is actually he's been raking against left handed pitching. He's hitting three forty two against the lefties, only hitting two to eleven against righty's. So he's basically like a very versatile Rome Gonzalez. So you kind of wonder, I don't know, is that like something do they want to add, you know, like with Netto, that's a guy that you know, he goes up, he goes he plays every day. So I don't know, do they want to add another like right handed bat. That's the only question I have there. But I mean the profile it fits. So yeah, he's hitting three forty two against lefties. He's got a one four WRC plus against lefties. Holy cow, guy's raking lefties. So yeah, I mean I wouldn't count it out completely because he has like the pro file and you'd have him until for two more seasons. That's interesting. Yeah, I'd say keep your eye on him. I don't think that's completely out of the question. Moving on here we got let me get to this last super chat from Alex. I know it's not possible, but Bobby Wig Junior, I saw that floating around here today. Where did I see that here today? I can't find the right screen hold on where did this go? There? It is? Yeah, Bobby Wick Junior. Of course, who wouldn't want Bobby Wick Junior to be amazing? My goodness, I'd be doing cartwheels if we got someone like him. Here's the thing, though, well, the Royals. First off, I don't think they're gonna trade him. But actually I don't think the Red Sox would be able to afford him unless you actually sent back I think you would have. This might sound a little odd, but I think you would have to send back SETI in that kind of a deal, right, young cost control player who's looked really good this year. I feel like you would have to send him back. You'd have to send back SETI. You would have to send back Arius. You'd have to send back either totally or early at least, because that's an organization that the Royals they want to compete too. They're not just gonna get rid of Bobby Wick Junior. That's a star player. So yeah, Ben Ashman, we're not trading our MVP and Arius. This is Bobby Witck Junior. This is Bobby Wick Junior. I don't know if have you checked the numbers. I'm Bobby Wick Junior. He is a top three player in the game every year. Yeah, you're gonna have to send back SETI. You're gonna to send back Arius and a lot more. It's gonna take a lot more than that. Bobby Wick Jr. I would say value wise, trade value wise. Let me just show you again, baseball trade values. It's not the end all be all, but they're very good at when it you know, the fundamentals of a trade for value of a player when you consider all things. Looking at the Royals and looking at Bobby Wick Jr. H feast your eyes on this value. Yeah, you're you're you're at a very high point right there. So that's gonna be very difficult to acquire. So yeah, you want to put them on the red SOX, let's try throwing this together again. Yeah, it would take a boatload to get this guy. So you need two hundred and fifty million dollars a surplus value. All right, We've got to start going down the list. So, yeah, Seti, he has a very high value, but he's not Bobbywick Junior. So you got to start there, Franklin Aarius, There you go, top prospect of the game. Still not even close. Bobbywick Junior is easily a top three player in the game on a pretty good contractor I don't think his uh, I don't think his contract. When does that start kicking in? Let me go to the Royals payroll. I wish there was a way I could look at I can't find it. I wish there was a way to look at the contract on their page. Yeah, Bobby Wick Junior for the next two years, he's making under twenty million dollars and he's giving you he's almost at a five war right now, and we still got more time. I mean yeah, over the last three years, he's easily been one of the best players in baseball. So yeah, I know, of course, like, yeah, I'm not trading I wouldn't want to trade Seti. He's been great, But in this conversation, you would have to for Bobby Wit because you you wouldn't be able to make up the value. So that is that on that Moving on here, we got a few more things to talk about, a few more things to talk about. We got another super chat aiden. What's going on one ninety nine. What are your thoughts on Casey Schmidt? I like Casey Schmid. I don't think the Giants are going to move him though. The Giant that's another team that wants to compete, so he's got a lot of control left. They want to have him for the next couple of years, next few years because he's turned into a solid player and he's cheapanizations like good players that are cheap, so pro Cannon. I might be late, but did you hear about the Justin Gonzales That was pretty crazy. I'd be scared to death if I see the giant hand of Justin Gonzalez coming down to to to smack me across the head. That catcher that that guy had, That guy had some had some had some guts to start parking at Justin Gonzales. That's a scary man. Man, oh man. Yeah, he's been hitting great. Yeah you can talk about that whole thing that happened in that game, but he's been hitting great. I wonder if he ends up getting called up at some point to double a. So moving on here, we got one more thing to talk about, and then we'll take a look at the chat for a second. Here we go MLB dot Com. So right now, so Mark Fine sond Uh. He's talking about deadline plans for all the teams, and then he goes on to talk about the Red Sox. Of course, he says the primary need remains a right handed bat, preferably at catcher, either Middlandfield or DH adding a high leverage leaver is also on Boston's wish list, while a starting pitcher could also be in the cards. The starting picture one is interesting because you know, you think of, you know, the Red Sox with all the injuries lately. I mean, you might be the first thought you might have had was, really, we need more starting pitching where DoD you have so much starting pitching, but you've just had a lot of injuries. So you kind of wonder if, you know, they end up going for a guy. I think if they did, it would be someone cheap. It would be like some kind of a rental guy like I could see Foster Griffin on the Nationals, like he would be a rental. You have that relationship with Tiboni obviously, so if you needed a guy that you know to give you some insurance sinnings down the stretch. Yeah, I think that's that guy kind of fits that category. He's having a pretty solid year. You know. I've seen some opinions like maybe go after someone like Waka Bring Bring walk a home Red Sox legend right, one of Hein Bloom's better moves that he's made. Yeah, I mean, if I were to go down this list here, just looking at Jeff Passon's top twenty five, I would imagine it's not going to be any of these like top Start, you know, Redebtmer's No, I don't think, you know, maybe Casey Mice, but what do the Tigers do? I could maybe see someone like Casey Mice. He's good though, he's talented. It would for a rental, it would cost a decent amount. Like Clay Holmes, He's definitely getting some interests. So I don't know if the Red Sox would want to tap into that market. I mean Casey Mice too, he would have a good market. I could see the Red Sox not wanting to get involved for an expensive starting picture. So like Kevin Gosman, if you can't beat him, trade for him, he's but he's gonna get a lot of interest, so yeah, Like I don't know, I could see them going after like a low key kind of a guy. So like Foster Griffin, they have him here at number twenty six. I don't see prool to. I could see even though he's had a down year, I could see a bit of a market there, like Waka. I mean, he's a really good veteran on a good contract, so I feel like he would get a good amount of interest. I don't know if the Red Sox would want to entertain that, like Robbie Ray two, Like these are guys that can start postseason games, right, I think the Red Sox would rather go after innings. Bring Let's bring Dustin May home, Ladies and gentlemen, Let's bring him home, Jack Flaherty, let's do that.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Like I'm looking here, like I don't know Brady Singer, Like I feel like that could be a move, Like I'm not sure what kind of a market he's gonna get.
Speaker 1: He's had a bad year, so like that kind of fits the bill to me. Someone cheap, someone that maybe you can help turn around a little bit, you know, maybe tap into some possible ceiling or go for floor like Griffin if I'm looking elsewhere here, Bubick, he's always got injury problems. Yeah, like kind of one of those guys, you know, like someone cheap, someone that's not gonna take a lot of prospects to get someone to just give you winnings. I know I've said that like a million times. So yeah, I mean, let me listen. We've already talked about trade candidates. Obviously Netto is the star of the show here today, but yeah, right handed, Batt, I'll touch on the Cattre part before I do, though, now I'll get to that in a second. But Catcher, Like, here's the thing I've talked about this. Yeah, I would love to have someone like Shay Langliers or Hunter Goodman. Right. I just it's hard to see catchers getting traded in season. Yeah we had Victor Martinez, but you just don't see it very often. And uh, I think the A's would still like to try and work towards a possible extension. I know you got Boris, but I feel like they would still like to try and get that figured out because that'd be a great player to have signed up for the long haul. When you go to Vegas. So yeah, I feel like it ends up being someone for the middle infield. You know, I did make a tweet today about Luis a Rise. I don't know the more I think about it. With a Rise, I know he says right handed bat here, But if you didn't, you know, want to lean so much into looking for a righty, then yeah, like a Rise put him at the time of the order. He solves the leadoff spot. He kind of mixes into what the Red Sox have been doing. More back to ball. You know, he's having a great year. He's he's always hit well at Feblely Park and he's a good defender at second base. So a Rise minus you know, if you if you are preferring a righty, me checks off kind of all the boxes that you need. Minus that solves the leadoff spot, gives you a consistent option at second base two. So yeah, and then you know with Romy him and Romy that they share second base in DH. So everybody, we're going to take one more quick break and then we'll hang out with the chat. I'll be right back.
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by Fan Duel Baseball Fans. Think you know who's hitting a homer today, Well, fan duel is giving you a free chance to call your shot with Daily Dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. You've got nothing to lose and a lot to gain, and don't forget you can make a free pick every day all season long. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home for home runs. So are you ready to play your game today? Join all the action at FanDuel dot com slash podcast. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast to play Daily Dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer. Playball and swing for the fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 7: Twenty one plus select states for Kansas and affiliation with Kansas Star Casino eighteen plus DC Kentucky, Wyoming. No purchase necessary, opt in required, bonus issued is non withdrawable. Profit boost tokens restrictions supply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com gambling problem called one eight hundred. Gambler Call one eight hundred my reset one eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven. Visit CCPG dot org, slash chat Connecticut, visit MD gambling heelp dot org. Maryland visit gambling Helpline m A dot org. Call eight hundred and three to two seven five zero five zero, Massachusetts call one eight seven seven eight hope and.
Speaker 1: Why text hope and why. New York call one eight.
Speaker 7: Seven seven seven seven zero seven eight six seven Louisiana.
Speaker 1: All right, back to the chat. Hang out here for a second. J L. Robbie, what do you think of the deadline? If we got a rise, Langleiers, Freddy Pearlt. I mean, yeah, it'd be a few solid moves right there. In my opinion, I will say this like a rise, I do see the fit there. Minus you know again, if you are looking for a righty, he'd be a lefty. But you know, I see the fib But he's not my top choice for me. I think you know we've already talked about it with Neto. You already know he's gonna bring you at least, you know, right around a three war. So so that's already good, that's already gonna be an upgrade over what you have now. But then you could possibly tap into more ceiling with him. So that's kind of where I would prefer Neto personally, and you'd have him for the next few years. So yeah, again, the more I think about it, you know, with Arius going up to triple A, Neto I think would be some good insurance, you know, to just in case of story like doesn't come back and he's able to produce. That's already gonna be a lot to ask, you know, the fact that he hasn't played major league games in a little bit, it could be tough when he comes back, you know, So yeah, go with the uh. I see people say zach Netto is the younger Trevor story. Well all right, well put in the younger Trevor story for Trevor stories. But yeah, I do see the similarities with him and the story obviously the strikeouts, but I don't know. And the you know, defense has been weird. That's I think that's the best way to say it. At short. It's just weird defense because he makes good plays, but he's just not very consistent. So but h Ben Robbie a couple of names. I'm floating for the Red Sox that nobody's talking about. Elliott Ramos, Luke Weaver, Daniel Lynch. I love Luke Weaver. I think he just brings good vibes like I love Bullpen guys like that. You know, I'd love I'd always love Luke Weaver. Daniel Lynch is interesting. I wonder if the Royals could possibly pair him with Lane Thomas as a package, you know, to kind of you know, you could probably you could probably get something decent. But if a team needed a right handed bat, you know, Thomas, he's a platoon player. Se'm not gonna get a ton for him. But if you put those two guys together, that's I think pretty good. So maybe the Red Sox could I don't know, well, no, you wouldn't get Lane Thomas, but you know, Lanch could be a could be an option, and then Elliott Ramos. Maybe the Giants are interesting. I actually wonder, you know, how motivated are they going to be to try and move some of those contracts. I wonder if maybe they could attach some prospects to some of those contracts possibly, you know, I was thinking about this the other day, like the Cardinals got heim Bloom. We remember with Heim Bloom. One example, Jackie Bradley Junior. They brought him and his contract from the Brewers with a couple of prospects, David Hamilton and ah the other prospect is it was a third baseman? Well, who is that other prospect? He was a lefty bat third baseman? Who was that? Does anyone in the chat have it? Who is the other prospect that got attached to Jackie Bradley Jr. With David Hamilton? Thank you, Alex Binalis. I could not think of that name. But yeah, Like I wonder if Heim maybe does something like that where instead of giving up prospects where they've been really rebuilding that farm, instead of giving up prospects at this point, why not just take on a contract like Matt Chapman and even and possibly even get some prospects. You know, I wonder, I wonder if Heim could do something like that with the Cardinals Austin. Is it worth calling Arizona for Katl? Probably not? At this point they're in contention. Uh, Josea Bray, you what do you think of a rise for second base, a power bat and a lefty for the bullpen? I mean, yeah, that's a lot of good moves, right there, A lot of good moves at the end of the day. Though, remember we got a temper expectations with Craig Breslo. The last two deadlines have not been great. You know. Well, I will say the first deadline, at least he made a lot of moves. At least he was productive. I'll give him that. They just didn't really work out. And Danny Jansen, you know, I remember that you're looking for the right handed bat, and I'm like, Danny Janssen, like I felt like that was a little too cute, you know, like I felt like they could have really shot for more there. So I don't know, hopefully he's learned his lesson from that. And then like Dustin May, I think they were trying to shoot big and and then obviously that didn't work out, so they pivoted to Dustin May. And Yeah, so hopefully a couple of bad deadlines is good for Craig here and hopefully he can come up with something good. We'll see extra. Will THEO be handling the deadline behind the scenes? All right? Who knows? Yeah, you know, THEO is he's always gonna be there. He's always going to be involved somehow bear how much of the payroll of the Padres trying to shed? I don't know. The Padres are interesting. I don't know what's going on with them. I do wonder because aj Preller always wants to compete. If you moved Mason Miller, you'd get back a big package, and they still have good bullpen arms there, so like that's interesting. They have Morahan as well. That could be a good trade candidate. He wouldn't get you nearly as much as Miller would, but he get you by something. So yeah, John Breslow, he was too focused on Joe Ryan. But you know, hey, hopefully these experiences and these lessons end up being good for him and hopefully he can come up big. But again, you gotta temper the expectations with Breslo. But I'd rather at least feel that way now and then have a happy surprise. So that's kind of how I'm thinking about it right now. So that's where I don't know, is neddo Is that? Is that shooting too high? So like in the chat, I'll get back to the super chat with Spencer Steer, Like you know, we're all thinking Neto, right now is this year's Joe Ryan, Like he has become the Joe Ryan of the Red Sox trade deadline from last year. So but like you kind of wonder if Nedo is the ceiling, do you end up getting a guy like Steer who is a right handed bat. He can place some infield, you know. So that's where like if they got someone like Steer, I wouldn't be surprised about that anyway. Uh, Anthony thought on thoughts on the deadline, Brady Singer, Jonah Him, and Zach Netto interesting. I mean Jonah Heim's interesting too. I feel like they wouldn't go with him because if you're gonna go get a catcher, you go get Langleyer's a good one. I mean, you are getting by with Netto or not ned with Wong and Bias. That's getting the job done, especially defensively and with the pitching staff. If you're gonna go for a guy, you go get a guy that's gonna be a big improvement with the bat. My vote would be Langleyar's because he gives you something both sides of the ball. So I don't see Jonah Him. Yeah, Brady Singer, I could see like a depth guy and then uh yeah, ned O, Yeah, Nedo. To me, is is a very obvious choice. John Bresla needs to throw a wide net. Yeah yeah, I mean he always does. He's always gonna put a lot out there. Ryan might be a shocker, but give me a little. Alejandro kirk ooh man, the Blue Jays I had like I was worried about, like after that the Blue Jays made that run last year, I'm thinking, oh no, we got to deal with this Blue Jays team for the next like good two to three years now, and they just wow, they just fell apart. I thought, man, you're bringing Dylan Cees. You bring in Kazuma Okamoto. Man, remember when we were all like hoping for Okamoto. Remember guys would come off the board and we're like, all right, next Backstoption, all right Okamoto. But Okamoto was a guy that you're like, all right, yeah, his his his profile that would fit fem way. He's he's having a good year. But I'm good. I'm good with mister uh, mister Caleb Durbin Ben. His story should be back in a few weeks, and I think he's gonna play well. I hope. So. I love Trevor's story the guys. He's a great guy. He's a hard player, so like I hate when he's hurt. That would be great if he comes back and he's hitting all right, awesome, awesome. So again, though, I still wonder if they look for insurance. You just never know. You never know, and it's such a tough ask man when you know. That's why I don't even want to say he's gonna play well. I'm not saying he's gonna play bad, but I don't even want to have those expectations because that is sexually a tough ask. The guy had a hernia surgery out for a while. I mean, just you know, I don't even want to put those expectations on him. I don't think that's fair, you know, because that's a lot to ask. Major League baseball is really hard. I don't know from experience, but obviously it is. So yeah, I don't know. I hope he comes back and plays well, but I'm not gonna expect it. So we'll see. But everybody, I think I'm gonna wrap it up right there. I'm gonna wrap it up right there. I went way longer than I wanted to here tonight. I was hoping maybe like thirty minutes and this turned into an hour. So I am done. This was supposed to be an off day. I'm supposed to be relaxing, and all of a sudden we had this story here today. I'm like, all right, I gotta go live. So Christopher in the chat, it's bold to assume Ardie Moreno will trade netto You're right, I, like I said at the start of the show, though, the one difference. One difference is John Moze. Look, that guy has a lot of run, he has a lot of poll. He's been in Major League Baseball a long time. So if Moreno, if there's a guy in that organization that he will listen to, well, I mean, obviously you just brought him in, but a guy that's had a lot of experience in Major League baseball. If John Moze Loock is telling him we need to do this, like we gotta stop trying to do what we've been doing. And I actually wonder if that, if that is the route the Angels end up going. You kind of wonder, like when they had the initial conversation, like is that something that mozay Lock brought up to him, Like listen, I don't want to I don't want to come there and like just do the same old like we gotta you gotta do it differently, you know. So I don't know, it's it'll be. It's very interesting to see what the angels are gonna do. I hope they do, not just I don't want to see them bad. I want to see them get back on the right track. But I'm out here. Everybody, if you kind of the way out, hit that like button for me. If you are and you just finding us for the first time, think about subscribing. We've got a lot of trade deadline stuff coming up over the next couple of weeks. It's gonna be fun. This is only the start ladies and gentlemen. But yeah, we'll be back here tomorrow. Game time seven ten Eastern times, so we'll be here around ten pm tomorrow night. We'll see that