Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kate Berlance, I'm Jacqueline Novak.
Speaker 2: And this is poog, an ongoing conversation about wellness between two obsessive friends, two untamable intellects. This is our hobby, this is our hell.
Speaker 1: This is our naked desire for free products. This is poog. Today's topics Loolie Speaking, pug Hold Barley, Jordan, Gordon Levitt. Hi, Okay, Hi so much, so much already.
Speaker 2: Okay, first of all, I'm finally in a in a I'm in a pretty normal place.
Speaker 1: I guess, just kidding, Okay, sorry, what do you mean? Just I'm and I wanted to know. I was like, maybe I could guess. No, No, I told you I don't have hi.
Speaker 2: Oh, I took Yes, I took a microdose of mushrooms. So I took a micro dose a couple of days ago. That was unbelievable. And I was, you know, reading, and I was in my journal and I was like, access to God.
Speaker 1: That is great. And then this morning and these are branded, these are not in a plastic baggy from a No. Actually the day was literal mushroom, like an actual mushroom. The one gave me up the other day. Yeah, the other day. Take a tiny, tiny amount how much sub perceptual, I mean, so classic. I'm talking about a quarter amount, a quarter of a finger for it being tiny, smaller than a quarter of a fingernail, like a tiny amount.
Speaker 2: A thumb or a pinky. By the way, my pinky smaller than the average pinky. Yeah, less than your pinky. Okay, okay. So, and then I took and I don't want to say the brand name because I don't want to. It almost could be disparaging because there's a couple mushroom brands that have sent stuff and I love it, but I'm also very sensitive. Whatever the point is, I took the low I don't think it's disparaging. Okay, great, because I love only reactions to stuff, just because it's different than what you're disparaging.
Speaker 1: Okay, flow dose. I'm trying, Heather beautiful. Had they sent because I'm open to receiving, Okay, great if they sent. If I said no in the past, I just don't know. I mean plant based. Maybe well knows how my biochemistry is going to change all the med's gone. Maybe we'll see. I'm scared.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I took the lowest, lowest dose. One and proceeded to get extremely high, to the point nothing negative. I want to be clear, wasn't panicking. I wasn't anxious. I wasn't like I don't want this.
Speaker 1: It was just body, very high, empty stomach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coffee, that's what you're supposed to do, and I guess it's get the most out of it.
Speaker 1: Who knows, I don't know. I just always think of you doing it on empty stomach. But is it one milligram or just the number one?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I guess it's one hundred one hundred mgs. There's like three tier it's like one hundred three hundred.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I never measure this stuff. Again, I'm going by like a mushroom that I put in my mouth. Sometimes I was outrageously high, and it was it was positive though, but it was really just like yeah, and I was like sitting on my front patio watching birds bees, you know, but like drinking water. I've been drinking a ton of water. I had watermelon. I was like, I'm dehydrated. I made umabushi plum tea. I was like, right, I need to hydrate. The word bochey at me recently. Yeah, and now sorry.
Speaker 1: The people want to know, because if it's a fruit, right, isn't it technically like a tincture or something.
Speaker 2: It's a highly it's a highly pickled, super salty. It's a plum that's been pickled, salted, and you put it. It's like a you know, boiling water. It's really salty. It's really nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, So also have all kinds of healing principles. All right, well, I'm gonna want to make it. Properties producer can make a note for me to try it later. Yeah, totally anyway, so I will not be left in the dust.
Speaker 2: But I was feeling again, never unpleasant, just in It's like to the point where I was like, no I could, I would never drive right now, I would never and I and and so I'll say my partner had taken one level up double my dose. They were feeling but they were kind of fine. But then you know what happened. Unbelievable insights. Conversations were like we're like our eyes are welling up. We're talking about our childhoods, you know, I mean, which is it's not like we don't do that with nothing in us, you know, but like it just we were having just like we were just having a great time.
Speaker 1: We were watching the animals by animals, I mean birds, say our animals, the birds, and the beas person bees, and it was really great.
Speaker 2: And then I was feeling but I was feeling very because they had to buy a squirrel.
Speaker 1: So I.
Speaker 2: Am loving it, you know, having fun, making out talking.
Speaker 1: It's getting this.
Speaker 2: Is actually getting too personally. But the point is having a great time.
Speaker 1: But but but but I have a handyman at the house today and he's actually in the area. Okay, so here's the thing. I started to get the feeling of extreme like, oh no, I have to like handle like an adult situation. And I was like, and I always have to like oops, yeah, yeah, where I'm like imagining him, like you didn't explain him to the house, and we're like, rather we have like jazz. We're like blasting jazz in the house, like eating while like kissing talking. It's like get a job you too, you know, it's just ridiculous anyway, So yeah, but he and there's a really I think this is quite I mean Los Angeles, a lot of people were exactly absolutely I'm sure. I mean, me with my with my headphones on with the microphone can you imagine. So yeah, okay, he sees thanks, you're talking to Cno, So it was I just mean he could you know, he might not think you're just a hippie artist. Of course, you know, it probably looks like I'm on the phone with you know, headquarters h Q. But the point is that it's settled and find out.
Speaker 2: And then I was just having kind of the classic lovely you know, chopping food and writing in my journal and then texting you.
Speaker 1: Things like.
Speaker 2: I'm dealt with the masks, you know, I'm ready to talk about my life.
Speaker 1: All of this, and then well you just texted a lot of glory and I go. And then I was loving it. I'm like, she finally sees stuff about us, because I was like, oh god, oh god, is it the mushrooms? Will these big plans for us? No? No, the mushrooms open. It's fine. But also the mushrooms.
Speaker 2: And here's what I'll say, micro dost mushrooms like. And now I'm at the micro level. Here's what allows you to do sending texts I've been putting off for what reason? Hey, I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you. Blah blah blah blah, blah, and I saw that this happened in your life. Congratulations, Like, do you know what I mean? Heart opening? Well, if that is part of it, that's a huge part of it. Then flow dose a huge part of the po box. Yeah, a huge part of it, the poog po box. If that is it a feeling of heart, but ye, safe to communicate with others that thinking it'd be pulled it down into it.
Speaker 1: I think so there's I think there's I think it allows that into their webs. Yeah, or just like I don't know, it combats reclusivity, I think, or like that's even as that's even a really dramatic way to say it, but I think, yeah, I can. I mean again, people say heart opening, but it just kind of is true. We're just like, oh, I didn't know others said that. I thought it was just you. No, just that's what the others say. I was me using the language of the others. But but I felt myself in a kind of like classic like high person way, like the the Handyman. Yeah, like there was a moment where I also realized talking to him that my fly was down, and it's like who cares? But something about it felt so for a fly being down is like it's no longer like class it was. It was the fear of society for a very long time, somewhich so that I still I do this. And I remember hearing comedian and writer Jesse Klein talking about this on stage, and I've never so now I think of her whenever I do it. But yeah, every time I walk into a room, I like fly and raise my own fly with my fingertips to check that it's closed, like doing any room. It was so amazing. At home, I'm known as the pantsless Wonder. Yeah okay, but no out and I could never find pants.
Speaker 2: But I found this moment where he passed in front of the window, wasn't looking in, but I was chopping and had briefly stopped and was looking out the window, and then I saw him and I just started to like pretend to chop, like being a watch, like being watched.
Speaker 1: It was like five performing a woman and a home kind of like it's like I had been chopping, So who cares if I pretend to Like you just sat there, if you like if you pass the window and you just held his gaze with your arms down at your sides like this is the performance, you know, like like the language of public performance, right, like like how we know, I know we both studied this, but like what what behavior is part of the transaction that is acceptable and what is not? And you learn it and then you do it and then if you try to actively take it away, I mean chaos, it's incredible, Like like what if your hands were tied down at the sides, okay, and he didn't know that and all you could see was like the lack of your arms moving if you were just standing there like you know, or if he came in and like isn't it amazing?
Speaker 2: Like we know, like if right now he came in and you glanced at him and then like you know, you glanced to the right and you just kept glancing.
Speaker 1: Hmm, that would be insane. Okay, of course I know. Microscopic the actions are and it's so felt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so understood even yeah, completely like the fluency, well I hand was like the smallest action you could take.
Speaker 1: That would be completely like anti that's what a crazy thing to do. Wave Yeah, like a slow kind of wave like change waves like.
Speaker 2: That would be like and to an alien orgo if you say, if you said I waved, an alien would go, well, that's nice. You're indicating friendship exactly what I'm talking about. This is where the aliency don't wouldn't understand Yeah, they go, yeah, so like or every time he comes into the room, Hi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, well I have there's also an interesting context with him, which is that, oh my god, I'm like, can hear everywhere? Okay, but listen, there's an interesting content. Actually can't wait. I don't think you can. But we've never actually in this conversation sort of we've been talking around this sort of you're like, you know, the classic high and the handyman, and like you sort of said that, and then you've sort of just been like, you know, like you haven't said like, which I don't mind.
Speaker 2: I don't like to attach language before what is true has emerged. Okay, but what is really going on here? Are you talking about? Are you talking about the Are you feeling self conscious? Because is that the main thing?
Speaker 1: Feeling self conscious on you?
Speaker 2: No, Like I'm trying to get it the side. I feel kind of I'm in the kind of a strange state right now. I feel good though, and I feel able to fire off text about why I was absent or I feel I feel able to do certain things. I don't want to leave my house.
Speaker 1: You do seem what what do I see him? How do I see him? Oh? My god? Like grabbing by the shoulders, shaking you? How do I see? How do I see? But isn't that so much? When I was having issues and normally I would feel you being like, I don't blame you, but I'd still feel like you were blaming me. Okay, didn't feel that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I didn't feel anger, not that I feel angry at you. Oh cool, I'm so glad I stayed my brand new desk. Okay, sorry, no, not that I normally feel.
Speaker 1: Called drink no worse potpourri onion. Oh, I can't clay whatever, It's fine.
Speaker 2: I actually, by the way, it's good to stain wood. It's a non coaster reality. We've talked about this coasters, sexless existence. Open it and yeah, I guess what. You don't take it with you your fucking desk. Yeah, what happened.
Speaker 1: What matters is what comes out of the desk. That's what takes.
Speaker 2: You take it with you, the wood grain, and we're trying to preserve that. No, this desk, it will be okay anyway, well.
Speaker 1: Someone will be someone will pay a fucking dollar. Uh okay. I mean I meant like I was trying to be hyperbolic to mean like a huge amount of money by saying like some I won't pay a dollar, like but being like to rest their coffee inside your coffee reading baby and be like yeah, maybe it's like glant you know what I mean. It inspires me whatever. Yeah, earlier I wasn't because I didn't because I felt your desk. Yeah, sorry, I'm interrupting you this going back, I felt when you were having mic I felt relaxed and ultimately fine. It was incredible and I want to be like that, and I felt I want to be like that more, and I felt, I really do. Why do I get ink practice while high and then you do it while not hide Well?
Speaker 2: Also the mushrooms, I even I even struggle with boards like hi, when we talk about mushrooms and like doses of mushrooms. Yeah, I'm sorry to use the word high. So I was just a short because yeah, you bring it back my lips real crack, huh. I just want people to understand it looks a certain color here it's called extra chili like a pepper. Actually, it's not coming.
Speaker 1: Pink in there on your face. It's really looking differently, exactly, it's really looking differently. By the way, the shirt I'm wearing hags have more fun folks. Okay, but but the kind of take me back, because you were talking about something that was like very like into it. I can't remember. I was dying to break into something softness, kindness. Oh yeah, see me? How do you see me? How do I seem? How do I see? How do I seem? Oh? Right?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Because? So yeah, because how do I seem? I mean, you were open to ideas, you you you were well, do you want to talk about the the the disaster of the morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, so disaster is not even what it is. But here's what it is because it does make me laugh. Okay, So this is no this is funny, and I just can't believe this is a something A miss.
Speaker 1: So here it is. Okay, here's I have a question. In our last.
Speaker 2: Recording, we're really already think when I when I going, what what's the attitude here? There's there's something beyond Okay, we'll talk about that right quite access it, Okay.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Are you pulling up the phone or you don't know phone? I'm gonna give context, all right. What we're about to dive into is the wop?
Speaker 1: Wait? What what? What? Wait? Let me just play this out. Hold on a second, wait what do you wait? Just tell me again? What whoop?
Speaker 3: What was.
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: If you said whoop, you know that I would get it called. I called the other day. I could not live it down saying Jordan Gordon Lovett. Well, that's just names names. His name is Joseph Gordon love His name is, yeah, Jordan Jordan Gordon, Jordan Gordon love It. By the way, it happened a couple of times to be corrected. Remember when we couldn't remember I'm sorry, but remember when we couldn't remember Wolf? No, what's up? What's that? Hugh Jackman? I got it this time. It's literally the height of poog Wolf. We couldn't no, okay, okay, okay, sorry, that's not okay. We couldn't remember the name of that show with Nicole Kimmen and her coats, the blah blah blah. Remember we couldn't remember with her coat?
Speaker 2: Can't remember styled in long coats yes, the Huge, the Hut don't remember. Grant was the best, The Hugh Grant show, the one Wait Sunden like, was you Grant her husband.
Speaker 1: The Murder, the Mini or the Murder Grant? Yeah, okay, you couldn't remember. We were trying to remember, Okay. I begged you, begged you. When it comes to you, do not tell me, Okay, okay, okay, remember, don't shout it out. I can't remember it now. Yeah, you shot, you remembered and you shouted so sorry. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I was.
Speaker 1: I was, and I screamed because I was like no, and then I couldn't. I was trying to say Hugh Jackman and I couldn't get it. It was like a psychosis had happened where like no words game. Actually this was like on an episode of Evil recently, but anyway, and then all I could get out was Wolf Jackman. Okay, wolf Man, whatever, it doesn't matter, Okay, take me back, Okay. So sorry, How does linguist caper Land interpret two o's two o's whoop as wop? It's hell? So it's were you not visualizing if you had said whoop? I don't even know. Okay, I don't think I'm not saying whoop. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Listen whoop. Okay, so here's the whoop saga. First of all, I have an adversity to wearable technology. We've talked about this. I already have my phone in my hand at all times, and I just have something about me just isn't interested or something like I just can't.
Speaker 1: Read your number and just listen all of it. It just has or just for me, it doesn't do it whatever. You're too fucking cool for it. We all get it, and I'm vain and I'm literally vain where I was like, I don't want to wear that thing, like you're fucking kidding me? Like no, you know, I mean yeah, sure, yeah, like true.
Speaker 3: Like so the roup.
Speaker 1: Risally they have an option that colors on the underwear. You're kidding or the brawl, but we'll talk about that. Holy shit. Okay.
Speaker 2: So I this came Jocolate had begged for it, and I was aware that it was a high quality, expensive, fancy item.
Speaker 1: I didn't doubt that the year membership attached. Yeah, so I didn't doubt God damn it. Okay. So okay, so that's digging. Okay. So listen, I know.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Jacklin's been talking about it, as we know, I was moving, getting rid of things, whatever, and I go, do I really want to take that?
Speaker 1: I have all this feeling like, oh, I.
Speaker 2: Should really use this because it's this expensive thing. And I was like, oh, but am I really ever going to know? And then a friend of mine had just texted me whatever, there was something where I was like, she would really want it, she could use it right now, right, and so I and I almost had the instinct not to give it, or I had the instinct not to give it, and I had kind of and I was like, am I just hoarding this?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Why am I hoarding this expensive thing? And then what maybe is going to happen is what I wear it for four days and then it just rocks.
Speaker 1: On my shelf. Maybe she'll really integrate it and use it and whatever, and who cares if she doesn't, you know, but like just give it away and I give it to her. Bitch you bitch that I gave it away. I begged you.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'll tell my emotions about it after, Okay, keep going. The other thing is that I've been stressed, which makes sense, I've been tired.
Speaker 2: This is my sleeve off. Okay, read the text. So this morning I texted this morning by the way, I wrot.
Speaker 1: Me doc. What's even funnier. I rolled over this sort. He woke up and said to Naomi, I go, I want the wop. I said it wrong, and they corrected me to whoop, and you did it again when we got one. It's been a couple of times on purpose. God, No, I love to be corrected. No, I can't get it. Loves to be corrected. I can't get it in. I think now it's in because I've been humiliated enough. Now it's in. But I couldn't get it in. But I was corrected the first thing in the morning. Let me just right when the brain is open. Okay, here we go. So I just want to say that last time we recorded poog, like I've been so excited about the whoop okay, and really wanting Kate to get in on it with me. Okay, like really like there's a little thing where you can have a team and you can like I don't know, encourage each other. Okay.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, there's gonna be a poog community. I started like a thing because I was I think Keate's never gonna join whatever. So I've been really excited about it.
Speaker 1: I've been posting on it like I've been like, Okay, maybe I can't kick cap, but I'll start a poog team and I'll have like a community whatever. But I said to you, okay, a couple of things. So like last time we record poop, we're talking about it, all right, I start talking about again. I waved my whoop in the air talking about new two nutritionists who I saw wearing woof and just did the the what's the word I'm looking for the noun version of detest? Okay, No, maybe disdain that's too dramatic, disdain of yours one's eyes. Okay. There's a vibe okay, and it's literal hell. And it's one of the darkest things that a person can experience. Because when Kate, Kate's pretty open, openly like critical, like not critical, but we'll react like like make you feel like so when you are holding back, it's even worse because you're going normally. She'd bluntly say like no, I wouldn't yeah yeah, yeah, So like when you're being gentle, I'm hurt more okay. Yeah, yeah, Like anytime you say to me, no easy way to say it. After you say something, I'm like so hurt because I'm like I told you this. I'm like, yeah, I'm like no, I wasn't gonna be hurt by that thing, you know what I mean, Like like until you said that, it's like a no offense. It doesn't matter. Okay, take me back. So something was off praising the Whoop and something was off, and I thought you just thought, Okay, she's being a shill. She's like way too desperate to be in bed with Whoop and like it's getting embarrassing. You know how desperate are you? Bitch? Okay? Are all projections? Sponsorships are all projections? Yea, something was amiss that you were unlike unwilling to say, and I was thinking about it later. I was thinking about how I know you and I think about recently like some other thing. I'm like, anytime you think something's up, it is okay, And you don't always get there's too much going on where you don't always get to get the answers, like some of it just like pass away until whatever, okay, and like last night or something or two nights ago, I sent you this visual of how when I was asleep, I was in high stress. Like I tried to read that stress to stand it. My stress was up as high as it was when I was working out while sleeping, okay at one point. So it's like, oh wow, I couldn't read that basically like my heart rate streaming. Okay. So I sent that to you. I get no response to that. Okay.
Speaker 2: I couldn't see that's your That was a total side thing. That was me looking at it not really understanding how to.
Speaker 1: Read the data. No, I knew that that was sort of a mistake, but I was still just trying to give you a vibe. Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then so something's miss okay. And then and then wait, hold on, I found it okay, And this is just hysterical to me. And today okay eight thirty seven am okay, just just you know nothing. And then just I wish I hadn't given away the whoop. Okay. Now this is the moment that I find out she gave away the whoop. Okay, I thought I told you, no, no, you you know, because here's the thing, Kate, I begged you just hold on to it and give me time.
Speaker 2: To convince you, Oh no, you did, you did, you did, and you just dishonor me. This is like what you did with Pendulum.
Speaker 1: Well, it is like what I do. And then we had to send in the cleanup crew. Okay. And by the way, I would like to say formally, this is me begging for a whoop a second whoop, and I just want to tell the Whoop community, and if Whoop corpor Is listening, I want to say this.
Speaker 2: My friend has never has not taken it off since I gave her gave it to her. She told me that she set an alarm for when she has to renew because she's you know, digging her because she has her own the free subscription with what.
Speaker 1: It came with. Okay, I haven't taken mine off either. I take everything off. Okay, I've never because it charges on the wrist. You put the charge you're onto your thing.
Speaker 3: You never have to risk when you're fucking it, says it says, can I watch Yeah exactly, well exactly yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh but let's you track it, like, let's you put in you know, like I have to put in Tracy's bar, which is really offensive because you put sex in us it's like something that you put in for sex. Well, there's literally a thing that says like what activity was that? It's not? Yeah, this is this is what I'm talking about. It's not sexless. Okay, oh wait, it's covered. So I also want to release a poog band, imagine a hag band. Okay, there's ways to do it fashion, it doesn't matter, but the point is whatever. All right, hold on, Okay, so you have to not disobey me. I won't again. I told you, I told you little, I told you I won't again. I won't again, so I said, I said, you know, I wish I hadn't given away the whoop l o L. I wonder if I can say I lost it in the move, if they'll send me another one? And are you paying for a membership? Okay? And I'm like, oh my god, I begged you not to. I can't believe you did anyway. I begged you to keep it until I could convince you a year free. Okay. I gave it to a friend. She's wearing it every day, so that's cool. At least it went to a good home. It's funny. I texted begged you. I begged you to hold on to I said it twice. I begged you to hold onto it, okay, and then I said I need three allowances per year, which is three things a tiny spot on the shelf. Were the things that you are convinced you don't want or need that I have said, By the way, this suggests that I get we got to send things like I don't want this, and that's not the usual at all. I just have an adversion to wearable technology. But but I'm but I in back. You gave away Pendulum when I had told you I gave away Pendulum, and then I realized that it was the height of hop shell and Pendulum responded and they said, it's very impulsive, It's very you know, it's it's it's I hope, I hope that the whoop people will understand that I was moving and that it was a huge thing. I was feeling very overwhelmed with bringing things totally in a sense. You did no lose it in the move. I did lose it in the move. Yeah, but you know, honesty has value. This is a huge whoop ad to me. I mean, regret. People do more to avoid regret than blah blah blah. Right, Yeah, so anyway, the point is I think you've earned another one. Thank you. No, I've already my mind was racing, okay, my mind was racing. Going Now, I'm scared you're gonna put it on.
Speaker 2: You're going to panic at the graphs and go like I don't understand this and try to get rid of it or so.
Speaker 1: But I'll push through it. I'll push through it. Yeah, And you don't have to like I like to look at the graph you can let it just sort of well, it has a chat thing what okay where it's like asking anything, you know, like wait, like why do I need more sleep? Why is my recovery rate low? And then in the app and then you know it explained it. So there's there's there's ways. I want it tomorrow, like tomorrow's not soon enough. And I'm also like so happy, like I'm happy to make you happy. I feel two things at once. The moment that you speak the regret, I'm like, this is solvable. I'm like, okay, who cares, like.
Speaker 2: Buy it because I'm frustrating. I'm begging for forgiveness from you and whoop whoop.
Speaker 1: I mean you know, like whoop. Well, I guess that's woom, there it is, dear god. Yeah double oh oh. I mean you know, like I'm confused what other words? The two o's. I know you would ever know? It makes sense? It makes sense. Sorry, hold me up to I'm like food whoop? Food wait kate what pog? Took me a second? I literally just trying to think of I'm just trying to think of another word with a double L. It took me three words to get the food. Bry Way, here's what I did. That's true only child unacceptable. Texted my friend and was like, have you paid for a membership? I was truly curious and she was like, no, I've got the year free and I sat an alarm for when I needed to renew it. I was like, oh, amazing. I was like yeah, I'm feeling like and this is what's not cool. I was like, I like, want I want you to give it back?
Speaker 2: No? No, and she was like do you want to like try it? Like, do you want like you can take it back and try? I was like absolutely not. I was like I'm gonna beg for another one. But even that was inappropriate way to tell.
Speaker 1: I don't know to be like, oh, do you know what I mean, it's a little bit like it's like you can't give someone something and then go yeah I kind of want one now so and then go no, no, like it's just not great. I didn't write it. It's just giving her because there was no point there was it for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no point to me that would ever there's no part of me that would ever be like give it back.
Speaker 1: Right, All you're doing is asking for a little payment in the form of her pain. It's fucked up exacting. I mean, I don't know. I think you just it's but it's interesting, what is the motivation there?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: I think it's just wanted to her because you have me commiseration. Yeah, why wouldn't I commiserate with you?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't. Maybe because you think you'll be blameless over there where, like you're gonna get a brow beating from me.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe maybe? Or is it just calling the tribunal, Yeah, it's tribunal. Several witnesses to your agree, Yeah, it's the witness.
Speaker 1: It's tribunal behavior.
Speaker 2: I whisked flower head macha into my hibiscus flowers yesterday.
Speaker 3: How was it?
Speaker 1: Well, the macha really kind of disappeared in it, which was interesting, and I'm double checking with doctor Gregor. I mean I sent a DM to just saying, but you know, I want to make sure that if I drink them together, it's not a too much. I don't do anything. They don't cancel each other, not cancel each other out, but just but it because literally with the hibiscus, it goes into your bloodstream and it's it's it's giving the anti accidents in your bloodstream for like hours and it trickles away.
Speaker 2: And then give another kind of a question because I bought hibiscuits because of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, I have hibiscus flower bush in front of my house. Can you believe it just as a joke growing? Yeah, is it pesticides out there or what?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not gonna hate those. I mean, I don't know, but yeah, it's just so cutely maybe you kind of dope start. But I went to a regrocery which is gorgeous. I got hibiscus stride hibiscus. I was there this morning. No way, so you're telling me a tablespoon. I kind of just eyeballed it.
Speaker 2: But I do too, because like the study was, these people they lowered their blood pressure with three cups a day, three small normal cups a day their blood pressure.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's huge.
Speaker 3: So so.
Speaker 1: You know, doctor Gregor, do you talk about court? Yeah? Fills the court.
Speaker 2: Sorry wa, No, I knew you were wondering this.
Speaker 1: I was paying for the questions to come because you're on them and I'm not on them.
Speaker 2: I actually seconds, I stopped because I did it for a couple of days and then I was like, I got kind of nauseous, and I was like, is it this? And I was like, let me like actually, because the thing with like vitamins or suppulents for natural materials where you're like, oh, I don't need to like talk with a doctor about this, but then you're like, oh, wait, actually, if I'm mainlining Curl and sparrellin like maybe I should talk to someone first.
Speaker 1: I mean, I am more than ever suspicious of even like when something's powdered, like it's just there, it's the beat, but it's been powdered. I've seen enough things in these nutrition things where they're like when when you like you're not getting because you see when you chew that's particular that particular food and enzymes produced particular to that thing that creates a certain thing before you swallow it, and that's where the health benefit is happening. So we all think we can just grind everything to a powder and throw it into a smoothie. Of course, it's not that easy, folks. So, okay, I just searched clrella on nutrition facts dot org. What do we see here? So here are the articles that come up detoxifying with chlorilla, best foods for lead poisoning, chloralas, roancho tomatoes, maringa question mark and then you got to read it to see what he's got to say. Is clorilla good for you? What about colorilla? Sold? Is a dietary supplement? Are you curious?
Speaker 3: Or is this so? I mean?
Speaker 1: I spent twenty books on big deal, see what we need that? Oh wait, hello, yeah you're here. It like brought the volume down because I was playing. Okay, this will be fun. What's he saying? Hold on your rabbit, your rabbit for the info. I just want them to be able to hear his voice too. Oh he's going to talk okay, facts, Yeah, nutrition facts Clorrella.
Speaker 4: Clorrella sold as a dietary supplement, harmful, harmless or helpful? There was a report in the journal Veterinary Pathology of a golden retriever killed by chlorella invaded her body and started eating its way up to her brain. This is showing the alergae creep up her spinal cord. But this is only if you dip an open wound into a scummy pond or something. Okay, yeah, the clorrella that's in the health food store is dried and dead. There there have been reports of adverse reactions, for example here in eleven year old hospitalized for kidney failure which went away when he stopped chlorrella, but this was not to be an allergic reaction. Similarly, there are reports of sun sensitive rashes and asthma triggered by breathing this stuff in, but again they don't appear to be caused by a toxin like you might find in blue green allergy supplements or spirrilinem, but just more like rare reactions in sensitive individuals. For the vast majority of people, chlorella can be considered helpful. Packed with lots of nutrients like tiny, little, dark green leafies, it kind of tastes like you're drinking your lawn, though, and kale is cheaper.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the end. Yeah, such a punk I love it. Kale is cheaper.
Speaker 2: Well, these are, by the way, these are these chlorillas in his tablets, which is how my friend got me to buy them. He was like talking with a friend of his and he was like, she looks unbelievable, like her skin's insane. And I was like, what work has she gotten done? She was like, literally, it's Corella Sparely and tablets. I take ten a day. I've been doing it for like five months. And then my friend is on them.
Speaker 1: He just came in town. I haven't seen him in a few months. He looks unbelievable. I go, what's going on in confirmation? And he didn't say like oh, it's like he wasn't coming to me, like look at me. I just was like, you look really good. I was like, and I was like, I mean, of course it's been colorilaspurly and he goes six months, ten tablets a day for six months, So then I of course did it two days and hour. I was also on the same regimen. Yeah, the back of my friends.
Speaker 2: Ten tablets the friends but then in the same city, Yeah you no, no, I heard about it from him. So then of course, I go, oh, quick, fix, it's gonna make me you know. Yeah, look, I just wonder, well it's not in his daily dozen, which I just go, okay, then you know why, right, Yeah, we me just scan his thing, like I'm like, let me put in all the other things first, you know, you know, yeah, But.
Speaker 1: The other thing is like, you know, if you're I mean, this is anecdotal. The issue with anecdotal, it's like the friend who's gotten their shit together enough to take ten Colorrella tabs a day, right, like, might have gotten a lot of shit together, Yeah, in the last six months. Like if you're operating at a level where you've dialed things in enough that that can be part of your situation, you're in good shape, like you're probably like on it, you know, like versus you're living like worse than like worse than ever, but you're popping those tabs, don't. So it's just that's that's why.
Speaker 2: That's who ultimately, because I'm like, no, my sleep's out of you know, I'm a little like I'm just regulated right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's become a habit. I actually click on that thing that was sent you know, that sound machine Hatch. I clicked that on. I'm addicted to it. Yeah, yeah, Hatch and I click that on. It's like the music, it's like the ocean waves. I get in my bed and read, but I check with a whoop, and I know we don't supposed to do, you know? Screen time in bed by the way, it asks you there's a journal and you can choose what you're tracking. But it'll say there's like, you know, seventy things, and it's like you could choose what to track and basically you open it and it's like your journal and they're like yesterday, and so i'd be like, did you have alcohol yesterday? You know? Yes or no? You know? Did you intermittent fast yesterday? Yes or no? You know? Did you have a high stress high stress zooms or like whatever, like meetings?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Did you It's like a million things. You can choose, what have magnesium whatever, There's all these different things. Get outdoor sunlight, close to waking up? There it is did that today? Okay? That's in there. Did you say hi as a cake? Yeah? I did. I reject the word high. I mean I wouldn't say as a cake. Yeah. Now I've gotten sloppy with the journal. I had to reduce the journal to saying like nothing by alcohol because I was like it was annoying me because I usually don't drink alcohol that like having a click no every day, so it was like it was like I have a So I was like, I want to track something that's more random, like I don't know, I had a cocktail the other night, like whatever, I'm figuring it out. I'm figuring it out. But the sleep stuff is real. But I get in bed, I look at my whoop. I say, I'm peaking, I'm performing. I need to get whatever. My anxiety around the whoop. Part of it is this thing where it's like I.
Speaker 2: I bristle at having like an automated scrutinizing, like I fear things that suggests we are to be in perfect enlignment or balance because I'm like that's not life.
Speaker 1: That's death to me. It's like clinging to that's like death obsession in a way, like just go hear me out, like like of course.
Speaker 2: I'm all about people being figure out you by the way, yah, yeah yeah, But it's like I'm all about that, of course. But there's like this more like this feeling about myself or my relationship to myself or to life where it's like and of course, I mean to say the obvious, like and just like optimization culture, this idea that we're to be these like it's like no like or just like it's I'm genuinely curious, like oh yeah, like sleep cycles or something, or of course if you integrate something and you feel better you But for me, I think it could become particularly because I'm so obsessive, I think it could slip into territory, which for me could be not even necessarily damage that's too strong a word, but like it could just it doesn't like feel like how I want to live.
Speaker 1: Completely get it, you know, I mean I think I think it's also like but okay, there's a couple of things, you know, to me, I completely get it.
Speaker 2: And by the way, okay, and my friend said this, and I think this is actually she said, I'm like, that's really powerful. It's a powerful fucking tool because she told me she was like, I actually feel myself going to bed earlier because I'm like, oh my whoop's telling me right, Or she was like I had a night where I went out and I you know, had cocktails and then my sleep was disrupted and the next day it was like whoa. And then she was like and that made her feel bad, you know, or something like there was an emotional you get, like an emotional thing she felt like, oh no, like or something, you know. And I think that's where it's like, well, we're not we have to you know, feeling bad is Yeah, if I don't feeling bad that it's not going to make you feel bad, then like let me let me just like say a couple of things.
Speaker 1: And I know what you mean in that. I think you know, you in the romantic notion of life want to kind of feel your way towards what works for you, right that feels better, like yeah, like you know, of course whatever, okay, like up sunlight, there it is, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it. And then nope, I haven't done it. And then like you know, like I got you know, on Instagram off whatever all of it, particularly with add I do have a desire to incorporate automated anything okay that helps me, that frees me up to then live an organic artist's life. Okay, So like I just put my goddamn well Buchre in back in this thing that has an alarm, okay, because I don't remember. Not only it's not about remembering it to take it or not. It's I go to the thing, the thing, and I don't know if I just swallowed it or not. I'm like standing there within my hand, I don't know if I just took it or I'm about to take it, you know whatever shit like that, right you know, or a post it or whatever anything that like, you know, the chaos weighs on me right the like certain outsourced automations me not noticing. I do not notice that yesterday affects today. That is so not in my capacity mentally too, I don't remember what happened yesterday.
Speaker 2: Like it's like, so this thing sort of nudging me with this stuff. It's like good luck destroying my life. Whoop, you know what I'm saying, Like good luck turning it into balance.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like it is it is such a minor nudge that you know, like I didn't really believe that a cocktail at dinner could affect my sleep, you know what I mean, until it shows that five the five times you did that, you know, like and I guess that's my question is like, but let's just say you had like a fun night, you had a cocktail you were enjoying, Like is that worth it work? Yeah? Yeah, and you're still doing the cockta Like what Totally, it doesn't. It doesn't dictate your behavior, like to me, it really just it gives you information that allows you to go. Like I find it hard to believe. I mean I really struggle with sort of believing that my choices today affect me tomorrow all that, and or or I'm like tired and I'm like lazy bitch, you know what I mean, Like okay, and like you no, you're not You're not not going to your workout because you need to sleep. And I'm going sitting there and I'm really looking at it and it's like, oh, I'm going to get five hours and I know that it is not good for me mentally. Yeah, so you can choose to sleep. I'm not going to the workout. And that actually made me make that choice. Yeah, like it made me made the sleep in choice. That's wild, totally. I just but but but yeah, like I don't I don't, like I have a little more sorry, I just had tolerance for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well no, because by the way, also everything you're saying, it's me no, no, but also it is funny because it was also is genuinely like an interest of yours, like and that's cool, that's fine, Like you might just see more in a little more tolerance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was laughing at myself because the pink whoop came into frame and I was imagining, like you wearing it on your wedding day, like you something borrowed something blue, and then you're like something whoop, Like it's like it's like you having like a bridal whoop. And then I was picturing you throwing the bouquet and then you track it and it goes like what did you do today? And you went got married to the love of my life? Or like I was, I was just imagining a campaign, which is like because that's the thing that's like obviously you wouldn't wear it, like like in what circumstance would you absolutely not wear it? Right? Well filming well, exactly, Red carget Red, Well, you have to put it right back on.
Speaker 1: Unblievable. I was like, I want to see because I wanted to see my so so I would love to study what's going on on stage. Okay, now, well now you can. That's where the bra and the underwear and the legging and whatever come in to play. But I was I brought it into frame, not that we actually we must.
Speaker 2: Use it for like fertility tracking. I would imagine maybe, Yeah, I mean it knows when your period is and stuff. Well, I tell it because it will.
Speaker 1: It incorporates that into like, oh, that's why that might be why you're blah blah blah blah blah blah. So you actually or it's like tells you not to strain as much. It's like it tells you like you're going to be lower whatever. So your men, well here's the rest, Please send one. I'm gonna I'm gonna let me log off. I'm going to email them.
Speaker 2: And say, like I I don't want to be playing it off as like this, you're not you're not, you're not, okay whatever. Of course, I will tolerate all manner of hideous things for my life, like believing that when we take the photo, I'll slip it off, you know, like it's like.
Speaker 1: I have a little bit more of that. Yeah, that's why we're different. That's how we come together. To me, so like, you know, I'm on three meds for major you know I've had like, yeah, you've earned your whooped doll? Were we gonna say sorry? I cut you off? I love it always? Please wait, there was something I was thinking about.
Speaker 2: Okay, she brought She's calckling. She brought into frame the Neira the laser.
Speaker 1: Because I was like, genuinely, I was like, I don't want to even whatever.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of ideas I want to talk about, but I keep forgetting them. Box it and I was like, if I put it next to the poog, I'll remember. Okay, Because I don't know if you were aware of this.
Speaker 1: We mentioned it last record. No, but are you aware that? Wait? Are you aware of what? I just sometimes think you miss certain details and I'm if you're aware of something. So do you know what we're getting? The near a wrinkle laser reducer? Yeah? What I can't see? Yeah? What do you you show me? You make it clear? What are you seeing? I see two things, which is exciting. Exactly what are they? The point is there's two things in here, see plural lasers plural. There's two devices in the box. What are they? Pro and precision? One has a big mouth. One is a little one. I'm excited more surface area. I think it's cool. Guess what.
Speaker 2: I'm decided to do a little organization again, flying high on the flow dose in a really gorgeous way.
Speaker 1: I'm into a little organization.
Speaker 2: And then I'm going to go down to the market and I'm gonna get some vegetables to make a rice vegieabole tonight.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, the bulls I've been having have toasted wheat germ. Okay. Oh, by the way, my dressing is that taste because I've been experimenting without oil. Yeah, gave me some dressings. Okay, the dressings are out of this world. I use the harram. I throw veggie scraps in there. I throw the scraps of my fennel okay or whatever else and juice them. And so I have like a little green juice. And I throw in soy milk and a little tahini and vinegar okay, and whatever spices or herbs. I do a quick chop of maybe like the fronds of my fennel, shake it up on the salad. It goes delicious. You are a wicked French. This is what I'm saying this is it.
Speaker 2: It's earth worship, it is earth train base is grain grain base for a ball, my primary grain until I get more going. But the primary one that I've been working off of is barley groats. Hold barley, that's what you get.
Speaker 1: Okay. It takes forty minutes to cook. I have some cooking right now. Okay, down there. Oh, by the way, you know what we need in our new life. And I can't tell the difference slow cooker, instant cooker, pressure cooker. They're different things, I think, so yeah, okay, calling our place right now, our place. Our place has some kind of unlievable instanpot situation. Okay, well, I'm interested, but I will say I'm also interested if I kind of want to check the articles and be like if like revels is top. Okay, go, let's go. So the recommendations, but I want to throw in grains. I want to throw in my dry beans. Okay, I would love that, and I want it. But yeah, hold barley oats are absolutely delicious and incorporating Hold. Okay, Now you can't get them unhold, like you can't get anything less processed than hold. I know, hold sounds like okay, now it's processed, but I'll send you my link. But hold Barley Oats. Actually I think they also have at Ree Grocery. And it's kind of like a huge as it feels like, I mean, like Barley. Do you know nothing of Barley?
Speaker 2: I know nothing of bar from Barley Soup. Talk to Barley Soup. Sure like it's got a nice chew Hey, Barley breakfast porridge and.
Speaker 1: I use it so I've been using. I use I do it breakfast with berries apples. I throw my smile. I'm going to buy Barrowner right now. Okay, make sure it says hold hold like you want the full oat. I'm gonna do a Barley Reports, okay, and then I want to Yet there's a few others I've got, but I've haven't been to Arawan and busy. I've got what what what? What? Yeah, well, I've wildly reduced because it's just dry beans, and I mean re grocery has replaced for me, arawon what what did what did I go in there to get?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I went prepared foods. But my apples now with my cinnamon, I chop up, I mean chop, I slice an apple and I just shake cinnamon over it heaven.
Speaker 2: Where I actually sent you something on Instagram which was grading an apple great into that sounds nice.
Speaker 1: So I just chop it throat in there. I do cinnamon.
Speaker 2: I do either berry starving. I have peaches waiting downstairs, peaches.
Speaker 1: From because.
Speaker 2: It's almost it's almost peach season, Frocolo farm peaches. Okay, only peaches that exist? Okay, interesting? Oh I'm but I'm going to start. I don't know if I'm gonna start posting my bowls. That's a bit much, but I'll definitely start sending them all to Jacqueline. Jacqueline, I don't know if I'm going to start posting my bowls. It might be a bit too much. Have you listened to the Last Hour, doll? This is our Are you kidding? Posting the bulls is the least. Posting the balls is essential.
Speaker 1: That's what they can. That's we've done, right. I know.
Speaker 2: It's just like, please post the bowl you know what I did by actually, and I want to see if un and he needs.
Speaker 1: To know this what you know? The community? Again, I don't even think i've told you what.
Speaker 2: I purchased a halo that goes around your neck and holds your phone, okay, down facing down so that you can you can fill cook and they can, like you can be doing things through their free hands and the phone is covering it. So I'm gonna be like filming it. Yeah, but right now my glasses O great. So you're so so I know you're going to be posting bulls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I got it. But my phone is is crap is crushed. Okay. So when I take my phone out of my case, glass shards fall out. Okay, step back to the porridge. Yeah, and so I can't I can't put it in my case right now. Okay. I'm soaring with excitement and hunger. By the way, I'm so excited for you being wicked, and this is really exciting and I think it's really fun. But listen to me. Right now, I'm going to get fennel. Yeah I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, I juice it and just juice it, juice the end whatever. Yeah, well, no, you know what you do you juice the stocks for juice.
Speaker 1: What I mean, like if you don't want you know, you know, there was frozen. I got confused. Anything that's like the scraps. I either thrown the juice or the blender basically now and and like throw it on there. The stems mean solid, the stems of like the fresh herbs that are kind of like they like tell you to discard, chop those up. I love this. I love this. You know what I'm hearing with all this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jacquelyn Novak, I'm seeing your cookbook called the Whole Kitchen.
Speaker 1: My royal family, okay, of whole foods, plant based. I told you about the Esselstons, doctor Esselston, his sons strong. Yeah, Okay, they heard us. I saw something in the kay they heard us. They yeah, they reached out. Chris was like, holy fucking ship. Okay, and then and then and then another member of the family, Gus Esselston, who is a gorgeous company by George. Okay, these totes, I'm begging for them. I'm praying for a collab, the whole thing whatever. Okay, he listens to poog, I mean someone in the family listens any city through through his phone. Yeah, send it to the so exciting. Anyways, I'm gonna stop huge. Yes, I'm going to text you from the health food store for fun. I can't wait. Capture footage. I love you, all right, I love you. That was Poog. If you enjoyed Poop, please subscri rate and review. If not, we will press charges. Poog is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeart Podcasts. Created and hosted by Kate Berland and Jacqueline Novak. Executive produced by Lyverra Smith, edited and mixed by Ali Graham, Music by Theta Hamil, artwork by Robert Batty.
Speaker 2: Follow Poog on Instagram at Poog podcast, or on TikTok at this is Poog.