Speaker 1: First Day to follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: Mark is on the phone today for our first Day follow up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Sasha. So in a few minutes we'll call her and Susho sells why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another day. But first, Mark, how long has it been since you heard from Sasha.
Speaker 1: It's been about a couple of weeks, now, Okay.
Speaker 3: Have you been reaching out to her during that time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I've called a couple of times, I've texted and been no reply, And that's why I'm calling you, guys design and see if we can figure out what's going on.
Speaker 3: Well, why don't you tell us about how you met her and then the date and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we met on Hinge and I just immediately found her to be so beautiful and classy. I mean one of her photos she's even wearing pearls, and I thought that was We started chatting and she told me how she always wanted to go to Paris, so I thought for a date, we could go to this Parisian cafe and get coffee and croissants. Which I thought was perfect.
Speaker 3: Well that's cool. Did you wear a bret?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's definitely why. I'm just kidding. That's a cute idea, though, Yeah, thoughtful.
Speaker 1: I thought so too. I thought so too. So we you know, we had our croissants in our coffee and we're talking and laughing, and you know, she shared so much of her life story with me. I just felt like she really wanted me to know her, which you know, was just so sweet. And we were supposed to go on a bike ride, but then her roommate reached out that she needed to be taken care of. So I was okay with that because I love that she's good to her friends. But after that, I never really heard from her again.
Speaker 4: So what did she say to you, or like, what was the interaction like after her roommate called, or like as you guys were going your separate ways.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we were supposed to go on this bike ride and she kind of had a dodge out, so I gave her a hug, and you know, she's had she had a great time, and that was basically it. I said, you know, I'll I'll call you later. And when I called, I got no answer. I texted a couple of times of the course of the last few days, and no response.
Speaker 3: Is her okay, I hope so not the freak job.
Speaker 2: But you don't think it was one of those things where someone says, hey, I'll text you on the sly and then you call me and then I'll say I have to go if you're on a day you don't like.
Speaker 3: Do you think that could have been a thing.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't think I didn't get that vibe. I mean, she was opening up so much to me about like her life and her family and her friends. It just felt like she was she was having a really great time. I mean, the only thing I can think of is like, I mean, there's a bunch of people checking me out in the cafe, which you know, sometimes I'm a little awkward, but I do kind of look like overal life Superman at times. So I was getting a lot of.
Speaker 3: But I wanted, okay, you look like a real life Superman. What is that like? Are you like ripped?
Speaker 1: I got this Clark Kent kind of swirl to my hair, and okay, I've been prepared a lot to it, but my eyes were on her. I don't know I don't know if that was anything that she was nervous about.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think anything was wrong with the findite. I just genuinely thought she had to go help her.
Speaker 3: Did you tell her that you look like Superman at any point, because that also could.
Speaker 1: Have been Yeah, No, no, I did not.
Speaker 3: She got eyes. Lucky you.
Speaker 2: You're on a date with Superman, I know, all right, and you didn't get kiss or anything right at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: No, I was gonna, you know, I was gonna try and go for it, but there's a bunch of people outside the shop of the Parisian coffee shop, and I just felt like a warm hug was the right move.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well we'll figure it out for you.
Speaker 2: Will play a song, come back, and then call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you and maybe get you another date.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, I appreciate place.
Speaker 2: I'll come back and get your first day follow up next. If you're just joining us for today's first date follow up. Mark is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Sasha. So we're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But before we do that, Mark, why don't you catch us up on your situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I met this beautiful girl named Sasha. We went, I'm hings, went on this great date to Persian cafe, had a great time, and now I haven't heard from her, and I want to know why.
Speaker 4: Well, and you do think it's because you look like Superman maybe and you were getting checked out a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm just worried. I'm just worried that she was aware of that people were looking at me. That's all I got. I don't know if that that.
Speaker 4: Can be kind of operat like if you were somebody that's super hot that everybody's staring at you do feel like such me?
Speaker 2: You know, I get that. We're ready for us to call her. Yeah, yes, please, here we go. Hello, Hi, I speak to Sasha. Please Sasha. Hi?
Speaker 3: How are your?
Speaker 2: Name?
Speaker 3: Is Jubil? I'm calling from a radio show. It's called the Jubil Show.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 3: I'm Nina also on the show. Hi, I'm Victoria.
Speaker 1: Oh Hi.
Speaker 3: Do you listen to the show ever? Sometimes?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You guys agree, this is so crazy. You you know why we're calling you.
Speaker 1: I have a suspicion, and I'm it's about it. That's suspicion being true.
Speaker 3: What do you think it is? What's your suspicion?
Speaker 5: Is it the second date?
Speaker 1: Follow up?
Speaker 3: The first date? Follow up?
Speaker 2: Yes, you are ghosting somebody you know who knows.
Speaker 1: Hi, I a sneaking suspicion that it's.
Speaker 6: Mark, and you're correct answered, yeah, well, because I don't really ghost that often, but this was a unique experience.
Speaker 2: Really, Okay, would you mind telling us why you're ghossing him?
Speaker 3: He was just so gross.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, that was like the play in the most easiest way to say it. He just he was burping the throughout the entire date, and like the first time was just kind of because it was loud and he didn't say excuse me or anything like that, but then it just kind of just kept happening, and so like I felt like I had to keep talking so that I didn't have to engage with him, and it was it was just so uncomfortable, thoroughly grossed out.
Speaker 4: Was it just really loud or was it kind of under his breath? I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's the thing. I get.
Speaker 5: Burping is natural, but there are ways that you can kind of minimize the damage, Like you can kind of put it under your breath, you can cover your mouth, you can say excuse me. But like none of that was happening, but the burping and itself kept happening over and over. It just felt like super disrespectful and just I was so turned.
Speaker 1: Off and grossed out.
Speaker 3: Really I mean that, I mean I wouldn't love that either.
Speaker 2: Like in the place you were at, he was just burping loudly, yes, constantly.
Speaker 5: It was just it was so frequent and so loud, like it almost got to the point where, you know, like a Homer Simpson when.
Speaker 1: He belches, like it was kind of ripple.
Speaker 5: Like that's what I felt like. Maybe it wasn't that bad, but like that's what kind of I started to feel like was happening.
Speaker 2: Like I was just, oh, I can't even okay, Well you didn't tell us that.
Speaker 3: No, it sounded like a very pleasant day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe you forgot, or maybe you haven't heard enough first day follow ups to know that he's actually on the phone listening.
Speaker 3: Wants to.
Speaker 1: Mark whoa, Yeah, Hi, Sasa, I am sorry. I don't I honestly don't know what you're talking about. I mean, I worked a couple of times because I've been dealing with some like specilated acid reflex.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry to hear that.
Speaker 3: Then why did we go to coffee?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: That's not going to help the situation? And you know, well because I wanted to take you to a Parisian cafe. I mean, is the real reason that because I look like Superman?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Sorry, that's not nice.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, Okay, No, no, that's not the reason. Yes, you you are an objectively attractive man. But if you're wondering about that, why people were looking looking at you, it was because you were burping so much that people were concerned that you were going to be sick.
Speaker 1: Are you sure that people weren't just looking at me because of how I look?
Speaker 5: Oh? No, I'm sorry, I like it was not attractive. They were not looking at you because you were attracted. They were looking at you because they were disgusted.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: I can't even help but ask like, Mark, are you okay? Because to be burping that much, I don't know if that's normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been on a different medication to try and deal with my reflux. It's it's just been a struggle bus, but I'm doing much better. Thanks.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: You know, like Sasha, you say you want to go to France, but you really probably shouldn't go to France because in other countries it's actually considered polite to burp. Is it that's a compliment of the shame.
Speaker 5: Well, even if that's true. Here in the stage, I like it when if someone burbs that they at least they excuse me or cover their mouth or something along those lines. Maybe I'm reaching for the stars here, but that is something that I am looking for.
Speaker 1: Blatant respective you guys excuse me. I usually say excuse me, but I just I was you were telling these beautiful stories. I didn't want to interrupt you. I was time to respect you.
Speaker 3: Sasha, would you like to do one another day with Mark? Will pay for it? You know what?
Speaker 1: I didn't know that she was still closed minded, So I honestly don't know if this is going to work out. I'm closed minded? What do you mean? I mean, if you can't just be present accept the person for how they are. I mean, burbing happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get that, it's just how you handle it that.
Speaker 1: You know, really changes things.
Speaker 5: And how you handled it was just not and for me that's fine.
Speaker 1: I mean, somebody's going to accept me, accept me for my burse too.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Well, sorry no second date mark, but it sounds like you're fine with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's for the best.
Speaker 3: Juble's first date follow up