Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Tilly and Tanya rap an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 3: Scrub Dub Dub and the dubtutu.
Speaker 2: It was absolutely a gift for the eyes and the ears.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: What would you like to talk about? Because you don't like to jump straight into the dear Banya stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't. I like to feather in a little bit of like how are you feeling, how's your heart? What's new? Like what's going on? Give me summer plans? Like, give us a little something.
Speaker 2: Well, I love We're in spring right now, and I love spring, and you're trying to rush me into summer and I want to.
Speaker 3: Be mostly in spring. People plan for summer and then mostly in summer.
Speaker 2: People don't plan at all. I'm not a planner. Oh, I'm just existing in the time that I'm in. Wow, imagine you're eighty years old and you get to come back to this day. Are you just gonna be a friend?
Speaker 3: I'm seeing that all over. I'm like, what the hell is going on here? Is this person really eighty? Like I didn't get it at first. I was like, is this person really eighty? And they'd like have good skincare or like what's happening.
Speaker 2: No, it's just like it's like trying to get people to just be present and enjoy the day. Don't like wish away this time of your life, because when you turn eighty, you'll be looking back going like, what what I would give to be thirty six again, in a healthy body where I can go outside and go on a hike and have the energy and look in the mirror and not feel you know, old.
Speaker 3: I know it's nice, So.
Speaker 2: Quit trying to get me to think about summer when I'm in spring.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, this went into a ted talk that I was not anticipating I might do.
Speaker 2: That might be my new career path, just ted talks across the nation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my new career path might be helping women find prenatals that don't make them naw twenty four seven. Oh I've heard about that. Oh my god, I've heard.
Speaker 2: And you know what really intimidates me about pregnancy if I ever choose to do it, what the nausea of the first trimester.
Speaker 3: It's just the thing is, you just never know. Not everybody's the same. Some people have no nausea.
Speaker 2: Who do you know that has had none. No, No, so many people really yeah, like zero percent nausea.
Speaker 3: Zero percent.
Speaker 2: Name you like ten, I'm listening.
Speaker 1: One or two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll get you off the podcast. Okay, Yeah, but like not want you to know people to know that they didn't. Yeah, exactly exactly, it's top secret information. But yeah, I feel like so many people have like such different pregnancies, Like you can't compare and then you don't. The thing that's weird is that you just don't know until you know, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I just was thinking about how horrible I feel when I'm just like even hungover nauseous, and how or just sick and nauseous, and how doing that for days on end.
Speaker 3: But no, it's true, sounds so bad. Yeah. There was one day where I was like ill all day and I was like, am I just gonna be ill for the next three months while I'm taking these pre needles?
Speaker 2: Ali and I have a prediction that you're gonna have an easy pregnancy from your lips to God's ears.
Speaker 3: But I I split up the dose. I like split up the dogo yo yo, yeah yo, and yah. I split up the dose. It was like I took eight pills at once, and then I split it up into five and three, and now it's much better.
Speaker 2: Why not four and four?
Speaker 3: Because there's you take there's like three, three and two, six eight, So I do three and two. So I take five and then I take the other three with lunch, A lot.
Speaker 1: Of math involved. I didn't think there would be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, interesting, it's a lot of pills.
Speaker 3: I got a real potent one potent potent like oh, very like, yeah, potent. Got the good stuff, you know, a lot of the good stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, you're saying like the one you bought, yeah, prenatal. Yeah, I thought even like just one of the supplements you took was real strong.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I'm just saying. The one that I'm taking is podent. Gearing you up, gearing me up? You know why not? I'm gonna do it, give it to me, Okay.
Speaker 2: Are you ready to jump into deer Vonno?
Speaker 3: I guess I wish you would give me like a little more like what would you like to hear? What are you doing this weekend?
Speaker 2: Uh? I don't you know. What's so nice is that I don't have anything this weekend, and it feels amazing because last weekend was Haley's birthday, and Haley's like my birthday personally, I I don't need a lot on my birth I am happy for people to achnowledge it. That feels really nice. But I'm I don't need a lot in terms of celebrating my birthday. I like to go on a trip with my friends and that is so sufficient. I don't need a lot of attention in that way. Hailey loves her birthday. It is like the biggest day of the year. So as her girlfriend, I feel like a lot of uh pressure, well not pressure, but I'm like, I want to make it GRAVI toss great for her.
Speaker 1: I don't think gravitas works there.
Speaker 2: What is GRAVI toss?
Speaker 1: Wait, yes, a heavy load.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if it's that. It's more just like I want it to be great for her. And so on her actual birthday, we did like I woke up, Oh, I got all of her friends to write cards for her, because that's her love language. Like one time in twenty twenty, since no one could come be a part of the party, yeah, pandemic, everyone sent her cards. I had everyone send her cards, and she always references that that was like one of her favorite birthdays, and so I thought, why not do it again? So I had everyone bring her card, Tany and Robbie, and I put them on balloons and she goes, wow, I feel like this, this feels very Tawnya. And then everyone was responding to my story about it. They're like, this is so Tanya.
Speaker 3: He sent it to me too, He's like, this feels very you coded.
Speaker 2: Haley has a lot of Tanya things about her. So I I know how to cater to Tanya, you know, yes, And so I she thought they were all for me. So at first I was like, that is very Tanya. But I switched it up a little bit. Yeah, And so I did that for her and then made breakfast and then we just went and got massages and then I planned the park party, and so I was I was like exhausted from now back.
Speaker 3: Is like I gotta put my feet up this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I'm like I need just nothing on the agenda.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you have so many things? Oh? You have next weekend. I'm going to do no nothing on the agenda.
Speaker 2: I'll believe it when I see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're going to San Diego this week and my daughter is in the UCSD production of Footloose.
Speaker 2: So house college life really adjusted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's adjusted now. It was. It was rocky for a while. The transition was rough, interesting, but now she's in a better place. Her first roommate situation wasn't great. Now she's in a better room made situation and she's very She's found her people.
Speaker 2: She in a dorm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she has.
Speaker 3: It happened around October, right, the transition to did No.
Speaker 1: It was more recent than that. Yeah, it took a while.
Speaker 2: How are her parents doing?
Speaker 1: Her parents also had a hard time with transition.
Speaker 2: Yes, and sister.
Speaker 1: Sister was okay, it's all about me now. Sister likes having the only focus in the house. Yes she does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's something about the baby, the baby of the family, which only the baby ever understands. Yeah, because it's either kind of sad that they're the last one and they don't have everyone around to celebrate everything, or they're like finally, No.
Speaker 3: It's also annoying because then like you're the only focus. So then if you're not home at like eleven oh two, you know what i mean, Like when there's other siblings involved, it's kind of like can't really keep up.
Speaker 2: It's crazy thinking about you not being home at nine pm, A little rebel. Back in the day, you were like eating hot cheetos, sneaking.
Speaker 3: Outside my door telling my dad I was sleeping at Stacy Nelson's when really I was at Scott Thompson.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh, my gosh, Stacy Nelson. But Scott Thompson, that's right, where is he? I think he's married, sneaking around married, not sneaking around.
Speaker 3: No kids. I think everyone grows up. Yeah, you know, and my twenty year reunion is coming up?
Speaker 2: Are you going? I think? So?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I should I should?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I think I was talking to.
Speaker 3: One of my girlfriends from high school and she's like, I don't know. It seems kind of weird. Why because like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: They're never what you want to It's never role me and Michelle, Right, it's not.
Speaker 2: They're always like so glorified on TV shows. Right.
Speaker 1: So ours is like in a bar in the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin and people just come. There's no host, there's no pictures on the wall, there's no nothing. And I've never been to one, by the way. Always see him on Facebook and I want to go to them. It's not like this thing like, oh, I have no use for that. I want to go, But it's always a random summertime in Wisconsin. We're always working. I could never make it.
Speaker 2: Like a celebrity in your home, like people know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: So No, I didn't think so. But I had lunch with a guy a few months ago that I went to high school with, and he knew my whole life. He knew that I did Discover Millionaire show, he knew that I did comedy sports, he knew this. He knew that I worked for Rick D's and with see, I was like, wow, that's that's interesting. Yeah, yeah good. I either he just did his homework or maybe people know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like he followed, followed your career.
Speaker 1: We'll see more. Because also I tend to put stuff on Facebook that's going to make it seem like I'm a bigger deal than I am. Oh, like me and Jimmy Fallon, Like I personally did a picture that made it not look like a post picture, like hey, we're just buddies hanging out. Yeah you're like, oh my gosh, Mark's friends with Jimmy Fallon. I'm not. But I want the people that went to high school to think that, oh wow, that's important to me for some reason. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, mine's like doing like they have like an Instagram page. It's like dedicated to like our reunion class of five reunion, like tagging me in it, and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 2: I just had like forty people that I graduated with, So I I really don't know how many have come back for.
Speaker 3: The reminding the two hundred something my class was like my.
Speaker 2: Graduated That's what I'm saying. You would see people and be like, oh my gosh. Like I could just go on Facebook and quickly see what everyone's up to that I graduated with.
Speaker 1: And the people who are not on Facebook are also the ones that don't go to the reunions, so it's going to be the same people, right.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. Mine's until thing. It's like the weekend of Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you have time to think about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, the early bird ticket pricing is now. Oh wow, I might hold off.
Speaker 1: It seems like a bigger deal than my.
Speaker 3: Into like one hundred bucks or something. It's not usually in the summer, No, it's like Thanksgiving. I think it's a Saturday, Saturday or.
Speaker 2: Sunday Homecoming weekend, Homecoming weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 2: We'll stay tuned to see if Tanya goes to a reunion and think right now.
Speaker 3: And I was trying to decide if we should host Thanksgiving this year. That's on my my.
Speaker 2: She skipped summer and we are into deep fall. Wow, she's skip spring, skip summer and where.
Speaker 1: And fall and we've skipped Dear Bondy. That's all the time we have.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back with dear Vanya. All right, we are back with the content you want.
Speaker 1: Who knows what anybody wants, but this is anonymous. Hi, I beca Tanya Mark and Easton. Oh my god, I love you guys so much. I don't know if I'll ever stop crying a Tanya and Robbie wedding content. And I want about ten more episodes about it with Paulina and Robbie, et cetera, et cetera. I have a modern woman dating question. I'm twenty eight diving into dating with Hinge. The ultimate goal is to find my life partner. I'm Tanya, if you couldn't tell already, and I'm trying to figure out how to do the casual thing, eggs and multiple baskets thing. I'm going on date number three with a guy who looks like he has potential and seems pretty intentional and locked in to me. But do I and how do I keep adding new guys into the mix to have comparative reference points. I say this because after my first date with this guy, I had another date the next day, and it made it super clear to me that this guy and I had more of a natural dynamics, what made it easy to know who I would pursue a second date with. But my concern is if I get to date number four, date number five with this guy and at some point I might feel like it's weird to keep adding more people in. My real worry is he lives not too far from me, and I'm stressed that I'll be on another date a lah mister Wilsher, and luck would have it, he'll see me on another date with a guy when I just mentioned I was having dinner with a friend, because side note, what do you say it when you're trying to do casual dating but you're pretty regularly texting one of the people already about your dates. My worst nightmare will be holding hands was some random dude and this guys somehow seeing and feeling like I was stringing him along. But at the same time, because I just dove into dating for kind of the first time in my life, it feels like going on multiple different dates will help me assess just how legitimate I think a guy is or if he's right for me.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 1: I'm imagining this and Mark's voice and there it was lots of love, a scrubber, and a super proud tanyah.
Speaker 2: So this is funny because when I was going through my text when you first met Robbie, there was a we had done a whole conversation about you putting eggs in multiple baskets, not putting all your eggs in one basket. Yeah, and you told me after a certain amount of dates with Robbie he had canceled any future dates that he had on the apps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which was like two months later.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so but how many dates was that?
Speaker 3: Uh? Uh? I could check my notes, but notes, Yeah, I have notes every single date. I think our first thirty dates are documented in my phone.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what through thirty?
Speaker 1: Right? Not bad?
Speaker 3: And the only reason I stopped stopped. Was the pandemic hit, and our dates were just like sitting at home.
Speaker 1: By the way, that combined with your dear future husband journal, that is a book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you literally don't have to do anything. Put it, put a little bow on it. True.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you thank you for that.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding. I think there's something.
Speaker 3: There, but I feel like I want to say it was probably like six or seven dates in, maybe more eight dates in that he stopped put the kebash on other people that he was dating. There was really only one other girl that he was dating, but he wasn't dating her as much as he was dating me.
Speaker 2: Here's my question to anonymous, how do you feel about the idea of this guy going on dates with other people and having multiple dates at the same time like you're doing. That's an excellent question because if you don't care, maybe this isn't your guy and maybe you should keep dating other people. Because I think Tommy can say that as soon as she met Robbie, she did not like the idea of him going on any other date.
Speaker 3: My eggs were all in his basket after.
Speaker 2: She tried to take I remember she tried to date them out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tried to take one day right after meeting him, and it was horrible and then what happened to her and then after that, I uh, and he didn't want to be exclusive. So I was like, Okay, fine, I'll go date again. And I went out with another guy and was like, no, I know.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is if anonymously, I think that if you don't care about him going on dates, and I think you should keep going on dates because I don't think this is your guy, I agree.
Speaker 1: But if you care and any part of your body is tingling when you're with him, there's no rule that says you have to go out with other guys.
Speaker 3: I agree. I agree Beca's eggs were all in Haley's basket after your first kiss. Yes, yeah, and like there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, And to be honest, I had dated and I didn't feel anything with anybody, So I think the first time I felt a connection that's strong, I was like, I don't want to go on dates. Here's my eggs, and I'll take your eggs thinking very much, and it was kind of a mutual decision. But I think that if you're feeling like this guy stands out and you aren't really needing to go on dates. You don't have to. You don't have to put.
Speaker 3: Your eggs in other baskets. No, don't let that be. Don't be fooled by that. You don't have to have your eggs in multiple assets. Honestly, the way back when Haley started their relationship is like the dream to guess, like, are my eggs in your basket? Are they in mine? Like it was just like on from day one, I sent like three months being like are we are we not?
Speaker 2: In the in the lesbian world, they call that you hauling. And the thing that really like saved you. But the thing that saved our relationship from moving like way too fast because it emotionally was so fast, was the fact that she left and went on tour and we were like physically separate, which I think literally I think that's the reason why we were able to like have get to a healthy place in our relationship, because I think it would have been so much really fast. I know, I know it feels great, but it's really intense. You know, it was already intense and she wasn't even here. I can't imagine if she had been here and like we would have just like moved in me and my two sisters and Haley that's crazy no, But so my advice is if if you don't want him going on other dates, and you don't necessarily want to be going on dates, I think you have a conversation like, hey are you dating other people? Where are we at? If you don't care about him going on other dates, I think you continue dating until you find someone that you don't want to think about them going on other dates.
Speaker 3: I think so too, unfortunately, and.
Speaker 2: If it's not this guy, it's going to be one of the ones where your eggs.
Speaker 3: Just around the river. Bad. I look once more?
Speaker 1: All right from Kayley Hi, I Begatania, Mark and Easton. I'm a thirty three year old female and so in love with my husband. In four years, we're such a wonderful and happy stage in our lives. My question is about having kids. I wanted to be a mom since I was a little girl, and I always felt like it was for me and I know my husband would be the best dad. However, shortly after our wedding, my brother and his wife had their first child, and to be honest, watching them go through the experiences, my husband and I completely terrified. Their daughter has a lot of behavioral issues. Their pediatrician says it's normal. She throws tantrums constantly daily, sometimes multiple times a day. She screams, hits, bites, cries whenever she doesn't get away. She's not a good sleeper, she needs constant attention. She cannot play independently. And originally we thought it was the terrible twos and she'd grow out of it, but she turned four in January and she's still going strong. On top of all that, my brother and his wife are getting divorced. The trouble started right after they had her, and they've tried to work through it in couple's therapy, but they're moving forward with the divorce. Watching the whole thing go down has us both scared to death. We've also but if your friends recently start having kids, and one couple constantly expresses how much they hate being parents and even say awful things about their baby, Oh my god. When we think about our life long term, we know we want to be parents, but we're so scared of losing sleep, losing ourselves, losing each other in the process. And if it's anything like my brother's experience. I'm not sure my mental health can survive it. So it's our fear of sign that we shouldn't be having kids. Should we just have faith and dive in and hope for the best. I'm so interested in all of your perspectives as Tanya has, and she's hoping to start her own baby journey soon. And I'm a Becca through and through, so her advice always gheits home. I'm also counting on you, Mark to bring the positivity out of this one. I love you all. Thanks for being that podcast besties.
Speaker 2: Tonya just eyeing me through on the wide eyed the whole time. Kayleie, I think you're going through something that so many people go through, Like I think you have an idea of what you want in your life, right. You want to get married, you want to fall in love, you want to find your person, and then you want to create babies and have babies and be a mom and be a parent. And then the thing is is that I think when our parents were parents, like my mom never complained about being mom. My mom never made it seem hard or like a burden, and so I didn't know of anything other than just like pure bliss, enjoy being a mom.
Speaker 3: Until social media, really.
Speaker 2: Social media, and like being and also being an adult and like having a reality of how much sacrifice and like love goes into being a parent, and also hearing like it is people say it's like the hardest thing you do, but like you have never experienced the love like that, And I think that. I think there's so much beauty and getting to experience that. And I also think we have a little more insight into the potential of challenges that comes with being a parent more than ever before. People talk about it, like way more openly than ever. And you also, the thing is that you don't know what you're gonna get when you become a parent. And Mark's only well Toni's a stepparent, but Mark's the only parent in here who has you know, navigated having kids.
Speaker 3: But I'm interested in when she said, I'm scared of losing sleep, losing ourselves and losing each other in the process. This is a wacky idea, but I feel like the first three years is when it's like really intense. This is what Robbie's you know, taught me, is like that's when it's like the first few years when it's like a baby baby. That's when you're really losing the sleep. That's when you're really losing like the all of that stuff. There are so many kids that are out there that need to be fostered and adopted. If you guys know that you want to have kids and you want to have a family, but maybe you don't want to like loose sleep, lose yourselves and lose a thing. What if you foster to adopt a child that's like for and up, Well.
Speaker 2: That comes there's a lot of there's a lot that comes with that too.
Speaker 3: Emotionally, I know, I know, but she's saying she believes it in her heart that she wants to be a parent, but she's scared of these certain things that I feel like come with like a baby baby. So maybe fostering to adopt is the way. Well I think, I know, there's a lot of idea.
Speaker 2: It's not nothing. I mean, having a baby, no matter how you do, it is like the most beautiful I think, like one of the most sacrificial, loving things you can do, whether it's you have the child biologically or adopt or foster, whatever the reason. But marg I guess the thing is you, as a parent, you are going to lose sleep, like that's inevitable.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna lose all three of those to some extent, not completely, but you are gonna lose sleep. You are gonna lose yourselves, You're gonna lose each other a little bit. But you're also bringing in such an incredible joy into your lives, and that's okay. You're willing to sacrifice some of that for the positives. You're only focusing on the negatives in this email. There's nothing positive in this email about having babies except that it was your calling when you were a kid. But there is so much positives. And I've talked on here before and extensively. There's a Marken Easton show from years ago where we talked about this a lot, the issues we had with my daughter and her anxiety and how I was completely ill equipped to deal with that, and how I am not proud of how I dealt with that, and how I'll never forgive myself or how I dealt with that. But even with that stress and craziness that brought into our lives, the joy of having her far outweighed any of that. Like it's not even close. It's not even a conversation maybe I wouldn't have to go through that, but then she's not in our lives, Like that's not even a thought. It's the most glorious thing. Being a parent is incredible, and when you hold your child for the first time, that's what you're going You're gonna be flooded with and you're gonna know that you made the right decision, and you know that it doesn't matter what the future may hold. There might be behavioral issues or anxiety or who knows what could happen, it's all worth it in that moment and throughout it will all be worth it from that moment on, and you'll know when you hold her, you'll know this was worth it. And I wouldn't change a thing, and I would die for this child.
Speaker 2: That's what I hear consistently. And I also, I know it's totally different, but I do think it's different when it's your child, like when it's your choice. But no, fine, I think it's different when it's it's yours. And you're comparing your your brother in law brother.
Speaker 1: Who her brother.
Speaker 2: You're comparing your brother's situation, and it sounds like they're in the trenches, but I'm sure they wouldn't give up her for anything, like they probably are, like she's crazy and we're dealing with a lot of behavioral stuff, but I we love her because she is theirs. And I think that it's the same, like it's it's different, but it's like I don't necessarily I love dogs, but like what I do for Phoebe and how I love Phoebe is so different than.
Speaker 3: How I love well, I love.
Speaker 2: Sonny, but like what I tolerate with Phoebe, I would never tolerate with you know, she could be on the rug And I'm like, can I love you? And if another dog peace, I'm like, is your dog not pot potty tray in your dog? But I think it's like when when it's your child, like there's an innate love that you have for them that that conquers all the challenges. And it doesn't mean that it erases the challenges. I just think that the love that's there conquers those And I also think that in terms of your relationship, you hear people it is hard to navigate those times in your sleepless and you have this new baby that you're caring for and you're tired, and your like patience is limited, but making time for each other to make sure that you stay connected and it might be a few hard years, but you come back to each other, and I'm assume that it makes you stronger when you come back to each other.
Speaker 3: I also just feel like though I think that I think that normalizing the conversation of like, it's okay to not have kids as well, for sure, totally, but I think I do think there's.
Speaker 2: A lot of negativity around becoming a parent.
Speaker 3: No, but there's also a lot of negativity around people who say they don't want to have kids.
Speaker 2: But she said she's always thought she would be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I really maybe it's changed.
Speaker 2: Totally, But I'm just saying I also feel there's a lot of negativity around becoming a mom, and I don't. I think that it should be also the positives should be praise. And I also think, yeah, if you look at all these things and you go, I don't want it that bad, like being a mom isn't doesn't trump these things that I'm scared of, then yeah, it's okay to also not want to have kids. Like I've I've navigated these feelings back and forth so much, especially the past few years because Unfortunately, there is a time clock. You know, the clock is ticking biologically, so annoying. But I think that there's so much beauty in both decisions. But I just want to I want to not have kids based on the negative experiences that others are having.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also what I said is from a dad's perspective, a mother child bond is that much more powerful. Yes, So yeah, just you wait, none of these concerns you have now will exist when you're holding your baby.
Speaker 2: Wow, they might. Let mean, I've talked to some people that you know, it's I think postpartum is gnarly.
Speaker 1: Well, that's true. That's a whole other conversation.
Speaker 2: There's that's the thing. Like, I think that people are finally talking about things postpartum, like anxiety and intrusive thoughts and things that we never heard anyone talk about. So I think there's I get the the hesitation around just jumping into it now because there's it's important to think about things. But it's also yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Are so gnarly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like when I think about myself and my luteal phase, I'm like, that's just my luteal phase.
Speaker 1: Wow, my wife had our oldest alley. Uh, without any drugs, not intentionally.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They gave her an epidural and it didn't take Uh. There was a trainee on staff that night. Yeah, and then they brought her into the delivery room without any thing, so straight raw doctor. Damage was done down below in the process. She had broken blood vessels all around each eye, like she went through it. Sure, here I go. And when she held Ali, the first thing she said to me was it was all worth it. And it's been eighteen years and she would say the exact same thing. So yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: And people keep doing it. So you know that there's the love erases the pain and the torture, like because people go, I remember I've had I had a friend who was like, I'll never do it again. The pregnancy was horrible, the you know everything about it. Had another baby, it's like your brain goes yep, Wow, this is the great. There's something about it that people go back for more. So there's a testament to that. And it's okay to choose a different paths. I agree, whatever you choose, We're rooting for you. It's beautiful. Life is beautiful.
Speaker 3: It is beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's all about how you make it. Yes, we have an email from Anonymous and her sister in law is making up lies. But we're going to get to that when we come back. All right, Mark, this one stressful.
Speaker 1: Anonymous ses Dear Easton, Becca, Tani, and Mark in no particular order.
Speaker 2: I love that the order has become a sensitive topic.
Speaker 1: Day one Scrubbery here, thank you for bringing me so much joy each week. I had the privilege of attending the Live San Francisco show, and I hope you just had to do it again. That was a good one. I need your advice. I recently went on a group vacation with several other couples that I don't know very well from my husband's brother's birthday. Over the past year, I've lost weight through pilates and running. My sister in law repeatedly old people on the trip behind my back that I'm on ozembic. One of the other women told me what was being said and even defended me when I wasn't there. I am not taking ozempic. I have nothing against it, but whether or not I'm taking ozempic is irrelevant. It is rude and appropriate for my sister in law to spread that narrative. She doesn't know that I'm aware of what she did, and I don't want the person who told me to get dragged into the drama. This is also not the first time she's made up something about me behind my back. My husband is furious and wants to address it, possibly by talking to his brother, but I don't want this to create lasting damage in their relationship. How would you handle this? Should I address it directly with my sister in law? I hate confrontation. Should I let my husband handle it? Or should I just let it go?
Speaker 3: I mean, I know what I would he just let it go. I'd let it go, let it go, like like you know what I say?
Speaker 2: What I go? Did someone tell you that I was on a zimpic and then she'd be like what why? And You'd be like, oh, someone on the party mentioned that you that you said that I was on no ozempic. I'm not. I'm not taking ozempic. That's what I'd say, you know.
Speaker 3: I just feel like nowadays we have so many tools at our fingertips. You can go on your Instagram and post a picture at your pilates class and say I'm so grateful to pilates and running for helping me shed the weight, no shade on ozembic or Manjaro. But like I did this one nd per second. What I'm saying is like, if there's been passive aggressive no, but like who people might be not just the sister in law, other people might be assuming that she's on ozempic. So it's like, if you're upset about this narrative that's being spread, it's probably not just coming from your sister in law, because I think that society nowadays, if people lost, if people, if someone loses a lot of weight, everyone's first thought is to Zembic Manjaro, And so it's not you know, it's set me whatever, trizipitide. And if that's not, then we go be Manjaro all the things. And if that's not the narrative that you want out there, then correct the narrative yourself and take it into your own hands and post a picture and say proud of this. I did it without any medication, like whatever you want to say. But you can control the narrative in your own way. I think go into your sister in law personally. I just wouldn't. I don't want to have confrontation with my sister in law there's no point. She might just think you're on it and like said in passing, I'm just gonna go on on on her side and say she probably wasn't doing it ill willed.
Speaker 2: She seems like she's done this before though a little.
Speaker 3: I don't know. If she is bitchy and she is like that, then confronting her is not going to help the situation.
Speaker 2: I'm I think the opposite because I think if you if you ask direct a direct question, but you're not accusatory towards her of just like, hey, did someone tell you that I was on a zembic, Like I'm not like I've done it all naturally, it just makes her go like, oh I need to stop running my mouth. And maybe not, but I just think if someone called me out on that, I'd be.
Speaker 3: Like, you would not do that. I think I would as someone who does not like confrontation, you would not do that.
Speaker 2: I've been getting better about my conversation.
Speaker 1: Sure, did the husband talk with his brother?
Speaker 2: No, because what are they gonna know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, basic should be.
Speaker 2: She's good. I think she says anything to anyone, Hey, bro, my wife's not ozimpic. Tell your wife stopped talking about my.
Speaker 3: Wife and then he'd be like, okay, and then he'd probably.
Speaker 2: Forgets Okay, I'll let her know tonight, bro Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then tonight comes and goes and he never says anything. No, I forgot that.
Speaker 2: Hey, did you know that Sherry's on ozimpic. That's what I'm saying. I could get twisted. I think if you're gonna if you want to say something, I think you do it and and again you go at it and not accusatory way, just like to let her know that you know that she's running her mouth. Or you can go Tanya's approach and just post and say, like your own narrative, so grateful for all the pilates and running and no ozimpic or semi glue tide or monjaro.
Speaker 3: Yeah no or no science, this is all natural, whatever you want to say.
Speaker 1: The bottom line is you look great.
Speaker 2: The thing is. The thing is people are talking because you're having results. Yeah, and you know how you're doing it. And regardless of if they're regardless of how you did or what you did, if you feel great about yourself, that's the important thing that you need to focus on. If your sister in law is someone who runs her mouth don't let her run her mouth like, if she's gonna be that way, let her be that way.
Speaker 3: Let them, let them.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 3: Take people as they are, take people as they are.
Speaker 1: Having it, not bother you is pretty pretty good defense.
Speaker 2: IM just saying yeah, yeah, but also calling someone out on there is a good Don't let people. Don't let people talk about you without having a conversation.
Speaker 1: All right, do your favorite Do not look at the next page because there's a quiz for you guys already.
Speaker 3: Hear right, the auzy one. Yeah, yeah, I thought it.
Speaker 1: I'm supposed to quiz you on these and you already looked at it.
Speaker 2: I didn't look at it, so you can quiz me.
Speaker 1: An Australian accent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I read. I read the prep When Sam said, do you.
Speaker 1: Want to do with this question in your Australian accent?
Speaker 3: Uh, I don't think I would do it, all right, I wouldn't either.
Speaker 1: Good day, Becca, missus yadagar Mark and Easton. My name is Sam and I want to congratulate Tony on a recent nuptials. So thrilled for you. Like many others, I love hearing the origin stories. So here is mine. I found scrubbing enduring the longest loneliest Lockdown days, where Melbourne, Australia had one hundred and twelve days straight of lockdown stay at home orders due to the pandemic between Grayce and Aatomy and the days of scrubbing in. Somehow I got by. I stumbled across the pod and then listened to the back catalog and was hooked listening to every episode from then until now and have now begun re listening to fill in between waiting for new episodes to drive. Wow. Sam, that's great. My favorites are always the chit chat between Becca, Tanya and Mark and Easton. You don't know it, but you've all been there through some challenging days, the lockdown COVID days, but from the end of a relationship, the end of a teaching career, through mental burnout, relocating and moving back in with my parents, and my forties to start over again, through reinventions and reinvestments. I appreciate you all alongside me through this crazy roller coaster life. I love you all. Keep up the awesome work. Your authenticity, humor, softness, friendship and laughter is so infectious. Finally, good Anya, You're all a bunch of rippers, and I hope to hear in the future episode that missus Yadegar has a bun in the oven aka preggers. I thought we could play a fun game called do you know this? Ostragon slang love you all from Sam all the way from the land down Under. So Tanya, you can't play this game?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I read them already, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Becca? What is a barbie?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, the skewer? What's a bob?
Speaker 2: Is that a girl? Yes?
Speaker 1: Very good?
Speaker 3: What's a motzi?
Speaker 1: I think maybe just mazzi, mazzi, m o z z i e mazzi, a car drag. It's short for something something that's annoying. A no, slightly higher pitched.
Speaker 2: Oh, mosquito?
Speaker 3: Yes? What about a Macca's McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: What about a Dunna? Am I doing a good Australian accent?
Speaker 2: What was that one?
Speaker 1: I doubt it?
Speaker 3: Can you do that for Mark Dunna Mark d u.
Speaker 1: N n y Dunny or Dunna. I would never have guessed this in a million years.
Speaker 3: Did you go to the Dunna.
Speaker 2: The dentist?
Speaker 1: You should go to then before we go on our trip, you should go to the Dunny the store shut the mall toilet.
Speaker 2: It's a long colge toilet.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's such a bludger.
Speaker 2: Losers, douchebag, cheeter.
Speaker 3: A spill it a spit the dummy Scottish.
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 1: Spit the dummy, spit the dummy. Yeah, someone spit the dummy.
Speaker 2: Someone, well, someone fell someone No, drop the ball.
Speaker 1: Robbie left his socks on the floor and Tinya split the dummy.
Speaker 3: Oh she freaked out, got upset. Yeah, let's go to talk talk.
Speaker 1: I've heard this next one fadcom fat income.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's okay, fadcum. It's not false, but it's bad. Incum, it's not false, it's true. Yes, wow, really lead a horse. But uh, criaky, crikey, crikey.
Speaker 2: Shoot like dang, oh oh my, like, oh my god, crazy.
Speaker 3: Cricky dogs cheers, no, uh talks. Go you go to the beach. Make sure you take your dogs.
Speaker 2: Your towels, your bag. You're some suit YESU.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's nice, Sam, Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Sam. That was so fun. Great great work Tanya and Mark.
Speaker 1: I've never been able to master us.
Speaker 3: Really hard one.
Speaker 2: It's a really hard one.
Speaker 1: When I was there, we went there for a honeymoon, by the way, so oh my gosh, wow, and I had it down pretty good when we were there, but it's gone now sorry.
Speaker 2: You should return.
Speaker 1: I should.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's all. We're leaving, that's it.
Speaker 3: We got to go. We're gonna go down and it's like British now goodbye.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Australian almost sounds like a really thick Southern accent, like there's a drawl or something to it that nar I love Nor, I always say Nor. Haley always goes like, I feel like you could have like that, you would have a good Australian accident. I'm like, all I can say is more yeah, And I don't even know if I do that well, But that's all for now. We hope you have a wonderful weekend, enjoy the spring weekend. Yes mid April. We love you so much.
Speaker 3: By love you,