Speaker 1: So we're gonna talk a little bit about Housewives today, not the show. I don't want to talk about the show, about a couple of things that came out this week in the media that are about a bigger conversation, a bigger topic. So Teresa who married? I think it's Louis or Louis ruey Less, who I met one night at this MTV Awards event and he was really really nice.
Speaker 2: And I like Teresa. I don't know her that well.
Speaker 1: It's sort of like people assume that all the housewives know each other and we talk about each other, but we don't know each other.
Speaker 2: Some do.
Speaker 1: Some are really good friends, you know, especially across different franchises. But I've met Teresa probably less than a handful fewer than an handful of times, and the only time I really ever spoke to her was in a dressing room at Watch What Happens Live, and I have watched from Afar. I like, I just think Teresa's a great television character. I am sure that I put her on my Mount Rushmore and she's one of the people that I feel like, overall has pretty much put it all out there on reality TV, and I respect that and I remember watching Jersey for the first time because I think they were next before Atlanta, and i'd have been. I don't know who was first, but we were New York and and Orange County was first. We were second, and we were originally supposed to be called Manhattan Moms, and when they changed it to Real Housewives, we didn't love that idea. And then we heard the Jersey was coming in and Atlanta, and we were sort of like threatened or competitive or confused. And I remember Teresa coming on and paying a lot of cash for furniture in this suburban Jersey home and that was crazy. Later when they got into financial troubles and then she sadly went to jail, which is heartbreaking, leaving her daughters. And she was really strong and she's got to be a really tough woman to endure that.
Speaker 2: And Joe is living his best life now.
Speaker 1: He's posting Juicy Joe, and you know, it's just he's a funny character. He's got his own little thing going. And she's married to the Sky and she seems madly in love. And I said on social media when she was on watching Rappins Live, I said, I'm going to jump through my phone if she doesn't sign a prenup, just it doesn't matter what your financial situation is. Who has more money than who? And when it's almost like the way that serotonin happens in azytocin, when you're first in a relationship and you're intimate and you feel connected, and you could feel like you love someone even if you don't actually love them. You just feel things that may not be in sustainable reality. And that's what happens too with when you're getting married. That's the new car smell. If your car ten years later still smells like the day you got it, then I'm going to put you in the Smithsonian, because that's the point.
Speaker 2: Like it will.
Speaker 1: Something will spill, things will happen, and life will get a hold of that car and wear and tear, and it's going to be a different situation. And eventually you might want to keep it as a classic car and always appreciate it. You also might want to upgrade it, you might want to sell it, you might want.
Speaker 2: To torch it.
Speaker 1: And relationships certainly do not evolve into the same thing that they were the day you walked in. And I don't even think I know that, Teresa, and everybody should be signing a prenup no matter what their financial situation is, and so I guess they have some tax issues. And they were spending like drunken sailors too. I remember someone from the Housewives was telling me that Teresa had a new boyfriend and he's flying her private and I was like hmm, and then that he's on the show, and I was like, hmm. It just doesn't seem like someone who's flying private is going to be on that dumpster fire of a show. And Caroline Manzo described it best like somebody like if you hang up by dumpster, you're gonna smell like garbage or something. I mean, you know, And I'm about to prove that all of this is a dumpster fire. And there are devout Bravo defenders like these bloggers that will come in and be like Bethany made all her money from there, and now she wants to bite the hand that feeds you.
Speaker 2: That's just very stupid.
Speaker 1: First of all, I've made much much more money off of television and doing things that have nothing to do with that original platform. And I got myself on The Apprentice, I got myself on the Housewives, I got myself offered a TV show at the same time as I was offered to the Housewives, which is why they scrambled to get everybody's contract signed because I was about to film a different show. When I had been talking to the housewives and they got real they hustled real fast because they were like, wait a second, she's about to do something else. So I've had opportunities, so take it easy.
Speaker 2: Slower.
Speaker 1: Role I used to was, I was the largest importer of pashmina in the world when I had Princess Peshmina. When I started importing thousands, tens of thousands at dolls a peesh medias from India before it was a thing. I used to produce large scale events like the rock on Alcatraz con Air. I was always somebody who was going to be successful. Sorry not sorry. If you are a successful person, you will be successful anywhere. And compare my success to anyone else on the Housewives. Okay, I'll wait, because being on TV doesn't mean you're going to be successful. It's actually fools gold and many people have started businesses and seeing how hard it actually is. Meaning I'm so glad that Sonya has made a successful living being on television. And the same thing goes for Teresa or Cheer or all these people that are you know that I actually really like and respect and cheer for and Gretchen and all these people. But any of them who have been in business will tell you it is not as easy as it looks because you have to run a business operated business, You have to deal with a lot of things. So we are not That's like saying Kim Kardashian is who she is because of her sex tape. Kim Kardashian is who she is because she's a boss bitch. And whether it was a sex tape or cooking show, she was going to go. She wanted it, she was going, and she went, and she paved the way for her entire family, including her mother, her sisters. It's all on her back. She rules, She who makes the goal, makes the rules, and it's her world and they're all living in it at this point. So I am and I can speak on something that I was a part of that I chose to leave. Had I gotten fired and was being bitter, that would be different. I chose to leave twice and not go back and not do another thing with them because I didn't want to be there. So what I want to say to you is something that I posted about on social media is that you know it makes me say so. Jen Aiden also has a situation. I think it's filing bankruptcy. So I started to think about the keeping up with the Joneses, and I started to think about Alex and Simon season one talking about society and the ballet and Jill talking about running with a fab group of people and the high society and looking through the invitations and you know, and I remember the quote unquote real socialites being enraged because we were representing New York and calling ourselves socialites and I wasn't, but people were calling themselves socialites, and it was making the real socialites crazy because we were anything, but no one was a socialite. But it was about fronting and stunting. You saw Alex and Simon spent thirty thousand dollars in Saint Bart's and years later I think they either did bankruptcy or foreclosure. There was some issue with them. And the thing is it happens to a lot of people. No shame, and no shame on them for all putting their best financial flex forward because that's what people want on television, and that's how they had a television career, meaning that's what Bravo wanted. So if Bravo says I want you to wear a blue sweater, I'm gonna wear a blue sweater because it's going to mean I'm going to be on TV and be successful. But it's a self fulfilling prophecy for misery because what happens is I've seen so many people spend so much and the outfits and every and popping tags, and people are spending more money than they're actually making because they are spending ahead of their own personal brand, thinking that the more that they spend, the more that they look like a good character, the more they're keeping up with the other characters, the more storyline they have, and the more they'll get another season. I mean, Erica Jane was, you know, flying private and buying all the things, and her husband was a thief. I knew that her husband was a thief because my ex knew him and told me early on when she first came on the show that her husband was a thief.
Speaker 2: And I told.
Speaker 1: Andy Cohen and Kyle And that happens a lot in this franchise where you hear there's somebody on Beverly Hills that in the beginning someone said to me, this other person doesn't really have it like that. These are the reasons why in this franchise, people on the same cast will always sort of set the record straight and say, well, their house costs this. So this happens. I mean, it's a very vile world. And so I did something on social media saying you have Teresa and Louie having tax issues, which she already had a big problem in her life and she did not sign a prenup, and then you have Jen aied in right now with these issues. So the thing that's interesting is that of the people with legal financial trouble, they're serious, and also the arrested and gone to jail like their serious financial trouble and lawsuits. You have what happened with Teresa that we know. You have Jen Shaw, which is a serious, serious situation going to prison. You have Erica Jane and the Tom situation. You have Kim Richards. You have dor Eaton p Que being sued about being sued for the swimsuit line, but the claims were dropped. You have Apollo Nita, who is the Real Housewives of Atlanta, husband of Phedra went to prison. Sonya, you had bankruptcy, the Karen and Ray Huber, you had them owing back to federal taxes and millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk that much. Nina isn't me. I don't know. I can't play favorites.
Speaker 1: But Nini has had tax leans and back rent issues. Margaret jo sucks, Kelly Dodd and her husband had an issue, Peggy from Orange County, Jacqueline Marita, Robin Dixon, Chara.
Speaker 2: I mean, it goes. It's pages and pages of this choose, you know.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, I can't blame these women because there's a lot of pressure in this environment.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of pressure in this.
Speaker 1: Environment to keep up with the Joneses, and it's sad and it's a little toxic, and you just you know, so when I talk about this environment and forget like the other people on Bravo, forget James Kennedy and all that type of stuff, I mean, it's just it's rampant. So what is it that makes a person who is flying too close to the sun financially.
Speaker 2: Legally, et cetera, that is attracted to this medium? What is it. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Twenty five percent of all housewives have been in legal trouble. Think about that statistic. Twenty five percent of housewives have been in legal trouble. The most common crime of this twenty five percent of house wise is fraud, okay, fraud. The second most common crime is as salt So you're on a show where they don't cast you if you don't appear to be rich or are actually rich.
Speaker 2: The difference doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: You're on a show where ames bags are being shown with a chiron saying how much they cost, and front and center by the camera, and people are always arguing about what people do or don't have, or fronting and stunting clothes, fake reel, all that stuff. It's a flex and it's a pressure. You have all these abcdfg's head to toe logos. The competition is fierce. You can see it so much. You see it so much on Salt Lake. You see it's so much on Beverly Hills, you see it's so much on Atlanta. It's Siri Miami.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The second most common crime is assault. How many times have you seen a wineglass throw and a weave ripped something happened on Potomac when I watched it to rewatch it. So you have fraud where everyone's fronting and stunting, and assault where everybody is either verbally or physically abusing each other on this show. So you can hate me, don't hate the player, hate the game. I don't carry the way. I'm just telling you something smells and it's toxic because it's a dumpster. Lisa Renna was courageous to say that she was sort of in the mind control program, and she went right back to it when she was talking to Andy Cohen because she said something that she seemingly meant and Andy called her on it, and she sort of coward because back when you were on that show, you kind of just felt like you had to kiss the ring, protect the realm. And Andy's word was the word of God. And Lisa was courageous enough to stand on her own two feet. She's got a modeling career. She's, you know, a woman of a certain age who's now doing fashion and fashion week and modeling. She's had a whole second chapter, third chapter, fourth chapter. She's she's you know, has a different career, and she's somehow on a cellular level realized that.
Speaker 2: They don't own her anymore, and good for her.
Speaker 1: So the girls, some girls were talking.
Speaker 2: I saw my comments.
Speaker 1: I didn't I didn't hear it, But on my comments people were saying that some people were saying that I was saying bad things about Teresa's financial situation. I didn't say one bad thing about her or her financial situation. I have sympathy and feel badly because love is blind, and she loves this guy, and I don't know if they were in it together and you know, flying too close to the financial sun, or he was doing things she didn't know about, or what happened. And it's not easy to know everything about taxes. It's not easy to be financially literate.
Speaker 2: Believe me.
Speaker 1: If you are not good at that sort of thing, which I am not. I am conceptually but not literally, you better have good people around you that you can trust, and you better be always double checking them and making sure and babysitting them and auditing them and letting them know that you know, being on top of your game. But the two of them got themselves into some issues, and I strongly hope that her not having signed a prenup doesn't come back to haunt her because in the beginning, everybody's got a plan until you get punched in the face. Okay, So that's what I said about that, and I am completely entitled to talk about it as a person who has a podcast, as a person who's been on the show, as a person who left the show, and as a person who's got facts and receipts and statistics that don't lie. The numbers don't lie. In your normal life, you do not know twenty five percent of people that have gotten into financial trouble or been arrested. Like that's not even including the arrest You just don't know people that this high proportion of people that have been arrested for fraud or filed for bankruptcy. So think about what we are watching and what we are allowing our kids to watch, and what society is allowing to be normalized.