Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of The Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcast, or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: America, Are you ready to go? America? Here we go? Are you ready for a new show?
Speaker 3: Text?
Speaker 2: Nation is ready?
Speaker 1: The number eight, eight eight, the number six, Big Fox. Let's go the Vaux seats today. They'll be coming in wide open another Burgess fall battle today.
Speaker 2: We'll have that for you. America. Let's go. We got the stories of the day. Ready to go.
Speaker 1: Somebody celebrating an anniversary today on.
Speaker 2: The team, Yes, sir, a big one too.
Speaker 1: I see you America all over the place today.
Speaker 2: I see Louisville, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: I see Mercedes Benz, I see us Seal Tallisee, Alabama.
Speaker 2: All right, so I even see Hickamonga. Are you ready? K A Monger's ready? Fife is in the house.
Speaker 1: Uh so, pardon that I got distracted. Didn't see oh y'all coming in there all right, so uh Speedy, Greg and Adler as you heard all here for another day. Of course, a lot of hay Roberts up there. Hey Remick, Hey, uh so I mentioned, uh and we will we will recap a little bit from from yesterday. Well, we got our guests, as I mentioned, uh, and a big day for Calvin Speedy Wilburn. It's a big one that Yeah, but he's got a big one today. He's uh twenty fifth anniversary yeah for he and two Terry Wilburn. Yeah, baby right there on the word day. Got a lot of stuff going on, m happening, God, lot going on. You know.
Speaker 2: You get to twenty five though, and you're like.
Speaker 1: Hey, are you just are you just gonna punt to the weekend?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah try. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know that it's gonna be tough this weekend with the stallions and everything else going on.
Speaker 2: You can't really you can't break away really.
Speaker 5: Uh and so but we're good, I mean, luckily she is she is when it comes to stuff like this.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know, I.
Speaker 5: Know, it's like okay, everybody says, but we don't have to go anywhere do anything special to enjoy the day with each.
Speaker 1: Other, but we will try it.
Speaker 5: We'll definitely do something tonight and then and then piece it together as we go along, and then maybe just delay something a month or two until we can have a little bit of time.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll we'll revisit. We'll revisit today because.
Speaker 6: Pictures.
Speaker 1: He's laughing at Smitty's old picture at a little awkward today. You didn't wear your staff shirt.
Speaker 6: Why are y'all wearing all the three wearing the staff shirt?
Speaker 2: We clearly sent that in a text.
Speaker 1: You didn't see the text we're taking. We're taking we're taking promo pictures.
Speaker 6: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 1: Did you not get that?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Are you sure? Look at the look at the vox group text.
Speaker 6: What time? What timelock?
Speaker 2: Eleven o'clock?
Speaker 6: All three in your And I'm sitting here like, did I miss something?
Speaker 1: You'll look a little they'll look a little off in the picture today.
Speaker 2: That's all right, You're good.
Speaker 1: It'll look like, well, look here, the team's got a fan of the show with him. Yeah. They Oh they're doing that inner city bitterstry.
Speaker 6: There's their their goth son.
Speaker 1: Look at them helping this homeless man. How nice giving him some shelter. Oh god, that's good. No, this was total coincidence. We're messing with you.
Speaker 6: Are you serious? Coincidence?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: All three? Well big, because I was. You know how, sometimes you have to be careful, you know, if your if your wife handles the laundry, you have to be so careful. You better not ever bring up, Hey, where's my where's my so and so?
Speaker 2: Shirt?
Speaker 8: Boy?
Speaker 1: It'll set them off. Oh yeah, you know. Well, let me tell you something. Well, what happened was.
Speaker 6: Back when my own laundry.
Speaker 2: Now, when we did the.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I did the classic husband where I messed up the laundry one time, so I'm out. Yeah, but by the way, young husbands do that early on. Okay, but I was when we did the show on location at the Celebrity pro am, I was gonna wear the staff shirt I have on today. And this is the one, by the way, that's available in the store if you want one. We saw some of those out at the tournament. They look good on you out there. And this is the one Gary has Hey shirt and it has the RBS logo with the microphone and what would you say? This is a gray shirt? Yeah, because I knew it was gonna be warm that day. This is the one I wanted to wear.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I couldn't find it, and I wasn't about to say where's my where's my gray shirt?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: So I actually thought, well, I today, we have guests coming in, and I'm gonna go wear that shirt. And I found it hanging in the laundry room. It had not made it to the closet, which I would not bring up, and so I just swore it. And I walk in and Baby Brothers got his own, and then Speedy comes in and he's got his own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 6: Y'all should buy a lottery ticket today, well, and then gambles grad or you also gamble a bunch today.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 1: What does RBS stand for it? That's funny. My wife said, there's never been a more appropriate logo for you and a new show it has BS in it. Yeah, Rick Birges's show is what that stands for. I hope you're not being serious.
Speaker 6: It's funny.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I had I had trouble finding mine because JC is back home for a period of time. He's finished school and started his job, and it's in Birmingham where we live. And so he's back at home right now. Started yesterday first day, and it's he's he's taking everything and they all my boys have. Like the other day, Tyler was wearing a belt. He's like, man, I need a new belt. I've had this one forever. I said, you took it from me. That's my belt, you know. And everything y'all are wearing is mine. And yesterday I couldn't find I was wanting to wear this and I couldn't find it. And I was like, Terry, what happened to them? Have you seen it? And and I said, I know what to do. I'm going upstairs. I go upstairs and j C's up there. Hey, son, I said, have you seen the staff shirt?
Speaker 2: The gray one?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wore it and and Mom cleaned it, and I guess it's back in my clothes and it's in there.
Speaker 1: I said, you take you. I said, you take everything. He had your staff and I said, and this white tidless hat, that's my hat. That's my hat. Did Tyler give you that? No, sir, I said, that's my hat.
Speaker 2: You've taken.
Speaker 1: That's my golf belt.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? They just take they take my stuff.
Speaker 1: I can't find anything if only they give every now and then, Yes, I.
Speaker 5: Go, I go to college, you know, and we're getting some some blonde You're ready for the whole baskets my stuff.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm like, well this is this is where my shirt is?
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: I thought that wouldn't be an issue for me because I you know, I had a big run and I tend to be a little large. Yeah, and have been super had super large and and still like my kids like to wear things that are that are big on them. They don't even care. And is that popular or something?
Speaker 5: So shorts shorts that we we don't share obviously they're a lot bigger than me, and and so we don't go shorts, and we don't go shoes everything else.
Speaker 2: So everything else is it?
Speaker 7: Hat?
Speaker 2: Ain't got a chance?
Speaker 1: The hat ain't no hat. Golf clubs, Hey, where's my iron?
Speaker 2: Where's my pitching wage? But who's got my who's got that?
Speaker 6: Boy?
Speaker 2: They'll grab it?
Speaker 1: Did you take my prevy?
Speaker 6: Once?
Speaker 1: I had a whole box out there? Adler also greg pointed out that if these shirts that we're wearing right now just simply didn't have a logo on them, this would be a disaster, we'd all be like, oh, well, we all wore the same shirts. Yeah, but as long as it has a logo on it, it's like it's official. It's you can It's like wearing a jersey. We can like and we're all on the same team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, guys, do look like a pit crew? We Yeah, it's speedy. As far as the sun's taking your stuff, you guys seen this picture where it's like the sun and the fall or standing at each other and like the father's taking pieces of himself and giving it to his son. That's what you're doing. But it's your clothes.
Speaker 1: You're taking all your stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is as we're wearing your shirt?
Speaker 7: Yeah, just.
Speaker 2: Eating a.
Speaker 6: Fit more meat?
Speaker 2: More meat? Is that what he just mo meat?
Speaker 6: The very first I woke h up on Saturday morning, the very first words out of his mouth was BD he loves he loves bred and his r's or w's right now. It's the accust thing. Ever, I'm I'm gonna have to correct that before school.
Speaker 2: Enjoy it now, we'll be back.
Speaker 9: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, So is your home just get real?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Does your room your home have this reputation? Your home is the place where plants and trees go to die. Is that the rep for your home? Well, that could change right now with help from our friends that we partner with at Fast Growing Trees dot Com. Fast Growing trees dot Com. There's all kinds of reasons to use them, but one that really stands out is, I don't know about you, but before we discovered them, we were throwing a lot of money down the toilet on plants and trees that we were purchasing that just would die. The reason why we didn't take our climate into account, We didn't take our soil into account. We didn't know about shade and light and all that. You can't really get all that information when people are standing in line, you know, at some box store, at the nursery, loading stuff into your vehicle, you know, knocking dirt everywhere. Well, Fast Growing trees dot com over two million happy customers. They send the plants in the trees directly to you so you don't have to go pick them up. And then they are experts and they're available to you with their expertise to make sure you're ordering the right plants, the right flowers, the right trees for your situation, and they're available to you throughout the process at any time. So's it's the best of all worlds and now's the time to be planting. And how about we get you an additional fifteen percent off because right now they've got things available up to half off on select plants and some other deals. But because you're part of our group, you're going to get an additional fifteen percent off at Fast Growing Trees dot com using the code Rick at checkout. This is a game changer Fast Growing Trees dot Com. The code is rick, Perfect time to save, Perfect time to plant. Offers valid for a limited time. Terms and additions may apply some things that are still to come. We'll review the twenty five years of Speedy and Terry. We don't have yes, well, no, I want to go back to how y'all met and all that. We must do that today because it's a hilarious story. And you asked a question of your wife looking back over the old pictures, it's a question that we've all asked our wives, and I'd be anxious to hear what her answer was to you. So we have that coming up. Also, we will review the SEC channel. Thank you to the SEC Channel, and to the Paul fine Baum Show for being kind enough to give the invitation for me to be on with Paul Finebaum yesterday afternoon to talk about the book Men Don't Run in the Rain and Paul and I had a great time, Speedy, thank you for being there making sure that it all ran smoothly and working with the ESPN team, and we had a blast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we really did.
Speaker 5: And everybody there, there's such a pleasure to be around.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: At Region's Tradition, they kind of came in behind us. They used the same area to set up for Paul's show, and they're all so kind and then the same thing on set here. Everybody was so nice. I was able to sit back and adler they had some microphone issues they did, and to see behind the scenes everybody frantically running around and the show's continuing and they're all like little little ants, just running all over the place trying to figure out where the problem was coming from.
Speaker 2: Uh I was.
Speaker 5: I didn't enjoy that, but I just seeing them in action, I was like, oh boy, they got handles, you know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it was watching because we all do deal with this kind of stuff. Like it was funny. I walk up and and and Paul's like, buddy chants, do you have a copy of the book, And I'm like, yeah, I brought you one in there's there's just an extra Apparently we've lost the graphics that that you're publisher Centerce. I'm like, well, we've been there before, yeah, you know, and and so and I think they eventually found them.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but so we we had that and there.
Speaker 5: So they were working through it, through the mic issues, and then they went to break. And when they went to break is when I rolled the video. Uh and and at the counter and I was like, Rick, what's going on? And and then you said that you said he was having like trouble and that you were going to kind of take over this. This is a this is on my Instagram story.
Speaker 1: Here's this part.
Speaker 2: So they're having a little problem with Paul's mike. It looks like I may have to host the show.
Speaker 1: So Paul's handed off to me. I got it, okay, Yeah, And so.
Speaker 5: Here's here's everybody just running around. That guy was in a big handle. He was in charge of the batteries.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then uh, and then there's the home of the SEC Baseball tournament that was at the Hoover met Is where they were on location.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, today and the Vox seats, we have people that are here because they're here for the SEC Baseball tournament. Yeah, they really did a good job of booking, booking seats while they're coming. Good that great bravo.
Speaker 5: Were you surprised, and you probably weren't because we're in SEC nation. Were you surprised that the tenths were already going up? You aren't, okay, And you know, this is the first year where all sixteen teams, you know make it uh and it's what statement? Well, they's they've just changed it up and they've gone to single elimination and then the top four get a double by and all this. So they've just changed the format. But because there's all sixteen coming and they've all been seated and stuff. But because all sixteen are coming, then now you've got the crowd and the fans are coming from all the teams, and you know there's some that always travel well, you know, and and but it was interesting to see you saw about every tent and every school represented yesterday a getting ready. There's four sessions today starting today, which means four games.
Speaker 2: I saw Tennessee's buses. Oh yeah, they're all here. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And it was good because that gave us an opportunity because Paul was not doing the show from Charlotte, so we worked out we were able to go over and hang out in person, and we did a lot of reminiscing. And Paul has been so gracious about this book and all that it was. I mean, it's been we'll talk about it later. And it's funny. Something happened in the interviews yesterday that all of us were like, wow, that was so and I noticed too on the way home Paul had a similar situation, like we did you know we we yesterday we were talking about morning the death, the death of one of our tubers who died their earthly death, Mama jay Is. She went by on the chat room and all of that, and then all of a sudden, I want to Paul's regular callers, Yeah, died and they'd found out during the show yesterday. I heard that on the way home.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When I got home, Terry had the SEC network blaring through the house because she watched the interview and that's what she said. She said, heybody's gotten kind of emotional. I was like, wow, so Rick, did that good? She said, no, no, there's been a someone's passed away.
Speaker 1: No. I thought the same thing. I got in the car and I thought, wow, we really got everybody's quall right, and they really contemplated life.
Speaker 2: It really brought it.
Speaker 1: And then I thought, because based on how the interview ended, you thought that might be possible. Yes, yes, which we'll we'll talk about that a little later.
Speaker 5: But the good seeing Pat Smith old buddy, Yes, and somebody has a long history with Paul.
Speaker 2: He was he was on set. I think he was on before you.
Speaker 1: He gave a little more night inspect.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was great seeing him.
Speaker 5: Well, you know anybody, because we've all been in the industry so long, there's just that common respective Hey bye, we've been we've all been doing this a long time, long time.
Speaker 2: And he's still churning along.
Speaker 1: No doubt. And so it was good seeing it. And one of the things that when you're when you get the opportunity to do something like that that's like on one of ESPN's channels, and of course there's tons of people that follow the SEC everywhere. Uh, it was interesting when you get into your truck. How boo boo boopoo. All these techs start coming, and some of them are hilarious, like one one guy that we we were in the lacrosse world together doing all the travel across and he texts me and he goes, Okay, I'm in I'm in South Carolina. I'm at Dave and Busters and you're on the screen.
Speaker 2: What I looked up? What's going on?
Speaker 1: I look up and you were on the screen.
Speaker 2: What are you all talking about?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 2: I told you, But all right.
Speaker 1: We'll be back, uh, and we'll unpack that a little more. And then some of you that may have seen it or heard it yesterday, we can get your feedback too. So but everything with this book continues to really be kind of wonderfully overwhelming.
Speaker 2: We'll be back.
Speaker 1: A couple of things. First of all, Shador Sanders he has he's got his contract.
Speaker 2: He's done.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, looks like sherdur. At one time, people saying the number two pick in the draft. Some went nuts, like mel Kuiper and thought he should go. Oh man, I thought he was going to have a breakdown. He almost sudered in his pants.
Speaker 2: All right, go.
Speaker 1: A birds birch base yourself. Now come on by this earlier Rick, We're still base yourself, Billow, please let it click. It got an active week, another long day to day birge, but loving it. Okay, So he was the one hundred and forty fourth pick. It looks like that he will settle with the Browns, and I hope he does well. Uh at four point six million for four years, so I took a cut from what it was making he did, so now he makes he makes less for the Browns than he did for the Colorado Buffaloes.
Speaker 2: But that's okay, that's all right. State.
Speaker 1: So about a middle year over a middle year. Yeah, I think he'll be all right. He's gonna be I've been nice little check soon and fell. But wow, that that quarterback room, how do you it's a lot there?
Speaker 2: What do you predict there? Tough?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think we'll see Shudoor Sanders stay with the Browns. He's gonna end up somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Well, at least he can.
Speaker 1: Browns took him as kind of a little something you can work with. Of course, I'm gonna try to comments. They took a lot of them, and I don't even know the kid's name from Oregon, the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and it was I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's good though, But so he gets to compete with him head to head to go. Hey, they took you before me, way before me. But we're both rookies. We're both qbs, you know, from big programs. Yeah, so he gets to compete. Flaco still there.
Speaker 2: Flaco is still there, just in case, just in case he's hanging on. He's the old old veteran.
Speaker 1: They can old.
Speaker 2: Veteran now de Sean Watson, they're no longer involved with him.
Speaker 1: De Shaun Watson says he is not there, but he is going to continue to stay with the massages therapist until he's done. Absolutely gonna work out, but I'm not going to go into it. Worst deal you're going, worst deliver, are you going? I will not ever understand how he got the contract he got.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Dylan Gabriel, Dalan.
Speaker 2: Gabriel, that's right. I like when I talk about people but I don't know their name.
Speaker 6: Veterans Joe Flacco, like you guys said, and Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 1: Can't pick it. He's from pitt and the Steelers took in the first round and he's pretty much been not lived up to the hype. Kenny Pickett, he was the one that faked the slide. You remember, Okay, that's all I went in his college days. He faked the slide that they have to change the rulers. Young Kenny Pickett. Yeah, didn't pan out. He's kind of kicking around the league, trying to land somewhere. Raise your hand. Not a bad player, Raise your hand. Shifting in another part of entertainment. Raise your hand. If Denzel Washington, if he's in something, you'll give it a shot. Yes, absolutely, every hands up. I love Denzel Washington. I wish that Denzel Washington and our meeting for lunch today and I was going to get to talk to Denzel Washington for about two hours.
Speaker 2: That great, that would be really cool.
Speaker 1: I wish Denzel Washington knew who I was and he liked mee Gladiator too yet, But I'm easy on that I have. How about Gladiator too has no hope without him? He makes it, he makes it, but he.
Speaker 2: Makes it worth it. I don't buy the guy, don't Gladiator. I don't like his character though, but he makes it.
Speaker 1: No, he's not a great guy. I don't like him.
Speaker 2: He's just playing but he's not. He was there.
Speaker 1: Horrible choice, horrible choice for the gladiator in my opinion. Okay, I don't buy him as the gladiator. We talked about that.
Speaker 2: Let's not get on that. Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 1: Does a surprise you that, Denzel Washington, this is the headline, erupts after a photographer appears to grab him.
Speaker 2: At is it.
Speaker 1: Ken's that we say?
Speaker 8: Is it can?
Speaker 2: Cons can?
Speaker 6: The movie?
Speaker 1: Thing? Is that the cans feal?
Speaker 6: Then it's just can? I don't know if you said the S. I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: Well you dropping the S.
Speaker 6: I think you dropped.
Speaker 2: I think we're all You're the first.
Speaker 1: Person I've ever heard dropped the ash because there is.
Speaker 6: An S, right right, it's just can?
Speaker 11: Can?
Speaker 6: Can?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I think the debates cons are cans. Denzel had a heated encounter with the photographer at the festival's red carpet. According to a video obtained by Fox News Digital, it was finger finger pointing.
Speaker 2: As an adult, you're telling me they put their hands on it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you don't do that.
Speaker 2: You do not do that.
Speaker 1: And to me, Denzel seems like a pretty laid back guy. Why is spark Lee looking at it?
Speaker 6: He's just trying to hang with his buddy, Spike Lee. And then this photographer gets all weird with him. There is no audio. It's very far away. I think that's asap Rocky by the way. And here he is talking to the guy right here in the wall.
Speaker 2: Score.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's not even over.
Speaker 1: That's not going again.
Speaker 6: He's gonna walk away.
Speaker 2: Look he's still grabbing him.
Speaker 6: Stop it.
Speaker 2: He's still wow, stop it.
Speaker 1: He grabbed it more aggressive the second time.
Speaker 5: The first time, well, he the photographer, to y'all's point, so he's looking at Spike Lee, and the photographer grabs his right arm and kind of to pull him around, so, hey, look at us so we can get a picture.
Speaker 2: And he's like, hey, whoa, that's that's hey. Don't don't be putting you.
Speaker 1: There's no need to put your hands. And and the guy was laughing thinking the second one.
Speaker 5: The guy was laughing thinking, oh, this is gonna this is funny, And all of a sudden he realized, oh, the second one is more aggressive much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's worse looking good.
Speaker 6: And so that's him right here at the beginning speed he rights there on the arm, yes, on his jacket.
Speaker 2: That wasn't.
Speaker 6: He pinched the fabric? No, you don't, Denzel di not like that. So now he's finger pointing.
Speaker 1: Okay, now now people are trying to figure out he's laughing.
Speaker 6: He's laughing, but it's awkward. No, he's still laughing.
Speaker 2: But now he's now this one I don't understand. Again, he looped his arm.
Speaker 6: It's like they're there a wide receiver in of safety there.
Speaker 5: There's got there's got to be a history there. There's got to be that guy has.
Speaker 1: I'll give him the first one. It wouldn't very much. I mean, I understand a little mad about it, but not that mad because all the first one would have been. Of course, the fingerpointing. Denzel didn't like it. You pulled on a fabric. Basically, he was saying, I'm in a conversation and rupt me. I'll give you the picture. Calm down. But that's second ground. Can any of y'all explain the second ground? He didn't think that even the whole time, because he's laughing that he was just kidding.
Speaker 2: And I think so I had to have.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but like I'm saying, there has to I don't think that's the first time they've met, you got well no, I mean, I'm just saying that this guy felt like I think they were closer than they were because he kept reaching out to him. Yeah, almost like hey, I know you turn around and he's like stop.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I hadn't got a clue.
Speaker 2: It just seems that way. See, look, guy's laughing.
Speaker 6: The guy's still laughing and goes pull.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Somebody, no call fat.
Speaker 6: No common sense?
Speaker 1: Okay, are y'all a little bothered that security is not helping, Yes, because they're there. Don't you think they should have gotten involved? Real quicker?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. I think the photographers will overdrest. They were all that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sure, Black Tye.
Speaker 6: People are are respecting.
Speaker 2: His spike lee, look like, I'm not sure what.
Speaker 6: People are respecting Denzel's arm sweep there. They're saying, very nice, the elbow deflection, the forearm control, a clean wrist redirect, well done, and they're like slowing it down and everything. Well, y'all, that's some serious hand fighting with with Denzel Washington on the red carpet.
Speaker 1: You get a blockout angelies, yes, but why how does that guy grab it?
Speaker 6: What a crazy dude?
Speaker 1: Wow, what why? I don't know why.
Speaker 6: I have, Greg, that's a good guess I have. I have a little bit of experience of laughing when you shouldn't laugh because you're having a panic attack. What One time during an internship, I was interning for a radio show, a large radio show. Two fat duos hosted this radio show during my internship. I was still in college.
Speaker 1: I love that show.
Speaker 6: And one day I was late. I was late one one time one day and I actually got a talking to on the air. Oh yeah from the main host.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And he gave me. He told me what I needed here that that can't happen again. There's there's two lists, you know, shouldn't happen. It can't happen. That's on the can't happen list. And I was on the inside having a panic attack, but on the outside I was laughing at the words that were being said to me. In fact, Luke, my brother, talked to me later. He was like, dude, Rick sounded like he was serious, and I was like he was serious. I was having a panic attack, That's why I was laughing. So that's so maybe that photographer was having a panic attack, right, yeah, so maybe.
Speaker 2: That's what was happening. You never know. That's so good.
Speaker 1: I'm about to give speedy second embarrassment to the highest level. No picture, picture picture, you know, my yeah, my desire, but look he's getting a second. My desire, my desire to finally get to meet Denzel. And what if that was my shot and Denzel I grabbed him by his second and I got that, and you thought you thought we were behind you.
Speaker 2: We were going.
Speaker 1: I didn't go, yeah, yeah, you're on t m Z hand fighting with Denzel Washington. That guy thought he was more important than he was, and he thought that he could get Denzel to look over at it.
Speaker 2: Denzel knew him.
Speaker 5: And then he started getting embarrassed Rick and all of his colleagues to the left and right of him, and so he was trying to cover and he just couldn't.
Speaker 1: Mean, you've never been in late again.
Speaker 2: Good job, Thank you.
Speaker 9: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: But the footage, for those of you that are watching on YouTube, is really something. They're now saying it's so massive of a jail break in New Orleans that it's impossible that it could have happened without involvement from the staff. They believe some of the guards or somebody somebody in there's in on this. There's no way you could have had this, A former FBI agent who spent ten years hunting fugitives, says employees of the Orleans Parish Jail, Orleans, Orleans, how you say it? Almost certainly knew and assisted in the massive ten person escape on Friday. And if you haven't seen this footage, I mean they're just all rolling out And how about they going?
Speaker 2: How about they are? How about you.
Speaker 1: Live in Nowland and you already got you know, some crime issues and now you're your local jail just lost ten fugitives and they're running around New Orleans.
Speaker 5: So about the ones in Orange, that's tough. The other one, some of them didn't have it on.
Speaker 6: Like I'm glad they we're white today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So so I wonder if you're if you're if you're on the take, what do you get out of it? So how did they get you money or whatever? What what could have possibly been? Yeah, you know, because you've seen the things in the past when you know about sometimes we got a lady in charge and suddenly suddenly friendly Henry starts making promises about their future romance, little action takes place, and for you know it, I've let my boyfriend out.
Speaker 6: But all that was such a saga.
Speaker 2: My goodness, lady up they made a movie about it.
Speaker 1: You're talking about that, Yeah, you're talking about it's so bad that she's pictured in this story again at the bottom of the page. Can you believe that?
Speaker 6: Did y'all see the toilet that they dug out behind?
Speaker 2: No, here you go.
Speaker 1: This is how they that's how they got out right there.
Speaker 6: They busted this toilet off the wall. And evidently there's more. There's supposed to be more rebar right here, and there wasn't, and they got through anybody they squeezed. Buddy, when you're no way whatever, No, this is it for real?
Speaker 1: Okay, it must be bigger than it looks like.
Speaker 6: Even wrote too easy l O l we innocent.
Speaker 1: And good grammar.
Speaker 6: Wow, look at that room went right through the dumper.
Speaker 5: Someone sent us a message, Uh, I guess that used to be in in this this area. It says it's always the guards that screw things up in jails, always underpaid, corrupt. It's the jail environment that breeds contempt. Family members pay guards off, and girlfriends of the inmates, uh, and and so forth. They they run the in between, he said. He said that's not all guards, of course, but in the history that it just always goes back to some that are corrupt, and it says that environment just breeds it.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: New Orleans has always had a reputation of their law enforcement being a little.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, And it could be that this story is there's something different, and you know, it comes out that there's another.
Speaker 1: Story behind it. But on average that's the case.
Speaker 2: I think, I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 1: From from text Nation, they also said sometimes they can be blackmailed that they have something on the guardage and they get something on the inside. Hey we know about what you did, or are somebody's gonna get you if you don't let us out.
Speaker 6: I think this poster is accurate. Uh, six are still out there. Four have been captured. Okay, So then I've got the press conference in which the law enforcement announced it and what their what their plans were, and what they were doing to uh to stop it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's glasses.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 12: What about the the victims unit for the ornings Fire Sheriff's Office. Once I was notified about the escapees, I immediately gathered a team of experienced staff, and we started calling victims and survivors just to make sure that they are aware of what was going on and that they are safe.
Speaker 1: Do you think on such an impass says that we got in charge of a Halloween costume.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's got Yeah.
Speaker 1: Don't you think the person who's gonna go out and do the press conference after the jail break? Was there anybody in her life that says, I know about those glasses. It's kind of hurt your credibility.
Speaker 2: The lens are baseball diamonds accent.
Speaker 6: Is she like dressing up as the Green lantern? Like what's going on?
Speaker 1: The superheroes here to save the day.
Speaker 5: You know, some of the inmates might have some things going form where they can just kind of blend in with society. But the one that has the tattoo across his face and his nose, that's gonna be that's gonna be tough because he's gonna be easily identified to blend in. I think he has not been captured jet and with that guy there, uh, under both eyes and right in the middle of his eyebrows, they got taded up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be a tough one. Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Antoine that you know you're looking back. Maybe those those those very original markings on your face probably not a great idea when you're trying to blend in to Speedy's point. So so anyway, they've got four of them already sick, still on the run. But I mean, what are the odds.
Speaker 2: I did think that was.
Speaker 6: Smarter them to call, you know, to call them, you know, if they're especially if their local. Hey, this guy that robbed you or whatever, he's out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some might just want to get out of town and hide, and some might want revenge.
Speaker 1: Green Glasses, let me tell you would you would you want revenge if if you're innocent, because you're such an upstanding system.
Speaker 2: And it said we be innocent. They left that.
Speaker 6: Message it was we innocent.
Speaker 1: And too easy, I show you easy to go back. Look, was innocent spelled right? I think it was a oh.
Speaker 6: I had to edit that because there was.
Speaker 1: Some Oh okay, anybody think all ten are innocent. I'm gonna get out on a limb here and say, probably not. Is there one in there? Maybe maybe one ten? That sometimes people are in jail that are innocent.
Speaker 6: They're spelled innocent correctly. It looks like they spelled two in too easy incorrectly. That would be too easy instead of too easy.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that's that's a tough one. We all mess up.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, there's some other things face up there they did. That's fine.
Speaker 1: They took time to do all that. Hey, I need to get on out this hole here we're skaping from. I ain't got time to be drawing while you crawl out, I'm gonna say some things, you know what, because we in it?
Speaker 2: What if we looked up?
Speaker 1: What if we looked in the also for some reason to put right underneath it?
Speaker 2: Hey, Robert, wee innocent? Robert?
Speaker 6: Yea all that room, that steel toilet in there, my those metal beds, thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Top of the hour, more than Rick Burgess show. Right after this, Yeah, to Speedy and Terry. How about that? Twenty five years today? Speedy looking back, looking back, looking back.
Speaker 9: Back.
Speaker 1: So you I'm just gonna walk through this and I will be very respectful. Okay, really well, I'm going to because people may not remember this. There's a lot of people may be new join joined either the old the Rick and Bubba Show, or they may have joined this show with no background on you and Terry at all. Yeah, it's possible. Okay, before Terry, you had a bit of a reputation, well Will being a little bit of a player. No, you do what I said before, it's I said, well, I'm trying to break this up. I'm trying to set this up and help you if you'll just really yeah, I'm just here to help. Is so so much so there became. Then there was a reputation. Adler not trying to drag you into this, but you experienced it a little bit during your internship and early days of working for the Rick and Bubba Show that Bubba and I had a bit of a reputation of destroying people's relationships.
Speaker 5: Relationships came to die and I'm not going to break somebody up.
Speaker 1: Second, I don't know that that was there was any evidence that that was a true narrative, but it was. It was the narrative. So you made the decision to try to hide this relationship from us, thinking we would ruin it as long as I could. And so when we allow y'all to meet her, that's wise. Yeah, And then we started thinking that she didn't really exist, that you were trying to throw us off the trail completely and that we would just not know anything about your personal life when it came to dating and getting trying to find a wife. Right, didn't that sound better?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And you could have left the play a part at right. And so we started and it has nothing to do with this. We started referring to her and we remember the Brady Bunch episode. When was it Jan then invented the fake boyfriend? Yes, and uh, what was his name?
Speaker 8: Greg?
Speaker 1: That's something Glass? Yes, so we strung uh something Glass. I remember us knowing Glass because we begin to call Terry Jane Glass.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 1: We didn't think she was real, that she didn't exist. Well, she did, and now you've been married to her for twenty five years and y'all have three great sons, all adults now. But but you were asking some questions as we review the pictures, and I've been down the same road, so I understand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, asked Terry. I'm like, you know, looking back, I mean, there's more than physical beauty. Obviously you have that, but you know I fell in love with you for me any reasons, and that's those are obvious. But looking back, how in the world did I pull it off?
Speaker 2: You know, uh, and she just kind of looked at me and I don't know, am I supposed to know that?
Speaker 1: You know? Uh?
Speaker 2: And I was like, well, honey.
Speaker 1: Uh, yes, you probably should and probably should know why she went on, why you agreed to continue to date me all the way through an engagement in a marriage, right, you should probably know why you were over how did I pull it off?
Speaker 5: Because looking back at pictures from when we started, there's obvious reasons as to why, you know, why I fell in love with you if you just were looking at pictures.
Speaker 1: But if well, if you look at the picture this week, you would thank you, Ray. But I'm just saying when it started, even even when you were younger, there was still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just just how did that happen? George?
Speaker 1: You know George Glass was her boyfriend's name, Yeah, Jane old name.
Speaker 5: And then going back to your dad, I'm like, did you feel sorry for me?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 2: Was there was there something that air? And she of course giggled, but.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I couldn't really answer it.
Speaker 1: But that's fine.
Speaker 2: Uh, you never got in real detail.
Speaker 5: No, you know, there's some standard you know responses. You love me for who I was, and all this kind of stuff and it's real sweet. You know you're still wondering.
Speaker 1: Pretty general, a little more detailed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: Know, Bro, you were I mean back when you were on steroids, Man, you were here.
Speaker 10: I never was.
Speaker 6: I never.
Speaker 1: Was on steroids.
Speaker 2: I can't go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that's chain and player Chain.
Speaker 2: Still wears it.
Speaker 5: He's like, Dad, I think I need a shirt, you know, because you're working at a bank. I think I need a shirt because they can see my chain underneath the time to.
Speaker 2: Put that up.
Speaker 3: He looks like a break dancer, a professional dancer. Yes, yes, you know, I'm white, but I can still do real good.
Speaker 2: I woke up.
Speaker 6: Bouncer on the side, Yes, but we also entertained.
Speaker 1: He really don't do a lot of security because he's too busy drinking. Greg Well, you know there us going there. Yeah, would would you entertain member of the boy of a boy band?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, speedy brother.
Speaker 1: He's spending on cardboard. I'm telling you, I woke.
Speaker 5: But but then you know, there's so many things, and we can go back, and you know you're not gonna get all mushy and all that, but uh, those are obvious and and Terry and I have shared a lot of thoughts and memories and and and.
Speaker 1: All that our business.
Speaker 5: But I woke up to something that was where my keys normally sit. And it's a little box and and uh pause and and Greg right out of the gate ruined my anniversary.
Speaker 1: You're talking about Greglier.
Speaker 2: It's the Greg effect.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Greg effect. You know, Greg effect? Something so bad.
Speaker 5: Well, I opened the box and there is this sweet little note the box last time when we did said silver for our twenty fifth anniversary, nine thousand, one hundred and thirty two beads for each day we've been married, because each day is worth counting. Twenty five years with seven leap years. Okay, twenty five hearts for every year we've been married, because each year is worth celebrating. I love us, okay. And then inside here is nine thousand, one hundred and thirty two beads for each day you count and see and this is where Greg ruined my anniversary.
Speaker 1: Because the Greg effect took.
Speaker 5: Over me and I went, who's counted these? Is there really nine thousand.
Speaker 1: Stupid Greg affects?
Speaker 2: Stupid Greg? Serious?
Speaker 1: I'm standing there, I'm standing out. You really couldn't count?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I'm gonna I'm gonna trust that this is this is what she says it is. But the first thing I thought of was Greg is Greg the Greg Effect.
Speaker 2: I went, there's not nine thousand and thirty two beads. This is how do we know?
Speaker 1: Twenty fifth anniversary? It's pretty cool, little silver and it's got a bunch of beads in it. Yeah, and it makes me think that they're really small, so they're hard to keep up with. That'd be a tough count. See, I knew it. I knew if you had this kind of machine counting effect right when him coin machine something like that. And he's also got me convinced today that our staff shirts that the microphones too far.
Speaker 2: To the slough? Is I saw that day one.
Speaker 1: You stupid Greg Effects brought it up.
Speaker 6: Greg Effects, you can't have an anniversary, can even have a shirt.
Speaker 1: Look, if you want your logo in your and pit, that's fine. Hey, Robert's awesome, don't let him and all that.
Speaker 2: I'm not, but I will say it's been a tough count.
Speaker 1: Are you open to us getting how many? Getting Terry on the phone today and maybe we asked her.
Speaker 2: Really start on? Okay, are you I'm now look like a jerk. I don't mind speedy thinking.
Speaker 1: Now just now you start looking like a jerky.
Speaker 2: Its just in the last few six seconds. Wheel. I don't mind speedy thinking. I'm a jerk. No, that's every day, right.
Speaker 1: Well, we want to ask her about the beads because then the Greg effect, but we might but I was going to ask her if we can answer this question on how speedople dissolve.
Speaker 2: I mean I did that.
Speaker 5: There is there is that right, definitely, and and we all did out kicked our coverage.
Speaker 1: Nobody in here I can't say they did. Oh, we've all suffered that. You've better be careful with this question. I went so far with it one time with Sherry. She began to question what you did? Yeah, you can go too far with it.
Speaker 6: You don't want them.
Speaker 1: Sherry's kind of like, yeah, I mean I don't know what was I thinking? Right, And I'm like, oh, I went to that same look on her.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: One of them that we're now celebrating is twenty five years of speedy and Terry Wilburn. Oh yeah, what what a romantic day to day that Greg Truant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thought I did. Thanks great, Thanks Ray, You ruined it at three or five am.
Speaker 1: And missus, missus William Wilburn, what am I saying? Missus Wilburn has decided to be with us. I know it's Terry. I know that you've got a lot going on. So thank you and happy anniversary to you and Calvin today.
Speaker 7: Oh well, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Twenty five years.
Speaker 5: She knows out of her element. She does not like this, this port. She didn't like being on.
Speaker 2: I bet her eyes are sore from counting all than beads.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I'm.
Speaker 7: Trying to wake that up because that was up on night counting beads.
Speaker 1: And every bead represents every day because every day should be counted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honey, that was a sweet little thing.
Speaker 5: I know it was just a little little way to wake up and start the anniversary happy. But you had mentioned that that the the the accurate It was an accurate counting. Let's just say that because you bought them in different and different bad and they were all numbered together.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm going I'm trusting the bags because the bag said how many they have been had?
Speaker 1: There you go's okay? So there, Greg, I was you know what, I was curious for that answer because that's that's a commitment to count that many beads.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, try finding one item that silver that has that many things.
Speaker 1: What a great idea.
Speaker 2: You know you went to the beach store. Yeah, yeah, right there.
Speaker 1: There's Cupid and then there's the guy who walks it with a baseball bat and not skeep it out of the sky.
Speaker 2: And Greg, Yes, that's that's so Greg.
Speaker 5: Effect we were we were having fun and asking the question of how in the world did I pull it off? Because I know what I was thinking. But it's funny. My dad sent me a text. He said, I can tell you why because you had to praying, praying, Mom and dad.
Speaker 2: There you go. Well, and now, being being one, I get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know, so, Terry, can you help us? Mom and dad crated and it had to be supernatural. We're looking, we're looking at At one point you looked at Raymond said I think I'll try that, you know, not like that you singing a song.
Speaker 2: I didn't mean, honey, I'm sorry, I didn't mean like I think.
Speaker 1: I think Riley Green just won an award for a something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't mean like that, honey.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Terry, let's try. Yeah, let me, let me, let me be investigative reporters. Kind of stupid, Greg, if I can get the answer that I think the world wants and speedy, can you go back and did it just kind of before you knew it? You were falling in love? And was it the kango hat?
Speaker 12: Was it?
Speaker 2: What was it? Terry?
Speaker 1: I mean, what what did he bring to the tables?
Speaker 2: Break dancing? I didn't break.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I'm trying to think and gosh, I'm trying to figure it out, and I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, like we've gone too far, like a warm God.
Speaker 7: I think I just felt sorry for him.
Speaker 1: Who said over somebody said? Somebody said, was I'm thinking about them beads? So you're your blessed his heart and the combination of his parents' prayers, God did something with it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he just worked a miracle again.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Doing that that laughing.
Speaker 5: It's it's kind of funny because my version that I tell I tell our sons is a little different than her. Oh of course, you know, I claim. You know she she need knee pad because she fell in love with me so hard and she followed me around and I was irresistible.
Speaker 1: And they're like really dead, that's cool. And She's like, really, so do you just roll your eyes when he starts that, Terry, Oh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh yeah, for sure, because I mean but really, I don't know. I just think he don't know, he just was so kind and so caring, and you know, he just I don't know, he just kind of came in and and and just kind of like took care of me. And I don't know, he was just you know, a gentleman and and just I don't know, he just loved me, and I loved him irresistible.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, all these things you said are the things that a woman is looking for, But it's so typical of men to go say somewhere in there that I was good looking.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he was very handsome, especially with his little canko hat on.
Speaker 1: But Terry, I think that what you just said, when it comes to women, and and Sherry's talked about it before, so many men I think misunderstand that these are the things that that women and are looking for someone they think they can depend on, somebody that that that makes them the center of the universe, that gives them attention, that seems to truly care about him, seems to be willing to take care of him. Uh, you know, and uh and has deemed them of value and and you know and and let's face it, Calvin Wilburn, he was a catch.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, absolutely no, I don't agree with that. I got extremely, I got extremely you know, lucky, and I like, I told him he is my greatest blessing.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you sweet.
Speaker 2: One of the textures. I don't want to run everything. And I don't agree with him. They said, it's kind of like Jenny and Forrest.
Speaker 1: Greg Terry Terry Wilbur effect, I have to ask you when he told you about that emailer and about dad, what.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Terry, I'm so sorry. I laughed so hard, harsh. That was so funny. What wasn't even funnier was because I had missed the show that day and so we when the when we saw the guy in the restaurant and he was talking about it, and I was like, what.
Speaker 12: Is he talking about?
Speaker 7: And he looked at that guy and he.
Speaker 1: Goes, yeah, yes, thanks to appreciate you, buddy. And instead of you going oh, bless your heart, you laughed just as hard as everybody else did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Like that, I was like John got some very witty listeners.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, yeah, it is funny though looking back at pictures, you know how it started. And then now you you look at a current picture where you've got so many family members you can't hardly get him in into one frame.
Speaker 2: It's it's really a blessing. It is, it is.
Speaker 1: And you too have been such a blessing to everybody. You got the three great sons, and you have a great marriage. And and Speedy you just you, Jerry, God bless you.
Speaker 2: But Speedy you did good. Thank you?
Speaker 1: And Honey, go ahead.
Speaker 5: And two because everybody, no matter what I do, they want to bring up a couple of things and tell the audience I'm not cheap.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean.
Speaker 1: Honey, why would a Paul Honey?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know. There's there's different versions of cheap, you know. There's you know, I love you so much. It's been twenty five wonderful years.
Speaker 1: Here we go, honey, Jerry, just say it.
Speaker 2: He's a little tight.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: We make decisions together on what we're gonna do.
Speaker 7: It's not just me, you know, Oh I mean sometimes yeah, on like buying a house. We make decisions together.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about to make decisions all the time. He's wondering how much you pay for them?
Speaker 1: Be Cherry, thank you for taking time to be with us.
Speaker 5: I will tell you this. She does go ahead and order for me a lot of times.
Speaker 2: Great, so I.
Speaker 1: Will indecision on ordering a restaurants. Lord help us, Yeah, Lord help us. Be patient, Terry. I love you, baby, love you. Happy anniversary, Happy annivers both of you. Twenty five wonderful years.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: We continue, rick Burgers show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Hey buddy, Hey, I wanted to give you just a bit of flag trivia Disney World. You know on Main Street, how they have all of those flags that line the tops of the buildings and everything. Sure, yeah, well, apparently there is a rule or standard with the flag that you're supposed to take the flag down after dark unless it's lit in a certain way. Is one of those flags they do? They are not real flags. The only one is that main one that they do take down at sunset every day. That all the rest of them are either missing a star or a stripe, so that they are in a quarter with the rules.
Speaker 1: Really about that, now, we assume he knows what he's talking about there we go, we go Greg Effect, Yep, Well, I'm just saying. I mean it's a random call. We had a good story. Uh hello stuff and he gets to going. Rick Burdess show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Hi.
Speaker 10: Rick, I was wondering if you saw the news report about super u is raising the price of their vehicles coming up, and it just if yes, it made me think about you.
Speaker 1: So she heard. She hung up because she was laughing.
Speaker 2: So that was a good super Man.
Speaker 1: But you know, one of the things that was funny, I pulled my speedy because when it comes to vehicles, I'm speedy, cheap, I don't like I don't like to spend a lot of money on vehicle. And so really one of the things that drew me to a super rub was that they're pretty inexpensive. If they make them expensive, then who wants one?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 1: Uh we continue, Rick birders show unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Big heady, this is flip. How y'all do it? Hey? Listen? I was leading the service at our worship service at our church at the time. We had three dates and I asked her to marry me on a Sunday morning in front of a full house.
Speaker 1: You've been confident?
Speaker 2: Are you talking about your wife?
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, we've been married thirty thirty six years New Year's date.
Speaker 2: We just missed the wife.
Speaker 1: Well we missed that part that was that was important Forli. Yeah, well how about that.
Speaker 2: You remember the grocery store proposal?
Speaker 1: Oh, confident that she was going to say, yes, he's up in front of the whole come give you be a second hand embarrassment person and bring up the grocer's terrible click. We ever told Andy Blanks about that?
Speaker 13: I don't know, because we must. Yes, hey click, take that microphone red announcement, Rare, I would like to be my wife. No, I would unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 1: Let me get some bread over here, go ahead, No.
Speaker 14: Good morning.
Speaker 8: Hey, this is Katie.
Speaker 14: I'm listening on I ninety two and Montgomer Adam Montgomery, thank you. Just got a quick thing on the flag etiquette. Can I just say, when you were at graduations, whether it's high school, college, whatever, and you know they've got a moment where everybody stands and the flag is coming on the field, you know the jarity see people are marching the flag out. That is not the time to be screaming your graduate name and blowing air horns, and like, let's be respectful for just a moment.
Speaker 2: What I don't do it? I don't do it during that.
Speaker 5: What about barking, he says, barking etiquette to a tirle point.
Speaker 2: You got to know when to bark and when not to borrow.
Speaker 5: We have that today. By the way, people I do have one of them. Yeah, you don't yet. To her point, you don't bark during that and be respectful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the hold. You got to know when to bark and when not to and when to fold them. I totally agree with that. Time of the hour.
Speaker 9: This is the Rick Burgess show, he.
Speaker 1: Said, Speedy, please show us again. I'm ready to bark at the graduation coming up for me. If you're graduating, you got graduates all over this country. Send us your bark if you have it, send us speedy. So they would, they said, they by far not doing like you've been a coach. Could you coach them a little bit?
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, well you got to cut your hands.
Speaker 1: Text nation, pay attention, audience, pay attention. So I'm cupping my hands like this, do you need to build up a little more of then and you gotta you gotta bob your head.
Speaker 5: But if the if the if the person announcing the names, if that's if they're spacing them out, but if they're clicking through them, it.
Speaker 2: Could it could just be a.
Speaker 7: You know or.
Speaker 2: Could yeah, but anything like like that.
Speaker 5: And I know that right graduations are wrapping up, but I'm getting tons of emails people that are barking and apparently hooting.
Speaker 1: Now that was terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chris, I'm calling you. That was terrible. What are you doing?
Speaker 10: That was?
Speaker 2: I'm doing it? But I really don't want to and I get it.
Speaker 5: Oh daughter just wanted the state and softball give her more than that speedy?
Speaker 1: Did you see that one?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 1: And involves San Antonio? Okay, a scroll? Bring it back down right there. I was at the airport in San Antonio, props toad her and a man asked me to video him proposing to his girlfriend as she was arriving to pick him up from the airport. She refused to get out of the car. He just had to come over awkwardly and get his phone back.
Speaker 2: From Oh god, can I have that bag?
Speaker 1: Hey, never mind, just let me have my phone.
Speaker 2: Let me have my phone. She won't get out. She's afraid I might opposed to her.
Speaker 1: Never mind, she's trying to just avoid it all together. There of her mind, that's mine. So yesterday had the opportunity. You know this, this book coming out has given us all kinds of opportunities. You've got to be on Glenn Beck. We're going to be on handed there pretty soon. I know Handedy's been in the Middle East. When he gets back, I know.
Speaker 2: I'm always back now, so we'll get that well in the Middle East. I did.
Speaker 1: Some of you today are saying that you think you're thinking today that my my interview with the was it the Baptist Global Press? Some people do. Some people said that the News g GP. I just had an email. I said that want to be interesting and I was like really, and he said, looking forward to that? Okay. So I don't know what that means, but I'm but I'm looking forward to being on Okay, And I've already been on two other podcasts that are yet to come out.
Speaker 2: We know that one of them.
Speaker 1: Will be June the tenth, and that's the Art of Manliness. We don't know when Men in the Arena is going to be published, but it should be pretty soon we'll let you know some of the podcasts. Will it'll be almost like let's just wait. But yesterday was real straightforward. It was Hey, come be uh, Paul Finebaum's guest on the SEC Network. They're here for the college uh, the SEC College Baseball tournament at the Hoover met So they had the big stage set up speeding and I headed over there to be on with Paul uh and he was kind enough to do an endorsement of the book. Will you get your pointer out? Speeding? Sure? So we're showing up. These are these images that people are sending you from all over the country. This is a person that was in the dressing room at the gym where they were working out, and there was a the TV above the lockers and they sent this image and Sherry called me over and she goes, will you please look at the CG which is it says reaching out to Rick Burgess And they list all the who I am, author, pastor and host of the Rick Burgess Show. So we're gonna start colling you pastor. Just does Paul think you're a pastor? And I was like, are the ESPN? I'm like, well, you know, I didn't catch that live there there it is U. Thank you Paul, Well, thank you Paul. But that was what it was like. He put on some weight, Greg Paul, not not exactly packing on the pounds. By the way, I owned Paul with something that we debated saying on the air, and we decided it was best not to. But I'll tell you he gave me some information on that too.
Speaker 2: It sure did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, did you keep your sunglasses on the whole time?
Speaker 1: Well, here was the problem. Well, here was the problem. Hair blazing. Pat Smith was on before me and I noticed he had his sunglasses on. No. I thought, what must be the sun must be bright, like when we were on location last Wednesday. You know, halfway through the show, I kept putting my sunglasses on. It off based on the sun. Well, when I sat down, I tried to go with regular glasses and the sun plus the lights they had. I was like, if we'd been indoors, I would not have had those, but we were outdoors.
Speaker 6: Lights will get you too.
Speaker 1: Well, the lights are okay for your indoors, but if you have the lights and the sun behind them hitting you, it was like a lot. So, yeah, that's funny, that's funny. Some way that they thought I had cataract surgery. But anyway, no, so I had these on. But the interview went great. Well, the Paul, That's gonna be the rest of my day, I see. But Paul was called in p R. Yeah, Paul was. We had we had some we had some mic Oh I have something to say about that, but I'm not going. But the the interview was great. Paul asked some great questions. We talked a lot about you know, Paul was there, you know, when the Rick and Bubba Show changed the landscape of radio and when we were all involved in that, and we had fun with that. And then the next segment we talked about you know, what we're doing now and about the book and then really totally unexpected, uh and you know, you know, I guess you know, God's gonna do what he's gonna do. Weaves things together all of a sudden right there on ESPN the SEC network in the radio network, Paul just volleyed up, started talking about the faith aspect of what we do the Man church, and then asked about what it you know going through publicly, you know, Brauner, our youngest son's earthly death and just you know, which that's in the book too. There's a part of that in the book now share His book goes in much more details. And like I say in the book, I don't want to add anything to that because that was so beautifully and God inspired and done. But I did talk about how it impacted Dad and our relationship, and he volleyed that right up to me, and it turned into at one point a major spiritual conversation, and so I was thankful Paul for doing that. I was laughing on the way home, and when I was talking about it with family, I said, you know, only God could prompt a Jewish man to ask me to talk about Jesus on his show.
Speaker 2: So that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it was a great opportunity in my thanks to the SEC Network in Paul Finebombs.
Speaker 9: Is the Rick Burgess show, The.
Speaker 1: Text Nation Rick is the interview with you and Paul fine Baum on the SEC Network. Is there an archive of that? Dare you been looking? I don't know. I don't know ESPN does an archive. I know that Paul has a podcast version of his show audio wise, so that may be out there, but we haven't found it.
Speaker 6: As far as the video being on any of his social media that's not there. I have not checked for audio only on the podcast.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea, Okay, I told you a visual voice. Yeah, text text nation. Someone teach Rick how to say creating? Is that not it? Cretan? Am I supposed to say creating creating? Well they're saying it's not creating.
Speaker 5: Creating, creating, creating, creating. If you really want to just most peogle go Hey, creating.
Speaker 2: It's like, says creatine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's creating. Y'all say creating. It's fine, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Nobody says creative.
Speaker 6: I said creatine because I thought it was like a protein, you know, protein, creatine.
Speaker 1: I'm into fitness.
Speaker 6: I just took some just now.
Speaker 1: Actually okay. Also, Rick, were those blue blockers or coast as you were wearing? Those are coasters? Did you ever get your the ones you left at moms now they're still over there. Yeah, we'll get them today. Getting an updated on mom. Mom's cars fixed. We're taking it back, all right. So, speaking of health, this ongoing thing with Biden. Now, first of all, I want you all to tell me why we care about this. Yeah, because he's he's done. He's not going to be president again.
Speaker 2: That's what they want right there he was defeated.
Speaker 1: Is this, We're gonna make sure we hold everybody accountable so they don't lie about President's health anymore going forward? What are we accomplishing with pointing out what we already knew? And that is the things they told us about President Biden's health mentally and physically were never true. Yes, I mean I know it's being proven now now we are already know what we already know. But why do we care about it so it won't happen in the future? Is that why we care?
Speaker 6: That's a good reason. Yes, And basically I just want to rub it in everybody's nose is to say that all the Democrats in power and all of the mainstream media are f O C full of crap.
Speaker 1: Thank you right there, Bud. Yeah, And and we knew that. The only problem is what I and I'm going to enjoy this too, just like you, Adler. But my only what you know this is true is that everybody who is on the left is going to care nothing about this, and everybody on the right's going to say told you so, and we're all and we're all just gonna stay right where we.
Speaker 2: Were let's go back.
Speaker 5: Let's go back to COVID and how you could and you were you couldn't say things and you weren't allowed and people were getting cancer and all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: If you if you.
Speaker 1: Said what was obvious and no, oh no, how dare you?
Speaker 5: In social media and all this, And then now it comes out that we were all right all along and we were just being lied to. It's just the same way about this past administration is that we all knew his cognitive skills were lacking. We all knew that he was an elderly man that was losing his faculties, and we all knew that, you know, it was a corrupt administration, that somebody was running the government, we don't know who. And we were told that we were unpatriotic for saying it, that we were white nationalists for thinking it, you know, all these crazy comments just because we were stating the obvious. And now because you've got Jake Tapper's book that's coming out today that's going to spill the beans, and all this audio that was released from the her report on Friday, and now his health issues, everything's coming out now. So we were all right all along and it's frustrating. It is, it's extremely frustrating. And I know that, you know, you got politicians and everybody you know says half the truth and all that.
Speaker 2: I got all that, but it's.
Speaker 5: Just extremely frustrating when we knew the obvious, but yet we were told we were bad people for thinking it or saying yes.
Speaker 1: Looking at these adler it looks like to me, the one that I think has the most weight is that we have a doctor on MSNBC, Joe Scarborough can't believe it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and have we.
Speaker 1: Already played this one? Is this the one where he and his wife look like they smell a fart when he's.
Speaker 2: Saying it, okay, now this is that was about something else?
Speaker 1: Because when you go over to one of the big leftist groups and they're having to admit it, I think that's what we will enjoy the most. So let's look at three A and we may hit some of these others too, but here's three A where people is realizing that, you know, Biden, there's no way that Biden just now found out he has cancer.
Speaker 11: Think you're a you're a noncologist, obviously cancer droctor, incredibly respected. You believe that it is likely, just for those just tuning in, you believe it is likely, if this protestate cancer has spread to the bone, that he could have had it for up to a decade.
Speaker 2: But certainly it's likely.
Speaker 11: Would it be fair to say it's likely to have had this for at least several years?
Speaker 8: Oh more than several years.
Speaker 6: You don't get prostitutions.
Speaker 11: Again, I just want to stump you, so your this is not speculation. If you have prostate cancer that has spread to the bone, then he's most certainly you were saying, had it when he was president of the United States.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, he did not develop it in the last one hundred two hundred days.
Speaker 8: He had it while he was president.
Speaker 9: He probably had it at the start.
Speaker 13: Of his presidency in twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yes that I don't think there's any disagreement about that.
Speaker 1: But people are pretending that wasn't so. And you don't have to be a cancer doctor because I'm afraid of the word oncologist. But do you know, do you you don't have to know those things. If you just know a little bit about prostate cancer, you know that it's it's slow developing, and it's over a long period of time. And if caught early can have a high success of eradicating. So if it's to the bomb, he had it, as I mean, like he said when he became president.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I know that the PSA scores can throw you off sometimes, so you'll have to have the rectal exam and all that. And so there's a lot of questions now for the doctors of what was going on. And some people think that this was the ultimate plan all along, but the dementia and everything else kicked in at a higher rate. But a lot of folks think that they were hoping that he would win the presidency and swing around to twenty twenty five into the spring and have to step down because of this, knowing all along he had it, and that's the way Kamala become president, right for female president, and so but you know, I don't know. There's a lot of speculation to that, but what we do know is that we were all been lied to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, the doctors are in that tough position right now. If you are the doctors who have access to the president of the United States of America, you're going to have to come out and say we hid this from you, or we're grossly incompetent, you have to say one or the other. Yeah, And I bet they it'd be tough for them to say, we're so incompetent, we didn't even know had prostate cancer.
Speaker 5: Come on, Yeah, and a lot of people so like say, hey, once you hit seventy five to eighty PSA scores and then following up with the physical exam, they kind of do away with that because a lot of folks might die with prostate cancer.
Speaker 2: That's not what killed him.
Speaker 5: Of course, however, he is the president and he has been having physicals. Now, think you you ran the list rick of the years he was vice president and then the president and then he was in the sense I mean, he's had access to the utmost care available, and so you know, the president's treated a little bit different.
Speaker 1: To a adler. And we talked about this one a little bit to a let's go to the he talks about that he's going to be transparent, and then of course he slips, as we mentioned, but I want to hear it again in twenty twenty two, when he's talking about that's why I himself and so many others have cancer. He said that out loud, yep, But here it is in two a so add or whenever you have that, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Sure, sure thing. Here's first it's September ninth, twenty twenty and so I guarantee you.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you.
Speaker 11: I will be totally transparent in terms of my health and all aspects of my health.
Speaker 3: And when it comes to Donald Trump versus me, just look at us, Okay.
Speaker 6: All right, now here he is July twentieth, twenty twenty two. That's why I had so damn any other people I grew up have cancer. And then that was the slip up in twenty twenty two, and then here is twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: I've laid every bit of the record out.
Speaker 9: The thing.
Speaker 2: Go and ask Trump for his Okay, I laid it all out.
Speaker 1: I hadn't hit it, by the way, I just noticed cognitively. Look at his decline from twenty twenty to twenty twenty four. I mean he went down, he'll big. He looked so much brighter and sharp in twenty twenty versus twenty twenty four. I mean there was quite a decline there. Yeah, it's not as rambly, you know, seemed a little more on top of things. Just in four years he.
Speaker 6: Was and in all three of those clips he was lying or hiding something or you know, a slip up.
Speaker 2: To that doctor that was on with Scarborough.
Speaker 5: He looked back at Bush Obama and who was Trump Trump? And their their PSA scores that throughout the fifth they were all there within the files, but for some reason Biden's absence.
Speaker 2: Oh really they covered it.
Speaker 9: Yes, he was the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: I know, I know. I hope you heard some of the show today. We've already showed you examples on why the fight's not over.
Speaker 10: Rick.
Speaker 1: What fight are you talking about? Well, I'm talking about conservative ideology versus you know, leftist ideology. That's what I'm talking about. We feel like we're winning right now. Things look good. Let's not. We're headed in the right direction. But you sit that opposition, don't you, And you just think all of a sudden, the media is going to start just reporting fairly and we're going to get you know, journalism back and all that. That's not going to happen. The fight's not over. They're just going to fight harder. So this is why Blaze TV is more important than ever, and it's why they existed in the first place. Where can we go to get the truth. Where is the real world? Not just on The Rick Burgess Show, but also on Blaze TV. If you want to investigative reporting like you remember, you know, maybe are your parents, are your grandparents? Remember Blaze TV. That's what they do, documentaries. Shed a little light, cut that flashlight on there in the deep state. Take a look around, Holp. People accountable, hold this government accountable. They do that. They're bold, and we're part of it. You get an hour of this show, you get Strange Encounters, a new podcast. Asked So for about eight dollars a month, the price of a fancy cup of coffee, you can be informed on any device on demand. So go to BlazeTV dot com slash rick and subscribe today. That's BlazeTV dot com slash rick. You'll save twenty bucks on the annual plan, now more than ever. Blaze TV, Unfiltered, unafraid and on demand. We've got our box seats. They're full today and they come from all over. There will be a Burgess ball battle before we are done today. We welcome all of you. Thank you for being with us. They some of them brought goodies and some brought gifts. Some are here from the SEC baseball tournament. That's right, and worked in box seats while they came for the tournament. How brilliantly done. Brilliant, that's brilliant. So well who everybody was ritting for boys? Just a slu different team, a lot of different teams. And yeah, okay, all right, so yeah, you know we can talk about it, break it down a little bit, play little ball. So all right, so I want to I want to talk about the Now I'm gonna go real serious and then I'm gonna go a little lighter on the height. It's gonna affect you and Adler because I don't I think Greg's kind of figured this out. First of all, terrible, terrible weather we've had lately, yes all across the viewing and listening year, if you're you're in the South, it's been bud. There's been just these severe thunderstorms for straight line winds, tornadoes. We're looking at what just happened in Kentucky over the weekend, horrible nineteen people killed in Kentucky across all the states that you said, what twenty eight that's what I heard yesterday yesterday, I don't know. But anyway, so know that We're praying for all of you that are, you know, still trying to come out of the rubble of those horrible storms. And they seem just to be popping up throughout the tornado season and severe thunderstorm season, and where we all live and where we spend our time, we've got some more storms coming through. Hopefully lead the risk level doesn't get too bad, but it may be on a much lighter note it may be for you and Adler. So you both have dogs. You're in that part of the society that has dogs that lose their minds in thunderstorms, in rough weather, and I don't know if you've looked at the line of thunderstorms that are going to roll across the country and are rolling across the country, I'm afraid that you two could experience a rough dog knot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Adler, I was looking at the hourly for where we live, and it is it's bedtime, buddy, we're sleeping, and so that means that we got to either either figure it out before we go to bed or something. Because you're right, I haven't look into Jack's eyes and you can tell if he could talk, that's the dog's name. Yes, if he could talk. He'd be like, could you help a brother out? I am freaking out. So I try to be sensitive of that because you don't want the dog to be struggling and stuff. I mean, but you can see in his eyes like, but there's you know. I mean, it's a big issue. Though he has the inability to reason, right. I'm just saying, you a dog. I don't want to be cruel, you know. But it's the weirdest thing ever. He wants to go into the storm and nobody rests in the house. If he's inside and he's back and forth, he's knocking into fans and walking into two walls.
Speaker 2: It's just a dog is here. He's fine, He's like, who's who?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 5: And then the other one gets thrown outside with Jack. Sometimes his name's Leo, and he's like, are you killing me? It's this ain't my fault you got While I'm out here, I'm trying.
Speaker 1: How many current dogs at your house?
Speaker 2: Three three three three three? So Ja C's dog is now college college Cuddy came home. I called that. Yeah, Terry really likes him way too much.
Speaker 1: Jac's dog and your middle dog or other dog, no problem.
Speaker 2: No problem.
Speaker 5: Jack the old one he is problematic. And we do have a setup in the garage where we have a big fan and you know, it's like an jet engine out there.
Speaker 2: But I know they barricaded last storm.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, came out from under the trailer knocking stuff over. You realized, you and we were talking. Sleep for us is such a premium. I mean, it is a premium, precious, precious, precious premium.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I've tried.
Speaker 1: The Vet has given us a pill to give him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've CD for dogs.
Speaker 1: I mean everything, nothing affects him.
Speaker 6: You got to be ahead of it because once you know it's it's one o'clock and lightning strikes and you all wake up, Franklin starts barking, it's almost too late to drug him, right, you gotta start. You got a drug, so I'm gonna be given Franklin. It's like, from what y'all are telling me, I need to give him some trazodone and probably some ketamine and maybe some CBD and maybe some Jack Daniels and some other stuff. But y'all didn't I didn't even even share this. But the other this past weekend when it started going nuts, thundering or whatever, Franklin starts doing that one bark every minute. It's just once a minute a bark, and so I just got up and I'm in my underwear, and I just was like, well, it's five thirty. I got to play drums at church here in about two hours. I'm just gonna feed the dogs. I'm down here already. So I fed the dogs and it's pouring down rain. They won't go out outside. I'm in my underwear, and I'm like, well, I guess I got to lead by example. So I just walked out into the rain in my underwear like nothing was going on, and the dogs followed me and they did their business. We went back inside. I then took a towel and dried up and got back in bed. Couldn't go back to sleep. You know, that'll that kind of thing will wake you up.
Speaker 1: Butwear be sopping wet in the rain, you're awake now, Yeah, God out the dog, you know.
Speaker 6: I set up a little divider in their little room that Franklin acts like it's a pre is, and so there's a there's buddy, there's this a love seat in there that looks like a high heeled shoe.
Speaker 1: Like you you've got you dog back? Where you have that? Yes, I know where that came from.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, now I have that. But I set up a divider and I used the deer wire like deer fencing, hogwire a lot of people call it. Franklin is now chewing through the hog wire. It is like fourteen grade gauge. And he's he y'all, what about the stinking dogs? Seems good when they come back in from that.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine that these dogs can even remotely bring enough joy to make.
Speaker 5: This worth it. It's it's really frustrating. And I are stay outside most of the time, but you know, in the storm and stuff, it's just a little different. But he wants to go out. The other day he was raining so hard and I went out there because I knew he was out, like Jack, where are you at?
Speaker 2: He's nowhere. Also, he comes.
Speaker 5: Stumbling around the house in the rain like yeah, And he's not on any medication or nothing.
Speaker 2: He's just laying out.
Speaker 1: It's soaking wet. Can you keep him?
Speaker 2: Can you?
Speaker 1: Can you keep him from getting out? As he got an invisible you know, if he wants to run out in a storm tonight, let him row? Yeah, yeah, let him run out and they had what you do then shut the door and go back to sleep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they have a little porch area where they're they're safe. They're under stuff and and have the outside furniture they jump up on.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you got to let them have what they want. So they learned that that's a bad decision.
Speaker 6: Going to learn. Franklin hasn't learned a thing in his entire life, My goodness.
Speaker 1: Franklin is not coachable.
Speaker 6: No, he ran out into the storm that last terrible I'm walking around he lost, yelling in the rain, wearing a raincoat, asking everybody, have you seen my weird dog? My wife is gonna kill me because she loves my dog, but it's her dog.
Speaker 1: Out Well, you how much of your life is Franklin robbed from you?
Speaker 6: A lot, a lot.
Speaker 1: He's never embraced you. Just really, dont forget about that back surgery.
Speaker 2: You had to pay for it.
Speaker 6: It's my goodness, he's the most expensive weird looking dog on the planet. Yeah. I could have gotten several pure breads for what I've paid for his back surgery.
Speaker 8: Do you remember?
Speaker 1: You know I've had some great ideas on businesses. You remember the one we're hire a friend where you know you? Oh yeah yeah, friend for hire, friend for hire. I had a couple of different you know levels, you know you. I could actually come and sit down at the groom's table and now like we know each other, I could just pass through a little less expensive for a shake can congratulations. Then I had one, and I realized it may be illegal, and that's why I stopped it. Okay that people in situations like y'all, when it's the wife, are the kids and you kind of need the dog to go away, we come and get it and remove.
Speaker 2: It out of your life, no, no questions asked.
Speaker 1: It's called dog eradicator. Oh and uh and and you just you'd go all question, y'all, gurg is here, y'all go to the park. You let me know, hey, about to go to the park. F YI, we come through with a van. We kidnapped the dog. You never see him again. And then yes, that's real sweet. And then you get to tell the family, we don't know what happened. You don't get blamed for it. He's gone. I guess he ran off, and we could help some of you that are struggling like this. I mean, this is this is no way to live.
Speaker 5: On anniversary night, it won't be What about the dog tonight where the storm's coming about my wife? Not with the storm's coming.
Speaker 6: I think that's just called a dog catcher. By the way, Rick, what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'm just gonna put Jack out about seven? Well, those are fun.
Speaker 1: But the difference there, the difference in the dog carture and the dog eradicator. The dog catcher only catches dogs that are breaking the laws and are stray. The dog eradicator comes into your private home where the dog is perfectly put away, and takes it.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 5: I think greg a Yellowstone reference. I think I'm gonna take Jack to the train station.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't do that. I can't figure that out without even only seen an episode or two.
Speaker 6: Now, of course, I took the dogs for a walk last night and Franklin pete while walking.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you did that.
Speaker 6: And then I look over and Kevin is pooping while walking like a horse, just sneaking it out, sneaking it out in the street. I had to go back and take a bag. And that's my life?
Speaker 9: Is the Rick Burgess show?
Speaker 2: Well things?
Speaker 1: Uh, somebody said that the business that I talked about, But I don't know that it's legal where I'm hired to kidnap dogs that are annoying. We do take I'm gonna go that it's not we too.
Speaker 6: Dog nap, not kidnapping. We're not talking about kid We're talking about dog.
Speaker 1: Dog napping, or as somebody says, call the business dog gone Enterprises. Hello, dog Gone. That's good. Okay, Oh, storms can't get any sleep. Uh, you guys go anywhere and oh see that you you' all gonna take the kids and y'all going to the museum. Okay, we'll be by what time y'all leaving? Okay, all right done? Uh, and you leave a little access for us.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: I want you to know that every dog that we take, we do take them to a rolling farm of multiple acres where they can live out the rest of their lives as dogs should. Okay, this is.
Speaker 2: On your fly.
Speaker 1: Yeah we're not. We don't take them and put them down or anything like that. Time about the famous story, we gave it to a family that has a farm. He's having the time of his life, and we're willing to provide the paperwork in case you get caught that that's what happened.
Speaker 5: I love the remedies that are coming in and Atlie you probably get something over the years because we've constantly been talking about none of them work on these dogs. This is the latest one. Here rub a dryer sheet on the dog during the storm, I.
Speaker 2: Believe, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's also that's also how you you know, that's also a way to maybe give better shots at the gender of your next baby. So those but it's not on the back the so the the thing this is spawned is a check in on mister chin. Yeah, yeah, how's mister chin doing?
Speaker 2: He can't be looking good? How many we would we wouldn't we would know he's.
Speaker 6: Number three, it's the same one. He's a unique ones.
Speaker 2: So it's water a little low.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be hard, it is, it's gonna be no way.
Speaker 1: What did you do with him over the weekend? Do you take him home?
Speaker 13: Weakend?
Speaker 1: Nobody fed him. He doesn't have to be does not go home with that to watch?
Speaker 2: What's now? What about the fish?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Water a little dirty, it's not dirty.
Speaker 2: He's staying on top.
Speaker 1: Look at chin chins thriving.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look at him.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 6: These are beta fish. They live in in rice puddles. They live in puddles and rice fields. That's where they're from. That's where they're from.
Speaker 1: He just sit there in that little bowl all weekend, just by himself.
Speaker 6: Okay, fish, okay, Goldfish will do this thing. If if you're familiar with fish where they let something out of their body, if you know what I mean, we.
Speaker 1: Know what that, what that means that you don't have to know what that.
Speaker 6: What they do is. And then they'll turn around and they'll look at it and be like, oh, what's that. That looks good, and they'll eat it.
Speaker 1: You're killing me. And then they'll say, nobody wants to hear this.
Speaker 6: That tastes bad, and they'll spit it out, and then then their four second memory resets again and they'll bite it again and spit it out. I've worked at a pet store. You see it happen all the time.
Speaker 1: Fish here.
Speaker 6: Fish have a three second memory. So for y'all to say, he's food food food food, that food, that food is that food is that? That's their brain. That's all I think about. They're not bored, they're fine. Ask them, wow this is a cool bowl. Two seconds later, Wow, this is a cool bowl. See it's fine.
Speaker 1: Three seconds, great, great, he'll drop that I worked at a pet store. Card so fast. Yes, if he ever worked at a pet store in San Antonio, that must have been wrote a Harley to.
Speaker 2: Yeah that of course back before, so good.
Speaker 1: That's back when he slept as long as he wanted to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, oh slept so much. But mister Chin is great. Thank y'all for asking. And it's over Memorial now, over Memorial weekend. Somebody's got to take him home so we can talk about who wants to do.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can talk about that. Don't talk about it to me.
Speaker 8: Greg.
Speaker 1: You you fed puppies with a dropper, you're probably the most like you.
Speaker 2: Take a fish.
Speaker 1: That's a fish. A fish is nothing. A fish is nothing compared to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let Lisa meet mister Chin. It won't ever come back.
Speaker 1: Then, puppies better be glad she lived there. I wouldn't have done anything bad with him, but I probably would. You call it dug gun.
Speaker 2: No, I just wouldn't have went through white the process she did.
Speaker 1: What would you have done?
Speaker 2: She was vetting people anybody wanted one.
Speaker 1: I just would if you down a parking lot game, if Lisa was not in your life. You would have got the puppies just somewhere to give him ay as soon as possible. Yes, okay, I agree with that.
Speaker 6: The river in a blanket doesn't count. Greg.
Speaker 2: Free to a good home?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love the We just take people's word that Lisa didn't. But the free to a good home. What's something I going to tell you, don't give it to us. We got a bad home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a bad home.
Speaker 1: I clean home to get it, and you told me a good Yeah. Nobody comes cleaned about a bad nobody's open about that. So so Chin's doing fine.
Speaker 5: Now some people say MythBusters did a thing on goldfish and they have a long term memory.
Speaker 1: Nobody I want. I'm going to tell you the same people that claim dogs don't know time and all?
Speaker 2: How did you know?
Speaker 1: Did you ask the dog? I mean seriously, and let's love him really ask him Greg, And let's face it, the only person that truly did talk to a dog. He was problematic, Yes, he was for society he did not. By the way, did you know that he's been redeemed, has come to faith in Christ.
Speaker 2: I know a guy that's a little quick.
Speaker 1: No, No, I saw him being interviewed. Same guy said, dog talk to him. Okay, touchet, just telling, okay, bottom of the hour.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm reading here that goldfish have more than three Remember it's been studies, you get, studies have been showed that they can navigate mazes and associate actions with rewards. Well, then why do they keep eating their poop over and over again?
Speaker 2: That tastes maw, That tastes mad.
Speaker 9: He is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Greg made a declaration that Adler took issue with what Greg. Greg claims that he loves chicken, not the animal, the chicken, but the chicken animal prepared to I'm not eating something weird. You're not eating anything weird. It's not about that you Noody's actually anything weird.
Speaker 6: I got theme song and everything for this.
Speaker 2: You do okay, here we go, all right, all right, ladies.
Speaker 6: Greg thinks he does like chicken dies, so I don't know. So I brought in several different kinds of chicken because of time for brids chicken chatty.
Speaker 2: I love everything.
Speaker 1: I'm scared of what this challenge. You know that it's all chicken.
Speaker 6: Right, It's all chicken, and I cooked. I cooked a couple of different kinds of chicken last night.
Speaker 2: If this has got something dumped in, I would.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would eat any of this. There's leftovers in the fridge. I'll eat this is all good.
Speaker 2: I would never Is this like the Pepsi challenge? Yes?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, it's like the Pepsi challenge? But is gridge chicken chatty?
Speaker 1: And also a little at the green eggs and ham? So you say you don't like chicken, guys, I don't like the way they look. Just listen, it's Gregg's chin. I'm also everybody keeps telling me how great they Well, here we go, so Adler, tell us what? Tell everybody what's happening here?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: So I have chicken, Chelle, I have six different samples of different types of chicken.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 1: It's all chicken.
Speaker 6: I have disguised them. Hopefully you don't know what's what?
Speaker 1: Do you like?
Speaker 6: Alabama white sauce?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, good, I love it.
Speaker 6: Here's Alabama white sauce. Here's Buffalo I like Buffalo chicken. Here's straight up barbecue sauce. And then these are playing and I don't know what my plane is with those. But you got to tell me which ones you like? Which ones you don't.
Speaker 1: But but the thing about it is the sauce.
Speaker 2: Is going to have a lot to do with it.
Speaker 1: Whatever, So chicken cho the plaine pieces matched up with what the sauce. The sauce pieces like when you when you bite.
Speaker 6: From the plain ones, I know what the sauce ones are.
Speaker 2: So I'm just supposed to eat it from the one.
Speaker 1: Let me see, just to bite of it, you have to eat the whole Yeah, I don't want you to eat the whole thing, all right, So what's the first one? Alabama white sauce. Okay, you like that? He says, that's good.
Speaker 6: All right, Okay, Alabama white sauce sauce. Well, you don't chase the chicken. Greg's chicken may love chicken, Greg, Yeah, yeah, okay, white sauce chick all right, what's this one?
Speaker 1: Great buffalo?
Speaker 6: You got the buffalo?
Speaker 1: Okay, well about it?
Speaker 6: What a little spicy, little spicy.
Speaker 2: Like chicken taste the same as the other. So the chickens, the chickens the same.
Speaker 1: Now that the sauces are good, Okay, all right, what's this one? It's barbecue straight up. He's having a good time.
Speaker 2: He's like his chicken.
Speaker 6: Man, he loved chicken chicken challenge.
Speaker 1: I love that. Hold on right, Greg, Now you're forgot even here.
Speaker 6: This is a chicken challenge, buddy goose.
Speaker 1: Okay, barbecues yet, okay, all right now now now not like the middle one of the best.
Speaker 5: So okay, okay, Now from left to right, start to from left to right.
Speaker 2: He's going plaining. Okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: So the left here going straight up.
Speaker 2: You just pick it up.
Speaker 6: Plane number one.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, a little dry, a little dry, little dry.
Speaker 2: Why now he's going to the middle. He's in the middle. One now swallowed one yet?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: All right, still has one in two in his mouth, going for three, one and two in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you.
Speaker 1: Got to put something new in the sauce is so good on them. Well, that's fine, it's fine, everybody, don't get distracted.
Speaker 2: Well here's the deal. I know this is gonna be what I said. I didn't like that. That one's the least good.
Speaker 1: Okay, the last one.
Speaker 5: Okay, So one, two and three playing you went with two is the favorite?
Speaker 6: Two was a favorite?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 6: And let me.
Speaker 1: Sauce what sauce? Sauce was too as well? Middle? He likes two on both of them, addler sauce and no sauce. Yeah, I think it was the buffalo sauce. The one that's what I'm speaking of is Greg's Chicken Challenge.
Speaker 6: Yes, Greg's Chicken Challenge.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like a little song and sang.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, so that's Greg's Chicken Challenge.
Speaker 1: So what what are we learning here at the on Gregg's Chicken Challenge.
Speaker 6: Let me let me tally okay, all right, So the white sauce was chicken thives and you liked it.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 6: The buffalo sauce that was chicken thighs, and you liked it, alrighty. The barbecue sauce that was chicken thighs, and you liked it. All the plain ones those were all chicken thighs, and you hate it. Okay, you like chicken thighs. I've been telling you you like that chicken and even saying no, it's the throwaway garbage car.
Speaker 9: You like them.
Speaker 6: You like chicken music.
Speaker 2: I like you like chicken.
Speaker 1: Thigh Now you know how they're playing the chicken version of Sam I Am by George. I like him in a box and with him on, you like him chicken thyed a little bit, don't you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, organic, somebody.
Speaker 2: Tell me everybody falls all over this left talking about it.
Speaker 1: Well, do you have any attitude about it? Now?
Speaker 2: I like it, but I want to see him after the cooked. I don't like looking at him before him.
Speaker 1: Okay, nobody asked you to, Greg, That's what just happened.
Speaker 2: That's very good. Okay, okay, we learned something right there? Did you learn?
Speaker 1: I like chicken thuh? Greg learned it and he's almost almost he's right there of giving into it. That meddle the white sauce was really good too. How many how many years Adlers he's been against.
Speaker 6: CHICKENI decade I've been talking about chickens aed He's like, no, you eat tracks.
Speaker 2: You just couldn't afford the good stuff.
Speaker 8: Get it.
Speaker 2: Somebody said you gott to hit the gavel and make a rolling on it. Yeah, oh, here you go.
Speaker 6: Let it be heard. Let it be the creed Gregg Larn's chickens eyes.
Speaker 1: Should we be concerned at all? That Eddler misspelled challenge? So it's a.
Speaker 2: It's a.
Speaker 6: It's also chicken And I was just like, I don't have time.
Speaker 1: He spelled chicken rot isn't that funny? AI can smart?
Speaker 6: I know it could create an image of a of a chicken with a cowboy hat on, but it can't spell the thing that I told it to spell.
Speaker 1: It so funny.
Speaker 6: It happens all the time. I have to be like, no, no, it needs to say this. But I didn't have to, and I didn't think you would catch it.
Speaker 1: By the way, we didn't text nations. Yeah, I kind of thank you special A whole new meal I can eat there? Would you like to say addler? I like chicken though, I like chicken. Thought he's correct? Guys, that felt good?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 1: Right again, everybody's been trying to tell me that I was like the way they looked. I didn't like the word thighs will come back.
Speaker 2: Like a thought.
Speaker 6: I'm a thigh guy?
Speaker 2: You are?
Speaker 1: You always say that kind of a creepy ways with a grin that I was avoiding.
Speaker 2: Need to be weird?
Speaker 9: Is the Rick Burgess Show?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 1: I love when I get the opportunity to talk about the latest movie coming out from Angel Studios. Man, they are cranking out some great movies. I mean, you know this, we all struggle with it. I can't find a movie that my family and I can go and watch. They're just so hard to find. And then if somebody tells you it's a faith based movie, let's be honest. Sometimes they're not very good. But let me tell you, Angel Studios cranking out some great movies right now. The Last Rodeo is brand new and it's coming out this weekend. Go ahead and get your tickets at angel dot com slash rick. Now, this is the same you know production company that brought you Sound of Freedom, The King of King's Homestead, to name a few action pack. The story's a retired rodeo legend who says, Hey, I'm strapping it on for one last ride, risking all because he needs to do something to save his grandson. You'll understand that when you watch it, he will be the oldest rider to ever enter the arena. Old Man, Strong Baby. It's about healing broken bonds, facing your past, proving that real courage means fighting for the people you love. You're gonna love This one might even cause Greg to missed up a little bit, So go right now to Angel dot com slash rick to get your tickets. The theaters they're filling up. The Last Rodeo. It opens Friday, Angel dot com slash Rick. In the old food world, we talk about food a lot, and Greg just today had to admit that he does like chicken thighs, which was a big moment today. Thank you Adler for that. Here's some headlines. I'll go through these rapid fire. Ingredient linked to dementia found in popular food product used over two hundred million America. I'm try the product, Ziplock. Ziplock the popular brand of food bags and containers all the time.
Speaker 2: I just said one in my hands.
Speaker 1: Well, that is just now explains They're now at the center of a troubling health controversy class action lawsuit. No surprise here, guess who's filing it. This won't surprise you. California, man, California is in trouble financially. We learned this during the Buzzbox coffee campaign when they would look at every bag of coffee that went through California. They try to find some way to put some kind of charge on it, some kind of fine based on some short ingredient they deemed dangerous.
Speaker 6: Is this it?
Speaker 1: Is there an ingredient in the plastic's Yeah, the plastic zip block bags. This is the allegation, may release harmful. Here it comes micro plastical plastics. Here we go release release adler.
Speaker 6: You know where they go and once they're in your body.
Speaker 1: I've heard zip block two places, bombshell study.
Speaker 2: He wants to say it so bad.
Speaker 6: Two very important places.
Speaker 1: Don't say, buddy, this is a big one, and I know it's going to That's why I'm doing it at the last segment that I'll be working today, so that I won't have to take all the fighting and the disagreements. And it's one of those areas you can not allowed to speak to. Apparently, bombshell study reveals how common foods are driving the epidemic of autism. Now, before we go any further, this was said years ago by very respectable doctors, one of the most prominent out of Baylor University. The reason why we know there's some sort of insult involving the autism spectrum to now is it is impossible to have a genetic epidemic. It can't just be genetics. The numbers would not be where they are. We don't know what it is, and I don't pretend to know what it is, but there has been something that is a link because you cannot have a genetic epidemic.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's all agree that on that, and then we can go from there. A common food in seventy percent of American dots may be fueling.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: This this spectrum which would include dementia as well as autism and even mental illness of other kinds. This is linked to no surprise here those upf's ultra process foods, everything from chips to even to protein bars that many times you think are healthy, they raise the rate and possibility of some sort of disorder mentally.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And it says once again the hidden culprit may be say it with me, micro plastastico and the process they contain significantly higher concentrations of microplastics than whole foods that I'll let all of y'all argue that out. You're leaving us out with that today is everything to blame on microplastic microplastics are coming to get us. And where it goes with Russia glory with the Russia and Ukraine started by microplastics.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows that now.
Speaker 1: From the video world, is rall milk safe?
Speaker 2: Is rall milk safe? Here?
Speaker 1: Is a medical doctor breaking down the risk of raw milk.
Speaker 6: And this is Paul Saladino.
Speaker 2: Here he goes with.
Speaker 6: Is not Italian micro Yeah, you know where the microplastic goes by. Okay, I got it in your body.
Speaker 1: I got it, North, I got it, and I've got you just nor.
Speaker 6: South, North and south.
Speaker 2: I've got it.
Speaker 6: Here's Policine Salladino talking about romare's your daddy?
Speaker 2: Raw milk safe to drink?
Speaker 15: Well, let's look at some can informed decision about this. Looking at data from the Center for Science and the Public Interest the c sp I from two thousand to two thousand and seven, The numbers are pretty shocking when you look at them. Your chance of getting sick from pasteurized milk is point zero zero one one percent. Your chance from getting sick from drinking raw milk point zero zero, one zero six percent. They're very, very small numbers. Your chance of being hospitalized from drinking raw milk, according to this CSPI data, is less than one in six million. This is a little morbid, but your chances of dying in a car accident are seven hundred and fifty times higher than your chances of getting sick from drinking raw milk. How do your chances of getting sick from drinking raw milk compared to your chances of getting food born illness from other foods. Well, you have one hundred and fifty percent higher chance of getting sick from eating shellfish than you do from drinking raw milk. And there's a higher chance of dying from eating raw oysters than there is of getting sick and needing to be hospitalized from drinking raw milk. I just wanted to set the record straight because there's a lot of people talking about how dangerous raw milk is, but when you really look at the data, it's a very very small risk compared to things we do every single day in our lives. So in terms of the decision of whether or not you want to drink raw or pasteurized milk, I'll leave it up to you.
Speaker 2: But cheers to raw milk.
Speaker 15: I'm drinking it today.
Speaker 1: Do you do raw milk?
Speaker 6: I don't know where to get it, don't it. I'll just get straight off the teat, off the check.
Speaker 2: Cow out back and get your big old bucket.
Speaker 1: I don't think now, did Jenkins the little stove? You know you can get it from bones? Well, I don't know then that cow die he did. Yeah, sorry about that to bring it up. Ye, that's all mean.
Speaker 2: That's a horrible story.
Speaker 1: That's a terrible story.
Speaker 6: What happened?
Speaker 1: You don't want to know?
Speaker 2: Boy, you with an awful story.
Speaker 1: If you think bearing a hamster stuff tried?
Speaker 5: You know, have you ever been told a story and it just keeps getting worse and you think it's over, and it keeps getting worse.
Speaker 1: I kept thinking the story was gonna take some sort of turn. Yeah, but he at one time he could get you raw milk. I probably shouldn't brought that up today. Yeah, you're just gonna need to get a cow put in your backyard. Get a cow chicken, kids will love it. Put it back there by the chickens.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm barely taking care of this fish. I don't know if I.
Speaker 9: Should add.
Speaker 1: Honest about mister Chin. He's struggling, he's not struggle.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just go ahead and flush mister chin?
Speaker 6: Why would you do that to him?
Speaker 2: Don't you?
Speaker 1: Why don't you where he's going?
Speaker 6: Do you know you make a wager if mister Chen lived for blah blah blah blah blah, I get bla.
Speaker 1: Can I tell what I think is gonna get mister Chen based on what you have him in microplastic?
Speaker 6: Of course, this is glass. See that's why I drink my drink my water out of a metal jug and I microwave all my stuff in glass. Make fun of that. I don't want microplastics in my brain. Or we got it somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Running out of time. Does anybody know what squish mallows are? Yes, micro plastic squish mellow? What is squish mellow?
Speaker 7: Big?
Speaker 6: Like a big, pillowy stuffed toy thing.
Speaker 1: McDonald's fans rejoice over the return of the fan favorite in the Happy Meal, and people are saying that our adults that I'm going to get a Happy Meal just to get one. Is this some big Is this some big collectible item?
Speaker 6: This is a big collectible item?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, I think those things are stupid and I don't know why anybody would want them. I've turned into green. Yes, I can't believe anybody cares about this one. Don't miss it, grown ups. I understand a child playing with it. That makes sense.
Speaker 2: Gracie likes them right here in the audience.
Speaker 1: Well she's a child, but I mean it would be a little odd if suddenly you know her mama was doc pay because she went to get one. Yeah, you know they're gonna get a happy miling away home. See what happened?
Speaker 2: How old are you, Gracie?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're right on the line.
Speaker 2: But it worked. You know you.
Speaker 1: Gotta come once you start driving. Let's drop that squash metal?
Speaker 9: How do you right?
Speaker 2: Okay? Squash what is it?
Speaker 6: Squish mill.
Speaker 2: Squashed?
Speaker 1: I'm thankful. Maybe that's just my mind thinking of what I like to do with it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm glad.
Speaker 1: I can't pronounce that. I'm proud of that.
Speaker 6: It's big in the kid world.
Speaker 1: In kid world, this story is about adults going to get them and leaving their jobs.
Speaker 6: You know why you all don't like it because you've got microplastics in your brains.
Speaker 9: This is the Rick Burger's Show.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rick, here from the Rick Burgers Show. We plan on gathering right here again tomorrow. Yes, another day more excitement. If you miss a moment of the Rick Burgess Show, everybody's gonna be laughing at work. You're not going to be in on the joke, So don't miss it tomorrow. As Speedy, Greg Adler and I gather for a brand new Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV.