Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Yo, what's going on, buddies? Good morning. I'll tell you what's going on.
Speaker 3: You and I right now, for the third day in a row, in for DP here to complete the Dan Patrick Hatrick Covino and Rich live the Mercedes Benz Studios and most cars on the road could use a little TLC. At Maco, We're bring your car back to life with affordable paint jobs and light collision repairs. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get Maco. I'm Steve Cavino. That is Rich Davis. He's the guy that dragged me out last night on a random Tuesday night, and I'm regretting it. Now.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh yeah, because my schedules are thrown off.
Speaker 2: True, so.
Speaker 3: My morning routine is a little off, right, So now I got the what do people say, the bubble guts? Yeah, I'm like, oh, no, studio with here for the next three hours. Well, yeah, because Rich and I we had a friend in town last night. Friends in town wants to say hello, So we go out, we overindulge in food and drink and I wake up like.
Speaker 2: And then we have to wake right up early in the morning, go to Dan Patrick.
Speaker 3: I don't have any bathroom time to unwind my schedules. A little off I'm saying is that there's two things that come to mind.
Speaker 2: What a friends in town? Yeah, I don't want to go out.
Speaker 3: If you don't make the time to see them, the argument could be made they're not your friend. It's true. I'm glad I went out. That's the feeling you have when you get older. It's like you don't want to, but then you're glad you did. Man, I don't want to go out random weeknight, but I'm glad I did. Once you're there, once you're in the moment, and then you really I just slobbed out for no reason. Rich and I had full on meal. What do you have for dinner? Hold on, you had cheesecake? Yeah, a full on slab. It wasn't even a slice, big giant slab of cheesecake. So of course I'm going to wake up and feel like I hate you. I hate you because you made me do that. I didn't want to do that last night.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: I'm always fascinated what you must eat when you're not with other people. Because you had like a chicken entree and a cheesecake. I cut it back so today again because my schedule's off, because this isn't our normal routine. I'm like, oh, but again, I don't want to be the complaino and bitch show. It's Cavino en rich In for dpe study of that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, the third day of the Hatter is always the toughest. Yeah, having a rough rail.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I'm here, rich Danny G's on the phones eight seven seven ninety nine on the Fox, on the Fox, the Fox, The Fox changed it on the Go eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, and Marcus here on the ones of Tuesday. No, it's not who is it that is?
Speaker 2: Mary? Oh hey Mary?
Speaker 4: Black people don't look like right, No, like you were just kid. Come on, you didn't even look over. First of all, I told you it's a rough morning. Second of all, I don't have my glasses on. Third of all, you think I can see what the reflection in my face? I can't see anything.
Speaker 2: I was setting off on a bad note.
Speaker 3: Ia Sam's here. Wait, No, that's not what I mean. You know, I thought it was strange. I was hearing all these fart effects, you know, because Marcus sort of quiet and Mary's bringing it already. There you go, Mary, Mary, why you bugging? She is on the on the phones, hanging out. But we have lots to get to today. Every Wednesday on our show two to four on the West, five to seven on the East, we do something called mid Week Major, the biggest stories in the world, the sports and pop culture. Danny G's gonna break it down. He's gonna give us the headlines and we'll decide me and you and the Fox Sports Radio Nation.
Speaker 2: Are these stories mid week or major? We do it every Wednesday. This guy's throwing off had she Cake thinks Mary's Mark. Dude, shut up, I'll tell you why.
Speaker 3: And I say that that's I can't see what you see Mary.
Speaker 2: He's so big time. He didn't even look in your death, so disrespectful of me.
Speaker 3: No, no, don't do that. Don't do that. I really can't see. I got bright lights in my face and reflections on your window.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 2: I could barely see. That doesn't even eat. That's what coop.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Thank you guys that would be in here. Thank you for putting up with us the same way people are the same way. I'm saying, who the hell is that people are saying that about us?
Speaker 2: Again? Cadino and rich In for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 3: Now, lots of NFL today, Uh, there there's a there's a story about Floyd Mayweather Junior, a baseball hypothetic goal.
Speaker 2: Of course, some NFL, NBA.
Speaker 3: But I want to start out by talking about something people witness last night, not you eating cheesecake and having ottery gres about having dinner.
Speaker 2: It's not I regret, Like, why do you want to go? I don't wanna. I don't want to say it's because you get older. I'm in denial of that. That's not it.
Speaker 3: I just I like to chill on a Tuesday night. I don't want to go out. I'm not twenty years old anymore. I didn't want to do it. Then, that's my point. So I don't want to go out on a Tuesday night and eat like a slob for no reason. You said a slope and I did.
Speaker 2: I way.
Speaker 3: I want to drop it. But you had a chicken entree off the quote skinny menu. Yeah, but it was too much and I didn't need all that cheesecake. I didn't need a cocktail. I didn't need all that stuff on a Tuesday night, enjoyed life a little you not some slot, and you wake up at five am, you're like, uh, I should have sat home and ate a protein bar. Is that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Should should have played it right and realized I had to work early in the morning and told your friend respectfully, Hey, dude, I'm glad you're in town, but I'm busy working.
Speaker 2: Have fun. That's kind of happen. But here's the thing.
Speaker 3: If if you go to a city or someone comes to your city and you don't even make time to get a quick dinner, it's a callicular work week for that person a drink. If you don't do one of those things, then when are you ever.
Speaker 2: Going to see them? And that goes for anyone.
Speaker 3: If if some old coworker or a pal, a college bro, if someone comes to town and says, hey, I'm in your city for a couple of days a weekend.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know. I don't know, but I did it. I'm glad I did. But again I'm sharing my uh well, the reason why he smells in here? How about that? There you go? Moving on? All right? Last night, Well, you were regrettably eating cheesecake.
Speaker 3: People witnessed maybe the greatest baseball player of the last one hundred years since the Babe Don Mattingly No who show Hey Otani. There's video and pictures of him trying to parallel park in Los Angeles, and the headline says, show Hey Otani, parallel parking. Show is hard. That show Hey, the guy can't parallel park. The guy goes fifty to fifty. But in the picture. I don't know if that's a joke or what it's like really bad. Yeah, I saw the article. It's like he's not even close, not even clothes at all, which is amazing to me because you think, Wow, the guy who could apparently do everything can't do that. He's so coordinated that he could pitch and bat like no one we've ever seen, like the Babe, but he can't parallel park.
Speaker 2: What is that about?
Speaker 3: Well, the world has finally found out something show Hey Otani can't do, and that's parallel park. There's a video on TMZ Sport showing the Dodger Superstar not quite being able to get his Porsche must be Nice into a tight parking spot and he's doing that thing where you're going back and forth twenty times into the parallel parking spot. That's embarrassing, dude, And most cars nowadays, I'm guessing.
Speaker 2: This a newer Porsche A show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but for a superstar like that's an embarrassing moment.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 3: But I look at it as not only that because he's a superstar, but it's so parallel parking isn't tricky to begin with for most, but nowadays with all the cameras and a car like that probably parks itself, you would think.
Speaker 2: Right with all the money he has, think of.
Speaker 3: When you back up all of a sudden boop, your camera goes on. It shows you the trajectory of your wheels, Like, there's no excuse to not parallel park effectively in twenty twenty five. And that is the story Morning Glory Show. Hey Atani. I think of a few things though when I hear the story. It's cool that baseball's coming back because we need it, we really do. The NBA has to bring the heat. I heard Rob Parker going off.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable. This is their chance, this was their night. Nothing's going on.
Speaker 1: You gotta win over the fan and you lay an egg.
Speaker 3: I don't know, he's eighty said something randomly some crazy. Yeah, yeah, it's dude, and he's right about that. Like football's over. You want something, right, you watched enough Cobra Kai. You're all cut up on your shows. Football's done. You're like, all right, basketball entertain me. Oh you're not going to You'll catch his huge thirtieth birthday party below out tonight.
Speaker 2: I do not the party and the one night where the stars are out. The All Star.
Speaker 3: Game comes and it's a dud, and you're like, well kind of stinks. Well then all right, well where's baseball? So pitchers and catchers come? You're like, all right, well, starting spring training begins? All right, all right, Harris coming. You see a lot of your favorite players in there. You're starting to see your favorite players, your your new players show up in their and their snappy new spring training uniforms, and seeing the pictures, you're seeing them taking some hacks, some swing, some cuts.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing Cody Bounger hit some bombs.
Speaker 3: I'm seeing Old Schmidt all shaving, Devin Williams with no beard, and you know you're seeing show Hail Tani throwing. You're like, oh man, what a season is brewing? Something's brewing. The Dodgers with their eight man rotation. Yeah, the Dodgers or everybody's coming in. It's that time of year Baseball's we have thoughts on baseball. We're gonna get to later, but as you see your players. But dude, that's the I'm trying to paint a picture here. We're more excited about seeing show hal Tani throw warm ups. When's the last time you were this excited about baseball?
Speaker 2: Is my question. It's because of the postseason last year.
Speaker 3: The postseason was so exciting that it got us this fired up this year with.
Speaker 2: All the moves made and all.
Speaker 3: The money moves that, honestly, I feel bad saying is you're not really caring about basketball that much. You're like thinking about baseball and we're a whiles away. Still, I'm more intrigued to watch Sho hal Tani parallel parked in the fourth quarter of a close NBA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's the real story. How dare you?
Speaker 3: I mean, have you seen him trying to parallel park? It's pretty funny, but it's really bad. I before I have more thoughts on this Otani parking thing. I saw at spring training. They had all the Mets as they were walking into the clubhouse, like, guess.
Speaker 2: How many like jelly beans are in the jar? Are you good at that type of thing?
Speaker 3: Because when I tell you, some guys like two hundred, other guys like five thousand, Like, how can you be so off if I gave you like a if you're at the mall and it's like, hey, win something, Guess how many gum drops.
Speaker 2: Are in this thing? I can't say that I've ever won anything like that, but my daughter did twice. What is your perception that off? All?
Speaker 3: Right? Honestly, how would I know? I never want I never guessed what everything? I never want, So I don't know. As Otani's try to parallel parallel park, it did get us thinking even the greatest people in the world that dominate the world of music, sports, the most coordinated science, and the Neil de grasse Tysons of the world, like, I'm sure you think this has something to do with the fact that he's so pampered that he normally doesn't drive himself.
Speaker 1: I mean that, yeah, that could very well. He mostly had a driver his entire career and a bookie.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not and friends and no, but oh, Tony, I'm guessing that's probably the story, Danny. But for every great man or woman out there, they have a weakness. No one's perfect, did you like to say, except Kurt Heading mister perfect and he died. He was perfect, stir perfect. That guy could throw a pass and catch it in the end zone. He would throw touchdowns to himself. He uh only three hundreds, Yeah, he would both three hundreds. He would hit every every shot, he took every bulls eye on a dartboard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that guy was awesome. Not so perfect he couldn't even stay alive.
Speaker 3: Do you remember, Danny, Do you remember those promos in the nineties for wrestling where mister Perfect did every sport and he was perfect for he had a perfect mullet too, I mean, and he was pals with Wade Bogs cancer free. This week Wax rang the bell says he's cancer free.
Speaker 2: Happy to hear that legend, Wade Box.
Speaker 3: So for everyone that again, unless you were mister Perfect in his prime, everyone has a weakness, show Hao Tani. A generational guy can't parallel park. So we ask you Fox Sports ready, it is nice when your wife yells at you for doing something stupid, or she yells at you because you can't do x Y or Z. Well, you know show Hao Tani can't parallel park, all right, He's one of the greats. He can't parallel park. That is embarrassing. Dude, What simple thing can't you do? Where's that old commercial set? Even these simple things?
Speaker 2: Think out the voice box? Yes, of course, what simple thing? Nothing will ever be the same again, what simple thing can't you do?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Even the simple things?
Speaker 3: Seven seven, nine to nine on Fox? You made me a success old businessman or woman. You might be a superstar athlete, or a celebrity that acts and makes millions of dollars, or a genius like Neil deGrasse Tyson or Michi Okaku. But everyone has a flaw. No one's perfect. So what is it that you struggle with?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: I'm wondering if it ends here with Shoheyo Tani. Is he so inept because he's so pampered and he has so much money? Maybe he can't even make an egg? Who knows what this guy can't do. Maybe he's such a baseball robot. He do anything on the diamond, but anything at home? Are you starting with your weakness? What's my weakness? I can't cook? Yeah, I remember Cavino, Danny G has a teenage daughter. When your daughter was maybe like ten years old, he called me all excited, ones like, yo, get this, bro, I made her a scrambled egg. I'm like, are you kidding me? He's like, bro, for real, like I did it. I'm like he was excited that he figured out how to scramble an egg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I come from a long line of like sexist.
Speaker 3: Then, I guess I don't know, because no men in my family ever cooked. I never saw men cooked. The only time I saw my dad cook is like when the rare moment mom was gone, mom was out, or she worked late, and Dad would make you some stakums back in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Hey will you want some steakhums? My dad never made me anything. Ever, he would go and buy me, Hey will you want tailor ham sandwich?
Speaker 3: He'd buy me something. So I never saw dude's cook. No one ever taught me how to cook. It was always grandma cooking, doing the dishes. Mom cooking, never my grandma. I never saw my grandma eat. She was always cooking and washing dishes. So me, as a kid, I wasn't taught how to cook. I never learned so when I had a kid, I was forced to learn. But I am by no means chef Boyard.
Speaker 2: I can't. I still can't cook.
Speaker 3: You are not going to flavor table with GUYFIEDI no, but I wouldn't consider my So what I would do is probably go out a lot. If I didn't have a girlfriend that cooked a lot. Yeah, so I'd be out all the time. But the basics I just learned within the past fifteen years when my kid was born. In fact, one of our favorite show photos over the last decade is when Covino tried to grill on like a holiday and it was the most meager looking like chicken and veggies on a grilla. But I could grill though. Yeah, I don't think that's cooking. But you cook everything well done that well, that's just how I like it. But you like he doesn't have any skills. I really think it's that odd for a guy to not know how to cook. Y act like you're yeah, Bobby Flay or something. I think it is odd that do you brag about scrambling an egg like you want to know how to Yeah, but would you.
Speaker 2: Make a whole mon? I've known you for twenty years I've never seen you cooked lee squat.
Speaker 3: Just because you grill some stuff in your big green egg that you brag about doesn't mean you're Gordon Ramsey who hasn't cooked anything. I think you've just named more chefs in the last five minutes than meals you've cooked in your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well fill me in, guy, FIEDI are you cooking? I could cook anything? Oh?
Speaker 3: I see you do is eating everybody else's food. All I know how to cook. I'll tell you what I can't do. I've never seen you. I'll tell you what I can do. How are you going to prove it? I cook every time people call me?
Speaker 2: Can you cook?
Speaker 3: Anytime people come over my house for a party, I'm cooking on the grill or I'm making things in the kitchen with my wife.
Speaker 2: I could cook.
Speaker 1: Nah, I'm not a good cook, but I can take leftovers and repurpose them into a masterpiece elements.
Speaker 2: I think you're gonna say you can put him in the microwaf. No. I can do that too, though, Danny.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, I'm left over gow Let it go, guys, all right, I'll tell you what I can't do, and I want to hear from everyone at eight, seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox.
Speaker 2: You can't cook. But I don't think I'm alone on that, well probably not.
Speaker 3: I'llah show he Otani, who is one of the greatest athletes of a generation. The guy can't parallel park. What sample thing can you not do? I'll give you one that way, I'll take the heat off of you, because I get it. Not everyone could cook. I can't do anything administrative. I freeze up. I'm coaching my kids little league team, and because when you're the manager, the coach of the team, you have to do some of the administrative nonsense. And someone's like, hey, I need you to put all your kids info and their sizes and jersey numbers and you know, their orders and all this nonsense into an Excel sheet and email back to me. And I was like, I'm sorry, what sounds you know?
Speaker 2: My job is.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's twenty years since I got out of college till now, I've been on the radio, television or podcasting.
Speaker 2: I don't it's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need an administrative assistant. I've helped you with emails and things printed and Danny, can you print this for me so I can totally see this.
Speaker 2: But look, you've always been the talent.
Speaker 1: You haven't been, you know, a producer or an assistant in an office or even a studio.
Speaker 2: It's been an Excel sheet.
Speaker 3: This sounds like a like a lot for a bunch of nose picking kids their T shirt signs.
Speaker 2: But people know that's considered a basic skill. Now, well, you know, I add this to my list too. It's a basic skill.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, to open up a microphotosoft Excel I don't even know where to start.
Speaker 2: A simple Excel spreads. You can't do that.
Speaker 3: That's here just dumbling a lot of things, so Danny, so that my weakness is the administrative stuff. Yesterday, Cavino forgets that a lot of people listening and friends of ours, that's their day to day corporate world. Like we had to do an iHeart Fox Sports Radio big sales meeting yesterday and it was on teams, and Covino's like, who uses this team stuff?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Probably ninety percent of the people listening right now spend their day on stupid teams or zoom calls. Right, that's just the world people living now. Oh you're on a team's call. All that stuff as Cavino would say, I'm allergic. Guy said, uses this team not at all? You said, not many? I said, a lot of our listeners are on the road. Not everybody's on teams all the time. There's a lot of listeners.
Speaker 2: On the road. Who uses this team stuff? That's my impression.
Speaker 3: We probably use it just as much as anyone else out there. We're on a team's call a few times a week, if every couple of weeks, you know, we're on it. So it's administrative stuff. Yeah, it gives me the uh, it gives me the nervous farts. I don't like doing this either. So what is it that you can't do the simple task? Oh, Tani camp parallel park? What can't you do? We'll take your feedback next Covino and rich In for the great Dan Patrick. We got all your feedback and phone calls and texts and tweets and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Next right here, Fox Sports Radio, Wednesday, Let's go.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Danpatrick Show at Foxsportsradio Dot com or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR or stream us live on the Peacock Act.
Speaker 3: Hey is Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 3: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right. So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern, two to four Pacific, and if you miss any of the live show. Just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media. That's Covino and Rich. Good morning on this hump day. Gonna turn your hump to a humped night. I don't even know what that means, but sounds fun. Covino and Rich and for the great Dan Patrick Live in Mercedes Benz Studios. Danny G on the phone, super producing the smoothest, most buttery voice in all the land.
Speaker 2: Danny G. What's up?
Speaker 3: Bud eight seven seven ninety nine one Fox and Mary Mary Mack on the ones and twos. Thank you guys for hanging out with us against Steve Covino and Rich Davis. We'll talk Floyd Mayweather. What's he doing in the NFL. We'll do something called Midweek Major. The biggest stories in sports and pop culture are they mid Week Major? We do it every Wednesday on our show, which we hope you follow. After three days of Dan Patrick, search Covino and Rich wherever you stream your podcast. Yeah, I was gonna say, we've hung out a couple of days. Now do we get a rose? Do we?
Speaker 2: Uh? Are we getting kicked out of the pods?
Speaker 3: When I got back last night from eating like a slob with you. I was trying to catch up on The Bacher and I fell asleep.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 3: That was That was my night, And here I am. Isn't any good Dad Patrick does off your schedule. If you're not used to getting up this early, it just throws you off.
Speaker 2: So I was out. I fell asleep. Is the Bacher good?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but that's like the pathetic part of again, when there's no good sports on, you're like, I guess I'll watch The Bachelor, all right, put it on.
Speaker 2: I was out.
Speaker 3: So if you're trying to fall asleep instead of taking like melatonin or or edibles like you do all the time, Bachelor usually does the trick.
Speaker 2: But you're right to sleep.
Speaker 3: Oh I could cut back on the edibles and just watch bad reality TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it works, you know, The Bachelor to me and any reality show, right, I was just tired.
Speaker 3: I can't get into that stuff unless, of course, there are a plethora.
Speaker 2: I said a plethora, even less there's a plethora of crazy hot women like I need them? Yeah, but why did they have to be crazy?
Speaker 3: I need them to be crazy and I need them to be hot, and I need them to be fighting with each other. When the Bachelor is like civilized, whether all like normal sweet girls boring.
Speaker 2: I need smoke shows that want to kill each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are two women so far in this season that keep going at it. They want each other's throats. And one of them was the last to get the rose on this past episode and the one that hates her like cave her this mean mug as she was walking up to get the final rose.
Speaker 3: H Well, you know what, we do have a five hour flight later today to Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Maybe o a little Bachelor, I don't know. Maybe I'll watch White Lotus.
Speaker 3: But right now we are talking about Shoheo Tani for one of the greats. It's kind of wild that he can't parallel park. That's the story today, believe it or not. That's the story. The cooler part of the story is, you know the superstars are back at spring training now right Baseball's right around the corner.
Speaker 2: So it gets you excited.
Speaker 3: And I get excited because when you're talking to your buddies, I don't think we've been this excited in a long time for baseball. So you're seeing a shift baseball baseball's bag. I have a theory about it. And you know what, I think you just overheard me, you know, annoyingly texting my dumb baseball pals.
Speaker 2: This theories as to like, why are you excited about baseball?
Speaker 1: I saw you lift your arm up like this, so I think Freddie Freeman did it for you.
Speaker 3: Fred it's my guy. It's the only Dodger I like because he seems like a good fella. Let's go to Chris and Montana. Let's wrap up this show. Hey thing the simple things you can't do in life when you see a guy like sho hal Tani who seems like a non human at times, I can't parallel park as sports car, like not even close, like he's the guy, like you know, you know, not to sound chauvinistic, but I will. There are times where my wife will get out. I'll get out of the car. We'll do a switch through. Like sometimes she'll just be driving because I'm like doing emails. If we hit a situation where we need to parallel park, she she freaks out sometimes and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, quick, get out. I'll get in the driver's seat and do it.
Speaker 3: Some people grew up not having to parallel park Maybe they lived in a more rural area so it wasn't a thing.
Speaker 2: We both grew up in the East Coast Caveno.
Speaker 3: So maybe you're a better parallel parker because you were driving to Manhattan and Jersey and.
Speaker 2: So, like, that's something I could actually do. That show.
Speaker 3: Hey, can't you look at that? Does that make you feel good? It does, Chris Montana, you're on a cavino on wretch? What's up, Bud?
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, So I'm a child of the eighties, so I should be manly to do this, but I don't know jack about cars. I can't change the oil. I can't change the tire, and I got fighting. You're like, hey, check out the ROADI oscillator connected to the alternator. You can push the transmission. I have no idea what they're talking about, Dude, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think most kids of the eighties and nineties. Not only I don't know how to change my oil, but you know what the crazier part is.
Speaker 1: You've would changed a tire before, Like if you if you had to car, if I had to change a tire, I'd be able to do it.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I also enjoyed Danny J picking up my phone and calling roadside assistance. You think I'm getting if if, if I got a flat tire. There's a lot of guys. This is a big national show. Good and you know the feedback we get when we talk about this. They look at you like you're a nept you know, the way you were talking about big sissy. Yeah, you big sissy boy. You can't change your own earl, can't change your own oil.
Speaker 2: I get it. Well, listen, yeah, look at those sissy hands.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Never never had a grease under those nails.
Speaker 7: Yeh.
Speaker 3: He's talking about roadside assistance. To some people, sounds like the most pampered thing ever. I have a question, if you got if you got? Mary macis shaking her if I got a flat tire? Knock on wood Mare. I'm the one o one here in Los Angeles. You think instead of calling someone, I should be on the side of the road while cars are whipping nid with Jack trying to change my time.
Speaker 2: But not on the side of the freeway.
Speaker 1: But if you know, like uh oh, my tires messed up, and you get to like a gas station, you should be able to go in the extra parking spot, the gas station has jack that car, and you know, change at least put your spare on.
Speaker 3: There is something to be able to about paying for convenience, right like, I don't want it. I just don't want to do any of these things. Am I capable of following instructions? Of course? But do I want my car? I have run flats, so I don't even think I don't have a spare tire now that I'm thinking about it. Yeah, you know if there's some like, no, I don't be an old bag of douche right now? No, well, hold on, you really do like a giant bag. Hold on, fifty percent of cards. Look up the stats, bird brain. Fifty percent of cars nowadays don't have a spare tire because they have run flats, or they just don't come with the spare The days of your trunk having the little hatch where you got.
Speaker 2: The spare tire. That's the old timy times.
Speaker 3: I promise you look up the Statue'd be baffled and boggled to realize that fifty percent of cars don't even have a.
Speaker 2: Sounds so privileged right now?
Speaker 3: Yesno, good, yes, but you like, at least I'll admit it. Mary, Like, for example, when the guy says, hey, you want me to chane your filters out? I know I could do that, but it's easier to be like, well, first you have to say do I really need that?
Speaker 2: The other stat to look up.
Speaker 1: As we're worldwide on this network, not everybody has a newer car, and we're talking about cars that might be ten fifteen years old, and of course that's where you're gonna have a tire.
Speaker 3: Prom trying to justify Notice how he's trying to throw me under the busy cooking. I've never seen his guy cook ever once. He's trying to justify his his who.
Speaker 2: Cooks every time the hammer Life House.
Speaker 3: When we grill a barbecue, grilling is not cooking, dude, g meat on the grill is not cooking. Well, i've never seen you using green I've never seen this guy that is.
Speaker 2: There's a major difference here. You're not my wife, you're my grill.
Speaker 3: Who you Ray Lampy, the godfather of barbecue. I've never seen you slather anything with barbecue sauce. I've never seen you use any spices. I've never seen use ingredients to cook anything on a grill is not cooking, that's grilling. I'm a fantastic cook, okay, but I've never seen it in over twenty years. And then the minute you call him out on his pampered behavior, here he's justifying it with his run flat. I don't know, maybe because I just looked up the stat and it said ten percent of new cars come with a full sized flat time. Okay, not everybody have a new car in the US.
Speaker 2: Have new cars. I don't know of an eighty seventh central. What do you have? There's a lot of people that do you boso privilege? Yeah? The car do you drive? What car do you drive? Married? You're how old?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 2: Also? You're twenty twenty one? When I was twenty I had a crappy old cartown. Yeah. No, so I have a twenty fifteen.
Speaker 5: But I can change my oil and I can also change a flat time.
Speaker 3: Why would you change your oil if you can go to Jiffy Lube, the car dealership or something like that and paid forty bucks?
Speaker 5: Do you want to pay I look when I was in college, I don't want to pay a hundred and something.
Speaker 2: And I'm a girl. They're gonna try to up charge me too.
Speaker 1: Just say Rich, I can't do all right, Rich Rich, The average age of a car or a light truck in the United States is twelve and a half years ago. Yeah, instead of justifying that's the problem here, I'm not saying I'm Mike and the mechanics and I'm the best at this, Steven the mechanics. But I'm saying, you know, hey, I can't. You're just justifying your crappy behavior and can parallel park show?
Speaker 2: Hey I can.
Speaker 3: You can tie this into sports too, Danny g Because there's a certain point in life when you realize, like, I don't think I could do this, and that's the reality, and it hits you like dang. Like we talked to Kurt Shilling recently, not the name drop, but he said, let me look at your hands, and I said, these little hamburger hands. Do you remember that? I said, my little hamburger hands. He goes, yeah, He's like, because if your hands weren't big enough, you were limited on how much spin rotation you can get on your pitches. He won't take giving those hands and immediately said, no matter how good you would be at baseball, you're just never gonna be great.
Speaker 2: You've got little hands. And I'm not going to debate the guy. He's one of the rights.
Speaker 3: But there was a point in time when I was pitching and I'm playing baseball, and I'm like, you know, Mike, my curveball is.
Speaker 2: Just not snapping the way it should. You know, it's just not Yeah, but did Chilling have twenty seven Little league home runs?
Speaker 3: He didn't, and I and I have that on him, and I feel great about fantastic. When it came to whiffleball, I had some movement, but when it came to baseball, dude, I could never what's the expression, pull the curve. All the time, I was gonna say, pull the car never pull the curtain the way and snap the y elbow and pull.
Speaker 2: The curtain the way that he wanted me to.
Speaker 3: And you know, all I threw was a flat slider, and you know, sure enough, everyone starts hitting bombs off of you. And I realized I had to accept this, that I just can't throw the curve the way I'm supposed to. That's a lot of came That's my story. Yeah, everyone, you know, I'm here the same and I here to justify. Yeah, I got little hamburger hands, but I couldn't throw the curveball.
Speaker 1: Dude, I have one, which I'm sure all of you can do, and I'm just lost with it.
Speaker 2: The new like.
Speaker 1: Digital style, a washing machine, I still can't figure this thing out. Now a garage. I have to lean on my better half for a laundry. Yeah, Like if it was up to me to do the laundry in the house, our household would be screwed. That's great, Like the old school simple washing machine.
Speaker 2: I could figure that out.
Speaker 1: But all these buttons and everything, I'm looking at it like it's Kit from Nightmare.
Speaker 2: I'll give you, I'll give you one.
Speaker 3: There's an intimidation factor, and there are two things that are very different, but there's one common factor.
Speaker 2: Water is involved.
Speaker 3: Anytime when I was a kid and I had a fish tank, that crap would get foggy and terrible, Like I couldn't figure out how to keep a fish tank clean.
Speaker 2: Do that. And for that same reason, I have a pool guy.
Speaker 3: You could argue that's like a waste of one hundred bucks to me, but to me, the pool guy's worth it because I feel like if I didn't, my pool would be green. Yeah, there's chemicals, like the chemicals you start talking about cleaning a fish tank, cleaning a pool, anything with water balance of pH in this, you might as well be talking about science class to me, like Cavi. You know, I would have a goldfish, it'd be dead in a week. I'd be like, wow, why is there mold in this fishbowl?
Speaker 2: See? You know what.
Speaker 3: That's why when people talk about intelligence, it's just everybody has a different skill set.
Speaker 2: That's really what it comes down there.
Speaker 3: There's people that are terrified of speaking, and you do it for a living, so I have a different skill set, and and they have knowledge in different things. And look sho heeo Tani. I'm sure he's an intelligent person. We know he's great at a lot of things, but the dude can't parallel part. And everybody has their weak sponsor, but the weakness their achilles. You that's the fun of you know, taking a look around the room and taking a look at your friends and family. We all have strengths, we all have weaknesses, such as life. I was talking to one of the dads at the school. This guy's like one of those super smart guys that you know computer programming and you know, like is the boss of a company with all these you know, you know those rooms of like the racks of computers and stuff. He's the guys builds those, But he's like, what you do? I would be terrified of talking. I'm like, you build computers. I don't even know how to restart my commit right, I don't know how to print out a document or as you said earlier, in excel sheet, right, Yeah, yeah, I can't do it, So show hey can't parallel park.
Speaker 2: We posed this question to Fox Sports Radio Nation, what can't you do? Well? Coming up? You talked about the excitement that baseball is about to bring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a buzz in the air that's a little different this year, and I think it's because there's a lot of teams.
Speaker 2: That are that are going all in, and there are.
Speaker 3: A lot of big market teams that are going all in, and I think that helps. I'm sure there's a lot of small market fans that aren't as excited, but you have to be intrigued to see what happens with some of these other big teams.
Speaker 2: There's a different buzz for sure.
Speaker 3: So a little baseball, well, NBA, little football, a little of everything coming up. Having some fun in for dam Pat Covino on rich More next on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mary Mack, who is this is? Jello? Who?
Speaker 5: Jello Cello, Jell Jello, Jella, Jellaell Jet Ball Le Angelo Ball? All right, yeah, I think it's the Angelo Ball. Did you guys hear the Lil Wayne remix?
Speaker 2: It was so bad? I loved it, but I appreciate your musical choices. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Mary mac Levar's son Danny, Oh it is Yeah, yes, sir. Yeah, he performed for the NFL recently performed at All Star Weekend.
Speaker 2: No I knew that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's getting a lot of props in the world of hip hop.
Speaker 2: I've been reading all the articles. I just don't know the song. A lot of lip syncing going on too.
Speaker 3: That's Danny g super producing, also a hip hop guru. At eight seven, seven ninety nine out Fox's Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick, and again every Wednesday, we do Midweek major the biggest stories in the world the sports and pop culture.
Speaker 2: Danny G's working on that.
Speaker 3: We decide if these stories are mid and most of them probably are because it's a week week.
Speaker 2: Are they mid? Are they weak?
Speaker 3: Are they major stories in the world of sports? Stick around for that again, live in Mercedes Benz Studio.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna talk some Floyd Mayweather Junior in a little bit.
Speaker 3: There's some NFL stuff I haven't thought about, neighbors, but major League Baseball, Yeah, there is a buzz.
Speaker 2: There's such a buzz about it.
Speaker 3: Again, we talked about show Hey pulling into spring training campt Parallel Park. But just the fact that you see clips of him throwing. Look, we're out here in LA. But I'm no Dodgers fan. Seeing him throwing gets me excited, like ooh yeah. Seeing all these players showing up on their new team gets me excited as a Yankees fan. Like I said, seeing all the new guys showing up cleanly shaven, which, by the way, I think is kind of weak because it's twenty twenty five. Let these guys be whoever they are with the compromise, keep it professional.
Speaker 2: But facial hair is okay. You know when it comes to baseball.
Speaker 3: You know how they always say like, you can't really judge a politician a president until years later, because you got to sort of take a look back later on in the moment. It's very hard to judge if something's working or not. They say that about a lot of things, but politics. I always bring that up, like, well, you can't really tell looking back. You need a minute, And I think enough time is passed in baseball where we could say without a doubt that it's very easy to want to criticize missionaris in all the major sports. But the changes Baseball made with the pitch clock, the slightly bigger bases.
Speaker 2: They're pizza boxes, some of the.
Speaker 3: Replay options, the man on second and extra innings during the regular season. All the little things that people bitched and complained about when they came out have now translated to bigger ratings, higher attendance, and it seems like a buzz and an interest in Major League baseball. Honestly, I got a credit the postseason, and if you feel different about it, let us know again. Of course, where gonna feel excited about it? First of all, we're baseball fans. Second of all, if you're new to our show. I'm a Yankees fan. They were in the World Series last year. They made some cool moves. Rich as a Mets fan, they got Juan Soto in high expectations. They're spending money like crazy, they got new jerseys. There's lots to be excited about.
Speaker 2: Danny g is a Dodgers fan.
Speaker 3: I win one hundred and twenty games. And the other side of the question is this is it a guarantee. There's so many ways to look at this. Is it simple or easy to say that it's a guarantee that the Yankees, Dodgers, and Mets, being they spent so much money, are automatically in the playoffs this year playoffs? No, seriously, it's a long season, right, one hundred and sixty two games. But when you do look at some of these teams, and it's not just the money spent though, they're making solid moves, like they're really creating big teams. As a result, you're seeing the Red Sox make some sweet moves like that trickles down because if teams really want to compete, they're now forced to make other good moves. There's other teams are good rosters. Yeah, the Alias Philadelphia Toronto Cleveland. The Padres are still good, Danny, gres hate them, still got a stacked lineup. In fact, you could argue they're the team that matches up the best against the dots punishable faces. Yeah, so here's the question based on it. Two questions, two part doozy. If you want to speculate even more, let us know. Are we jaded because of course we're rooting for the bigger market team, so of course we're excited because you're expecting them to go far.
Speaker 2: How far?
Speaker 3: I don't know, But is it better to be surprised when your team makes the playoffs or the pressure of like the expectation, because I feel like it's expected that all three of those teams are in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's any question.
Speaker 3: I said at a dinner last night, and Rich and his buddy were debating, like, you think the Mets will make the playoffs? I'm like, they better make the playoffs? How did they not make the playoffs?
Speaker 2: Danny?
Speaker 3: The not so fun fact about the Mets, And I'm sure other franchises have like weak ass stats like this. Other than nineteen ninety nine, two thousand, the Mets have never made the postseason back to back seasons. There is an asterisk there though, because unless you county fifteen to twenty sixteen, unless you got the twenty sixteen in one game wildcard, but I can't count that as the post But I'm saying for technic count I know I can't count against when you when you make the one game playoff before the wildcard was a three game set, I can't call that the playoffs. You played one hundred and sixty games. But a lot of teams think they rebuild. That happens in the NFL and the NBA all the time, where you think, God, this is the year, and the team falls flat.