Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze Tv. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show. And Here we Go America. It is a brand new line. We're at a brand new day on a brand new week. The veterans are ready. Here we go America, Western Florida, Laurel, Mississippi. Wow, they're coming in Marbury, Alabama. There's the Foxes in Alabaster, Northwest Beaches of Florida Airport Ready, Huntsl's ready, Yellow Creek, Tuscaloosa County Ready, Say I'm ready, Birds, Luna.
Speaker 2: And Gee, we see you.
Speaker 1: Union Springs Chas Bono's beard is ready. Everybody come, Chipley, Florida. Auburn, Alabama. There's Georgia ready to go go now, cater Alabama Center Star is ready. Adam, what's the baby?
Speaker 2: Java?
Speaker 1: You ready? There's Gunnersville. I was there Saturday. The Prouts are back from the beach. Guys, you're ready. Metro Power in Daphne, Ready, what is that? Lisbon, New Hampshire, good night, Hollywood and Scottsboro Aerol Space and Oxford. We continued, Washington State's ready another day and we are ready to go another week too. So Speedy, Greg and Nadler all here, fas welcome back. Check on check everybody's here, check one two check. Yeah, it was great. I was went to see my father in law in Gunnersville, Alabama on Saturday. We started to share it and I started realizing that with me going to Texas this weekend and everything that we have going on Father's Day weekend, that if we wanted to go see my father in law for Father's Day, we need to go Saturday. We didn't have anything going. The weather was beautiful, Gunnersville was lake. Gunnersville's a magnificent place to be. And went over to the old City Harbor and ran into all kinds of folks that were saying for me to tell you guys hello, and they're loving the show. Really. Yeah, it was good. Good to see all of you there in Gunnersville. Uh So that was a great visit. That's a pretty drive in it. It is a beautiful drive. It was great. And I look for barns when I drive a well, you'll get plenty of them. Yeah. Uh so that's right, left right, love a barn, you know, Yeah, I like a barn. That don't like barn like a barn. Of course. You know, there was a we were you know, we walked a trail with her dad, you know, get him out, get him moving trails, and it was like the trail of course, they're the trail trail to a barn. Yeah, the trails right there go right by Lake Gunnersville. If you've never seen Lake Gunnersville, it is magnificent. They damned that baby up in the thirties, I think nineteen thirty nine, thirty eight Old Tennessee River. Wow. Uh and boyd Yeah, they turned that thing into one of the most beautiful lakes that we have in the country. And so it was great to be there. And of course I didn't realize that during the Civil War. I don't think it was it was hey, hey, Union, y'all got us, They no need to burn city there burn city. Apparently some of our some of the Confederates, took out somebody in the Union Army that they really liked and they took it out on Gunners.
Speaker 2: Really, by the way, I did, I forgot about this it is. It is so beautiful. I did a wedding right there.
Speaker 1: Is that that hotel right there? Yeah, yeah, that's that's right by the city Harbor. That hotel right there, I think.
Speaker 2: Really really pretty.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Uh, I love Barnwood Builders, and I believe they did some stuff there too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, beams and that there's a big old beam.
Speaker 4: A lady that was on an episode. These are like early seasons of Barnwood Builders. They have like one hundred seasons. Uh, but they I think done more work with her.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I told and I've even got some pictures I could send at or somebody. I should wait. But you know, the sherry and you know, it's it's something that at one time I guess was more normal, but in our lifetime it really wasn't. But she is still from Her family has their own graveyard. So when you go to when someone is laid down, that's in their own graveyardt and you go there so you can see the history of the entire family. They're in that graveyard and wow, so the bow Dines will serve Yeah, I'm talking about all the way back to the War of eighteen twelve. Wow. So yeah. So it was looking at it, looking at all that, and I mean for for Sherry, and I guess it's great to have them all at one place instead of spread around like most of us. And she was able to go all right, so there's you know, there is because her mom passed last year. She's like, okay, so here's my mom, and that's where my dad will be. And I thought how odd it was for him to stand and actually see it. But then then you go and here's my granddad, here's my great granddad, here's my great great granddad, and and they're just they all are right there. Yeah, it's and it's a beauty full got on a little hill overlooking a little pasture. It's beautiful place. And I believe the history for her family too, you know, with bow Dines. They came from France, and the history is that that all that land that her family has, including this cemetery, was given as payment for somebody way back that actually fought in the Revolutionary War. Hey, thank you very much for you with all these facts today.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So because they sometimes they would just pay people for their service with land, because you know, we didn't have a little whole lot of money land run, and so that that would be what you would get for serving is plot land. After we were done with the Red Coats. Of course they came back in eighteen twelve and the ever serious. But but you know, and we talked about even in the past years when we were all doing Rick and Bubba together and brought up the point as far as miraculous, the war of eighteen twelve may be more miraculous because we kind of surprised them with the Revolutionary War. They didn't think we could do what we could do, but they they came back in eighteen twelve and brought everything and then we won't take it back and we won again. And if you read the history of eighteen twelve, there's a lot of supernatural things that happened, like a storm that helped us one time. They kind of came out of nowhere. So so it was a it's interesting. Of course that's where we got star spangled banner from look and see if that flag was still there. Yeah, still there, Yeah, still still there. A lot Saturday or is it? Would it killed him to make a song easier to sing? But anyway, Yeah, a lot of range, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: A lot of people textations says they found a gator in Lake Gunnersville a few weeks that good.
Speaker 1: You can't even have a good.
Speaker 2: Gaters will live anywhere. They live in sewers. Good, not they live anywhere.
Speaker 1: Want somebody who saw Strange Encounters this weekend, Ricky, if you're going to Texas, stay away from Waco. Oh you don't have to worry about that. Uh huh, that's creepy place. Well, you know, I just was like, there's been a lot of term over there. Yeah, there has been, so yeah, if you miss that, So let's update you on all that and we'll get to the break and get started. You do have things that happen over the weekend as far as content, and there's plenty of it. You can go and get Strange Encounters episode three. There is a story that happened in Waco, Texas that I share, and we cover more about angels and demons, what seems to be biblically sound and things that we come up with that you can't really scripturally support, so you can you can enjoy that. Thank you for all your feedback on that, by the way, and I want to tell you on strange encounters, let me tell you what the goal is not. The goal is not to try to scare you. That's not what we're trying to do. We're trying to be informative. So don't if you're kind of shining away from it going it's really we're trying to be informative. We're not trying to scare you. Now, some of the things we talk about can be troubling, but also we want you to understand that there's things that are to be reassuring too. So so just if you haven't called it, episode three is out over the weekend, and let me tell you something. Now, some of you haven't seen it yet, thousands of you have. Thousands of you now know who won the Burgess bast battle because episode four out this weekend. Got a lot of great feedback on that. That really turned out. That really turned out great. So everybody here did this such a good job, and young Broderick did a great job of editing that and bouncing around the pond. I think everybody miked with the wrong cameraman was definitely a game changer. So if you haven't seen episode four, tells from the camp house that's now available ad or I've got a hay Burge on that too. I'll let you cue up to something everybody wants us to review, but I don't know whether to give it away because I mean, it just now came out. Now you're worried about giving something away. Sure, but anyway, thousands of people have already seen it, so it may come up on the show today if you haven't seen it. And then episode twenty of Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold if you want to go back and enjoy some of the greatest moments of the thirty one years of the Rick and Bubba Show. All that came out over the weekend, so you can go grab that. And of course the daily archives of the Rick Burgess Show also available all the time. So we'll be back and we'll kind of jump into the day. Pretty active week.
Speaker 2: Mister Chen is alive.
Speaker 1: Chen's alive.
Speaker 2: I feel like I have to tell you, you do have to say. I feel like Monday first segment, I have to say, Hey, he's a lot. Chen is all sad about it for some reason. He's not moving right, He's moving great.
Speaker 1: We don't want this is the Rick Burgess Show. All right, listen up. Blaze TV just dropped an explosive investigation and you need to see it now. It's been five years, believe it or not, since George Floyd, you remember this in Minneapolis and everything turned upside down. For the first time ever, three active duty Minneapolis police officers are speaking out on camera now there they remain anonymous, and they're telling the truth about what really happened. Now. These guys were on the front lines when the Third Precinct was abandoned and burned. They're still on the jobs, still in uniform, and what they reveal about Derek Shavin, Governor Tim Walls and the breakdown of law and order in that city is absolutely jaw dropping. They say that the officer that was held accountable was railroaded, that Walls completely failed him. They're risking their lives every day in a city that's turned its back on them. Here's the deal. You can watch the first ten minutes for free right now on YouTube. Just search on YouTube Blaze TV Minneapolis. But to see the full unfiltered investigation, you got to be a Blaze TV subscriber, So head over to BlazeTV dot com. Slash Rick and get twenty dollars off your subscription. Sign up, support unrelenting journalism and see what the media won't show you. Some of you have asked whether it be signed copy that assigned options available after Father's Day. I'm talking to the publisher about that. I'll let you know. Greg. The audience wants to know. Did you see Earnhart this? We did, Greg saw it, he finished it. Did you did you take the squalling? Uh? Yeah, it was a good one. You did squall. I didn't squall, but it was a good one. And no, but Lisa acted like she started watching too, and act like she always wanted to Wait a minute, she claims that I was she thought I was talking about the one that's it's kind of like the F one version. They got the NASCAR version of the season. Yeah, it's basically last year's season, right, I like that show, the great show. And she was like, I thought that. But wait a minute. Lee's claiming she always wanted to watch Stern Heart. Yes, and you're you're saying, you know when you brought up she had an attitude about it. Yeah, but she's claiming she thought it was that other one. But I'm not buying that, but anyway, so yeah, we so you started watching it and she said I was like, oh, what's this? Oh yeah, I'm going this is what you didn't want to watch. While you're over squalling she did squawk. Yeah, yeah, you know it's gonna get well, you can't help it, squall. But it was really crying together, very well done. I thought, does it? Were you a little surprised at some of the things that Walter would say? Derek Walter not well when he when he said something about kind of like because because at least I got mad at Aryl for that and that I didn't hear that was coming. Greg almost almost backed up and said, did I hear that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Said that people think he's the greatest ever? But he wasn't right with something. Isn't that what he said? Because I almost rewounded and said did I because I don't want to miss quote him. But he was trying to say stuck in the middle here that he was trying to say that he's outstanding, but some people say he was the best driver ever. And Darrel Walter says, basically Daryl saying that's kind of a bold statement. Was some pretty good drivers, which I get, which is true. But it doesn't mean Plus those years when he was roughing them up real bad, they that a lot of them like that. That's not how you do this, right. A lot of people didn't agree with you, the drivers and why I got one of them when he wrecked them both on that on the short track, on the last last.
Speaker 4: But I gotta warn the everybody, both Burgess boys.
Speaker 1: You've had plenty of time to watch it, all right, So I don't know, do you think then, and do you agree with this? Even Earnhardt himself, as best he could, said he also changed how he raced too. Yeah he stopped doing that. Yeah he got he got a banging a little bit. But when he first came in, poor Jeff Bodine, oh my goodness. But anyway and terrible. I didn't have a problem what Waldrip said. I mean, he's got the right. He knows as much as he accomplished, he's pretty durned good itself. Well, you also saw that he was very upset about Dell Earnhart and cared about him greatly. And the thing when he said, why in the world did he hire Mikey when Mikey was over four hundred and sixty two, That was what's hilarious. Of course, Earnhardt said, well, your brother's never won because he's never ridden into my in our gear. I'll put in one of my cars. He'll win. Of course he did, he did, but that was a long, long losing streak.
Speaker 4: I know this bothered Sherry. I'd love to know about Lisa ern Hart as a father. This kind of went, you know, behind the curtain on that. It was that disappointing for Lisa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think most people kind of knew that, you know, didn't expect him to be. But you know, in the end, he did best he could. I guess from what you know, what about his son of sixteen years oldfore we ever saw it, you know, yeah, well, and the fact that you haven't seen your son ever and he walks in and you say, hey, what's up, let's go for a ride. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And then he was like, if you're not first, your last?
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh man, oh yeah, that was Ricky, Bobby, sure you sure, yeah, I think you it was. I remember right after you put that mountain line in the car with that's right. Of course that Earnhart Nations turned on Walter. Now, that was not our intention. I said detect Nation. I don't. I don't, thank you. It didn't bother me. I think has been a lot of great drivers and there I've just seen a lot more than I think. Yeah, I think Darrel Walders did what we would do here. But you can say that he was one of the greatest drivers of all time. But if you declare he is the greatest, that's quite a statement. Yeah, there's been a lot of good drivers. Right as much as it wasn't our thing, o, Jeffrey Gordon was pretty good, very good. What about when he was a crazy Yeah, that was at the hey Day. I mean it was yes, to see them crowds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and his kids, you know, uh Walker and Texas Ranger, you know, the way his life acted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the so I mean it was it's a great doctum. Yeah, it's really good. And you'll take the squalling. And again, I knew most of it from listening to the day he has guests on that were in that era, and then I knew about it.
Speaker 2: I knew most of it.
Speaker 1: Knew about it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I kind of like watching somewhere you know about it, you know, you're there.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 2: Oh I knew that.
Speaker 1: Well, there were things. You know, you you remember, but then you don't remember. Yeah, you're like, oh, okay, I remember some of this. By the way, me claiming I remember all this is incorrect. I don't remember that right there, but now do Yeah? What about how many races was that he ran, you know, when he was, you know, just getting started, and his dad never came to none of them. It was like one hundred and fifty or something, Yeah, and he never came to any of Ernhard didn't come to one race. But I think that was you know, everybody has different styles. I think his thing was I'm not trying to speak for Earnhardt singor I'm sure he didn't need that, but I think in that case he thought that he would almost overshadow Yeah, if he shows up, and because that time he had he was incredibly successful, Yeah, and had a huge fan base. My son's trying to make his way, and he thought it was the best way is to let him make his way. And a few times Hank Parker, who's in this a lot by the way, outdoorsman, corrected him on that. Yeah, but buying them some guard. But I can understand him saying, if I show up at this little track, all attension is going to be taken away and gonna put on me and did seem the same way and his dad did the same thing and that. But by the way, usually when you see this kind of stuff, go back to the other dad and you'll you'll you'll go, oh, this makes sense now, I don't think that stuff he's passed on the documentary. It may be just on one of the interviews. But he said he finally won a race because he said he never won a lot when he was coming up Dale junior. He said he finally won one, and he said, I had the trophy sitting out and everything and wanted dad to see it and be like he looked at him and he's saying, there's some guy that dominated that track. He said, well he must not have been there. Oh wow, because evidently he wasn't there. So is there any reason for me to watch it now that y'all have.
Speaker 2: I mean, my favorite part was when he was like shake and be.
Speaker 1: By the way, I agree, I agree with textingation. Hey Gordon, the frosted eyebrows, I mean you can was his eyebrows. Look we're got Greg frosting on them?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got some thick eyebrows. Okay, so Greg saw Earnhardt speed. There's no need for you to see it now, Greg, good night, Greg and I have this cover. You haven't talked to Hoby's Hobby's seen it yet. I need to ask him about that. I know.
Speaker 4: I don't think he had seen it. Friday when we worked out and Greg was a no show.
Speaker 1: Greg, Greg, That was another question I got over the weekend. Yeah, Greg, no show at workout Friday? No show it is? Yeah, so you Greg done? Yeah, I didn't go. Okay, he won't go again. Why don't you just tell them you're not gonna do that? I wish you would wish. Why do you keep giving them hope?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm them up. It's like the date and you're standing the.
Speaker 1: First time in a long time, I've even considered it.
Speaker 3: Greg.
Speaker 1: It's one thing to disappoint speedy but Greg, but you're also disappointing obi wanbie wan obi wan kenobybie kobebi obi wan Kenoby. I walked in solo and he was like, where's Greg.
Speaker 4: I thought he said he was coming. I said, Greg ain't coming. He ain't coming.
Speaker 1: So in the workout, can you keep it with Hobyah, he's a little younger. I know. Do you show him you show him a little something from for us older folks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, just teaching young man mental toughness, little second hand lines a man.
Speaker 1: I try to get two more reps.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I know that you get a lot from Hoby. Does he get anything from you? I don't know. I don't know. That's a great question, right, I think so. I think so, buddy. See, we're gonna make fun of stuff. So this is turned from Greg standing us up to now I'm being made for guys in this room. It can turn quick on you. I think you got something going. Also. You look everybody's turning like to focus more on Greg standing this up? Greg, are you going to ever go to one of these workouts? Just get this off the table. Yeah, I'll go this week, probably to me.
Speaker 4: I gotta let Greg know. I think he's picked up on it. The only reason I asked is I want to entertain myself. You know, I know he's not going no, but I always want to entertain myself. I wonder what he's come up with today. Well I can't.
Speaker 1: Did you ever hear from him fronty? You know he.
Speaker 4: Mumbled on the way out I was. I was leaving and I wasn't even gonna ask him about He goes, hey man, and then he came up with something.
Speaker 1: No, you said you had to stop off and I had to go through Auctor. Yeah, what you have to do.
Speaker 4: And here's his problem. And I understand he wants to get home because he's got a long driving. But when he's got something on his mind, he can't do anything else. So he could he could go in and do a quick workout and still go do what he has to do.
Speaker 1: Listen here, if I'm not gonna let him know I'm coming, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: You'll be looking at the door of the whole time if you're going it's worrying.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Actually have footage of Speedy and hopeing working out. I found footage of thee It is.
Speaker 1: Right. I always thought that was weird. Don't have little boys have dolls? Remember they tried. That's basically an action figure. That's one thing. I don't think that was a big Sanast's fine, but it was huge. I don't think my buddy sold a lot. Well that that's scary movie kind of that's nothing but chunkies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, thatsed.
Speaker 1: Overall, it was a fire redhead besides my buddy, not a big hit, like you said, Action figure is fine, but not that. Yeah, I mean, that's that's all I have been huge. That's that is a baby doll for me. For boys, it is. We don't need that. My buy my Hobie.
Speaker 2: The doll was a big hit in the eighties, but it wasn't a big hit they TV commercials.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and Fridays.
Speaker 4: We normally don't work out on Fridays because it's just it's Friday and Friday working. But we did. We did, uh get get one end and but I knew he wasn't going. So I just want Greg to know that I'm not going to ask anymore. It's just part of it's just me entertaining myself because I just want to see what now. I can't today, I gotta wipe my butt.
Speaker 2: I can't go.
Speaker 1: You know. Ever, since I got you know, we could walk to it. It was a lot easier. Why he says that every time once I get in the car, guys, I got pretty good drive once I get in the car. Kind of like he always plays it. He'll play that commute card. He'll lay down that commute card. Second, and let me tell you something. Once he hits riverside, yeah, and that door shuts, it's over. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Now, I want to say, the only reason this even got got cranking again, because I remember, I don't ask anymore, I just go, is that last week I said, Hey, I'm going. He goes, say what what y'all going this week? And he engaged me and said, hey, Friday, I might be going Friday. The only reason why this was brought up. I don't ask him anymore.
Speaker 1: Greg, Let me tell you what a commuter doesn't do. Work out on Friday ever. No, even people I live, I'm gonna work out on frontday.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, by the way, I had wrestling. I didn't ever have to my buddy, but I had wrestling buddies. Do you guys remember those? Oh yes, so did those counted? I have dolls did.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, wrestling. As a matter of fact, we were were you have been checking cost you know when we started the Rick Burgess Show, and then we got fund the nations, so that way, you know, the merch can do good things and also get things to you and and help fund the nations as well. But this was one of the things they proposed is all four of us on the show, each one one of these, and they're still working on and they're still working on. If we pull this off, it will be.
Speaker 2: Here, buddies. So that nose on hulk Ogan, I punched that a million times.
Speaker 1: Why would you punch?
Speaker 2: He was my wrestling buddies. We're going to fight.
Speaker 1: You're a little holster all the little I thought you.
Speaker 2: And then we were going to sleep together and snuggle.
Speaker 1: You made it weird with me, don't make it weird.
Speaker 2: But we fought too.
Speaker 1: Now we were like brothers. Now, this other one over here, what was.
Speaker 2: Was an Ultimate Warrior Ultimate?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Ultimate war I couldn't remember all their names.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never really those two exact things.
Speaker 1: I never really got into rustling to me once it left Georgia Championship, oh yeah, it got one big yeah. And then and sat when Tyler got old nothing and he liked it. But I took a break. Now when we were watching Georgia Championship with the free Birds, what Tony Atlash Tommy wild Ire the spoiler? Yeah, I just forgot about the spoiler. Yeah, you don't remember the spoiler. Stan Hansen uh, heart punch, Uh yeah, oh yes, oh yeah, absolutely. Uh. The the Anderson brothers and Anderson's there was a million of it, was a million of them. Only Jean right arms wrong when them Jean Jean Jean Holy and Lars Lars Lars Anderson. How do I remember that? I don't remember Abdullah the butcher doula dirty dis later. Yeah, nobody he was part of that was in my mind. I just want to show his name, make his name. You can't help it. I knew he was gonna say I had that name alone, really is I'd forgotten. I'm not supposed to talk about GGIA CHAMPIONSIP wrestling anymore. And how can we forget the American dream Dusty Rope, Oh my goodness, had the worst looking body, but was agile as he could be. Oh, let me tell you the fat guy. That's agile. Nothing better watching magic happen, he really is, like watching his boy is like a big star now, Oh, yes he is. He's one of the main ones.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Cody Rose is his boy. Yeah, I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think he really is. You know a lot of times they act like their brothers and stud like the Anderson's I really don't think they were all from the same family, but I think he actually is dust. Let me tell you, Greg can support me on this. So we lived up halfway between Birmingham, Alabama and Atlanta, Georgia. So the Georgia Championship ship people would come to our local civic center. Yes, okay, the big names. And one of the things is we went to school with a guy that got body slammed by one of the Ole Anderson body slammed one of our friends. It was the greatest night ever. Yeah, because he threw it. He threw a coat. He had had a coke from the cans stand and when when OI come back, he threw it on him and slammed. He got slam on the civic center floor on the weight of the ring.
Speaker 2: And then Diad came through.
Speaker 1: It was like, look all right, we'll be right. Greg was gonna say that the last anders Anderson. Yes, I forgot about it. This is the Rick Burgess Show. Thank you for being with us. The text nation weighing in heavily. Always good to get information from you guys. So I don't know whether so speedy you were in Huntsville this past weekend, Right, you're right, okay, but I mean you guys didn't go anywhere near the Rocket City trash Pandas did you. I passed it, okay, I passed it. They were I want to say games Friday and Saturday night. M h interest.
Speaker 4: We had some box seats in here Friday morning that we're going to the Friday night game.
Speaker 1: Interesting, they may have been part of this all right from hayburg hay Burge. If you want your email to be considered to be on the program for discussion, put in the subject line hay Bird hay Burge. Now, this would have been probably the worst case scenario for me. I can't imagine trying to go see the trash Pandas play. You're oxcided, you're ready to go the Rocket City trash Pandas. Let people bring their cats to the day game this week, oh no, and allowed them to sit anywhere they wanted as long because he put he's put here, he goes. If this doesn't make a Rick Burgess, I love animal segment. The cats could come to the game as long as they were kept in a carrier going to the game for in that they could sit on the grass. If the cat was on a leash, cats don't do leashes. I've never seen a cat. Maybe one didn't. We do a video one year of a cat on a leash. They usually don't do well with les. Normally, they normally don't do well. Hey birds, Nothing says I love my cat quite like making it sit in a carrier for three and a half hours at a baseball game instead of just simply leaving it at home. I've heard of them having dog knight. I don't. I don't think you had to put it in a cage. The dog knight. Yeah, that's right, you have, yeah, Franklin do.
Speaker 2: It was good and it was hilarious because you know how these stadiums or whatever have like sound effects that happened for or whatever, something happens.
Speaker 1: So they they ain't terrified dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, broken glass or whatever. Well there's one that is a doorbell and it's like ding dong and then something happens. The entire stadium full of dogs started barking when that happened. That was hilarious. But y'all, cat night, that is that's a that's a that's different.
Speaker 1: That is much different. You gotta keep it in the box. This is the ultimate. I love, I love animals. He wants to go to see a ball game. I got my cat, my little kiddy cat, I'm gonna take to a baseball game because I love him. Rick, what are you gonna do? I'm gonna put him in a carrier and let him sit there in the blazing heat for three and a half hours because I love him. No, we we love to have animals. You don't do things like this to an animal you love. Can you imagine what would happen? They said, now you can bring your kid, but you got to put him in a box. Yeah, it's kidnight, you know. I mean, you wouldn't do that, you gotta Does anybody think that cat would rather be at that baseball game and a box or on a leash? And I've never seen one on a leash do well, So I think they just threw that in. Uh this is like you said, Adler, I think it's annoying for dogs to go. But dogs are built for this kind of thing. Cats are not built for this. Cats want nothing to do with this nothing. Why would anyone say I'm in I'm putting my Can you imagine being there and carriers everywhere, cats everywhere? Think about a dog park?
Speaker 4: You know, like you can at least take your dog and they play and have other You ever seen a bunch of cats.
Speaker 1: Go to a park and play, you know, no they you know.
Speaker 4: So you go to a ballpark, often in the grass or something, the dogs are all hanging out, you know. Put the cats and a crate on my lap, and you're looking.
Speaker 1: In there at the cat every now and then. First of all, I think if the cat could communicate with you, the minute you brought up the baseball game, he go pass pass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, part of a dog park. It's because dogs are cool and they'll have fun, you know, they like to have a good time.
Speaker 1: Dogs. Dogs are willing to work with you at part to some degree. Cats are never willing to work with anyone. Every now and then the dog will have a scene when the guy I remember he was trying to break the fight up right inserting his finger, but right, but that had the little dog in its mouth and but try that same move on. Can't see what happened.
Speaker 4: So the trash Panda's staff loves the rick Burgers show. Uh with jc's team got to play there this year and boy they just came Hey loving the show. Loved I'd love for some of them to reach out and go, guys, what was here? Here's the concept behind it.
Speaker 1: I love my candy cat. I love him so much. I'm gonna put him in a box for three and a half hours in the summer heat. I love him. Which night was that Friday or Saturday? It just says this week, oh, this week. I don't know if it was this weekend when it was, I don't know. So we're we're just going by the fact that Adler took a dog to a game. Yeah, we didn't comment on that. Not just any dog, but.
Speaker 2: Franklin, Franklin and Kevin.
Speaker 1: So you loaded up, come up, took them to the ballgame, walked them around.
Speaker 2: They used to take Kevin everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, you snuck him down there.
Speaker 2: Ye stuck into a hotel one time in a bed sheet. I was just like doing laundry again for the fourth time today, I'm back behind this hotel for no reason.
Speaker 1: You know that you were carrying a You say, you say you took your dog named Kevin everywhere like that was a good thing. That was not a good thing. It was annoying. It was very we don't do that to people.
Speaker 2: Hey, your dog just pooped in our bushes. Please clean it up. Also watch your dog.
Speaker 1: Of course, you have a terrible story that I've agreed to not bring up. I won't.
Speaker 2: It's not enough time. If you want to tell me, I need like twenty years, I need like twenty years, twenty years, twenty years. Great, I know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yea, if it's twenty years from now, will y'all come by the home and tell me.
Speaker 2: We're coming up on like twelve or thirteen. So we're getting there. We're getting there.
Speaker 1: Only what about I got to make it seven more years.
Speaker 2: Seven more years, yeah, or something like that. What's that a statue statute of limitations?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, it's a good one, they said. In the parking lot they were, they saw all kinds of vans from various Chinese restaurants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can. I can find lots of videos promoting cat night, like on the news, local news, like it's coming up. I can't find a single video with actual like footage.
Speaker 1: Of surely nobody took them up on this A bunch of people sitting over the crate.
Speaker 2: I can't find anything I want to see a cat at a ballpark. I can find two pictures online.
Speaker 1: You're looking at it, but no video having fun. Don't you think that the only people that would try this are people that are new to cats? Yeah, oh, there's great. They don't have any cat, they're not cat savvy. There's no one who's cat savvy would fall for this.
Speaker 4: Alright, So here we're getting reports, Uh, Thursday Night, May twenty nine. Okay, all right, that's our Thursday. I don't know what time they played, but they said it was May twenty ninth, and we.
Speaker 1: Got some jokes. Letting go, Greg, don't I'm not. I'm just saying that wood material there you really want to take. Why don't you get to work out on your schedule?
Speaker 2: Stop all the yea yeah. On the Facebook post, it's promoting it Cat Night, May twenty nine, May twenty ninth. Like you said, the comments are I feel like my cat would hate me if I tried to bring her, or that's like give your cat a bath night.
Speaker 1: It's really not a great idea.
Speaker 2: To the people that plan this, even own a cat.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm glad to see people with some sinse, even the cat lovers understand.
Speaker 1: Do you think they had one cat come to this game? I can't fight.
Speaker 2: I can find two pictures cat man no video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, my.
Speaker 2: Good gosh, that's funny.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's a yeah.
Speaker 2: I struggled to bring a kid, much less a cat. My goodness, it's hard enough bringing a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think of the three things you could do, kid, dog, cat, I think the dogs are simplest.
Speaker 2: Yes, less expensive too.
Speaker 1: We'll be back. More of the Rick Burgess show coming up. Thanks for that email. Right up to this, we've been covering a number of things so and we'll get into more as the as the show goes forward. We have more to cover today, including headlines and things that have happened since the last time we were together. We also have updated you that there's a lot you can participate with today. We have episode four, love your feedback that's coming in on that on Tales from the camp House. The Burgess Bass Battle is over. We also we have episode three of Strange Encounters that's out this weekend as well, and we appreciate all your feedback on that. And one week from today is the last day to get a signed copy of Men Don't Run in the Rain, and we also have the T shirt to go with it. There at the store at rickburgesshow dot com. So there's some of the things we covered and we've talked about. Have had an email that we talked about with you know, this cat night with one of the minor league baseball team in Huntsville, which sounds odd, but but Greg, I want to tell you. You know, speedy, let's face it, he can be socially awkward. You know, he's he's yeah, he's an he's an over greader. By the way, I want to thank your wife for sending breakfast here today. These beautiful and wonderful, I mean, delicious. What are they where it's they're not protein balls.
Speaker 4: They're no, they're they're breakfast balls. Uh and and and they're shaped like a ball.
Speaker 1: That's why we're saying that. And I had that, Yeah, And I don't know why. I don't know why you would call him that otherwise. Well, I asked Terry, I said, she said, what do we call him these? And I said, well, you know, because she was I could when I walked in, Man, the house just smelled so good. And she said, hey, I'm I'm do you know what making you these breakfast things?
Speaker 4: Yeah, egg and sausage and and stuff. Like that, just breakfast. It's a ball of breakfast, that's what it is. And uh and she said, let me see because she got the recipe off something. She said, let me see what she calls her cause, oh, she calls them breakfast sausage balls. And she said, but they're not sausage balls, so we can't call them that. And I said, well, I think we're just going to stay with breakfast balls in Yeah, and so you were tearing them up.
Speaker 1: Well what I did. And it's a shame to have to do this, It really is. Because I'm sixty years old. It's a shame. But I went ahead and got three or one. There's no way I'm walking out. There were two, now I got it?
Speaker 4: Yeah right, yeah, and the and Greg, you can have some even though you don't share with what you bring them, you can have some.
Speaker 1: And you too.
Speaker 2: She made them for everybody that's kind, sharing is caring.
Speaker 1: And they're very very Greg, they're very very good. Just you know, take my lead on that. Yeah, So thank you for that. But I want you and Adler to weigh in on something. Greg. So I have now discovered what that not once but twice Speedy and his wife, I guess and your son right. It just make me and my wife and they have been at church where I go to church twice Speedy has seen me and has not spoken to me. Did you see him? No, has not has not come up come over to me with his wife to me and Sherry and go hey, guys, Well you were locked down.
Speaker 4: I mean you had you had ten people behind by you.
Speaker 1: You like he's an acquaintance. No, I mean it's weird.
Speaker 4: Well we were going by you and and you had ten different people behind by, yeah, pulling you from here to your office, and you were just locked down with people, all right. And I thought, well, if he looks over here, I'll be like, man or hey, how you doing? Where it was there were so many people. I'm like, I'm not going to bother him.
Speaker 1: Why not a man? Mac and uh.
Speaker 4: And then on the way out you get the same thing, and I'm like, well, you know we're mingling and saying hey to people. It's just I just didn't want to bother you. I mean, you're just so speaking to him, bothering him.
Speaker 1: Bothering.
Speaker 3: In there.
Speaker 2: I was like, not any other there, Like.
Speaker 4: I've noticed one thing Greg, Greg and and Rick never looks up.
Speaker 1: He never looks around. If he would have saw you, he would have abandoned everybody that he was talking to to come speak to you.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just I didn't want to bother You're like, you're like a really close friend.
Speaker 1: We worked together every day.
Speaker 4: Well I know that, but I and being a good friend, I knew that I would be a bip if I bust up in there, going to be rude to the other couples that are talking to him and go, hey, I know y'all are talking, but boom get out.
Speaker 1: Was in conversations that he just can't get up. Well, he apparently didn't look up because I was looking over at him. But well, if he looks up, I'll be like, let me show you what you should he come? He got this. I think I think he's afraid that's gonna bother him down. Yeah, I think focused. No, listen, guys, get it. What's wrong with this right here? Lobby? So you saw me lobby going in and coming out lobby one time?
Speaker 4: Uh going in, Uh going in, going in, that's the that's the best shot. Yeah, but you were the Dawson was talking with y'all. It was a bunch of people talking to y'all, and I wasn't going to bust up in there.
Speaker 1: What's wrong? That was the first time? What's wrong with this? Right here? Watch this?
Speaker 3: Greg?
Speaker 1: You are me and Sherry? What's wrong with this? It's about our distance?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: Are you just close to me? No? No, no, like I said that, you're you're you're you close? What's wrong with this? A lot of people, a lot of people around and.
Speaker 4: You and you look like you were like we have Either you were really faking it or you were really in the conversation, you know, I mean you were really in it. You were like you know, no, you were just I mean you was talking to uh. The first time it was Dawson and his wife.
Speaker 1: No, his wife wasn't there. You and Sherry were talking to them.
Speaker 4: Just Dawson. His wife wasn't there. When a couple cop this Sunday. No, this wasn't this Sunday. This was the first time.
Speaker 2: Okay, multiple times, multiple multiple multiple snubbings. I would even say.
Speaker 4: Right, and then this time you were already on your road and talking with people, and I'm like, well, I'm not going to because we were like Benny Rose, I know, Benny and his wife were there, Benny Cares. I'm just saying I felt like I was trying to call myself because y'all always say I'm an over greet and I'm coming into me. So I'm like, not, I'm just gonna stay back and just un accepting and let Rick talk.
Speaker 1: To his friends. And I didn't want to bother you. You know what, I realized, this is what hurts. Let me tell you one reason he's not coming there. Me, huh may he may. He's coming there to hear great preaching, great teaching. Yeah, let me tell you one reason he's not coming because I'm there, Not that that ain't it. Well, he ignored you twice yours. I cool would be to be like going to church together. Well, I mean I didn't. Jac speaks to me every time becomes.
Speaker 4: Well, I know, but I mean just that I didn't want to bust up in there and be.
Speaker 1: Like here I am, I'm sitting by Daddy. Let me sit by Rick. That's what it was. He's afraid. He's afraid people.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's not that. I just was like we were here and I was talking to other people. Well, I just didn't think that it presented it, So I didn't want to like, you know. And then then there was one time that y'all got pulled at the end. I think y'all left and I got bogged down. I looked up, y'all weren't around. So it's not like I was avoiding you. It's just that it didn't well. Sherry going in, I'm like, well, i'll speak.
Speaker 1: To him afterwards. And then afterwards it didn't. Sherry burned us. Sherry burned us on Sunday. She loigagged uh, and I told her I was gonna mean the line at the lunch place, because we got to get out here and get there. If we get there, we can get you can get a table.
Speaker 2: What time are you guys walking out?
Speaker 1: I will say that the service this past Sunday was a little lengthy, almost black church lengthy, right, because because we had a lot going on, they crammed a lot into one service. And I knew we were in trouble when our when our Sunday Stree class was over and people were in the lobby and they couldn't get into the second service the first Sunday was the first service was still going and I thought, I looked at Shery's that's that's a good sign there that we've got a lengthy day in there. Yeah, and so.
Speaker 2: What time do you walk out?
Speaker 1: I mean, like normal, So let's go normal because Sun Sunday was abnormal. Yeah, Okay, on normal, we're probably rolling out of there. Uh noon, it's tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eleven forty is preferable. Yeah, that makes that makes a big difference.
Speaker 1: It does this one restaurant we go to. If we'll just come on right, we'll we're fine. But boy, we got into I mean we got there. I mean, like I say, even the Presbyterians were are we there? Right? Something on the text line nailed it. If if it had been Hoby over there, he'd made it. That's true, he made Yeah, that's right off the.
Speaker 2: Hob I'm Hobe.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go as far as to say that Hobbie won't tell St Me to where he goes to church.
Speaker 2: That's not true. That's true.
Speaker 1: See, I can't win. See if I bust up in there, it's greet. But if I stay back because you're busy and can't win and do my thing, it's like, why don't you come over? Hey, did Tobie actually told spitt he was atheist? To anyone.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Tobie, I'm sorry. Buddy's workout. Buddy, you don't believe you know what it is.
Speaker 2: I'm another evolution only guy.
Speaker 1: You listen. You know what this is because back in the thirty one years of Ricking Bubba, we had a little unofficial pack that we didn't all go to church together because we thought we'd get in trouble if we went to church the same place.
Speaker 2: Too much?
Speaker 1: Yeah, too much? So you trying to are you worried to make you uncomfortable to be at the same time?
Speaker 4: Did you know he was in conversation if you was just standing there or whatever. I come up with that, buddy, he was in conversation with other people.
Speaker 1: If well, I'm just going to say this, if one of us comes across the other one anywhere, right, we're going to make a point, Hey, buddy, right, you know much less church?
Speaker 4: Right, y'all have if you'll expect it, if you're if you all would have been walking with me at the time, y'all can't visualize two times happened, but right, But if you'd been walking with me up during the time, you'd be like, yeah, just going in. Maybe I'll catch then that later. Never happened. I get enough of him during the week too.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: That's what it's not.
Speaker 1: That's what it is. That's not it. Greg won't speak to me either. No, here's my brother. Everybody made you break for me, bottom line. But you notice it like sometimes you see somebody and they're like, oh, they're locked down. I'll see him later, and then later didn't not at the level of where we all want to bother you. Here's the Rick Burgess Show broadcasting from the real world, WI Speedy, Greg Handler, and Rick Burgess. Up there, God's time pull the show. Here we go, America. Let's go to the Rig Burgess Show, broadcasting from you. Everybody, Handler, Rick Birch, time, the gang all here two hours behind us. If you miss him, catch him on the daily Archive. We appreciate you being here. Okay, so Larry, come to the Rick Burgess Show. Larry the patch man has sent an urgent text, but he didn't call. I find that odd because we were actually in a phone segment. Great job, America on the unscreen phone calls. As Really, this has been very I've really been encouraged. This is such a better way to do the phones, and it's gone great, and I think for some reason, never it'll mojo. I'm not the same thing.
Speaker 4: Greg, Would you do me a favorite? Since you do it every day after the show, would you go over there and call Larry? Because you do that, I know you have to call Elizabeth.
Speaker 1: So so Larry says that this is super important.
Speaker 4: That's what it said. That's what the text text nation things said.
Speaker 1: And that was I'm Larry. That was from Larry. That was that was there? That was his number. Well, I didn't know Greg knew how to do this. Oh he does it every day. Do that commercial? Yeah? So uh and plus I just want to see him do it right? So is this how this works? I can probably do this well, but how do you? I say, where you hit that doll button right there? No, Rick, not the doll button? No hit that stupid? Was that? I just said that? Of course that's what you get if you're going to dial right be Greg?
Speaker 2: You okay, buddy, all right, bunny struggling. Here we go, you doing good?
Speaker 1: Oh good? Good at the end. Anyway, Greg, you are sharp. You don't just think your sharp. You are sharp. Here we go, Hey, Larry, this is the Rick Bargers Show.
Speaker 3: We're you're on the air, Larry, Oh, good morning, Caravin. Morning Caravin wanted you you know, what did you like to actually eat? And I and what do you like to drink? We don't know that.
Speaker 1: Greg's not coming. If you'll have a long nare he actually went to This may be why he's gone to a Baptist church twice and he's hid from me. Hey, nobody's hiding, but you got me hiding in the corners. People hear that.
Speaker 4: People hear that, and that's what they think.
Speaker 1: This is. I just want to be sure that I have this right. Larry went on the text option and said, Speedy cotts important.
Speaker 2: And that was the important thing.
Speaker 1: This is the important thing they're already getting ready for when you're coming over. Hey, Speedy call us please. Highly important.
Speaker 4: It's highly important, you know, but you know what Carolyn wants to know, So that is important to Larry Speedy.
Speaker 1: What would you like, Carol? Larry, what do y'all like? What? What's what do you here? We go? They don't know what they've stepped into.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 1: You're asking the wrong guy. Well, we lost them, you see you probably probably I didn't do anything mm hmm, but I didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: Larry, are you there?
Speaker 1: Go over there and hit readout. Hurry up? Greg, quit acting, showed me how to do it. Click right there where? Oh my gosh, above it. Here we go here the little thing. Can you not walk over there? Here? Yeah? Down there?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 7: Rick?
Speaker 1: Where? Greg? My gosh, that right the day right there? Hit that? Yeah, hit doll. We gotta have a number in there. You didn't have read Greg.
Speaker 4: I tell you you've moved by as fast as the guy who's making me a sub sect.
Speaker 1: We're live right now.
Speaker 2: There are millions of people. You're wasting there too.
Speaker 1: You just say as fast as I know those Look, I understood, I understand making the sandwich in front of us somebody thought was a good idea. But man, I find myself almost get behind the counter, say and just forget it.
Speaker 4: I got it right, I mean couldn't move. I mean literally, It's like he was in slow mo.
Speaker 1: I did it. Hey? Can I talk to Larry please and not make fun of him? That's what I got it. Hello, Larry, this is the show. We're back live now.
Speaker 4: Somehow we got disconnected, so I apologize for that. But you were asking about what we like what I like to eat?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Jern looking up what you like to eat and what you like to drink? Okay, have any food allergies or strong dislike?
Speaker 4: Now, well, Greg's the one with the food allergy. He's allergic to nuts. So I'm glad he's not coming.
Speaker 1: Calyn, that's not helping. Helping. So like, what's your favorite dish, Carolyn?
Speaker 3: I don't. I was thinking of making a roast and then some sighs.
Speaker 1: That sounds delicious, some roast and some sides. What sides? You're not going?
Speaker 3: I really have? Well, for one, mashings, come on with that?
Speaker 1: Can't go on with that? I can can't go wrong with you? Some corn bread that? That's no, don't.
Speaker 3: Cord, what is that? It's okay? Actually, back in history they actually used to fry the hose cakes on a hose?
Speaker 1: Is she saying they're gone? Wait? Did she agree to that or was it forced them? Hey, Carolyn, we can hear you. Don't hang up.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm gonna talk through them. Okay, I'm going now. So you say, are you saying a hoe cake?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you lady. Look, hey, okake sounds fine. You know why Larry likes in that form because because there's corn bread that looks like a patch.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: I used to cook him on the whole though. Well, this sounds like a lot of fun. No, I know you guys are new to the show. But we have a at our church. You know. I guess he's gonna come to this and hide from me as well. But it's a it's a chili cook off and there's a guy that makes those to dip into chili and they are fantastic.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 1: So Larry, do you like this?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: So we got roast, we got mashed potatoes, green beans, and o cake.
Speaker 1: Oh that sounds.
Speaker 3: Good in the morning or in the afternoon.
Speaker 4: Oh well, we gotta finds five hours to get yeah. Yeah, we gotta find a day. And that's that's kind of important.
Speaker 1: Speaking when are you going? And uh when.
Speaker 4: Greg just want me to go come down on a Friday night so he can go with us, go with me. But I don't know that that's gonna work. It might be that I drive down one day after the show and then I'm there live the next morning. Larry, Carolyn, maybe I can see all that evening.
Speaker 1: I want to warn you he's bringing some dog named Cuddy. That's not true. I'm not doing that. I'm not doing and if some guy named Hoby, are y'all.
Speaker 3: Coming this week? At first out I thought it was next week, and then Larry said, no this week, ma'am.
Speaker 1: No, ma'am. I tell you what I'll do. Carolyn and Larry. I've got your number.
Speaker 4: I'll reach out to y'all and give you enough heads up, but I don't think it's going to be this week.
Speaker 1: But so don't no panic there.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, yeah, I'll give you plenty of heads up and you don't have to make anything for me.
Speaker 1: But that was that sounded delicious. What you're making.
Speaker 3: He'll know the time anyway, it's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we're probably what it hurts you to do a p It hurts you do a power Okay, hey.
Speaker 4: Carolyn, cake and pie and maybe some brownie I got.
Speaker 1: I got to remind Rick won't come back.
Speaker 4: You're not going you food like you're gonna beat.
Speaker 1: But because I care about you, you know, I would have said hello you at church.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well so Carolyn, Uh guys, would it be okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: You just want to make jumping for the whole crew for you to take back for.
Speaker 1: The whole crew, assary back to the okay.
Speaker 3: Jumping for everybody to dating everybody there.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, I gotta bring that back. Yes, hey, Larry, let me tell you. Get ready to share you Black and Miles? He will.
Speaker 4: What can I bring y'all besides a patch in Black and Miles?
Speaker 1: Anything else? Carolyn? What do you like? But we had somebody in the box seats last week that that gave us a lot of patches for Speedy to bring to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I have wonderful I really do have.
Speaker 1: No, no, sir, I'm very serious.
Speaker 4: There they're in my office, Larry, there in my office, I have them for you.
Speaker 3: Wonder we missed that part?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yo somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, Carolyn, I know that that that Larry likes patches and you have fallen in love with patches. But is there anything that you like outside of patches that I could bring you?
Speaker 3: No? Not really, I don't collect anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, well indirectly you do?
Speaker 4: Do you pull on one in Black and Miles like Larry?
Speaker 3: No? I do not, thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, guys, that's that's more than wow. I mean yeah, Carolyn. That was very sweet. Larry, I'll get in touch with y'all, give you plenty of Thursday, No Greg Tuesday. See, this is all fun to y'all, isn't it, buddy?
Speaker 4: Yes what Larry and Carolyn and myself, we're gonna have a blast.
Speaker 1: Answer is yes, food sounds good. I'll say this is this is like some I'm really I'm really going. Yeah you are. Look the audiences on board. Now it's over, Okay, So let's let's get to some headlines here. I mean, this is a horrible story out of Boulder, Colorado. So we we had a pro Israeli you know, free speech. You've had all the college campuses that have had their you know, they've they've gathered for you know, free Palestine and the anti Israeli sentiment. And now you had some people that were standing up for Israel uh and having their own protest. And unlike the Palestinian protests, this one was bombed. Uh we now knew know who did it? Uh that the stories are they really are. We're having a hard time figuring this one thing. We know that eight people were injured, some badly. The first report, first report was someone had died, right now we can't get clarification. We we hope that's not true. The stories are very confusing on whether there was a death or not, but we know that it was bad and that they were bombed with molotov cock molotov cocktails while they were just standing there being peaceful and and letting their voice be heard. And Rick. The group is called Run for Their Lives.
Speaker 4: It's a grassroots group organize UH or that organizes runs and walked uh that tries to, I guess, help with the the PRS the Israeli hostages that are still being held since October the seventh, twenty twenty three. And it's a peaceful global organization. And so that's what they were doing when this when this guy came Quill.
Speaker 1: If you're trying to have good public relations on the Palestinian side, these are the kind of things that that that this is not the message you want to send, because it looks like that you keep doing these things that bring this on you. Mohammed sabriy Solomon. Yeah, and here's one thing too, Let's go ahead and get this out of the way. He is still in our country from Egypt, and he's in our country illegally, so he's over stated his visa. We have not sent him back and he shouldn't even be here. So this, this event would would not have taken place if he were not here illegally, right, So you got you got to throw that in because that is part of the story. And Adler has some video. Have you been showing that already? This is this is him.
Speaker 2: Look at him just holding them water bottles. Yes, this is right after it happened. There are people bleeding out all around and he's shirtless with just I guess gasoline or kerosene in spray bottles. So it was like a makeshift flamethrower. Also that he kind of used horrible, just crazy, and he was yelling free Palestine. I do have if we just want to keep it kind of sterile, because those eyewitness accounts are just kind of just brutal and sad. If we want to keep it a little more sterile, I have the FBI given a breakdown of what happened and confirms a lot of what we were saying here.
Speaker 7: I'm able to confirm there are six victims, ages sixty seven to eighty eight. All of them have been transported to local hospitals. This attack happened at a regularly scheduled weekly peaceful event. Witnesses are reporting that the subject used a makeshift flamethrower and through an incendiary to ice into the crowd. The suspect was heard to yell free Palestine during the attack. The subject has been identified as Mohammed Sabriy Solomon and he's forty five years old. The FBI is processing the crime scene in the subject vehicle and interviewing key witnesses.
Speaker 1: So there you go. And so you've we all heard about that sadly over the weekend.
Speaker 4: So and Rick, to your point, I mean, the slough of charges here go on and on, and then at the end it says and he's been charged with two counts of first degree murder. But the circumstances surrounding the murder charges are unclear, since authorities have not announced whether any of the victims have succumbed to their injuries. So there's a little confusion there. But that's to your point, Rick, on those well, the first.
Speaker 1: Time that I sought reported over the weekend, the very first time I was like, oh, look at this, this looks horrible. They said that one person had died. Okay, but now the stories today, as y'all all pointed out, are not saying that. But then there're stays to be charged with murder. Well, you can't be charged with murder if nobody does. Yeah, you could be charged with attempted murder. And maybe that's maybe there's some confusion there. I don't know, but but anyways, so there's the there's the story.
Speaker 2: And then I think because of the injuries on a couple of people specifically were so brutal that that the the the word was death.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's that's what I That's what I heard on the first report.
Speaker 2: So you see a lot of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So sadly it may be not official, but it's it's going to be the end result. So I don't know. Uh So we do a horrible story.
Speaker 4: In the last couple of weeks we've had in d C, we had the the two gun down and we're screaming free Palestine there, correct, and then now this.
Speaker 1: This is a this is the kind of stuff you know, if you're trying to do the pr campaign, We're just peace loving people that are being mistreated. It just this, this doesn't help, and you got to call your nuts. You know, these these people that keep bringing this on everybody else, you know, your terrorist groups, people like this. So so there you go, and then you know we we were you and I were informed yesterday. I didn't know you were there because you didn't say, hey, you were. You and I were informed about this bizarre story in Seattle. Now when you say Seattle, you know Bizar is coming.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: You remember when they lost their city, you know, doing the which we all laughed at, when they wanted to be autonomous, you remember that and didn't realize that they couldn't because they couldn't get any food, of water, and they didn't know what they couldn't so they started asking for help. But that's not autonomous. You're not. You're not taking care of yourself. Try to create their own city in their own country. You remember this in Seattle.
Speaker 2: Chazz and Chaz and then they change it to chop.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So so here goes. This is a weird story, but it's important to note. In America, and the story was being reported like this, there were a group of Christians, a Christian organization that wanted to have a praise and worship service kind of thing, maybe a live ban or something at one of the parks in Seattle. They went through the process to get a permit in order to do that. The mayor, according to the story, allegedly told them they could not have the part they wanted, but he could give them a permit for another park that he said, this one you can do. So they said, okay, sure, just want to part. So they do it. So as they're doing the event, they are attacked by the LGBTQ community and it turns into almost like a riot. They're at the event that they're trying to have and then come to find out when the mayor spoke to this thing turning violent and getting out of hand, he blamed the Christian organization, not the lgbt Q, even though he's the one that gave him a permit that put them right in the center of the majority of the LGBTQ community, almost like he was picking this fight. They yeah, yeah, and he instigated it and then blame the Christian organization. Now, I want you to listen to this, and said that the LGBTQ community represented the values of Seattle, not the Christian organization. Now, that's an important shift if you're living in this country right now and go ahead and take a note on that, because that's important and that's what's being reported. And if that's how that went down, that's that. That's disturbing. Yeah, that's disturbing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're calling it. You know, you've got antifa, they're calling it trantifa.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I didn't know that, Sharper. Well it again. When you hear that and you're like, so the mayor, it almost sounds like he orchestrated the whole thing. Yeah, sure, why why remember now, look out through world history and look going forward. Why would he do that to cast the Christian community what in a bad light, to make them the problem not the answer. I take a note of that. We'll be right back. You know you've heard that. The Amish, I mean, they'll raise a barn in a second for it. I didn't know they could pick up a barn. Literally, I know they can raise a barn. I didn't know. I didn't know they could pick one up. Wow, eight hundred Amish men in Ohio. Watch this. They pick the barn up and move it right.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and with their hands, y'all.
Speaker 1: Look at that.
Speaker 4: Just hang.
Speaker 2: Lapse of it, just there going.
Speaker 1: They're moving it.
Speaker 2: They're just walking with it.
Speaker 1: That an entire barn. Steedie, how do you be in a barn? Person? How's that feel? Mine? That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Now for those of you that cannot see this, the barn, the frame around it is. It's not closed then yet, so you still see this.
Speaker 1: So there's guys studge and then they got the roof on it again.
Speaker 4: So there's people on the outside, maybe what two or three rows on the outside, and they go all the way through the inside too.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I mean you're talking about everybody holding their own weight.
Speaker 4: Yes, I hate they're moving it around like it is nothing, like it's nothing.
Speaker 1: You're here conc you who no, no, no, no, did you just say that you hate crap on something?
Speaker 5: Grig?
Speaker 1: You don't hate crap. You You get up every day and looking for what you can asking the question why didn't you just build it where you wanted? It? Look cracking? Why do you want why do you want to build it at the edge of the road and then have to walk around with them once you you know where you need the barn, build it there. That's how walking with a barn that's not nine omious people not knowing the story.
Speaker 4: It could be that it already was there, and and they took the outside off, and they wanted to move.
Speaker 2: It because sometimes you got to move a bar.
Speaker 4: And relocated, you know, barn experts. They didn't say they just built it. They just said they moved it.
Speaker 1: Said they built it.
Speaker 2: No, they moved it. Hey, check this out. So it's it's kind of out there. It does look like it's a new construction. It's kind of like at their chest or so height. Want to say, all right, let's it's at our chest height. Let's now move it down to about our belt height where we're all holding it up from. Uh so they're gonna walk walk. Well, it's like it's on a conveyor belt, y'all. This is amazing. And then right here there you go. You see, the whole thing just goes down a level. They're like, all right, we're good.
Speaker 1: We can lower it from the text nation. Could eight hundred Amish men take a gorilla? Yes?
Speaker 2: Teamwork? Okay, that kind of teamwork.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know who's directing everybody. All right, pick up and you're who decided to tell you? What if we get enough in here, we move it? All right, here's about this. I'm gonna actually now when because you're in the Amish, I know, y'all, it's hit or miss with you, Greg, good sausage. You're about to about to love this. Adler nine also saw and I don't know how old this is. I mean, we just both happened to see it. I guess on our I guess, I guess you and I with the algorithm them both said Adler and Rick would like to see this.
Speaker 2: They like Amish content.
Speaker 1: So watch this. If you raise your hand in the audience. If you're driving, just one hand, raise your hand. If you've had a deck built on a home, Hey, I need a deck built. Uh, the Amish, send two young Amish guys and and catch this.
Speaker 4: These young gentlemen said, by the end of the day, they will have the whole deck up right.
Speaker 1: Instead the whole doc that waits. One day, Look they're gone and the whole thing is finished. Two Amish boys built an entire deck with rails and everything in one day. The coup part. They built it at the road and they picked it up. Nobody asked you to weigh in on that. But Greg, can you ever now is that different than everybody else's experience? But you can't get anybody wall. These two Amish young men come up and say, we'll build the deck, and I bet it's a show enough good deck, Greg, Let's focus on their work in it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Do we see power tools? Are they allowed to use like power tools?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Are they?
Speaker 1: I'm sure?
Speaker 2: I mean you can't. You can't do that with that with a hammer.
Speaker 1: Can you? And boy the slope there on too that look at that he can't. Of course he's dropping an F bomb, but he can't believe. Look, look that's not a wow, that's a show enough good deck.
Speaker 2: It's way up there.
Speaker 4: Can I I want to go back and you don't have to pull in one day back to the one day the deck is started and finished.
Speaker 2: I'll take some of that.
Speaker 1: Yes, it took me a wait to get somebody clean gutters, and finally that happened. Uh.
Speaker 4: Back to the barn getting moved where they're going over? Did you see the foundation?
Speaker 2: That's yes?
Speaker 1: So are you back to them moving the barn?
Speaker 2: This foundation?
Speaker 1: Look this found he's got to sit on that, and it's got to sit on these Does that helped Greg?
Speaker 4: And when they get to there, they go from their way and they lift it back up above their waist.
Speaker 1: This is new or not? It looks new to me.
Speaker 2: It's new.
Speaker 1: It went now I'm talking about the building. I don't know. It looks like it is who knows. I don't know. And again wait wait, wait, wait wait, it looks like he was sitting. They're moving at Greg. They're moving the location it used to be there, Greg, Yeah that was there. They're moving at Greg. You got a problem with that. They don't like it. I tell you what happened. Somebody said on text Nation their wives didn't like where it was and said, no, over here, why don't you build?
Speaker 2: That's no good movie picture. It's like when you hang a picture.
Speaker 1: From you ever tried to get a couch where it's supposed to be. I want to know why these people here watching it? Ain't Heaven watch this?
Speaker 4: So they go here and watch they pick it back up right above the above the post, So there you go. I sat, and then and then they got guys that are trying to make sure that they're on the post where they and then they let it down.
Speaker 1: That's that's a thing out there.
Speaker 2: It goes.
Speaker 1: Can you look at any video and just go that's that's impressive? Yeah, no, I can answer that speedy. Let me answer that for you. That's a note, y'all.
Speaker 2: Look at all these Amish dudes, a lot of bonnets in the crowd.
Speaker 1: To anybody, anybody, just a little bit. When your life's real complicated, you got a lot of things going on, really getting hassled. Have you ever found yourself kind of yearning to be Homish?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Amish family, simple yeah.
Speaker 1: Simple, simple times, I guess simple. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but simple. Remember the series when they moved to the city and go crazy the young ones. Yes, great, that's not worth being I want to settle on the Amish life here for just a minute. If I could jetted die you're killing me. Pick it up. Yeah, you know they were. Somebody was not pulling their way. Somebody was in there just for look. Look how quick we're off The Amish text Nation wants to ask Greg if you saw two tons what they call one thousand pounds suitors they were the latest episode. Yeah, they'd be like showing memory of once from the past. I didn't like it as good. Okay, so I forgot how big they were, but I thought that might have been something you would have enjoyed. Yeah, it wasn't is.
Speaker 2: Good breaking, amish breaking.
Speaker 1: I want to go amish positive. Yeah. They built a deck, a good one in one day, and they moved a big barn.
Speaker 2: And they raised the barn on Monday.
Speaker 1: So raise another I know we all want to hear it. Yeah, if it wouldn't have got us canceled out of play in the top of the hour, you know. He uh. It's rare that Greg tries to say, Hey, I want to help you guys out with your viewing habits. Watch some weird stuff. We really will, and I will tell you, guys are not helping me anything that y'all come up with. And look, I got I gotta have something. I'm trapped right now. Love my wife with all my heart, lovers so much, just just so in love with this beautiful woman. What a blessing she is. But boy, all right, when we're sitting down watch some different shows and stuff and we take some TV time just to chill, boll she's she's selecting some real I mean, I hate to say, pretty boring stuff. Boring boy, I'm having a hard time with you. Do you want to find this one I watched? Okay, go ahead because I got to remember if it was on a streaming network or on like Lifetime or something. Well, you'll go Lisa out on the weekend. As the day starts winding down, we'll say, let's try to find someone and if we find something good, we'll bend something. We do the same thing, you know, like a little bit of like, okay, we've done everything we need to do. What do you think about right now? Will you think of going downstairs so we can find something? Yeah, we do the exact same thing, and right now, Hart, we're struggling. Earn Hardt even watched the spin off. There's actually a special about Michael Waltrip and his uh relationship to ellarn Hart. Never seen that. And I can't get I can't get sure interested. You know how we became Zeppelin? Won't I can't. I can't have anything to do but yet, but yet I give in. You know, when I'm looking at some you know, summer we turn term parties. Now it with Sherry, you're all you're going, You're going back in time with Sheer. Every time we're going to some sort of period piece. You know. Basically, Sherry wants to watch any show, any series that remotely looks like a Pride and prejudice. If it remotely looks like pride and prejudice, she'll give it a shot. And some of it's just it's just it's just not as tough. And then there's just one guy that's in every one of them. I'm like, who is this sky.
Speaker 2: The green Gables that wholes kill me?
Speaker 1: I can't get out, I can't get out. Well, I got something for you, Okay, Again, I don't know what it's on. It may and I don't why am I feeling weird right now? What is he gonna say? The Vanilli story anyone? And by the end I felt bad for Robin fab Yes, I called in that and couldn't get out of it. And it was just hey, and we all know the story. But you know they were just dance and they put them in this video and it's this mastermind, this producer. He puts all this music music together, and they keep going with the winter, we're gonna sing and he keeps putting them off. Well, then it gets released without them singing, and we're gonna do now, and they keep wanting to sing. Anyway, y'all know the story. So they finally you want me to go home and say, hey, babe, I know we're enjoying that that movie about you know, the eighteen hundreds, but our show or series or whatever, and we're in some town where it's never sunshine. It's always cloudy, and I know that we want to stay with that, But would you be interested in us watching the mid story that today? Correct? You do you feel bad? Rob bab so sign ever come out on those kind of series?
Speaker 2: Ever? Seriously?
Speaker 1: Is it ever sunny?
Speaker 2: Overcast every day?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: But way, yeah, okay, so on this story here, ye, I mean, we know we know the story, but you're saying that they weren't really in on the in the beginning.
Speaker 1: No, they they didn't go hey littless faith our voices and the shows the guys who really sing, and they're the ones like overweight guy that's like, you know, they're all older than one, almost like your granddaddy, and he's got he's got his like his brim on. Yeah. But there's a twist. I didn't know the first release. I guess it's scaring. You know, it's true. I guess that was it go ahead sing there was already They didn't write it. I mean even the producer he did. He wrote a lot of stuff, but he didn't write it. He stole it from some people that were like at a low like a low level recording studio, and they were trying to make it. Well. He somehow got it and released it over in uh Europe, and it became It wasn't a huge hit, but it was like in the clubs. Well there was that whole song so well, you know it's true, they come I Love You anyway forrest all said and done, when it all crashes and burns, Those guys got him a lawyer and they ended up getting credit for that one single, and it set them up for millions and they became actually successful. Little Studio or brim Guy, the two real singers the studio, Little studios, two real singers were just on. I guess they just came in the salary. They just can't use them for different stuff.
Speaker 4: So I'm two, I'm the two singers behind the curtain, and my song blows up and and and I just got paid a little bit to go to singing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure what their deal was at the end. What kind of money were the two fakers making. They weren't making a lot of money. Well, they had a bad contract with they were living how they they ever put up in the record company and put them up in the in the house in California and all this stuff. But like the first time they show up in the to talk to the record people and they just start talking. They all start looking at each other because their accents were horrible. They're like, there's no way they can't you, I mean, because.
Speaker 2: They don't sound like girl. You know, I guess.
Speaker 1: The real singers don't look good enough to market. So they took the look and put the voice with the look, and it just got out of hands almost grammy yeah. And that's what was the beginning of the end. Of course they went. They kept wanting to sing, and the producer was pushing them back because they couldn't sing. And then finally they got all big head and they said, well, they won't be a second album unless we sing. So he calls the press conference and says, hey, they didn't sing any of it. The producer okay, So they tried to back the producer in the corner, so he just called a press conference and said, you know, it wasn't them, they didn't sing. A note went very similar, very similar to that thing you do, because remember they tried to do some roadblock against the Tom Hanks character saying we want to sing the songs we want to sing, not the ones to make it a sing. And he did. He didn't say okay, just said well then it's over. Yeah, here's the yeah, same thing here. He was like and now he called a lot of grief. But in his career as a producer at the end, he sold over eight hundred million copies of different stuff, So he did all right. The only two people didn't do all right were those two yeah and died what's their names? Fab and Rob. One of them died didn't want of them take his own life. Yeah, well I already drug over there, young, kay. But yeah, I just thought it was funny that I watched the middle of Nelly. But we always watched those sometime we watched and it was actually a series about uh I was the.
Speaker 2: Name of singing great behind the music or something?
Speaker 1: Well, no, it was a movie about the one that Bobby Brown was in new edition addition, Yeah, it was like a series. We watched that one. Who are You? You came in today? So I got some suggestions for you. The Milli Vanilly story and new edition? Are you killing Vanilli? Give me something I can tell the right now? The new edition thing was years ago. You won't find it. And are the streets always plays on? Betail a lot? And that are the streets always muddy? Can we ever have the streets not muddy in the series? Right? And we know that we know the guy everybody thinks is bad really isn't bad. And and she's trying to talk about how bad he is and she's eventually gonna fall in love with him and find out he did something really nice that he kept to himself. And know what new We all know this is gonna happen.
Speaker 2: This happened? Can anything happen? Or are we just gonna sit around and talk the whole time? We're talk goodness, we're talking still again, it's more talking in this movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the same drab room.
Speaker 2: Yes, the orchard and now we're talking in the orchard. Okay, now we're in the courtyard and we're talking in the court talk a lot. Can anything happen in this movie?
Speaker 1: We're on horses now, same conversation on horses, all right?
Speaker 4: So for everybody that's just screaming, Greg, how do I see it the story of Milli Vanilli.
Speaker 1: Uh it is.
Speaker 4: It came out I think in three late O three twenty three. Excuse me, not O three. I apologize Paramount plus I think.
Speaker 1: It says that sounds right. Okay, all right, have that where they were playing live in the record the record the tape starts skipping. Yeah, remember, yes, they showed that. That didn't really because a lot of performers use tape, so that didn't really And they got away when they got nominated for the Grammy. The rule was you have to sing live at the Grammy. Oh, but they got an exception because they didn't know what they were gonna do. But they got an exception, and they and they.
Speaker 4: At what point did the two fakers at what point do they realize, Okay, this is real and we're just going to live to lie?
Speaker 1: It? Was it right when the new single was released? Yeah, Gaby blew up so big and they're now we're living in this huge house in Hollywood or wherever. And but they just thought they were dancers for the video. Yes, live first, and they were like, when we are when are we going to record the vocals? And he kept putting them off, and then finally he released the end of the day. He was like, well we came now wow. And then they were like, well, we want to sing on the next one. He was like, yeah, I guess, but.
Speaker 2: Do you'll want to hear girl? You know it looping real quick?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh that's it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they just run off. They're like, I gotta get out of here. It's a girl, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't watch stuff like that. You ever seen that before?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: That's ugly, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I just trying to do it. Yeah, we knew this was going to happen. Uh, someone is going to ask Trump about what happened with the with the is it macarn as? I say his name, Myron? It's Peter Deucy, I think. Now. Let me tell you what's hilarious is that Babylon B and others had a field day and we all saw Myron. We all saw his wife push his face back. Oh yeah, hushing his mouth. So Deucey is gonna ask Trump if he wants to give a manual macaron any advice? And here it is.
Speaker 4: This week, there was a video on board a plane that showed the First Lady of France slapping her husband Emmanuel Macrum.
Speaker 1: Do you have any world leaders, world leader marital It's like, make sure the door remains flooded. Yeah, the door needs to be awkward e linestand over. Yeah, Greg, why don't come him awkward? He was hearing his press conference, right, he dressed up for it. Uh godfather T shirt all right, So.
Speaker 2: Dogs father it was what it was father?
Speaker 1: Right? Uh?
Speaker 2: Girl, you know it's true.
Speaker 1: I'm gunning who who so now one a Edler one a so Trump now is going to make fake news what he calls them watch their own Fate network admit that Trump is an economic genie. Did you see this at the end of last week. I didn't see it.
Speaker 4: It was about the numbers and they sure and look he literally has an aide bring a laptop over and just hits play.
Speaker 1: Right, this is crazy, all right, So watch.
Speaker 3: This from you know, Joe Karenan and Rick Santelli just just came out and we'll just play that for a second.
Speaker 6: Personal income is eight tenths of eight tents percent. That is almost triple the expectations wanted.
Speaker 2: The income base.
Speaker 6: The income numbers really for the first four months of the year, there's stellar.
Speaker 1: They're really stellar.
Speaker 6: I mean, I could go back and look at the first four months of many different years, really very strong numbers. And you're right, this administration is criticized for just about everything under the sun. I've never ever in my lifetime had glimpses into the politics of an administration in the form of transparency like this one. Why don't we be you know, give credit where credit is due. I also income really shooting.
Speaker 5: I also thought everybody was going to get one last order of of imports that were going to be tariff, and they were loading up on things. How the hell did the how the hell they already fixed the trade or not fix it, but to cut.
Speaker 2: It in half. That's crazy.
Speaker 5: So there wasn't a lot of front loading of things that they needed before.
Speaker 3: The Trump.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll tell you what it really does, calling the question some of the conventional wisdoms. And you know, it's gonna be interesting to see what happens next month when we get this number, or we we see some of the other numbers, like current accounts, see how they feared.
Speaker 1: Because I don't know, I've been.
Speaker 6: Watching these numbers a long time. I don't think I've ever seen the trade upstick cutting half.
Speaker 4: In one month.
Speaker 1: He made them watch their own report and just stood there with the laptop runner his chin, making faces.
Speaker 2: The face on this man. He's like, look right, yeah, and speaking of Musk. For some reason, everybody's wanting to point this, like paint this as like a big Elon uh Donald Trump break up kind of thing, like they're you know, they're done with each other, they're sick of each other. He was stealing the limelock. They're fighting each other for control all this stuff. If you guys want it, or I could just read the headline, it's Musk is saying this is not the end of but it's really the beginning. He's going to continue on as a friend and advisor to the president. It's they're not in a fight. But yes, Elon is, you know, focusing more on his company. But the way that the mainstream media is trying to paint this is inaccurate.
Speaker 1: Well, and you got to have that, but you're right. And you even heard when we were interviewing Scott Jennings, he was saying that he hoped that they would be able to work all this out. And you know, just the fact that you know, Musk was saying rightfully, So I was here to get rid of government waste. The big beautiful bill's got too much government waste still in it. You know, you can't have you can have a beautiful bill, but you can't have a big beautiful bill if you're really trying to cut waste. And I think, you know, they went back in, they took a look at it, and hopefully they listened. But that didn't mean that they busted up. That was his role to do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think in the press conference, which I was able to catch one hundred and thirty two, one hundred and thirty four days was the scheduled time that he would step aside.
Speaker 1: So that's now. And they talked talked.
Speaker 4: About the Big Beautiful deal in the in the Oval office together and they seem pretty cordial, and and and and Trump even said it's gonna take a lot of it's going to take time for some of these changes to be implemented, you know, some of these adjustments to the budget and things being cut over time.
Speaker 1: But see said sometimes it can take up to a year for this.
Speaker 2: And I hope that they're able to podify some of these doze cuts. That would be fantastic, that'd be a huge leap in shrinking the size of our federal grim.
Speaker 1: Really would that would be awesome? Strange encounters, the podcast tells from the camp house, I just don't think we can take anything else on, even though the audience is screaming for it, going to get Larry. We got the speedy, going to get Larry. They want me to do, you know, videos showing some of my handiwork and you know, showing people how to fix things. I just don't know if I have time for that, but thank you that. It feels great to see all of you asking for it. Repair Man Rick, Yeah, I just don't. I don't know. If I don't have to, maybe I could just do it on my iPhone maybe, you know, and put something up, you know, don't having to produce it and edit it and all that. Uh So, I'm gonna head down the Low's day, look around and look around, see what you might need.
Speaker 4: Can y'all ever get out of those big home improvement stores with just what you want it went for? I always get pulled off and get something else to Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I'm the opposite. I'm the opposite. I only walk out with what I went for. No way is anything added I want to get out of there as quick as possible as smart I am in and out. Yeah, of course, now that I've become a little more handy, am I needed a few more tools. Yeah, you might need just get a hammer while you're at it.
Speaker 2: I bought something from a from a store this weekend.
Speaker 1: In fact, would you get what?
Speaker 2: I have had trouble with my lawnmower for a while now, okay, and it's it's doing this thing where it will die after like thirty or forty five minutes. Yes, filter, and I've checked the air filter. It's just I leave it outside. I gotta be honest. I'll leave it outside when I shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Called it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have not taken care of did you day know about this? It lasted me four years and I got it for free.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know, I know. I ever more reason to treat it right.
Speaker 2: Ever more reason to treat it wrong. And I'm not saying that's the right thing to do, but I think that's what I did. I was like, you were free, I'll leave you in the rain. You know that whole thing?
Speaker 1: Is that what you do? Men don't leave their lawn more in the ring, men.
Speaker 2: Don't leave and so I've been thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Let me fix it?
Speaker 2: Can you fix it for is? That's that's the whole point of this conversation. Can you fix the small because I know you do small engine repair of course, repair man, But.
Speaker 1: No, does it you a battery?
Speaker 2: It's no, no, it's it's fuel gasoline. But that's where actually where I'm going. I've crossed. I've crossed the line, and I don't feel good about it. And why did you bought a battery lawnmower?
Speaker 1: Oh? My goodness, electric? How big that? I think that's worse than a battery change.
Speaker 2: No, I'm walking around and it's like like it's like I'm pushing a vacuum around. What what am I doing?
Speaker 1: Why did you do that?
Speaker 2: Well, I've got all the batteries I've got, I already have all the batteries. I've got a bazillion of the green yes, the green brand there, And I do have a pretty big yard.
Speaker 1: You need one of those with go top, So I'm going through a lot of batteries.
Speaker 2: Yes, I need one of those. But y'all, it was the weirdest thing. It was the weirdest thing. I'm like, And I asked my wife about it, I was like, hey, did you notice a difference with the volume of the lawnmower and all that? Because I got mowed the lawn on Saturday, and she goes, I couldn't even I couldn't even hear it inside it all, which I don't know how I feel about that. I kind of want to remind people, like, hey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I work. I'm good work out here. I'm cutting grass, yes, and the neighborhood knows it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's okay. If I have a couple of light beers, you know, I'm combustion is going on out here. I'm breathing fumes. If I'm breathing fumes, you know, it's a trade off.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how that even feels. I mean, I mean, it was odd.
Speaker 2: I got to say, it's that's me mowing the lawn.
Speaker 1: You know what it's like. You know, it's like it's like you've gone back to the old timy ones.
Speaker 4: You can't have a van like you've got and then cut your yard down.
Speaker 1: You might have a sweet van, but you do not have a sweet lawnmer No, it.
Speaker 2: Helps that it's got a gay. It's the same with it's not small. It's the same. It's actually I think an inch longer wider the the blade cut thing, Craig, don't look rough the cut with whatever that's called. It's twenty one inches. It's twenty one inches.
Speaker 1: What happened with those? So so Greg Mike coming back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was actually great. I could smell grass, not like few.
Speaker 1: Well we I did it cut well? Cut? Well?
Speaker 2: It did one battery make it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It has okay, so it runs off Okay, it's just like a drill battery, right, Like the drill battery h eighteen volt and so you put two in there, yeah, and it runs off two at the same time, and then it has a separate thing for the for two extra so you don't even have to go back to the garage to get more batteries. So right there in the yard, I swapped the batteries and got it done with like I guess, three batteries or so.
Speaker 1: The worst battery life I've ever seen are these battery operated leaf blowers.
Speaker 2: I get twenty one minutes on my leaf flower.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. There's nothing you better get it done quick. It's so stupid.
Speaker 4: So well, I got so many questions because I know you and I know how you love your yard and so and you like to cut it and and all that. But let's say you get behind and it gets it's gets grown, it's thick.
Speaker 1: Now they can't take that.
Speaker 2: I don't put an I never put anything.
Speaker 1: I didn't like your parents. He didn't have to wait, you know, weeks for you to get there to cut it.
Speaker 2: No, I will say that the gas thing going to get gas. That's a pain in the in the rear. And I already had be sure you.
Speaker 1: Hate from from handy Rick. Get you mixed right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, you gotta have your ratio right all that. Make sure it's the right oil to gas mixed if it's that, which, if that's what it needs.
Speaker 1: Laws, just gas gas straight up? What you mix? Blower? Small engine? He clearly said small engines.
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of lawnmowers are straight gas.
Speaker 1: How does the neighbors know when you're cutting?
Speaker 4: Because I mean, if I hear a lot more, I got to get up at the window and look around.
Speaker 1: It starts at six in the morning. Yeah, like yeah, Well, also on that note'sting lawnmower. On that note, I'm in this dilemma in my neighborhood. We'll come back and we'll talk about it, because you've really you've you've kind of teed it up. Okay. I don't know what to do. Something keeps happening in my neighborhood, and I've got two things against me to address it, and I don't think I should address it, but it is bothered me, and the fact that it's bothered me, I have to ask myself a hard question, and I want to know if y'all can answer it. Okay, okay, so Adler, you're you're okay with the battery, operate the lawnmore. No matter what text Nation says or how many bad emails you get, you think it works good enough, and it's it's and you're happy with it.
Speaker 2: If so far, I've only mowed my lawn once.
Speaker 1: But you feel bad about it, I would like you feel bad about it.
Speaker 2: I missed the rumble, but I also like not having the rumble.
Speaker 1: Do you get a lot of leaves in the fall? What are you gonna do about all that?
Speaker 2: I only had one earbud in instead of having to have to, and blasted my brain out so that out better.
Speaker 1: So had it?
Speaker 2: It's prob Was I wearing a skirt while doing it?
Speaker 1: Yes? Would you been willing to go all battery like, even though on like weed eater and and chainsaw and all that.
Speaker 2: You already have already I got the I got a battery, polesaw, and weed whacker and blower and edger which, by the way, but of.
Speaker 1: Them, the worst one is to leave.
Speaker 2: All those are attachments. So it's one comedy and those are all attachments.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 2: By the way, I edged, I was edging this weekend, and it looks like a child did it. It looks like a kid came up and was like drawn on the wall. It looks horrible. It's it's harder than they.
Speaker 1: Say from textenation. They're saying, don't let anyone make fun of you for having a battery operating lawn more and if they get too bad, hit them with your purse. Just knock them out. Knock him out.
Speaker 4: Speaking of text my dad reached out, and he doesn't normally text us late now sure, but he said, hey, son, I have been fascinated over the hoe bread that Larry and Carolyn talked about. Oh no, he said, I figured I found out it's made out of corn meal, and it's made thicker than corn bread and cooked in a skillet.
Speaker 1: So you know what that means. Oh yeah, I got talked to Terry about making some hoe bread. Oh yeah, be careful, be careful when you come in throwing that around. Well, I'm just saying that next time, we got to hustle and bring some Hope bread. There's another name that. Remember I chose for the men's event because I wasn't gonna get on the microphone and say, come on me in here. Great, thanks for being ho cakes. You're ready. Uh, the Johnny cakes is also another way to go Johnny vaguely remember Mom when we were kids and she would take corn mill and put it in a pan and fry it. You remember that, these little patties, I do not that's what it is, though I think I think I may have made, but I really believe shed. We'll bring some up next time we come up, which is.
Speaker 2: Oh, look at this this stack of them right here, like stacked up, like consistent chilling.
Speaker 1: That looks delicious. Yeah, it's fantastic. About ten pounds. That's that's where I go to die. Yeah, col bread, like, give me some hoe bread.
Speaker 2: I do better, give me some of them hop You know what they call it?
Speaker 1: That used to be cooked on a hoe. Yes, yeah, Patrick, Yeah, I don't know how you would have done that. I guess you hold it over the fire. Yeah you you let me ask you this. They're usually pretty nasty. Yeah you want to rhythm? Huh? Really? No matter which way you go, that's a truth day, that's true.
Speaker 2: Right, can be dirty?
Speaker 1: Here you go there, Look the got a hoe in the fire. You go, that's a shovel. That's a shovel. That's a hoe. Okay, I know a home when I see you. Yeah, that is that is that's true.
Speaker 4: I mean he's the last time you used the one? I used one just the other day. He's on a trench in the back for irrigation and water flow. Got in there and hold it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, worked out good.
Speaker 2: I can't remember the last time I used it.
Speaker 1: I only used one off. Something needs to be fixed. Kill snakes with it? Oh, here we go. Okay, So I need your help. I don't know what to do here because I'm afraid if I if I take some action. Is this bothered me because I'm getting I'm turning into a cranky old man and I'm worried about this. Okay, Okay, I don't want to become the cranky old man in the neighborhood. Okay, it might be too late, thanks buddy. There is a and I want the kid to have a good time. I remember when I was young. You know, you don't want to get in a way of someone's youngness. Okay. And I don't live in some gaety community or anything like when I have a homeowner association, none of that. Don't want to live in that world. I like, we're all here, we're free range. Okay, so backyard fence, their house across the road. There's a road that runs behind my house where the chickens were at that time. Correct. One of the one of the young mm hmm, has a four wheel drive truck that he's very fond of. He's extremely fond of. And you know people, and you know people that you know, the people that are car people, they're never done with their vehicle constant, they're always they work on it all the time. So and and he's got some kind of muffler thing on it. And it's not just a little bit loud, it's a lot of loud. I mean, everybody in the neighborhood and that thing cranks. We're like, well, there he goes, you know, and I'm like, well, you were committed and he was. And I'm like, and that's that's just him revin in the driveway for whatever reason. Okay, time of day, uh, any it could be any time of day. So these people don't realize it. And so also also, you know that muffle made me mad in Atlanta. Hey listen here. He will also he will also add to it when the day is right, especially about the time you're relaxing by the pool. He will also add with it really loud music. So it's.
Speaker 3: Just like.
Speaker 1: And then and then you're like, you.
Speaker 2: Lost your headphones doing what you were doing.
Speaker 1: You lost your headphones doing.
Speaker 2: What you were just doing.
Speaker 1: I think I needed to do that so I don't become the cranky old man says, turn it off. Yeah, it's we're living together. Yeah we're not.
Speaker 2: All of your four will drive loud truck world.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's a joke though in traffic that I throw out to Terry. Every now and then somebody comes by with something big old Wow. I'm like, imagine living on the street with that person.
Speaker 1: This person is right when they come and go, and he loves his truck, and good for him. All ways, is working on it, always changing tires. Let me fired up. We always fired up. And then we're coming in it's a common and then coming out of the and then and then the loud and and I'm thinking, if I just let the kid have his thing. Man, they're nice people, they're they're they're good neighbors, young age, teenage, and that's trouble. And it's like, uh, it's just it's just so and and some reason it's almost like I think he looks out the window, mister B is going to u late next to the pool and float on the float, you know, and you know, and and he's enjoying it. About the time I get on my float and I'm looking up at the sky and I'm like, so, uh, I mean to the point the birds you were once listening to, they're all they're gone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's like, yeah it was you have a homeowners association?
Speaker 1: No, I just said that early. I don't want to I'm sorry, I don't want to live in that world. I say. I like living in free range, like I said, And it's just but I just I think if I if I have nobody, if if I walk to the fence and say hey, Hey, come on, man, I think I'm a cranky old man at that. You can't tell what they can't crank their what's next? What's next? Hey, don't come get my plums? You know I don't have a yard. I can't be I can't be that guy. I just can't be. Am I Am I bothered by this because this is normal? Am I now becoming a cranky old man? I think you're going. You wouldn't years ago, you wouldn't have noticed like you do now. I don't know, Greg, It sounds like like I said, but it's like before he cranks his truck, a sound crew comes in and puts him a concert outside, and he's always messing with him.
Speaker 4: It always the level, the level of loud is ten, being like it's echoing and you can hear it and.
Speaker 1: It's a ten. See that's yeah, it's it's a you know. But I can't be the cranky old man the police. So so does that Does that bother me because I'm old? Or would it just bob me on if I was a normal age? Am I becoming the cranky old man in the neighborhood?
Speaker 4: There's some of that, but I mean, if it's so loud you can hear it inside.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's got to be some common.
Speaker 4: Sense the people that are on the the giving side that hey, I might be disturbing everybody. It's almost like in Greg you mentioned it earlier. If I've got yard worker, I'm cranking something up, not like Adler who's got a battery. Sure, Howard thing uh, I don't try to cut the yard too early in the morning either, or crank of chainsaw, you know, just out of respect to the nabor.
Speaker 1: Well, I've noticed that lower people don't they have no leaf. Lower people couldn't care less.
Speaker 2: No, but I had a lawnmower for sale, by the way, I've got a lawn mowder for sale that runs is selling it as is.
Speaker 1: But the you just give it away and a bog to cats. But the but but the thing on this is, you know the leaf blower people. You kind of go, we're in a world of leaf blowers. We're all just going to deal with that. The leaf blower people there, they're in their own little leaf blowing world, right. They don't pay attention. They don't care what time it is, they don't care how loud it is. They couldn't care less. But this is one of those things, and that somebody I think gave me the best advice at a text nation. Okay, Rick, you're too hip for this, you know, coach. I mean you're on the Rick Burgers Show. Okay, right. Nobody wants any of us to have the reputation that we're the cranky old man the neighborhood, which we're too hip for that.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, we're cool.
Speaker 1: So what they say is, go go find another neighbor because there's people equally as upset. I'm not upset, but are equally bothered by it. And let one of them be the cranky neighbor. You don't be missus Kravitz. Let someone else do it, are the cranky old man. Find it and there's a rock and hide your hand and then I'll tell the neighbors after that's over. These neighbors, I mean, they're a little over the top. As a kid, were hurting, right, but you better stop. Yeah, I've seen this before them. You fire them up and then back out. Well, Sherry's already shut me down. Sherry shut me down. She said, you cannot be cranky, oh man, and please, but this will a little bit of violation because she claims I'm a rebel rouser. What she goes, Oh, you get people going? And I'm like, do I have that kind of reputation? Do I do that talent? Do I do that? And she said, don't get a whole neighborhood thing going? Is this a violation of that? If I get one cranky neighbor, just one? Now I want I want to get a whole get.
Speaker 4: The cranky neighbor going, and then back out of it, and then and then.
Speaker 1: You're good, You're solid.
Speaker 4: But but talking about it now, do you think is there any chance they listen?
Speaker 1: One? Probably? Maybe this might be taking care of it right now. Well, there's a connection that makes it also awkward that I wasn't aware of to just the other day. Is it going to pull anybody else in? Could so? We we're just enjoying this story, but we pulled in. I'm just the question was It's not about that. The question was becoming a cranky old man? I mean, is that you know who wants a little piece in the neighborhood? Am I that guy? Now? I mean it happens.
Speaker 2: Don't they have like laws.
Speaker 1: This you can't be you can't go the police.
Speaker 4: No, he's battery, lawnmore per ever, never he's got a sign in his yard that slow down.
Speaker 2: I told you guys that in confidence.
Speaker 1: All right, you said, wait a minute, you have well, let me tell you this. I think that you at your house, people are gonna know it was you. How about this? Did you know that? I think I think the crankiest old man we have is the youngest guy. Look he is of kids. It's a family restaurant.
Speaker 2: My kids are very bad at riding bikes, all right, They're terrible at it. They suck okay, all right, whether people when the kids are on the bikes, people blow by on the street. So yes, I put the sign out that says slow children would play.
Speaker 1: Well, don't call them slow children.
Speaker 2: Well it doesn't say that nobody okay, slow down, please drive slowly.
Speaker 1: Oh they're slow children around slow children straight their slow children. They make pretty good grades.
Speaker 2: It's slow Comma children at play? All right? You got that separate statement.
Speaker 1: Children. Here's what I would do. I wouldn't go calm. I go dot dot dot.
Speaker 2: Slow slow exclamation point children at Play'm.
Speaker 1: About watch for children at play? About slow down?
Speaker 2: Now I did put it.
Speaker 1: Deal with me.
Speaker 2: I put a borderline so that you kind of think that maybe my neighbor put it up. Honestly, I put the line close to the property line because I didn't want to look like a huge loser. I didn't want to like front and center by my mailbox, right distance myself from the statement. But I still stand by it.
Speaker 1: But not really, I got you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Now, only do your neighbor probably think you're telling him to sload down?
Speaker 1: No, I think his other one says, tell three people today you love him. No, that's finding gosh, that's good. So yeah, I think I become the guy in the neighborhood that brings awareness to it. But I'm not bothered by Yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, I mean a lot of people are upset with this kid struck and how loud it is. But I mean, I guess I can understand if I was older. Yeah, and then you try to get something going.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, Alabama found him. You have when traveling under thirty five miles per hour? Oh wow, the noise limit is eighty decibels. Get you, get you a decibel meter. In fact, they have apps on phones. Just point your phone at him when he comes back to see if it's over eighty boom, there's a ticket.
Speaker 1: Hey, what are you doing? You think I'm a nark is what I am. I was about to say, you think I'm gonna be karing of the neighborhood. Karen, you're doing that now, No, I'm not. I'm telling. I'm asking y'all might being the cranky old man. I'm bringing awareness to my crankiness.
Speaker 2: Thirty two dash five dash two sixteen for the code.
Speaker 1: I'm standing beside his slow children's sign checking the desk. Somebody said the speedy did speedy have that signed by his house? It was just it was a It was just old your dad and me. We had a great time.
Speaker 2: He was real nice to you.
Speaker 1: You know he did. He did.
Speaker 2: He said you were strong.
Speaker 1: You're the one with a sign that man.
Speaker 2: All right, everything gets back on. I just want people to be drive slower, and since drive slower in neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: You know what I wish I had lived in my neighborhood. He beat the God's son. Yeah, in second second, correct, he accuse the guy stealing his earbus. He'll do anything.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 2: It is not related to relating even the same topic.
Speaker 1: If he'll do that, you ever see something to anybody. You ever see when he gets mad, his hard walk. You know, I yelled at a church letter.
Speaker 2: I yelled in the church parking lot. Were you saying, Greg did?
Speaker 1: It's one of great favorite stories.
Speaker 2: Of all time? I wrote him an apology letter. Let's let it go. My goodness, I don't know that und in Spanish, but yeah I did. I did English and Spanish translation. And I'm not joking.
Speaker 1: OK No, that's not even exaggeration, that's not even do you realize what point you get to? You go, I'm calling him out? Yeah? You still my Greg?
Speaker 2: They disappeared and the next day he had them. I'm stupid. I jumped to conclusions there was a six month wait for these particular pieces. Yes, they were very hard to get. It was right when they came out. I'm like, how did this guy that's running the vacuum cleaner do it? And that was the wrong thing for me to assume. Let's not bring it up anymore.
Speaker 1: Please, Greg, you ever know something?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: Anytime, if we remotely to a story about profiling ADLERG just sent silent who hasn't done that? Right? You really? Maybe he can come over and be the voice, would you mind. Would you come over there in the neighborhood and walk around say wow, that's a little loud for the other neighbors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll do it. You know how they've got decibel apps on these phones now, it's pretty.
Speaker 1: And if you have that through the wrong one, you can rune them a letter and apologize. What do We went to the wrong house and I said, truck.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry you Remember you were friend for hire? Remember that what we could What would the cranky old man for hire higher? And then you bring Adler in and I tell you.
Speaker 1: You get that confounded trunk chiled loud over there.
Speaker 2: I got a decimal app.
Speaker 1: It's too loud. Turn the truck and the music down.
Speaker 2: This isn't erased track.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: I did yet, speaking of being old, I did yell at Ezra. He was We were in the church parking lot and I went, I go stay right there. Luckily it was later we had, you know, lollygagged a little bit after church. I was getting my symbol bag back in the in the in the vedic and I everybody's been here, you guys know the drill. I'm putting my symbol bag back in there. Little man sitting right there by the way. He's so tiny and cute. Golly, but he's lovey, he's lucky, he's cute. And then I turned one second and he's gone. He's gone to the front of the van. And I panicked a little bit, so I ran around the edge of go hey, hey, no sir. And then I look and there's like girls in sun dresses.
Speaker 1: Oh no, like a whole pack of.
Speaker 2: Girls in sundresses. Like look what just happened?
Speaker 1: Said no, sir, did you say that? You know what I would have said, Somebody do something. That man's trying to get that many shop him.
Speaker 2: He's putting a kid in his man all clearly abduction's going on.
Speaker 1: Show. Wait, this guy's anybody's dad. He's got a simple you think he looks like a dad.
Speaker 2: He's got a circular purse. There's a tree age in the pony fail trying to get a child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is probably the one has a loud truck.
Speaker 2: He is the stinkiest stinker of all stinkers. Right now. You look at that kid and he's just looking for mischief. It's like he just discovered what mischief is and he's like this drug he can't enough of it. He's like, give me more mischief.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rick, Here from the Rick Burgers Show. Tomorrow, Greg, Speedy, Adler and I all gather for a brand new show. The vox seats will fill up in another Burgess ball battle tomorrow, plus your phone calls, emails, and the stories of the day, all in a brand new Rick Burgers Show. You just heard the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV.