Speaker 1: To Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and Cambridge Edge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of to Tea's and a Pod with myself, Teddy Mellencamp and Hey, I'm so Apparently Jim Bellino thought he would clear things up by going on Kelly Dodd and her husband Rick Levinthal's Patreon, which I'm a little bit confused by this because I had thought that Kelly Dodd said she wasn't ever going to recap Orange County anymore because it was so terrible? Am I Am I wrong on that statement? No, right, that happened, But yet here we are. Jim Bellino went on their show. He's shared his thoughts on his ex wife Alexis and on Jensen's relationship. He said, I'm devastated, can you tell? He joked after being asked about Alexis and John, and he said, honestly, I check in with my children. I'm a good dad. What I really care about is how the person that Alexis is with affects my children. I hear nothing but good things. He's what a gentleman? Well that's what I'm what a gentleman? Because if there was ever a time to take a swing. That was it, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this guy's so far a class at Good for you because what he said, you know, what I care about is what you know how he is with my kids. That's great, and you do want your exes to move on, I mean.
Speaker 2: But also he does have a little bit of a problem. He does have a little bit of skin in the game because he originally allegedly I don't know the exact amounts, but sued Shannon and Tamra for going on a Heather McDonald live show and for disparaging comments or whatever it may be. So clearly he has a lot to gain with showing that Alexis is doing the right thing once again and blah blah blah, or you just do it. I mean. But also, how can you say that somebody's an opportunist or not when you're going on a podcast, you're no longer having a platform and you're willing to share. Are you talking about him? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, look, if you don't want to be in it, then you stop talking about it. The longer you talk about it, the more life you give it. I think that's true with anything, and certainly in the housewives world. So anybody that wants to be on the show certainly is welcoming that attention and welcoming that conversation to persist.
Speaker 2: When Jim was then asked if he'd be happy when Alexis and John Webb because it would mean he would no longer have to pay her alimony, Jim seemingly denied that was the case. That's actually something I can't comment on regarding the alimony because that's an up in the air subject whether alimony would stop or not. Isn't that like in.
Speaker 3: Law don't know, never got any so that lawsuits instead and a whole lot of other shit, wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: I do think in most I feel like I could probably go into my prenup. I think that once you're married, alimony stops.
Speaker 3: In most cases, yes, you become the other guy's problem with the other guy's expense.
Speaker 2: Child support, however, does not stop until the age of eighteen or twenty one, if they're going to call it that's right or right? Okay, I mean not that I not that I've researched brushed up on any honey, But yeah, no, I am quite aware.
Speaker 3: Knowledge is power.
Speaker 2: Knowledge is power. So we are on season eighteen, episode ten, the girls get ready for dinner. Emily tells Alexis the videos came up that the situation is getting dirty and mean. Yeah, Alexis says it's hard on her too, and everyone is taking pity on Shannon. Alexis decides not to join everyone at dinner. Did Alexis, in your opinion, make the right decision to stay in her room?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think that there's no winning with Alexis going to dinner. Let Shinnon have a moment of peace, and you know, the story'll still be there. It's not like it's going anywhere, So that's that doesn't bother me.
Speaker 2: But my favorite part was when Alexis says this. I assumed Emily would have like been like, come on, let's go.
Speaker 3: She said okay, which I kind of appreciated because I wish that that would happen somewhere with me, Like yeah, girl, go ahead, you got it fine.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Well, it's also like when people run out and everybody runs after them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and then they have the booms and people.
Speaker 3: Are so yeah, you know the women on the show. I'm like, just that broad run off, like can we sit here and have a cocktail?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I feel like Alexis wanted Emily to be like, no, please.
Speaker 3: Well didn't happen, so you got to You got the night off in your room for twelve hours, like she told us.
Speaker 2: But I feel like she might have the rest of the season off until the end because we don't see her on the trip. I don't know this for a fact. What trip are you talking about there, Alexis.
Speaker 3: Well, but it's Shannon's trip and she said you're not coming right. Well that's fair, I mean why should she look? If I were Shannon, I wouldn't bite Alexis either. There's no no good is going to come out of it. What are we going to go to London and fight for? However many you know those trips like seventy two hours and with no food, bad food, liquor, and no sleep. So I think that Shinna did the right thing.
Speaker 2: But what are your thoughts on Granted, Alexis is not a housewife, she's a friend of but.
Speaker 3: I put in a lot of work for somebody who's not a housewife.
Speaker 2: But I have kind I mean, I've done the map, like showing up you're kind of You're still making decent money if you show up consistently yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Do you.
Speaker 2: I guess My question is Alexis has put herself out there in this situation. She's now gone this far and then it's going to stop. Yes, was it worth it?
Speaker 3: That's only only Alexis can answer that question. She has to do what's right for her. This is what you know when people say, well I wouldn't have done it, Well, good for you. You're not Alexis, You're not Shannon, You're not in these situations. I mean, each person has to decide what's worth it to them.
Speaker 2: What does she want?
Speaker 3: I guess, and we won't. I mean, we're not asking her, so we don't know. But if she wanted to come on, and you know, I don't know what her goal was.
Speaker 2: But what is your thoughts on a housewife refusing to film with somebody else?
Speaker 3: That's not okay, because it's like when Lisa Vanda pump up and left the show in the middle of the year. Yeah, there were a lot of times I didn't want to film. I didn't want to answer a lot of questions, which you know, put me in a terrible place legally, and still do by the way, But I did it, and I honored my contract or. I should have packed my shit and gone home and said, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, I have to bow out. Yeah, I'm done.
Speaker 3: I'm done. Not because I can't take it, but because I can't take it, you know. Yeah, I don't think that's okay. You can't refuse that. That's not a it's not a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that's probably I think I wonder if that was something that happened in previous years. I mean, I'll never work with her. I mean, I think at some point there has been some housewives that have been able to push through and get people pushed out. It's like what's happening on New Jersey this year, where I think they're hoping that they're going to push Teresa out. And I just I personally, whether I think Teresa and Louis are great or not, I personally think pushing her out will be a mistake for the show.
Speaker 3: I don't know enough about it to comment. I do know this, Teresa brings a lot of eyeball. That whole cast works very hard. Teresa, Margaret, Melissa, you know, they've all been very friendly to me. Dolores, I mean.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's just I don't I have that is.
Speaker 2: Above my pay grade, and she's She's like, not what we're talking about, getting back to Ocie.
Speaker 3: Getting back to this.
Speaker 2: Then the women sit down for dinner. Heather reads a text from Alexis saying she doesn't understand why Gina brought up the videos when they aren't getting released. Shannon says Alexis and John are strategizing and that she and John used to do the same thing before filming.
Speaker 3: Very telling, very telling. John and I used to do the same thing before filming, so he does like.
Speaker 2: It if you're if you're significant.
Speaker 3: Strategize, be honest. There was a moment I didn't even know the name of the show I was on. I'm just gonna say, and truth was he didn't even know my name sometimes, But that's another conversation. But Tom never helped me other than to say, you be yourself, Erica and just really sort of, you know, listen and try to do what you feel is right.
Speaker 2: Our strategy was only because our first time filming a date. Yeah, if they would have aired, it would have ended us because because Edwin is like one of those people and you know him now at this point where he just says dumb shit. So our first conversation was something about are you going to have another baby? They like they they were you know, this was way before Dove, way before I thought i'd have another kid. And they they're like, you guys should talk about you know, like how they do like talk about the things. And you're that you've been.
Speaker 3: Talking about You've been talking about things that you've been thinking about, okay.
Speaker 2: And so they're like, you should talk about if you want to have another baby, and so we start talking about it, and Edwin says the quote, then you're gonna get big again? Are you okay with that?
Speaker 3: They let me ask you in them truthfully.
Speaker 2: I honestly wanted to die in that moment. Well you know that. Listen.
Speaker 3: They they didn't show some things of Tom the way he spoke down to me because it would have killed.
Speaker 2: I mean killed him, it would had they shown that. And then had we had car cams on the way home. Oh did you let him have it? I mean I sat that I took it in the moment. But this is this is where it's real life, but it's not real life. It's like imagine being on a double date and your husband saying some shit like that, but you kind of suck it up. I did it for years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just you smile and you're like off your shoulders because it doesn't do anything for you in the moment, and you're also on camera. Yeah, you guys, suck that shit up.
Speaker 2: So I like sucked it up. And I was like, oh my gosh, you're so silly, blah blah blah. And then we got in the fucking car and I was like, I am disgusted that you said that. I'm furious that you said that. You embarrass me, you hurt me, you know, my past issues, like all of these things. And I was like, but that is a real life conversation that some dumbass men will.
Speaker 3: Say more than I think you're willing to admit, you know, like there are a lot of men that think that say it, and then there are more that I think it and don't say it. Like, let's be honest, this is what people do. But there's something Now, how do you feel about it now?
Speaker 2: I mean, if we were in that same situation today in the moment, I would have been like, go fuck yourself nice, Like, you can't say that to me. It hurts my feeling and.
Speaker 3: It takes me back to a really bad.
Speaker 2: It takes me back to a really bad place. But I remember feeling that, that feeling of wanting to.
Speaker 3: Protect him always, and women do this, and we do it on the show and we do it in real.
Speaker 2: Life, and it's not made up. It's not because I wanted to give him a good edit.
Speaker 3: It's natural.
Speaker 2: It comes out. Yeah, And you want to protect yourself. You want people to look at you and go, oh, my gosh, your marriage is so good.
Speaker 3: Well, I never looked at it. Wanted people to think. I always got criticism for my marriage number one, because I was so much younger and he was older, and I was broke and he was rich and whatever. But I never wanted them to think it was perfect, because it was not perfect from the outside, just on its face. But I did want people to understand that we.
Speaker 2: Always loved there.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we really did love each other, and I really did love this man. So I know exactly what you're saying. There's just that weird, weird pivot back and forth. And I don't think that people you have a lot of courage to admit that he said that now, I mean that you know something that could have lived in the shadows for forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we talk about it still. So, yes, there were moments did we stress. But the strategy was after the fact. It was you have to think about what.
Speaker 3: You're saying before you say it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because yes, that hurt me and I'll remember it forever, but imagine the amount of other women that's gonna hurt when it plays out.
Speaker 3: I remember talking, you know, come to think of it, I remember talking so Erica, I'm talking like shut up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I just was like, okay, here we go, you know, and you just you sucked it down. Oh yes, and you kept on going. It just a fuck because if I show any reaction.
Speaker 2: Right now, it may get more airtime.
Speaker 3: It gets more airtime. Someone will seize upon that moment, someone sees cracks in the foundation and they go for it. Yeah, so you have to, you know, unless you're just like, fuck this shit, I've had enough of you. Yeah, probably what I should have done did not, But I don't take anything I do.
Speaker 2: But I think what alexis is doing. I mean, she's also what less than a year into her relationship.
Speaker 3: With which is all this fantasy land. It still feels good. This is what I want to say, And I don't know these people, but I do know something about human nature. It's only a matter of time before he does to Alexis what he did to Shannon, even under the best of circumstances. And it may not be this year, it may not be in three years, and it may take five ten you but it will be done because people are who they are, right, cheaters, it doesn't matter. Maybe you didn't cheat today, but you will do it again.
Speaker 2: But if you're capable of cheating.
Speaker 3: You will do it again when given the opportunity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you may, you know, you may do work on yourself, and you may put yourself in situations to set up boundaries so that it happens less.
Speaker 3: But at the end of the day, it's still running around your head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at the end of the day, you're thinking about it. And if you're thinking about it, it's only a matter of time. Yeah, But they the women said for dinner, Shannon tells the women she doesn't want to talk about John the entire dinner, but then she proceeds to tell the women John refused her offer. In my opinion this week, I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to talk about it, but yeah, like I get it, you know, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 2: She wanted to get her a point across. But this wasn't I gotta be honest, it wasn't Shannon's best episode. She seemed a little.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was her worst from what I've seen this year. I'm not her worst ever.
Speaker 2: But her worst this season. I think I think she seemed the most out of it.
Speaker 3: Well, here's what I want to say. I just I would prefer not to see her drinking while she's in such a terrible time. I think that that's counterproductive. So when I see her order a cocktail, I'm like, God, don't do that, you know, just but I mean, you're in a bad PA.
Speaker 2: But you've done it too. I've done it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, girl, I was trying to die. I was trying to hurt myself. I was really trying to not wake up and not hear it anymore. You know, I was tired, so I didn't care. I don't know what she's feeling, but that's true. I wanted it to stop, all of it.
Speaker 2: So so you you consciously knew I'm numbing myself.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolute, I made choices to numb myself, bad choices. But this is and I know this, and that's why I continue to stay in therapy. And why I got so upset when the verdict was read last week was because look guilty or not, I slid back into a place where I thought, oh shit, it's happening again, Like I feel weird again. I feel like I can't get out of bed again. And I had to call my therapist and be like, what is happening to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, but that's but where you No, I think this is an interesting topic because we I throw my life away, Yeah you you. I was done with the whole thing, but you weren't saying I'm good right now? Oh no, no, no, And I think I think there's a very different situation you're going. Yeah, I'm in a fucked up situation right now. I'm not well.
Speaker 3: I'm drinking to to make it stop, Yeah, to numb myself, which is all the wrong things to do. I did all the wrong things in front of everybody.
Speaker 2: And I can say, for all the years that I ever filmed the show with you, you barely ever drink.
Speaker 3: And guess what, now that I'm healthy and now that I feel good, who's barely drinking? Yeah barely? Yeah, So to see that out of me. Everybody was like this year.
Speaker 2: It was a different person than I've ever seen, a different person. But Alexis spends the entire Big Bear trip threatening the videos. But then she also now we're in Sonoma, and she's like, how could she bring up the videos? Well, you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't have it both ways. We're either gonna stand beside showing the videos or we're not. We can't play the good guy. All of a sudden, I wonder what that is. Did they strategize to be nicer?
Speaker 2: But also what's on the fucking videos?
Speaker 3: Well, you tell me what you thought was in the videos?
Speaker 2: I know, but like at this point, we can't talk, just like we can't talk about Gina and Katie anymore. In my opinion, I'm done. I actually were tired. I'm tired. You're tired.
Speaker 3: I can tell she's tired of the show.
Speaker 2: Like, what was it that they said on New York like my pant or was it Dallas.
Speaker 3: My lovely Leanne Lockin, You're a legend?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like my panty liner is tired of the storyline between Gina and Katie.
Speaker 3: Panty liner who wears a panty.
Speaker 2: She's a fucking legend. But the women are splitting up, of course. So just to give you guys backstory, that's a thing. There's always a split up like which and you're not in charge of it. No, you don't get to pick your group.
Speaker 3: I wish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, you're told. And then that's why you have one awkward housewife describing what you're gonna do, Like you're like, hey, guys, we're gonna go to like the smoke get making. Yeah, well that what they did, and they you know, they wanted themselves dead while they were biscuit making because they're hungover. We had seen Tamra stick her finger and Emily's buttthole.
Speaker 3: Which is kind of wild. I don't know that I would be repeating that.
Speaker 2: That's kind of that.
Speaker 3: I like Tamra, I like Emily. That's a bridge too far from me. You're never sticking your finger in my ass and vice versa.
Speaker 2: Listen, I like you a lot, but I'm not. I don't need to see your are I love you?
Speaker 3: I love you, but like from a distance, Yeah, the world.
Speaker 2: Seems to Yes, she's the singer. I'm not. But uh so there's Emily, Tamra and Gina and Alexis go biscuit making where they all wear the fucking chef hats, which I also don't love when everybody has to have a prop and then Jen, Katie and Heather go to it. They're calling it a sound bath, but.
Speaker 3: I didn't see one. I saw a nice lady. The resort looked beautiful, though it did look like to have gone there actually lies.
Speaker 2: You do not want to be in one of those little cabins.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, lady, I was with you in way worse. Okay, so you'd be quiet. Okay, this one selective memory.
Speaker 2: At pretend it took me. Hold on, let's pull it way back and let's replay that staircase episode. Okay, I get it.
Speaker 3: No I did in the moment I did in the moment, no I had. I had forgotten it. And then it was like, oh, well, you know.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: That's the great part about shooting a season is you say a lot of things, you forget something small, and then yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 2: But then Shannon isn't feeling well from the stress, but she eventually joins the soundbath, but cannot stop coughing. The thing annoying. The thing about the coughing, though, is remember I filmed. I would assume a week prior the Trader's episode and Shannon had that hacking cough. Then I'm like, is this a bronchial thing? Are you allergic to something?
Speaker 3: And a Z pack?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you may need a p you may need to up it from a Z pack to a Marxist cyllin.
Speaker 3: Or yeah, a meta metal pack. Yes, Auntie mflams. You know the thing is that to imagine the stress that she is under and it's cold, it's raining, you know you get tired under those conditions.
Speaker 2: But did you ever sleep till twelve thirty in the afternoon?
Speaker 3: No, I think that I woke up hungover in France Provence.
Speaker 2: But that was my That's my question. Do you think that day she woke up? Do you think she was hungover? Do you think she was stressed like they couldn't get her out to film? Well, we don't know.
Speaker 3: I let me not speculate.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We'd hate to speculate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not cool, but if.
Speaker 2: We were an investigative.
Speaker 3: But I know that there were times that I I'll speak for myself. When I was going through what I was going through, I was heavily medicated. So I still got out of bed at the right time, but not without a fight. You know, that was a struggle.
Speaker 2: And I just want to be clear. It's not that nobody is going to come in and wake you up.
Speaker 3: No, you have to get up on your own. Yeah, that you have a commitment to wake up and to show up at the right time, and then if you don't show up, that's right, that's on you. That's on you, and then that's on you. And I'm not And I'm also not going to go run after someone if they didn't.
Speaker 2: Like we're ald adults, but I mean there were times where we were told, like, you have ten minutes get down to breakfast, and you do have ten minutes, and you have ten minutes and it's your job, and if you're unable to do your job, I do think there's room for concern.
Speaker 3: Yes, for sure, like if you're I mean again, we weren't there, so let's not jump to conclusions.
Speaker 2: But if when we got to moments where Denise, oh my god, you know god, we got to moments where Denise, yeah, welcome to life with me. We got to moments where Denise wouldn't show up to things, that was so frustrating, and she would demand a hotel room even though we're all filming in la and we're doing whatever.
Speaker 3: And at the Waldorf, at the fucking Waldorf, and they paid for it.
Speaker 2: Do cut that out? Yeah, Like they put her in a hotel to show up to the finale, and then she never showed up to the finale. That's like to me, those are irritating things. And it's also signed of a problem in your life. If you commit to something and you can't show up, you got to show up.
Speaker 3: But I do think that Shannon has real problems here. I don't think that she's making it up.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think she's making it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know you don't, but but you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's but also do you think, Okay, let's say I had a drinking or a pill or whatever problem. Would you be mad at me if I I I if it was years and years or would you try to help me? Like, would you be going and getting me up to go?
Speaker 3: You've touched on something years and years, So at first, if you were going through a very stressful time, I'd be like, you know what, let's leave her be now. Then after a while it becomes a problem. No, I'm not going to get you. No, I'm not checking on you. We're all adults and you have to handle that yourself. And if you can't, you need to speak out and you know, maybe have somebody. You have to make the right choices to succeed here, because shit's bad, life's bad, You're under a lot of stress. You can't continuously make bad decisions and expect a good result. That's what I'm getting at. It's not being judgmental. It's just that, hey, if you continue this behavior, you know, nothing good comes from it. And if we really want to get out of this place and not feel this way, we can't have drinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, that's not our best thing to do.
Speaker 3: It's not the best decision. It's actually the complete opposite for winning, you know.
Speaker 2: Alexis then tells the woman she's willing to move forward and find a way to coexist with Shannon, which I thought was nice. I thought that this was Alexis's best episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which I thought is you know. I mean, oh my god, I'm such an ass to do strategize.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ah, the conversations in my head are lovely. Yeah, I'm hoping that was from the heart. You know that that comes from thoughtful like you know, I'm hoping.
Speaker 2: So And then Tamra says it kills her to watch Shannon order drinks. Gina tells Tarma she can't set the boundaries for everyone else.
Speaker 3: But she can't be annoyed. Yes, she can't express Look, no, you can't set the boundaries for anybody else. At the end of the day, people are going to do what they want to do. But it doesn't mean that you can't say, hey, like you just said about our other friend, that can't fuck everybody else up, you know, right?
Speaker 2: And I mean, Alexis, I hate to break it to you, but I I don't think that you're the one setting the boundaries at this point. No, like you're You're just you're playing along with whatever is going to happen with Shannon at this current time.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 2: Then Katie tells Heather that everything that happened was a setup. Heather says that will first year setup for We love it. We love you first your setup, we love to do it.
Speaker 3: We all have friendship going really thriving.
Speaker 2: Heather says they're going backwards now and she doesn't want to go there is there a different way Katie should be playing this.
Speaker 3: I take full responsibility for my part in what I did. Heather, I'm very sorry.
Speaker 2: Leave it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't bring it up with anybody else. If you want to cuss out Gene on the side, that's fine, But don't say the devil made me do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I may have said that from time to time.
Speaker 3: I may take this as a growth moment.
Speaker 2: We're growing here. We grow here on the growth mind. We're actually a motivational podcast. Now we've switched over. But in golf terms, Katie took a whiff at this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just just just say I take responsibility for, you know, my bad behavior, and move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Then the women arrive at the family Equality event, which was nice. It was nice. Emily and Alexis are wearing the same dress, which upsets Emily. The designer puts Emily and she says in quotes oversized jacket and yeah, and Emily is the one who had to bring her own genes, which makes Emily feel not great. I'm gonna pass this to you from somebody who has dealt with an eating disorder and also having body dysmorphia. I think it's very hard because people will say comments like, oh, she said she's insecure about her arms, but then she's wearing a tank top and all of her confessionals, or she's her whole storyline is how she's being fit, but now she's feeling insecure. I think that we can't control how we feel in our own bodies. And there are times in my life where my it doesn't matter like the number on the scale. Truthfully, but if I'm in a good place in my life and I'm feeling confident and good, I can feel really sexy, I can feel really attractive, i can feel really proud of how I'm doing. And then there are times when I'm not doing well. I may be the skinniest I've ever heard, but I will see myself in a very ugly way. But also, I think a part that's not being discussed, in which we're all judging is comparison kills all joy. Yes, and so if you're sitting there, and we have to also remember Emily's significantly taller than the majority of the girls. When you're put in clothing and you're and you're you know, you're not forced, but you're asked to do a situation where you show yourself off in a different way.
Speaker 3: I say no, that's the thing. You're not forced, but you can't say no. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't think that we can, regardless of how Emily the same way that you will say, how many fucks do I give?
Speaker 3: Zero?
Speaker 2: None, not one, Emily will say the same thing when it comes to her physical self, but clearly she's showing now that she does. Well. You're look.
Speaker 3: No one is one hundred percent all the time, confident, comfortable in their own skin, and nothing everything just bounces off them. I think that that's misleading. Yeah, human beings, we are allowed to feel good, bad, mixed, confused, angry, sad. So I understand what you said. One day I may be feeling awesome, and the next day, even though I may be the same weight or whatever, I feel disgusting. Maybe not disgusting, just I don't feel confident. And I have this too sometimes, like in costume on stage, you know, I look at it. I was really thin for better at all, and blonde on purpose because I knew that we were making a doc and I wanted it to look a certain way. So I really scaled down and I'm glad. I did, because now when I look at it, I'm like, ah, I like the way I look, But that doesn't mean that I liked the way my face looked. Yeah, because I looked haggard when I saw you, you know, in Vegas. I just looked tired and run down. That being said, look, is there too much emphasis on us as women and our appearance? Yes, but are we on a television show that's about lifestyle and appearance.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah. And it's okay to feel good, and it's okay to feel.
Speaker 2: Bad, And I think that it's okay to say, like, from one season to another, it's okay to say, like, yeah, I'm a fuck it, I'm gonna go in the sauna and eat it. Because there was one point where like, she goes in the sauna and sheats like a subway sandwich and everybody's like laughing at her, and she's like, I fucking own it. I wanted this sandwich. To then go into the next season and be in a different part of your life and you've changed so many parts of it, and then all of a sudden you see changes, and then they're not quite the changes. Other people aren't seeing the changes that you may be seeing. And so then they say a word like oversized or I mean, I know, even for me, if I go for a photoshoot and I mean, I'm a million years past where I was. But if I go for a photo shoot and I'm a small like in general.
Speaker 3: She's a small person and she's really tiny.
Speaker 2: I am a small human in general. But I went in for a photo shoot recently and I didn't fit in scale size. I was too big, like my ribcage was too big and they had to pin me.
Speaker 3: Did that make you feel a certain way?
Speaker 2: And it made, to be honest, Tamra did. Oh, And there was a moment. I wasn't mad at Tamra. I wasn't mad at myself, but there was a moment of like, I'm embarrassed that, like we both sent our sizes and they were the same, and yet I don't fit in the dress that they sent for me. Sure, and Tamra does I see. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: I get it, I really do.
Speaker 2: And it's not that I don't like myself or I hate myself, but I.
Speaker 3: Think it's like a reminder of a wound that's there. Yeah, you know, it's like just like poking a little sensitive spot and I get that, and that that that still hurts. And the thing is that you you know it, acknowledge it, and how did you overcome it?
Speaker 2: No? I just said to them, I said, hey, guys, I'm fine to wear this dress, but yeah, can I don't want to just leave it open. I'd prefer if we could get hooks and pin it so it's tighter against me. It gives you yeah, and and and then I just pretty much had to like have a conversation with myself, like Taddy this and I know this is going to sound crazy to you guys, but like you have a wide ribcage, you have broader shoulders. This is who you are.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, you're so tiny compared to me.
Speaker 2: No, but like you see what I was saying, like whatever it may be, like it, I had to like give myself that peptic to.
Speaker 3: Give yourself some grace. You know, we all need to like stop beating up on ourselves a little bit, like it's not your fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But but do you think that Heather knew that Emily was feeling that way because she kept asking if she okay?
Speaker 3: I think the better question is is at what point did Heather think Emily was not okay, I think that's the better question. Like, did Heather think about it going into the fashion show? I don't know when did she start? Did she hear it from someone else? Like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It seemed like because she seemed very observant of Emily's mental state around that. But if you're that aware of it leading into it, you probably would have planned accordingly. I would have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't know, Like, I don't know. I was going to ask you that, do you think Heather had a discussion with Emily free fashion show?
Speaker 2: Hey? What do you?
Speaker 3: But then that's awkward too, Hey what are you comfortable with?
Speaker 2: Like? Do you you know? You want to make everybody feel comfortable? You want to make everybody feel.
Speaker 3: Like And I'm not saying that Heather did not do that. Let's not don't jump to conclusions.
Speaker 2: I just don't. We don't know. But then we hear Emily saying I'm the only one wearing jeans. That being said, Emily, I thought you looked freaking stunning walking down that runway.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought she did a great job, So.
Speaker 2: You owned it. I think you're sexy, I think you're beautiful. I think that you've worked really hard, and you deserve to give yourself your flowers like you. Yeah, you should feel great, but I also understand those moments when even when you should feel great, that you don't.
Speaker 3: That's yes, that's universal.
Speaker 2: Then Heather tells Tama that she didn't let Katie talk, and Tamra says Katie was set up and hung to dry. Tamra says Gina is behind all of this. She says Gina told Katie that she was probably right about the paparazzi, but she can't go there with Heather because Gina has to keep Heather closed for real estate connected. I love it so much.
Speaker 3: Yes, Now, then it gets into a little we get into a little word situation here later A word salad, A word salad. I didn't say that. I said this. Here's the problem. It may not be the exact verbiage. If I'm using that correctly, what was the meaning the same? Like, I don't know this is But do you think.
Speaker 2: That Katie may have been fibbing by backtracking, because later in the episode, Katie backtracks on what she said to Tamra.
Speaker 3: I think Katie is experiencing first season putting your foot in it. That's what I think is happening. I really do.
Speaker 2: I like Tina in general, but I don't need to see this much of her storyline. You mean the what is it like specifically? Is bothering you? It's bothering me that I feel like we're seeing a lot of Gina and not a lot of everybody else.
Speaker 3: Like would you like to see more of pretty much anyone?
Speaker 2: Oh, because we're hearing a lot about.
Speaker 3: Travis, which I still don't quite understand because they're not seeing Travis, but I don't understand why he's why they split? What am I missing?
Speaker 2: Financial? So they have eighty two kids and they lived in a three bedroom.
Speaker 3: So he took himself and his children and moved somewhere else.
Speaker 2: She wanted to buy a bigger she wanted them to have more space. Okay, he couldn't afford to do that, so she bought herself a place in the same community that he has a place with his kids. So now they're like communal, living back and forth between each other's place.
Speaker 3: I so they didn't put the money together to get the bigger place.
Speaker 2: And no because potentially issues with an ex wife of his or Okay, it's really unclear. My guess is she's not that.
Speaker 3: Into him, and it feels like she's very much focused on her career and her future, which is great and it's great. I'm just telling you that's how right.
Speaker 2: But feel in that moment you can kind of get to a place of some if that person that you're with doesn't seem like they're as focused on their growth and their career and financial to me, sometimes it can be unattractive. I agree, I agree, But then all of a sudden, when you pull away from it, then you feel alone.
Speaker 3: And you can't have it both ways either, it's not like it's you can't be like a little bit pregnant either are or not? You know, like, but it's true. I mean, what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: We're all adults, yeah, and so I but I have to say I'm a little bit over the Katie Katie situation of it all. But then, but what would we do if we didn't have it right? We? I mean, we.
Speaker 3: Need people to make mistakes so we can talk about it. Well, add knows, I've made my verysure well other things and y'all have talked about it, so fuck you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, I will talk about it in probably six weeks from now. Can't wait. But if you cannot name Tamar in this, if you had to pick a best friend from Mosci, who would have Heather? Have me over to the Balbo Bay close over here.
Speaker 3: To the fucking VH shit. Y'all got room. I'm gonna hit all of you hoes up here. We got Kyle dub you. I was going to do a whole tour her over there. Just drive my ass back on home. You know, well, I live in a cute neighborhood, but I'm not flossing like the rest of the ladies.
Speaker 2: Well you fla, you lost us for a lot of I did real good for a long time. Then Tamar tells Katie she told Heather, and Heather responded that Gina will never get business from her, and Katie says Gina is going to hate her forever. Then Alexis tells Heather that Emily asked her to talk to Shannon tonight. Heather says, this event might be the right moment since it's about love. I know, I guess it's like the homeless not toothless. For the record, at a group event, there's never a right time.
Speaker 3: No, But that's also what makes it so great is that there's never right time, which is why it's the right time to do these things, because you get the best reactions and the most awkward of places.
Speaker 2: Some of my some of my favorite moments of this night, which is I feel like we may see Heather tipsy for the first time, which is fun. Which she's like, I need my readers and I'm not having this conversation tonight. And then there was a moment where I think it's prior to Alexis going up to Shannon to try to have that conversation. Does she say I think you look cute? Then Shannon completely ignores her.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a long night.
Speaker 2: But you know when you like, I'm that person that's like at the grocery store and like, well awkwardly wave if I think I see somebody I know, and then if they don't see it, I'm like, do you really? Oh yeah, I don't even bother way No, I mean.
Speaker 3: That's such a weirdo. I'm like, is that who I think it is?
Speaker 2: And you know, but like it it was pretty I mean it was pretty telling. Alexis got a talking to. She's like, they're like, if you want to keep filming, you're gonna you're nice. You're gonna be nice, and you're going to clear this shit up with Shannon.
Speaker 3: But I think, look, it is the right thing to do. Clean it up with Shannon as much as possible, and also, like, you know, we're on episode ten and let's.
Speaker 2: Move along, right. But then Emily tells Shannon for the sake of the group, they should have a conversation. Shannon says no, right, and then Shannon tells Alexis she's not interested in talking. I did appreciate that when Shannon said no, Alexis didn't chase her.
Speaker 3: I know that sounds crazy below, it's actually adult. It's actually the right thing to do, which is no, Okay, she tried, and you know, look, there's never a right time to have these really weird conversations.
Speaker 2: Is it's not.
Speaker 3: But I do appreciate the fact that she didn't chase after her. She didn't make a big deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Then the women go bike riding to one last vineyard, Gina.
Speaker 3: Toushian River, by the way, have you been there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: But it looks pretty.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Okay, let's do a pod from there. Can we get in your rvy though the RV's sold. I know did you get a bigger one?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, let's get on your private plane and.
Speaker 2: Let's do you know, let's go to Jez Sweet Axe and see if we can find a vander Pumper rules plane.
Speaker 3: Since they seem to stalk you.
Speaker 2: Then Gina tells Katie she's upset that she's circling back on the situation. Katie says she's heard she's calling her a liar. Gina says, she brought Katie into this group, and she or, I'll check her out, nodding, but also bringing people into the group really posses me off. What do you mean by that? Because nobody brings anybody into the fucking group? Like, did Eileen really bring you into the group? No? It was Belande, Fine.
Speaker 3: Did you let's say she really did?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Did Yolanda really bring you under the group? Really did?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: She did?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You don't know the story?
Speaker 2: No, how I was out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll tell you, yes, tell it, Okay, I'm confused. Tom and I went to visit David and Yolanda at their house in Malibu, and Yolanda was sick and she was We were talking and then she looked at me and she said, have you ever thought of being on Your Housewives of Beverly Hills, and I said no, and she pulled out her phone and she said, I think you'd be great. Let me text my boss, which became our boss, Alex Baskin, which we love who we love, Hey Alex, And she set up a phone call and I remember Alex saying, this can either be five minutes or the rest of you know, however many years, and it ended up being nine years now, So yeah, she really did. But I will say this, you know, Lisa Renna knew everybody she brought. I mean, if you wanted Lisa Reynold is like the Lisa Rennet is like the portal.
Speaker 2: But no real. But I think knowing somebody and giving their name, like there's been a million people like.
Speaker 3: Well you refer people.
Speaker 2: Even still to this day, I'm not even on the show, and I still still get text message just like, hey Teddy, is there anyone that you think that would be good?
Speaker 3: And I say yes, and they asked me, and then then I said I don't have friends, so they stopped asking me.
Speaker 2: They've all been fired.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't have friends, so and nobody asked me for any recommendations on anything, and I'm okay with that, but I.
Speaker 2: Still send them. But I wasn't brought in in that same way. So are you brought in by I was brought in because I was on another reality television show, but I don't know this. Oh yeah, this is the backstory. It was on e produced by the same company that does the Kardashians, and it was very It never aired. I did the pilot and it was like one of those situations where I was like, this is the worst thing that I've ever done in my entire life. And so I called my old boss at CAA that I was his assistant, and I said, I signed a contract to do a show. I'm so scared it's going to get picked up. Please help me. I did this all this shit on my own. And he's like, no problem, I'm going to site you up with my junior who's now like the head of talent or whatever, but it's still my agent. And I said, please get me out of this. I can't, I can't, like my I'll die.
Speaker 3: I never had these conversations and always like get me in now.
Speaker 2: This was really a doozy of a sage. And so then at that point my eighth the lady that had taken over getting me out of that contract said would you ever do Real Housewives? And at that point, I truthfully had never watched.
Speaker 3: I had not either. People do not believe you when you say I knew who the players were, but I had never walked.
Speaker 2: No, like The Bachelor, those types of shows were the shows that I watched.
Speaker 3: I really I remember the Real World in eighty nine and that was I was.
Speaker 2: The Real World road Rules Challenge.
Speaker 3: But I remember the original cast.
Speaker 2: But I I was like, well, I guess I probably would. And she goes, would you rather do OC or Beverly Hills because you have a house with places? And I said, what do you recommend? And she said Beverly Hills is essentially, for lack of a better words, class here I cannot. That is brilliant. That was how my first self cleaning started. Well and here you yep, But either way, so I wasn't really brought in and then and that's how it goes. But it is what it is. You know, it's hard to find housewives.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of people that think they are housewives. I'm going to tell you there are a lot of people. Do you ever get this? You know, they asked me to do the show, but I just didn't.
Speaker 2: Everybody says that everyone.
Speaker 3: So what I did was I picked up the phone a couple of times. I was like, I called math too. Oh, I thought you were going to tell the person that we called. No, don't give that person. Don't out that person. I called, and I was like, Hey, this person is saying that you offered them the spot but that they refused. They're like, absolutely not no.
Speaker 2: And also this is just like another little like behind the scenes thing that won't get us ot in trouble towards the end of every season. I don't know if you remember this, but remember this season that Camille like lost her ship at the agency event and they had us all walk over to that other girl. She was like a brunette, and we all started talking to her for a second. I have no memory. Was that there you were what the.
Speaker 3: City were we in?
Speaker 2: We were in Los Angeles, but they had like a really beautiful brunette there, and they had us all walk over and have little conversations with her. And I was like, this is so weird. Why are we talking to this girl? And then I asked the unnamed person, I'm like why what are we doing? And they were like, we're thinking of her for next.
Speaker 3: Year, so they were testing her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she didn't make it, but you do. A few do and then not many of us make it nine years. But this is the point.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's something to be proud.
Speaker 2: No I am.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding nine years, no soul whatever, I am every years.
Speaker 2: But then Heather brings up the real estate comments and Gina says.
Speaker 3: Is Gina like balling like Mauricio? No, then don't worry about it. Do you think Heather's going to give Gina her listing?
Speaker 2: No, she's going to give it to the same She's gonna want to be on selling Sunset or buying Beverly Hills or whatever that other show. I know she doesn't work for any of those companies.
Speaker 3: Well, I also think, isn't she new in her She's starting her career out right right, and also too just.
Speaker 2: Starting it out at like a higher platform than most really well, I mean most new real estate agents aren't already on television show.
Speaker 3: You want to know something funny, these real estate agents be trying to hit me up. I'm like, bo, have you looked at me?
Speaker 2: Have you googled me lately, like, do you want to try what score? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, my credit score is good. I pay my bills, but like by what? By what lunch?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: The fuck is wrong with you? So stop emailing me please. I don't even know how you got my email.
Speaker 2: Also, I need a new fucking email because it could give me rage. The amount of spam emails that I get.
Speaker 3: Every thousand and open messages, it makes me feel ill. Makes me feel ill too. I wonder if there's like a program that can go in and delete certain ones, basically the political ones, and stop asking me for money. I don't have any for you and your political campaign.
Speaker 2: Also to my kids school, I only need one email a week telling me what I need to do. I do not at fifteen really is upsetting to me. Do you have to do? No? It could be fucking anything. It's neon day Thursday, it's blah blah blah. Put it all in one fucking email. Oh I didn't even know that. Oh no, they spread it out my kids there, They spread it out throughout the week. So you can get multiple emails that you don't check. So you look like an asshole all the time by not showing up but then kids are expensive. Oh they're really. It's expensive to be me.
Speaker 3: It much more expensive to be you than me, honey, let me tell you. Wow, I just thought of that someone we talked about last week, like what private school costs here in LA and you've got three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a real freaking problem. And then you have to work, and then you have to place your kids to make sure that you can work, So then really you're you're paying to work. But then Tamra says Gina is being so defensive that she looks guilty, and Gina says she's being passionate. Heather believes Gina. At this point, we hear Emily being like, Gina's just going through the thick of things.
Speaker 3: I do want to say something to Gina. Look, I understand being passionate because when you are accused of things you didn't do, and I'm gonna go out on a limb with you and say that you didn't do it, rage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean somebody I didn't even know I was. But they might keep going. But I don't think Katie is making shit up as much as I think she's taking Gina's words out of context.
Speaker 3: I agree, I agree that's what we were talking about earlier, and I, yeah, like.
Speaker 2: It's it's not necessarily that I think either one of them as being a liar.
Speaker 3: No, I think that it is out of context and possibly bent to someone's favor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then Gina gets emotional and says the whole world fucked up. Gina tells them she's afraid Travis won't be able to stay in their relationship, and then immediately Katie asked to bury all of it, and they stop fighting and hug that. I'm sorry, No, no, no, that doesn't fucking exist, not to me. I we at least hold on for two to three episodes.
Speaker 3: Were talking around two to three episodes two three years. No, I don't agree with that. I will tell you this. I don't agree in the whole. I'm sorry, and that makes us okay. No, that's not the way real life works, and that's not the way I'm going to be on a show. If you're asking me to be authentic. If we really have a problem, we really have a problem, and if we both agree to really bury it, then we really bury it.
Speaker 2: But also at that point, if Katie really thinks that's how Gina is, I would have appreciated Katie going, you know what, Gina, I think you're opportunistic. Yep, I think you'll do anything for money. Like I needed her to come forward and really called Gina out on.
Speaker 3: What's so your style? So it's also you have experience in this area. Katie is new and she's going to grow a set of balls real fast next year, not this year. But that's something that you with experienced.
Speaker 2: Is speaking about. Right, Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I'm saying? Like you have a little bit of an edge, Well not a little bit, you have a lot of edge on.
Speaker 2: Her, but do you think so? Then we got into scenes for next week, we start to see shit really hit the fan. It seems like there's more stuff with Emily and what happened at the fashion show. It seems like, where do you think that goes?
Speaker 3: Do you think?
Speaker 2: Who do you think that?
Speaker 3: I guess what I'm asking is in that preview? Where do you think Emily's hurt is coming from? It is where my guess is.
Speaker 2: It's my guess is that whatever relationship that she and I truly have no idea. Emily and I do a podcast together and we've never once talked about Orange County. We really don't like she She's it's not even something like we're kind of it's you ever.
Speaker 3: Talked about your similar struggles.
Speaker 2: No, we actually haven't. Like it's not like us or even like me and Tare or like me and Tarama where we kind of dig deep, like we're just we come and we shoot the ship and we talk about it's like watercolor talk. But we we haven't really gotten deep about that. But I do think that I think it bothers her and my guess it's Heather. I think that she feels like she's being judged by Heather because of the comment oversized I think. I think in general, I think that other than Heather, Emily is probably the most financially sound and so there that I don't have that when it comes to finances. I have it with other shit.
Speaker 3: I want everybody to have as much as they can, because I feel like, yeah, when I'm around and abundance, I love it more.
Speaker 2: But I think she sees her best friend. I guess it would be like you and Renna, I guess, and then you add me into it, and then all of a sudden, you start choosing me because I have more money than Rena, which this is not as never happened in our group, which it's never happened because none of us care. Because but I think that's what she feels like Gina is doing, is my guess.
Speaker 3: I know it's quite obvious that's what they think. I mean, Gina the whole I want, you know, to be nice to Heather because she can help me with my real estate business, which is true. I mean, but you're going to get referrals on your own. And honestly, I would mix business with that show. That's a pure recipe for disaster.
Speaker 2: Never don't do it.
Speaker 3: Don't don't let everyone have their separate businesses, support, buy things if you want. But that kind of shit is a recipe.
Speaker 2: No post shit. But you don't mix business relationships with the show.
Speaker 3: A reality TV show that's just like fraught with danger.
Speaker 2: No, it's beyond. It's never gonna end up good, never gonna end up good. But I'm excited for next week, and I appreciate you guys for tuning in. I do too.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me again.
Speaker 2: We want to have you always because you're amazing.
Speaker 3: Well I have fun here. Thank you,