Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and Newi.
Speaker 3: Scruggs ay, everybody welcome into the Players. Last year, the SWBC podcast studios here at Frisco, the home of the Dallas Cowboys head quarters. Team is still out ox Star, California. They have a game tomorrow at Beautiful Sofi Stadium in Inglewood, California, site of the next Olympiad. By the way, oh say wrap up in Paris and next games will be in Los Angeles, California. Be the third time LA has hosted the game nineteen thirty two and nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 4: So it is yes, not the same Inglewood, not the same. No, Inglewood has changed.
Speaker 5: At least we ain't gotta be up at you know, three in the morning to catch something when that come on, right, yes, that time time.
Speaker 3: And also the Clippers Arena is gonna open up, so that whole area has changed down there. So so good time, good times, Inglewood Here all right.
Speaker 4: Heck, Harrison in the house as always a hey, as always. Yeah, here we go. How was your trip?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: You gotta tell you got you gotta come in here with some pictures. You gotta come on. Sure thought you was gonna show with some gear for my man.
Speaker 5: Out And I ain't gonna lie once I got down there. Once I got down I've never seen anything like it. It was the golf mecca. Like it was unbelievable. We played Pinehurst two, we played Pinehurst five. I mean mid South Tallamore. That whole area is just once you're driving in from Raley, trees are all highs. I mean, it was the pine trees super. It was unbelievable. They have like twenty five have great courses all within like twenty.
Speaker 3: Miles right there.
Speaker 5: If you're a golfer, you've got I mean, it's it's the golf mecca. You can't go wrong with any course you go to. Pounehurst was unbelievable. One of the hardest courses I've ever played. You know, I thought I was a big and bad Let me go back to the pro tips and play man.
Speaker 3: They beat my butt all right, But it was a great time though. What did you shoot. Oh, the first day of Pinehurst thought I was a big dog. Yeah, yeah, I shot a ninety seven. It was exactly.
Speaker 5: But after that I calmed back down. Lower score was an eighty four, So I shot eighty four eighty eight. I told you Pounehurst was ninety seven. Mid South was about a ninety. So overall it was a decent time. But when I tell you that golf Mecca was right there, I mean it wasn't.
Speaker 3: The baby one of my partners, she and I went to junior high high school together. She she lives there over Ino. Yeah. It had a couple recommendations and caddies and stuff. I forgot to give it to you. You should get man, because I was forget. I forget. I figured he was gonna forget to roll down to my alma mater. And you know that fact exactly. Once I got the golf got me. So as you're making your drive down I ninety five. Did you notice all the south of the border signs?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did. It takes BUCkies out. BUCkies has some signs, but theirs are better than BUCkies. Really. Yes, you're sitting on there thinking about so I go to South of the board yes, that was the birthplace. I challenge you to make that drive down ninety five and not think about hitting South of the Border because of the patro billboards. All right, I mean, man, beautiful out there.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, BUCkies is is everything around here.
Speaker 3: No, here's the thing. I'm not telling you that South of the Border is a better place than BUCkies. I'm just strictly talking about the billboard. Make you want Yeah, advertising, right, the advertised and advertising is pretty good. So church went down in North Carolina, beautiful beautiful part in North Carolina, southeast North Carolina where I've spent a good chunk of my life down there.
Speaker 5: But lucky hurricane came through. Yeah, you go out and got out. You got out just yes, sir. Flooding and a whole bunch of other stuff was happening around here.
Speaker 3: So yes, good for you. So church is back. I'm not mad at your church. You were blessed by that bag for shy Khan. Spend it, use it, you do what you do. They ain't like the football season started here yet you didn't miss nothing but a practice yesterday, so it's all good. So players, lunch brought you by aristocrat. He's hacking my Harrison. That's very church for Meer Dallas cowboy safety. I'm merely knew he scrugs here helping facilitate the program, joint practice against the Rams, the good thing, okay, and the ultimate thing. Nobody was hurt as facts, Yeah, okay, nobody was hurting. No skirmishes in the out there at all. No skirmishes. Yes, yeah, Jeff Fisher's not there.
Speaker 5: Anymore like that because he was dirty.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, yeah, mister seventy nine bullge Eye's gone, so so none of that there for me. Jordan Lewis continues to get things done. When you go against Cooper Cup You talked about one of the best slot guys on the leading the Super Bowl MVP. When you're going out there and you're holding up your own there, Jordan Lewis's man, he's taking a good camp already, heckman, where you're right against your guys, but now you're taking it against one of the best in the game. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that. We talked about him last week. We talked about him on Wednesday. We talked about him and what he does for this defense and how he's galvanized this secondary and also holding off some of these young pups that's after him as well, because he has a one year deal. And look, he's been around here, because he's been, you know, just a pit bull, a guy that's moved wherever they've asked him to play. And as you stated a while, man, is that you know, playing inside in that nickel position is not easy and a lot of guys can't convert from playing on the outside the inside. But he's made it look you know, it made it look easy. But I tell you what a guy is that really in that joint practice that stood out.
Speaker 8: To me was Eric Kendricks.
Speaker 4: And look, there's a lot of question marks around this, defen bringing in Mike Zimmer, but Eric Kendricks to me, is going to show up a position of much need, but also bring a level of toughness. Now we're gonna talk about this all through the preseason because last season gave you those question marks about the toughness of this team and you had to bring in a veteran that was no nonsense and obviously gonna bring up a lot of those young guys that you have back there. I mean, look, it's just needed, all right, It's needed, and you know, I'm sure, we'll talk about the offensive side of the ball, because there was some things that I saw on that offensive line that did not get it did not give me faith that these guys are getting any better right now in the early part of the early part of training camp. But there's some other guys on that defensive front that I think if you want to give number fifty eight Minsi Smith a little bit more credit, he's starting to turn it around a little bit and camp right now, all the reports are not bad Newie.
Speaker 8: All the reports are not bad Newie.
Speaker 4: So when you say that, when you see that first that first rounder start to take some steps, because you know, look, this preseason is gonna be very important for Mozi. They may hold him out, but at some point he's gonna have to get it going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gonna have to show me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I gotta see Mozzi for I gotta see, you know, before I can give him his just due.
Speaker 3: I gotta see him a little bit.
Speaker 5: But when you talk about Jordan Lewis and what he's been able to do at that nickel position, you know you just talked about it. It's one of the hardest places in the secondary because it's not only about Okay, this man's across from me, I gotta cover him one on one. I gotta lock him up. You also got to be that third linebacker against the run. You also got to be able to blitz coming off the edge. And this is a guy that can put pressure on quarterbacks. He got eight and a half sacks through his career, so he can put pressure on the quarterback.
Speaker 3: And overall, to me, he's the best nickel that this team has.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know you got your guys on the outside, you got Bland, you got digs on the outside, But we talk about a nickelback who's the three tool player. You can blitz, he can cover, you can play against the run. This is the guy that does it for me. And I'm with you when you talk about these linebackers. From what I've seen on the tape, these guys on downhill pretty much the entire practice. You know, Kendrick was doing his thing over show. To me, he showed a lot of popping there. I mean he stuck his nose in there. A lot was coming downhill and what you'd like to see most about it, And maybe this is what you know Mose Smith has been able to do while he's been in there, but those guys were moving free. You know, there was no you know, guards coming.
Speaker 3: Up in there. They have to fight off these guys to get around to the run game.
Speaker 5: These guys were able to go downhill and run without anybody blocking their way. So if we can get that going, I mean, this line back at Corny, they got a chance to be to be legit out there. But it all starts up front and we'll see what this defensive line can do as a as a year progressive.
Speaker 3: All right, heck, let's go over to the offensive side. You have your concerns from yesterday's joint practice against.
Speaker 4: The ranks, Well, you know, obviously not now having the opportunity to go up against a different jersey, you see.
Speaker 3: Guys kind of oh wow, you know, awesome.
Speaker 4: Richard is a guy that we've been talking about over at the left, at the left tackle, backing up to Maydoga and also, by the way, our first round rounder and guiding man. He started our practice pretty bad. In the one on one. He started all pretty bad and man one on one just really as Brian brought us was talking about, it's really kind of difficult for the offensive lineman because the offensive line, as you know, works in unison together and they're just you know, just link and chain together. So look, we're looking for a guy to at least claim that backup position, and I think Austin Richards is the guy that you really want to put in there because of where he is as a draft, but also you just want to be younger at that position. Ov dog Yeah, you want him to least challenge e Doga for the backup position because look, I don't know Tyler Smith, excuse me, Tyler Guidon dealing with some illness last week coming into this week.
Speaker 3: Is where he is.
Speaker 4: As far as how they view him, that's been a mystery and it's starting to get even more murky as the days go on, the way that they use and the what we're seeing from him. So look, we need that first rounder obviously to be the man. As you talked about before, don't play with my feelings. Don't go ahead throw him in at I don't bo't play around around. We go ahead and put him in there. Let's see what he could do. But right now they've been really reserved with the rest that they've been giving him.
Speaker 5: When you talk about this old line, you know all right. I know we got you know, BB in their second round pick, but I like what I've seen.
Speaker 3: From Hoffman in there. I mean, this guy seems like a nasty, you know, road Greater type.
Speaker 5: And when you got those two guys on it, you know, outside of you talking about mar Or Zach Barton and Smith and Smith on the on the other side of you, there was some gaping holes in there for Zeke and for Rico running through and they ran right up that middle.
Speaker 8: So it's gonna be an interesting battle.
Speaker 5: We talked about it last week with BB and Hoffman that just you don't think it's gonna be interesting battle, not really, because we had when you were when You're on the back nine, We had Nate Newton.
Speaker 3: Nate Newton on the show, and Nate basically said, it's not even really a competition. It's Hoffman. He said, it's Hoffman. He's played well. Also that BB's just it's not natural. He's still learning it. And I go back to and we've talked about this before on the podcast. Heck, I don't know if you were with us at the time when we went through Terrence Steele after that bad rookie year where he made all he did all the work in the off season to get himself better that second year, and then you saw and I think for Hoffman he had he's done all from everything you've been hearing that he's did all the work in the off season to get ready to take advantage of it. And right now he it's his to lose. And BB, I think is a better guard from what from Nate was saying, better guard and he was definitely that at Kansas State, was an All American. And when you start thinking about depth and potentially what could happen to Zach Martin and maybe he's not here with the team next year, retires, Cooper BB's got a good future. But right now this is this is Hoffman's and this is where come Saturday night, I need to see a whole lot of Hoffman and a whole lot of Trey Lands. Oh yeah, that's what I need to see Saurday night against the Rams.
Speaker 4: So far, look, we're gonna get obviously after our players that we want to watch, and I think this Hoffman debate with Cooper BB is it's getting to a point where a lot of people are choosing Hoffman based off of you know, obviously his role is tenure. He knows the position, obviously, he knows the offense as well, and Cooper BB does a bit of a learning curve to him. But I'm on one of those people, man, that just the eyeball tests when I look at a guy that has a certain amount of nasty about him, and Cooper BB has that. You know, you see him even from his college days to he just has that grit and man, guys are really good. And yeah, it is my EMA affiliation case state that all day and tomorrow, but that's not it. I see a guy that's that's nasty and BC, You've been on teams where you've seen guys that are really good and it's hard for coaches to keep him off the field. And he's not a finesse guy, you know. So this is what this offensive line has needed. Obviously, I'm not thinking that he's going to unroot Zach Martink, not crazy. But what I am saying is that the learning curve for him is trying to learn the position that he hadn't been playing, and that's center. So it's gonna come down to something to a point that knew he made just the other day. We know in the National Football League that if you're a second off, or you snapped that ball a little laid, or it's got too much air on it, that's all the defense really needs to get home and so that much that may be what's holding him back, but as far as just to get after it, kind of a guard and pick Man, I'm excited for Cooper Bech.
Speaker 3: You're gonna give him.
Speaker 5: Every opportunity with the draft pick he was selected, and Hoffman, you know, correct me if I'm wrong, but he was a later round or was he even drafted?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is my thing, just going back to what you said. I believe BB is going to be a player that can contribute for this Cowboys team. I think this is going to be a draft pick. They took him in the third round. There's a future for him here. But so far from what we've seen, Hoffin has locked this thing up. And in a perfect world, the way this thing may be going right now, it's just me. Indulge me for a second. I am let's go. Left tackle is a question mark you like guyting to be there. Ain't nobody trusting Tumor right now? You're not ready to go put your tips behind Tuma. No, So if you have to kick Tyler Smith to left. Maybe you put Bb left guard, you got Hoff minute center, maybe it's TJ.
Speaker 8: Bass.
Speaker 3: But I'm not sold right now on left tackle. And before I get sold on throwing Tuma out there, dog gun and I'll put Tyler Smith out there. But you know they're gonna throw the big guy out there.
Speaker 5: They going to me the first round. They're up the money to throw him out there.
Speaker 3: For sure. I need to go through Game one Cleveland at least put the player of the year, Miles Garrett. Game two, Saints, Cam Jeordan, the game hey uh, Game three, Baltimore, Game four, the New York Giants, Game five at Pittsburgh.
Speaker 8: But so these scouts work.
Speaker 5: You know, they're not gonna sit there and be like, I want to be wrong.
Speaker 3: To take him every chance and he's they go together. Even if he showed the camp that he's not the guy, they're gonna put him out there because they don't want to be proven wrong. We all understand how this works. Look, it's and this is once again, this is me. I'm not sitting here telling you that this kid can't work out. But right now you've missed some practice and there's some question marks. Now we've got these preseason games. But if it comes to it and I don't see what I need to see, I know this. If I'm Dak Prescott, I'm like, I got my money on him best. If I'm an, if I might be car if I if I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die with Titler Smith playing left and we're gonna bring somebody else and he's playing left guard. Okay, because he played tackle all camp, though, Smith, that they put him out there at all, you know, bruh, he's played there before. Yeah, they've made some rotation, They've they've made some rotation.
Speaker 4: They've obviously put him out there, but not with the ones, not a real time he could do it.
Speaker 3: Just I mean, boy, some of you all may say this is blasphemous, but when I think of how we saw Zach Martin and Larry Allen be able to go out and play some tackle and play it at a at a at a strong level, I think of Tyler Smith the same way. Will McClay once told me we drafted him to beat our left tackle. If Tyler got doesn't improve, and we had Nate Newton and Nate still had question marks. And before I trust Chuma Doga against Miles Garrett and t. J. Watt and others. I will throw Tyler Smith out there. And if I'm Dak Prescott, I go into Jerry. Not forget mccaar, I go to Jerry. We always something prob because I'm Micha McCarthy. If I'm Mike McCarthy, I go knock on the door after Dak Prescott and we had a same conversation, if my job is gonna be on the line before we run out there and do that, let's see these first five games. You better throw Tyler Smith out there. The man's healthy. You don't think they're gonna throw guy out there if even if he's had a shaky camp. If the man's healthy, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I mean with you, because you know that's the way of things and they don't want to be wrong. But at the same time, when we get an opportunity to see him in live action, and it is is apparent we haven't look what we've gotten from him is just little clips and snippets of him going up against Micah. We haven't seen him against any opposition yet. And I think once we start to get that film, that's where things start to go downhill quickly. It was the same with It was the same with Mazzi. Remember Mazie and Camp. There was rumblings, there was we're not sure, and then when he got out there, it's like, oh Seattle remember that one. Oh he got rollers, yo, Oh my god, got a white team on. You don't play safety, yo. It got bad fast. It's it's those things that resonates, and I think those are the things that start to play in a player's mind where there's doubt if look, I don't this, and I think that's the biggest thing. I don't know, that's the biggest question mark. Where is guiding in his development? He missed with some sickness, but even through ot As there was just.
Speaker 3: All right, let'sten listen.
Speaker 4: Some enthusiasm. Let's bring that enthusiasm back a latter Saturday, Gud, you better get out there.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're too young, remember this, but this is what Billy said it to kid and Purple Rain better get out there and ship show something some kid. Kid better go out there, kid, show me something. It's tonight or never. Let's get our first break in here. I'm all about Trey Lance. Who's with me? Who's with me Saturday Night? Trey Lance? Oh I don't, I don't feel the love. Let's just die into right now after the break right here playing right? Do you rich? The crack? Gaming on Dallas Skyboys dot com rad.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys, Hey.
Speaker 3: There, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 2: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one hundred gambler. That's twenty hundred gamblr for twenty one over.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 9: The press guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 3: He escaped slapped. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 9: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 3: Right to the players loud.
Speaker 4: The creators of Buffalo Casino Games brings you Cowboys be in Casino Games developed by Aristocrat Find America's team on and Off the Reels now and a casino near you. Do you have a gambling problem, please contact one eight hundred Gambler for twenty one and over.
Speaker 3: Thank you, heck Ma Harris fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yes, players, stay focused, crack locus.
Speaker 3: On look out.
Speaker 4: Stuck my bad, oh goodness, don't help me up and beating.
Speaker 3: For my apologies of Sunday Sunday Cowboys Cowboys Rams Sunday not Saturday, I'm so used to. Also the preseason games being Saturday and my kids leaving for college on Saturday. So she's gonna go up to He's old stomping grounds in Manhattan, Kansas have.
Speaker 8: To have a blast. Haymaker Hall, Baby.
Speaker 3: Call Hall is my favorite spot over there.
Speaker 8: Call Hall.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's where they said ice cream and they make all their so they make their own ice cream for Kansas state. So that means agricultural with cols right out back. Uh so they make their own ice cream, they they got, they make their own ribs, ground beef, Italian sausage. I can get into that now.
Speaker 4: And I have one thing you're not gonna do with in Manhattan starve they got.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So so yeah, so it's good stuff up there. Barry Church, he's tech Ma Harrison on the structs. This is players, not just brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. So the Cowboys first preseason game is in Inglewood, California against the Rams. We're talk about all these people here, but to me, the whole preseason, it's always been about one guy, Trey Lance, backup quarterback here Prescott does have contrast.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry what no, No, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 3: Name the quarterback on the roster for twenty twenty five who signed nobody? Nobody, nobody, So they sat up there, gave it a fourth round pick and everybody we go, we go see what we got out of Tree Lance? And what was it supposed to be all about? Preseason? So see something? Yeah, Rams above all, I need to see what Trey Lance has. I agree, Yeah, she had a lot of nothing. I'll tell you, tell you who else want to see what Trey Lance has. Dak and his agent. Let Trey Lance get out there and not get it done Cooper to him and his Yeah, absolutely, I don't think Cooper Rush has anything to worry about. So yeah, I'm with you on that. Cooper Rush is fine. I mean there's I think Cooper put it like this, if they cut Cooper Rushing mark that God would be gobled up, you know. So, so Cooper rushes. Cooper Rush is proven, he can play in this league as a back on quarterback. Anybody would be happy to have Cooper Rush. Trey Lance, on the other hand, I'm proven, don't know. We don't know. So this is the job of the preseason. I want to know what Trey Lance had. I'm excited about. I don't feel you that you're with me, but I mean, look, you bake them. I feel like I'm alone. No, you're not.
Speaker 4: You know how to bake me now, and I think I've been on the show long enough. You know what to do, and I fall right into it. And I'm gonna go right that way right now because I don't understand why you think Trey Lance is a threat to Dak at all.
Speaker 8: In any way, shape or form.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if the organization was using Trey Lance as leverage for Dak. I mean, if you're just trying to show up the backup position, then fine, I'll go with that. But Dak has nothing to worry about even fear from Trey Lance at all. It's it's his job today, tomorrow, next year. I mean, we got to get stuff worked out. But at the same time, look, look a future. A future with Trey Lance is gonna get you picking in round one through ten.
Speaker 8: I don't want that. You don't want that.
Speaker 4: That's gonna make these shows a lot less interesting. If you have a guy like that at quarterback, you could talk about how you're bringing them along slowly. Mike McCarthy is the quarterback whisperer and all of that. You already got your guy. So this tray last talk to me. Yeah, I just want to see how good you are. Can we trust you if we need you for a game game and a half. That's it what.
Speaker 5: Y'all need to see from him? Like what do youall when he goes out there? What do y'all want to see that be?
Speaker 4: Like, Okay, he eats completions, that's touchdown positives.
Speaker 3: I need to see what we saw out of Romo when we saw him move up to the backup spot and when he led the Cowboys to win. What we saw from Dak Prescott ironically in Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: Remember, Okay, right, that's what I need to see.
Speaker 3: That's what I need to see. So heck me. I think and believe that Dak Prescott and Jerry Jones both want to get a deal done. But if Trey Lance can show you he can be a quality backup in this league and can utilize some of the skills he has that made him the third overall pick, that is worth having in a seventeen game season where we have seen quarterbacks go down. Dak Prescott, a quarterback that we have seen have issues with health over the last four they.
Speaker 8: Just switched the bait on me.
Speaker 4: He switched the bait on me because the first bait was Trey Lance being the guy that's going to start at five.
Speaker 8: That's where I'm like, I'm off for that. If he's a back to then yeah, I'm there.
Speaker 3: But the door is still open because there is no quarterback under contract to twenty five, so a can just sit up here and dismiss it and just say, well, what's it gonna do? I mean, Jerry's sitting here playing his game a Chicken with Cede Lamb. He's already played it once with Dak Prescott. So to act like it couldn't happen that Trey Lance is not gonna be here at all, I wouldn't say that. Jerry has shown that he will pay quarterbacks around. We saw the Kyle Orton deal. Kyle Laurier's up there killing it. He was making five million at the time when when quarterbacks were making about eight or nine. He was making a nice good chunk of change. So I think Trey Lance being here is smart. Cooper Rush being here has proven to be smart. Is Trey Lance that next type of player that Mike McCarthy can develop it? If so, then that could be a very good positive for the Capitals. I need to see what Trey Lance can do. I want to know you're paying him. It's supposed to be about the preseason. This dude's supposed to get out here and show me what he could do. I need to see it because I want to Scott Tolzy back quarterback coach, What what is it did you put into this guy, Mike McCarthy, What did you get out of I need to see something, and I'm with you on that.
Speaker 8: I'd love to see something.
Speaker 5: I just don't want to see it just all athleticism. I don't want to go out there and just see him. Oh I'm taking off. I'm taking off every single time.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: I understand he got the wheels, he has an athleticism to do so, and if you're rolling out of the pocket, I just want to see him being able, like you said earlier, to complete some passes out there, drop back, sit there, first options out there. Don't just take off after that, step up in the pocket and see what you got. I think that would give everybody a little bit easier, you know, mind just thinking, Okay, this guy he can play the quarterbacks, but he's just not a wide receiver playing playing quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: So that's what I would like to see.
Speaker 5: Don't go out there and just run around all we understand that that it'll it'll win you up maybe a game maybe, but we understand everybody in this league is fast, and you know there's only one of Lamar Jackson. So to me, just just go out there and show that you can play this quarterbacks and there's not going to be a portray Lance package anything like that.
Speaker 4: And here's here's what I also say. I think seeing him in the preseason is very important as well. But defense is going to be very vanilla. So seeing him not struggle against some of those defenses going to kind of give you give him a leg up and with Cooper Rush, you know. So I would say that's what I want to see new more than anything because I know he's not going to be dealing with any exotic blissens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fine, go do something, okay because right now, right now, the arrow, the arrow is pointing down people. People are down on him. So I want to see what he can do, you know. So there needs to be Trey Lance needs to get out there, show me something I got l Boogie Hunter Lifkey.
Speaker 4: Needs to get just so we could. I want to see that you were not here. You were not here. And they have to bring this up because Nate knew not ask him straight up. I was like Nate, so yes he did. He joked all the way out the k Nate did. He was like, he's your third in his words, he's your third down running back.
Speaker 3: That's what he said.
Speaker 5: So you mean like third and you know eight and they got a block up? Are you talking about like any third out he might get a lot?
Speaker 8: Hey, Man, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they selling Wolf tickets or not. Man, it's a lot of talk about Hunter Liftkey out from if it's Mike McCarthy, Will McLay.
Speaker 3: There's been a lot of positive talk about Hunter Liftkey. If if I were a gambling man, I go take one hundred dollars and go down to Bakers and put put it on el BOOGIEY make the pro bo get them. So why we gotta go to that here?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: And so that's the thing, like, so when I have that's what bothers me knew. I have a whole conversation with you about Jake Ferguson. Right, you shoot me down about Jake Ferguson. But then you have the audacity to sit here and say, pro bore you, how you are you really for real pro bowl boogie.
Speaker 3: That's so let's put it in perspective. Now, Oh, you were trying to put Jake Ferguson in the category of Travis Kelcey and George Kittle.
Speaker 4: So what I was saying, that's what you did in context, that's you added context. And I'm talking about a player making a jump, making a jump from seven hundred and sixty one yards to being one of the lea what do we consider to be lead George at the tight end position?
Speaker 3: What do we consider to be a lead on?
Speaker 8: Thousand yards?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you'll give you a stack from that position.
Speaker 4: So Michael gallup, Michael Galla leaves, he leaves fifty seven targets on the table. Who you think getting some of that eating off? Some of that lead off, some of that? Come on now, come on now. So if I say one thousand yards for Jake Ferguson at seven sixty one last year, don'tk like I'm far off from that.
Speaker 3: Let's ty let's catboy tight ENDT do that? What year was that? It was early? That might have been like thirteen twelve or thirteen. Shoot me down. I'm just saying where you're trying to take him. Okay, shoot me down now, l boogie full back position? Pro Bowl? That ain't that? Ain't unachievable? Perfect way to Pro Bowl? No way? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah see if he healthy? Yeah boogie yo? How okay?
Speaker 3: I said, I take.
Speaker 4: What seems more what seems more reasonable? Jake Ferguson, Are Hunter Liftkey making the Pro Bowl? Jake Ferguson getting a thousand or Hunter Lifkey making after nineteen carriage?
Speaker 3: From that you talk, I mean, you didn't talk about Ferguson making the Pro Bowl? You said Ferguson.
Speaker 8: I'm throwing that in there. You saying, fergus company?
Speaker 4: The company? If he is a thousand yards? What company? Where do you put him? Where do you put it over a stack? Come here doing a thousand tones? What do you put him?
Speaker 3: If he does that? Well?
Speaker 8: What company is he in?
Speaker 3: Then? And see Laporter was a guy that I said I would rank higher than Ferguson. Yeah, so so so what I.
Speaker 4: Said and what I came with you, I can't, man, I can't but see you baked me again.
Speaker 3: Man, you baked me again. Mark Andrews type. You know that.
Speaker 4: Look at your BC, look at your offense right now? Who's your who's your number two receiver on this on the in this office?
Speaker 3: Right Okay?
Speaker 4: And now what are defensive coordinators not gonna do this year with ceedee Lamb. They're not gonna single cover him. They're gonna find a way to get another man on him. Who's gonna leave Who's who's that's gonna leave open? Come on, that's gonna be some other guys eating off of this. That's why I bring up the gallon fifty seven targets. Do I act like this man ain't gonna have the ability to eat Nuie?
Speaker 3: I didn't. You tried to put him up there with Ki.
Speaker 4: I'm putting him in the I'm making protections for his career on where he can go and what he can be. You bring up laportera in the Detroit Lions offense last season, he put up in great numbers.
Speaker 3: Why did he do that?
Speaker 4: Because he was He was that middle of the field target in their threat.
Speaker 8: Who is Jake Ferguson. He's the same guy.
Speaker 4: So let's not act like these numbers are astronomical or Laporters Oh my god, he's come on, man, he's not. He's not five hundred yards better tight end than Jake Ferguson. Ten tuddies last season. That puts him in another category, all right, But five for Jake Ferguson. If you can make that up with the targets, I make up a thousand and another five touchdowns, But.
Speaker 8: No I'm not Tar is doing that.
Speaker 5: If fergu is doing that much production out there, I don't think this offense is gonna be, you know, as high powered as it was last year.
Speaker 3: I mean, because we understand that. You know what does Dak Prescott love. He loves his wide receivers, He loves c d Limb.
Speaker 5: Now Ferguson, he can stretch the field, he can be that middle of the field, run through God. He can do work that way. But to me, if we're doing all that passing, that means we're not balanced, and that means we ain't got nothing in the backfield. All I'm doing and we all seen thirty five passes a game. Forty five passes a game from Dak Prescott's interesting.
Speaker 3: That's an interest. That's not it's an interesting that's not. That's not. That's not what we need.
Speaker 4: How do you repurpose those fifty seven targets to enough to other guys on your team. That means Brandon Cook's gonna be able to eat more, Jaalen Talbart's gonna be able to eat more. And then, oh, by the way, Jake Ferguson as well. I'm just talking about schemes that the defense is gonna play you with, That's all. And you're gonna need that target in the middle of the field more more than l Boogie with the hoodie because I can put a linebacker on el Boogie. He's running away from nobody, but.
Speaker 8: He running away from taking personally.
Speaker 3: When we come he's in motions, Hunter lifting in motion. When we're talking about when we come back, Jerry Jones saying, no urgency about it. Yeah, over the.
Speaker 4: Shoulder, Yeah anyway.
Speaker 3: Oh boogie with the hoodie. I like that pro bo boogie season, Jerry, I'm being scrugged Jerry Jones. No urgency by Ceedee Lamb. Let's discuss it next right here on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 10: Ready to kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collect unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, Slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com, and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 6: I'm Cowboys alumni. Danny mccraig here with Smoothie King asking what's that sound. That's the sound of me sipping one of their powerpacksmoothies with over ten grams of ProTeam with real fruits and organic veggies. Because they's Smoothie King, what you see is what you sip. So grab a delicious Smoothie King Smoothie, throw a straw in your job and gets sipping real Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Hey, their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 2: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a PROWN sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam.
Speaker 3: B l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 9: Raising Caines presents the other rules of Football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's Chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules raising Canes chicken fingers One love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: To the Players Loud.
Speaker 4: The official twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine Training Camp Preview is now available. This year's edition featuring scouting reports, position analysis, a pullout, schedule pull and articles from your favorite Cowboy writers. Get your Training Camp Preview today at your local pro shop or Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Star.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Heck Mayerson players lines brought you by Aristocrat Gaming. Got former Cowboy safety Barry Church on New he Scruggs. Shout out to our boy Reggie Reid who hit us up on Twitter saying I'm watching the training camp videos and some of the scrimmages against the Rams and I just ordered twelve boxes. Hope you them Cowboys just be calling me, and then you got to picture Chris Rock and New Jackson. Anyways, it just keeps calling al.
Speaker 8: Well, it is we always happens.
Speaker 3: I'm off that narcotic. No hope for me here. No, I'm okay, You'll be back. They always come back.
Speaker 8: Always, You'll be back lying around the corner.
Speaker 3: I hope you.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 3: Jerry Jones asked about c. D. Lamb. There's sence vergency said no ESPN, and the big deal out of it became a big deal. People weren't talking so much about the joint practice of talking about Jerry and and his response and then Cede Lamb goes on Twitter and then he does an L O L to to you know, the social media post, and I raised my hand. I was suckered. Last year, Jerry drew his line about Zach Martin told us what he was going to do. Then we had the Noble Party in Malibu. Jerry's, you know, feeling good and just telling us how he's holding the line, and I'm sitting there like a fool. And I bought it. Zach Martin not getting paid what happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you don't even drink, so that's crazy drink.
Speaker 3: You went for it. So ce Lamb's getting paid, get his money. Get okay, just tell everybody out there, I'm not buying this whole jer Jerry says, coup one time. I remember being out the camp. We blew that up.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, he says, z cou up. He got he got then't just get paid, set the record and made a T shirt out of equal That is.
Speaker 3: True, right right? So well, willing to miss a million of game, yep, he is, because he's gonna get paid. You're gonna get paid. Okay, you cannot have this season without Cdlan period. He's getting paid. So I don't care what Jerry says, because Jerry's playing the media. He knows is what Week three? People are tired. It's the same old storylines. And so what did Jerry just do? Here is a training camp, scrimmage practice against the Rams, first time you get to see somebody else. And what happened owner to hijack the whole highlight? Just took it all over man like Kamala Harris under taking everything off spotlight, something like what about me? Jerry just snatched the whole spotlight? Here I go like like she's I'm talking nobody. What about Jerry, I'm talking, Well, what about Jordan louis looking good? Jerry, I'm talking, So why would you say that, I don't know what to high school with the college I went to Noble lest This is just Jerry Man just say.
Speaker 11: Here we are in the media all shook. And then of course espelh my gosh. I don't know if this is good for Ceedee Lamb. I don't know if they're going to get a deal done for him. What they know he's playing you. There's going to be a deal done, Heckner, There's going to be a deal done.
Speaker 3: Write that down. Cede Lamb is going to be playing for the Cowboys. It's gonna happen now.
Speaker 4: Of course, now everybody knows it, and I think, for you know, let's let's let's not play the common sense game right here, because I think people really want to entertain the notion that Ceedee Lamb is going to go somewhere for the Cowboys. Not to get this done at this early part of the season would be disastrous because of the teams that you're playing. Okay, you know that twelve and five, see those twelve and five repeat seasons that come down to having guys here, guys that can get it done, Guys that can run Mike McCarthy's offense defense no matter what. Right, if you're Dak, it's more reason for Dak, especially with what he has riding, to get CD Lamb in the building, because look, it could it could mean disaster for him. And you, being a guy that has said at the negotiating table with with Jerry, you know that it's man, I don't even you're not probably not even old enough to know. Let's make a deal back in the seventies. You remember the Let's make a deal back in the seventies, A great show.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: A guy would come up to you with a box and he tells you there's a you got a box full of money. You can have what's in that You can have what's in that box, or you could take what's behind door number one. So you didn't know how much money was in the box, and you didn't know what was behind door number one, so you had options, right, or you're gonna give this what's behind door number one to another guy in front of you. So you're playing a guessing game, and that's what NFL players are doing right now, guessing Do I take the deal that's in front of me, Or do I risk going in the free agency and getting paid something else?
Speaker 3: For you?
Speaker 4: What was behind door number one? Shotgun with a blank Mary? What are you gonna take what's in the box of a shotgun? Domia Um, It's been riney right, And that's what guys are doing right now. They're going with the money and look for CD that like I said, I said, it's black and white because you have other guys that's already reset the market. And justin Jefferson, you know it's thirty five a year. We don't know if it's the years, we don't know what it can be, but we know it's thirty five a year. Anything less than that, I think CD's not gonna sign you.
Speaker 5: He's gonna sign. He's gonna get his Breain. I ain't worried about CD. He's definitely gonna get his bread. But well, I do find a little bit interesting. It's something that you said last week about you know, Jerry talking to these free agents and all that saying, you know, basically got to sing for your supper.
Speaker 3: Now when it comes to Dak Prescott.
Speaker 5: I could kind of lean towards what Jerry's doing, right there. I can't because when you look at it, if you paying, really what is paying. I'm early gonna get you. Let me get you, you know, your quarterback, you know, for future and all that grid stuff. But has that proven the you know, been able to get to the mountaintops. I don't know, So I'm with him on the presscott. But ceedy, you gotta get that thing done. I mean, that's just as simple as that one.
Speaker 3: How many times has that strategy worked in terms of your quarterback not paying them? Yeah, you play it out. I mean, off the top of my head, I can see one time where I'm like, okay, that worked out Joe Flacco and but the Ravens offered Joe a dip. Yeah, okay, so it wasn't you know, it wasn't like this way to play man, here's the deal. He said, no, no, I'm a bet on knee and they were like, okay, bet to bowl MVP. But for the most part, you don't normally see players that want to go do this, and most teams would rather get something done so and most.
Speaker 4: And most in most front offices would make him a restricted free agent, not an unrestricted because that's they're not going to do their bidding through other teams. Dak is a unrestricted free agent, so that means when he gets out, it's not matching, it's besting these other teams, and they're gonna be suitors for everybody that doesn't think that Dak has a market you stupid, you know. And even when I said it's gonna sixty million, it's gonna.
Speaker 8: Be sixty million.
Speaker 3: It will be sixty sixty five right now. So you don't think Jerry, I mean, all right, you're you're right. But in the end of the day, I believe this Jerry can top any offer. And he's still he's still the place that Dak knows in an offense. And obviously, if he has a great year I mean to the second year of this offense, he's in command of this thing, and so that means he should be back. And if he has another great year, Mike mccarth could be back. So the Jets consider right here offered sixty five million. Hey, Dak, you want to take sixty five million for the Jets? You want to take sixty right here? I mean, I just I think at the end of the day, Jerry will be able to outbid whoever. If Jerry came, you would offer you more to Shot. You've been here so so to me, Heck, I don't even think that matters. I think Jerry knows at the end of the day, if I want my quarterback here, I can top any offering in the league and he'll be here.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this, then, what does that do for the mentality of the locker room? If Dak goes through this season without a contract and it lasts all the way to the end of the year, the I was, don't have the season that.
Speaker 3: We're looking at, But they're not quarterback.
Speaker 4: No, I understand, But at the end of the day, you're still looking at a guy on your team, the leader of your team, not sure to be here. There's a lot of things unsettled, and you've been in the locker room, so you know exactly how guys are going to be talking about this, which you're already knowing what the other quarterbacks in the league are getting. If let's say, if he comes down to the offensive line not producing all the defense is really bad, it's not Dak's fault. He's going out there is competing, doing everything he's supposed to do, but you're not giving him anything the work that's not your control.
Speaker 3: All you can do is control what you can control. How he how they treat the quarterback is how they treat the quarterback. I mean we saw what how he treated Digs. He paid Digs.
Speaker 4: H right, Yeah, but okay, but to your point, Digs didn't let it get contentious and didn't let it get ugly either.
Speaker 3: He didn't.
Speaker 4: It didn't last till Diggs was in the last year of his deal. They came and they made sure that they took care of him. So there wasn't any rift. There was no rift to even talk to those choice those choices, choices. But that's what we say. How can you get Digs done so early so that it doesn't get contentious? In here you are sitting with CD who's the start one of these superstars on your team.
Speaker 3: His agent is not Todd France.
Speaker 8: All right, man, Well.
Speaker 3: Remember the guy was justin Simmons from Denver Todd. Todd had like three it was Dak and two other guys, and one of them I think, man, it might have been two of them. At least one of them didn't get a deal done. So Todd France is operating a little bit differently than some other agents. And I've said this before. If you're negotiating with Jerry Jones, especially on something like the quarterback position, these agents are looking at trying to get the best deal they can because they know it's predicated on other agents coming back and looking at you and saying whether or not you can get a deal done. The agent thing plays a big part in this deal. But let's make a deal. I just think when when other players are trying to somehow compare their situations with a quarterback, you just shouldn't do.
Speaker 4: It's a whole I understand. I understand that quarterbacks are getting paid on potential. Guys are getting paid off of what they did, you know, and that's obviously their market is something completely separate from the other fifty two guys on that roster. What I'm saying is you're treating our leader like this. This is a guy that's putting it on the line, a guy that's come back to giving you repeat back to back twelve and five seasons, and you're treating them like mud.
Speaker 3: And what happened to lead the last time came? What do you walk away with? The bag? Domin Umbago. So if you think about it, from Tank Lawrence to Dak They've all had to go do their thing with Jerry. But guess what they all walked away with. Man do your thing, Jerry walk away with the bag? Everybody, what's back? Martin walked away with? Guess what's gonna happen to CD Lamb walk away with? Walk away, walk away with the back. No sense of vergence. We just sit around here talk about it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they give us plenty to talk about gay everybody else plenty to talk about.
Speaker 3: Heck Ma Harrison, good Yob, Barry Church, good to see you back. Yes, and there they scrugs for jazz Josh. Everybody are part of it. Thank you for watching, Players, watch you. By Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.