Speaker 1: I's Daily Game. It's a production of iHeartRadio. What's Up, Sis Tea? You're listening to The Daily Game, the compilation of motivational quotes I've collected over the years that I found inspiring and helped me through the game of life.
Speaker 2: Today's quote comes from P. T. Barnum.
Speaker 1: You might know him from the Barnum and Bailey circus. He was also an author, a businessman, and politician. PT said, money is a terrible master, but an excellent servant. Money is a terrible master, but an excellent servant. Now I've been broke, people say it's having money better than being broke, definitely, because money creates options.
Speaker 2: It creates options. That's what money allows you to do.
Speaker 1: Not only can you help other people, but it also creates options. Now, let me explain that to you. If you don't have any money, you can only get as far as you can walk. If you get a skateboard, you can get as far as you can ride on the skateboard.
Speaker 2: You get a little more money, you can.
Speaker 1: Get a bike. Your options you can move further. You get a little money, you can get a cab. An uber get a little more money, you get a car. Okay, you have more options. You continue. You get a little more money. You can get on a plane. Okay, now the plane gets canceled. You get a little more money. You can charter a plane. You get a little more money, you can own a plane. Your options continually go. Let's talk about health. You get sick, you have to stand in line at the clinic. You get a little more money. You can go to the hospital. You get a little more money. You can hire a specialist. You get a little more money. You're sicker, you can fly to God knows where, to the specialist. So there is nothing wrong with having money. It creates more options. You can help other people who are in dire need that you couldn't do. If I don't have any money, I can't help you. But now I can't help you. But money it can become your master. They have a thing where they say material things start to own. You get a house a little bit too expensive, Get all these cars, get all these notes, blou. Now you're working for your material things. You're not working because you want to work, or you're working to eat. You're working for material things, not just food and shelter. You're working for that Ferrari. You're working for these that boat you're working to keep that that now is your master, you know. And some people have so much money that all they want is more money, and now they're in some type of money drug addiction that they're just trying to get commas and this, that and the third and they become a slave to that where it's money they don't even need. That's a whole nother addiction. I understand both sides of this quote. Money is a terrible master if you're controlled by it and it has power over you, yes, but it is an excellent servant if you have it. It allows you so many things that you can do that you couldn't do without it. And I mean sometimes even me, I find myself by having a little money, I live differently. Some of my friends, if they want to fly to see me, they have to get their plane ticket two months in advance to get that budget ticket, where I can wait till the last minute. Now I'm going to pay a premium. But it created me an option that they don't have, and that might remove a little bit of stress out of my mind that they might be dealing with. It's interesting, you know, But I know one thing they say money is the root of all evil. No, lack of money is the root of all evil. Okay, motherfuckers that got trust funds ain't out here robbing liquor stores.
Speaker 2: Trust me.
Speaker 1: This has been another ice cold fact from me Iced team. Listening again tomorrow when I drop some wisdom on your ass till then, stay safe, stay smart, and stay knowing that you can make your money work for you.
Speaker 2: Icey's Daily Game.
Speaker 1: It's a production of iHeartRadio, Final Level Entertainment and Oddity, an Asylum entertainment company. The show's executive producer is Noel Brown. Supervising producer is Jordan run Talk.
Speaker 2: If you like what you.
Speaker 1: Heard, please subscribe and leave us a review. For more podcasts on iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. Not every quote in this podcast was created by me. Each quote has been researched to find its origin and give proper credit to its creator.