Speaker 1: All right, it's sauce on the side. I'm Gandhi and Diamond. I'm excited about this episode.
Speaker 2: I am G.
Speaker 1: So you may or may not have heard either on the Big show or us mentioning it at some point in the podcast, which I don't know if we did. Diamond's cousin was on Love is Blind season seven. She was toss it up, what are we gonna? What did she do? Who is she? We're going to talk to her today, but this is Diamond's cousin, so I feel like this should be in charge.
Speaker 3: By ooh, okay. So her name is Monica Davis. She's on season seven of Love is Blind. She got pretty much a bed rep in the beginning of the season because she I almost said that she was edited to look like a bougie girl. But she is a bougie bitch. Okay, ugie queen, my girl. She is who she is and she found love on the show, was ready to walk down the aisle, and then, without any spoilers, it basically blew up in her face.
Speaker 1: Quite the arc, quite the storyline. I think she had the most interesting storyline of everybody. We're gonna find out a lot of the behind the scenes, what happened, why it ended the way it ended, why we didn't see a lot of the things that we wanted to see, kind of where she's at right now. And I'm saying all this because we talked to her and I thought it was great. How did you feel that it's your cousin?
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 3: I think that she shocked me with some of the things that she said, Like, I think you shocked her too, Oh I did, and it is what it is. Yeah, she really did shock me with some of the things. I didn't know that people were in her dms, which well get to I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna have to find that out on off the air, because I don't think she was about to give that up on the air. And full disclosure, and I guess a little bit of a disclaimer. You're gonna hear a weird sound most likely happening during this damn podcast. What is going on?
Speaker 3: They're cleaning the windows on the outside, and I guess a little thingy is like hitting the glass has to what is that called that they're on.
Speaker 1: They're like a moving platform.
Speaker 2: That was just it.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it's whatever it is they've been doing this for the duration of this podcast. So if you hear weird sounds that sound like clanging and banging or whatever it is, we don't know. Everybody keeps walking by and looking at us, like do you hear that? Yes, I hear that. We're also recording, so I can't really come out and explain it to you, but that would be the sound that you hear. Anyway. Very excited to talk to Monica. I've been wanting to talk to Monica. I've been texting you about it. But now I get to ask all the questions myself.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love it, and you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna jump in whenever you want to. Yeah, yes, okay, I hope you do. And I know you want to play a game at the end, So let's just go, is it?
Speaker 4: Gandhi? Hi guys, this is so fun. I can't believe it's.
Speaker 1: I'm excited too. I told Diamond I wanted to talk to you like a Sappington about all of this, because Monica, it's been cray.
Speaker 4: It's been Cray.
Speaker 1: We have Diamond's cousin, Mam, who was on the last season of Love is Blind. What is that? Season seven? Yep, Season seven, Love is Blind? Hello, Monica, Hi, guys, it's so cool.
Speaker 4: Hey Guzzy, Hi, so excited, so exciting.
Speaker 1: Where do we begin? Monica? I would say, first of all, you had one of the more fascinating story arcs on that show, and I don't like the way stuff happened, and then we just kind of moved on from it without answering the gajillion questions. So that's why I've been harassing Diamond to let me talk to you, so hopefully you can answer some of these.
Speaker 4: I'll answer everything. Let's okay.
Speaker 1: So you're not bound by like any type of rules you can't talk about this type of stuff.
Speaker 4: The timing of this is perfect because the interviews or excuse me, the reunions happened. I was like a lot of the interviews I did pre reunion. I was bound. But let's go yeah, no, get the cat out of the bag.
Speaker 1: All right, let's start at the beginning. Why did you go on Love Is Blind?
Speaker 4: I went on Love is Blind because I am a fan of the show. I've watched all the season, never thinking i'd actually do it, and when I applied to be on it, and when I applied, it was the time season four was out. If you remember season four Seattle, Brett and Tiffany. They were a black couple between.
Speaker 1: Say my favorite couple to come out of love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me too, They're amazing. And I had taken two weeks off in between switching jobs, so I was traveling visiting friends in those two weeks. And the season finale was on and we see Brett and Tiffany get married, and I was like a blubbering mess because I remember watching her and seeing a lot of myself in her, although she seems like a much like kinder, patient, more patient person than I am, but she's a black woman. She found Brett and she was like, if I would have seen him on a dating app, you know, he didn't go to college, I might have swiped the other way. But he's so successful and amazing and all these other things. And the day after I watched it, I started getting DMS from friends saying, oh my gosh, Love is Blind It's coming to DC. You should apply, And I was like, what do I have to lose? I've tried everything, So I applied. It's like a long questionnaire. I applied on a flight from visiting my friend back to DC from my phone. I didn't answer some of the questions because I was on an airplane and they asked to like record yourself take a video. So I never thought I would actually get a call back, but I did.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you went on with the purest intentions of actually finding love and maybe stepping out through the box that you're typically I guess looking inside for a fellow totally.
Speaker 4: And I had the attitude of, like, this could work for me, because my cousin will tell you she's like similar to me too. I love I love having deep conversations and getting to know someone, and so like on a first day, and I'm pretty weird because I'm like, so like, why did your parents get divorced?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: And so I thought it could work for me, but everything just kept happening and yeah, next thing you know, I was feeling all the feels.
Speaker 1: Diamond likes to have long conversations into the night. Is this what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: About what? Why don't you talk to me?
Speaker 2: We do talk?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I think it's actually a really cool way to meet people because that's my favorite thing too. If you ask anyone, I think around me, I'm terrible at small talk. It actually irritates me and infuriates me, and I don't want to be around it. So when we're at events and I start getting bored, I'll start being like, so, get any secrets, Tell me the worst day of your life, Tell me the best day of your life. And people think I'm weird, and they'll either give me an answer or they'll walk away either way to win.
Speaker 4: So you're the same way.
Speaker 1: You're in these pods and you make a connection with Steven. Did you make a connection with anybody else on the show that we didn't see?
Speaker 4: I did. There was another guy that I really actually liked a lot. His name is Nick P. There was a Nick, there's Nick D. And there's also another Nick.
Speaker 1: Actually no, we'll talk about that later, but go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 4: I liked Nick P.
Speaker 1: And then for whatever reason, you end up really honing in on Stephen here. How long was the process from start to finish, from the time you enter to the time people say I do? How long is that?
Speaker 4: I think it's like seven seven weeks? Totally wow?
Speaker 1: And what is the setup? Obviously we see the pods. Are you guys all living in a house together? Do you have separate hotel rooms? How does that work?
Speaker 4: So we actually have separate hotel rooms. So every morning we you know, get taken over to the lounge. It's like a studio set. The pods are and there's a women's lounge and the men's lounge on the other side. But well, that was actually one of my first questions when I was going through this six month interview process. I was like, Hey, I don't mean to sound too bougie, but like I'm gonna sleep it in that lounge with other girls, like and they're like, no, we get you at your own hotel rooms.
Speaker 1: So because it seems like you guys get incredibly close, like the girls get along really well with the girls, and the guys get along well with the guys.
Speaker 4: You spend so much time in that damn lounge. Like the girls are super closed, the guys are super closed. You know, a lot of days you're not just dating in the pods during the day. There's the option to do night dating as well, so like you're you're there for hours and hours and hours and you have nothing else to do but to talk to the women if you're not on it on a date.
Speaker 1: So fair enough, do you think, first of all, Timond, please jump be in at any point whenever you have a question to cousin. This is all via you. I know a lot of editing goes into this, because again it's twenty four to seven ish for weeks at a time where they're recording. Do you think any people were made to look bad or made to look like villains that in fact were not You can say yourself, because I actually think you got a little bit of a bad rap in some things I do.
Speaker 4: I totally think I got it. I completely think I got a bad rep. It's crazy because there's twelve episodes plus the reunion, and as you know, they were released in drops. Yes, so my breakup happened the second drop on episode eight, I think. Okay, so those episodes, the first two drops, I watched Live with You with the rest of the world I didn't get I spent the last year of my life being like, what did I say? What did I do? And then I'm watching Live the second half. We watched it la like right before the reunion, before the rest of the world, so we could talk about the whole thing. But watching the first drop, which ended with the very last episode, is me telling Steven he talks too much, right, and I need to have space. Then I have to wait a week till the next drop, and that whole drop is me being like I want flowers. You didn't come with the fireworks with me. Don't buy me, Kate Spade. He's so scared of me, and I like saving my butt for marriage, like you should have seen me. I have. My body was shaking forward like this. I was like no, no, oh, like what am I gonna say next? Because after that first drop, when I tell him like he's talking too much and I need space, I have to wait a week. And during that week, the Internet came at me so hard, like it's so hard I dealed. I dealt with so much hate and so I'm like, okay, next drop is Mexico and I'm watching and I'm like, they're gonna kill me. The trolls are gonna kill me. They're gonna think I'm the worst person in the world. So that was very, very very tough having to process it all live. What's hard is like all of as you know, all of those things I said, I actually said right like I wouldn't take it back. But it's not scripted, it's not edited and cut in a weird way. You're just missing a lot of context. You're missing like when I tell Stephen he's talking too much. At this point, production had to like jump into many of our conversations and be like, Stephen, let Monica answer the question, like Monica's not getting a chance to spee so and that.
Speaker 1: That he's talking too much, and they're still just setting it up like you're the bitch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Do.
Speaker 1: You have any beef with any of the producers?
Speaker 4: No? I love listen In the end. Our season was really different from other seasons because a lot of couples broke up before the altar. Like most past seasons, you get to the altar and you say yes or no. We had four out of six couples, if you include Brittany and Leo, five out of seven couples break up before getting to the altar. I'm not an angel, I've never pretended to be, so I knew that they were going to have to make the relationship breakdown makes sense. So for me, Marissa, Hannah, and Alex, like, it wasn't an easy ride because we all broke up, so like they can't show, oh, this is a perfect relationship because they weren't perfect relationships.
Speaker 1: You look like a bit of a villain. I think by the end, though, especially after the reunion, I think that you had some redemption. I hope you feel like you had some redemption, and I would imagine the internet is not as hard on you as they were initially. But what about the rest, like Leo? Was Leo as bad as he seemed, because that man, to me was insufferable from episode one or two with the amount that he was talking about his money.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I'm not kidding you at all. If you got to know him in person or even met him once, he's awesome, Like he's so cool and wonderful, and also like I like him a lot because he is very self aware, Like he's like, fuck, I did talk. Oh sorry, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be crushing. I apologize, okay, but he's like he's like, I didn't know that I talked about money so much and I sound like such a d bag. And like I think every person who has a little bit of self awareness in them watching the show back, they're like, okay, there, I'm not there are things that I can fix, even me watching myself back. So Leo's actually really really cool. I didn't get to know him very well in the Pods, we didn't date for more than a day or two, but getting to know him since while the show's been out, you know, afterwards, I've been asked a lot about him in interviews, and so there's been conversation about like, hey, I'm just being honest, and he's like, please be honest. I did gas light Hannah say exactly how you feel like, I'm not mad at you.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: So he's been so awesome.
Speaker 1: I completely forgot about that interaction between him and Hannah. Hannah, she didn't come off super well and a lot of it either. Did she deserve it?
Speaker 4: My girl got she's getting She's getting it heavy. I don't she's getting it really bad. I don't think she deserves at all the hate that she's getting. You spend so much time with the people on the cast, but at the end of the day, I'm not in the rooms with her and when they're having private conversations behind closed doors. What I will say is I was very surprised watching Hannah and Nick's relationship play out as a viewer because my real life experience, and I talk about this at the reunion, was I didn't think Nick was that into Hannah. I thought that it would actually be a rougher ride for Nick, but you know, the way they made.
Speaker 1: A book was wild. I was very surprised when Hannah met Nick at Hannah's reaction, especially right after she said, my worst nightmare would be if he meets me and doesn't like what he sees. And then she meets him and clearly don't like what she sees. But this is my question about Nick. Everybody was talking about how he was such a smooth talker and he was so charming, like mister steel your girl type of energy. Where was that? Did they edit it out? Because I didn't see it.
Speaker 4: It was insane, like his energy. I wish that everyone could do the pods part of the experiment and then see people for the first time after talking to them, almost like if they gave you an option as a viewer to watch watch it with goggles on and then when the reveals happened, take your goggles off or something, because I think you would. I mean, Nick, I was like, oh my god, he's going to break my heart, even though like he was just such a smooth talker, so confident, so reassuring, and like smooth, sexy strong, like everything about him was like hot and bothered. Truly. All the girls were like, he's going to be like the really hot one that's probably going to break someone's heart is what we thought before you know seeing him, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: But let's get back to you and calling it off very dramatic.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 1: You get through the pods, you and Stephen meet, he proposes, then you go to Mexico. Things were okay in Mexico or no, they're okay. Yeah, it was an accurate representation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was pretty accurate. Like we were both really exilix, you know, excited and into it, but definitely working out some I hate when I talk about him now I can't say the word kinks, but working out some kings. But yeah, we were really happy and like thought we were definitely headed to the altar at that point for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, then you leave Mexico and you go to the apartment that you guys share while you're sort of getting to the point of the marriage, the actual vows walking down the aisle and you catch him sexting somebody from a time when he was allegedly at a sleep study. How did you catch him? How did you get into that phone because they kind of just glossed over that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people are so confused by that.
Speaker 1: So I was confused by that. I was like, Diamond, Yeah.
Speaker 4: So like, so for the Pods in Mexico, you have cameras on you a lot. Obviously, like not twenty four to seven. It's not a show where there's like cameras in your room at all times, but there's cameras on you a lot. When you get back to DC and you start living together, every cast member and crew member gets two days off a week. So I've heard I've seen a lot of things online and we've all heard a lot about how things in our season feel clunky, and like what happened with Tim and alex Is fight and Monic and Stein's text and we got two days off of a week of the week. So the day that I happened to find these texts on Steven's phone is a day that we weren't filming, of course, but of course, essentially that day, Taylor and Garrett had texted all of us couples because we were all living in the same apartment building in Arlington, Virginia, and they texted and said, hey, guys, we're baking fall goods. Right, this was like October of last year. We're going to bring them by to each of you later today, we'll text you. So Steven and I are having a great night in the apartment. Was like so happy to have a day off from filming, and we're like laughing, having a great time and all. He goes to step into the bathroom and as soon as he does, randomly his phone Night's up and I see Garrett's name and it's like, hey, man, we're going to drop off the stuff soon. Are you guys home? So I was like, oh, hey, babe, Garrett just texted. I'm going to text them back. Like I didn't even think twice of anything. Stephen always told me that there's no phone issue or you know. So I just picked it up and I was like, oh, I'm going to text him back, and I'm like yelling to him that. And when I go to do that, all of a sudden, there's a girl's name there. And I trusted Stephen so much in term, like I never in a million years would have thought you would have done what he did. So I almost didn't even click her name. Something in my gut told me to and I clicked it and boom goes the dynamite.
Speaker 1: So it's all the creepy, grossichy stuff.
Speaker 4: There was a lot Like I he was in the bathroom still I'm, when I say, shocked, like incredibly shocked, like cannot even process what's happening. I leave the kitchen and go step into the bedroom with his phone and I'm scrolling and I'm reading, and I'm scrolling and I'm scrolling, I'm scrolling score and they go way way back, like way way way back. But what's really difficult is right after that production comes, camera crews come. You see some of the fallouts, some of it. I even five seconds after it all happened, and I confronted him the next day. I had a really hard time remembering the details of what I thought, even though I read it in detail. I guess my body was actually experiencing extreme Like I couldn't even remember the girl's name truly. Like production was like, just tell us, like, what's tring? And I was like, I don't remember guys. So but they were very skinky, very dirty. I don't remember there being pictures. But also I can't totally trust myself on that fact.
Speaker 1: So in the reunion when he said, oh, I only talked to her on this one night. It was just coincidentally that one night, and she saw everything that was a lie.
Speaker 4: He did not only talk to her that one night.
Speaker 1: Touching really quickly on what you just said about, like the word kinks. Now you have to be careful with it. How did your family react to you saying on camera you're saving your butt for marriage.
Speaker 4: We don't talk about it. What you don't know about it?
Speaker 1: Did you never brought this up?
Speaker 2: No, because this is not the first time I've heard this.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, like I say that, like my cousins and my sisters and stuff. That's different. I'll talk about this up all day. But like my parents, my dad hasn't watched it all, thank god. And my mom she's like watching it is so supportive. But I literally ran downstairs when I saw that scene where he talks about sticking his you know what and mac and cheese and I'm saying my back. I was like, hey, there's a scene where I'm sitting on a couch in a grate. Just fast forward, do that please, it's very sexual. And she was like, okay, oh that's hard.
Speaker 1: Wow, thank you, and you trusted them to do it. I don't I would. I don't even know if I'd be able to tell my parents I was on the show. Just they can never they can never watch it because I would be very uncomfortable. But the cousins are safe, Okay, Steven got I can't say he got a bad reputation for it, but it did. It did seem that he was a little more interested and that was more important to him as time went on than in the beginning. When you guys are in the pods just talking about life and everything. Then you get out of the pods and he's like, well, oh, you have sex all the time? What's going on?
Speaker 4: One hundred percent? One hundred percent that was my experience. It felt like there's obviously a lot of things you guys also didn't see in terms of him talking sexually, and that was probably for me, even starting in Mexico, the biggest just it was turning me off, like I'm a whole woman, like I don't really, I don't like, why are we making sex jokes all night? Like weird? It's just it's not my style and not going to be flowers on top of that, right, come on, look alive. Yeah. I felt he was starting to be like Breadcrumby. I don't not in like a you know, little hints like are you down with that?
Speaker 3: Are you down with that?
Speaker 4: Do you think that's cool? Or would you let me do that to you?
Speaker 1: You know the way you just said that made me want to puke a little. Would you let me do that to you?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: That's how it felt. I was like, no, the answer.
Speaker 1: Is now okay. So then the question I think everybody wants to know is you were very shocked that he did this to you, but he told you that he had done this to somebody else in the past. What was it that made you think, ah, this is going to be different.
Speaker 4: That was my first watching that conversation between him and I and the Pods where he tells me that that was my first experience with like, oh shit, this is coming off not the exact way that I experienced it in real life. Like you hear him tell me that he, you know, cheated, but there was so much more to the conversation. You also hear me say at one point where he says, you know, I cheated, and I say, I'm so sorry. I want to confirm I would never in a millionaire or status someone, I'm so sorry when they told me they cheated. Okay, it was it was how hard he worked and when he got caught, and the work that he put into it, how terrible he felt, how bad he beat him himself up, and like, you know, yeah, I've I've evolved a lot as an adult. When I was twenty seven, if someone told me they cheated, like ever, I'd be like no, no, no. But now I'm like, let's talk about it. It's not it's not something I'm looking for as a partner, but like I have questions, like you did it once, how you know?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: How do you feel now? How do you get caught? So we talked through it, and he'd done a lot of work and it was like the biggest regret of his life. And I felt totally comped. And I, by the way, throughout my entire time filming, I talked a lot about how much I've been cheated on and like these crazy experiences I've had with cheating, which my cousin knows all do well and so and I was almost afraid that was gonna be my storyline. And so we talked about that so much, and he promised to always really protect me in that way, and that was nothing I ever had to worry about. So when I say I truly had no idea that that would be how things founded, I really hadn't. I would have never expected that.
Speaker 1: I actually I felt really bad for you when you said you took this experience for me, because you could have very much found somebody else. Maybe you would have ended up connecting with Nick, was it, p Yeah, maybe that would have happened.
Speaker 4: We actually dated afterwards, did you. No one knows that.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's exclusive Monica and he dated. Okay, so that didn't end up working out, But you were right, And I thought, Wow, that is so shitty of him to have done that and taken that experience from her when he knew all along that he was gonna be a little shithead about whatever it's in your history and now in your present and most likely in his future. That was crappy. And I know a few people sort of went through that same thing, even Marissa with Ramses. It was like, if you all of a sudden thought, oh, marriage isn't for me, and I don't know if I want to do this? Why are you here? How do you guys not want to punch these people in the face.
Speaker 4: I think that would I think that with Stephen and Ramsas, I do think it's a little bit different because Ramses actually did what you're supposed to do in the experiment, and it's like you get to know someone, you get to know them well, but it doesn't mean you have to get married. If he wanted to follow the experiment truly all the way through, and it would have ended up doing Marissa pretty dirty, he could have gone to the altar and said no, and that's what a lot of people have done in the past and what you know, so he did her assault. Stephen, on the other hand, was sloppy, messy, disingenuous, fraudulent, and I just think that it's really it's really different.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the fraudulent part. Because one of the things that I was so appalled about, because I'm texting Diamond as this is going on, did that man have a job or not? Because I don't believe that he had a job. I know he said he lost the job because he took so much time to come and do this experiment that when he came back he thought he was going to have work and they told him, oh, you don't have work. Did he actually have a job or not?
Speaker 4: That was when outside of like the kind of intense, excessive sexual jokes and comments that weren't landing well with me, That was the second part of like, after leaving the Pods and being on this high, realizing the actuality of his professional and financial situation. It was very concerning for me because he essentially he didn't come back to a job. And I believe he essentially knew that if he went to go leave to do the show, that he knew he'd be coming back to no job. And he took that risk and he should have just been honest about that, and he wasn't until he, you know, didn't have a job. And what's hard about like as a viewer and fan of the show and then someone doing it. The thing that I never really understood that I can appreciate so much more deeply now is it's hard to understand that like, when you get back from Mexico, you literally have a wedding date in three weeks. You've already picked out your music, your flowers, your bridesmaid's dresses, you sent them a guest list of everyone who's coming, Like, so you get back and you get your phone back, and you know, people like Diamond or my sisters and my mom are like, holy shit, you're engaged. We have a wedding in three weeks, Like should we fly in this day for your bachelorette? Should we do that? So all of this and you're filming and you're doing dates and like it is so hard to process everything, and it's so for me. It was like, you have not been honest and I'm supposed to be getting married to you in a couple of weeks or walking down the aisle to say yes or no in a few weeks. Like it felt like a lot more information should have been divulged sooner, and it was. It was very scary.
Speaker 1: Is he working now? Do we know?
Speaker 4: I have no idea. We're not, we're not, we're not on speaking terms post reunions. You thank you. It feels really nice.
Speaker 1: Would you go on another dating show?
Speaker 4: Well? No, because I'm madly in love with my boyfriend right, So no, I wouldn't do another dating show if you were single? Would you do another dating show? Or was this enough? And you're all set? I guess like, honestly, I wouldn't say no. I loved it I took so much from it and it was such a cool experience and like you know, meeting the women and it's like free therapy. You know, you're doing these interviews. You guys don't get to see a lot of like these deep interviews that we do, talking about like our past traumas and what we've been through. And I just I'm someone who like has leads, tries to lead life with so much gratitude. So I just felt so grateful to be there and be doing this like once in a lifetime thing, and so I would probably do it again.
Speaker 1: Okay, And after you do something.
Speaker 4: Like that, let's be honest, Like I love my boyfriend so much, he's amazing. But then you have like guys who pretty much every other day are asking me to marry them in my dms and like being in touch.
Speaker 1: So you know, I have so many questions about how it works out. When you guys are in your room, you're in your bed, people start making out and maybe it starts getting to a point of your going to hook up. That's what the cameras are showing. Are there humans in there or do they set up.
Speaker 4: Cameras there's humans in there?
Speaker 1: There are humans in there watching you guys roll around in a bed of rose metals. Oh my god, yeah, I don't think I can do. That's where I would be like, and I'm out.
Speaker 4: I'm out. It's crazy how comfortable you get with the cameras because they're really out of your way. And after the pods, every couple has their own dedicated crew, So Steven and I had our own producer, you know, couple camera people, lighting people, audio people, so you get to know your crew really well. You get really comfortable with them, probably too comfortable with them. It's crazy how comfortable you get. The most uncomfortable thing camera wise is the reveal. You know, so many people were like Mona, go like this girl's so annoying. She's whispering. And I'm like, yeah, because I walked into this hallway and this guy's kissing me and I'm okay with him kissing me. But like there's cameras everywhere, and I think I was like, oh, I can't hear, but they can hear everything. I just sound like I'm whispering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just forget.
Speaker 4: I'm just like, oh my god, I don't want them to hear what I'm saying. But I forget that my make song.
Speaker 1: So do they leave at a certain point.
Speaker 4: You know, they don't sit there? They eventually leave. Yeah, they eventually leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, hold on time, all guys, We're going to pack up all the equipment. If you can just pause, we're gonna leave and you can get back to.
Speaker 4: It and then you guys can continue.
Speaker 1: So awkward, Okay, you mentioned you're in love. You have a new man. How did you meet him? I guess he's not new at this point. You guys been together for a while.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we started dating in January. I actually met him in twenty twenty two, so before I left for the show, we dated like casually for four or five months, never like in a relationship for boyfriend and girlfriend, but we dated and we met through hine. We broke up, well, we didn't break up. We stopped seeing each other in January of twenty twenty three, and then I left for the show in October of twenty twenty three. But before I left for the show, listen, I was like, I was single, and I was out and having fun and doing what you do when you're single. But I didn't I didn't act like seriously. I was very focused on the process, It was actually like, it's a crazy process applying to be on a reality show, and it took up quite a bit of my time on top of having a full time job. Like this week you're talking to a psychologist, and this week it's a personality test, and this week we need you to send us pictures of you, you know, with the alien friends. And so after I just was saying, until I got engaged on a show.
Speaker 1: So when you say you guys didn't break up, but you stopped seeing each other in January, what does that mean one of you goes to the other one or you just decided we're going to go our separate ways.
Speaker 4: I think at that point I was ready for something like more committed, okay, And I got the vibe really quickly that he wasn't ready for that okay, And so I was like, all right, well I'm going to move on. And it was actually really hard to do because I literally had such strong feelings for him, and I always kind of thought we were meant to be, and I had. When I met him, I had just come out of another very serious relationship, and I met him a lot more quickly than I typically would move on. So for those like four or five months. When we were dating casually, I wasn't my typical Monica where it was like after two or three months, I'd be like, hey, what's going on here? I was still healing from that breakup. I moved across the country for that past past relationship. I was going through a lot, So being casual actually worked really well for me. And then you know, after a few months, I was like, Okay, I'm ready, and I was just kind of surprised when he was like, oh, you don't want more time, Like do we really wanted to? So I was like, all right, I.
Speaker 1: Got engaged and then called off an engagement, and now you're back with this guy. So let's talk about Internet detectives. How is that working out for you? One the I would assume somewhat newfound attention from strangers, But two are they digging into your background and now your boyfriend's background and making anything there weird? Because I saw them do it with everybody on the show.
Speaker 4: Absolutely they are and I and it's to be expected. I think, like I am very honest. Note bit about my boyfriend and I have passed, Like Diamond knows that my mom knows that everyone in my life knows about kind of what I just described to you, but all the details behind that, and so it's fine. Like we he's the best guy I've ever dated. I think we're going to be together forever. He's amazing, but like a lot of relationships, it wasn't perfect getting to the point of commitment. The only reason why I'm protected this new like limelight and public, like I would share it all. I would tell you every I have nothing to hide. But he has a son who's like an innocent you know, sweet sweet sweet angel. He was married before, he's been divorced for like eight years, and his son just turned nine. So he's like, you know, it's fine, Like I knew that by being with you things might come out and people might know about my path and that's okay, but I'm like, you know, we try to not feed into it. His son's mom. So my boyfriend's ex wife is the most incredible, amazing person who's been so lovely to me, and like, out of respect for that, I'm just like, you guys, leave him alone, Please leave him alone.
Speaker 1: Is there anything that you want to address that people have been talking about or are you just saying I'm not gonna address any of this stuff.
Speaker 4: I think what I'll address is my boyfriend had you know, a couple of years free getting into a committed relationship you know with me where he like dated, he got married really young, and then when he was you know, out and not in a relationship, he kind of like he never committed and cheated on anyone ever. He's never cheated, but he was. He will say he was really bad at dating. And so people are finding that, like, you know, half the guys on my cast have been posted in those groups. Are we dating the same guy? Because if you're single now and you live in a metropolitan area, you're probably going to be posted on that. And so my boyfriend's been posted on that. Like I already knew knew about it. I know all the details, Like he's not a cheater, he's never cheated, but you know, he wasn't a perfect dator. And it is what it is.
Speaker 1: If people were to dig into my past and talk to ex's of mine or people who feel that they have been jilted in some way, it could be very easy to paint me as a monster, the worst person ever one we're all growing, you learn more. I'm the oldest I've ever and I'm also the youngest I'm ever going to be. It's a weird place. Every day of my life. I'm learning all the time. Well, thank you, and I'm not trying to ever hurt anybody. But in the process of finding yourself sometimes that means losing other people, experimenting with other people and realizing this isn't the thing. So to light people up for that is wild to me. Unless there is actual fire burning, the smoke is so silly. So you guys are just gonna look away, try not to address that kind of stuff and move on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's one of those things what I'm realizing. It's like, it's not it doesn't feel super heavy or intent like what people are saying. It's not like people are saying way worse things about me on the show, and like just the type of like materialistic human than I am if you knew me in real life. It's not like some of the things you want answers to her that you're trying to call me out for in terms of my boyfriend or our relationship, some of it's not true, but like the parts that are like oh yeah, like that that is true.
Speaker 1: I think it's really tough because these parasocial relationships are created where people think they watch twelve episodes of you on TV, they now know you as a person, and they not only know you, they have a right to your life and they have a right to get involved in the things that they think are important and then curse you out.
Speaker 4: It's crazy. And by the way, you know, there's this whole new dynamic and diamond knows this from this week of like I think I'm really funny, like how the people are mean to me, I like want to write something like snarky back to them, or I had someone this week and it was not real. I don't think at all. I sent Diamonds a screenshot of it, but threatened to sue me and said that they were going to take legal action against me because I posted. They sent me a DM telling me that I should die and then I'm a piece of shit. And I happened to pick one of the five that I'd received that week and just posted on my story because she also had in her profile Jesus Lover Jesus loves you God, and I was like, can you believe this? And the only reason I actually responded and ended up taking it down after a while, is because she claimed to be a minor. But you know how these wook I have an entire team behind me, like Netflix and my production company, and we have legal and all that, so of course everything that I'm doing is by the book. And so they're like, no, she would have no case. She's the one online bullying you and telling you to But you know, I'm just going to pretend in my head this girl's fourteen years old, and obviously all the people who loved me were like coming for her. So I was happy to take it down. But you also kind of have to be careful about how you move and what you You know, should I just talk crap about my boyfriend's ex girlfriend and really speak No, there's repercussions now to some of that, So.
Speaker 1: Absolutely I get that a lot. Actually, people will send me a shitty DM and I'll repost it, and then they will tell me that I'm being a bully. People are starting to take legal action. I'm like, please, I would love for you to waste your money on that. Go right ahead, It'll be great. Hi, I'm putting this offer out to you, minor or not If somebody comes for you and they try to bully you, and you want to be the bigger person and not post it on your story. You can send it to me and I will post it on my story because Okay, bullying kids has really never bothered me. I think every now and then they need it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: Okay sending that offer. You can absolutely have that anytime. Back to one of the things that you sort of mentioned, people are coming for you because they think you're this materialistic person, which is where the game comes in that Diamond wants to play. One of the things that you are very famous for in this season is Steven's talking about how he wants to treat you so well and he wants to buy you all these nice things like a Kate Spade bag, and you.
Speaker 4: Say, don't never get me one of those.
Speaker 1: But then we see this other side of you where you find out he is now unemployed and you're taking care of him. You're the sugar mama. How long did you take care of him? It was two days.
Speaker 4: I offered to pay for things for maybe that sounds about right. Like there was a big grocery shop and bill because we were getting ready to like move into you know, we're living in an apartment and like a meal or two, yes, maybe two days.
Speaker 1: How much did he venmo you?
Speaker 4: He venmoed me four hundred, and.
Speaker 1: He venmoed you because when you found out he was cheating, you were like, fuck all that I've taken care of you for the past two days. I need you to take out your phone and then moment right now for what I've taken care of So he venmoded you four hundred dollars. I just need a breakdown of what that four hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Was before I blocked him post for you in he's posted something that someone sent me on his story where and he's actually right. So he said he owed me like I think two thirty five, he said, which I think that that was right. And then when you went to go pay me, I did the math. You don't see this, but it was on camera. I'm like, you owed me two thirty five, and I was not happy. I was really pissed. I was like, you can round up if you want to call it two fifty. I said something like that, and then he sends me four hundred, but it was really like two thirty five or something that he actually owed me, and it was for we did a huge stock of groceries because we moved into this brand new apartment and I think a meal or two and I said to him, hey, like, I'm happy to you know, until you're back on your feet and you have a job, I can cover the costs. The reason why I was like, I will be collecting before you leave is I have an ex who still owes me. I don't even want the money now, but a lot of money when we broke up. He always said like, I'm a payback, pay you back. And then we ended up, you know, a year post breakup, getting into an argument and then he was like, f you and you can eat the money. I'm never paying you back. So honestly, if that hadn't happened, I probably wouldn't even thought to But now I'm like, no, no, no, no, no. I know I will not see this money again, or I don't trust that I will, So I'm going to need you to pay me before.
Speaker 1: You I loved it. I was so happy that you did that. I'm going to need you to take out your phone right now and ven wo me. You resonate with me a little bit because a lot of the things that people are sort of vilifying you for one I'm clapping, and two I see the same things in myself. So I'm like, huh, don't come for her for that, because they're coming for both of us. How dare you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, I've worked really hard since I'm really proud of the success that I've had and so yeah, like I've been able to buy myself why I sell bags and louly bags and all these things. And I have a boogie somewhat boogie personality. That doesn't mean I have like I have a huge heart as well. People out there who like are my sense of humor and get it, like really love me. And I even had an executive producer on the show tell me before the show came out. She was like, Yeah, we're showing this line about Kates babe blah blah blah. And I was like, do I look terrible? I thought I said it in the Pods Like I was like, I literally was like, I say something about Kate's spade in the Pods when I watched in Mexico. I was like, oh, I had no idea, but she was like, no, we kept it in because it's funny, and she said I don't want a Kate's Spade bag either, So like people, some people get it and they're like, that's fucking hilarious. And then there's some people who are like, you're a terrible person Kate's Spade employees, and I'm like, I'm not. I just I don't want it. I just don't want it. You can have it.
Speaker 1: I don't want it. I hope that you have realized after all this that you being successful and working really hard and being proud of your success is not allowed as a woman. You are a guy. And you said something like that, people were like, yeah, oh my god, this is amazing. As a woman. People are like, bitch, childish cat lady.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: So again, don't stop. But back to the camp real quick before we play this game, Diamond, are you ready for the game? I'm really suspiciously quiet besides a.
Speaker 2: Couple of cheer No, I'm just loving this.
Speaker 1: But Monica, what is the problem with Kate Spade? Why don't you want Kate space?
Speaker 4: My Okay, here's how I think about it. If someone's offering to get me something really nice, even if it costs five dollars or five hundred dollars, if I'm never gonna wear it. Then just don't get me any I don't need anything else, Just don't get me that. And so for me, it's like I don't have a problem with Kate Spade, but I know Stephen's talking about like I know, I don't have to get you something bougie like a Kate Spade, and I'm like, oh, like, save your money. You don't. You don't have to get me a y sell or Wi Lee Vutan either, but don't go out and spend you know, a couple hundred bucks or whatever on Kate's Spade. I don't want it.
Speaker 1: Do you have a trashy purse for when you're doing trashy things? Are they all very nice?
Speaker 4: No? They're not all very nice. Like my favorite go to person right now that I'm wearing all the time is like a Amazon like cross body, you know, fanny pack. Okay, but when I go out at night, like I like, I do I wear I like when I say I have my Botega, I have my you know, Kucci, I.
Speaker 1: Have all of which you vote for yourself, all of.
Speaker 4: Which I thought for myself. I love every single one.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of you. Okay, So Diamond wanted to play a game with you. What do you want to call this game?
Speaker 3: Well or unwell? Oh okay, so it's basically a yes or no. I already know the answer to the first one, but we're gonna go along with it anyway. So Kate Spade bags well or unwell.
Speaker 4: For menwelle for me?
Speaker 1: I am unwell about that?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, this is something that we talked about on the show the other day, and I'm almost positive I know your answer, but I need it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Posting your cash app on your socials on your birthday with hopes that someone will send you money absolutely unwell?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, who snapping for you?
Speaker 4: That is so unwell?
Speaker 1: No to me, I'm like, that just gives like the person outside the office shaking their cup at you. Yeah, talk about please help me get some soup. Unless you are in that situation, and I understand people are by all means. If that's you, go for it. If you are employed and an adult, don't do that. It's very weird, very creepy. Okay, very unwell about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. Farting in front of your significant other well or unwell?
Speaker 4: Oh that's hard. I am an open book i'll do. But I am someone that's like the one thing I don't do. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna say what, Yes, Monica, I don't like that girl.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked.
Speaker 1: Do you know your cousin's habits? By the way, I assume you know Diamond's habits for the most part.
Speaker 4: What is she farting in public?
Speaker 1: Not only will she fart in public, she will announce that the fart is coming, and then she will release the fart. She also has no problem talking about this and doing these things with somebody that she's dating.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't care.
Speaker 4: No, I had no idea were having a conversation offline about that. No, man, thank you.
Speaker 3: You know you know Grandma's dad, No, Grandma's grandfather. No, somebody in Grandma's family died from holding in his farts. Go ask your mom.
Speaker 4: I'm well, listen, I will I fart, but like you, just like step away, go to the bathroom, like you don't tell everyone he didn't die from because he didn't tell people that he was. You're announcing it, all right.
Speaker 1: Also, I have a lot of questions about if that actually is why he died, because I don't think i've ever heard of someone dying from holding in a fart like maybe there were other things going on, but the truth we all means that's her truth.
Speaker 4: And I'll let you have our families. Our family is very dramatic, so like I have the dramas I know queen.
Speaker 3: Okay, speaking of drama saving your butt for marriage well or unwell.
Speaker 2: Well you can't say so.
Speaker 1: Oh you guy as well.
Speaker 2: Get it over with.
Speaker 1: Are you telling us something about yourself?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, but you might as well, Like if you think you're going to marry somebody, why not because you know.
Speaker 1: You thought she might marry Stephen?
Speaker 2: First, Oh, you're right.
Speaker 3: And then I had a question because you mentioned this, and this is the first time I've ever heard this.
Speaker 2: Who are the notable people in your dms?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I didn't say that they were notable?
Speaker 1: Okay, are there notable people in your dms?
Speaker 4: Listen? No one like, no one that's better than my boyfriend's Go damn sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that for you.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 3: And then I have one last question because you mentioned this earlier and I feel like we've talked about this or I've heard you mentioned this just like in private conversations.
Speaker 2: But I think I need to know this.
Speaker 3: As a reality TV fan, was there anything that you saw of yourself on the show that has changed your perspective on not only you, but like the way that we judge people on these shows.
Speaker 4: One thousand percent one thousand percent. I think it's very It's just kind of like we probably don't have full context for some things. I will say, I do think it's very different being like a one season, one time reality person. It's different than like some of the shows we watch on Bravo, where you know, if you've watched someone for nine seasons kind of behave the same way. It's a little bit different than a twelve episode show where like how many minutes was I featured on that show? So being kinder, having more empathy, you probably don't have the full story or context. But I would say in some cases also it's like, you know, it's it's different. You do get to know these personalities like they've been watching them for a year over year every year.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I think too to your point, which Diamond and I have talked about this before. Things can be taken out of context, of course, but you still said the thing. So sometimes I'm like, ah, man, if somebody cut up the things that I said and did in a day, ah, I would shudder. Sure they need context around them, but I still said those things like, yeah, so, how are you doing with everything?
Speaker 4: I'm doing well? Well, I think I'm doing well. I'm doing unwell. There's been moments of unwellness. I think that the hardest thing is just like the trolls and the negativity, it's already started to quiet down. I can't wait for all the people who don't like me to like unfollow me or stop what like. I just want people who like ride with me or think you know, And a lot of people have told me it'll it'll start to firm up that way. It's just the volume of everything. Like I'm so tired. I've been traveling here and doing interviews and press and I'm just like tired, but I'm also just trying to enjoy it at the same time.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 4: Also, I have a full time job. You know, I love my job. I love my career, So just managing all of it, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: How is the work atmosphere with this out in the ether? Do your coworkers have they watched it? Are they interested? Or is it just kind of like a whatever. Move on.
Speaker 4: A lot of people have watched it, and everyone in my company has been so supportive. There's been nothing weirder than showing up to a work meeting and people being like, so I'm all caught up, and I'm like, oh great. Last night I said I was saving my bet for marriage, so you know that now, Like that's weird. I got one. I'm in sales, so I got one email from a client, prospective client that I'm working with, and he was like, I just spit my teethpaste out all over the bathroom floor when I walked in last night, and I could have scorn. I saw you on the show my wife is watching, and I was like, that's me.
Speaker 1: Maybe for the better. I hope he gets to the saving your butt for marriage part and we get an update.
Speaker 4: I hope not all right.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. You've spent so much time with us. I've been looking forward to this for a while. Do you think we forgot anything? Is there anything that you want toss out there or Diamond, any questions that you feel like we didn't get to.
Speaker 2: No, I think we got them all.
Speaker 1: You got them all, Monica. How are you feeling?
Speaker 4: I feel great? This was so much fun. I'm like, so grateful. I've always wanted to meet you, Diamonds. That's the best things about you. I'm so proud of her and what she does. So this has been so much fun.
Speaker 1: We have a famous family over there.
Speaker 4: I can't tell you how many messages I get that are like or comments that are like, Monica, I know your cousin Diamond because I listened to her and I'm like, oh oh.
Speaker 1: When we started talking about you being on the show, our text messages kept being like, which one is she? Is it Alex? Which one is she? I need to know?
Speaker 4: Oh funny, that's so so, so, so so funny.
Speaker 1: But thank you so much, seriously for taking the time to chat with us about this. I wish you the best. It doesn't seem like you need any wishes. You are doing very well and I'm happy for you and your man. And if you guys get married, I would love to come to the wedding.
Speaker 4: I'm just putting that amazing. You'll be there, yeah, okay, yeah, of course, thank you so much. I love you guys, love you Diamond so much fun.
Speaker 1: All right, Diamond, how did you feel great?
Speaker 3: I'm shocked that she doesn't fart in front of her significant others.
Speaker 1: I think she's shocked that you do.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what are you talking about? What the hell is going on here?
Speaker 1: I am so not a fart in front of your significant other person, And I honestly don't appreciate when it comes the other way either. I'm glad that you feel comfortable enough around me to do it, but I'm kind of like, Okay, what do you want me to do with that?
Speaker 2: You gotta let it go, you gotta let it go.
Speaker 3: Well, actually, I'm probably gonna stop moving forward because my hearts have been really bad up my fiber and they smell really bad. So like, yeah, I warned people who came into the bathroom the other day. I was like, I don't think you want to come in here. I didn't go all the way, but I farted.
Speaker 1: Listen. I appreciate that. I would like to know that before I enter, because you know, I'm really bad with icky smells. I start gagging. I'm like a child. I don't mean to. It's not even the smell itself that is so damaging to me. It's the mental like the process of what it is behind it. So in my head I'm thinking, oh my god, what did they eat? Oh my god, I'm breathing it in. It gets bad, It gets bad real fast. So you guys shocked each other. That's great. How has the group chat been about her saving her butt for Mary?
Speaker 3: Well, like I said, she has said this to us. Okay, she's been saying this for years. So when first of all, I didn't even remember that she said it on the show, because it didn't That didn't shock me. Okay, the conversation about the mac and cheese thing, I was like, okay, like very weird.
Speaker 1: Very very for him. Yeah, from what we gather of him. By the way, she picked a turd. Man, I understand why she picked him during it, and then after you just see, wow, this is who this person really is. What a turd. Her cousin's a babe.
Speaker 2: By the way, she's gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she's just so sweet, Like, yeah, she's a bougie queen, but she's really the nicest person. She's really sweet.
Speaker 1: If you work hard for something in your life and you have built a certain life for yourself, you don't have to feel bad about wanting what you want when you're providing it for yourself. If she was going around begging other people to take care of her, she wanted to be flout out and all that kind of crap. It's a totally different thing. She takes care of herself.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: So props to you, Monica.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: We love it. I don't think we even have time really for and ask me anything. We asked her everything, everything. Yeah, I loved it. So I guess we're gonna put a pin in that as they say, thank you for setting this up.
Speaker 2: Of course I thought she was awesome for being so nice to her. Of course would not be people.
Speaker 1: I mean, we know about what. But keep in mind, when you are ripping into a stranger online because you think you have some type of relationship with them that entitles you to rip into them as though you are friends and they have personally wrong, you're weird. Don't do that weird. And I know it's becoming more and more popular, so maybe we're weird for thinking that.
Speaker 2: No, but you don't know these people.
Speaker 1: You don't know their story, you don't know what kind of day they're having, and you don't know what your comments are going to do to them. Yeah, leave it alone. Yeah, enjoy the show and move on with your lives exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, text your group chat about it.
Speaker 3: Please don't like go and comment, especially when it's like she said, twelve episodes over seven weeks exactly, like, let's calm down.
Speaker 1: Do you know what they could do to us if they took twelve half hours of seven weeks with me? Oh my god.
Speaker 2: What would they call you? We'll a menace? But you are.
Speaker 1: I think I'd be the super villain, like, without a doubt, the super villain.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 1: I mean, I got mad about something today and I was really trying to keep my temper and my anger and how I handled it in check.
Speaker 2: You did a really great job, by the way, Thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. I don't think I'm a mean person. I think a lot of things I do are interpreted as mean or confrontational, so I'm really trying to manage it. But also, you know me, I expect a certain level of things, and when it doesn't happen, I get mad.
Speaker 2: But I think that.
Speaker 3: You've never been the type of person to run around. Like when people think of like someone being mad, they think of like someone yelling or cursing someone out or something like that.
Speaker 2: You don't do that.
Speaker 3: So I don't think that you should tame yourself in that way because at the end of the day, it's not like you were upset for no reason.
Speaker 2: You had every reason to be upset.
Speaker 3: So thank you for validating yeh, because I say that you have to say and if people can't take it, then they need to not necessarily build a thicker skin, but like understand, right is what it is.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I AP actually went to our boss and I was like, help me with some management issues. He said, what do you want? I said, how do you convey I'm really fucking mad right now, but not say it that way and not hurt feelings And he was like, well, sometimes you might have to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what it is.
Speaker 1: But everything specs now We're good And I think that podcast was great, So thank you again for bringing that to us. And you can follow Diamond.
Speaker 2: At Diamond Sincere on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Where can we follow Monica at Monica J.
Speaker 2: Davis on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Monica Jade J J A D E SOA Jade Davis M O N I C A J A D E d A V I S Good John and you.
Speaker 1: Follow me at Baby Hot Sauce. And we still have that talkback feature. If you are listening to this podcast on the iHeartRadio app, there's a red microphone. You tap it. You can leave us a message and we will get it. I would love to hear from you. Until next time, Say bye, Diamond Bye.