Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. You and I make decisions every day, but on Prize Picks, being right can get you paid. Don't miss any other excitement this season on Prize Picks, where it's good to be right. Y'all already know I'm pumped for week two of the season. There's still nothing like September football when you still have so much hope in your team. Kansas City went all the way to Brazil. Tough fail for them, but we got Travis Kelcey touchdown at least and guess what right now, there's a max discount offer where projection lines are at the minimum.
Speaker 2: Prize Picks is simple and easy to use.
Speaker 1: All you need to do is pick more on Travis Kelcey point five receiving yards, more more more. Prize Picks are simple to play. Just pick more or less on two to six players stat projections. If you get your picks right, you could cash in. Prize Picks is also the best way to get in on the action on sports in more than forty states, including California, Texas, and Georgia. Download the app today use Coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's cod Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup prize picks.
Speaker 2: It's good to be right.
Speaker 1: We're back the two hardest working man in showbiz today, uncan Ohoe. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap as the Green Bay Packers at Home go to run their record to two and oh thanks to a twenty seven eighteen victory over the Commanders.
Speaker 2: Y'all know who I am?
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite on Shannon Shark, my partner and co host, who you saw with me earlier today.
Speaker 2: He's Liberty City's owned.
Speaker 1: He's Matting's ratings adjuster, Bengals Ring of Fame honoree, former pro bowler and All Pro. He's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button, Please make sure you hit the like button, and do us all a favorite.
Speaker 2: Go subscribe to.
Speaker 1: The Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We would like to thank each and every one of you for your support and you'll continue support because thanks to you, Nightcap has been able to grow leaps and bounds and go on to heights. We only could have imagined so quickly. So thank you very much for your support and you'll continue support. Please make sure you check out Shave by Laportier and if you can't find it in a city or a state near you, order it online. We'll ship it directly to your door. The best tasting premium bsop Kanyak on the market. If you've tried it, you know this is facts. If you have it, try it, you will not be disappointed. And as you can see on your screen, my brother was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in August.
Speaker 2: He got his ring tonight. He's gonna join us a little later.
Speaker 1: But we'd had a commemorative a bottle of Shade by Lapotier with he and I with the Hall of Fame bust. That was my way of saying bro, thank you and congratulations. If you want to order that, just head over to la Portierkanyak dot com to grab yours wild supplies. Last, please go follow my media company page on all of its platforms. That's shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is also penned in the chat. We've launched a new show under the Shay Shape Media umbrella is Debo and Joe with James Harrison and Joe Hayden. Please go subscribe to the YouTube page Debo and Joe every Monday, Tuesday and Friday at eleven am Eastern. That's Debo and Joe, James Harrison and Joe Hayden. You can catch them every Monday, Tuesday and Friday at eleven am. To wrap up the game, all right, the Packers beat the Commanders, Oh Joe, twenty seven eighteen.
Speaker 2: Green Bay moved to two and Oh.
Speaker 1: The Packers have now beaten TWOFC to NFC East contending, well the two NFC contending teams and back to back weeks.
Speaker 2: O Joe, what did you make of this ball game?
Speaker 1: Jordan Love was nineteen to thirty one two nine two touchdowns, two touchdowns, no interceptions. Jaye Daniel was twenty four of forty two two hundred yards, two touchdowns, nor in exceptions. But he was hounded all night long, Yes, pressuring them relentlessly, and they took him down four times. The Commanders were unable to get a running game going on show. They had nineteen rush of temps fifty one yards. They took the running game away, and they unleashed the hounds on jayde and Daniels and they win the ball game. Twenty seven eighteen. What did you like about what you saw from.
Speaker 3: The pack Listen from the Packers everything. Obviously, Michael Parson was the story. Jordan Love and those receivers were the story there would be heard about leading up to this game. But to me, the back end, the back end defensive for the Packers, Xavier McKinney, brother Nixon on the one side, they were to me the most surprising, which popped out on film, which is which is one of the reasons why I think the Packers are gonna go very far this year, not only into the playoffs, but make that running in the NFC to contend for that Super Bowl championship. Uncle, this is what the Packers haven't started two to zero since well, I think twenty.
Speaker 4: Twenty if I'm not mistaken, and they look phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Not just on the offense and Jordan Love list the receivers did exactly what we expect him to do. I'm hoping Jayden Reid is okay. I think his collar bone he might have fractured his color.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can tell the.
Speaker 3: Way he failed and they put that weight on it. Yep, you already know. But everybody else stepped up. Everybody else stepped up offensively. Jordan love Uh did this thing. Josh Jacobs did his thing. But that back in, that back in for the Packers, obviously not having to the poses and the threats that the Washington Commanders did have were Nuther five. They were Nuther five because they're back in played extremely well. They sitting on they sitting on routes, sitting on plays. Normally that another team, you're not sitting on them where they.
Speaker 1: Know they don't have to play, they don't have to cover long because they know the pressure is gonna come. So they know what Rashaan Garrett, they know what Van Nest, they know what Michael Parkson, they know what those guys Wyatt and all those guys. It's going to generate a pass rush and we don't have to hold up long. So hey, until they show if they can hold up, there's a chance we get a double move. Okay, but were sitting on every statele Hey, we're gonna stand. We're gonna stand back here, and we don't believe you have time to run by us. Right, So if you run by us, ay the coase, youre gonna say, that's on me, So you'll have to back up' gonna play them, have.
Speaker 2: To play them a little bit more, honestly.
Speaker 1: But when you got that kind of relentless pressure, and the only thing that really saved them a lot tonight because Jade Daniel does have legs. Because they were coming, he did not have a whole lot of time to throw the football. And once you neutralize that run, now you've made the Commanders one dimensional. Once you make a team the one dimensional, now they're at your mercy because guess what, we already know you can't run it when you want to. We control the terms of disagreement, and the terms is you're gonna have to throw.
Speaker 2: We know you have to throw, and we're coming to get you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: There were two plays where the defensive back brother Nixon for the for the Green Bay Packers that stuck out to me on film playing all he was playing off a seven, he did his three step breed. He's not even looking at it. He's not even looking at receiver receivers coming off full speed. His eyes locked it on Jayden Dale's three steps went, those eyes shifted back to the receiver, and he stayed so fundamentally sound. He didn't panic and his pedal never came out of his pedal.
Speaker 2: Dude ran.
Speaker 3: The dude tried to run a stop route. Man, he broke on that. It almost got picked going the other way. Then he came back later on in the game. They say, Okay, we see what you're trying to do. We're gonna study you now. Since you saw aggressive and you're jumping everything short. They tried to pump him. He stabbed just a little bit just to throw the timing off a little bit. Speed, turned, got right back, got right back in the hip side, knocked the ball down. Those two plays to me, she stuck out tremendously for me because I understand how difficult it is to transition like that as a dB and having that eye discipline and being technically sound and savvy, being patient to be able to do whatever I saw the night those two plays is easy to do in but seeing him execute it any game, knowing that the pressure is gonna get there man, hands down.
Speaker 4: That backing to me for the Packers stuck out on film.
Speaker 2: Back to back weeks.
Speaker 1: Last week they last allowed two hundred and forty six yards to the Detroit Lions fewer than two hundred and fifty yards to the Washington Commanders. That's back to back weeks. That's the first two games of the season since nineteen ninety five. Michael Parsons generated the team high eight pressures. He had a half a sack on thirty seven pass rush attempts in the second game with the Packers.
Speaker 2: Six of partons pressures came in the second half.
Speaker 1: Look, he's an edge guy, you know, And I understand they got a lot of edge guys, and so you're gonna have sometimes guys are gonna have to line up inside and it's all congested in there.
Speaker 2: But he needs to be in space.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well he can.
Speaker 1: He can use that quickness, he can use that ability to move and bend those edges. I saw the thing that would showing kind of show like a DT at a forty degree angle Michael Parks at a forty two degree angle. Both can bend the edges. But I think that's the that's the thing is O Joe, You're you're right. That back end looked really good, but when you get that kind of push up front, you ain't got a hole up long, right, you ain't got the whole up long. Craft had an unbelievable job at the tight end position. He had one hundred and twenty four yards. The most sense Richard Rodgers are Week thirteen, twenty fifteen against Detroit. That was the miracle at in Motown, the Hall of Merry game, O Joe. They've been losing the whole game, and then Aaron Rodgers rolls and he Richard Rodgers, plucks the hell Mary.
Speaker 2: But defensively, there's nothing not to like.
Speaker 1: Look, he was George Love. He was laid on one throw. He shouldn't have touched another touch down early in the ball game.
Speaker 2: He just late.
Speaker 3: Oh to Matthew Golden, the one of Matthew Golden. That was easy sixth and it allowed the DVD recover.
Speaker 2: Yep, I don't know why. I don't know why you put that much air. Try.
Speaker 4: He looked like he tried to touch it instead of just let it go. Just let it go.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody over there, bro just go ahead and throw that. And then he had another one. He put too much on it because Golden has split the scene. Yeah, and he probably had a probably he probably should have used a little a shorter club.
Speaker 2: He had what club.
Speaker 3: Just just just in comparison, Matthew Matthew Golden runs a four four right, And I look at that play. I look at that play, and this is where I say where I think Tyreek Hill is so special. I didn't mean to bring up Tyreek, but a play like that, a ball like that where Tyreek is in that position, where he split that safety in that corner, he makes that catch and run.
Speaker 1: But that's that's the difference between I mean people under that balls. But that's the different between four to two and four four though.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: He's gonna run up under that, but there's a good chance if he if he doesn't, if he, if he hitches, Tyreek gonna outrun it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: So the thing is, maybe, uh, in a situation like that, you can't you know, you can't take the hit just got it basically when you just let it go. Yeah, because Tyree with a free release, Yeah yeah, free nah. I mean because the thing is you gotta make you gotta make Tyreek drop step, you gotta make him do something. You can't just let the man have a pre release like he running a hundred meters just free go.
Speaker 2: He gone, Well, you asked you you really asking for trouble.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, but you had to be really impressed with the Packers. Look, I'm not overly concerned against Washington. That was a buzz So that was a short week. Uh uh, And that's no excuse. But when if you can't run the football against the team that can generate that kind of pressure, gonna be in for a long night because you got to you got to give them something else to think about.
Speaker 2: On yo.
Speaker 1: Right now, they're not thinking about anything. They're not running about Eckler, they're not worrying about Merit, uh Costky merit. They're not worried about any of those guys because what you've shown is that you can't run the football against out front four.
Speaker 2: So now we will worry.
Speaker 1: About the runner. Hey, y'all handle that run. A linebacker, y'all handled that were going hunting. They did a great job of keeping Jane Daniels in the pocket. They did a great job of when they escaped the pocket because they got got that can run.
Speaker 2: They got guys that can hunt. Hey, and the coach turned loose a.
Speaker 1: The dogs don't hunting and they did a great job of tracking Jaydon Dames to night. He's twenty four forty two, two hundred yards, two touchdowns. He didn't turn it over, but he was on the constant pressure. Michael Parsons had eight pressures alone. Yeah, bat them four times, so they probably pressured him another, you know, probably twelve thirteen times tonight.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I'm going to ask you do you do you do you see the presidence the presidence of Michael Parson How he yes that defense obviously obviously listen, they were already good even if he wasn't there, but his addition to that and speeding up everything else for whoever they're playing offensively, being destructive, throwing off the time and helping that back in where the dvs right now. But they they looking like they looking like hall of famers out there now, Yeah, looking like hall of famers where it seems as if they're making all the plays. But if you don't understand the game, you're looking from the outside look and then you'd be like, oh my goodness, boy, these boys back.
Speaker 2: There, it's all world. You're right, but that but you can do that, od Joe.
Speaker 1: Uh, you look at the secondary when you had Reggie when Reggie was in Philly. You look at those guys, all those guys, because you had Reggie, you had Clyde Simmons, you had uh Ja Rested Sould, Jerome Brown. Look at what you had so eate and them back there. They didn't have to hold up loan. No, they didn't have to hold up loan. So the ball's gonna come out quick. You got Reggie, You got Reggie on one side, you got Jay, you got Clyde on another side, you got Jay Booget.
Speaker 3: Who was Eric Allens was on one side, right, Yeah, you remember who was on the other side of Eric Allen?
Speaker 2: Do you remember? It was the defense? Let me see if I can remember.
Speaker 5: They were Reggie, Clyde, Jerome Brown, Byron I think Byron Evans, Seth joorder E a Muddy Waters.
Speaker 2: I don't. I can't off the top of my head, Ojo.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't remember at all. All I can see Eric Allen with that twenty one on clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, clear as.
Speaker 1: I can't remember who was on the other side of Ojoe. Yeah, but uh they were. They had a very they had a very good defense. Now you look, he was in he was in New Orleans also played in New Orleans.
Speaker 4: It's about on. It must be on the back end, because I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: I know you don't. Uh Now he finished up. If I'm not mistaken, I think he finished up with the Raiders. You remember him with the Raiders.
Speaker 3: I remember when I remember him with the Raiders. I remember that, and I definitely remember I.
Speaker 1: Think he I think he went from Philly to New Orleans, New Orleans to the Raiders. Okay, you checked that, Eric Allen. I think he went from Philly to New Orleans and then New Orleans to uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And if I'm not mistaken, he was uh when they had the don't the don't patrol, when they had pass wheelings, Ricky jack uh Vaughn Johnson, and they had Sam Mills the field of the field backer Sam Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think I think he was there with them. So he's always had a pass rushing front him. That's why he was sitting on everything. He had the record before drawn blam broke it with those six with those five return touchdowns because he was sitting on everything. But they were they were, they were, they were, they were loaded, they were they were a very good team. He was an outstanding defensive back. He had great skills. Uh, he could take the ball, you know, he could take the ball away. And you know the thing he had great, he had great feast. He was small, small as hi, you know, but he realized he didn't have to hold up long. Yeah, but a lot of those guys had.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think Ricky Jack had already gone. If I'm not being sure, I think Swill might have still been there. I think Sam Mills at that point in time had already gone to U. Carolina. So but they were they had He had a he cut his teeth over in Philly. That's where you know, most of the people remember him from. But he had an outstanding career. Jeordan Love finish nine to fifteen, one hundred and seventy five yards. Both touchdown came against the Commanders Blitz on throes of ten plus air yards. Against the Blitz, Love was six of eight four one hundred and forty four yards and a touchdown. His fourteen point five air yards per temp is a career. I'm mark o Jo. Did you like what you saw from Jordan Love?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Because the whole point of blissening is to throw the timing off and get to you before you can get the ball out. Jordan Love is doing exactly what veteran quarterbacks do and understand. Okay, based on what I see, based on Tennessee's, based on watching film, I already know what's coming one did you Love make his points? He communicates with that officer line, and they see what's coming, no matter how much you luffing and rotating and doing all that, all that shenanigans.
Speaker 4: Or we know what you're getting ready to do.
Speaker 3: And when a quarterback knows it ahead of time, you get the kind of night you got from him. When it comes to passing the ball, when they're blitzing, I'm not sure what percentage that the commander did blitz, but I guarantee you ninety eighty percent of the time that they did.
Speaker 4: Jordan Lou completed that pass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where you're you're right on your you're trying to throw the timing off, but those receivers are so quick.
Speaker 2: Did you see that touchdown by Dobbs or the gold line?
Speaker 4: Yes, hey, dude, I'm listening.
Speaker 3: I'm not a defensive back on I'm not a defensive back, but I love defensive back play.
Speaker 4: He did with stick to the outside. Why you even going for the first move. You got to have patience like Sally made.
Speaker 6: Keep your heels on the goal line and don't go nowhere what you're moving for. He didn't even make a move because Dobs did with stab outside and come in and in.
Speaker 1: Your final Because when you study Green Bay, what did DeVante Adam? What rock did Davante Adams catch so much?
Speaker 4: But it got that face that speed out? Yeah yeah, yeah, Okay, you're right, you're right, You're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: Hey, how many time we see Devonte have to run that two yard out for a touchdown?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you better go for it? Right, you're right.
Speaker 1: Because it goes Because here's the thing, O joe. If that man run that speed out and you're not closed, they're like, bro, what you waiting on? Why why you playing?
Speaker 2: See man?
Speaker 1: That's a really that's a really hard And that's why I say, O Joe, if you up there, if you if you up there, are you gonna press or not? Because if you up in the press position, you gotta get your hands on the guy.
Speaker 2: You gotta got free release. And you up there, you let have got free release.
Speaker 1: You yeah, especially down there because you get good oo the man ain't got two three yards go for a touchdown, so he completely he in the end zone right right.
Speaker 4: I'm listening.
Speaker 3: I never understood what DB's as one dB that I've seen that's been.
Speaker 4: Able to do it because he's he's so disciplined.
Speaker 3: Yes, out of the movement is so good where he can be up and press and not touch you at all because he can stay in for you the whole time, and that award. You have other other players that are good that do it a little differently, but they love to use their hands to maintain their leverage throughout the right route, throughout the route and stay on top of you. But you gotta if you're gonna get up there and pressed, put your hands on him and throw the time and off right because it throws the time and off right away.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: We got a very special guest joining us tonight Packers Hall of Famer. He received this Hall of Fame ring tonight. Uh my brother we became the first two brothers to be inducted in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. And he takes a few moments sides of his time. He's drunk. I mean I think that's him. I mean, I mean I can't. I can't see a whole lot, but I think that's him.
Speaker 2: I be.
Speaker 1: Your phone muted, your phone can't Somebody tell Jamie that his phone is muted.
Speaker 4: He gonna get it. He working on it. He working on it, He working on it.
Speaker 2: No, it's just see he like me.
Speaker 1: He can't work. He can't work technology either. No, we can't hear you broight.
Speaker 2: How about now?
Speaker 7: Yeah you go, oh girl, my jacket?
Speaker 2: Please? How about now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh you Oh you just got in the car. So you at the hotel?
Speaker 7: Now yeah, I just got I just got to the hotel.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well you are you in Green Bay? You in Appleton? I'm in Green Bay.
Speaker 7: Bride just left the game, Okay, I just left the game.
Speaker 1: So you get your ring. So now this is this is the final piece. You got the you got the uh, you got the call. Uh when we were in and came down to Atlanta. Uh, you get fitted, you go to you know all that stuff, to the Super Bowl. You get fitted, and then all the build up to it, you get your the the ceremony, the induction in August. And now this is the final piece in front of those stands that you cut your teeth and you made a name, and you made the Sharp family the first Sharp and you made us proud.
Speaker 2: So now after you've had all.
Speaker 1: This opportunity, you had the better parts of seven months to absorb this.
Speaker 2: What did this moment finally mean? Had to finally hit you? Now? Really?
Speaker 7: You know, the thing is is one of those things, just the line of what has to happen kind of thing, you know how you know how it goes. We went through this, We went through this when you went through it. You know, we went through the whole. We went through the whole. You know, this is what we have to do. This is where you have to be, This is what you're gonna get. So it's just another step in the process, man, And I just look at it that way. I don't look at it as you know, my career ended in nineteen ninety four. You know, my football was done in nineteen ninety four. And this is just an extenuation of you know, being able to come back and stand in front of the fans that I've light in front of to let them know that I appreciate them, you know, to get a ring that that is ten times too big to wear, everything.
Speaker 2: To do anything with.
Speaker 7: But you know, it was a good time. I got I got Susan some here. They're right there there they go right there there there there.
Speaker 2: Hey, sus there they go. Is that hold on? Is that south of the denment? Verman? Right here there you go, right right there, hey Vern. Yeah.
Speaker 7: But hey, sus Yeah, we see we we were doing you know, it was good. We we got a chance to come back and do that and uh and just be so.
Speaker 2: I mean, you gotta well think about it, man.
Speaker 1: I don't know when was the last time Susan was back in Green Bay.
Speaker 7: Two thousand and four, Yeah, two thousand and four, yeah, two four, yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's been a while.
Speaker 1: It has been if you hadn't been back since what you went to the ring, you went to the Ring of Honor, right, so you've only been back to time.
Speaker 2: I hosted.
Speaker 7: I hosted the first show for NFL Network after they won the Super Bowl, and I came twenty okay, so I came back when they played. They had the first game on Thursday night and I was at the NFL Network then, so I hosted then. Yeah, so it's eleven. Came back for your for your podcast. The first time I.
Speaker 1: Been back in twenty eleven, wow, we can tell, we can tell you just got them elevated too.
Speaker 2: You got go, we got we got we got it. We got odds everywhere. That's the whole point.
Speaker 7: The point is that by games over, festivities over, bro it's time going to bed.
Speaker 2: Now. We all my way back up to the room. What y'all leave.
Speaker 1: Y'all leave, first day, first thing in the morning, because y'all got to go from you all fled directly.
Speaker 2: You got to go to Chicago.
Speaker 7: I got to go to Chicago, Okay, but but no, it was it was a great night, man. We got a chance to enjoy uh, some friends we haven't seen in a while.
Speaker 2: I got parents, yeah, Ron.
Speaker 7: Holstrom, of course, Hall of Family, Roy Butler was here.
Speaker 2: Olympian Dan Jansen was here.
Speaker 7: So it was a good time. You know, it was a good It was a good time for It was a good time for us.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: So we we enjoyed that. We did that, and now we're back at the room, getting ready to get our stuff packed and get out here.
Speaker 2: I mean, what what does it mean?
Speaker 1: Because a lot of those a lot of those people that were in attend of tonight, they didn't get an opportunity to personally see. Some did, but not a lot of those people didn't get an opportunity to see you. Uh see you person leads to your career. What does it mean to you? What did it feel like to have seventy thousand fans or really because they love their Factor player eighty eighty thousand fans.
Speaker 7: Eighty thousand, to be able to let them know that, you know, I know that I'm playing. What I said tonight, shan, I got to say in front of grands and great grands, right, So it was, it was it was pretty cool to be able to talk to grands and great grands about what it meant for me to be, you know, for I understood, you know because and you know, when I first got to Green Bay, they weren't very good. No, they were had to seven big. And when I left Green Bay they were a lot better. And the wonderful thing about our fans is they're not fair weather. Whether it's minus three hundred degrees or if it's eighty six that they show up, they oh, show, they show up. I mean show my brother's first NFL game, I thought I'd killed him because he froze to death. That's how cold it was. And so but The thing was, is he was there. The fans were there also, so it was it's tremendous to be able to let them know because you know, when I left the game, the fans didn't know I wasn't coming back, right, They didn't know. You know, all they knew was is, oh, he had a neck injury. He didn't get to play in the two playoff games, and so he is. You know, we know, God, we were building something.
Speaker 2: They didn't know that that was my last game. I had no idea.
Speaker 7: So and and I don't know if you guys got a chance to say goodbye. And you know I got a chance to say hello because I was the seventh pick in the first round.
Speaker 2: But I never got a chance to say good bye.
Speaker 7: Not that I needed one, but you know, if you say hello, you really kind of feel like you want a chance to say goodbye. And to Diane, I got a chance to do that.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. No, I retired.
Speaker 1: You remember an four you know, CBS gave me the call and they asked me to sit at the table.
Speaker 2: And I realized, and you know, you're like.
Speaker 1: Look, man, you get too old to play football, you don't get too old to talk and there's no guarantee that this position will be available next year. Where you really want to retire because you want to go back and get year fifteen. There's nothing you can do that's going to change people perception of you. You got the championships, you got all the records. Hey, go ahead and take this job. And it was an easy decision for me.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I just called Mike and said, Mike, I appreciate the opportunity. I would really love to come back, but this opportunity that I have that's before me right now, it's just too good to pass up. I had a thing I got, my teammates came back and I was like, hey, thank you guys for everything, but out the door.
Speaker 7: You're right, yeah, and that's good. But you know, when you play, we're all at different stages or parts or reasons for playing this game. I played football because I wanted to, you know, I played football.
Speaker 2: To impress my brother.
Speaker 7: And when it was over for me, and I said this to the media tonight, the only two people that were happier that my career ended were the two doctors that told me I should never play again. I was okay with my career ending, you know, I was okay with moving on. I was okay with using my college degree to be able to see what was out there, what was next. I was looking forward to what was I was looking forward to what was next, and so being able to do that. Man, I was happy about being able to do next. I was really prepared for being able to do next. And I was in the next brace and didn't know what was going to be next. I didn't know what was going to be next.
Speaker 1: Right, So man, congratulations, Man, thanks for taking time out. I know you got a lot going on. I know you got to get packed and you're ready to get up out of there.
Speaker 7: No, man, no, hey, hey, hey, I want to do I want to do one thing for your Uh is she over here? Yeah, don't worry, she's not there yet. She should hold on, man, because I want I want to introduce your audience. You know how I am. Man, I don't do I don't do what's the word I'm looking for. I don't do recognition very well.
Speaker 2: I don't I never passed.
Speaker 7: I'm more of a behind the scenes somebody else.
Speaker 2: Gets the recognition. But I want to.
Speaker 7: I would love the opportunity if you will allow me two minutes, If she's here. I want to introduce you to the architect. On why I came back to Green Bay. I have not been on Lamber Field since the day I stood on that field watching the playoff game, the last playoff game. So I have not been back, but I want to see if she Oh, she's here, hold on, she's here.
Speaker 2: Hold on.
Speaker 7: Okay, So, bro, Bro, this is Kathy.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 2: I met her at the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 7: I would not I would I would not be here if it wasn't for her. You know me, Bro, I'm not nostalgic. I'm not that kind of guy that needs my ego stroked or oh well, let me let me come back and be recognized. But the reason I came back to Green Bay on this night to get my ring, because I told the Hall of famers just send it to the house. The reason I came back is for her, because she has been She's wonderful at what she does. She is very passionate about what she does. And you know what she got me through that he said she would. She was the reason that the party went so well, this amazing party went somewhell. Then you were there, you know what that looked like and how that was. This is Kathy. She made this work and I just want to give her her flowers while I can in.
Speaker 2: Front of your audience.
Speaker 7: Thank you, o cho, and let her know that I really appreciate her. She's a member of the family now, so we can talk to her any way.
Speaker 2: We won't because you remember the family. Well, Kathy, thank you.
Speaker 7: Thank you the reason I came back. And it was a good night. We had a good time. We're gonna have one more drink and we're going to bed, all right, Kathy. Thank you for the great job that you did at the Hall of Fame. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I speak for everybody that was an attendance, especially in my family.
Speaker 2: It was very well put together.
Speaker 1: Thank you for handling everything to get him and the family to and from Lambeau to receive his ring. I personally can't thank you enough, but a on half of the Sharp family, thank you for all you've done for my brother and this whole entime.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, thank you and pleasure really alright, all right.
Speaker 7: Man, y'all lay it down like y'all supposed to.
Speaker 2: We'll talk later, all right, bro? All right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, I know he doesn't bad log off.
Speaker 2: I know he doesn't.
Speaker 1: My brother's gonna have a four surgery on his eye, his right eye he had he found out he had to attached retina and he almost lost the eye, and he's had several surgeons on the eye trying to get it corrected. And this is one of the reasons that they had it so early. He drove the canton and he really didn't. He really didn't want to come because the pressure of the doctor says, you know, you keep risking it going up intol that pressure rize situation with the eye. So he's gonna have his full surgery on his eye later this month and hopefully they get it corrected. And it's a process that he has to spend about fourteen hours a day face down for six weeks. He has to sleep in that position. So he bought, you know, one of those cradle tables like a massage therapist, so he spends the bulk of his day face down. It might be more than that. I think it's somewhere between fourteen and twenty hours a day face down for six weeks. And so I want to take the time now to hopefully that thing it goes well this time and we won't have to have an another surgeon on the eye, and he gets to keep the eye. So Nightcap family say a prayer for him as he's about to go, you know, go through another surgery and hopefully this time they get it, they get it corrected.
Speaker 2: All right, O Joe. But now we get back to our normally schedule program.
Speaker 1: And the other year, after knocking Derrick Henry to the ground with a big head Brown's grant dell Pit delivered another shot at Henry as Thursday, how hard is it to bring us six foot three, two hundred and fifty pounds Derreck Henry down. Delpit quickly answered not hard. It responded later that day, saying he was aware of delpit comment. He had a quote we'll see on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like it.
Speaker 3: I like del Pitt coming out publicly like that. Obviously, you look at so many players that that that played against the Ravens, that played against the Titan when Derrek King was there, that turned away from contact, that shot away from contact, that chose to allow him to run by him, and they rather tack him from the side and make a business decision instead attacking them head on.
Speaker 4: Del Pit is one of the few.
Speaker 3: I mean there might be maybe one of maybe one or two other safeties that really just don't care on that don't care nothing about their bodies, and they're gonna go in there and stick they face in there, and it's man on man, So it's money on it on a mono delpit kind of setting the tone for the defense coming out with comments like that, obviously giving the Ravens bulletin board material, but them having the personnel to be able to back that up.
Speaker 4: Now, they now they got to do just that. They got to back it up.
Speaker 3: Catch his ass going left and right, catch him going east and west, once you allow him to get north, going north, you.
Speaker 4: Already know what time it is. But that's the problem, what time it is.
Speaker 1: You do realize now Deck Henry is gonna go out of his way to see if you bought that, you know what I'm saying. You know you know he's gonna go out of his way and we go see, We're going to see if it's not as hard as you said it is, absolutely, because there ain't a whole lot of safeties that's looking to tackle Deck Henry head on, especially if he know you coming see. It's either to sneak up on somebody, or you hit somebody. You know, he's trying to step from somebody and you catch him. Now he knows, Oh grant, what's the number?
Speaker 2: Y'all? Okay, don't worry about it, don't even don't worry about it. I got it.
Speaker 4: Listen, I got it.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you. I'll take it from here. I like it.
Speaker 1: Hey, whoever he don't block him, say, don't worry about him, get somebody else. Hey, you take Denzel ward because I don't want him to try to have it to chase me down. Take care of safety because you know, oh Joe, in a situation like that, a lot of times we can't block everybody. There's one person freeze, kind of like the punk returner Park Returner. We gonna have everybody else blocked up. You got the punter, you gotta block him.
Speaker 4: I take everything else.
Speaker 2: I take everything else.
Speaker 1: Didn't hear everybody to say, hey, don't e worry about Greg delpick I got that.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: But look, this is an old Look there's no love lost between these two teams. Baltimore is seething. They know they lettergate, but so is Cleveland. Cleveland say, we had we had the Bengals. Dad to right, we missed the pat and a field goal. Labar Jackson and that Baltimore Ravens said, hold on, wait a minute, man, we had a fifteen point lead under four minutes to go. Oh we about to go head and try to do something bad to y'all. Miles Garret, y'all ain't about to do nothing bad to nobody, not if I got something to say about it. But I tell you what number seventy seven? Better do a better job? Would he did again in Buffalo?
Speaker 4: Hey, that was that was bad? On that that was bad? That was bad. He looked like he was lost on some play.
Speaker 2: I thought he was doing the macaraino.
Speaker 3: Just because he didn't have anybody in front of him. Obviously, if nobody's in front of the closest man to you, help your pardon out, look to your right, help your partner out.
Speaker 2: He going.
Speaker 4: He's sitting there, turning the circles, not touching nobody, Like, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Head up inside most dangerous man.
Speaker 4: That's normally to your inside, which.
Speaker 2: Got head up? That's you.
Speaker 1: You gotta got inside out, that's you. You did Other than that, it ain't nobody there. You take the most dangerous man, Like you said, hey, help somebody out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, you know you know what I do like to from from Grant on. We don't get this enough. We don't get this enough in today's NFL. We don't get players coming out and not saying anything malicious, but posing a competitive challenge to their opponent. I like it because now for me, there are a lot of games that's being play at one o'clock.
Speaker 4: Huh, there are a lot of gas gonna be being played at one o'clock.
Speaker 3: But you know it's one I want to turn into simply because of the back and forth between those two. I want to see the Browns that I want to see the Ravens because I want to see what's gonna happen when the Ravens are on offense and they have to run the ball, and it is Grant delp It going to come to the party when the door is open.
Speaker 4: That's all I want to see.
Speaker 3: That, that's all I want to see, amongst the other things that those teams have to offer offensively and defensively. Everybody's gonna be watching twenty two versus what number Delpit will he will one got No Greg New from zero right whatever it is I want to see. I can't wait. I can't I'm gonna be front and center. Matter of fact, I'm gonna be at the sports book, and I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Tell them in the sports book. I want the Ravens and Browns game on the big screen.
Speaker 2: I want Tomber he's nine oh nine.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh my thing, your botte shoe is like, look, I don't have a guy because here is the thing. There are no ramifications if because if he lose, they're gonna say, well, what did you want him to say? No, I wanted you to do what you said you were gonna do. Yes, sir, don't talk about oh it was a game and you know ain't. I ain't backing that. No, no, no, no, no, you said that man ain't hard to tackle. Now, I'm gonna need you to drop some love. But I need you to drop anchor and make Derrick Henry feel you. I ain't talking about no side and jumping on his back and the whole. But no, you said he's not hard to tackle. I want to see if he's not. I don't want to see. I ain't talking about Miles Garrett I'm not talking about nobody else. I'm talking about you. You said that, so now you wrote checks, everybody else got a cash.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know how much money y'all got to the defense in this account, but all I know is that you wrote a check that y'all asked gonna.
Speaker 2: Have to cash.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like it. I like it.
Speaker 2: That's that's all I know.
Speaker 3: And uh and most of the time when a player comes out out and speak and speaks out as you look at you look at me most of the time from my offensive player. When I did all that talking for eleven eleven to twelve years, have a long I played, I knew one thing. Not only do I have to back it up, but I put pressure on myself. I took the pressure off the rest of my teammates so all they had to do is go out there and do their job, because I had ten other people trying to knock my head off.
Speaker 2: Absolutely other people.
Speaker 4: I don't play on the defense side of the ball.
Speaker 3: Now, if you play on defense and you come out and you're talking like that, oh, you ain't got no choice but the short because now all eyes are on you, right, all the pressures on you. Now you've got to fulfill everything you said. Man, right, Hey, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: We know there's no love lost between these two teams. You know they're in the same division. They've been in the same division. Like I said, the Ravens were the old Browns. Now the Browns have their own team. That just goes to show you what.
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 1: Now, the NFL made Art Modell leave the Cleveland brown come and the Records in Cleveland. No other team in the history of moving has ever had to do that. The Cardinals did not leave there in Saint Louis. They took them the Raiders. They moved from Oakland to La La back to Oakland, Oakland, Nebate to Vegas. They're still silvering Black and they still got their records. The Rams have moved. They were in Saint Louis over the Cardinals. Nobody even the Houston the Houston Oilers. They moved to Tennessee. They didn't have to leave that. The Colts were in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: They left in nineteen eighty four in the middle of the night.
Speaker 4: They didn't tell anybody.
Speaker 1: Only Art Modell had to leave his Colors and the records and they got.
Speaker 2: A new team.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there's no love loves of space between the city and mister Modell, but a lot of the people that was there doing that process. The Ravens have been in Baltimore now since nineteen ninety six, since nineteen ninety six, so damn in thirty years. Well, if thirty years, what's the hostility for right? Look I play you know, look, I obviously I played two years with the Ravens, and we played the Browns. We beat them, beat the hell out of them the first two years. They beat us the second year there. But I'm gonna see I'm with you. I'm gonna make sure I'm watching, you know, I'm gonna make sure I have my box on and have my look, my my computer because I'm be watching because I want to see.
Speaker 2: Now. You best believe.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna say, oh, Joe, I saw somebody with an alligator. Alligator mine with a humming bird ass because somebody we're doing a lot of talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he ain't have a lot of breaks in his back pocket. So we go see this. Hey, let's sirk. They got some great games on Sunday.
Speaker 1: They got the Eagles, they got the we got the Super Bowl rematch, Super Bowl rematch, but I'm gonna play very close attention to that game.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, absolutely listen for me.
Speaker 3: The number one game to watch for me, despite the Super Bowl rematch, is the Ravens in the Brown simply because of the trash talk in exchange, trash talk. If the goddamn Chiefs happened to start ohe and to two, well hey, it might be time to hit the panty button. But again, if you if you have fifteen at the helm, what you do in September really doesn't matter because by the time you get to the back end of the season when it matters most, the Chiefs are gonna be in the race. So regardless of who wins this early Super Bowl rematch in week two, it ain't really mean it ain't really meaning nothing.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna find out Cleveland doing a lot of talking, We're gonna find out if gonna be able to back it up.
Speaker 2: The question also, oo, the Ravens, what if they fall the O and two?
Speaker 3: Well, hey, I think the Ravens falling oh and two and the Chiefs falling on on two, there's no reason to hit the panic button. Now, there's no reason because who are the quarterbacks? Patrick Mahomes, who's Lamar Jackson. That's a hole that they can dig themselves out of.
Speaker 1: But also they got to look at them. Look at the quarterbacks in the division with them, Joe Burrow and Aaron Rodgers. That's not the normal cast of characters that you normally see with a team. Because okay, now go to Patrick Mahomes's division. You got Justin Herbert, you got Bo Nicks, so you got guys. Now they got caught that can get great quarterback play. So this notion that oh it's a no brainer. Now, mind you, you've already lost to the Chiefs, I mean to the Chargers, yes, and next week you're on the road to the Giants. So it's not like the Chiefs got it easy schedule because when you to win the division, you got your you know, you got your your teams that you're gonna play outside of you.
Speaker 2: You got your division cross matchups. Maybe it's uh, I.
Speaker 1: Think Kansas City might play the NFC East or something like that. But then you also get division winners from other divisions. So ain't ain't no ain't no cupcakes. No you you they they Hey, that's one thing about the NFL. They they make you earn it year after year. Oh yeah, O Joe. After Sunday's lost to the Commander's Elite Neighbors, explained a fiery sideline exchange with head coach Brian Damon as an attempt to boost people up because he felt like the team's energy was not where it needed to be. I was trying to get the offense going. I was trying to tell people get rolling. The lights were on, the game was all this time to play. I feel like we just got pushed over and everybody was just talking about the attitude and stuff like that. It's just I got that NBF nasty b face us. You know what I'm saying. That's just what it is.
Speaker 2: That's just my face. I don't know. I don't know. Uh what all you what all you talk to me about? Talk to me? I look the same way every time. I don't know. It's just how I am. But I guess I have to smile more.
Speaker 1: He said that he spoken to coach day Ball about just the sideline demeanor since the game and knows he has to be more conscious of it and the future because of how many eyes are on him during the game.
Speaker 3: Most definitely, you know they will misconscrew that they were miscunscrewed your passion, you know, at that position, especially playing receiver. Now when you have when you have a quarterback that does the same things like that, and he shows that passion enthusiasm for the game to get his teammates going, and you're you're, you're, you're having confrontation and what they think is conversation from the outside looking in, and it.
Speaker 4: Just you reacting to.
Speaker 3: The low what's the word, the low excitement of your team and trying to get everybody going, trying to get trying to get the fellas to get to going when things aren't going well, maybe things are going well, not going well offensively, on going well defensively and hyping everybody up around you. Sometimes it works, but when you're when you're a skill position is.
Speaker 4: Frowned upon, it's problem.
Speaker 3: You have to carry yourself a certain way because the mannerisms in what you do, they call it disgruntled. If a quarterback does it, they call it passion. It's the same act, but they worded differently depending on who you are and what position you do play.
Speaker 4: Yes, and especially playing that goddamn New York.
Speaker 1: Correct get labeled, you get labeled. They used the term mild content. There you you don't say you a diva?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, yeah, Well why why can't I have passion? Why can't I want to win? Right? Oh, I'm selfish? Right right? I mean listen, one man passion is another man's selfishness is another man's diva.
Speaker 3: The funny thing about it is we've seen Tom Brady do it on the sideline. I'm telling I, go the hell off.
Speaker 2: Yes, quarterbacks do it.
Speaker 4: I'm not pig. You've seen Peyton Manning do it. I mean the hell off. I'm talking about screaming at his offensive lineman. You remember that?
Speaker 3: Remember that clip chat if you all remember the clip with with Jeff Saturday and Peyton Manning going.
Speaker 4: On the side. Oh my goodness, that happens all the time.
Speaker 2: It happens all the time.
Speaker 3: But when dads Brian doesn't, Oh, it's an issue. Oh, it's a problem when Steve Miss Steve Smith does it. It's a problem when he does it, it was a problem. But anytime it's a quarterback that does the exact same thing in a passionate manner, it's definitively is definitively described different.
Speaker 4: Chris It's always been that way, always and.
Speaker 1: It always will. So we're not gonna change it by discussing it here tonight. People gonna look at it one way. It all depends on who's doing it. Yeah, So that's where we are on back. One thing is that Ben Johnson became known for as an offensive coordinator Detroit was the trick plays, but Dan Campbell said trick plays are the least of his concern as he gets ready for Johnson. You practice one of two things you do every for every opponent. But I don't really care about trick plays. Let's just handle the meat potatoes on an offense and the defense and what we think they're gonna hang their hat on. Let's stop that first. Let's worry about that. Let's make sure we're all on point, and we'll handle the other stuff they made hit us with one. That's that's all right, that happens. Get back to the huddle. Let's get on to the next play.
Speaker 2: O Jo. You give the Bears and our chance to beat Detroit in Detroit.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, absolutely. I think they have.
Speaker 3: They have a chance in general, simply because Ben Johnson knows the Lions very well. He knows the deficiencies in which they have. Defensively, he knows what he can attack and what he can attack. He knows what plays the call to play to the strings of Caleb Williams, and he knows Kayla Williams weaknesses as well. Again collectively, as a team offensively, they're going to have to play well. They're going to have to play well, and Caleb has to make all the right decisions when it comes to throwing the football. He got to make all the right decisions and be a little bit more accurate because you're not going to get very many chances. The chances that you do have, you have to maximize on all opportunities. When we have opportunity for big catches, big plays and touchdowns, you do.
Speaker 2: And then he let one slip. He had DJ Moore, I think, and he overshot him.
Speaker 1: I should have put that he should have put that ball in there because they kind of blew the coverage and he kind of selled it on him.
Speaker 2: And that's what you're saying.
Speaker 1: When you get opportunities like that, you can when you get opportunity when someone makes a mistake, got to make them pay because guess what happens if a guy misses the block. If there's an unblocked defensive lineman, he's going to hit your quarterback in the back and he's gonna make him fumble the ball. So you've got to make them pay the ultimate price when they make a mistake. You got to hit your head on the gold post. You can't say, damn, man, I missed that up. No, you can't miss that, because they're not going to miss that up opportunity. I guarantee you they get a free rusher, they're gonna make your quarterback turn it over.
Speaker 2: And it's really that's the gist of it.
Speaker 1: And you mess around to make a mistake on the other side of the ball, they're gonna make you pay for it. So you need to make guys pay for the mistakes that they make. So if they don't have if you have an unblocked lineman, take the ball away. If they blow an assignment and the safety in the corner get mixed up about who's bowed to roll, or you gotta make them pay.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: And I don't think the Bears did that because they had some opportunities the other night against Minnesota and kayleb Weives didn't make them pay, but when they got their opportunities, Minnesota made them pay. Yeah, and so what that's what has to happen this week on the road, you're playing in a hostile environment. Yeah, they're familiar with each other. Obviously, Dan Campbell was the head coach, so he knows this tendan. He knows Ben johnson tendency's Now the thing is the decoordinated Now. I don't know he might be being brought up because obviously ag is the head coach of the Jets. Yeah, but they kind of know, they kind of know what what what being likes to run because guess what in training camp you stripped. Okay, I want to see I want to see this defense against this formation. I want to see. I want to see this formation against this defense. Yeah, so you set plays up. You're familiar with each other, even though the d C wasn't in the DC role when Ben was there. So but I you know, look, Caleb is on the clock. Has to play better now because guess what, They're not gonna blame being Johnson.
Speaker 3: All right, it's going to the quarterbacks and listen, Yes, there was a graphic. I'm not sure what the graphic what the graphic was. But in their first two seasons, well, and then you look at the numbers in comparison when Mitchrubisky was there.
Speaker 4: And Kayleb Williams a young, numbers look very similar. They look very similar. Look they look very similar. So, I mean, I'm excited for that game.
Speaker 3: I think the winning this game is whichever team could could get the other to be one demention. You know, the Bear's got to be able to run the ball to be able to execute what they want to do offensively, and the same thing goes for the Lions. The Lions in there in their first game, they weren't really able to establish run like they only would with Montgomery and Gibbs. So this is the game where they need to established run so it can open up their offense, so their offensive play call that can be able to do more and open up the playbook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, they're gonna I mean both teams, because Green Bay did a great job of shutting down the run and then guess what, putting pressure on Jared Goff, That's what the Bear is gonna try to do. Bear's gonna try to put pressure on Golf because he's not mobile, and he's not a guy that really makes plays outside of the pocket.
Speaker 2: He makes plays on script. Great play call, he can execute it.
Speaker 1: But now when you got to get our script, rolling out of the pocket, throwing on the move, that's not what he's that's not what he's good at now. And so the Bears gonna try to make him uncomfortable. Dennis Allen has done a great job. He's one of the better defensive coordinators in this league. And so we're gonna find We're gonna find out somebody's going to and two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no matter what, nobody's just like Saturday. Uh, just like Saturday, both fighters Canelo and Bud got a zero.
Speaker 2: Somebody gonna have an l h. We don't know who already got what lost? Remember he lost?
Speaker 4: I mean I'm ok, he has too, actually philopt Maywell, Okay, yeah, yeah, I don't know. I'm I just drew a blank trying to try to do the comparison. Yeah, these two teams.
Speaker 1: But but we're gonna tide to find out. Caleb gotta Caleb just gotta make the plays.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And but the thing I think the biggest thing for Caleb is that is he gonna be a guy that that makes like make plays from the pocket. Yeah, he seems that he seems to like he's better outside of the pocket, making plays on the move. And it's it's hard to win a championship like that. Most guys, look, that's auxiliary. Your meeting potatoes need to be throwing the ball. From the podcast, he can do both, though, he can do he can do both. We're going about find out. We're gonna find out