Speaker 1: Okay, so let me ask bring Big Big Facts visit the new website today, Big factspod dot com, line.
Speaker 2: From the Trap Music Museum, Big Bank DJ, Scream Baby J.
Speaker 3: We had team Big Facts and today we are welcome you, the one, the only, Lou Williams, the big.
Speaker 4: What's uthing? My brother? What's something? My brother? How you feeling well? We appreciate you pulling up on us.
Speaker 5: Appreciate you'll having me. I'm chilling out, how you brother?
Speaker 3: Everything? Swell man, listen. The people want to know where has Lou Williams been. We saw a tweet a little while ago that says, damn man, I think you put damn I miss hooping. Yeah, so you haven't been on the court. Have you still been doing? Did you do the party this year or last? Okay, it's coming up. The party is still so will is coming back?
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 2: I just got to figure out a way to rebrand it. Okay, it'll just be too many people in. It ain't supposed to be, you know what I'm saying. I just got to clean it up.
Speaker 5: A little bit.
Speaker 6: But that's it. That shit was epic.
Speaker 5: It's a good time definitely.
Speaker 2: So you're not retired if the if the right people call, I'm willing to do something. It just got to the point where I was seventeen years in, my kids were starting to get a little older, and my daughter had picked up the basketball. My oldest daughter, Jada, she picked up the ball and her first year AAU she played and I literally seen him play one game and it was the last game of the season, and that ship it was fucking with you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It was doing something to me.
Speaker 2: So I just got to a point in my life, whether it was about my career or being there and further along with my kids and being there for the moments, and especially with her being in basketball and then being at such an impressionable age, just to be there for him. So I ain't all the way retired, but that was just more important to me at this point in my life. So more so living life right for Chilling, I'm in the underground Chill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely. So he's still been making music too, for sure. For sure been making music. But for my exec hat all been working with a keem I League got him signed to the sign to the label one As United, and we just put one hundred percent of our effort into him right now, just trying to get him off the ground and making sure he get what he needed out of us.
Speaker 5: You know, that time and attention that's needed.
Speaker 2: You know, with this game right now, so much, so much should come out, so much music come out.
Speaker 5: You know, it's hard to stick.
Speaker 2: So we're just taking our time, putting a game, playing together and just hitting, getting base hits, base hits, base hits, and then waiting for that big one, you know, waiting for that big hit to get us to another play.
Speaker 5: So we've been working.
Speaker 3: What you think you got more love for basketball or music or is it kind of like?
Speaker 2: I think they go hand in hand with me. I think music was my first love though. I think, you know, growing up and just listening to music in the house, being introduced to so much different music, and I just fell in love with it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: As far as basketball, I was an athlete, you know, I tried football, basketball, baseball, did everything until I realized basketball was the one, you know, but music was always that one consistent for me.
Speaker 5: So but it's still it's still I think they go hand in hand. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Do you think, like, do you think that people just I think you kind of spoke on this before, But do you think people just automatically off top with ball players and music just kind of automatic.
Speaker 5: They're not trying to hear it at all.
Speaker 2: I get it, though, You know, you get introduced to a to a certain thing and you like to enjoy it in the way that it got packaged to you in the first place, you know what I'm saying. So when you try to do something else, it's like, no, we.
Speaker 5: Don't want that. We want to show them you can do it exactly.
Speaker 2: But for an athlete to try to wrap it's that ship is almost impossible.
Speaker 5: You know, you look at it. It's been.
Speaker 2: It's been a couple of dudes have some success, but it's literally a handful, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Like shot Shock Shanty using a long time ago.
Speaker 4: He was, Yeah he was.
Speaker 5: He got off just playing, but he the worst soul to niggas. You gotta add it up.
Speaker 7: I feel like I don't feel like he was trying to be no rapper.
Speaker 5: Trying to do everything everything.
Speaker 4: He was just he was an amusing video of the rapper, but he you know.
Speaker 8: What I'm saying, he was trying to act the rapper everything.
Speaker 5: Every commer he was trying to do everything, but he hit exactly.
Speaker 8: He is just a woman. The niggas just a winner. Whatever he do, the niggas winning somebody chosen like that. He just winners and everything.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but it ain't a lot of them because just like what he was saying, just like what what Lou was saying about, basically a familiar thing being repackaged. That's kind of like fucking Burger King trying to sell fried chicken.
Speaker 5: Like, yes, it's not the funny thing.
Speaker 2: Yes they say Burger Kids got the best chicken sandwich, But niggas ain't trying to hear that ship.
Speaker 5: Do that.
Speaker 3: I know what I know exactly guy exactly. So so let's just jump to that. Everybody who sat down. We had shampet here, we had a big baby here. Who is the basketball rapper go and it don't even have to be somebody that actually put music out.
Speaker 5: Shock So to me, that's what I said.
Speaker 2: You can't like who else they said, and he did. He did that at a time where you had to go buy that ship.
Speaker 4: Music, stack Fire, Steve Jackson and dumb music.
Speaker 8: I'm saying who they said was the goat who in the ranking for being the next Kobe did some music to it ain't never come out.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like, you can give it to you can give it to Dame Lillard. But Dame Yeah, but he put a lot of time and energy and effort into people respecting him as a as an.
Speaker 6: Artist, as a lyricist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's how he spent a lot of time on that. So give him credit for that, to sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 8: Your sense with black Man, what you think the most, Like the biggest struggle is like just even having success, just you know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, maintaining it, maintaining it and finding that balance of saying no to people. I think that's what I That's one of my personal struggles.
Speaker 5: It's hard for me to say no to folks.
Speaker 2: But I done gave so much, right, you know, I'm.
Speaker 5: Lucky for me. I was able to stay in the business so long.
Speaker 2: I came in as a kid, I got drafted i was seventeen, got out of it when I was thirty six. So these last few years I've been able to be a grown man. Look folks in their eyes say hell no, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So my struggle just been having that balance of taking care of your people but not getting overextended and just maintaining at a high level.
Speaker 9: So let me ask you this with and my question is, because you're originally from Memphis, do you think that they should do a hustling flow Part two?
Speaker 5: Who do it? Some stuff you just don't like? You just don't mess with that? Who will do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: Because every time I look at I still ain't I ain't figured out whether it's a comedy or not.
Speaker 5: But I laughed the whole movie. I don't think it's meant to be funny.
Speaker 3: It's funny, but it's also to some people real ship for what they go through.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 2: It's like it's really like a like a like a mimic version of how I grew up for real, Like I see all the characters I grew up around people like that, but like a comedic version of them.
Speaker 5: Though, you know what I'm saying, real, but DJ, who can do that?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: We might just need to lead out on charge.
Speaker 4: Classic.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You you are probably, in my opinion, the best quote unquote six man. Ever, you know what I'm saying, to play the sport?
Speaker 4: What what did you?
Speaker 3: What made you decide to go that route because some basketball players like, nah, I gotta start, man.
Speaker 5: Ain't I ain't go that route. That's just where that's That's just.
Speaker 7: Where it took me.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: If you look back in my I want to say in my fifth year, I was I was the starting guard on the on the sixers team, averaging like twenty two points a game, five assists.
Speaker 5: I was making a lot of noise and I broke my jaw. Broke my jaw, was going to do that. I ran into Antoine Jameson was a loose ball. Oh yeah, I ran into it.
Speaker 2: I ran into a showd on my left side that it transferred and broke the right side of my job. So I was out six to eight weeks. So they needed a guard. They brought back Alan Iarverson. So by the time I come back, Alan Iverson ain't coming off the bench. I've been on that motherfucker ever since. Where it took me, you know what I'm saying, And that's that's where it took me out.
Speaker 7: That flow, Yeah, you touch that flows.
Speaker 5: I handled my business, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I show young kids and people in there, even in even other pros looked at it like you know, they don't. They wasn't where they wanted to be in their career. But I took that and I made it. I made it look like a cool job, something something to really do.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I came off the bench three four years in a row as leading teams and scoring, you know what I mean, and still didn't get the opportunity to start. You know, but I did my part. Every time I stepped in between the lines, I did my part.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: So when you say you to go or the greatest to ever do it, I can't even fight it. I did it for so long, like nobody else in that in that position, whether it's Jamal Amanu or other guys that we always get put into that same conversation.
Speaker 5: I did it my whole career. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Is there is there a lot of well, obviously there's a lot of stress that comes with playing ball and being the star. And I say that just because we all see what John Morant went through, you know what I'm saying, went to kick it at the Strip Club. Of course he might have showed a fire arm and everything, but they kind of like tried.
Speaker 4: To persecute him.
Speaker 3: And when I saw that, immediately I kind of thought about the you know, the living pepper Man the city situation where it was like, damn, a ball player can't go kick it.
Speaker 2: I don't know why we get I don't know why we have this image of we just got to go hoop and we don't have lives outside of regular people, regular people.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: It's the worst for athletes more than more than anybody else, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: But because they want to do for real though Oh yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Rabbits can do with that. But on the flip side, I get it. We worked for a fortune five hundred company. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, openly traded, you know what I mean. So it got to look at certain way, It gotta it gotta be packaged a certain way.
Speaker 3: So I get it. What kind of music Little Will used to listen to before them games? Like you like the real Aggressive Ship? Like I was heavy on the Aggressive Ship. I was big time Meek Meal. Yeah, I was a little Wayne.
Speaker 5: It was geezy, it was tipped. Yeah. It was always a mix of that uh star Leado in my top five.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, he's hard, he's very underrated the lead up so I can mix them up.
Speaker 4: If you was playing out, would you be sucking with like some drill music.
Speaker 5: Or some I just I can't get into. Not relevant to nothing.
Speaker 9: I go through real like if somebody is able to like say that, like, that's not me.
Speaker 5: Hey, so you said you finally got a chance. Know how you deal with people that got damn? You feel like, man, the nigga a little ship because he's saying.
Speaker 2: No, uncomfortable in my skin? Bro, I gave away meanings. You know what I'm saying, like literally and some of that to a nigga like damn, you know a nigga, God, damn, how you with you with my skin?
Speaker 5: If he say that, it's a problem him. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Like I said, it's almost twenty years in this business. It's gonna be hard to find a nigga that do say that. But if you do, that's that's gonna be on him. I promise it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like I did everything I could for family, friends, even niggas that didn't didn't even deserve it. You know what I'm saying, I just always put myself in the position to keep my spirit clean, keep my soul clean. So if I can do it for y'all would But after a while, I should just get giving away too much of him?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Got regrets that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like honey fail company, Honey, honey fail business ventures.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. That that was all that was listening to everybody?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that and that was my fault though I was trying to I should have I.
Speaker 5: Should have Ham and that ship listen were always young. The only thing I knew I.
Speaker 8: Have you think Lord, that's what people feel like. Lords is like believing in everything you do. You know what I'm saying, Nah, we gotta figure out how we're gonna do this ship jump out here?
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: I can't just take a risk on some ship that it ain't no work. Like if this ship already working, it's already generated. Dope, we can't start up. I can't got them be the idea man, Right, soon as you think ship, you're thinking of my mind, right, get that ship to work.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 2: I ain't looking I ain't looking at none, I ain't doing no background nigga, just like this is.
Speaker 5: What it takes to do up here. Exaccurate. Now, like, nigga, bring me a business proof right, Yeah, you got you.
Speaker 6: Already making much how much profit?
Speaker 5: Already get the shark. They already get it off the ground.
Speaker 7: They already got it off the ground. That that niggatta show me proof.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 8: It's cool with everybody, got ideas on all right, started already.
Speaker 3: Good mother with no risks attached to right, man, you'll play for all your share teams and got a chance to travel the.
Speaker 4: World and live a lot of a lot of different places.
Speaker 3: Is Atlanta your favorite places that while you still was out here, or there's another place, the most comfortable place, most comfortable?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my most my most comfortable place. My mama moved me here, saved my life, real ship, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: She moved me here.
Speaker 2: I was fighting it, had to find new friends, new area, new everything, And it ended up being the best thing she could ever do for me.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: She moved She moved me to Atlanta, got married, They moved me to Gwenette County.
Speaker 5: That was the first time I encountered white folks like for real real.
Speaker 2: That's the first time I encountered like diversity, like I never.
Speaker 5: Like real, like white people people like this new world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she put like she literally changed my life with moving me to Atlanta and showing me something different. So is it my favorite place to go? Nah, I've been traveling. I'm well traveled, so I got some I got some spots, I spent some time, but it's most comfortable, like anywhere I go.
Speaker 5: I'm ready to come back home for a minute. Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: And when you're in Atlanta, what's some of your favorite ship to fuck around with?
Speaker 2: I don't really go outside no more. But I'm you know, I'm I'm a consistent magic guy.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. That's my favorite.
Speaker 6: The m Kitchen, Yeah, first named after him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. I'm consistent over there. But I don't I don't really do too much no more. The game getting young on me, man, I'm I'm right there. I'm right there with the girls too, like a little too young for me, just like I'm thirty six. Everybody the club gonna be twenty one, twenty two, So I'm right outside the pocket.
Speaker 5: I'm cool.
Speaker 4: They say anything else, about when I got big fat.
Speaker 9: So look, so speaking of that, speaking of girls and you know, females and all that kind of stuff. Like a while back, you were in the headlines because of your relationship decision.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you were.
Speaker 9: You were in a like, what would it be considered like a polyamorous situation.
Speaker 5: If that's the term. We were just kicking it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but it was like the way it was presented to the world was slightly different than from what I'm assuming or from what I'm understanding it actually was. So do you kind of like regret that decision, like bringing it, putting it out there to the world like that, or are you okay with it and still cool with the way that you decided to have the relationship thing back then.
Speaker 5: I don't regret it. We did that shit for years for when public. Yeah, yeah I was.
Speaker 2: I had two I had two women cause no them my children mothers.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I think I think when it went public, it just it yeah, sucked it up. It took a life of its own. You know what I'm saying, niggas that they don't have access to one of them, there was one, and.
Speaker 6: I think other people's opinions that.
Speaker 2: Other people's opinion. It's just the constant attention every day, every day. Yeah, Like, so would you do that again if the situation, if the situation presented itself and it was right, and it was it was a private It ain't got to be private at this point, but if it, if it was right, But how you.
Speaker 5: Deal with this ship? Like the how did go? I'm just asking for the people like want to try to expensive?
Speaker 2: Yeah they got to start that one bag, two bags, one car, two cars.
Speaker 5: Everything coming to so expensive?
Speaker 7: It sounds good.
Speaker 4: Good, But you was.
Speaker 8: Happy, you were happy, they were happy.
Speaker 4: I think it's crazy they was happy, they was happy. But you know, like.
Speaker 9: Yeah, especially like when you're dealing with like Internet and you're dealing with other people that don't have ship else to do but sit around and watch and wish that they were in this position and all this ship like you know, that can wear down on a person, and you know it just like you said, I'm sure just sucked it up because it was just too much. Like when you're not used to all of that and you've never dealt with all of that attention before, that ship can drive you crazy.
Speaker 5: For real, who idea? Was it like how you presented.
Speaker 6: He's just trying to get the pointers.
Speaker 7: No people, they really want to try to you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You know, I feel like it just happened.
Speaker 2: Bro. I ain't even gonna lie to you, like I promise you I wouldn't. Like no mastermind and none of that. It just it was just energy. They they one was into what she was into. She was into what she was into.
Speaker 6: We kind of got into it together.
Speaker 2: We got into it together, and it became consistent. Okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You got it.
Speaker 3: Salute them. He kept it real with them. He didn't try to hide any thing from.
Speaker 9: Real, Like that's a that's an honorable stand up thing for real real because niggas ain't doing that giving you the option to choose like that's that's commendable, to tear it.
Speaker 4: Down, That's all I'm saying. Like, that's just kind of crazy the world.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a crime.
Speaker 5: To be you, be you, genuinely you you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, motherfucker ain't gonna fuck with you you you like, because everybody's so used to God damn.
Speaker 7: Motherfucker putting on a different you know what I mean, mask.
Speaker 8: For person like I might be the way towards him, be these way towards him, be the way to just a fake add you canna say always right you you, You're a different person for everybody. Every cue you and everybody right, that's a fake ass ship. So if you just be one way most of the time, we be one way and stand on with you. Stand up God, you some little ship.
Speaker 9: It's a me and my Instagram going around and said, I understand why Tupac was beefing with everybody because the whole world fake.
Speaker 6: Is hell Like then that's real ship it is, And he was unapologetically himself.
Speaker 5: No matter what. Everybody asked you a question, you will do that type of relationship.
Speaker 4: No, but.
Speaker 6: Because I'm not a man, I'm a female and my.
Speaker 5: Emotions you have a okay, I'm just being female.
Speaker 6: I'm a female and my emotions are different.
Speaker 9: So like I I wouldn't necessarily be interested in that because I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't like I don't want to say I don't like this. No, that ain't. That ain't My daddy gave me that a year.
Speaker 2: Nothing to do with nothing, Because it sounds like you was dancing to the political No.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just I.
Speaker 6: Don't like to share.
Speaker 9: So me trying to be in a situation knowingly with another.
Speaker 6: Bitch that ain't gonna work with me because I don't.
Speaker 9: It's not you know it wouldn't know.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't trip if one of your homegirls did it. That's what your homegirl doing.
Speaker 6: Homegirl did it with her nigga and another bitch. That ain't my business.
Speaker 4: But you said you wouldn't trip it. Want to stop it.
Speaker 3: I got trip about some ship that I'm just saying because some people will all talk about being judgmental here, that's kind of how we got there.
Speaker 9: No, she's happy ship. Go get another bitch and ten other bitches.
Speaker 4: It don't matter, that's what makes me.
Speaker 5: That's just not what that's the.
Speaker 4: Let them do whatever they want to do they have.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you should support people that are doing ship that makes them happy.
Speaker 3: As long as you get right exactly so it ain't hurt nobody, right. Yeah, well I look at it. So does that make it harder now too? I guess he's the word date.
Speaker 1: Easier for real because it's a lot of women that approached me that think that's how I live on a regular basis.
Speaker 2: So they're like, yo, I want you know what I'm saying, I'm happy, so you know it's gonna come out. I'm cool where I'm at. But yeah, but a lot of women that's what they think. I'm on it at all times, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as you don't through your journey, you have you seen yourself having to make your circle smaller just to just to be happy.
Speaker 5: That's just natural.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Niggas grow up, get older, your kids grow apart. After niggas be club friends, you ain't going to the club no more. That ship out, you know what I'm saying. That's just that's just natural. It ain't even like signs for me.
Speaker 3: It's just maybe like people that you feel like might be leeches, they ain't really bringing nothing to the table.
Speaker 4: They just kind of taking away.
Speaker 5: You see a lot of that too.
Speaker 2: But you know, I think people they'll show that, they'll show that part, you know, the longer they stay around you like what you what you're really there for? Because once you evolve, you gonna start seeing motherfuckers like yeah, I'm with that, or people gonna stay stagnant.
Speaker 5: And just go ahead. Yeah, that's real. That was an easy one.
Speaker 3: What kind of advice you'd be giving to like the young ball players and ship because I feel like a lot of the young niggas like really really look up to you and ship. So if you get to chop it up with someone with some of the advice, you.
Speaker 2: Just understand they under scrutiny at all times. You know you're underscrutiny at all times, like and I feel it's about it's about creating this image. It's about buying into the image of the player that you want to love. You know what I'm saying, whether you want whether you want to be looked at as a villain or whether you want to be looked at as a hero.
Speaker 5: And our business, you know.
Speaker 2: It's sports entertainment, you know what I'm saying. So half of it is who you are outside of the court. That's why the Josh is so big. Everybody love him. If he wasn't nobody that ship when you it'll be a blip on the screen, you know what I'm saying. You see it at the bottom and then it'll go away because it's Jack. That shit took a life of his own, you know what I'm saying. So just understand where they're at at all times and understanding their value that shit, fuck with your money.
Speaker 9: So, speaking of fucking with the money, let me ask your opinion on something like with all the stuff that's going on with John Morant and what's the actor guy Anthony.
Speaker 4: The Creed dou But I think they said that was fake.
Speaker 5: No, no, no.
Speaker 9: But what I'm saying is before they even as soon as they announced the shit, oh no, the army pulled his shit.
Speaker 6: Somebody else pulled his shit.
Speaker 9: And then it came back a few hours later that the lady recanted her story and you know, said that it wasn't truthful and all this stuff whatever, whatever, How do you feel about companies being so quick to basically desecrate the situation with a popular I don't want to say African American, but now the times out of ten, it usually only happens to us when they have a situation without getting all the fa acting, without doing their due diligence to find out whether or not the person was actually right or wrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's just that's just where we're at. And like I said, the NBA is a fortune five hundred company. The Army. They are ship the Army. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: They've been around a long time around.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they Fortune five or not. You know, I know they get money though, but ship they don't.
Speaker 2: They can't be associated with nothing, even the even the accusation.
Speaker 5: You know. So ships sad and it's and it happens more so than us. But it is what it is a.
Speaker 7: Lot of time nigga be doing ship too though.
Speaker 8: So what I'm saying, like so they they don't know, Nigga be ready to run like guy, we can't. I can't beat the niggas sit around like we won't be doing ship we did?
Speaker 7: We do ship we got. It's fucked up worse for us. The consequence here's little definitely.
Speaker 8: What nigga we how the probably believe that that ship what happened?
Speaker 7: What he said he did?
Speaker 6: His girlfriend said that she beat him up?
Speaker 5: Which one the other one way?
Speaker 3: The the other main character one that big Bye yeah with the lip yeah big a character.
Speaker 7: Character from that Mona.
Speaker 8: You know that niggas a visit and that that should have get stuck on you.
Speaker 7: Not saying this, I remember that the character gets stuck on you in that.
Speaker 9: Movie Ship Ye crazy stuck on how not?
Speaker 2: How would you want to how would you want a company deal if you the head of If you the head of that company and some ship come up with the niggas you, is you gonna wait? Is you gonna wait wait it through, or you're gonna just several of your tires with it and keep moving.
Speaker 9: You know what real said? I say because I'm not in that position. But just me being a black person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can see. I can see both sides of Yeah, me being.
Speaker 9: A black person, I wouldn't I wouldn't completely like pull the ship and publicly embarrass the nigga, but I would hold onto the campaign until we got to the bottom of it.
Speaker 6: I would send my people to get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 8: Your name shouldn't be be mentioned with this, so some some some, Yeah.
Speaker 5: You need to.
Speaker 8: Get flat from that ship like that. You gotta be careful with this. You gotta be careful with.
Speaker 9: Your money, man, That's what I'm saying. I would hold the campaign and the affiliation.
Speaker 2: I've been the talent and the boss, so I can see the talent side of it, and I can see the both sides, just like just like.
Speaker 6: Look at look at what's the nigga's name? The rap Nigga n L E. Chopper. His whole placement.
Speaker 9: Was dependent on the job Morant commercial. He had a song that was gonna be featured in the power Aid commercial for the John Moran campaign.
Speaker 6: For Powerade or Caterade or whatever it was.
Speaker 9: And when they pulled him because of like the gun shit or whatever they go with l.
Speaker 6: And it was just fucked up.
Speaker 7: Like why can we do it this together?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, to a certain.
Speaker 7: Extent, I got to find somebody else to do it.
Speaker 6: Nah, they I mean, the campaign is dead, that ship is over with.
Speaker 9: They stuck porking that ship as soon as he got called on Live with the Gun. But what I'm saying is is just crazy how it's like a domino effect of so many things affected by one decision.
Speaker 4: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just hate that. I hate that happened.
Speaker 9: But I just I kind of I don't know, I kind of feel like it was like you, like you said, their fortune five hundred companies, So from their perspective, they're protecting their investment and protecting their company and their money.
Speaker 6: But I just I just hate, I just hate. I just hate that it happened.
Speaker 2: But on the flip Jos said, he responds before his actions, and he's standing on standing on what he did, and he.
Speaker 4: Did very big and very add.
Speaker 5: You know what come with that ship? You're thinking you're talking about some emotional ship.
Speaker 10: Ship.
Speaker 5: Its been this, you know, like, damn, you didn't be wrong. Dang did you wrong? You did? You know what you did?
Speaker 8: Bro that she was in the contract that was Yeah, I just you know, but you know, nigg gonna bump their head and the god damn do what to do ship in the game.
Speaker 5: What I mean the game. They's been there.
Speaker 7: He's back right now, that ship over you're thinking about that little bit of that.
Speaker 5: Ship bigger wad country.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I ain't doing that no more.
Speaker 5: But there be back. I'm just I'm glad that I'm gonna show up.
Speaker 7: But he never show up.
Speaker 5: Now some more money, some new money coming more folks know him that didn't know him before.
Speaker 4: He definitely crazy, right, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 9: Glad he's back, and I'm glad he's in a better position.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they let him see.
Speaker 7: You go out there and do what you supposed to be doing. You're gonna have some most ship cover around the ship though.
Speaker 5: Man, Yeah, damn, it's crazy. We gotta make a positive at all negatives. Yeah, for sure, this is true. This is true.
Speaker 4: Everybody gonna make misticks.
Speaker 5: You know, well we'll be sucking up man, but we just gotta own it.
Speaker 7: I feel like once you own it.
Speaker 5: Though, that would make you super go away quickly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you own this ship because if you're trying to deny some ship, and you know you denying some sucker ass ship, deep down you don't did it like they did. You own you knowing you just the cause of all this that ship.
Speaker 5: Take somebody and their lingers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like you.
Speaker 8: You came to self accountability if you well, you know, because some people can't like no know they line. You know, you got some people to know they line to theyself. You and everybody like don't care and just.
Speaker 5: Hold on to it. You ain't gonna know baby, right. You can't say the counts facts?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that big facts like the podcast.
Speaker 7: Say else about when I got big?
Speaker 3: Hey, when you get into it with somebody on the court, like how serious do it get?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Is it is it just understood? Like leaving them be over immediately over immediately.
Speaker 9: I didn't like the hockey players and ship they be ready to go to the death and ship like that.
Speaker 2: Na, they different breed hockey. It's just the heat of the moment. A bunch of theatrics and get in the back.
Speaker 6: Because they be on TV and ship, I mean just yes.
Speaker 5: And some of them are gonna do nothing for real. Some of them did. Some of them did serious like I just see that, I do see it.
Speaker 2: I don't see it get get crazy like a few times after after the cameras go off.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying, but who got it? Well, I ain't gonna do it. I'm gonna leave it where it is at. But yeah, shp got ship.
Speaker 8: It was real, It was real, really yeah.
Speaker 2: Families involved like one just in the back. Yeah, yeah it got it got real really yeah.
Speaker 10: But ninety eight percent of that ship is cat ain't it ain't cant too much, listen, that's like a job.
Speaker 2: Once and I go to the locker rooms like all right, take this ship off. What my kids doing? What I'm gonna go eat that. I'm on to the leadership? Yeah, leader ship leading where it was at?
Speaker 4: You think you think?
Speaker 3: You think, like at least you stay out on social media like during the season and ship to a distraction.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. Why people think that Some people like y'all think that safe.
Speaker 3: For instance, I saw okay, they'd be killing certain players based on performance.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something, brother. You know how many checkdowns we go through before we get on the court. We got meetings, shoot around practices. You think me sitting there tweet. You think I'm sitting there tweeting ten minutes before I walk out? Like they tell Dremond, bro, stay off off the podcast. That niggas literally on the road in his hotel room. What else he gonna do? He gonna do something.
Speaker 6: I never looked at it like that he gonna do.
Speaker 5: Like so he either gonna go to the movies.
Speaker 2: It's a good thing that he's sitting in his hotel room and podcast because I can't go out and get drunk, right like they've grown me in, Like and we are trained professionals, Bro, We know how to play basketball and tweet. I hate when people be like, they shouldn't do this, they shouldn't do that, because you're looking at you looking at the tweet, and then if I miss a shot, you see, he shouldn't have been on Twitter last night. You'd be surprised what I was really doing last night, bro, Like if Twitter.
Speaker 5: Is the problem for my performance, trust me, bro, even no needle yeah for real, Yeah, Ship be forward.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying is the day I just hear some of the traditional people be like, you shouldn't be on social media while you're doing.
Speaker 9: This obviously just that's just but but I get what they're saying because they try to make the correlation, Like you said, if something sucks up, just like just like with the Drake shit, they said.
Speaker 2: Old school niggas used to shoot whole movies during the season. Yeah right, these niggas filming space jams and blue chips during the season.
Speaker 4: For real, Like yeah, getting their money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 8: What do you think the difference between like the old school basketball.
Speaker 5: Y now, Like what you think?
Speaker 2: I think the game was more physical in the seventies, eighties and nineties. I think the game is way more physical and I think it turned into more not saying that Ship wasn't art, but I actually it's like real deal art. Like everybody is so skilled from one through five. You know a lot of guys in our game from the older generation, they were really good at at a thing.
Speaker 5: They had a niche, you know that they had. They had a kniche. He was big and you can block shots or you could run the floor. It was cool.
Speaker 2: Now you gotta guard Kevin Durant that can dribble the ball up the court throw it between his legs like that's basically like like yo ki is shock on wheels. Like imagine if you see Shaquille O'Neill with a three point shot with a crossover, with passing ability. That's what these guys are now, you know what I'm saying. And so I think the game evolves. That's natural with everything. Should should just get.
Speaker 5: Better and better.
Speaker 2: You watch people, you analyze them, you idolize them, and you see how I can take some of the ship, mix it with my ship and make it better, you know what I'm saying. And so I think the game then was a lot more physical, uh, a lot more taxing on your body.
Speaker 5: And now we just found it. We've just found a smarter, cleaner way to play.
Speaker 2: And people hate that because we ain't out there fighting and elbowing these you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: What you think about what they call them low management when people just take like a lot of games off and sometimes the fans be kind of aggy because they might have bought tickets.
Speaker 5: I can see both. I can see both sides of it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: If I if I'm a kid and I only get to see X y Z play one time, I want I want them to suit up, you know what I'm saying. But those fans and people that's crying for that have never experienced what the NBA season to do to your body, you know what I'm saying, especially.
Speaker 5: When you already.
Speaker 2: Low management ain't for everybody, by the way, you know what I'm saying. Like, we talk about lower management, but if you look at the guys that are practicing load management, are doing it because they got uh They've had injuries in the past, you know, so you gotta you gotta manage manage that ship, you know what I'm saying. And also, let me tell y'all about low management. No player has ever put itself on low management. So everybody be mad at the playoffs. We come in and they tell us the schedule. You know, bro, you're gonna do this Tuesday, You're gonna do this Wednesday. You're gonna take it easy because you knee might swell up and be back at it on Friday. And that's the schedule for the week. Ain't no players coming in like you know what tonight. I ain't feeling that shit. We don't got the option. We don't have that option like we ya. Yeah, so every the fans, it's been it's been put in a way where fans be mad at the players.
Speaker 5: They're not the ones making the decision on that schedule.
Speaker 2: Are we happy that we get a night off every once in a while when you I'm been on six airplanes this week and this is the fourth game on a Saturday for the week. Hell yeah, I might want to day off. Tie his head, you know what I'm saying. But fans get it confused like players just I ain't playing the night You don't, Yeah, you don't. You don't get that, you don't get that option. That that comes from having conversations with staff, having conversations with the trainers, and getting on the same page about how to get.
Speaker 5: Through a season.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a seven month season and you're trying to win NBA championship, you know what I'm saying. So you got to pick your spots when you want to have a difficult weekend than some that you can kind of cruise through and hopefully you get out of it healthy. Who you think to go there, Lebron James. You're gonna be elaborate shit, And nobody has ever had the pressure on them that he has in basketball and indeed, everything that we thought he was going to do from Lebron James has been the ship since he was thirteen years old.
Speaker 5: He about to be thirty eight, and he's still relevant, like we.
Speaker 2: Still expect it's still a standard for the Lakers to make the playoffs with him at thirty eight years old.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like, that's how good he is.
Speaker 2: That's how much he's held his business together for twenty five years. He's had he's been held to the highest center and did everything. And now that he's at the end of his career, you start to see what the business side of Lebrons looked like. You know what I'm saying. You starting to see the movies. You starting to see him popping out be at more more events. He's showing you his mogul shit, He on his he on his mogul, he on his entrepreneur and the dude ain't miss yet.
Speaker 5: How long did Jordan play? MJ played? I want to say sixteen years.
Speaker 6: Oh so it ain't nowhere near as long as Lebron.
Speaker 5: Look, it's in the same neighborhood.
Speaker 2: But that's a but when it comes to that, that's a generational thing for me. Like you know, by the time Michael Jordan tired off ten you know what I'm saying. So anything that I saw with MJ, a lot of it was on TV or right towards the highlights, you know.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like I got to sell I got to see the ups and the downs Lebron James, got to compete against him for seventeen years, got to be friends with him, got to see that whole process. You know. I watched that man hold the weight of the world on his shoulders with a smile on his face my entire.
Speaker 5: Career, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, say Lebron, Yeah, respect that.
Speaker 4: Who's somebody didn't get a chance to hoo it?
Speaker 5: Like you know, I.
Speaker 2: Missed MJ by two years. Oh really Yeah, that shit sounds crazy, you know what I'm saying. But I missed MJ by two seasons. I wish I could have got an opportunity to play against Michael Jordan. But my one Michael Jordan's story. I got invited to his All Star game in high school. It was in New York. So he came to practice and he was he was playing around with us, taking our turns, playing one on one with him.
Speaker 5: And he was, uh.
Speaker 2: He had the ball and one of one of the guys in high school was guarding him, and he pawmed it, bitch like he was Michael, like the real Michael Jordan John palming it leaning back. They said, young fella, you can stop this. Fade away. You can have It's four hundred jobs in the NBA, you can have whichever one you want and put that ball down, shimmy fade away like a real commercial cash.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, like real superhero shit. You know what I'm saying, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: What's some ship about little Will that people might not know? But something that people might not know about all the interesting shit out everything interesting about me?
Speaker 5: Everybody know that.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So you pretty much live your life. You don't be tripping like you're an open book. You ain't tripping on who the Will is?
Speaker 2: No it ain't a lot of It ain't a lot of tricks to me, Bro, I'll be honest with you, it ain't a lot of tricks. I stay out of people a way, hoping they stay out of mind. Live my life, raised my kids. Bro. You know what I'm saying. That's that's about it. I'm I'm actually getting more boring. You know what I'm saying. I'm slowing down, you know, because I found a I found peace and being with my kids every day. Like I said, especially my oldest daughter hooping. Now she picking up their basketball, start coaching her basketball. I ain't never in my life thought I coach women's basketball. And here I am. You know what I'm saying. So I'm just in a good space. That should give me so much energy. Uh, it gives me. It just gives me something do every day purpose, you know what I'm saying. So I don't feel like I'm missing nothing. I don't feel like I'm out of pocket. I feel like where I was supposed to be, living high spots, be living what.
Speaker 3: You based on, like finding a king of lead, what you based it off of, Like who you who you're gonna invest your time and your money into as far as the artists that you.
Speaker 2: Signed for me, I think I think about I think about big stages. You know, I've had this fascination with with with live shows. Like if there's a concert and i'm going I'm pulling up early, I'm gonna watch the opening acts.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna watch the build up of the show. I'm gonna watch your set.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna watch whether you're wrapping over your words or whether you use show tracks. I'm watching all of it that. I'm paying attention to all of that because I love artistry. I love an actual artist. You know, I don't really if I'm gonna invest money, I wouldn't. I wouldn't want you cutting corners, you know what I'm saying. So I watch, Yeah, So I watched the entirety of who the artist is and how much they take their career serious. So when I when I met a King, I spent like six months around them and we was getting to know each other before we decided to do some business together. But when I look for when I look for artists, I think of big stages. You know, can you do you do Birthday Bash the same week you do Coachella? You know what I'm saying, can you be down? Can you do rolling loud and still mix it up with the hipster crowds? You know what I'm saying. And so I look for I look for pop stars.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't want to sign nobody woman inheriting some bullshit. It ain't got nothing to do with me, And you got a bunch of problems.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't really, I don't really mix with that. That ain't really my speed, you know what I'm saying. So when I look for for artists, I look for for big stage artists.
Speaker 4: How you stopped from spoiling your artists?
Speaker 3: Being that you really can probably give them everything and anything, How you stop with spoiling.
Speaker 2: Them when you're in the red, when you when you're trying to when you're trying to do too much, trying to expose them too too much?
Speaker 5: You know you can.
Speaker 2: You can blow a budget on some ship that really you look back on it like it didn't. It didn't move the needle. It didn't help us nothing, but it was it felt good. It was it was a look, you know what I'm saying. It was a look, but it didn't It didn't move us forward, you know, And so I think learning that part of it, finding that balance of knowing that I can, I can pull strings and I got resource, is also allowing them the opportunity to bump their heads and get out there and learn and and see what it takes to build something cause ship. On the CEO side, I'm doing the same thing. I'm learning the business as I go and seeing what type of art, what type of CEO I'm gonna be, what type of type of leader I want to be, what type of voice I'm gonna have, how my shit gonna look, how it's gonna feel, you know, I'm going through all of those, all of those adjustments as well, so, you know, mainly just being just just knowing when we look at the books that it looked cool, but it didn't help us nothing.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, right.
Speaker 3: What's your most valuable piece of game? You can give to anybody out there, bro, Like, your most valuable piece of game and a gym that you would give everyone in the gym.
Speaker 4: No, just a gym agent, gym ship.
Speaker 5: That's a that's a broad question, man.
Speaker 4: Namely to the young niggas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I if I was, if I was saying something to some young niggas, that's that's looking to hoop and and looking to just be their selves, be their authentic selves and live out loud.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: Just just keep your nose clean and mind your business. I think that's that's been. That's been very beneficial to me. I learned early on to mind my business, stay out. Sh ain't got nothing to do with me. You know what I'm saying, And it's it's it's been. It's been good to me. I don't have a lot of enemies. I don't got I don't got nobody looking for me online this and niggas I ain't beat for I don't got no ops.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That ship I live very comfortably in my skin with that, you know what I'm saying. So if I'm telling a young nigga something, just mind your business.
Speaker 3: Man, different different parts of life as a man, you grow just depend on your experiences. I know you spoke before in an interview about the situation that happened with somebody was gonna rob you but kind of yeah, identified you and then kind of fell back. But how did that change? Is the way you move, the way you think and everything at that moment because it got a little bit more militant.
Speaker 2: I tell you that we got we got a little bit more deliberate how we move. But ship shout out the buddy. He never came out and said, yo, that was me. He ain't never wanted no attention from the ship. But he ran up on my car and decided not to rob me because he said he saw the things that I did in this community.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Wow, yeah, yeah, I was. I was in North Philly.
Speaker 2: I was playing with the Sixers at the time, and the crazy shit my security was actually in the car behind me.
Speaker 5: We was leaving. He was leaving the barber shop, and he called me and said you cool. I said, yea, I'm sure. I'm going in the house.
Speaker 2: And I watched him in my review you turn and go the other way, and he did that. I looked down on my phone and tapped on my window, like get out the car. I don't know why, but I rolled the window down instead of getting out the car. And they looked at me said I can't even do it to you, bro. He said, I can't even do it till you do too much for my community.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 2: I just seen what you want. Meek Mill did with them coats, y'all. Me and Meek had just did an event.
Speaker 5: We took.
Speaker 2: Meek had ten thousand, I took ten thousand, and we went down Berlin and coat factory got a U haulween. He was like, no foundations or nothing, got a U haul, bought a bunch of coats, gloves, and ship pulled up in North Philly was giving that ship out and we had just we we had literally just did that ship. And Buddy said, he said he didn't want to rob me because of that. And Nigga said, ship I gotta they said, I got a bus ticket in his gun. That's all I got to my name. You know what I'm saying, So just thinking fast. I looked across the street. I said, brother McDonald's right there. If you meet me at the McDonald's, I buy you whatever you want to eat. Nigga ran across the street. And I ain't gonna lie Nigga right across the street.
Speaker 5: I wanted to pull off on this. I wanted to pull off on his ass so bad. But I called. I called my man.
Speaker 2: I said, hey, pull back up, turn I said, turn around, come to the McDonald's right now. So I walk into McDonald's with Buddy. I'm at I'm at the counter with my car, pan and my dog. He ran in like Chinese fire drill up everything, and I'm looking at him like you know what I'm saying. So he just stood at the door. I paid for buddy food. I said, Man, good luck to you, bro, and show the end of the story. That was That was it? But I ain't never heard. I ain't never heard nothing like you know in the time of cloud. Motherfuckers want some attention for something. I ain't never heard Buddy come out and say that was me that did that? Should he probably did something else after that? He was He probably through I can't stop. I gotta go do something else.
Speaker 5: That you charged.
Speaker 6: Different.
Speaker 5: I think about it. Yeah, I probably made the ship worse. I think about it.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, man, a little well man.
Speaker 3: So look to you, man, We appreciate this conversation, much continued success. To you anything we should be looking out for or what shouould be looking out for?
Speaker 5: From the king?
Speaker 2: I lee on the way, okay, roses are red. Damn I forgot the ship right.
Speaker 7: You got a date?
Speaker 5: No, I ain't got no date.
Speaker 6: Okay, Kim.
Speaker 9: Roses are red coming soon.
Speaker 5: Roses are red.
Speaker 2: But why am I seeing blue?
Speaker 5: Why am I seeing blue? Yeah, King I Lee on the way for sure, for sure.
Speaker 4: Big shouts out to Little Well pulling up the big facts. You know.
Speaker 3: Check us out Triple W dot Big Fatspod, dot com.
Speaker 6: Street.
Speaker 5: It's big facts, no captain bit