Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. And you know, we get all the credit for all these second dates, but really it's our listeners and they're terrible dating decisions that we have to think. Yes, yeah, and the people who ghost people.
Speaker 2: Yes, your toxicity has made us so funny.
Speaker 1: Yes, you may don't forget. We do have forty five more minutes of this. We've got a full show over on the Brook and Jeffrey main feed. If you like it, follow that one as well, and let's get into your second date Brooke.
Speaker 3: And Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Second date updates.
Speaker 4: I feel like this gets brought up a lot after you match with someone online. How long should you wait before meeting up with them?
Speaker 2: Two to three hours?
Speaker 1: I feel like people typically talk like a week or two.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm at your window right now. Can you open it. I'll climb right in. I brought over some special juice for us to splin.
Speaker 1: No sounds sketchy. I don't see any red flugs. Jeff's weird.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna imag the weird one. I'm just saying.
Speaker 4: The woman on the phone apparently isn't quite as eager as some of us, because she waited much much longer than two hours to meet up with her guy. Her name is Gail. Gail, Welcome to the show, Gail three hours.
Speaker 2: How long did you wait before you met up with the guy from online?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean we chatted on and off for like a month before we actually went out.
Speaker 1: Why why a month? I mean, is that like something you typically do?
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 5: I mean that we didn't like chat every day, and I had like some work stuff going on, and I feel like it took him a while to ask me out.
Speaker 1: And after you talk for a month, is there a lot of anxiety going into that first meeting because you've you've invested quite a bit of time at that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean a little, but I was more excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what the special juice is for that I mentioned earlier.
Speaker 5: Keep you loose, But I think a lot of people know what you mean, because also the longer you talk, the more you have gotten to know each other and form chemistry.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of I don't I would be worried that I'd run out of things to say when I finally met has already covered everything.
Speaker 2: I mean, what do you talk about with a guy for a month?
Speaker 5: I don't know, like what we're doing TV shows, We're watching stuff going on at work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, drama.
Speaker 5: The weird thing he kept like bringing up.
Speaker 3: He kept saying like, oh.
Speaker 5: You seem so mature for your age, Like he said it like three separate occasions.
Speaker 2: Is that a compliment or a diss?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean depends on how old you are.
Speaker 3: Are you like twenty one or twenty five?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so.
Speaker 2: I could kind of see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean twenty five, you could go either way for sure. Is he an older guy? Is that why?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What did he mean by that?
Speaker 3: Now he's like a couple of years older. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's the way I talk, or like I direct grammar.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe if I your name is Gail.
Speaker 1: But okay, so it sounds to me like he meant it as a compliment.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess.
Speaker 5: And then at one point he asked me how old I really was, with like a smiley face, like as if I was lying on my profile or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I thought it was kind of rude.
Speaker 2: It could be a joke though, where you know, would tell me the real age.
Speaker 5: Make you laugh.
Speaker 1: I don't know, yeah, because he's looking at your pictures, like I mean, it's all based on photos, Like it'd be like, uh, thank you.
Speaker 4: No, Well no, they've been talking a few weeks though, so they have that familiarity.
Speaker 2: What did you say to them?
Speaker 5: I said, you'll have to meet me to find out?
Speaker 1: Was it right after? Like the conversation about your high cholesterol? Is that year old?
Speaker 2: So what did you end up doing for your date?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we made plans to get dinner, and because I'm hilarious, I decided to show up in an old lady costume.
Speaker 2: Just to troll him for asking.
Speaker 1: How old you were you would, Yeah, you went in full costume, the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I got a white wig. I wore this like flowery dress, a flower something. I had a cane.
Speaker 2: Oh what did Jonathan think when you showed up looking like that?
Speaker 5: He was like finishing a conversation on the phone, and he like looked confused as to why, Like I was approaching him and I was, you know, I committed to the bin and I was like, oh, hello Jonas and this is Gail.
Speaker 1: What was his reaction?
Speaker 3: I mean he freaked out?
Speaker 5: And then I like immediately like took off the wig and was laughing and was like.
Speaker 3: This is a joke. I'm just kidding. And I was like, poke fun at you.
Speaker 4: And I'm a little older than I said, that's really funny.
Speaker 1: Actually didn't laugh so much.
Speaker 5: He like figured out it was actually me he was. He was like, Okay, this is funny, and we joked about it.
Speaker 3: I like ordered a prune juice to you.
Speaker 2: I think it was that was.
Speaker 4: Kind of funny at first, that you don't want to over commit to being like a regular outfit on underneath.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, it's not very hot.
Speaker 3: I had like a cute dress on Andy, and they.
Speaker 1: Were at the pancake house at four o'clock.
Speaker 2: I really going in on it.
Speaker 4: I mean, other than that, was there anything weird or awkward that happened while you were at the restaurant?
Speaker 3: I mean, conversation was good.
Speaker 5: I did kind of slip up a couple of times, and I accidently called him my ex's name.
Speaker 3: Oh, what's your name, Jared?
Speaker 1: Oh that's I could see that to Jsy.
Speaker 2: My ex name is Jonathan.
Speaker 3: You didn't know that that was my ex his name? He just like corrected me, and he was like, no, it's Jonah and I'm like, oh, I'm so sorry. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Oh that was That's a good cover though, that you didn't delve into Oh I keep calling I guess it was name wrong multiple times. That's so rude.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people would think like, oh, she must be going on a lot of dates.
Speaker 2: Then if I'm just like, which one are you?
Speaker 1: But isn't that like competition for guys? Like oh, a lot of people want to some guy.
Speaker 2: I would probably just cry, guys, give her a break.
Speaker 4: She's a senior citizen. So how did you end things with Jonathan that night?
Speaker 3: I mean we had a good date. There was a little kiss.
Speaker 2: Did you take your teeth out before the kiss?
Speaker 6: Sir?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: We've been like talking, but it's more like friendly and he hasn't asked me out again.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I don't know how he's feeling.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, we can find out exactly how he's feeling. It's a good play by using this old timey landline that we have in studio, Jeffrey, We're gonna do the roto dial on this, so we're going to get your second date update right after this thank you.
Speaker 2: We said right after that, don't fall asleep. Coming up next.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Second date update.
Speaker 4: We got to knock out this second date quick so we can make it over to the community room and watch People's Court. I've seen this episode before, Judge Judge Wapner is.
Speaker 2: Gonna give it to him this time. Teach you to jaywalk, throw him in the slammer.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is down.
Speaker 6: It is eight am.
Speaker 2: About get out of here. It's almost nip done.
Speaker 4: Let's bring it up because our listener, Gail, who is twenty five years old by the way, decided to prank her date Jonathan by showing up to dinner dressed as a little old granny.
Speaker 2: Why did she do that?
Speaker 4: Because he kept saying she seems so mature during their online chats and even asked how old are you really, and so decided to rank him with the old lady costume and the date went really well, minus the part where she called him her ex's name a couple.
Speaker 1: Of times, but they still shared a cute kiss at the end.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear cute kiss. I just heard kiss. I don't know what was.
Speaker 1: It, Gail, What was the kiss?
Speaker 3: Was a little kiss, A little little okay.
Speaker 4: A little yeah, like as tightly puckered lips as you can get.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's not sexy. Maybe that's more grandma style. That's a problem.
Speaker 4: Maybe you leaned a little bit too hard into the grandma thing and it kind of turned him off.
Speaker 1: You have to go with pigtails next time and a schoolgirl outfitting.
Speaker 2: I mean, what do you think, Gail?
Speaker 3: I really have no idea why.
Speaker 5: And I just if it is, like if he like snooped around and like found out that my ex was Jared, I just would want a chance to explain myself and apologize.
Speaker 1: Oh, because you didn't tell him that it was your ex's name?
Speaker 3: No, but you know, I really don't know.
Speaker 4: Not a good Yeah, Well, let's ask him what the real deal was. I'm gonna call his number right now, and we're gonna do it. That's how I say it on the radio.
Speaker 2: That's really Jeff, Let's do this. Hello, Hey is this Jonathan?
Speaker 6: Uh? Yeah? Who is this?
Speaker 2: I don't believe you that you're Jonathan.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: I can't believe he didn't go in with the old man voice. I thought for sure that we're going to hear Alan Winterbottom.
Speaker 6: I played old man. What what's up? Actually?
Speaker 2: What you're happy now?
Speaker 4: Brooke?
Speaker 6: Anyway, Uh, I'm a little confused, but I'm good.
Speaker 4: No, we're doing something with you right now, Jonathan. You're on Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning on a second date.
Speaker 2: Update.
Speaker 6: I don't those words mean nothing to me. I don't know what you're talking what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't really know what I'm talking about either, but our.
Speaker 2: Radio show, and we're on a task right.
Speaker 6: I'm on the radio right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah cool.
Speaker 4: Say hello to the six listeners we have Hey, Hey, they say hi back, trust me. Anyway, we were trying to get some help for one of our listeners named Gail, who you went out on a date with recently.
Speaker 6: Ok. Yeah, yeah, I remember Gail.
Speaker 1: Okay, she sounds pretty funny. Did you think she was fun?
Speaker 6: Yeah? You know, it was a it was a cute date, you know, I mean, yeah, I like her. She's she's cool.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 4: We did hear about your date because she told us that you went to a restaurant and she was dressed up as an old grandma.
Speaker 6: She told you that, Yeah, it was funny.
Speaker 1: We all laughed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was. It was definitely interesting.
Speaker 1: Oh you didn't you didn't like the joke.
Speaker 6: It's not that I didn't like it. I kind of don't know how to tell her. This is gonna I'm just gonna come out it's good. This is gonna sound weird.
Speaker 4: I think she understands that something odd is going on because she told us, you guys haven't really reconnected very much after the date happened, right.
Speaker 1: Like, It's more, it felt like it moved into the friend zone, she said.
Speaker 4: And so she's ready to hear whatever the reason is for that, but she'd just like to get a little closure.
Speaker 1: We're man, me fix it.
Speaker 6: I can definitely offer closure.
Speaker 1: Okay, But.
Speaker 6: After the date something changed. What I mean, well, okay, I got in my car and I was driving home, and all of a sudden, I couldn't help but realize that I was more attracted it to her as the grandma.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, when she was dressed up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I didn't know how. I didn't know how to feel about it. Yeah, it just it just did something for me.
Speaker 4: Kay, Yeah, what what about it was more attractive to you?
Speaker 6: I don't know, I don't know. It just uh, it unlocks something. I guess I think it was. There's something about the way her voice. I don't know the voice. I liked the maturity, I liked the prune juice. I don't know it was. It just seemed like this seemed like she knew what she was doing, and I found that a really hot.
Speaker 4: I've heard of big D energy, but not big G energy, big Grandma energy.
Speaker 2: You're into that.
Speaker 6: It's not so much the grandma bang. It's just like the older woman stuff. I mean, like a.
Speaker 1: Woman in charge, a woman who just makes decisions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, makes decisions, tells me what to do.
Speaker 2: You know, so hearing Brooks talk to you right now, it is definitely.
Speaker 1: Hands Okay, it's got a gray hair. I don't have great hair, a lexus.
Speaker 6: I don't know. It makes me feel taken.
Speaker 1: Care of, Okay, Well, she sounds like a confident woman. It doesn't sound like you should shut the door on it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but there's more. After the date, I went back online and I've been talking to more mature woman. I bumped it. I bumped it up a little.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 4: I mean, no judgment, but I'm just I'm trying to think of how Gail must feel. Hearing all of this right now.
Speaker 6: Well, I was hoping you all would tell wait, oh, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what do I mean?
Speaker 4: I mean, Gail's actually on the other line right now listening.
Speaker 6: Oh oh Gail, Yeah, hey.
Speaker 3: Hi Jonathan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like you guys have a lot to talk about here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Look, I mean, you're cool and all, but I'm there's something that dy. It just made me realize I want someone older.
Speaker 5: I'm just confused, and it's kind of shocked. I don't really have to say, like you want you want someone like fifty years older than you like?
Speaker 3: Is that why you kept up?
Speaker 6: Oh, exactly fifty would be great.
Speaker 1: Wait, fifty years older or exactly fifty years back?
Speaker 6: Exactly fifty years old?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's the sweet spot for him.
Speaker 1: I mean again, it is a good age for women.
Speaker 3: I'm out there.
Speaker 6: It is a good age for women. Some of the people I'm talking to online are amazing.
Speaker 2: What about what about the woman you're talking to on the phone line right.
Speaker 6: Now, Gail, you're gayl You're great. It's not like I don't It's not like I don't like you. It's just I'm I don't see us in a in a relationship.
Speaker 1: He wants to be with someone who can't have pregnancy scares, because.
Speaker 6: Some woman get pregnant at fifty. It's possible, Gai.
Speaker 2: I'd love to hear what you're thinking right now.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess, I guess I'm kind of like offended that you thought I was more attractive when I had a wig on and glasses.
Speaker 6: And it's not that I'm not attracted to you, Gail, it's just like you're too young for me.
Speaker 2: You never heard that ever on this show.
Speaker 5: I guess that I'm glad I could assist in you figuring out your stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: It was a very mature thing for you to say five years old.
Speaker 3: High, I am mature.
Speaker 6: I'm excited to see you turn into the mature woman.
Speaker 4: It's heard a lot before it goes in farther. But I am going to ask kind of a weird question. Would you be interested in going out with Gail one more time? If she dressed up as the old lady?
Speaker 1: I don't know that Cayle's volunteered.
Speaker 6: For just the voice would be good, Jail.
Speaker 2: How about you give him a little flavor right now?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's going to work out.
Speaker 2: Did it for me too.
Speaker 6: What okay, so you're feeling what I'm feeling that.
Speaker 2: I'm getting hot flashes.
Speaker 3: It's brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Well, if this is a trend, I think it bodes very well for somebody in this room, Alexis, because.
Speaker 2: Now your mom will be hit on by more of.
Speaker 1: Your Please don't think my mom is twenty.
Speaker 4: Five and we should have hooked Jonathan up with Alexis' mom.
Speaker 1: It would have been perfect. It's always good to hear. Though it's nothing you did. I mean, honestly, the only thing she could have done to fix it was just to wait, wait till she got.
Speaker 4: Old, or you know, invented a time machine and aged herself by thirty years.
Speaker 1: And then gone back opposite of botox, inject yourself with wrinkles it motox.
Speaker 4: But yeah, really no chance for her in that one. Nothing she could have done, but a big.
Speaker 1: Self discovery for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it helped him. Something good did come out of this.
Speaker 4: And if you ever want to get a second date up that you can always email.
Speaker 2: The show will help you out.
Speaker 4: And if you want to catch up on all of our second dates, they're up on our podcast. Wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey, What Day, What Do the podcast? He's that a new fancy fishing rod technique there broadcast