Speaker 1: I listened to your shirt every single day.
Speaker 2: Yo, breakless clod God, Damny good Rightfast Club.
Speaker 3: Put that ass up on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Baby, it can't say breakfast club without these Breathless Club.
Speaker 2: You're like this rare air. She got platforms and partners all over the place with us. Your man is so high. People want to be invested with the Breakfast But I don't think white people know how popular you guys are.
Speaker 1: DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 2: You guys really are like the hip hop early morning late night talk. I know what you're talking about, lady.
Speaker 4: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Yo Jess Hilarious, Good morning, Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 5: Peace to the plane in this Thursday, Yes it's Thursday.
Speaker 2: Good morning. We hear what's happening?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: Another day to serve. I feel blessed Black and Holly Faber, How y'all feel I feel good?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I feel good.
Speaker 1: I'm really hungry, just hungry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm really not rusted, but I do still feel goodn't sleep last night, I did, but I was I just kept waking up, like I'm at the point where like my bladder wakes me up because I have to keep waking up to go to the basket.
Speaker 2: A lot of pressure.
Speaker 3: And I had my appointment yesterday though, and I did everything, but I didn't know that you don't find out the day of So seven to ten baiteven, seven to ten days and then I have to give the email to my sister because I don't want to know. You know, we're doing the gender reveals.
Speaker 2: Immediately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not that I even do the nip test, you know. So they I did it through like my blood okay, okay, oh yeah, so they can be sure because sometimes when you when you're able to when they reveal the gender through your sonogram, sometimes they're wrong.
Speaker 1: They could be wrong, right, they're wrong, So get right through through the blood test. It's absolutely positively.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're awaiting that.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are you manifesting? A girl? Yes? Girl?
Speaker 7: All day?
Speaker 1: Okay, now, yesterday you wanted a taco. We couldn't get you a tackle. There was no taco place. So when we looked and we tried, what are you feeding for today?
Speaker 2: Cheese? Wise tackle for.
Speaker 1: Real, because I never got him, never got to taco. Yeah, we tried yesterday in the place closed, So we see, we get.
Speaker 7: You a tackle today.
Speaker 2: Don't tailor, got to connect him? Tailor, just have tacos. I don't want I don't have time. Come on, why are you gonna do that?
Speaker 1: Don't do that?
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: I don't know Jamaican tacos regular.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like, yeah, why doesn't go to your baby that house?
Speaker 2: Don't understand yesterday? I mean, why didn't you just go in him? He knows where gem That's why I couldn't do it? Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, boxer andre Ward will be joined us. He has a new book, Killing the Image. We're gonna be kicking it with andre Ward.
Speaker 5: Former former boxer, retired, one of the greatest boxes to ever step into a boxing ring. Now he's a boxing commentator and author, amongst other things.
Speaker 1: That's right, So we're gonna be kicking with him. And comedian you might know him, you might not. Pretty funny, mild mild, mildly funny, My be funny. Donnald Rowlings will be joining us.
Speaker 2: He will be right. He's got a Netflix special called a New day.
Speaker 5: I'm sure that you watched it because it was a debut at number two on Netflix and it's been in the top ten, you know for the past week.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the Breakfast Clowns? Because he damn show was on My.
Speaker 2: Manor Yeah, I watched it.
Speaker 5: I watched it a couple times and I fell asleep the first time. But Jesus, I watched it. Watched it.
Speaker 2: I watched it a couple of times.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get the show court down now, me too. Go to his shows?
Speaker 2: Was less than the show you went to?
Speaker 7: The show?
Speaker 2: What laston went to show with? He was with Dave Right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I saw him at the North Charleston Coliseum the last year, and I was gonna go to the taping of his special, but he was taping the same night as Joe Coy, So I figured I've never been to a Joe Coyle one.
Speaker 2: You I had to go.
Speaker 5: To Port Joe Catt told you I was gonna come. Joe was like, you never come to my specials he'd been giving me held for. I went to his instead, see right, okay, yeah, choose anybody else over your own.
Speaker 1: Well, just when it comes to down there, I choose anybody over, Yes, all right, well, Front Page News is next.
Speaker 2: Tesland figure will be joining us as the breakfast logo.
Speaker 1: Morning Wanting Everybody's DJ Envy, Jess Larious, Charlamine the gud we are to breakfast Club. Let's get in some Front Page News.
Speaker 8: Good Morning, Tis, good Morning, dj V, Jess Hilarious, charlemagnea god s.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's jump right into it. Let's start off with Nicki Haley.
Speaker 8: Yes, on no surprise, she has got out of the race. She suspend her campaign for president. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 9: After winning only one state on Super Tuesday, former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley bowed out of the presidential race.
Speaker 10: I am filled with the gratitude for the outpouring of support we've received from all across our great country, but the time has now come to suspend my campaign.
Speaker 9: Hailey congratulated the now presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump, but did not endorse him.
Speaker 10: I have always been a conservative Republican and always supported the Republican nominee.
Speaker 2: But on this question, as she.
Speaker 10: Did on so many others, Margaret Thatcher provided some good advice when she said, quote, never just follow the crowd always make up your own mind.
Speaker 9: Haley's announcement all but confirms a rematch between President Joe Biden and former President Trump.
Speaker 11: It's a rematch.
Speaker 8: Let's just it is what it is. This is where the table has been said. It will be Donald Trump versus Joe Biden. The question is what's going to happen with those Nicky Haley voters. Joe Biden did offer them a place. He said that Donald Trump made it clear he doesn't want Nicki Haley supporters. He said, I want to be clear, there's a place for them in my campaign. Trump did not extend an offer as of yet. He did say that Nicky Haley got trounced in the Super Tuesday election in record setting fashion. He said, despite the fact that Democrats, for reasons unknown, are allowed to vote in Vermont and various other Republican primaries. So he is not extended in the olive branch as of yet. To her supporters. But this is where we are guys versus.
Speaker 2: Well, they're both.
Speaker 5: Donald Trump is crazy for not doing that because they're gonna need those people, you know what I mean, That's what it's all.
Speaker 2: That's what it's all about.
Speaker 5: In November, energizing those people who don't feel inspired to vote for either candidate, because you know, there's not a lot of people that you know, there's a whole lot of people who are not inspired by either candidate. They're not inspired by this rematch. So it's up to Biden and Trump that energize those people who don't feel inspired, because they probably gonna make the difference in November.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Trump's style is though, you either with me or you against me, you know. Bottom line.
Speaker 8: He said Biden is a disaster to the country, and you need to come join the best movement and ever.
Speaker 11: You know, in history. So that's that's his way of a thing.
Speaker 5: He's not Donald Trump is considered a threat to democracy. I was watching, uh, I was watching the John Bolton I think he was on CNN last night. He's but he was the former former advisor of Trump for something. I forgot what it was. But he said he han't voting for either one of them. I'm not voting for Biden or Trump. So you know, I know there's a lot of people who feel like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I saw that too, and he was saying he just can't go against his conservative values to vote for Joe Biden, but he certainly can't align, you know, with Trump as well.
Speaker 11: But this is where we are. People are gonna have to make a decision.
Speaker 8: I think it's important though we also talk about local and state racist like, there's a lot of races that are still happening. So for those who are saying, well, I just can't vote for Biden and Trump, I would hope that you still think it's important for governors, congress, city council sheriffs. You know, those positions are up as well. Those are the positions you have to vote in. So it's just it's gonna be a tough role ahead. So Joe Biden will be doing the State of Reunion addressed tonight at nine pm Eastern Standard time, and they're hoping that he's making the case on why he should be a choice.
Speaker 5: And John Bolten is the former US National Security ABA. That's yeah, you're right about the state of the Union. If I was president Biden to night, I would focus on America.
Speaker 2: I would really.
Speaker 5: Adopt Trump's philosophy about America. First, how you gonna provide financial relief for the American people, How you gonna make sure we can keep affordable food on our tables and affordable roofs over our head. Geopolitical politics not gonna cut it to night. We don't want to hear about more money being sent to other countries. He needed to talk about how he's going to provide financial relief for America.
Speaker 8: Do you think he should address Trump and make make the comparison to Trump at I.
Speaker 5: Don't think it matters. I don't even I think I think Democrats are doing that. Focusing on Trump is pointless. They need to focus on those people who are not inspired to get up off the couch. In November, I told y'all millions of times, it's about Republicans who are the crooks. This year, it's about Democrats who are the couch because they don't fight enough, and it's about the couch, and that's voter apathy. They need to focus on those people on the couch because you ain't changing none of the people that support Trump's Trump's mind.
Speaker 7: Nope, that's.
Speaker 2: At all.
Speaker 5: So going after the you know, people who supported Nicki Haley, going after those independents, going after those you know, the hypothetical swing voters they always chasing.
Speaker 2: That's who they need to.
Speaker 1: Focus on, all right, A lot is front page news. What are we talking next?
Speaker 2: Our tests?
Speaker 11: We're talking so New York.
Speaker 8: Now you see M sixteen's you know on your subway with the National Guard now patrolling the NYC subway is a new crime initiative that the governor's rolled out.
Speaker 11: I want to talk about that. I think that's really interesting.
Speaker 8: Guys were going to talk about that at seven o'clock to see if they're doing too much or if it makes you feel safer.
Speaker 2: Okay, the hell you get a whole plate from Jesse.
Speaker 3: Larrus, I mean me and s healer this morning. Oh but to the front page news, this is blasphemy.
Speaker 1: What get it off your chest? Eight hundred and five five one five one.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast Club. Good boarding the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: It's a new day.
Speaker 2: Is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blast something, to get up and get something.
Speaker 1: Call up now.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred and five eighty five one o five one.
Speaker 7: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this the morning?
Speaker 12: The morning lant coin man b Thomas brand.
Speaker 2: From it sounds like one of my cousins. Now, what's happening?
Speaker 1: That's what your last name of Calvey too.
Speaker 13: Listen, my name just hey, you learning.
Speaker 5: The last time you've seen me was in O four, O five when you came to Drew apartment in Harlem.
Speaker 2: So she passed Drew apartment in Harlem.
Speaker 12: You don't know Drew.
Speaker 2: I don't know what Drew in Harlem. So his name is not Leonard, his name, his name is not Leonard.
Speaker 1: His name is Leonard.
Speaker 2: My name is Leonard. Boy name Lenard. Yes, Drew, you don't have a cousin.
Speaker 12: Man, you don't have a cousin and Drew cousin thom home on Carolina.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a cousin name Thomas, Thomas Thomon. You ain't Kidfield.
Speaker 11: Okay, Thomas' wife?
Speaker 5: What the hell is going on here? I ain't never been to Drew apartment. My brother, the Jew apartment, it's coming. I ain't never been to Drew apartment in Harlem.
Speaker 3: You've never been there, your cousins said, stop lying?
Speaker 2: His cousins sounds like why you're lying?
Speaker 1: Brow high No, julr Hi, No Thomas, your.
Speaker 2: Cousin, your cousin. I mean, what happened? Yeah, I got a cousin named Thomas.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: What happened with what happened in that apartment that night.
Speaker 1: You met cousins.
Speaker 5: Listen, I'm not saying I didn't. I just don't remember. Oh four five, that's a long time ago, my brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you wrote it down.
Speaker 12: You wrote it down in your book.
Speaker 5: I wrote I wrote it down in my back then I was I ain't talking about being in no apartment in Harlem and my my book called Black Privilege.
Speaker 1: You got a black book.
Speaker 2: He's called Black Privileges New York Times bestseller, sold millions of copies. He's just read it. How you gonna say he ain't write it.
Speaker 13: You got a cousin, a charlam Man. You got a cousin ain't.
Speaker 4: Rusie rouskie Ye call him Pigeons from Caroline, Carolina.
Speaker 5: My brother, I'm not gonna say I don't. But these names ain't ringing the bell right now?
Speaker 1: Brother, You have a good day, brother, Yeah, he man, he's gonna call your populace.
Speaker 2: Get to it.
Speaker 1: What happens?
Speaker 5: Your parents don't do that to y'all. You know, Drew, you know Pigeon, be like, man, I don't know these people with that.
Speaker 2: But it usually leads to tell us something about the people.
Speaker 3: They just gotta put my Yeah, you had the whole family tree, don't you know?
Speaker 7: Don't you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't.
Speaker 5: The only only place I've ever been in Harlem was when off form producers saw she used to live in HALLM.
Speaker 2: I ain't never been to nobody else house in Holleran I can remember. Did a man that live in Hallm? Yes, a man is still living Holler. It was a night in the apartment. He was trying to let you know about all right, well.
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need to ven, hit us up now. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 12: Hello, who is hey?
Speaker 13: Pe some blessings man. Good morning, breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Hilarious start in the morning. Brother, Hey, good.
Speaker 13: Morning shot man.
Speaker 2: How you doing brother, I'm blessed man.
Speaker 13: Hey Charlotte, Yes, my lady just wanted to you know, bro, she had to tell me the black woman, said he and they showed me. No, there ain't no baby mama. She a wife.
Speaker 5: That's called that's called the fiance. Have you proposed her? Yes, so that's your fiance.
Speaker 13: Yes, sir, Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: She just wanted you to know that, and.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that and I will respect her, her her wishes.
Speaker 13: Hey, and I got to say about her to she a big Cowboys fan like.
Speaker 2: You talking about she a big back cowboy fans out there.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 13: You know who got the big back?
Speaker 12: Me?
Speaker 13: Man, Because I'm a man, you know what I mean. So it's funny, how, Yes, mad is mad Of course you said she got a big back when.
Speaker 2: I never said. I never said that about ts Madison.
Speaker 5: I never said. I never said to Madison had a big back. Y'all lies get gets spread. I never said that, you know.
Speaker 13: And Tray stopped thinking about stopped talking about me too, Taylor wondering why why ladies get with me? Because they that's what the boy got game and I'm able to talk. I'm funny. You told me I have sense a human. That's why ladies like me, man, and I work hard out here.
Speaker 5: That's why I travel like you too, That is why likes you to. That's why trave got a secret crush on you.
Speaker 2: Right now, I.
Speaker 13: Know he crushing on me. But it's okay. I don't like men, you know what I mean. I respect him, say that he's good. That's cool. If you want to get that's your bottom, you know what I mean. But Sean Stone loves ladies.
Speaker 2: Man, just lady. I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't know why Stone love the ladies.
Speaker 5: Y'all, thank you, But I understand why men that love ladies have to broadcast that, Like, why do you have to tell people that you ain't in the mint?
Speaker 2: I don't know. You know what I'm saying. That's kind of crazy. Ain't nothing wrong with broadcasting it, though? Who who you're trying to convince? I'm just saying, you just letting people know.
Speaker 5: I guess if you can announce you gay, I guess you can announce your way to be gay?
Speaker 2: Y'all y'all really did y'all broadcast?
Speaker 3: Day broadcast? Say how much y'all straight?
Speaker 2: Thatt'd be great to y'all too.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 5: I think if you can announce your gain, you can announce your screat I guess, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Good morning? What's your name? Mama?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 13: Mayme's Olivia?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: Olivia, Get it off your chest.
Speaker 11: I'm calling him.
Speaker 12: I wanted to wish my sister a happy birthday.
Speaker 15: The birthday today, she's twenty two, okay.
Speaker 12: And my nephew's birthday was on Wednesday, and my daughter's birthday.
Speaker 11: Was on Valentine's Day. Everybody.
Speaker 2: So you're doing a lot of celebrating the last two weeks.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, and you know so much. I'm a blessing, blessing, blessing Okay.
Speaker 11: And then when Mia my song.
Speaker 9: Was on she would be mentioned the music video that she.
Speaker 15: Wanted to do, and the weekend already did that concept.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're talking about, man, what happened now? But just happy birthday to your sister though, yeah, happy birthday, prices game.
Speaker 1: I could hear she says it's about a weekend video.
Speaker 2: Because coggestion No, I phone started going out.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: I'ment from Arizona.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 11: Brother?
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I lost my job back in January. It's tough trying to get back on my feet and trying to make sure I don't lose my house in my car, and I'm just looking for some prayers I find a job soon.
Speaker 2: Okay, where'd you work? Were praying for you, brother? Yeah?
Speaker 12: I worked at a big fighting company that was an account and a financial analyst, and they I feel like they bulleted me out of my job and I was treated up fairly.
Speaker 2: So are you out looking? Are you actively looking for more work? Yeah?
Speaker 12: I have some interviews, but just seems like I've been looking for like two months from not getting the offers.
Speaker 5: It happens, brother, you know what I mean, Like you know it's it's it's not over. It's not it's not Benito. You've got to keep trusting the process, Keep trusting the process, keep trusting God.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 12: Yeah, my family has been praying hopefully something happens. Just getting really tough.
Speaker 2: Something gonna shake, my brother.
Speaker 5: I got faith in you, and you got faith in yourself, and you should have faith in God. Trust that something going to shake. We all been there at some point in life. Thank you, Yes, sir, brother, were praying for you. Can't sure absolutely.
Speaker 12: Why the like cat r A and like Nancy that's just like Sam nine zero.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, we're praying for you. Brother. Have a good one, brother, Good luck you too. Thank you right this one.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you something. But I'm not saying that that what what that man said wasn't true. But there's a cash voice. I heard it. Get heard it because every time we said we were praying for him, he.
Speaker 2: Was kind of like, you know what I mean, he was doing that a little bit.
Speaker 5: You can't want the paper over the press, Okay, you can't want.
Speaker 2: The paper over the press. He wanted, but he just wanted. He wanted, but he wanted that paper.
Speaker 1: I can hear it.
Speaker 2: I can hear I could hear it in his voice. I can hear in his voice. But you ain't write it down at.
Speaker 5: I wasn't moved. I praying for him, but I just wasn't. My discernment didn't say give him some money. That's what I'm not saying that. You know, people aren't going through things. But I just think that they hear us do that a lot on the radio, and you don't know who's telling the truth a lot of times. Yeah, my spirit, my spirit didn't. That one did a movie. That one was like, you know, just staying down, you know, fresh listen.
Speaker 3: Somebody had just said to me, they used to give out a lot of money, like a lot of caships on the Breakfast Club. Why are you gonna make them do that no more? I was like, I'm not giving out anything but prayers, So I don't. I don't know. So, Yeah, people got used to y'all giving out money.
Speaker 2: Now we used to do that, like when people call, and we still do.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, if somebody's going through hard times, we'll pay for their lunch and we pay for the dinner. We do a couple of dollars in the accounting help out.
Speaker 3: We're travels and you know, people make up stories to get money, and they'd be like Jnvy and Charlemagne Day. They's so nice, they generous. So if I call and have a good enough story or set enough story.
Speaker 2: They will give me some money. And that young man not going through nothing.
Speaker 5: Nobody else hasn't been through, have been unemployed in between jobs.
Speaker 2: That's not a tragic story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five E five one oh five one. We got just with the mess.
Speaker 3: Coming up, and we told mass Tory Lanes is finally about to do his first prison interview.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get into that. Next is to Breakfast Club Go Morning, The Breakfast Club Morning everybody. It's j n V Jess hilarious, some fun Jess cheva mean the guy who we are the breakfast club.
Speaker 16: Let's get to jest with the mess Jesus real.
Speaker 3: Just Robber Midway just don't do no gonna bring numbers.
Speaker 2: On the breakfast club.
Speaker 17: Stots.
Speaker 3: All right, So this one pissed me off because I did just tease that Tory Lanes has to you know, he about to sit down for his first interview from prison. But it's so simple. I didn't listen to the audio before. I wouldn't have reported it. But this is very simple. This is what it said.
Speaker 2: Number five, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yo chat by the way, free man a Tory Lane stream.
Speaker 11: It's gonna be a zoom call chat.
Speaker 5: He's gonna be in jail and I'm gonna be at the warehouse zoom call very very soon.
Speaker 1: Why would you.
Speaker 2: Speak on it before you even get a date? Like, get everybody excited?
Speaker 3: Just like my dumb as I'm abnn to report it. I was happy as hell. It's called promotion, I know, right, crazy all right? Ryan Garcia shares another update. Yesterday, we reported on Ryan Garcia's recent activity on social media hack messages. He claims everything was happening to him from kidnap, you know, kidnapping, and he lost access to his money, et cetera, all of that stuff. Since then, TMZ released another video of Ryan Garcia and the newest video. He addressed his last few social media posts and says how things will go moving.
Speaker 7: Forward here to announcement.
Speaker 2: Returned back to Instagram.
Speaker 17: Over these past couple of days, you guys have seen some pretty intense things.
Speaker 2: I understand what they are and the understand what they look like.
Speaker 17: But are coming back to announce I'm not gonna speak on any other topic of it than boxing sports in my fight.
Speaker 2: That's the only thing.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna be talking about. I'm training for this fight on everybody know this fight is.
Speaker 17: Still on four to twenty five weeks of super focus. I have PbD helping me in this camp and many other warriors. So I thank you guys for the support and I'll see you guys on four twenty.
Speaker 5: You know the problem with all these situations the backdrop of the fight, So being that we know there's a fight on for twenty we just can't determine what's real and what's not real. Like how we just talked about Tory Lane, because we know that was promotion. How do we know that all of this stuff just isn't promo?
Speaker 2: How do we know it's it is? How do we know? I mean, we don't.
Speaker 3: I just I really feel like it has nothing to do. All we can do is just give opinions on what we think.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like any of that stuff yesterday, you know, had anything to do with the fight. I still think he always wanted to fight. I don't think this was the back out of a fight or anything. I really think that.
Speaker 5: He's selling the hell out of this fight right now, selling if Ryan got to see it, is gonna fight April twenty up against Devin Haney.
Speaker 2: We're all tuning in. He's got casuals ready to watch him.
Speaker 5: By the way, Ryan Haney always, I mean, Ryan Garcia always does good pay per view numbers as it is, but he definitely got people intrigued to want to see this fight on four twenty, even casuals.
Speaker 2: Yeah what.
Speaker 1: Devin Handy yesterday said that he feels like Ryan Garcia is playing crazy to promote the fight.
Speaker 3: See why gotta be crazy, Gotta been playing crazy.
Speaker 2: Devin just asking for attention. He's definitely selling the hell out of this fight.
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully what he said gets enough attention in the world. You know what I'm saying. But until then, we can keep on speaking Jesus name, like he said, because why wouldn't we Moving on, Cam Newton speaks on recent fight. Cam Newton appeared on an episode of The Big Podcast with Shack. He spoke on the fight that was caught on camera at his football camp.
Speaker 2: That's what he had to say.
Speaker 14: What you saw was those were grown men, those weren't kids. That narrative was familiar coaching, and it got chippy. For me, That's not the first time that happens, and honestly, knowing my world, that probably won't be the life.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 14: Yeah, people see like, yeah Cam standing on business, Yeah, Cam had bobby pins in his head. You know, those are all funny things. But when I look at it, it's like, man, they could have got ugly on both sides. Because I'm the type of person when I feel triggered, I react, I don't think.
Speaker 2: And that's the issue.
Speaker 3: I agree. You did you just say that when that happened, I ain't like hogh, shake was like, so what happened that your little football camp, first of all, shacked just because you're bigger than everything. You know, Man, don't be doing all that I ain't when we represent you know, accomplishments as little. But yeah, I felt like I would even like to bologize because I kept saying kids, kids, but they looked like kids next to your big as cam so yeah, but they were grown in and like he said, things could have gotten ugly on both sides and he reacted the wrong way or whatever.
Speaker 2: But that was his first time speaking on it.
Speaker 1: But I think it's a lot of lack of respect, right yeah. And I see it all the time, especially with athletes, with people that do well. You see it with comedians, Oh you ain't funny, or you see it with athletes.
Speaker 2: So I bought your hands right now.
Speaker 1: Well, you see it all the time when people test these these people at that showed their compliments. Don't give them the props. I see it all because everybody got a smartphone down.
Speaker 5: Everybody got their own little reality show going on, and they think we all are extras and guest stars in their reality show.
Speaker 2: That's the smartest thing you ever said. Shown.
Speaker 3: All right, moving on call, Michael shares his family's reactions to him being gaged. So Draw Carmichael is releasing a docu series. Oh my gosh, He's releasing a self titled docu series on HBO. The show will follow his life at home and his relationship with his parents. And we have a little snippet of the trailer, number eight.
Speaker 2: You don't have no eight? Oh my good?
Speaker 3: All right, why I'm reporting the second album because I only got a few seconds anyway, this is something.
Speaker 2: Oh my good.
Speaker 5: I did hear you tease that story earlier, so I don't know why it's not in there.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: I literally edited myself.
Speaker 2: I know Jesus. All right, well, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: You got it now, but now you're about to swirl your finger, so I'll get to it now.
Speaker 1: When we come back. We got front page news and then xboxer Andre water be joining us.
Speaker 2: They don't move. It's the Breakfast Club comboarding.
Speaker 18: You're checking out the Breakfast Club owning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's DJ nv Jess, hilarious, Charlomagne gud we are to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Test?
Speaker 11: What's going on? DJ and V Jess hilarious. Charlemanea.
Speaker 1: Guys, hey girl, let's jump right into it. Let's talk about the subway in all of the crime that's going on in the.
Speaker 8: Say yeah, I can't wait to get your response on this Guy's with you.
Speaker 11: Guys being in New York City.
Speaker 8: Now, you'll see the National Guard armed with M sixteen as a part of the.
Speaker 11: New plan to fight subway crime. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 7: There were sixteen's part of the Governor's five parts plan announced today aimed at combating subway crime.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred and fifty National Guard soldiers, two hundred and fifty State troopers and MTA police and more random backchucks.
Speaker 10: To those who are feeling anxious whenever they walk to those turnstiles.
Speaker 2: We'll stop at nothing to keep you safe, so rogers. Though not sure if it'll have the intended effect. Wow, I didn't think it was that the point of National Guards needed more nervous because I feel like there's more of a threat.
Speaker 3: Happening versus just the police. I don't think the National Guard would be a good idea concern.
Speaker 2: Take hark back to nine to eleven. Feels like a huge overreaction and overreach Donnald Lieberman is the executive director of the NYCLU. Calling out the National Guard in response to some incidents is not.
Speaker 11: The way to go now.
Speaker 8: The Governor wants to give the judges more power for repeat offenders by creating a new early warning system for repeat offenders and wants them banned for three years if they've been being convicted of a violent crime. Here's what she had to say and what Michael Kemper had to say. Who is the Chief of Transition.
Speaker 2: We know who they are.
Speaker 10: They'll flag the criminal history at the time of arrest, so it could be fully considered when decisions regarding charging and bail are made.
Speaker 2: Are we arresting people one hundred times?
Speaker 9: And once we make the arrest, why are they back out within a day or two sometimes?
Speaker 8: So the experts say that involved in the National Guard is not sustainable. It's only going to last a few months of They're saying, you know, what's the point in doing it. It's just making folks anxious. The governor did say that cameras will be on every car by the end of the year and in every conductor booth, and some of the resources will be spent to make the system safer and Meeric Eric Adams said the overall crime is down. He said double digit decreases in suburb crimes since February twenty twenty four. Some folks say that NYPD should have gotten the twenty million dollars to put more officers on the subway, opposed to you know, giving it to the National Crime So what do you guys think. Let me give a five point crime plan so we can talk about it. Seven hundred and fifty National Guard members, two hundred and fifty MTA and state police new cameras, point two three, twenty million to expand mental health teams for improved coordination, and five ban on repeat offenders.
Speaker 11: Think they're doing too much or is it's a good thing?
Speaker 5: Well, I think there's long term solutions and short term solutions. This is a short term, temporary solution that may or make things.
Speaker 2: Better, all right, may make things worse.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 5: I love number two on here, which is the twenty million dollars they expand mental health teams because I always want to get to the root of the problem, and the root of the problem is.
Speaker 2: You know, dealing with with poverty.
Speaker 5: The root of the problem is getting folks proper access to mental health care. That's how you reduce you know, crime anywhere when you provide people, you know, resources to put food on their table and a roof over their head, and you provide them resources that have proper you know, access to mental health care. But that's the long term solution. But you know America does not know how to solve problems long term.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I will say this though.
Speaker 1: I mean, you look at at airplanes and airports, right and they say they get about I'm looking right now. They said about one point seven three million people fly daily.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Then you look at the New York City subways and it says about two point four million people ride the subway.
Speaker 2: There's no protection for those peop on the subway.
Speaker 1: Yesterday the conductor got bashed in their head with a bottle, like it's no protection. I don't ride the subways. I don't my kids don't ride the subway. It is not safe down there, and people get cut down there. You hear about stories people getting pushed onto the track. It's very dangerous and there's no protection. There's not enough protection for people there. So if you can have protection in the airport and make people go through all types of devices, and there are armed guards at the airport, why not in a place with subway where they have more people than the airports.
Speaker 5: That's just how I Yet, Yeah, I don't believe they're saying they don't want protection. They just feel like this might be an overreach because it's what it's a thousand National guardsmen they're putting in the subways.
Speaker 8: Seven hundred and fifty and so when you talk about what the National Guard, you know what they're the job is to respond to domestic emergency. So the question is do you think it's necessary to have the National Guard, you know, within sixteens And keep in mind the National Guard is not trained to.
Speaker 11: Deal with subway incidents.
Speaker 8: So that's why NYPD is saying more money should be spent on the actual police officers that actually know how to work with folks on the subway, who are accustomed to that type of patrolling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's seven hundred and fifty National Guard tell and fifty MTA and state police, so it is almost a thousand.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, it is total overall.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 11: When I was speaking to the.
Speaker 8: National Guard, so do you think mby I mean, does that make you feel safer? Jeff jess looking at somebody with M sixteen or does it make you anxious like that?
Speaker 2: They you know, I feel safer?
Speaker 1: You do cook it? I do too, if I'm not doing that wrong. You got feel safe. I know somebody I can run to. Somebody trying to bash me over the head or cut me or shoot me or rob me or or still.
Speaker 2: I would feel safe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, walking through the airport, when you walking through jfcareport and all people with them sixteen you yeah, you feel safe.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's wrong, Yeah.
Speaker 11: Something wrong with it.
Speaker 8: Some folks say that they don't. They feel it's anxious. They just make them feel anxious, like you know what's going on or they're gonna shoot start shooting folks down. So but again, this is only this is not a short term solution.
Speaker 11: It's just a couple of months. So what's the point.
Speaker 8: I guess it happened them a couple of months and then and then going back to business as usual.
Speaker 5: But that's what I say when I say you got to have a long term solution, and the long term solution is dealing with poverty and getting folks proper access to mental healthcare. Like that's how you reduce crime anywhere. You know what I mean, Like they're not trying to actually solve the problem of crime in this country. They're just finding ways to police it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the sad thing about it is any place where there's a lot of people, whether it's a football game, a basketball game, or any type of thing with it is a lot of people. A concert, they make people go through some type of form of security to protect each other. Right the subway is the only place where millions of people go and nobody checks nothing on them.
Speaker 8: But they are doing random bag checks. But I know your point. You mean, like every single person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't know what anybody got in their bag, Like, you don't know if they got a weapon, you don't know if they had a bad day.
Speaker 2: You don't know everything else they.
Speaker 5: Check people, but random bag checks. You know who the random people they're gonna be checking the most is black and brown people.
Speaker 2: You do know that.
Speaker 1: But that's why I said I didn say anything bout random. That's why you put some type of system out of there where everybody has to walk through some type of security. You know, once you're inside, y'all pretty much playing on the same playing field, you know, all right, Well, thank you tiz absolutely.
Speaker 5: And make sure you follow that Tesling figure on on all social media platforms and subscribe to this great shot, No Chase of podcast on the Black Effect iHeart Radio podcast network hosted by Teslian figure O.
Speaker 1: All right, when we come back, boxer andre Ward Xboxer andre Ward will be joining us. He has a new book, Killing the Image, A Champion's Journey of Faith, Fighting and Forgiveness.
Speaker 5: One of the greatest boxes of all time. Undefeated.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, we'll.
Speaker 1: Talk to you next.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club in the morning, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Wanting everybody. It's DJ MV Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building, Indeed, boxing legend and icon, andre Ward.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome, sir.
Speaker 1: Happy to be here now you're feeling about.
Speaker 2: I'm good man, Happy.
Speaker 7: To be here.
Speaker 2: How are you, sir?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 7: I'm good man.
Speaker 16: I'm juggling, you know, but it's all good and I'm working it out well.
Speaker 5: I hope you all read andre Ward's book already, Killing the Image of Champions Journey of Faith, Fighting and Forgiveness. You've always been like notoriously, you know, private with your personal life to a certain extent. How did you know now with the time to reveal it all in the book.
Speaker 7: Man, it's been it's been a it's been a few years coming. You know.
Speaker 16: I've said it many times, you know, promoting this book. Like I'm an eighties baby, you know, and I was raised to not share my business, my family's business, you know. And it's it's not about this day and age because people overshare that. People think that like being private is some weird or you know, some some sneaky about you with you how And it's like, nah, that's a superpower to like keep my business to myself and not and not share it. So but as I'm getting in the game and I'm mentoring a lot of guys, you know, I'm trying to tell.
Speaker 7: Them, like, bro, I understand what you're going through. I've been there, done that.
Speaker 16: And they're like, nah, you've always been like this, and it's like nah, bro, like I'm telling you I did more than you. So I start getting discontent and start feeling like, man, they don't have the full story. And I was talking to my pastor, man, and he was like, Joe, you got to kill the image. And I'm like, what you mean? He was like, Nah, who you are is real, but it's not who you've always been. You can tell that story.
Speaker 1: Now for people that don't know who andre Ward is and how you got in the box, and break that down a little bit.
Speaker 2: What got you into boxing? What made you love boxing?
Speaker 16: My daddy, My daddy, I was My first love was baseball. You know, I was a picture on the shortstop and but I was always competitive, always, you know, just competitive, like I'm a sore winner and a sored loser. And my daddy started telling me about his amateur careers. You know, he was a fifteen and ois a heavyweight, and I'm like, what you mean?
Speaker 7: You box?
Speaker 16: And my dad, you know, like I said, he raised me as a single parents. I'm like, I'm gonna do it. I didn't even think about it. And that was like that was the first seed. That was something. And my dad being my dad, you know, and I talk about this in the book, you like, and we're gonna do it.
Speaker 7: We're gonna do it.
Speaker 16: Right, You're not gonna quit. But the first day I walked in the gym, man, it was love at first sight. And I didn't even really understand what that was. I just knew the sights and the sounds and speedbag, the heavy bag, you know, the smells of the gym, you know, hearing people ha ha ha hitting the bag and sparring.
Speaker 7: I knew I loved it. I knew I loved it. I wasn't very good when we first started.
Speaker 2: Was he hard on you there?
Speaker 16: But that's why my dad couldn't train it. You know my dad was you know, he was all or nothing. You know, I told you to get your bleep bleep hands up, man, just what you're doing, move your.
Speaker 7: Head, and me I would shut down. I don't respond to that.
Speaker 16: And shortly after I started, we met Virgil, my godfather, lifelong trainer, and verbs had a different finesse about it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 16: He would he would, babe, try this, dude, get your hands up enough. I responded to that. So my dad was wise enough to pass me on the verb.
Speaker 5: We don't hear those stories enough about single fathers, yes, rare he How did that impact you?
Speaker 2: Not have a mother now? You always hear about a father now, man.
Speaker 16: The good part of it was I got to see a man get up every day and go to work. My father would always say, you know, I got my struggles. And my father he struggled with heroin addiction, but he was a functional at it, and my mother was a full blown you know, she was in San Francisco.
Speaker 7: I'm in the East Bay.
Speaker 16: And she's completely in her addiction. And my dad will say, I don't care what I'm going through. I'm not leaving, you know. So just seeing him get up every day he owned his own business, get up every day and go to work. He struggled at night. He had that monkey on his back when he came home. But that showed me what manhood was about. That gave me a strength about me and a confidence about me. Not having the mother there that I didn't have that nurturing. I was raised by a bachelor. I didn't have that, that gentleness, that balanced that a young man needs. So now when I get into a relationship, I wonder why I got mistrust and distrust for this young lady, my wife, Tiffany that I'm that I say I love. I can't see the truck because the most important woman in my life at the time, she wasn't there. So it took me time, Charlota Mane to start realizing the mother womb. We talk about father wounds, but the mother woman that I had going into adulthood and how that followed me. And I didn't realize this until later in life, and I had to do a lot of work, and you know, I'm in a much better place now, but not having my mother there, it definitely impacted me for sure.
Speaker 1: How did you get over there? I mean, not having a mom in your life, Like you say, that sensitive side, that nurturing inside because you know, dad, especially in that era, is you fall, get your ass back because you better not cry.
Speaker 2: That was dads back then.
Speaker 1: But you didn't have that other side of mom said well let me let me hug you, let me hold up, so let me make you feel better. So how did you get over it?
Speaker 16: I mean the first thing is just identifying what it was. Took a lot of lumps to get there, you know what I'm saying, because I'm you know, I'm not trusting and I'm blaming her, I'm not loving her the way I should, and I'm blaming her.
Speaker 7: And it just took me.
Speaker 16: You know, really, when I crossed over and got out the streets and really settled down and gave my life to God, I started really being able to hear my thoughts and really put the patterns together, and then remember the struggles that my dad had, Like, man, my dad struggled with this too, And then getting around you know, they say a few good men, my pastor and a couple of good court brothers that I have, and just them helping me identify certain things and talk can through that stuff. And for me, when I talk through things with the right person, it's cathartic, it's therapeutic, like even writing a book, Like it's a lot of pain, you pulling off old scabs and old wounds, but the end is it's good. So really just identifying what it was, understanding what it was, acknowledging it, and then allowing the help to help me.
Speaker 5: I wonder how did that how you talk about your wife, but I'm talking about this relationship with women period, how did that affect you not having a mom, How did you look at women like throughout your whole life?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 7: Like I said, it was just distrust and mistrust.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did it ever comes to a point like where your wife where y'all want a verge of divorce or separation? Or was she just always very patient understood from the jump.
Speaker 16: Oh no, we went at it for sure. Yeah yeah, but you know you got to realize too. We started super young, like first first child. We met in high school. First child sixteen years old, second child eighteen years old.
Speaker 7: And I'm living with vergs.
Speaker 16: Like I said, my godfather training his wife and she mad were going at it and Bird just sit us down. This is how you want to carry yourself as a wife and as a woman, dre and he I felt like he was always taking her side, Like why you're always taking her side? Nah, he said, listen, I'm trying to I'm trying to help you. Man, sit down and stop talking. And he would just sit us down and break it down. He would open the wordness and that's how you're supposed to carry yourself. Now, look when he go to the gym on and this is again we're seventeen, eighteen years old, nineteen years old.
Speaker 7: He go to the gym all day.
Speaker 16: Don't as soon as he come through the door, start yelling at him and telling him what he didn't do. You gotta give him a chance to unwind, take a shower, eat, and then go talk to him. So I see her listening. Then he get on me, man, you need to stop reacting like that, bro.
Speaker 7: You trip it.
Speaker 16: It was that type of counseling that we had that wasn't even like formal counseling, but it was him sitting down and this is in the middle of him going through his own personal marital stuff. He would sit us down to educate us about what he believed the wife was supposed to look like bek and what a husband was supposed to be like.
Speaker 7: And it was a lie.
Speaker 1: How didn't know you would the one one it came to boxing, you know, because everybody, I mean, you go to these gyms, like everybody thinks they had won to go to gleasings and everybody's like that the next How did they know.
Speaker 2: That you were the one out of all that? What was that something that somebody seen?
Speaker 16: It didn't start out like that, you know, Like I said, I think it just started out something I wanted to do and I went in there and I had to really pay my dues the first couple of years, like I was getting beat all over the ring.
Speaker 1: Because you said the Olympics like you were ready for it.
Speaker 16: But it got to a certain point where once I overcame in that gym. After that first year, we call it being battle tested. Once I got battle tested in that gym, then it was like, all right, let's go to the nationals. Once I won my first national title at ten years old in nineteen ninety six. Once I did that, I think everybody starts saying that, men, he could be the one. And it sounds crazy when I'm ten years old. But I kept winning, and I kept winning, and then we start, you know, vergis the counter and saying but we got.
Speaker 7: Nine years to the Olympic.
Speaker 16: We got seven years, and I just I turned into this prodigy and I gave up my whole childhood to do it. So it went for me looking like I might not have it to all of a sudden, He's going to be the one. So at a certain point it became a fourgon c lousing I'm gonna go to the Lilympics. Want to go medal turn pro, win championships and make a lot of money. Like that just was the conversation in my home. It sounds crazy, but that's what it was.
Speaker 1: All right. We got more with andre Ward when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast club. Good morning, m V. Jesse Hilarius Charlaamae.
Speaker 1: The guy was still kicking it with boxer well retired boxer andre Ward Charlamagne.
Speaker 5: I want to go back to your parents just for a couple more questions. Were you ever afraid that the disease of addiction would would get you?
Speaker 16: It did get me, Oh man, it did get me. And it wasn't a long time, but it was long enough. I had a two three year stint where you know, some people say generational curses, some people say generational pattern. They had me and I was already you know, dibbling with weed and starting to drink, probably sixteen years old. I mean, it really stemmed from this. I believe, like I said, my mother was a was a full blown adict. My daddy was a functional attic. Once I started realizing that my dad was struggling, and I no longer was buying the lines, and I'm just you know, he would my dad would go to work all day and he would come home and and you know, talk to me and my brother, and he would go up in that room and he would always have a water run and it'd be like an hour or two hours. When my daddy came out, his face was flushed and he just acting funny's slurring, and I didn't I didn't understand what was going on. Then I started putting it together. I found a needle. I'm questioning him about that. Then I got to the age where I'm like, man, you're getting high. Then that bitterness and that resentment and all that anger started to rise up. So what I do is I go to what's familiar to my family, alcohol and drugs. But I'm hiding at this point. When my father dies at eighteen years old, that was my excuse just to go buck Wow.
Speaker 7: And I did.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: Jess and I were talking about this a couple of weeks ago, and this is a no judgment zone. What I always wanted to know, like when you see something affect your family in a negative way, right, I think we were talking about bow Wow. I was talking about he see mac millerdo lean and passed away from it, but then he tried it. And I always wanted to know the mind frame of somebody seeing it destroyed somebody but saying I'm gonna try it, I can overcome her, Like what's that mind frame?
Speaker 2: Because you see what it's doing, and you see what it does you still say I try it?
Speaker 7: It depends, Bro.
Speaker 16: You got to realize it's forces behind them, generational curses. It ain't just natural. It's forces behind it, and them forces follow you, generational and you don't have to give into it.
Speaker 7: But once you open that door and you.
Speaker 16: Say, yeah, I'm gonna try this now zone And I wasn't emotionally mentally mature enough to be able to make those decisions. All I knew was I was hurting. I'm dealing with depression. I'm dealing with anxiety, and I don't know that that's what it is. All I know is when I drink something or when I smoke something, I don't feel.
Speaker 7: That way no more. That edge is taken onporarily.
Speaker 16: But once I got myself together, and you know, I got clean and I got I kicked all of that stuff. Then I started thinking the way you said, I'm never gonna touch that again. I gotta do something different from my kids. But I wasn't at that stage. I didn't have that kind of strength and power. And it's interesting too, because my dad, my grandfather, Harold, he was an a functional alcoholic great man, but he had a drinking problem. My dad vowed I never touched a drink because my dad only told me he loved me when he was drunk, and he never did. But then he turned to hear them. So it's a slippery slope.
Speaker 2: Would you say you replaced one addiction with another when you took up boxing.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't say I replaced it.
Speaker 16: I would say, man, I got free, And I would say that I just channeled who I am as a person that drive that focus toward the right thing. You know, I don't look at boxing like an addiction, and I always have tried to.
Speaker 7: And it's not easy.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 16: I don't want to sit here and act like it's an easy thing. But I've always tried to keep that sport in its proper place because I knew it was in one day. And I'm fortunate that God always put me around people who would walk that walk. My pastor Napoleon Coft and form a raider. He played All American in college, six years as a professional runner back, and then he did. He went in the ministry and never looked back. I had him to talk to me, Dray, Listen, man, this is what you do, it's not who you are. Guy's got other up for you bro a, enjoy it, give it all you got, but it's not gonna always be there. So I had people like that in my ear so when the time came, the impact wasn't its hard.
Speaker 2: What effected losing your father have on you? And what was your relationship?
Speaker 16: Like I mean, my dad was my mother and my father. For many many years, that was my everything, and it had a profound effect and I still feel it to this day. Now this thing isn't as as strong, but I had times when I'm with my kids and I just drift off.
Speaker 7: And I'm thinking, like, man, my dad can see this right now.
Speaker 16: He lived long enough to see my first child, Dre Junior, and Tiffany was pregnant with our second child, Malacho, and then he passed in two thousand and two. I have moments like that. I think about how my career would have been different if my dad was here. I think about me helping my dad and giving back to him and buying in my house or just you know, just just doing life with him. I wish I had my father there to talk about life. I got questions, man, even at forty years I just turned forty. Men, I'm still trying to figure it out. I think about that stuff are all the time. It was a devastating loss, man, devastating loss. But I don't want to ever say I got over it. But I've been able to cope with it, deal with it, and you know, hopefully make him proud with the life that I live.
Speaker 3: Because you retired at thirty three?
Speaker 2: Yeah young?
Speaker 3: Yeah did all that right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So if your dad was here, you would have would have gone longer, you believe.
Speaker 16: So, I don't know what, Like my dad loved boxing, but he wouldn't like my dad was always focused on the man, you know, Like he was always focused on me and my character and the type of play that he was always big on that, So I don't my dad. I don't think my dad would have been trying to push me to stay in the sport. I think it probably would have been the opposite. He might have wanted me to ended a little bit earlier than when I did.
Speaker 2: How did you know it was time then?
Speaker 5: Because he was undefeated, like, yeah, thirteen, relatively young in the sport.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like what made you? How did you know it's time to hang the gloves up? Man?
Speaker 16: I started feeling it two three years before I did it. And I would always ask the other athletes, how did you know? And they would all say the same thing.
Speaker 7: You just gonna know. You're gonna wake up one day and you don't want to do it.
Speaker 16: So I started hearing myself Charlotte Magne say that our word three four years before. I would just say stuff and I'd be like, oh, yeah, what you just said? I and I would I would be aware of that. I'm self aware, like yo and you talking like that. But I still had to drive. I'm still looking good, I'm still sharp, and went through the laws superior with my promoter, going through that where you know, money going out and no money coming in, and I'm like, look, man, I'm gonna end this on my turn. They trying to start me out. If I'm gonna go out, I'm gonna go out of my own term. My pastor like now, I don't do it. My wife like it's too it's premature, don't do it. Don't don't send that letter out you just wrote and got through that. Had my run with Rock Nation for three years, and uh, it got to the point after the first COVID left fight, I thought I was done. After that, my body was starting to break down. You know, I've had multiple knee surgeries and stuff, and it wasn't boxing related. It's just all the preparation, all the training, and man, you just want your freedom back. Like I'm the type of person that when I do something, I really do it like I'm locked in, Like it's just the way I am. I didn't want to be that guy all the time. My body's starting to break down. My kids weren't high school. It was like all these mitigating circumstances Charlotte, Maine that start adding up. You know, I'm a numbers cruncher, so I'm crunching the numbers like, man, okay, if I get this much on my money every year, And it wasn't it. Just like my pastor was like, Bro, you're not gonna be able to figure that out. You're gonna have to step out on face. So if you if you want to walk, you gotta walk in faith. If you're gonna stay, you gotta stay in faith. So I went and talked to him after COVID AED one and I was like, man, I think I'm done. I had been in the gym in three months, and that's not like me. I'm like, man, I have no desire to be in no gym. I just fought the dude that they said I wasn't gonna fight and want a close decision. Everybody say, all you lost you this, I said, but what am I doing this for? And he sat there and I just I just knew he was gonna co sign what I was saying. He sat there, he was like, I think I can see you doing one more and I'm like, yeah, but I ain't got the this. They he said, once you go that fire, come back. And I remember leaving his office disappointed because every time I talk about retirement, every time I talk about getting my freedom back, somebody always giving me a reason to stay. So it's weird, right, Like I knew I was gonna miss it, but I'm also fighting to get out of it. And this is after I did this since I was nine. So people don't do the math. You're just thirty three, But you got to date that back to nine years old and the toad that that takes mentally, physically, emotionally, the things that I missed, the things that I couldn't be a part of and do the pressure that I have on me. I hadn't lost a fight since I was fourteen years old.
Speaker 7: That's pressure.
Speaker 16: So you get to a point that even though I can do this, I don't know if I want to do this. Win far Cobla the second time, and I know it was time. When you say freedom, like, what do you mean? Like the simple things like wanting to eat what you want to eat or noth having to be on the training regimen? Like what do you mean when you say freedom? Boxing consumes you? I feel like it has to if you're going to be elite. Like if I was on this trip right now, I would have to be doing the math. When was the last time I ran? Like I eat now, I try to eat good for my health, but I would have to eat good for performance. Right where you weigh at? Well, hey man, you when you're coming back all of that kind of stuff. I was always on the clock, always an obligation, always on the clock, and nobody put more pressure on me than me. So I was tired of myself. I need a break for me, because I know how I get with competition. I need a break for me. I deserve to miss a week or two. If I want to miss a week or two, that feels good to be able to do that. I wouldn't be able to do that if I was active.
Speaker 1: Will no move Boxer, Andre water Store, This is the Breakfast Club. The Morning Retired has a new book out right now.
Speaker 5: Charloamae, When did you realize you were turning generational curses and the generational blessing.
Speaker 16: That's a good question, man. I think when when I start allowing God to get me together. When I start, my eyes started to get clear, and I started to see things right. When I started to learn what it meant to to mour in my father's death. Didn't know what that meant. When I started being honest about where I was and being honest about my emotions and feelings. When I started acknowledging the mother wound, and I I was affecting my relationship with Tiffany, Like when I started like that, that's I believe, that's being a real man. When I was able to humble myself and really start acknowledging these things, I started that I was shifting a pair of down. The paradine was shifting, and generationally the curse has to stop with somebody. And I believe that God was using me and my wife to stop a lot of the things that have been in our family, generational even even poverty, certain poverty mentalities, and I just believe I was helping me and my wife to break that.
Speaker 7: So self has started with me. I got to get me right.
Speaker 16: I can't lead a family. I can't leave my wife, I can't leave my kids. I can't do it unless I'm getting myself together perfect by no means. But I'm saying them blatant things, them blatant sins and things that generational things that we're talking about.
Speaker 7: I can't do those things and be the proper leader.
Speaker 2: When it comes to God.
Speaker 5: Do you remember the moment, our event that caused you to like really strengthen your faith in your belief?
Speaker 16: My father always gave me a foundation in a word. And it's interesting because I didn't grow up in the church like that, but my father had an understanding and he would open up the Bible, say, man, you got you know, I probably gave my life to God, probably like times when I.
Speaker 7: Was a kid, just making sure that didn't work, you know what I'm saying, and just young and not knowing no better.
Speaker 16: But I always had a respect and a reverence for God. And you know, when I started getting notoriety like you know, I'm aging myself right now. But the newspapers would come to the school and they would want to do an article on me and my brother. My dad would be like, man, make sure you give God glory and stuff. And I didn't really fully understand, and I was scared to do it at that time. My brother, he was outspoken, this, dude, we're Christian. I'm like, bro, shut up, bro, like you always like.
Speaker 7: I wasn't there.
Speaker 16: He was there, but that's where it started. But that was my father's face. And then when I start going through life and then I lost him, I was angry at God. I didn't want them to do a church. God, nothing like you allowed this to happen. I didn't acknowledge that I was already slipping and tripping before my dad died.
Speaker 7: It was his fault.
Speaker 16: And every time I would smoke something, every time I would drink something, every time i'd be in a situation, I felt like my conscience was still there. I wasn't completely gone, but I would think, man, you're not supposed to.
Speaker 7: Be doing this. Bro, And vergs to tell me, and I talk about this in the book.
Speaker 16: Verge was not only a boxing trainer, but he worked in a probation department of juvenile off for twenty five year and Verge had and has a gift for young men. He can look at you and say something, make you laugh, but also get at you at the same time. And he used to sit there in the kitchen Man in East Ookland, Man where we lived, and he would say, he say, brother, you ain't gonna get God a and gonna let you get away with nothing. And this is when I'm in the thick of it. And I would get mad and be like, man, why you haint knowing me? Man, I'm just trying to do my thing and live my life. Say look, man, I hear you, but I'm telling you, God ain't gonna let you get away with nothing.
Speaker 7: And sure enough I'd be in a car full of dudes. You come here. I couldn't get away with nothing.
Speaker 16: I could do a little bit, but every time I try to step it up. So those things were starting to chip away at me. And I knew even though I'm still doing I knew, like, man, this ain't gonna last long. I'm not gonna have a long career in the streets.
Speaker 1: I'm just not.
Speaker 7: So it was that kind of stuff Charlemagne.
Speaker 16: When I'm in a thick of my situation and I'm rejecting him, He's still running after me, right, And it wasn't to the point to where life was really happening. I had another child and stuff just start piling up. I had to look up and have a conversation with God. Man, I had I was off some ecstasy, and I talk about this in the in the in the in the in the beginning of the book, and my heart racing, and I knew I was gonna die.
Speaker 7: I just knew it.
Speaker 16: And it took that Charlot Magne for me to get through my anger, get through my frustration. When the pressure hit, I knew where to go. And I looked up and had a conversation with God and he sentially made a deal with it.
Speaker 7: Man, you let me live. I'm done, I'm tired.
Speaker 16: I'm sorry forgetting I had to And I made it through that, obviously, And that was the start of my journey. Did it happen overnight, though, But I started softening my heart. I started being open to God again. I started being I started listening to Verge a little bit more. You know, the window was closing for the Olympics. I'm probably two years out at this point, and and it was little by little man, but slowly but surely, man, when I saw God supernaturally take the desire and the taste for alcohol, drugs and everything else from me. Some people may have to go to a program, and I don't knock that. Everybody got that different stuff. But when I saw that happen, I was like, man, this stuff is real. When I started to develop my own faith and my own relationship, and I started to sense and feel God speaking to me and helping me, and it wasn't just my father's faith no more.
Speaker 7: That was that was a memorial. I never forget that. I never forget that.
Speaker 16: And then giving me the power to sustain me all these years in a sport like boxing, being a young father and a young husband, like, man, I'm not that good. Like without a relationship with God and having that power working in my life. Oh, y'all gonna be reading about me on the bottom of the taker for sure. In one part of my mind says, all you would have held it together, you would have been fine. But the other part of me saying, you're.
Speaker 1: Not that good.
Speaker 2: So that's the apothea syndrome.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so's it's all the process that got me to his feet and then everything that ensued after I've seen too much, Charla Mane, and I've experienced too much to go back. I just had personal experience where it's like do and I'm not the kind of person that can just read a rule book and then try to follow it, Like I need to feel something tangible, something that's real.
Speaker 7: I felt that, and I feel that to this day.
Speaker 5: What made you start going into like seek therapy and things of that nature, Because a lot of people that's very spiritual, they say, oh, God is enough.
Speaker 2: What made you realize I needed something else?
Speaker 16: Well, I got great counselors at my church. I chose to go that route because I wanted a godly perspective with it. You know, I don't knock anybody else. You got to know what's good for you, right. But then it just kind of naturally happened. I wasn't like, all right, I didn't gonna make a conscious decision. I just started talking to my pastor, and him, being who he is a wise man, be like, well, tell me about that, and I'm I'm I'm all of a sudden in the counseling session and didn't even realize that I was in the counseling session. But I knew I felt better after talking about it and in him tell me, well, man, you may want to think about that. Man, man, I see I know you're going through that right now, but God's gonna see you through. And he had vision beyond what I was going through. That kind of stuff stimulated me, gave me hope. It gave me the ability to believe the man, I can. I can do this, this husband thing. I could be a father, man I could. I could be in this career still.
Speaker 7: Represent God and I'd be weird of noxious about it, but just live the life in front of it. I can do this. So it just kind of happened. Charlamgne.
Speaker 16: It wasn't really a conscious decision, but I knew I felt better when I did it. I knew I felt lighter. I knew it gave me hope, and I do it to this day when I feel that pressure hit. Yeah, I have my relationship with God, but I got a core group of brothers that I call I gotta. I got a few people at my church I can put past. I need to holl let you I need to come what's what's going on?
Speaker 7: Comes to nout. I need that, So I just begin to see the value of it over time.
Speaker 3: I just reported a story about Ryan gonna see it and everything that he's going through now when we were having a conversation earlier about should they call his fight because he seems to be, you know, just going through so many things and just you know, and publicly we're seeing it, you know what I mean, like, how what would you what do you have to say to speak to that?
Speaker 16: Or he's in a tough spot right now because you've got this fight coming up and you do not have time for self care or you got to prepare for war.
Speaker 7: So it's it's it's this stuff is coming at a bad time. And it didn't just come. This stuff.
Speaker 16: It's probably been going on and it's just showing itself now. I don't know about the social media stuff and if that stuff is him, because he did put out a video saying that he didn't have access to his stuff. But the things that I've heard him say, it seems I it seems off. I'm not trying to minimize a marginalize what he seems to be going through, but you know his father was like, oh, he's just trolling the wrong way. I've heard him say things about trolling, so I don't believe it's just trolling. But you you know, he's got a lot of follower he's got a big following. You wonder like, man, is this some of this stuff? But I think my gut is saying that it's real, and it's just he's no longer able to hide it or keep it behind the scenes. He's in a real tough spot right now because of his fight. But I think, and I don't know if he should cancel the fight or if he's gonna even be able to get through a training training camp.
Speaker 2: It's a lot.
Speaker 7: You pushing your body past the limit two three times a day.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 7: When do you have time to focus on yourself? You don't, and he's not.
Speaker 16: So it's really sad to see it, and it's really concerning to see because young kid with a lot, a lot of money, big following, but it's clearly something going on.
Speaker 2: On the back of the book you have what if I die? Why did you have that question?
Speaker 16: That was the moment that I was telling you all about where I felt like I was gonna overdose. Yeah, that was the moment, and for me being hard head at that time of my life, that's what it took, unfortunately, but it's a it's a moment I'll never forget.
Speaker 7: This is a human interest story, man. This is about a young.
Speaker 16: Man who had a dream, who almost lost it all and gave his life to God. And it's just been trying to walk this thing out and do life. But just do it better than my family members did it, and hopefully my kids will do it.
Speaker 7: Better than I didn't.
Speaker 2: That's right. You have it, andre Ward.
Speaker 5: Killing the image bookstores everywhere right now, everywhere you buy books, go get it.
Speaker 2: That's right. And it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: Hey NV, just hilarious charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to jest with the message.
Speaker 3: Just rob the miwork, just don't do is gonna bring numbers.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Club, the stocks stocks.
Speaker 3: Now we can get back into a Jerroi Carmichael. He is starting to put out his own documentaries on HBO. Now his parents do not support him being gay. At one point, his mother tries to pray his gay away. This whole debut March twenty ninth. Y'all, we have a little snip bit of the trailer.
Speaker 2: I have a boyfriend now.
Speaker 19: When I came out, yeah, reacted like someone died. It hurt my feelings. Mom basically said I was going to held I.
Speaker 1: Didn't like the Bible.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody's being hard on you.
Speaker 2: I think people are calling you to do better.
Speaker 1: Hell lord, I'll come to you.
Speaker 3: Gerard. And I take the desire from my son to be with a mail and he's a slam my part.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 7: This times to be discussed on camera.
Speaker 19: Yes I bring in cameras, and yes that's my way, and yes I'm afraid to have these conversations without them.
Speaker 2: It's just blut. How many specially this draw call Michaels gonna do about being gay? I don't love that's my guy.
Speaker 5: Every docuseries, every special, it's like he's almost like he's coming out again for.
Speaker 2: The first time.
Speaker 1: Would you pray with your mom, if your mom trying to pray the gay away, would you would you sit down like Molas.
Speaker 3: Pray The respect that he has for his mom, I think that he just Yeah, it's tough, but something that I just don't like that, she said in her prayer.
Speaker 2: She was like, God, we come to you, and I.
Speaker 3: Didn't come to You know, he's just showing respect to his mother, you know what I'm saying, but his dad. I think what's more interesting about this docuseries or whatever is that it sheds the light on his.
Speaker 2: Parents not supporting him in that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: You know, this is the first time, right, the first docuseries he did. This was even before his special. The special was called. I forgot what the special was called. But the first dot you said he did with HBO, he told them and it was like they didn't even care.
Speaker 2: It was just like nonchalant about it.
Speaker 1: This joking.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And by the way, it felt like the public didn't even care. Nobody said anything about it. We talked about it when he came up here, and then when he did the special, when he said it in the special, everybody's like, oh, draw Carmichael comes out. But I'm like, he said that before, So I guess this is a continuation of it. Maybe he needed to do them closer together. You are like sequels that are coming out two three four years apart.
Speaker 1: Still life though, and he's still trying to figure out that still having these conversations with his family, and.
Speaker 3: You can tell that he's very close with his parents, so it may affect him that they react in that way. But the first time, going back to like you said, when they told him and when he told them and they didn't really care, maybe that was the way they did it on camera because oh, Dad is like, do we gotta do this on camera?
Speaker 2: He was like, yeah, this is the way that I want to be known.
Speaker 3: So maybe behind the scenes they're treating him a different way, like they're just totally like undermining him who he is, who he prefers to be.
Speaker 2: That could be dangers too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's why he wants.
Speaker 2: It to be on camera. Just start just stop paying for everything.
Speaker 5: They can't accept your life, if they can't accept who you are and your lifestyle, and stop paying.
Speaker 2: For they paying for everything. Is he paying for everything.
Speaker 7: His parents might have?
Speaker 2: I'm sure yes, I'm sure does very well for himself. His family's in North Carolina. Yes, and he loves his family, so of course he takes care. But if you don't love my life, though, I bet y'all stop paying for ever. You know what I'm saying. Rithaniel. That was the name of the spion. But it's it's very deadly.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say deadly, but it could be odd when you have older parents and you put them on camera and you start talking because something like my parents.
Speaker 2: No filters, there's no filter. Want his good nineties gay slurs. Let me put my daddy up. That's why he don't even meant him. He don't even meet him in the way y'all mean. But that's why I hope he'll listen to about this club you're feeling right now. It's with the cowboy out there in Kidfield.
Speaker 1: Was happening right to your cowboys roper, Remember he told me shut up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can tell you right knock. Can hear him in my head? Tell that Bige.
Speaker 3: Every day?
Speaker 2: Why do you act?
Speaker 1: Gay?
Speaker 18: Son?
Speaker 2: Act anyway?
Speaker 3: Drake Bell opens up about sexual abuse. A few weeks ago, I reported an upcoming docum series is called Quiet on Set The Dark Side of Kids TV. It's an ID Channel documentary that will reveal the unsafe work environment for child actors who worked with Dan Schnyder. In the earlier promos, they never revealed which child actor experienced the sexual abuse.
Speaker 2: But in the latest round of promo, Drake Bell comes forward.
Speaker 3: Drake Bell is from Like All That The Amanda Show, and he later later became known for his own Nickelodeon show, Drake and Josh. Drake will be speaking on being sexually abused by Brian Peck. Brian Peck was a dialogue coach for Nickelodeon. In two thousand and four, he was convicted of sexual abuse and charge sexual abuse charges in order to register as a sex offender. Now, in two thousand and three, he was arrested on eleven charges related to sexual abuse allegations involving an anonymous minor. And people seem to think that that anonymous minor is Drake Bell. And then what's interesting is in two thousand and four, Peck pleaded no contest to oral corporation with a minor under sixteen and performing a leude act with a fourteen or fifteen year old. Last month, the cast members from Boy Meets World, which is one of my favorite shows, spoke about supporting Brian Pack during his trial. Now, he had showed up to court with a lot of stars with him, you know, to support him, right, and they have a podcast or whatever, and then they he had kicked it to them like he was innocent, and when they came and they saw the case on fold, they was like, Nah, this man is not innocent. So they actually went on the podcast and talked about how ashamed that they were that they even decided to support him, and the victim's mother turned and said, look at all the famous people you brought with you, and it doesn't change what you did to my kid. I just sat there wanting to die. That was what the victim's mom said.
Speaker 2: What's that coming up?
Speaker 3: The documentary is set to air March seventeenth, and they will air on Max.
Speaker 2: So I'm watching that.
Speaker 5: I'm interested in that too, just because I want to see how an institution like Nickelodeon, as big as it was, they didn't have proper protections in place for kids. The whole network is centered around child stars. Yeah, they're not a system in place to protect these children.
Speaker 2: And Drake Bell was not the only one.
Speaker 3: And then what's crazy on the quiet on the set trailer, it's producers on there acting like they don't know what's going to It was somebody?
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't somebody on one of our shows? Was it and the lady behind the camera was like, yes it was, and they sitting there, I'm sorry, they acting just like the Nickelodeon kids back in the day, like and acting. They asked off like they don't know what the documentary is about.
Speaker 2: So what you thought this was?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh no, Maybe they didn't know what was happening to the kids, is what they were trying to say. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it, but well we'd see March seventeenth. What's going on?
Speaker 2: That's just for the mess for the second album.
Speaker 1: Danky Jess Charlemagne will give it that down, Cue man far.
Speaker 2: After the hour.
Speaker 5: I need a news anchor named Corey Stark from Saint Louis to come to the front of the congregation. But we're gonna use this as a teachable moment. Are a moment to bring some much needed change. We'll discuss when we come back.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get to that next.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club, Warner.
Speaker 18: You're checking out the Breakfast Club, Charlaage. Some donkey to day is just sudden, Charlotte Man, I was ready.
Speaker 19: For the day.
Speaker 2: I never read the Donkey other day.
Speaker 12: What is it.
Speaker 2: Again, charlamn Y you are.
Speaker 7: Every day, Charlotte Lane the same It's true.
Speaker 2: Donkey today for Thursday March seventh.
Speaker 5: Today the seventh raight Yees Thursday March seventh goes to Saint Louis news station k m OB and one of their anchors, Corey Stark. Now, I'm gonna give this man donkey of the day for what he did, Okay, because to be making this mistake in twenty twenty four is insanity. But we're gonna have to have a family discussion too, because I'm sick of you hypocritical, contradicting ass colored folks not being consistent. All Right, we have to be the change we want to see in the world, and I'm gonna get to that in one second.
Speaker 2: Now. KMOV has been forced to issue an apology.
Speaker 5: Corey Stark has been forced to issue after issue an apology after he said this American.
Speaker 20: Dream, but tonight colored homeowners are sounding the A arm when it comes to undervalue to home appraisals.
Speaker 2: Play it one with time, Right.
Speaker 20: American dream, but tonight colored homeowners are sounding the A arm when it comes to undervalued to home appraisals.
Speaker 5: Okay, Corey said, tonight colored homeowners are sounding the alarm when it comes to undervalued home appraisals, and the colors lost their minds about it. Now, First of all, the fact that the word colored is distracting from the actual point of the story Corey was trying to tell. It's hilarious to me, okay, And the story he was trying to tell is that black people were sounding the alarm on undervalued home appraisals. Okay, the impact of racial bias on home appraisals is something that needs to be discussed and amplified. But folks are talking about that right now because they're too busy being upset over the use of the word colored.
Speaker 2: This is us distracting us. Okay.
Speaker 5: We complain about our issues not being spoken about in the media, but when they are, we have found a way to deflect to something else.
Speaker 2: Now, like I said, Kmov and.
Speaker 5: Corey Stark are getting the biggest he haf because this is just a stupid mistake to make in twenty twenty four. All right, we have seen enough examples of white people using the word colored to know this wasn't going in Well. Whoever put that and the prompter is an idiot. Corey Stark repeating it is an idiot, all right. Corey said the words should have never come out of his mouth, and he blamed it on a change to the teleprompter. He said the phrase initially was homeowners of color, but it was later changed.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: The National Association of Black Journalists said they were appalled and disappointed by its use. They released a statement where they said colored is an offensive term due to its use shites during segregation in the US and the Jim Crow era. It has fallen out of use due to its negative connotation. Remember that line. Okay, The term colored has fallen out of use due to its negative connotation. The NABJ continued by saying, it is upsetting that such a slur would make it to the air. The term is outdated, offensive and racist. I need us to remember all of this language, all of this rhetoric. Okay, The njAB said, KMOV are oh yeah. njAB said they are concerned that KMOV that nobody in the newsroom caught this era and they question their editorial process when it comes to cultural awareness.
Speaker 2: Yes, because Saint Louis is forty percent.
Speaker 5: Black and the city is no stranger to racial strife, we would hope KMOV would be more sensitive to how it covers the black community.
Speaker 2: I agree with all of that.
Speaker 5: Okay, other communities don't let play, don't let people play with them when it comes to racial slurs, and we shouldn't let people play with us either. Now, Corey Stark did issue an apology. He said, KMOV is meeting with community members is we describe to do better every day. The words should have never come out of my mouth, and it does not reflect who I am or what first alert for represents.
Speaker 2: End quote.
Speaker 5: Now this is where it gets a little confus for me. You know, I'm not the highest grade weed in the dispensary, nor am I a strong as avengers.
Speaker 2: So bear with me. I'm always open to learning, So school me if I'm wrong here.
Speaker 5: But John Bowman, who is the Saint Louis County president for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Colored People, says he contacted KMOV right after the broadcast because the word colored is triggering for the black community. The president for the NUBACP of Saint Louis, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, says the word colored is triggering for the black community. Nobody gonna say nothing with me.
Speaker 2: Strange. I've said this before. Okay, I've said this before.
Speaker 5: But if the National Association of Black Journalists says colored is an offensive term due to its usage during segregation in the US and the Jim Crow era, and they said it's falling out of use due to its negative connotation, and they said it's outdated, offensive and racist. With all that said, don't you think it's time for the n double ACP to make a name change.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Imagine the president of the n DOUBLEACP in Saint Louis making a call to KMOV saying, hello, this is John Bowman from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, and I think the word colored is triggering.
Speaker 2: For the black community. That sounds stupid.
Speaker 20: I know.
Speaker 5: Sometimes these crackers just want to be like nigga please, okay, all right. I agree with everything the NABJ said about the word color. I agree with what John Bowman said about the word color. But I also think we look like devil, damn fool saying we are offended by this word when the NAACP is right there using the word So, how was Corey Stark or any other other supposed to say the full name of the NUBACP, the National Association for the Advancement to See Word People.
Speaker 2: HM, Like, what are we doing? Okay, black people, shouldn't we practice what we preach.
Speaker 5: I'm one of those people who believe whatever I demand from you, I much first demand to myself. So I'm gonna need you colors to figure this out. Okay, at least before the next Black History Month, right, because when you don't practice what you preach, all I can hear isocracy.
Speaker 2: Please let Chelsea handle give kmov and Corey start the biggest he hall hee haw hee haw. That is way too much.
Speaker 5: Dan Maynes right now, want color beyond social media? Argument with me, y'all talk among yourselves and figure that out.
Speaker 2: That is crazy.
Speaker 3: How you gonna somebody no get to day or coloring it up? And then you're calling us colors.
Speaker 5: Because I have donated to the National Association for the Advancement of Color People.
Speaker 3: And that's crazy because I feel like trash because I was nominated for the.
Speaker 2: People, two of them that's good for being for the b M film right to change it.
Speaker 1: Changing.
Speaker 2: I'm not colored, but it.
Speaker 5: Does make it does they should change it? Very very confused that guy calls me. Yeah, you calling me like color people. I'm offended by the word color, but you're calling from the National National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
Speaker 2: Come on, y'all, come on, let's use some common since Yeah.
Speaker 1: Guys, come on now, and you just how people feel about the N word too, though, you know that, Yeah, ain't no organizations with the N word?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, yeah, ain'tations? You know how you know, how can people be upset with a no uganizations?
Speaker 5: And that's all play. It's all slang and slurs. And I'm not I'm not saying they're wrong either. I'm just saying that there's between slang and slurs and having an organization called the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. I agree with everything that they said about the word, you know, being offensive due to its usage during segregation in the US and the Jim Crow era and the n A b J said it's falling out of use due to its negative connotation. They said it's outdated, offensive and racist. If the president of the n double a CP and Saint Louis says the word is triggering and offensive and somebody needs to change the name of the n double a CP.
Speaker 3: And I do feel like, okay, so I get what you saying, envy, but I don't think that that's a good metaphor. I mean a good uh you know what you mean? Yeah, exactly, but we'll say what I mean, thank you A good example. I think like the football team, like the Washington Redskins. Okay, they had to change that. They are now the Washington Commanders. I think that's kind of like what that is. And I do agree they had to change that.
Speaker 1: But there's no other group of people that use a slur as a term of endearment. Though you never see a bunch of white people like you don't see.
Speaker 12: That, do you?
Speaker 8: Times?
Speaker 2: Sometimes they be doing that's playing in slurs, real organization that has existed for years now with us a hard e all nord no.
Speaker 1: Oh like trigger but yeah, yeah, you know what when we come back down that Rowland to be doing us think for that donkey.
Speaker 3: Day just like a colored it's just.
Speaker 2: Colored.
Speaker 1: Nobody saying color what Oh my goodness down rawlins comedian when we come back and don't moves to breakfast club, go boarding the breakfast club morning everybody, it's DJ M V Jesse Larry Charlamage, the guy we are to Breakfast Club. We have a special guest in the building as a Netflix special that's out right now.
Speaker 4: I'm familiar with the old ridden law love your friend, and this unwritten companion, hate your enemy.
Speaker 2: I'm challenging that if you.
Speaker 4: Simply say hello to those who greet you, do you expect a metal Any run of the meal center does that.
Speaker 2: That's in a word. What I'm saying is grow up. I love you, I love you to scripture, you texted me because you texted me.
Speaker 5: Matthew five five, Media Charlamagne happy are the mild tempered? Since they would inherit the earth? That's Matthew five five. Welcome, Welcome. How are you feeling, brother, I feel very mild. In fact, I'm gonna tell you this is how mald I feel. I've looked at the careers of a lot of people, right yes, and some of those people that are super hot that aren't that wild, they're not doing the same thing that the mild performers.
Speaker 4: I don't use names. I'm not talking about anybody. I mean, we could get to it. I mean it's not listen. I had a conversation with a very close friend of mind. And they said they knew that I was doing the breakfast club right, and they said, Donelle, don't do it. That's what that person says, don't breakfast.
Speaker 2: They don't do what I'm not.
Speaker 1: Used to say.
Speaker 4: They said, don't do what they're going to try to do. You always he said, don't do it. And the reason why, he said, here's the thing. You could say, I'm giving light to somebody that doesn't deserve light. I'm giving energy and pumping up something that doesn't have to be pumped up. Now we could talk about the situation. I see that sinister, nasty light skin. Looked at your having. You look very light. You look very like lighter than normal, set like. You look like like tsia like light light like. The thing is, I know it's your business as a fake journalist, as immediate personality, you have to get to the bottom of this.
Speaker 2: You have to get what people talk about in the streets. I don't want to do that, but we can't. No, I want to hear and wait, wait, what's special A new day? Know what platform? Netflix?
Speaker 4: Not on the YouTube, not a podcast? Continue Netflix. I'm just saying there's levels of.
Speaker 2: All right, yes, way that's what we do.
Speaker 4: Are you I'm still in the top ten, that's what we call from. People don't understand that to look for clicks. This is called in this business of it's called charting.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, there are a lot of shows on Netflix, and here's when the world, not just a podcast, sees you when you chart. But my special drop on the twenty seventh. The next day, it was charted at number two. Now, no, no, no, no, no, let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: Don't try to. I don't need that congratulation. I don't want your congratulations. I want to talk about the facts.
Speaker 4: I have a respectful question that before that, I have to answer this question. First, special drops question you and you were getting there?
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 4: It charted nonumber two. Yes, and it held on to number two for three days. It went to number four for a couple of days, it went to number seven. I'm not really sure even if it's charging right now. But to have a Netflix special to come out as many programs that are Netflix just to get recognized in the top ten, it's a big joint. It's a big deal, and it's the reason why I support any comic that want to follow my lead and be mild. You should do it, That's what I'm saying. And to address that, here's my thing. All right, we'll say it. I don't want to get into it. I don't want to get into it because I don't want to be messing.
Speaker 2: No, but no, no, I got to say this to it. It's in your face, you sinistered.
Speaker 7: I like, that's the type of you are.
Speaker 2: I don't get this.
Speaker 5: You've always been such a mild mannered comic. What is setting you off about this situation?
Speaker 4: The thing that's setting me up about the situation it's being called mild. I'm gonna tell you why. It's the same issue wh I here with you for a person that I'm bringing you back in when I want to, I'm gonna pray for you. Dear father, help this.
Speaker 2: All right? The point I'm making, what was the point of can you keep you on your Why you don't like to be called a mind?
Speaker 7: The reason why?
Speaker 4: And it's I say, the issue I had with you, And I said, okay, keep on trying to create the narrative that he's not funny. You don't understand it's not true. I said, to begin, let me say this, let me talk to a comedian you know the in word for us not funny and corny. As much success as you've had, and I know that if you've dealt with they, sayers and everything, and you can brush it off, your numbers don't lie. It's still something personal about somebody saying that, and you want to say you I know I'm not. And the reason why I'm gonna say that, and I'll address this first off, you got to ask who's judging me?
Speaker 2: Who is saying you mouth?
Speaker 4: If that person is now on a level of what I've done, when you talk about what your mouth saying, resume, even on a level, it's not even fair for you to make an assessment of what you think my career is because I could do I can do the resumes and.
Speaker 1: This is what I could do. Resume.
Speaker 2: You can say the resume.
Speaker 4: I know you saw scorpion balls. I know I'm I'm gonna deliver yourself. You know what I'm saying. It's like, Okay, who's judging me? And then when somebody's judging, you're making a critique of me, what are you doing? What are you doing to your career? But sitting back trying to on a mother and I take offense to anybody say not funny, because I know after thirty.
Speaker 2: Years, that's not what the streets are saying. Isn't that the sign of a narcissist? Yes, always bringing it back to you. It's not about you.
Speaker 1: But but did you open me?
Speaker 7: This interview is me?
Speaker 2: That's right day new doing it. I'm feeling good. But you opened up for him that night right a left actory?
Speaker 17: What?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 4: I think it's very petty for comedians to try to be critics of comedians when you're in the same field. Nobody does that, And I know the question is, well, what's up with all this comedy thief or whatever?
Speaker 2: And it's unfortunate who got that question? I had that question here. There's an elephant in a row.
Speaker 3: We ask every other comedian that comes up here that question. And I was gonna get to that. How you feel about the comedy beef in the climate that it's in. Let's take away the podcast? Who talks about everybody to get attention, let's.
Speaker 2: Comedy? I answer this way is to do you got to like comics, white comms, black commons? Whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the thing is in our community, we feel like it only could be one black person on top of one time. Nobody wants to share the stage. They feel like Hollywood picks this person. But everybody can win. Everybody wants to be Batman, but it's gonna be more Robbins than anything. We're not supportive of each other, very very selfish, very competitive, but not the point of everybody.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 4: We see we're talking to you. Sorry, I'm talking to a comedian. Do you want to do comedy? You can start like we did. We can do open mics. I know you have a platform and you think you could do anything. Do we interrupt cars like this? You imagine me interfering when you talking about one of your past cards.
Speaker 1: Sorry, continue anywhere in mind goodness.
Speaker 4: The question is we very very very very hateful and as bad as a climate has been in comedy, this is the common denominator with everybody that's been a subject a discussion from say say and if all these names that came up, the one thing that's common with everybody is that we all started from nothing. There's not a story of anybody's names going up that didn't come from one family house.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Nothing.
Speaker 4: Everybody, everybody they talk about had a dream and they turn their dream into reality. So my thing, if you want to be critical of that, then use that same criticism and talk about the come up, talk about the people that have done it, and let people know that this is something that you can focus on and you can do it, you can be good at it, and you.
Speaker 2: Make it successful.
Speaker 4: The only thing right now our in our comedy community is that people are trying to sell controversy.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: They don't want to sell jokes anymore because they know what moves the needle. Every podcast platform. I did a whole media run and everybody soon as I walked in, they wanted the controverty which I heard so about that they want, oh I heard this because they know that our society, we gravitate toward negativity more than anything. That's why you look at news, the news, whatever New York news, you look at it. Person was murdered in Brooklyn, person was murdered in Bronx. Because we gravitate toward negative stuff. It's unfortunate where we ever get where we have these positive stories, never because that don't move the dow. So you got people here trying to move a down with podcasts whatever, and the way I'm trying to move a dow Is by what I'm doing, I don't have to talk about it. I'm not copy about my Netflix special. I've been doing this for thirty two years. And anybody you know, you know my history. Anybody they know my history. I put the work in.
Speaker 2: So when you try to discredit that, I'm gonna defend.
Speaker 1: That we got more with donnyll Rawlings when we come back as the Breakfast Club, good Morning, Yet we're still kicking it with Donall Rawlings say special A New Day is out right now? Can I ask you a real question? No, when you got into the I said no. When you got into the the mild disagreement, why didn't you leave the first time? Why you kept leaving and coming back and leaving and coming back and leaving and coming back.
Speaker 4: First off, that day, I closed three shows. My name called went up there, destroyed the show. But also know that I had to make an announcement about my special, and I wanted to say something that was real. So I had the crowd up here. I could have said good night. I took it down and I explained what this special was meant to me, how it got here, and it was a very hard film. If you listened to that video, you could tell people's ride with me.
Speaker 2: I didn't have to. I ain't gotta get on standing though.
Speaker 4: Right there I said, I made my points, and I knew I was going to use this, so I thought that they was giving me the light. I'm like, I'm the last one. I would all my time, not knowing that anybody else was on the show that I thought I was closing.
Speaker 2: They also get you off the stage with the headline. No, they wasn't. Well, Corey was headlining, right, so I knew what off my time?
Speaker 4: So I'm leaving theod night, good night. And then they said, we got one more guests coming up from the thirty thirty podcast over a number of this yeah, yeah, yeah, and they said blah blah blah, and I was like, oh, I want to listen to this.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the reason why I want to listen to it, I had already wanted to talk to this guy why. I'm gonna tell you why because I was fed up and like a lot of comedians, fed up with the antics of why everything that comes out your mouth has to be negative? And I wanted to have a conversation not just for me, but for the comedy community. Why is it that you always have to talk to about people and nobody asked you?
Speaker 1: But why do you let it bother you? Because you know we've been in those rooms. You know, I've seen you in a small venue and I've seen you in huge venues. I said, I've seen David. Why did you let what bother me? But why are you letting what he said bother you? Because you know what it is?
Speaker 2: You know you you don't know I'm sensitive. I'm sensitive.
Speaker 3: And then even with you, you know, outside of being sensitive, this is a person that always does this like all the time. You know what I'm saying, It's the same thing. And the only way that you can actually ever get to him, to talk to him, is if you pop up on him. Because even in my experience, I mean I'm talking about this person has talked about me years and years and years. Try to apologize through another comedian. Nah, I don't send me Dray to apologize to me. I want you to apologize to me as a mother because you said about my son.
Speaker 2: Then I had to call you. I'm talking about block my number out.
Speaker 3: To call you, and you answer the phone like who you know what I'm saying, and then you apologize, and then I would have never made those those comments about you had I knew you were a comedian. What what that got to do with me being on a meeting apologized before he has on the phone, and then later and later you get on that mic again, on on on the show whatever, on your podcast show, which is like the only thing you have. You know what I'm saying, and you talk about me, and you talk about me, and you talk about so he cannot leave our names and the names of the greats and the name of the people that he cannot beat on a Netflix, on anything else, in any other realm out of his mouth. He can't do that. So that's all he has is that mic and that Dorna and in that cold corner, you know.
Speaker 4: Without anybody being able to respond, without having an opinion of anybody. And here's the thing, whether you know or not, it was so many comedians that called me and said thank you. And going back to your question, is that I look at that question. I listen, Yes, you asked questions. Back to your point, is that him like I'm a good friend. People want to say all this, Well, even with that, he was like when I had a special or Dave Chappelle put him on. What you don't know is Netflix had already agreed to do a special with me produced by.
Speaker 12: Dave or not.
Speaker 2: So what what if they didn't put you on?
Speaker 4: So what you what I'm saying, I'm working, I'm answering like dumb questions, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like, and this what people don't understand. And this is what the lawd came.
Speaker 5: They just handing out specials. That's the point. Are very deserving it.
Speaker 4: That's the point I'm making. But people don't understand that any success somebody get hard work. Whatever they want to say, you had to do so and so. So you dismissing work ethics, you're dismissing going hard, You're dismissing god thing you take.
Speaker 7: People.
Speaker 2: See, I'm not saying you know, I'm just saying this. It just makes sense.
Speaker 1: Just like if I wanted to do a podcast, right, why wouldn't I go to Charlemagne who has his own podcast? Right, that's my guy, and he's gonna hopefully look out the best interest. Even when I was doing my book, I called Charlamae to say, Yo, these are the terms for the book.
Speaker 2: What do you think he's done it before we can.
Speaker 1: Have the question?
Speaker 5: Could you and Corey ever get on the same page? I think him and just what different? Because what I need to get on talking about somebody's child is nothing. But could you will say this?
Speaker 1: He was for me?
Speaker 2: I respected him.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 4: Everybody don't agree with his style of comedy, and I've said this to people before. Again, I don't want to talk about it because there's the thing. I make a conversation seventeen minutes, all right, because somebody told me.
Speaker 2: We didn't have Now it's a mission. Have y'all spoke? No, I don't really have it nothing, I don't really.
Speaker 3: But then you have to understand something to this man doesn't respect his own family. You know, at some point it's like there's no making up with a person like this, there is no trying to understand to sit down like that type of person needs healing and therapy of his own I think that's.
Speaker 2: Why I said that prayer earlier. The thing is, there is no reason too for me to do it.
Speaker 4: I've already started with limited contact, always started with a mutual respect. But if you lose respect for me, I lose respect for you and even when I say what I said on stage.
Speaker 2: Now one time did I berate him? That one time?
Speaker 4: Did I say anything bad about his comedy? Now one time I say anything about his family? That one time I say anything bad about him. I explained to what I am. And I know that there's nobody gonna believe that I'm a mild comic. There's nobody gonna believe that I'm not.
Speaker 1: So you think, here's a.
Speaker 5: Lot of people that don't know what you're even talking about. Right now, That's what I'm saying, Like why he got this? You have a great special called a New Days on Netflix right now?
Speaker 2: Make it a new day done.
Speaker 4: Now, here's the thing this conversation there wasn't This conversation wasn't specific to one person. There was a conversation about this industry and have people move. And like you said, it's a new day, it's a new dawn. It's a new life for me. And I'm feeling good down there. Rawlins special it's still charging on Netflix, and I want to say, I appreciate.
Speaker 2: This time, appreciate its good to see you.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, It's always good.
Speaker 2: It's always good to see you, Donel. I want to say congratulations. Really, I really appreciate you. I really appreciate you. I support you.
Speaker 5: I want everybody to get along. You know what I'm saying. I want you and Corey to make up. Don't have to say nothing, but.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 1: It's a new dogs live for me, alright.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast feeling good. It's down that rolling the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Everybody's j n V Jesse, Larry Charlamagne the guy we are the breakfast Club. Good morning. Let's get to just with the mess.
Speaker 7: This is real.
Speaker 11: Robber Nord just don't do is.
Speaker 1: Gonna bring numbers.
Speaker 2: On the breakfast club?
Speaker 15: Could stock slash?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's not much going on in the world today, but it's a lot going on in the world today. Comorley Simmons shades Usher visiting Russell Simmons and Bali amids sexual assault allegations.
Speaker 2: She said, y'all some wild boys girls.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 2: If you know something, say something. If you don't, that's it. Quiet. Merging Blige is in love.
Speaker 3: Oh, when it comes, she said, when you believe it, it comes to you. That's what's up, all right. Juice World's girlfriend Allie Lottie allegedly sells his clothes on OnlyFans, which what.
Speaker 1: That's the one she allegedly put out their sex tape to our only fans, allegedly went after he passed.
Speaker 3: To not you selling his clothes, why not just give him a good will or something or something.
Speaker 2: The money she might need the money.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're not get no money in these days.
Speaker 5: And by the way you do, when you do good deeds, good good things come back to you. So you so a seed, you know, taking those clothes and giving them the good world. That's so on the seed that hey gonna help her rent money? Though, yes it will so a seed. But you don't have no faithful nothing.
Speaker 2: She called up in and get our casha. I'm pretty sure one of y'all.
Speaker 3: Yes, Christina Mackie confirms break up with Rick Rods the girl. We told you, We told you it was your trial.
Speaker 2: And do you have to announce a breakup if he was only with a person for two seconds, she was announcing everything else.
Speaker 3: She was making the hamburger, helper and tacos and all that stuff that my son can make.
Speaker 5: She was just she was sure, she was sure about it. Your son can make them, but you ain't had him in two days? What you had your tacos in two days?
Speaker 3: I know that's envy fault Tacoso, but Taco Bell child please. Oh this is a crazy headline, right head it's his a coming a fortnight.
Speaker 2: Crazy Anyway, Nellie says he.
Speaker 3: Was part of the most competitive era of hip hop. He sat down on a recent episode of The Shop and he spoke on the era of him he was creating music in and how competitive it was.
Speaker 2: Now they're coming from the lou Did you ever have chip on your shoulder? Because everything was La New York? We always talking about that with the.
Speaker 1: Midwest man like goddamn right, yeah, god damn right.
Speaker 15: But you got to understand, my era of music was the toughest ever in hip hop ever.
Speaker 2: Ever, when I put out songs.
Speaker 15: I had to go against dm X, Jay z Eminem, Little Wayne, fifty cent, Lula, all of us are fighting for one spot.
Speaker 16: So from two from ninety nine to like two thousand and eight ten, it's the hardest era ever.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. Yeah, that's that's a lot of people.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of heavy it's a lot of people selling records. Yeah, that was that was I got to hear more context.
Speaker 5: If he's talking about selling records, he's talking about selling records, he's talking about Grammy Awards because thinking about what you're talking about rap though, listen.
Speaker 3: I swear out here talking about LIC I know, I know DJ, and you know he got different, you know, mindset when it comes to music.
Speaker 2: He is like an expert on music.
Speaker 3: But I ain't never like Bag in those days because I was listening to everybody he named, and I never thought of Nelly when those when those rappers had came up.
Speaker 2: Like cele record yea artists as far as like who was the biggest artist? Nelly was that guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, But like lyrics, yeah, I would think of you know, now you're talking about Cellle records.
Speaker 2: Remember even that line what Jay said, only people selling he and Juice and us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he has a great songwriter though, oh yeah, yeah, I just don't think of him as a I've never thought of him as a lyricis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, Well, CBS announced his first black soap opera in thirty five years so CBS partner with the na a CP.
Speaker 2: The National Association with the Advancement of Color Them Colors.
Speaker 3: They parted it up with CBS and they developed the first daytime soaps with mainly black cast its nineteen eighty nine. The name of the show will be called The Gates.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of gates.
Speaker 3: It will follow the life of a wealthy black family. Okay, this show will be written by Emmy winning daytime veteran Michael or Michelle van Vel. Jean, y'all know, y'all know, y'all can't do that.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, Jean, It's crazy how there's never been a black soap opera yet?
Speaker 2: Soap opera seems so black. But it's eighty nine. But I can't even remember one before.
Speaker 19: What was that?
Speaker 1: What was the black soap opera?
Speaker 2: I never I don't remember. I grew up going to my grandma house Days of our Lives. That wasn't black. No, no, no, it wasn't black. It's never been a black one. Yeah, I don't know what I'm saying that I said nineteen eighty nine, that's the paper. I can't remember one. I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I don't either, But you know what I thought, Tyler Perry, that's what he was doing. He did black soap operas, Like what is the Oval? What is what is the Half and a half? Nots like that doing every day though?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: I thought every day black show that's been on everything like that. No, I can't remember what either.
Speaker 3: Well, we about to see it. It's gonna be called The Gates. Yeah, and it's what I don't know if I'm messing up her name, but Michelle vel Jean or whoever she is the writer on The Black, the Bold, and the Beautiful.
Speaker 2: Oh, they said it was called Generations. I don't remember that black soap opera.
Speaker 3: It came on two o'clock in the morning when everybody was sleep. So the last time a broadcaster launched the new soap opera was in nineteen ninety nine, NBC's Passions. Okay, that's what they said, Passions.
Speaker 2: I just googled about that. It's mad white people, and when the hell is black about Generations? It's only three black people. I don't see nothing four.
Speaker 5: Let one and I see two now, John Allen and Christen CHRISTI Saint John's black white people.
Speaker 2: Black Exactly Why would y'all say that? People just be lying? Well, it's considered a black soap opera. Why I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, it doesn't have an air date. Or anything.
Speaker 2: But we should be we should look.
Speaker 3: Forward to this.
Speaker 5: Oh, it was the first soap opera feature of black family from its inception.
Speaker 2: But that's not a black soap. That's not that I don't make it a black so open. No, but I don't care.
Speaker 3: Tyler Perry with the have and the have nots and the oval, that should be considered it opera. You know he's been doing this. Salbury got a little bit of everything under his belt.
Speaker 2: So that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, congratulations CBS and NAAC Color People.
Speaker 5: National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Okay, color. Never mind the fact that John Bowman from Saint Louis to Saint Louis, president of the NAACP, said that the word color is triggering for the black community.
Speaker 2: All Right, well, thank you for the jests with the mess You're welcome. All right.
Speaker 1: Now, when we come back, we got to mix the People's Choice mixes the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 18: It's Women's History Month and we're celebrating the most influential women in history.
Speaker 2: Check out this phenom morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is j n V Jess Hilary Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 2: Is what's history?
Speaker 1: Marfa?
Speaker 2: Who we reripping today?
Speaker 12: Ess?
Speaker 2: We are repping Jane Elliot.
Speaker 3: I want to honor her. She is an internationally known teacher, lecturer, and a diversity trainer. She's most known for her response to the assassination of Martin Luther King Junior. In nineteen sixty eight. Jane Elliott created a controversial experiment. It's called the blue Eyes Brown Eyes exercise. This now famous exercise labels participants as inferior or superior based solely upon the color of their skin and exposes them to the experience of being a minority. I also have audio from where she was doing it in one of our classes. This is in her earlier years of teaching, and this is I think this was the very very very first one of our students was showed behavior of a Karen, are you doing it again?
Speaker 2: Persecuted her for standing are doing it?
Speaker 3: And executed him for standing up.
Speaker 2: The only change that ever happens is when people stand.
Speaker 13: Out that.
Speaker 11: Martin Luther King Junior was shot?
Speaker 3: Are you in any physical danger?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 6: Emma Tel was hanged by his neck after he was beaten almost to death, simply because he's made a statement to a white woman.
Speaker 11: Yeah, thank you very much. What is my point that I've made?
Speaker 6: You can't make generalizations about any place because there's racism everywhere, That's right.
Speaker 2: Huh huh. You don't come back in here until.
Speaker 6: You've apologized to every person in this room because you just exercised the freedom that none of these people of color have, because there's no place in this country where they aren't going to be exposed to racism and every.
Speaker 3: Personism this country.
Speaker 1: Well, you're going to apologize for what you just did.
Speaker 2: I will not apologize because it's not a.
Speaker 3: Matter of race.
Speaker 1: They ain't gonna hurt mmm mmmmmm.
Speaker 2: Go ahead. Jane Elliott.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love I love her, and I've always loved to see her lessons and all that type of stuff. This is actually you can find this on YouTube or whatever. She is still alive and I think she's seventy seven seven. Yeah, yes, So I honor you today, missus, Jane Elliott, and I appreciate all that you have dump us because she always been for the colors.
Speaker 1: All right, when we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club good morning, and.
Speaker 2: That was another phenomenal woman in.
Speaker 1: Mister Punning everybody, it's DJ n V, Jess.
Speaker 2: Hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time to get U out of here. Charlamon you got a positive note?
Speaker 5: Yes, I want to tell people make sure you go get tickets for the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, which will be happening April twenty seventh in Atlanta, Georgia at Pullman yards Man. We got some great podcasts on the stage. Wallow and Gilly, Jess Hilarious, We Carefully Reckless, She'll be there fixing your mess, Horrible Decisions, Poor Mind's Podcast, Debbie Brown with Deeply Well, Black Tech, Green Money with Will Lucas, and the Ball Alert Show will all be on that stage. So we will see you Saturday, April twenty seventh in Pullman yards in Atlanta, Georgia. Make sure you can get your tickets right now Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival. I'll go get your tickets on avent Bright and Jeff, you know what I was looking at. What I was looking at your upcoming shows on your website. Absolutely, you're gonna be in Miami on.
Speaker 2: The ninth this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yup, I will be hosting that festival.
Speaker 5: Why you ain't tell Jersey you're gonna be at the Stretch Factory Comedy.
Speaker 3: Club because that those shows are already almost sold out.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus Christ, I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, damn, you got shows Jersey to say, all right, y'all.
Speaker 3: Newt YEP, New Brunswick, New Jersey. Then I have dates coming up.
Speaker 2: What's the dates? March twenty ninth and thirtieth, Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 5: One show on Friday, show at seven o'clock, show at nine thirty, Saturday show at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Show at nine.
Speaker 1: My kids got a dance competition there, so I'll be there at that.
Speaker 2: All right. Cool, Now that you said something, Now they're gonna have me add more shows. That's no, you're pregnant, can't You can't do that? Oh Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: That's the whole point of me not saying anything, because those shows are all just tickets away from being sold out. Now they're gonna be like, oh, snap, jesh, you're gonna be here and they're going to make me, my fans make me as show.
Speaker 2: New Jerseys in your backyard.
Speaker 3: Now, it sure is alright, so y'all, I probably more more than likely will be adding shows they don't have Sunday.
Speaker 2: On it, Friday and Saturday, alright, so more than likely.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be tied that Monday because I'm gonna add probably to shows Sunday. Learning much, thank you, Charlemagne, and I have upcoming dates in Connecticut Bridgeport, Connecticut as well at the Stress Factory, y'all that those tickets are not don't seal yet, but once I get the dates, I will let y'all know. Yes, But this weekend I'll be in Miami for the Jazz and the Gardens Music Fest show at the hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens this year for its seventeenth annual audition, y'all will be hosting Day one. Me and Ricky Smiley, y'all, and we got Kirk Franklin and Fantasia and Maxwell and some other people out there.
Speaker 5: Okay, I just want y'all know if somebody just handed her that and she read it, stop playing with my sister.
Speaker 2: Believe us all. The positive note positive note today comes from doctor Wayne W. Dyer. I love doctor Wayne W. Dyer.
Speaker 5: Rest in peace to him. He says, when you judge another. You do not define them. You define yourself. Have a blessed day.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that. Okay, I love that. No, that was a new one.
Speaker 3: But you see, the new ones, the ones that that we never heard before, always come from somebody else. So yeah, you should always hear all your calls from everybody else.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: You don't finish for y'all. Done.