Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Nick Shot screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys As now here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: It's a fabulous fight songs.
Speaker 4: Cant to catch his brad, I wouldn't catch my breath.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for stampede. We are stampeding into a wonderful sports weekend here in North Texas. Stamp what's the biggest game of the weekend? Right?
Speaker 4: Yehn?
Speaker 3: Tonight game one? Or is it Mavericks Game one? Or is it Tomorrow night game two? Or is it Cowboys Rams on Sunday at noon. I'm saying it's Cowboys Rams. It's Sunday, Sunday at noon. What do you say, mister cowboy over there? Mickey Spagnola, you you got your Cowboys star on?
Speaker 4: I'm ready. Yeah, it's a huge game for that.
Speaker 3: We need to talk wardrobe off the top here. Look at Savannah, I know, yeah, how.
Speaker 5: About them Cowboys?
Speaker 4: That's pretty sweet?
Speaker 2: Why are you talking wardrobe now? I had on a new shirt yesterday. You guys didn't say a word.
Speaker 6: But what I look like? See?
Speaker 3: Was it a cowboys shirt?
Speaker 6: It was a cowboys It was a cowboys shirt, but it was like, I don't know, it was a freaking shirt.
Speaker 3: Come on, I love your shirt you have on?
Speaker 6: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know where's missoo?
Speaker 4: I wrote it yesterday?
Speaker 3: Did they play yesterday? No?
Speaker 4: They got to buy this week.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, all right, very good.
Speaker 4: They can't lose.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: Right off the top, seven and one right now.
Speaker 6: Hey, I've been checking you guys. Yeah, I've been y'all doing well.
Speaker 3: There you go, right off the top. Can we talk game day attire? Yes? Sure, because I came in here hot today. I got here right at noon. Because when was the last time you went to a shopping mall, like you actually went to buy something at the store brick and mortar. Hmmm, it's been a long time.
Speaker 7: Huh years, like two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: But you buy all your stuff online, don't you, Savannah?
Speaker 7: I do, But sometimes when you know you're missing something, it's just easier to go to the store real quick.
Speaker 4: Ad buys.
Speaker 3: That's what I needed. And so my daughter, who is a fashion designer and she does all her work online. I mean, that's what they do your age, Savannah, right, And so she advised me, I needed, you know, I look around and covering the World Series tonight. I look around at these reporters and journalists and don't even try what Mickey, and they're wearing like, uh, coat and tie with tennis shoes on.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: I've been doing that for years.
Speaker 3: And my wife says. My wife says, no, you can't do that. You're not thirty years old. Mine too, Yeah, And I say, Ernie Johnson, okay, I was at the Western Conference finals where Shack and Barkley and Ernie Johnson, Kenny Smith, they're all wearing white tennis shoes with a suit. Okay, So why can't I do that because you're not thirty years old?
Speaker 4: Well, you know what you should have told her, Joe Buck and Troy Aikman do it everything.
Speaker 2: No, no, they My wife told me that we went to an Emmitt Smith Foundation event and Roger start Back had on.
Speaker 4: Two and then you said, okay, and then you can do it. And then you tell her Mickey Spagnola always wears tennis shoes with his suit.
Speaker 2: Now do you really? But nobody, kids, you're not right to stop that.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: But you get to a certain age and you're wearing tennis shoes with your dressed up in a suit or whatever. You wearing tennis shoes, it looked like you came from the assisted living place to the event.
Speaker 4: No, you gotta get nice to.
Speaker 5: It all depends on the type of shoes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, your daughter. I did, and she advised me, and she there are some sneakers that she advised me to go get, and so that's why I came in here hot to day. I stopped over here at Stonebrier Mall. I had ten minutes to and it was it was amazing the exact shoes that she told me I needed to get. I go in there. They're on sale half price my size. I went, wow, this is this is unbelievable. And then I couldn't find anybody to.
Speaker 6: Wait on me.
Speaker 3: I'm waiting, and finally I go over to another department and say, is there anybody working here? And so I've got mixed shots at nude and so anyway, and that guy came anyway, my wife is out of town. Okay, so my wife is out of town, so I can.
Speaker 6: Can you give me an autograph?
Speaker 3: I heard on that show. Uh, and so my wife is out of town, and I think I can So I know I can get out of the house wearing tennis shoes dressed up today.
Speaker 8: Try.
Speaker 3: Do you.
Speaker 5: See what you got your outfit for tonight?
Speaker 3: For tonight? Yeah, and I'll go get some more tennis shoes for the outfit for tomorrow night.
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 6: Do you call them sneakers? Still?
Speaker 3: They did online, Chase.
Speaker 6: No, I don't mean online, I mean generation.
Speaker 4: Look at it this way. Think about when you cover a game, how much walking exactly? And where do you end up afterwards? In a locker room where tape is all over the place. You're on the field where all the little rubber things are in your shoes when you come home? Why not tennis shoes? Interesting your dress.
Speaker 3: Especially as big as AT and T Stadium is and globally field Humonga's botting dress where we get our parking spaces, you're even.
Speaker 4: Walking more right. The last time I think I ruined a pair of shoes was that nineteen ninety four NFC title game in San Francisco when it seemed like the field was underwater. It's like, nope, not anymore.
Speaker 3: That's what I told my wife. I said, I said, it's a sporting event. Okay, it's it's different rules for a sporting event. That's true, But apparently it's not if Roger is going to a black Taia.
Speaker 6: Wasn't the only one. Yeah, no, they were all did I have a pass now?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: And and like you said, they've got they've got to look good.
Speaker 3: Still right, nice, like the ones I worked. I can't do that like my okay.
Speaker 4: And then ask her ask producer Supreme what he wore to do his wedding.
Speaker 3: I wonder what he wore to his wedding. I wasn't invited.
Speaker 4: That's why I said.
Speaker 3: Apparently Producer Supreme is off doing something else. You know, I have to turn everything down in here. What did you wear to your wedding? I had Nikes on okay, I had Nike Chuck Taylor's. Okay, so that's old school.
Speaker 6: Yeah what irene school? Nike?
Speaker 3: Nike, Nike bought Converse. Oh yeah, you were Converse Chuck Taylor, Chuck Taylor, but as a Nike Swush and I was black and white. So ever since you were Chuck Taylor's in high school? Didn't even playing basketball? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I tried to watch Chuck Taylor's. After I made the Cowboys, I bought a brand new pant, went out there trying to play some basketball, had blisters all over my Damn.
Speaker 3: I still have my.
Speaker 2: We were not They're not made the denim, the denim Chuck Taylors are not made.
Speaker 3: For No, No, not at all. That's what we wore. No, I still have mine. I still have. It's unbelievable, the lack of support. There is no wonder I couldn't dunk well I could. Well, we were and were the Cardinals. We were red, so we had red. We had red, uh, Chuck Taylor's, and so you think we were slow, we really looked slowering red to the shoes I had.
Speaker 4: I had white ones. I don't think they started making colored ones, you know, junior high and they only were allowed to be worn in the gym, carried them to school, That's right.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: One other thing on game day attire. This applies to the fans out there. What about wearing jerseys to games and that sort of thing where everyone's good with people wearing like fifty year old men wearing.
Speaker 4: If they fan, yeah, go ahead, it's not me, But not a basketball game.
Speaker 3: Okay about Okay, you have to wear you have to wear a uniform that that applies to the sport that you're going to watch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't come with like, but don't come to the NBA game with a sleeveless thing over a T shirt.
Speaker 2: Cowboys playing somebody, they had a it was a guy have a Dolphins jersey on?
Speaker 6: Like, why you have a Dolphins jersey on? Neither team was right, Miami.
Speaker 3: And if I'm going to a Missouri football game, Oklahoma, okay, yeah, unless they're playing, unless they're playing, Yeah, okay, I me that guy's just being the joke.
Speaker 5: He's trying to get a reaction out of other people. He's sitting there.
Speaker 6: That's so true. That's so true. And they do get one, and they do.
Speaker 3: That's like one of the one of the preseason games this year. One of my daughter's friends he lost to fantasy football the league last year, and so the price he had to pay finished last place in the league. He had to dress up in full full football year and go to a game. Okay, that was that was his penalty for finishing last. And so he went to one of the Cowboys preseason games. So they tell me, hey, this is something y'all might want to show during the game. He's going to be wearing a full football gear, helmet, shoulder pads, everything. Watching the game and so found out where he sits and everything. He was wearing a Packers uniform at a Cowboys preseason It must have been his cho I'm like, I do games for the Cowboys TV network. We are not showing a Packers fan in full you that was his choice? Yeah, you're in.
Speaker 5: Did the guys on this fantasy team say hey you.
Speaker 3: Have this.
Speaker 6: Anyway?
Speaker 4: That's a good way to start this year. When Savannah started with new shirt.
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Do you have anything you'd like to add to this? First segment is already football?
Speaker 4: You want to get to football? In these practices? How they practice? Right? I know they were in pads in but how does Tyron Smith suffer a stinger?
Speaker 6: Is he okay?
Speaker 4: He was limited?
Speaker 3: Oh we had we had an addition to the injury report yesterday it was just one Ye Thomas full participant with a hamstring and now Tyrone Smith was limited with a neck.
Speaker 4: But I think the Rams still are without their top two running backs right, Yeah, they're on injured reserve, so they're down to Freeman.
Speaker 3: Royce Freeman and Darryl Henderson.
Speaker 4: Anderson Henderson was a good running back, but no one had him.
Speaker 3: No, and yeah he was. He wasn't with anyone. He was with the Rams who drafted he was third round pick. I think of the Rams same year that Tony Pollard, and he played at Memphis with Pollard. Oh, and he was the main running back and Pollard was the Uh. Well he imagine that Pollard was the second guy. Seem to work really well at Memphis too.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And so anyway, the Rams released him last year in November, he got picked up briefly on Jacksonville's practice squad. Then they released him. And now he hadn't been with a team. I don't know that he was with a team. And he could have been with a team in training camp. I'm not aware of it.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: But then he gets signed a couple of weeks ago, and he actually had a really good game last.
Speaker 4: Week sixteen for sixty six right fresh.
Speaker 2: Leg, good running bag man. He was a good running but he always was. I don't know why they let him go. Was it injuries must have.
Speaker 3: Been I'm not sure it could have been.
Speaker 4: Who knows what happens in this league sometimes? Why wise were Shawn Evans?
Speaker 6: I accidentally clicked onto podcasts.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, how do we look.
Speaker 4: Bill Shoes? Okay, but.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at their running back situation, you know, And they had Cam Akers to start the year. They traded him to Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Never fails. You think you have depth, you traded away, and then the disease just comes in.
Speaker 3: Each Acres was a second round pick in twenty twenty, so it was time for him to move on sincee's in his contract here anyway, and he wasn't getting He wasn't the starter because Kyen Williams, who if you play fantasy football, you know Kyen Williams was a big guy to pick up. He emerged all of a sudden this year and catching the ball out of the backfield. Fifth round draft pick last year out of Udre Dame, but he got hurt. He's on injured reserve. Ronnie Rivers another one who's on injured reserve. They have their sixth round draft pick, Zach Evans, who started his college career at TCU and wound up at Old Miss. He's got some real potential out a Galena Park North Shore High School. The yeah, program always played Duncanville in the state ship. In fact, speaking of that, Zach Evans, who was a five star recruit UH the state championship weekend at Glena Park, Northshore, is up here at at and T Stadium to play Duncanville and the coach picks up all cell phones the night before the game. Well, I guess he had another cell phone. He got sent home and was never to play in the state championship game.
Speaker 6: So he had two phones.
Speaker 3: So that's that's in fact. Just thinking about it now, maybe he might have been playing with TCU at a game at at and T Stadium. But now that I think about it, this might be his first opportunity to play at AT and T Stadium. He missed on that other one because of the cell phone issue in high school.
Speaker 6: That kid should not have two phones.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if he had two phones or if he does, I don't know, And your story could be messed up.
Speaker 6: To begin with.
Speaker 3: It was something that was how it got reported. Well, he didn't play, He did not play before the game.
Speaker 4: Good thing they didn't do that back in the day in the NFL when guys broke curfew. Right, Okay, we're sending you home. It's like, no, they just take some money from you.
Speaker 6: Just don't get caught.
Speaker 4: I think it was we were in Mexico City for a pre season game and some rookie and like, if you're a rookie, why would you take the chance? Right, they did bed check he was in the room. Well, you forgot about the little deal that they put a card in the door and then they come back and see if the card fell, it means somebody left the room. He got busted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we used to have to, like in training camp, we had to sneak across the desert in the back of the hotel and thousand oaks like cactus out there and all that kind of stuff, tumbleweed. We were like bugs bunny with you know, you.
Speaker 6: Know, you know what we used to do. You know what we got where you push the guard, don't start it.
Speaker 4: Yet you had to that desert you talked about, this is a big field, the softball stadium and the dorm parking lot that was farther away, so you had to go past the media dorm. I don't know if they knew that we would sit out there at night drinking beer and uh, it'd be dark, and all of a sudden we'd see a car pull into the dorm lot and flash its lights, and then somebody we could see them tearing across the field and we'd yell. The guy would go.
Speaker 6: Faster, it's too late. When he says, hey, door.
Speaker 4: The door would open and the guy would dive in and the car would take off in the desert.
Speaker 6: In the desert.
Speaker 3: So did you ever sneak out at night with and have to push your car out of the driveway and make a run?
Speaker 4: You mean, like at home?
Speaker 6: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: That would have been I got caught that once.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm talking about, exactly what.
Speaker 4: That would have been too much trouble at my.
Speaker 3: I was sneaking out and uh was telling my I told my mom caught me. I said, I was hungry. I was going to jack in the box. I didn't want to wake them.
Speaker 6: Was fine, Wow, that's a good one. But you go watched this guy, Huh, I watched this.
Speaker 4: I was sneaking in one night, very quietly. I got in. I was late, and next morning it's like, why are you late? I said, well, I had a flat tire. They wouldn't looked in the garage and go. Yeah, but I had two blocks, I said, I hate stopping.
Speaker 3: Two blocks on your Yeah, yeah, all right, all right. Story time continues here in a moment here on mix shots.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 3: The fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll look full French style.
Speaker 6: Just like football.
Speaker 9: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 6: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: You know that sounds anywhere.
Speaker 8: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi. And we've achieved absolute cho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school keepsy finish nachos better with PEPSI.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite would a pairing can cracks, a kickoff tailgates.
Speaker 12: Going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning swag brisky in the Smoker Miller light and the two America's team playing America's greatest spool Miller like the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller time, celebrate responsibly, twenty twenty three Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas, MIT shots.
Speaker 7: K Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: All right, that'll get us back in.
Speaker 6: Orders there you go.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yes, we got to set the mood up.
Speaker 3: Now we're just going to read off. We're going to read off Mickey's legal pad the rest of the show.
Speaker 4: I don't think I have anything new on the Rams. We talked about baby Ram, so we take care of that, right little McVay, Oh oh yeah, that was my top note here earlier in the week, right, and.
Speaker 3: Then he said, Sean McVay said, after after his baby was delivered on two Tay, and then he went to go watch film of the Cowboys go back to the hospital after watching Mica and everybody.
Speaker 4: Pretty good line there on his part. Well, if you think about this defense, I mean, other than the two games right that they lost, they've been pretty darn good. And they really shut down the Chargers on the road. By the way, they limited Justin Herbert to an eighty four quarterback rating and for the season going into the game he was at one to eleven. You knew they wanted to run the ball with Eckler, and they limited them to fifty three yards rushing, so the defense really stepped up. And the only two touchdowns they gave up both on a short field one thanks to a punt return into Cowboys territory and then the other one from the twenty yard line on that goofy punt play. So they actually played pretty darn well against the Chargers.
Speaker 3: Now, you were in there yesterday when we did our telestrator segment with Will McLay for the Coaches Show. He was diagramming. He was taking a up close look at Cooper Cup and Matthew Stafford and Poka Nakoua and Matthew Stafford and then Aaron Donald as well, I mean Stafford. The couple of throws that Will showed Stafford making. I'm like, you know what, even at the age thirty five or whatever he is now, he is still and more than anything, he's over his injury that limited him last year coming off the Super Bowl win. He is making all the throws.
Speaker 4: That's why my point on this is you better get pressure on Matthew Stafford. That's how you stopped the Coupa and Cup because those guys will get open. And you saw the routes, they were combination routes. They were running very difficult for the secondary to take those guys on. So, uh, you better get pressure on Stafford. And to get pressure on Stafford, you better stop their running game.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say that they're gonna come out with the running game, don't. They're gonna see if we can stop the running game. And from there we're going to play action and a little dinky intermediate routes that pooka and a cup of running. That's their running game. That's part of their running and mcveil part of the running.
Speaker 4: And mcgate mcveil probably think, well, it wasn't who we had running the ball against the Cowboys. It was my running place that got them opened. And you know, we remember what happened in that playoff game.
Speaker 3: So CJ. Anderson, C J.
Speaker 6: Anderson, and see me too.
Speaker 2: Good coaching is how you adapt to a blocking scheme, or how you invent a blocking scheme versus a particular defensive line. You know, And we've been been burned by that before to what they knew just you know, the moves to make. I don't know much about offensive line, but there are certain blocks. There's certain moves and certain adjustments that they make in the blocking scheme that could just rip us apart up front.
Speaker 3: Allows Darryl Henderson, who hadn't played in a year, come in there and rush for sixty one yards.
Speaker 13: Well, even like you said, yeah, it was their first round draft, Georgia had a huge contract, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And they couldn't. They ran for like two hundred and seventy parts that game.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's the thing about the Cowboys. We have to be able to make adjustments.
Speaker 6: Bill.
Speaker 2: You said it one shell, if you make adjustments at halftime, it's too late.
Speaker 6: One of you guys said no.
Speaker 4: The coach is basically said yeah, yeah, yeah. If you're waiting the halftime to make adjustments too late, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: Got to be on the fly.
Speaker 2: Once you make the adjustment. Now they're going to make the adjustment of Savannah. They're gonna Okay, you made the adjustment, all right, Now we're gonna do play action and we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Go Cup and Todd Gurley.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Todd Gurley. God, they just ran right over Todd Gurley.
Speaker 6: That was yeah, thank you, that was that was It's wild.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting there going and everyone everyone uses Zeke and Todd Gurley as the examples recently that you can't play pay running backs or draft him in the first round.
Speaker 4: I bet they were glad they did that year.
Speaker 7: How many sacks does Matthew Stafford? How many times has he been sacked this that's.
Speaker 4: A good question, I believe eight According.
Speaker 3: To eight eighteen.
Speaker 7: He does have six interceptions as well, So I think it's going to be very key applying that pressure. He's already letting up some of those as you can see through.
Speaker 2: And that's what we're going to be successful. Like she says, I mean, we if we can't stop the running game, then we've got to get to Matthew stead We have to look at.
Speaker 6: As his age is a factor. Throwing the ball great, but can't you get away from the rush, you know.
Speaker 4: And we talked about their offense, and he's not a big that's huge.
Speaker 6: He's not a huge guy.
Speaker 4: It wasn't an offensive line. You go, oh, look at all.
Speaker 6: Those first there.
Speaker 2: That's going to be what we're going to have to It's I think it's our pass rush will take more advantage of them than in the running game.
Speaker 4: And and I thought Mike McCarthy this morning on the fan, both talking offense and defense, and he had talked about how the defense is your thermostat to the team on in whatever game you're playing, Right, they got to set the temperature. And he said, you know, four and two, good start, good record, but we need to continue to grow. Yes, And I think that's this game, right, They've got to show us that they're capable of being what we thought they were going to be when we started the season.
Speaker 6: Last week was a good start to that.
Speaker 4: To that, right, yeah, because because you can sit there and go, oh, the lost to Arizona one of those things, but when you get crushed by San Francisco, then you're sitting there going, oh kay, did we overestimate this team? And I think now we start to find out five in the next seven games at home. You won the last game you had your bye, it's against a Rams team that's three and four, and you're at home trying to win your eleven straight home game. Now can you do that? And I think that he's right now, let's see some growth, especially offensively. To me anyway, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I don't know if it's just me not necessarily being the morning guy. It seems like sometimes those noon games Oh, they can.
Speaker 6: Be really weird. They can be really When you.
Speaker 4: Remember the noon starts at Texas Stadium, you guys, yeah, people were just showing up from church.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's right, dressed up, yeah.
Speaker 4: Right for church, and then all of a sudden, you have a funny feel to it. The crowd was not into that, man.
Speaker 6: Just you know, it's like I just got through playing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now entertain me and I'll.
Speaker 3: Right right, Okay, I got something for you. Remember the other day, I mentioned that when I watched Matthew Stafford in high school, I thought, I feel like I'm watching John Elway. I just looked up while 'all were talking. Not that I wasn't listening, uh, I just I just compared Matthew Stafford's career stats to John Elway. Okay, here's the other thing to consider is that, as we all know, with Elway, it was so late in his career before he won a Super Bowl. Now, he was with really good teams with through the years, but it was finally he had to break through and got a couple late in his career.
Speaker 4: Because of the running game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so mister Davis.
Speaker 3: And then Stafford same way where he gets a Super Bowl win, now he had to get traded from Detroit in order to get it with the Rams whatever. All right, so and it's different phars, okay, as far as the passing game goes. But Elway, who came out in nineteen eighty three out of Stanford, in his career, he had five thousand, four hundred seventy five passing yards five thousand, four hundred and seventy five. Right now, Stafford is at fifty three. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Screwed that up. It's not five thousand. Where am I on this?
Speaker 4: We're going to give you a pass, yes, not make fun.
Speaker 6: Of you, Okay, No, and he would not do that. Now.
Speaker 3: Passing yards passing yards, Elway had fifty one thousand.
Speaker 6: It had to be more than five thousand.
Speaker 5: That was fifty one thousand, fifty.
Speaker 3: You know what I had fifty?
Speaker 6: I had five.
Speaker 3: The one looked like a Comico. Fifty one thousand, four hundred and seventy five. Right, I can't, I can't read my own writing. Fifty one thousand, four hundred seventy five yards. Stafford's at fifty three, nine hundred and ninety yards in his career. Touchdowns three hundred for Elway against two hundred twenty six interceptions. Stafford has three hundred and forty touchdowns one hundred and seventy five interceptions. And again, it's a different your touchdowns interceptions, they're going to be worse thirty forty years ago than they are today, just because the game is different. One of the things that Stafford that Elway had especially early in his career, that Stafford didn't necessarily although at times he could. He could run a little bit and whatever. But Elway he ran for thirty four hundred yards in his career in thirty three touchdowns.
Speaker 4: So Stafford ain't doing that right exactly.
Speaker 6: He's nimble.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, Now I remember Elway. Elway when he was in college at Stanford. They came to Norman, Oklahoma, and I was actually doing as a student at OU did play by play on their football games, and yeah, I'm sure I did. Bit he did probably flip flop flip flops and uh he came in there and they beat o you that they were up thirty one to nothing.
Speaker 6: I was going this.
Speaker 3: First time I ever saw John Elway play whatever. And but Stafford he's got similar traits to what he is.
Speaker 2: Light on his feet, what you have to worry about with a guy likes Stafford situational football, he's gonna if it's a two minute drill, most likely he's going to score. If it's at the end of the game, you better be careful because most likely it's going to turn into points.
Speaker 3: And his competitiveness, Oh.
Speaker 6: Definitely competitive.
Speaker 2: That's why I said, don't underestimate his his his uh you know, his footwork because I've seen him, you know, doing too minute drills. He does what he has to do. That's what I always liked about. He does everything that he has to do to make sure that that two minute drill is successful.
Speaker 6: And if we leave it up to that, we better be careful.
Speaker 3: So getting in the Super Bowl win, is he a Hall of Famer?
Speaker 6: I would not say that.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's not what It's not what you would you would think just because it was with Detroit for so many years. I just put his numbers up against Elway.
Speaker 6: It was a personality numbers exact, right.
Speaker 3: But he does have a Super Bowl win.
Speaker 4: Now, how many times l Way get to the Super Bowl though, four.
Speaker 6: Something like that. Yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 2: It's tough to compare a guy that went once and won to one that went four times.
Speaker 3: And what was I said the other day that Stafford made the Pro Bowl like one time in his career and now he made it nine times. I mean it sounds it all sounds almost sacrilegious to say, oh this like I'm a quarterback. God mentioned it. But then I look at the numbers and every in the he now he has a Super Bowl win. How much do you hold against him that he had played with a horrible organization? For Ay, it.
Speaker 6: Is what it is. Better work with it, right, Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I mean they didn't give Archie Manning a break on that day for the poor Saints owners. So speaking of Alloway, I mean Stafford. I think the key thing for this Cowboy defense is for the Cowboys to get off to a fast start and make them play from behind. You saw what happened to Purdy when he had to play from behind with San Francisco, and it'll be the same thing. And this will be my last baseball note that the Rangers better get off to a fast start because if they get in trailing against that Diamondbacks bullpen, they're going to be in trouble. So they need to get off to a fast start. Because you're not scoring laid against them, and you can put your defense on the football field in better shape if they're playing from behind.
Speaker 6: I'd love to see them.
Speaker 2: I'd love to see Matthew on his heels every time he drops back to pass the ball. I'd love for Micah and d Law to be harassing the hell out of here.
Speaker 4: And let's go Dorence Armstrong.
Speaker 6: Well, that's going to be a pic.
Speaker 4: The glass might be my pit to click. I shouldn't have gave it away.
Speaker 3: There you go, and with this offensive line that the Rams have, their's opportunities should.
Speaker 6: Be there made better. Yeah, they're better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a big reason Andrew Whitworth was. He was a key member of the playing left tackle on that Super Bowl winning team at age forty. Okay, all right, we continue with more mixed shots. We got our picks to click, and who wins on Sunday when we come back.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swacker Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Clock, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miler Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: As they snapped the frushout, who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapped. He'll look for a perstout. Just like football.
Speaker 9: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this ship show, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 6: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 8: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping.
Speaker 3: There's no topping of cool pepsi.
Speaker 8: Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 1: Shots h make a statement.
Speaker 14: Even with the new Nike Bolt collection of Bold collection with Neon accents that will make you stand out like the star you are head to approachhop near you or log onto shop dot dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 5: A fanatic experience.
Speaker 3: Okay, you just had your first first broadcasting experience of that feeling that comes over you when either you lose your train of thought or you lose your place and it feels like an eternity. Mickey can attest.
Speaker 6: We call it. That's the yes.
Speaker 3: You know, there's there's times where like for me, I'm doing a TV stand up or whatever, and I can't think of the word that I'm going to use it. I'm stumbling them, fumbling them bumbling, and it feels like it's lasting forever. Then you go back and look at it and it wasn't.
Speaker 4: That's when you got to pull a George Reba and take one of those deep long.
Speaker 3: George was great that, but we got distracted because Nate and Frisco is.
Speaker 7: Homework on something that I was I can't, you know, say, but you can't say until you make your.
Speaker 5: Picture clicks to pick my research.
Speaker 3: And it's almost that time any other lasting mix shot that you need to give us before we make our picks.
Speaker 4: McCarthy said the same thing about the offense that they they you know, it's time to grow and you know, and I understand the extenuating circumstances, especially with the running game, because they got into some games where teams knew all they were going to do at the end to salt the game. Away was to run the ball, so you you know, kind of gang up on the run and that had something to do with maybe their average. But I think the thing that's missing is the explosive plays from Tony Pollard. And I don't know it's because he's got to carry the load and there's no surprise about his speed. All he wants Regal Daddell in there and you know, maybe maybe a surprise attack. Pollard did his interview this week and he was really mad at himself that he got caught from behind on that was it a swing pass?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was the middle of the field there was.
Speaker 4: He said he didn't see the guy. He didn't know anybody was there.
Speaker 3: Because he said he was there blindspot.
Speaker 4: I would have veered to my left and he goes when I got off, he goes, I was so mad at myself. He needed one of those video boards at the end so you could look up and see. Yeah. Absolutely. So other than that, I think the head coach realizes, uh, you know, six games is good. Now they're in there, as he calls it, second trimester, right and it's time to grow.
Speaker 3: We talked a little bit yesterday. Jerry talked on the field at practice, and since we're not going to be together on Monday leading up to the trade deadline on Tuesday, Mickey and I art ever since and Soinnana will hold down the fort very capably with help from Nate from in Frisco. Maybe we'll see.
Speaker 4: Uh oh, you recruited.
Speaker 3: No, you don't want to recruit.
Speaker 6: We can't get rid of him. He'll be around, don't worry.
Speaker 3: But what do you think the Cowboys will make a trade by Tuesday's deadline.
Speaker 4: I am leaning towards no, unless some sweetheart deal falls in their lap. I don't think they're chasing anything. Let's put it that way.
Speaker 6: I agree with that that sounds.
Speaker 3: I think they'll add something. I don't know what it is, but I think they'll do something. Just add a piece.
Speaker 6: Can you tell us what? What position?
Speaker 4: That look something at?
Speaker 3: Pick a position that's not quarterback.
Speaker 6: They could add.
Speaker 5: We talked about running backs.
Speaker 3: Don't don't start me on running it's running back, right, I'm not I'm not going.
Speaker 6: I thought you're going there.
Speaker 3: I'm not going, though. That would be a if I would make anyway. Cornerback, Okay, if they add someone, there'll be a cornerback, okay.
Speaker 4: And it won't always be for this year, but towards the future.
Speaker 6: You think you're saying something.
Speaker 4: If I can get somebody cheap lasting value, yeah, some days I can get them cheaper than having to spend a first round.
Speaker 6: Pick on Yeah.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, okay, time to make our picks. All right, I go ask it. I have to think about it.
Speaker 4: Everything goes first writing it down, and Savannah has already done her.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm glad Savana's writing it down because I get tied of writing it down.
Speaker 6: I can't type that fast. All right, So we don't have a well you have we.
Speaker 3: Don't have a pod pick. Yeah, I haven't heard producer, No, no, no, all right.
Speaker 15: I'll go first. We got it, Nate, Thank you, sir.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: I am looking at the Cowboys, of course winning this game, but I think it's going to be an extremely close game, and I don't like saying that because it shouldn't be. I think the Cowboys are going to lean heavily on their defense. I think my pick to click is going to be my boy, Marquise bell.
Speaker 3: Oh, number fourteen.
Speaker 2: Number fourteen is going to have at least seven solo tackles. I look for him because they're going to be trying to run the battle lot. I look for him to have a forced fumble and the Cowboys are going to win the game twenty four to twenty.
Speaker 3: Twenty four, twenty yes, Cowboys win. Then who is your pick?
Speaker 6: Marquise Markey's Bell? Yeah, all right, force fumble.
Speaker 3: Force fumble, Marquise Bell guaranteed, guaranteed.
Speaker 4: Okay, pretty specific.
Speaker 6: Well, you saw him last week. He's ready.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, Savannah, you're up.
Speaker 5: Well, you guys.
Speaker 7: I think after the last few games, the hot topic of conversation is Brandon Aubrey.
Speaker 3: So he is my oh, I like to pay.
Speaker 7: And I think that the Cowboys will have two touchdowns. Whether one be on defense, we will see, but I think we will have two field goals.
Speaker 5: I have the Cowboys winning twenty three to twenty.
Speaker 7: I think we will win by a field goal by mister Brandon Aubrey.
Speaker 5: And I think he is going to go eighteen for eighteen.
Speaker 6: About one I'm talking about?
Speaker 5: Who is it? Travis Coons?
Speaker 3: Exactly? Coons?
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 3: That's good, especially considering that Maher was on the other team. And it will be that'll be a storyline that the Cowboys have fixed their kicking issues for years to come, which.
Speaker 4: By the way, if you think about it, the beginning of the season, what was our worry like we didn't know anything about man.
Speaker 14: I didn't know anything about.
Speaker 6: I was still trying to bring back my hood. And now he that was my guy. Man, that was like God last year, like what happened.
Speaker 4: He's poised to set up a career starting the record for most field goals made consecutively. Okay, So having said all that, my hired gun in this game is going to be Dante.
Speaker 3: Fowler, a former Ram.
Speaker 4: He's going to get back at those ramps. Now, the couple is personal, it's personal. I'm gonna be like you ever seen a couple of sacks and a forced fumble.
Speaker 6: That's the hell of a game.
Speaker 4: And the Cowboys will win twenty seven to twenty, which means that Brandon Aubury has to kick a couple of field goals.
Speaker 3: From Okay, very good. One of the most lopsided wins, and it was the most lopsided win in Cowboys history against the Rams came back in the seventies. Ever since, you'll remember this, thirty seven to seven. I believe it was a playoff game. Yes, remember Hollywood Henderson.
Speaker 6: But it was also the coming out of Preston Pearson.
Speaker 3: There you go, yeah, man, there you go. I think Hollywood Henderson might have been on a kickoff reverse and.
Speaker 6: We did it. We did it that game, and we did another year.
Speaker 3: Are we talking seventy six or so?
Speaker 6: Good? Yeah, I think it was seventy seven.
Speaker 3: Seventy seven Okay, seven might have been. I don't have time to look it up. I just relying on memory there. Then Hollywood he spiked the foot be dunked it over the goal posts right acrossbar.
Speaker 6: So when you knew he was he was a stud? Yeah? Right?
Speaker 3: Who's been returning kicks for the Cowboys this year? We don't know, because they don't ever return kicks anymore.
Speaker 4: They'd ever get a short kickoff.
Speaker 3: So you're but I like Rico Dowdell as a kickoff.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I wonder how that would That name came to mind?
Speaker 3: And so I'm going to go and when you mentioned Preston Pearson too, Okay, So Rico Dowdell is the second back on this team. Not the same mold is Preston Pearson. But Rico Dowdell is my pick to click and thirty seven to seven, caw win. The implicate the win because they always I.
Speaker 6: Don't want to be that optimistic. I wish I could.
Speaker 3: But one of the scores of the other games they've played at at and T Stadium this year thirty to ten, and it was a Patriots game, thirty five thirty eight.
Speaker 6: It was ugly.
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 6: I got it. You want to ugly, you want to be ugly for the other.
Speaker 3: Team, that's right, thirty seven to seven Patriots was thirty eight.
Speaker 4: To three, thirty eight three.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: By the way, how many in the last ten games the Cowboys have played, not concluding preseason, last ten games, how many games have been on the road, and how many have been at home? They've played eight of their last ten games on the road, the last four games last year, last two regular season plus the playoff games, and then four of the first six this year have been on the road, so eight of the last ten. So time for a home cooking here, and that's what I'm going with. Another blowout win at home, and which will be eleven in a row at home.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 4: Well, they should have a big streak of thirty point games at home also, and somebody had grabbed.
Speaker 3: And we are way past time. So there you go. Ye, And if Rico has a game like that, then there will not be a trade for a running back. There is itself, all right, and uh, Savannah and Everson will be here on Monday. Mickey returns on Tuesday, and in the meantime, we have a great sports weekend and we will see you next week.
Speaker 6: Go Cowboys and go Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Ranger, Rangers and Rangers.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.