Speaker 1: Call It What It Is with Jessica Capshaw and Camille Luddington, an iHeartRadio podcast. Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello everyone, and welcome to another episode of.
Speaker 2: Shut Short, Every Sweet.
Speaker 1: This is about lastraw's.
Speaker 2: When is a lastraw? And listen.
Speaker 1: It is the holiday season and I think that oftentimes the last straw kind of lands at this you've had it or at leased with the Luddington's. The Lutdingtons love alastraw at Christmas. It's like we have turkey and a cide mac and cheese and a side of whatever and a side of the.
Speaker 2: Lastra Yeah, I've had it. I'm done.
Speaker 1: Okay, the call We're going to dive straight in because the call It crew have sent us submission. Okay.
Speaker 3: By the way, I just want to say, well, I was gonna say I do feel like I've evolved a bit because I used to like, for me, a lost straw would be you know, when you're having just one of those really challenging mornings where just everything seems to be going wrong, like you're alarm does and go off, you sleep.
Speaker 2: Through it, you wake up, you don't have clean underwear. You then go like all the things are just going wrong, going going wrong, going wrong, and then it culminates and you get into your car and you split your coffee all over yourself and you're like yeah, and it's just all over. And I've gotten better at that because I have the moment where I'm like, this is it? Yeah, and I calm the entertainments and I say, just wait a minute, this is not it. It will never be it. We're gonna take a breath, we're gonna collect ourselves, and we're gonna keep going.
Speaker 1: I have to say I'm good until unless my last straw ends up being a toe stub, a physical toe stub will always be my last straw. And it happens often to me. I feel like, if things are going wrong, my toe is like I'm going to go this way, run into that corner, and and it is refect. But it happens.
Speaker 2: It happens enough for me.
Speaker 1: You know, Listen, if if your day's going badly and then you stub your toe, you tell me that's not your last straw. If you can survive that, Jess, you're you're on You're on the next level. You're you're revolved as a human being, as an entity.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to.
Speaker 1: Get into the into the Colic crew talking about their last straws. So Mary and Sally have written us and they said, we both work at the same retail store, and on Black Friday this year, they had us steaming so many clothes, so many and eventually the steamer got got as tired as us and exploded all over the place. It burned Sally's arms and my chest. Safe to say, we quit real quick because I.
Speaker 2: Was the last straw.
Speaker 1: That was their last straw. I mean, if you first off, I hated working retail. I quit the first day of the job.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: I hated it more than waiting tables.
Speaker 2: I was to say. I never did do retail. I only did service.
Speaker 1: You're missing out on hell, seriously. And so if I got burned in retail, hold.
Speaker 2: Done, done done, just walking out right, it's over, yep. I would I would, I would have. I would agree with you. Yeah, all right. So Jenny wrote in and said, my last straw was the head chef I work for, telling me, oh boy, oh god, the woman's place is at the sink, not cooking. And this was after I caught the head chef doing drugs on the countertop where we all prepared food. And after I informed the owner of the restaurant about all of this, to which she did nothing because they were both sleeping together. Astro. I mean, I gotta tell you that there's so many cliches in this little, this little don't you always hear that, like head chefs are, chefs are angry, and chefs do drugs, and chefs are sleeping with everyone. Well, I mean, have you watched The Bear? Yeah yeah, yeah, But I'm this is you think it really is all just true? Like that's like, now I'm gonna look at chefs.
Speaker 1: I've known some. I've known some chefs that have been sleeping with some some peeps, and I thought.
Speaker 2: That like chefing was a sexy like getting you to.
Speaker 1: You're wrong, You're wrong, because here's the thing. You got to imagine this, right, you're a waitress. You're going you're like, god, those people out there, and he's like, guess what, I just made those fries on the fly for you because you forgot to put them in. And you're like, whoa, you just saved me. You just saved my tip. He's like, You're welcome. Like there are situations where the chef has control.
Speaker 2: You got saved by fries.
Speaker 1: No, this is what I'm saying. This is the situation that's never happened to me.
Speaker 2: Usually you're really good at these hypotheticals on the fly, So I was waiting for no, no, no, I'm just saying, like, listen, I will tell you that if you've ever forgotten to ring in a food order, and that chef can make something on the flight to make it look like you. I feel like this is a real life example.
Speaker 1: Well, this is a real life example. Didn't end up ahead chef was No, I did not bone the head chef.
Speaker 2: You did. You went to bone town with someone who put in an order for fries and saved your butt.
Speaker 4: It was too specific a lamp. I'm sorry you've been gotten. Are you saying that I slept with a head chef of on the fly? I'm saying, yes, Listen, Bob and I had a Oh, Bob, we had a connection. Don't worry about it, Jess. The point is it's good of happen.
Speaker 1: Jeff, Great, Sharon. My last straw was over the past few years. I was really close to a guy friend. We called each other brother and sister for ten years, and his family was mine. He got married and instead of asking me to be in his wedding on his side, he asked a guy he knew for two years. I found out that he didn't want to what.
Speaker 2: Oh what?
Speaker 1: I found out that he didn't want me in a tuxt because he didn't want to make anyone uncomfortable. I dropped that friendship.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, I don't like Sharon. Sharon.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Sharon was going to look too hot in the tucks and show him up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're gonna outshine him. Yeah, it's a jerk. Call him a jerk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just petty.
Speaker 2: I don't like that. Nope, I don't like that either. Cheryl says, I'd like to get your perspective on this last straw situation. A twenty five plus year friendship ended because I couldn't fully attend my friend's son's first communion. My daughter had a basketball game and I told her i'd come right after, which I did. My husband also couldn't attend because he's working a side job after losing his job, which my friend knew about. I gave her a heads up through text, but she cursed me out and hasn't spoken to me since. I was still invited with my three daughters to attend the gathering, and she spoke to me. Then I realized that I was cut off after texting her to wish her happy birthday. Now it's awkward when we see her and her kids. Her eldest is my goddaughter, and my eldest is hers. Her son won't even say hi to me or my husband anymore. Would love your thoughts this as bullshit? Yeah, I feel like something else is going on. I can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because listen, I had my first communion. I barely remember it. I mean, it's not it's not a wedding day.
Speaker 2: Although you are wearing a teeny tiny little wedding dress. Yeah, let's talk about that. Well you're getting married.
Speaker 1: Well, I listen, I don't. It's fine. Life happens. If you have a friend that can't handle the fact that your life also happens at the same time as theirs does, then but I agree, I think, but you know what, it was the last straw. You're right, there are odds there. We need to know the other straws.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something something, something's going on here. I mean, because if that's that's it, then that's I'm sorry. I think that's a little bit of an ever reaction. No, yeah, talk it out. I would.
Speaker 3: I would.
Speaker 2: I would go in with an attempt to talk it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the first thing you say is what the hell is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what Camilla would say. I would be like, hmmm, hmmm.
Speaker 1: Actually the hm is worse than me saying what the hell is wrong with you? If you call me so what the hell is wrong and you're like, oh, if you want, hey, Camilla, I'd be like literally pooping my pants. I'd like, oh my god, something terrible. I've done something really bad, really bad, really bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, talk to me about Alice Alis said.
Speaker 1: My last straw in my friendship was when I was in hospital about to undergo surgery. My friend kept calling and texting me frantically about sending through a recording for a group project, telling me how unorganized and awful I was, even though I had already emailed the teacher and she was fine with it. I felt so disrespected. Major last straw. Yeah, it's a big last straw. I feel kind of stupid a little bit because I said my last straw was a toe stub, and everyone's last straws are way more dat straws. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's absurd and I agree. Yeah, these are not these are not great.
Speaker 2: No, I think these are like even bigger than.
Speaker 1: Than a last straw.
Speaker 2: It's a last like log, it's the last, Yeah, the last stalk.
Speaker 1: It's a bigger straw. Like, what's bigger than a straw?
Speaker 2: It's a tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a last tree. Okay.
Speaker 2: Sarah wrote in and said, my last straw that made me and my relationship was my ex continued allowing his mom to get involved in our reallylationship. Even after multiple conversations, his parents would randomly appear at our date nights. What we couldn't hang out on our own without him involving his parents. The final straw was him lying to me about not being able to have date night because he was rained in at his house when it was only sprinkling, to later find out his mom was there and didn't want him to leave the house. So weird rained in at your house. I'm sorry, I can't come. I mean it would have to just I'm sorry. I just thoughts raining a little bit and I can't come.
Speaker 1: It would have to be severe rain, Like I'm really worried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sprinkle, no, no, no, not sprinkling. Yeah, that would be a last straw. I think that you well, the last straw is lying almost you know, lying is definitely gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Is gonna be always a last straw, the final Yeah, that's not good. I don't you know what? And I'm not so sure about the whole, Like why are your parents randomly appearing at your date nights? Why do they even know where you're going? Like I'm not texting Martin Luddington and letting going hdding up Chili's in an hour?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: By the way, because he would come, That's true, he would show up, which is what I would tell him. I can't enjoy it.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: But why you've been telling them where you're going? Maybe they have his location?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they shared locations. That's the thing. Do you share your location with people?
Speaker 1: I recently, recently, when me and you were somewhere, oh, when we went to Palm Beach, I shared my location with that.
Speaker 2: And then I took you away, Like why you were looking a little cause I did something to you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was worried. I knew I was looking too good that week, and I'm like, I don't trust her. I would glow close this week. I don't know what she might do take advantage of the club. Okay, yeah, well carry on, Charlot said. Charlotte said, My last straw was getting into a car accident, not my fault, and my girlfriend's first sentence being my fucking car immediately went home and packed my bags with excruciating whiplash.
Speaker 2: Can't be the first thing, is no, Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 1: Obviously at some point you're gonna say, how's the car?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but you know you gotta time that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well I think there also had to have been other behavior that made this the last straw.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what did the last straw. That's what the last straw is. We're not saying it's the first straw, the only straw.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, sorry I didn't Yeah, that's the whole point of this, Jess, So sorry, so sorry. I'm still clought on you sent Matt Yourn. When I'm with you, Yeah, I've turned it off.
Speaker 1: I've turned it off since I got back, and if we're together, even just sometimes in the podcast, I'm like, I gotta turn it on.
Speaker 2: I'm in the next room. But you never know, capable.
Speaker 1: Of this girl is so powerful she sucked through the screen like Poulter. Guys, Okay, I'm so stupid. Go on, you gotta read Phoebe last straw.
Speaker 2: Phoebe wrote in and said, my last straw was my friend of ten years missing my birthday for the sixth time. The kicker is he told me he was too sick to come to my birthday, and then I found out he was out partying with some newer friends he met because someone on his Instagram close Friends story screenshot at his post and sent it to me. So not only did he miss my day, he lied as well.
Speaker 1: Gross, I mean six times in a row.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he only made four of the ten years that you were friends.
Speaker 1: That's annoying, yea, yeah, yeah yeah, that's where.
Speaker 2: By the way, all that social media can really bite you on the butt. Yeah yeah, yeah, I'm also dumb. And by the way, why weren't you on his close friends if he's posting it to Instagram, didn't you know you would?
Speaker 1: Sku. You can go in and you can edit that. You can figure out who's the not close friend.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't like that?
Speaker 1: No, No, okay, Nicholas, last one from the crew, last final straw, my last straw was when I was asked by my best friend since childhood to do a guys trip on a cruise, so I went with him without my fiance. Well, he basically ditched me the entire cruise, drank heavily every night, and ended up having a boat mance. I've never heard that with a married woman twice his age. I shouldn't comment on anyone's appearance. However, the woman he slept with on the cruise was missing.
Speaker 2: Oh stop, Whenever you say I shouldn't comment on anyone's appearance and then you continue, here we go.
Speaker 1: I know, but here we go, going in he's missing. Up front two she had tattoos across her chest and had leather skin due to sun damage. I thought you were going to comment. Up, were going to comment, He's like, but here's my list. Mind you My friend is thirty two years old. She had to have been sixty. I basically was on this cruise alone and he was nowhere to be found. It was so rude and a waste of money. Okay, before we get into this, you know what this is. This is consensual, right and the aged the sixty year old you know what? I don't know what she looked like to you, but she was having her fun. The last straw is that you got ditched.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It does sound like your friend's clearly going through something. He's drinking every day, so there's you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you got ditched. Well, so it's like, yeah, when you get asked to do something and it's very specific, like's do the guy's trip and so that the friend doesn't bring the girlfriend, and then this happens, it's like it's the last straw.
Speaker 1: It's hard when you want a cruise too, because there's nowhere to go. You're gonna go, Yeah, there's nowhere unless I stop at a port.
Speaker 2: So if I went on a cruise with you, would you need to share your location with that?
Speaker 1: I would always share it. I would always, honestly, even if there was nowhere to go, like you could only be up when I just come over to the house, I'm here, I'm going from the living room.
Speaker 2: I know something new about you know. I just don't know if I can unring this. You can't. You cannot ring it. It is what it is, you guys.
Speaker 1: I love it. I hope that you guys don't have many last straws. This holiday season. May the last straws be but be non existent this day, the last straws be in a beverage of your choice eggs. Jessica Capshaw, your first copy, write it.
Speaker 2: Make a T shirt, make a hat. I like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love it. I love it when we do these short Do you hear my dogs marking?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: Actually, Okay, I love this. I do love a short and sweet. I love getting to hear from the crew. Their stories are always you know what, they you never know. They surprise us every time. They're all different, but I love hearing their their finals, their last straws. Yeah, yeah, they're all very different too, and they were big the toe stub. I should not have started.
Speaker 2: With no, It's okay. You got to have a starting point, and you know what, there's no bad answer. We're all just, you know, fre to free to have our feelings. I'd like to on our next short and suite, I'm just throwing it out there. We can, you know, do with what you will. I'd like to talk about the no. I want to talk about side parts versus middle parts. I do want to talk about that. I want to talk about that. I don't care about the whole skinny jeans versus other jeens. I do care because I don't need a scae gean coming back. No, I don't. I don't really either, but I care less about it than I care about the side part versus middle part.
Speaker 1: So let's hear from the crew. We'll throw it out now. Yeah, how do you feel about a side part versus a middle part? And what are things that you have been told are out but you don't care about and will always be in for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because, by the way, I'm noticing because I do like a side part. I do, and I was. I've trained myself against it now because you know it's not cool. And that someone I don't know, I think I young said they're disgusting. Side parts are disgusting. How can the side part be discussed widely? Is rocking a side part every single red carpet? See you complete me? I was going to say. I see Blake Lively rocking a side part all the time, literally all the time. Literally, Never do I see her with the middle part. I see her just with a tossled side part. Loveliness, Lively, loveliness. So, anyways, do you stay true to who you are and keep your hairdo the way that you want to do. Make this so deep? Do you stay you have? It's part of your identity?
Speaker 1: BN.
Speaker 2: Do you go with the trends and middle part it even if it doesn't look good on you?
Speaker 4: Mm?
Speaker 2: Because remember we were having the conversation where I said I can't wear a slick back ponytail and you can, and you said you have tried, and I said, I'm pretty sure it's not gonna look good. Good I have.
Speaker 1: Well, when we back, when we went back to your place and we had our sleepover and my location was on and you did it.
Speaker 2: It looked good. A mysterious car pulled up.
Speaker 1: Well, and it was mad because it's mad. It was checking you out, making sure not thinking, yeah, this wasn't a situation. I uh okay, I love this idea. So why don't you guys drop us. We're gonna we'll put this on social media when this airs, and we'll make sure that you have the what's in, what's out? What do you wish what's in right now that you wish was out?
Speaker 2: Yeah? See look I'm showing you right now.
Speaker 1: She looks good right now.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And and we'll have a poll. Should just have suit backle. Do you think that Kimila needs to keep her location on when she suggested, because like, you know what's gonna happen the cruise, And I was like, yeah, she does knows, all right, let's call it still.
Speaker 2: It's just so us this episode. Call it and the end of the episode
Speaker 1: Mmmmmmm mm hmm