Speaker 1: All right, we got some drama for you today.
Speaker 2: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning on the Second Date Podcast because it's awkward Tuesday. Yes, I mean, honestly, today is a lot this poor girl and the DM she received from a complete stranger. So to that in just a second. But first we need to rewind. We need to go back to yesterday and talk air friers.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we do, because you guys were talking air friers in the comments that lit up our comments section yesterday's.
Speaker 1: Second Date update.
Speaker 4: We live in a world.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're on her side? Send yeah, okay, okay, okay, what do you see it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Honestly, it was funny. It was really like fifty to fifty.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of like, you know, she doesn't have emotional maturity, blah blah blah. But then these ones were my favorite I got. I don't usually comment, but I felt compelled to on this one. Air Friers are awesome and as you guys were recording this, I'm making myself a four course meal in both of my air Friars. And finally, Airfriar's rock. He should be in the hospital as m h.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I don't have one still maybe I should get one.
Speaker 4: You're pretty cool.
Speaker 1: They're nice, but they take up so much space on your counter.
Speaker 3: It's true, they're not like aesthetically Yeah, okay, all right, well maybe talking about air friars for another attend week.
Speaker 1: We really could, but we won't.
Speaker 2: Let's get into the new awkward Tuesday phone call happening right now.
Speaker 6: Don't you hate it when a random thing pops up that instantly reminds you of your ex It could be like a certain song, or a funny meme, or the smell of an old dumpster.
Speaker 4: At least, that's what reminds Brook of all of her exes.
Speaker 6: But one of our listeners says she literally hadn't thought about her old boyfriend in years till she got a random DM from a complete stranger, and what it said left all of us shocked. So she sent us an urgent email asking for help. You're gonna hear why and your awkward Tuesday phone call next.
Speaker 4: It's awkward.
Speaker 5: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 6: You ever have someone from your past suddenly pop up again out of nowhere like a giant ZiT right before your wedding day? And now you got a dilemma where it's like, do I just ignore this thing and let it hopefully go away on its own, or do I bust out the tweezers and hydrogen peroxide and attack this ZiT head on.
Speaker 3: You're not supposed to, but you probably are going to attack it.
Speaker 4: There's something well.
Speaker 6: One of our listeners is dealing with that issue where somebody from her past has suddenly resurfaced in her life and she's decided she needs help popping that zits.
Speaker 1: Jose is the only one that likes that stuff.
Speaker 6: It's only analogy I could think of, But let's talk to Amanda about it. Amanda, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks so much for having me. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to hear who the pus filled person is.
Speaker 4: We're like, yeah, we'll try to help you.
Speaker 6: Tell us who from your past is suddenly back to haunt you.
Speaker 5: So I dated this guy a while back, but we've broken up.
Speaker 4: It's an X Well.
Speaker 5: I get a d M from a random woman and she asked me, how are you dating this guy?
Speaker 4: She's asking if you're dating your ex boyfriend now.
Speaker 5: She said, if I had dated this guy.
Speaker 1: She's asking it past ten okay, so maybe she's doing some research or something.
Speaker 5: You know, right, which I mean, it's weird, but I had no reason to laugh where I said, yes old. She tells me that she's dating him now, which cool, okay, great?
Speaker 2: Is that the one sentence response she said, because that's awkward.
Speaker 6: He's mine now, you should know that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, objectively, that's weird. We agree, well, and.
Speaker 5: That's kind where I thought it would stop. But she starts asking me all of these personal questions about myself, like what just kind of things, I like, style questions, and I'm sort of like.
Speaker 2: Oh, like personal stuff, not like questions about you and your relationship with your ex.
Speaker 5: Exactly, huh, which I don't know that. I don't know this person at all. So I said, why are you asking me this? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Maybe she's just a really bad stalker, like too upfront about getting all the information.
Speaker 1: Save me the time from scrolling, and.
Speaker 6: Just tell me now, I'm going to find out this information one way or the other, so just out with it.
Speaker 4: What does she say to you?
Speaker 5: Well, she tells me that he still had my picture up in his place. Oh wow, so she's wondering there's something going on between us. Still are we hooking up?
Speaker 7: Texting?
Speaker 5: What's the deal?
Speaker 4: Oh god? He still has your photo? Why did you guys break up? Have we asked that?
Speaker 5: It's been a few years, and that's my order. I was like, look, I haven't spoken to that guy. I thought about him. I'm like one hundred percent moved on.
Speaker 2: Were you like freaked out or what is your reaction to him still having your photo up?
Speaker 1: That is so bizarre?
Speaker 4: Freaked out or flattered?
Speaker 5: I was a little shocking. I mean, yeah again, I'm like, I'm totally done. I've moved on. It's years, So.
Speaker 2: Why is it still bothering you? Like, shouldn't you just be like, oh weird?
Speaker 1: Move on?
Speaker 5: I mean I thought that would be the end of it. I told her nothing's going on, and then a few weeks later, I get another message from her saying that she's at a bar right by my place and wants to know if I can meet with her to chat.
Speaker 4: What oh god, what is she doing?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 4: Like, is this a girl thing?
Speaker 1: Like, it's not your problem, this would be it's weird of her. Did you go to drinks with her?
Speaker 5: Well? I was pretty hesitant, but she promised me it was going to be quick, and she said she really needed to talk to me.
Speaker 8: If it's quick, if you're paying, let's go in and out what the heck is going on?
Speaker 1: And you want to see what looks like in real life?
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 5: This when I'm just curious.
Speaker 1: Right, that curiosity?
Speaker 9: So how to go?
Speaker 1: Happened?
Speaker 5: So I went down there. She's already sitting down having a drink by herself at the bar. I walk over, Stay, hi, you know, I'm a little nervous, and she just jumps up and gives me this like weird hug.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe, like sometimes when I feel uncomfortable, I will hug people.
Speaker 1: Better than a handshake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, punch to the chin.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's obviously a weird start, but not the worst thing, I guess.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's sort of like what does she want? Does she want to know more about this guy?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: Is she? And turns out we just have this incredibly awkward conversation where she's asking me about my skincare and my hair routine, what kind of music I like?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Is she like trying to be more like?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I said, because I was thinking that it just seemed like maybe she doesn't have a ton of friends and a girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Because they have a common interest. No, I guess something that they share. No, it's funny, but yeah, not exactly healthy.
Speaker 1: I mean, you left that meeting feeling.
Speaker 5: What it was so weird. I mean she was nice, but I finally kind of got myself out of there by saying I had to leave for work and she's messaging me again. Now wow, Now what.
Speaker 4: She's messaging you about?
Speaker 1: What she wants to hang out? It sounds like hang out.
Speaker 6: Yes, So I'm curious what made you email the show for help today with your awkward Tuesday phone call?
Speaker 4: What are you looking to do here?
Speaker 5: Well, at this point, I feel like I just need to tell her. It's not that I have any ill will towards her or towards my ex, but I just don't want to be friends. And I feel like I've tried to deliver this message and I just want to be polite so that she doesn't think that were enemies. But right, totally, I don't know what to do at this point.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this is so.
Speaker 4: Awkward, extremely awkward.
Speaker 6: Oh, which makes me happy for the segment of the show, But like for you, Amanda, I'm not sure how I would feel if I was in your shoes right now, I'd be extremely nervous to make this call for her.
Speaker 2: She could possibly get her feelings hurt, and you don't want that. Like, she's not a bad person, it sounds like exactly.
Speaker 5: So that's why I've reached out to you. I don't I just don't know what to do.
Speaker 6: Okay, man, Well, We're I going to try and think of some advice for you and come back. Let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to your ex boyfriend's new girlfriend.
Speaker 4: A premature on that, but tell her I.
Speaker 6: Don't want to be friends with you politely, Yeah, right after this.
Speaker 4: Hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 6: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. It's one thing to have to tell your ex boyfriend, hey, stop texting me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's easy.
Speaker 6: It's a whole nother situation to tell your ex boyfriend's new lady to leave you alone.
Speaker 4: Everybody likes you.
Speaker 2: Jame's lonely and needs friends like that's the hardest part of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: That's what brought our listener Amanda to the show today because she's been broken up with a dude for years, but recently she's been getting text messages from the new woman her ex's seeing, and this woman is asking Amanda very personal questions.
Speaker 4: She's wanting to grab drinks.
Speaker 1: So they did grab drinks, just did wild.
Speaker 6: She wants to hang out more and get matching Brazilians with her together or whatever it is that girls like to do. I don't know how the girl hangouts go, but it's just getting super awkward. So she needs advice on how to deliver the message I don't want to hang out with the clingy new girlfriend of my crazy ex boyfriend.
Speaker 4: But how does she say that more gently?
Speaker 6: Because, like Brook was saying, there's a chance this woman is just super lonely and is looking for a friend in her life. So, Jose, what's your advice to Amanda before she makes her awkward call here?
Speaker 5: Well, so you.
Speaker 8: Don't sound so harsh like what we think is right, she really just needs friends and she's lonely. Just blame the situation.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 8: No one should be friends with the person dating their ex, just like ever, like anyone. So you don't dislike her, It's just the situation you're in.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry you don't make it personal about her. It's just any situation involving crossover between xes and the new relationships.
Speaker 4: It's a bad idea.
Speaker 1: It could seem like she's not over the ex.
Speaker 6: Then well he's saying like, don't do with the ex either too. Yeah, what do you think, bro?
Speaker 2: I think you need to blame somebody else. Yeah, and you need to say that you've got a new man who's super jealous and just just doesn't want you to have anything to do with the ex or the girlfriend, any of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's really rich, but I mean he totally.
Speaker 1: Sucks what I'm dating on me.
Speaker 4: When do you think of that, Amanda?
Speaker 5: I think you are both great ideas. So I'm hopeful she'll be receptive to something.
Speaker 4: Just because you're not trying to crush her with this message.
Speaker 6: You're just trying to politely back away from any interaction with her or your ex.
Speaker 2: Me some boundaries, and it seems like it needs to be a really specific boundary.
Speaker 6: Boundaries are a good word. Maybe you can throw that in there. But I'm going to dial this other woman. Her name is Courtney.
Speaker 2: You said, mm hmm, okay, you're so nervous you okay, okay, thank you.
Speaker 6: We're going to be waiting to jump in if we feel like you need a little bit of help.
Speaker 4: But this is all you. Good luck. I don't remember right now here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hey Courtney, this is Amanda, Amanda Seawan's ex.
Speaker 7: Oh hey, I was gonna text you later. That's so funny.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, what's up? What's going on?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Because I have an extra ticket to the Sean Paul concert next weekend, so I want to see if.
Speaker 5: You could go with me. You know, I probably shouldn't, but thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Oh why not?
Speaker 7: It'll be fun. We can grab drinks before we can get our.
Speaker 5: Pre funk on you know by now.
Speaker 9: That does sound fun, but I am gonna have to pass ah shuck, And I don't know that we should spend.
Speaker 5: More time together.
Speaker 7: Wait, what do you mean.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be like completely honest with you. It just feels really weird for me that my extoss current girl and wants to hang out with me. Oh why, I don't know. I mean, it's not weird for you.
Speaker 7: No, I think you're actually like really cool and like I kind of want to be like you.
Speaker 5: You want what?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Like Sean stated a lot of girls. You and I both know that, and out of all of them, he only talks about you, and like he still has your photo up in his room and everything so weird.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, like sometimes that night, like will stay up and he tells me stories about you. So yeah, like he just says that you were like really special and like, I don't know, maybe if we hang out enough, I could be more like you.
Speaker 5: You know, right, I know, I'm sorry. I don't like. I don't like that at all.
Speaker 7: I'm so sorry. Like I did not mean for it to sound rude. It is one hundred percent of compliments.
Speaker 5: No, it's it's that, And I don't want to give you advice, especially because I know you very well, but I didn't know each other well. To me, any guy that's keeping old photos up or can't get over an X, I mean, isn't that just kind of a red flag? Wait a second, why would you say that? Well, because it's true. I mean, nobody should want to be around someone who can't let go of an X. It's I mean, I don't.
Speaker 9: Think that's old.
Speaker 7: On a second, hold, oh my god, are you saying that because you're trying to break us up?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, no, no, no no no no, I'm not at all. I'm just saying this.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, you are like totally still.
Speaker 5: I knew it. You're still in love with him.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I knew it. You you want to look up with him that you know, like you want to keep being you and keep looking.
Speaker 5: Up with him.
Speaker 1: Courtney.
Speaker 7: Hello, Yes, who is it?
Speaker 4: Hey? Courtney? Uh, there's actually a whole.
Speaker 7: Bunch of you.
Speaker 4: Who's this?
Speaker 1: Okay? Hi, Courtney, hold on and let him talk and he'll tell you.
Speaker 6: There's a whole radio show that's on this phone call right now because you're on Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: What why why boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to date your boyfriend except for you, Courtney.
Speaker 4: We were helping.
Speaker 6: We all support your relationship with Sean. Amanda included this is something called an awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 7: I don't an awkward What does that even mean?
Speaker 6: Amanda reached out to our show because she was telling us about the situation going on with you and her and the ex Sean.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, why couldn't we know we're like friends? She could have just confronted her.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, Courtney, I think there's some boundaries that have been cross that you just want to listen to Amanda a little bit.
Speaker 7: On the only boundaries being cross is from Amanda trying to break up me and Sean.
Speaker 4: Amanda talked to Courtney and explain the situation. Just just be honest with her, courtey.
Speaker 5: I just it's been years since Sean and I were together. I just don't have any interest in revisiting this part of my life. And I just think it's such a situation.
Speaker 2: Whatever you say, are you not listening to her?
Speaker 7: Cortey, He's saying, she's it doesn't matter because it's not real.
Speaker 5: What Look at this point, it's shocking to me that you could possibly think that I would want to be with Sean. I mean, you're the one that initiated this entire friendship.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't want to be friends with you anymore. So I'll tell you that right now, because I don't like to be friends with homewreckers.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Courtney, she's got your best interest in mind. Like you're going to bed at night with your boyfriend, having him tell stories of his.
Speaker 1: Ex girlfriend to you. If she wanted act, she could get them. That is not healthy.
Speaker 7: It's research.
Speaker 1: No, no, do not become Courtney be yourself and whoever you're sorry, I got the names mixed up between you two.
Speaker 6: You were saying to her earlier, Courtney that you think you want to change stuff about yourself to be more like Amanda so that your boyfriend feels the same way. But he must like you if he's dating you right now, you don't have to change yourself.
Speaker 7: We're talking about all this and what we should be talking about is Amanda coming for my man.
Speaker 2: If we're going to go that route, Amanda, you stay away from Courtney's manage.
Speaker 1: Talk to her.
Speaker 4: You you terrible woman.
Speaker 5: You know what? That's fine with me?
Speaker 6: Okay, you're willing to break off all communication with Sean what you've already done, but you're gonna keep doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Courtney, is.
Speaker 5: That cool with you?
Speaker 7: Stay away from him, but we can still.
Speaker 4: Be friend No, it's party.
Speaker 1: There's no friendship between you and Shawn's X. It's just yep, cut the cord here.
Speaker 7: You're not in charge of my friendship with demand. Are you trying to break us up?
Speaker 1: Now? Oh my god, just let people live.
Speaker 5: Girl.
Speaker 1: You need to block hers.
Speaker 5: I've tried.
Speaker 4: Itok Jeffrey in the morning, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 6: But there's some people who, if there's just not enough drama happening in their lives at the moment, they'll manufacture it on their own just so that they have something to be angry and upset about.
Speaker 5: Yah.
Speaker 3: Some might call them crazy to say that.
Speaker 1: Some people know. If you say some people it okay.
Speaker 4: I like it for Courtney to go from I want to.
Speaker 6: Be exactly like you to clearly you're trying to break me and my boyfriend up. Oh man, I mean, Alexis. This is some Love Islands level drama that we're dealing with. And I don't even watch that show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it gets.
Speaker 3: Much crazier than this.
Speaker 2: If anything, it sounds like Amanda's X really leveled up. Yeah, I'm not being sarcastic at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're probably wild.
Speaker 6: I can't believe it got there, and I'm not trying to start any drama right now. But if you're listening to this on podcasts and you're not hitting subscribe, what are you trying to cancel us?
Speaker 5: You are? Are you? God?
Speaker 6: I knew it's snaky snakes listening to us not subscribing.
Speaker 4: I hate you?
Speaker 1: Whoa go that far?
Speaker 4: Unless you unless you hit subscribe is calling people crazy.
Speaker 8: You're telling people you hate them.
Speaker 4: Can I just say we actually like our listeners.
Speaker 5: It wasn't me.
Speaker 1: I said some people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, some people aren't a fan of our listeners, just some of us, just some people.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we do like you. If you can want to subscribe, go ahead and do it. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.