Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcast, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show. And yes we are another Rick Burgess show is rolling America shouting we are ready. As you heard, the gang is all here, Speedy, Greg and Adler, and we could not be more thrilled to be hanging out with all of you again. Today the National Day of Prayer in America Today, a little reminder, we've got George Washington's prayer for our country and when you hear that, some of you out there may be shocked. A prayer like that was actually led by the president. So so of course that probably a pretty good indicator since he was the first one, and we'll probably established a standard there, but that nobody seemed to have an issue with. But anyway, so we'll and the Constitution was finished, so so anyway, we'll we'll talk about that going forward today as America is praying for the country hopefully and what we could use it all across the fruited playing today, So we'll talk about that a little bit. We got a number of updates, one of them making us extremely nervous because we were all raised by authoritative dads. This one for you and me, Greg, gonna be really close to home since it's coach.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Well, we got the Atlanta Falcons update so and bless their heart, they didn't have anything to do with it, you know they didn't. So do you say the Falcons defensive quarters defensive coordinators named Jeff Ulbrich, Yes, yes, So it was his son and a buddy that pranked Shadeur Sanders. There's an update, and we got an update today. And have you ever been in trouble with your parents when you were young and dumb and you thought, well, the worst of the storm is over. Yeah, oh yeah, Dad found out I did something stupid. He's mad about it. He's he's called me. I'm getting punished, and you think you're out of it, and then another shoe drops, uh huh, and today it is ugly. Can I tell you that one thing that that just makes things worse is when you do something stupid and it embarrasses your your family. That's enough. But then all of a sudden, your dad and where he works, they pay a price to You've cost your dad's company, the people who write in checks. You've cost him a lot of money because because you're stupid. Yeah, and and think about this, dang the luck, you're gonna pull a crank prank, but you do it on the one guy that everybody is looking at. Yeah, the top story of the entire draft. You see what I'm saying. You did. These other ones that we hear about, they're not making that big a deal. I'm sure they'll get fine too, But this is the number one story of the three days of the draft. And that's the guy that you prank called. That's right. So it just brings it even that much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then to the dad, he's just got an open eyepad on the kitchen counter. He doesn't think that somebody's trying to get it at home. Why would he think that if you don't know the story. You know, he's just the contact lists of all your draft you know, picks and ugly new cell phone numbers and ugly nfl is handed down some fines and it's not.
Speaker 1: Pretty yeah, well we'll come back.
Speaker 3: You would look to your point, Rick, you think I've apologized to the Sanders family. We contacted them. I've gotten in trouble from Dad. Okay, things clear, Okay, man, Man said, I'm sorry. You know we've told the Falcons. They're like, okay, coach, you're not going to be punished. But man, and then now the NFL hits you with a fine, You're like, oh, boy.
Speaker 1: Do you think? Of course, I know the kid who did this is at college and as far as he's concerned, he never wants to come home again ever. But I might be wrong, might be forced to come home now, I bet. But so what do you think is worse? There? You? You you read it in the headlines, and then you wait on dad's call. Your mom calls you and says, do you know what has happened to your dad because of you? There's probably that too, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Especially when your dad has to have a press conference which we have audio of where he's having to he's having to apologize when you pull.
Speaker 1: A prank that forces your dad to have, you know, have to get up in front of everybody and tell what happened and apologize and also stroke a check yeah, yeah, and also takes the high road. He doesn't.
Speaker 3: He says it was my son, but he says weird to blame like I'm you know, I guess I shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Well, it is going to be a breath or fresh air of someone taking responsibility for the actions of their kid, uh, and not apologizing for their kid and not trying to justify what their kid did. That is going to be a breath or fresh air. But I can't help but put myself in the kid's position because I was a person who you know, I did things that embarrassed my family, and I didn't cost them this kind of money.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But uh, but I know what it's like to be on be for your family to be very disappointed. Well, let me ask you this, what about the kid. There's that, and it's a horrible horrifighting the kid that was actually doing the call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure, and I haven't heard about him, but I'm sure his parents are right.
Speaker 1: There with they don't have to have a press conference, but I'm sure if he was willing to do the call, though, do you think his parents are asthoritative as this guy? Because this guy, there was something in this guy that said, well, we can do it, but I ain't gonna be the guy that he's the one. But he's the one that stole them. Understood, But you gotta have a gerald k I'm saying because the coaches saidden. You see how I'm comfort I mean, I'm not clearing him. No, he's not clear.
Speaker 3: At that point, he got nervous and said, oh gosh, I can't believe I did this.
Speaker 1: This is real. Your door on the line. But it's too late. He's not clear because you're like you said, he's the one who brought the number from his dad's iPad. Yeah, so he is worse than this. Yeah, but but I just wonder what kind of situation, like you said, the callers in give me my channel. Rick.
Speaker 3: As soon as soon as old Rich's boy so heard this, he ran out of the room, you know, as soon as he is he heard, like, oh my gosh, this is real, that that is actually him.
Speaker 2: You know how you doing.
Speaker 1: Good? Been waiting on you.
Speaker 4: It's been along wait man for you right here, man, Yeah, but you're gonna have to wait a little bit longer. Nasty.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. Yeah, he didn't know why he said that part. Yeah, confused.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be legendary.
Speaker 1: Oh and you're throwing his brand in there, that legendary thing that may hurt more than been waiting on y'all. They're both pretty bad. Such a big party, they're really Oh my gosh, all right, we come back. Wow, what has the NFL done? And we're gonna hear a dad have to get up and take the mic. He handles himself great. But all I can think about is, man, I'm.
Speaker 5: Looking at this here at Cooper de jene or however you say his name. He got pranked last year. Oh yeah, the Franks need to stop.
Speaker 1: It's who is pranked on this one? Yep, it's yeah. They're getting pranked every year. The number one story of the.
Speaker 6: Draft is the Rick Burger's show.
Speaker 1: Well, Blaze's TV family. We we are getting together and we welcome Nicole Shanahan. Her show Back to the People is now part of the Blaze family. And of course she's Silicon Valley attorney, entrepreneur advocate who spent years fighting for transparency, freedom and real change, but been a major voice and the Make America Health Healthy Again movement and work alongside Robert F. Kennedy Junior pushing government that actually works for the people, not against the people, not just for the elites. So if you'd like to find out more her brand new show, as I told you, it's called Back to the People. When she digs into the conversations at mainstream media, of course, is Ignoring going to bring together experts, activists, everyday people to tackle tough issues, share untold stories, and find real solutions rooted in truth and humanity. If you would like to get a sneak peek of Nicole Shanahan before she hits Blaze's TV on her YouTube, you can just search Nicole Shanahan and you can see what she's already up to. So Blade's TV family says, welcome to Nicole Shanahan and excited to have you part of the team. I do want to update you on one little quick programming note. Adler and I and the team, we're aware that yesterday we had a glitch in the audio only archive of yesterday's Wednesday Bible Study. We apologize for any inconvenience that that cost. We did not catch it when it went out. It sounded like it was fine, but there was definitely a glitch in it. And Idler has fixed that. So if you were having trouble on the audio archive yesterday of the Wednesday Bible study, that problem has been resolved and you can go back and listen to that on your own time. So we apologize for that, but it was just it just happens that things like that happened in the old tech world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and all the links that were sent out yesterday, are those are still good?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Really? So I don't have to go back and change that.
Speaker 5: Okay, everything's fixed on every platform.
Speaker 1: So if I click on it, no matter when I received it, it's right now. Yes, sirs, Oh, I like that. Thank you buddy, Thanks forgetting.
Speaker 5: Sorry about that.
Speaker 1: Well, it happened, all right, So y'all want to do it. Here we go. So the NFL yesterday, just when you think that you're you're trying to get past something that you've upset your family over the prankster that pranked Shadoor Sanders textures, you're saying it. Greg said it, speed, he said it, We're all saying it. This does happen sometimes. But this particular guy is the son of a defensive coordinator for one of the NFL franchises, and he picks the wrong guy, the guy, as Greg said that he's being covered wall to wall twenty four to seven on the draft. So his choice of person to prank, bad choice.
Speaker 5: But also great choice because it was the best person to prank.
Speaker 1: Well, now when he gets his when he finally and all this is over and he's at the Prank Awards banquet, yes, now it will help him get an award that he picks you to your saying, right, you're right on that. Yeah, if you were going for you know the effect of the prank, right, you went the correct route if that's your goal. Yeah. Now in this clip, the figures are not mentioned, but go ahead and give them those figures.
Speaker 3: The NFL has fined the Falcons, who had nothing to do with this right, two hundred and fifty thousand dollars and coach Olbrich himself one hundred thousand dollars in response to the situation. So you think that's bad, good night, here comes a six figure fine. The NFL said the fines were because of failing to prevent the disclosure of confidential information distributed to the club in advance of the NFL drafts. So Olbrich is being fined for not protecting data that was confidential. Now, you wouldn't think you had to do that on your on your kitchen counter at home. You wouldn't think you would have you.
Speaker 1: No, good night, You feel safe about it.
Speaker 3: How many people work from home and do things from the house you don't expect coming through, No, you don't. Now it is interesting here, boy, that's right. The audio and video that we're about to play. Coach does not appear to be crying. It's just maybe he's got some sinuses. So he's sniffed a couple of times. So don't think he's teared up and crying, but he's very uncomfortable and does take full responsibility for it.
Speaker 1: You bring my channel down. This is gonna be adler here, all right, So once again I want you all to know before y'all hear these words. And I keep putting myself in the place of the sun because unfortunately I can relate to him. Okay, sadly at twenty one, he just cost his dad's company two hundred fifty thousand dollars and he just cost his dad one hundred thousand dollars. Please don't and he's embarrassed unbelievably. Yeah, So here is dad now? Responding.
Speaker 7: First, of all, I like to publicly apologize to Shuder and the Sanders family for what occurred. Of all, I want to publicly apologize to mister Blank, Terry Foutno, Raean Morris, and the entire Falconist organization. My actions, my actions have not protecting confidential data were inexcusable. My son's actions were absolutely inexcusable, and for that we are both deeply sorry. The NFL has taken action, and I fully respect the punishment. We take full responsibility my son and myself, and we will not be appealing the fund in any way. Going forward, I promised my son and I will work hard to demonstrate we are.
Speaker 1: Better than this.
Speaker 7: Again, I'm deeply sorry for our actions. Yeah, obviously not happy and.
Speaker 1: Shocked.
Speaker 7: So I made the Falcons aware of the situation, and then our next course of action was to try to get a hold of the Sanders family so we could apologize in person, which we were able to do, and uh, the great the Sanders family should and Coach Sanders were amazingly gracious, more gracious than they needed to be in a moment like this. They've been challenging, but you know, we uh, we brought this upon ourselves, you know, and the fact that I didn't protect the data well enough and my son did something. Obviously he has a great amount of regret.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rick, you're sixty. You're not in trouble.
Speaker 5: I'm not the pranks. You didn't do the prank. Why do I feel like I did the prank?
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm in trouble. Yes, I'm not involved in this terrible terrible, terrible, horrible, horrible, horrible.
Speaker 3: I mean, and you can just see it, I know if you heard it in his voice for those you can only hear, but to see it, you're just He's just like.
Speaker 1: Man, what a handle cowle?
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: I wonder how long it's gonna take that, because you know, part of the punishment is you're going to pay every dime.
Speaker 1: I'll get fined back. That's gonna be hard. That'll be you know, when I'm twenty one. If I knew that, I now had a dead of one hundred thousand dollars to get started with.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I don't regredit here already? Does he say, oh no, what have I done?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, apparently he put out a post on his Instagram Sunday apologizing now, and I know we read some of his apology to which might have been the same thing. I don't know where he just said he was childish and he's sure, he's sorry and all this all right?
Speaker 1: So how long do you wait? I mean, he's a kid in college. I don't know their situation about how they set up their kid. I don't know if he has a job. Maybe he does, okay, But even when kids have jobs that don't pay a whole lot, they're in college and they're learning to manage money and all that. Can you ever now call and say, hey, Mom and dad, I'm a little low on case. Yeah, could you put some money back here? You've got one hundred thousand dollars dead?
Speaker 3: Wow, you're right, Rick, Because like if you have a college kid, a lot of times you'll give them a budget.
Speaker 1: It could be.
Speaker 3: Sure they have a weekly budget or a monthly budget, and if they run out of money before that next one hits, then they're just out of money. They got a budget it, you know, And so you know, the calls come from time to time, normally a secret text to mom. Sure, hey, I'm I'm running low. You know you can't, Yeah, text that now.
Speaker 1: Okay, so people just add that to your tab. Buddy text nation. Gregg's asking you and me we're in this same situation. Dad's the coach. What would he say, Oh, good grief, been ugly, there'd be a lot of hummingbird truck load would get we'd get the stupid speeches, I promise him. Yeah, he'd run the list and he'd say something, what's that thing you always said? Oh no, he'd probably give us the neck tie deal. Yeah, we'd have a red ring runner name right, Well, great kits What he would say?
Speaker 3: I know he would Yeah you either kid probably say well, when they can walk again, they're gonna get up.
Speaker 1: And what was that thing you always said about breaking your clock? I never understood that one. O your plate? Your plate?
Speaker 7: That was it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not providing anything else for you.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, I'm breaking your plate. Well, I bet we would get that one. No doubt we'd get that one. Yeah, yeah, okay, you're right, you had the falcon's dead.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm in trouble.
Speaker 5: We didn't do this now, we had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: We're not involved in this. I felt I'm sweating.
Speaker 3: No, no, what does he major in the sun does a good job coming up?
Speaker 1: You know? Shadera was actually right. It's his legendary when it comes to pranks.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 1: He's so his statement is true.
Speaker 5: It is he's majoring in business at Barry College.
Speaker 1: Business.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's a business major.
Speaker 1: He's been busy.
Speaker 5: He should have minded his own business when we walked past that iPad.
Speaker 1: His first business is now three hundred fifty thousand dollars a day. We'll be right back. I wouldn't stand.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't mind hearing from Dickey n Admire today because the nation's eyes are on Tuscaloosa, Alabama this evening. Is our president will be arriving around six fifteen PM. That's when they're expecting him to arrive into Tuscaloosa, as he is going to give a speech at Coleman Coliseum tonight at the commencement.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think it's any coincidence that of all the places the President of the United States of America could be on the National Day of Prayer.
Speaker 6: He's chosen.
Speaker 1: God bless Tuscaloosa, a road Trump and a road tide. By the way, did the little protests yesterday did that do anything.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I do see. I did see where the almost like game day parking, they've had they've had areas where you can protest, and they've they've blocked areas off. And then the counter protest has an area.
Speaker 1: Everybody's got. Everybody's got an area.
Speaker 5: If you want to protest, you go to that line.
Speaker 1: If you're hearing the grap about something, well, you know Filo Betto was supposed to speak there and then them having a tied even you were tied in there, TI tied against Trump. It's today, No, that's the protest is today, protest against Trump rally because he speaks to I thought it was yesterday and today.
Speaker 5: No, I guess maybe it's yesterday and today. But uh, maybe they're doing the same day as Trump. I found this fly I found this flyer. Doug Jones is going to be there, Beto O'Rourke when May first, five to seven?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I guess the al dot com article I saw yesterday, it just listed five pm, but he didn't say what day. Yeah, so there it is. Oh, bet Dougie Fresh is in there, the little dynamic Dougie guys don't go to Tuscaloosa and have something called tied against Trump. You just can't do that. You know, We'll tell you it's gonna be trouble. You could there's a lot of places you could do this. I wouldn't. I wouldn't do it. This is remember what happened. Everybody got their own hoy, Remember hoy in the baby Trump balloon. I'm just reminding everybody. Tad in the road Trump.
Speaker 3: Also speaking a University of Alabama. President Bell will be speaking coach Nick Saban, which ones tonight.
Speaker 1: Wow, all stars.
Speaker 3: I love the fact that security prohibited items they finally put range finders on there.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad that, you know what I mean, guns. I wish why he was here that row Tied Willey wouldn't meet the president. Yeah, we're gonna bring Roe Tid Willey out. Yeah. As Snad Meyer just told us, today is the National Day of Prayer. So uh, people all over the country are are entering into a time of reflection.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I know that where we are. You know, we talked about this wonderful place, the American Village, and we're teaming up with them, getting ready to celebrate our two hundred and fiftieth birthday as a nation next year, and we've been doing a lot of stuff over the three year period preparing for that, and they'll have their gathering today's. As a matter of fact, Sherry, my wife, was honored to be their speaker last year, and of course they're doing that again. And this is going on all over the country. And you know a lot of times, you remember, we talked about this a lot. If you want to know original intent, the best place to find original intent. Of course I was taught this by people who've discipled me on Bible study. If you want to see, you know, the most clarity of where God is on any topic, search in scripture where the first time that He ever dealt with it, you'll you'll find the most clear indication of where He stands. I think you can say the same thing about the history of any country. So we all agree that George Washington was the very first president. Is anybody gonna argue that. So that's when we started, right. Constitution's done, even have the establishment clause there that everybody keeps called in separation of Church and State and misdefining it and all that. So if you want to know if it was meant to be defined the way the left tries to define it. Today, you're going to find a conflict with George Washington on the National Day of Prayer. Uh, this was Washington's prayer for our country. Now it's got old English in here, and it's not long. It's you. Really, there's a side of me. There's a side of me that wanted Greg to read it. But then it dawned on me. That's not a poem. This is a prayer. Okay, so yeah, but it's got a lot of dows and will.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 1: But of course you'll also discover that the founding fathers and all those people that were educated, that were educated in community schools are so much more brilliant than we are today. We have devolved so much compared to the brilliance of these people. We won't even fail people. Now, you can be horrible and you still pass. So here's what George Washington said. Now, there's gonna be a few things in here that some of you, some of you people out there, you're going to be aghast at what George Washington said. Here's his prayer. Almighty God, we make our earnest prayer that thou wilt keep the United States in thy holy protection, that thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government, and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States at large. And finally, that thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to justice, to do justice, to love, mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacific temper of my mind, which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion. Without a humble imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to be a happy nation. He's talking about Jesus right there, and you be saying, how do you know he's talking about Jesus. He saying, look at the example Jesus gave us, you know, with the way he handled himself, with his characteristics of charity, humility, to be at peace with everyone as much as he could to control his anger. He gave us an example. And Washington says, if we want to be a happy nation, we should follow his example. And you go with Rick, Hi, do you know he'd just said divine Author? And it said Almighty God earlier. Well, you're not going to like the last line. Grant our supplication. We beseech THEE through Jesus Christ.
Speaker 6: Our Lord.
Speaker 1: Amen. Sorry, he said Jesus. So that was Now think about things where we are. Now here's Washington saying, you know that we should put ourselves last, that we that we uh, you know that we should get along with one another even if we disagree. And there's all kinds of things in here that But at the end of it all, if we wanted to be a happy nation, it would do us all some good to look at the example of Christ, to Lord himself, to take on the uh, you know, the sins of the world, to have an attitude of being self less. We could be a happy nation. Wow. And of course that's all gone and Washington would not recognize the country in any way, shape or form. But anyway, So that was the president praying publicly for the country and he didn't seem to dodge things that we're being told the government must dodge. But he didn't. So we'll be back. So National Day of Prayer today, let's let's all pray for our country. We can sure use it.
Speaker 6: This is the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 1: Well, I just want to take a minute to talk about Blaze TV again with you, because I know you get to the point things are going well and you feel like, hey, we're winning, and that's a good feeling. I'm glad the conservative point of view seems to be taking taking hold. There's a lot of momentum. We're kind of debunking some of the false narratives from the left. But I don't get to the point where you start thinking, hey, this is over. Okay, hey we did it. That's that's a mistake. I mean, the fight is nowhere near over. You think that they're just going to give this ground up and not keep fighting for it. That's why you need Blaze TV to kind of cut through all the false narratives, all the muck out there. It's a home for some of the strongest, smartest voices and conser urvative medium people who tell it like it is, ask the tough questions that you're not going to see the mainstream media touch, and they're not afraid to challenge the narrative and on either side of the political fence. So if you'd like to find out more about subscribing to Blaze TV, it's more than content. It's a movement people who think for themselves, speak boldly, refuse to be silenced by big tech. So go to BlazeTV dot com, slash Rick, Blaze TV dot com, slash Rick, and go ahead and save yourself twenty bucks off the annual plan. Don't lose ground. Now it's the time to do it. BlazeTV dot com, slash Rick. Add this to your arsenal Blaze TV, Unfiltered, Unafraid on demand. Okay, so a couple of stories, and again these are not picked me ups. I apologize for that, but they're big stories today. Horrible, horrible story with John Elway. Yeah, apparently he and his longtime agent Jeff Spurbeck, had gone to some sort of music festival the stagecoach. Oh yeah, that's a big event. Is that your big one? Hugh and the wives too, They were all good events. Yeah and uh. And they were working their way back into a gated neighborhood after this on a golf cart and unfortunately the agent Jeff Spurbeck, was riding in the back whether you face out in these golf carts for some reason, fell off and hit his head on concrete inside the neighborhood and died. Yeah. Wow, it was not good. Wow.
Speaker 3: Lay called nine to one one and uh paramedics came to the scene and got him to the hospital. But first reports where this is not good at all, and it wasn't because he was unconscious but breathing when they got there. Trans ported to the regional hospital and they said that there was just no saving him.
Speaker 1: So unfortunately he passed away.
Speaker 3: The city say they did everything they could, but the yep, the condition was was was not good and they said that l Way is TMZ's reporting that what we can find out is l Way really didn't do anything wrong. I don't know how the guy how he fell off. I have no idea, but it's sad news. They owned seven Sellers winery together since twenty thirteen. They've been in business together. So you're with your wives and you're on the golf cart. Next thing you know, you're falling off and hitting your head. Yeah, yeah, well it's not uncommon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And we've seen these golf carts and people ride on them and you see the people in the back facing the other way. I've seen it a thousand times and somehow, for some reason he fell. But you know, if you just fall, that's okay. But he fell and hit his head on pavement, and you know, when that happens, it can be very serious, as we now know so unfortunately, So they're dealing with that today. You're going to see that. And then we got a fan in the hospital. He fell from the stands. The Pirates are playing the Cubs and at P and C Park there in Pittsburgh, and the fan was on the front row of a deck and falls. They said whether they said the wall is twenty one feet high. So the deck is I don't know how far you would say above this more than I mean, there's twenty feet right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're saying that he fell twenty feet, which is a little confusing because then they said he was seen on the upper deck in a post. But the wall is twenty one feet.
Speaker 5: You're gonna see him. There's a hit and then he gets all excited and then just wow, right.
Speaker 3: Over he obviously falls from oh hitches, Oh my goodness. Yeah, it's not from that wall. The story is terribly written, yeah, because he obviously falls from up top there he jumps, oh my goodness.
Speaker 5: Evidently he was drunk and shirtless and there was a hit and he just rocketed himself up in his seat and then immediately just fell over.
Speaker 3: I come on, that's more than twenty feet, it is it just it seems that way.
Speaker 1: It sure is twenty one? Yeah, I agree, I agree. I mean, he's that's got to be at least another ten fifteen. Yeah. I wouldn't even go as far as say, fell forty feet. Yeah, I think that's probably more accurate. Ify gonna measure them rails and then we're gonna see if it's a speck or not. Well, you can bet that that's the first thing they're going to do.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: They stopped the game. They did because every all the players and everybody who saw him fall. I mean, am I am I seeing this roong he fall on his head? Is he coming down like that?
Speaker 3: It does look like he's he's he's.
Speaker 1: In over end.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 3: Could have you ever seen like a monk or something be tranquilized from up in a tree and it falls and it falls and it's hitting everything on the way down.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's what that looks like.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they ended the game obviously, because nobody wanted to play after that. They did. They did stop the game. Completely. They didn't pick it back up. Let's see, let's see if they did. Well, he's a he's a bloody mess too man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shirtless, Yeah, he took his shirt off. He's super drunk. Because what the people around him are saying.
Speaker 1: He just got top heavy. It looks like, yeah, if you're super drunk. Uh, you know, but it's a bad things can happen you're you know, hot, being up high and having a little bit in front of you and leaning over not not the way to go. So uh so they did. I'm trying to It never really tells us if if they were you know, started the game back up. It doesn't really tell us.
Speaker 5: That video was slow mo. Here it is real time one.
Speaker 1: Up and down the oh no, oh no he he landed on. Oh no, that's terrible. Yeah, good night, okay, Rick.
Speaker 3: It was the Pirates and the Cubs. It was it was it like last night, right. It says the Pirates won four three.
Speaker 1: So they went back. I guess after it not going to cancel the game. You know the box score they did play it. We got we got four more innings. Is this one of those things. I don't mean to be insensitive because you know, that's not what do you think. Somebody said, well, he's in the hospital. Okay, so he's not dead now not well not yet?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Well then display Yeah, all right. So that was in the seventh inning and they did play a complete game? Was it the seventh stretch?
Speaker 6: Back?
Speaker 1: Hello, this is the Rick Burgess Show. You're on unscreened phone calls?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Hello, I'm Big McNeil speedy. You look like your head has lost to shine. Come on down to mister Ben's auto spall and we'll shine that head right up for you. Look like you've been to mister Benn's.
Speaker 1: You gotta love this committment.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I love it obviously practice yeah, and thought and thought to himself, I'm going to own the show today. Yeah, that was pretty good. There had a good phone. Good phone, I get a lot of ball Joe, Yeah you do. I mean like my boy's day. I have a little group.
Speaker 3: Text with with just my sons and stuff. And one of them I was actually talking to and and they texted back to I'm talking to Baldy.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: That's how they referred to my ball spot on my head. They will not leave me alone about it. That told me I need to put some hair on it. I would be more handsome. Didn't hell us say that to you? He said you'd be handsome? I think is the word. Uh. Lines are.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, grand thanks for to making Papa's day. Although take like shakers from the game, put them on my head like hair. They do not, they do not. They unscreened phone calls. Hello, you're on the rick Bird you show go aheadlines are opening if you want to try it eight eight eight six big box go.
Speaker 2: Hey you morning, good morning? Did uh I missed a missed a couple of days this week? Because has anybody called in and commented on the national anthem from a from an apend Huntsville last weekend?
Speaker 1: No, no, we haven't got the Toyota field for the pandas.
Speaker 2: No, no, it was for the Monster Trucks Master Truck Show last weekend.
Speaker 1: You get something about rick Wood Field? Yes, yes, I would.
Speaker 2: Right, Uh I had my son. I wish I could have. Wish I could have recorded it and said it was a man. It was one?
Speaker 1: It was one? Was it one for the ages? All right? So let me.
Speaker 5: Ask you this.
Speaker 2: I'll give it. I'll give it top ten top.
Speaker 1: It was local, it was was it locally? It was we pulled someone someone in local or was it something beyond.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid say?
Speaker 1: Okay, let me. Did they think they owned it? Was it one of those where they they they.
Speaker 2: They thought they were in the finals of American IL? And uh, have you heard?
Speaker 1: Have you heard? Have you heard Adler's from the.
Speaker 2: I'd give Adler Adler if Adler was a seven, this was about a three.
Speaker 1: Oh down, Okay, you got a seven, ad Now you've got our hope. We don't know how to get a copy of it.
Speaker 2: About halfway through, I thought, man, I should have I should have got this over show.
Speaker 1: You gotta find run it. Everybody's got I was.
Speaker 2: I was wrangling kids. We had ice cream, we had.
Speaker 1: I've been there.
Speaker 2: And then I realized I realized I missed an opportunity. But uh, you know, Oh well, I hope you'll hope you'll have a great week.
Speaker 1: Thank you, buddy. Well, I'm gonna step out here. I didn't realize we sang the national anthem at truck Monster patriotic than well, I mean, that's fine. I just didn't realize we did.
Speaker 3: Then the one at the Panda's game was really good. We got email on that and even year old that just owned.
Speaker 1: It kid like that. I think this guy was going to Greg just maybe you don't have about the prodeg you kids. I know exactly how you are about it. They usually don't dress them right. They look like they got a little top hat on. Greg, don't do that. What about when they do show teams? That's your fraid? Oh, I love a little child doing a show team. Whin't nothing more irritating than that? We can changing hard. Hey, Rick Bird, you show unscreen phone calls you're on. Go ahead.
Speaker 9: I'm so sorry you're on speaker phone. I'm getting ready for work, but I'm calling to talk about nipples in a good way.
Speaker 1: Okay, now talk about.
Speaker 8: I'll talked about twenty nipples a couple of weeks ago when my husband is a former football coach and there are quite.
Speaker 1: Twenty and I told him to the band aids on.
Speaker 5: Him so they wouldn't show through his shirt because he's a biggin yeah, and he forgot he had band aids on him and took his shirt off from.
Speaker 2: The locker room after a.
Speaker 1: Football game, and new say, the coaches had a hell what I know? It made it better in that coaching atmosphere or something like that happening. Oh, Rick, what you got cause I like how she announced I'm on speaker and if y'all don't like it, get over it. Trying to get ready. Well, you know why she's coaching wife, she is as she's been out there in the middle of the elements. That's a hard working woman right there looking at you. By any pills, this shir and off. That's why I won't do it here. It's been suggested. Hey, Rick Burgess show unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's Tom and Pels City Tellers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Then, while I've been waiting on the on the subject topic talking about those golf cards. Oh yeah, I see idiot kids all them in my neighborhood. I'm like, y'all, this is a car. This is basically a car. You did not need to let your kids drive these things late to the game on that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm just picturing cars. Every one of them have cards. Now, I know that's a lot of vehicle. To Tom's point, for when kids are dropping, they'll be down the beach with traffic up and down the road, and the little kid'll be behind the wheel and I'm like, they'll leave the neighborhood and get out there where the cars are.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we can change some bad uh, some bad accidents on golf courses too.
Speaker 1: I bet burgers show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, If you had one thing for a year, would you die even heard the orange or blues or noose range?
Speaker 1: Try that? I love you blue? It was blues. Yeah, try try that one more time. If I we lost him.
Speaker 3: He said, would you rather dye your hair for a year orange or blues?
Speaker 1: Or get a I get a nose nose ring? Is that what you said? He only gave me two colors on dying my hair. It's either orange or blue. Let me give his nose ring. People something if you're just going to the one side, that's not ass but them they're hooking the nose like a toro, you know, the big hoop, and it's becoming really everywhere else that's that's a whist. You really just like, yes, something hanging on, you know.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna go that because I mean, but orange, because orange hair, I mean I would have to have hair but.
Speaker 5: A step up for you.
Speaker 1: Really, there's no way I'm going nose ring. I'm going blue. Hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you walk around with blue hair, those ring people might not really notice it.
Speaker 1: I'm good with blue hair.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't want to be touching my nose and have a ring in it.
Speaker 1: You're good with blue hair. I'm fine. You're going to stand up at a man's conference with blue hair. Yeah. People may say, man, that's trendy. Yeah, that look hair. I don't get I don't know why any It looks so uncomfortable. If you ever tried to talk to somebody with one of those el toros through their through their nose and you can't help It's like they're talking. And that's all I'm saying is gosh, look at that? Is that comfortable? Is that? And then I fight the urge to grab it and kind of pull them forward. They must not have allergies.
Speaker 5: Yes, it looks like they got a googer in their nose. Get that booger out of there. What that's right? What a booger? A goober? It's the same thing. It's also a candy.
Speaker 1: I can tell you that. It's also it was a time of candy in Mississippi. They're different and peanuts. You might call them a goober. You go around saying you've got a goober there, you got problems. Yeah, if you just bring a subject up and it's something about goober and you don't know what you're talking. Now you've said it twice.
Speaker 5: Evidently restaurants have some kind of quota in which fifty percent of the waitresses have to have this. Yes, that isn't What is the deal? What you gotta have it? If you're going to be a waitress, my goodness, if you.
Speaker 1: Must pierce your nose, if you're going to be away. Yes, if you ever heard some some of these that wait on tables, now, they look so goth and so scary. I'm afraid to complain and ask for tea bothering. I thought to myself, this person may kill me asleep, I don't bother Yeah, we continue. I believe you said that. Hello, Welcome to the Rick Brothers Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 2: You're on, Hey, Dylan Milvaney, Greg is way hotter than Fat Taylor Swift?
Speaker 1: No, why he throw me in there? What did I do?
Speaker 5: What do youse?
Speaker 1: Fat tailor Swift? What are they talking about?
Speaker 9: Vane?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's no.
Speaker 5: Bud Like, that's the bud like guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Whatever, But where do we get the fat on me about.
Speaker 5: I think that people people are using AI to creative fat.
Speaker 1: Oh that one man I met Aaron's man.
Speaker 5: Yeah she is.
Speaker 1: If she exists. Oh that's funny. Oh wow, But I still thought I would pick that over. I would pick that over Dylan over at fifty five. Say it hey, Rick Burgers show every all day long, Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 8: Go good morning, Rick. I was just wondering. The other day y'all were talking about devil bags in the different ways of fixing devil dag. I was just wondering, have you ever tried deep fried deviled eggs?
Speaker 1: That can't be possible? Oh? That no? Did they serve those in heaven?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 8: I think they're going to serve them in heaven. They are absolutely delicious.
Speaker 1: I've never in that.
Speaker 5: Starving.
Speaker 1: How do you fry an egg?
Speaker 5: How do you fry the egg white? And then you put some I guess the filler on.
Speaker 1: Some of the devil Oh, you just roll it. You just roll it in it, throw it in there and drop it in, drop it in the vat, let it let it go float to the top of each one. Yes, it'll be right, basture. So we have an update today. Remember when the guy said that a silver backed, full grown adult gorilla, that one hundred men could not defeat the gorilla without a weapon. Without a weapon, I agree. A wildlife biologist has come in saying I said I could not so fast. Now the first these hundred men trained killers? Are they just one hundred men?
Speaker 5: Well okay, well there's a lot to consider here, all the facts that the guy was given when we When I agreed, I was like, you know, the thick skin, the thick bones. You weigh four hundred pounds, over six feet tall, you could rip limbs off, you can lift two thousand pounds, and you can bite thirteen thousand pounds.
Speaker 1: Well you can bite thirty of them kill them? Yes, right then, but you know we all laying on you.
Speaker 5: Now, this guy, this guy brings up a great.
Speaker 1: Hitler, What are you doing? How do you know?
Speaker 5: This guy's name is Forrest Galante.
Speaker 1: He's lost me.
Speaker 5: Now, he's a wildlife biologist, he's got shows on Animal Planet, he's got all kinds of things, so he is an expert.
Speaker 1: Can I say this, tho Adler? Do you agree with me on this? I know you do. Greg, that's not even up for debate, you likely do speedy. If you're going to be the guy that's now supposed to know the most about animals, that's just not the outfit you shall have on.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, you should be dressing some sort of safari khaki look, yeah, get the khaki button down on. Yes, exactly, yes, crocodile hunter. All right, so here we go.
Speaker 5: I'm Brian, I'm Brianfellows. That bird is crazy. Here's for the guy or one hundred men.
Speaker 11: All right, let's break this down once and for all. Well, a full grown male gorilla is an absolutely monster. Can lift two thousand pounds, has a bite force of thirteen hundred psi, and is up to nine times stronger than the average guy. But here's the thing. Gorillas aren't built for long fights. They're like sprinters. They explode for about a minute and then they gas out hard. So yeah, the first thirty maybe forty guys dead instantly. But after a minute, once enough guys dogpile onto it, wait wins, endurance wins. The one hundred men would eventually overwhelm the gorilla, barely, probably losing about half in the process. Humans are weak individual but when we work together even Nature's tanks like gorillas don't stand the chats.
Speaker 1: So I will give him credit. The fatigue we didn't consider.
Speaker 5: That, I did not consider.
Speaker 1: I still think he's gonna pull it off. It's a big butt. I think if he can lay there long enough to get his power back.
Speaker 5: We're gonna lose thirty men instantly, right. We gotta be able to do that. If you willing fully do.
Speaker 3: That, you're gonna go in first, and then we're gonna come in and lay on.
Speaker 5: Him and if we can.
Speaker 1: Just because they lay on the gorilla, they don't mean they can kill him. Oh yeah, you know what I'm saying. Because he's got that thick skull and on thick bones and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: Have to make sure he's real tired.
Speaker 1: I'll still go with the with the gorilla, I do. We don't have a weapon, So even if we get him down, we're gonna choke him.
Speaker 5: Cover his mouth, We're gonna choke.
Speaker 1: Him out him. What are we doing? He'ld get in survival mode and take him there until he gets strong, check him out and he can't tap either. I disagree with the wildlife biologists. I don't think it's a good point, but I still think in the end, Now it comes out of the gate and it looks like a blowout, the grill is gonna just dominate. And now they're gonna get a time where he runs out of gas, but he will recharge. That's the problem. If we don't have a west, what are you gonna do with him? We can't kill him once he gets tired. Your punches. Your punches aren't gonna hurt him, doesn't he Just like you said, great, just wrist and then go after us again if we have And I don't want to be one of the first thirty to get killed. Yeah, ask that too. You remember the famous Clint Eastwood line, I don't remember it exactly when people were saying there's too many of us, He said, well, I'm gonna get some of you. Yeah, and you got to decide which one are you willing be the ones I get? And here's what's here's the problem.
Speaker 3: When we all go in, what he does to Adler is gonna look horrifying. Oh yeah, but we can't because we give me Well, because you mean.
Speaker 1: He's gonna throw you like a stuff down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you like a stuffed animal too. I'm not alone in this.
Speaker 1: And we can't he look at me.
Speaker 3: We can't stop and get scared because of what he does to Adler, because it's gonna look horrifying.
Speaker 1: Okay, we just got it. We gotta keep going in In my mind, Addler's.
Speaker 5: Wearing his g Yeah, I would definitely be ready.
Speaker 1: Can tell you what he's going to be in a different piece. I would like to propose in the one hundred men that we're allowed to put in Chuck Norris. Yes, okay, I know he's older, but he's still Chuck Norris.
Speaker 5: Somebody mentioned that when my arm gets ripped off, you can use my arm to choke the gorilla.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad idea.
Speaker 5: I give you permission.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad idea. That's good. But thatd Or maybe you can, you know, kind of with his fatigue. Maybe you can stay away from him. Maybe you can be part of tiring him out. He chases or something. They're pretty fast though.
Speaker 3: When he has his win, I like to request John Cena too, if we could, we could have him.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but now that was scripted. Oh his championship. Okay, that's different. Oh, Lace Norris has actually followed at a certain level. Yeah, we can't get Bruce Lee because he's going on him. Yeah, so we get the rock. We have him there if we pick the right one hundred men. Maybe, but I'm still confused and grat to Greg's point, if we can't have nothing to kill him with, even if he's tired and we've dog piled him with with the you know, seventy of us, it's left punching him and gonna hurt him. Doesn't he just regain his strength and kill another thirty? Yeah I don't know. But see we don't charge him with at different angles.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, fake them out, fake them out so that he gets tired, because.
Speaker 1: He'll just sit. There's nothing we are holding.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 1: You think once he's on the ground tired, you'll put him in some of that Brazilian jiu jitsu, Yes, bluebel But that's.
Speaker 5: Somebody put into a computer. Ten thousand gorillas verse one million men, which is that's you know, that's let's just blow this whole thing up. Let's do have a battle. Look that sounds good to me.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, wow, that look what happened.
Speaker 5: The gorillas win?
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the men try to surround him, but the gorillas win. But guys. This these computer models aren't considering endurance. They're not and stamina at heart and heart and mind and soul.
Speaker 1: What if we're protecting our families? Yes, who would tire out first? If we had Butterbean? The girl?
Speaker 5: Oh Letterbean, Just a little bit longer of the hour.
Speaker 6: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: So Press Secretary Caroline Levitt just is going to talk about and the claim that she is going to make, and I guess you could research it and see if it's true, is that in the first one hundred days of the Trump administration, Trump's administration has secured more investment in one hundred days than Biden did in four years. So here here is Caroline Levitt, Press Secretary for the Trump administration.
Speaker 13: President Trump has secured more investments in the United States of America in one hundred days than Joe.
Speaker 5: Biden did in four years.
Speaker 13: President Trump is America's businessman in chief, and that's why these trillions of dollars in investments are flooding to our country. The business community is bullish on America because President Trump is back in charge. Tomorrow, the President will host CEOs and leaders from several companies that have made these investments to tout their historic commitments to our country and encourage others to follow suit. Under President Trump, there has never been a better time to invest in America. And the President finally said enough is enough and refuse to allow America and our workers to be ripped off any longer. On trade, President Trump implemented powerful tariffs to end the era of economic surrender and to rebalance America's trading agreements. More than one hundred countries have already come to the table looking to offer more favorable terms for America and our people. There has never been a president who has created his own leverage like this president, and we are just getting started. Republicans in Congress are getting very close to passing President Trump's One Big Beautiful Bill, which will include the largest tax cuts in American history, strong border security measures, major military advancements, dramatic deregulation, and common spending reforms. As President Trump has said before, the best is yet to come.
Speaker 1: Well there you go. Of course, I love the fact that Trump's Press secretary refers to the bill as the big Beautiful Bill. It's beautiful. So the next thing we'll see Fox News is talking. I know there's been a lot of conversation, good, bad, ugly involving tariffs. Do they work? Will they work? Are they working? Will they eventually work? Do you have to kind of ride out the storm? All that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Fox News has an update. This tariff thing is beginning to take a turn for the positive, and Fox News says the doubters are starting to look bad. So here they are.
Speaker 14: It looks like the tariffs don't work?
Speaker 5: Crowd, Oh is President.
Speaker 14: Trump a big apology? Tariff revenue just smashed records fifteen point nine billion dollars collected so far this month alone. The White House says it's close to a trade deal. But in the meantime, the money is starting to roll in.
Speaker 1: So there you go. So fifty nine billion tariffs brought in in a month, is that correct?
Speaker 5: Fifteen point nine billion?
Speaker 1: Fifteen okay, a zero point nine billion, So uh so that's you know, if you were looking at revenue, that's not bad revenue. And you see him being willing to make some adjustments if he if he sees something that that maybe is a little maybe a little aggressive, he's willing to back off a little bit, move things around. But the bottom line is back to what the press Secretary is saying, no matter how you feel about one party versus the other, this administration seems to be aggressively trying to get Americans better deals than we've ever had. At least they're getting after it. And you're gonna you're gonna have some things that you you know, you're gonna break a few things here and there, you're gonna have to come back and adjust, and they seem to be willing to do that, but aggressively trying to put America in with a little in places of leverage at least even the playing field with US and the rest of the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, these tariffs are reciprocal tariffs, meaning we're just tariffing people back because we had these setups since World War Two to help countries get back up on their feet. I think that was a while ago. Yeah, And you have to be careful of some of these stats that these left mainstream media outlets are putting out there, like they were citing how tourism to the United States is way way down. It's horrifically down. Look at these stats, look at these numbers, but it's they purposely put those stats out during this time because Easter fell on like a weird week this or this year. You know, Easter was at a weird time, so if they compared other weekends, oh, look at last year compared to this year. That's because Easter landed on this year. So those numbers are being manipulated a lot, and you're gonna hear a lot of bad news because I think there are people on the left that want America to fail because they want Trump to fail so bad, and that is just that's an evil stance to take.
Speaker 1: Well. I know one time Limball had to explain that when he was still living because he had said that he hoped that the current minis that was empower would not be successful. And then he was said, do you not want America to do well? He said, no, no, I don't want the things that this party is implementing to become our country because I know in the long haul that that will be detrimental to the country. What I meant by that is I hope that, say, someone who leans more on a socialist point of view, larger government, higher taxes, He said, I hope they're not successful in implementing the things that they stand for. So I guess you could counter that and come back and say, well, I'm so anti Trump and so anti what y'all believe. I disagree with y'all, so I think the country would be better off if what y'all are trying to do was not successful. So that's how they would explain it. And I'm not saying that's accurate, because if it's working and we're better off, I don't know that any of us can say that. I don't see anybody on the left or the right that can ever acknowledge that the other party did something correctly. But that's really what this is about. We're to the point now. If we didn't do it, then we can't before it. But I think that there's a little bit that on both sides, if you're being honest. But so I can understand where people can say, I think all this is wrong. Some people love an open border some people some people love bad trade deals. Some people love high taxes until they have to pay them and then they get around them. But so, you know, sometimes it's just different political world views. Now, I know, we get down to say, well, something either works or it doesn't, something's either better or it's not. Yeah, that's in the that's in the real world, and in a world of common sense. But when it gets into to people's biniacal views on their their ideology, it doesn't work that way.
Speaker 3: Now now we've talked about this, what ten to ten to fifteen years ago, we lost the ability to maybe debate and disagree, but yet still be for the same goal. Now now it's if I if I disagree with you or I debate you, now I have to hate you, write you off, call you a racist, nazi, you know whatever, and disown you, uh you. We can't just disagree but yet still be for the same thing, and that is make America great and be for you know.
Speaker 5: The truth.
Speaker 1: The truth.
Speaker 3: Yes, it just is now now it's I mean, and that's not just in politics. It's always been that way in politics. I'm just talking about in regular life one friends or coworkers or family members. Now we just can't sit there and debate and disagree.
Speaker 5: Right and speaking of the truth, hiding the truth, fudging numbers. I really want to report the truth. I want to talk about what is actually going on. I am not trying to be a shill for anybody. I want to actually talk about what's going on. Like when Biden's administration, that the big major cities in the in the country stopped reporting murders and violent crimes so that Biden could then say nationwide crime is down, murders are down. How is that okay? That is evil? You are sweeping murders and horrible violent crimes under the rug. That is That's about as evil as you can get. Another thing that another staff that the Left is throwing out like crazy right now is a recent report talking about how our GDP are projected deep GDP for quarter one and this year is down, and it is. But the thing is they don't talk about is that GDP does not GDP is influenced by imports. So GDP is imports are subtracted from your GDP. And if you look at what happened with the tariffs, everybody was trying to get ahead of these tariffs to get their products into the United States, so imports went crazy. Thus our GDP went down because of how it is calculated. So GDP doesn't necessarily equal people's bank accounts, working class people's month to month bills, So you have to be very careful about reporting on numbers. And like I said, we're just trying to search for the truth and report the truth, and that's not being truthful when you point to certain things only on certain days and certain occasions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you're right, and that's great. Was talking about that yesterday. He said, here's what we're going to have on the first one hundred days. The Trump administration is going to present numbers that say it was great, and then the left's going to come up with numbers like you're talking about Adler and not tell the whole story. That will then come back and say no, it's not. And somewhere in there, you have to do more homework, and we as American people, I'm as guilty of it as anybody. Sometimes you just don't want to make the effort to get in there and dig. You just want to be told something. So when you start talking about the world of allergies, you know, and you know, I've often talked about this a lot, when people struggle with allergies, I mean the straight up people. I mean, I get mild inconveniences of these and speed of you. And I've talked about this where I felt I never had allergies ever, never dealt with them, and then when I got older, suddenly I started getting things that felt like allergies And I'm like, what, what what is this all about? That I've never had that before my life. Yeah. So uh, but you know, people who truly struggle with allergies, and I've worked with them, have been around them there, they'll never just say they're sick. They it's always their always So what's going with you don't sound good to justice? My allergies? Uh? You know, And and it appears that no matter what time of year it is, there's always something that is bothering their allergies. So so, anyway, one of the things you you've heard about is honey, honey, natural honeyney uh an allergy relief. Do these two really go together? Well, apparently there's been some some research that has done on this, and the scientific studies are coming in that indicate that honey may indeed help relieved some of the pesky discomforts of seasonal allergies. But this research, they say, is far from definitive. Honey does have health benefits because of you know, it's unique chemical chemicals and everything that's in it, and then all about the botanical fingerprint. That's why they do local honey. You know, you should use what you have and and now they do say in this study, this is going to make some of you local honey people really feel good that if you just go to the store and just buy commercial honey, it lacks the pollens and the enzymes that other beneficial compounds might have that are helpful, meaning they're often pasteurized and ultra filtered, so that may not be as beneficial, might taste good, but as far as what they're doing for your health, not a lot. And so the local honey thing, they say in the studies, there is something to that because of the botanical plants fingerprint. This honey was made around the things that that are in your environment.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't honey, rick, I don't dislike honey. Sometimes I just forget to use honey.
Speaker 1: You know that's a good point. I'm the same way. If you say, great, do you like honey? I go, yeah, But I've never I don't know if I've ever had a bottle of honey in my house. What. Yeah, I use honey almost every day. I can tell you I like it.
Speaker 5: Raw guys, raw milk, raw honey. Let's do it. Let's bring it.
Speaker 1: You don't drink raw milk, do it? You don't drink raw milk.
Speaker 5: I want to get your cat. You won't want it right off the cow.
Speaker 1: Get your car off the little warm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's a female cow, so it's not weird.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Well yeah, if you're if you're trying to get milk from a male, that's yeah, you got you got it. I mean he may follow you around, but you you don't. You've not accomplished anything.
Speaker 5: I would like to try raw milk. Would y'all drink raw milk?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I would come on. Don't be afraid.
Speaker 1: This is going to get me a text from bones.
Speaker 5: The pasturization. It's I rid him so much good stuff, you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it also gets rid of stuff that kills you. What I don't know. So here's the bottom lay. Passed or didn't like it. Here's the bottom line. Local honey. It's preferred over commercial honey. It's rich in antioxidants and has an anti bacterial property that can help soothe sore throats and calls. However, it still cannot rid you completely of your allergies. Have some benefits on the on the on the symptoms. I need a good local honey place. Yeah, there's one. I drive by one on the way home. Now you want a good honey place? Yeah, because I think I need so.
Speaker 3: Like, uh, I was making some coffee for Andy Andrews when he's coming through and he puts honey in his coffee.
Speaker 1: We had, I said, did we? We didn't have to know? It was very uncomfortable. Didn't drink forgot, I forgot to get. We got to restock on you. He's left his cup rank.
Speaker 3: But he said, don't know. It's really good. And I have never tried it. Like people put like honey on stuff instead of syrup. It's a healthier choice, sure, And I just don't we just don't have.
Speaker 1: I love honey, avail, I love honey. I find it to be messy and a little sticky, so that bothers me a little bit.
Speaker 5: I bought the big old mason jar this right here, and then.
Speaker 1: I'll actually not on a mason jar or whatever glass jars, okay.
Speaker 5: Big old jar, and then I'll actually pour it into one of those smaller squeeze bears to make it easier to dispense.
Speaker 1: Now, how local does it have to be? Within a county or two or just a region? And I can't remember what I can't remember either. Well, they're they're saying that it does help. It doesn't eliminate allergies, but it does help, and it doesn't matter what honey you get. The study has confirmed that, which we've always heard. And I'm telling you, guys, we drive right past one because you'll go a different way if you went toward my house, you go right by one. I've seen them out there under bee suits getting it out. You need not keeping bees an the school eggs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want bees. I want chickens and maybe even goats. Y'all. There, I was just driving around forget what. Oh, we were going to those game, the celebrity charity softball game downtown. And there is a store bees, the bee's supply store.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: And by the way, y'all, remember when we were worried about the bees, worried about.
Speaker 1: The bee population, it was the end of time.
Speaker 5: Evidently, these bee hobbyists, all these local people setting up their own little bee hives, have really turned around the bee population. But I'm driving, I'm driving.
Speaker 1: To see at the little stop full way stock, it's a bee it's a bee keeping supply store.
Speaker 5: And they also sell local honey. So there's your honey spot.
Speaker 1: Thirty miles also saw they got within thirty miles march, says Helena Hardware has uh I'm local honey. Uh yes, says uh. Let's see here, Helena Hardware has homegrown honey. By the way, I actually bought a full thing of honey. Should have said because now to be sold out back during the winter. You read the cone, yes, so that we would have it, you know, for like your voice was struggling whatever, because I have you put in the hot tea and all that, and somebody ate all of it. It's all one way and I only used like a very small part of it and it vanished. Okay, we will still your honey. Run here. I'm going to be some honey. I see another place that I passed. Are you getting your local honey? I am?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Should I say the name of the place? Should I say the name of the local honey place?
Speaker 1: You're all fire? Your place that we saw, the place that we got places closer than that, Adler, what are you a beekeeper? Now? You need supplies?
Speaker 5: I'm thinking about would.
Speaker 1: You be interested to know? Would you be interested to know that my wife has actually gone and taken classes and uh is certified to be a beekeeper the time out, and you've not told us being a beacon one time. There's there was some consideration that maybe at one time she may want to do local honey, but she's always she gets on of these things. And and and then I was so glad I find somebody to talk.
Speaker 3: Every time you talk about bees, I think of Gary Colling, You claiming we got bees.
Speaker 1: And call me, call me we got bees. But I'm getting the whole backside of the house. One time. Sherry Burger just knows a lot about local honey.
Speaker 5: They save its good for you guys, but they right off the bees. I want milk right off the cow, and I want honey right off the bee.
Speaker 1: About the bees, That's not how that works. Have y'all ever gotten like, just filled up a spoonful and just lick.
Speaker 5: I'll take a pop of it anytime. Yeah, I'll put it on stuff too. I'll put it on stuff.
Speaker 1: Have y'all found those there? Any way? To ever pour it out of one of the jars and then the jar sticky?
Speaker 5: It's going to have that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll be right back, stay close, all right. So you've heard us talk about tales of this building that we are studios located in. You know the legend of Sweet two hundred, You know all that. So I was just making the journey run to the restroom. And as I'm going through, you as I go through the lobby, Now this is inside, and this is probably three quarters of the way across the lobby in your hand, headed toward the You remember, you remember, you remember that old entrance to the studios that used to be you know, it was headed right in the main the main desk, it was. It was headed right for that main desk. And it's a baby turtle. Rick, you're killing Rick.
Speaker 5: You're holding a baby turtle.
Speaker 1: You're holding the turtle. A baby turtle was going across the lobby eight years old. You know what, Well, Greg, it was in the lobby. It wasn't like out in the grounds. Done got him a turtle as big as a silver dollar. Can Rick, you're gonna start carrying a sling shot in the rabbit's foot? Can I keep him? Paul?
Speaker 5: So you caught it, went to the bathroom, and you caught a turtle.
Speaker 1: On the way back. Is there a turtle in this building that I was trying to Rick, I was trying to get to that question. Do you think he's killing it? Because in his hand it's like this turtle's fine. I don't watch it home, watch the turtle. It's just it's just not a baby bird. You're fraid the mama's not gonna feed it anymore. It's already been released. It's hatched out of your tag. What kind of turtle? I think it's a little thing, little box turtle. It looks like the ones I have at the farm that are in the pump. Ready, slider, just can put it out, Adam, Why were you so freaked out when I came in with it. I'm telling you what are you telling?
Speaker 5: I am telling you what?
Speaker 1: What's wrong?
Speaker 5: You have salmonilla?
Speaker 1: You think this baby turtle is going to give me salmonilla?
Speaker 5: I hope you wash your hands.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you this, don't put your finger in your mouth. For the next two weeks, you're not allowed to watch any Robert F. Kennedy Junior videos.
Speaker 5: It's funny. You'd probably eat it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Ground, you're just holding a turtle right now.
Speaker 1: It's a baby turtle, turtle, Rick, I can't see it. Well, let him come out of his shell. Let him come out of his show and really get scared him half to death. I'm not scared. He put him out here and he can go. He may go off the end.
Speaker 3: We'll watch it's gonna die then, Yeah, let him go.
Speaker 1: He going are scared today? At guys? Why was the baby turtle in the lobby of this and not near the door like the middle of the floor. Get it comes that head. Yeah, he's coming out here. He comes here, he goes. Listen, let's make him like our mascot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what.
Speaker 1: Did you kill him? He's not moved. I didn't kill the turtles a little too hard. Well, you know, he didn't like somebody screaming that, he told Samonella.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I heard his feelings.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyway, that is the tiniest little thing, you know. You know it looks like those little turtles you would get at the pet store and it would have like the tree and the fake island in the middle. Yes, and they would live, you know, a few weeks. Yeah, Greg White, you mad about it? You know, I just put it outside. Well we will here in a minute, Greg, but me, you don't think now get run over in the parking lot. O. God, guys, I say he's gonna get run over in the parking lot. Also, y'all seen this buckeye carry in my pocket and guy just picked I didn't go out in the woods and come back with it.
Speaker 3: Since you put he's frozen, I think I think you loved him to death.
Speaker 1: I don't think he likes hey boom, do you love it to death? Here we go, we're gonna scoot him along. He doesn't like that surface that bet it is kind of free. He was running all over my part of the board over here. No, that's making him go speedy. Moving a turtle makes even more nervous. Not moving him. What it's It's like he's frozen. What are you done?
Speaker 2: Rick?
Speaker 1: He hates claiming ownership. By the way, it's my turtle. I hope he runs right off the edge. Well here, if you'll get over and keep him from doing that, that would be help. Oh no, if he heads that way, I'm watching Greg. He was frying, by the way. He didn't like when I gave him over to y'all. When he was just with me, he was running off over the place over here. You remember when his kids, Rick, and we catch him o box turtles? Oh yeah, and we out like we're going to keep him. You didn't know what to feed him right or nothing, and they did up either escaping or dry up and be dead. I like a turtle. He's like, I don't mind him. It's like he's a faint and goat right now, he's not moving. Well, we hadn't come at him with too much or you know what I just thought about. Do you think he was going to the elevator and trying to press Sweet two hundred. I think he was looking for Sweet two hundreds, or somebody may have brought him was on their way to Sweet two hundred. I think the lobby was gonna get him on the way out, rick st. He just got fired and he was leaving. He could be that that's the fact, and could be that he's looking for his new office because there's a few opening guys. You think I should bring it back over here, because he was fine with me.
Speaker 5: Put him on paper towel. See that he liked that.
Speaker 1: I want you he liked the paper. Put him under a tree and let him Let him be. His mother's out there looking for him somewhere. His mother's already abandoned him long ago. A minute ago, I was doing this, and he was climbing up my hand. What so y'all messed him?
Speaker 5: You got salmonilla big time.
Speaker 1: I don't salmon milla things.
Speaker 5: We're reading it right now.
Speaker 1: You're telling me thinking about you think I'm gonna this turtle.
Speaker 5: Turtles, especially those under four inches long, can carry Salmonella bacteria.
Speaker 1: That's not true, even those that appear healthy at least it's not leprosy like the armadilla. That's right. I didn't bring a baby armadilla in here. Well, y'all meshed him up. He was really going now, y'all upset him.
Speaker 5: Give him some water or some yup or something.
Speaker 1: By the way, you're right, I must name him Franklin. Let's put him.
Speaker 5: Don't disrespect that turtle so much.
Speaker 1: Stupid What there was there was a turtle character named Franklin. Oh hey, it's Franklin. You're you and your wife don't have the corner on the name Franklin.
Speaker 5: Symptoms of salmonilla include diarrhea. Ooh, violent diarrhea.
Speaker 1: You don't even know if he's a water turtle. It's just a water It's just a little bit of water. Why did you do it? Let's see what he does? Oh, look at that little. I don't say it's located by a big Well, now this bowl after.
Speaker 9: He comes out that bowl really seriously.
Speaker 1: You know, we got them big them little lakes over here. I bet that's working.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, he's coming from where the geys hanging.
Speaker 1: That's a long way. Well, he's traveled forever. He's a freak. That night, he's not gonna do anything. He was really getting after it the minute.
Speaker 5: Agoin Are you squeezing too hard?
Speaker 1: You'll say I'm far wing? Throw him, Greg bird, just don't you that.
Speaker 5: I bet you could skip him like a row.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Franklin, all right, all right, I got we got. He picked hi back out. He won't let him alone. Here we go, Here we go. I told you how he loves me. He loves me. Pin that's the water you put him in thinking he's a water turtle. Oh ricky good, it goes his head. He's back in the shell. Okay, I think you're ready. He's like daddy, watch you drive. That's right, that's so yeah. Well, y'all worry about other things. Franklin and I are fine over here.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I have a little something for you. I'd like to play. All right, what do y'all think is going on right here?
Speaker 1: All right, let me let me part your all. Yeah, that's gonna scare Franklin.
Speaker 5: I think that's the person with salmonilla poisoning on the tour.
Speaker 1: That's ten year old Cooper Wallace. He won gold in the UH.
Speaker 3: And what they call the European Goal Screeching Championship. And that he's dressed like a sea what Franklin's.
Speaker 1: Off and running? Oh my gosh, you fellow, did he just committed turtle suicide? Yes he did. He ran off the side that goes Franklin. He's off now, so you you played that whatever that kid here, let me go back, hold on, let me go back. Listen, frank that woke him up when you start playing it, so he thinks something about to eating. Now look at him. Look he's Look how he's responding.
Speaker 5: He's not doing anything.
Speaker 1: He's terrified. That's why Addler, oh so rarely. This kid is a phenom. Uh he wont he won for his second year in a row. What creature? What's the creature? It's the it's the European Goal Championship. And then he's a kid making that noise. I got him. Every dog is looking at the at the radio. It's even what are you doing? I had the pointer and I was touching, and they're like, don't touch him. Well, look at it doesn't go well, he doesn't want to be touched, Adler, don't forget. Put him in the spoon. Put him in the spoon.
Speaker 9: Spoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I touch him.
Speaker 9: Because I don't want to get salmonell. Affoords me.
Speaker 5: Ah, he's walking, he's under.
Speaker 9: You gotta get bat. I'm not kidding. He's right in the crack. Oh, he's upside down in the crack.
Speaker 1: All right, you got frank and I'm coming, Frank Franklin, I'm.
Speaker 9: Coming upside the crack.
Speaker 5: You're not kidding.
Speaker 1: You about to come to the bottom and get him.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, he's in the crack, down in the crack.
Speaker 2: We're good.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, Franklin, hold on this. Oh my goodness, you're gonna mess Rick.
Speaker 1: Go from the bottom under the counter.
Speaker 5: He's in the consoles behind he's in the console.
Speaker 1: Franklin, i've lost the turtle. We've lost the turtle.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, get in there, speedy, speedy.
Speaker 1: He went right down in that curtain.
Speaker 9: He fell in the hole. We gotta have a flash I phone.
Speaker 1: Oh my, Franklin and I were doing great, were coming okay, all right, we'll come back. Ay, Tom the engineer. Engineer is not going to be pleased with this. The turtle is in the wiring. Why don't y'all leave the turtle alone? Adler's the one that pushed him. Where's he at?
Speaker 5: There's a turtle in the console.
Speaker 6: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, maximum turtle drama here at the studio, Maximum maximum turtle drama. All right, so let me before we go any further. Even though there was the cartoon Franklin the Turtle, you have a dog named Franklin that y'all have. Well, let's just if we're being nice, a volatile relationship, Yes, would you rather me change him to something like Timmy the Turtle? Oh, this Franklin bother you?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Help you all. I don't care. It doesn't bother me. It doesn't bother me.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey Franklin.
Speaker 5: Hey it's Franklin.
Speaker 1: But but I'm open to Timmy the Turtle.
Speaker 5: I like it. I like whatever you guys like. I'm good with.
Speaker 1: What about frank he's one of his kids names? You can't you can't take Greg. You can't take Greg anyway.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: You can't take it all right, let's let him know names Greg, what y'all is.
Speaker 3: So now, Franklin or Timmy is now on the rug which your.
Speaker 1: Hand, if you want to stay with Franklin.
Speaker 5: I think we already called him Franklin.
Speaker 1: Franklin the turtle.
Speaker 3: He is Franklin turtle right now is on on the rug, which is your face. It looks like you have a tick on your all, right, so let's tell him what happened. If if y'all had left, if y'all had left.
Speaker 1: Me alone with my turtle, we would be fine, know about that. But y'all all start having to mess around with Franklin. And then and then Adverse spooked him in with a spoon. Yeah, spooked him into a crack and he fell down inside the radio broadcasting console. Yeah, and Speedy, would you like to tell the audience what you observed?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: So I'm trying to figure out because when you get up under the countertop there, you don't it's you're just in a sea of cables, and so I couldn't tell. So Greg's like, hey, grant an right here on right, and right huh.
Speaker 1: And then while we need another flashlight, and Adler's screaming, don't use my phone. It'll get simonella, right, I said, buddy, I'm just I'm not picking him up with your phone. I just need a light. And uh.
Speaker 3: And and so I discovered where he was and I saw him.
Speaker 1: He was he was hanging on two court cables and he was like he was swimming on air. He was going yeah, and it's like his neck was out and he was like looking look at his neck, Greg, look at the speed. Okay, that's that's I'm like, I found him.
Speaker 3: I found him, and here comes Adler and so and then Greg's like, fright here.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest, look at all he was in there. So here we go. I'm going in. I think Franklin's moving. I'm going in. I am I'm hip deep in there. And then there he is there.
Speaker 3: He is right there where, right there, right there, oh there, And so he's hanging on for the risk. And and so now I'm going back in. And when I just moved one of the cables, it fell to the bottom.
Speaker 1: Now now he's laying down, he's upside down.
Speaker 5: He's going.
Speaker 3: Okay, and so and so I was able to kind of grab grab the side of him, and and then very delicately, here try to get him.
Speaker 1: And now I got him. So now slim out, pull him out, and.
Speaker 5: He's a hero again, you guys, And I've done it again.
Speaker 1: Ad to his list, saved one small turtle named Franklin. And of course Rick couldn't help it, had to pick him up because he loves turtles. I don't know what happened to Adler. He just lost it. He did that when of them commentators on ice skating when there's a big move, Well, let me tell you what he wanted to be held. Let me tell what he wanted to be held accounted before he had recklessly knocked Franklin inside the sea of wires.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that was my fault. It was always the closest one to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did. You pushed him in the little little.
Speaker 5: Did you not see anybody see the whole? It's one of those things. It's like when you shot the T shirt in the in the theater. Okay, in this chandl there until it was flying at it. I didn't see the hole until Franklin was disappearing. I saw his little turtle feet disappear through the crack.
Speaker 1: Anybody got anybody got a visual on Franklin right now?
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, we got him.
Speaker 3: There he goes, he's had a big day.
Speaker 1: Where do we take him? Well, another one in bushes. He came out from outside in the parking lot into the lobby inside. Well, he's gonna have to get across the parking lot to get back home. You don't know where it's home. I do back in kind of just break it to all of you. Franklin's done. I don't think he's a water you put. You put Franklin outside, and there's a look at that shot. There's a predator that is going to eat Franklin so fast. We saw that's the world. When those fish were being clean we caught that day, remember there are few of them about that size and the stomach now fish, No, we did. We were cleaning fish at the Burgess Bass Battle. And when we when we were cutting them open, some of them had Franklin's Yeah, looked just alongside.
Speaker 3: I sure did, Yeah, sure did do.
Speaker 1: And put him out. I will, I'll put him back outside so I can't keep him. Paul.
Speaker 3: Now, So about the time that we discover Franklin's in a mess. We get him out. We put him on the curtain, our carpet. We we hear this, and I went, oh, bluebells here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the bluebellt ice cream guy comes in right in the middle of anything turtlegate and he said, I don't want to step on Franklin. He was worried about that. He was worried, but brought us two new flavors. By the way, if you're looking for Bluebell ice cream. I wanted to set Franklin on top of this one, but Ader wouldn't let me because he's worried about turtles for some reason.
Speaker 5: I don't think he needs to be on ice cream.
Speaker 1: I thought it would be cute if he was sitting on top of one of these little but anyway, they've got two new flavors. Grooms Cake, which is a milk chocolate ice cream with chocolate cake inside, chocolate coated strawberry hearts, Oh yeah, swirls a little little strawberry sauce. And then the Bride's Cake. I'm in flavored ice cream with cake pieces. Oh my goodness, cream cheese. Uh man, that sounds you might go there. When are you gonna go? So bride's cake and grooms cake, Bluebellt ice cream, new flavors. Look at them wherever you get. Of course, Greg of course sings their song.
Speaker 5: It's the first day of the first grade.
Speaker 1: Good job, Greg, Good job Gregor. We found Franklin, all right, so is it time for me to set him free. If he comes back, he's mind. If he doesn't, he never was. That's right. I think Ruby and azraa pet cot home to Come on, Greg, take it to your grandkids. Now, yeah, that's it. Why are you standing up? I'm going to get some ice cream. I knew it.
Speaker 6: This is the Rick Burger's Show.
Speaker 1: All right, we're back. Thanks for being with us today. It's time to say goodbye to Franklin. Well, we've come to the decision that for the betterment of Franklin, we have to give him his best shot in the wall. And Franklin want some of his ice cream? Now, Franklin almost Franklin almost left this world moments ago. He did, guys, when the Bluebelt ice cream man came, hang it and Greg got so ready for his ice cream that I looked and he was walking all over the area. I was within eight inches of stepping on where Franklin was I completely forgot to give you forgot about Franklin so fast, and if Greg takes one more step, yeah, he crushes Franklin. He does.
Speaker 3: I it was real close, adding adding to how precious of a moment that was and how lucky Franklin was.
Speaker 1: He was holding court bringing something the whole time. I said, you're stepping all over from us. So like the guy you were like King Kong to and think Shell wouldn't have him. Guys, guys, we must turn it back over to nature. Franklin made his way inside of human building. He's got brothers and sisters. That wasn't best for him. So I'm going to return him to the outside. He has no chance, and we're gonna set give him some water. It's not everybody. Everything needs water. When people are also suggesting that Adder did not push him through the crack, I did no.
Speaker 3: Because I think let him go now he was he was, he was upside down swimming, and then when you went to go grab him.
Speaker 1: This whole spoon.
Speaker 5: I'm not the last one to touch him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you had him in there, and I'm trying to rescue him and we lost him.
Speaker 5: Here comes Rick. I'm not doing anything wrong, no problem, no problem, no problem. He's stationary.
Speaker 1: Rick comes even the thing he goes, he took off running.
Speaker 5: The turtles out on you.
Speaker 1: Listen, I didn't I didn't spook him. He felt my presence and he started to move toward me because he sees me like his dad. And so he was running from the spoon he.
Speaker 2: Was.
Speaker 1: He didn't like that spoon.
Speaker 5: He didn't want to touch him.
Speaker 1: Speedy. How was he in the wires again? He was swimming in slow motion because he didn't know where he was. He was in darkness. He was like right, and somehow speaking thinks he knows what his face looked.
Speaker 5: I have Greg almost crushing.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's Greg. For those that are watching now, look where frankly is. Greg now is holding Courts ice cream set. It looks like Rick, there's a tick on your forehead. That's where. So anyway, all Greg cares about this, I'm going to go to this graphic and then you're going to see it come back.
Speaker 5: I okay, gosh.
Speaker 1: I completely I'm so lucky such a that's realized. If I would have we had it. By the way, one of the greatest bits in Rick and Bubba history is the turtle that was launched in the balloon. We should take Franklin and put a balloon on him. That's right, So I will go. I will say this. I feel like there's a bond we have with I don't think if we just let him go part of the stadt. If no one is willing to take him home as a pet, we must send him for I think nobody little ones. I think you take him home.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't want to. I don't know if anything I want, like a fish, I've got two fish. I can add one more fish at the house. I can't add a turtle.
Speaker 1: I will say this. Someone has agreed with you on the text and said their husband brought one in and found one in the church and messed around with it and ended up getting sick.
Speaker 5: Oh the person They said they went to the hospital because of it.
Speaker 1: Not nobody that's sick over a turtle. So what he said? Okay, question, Greg, do you care more about Franklin or that ice cream that your terri is not even close.
Speaker 5: Franklin.
Speaker 1: If I were to put Franklin in that ice cream, Greg, would.
Speaker 2: He needed.
Speaker 1: He'd make him like a lollipop, he would, Okay, all right, So I appreciate you want do you want me to setting free?
Speaker 5: Now? We should probably set him free.
Speaker 1: Guys, well, I feel like I need to do, but how can you. You can't document me going out, so we don't have the ability.
Speaker 7: To do it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't unless unless you sent me a link real quick and I connected to it.
Speaker 1: That's it. Okay, that's the only way.
Speaker 5: That's a that's a lot.
Speaker 1: That is a lot.
Speaker 3: That is I'm not going I get his video and then come back in with you me do it in the break.
Speaker 1: Then I'll try to get Franklin around to the break.
Speaker 5: Try to join it.
Speaker 1: Whatever I mean.
Speaker 3: I mean, Greg couldn't care less about anything but that ice cream, So getting him to help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as a matter of fact, we've done. We've got two stories. We've done two stories this hour. If I were to put a bunch of dimes and Franklin and that ice cream, they're all gone. Yes, they got a little chocolate. It's a strawberry with chocolate around it. Okay, sweety, you.
Speaker 5: Should have it all right? If we want to try to sit Franklin right now, Oh, I got.
Speaker 1: It, We got it all right, Okay, Franklin, everybody say good bye to Franklin.
Speaker 5: Hey, rigam I potted up your video?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah video?
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, speed.
Speaker 1: Taking here it goes, man. I really almost stepped on him. That was really close.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got you, buddy, all right, Yeah we go.
Speaker 1: You're good.
Speaker 5: No, we can look at you too. That's good. That's my music still going. Sorry, buddy, all.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm gonna eat his ice cream while you're out there, all right, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you just keep it eating ice cream.
Speaker 1: All right. Here's here's Rick, and then there's there's Franklin. You guys, I don't like the way he's looking at me.
Speaker 5: And you want to say, is some sad.
Speaker 1: Look he's coming alive as we go outside.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because he's a turtle.
Speaker 1: He liked it out there. Put him in that grass over right here. Yep, there he goes. All right, So he's going to the pine straw.
Speaker 5: On the tree. Rick.
Speaker 1: They don't live on the ground. Rick, thank you for coming to.
Speaker 12: Our lives today. I hope you didn't give me simonello. And uh, we're gonna set you back into the wild. I hope you don't get eaten by something. And we wish you nothing but the best. And by the way, if you're from those little lakes up the road, you have no chance.
Speaker 1: He did. No way he came that far. No way. He's got the family out there.
Speaker 5: Frankly, we love you. Shirts in the grass beating. Can you go all the way in?
Speaker 1: Can you in? Yeah? Hold on, just saying I miss him.
Speaker 5: Already, Greg, I don't know you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he meant a lot. Yeah. Well when we go to leave, they we're gonna run over him, not realizing that. They don't know what to do. Look, Franklin, year, he can't. I don't know if he can walk in all that pine straw. Put him is so worried about this thing. Yeah go go, Yeah, so how about in those bushes? I want to want to that way? Good snake Canadian.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: Picked him up. He comes on the shell. Every time he comes out of his shell.
Speaker 5: You he loves you, clearly, he's adopted you as a father.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 5: He comes back to us. Don't look in those offices.
Speaker 1: That's yes, just put all right.
Speaker 5: That's a good spot for him.
Speaker 1: That's probably where he came from. Yeah. Well I might get on the edge of the Wi Fi. But you took off. He took he went home. That's where he lived. That's what he was waiting.
Speaker 12: He was waiting a little cover that gives him a shot against you know, various almost a pray.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead and go on back in, and I'll stay out here and document this here.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. I'm going over Speedy. There is, Oh, Franklin, Speedy's walking up. You hung up, Speedy, believe you hung up?
Speaker 5: Froze up, buddy.
Speaker 1: You know it's over.
Speaker 5: It's fine, Yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 1: He did. Look the Franklin saga has been.
Speaker 5: Solved, miss him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'all made a great pair.
Speaker 9: Yeah, washing my hands off.
Speaker 1: Good about another foot and Franklin would be bearing him out there in that should know that I washed my hands.
Speaker 5: I am pleased to know you wash your hands. Look him in the leaves. He looks so happy.
Speaker 1: Now when I put him under that bush y'all. Yeah, there go, I'll look at him. Franklin. I wish him well. You had no way he came from them lakes. That's too far, you know. I think about could he one day maybe teach people to save money on car insurance with Liberty Mutual?
Speaker 5: You know, but you never know what it's going to do.
Speaker 1: There he goes, don't you think giving him a little shot those the coverage of those bushes, that's a little better until he tries to cross the parking lot. Yeah, and then yeah, yeah, there's that kitchen on so you know there's a kitchen. I noticed that there's a kitchen right there. They've been had the blinds closed up to this point because I just noticed it. That's why speeding never goes out that way.
Speaker 5: You say that, right, Yeah, yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: All right, So Franklin has been set free. Okay, could have taken him to the farm, but maybe you missed earlier when we caught bass at the farm and we were cleaning them. Their tummies were full of little Franklins. They were, so I don't know that that would have given Franklin it's best shot.
Speaker 5: Yeah what if he just lived in that bush and we just got to say hi every time we walked past Franklin's bushes?
Speaker 1: You know, I just washed my hands. I'm good, my hands have been washed salmonella. Yeah, I'm on me. Shit, did a Franklin.
Speaker 5: We love you, Franklin, you are my ange.
Speaker 1: Be Franklin's free. We'll be back. More of the burgers show right after this, some of you on text Nation have took it upon yourself to make somewhat of an obvious point. Franklin was found in the lobby, the lobby where we often find people wandering around in search of Sweet two hundred, and somebody just said, in a moment, you're gonna have parents with a kid crying from Sweet two hundred going our kids. Pet turtle got out as anybody seen him. Think about that, and it is odd that he was out of a backpack. Well, it's odd that he was out on the lobby. It is he just needed to count as lucky stars and nearly had a tragic ending. Yeah, yeah, nearly. He nearly died on Greg's under Greg's foot. I didn't mean to, well you were, I forgot he was in here. Now you're so observant. I don't want the turtle to be gone, and I would hate you for that to be the end. But there's a sick side of me, because you know, we live our lives in a constant bat with ourselves. If I had just kept my mouth shut and not uncontrollably said you're about to step on Franklin because I care too much, I think you're right. If I just kept my mouth shut and Greg would have stepped on that turtle and horrible scene video of it, horrible scene, but radio go, it would have been yes, yes, yes, let me just say yes. The fact that the ice cream calls Greg to completely forget about it, Yeah, I could. I couldn't. I couldn't decide which flavor I wanted. Man, sorry, I already miss Franklin. I know where he is.
Speaker 5: I wonder, I wonder if he's thinking about us.
Speaker 1: Un wish you had a posable thumb we could.
Speaker 5: Write yeah and give us a thumbs up.
Speaker 1: Somebody just said, y'all just got rid of somebody's pet turtle. Why that turtle was in that lobby? Yeah, because how does it walk in? I don't know how I got through that. For me, I'm coming. They didn't even have a card. No, we didn't didn't have access code enough.
Speaker 11: M hmm.
Speaker 1: What if somebody was cleaning out their office, because that happens a lot here. Don't run in the ring fantastic and that is such a god. But I'm talking about what if somebody was cleaning out their office and it was all that because that happens here a lot and maybe somebody's a little terrarium with a turtle and the turtle crawl out of the box. Can anybody explain to me how a turtle comes through shut doors? Because you would say, what keeps it? Could dash in? But it's not the type of animal that dashes. It had the door has no cracks. Turtles are not known for dashing. They're pretty methodical.
Speaker 3: We're getting Gregg to cares is tough, so you're not gonna he's gonna.
Speaker 1: He's gonna have his response. So, well, you know I love animals. Yeah, you got me a tiny turtle. Well you keep it. Well, I'll tell you what I kepn minute ago inside the radio console in a marble ware because I love him. Yeah, as opposed to just leaving him along. But how about this. I should have picked him up from the lobby and I should have walked him right back outside, never told you all about it, and moved on. M I just couldn't because I thought to myself, maybe tomorrow snake will come in. You can get in right. Hey, Rick, here from the Rick Burgers Show. A speedy Greg Adler and I are gathering for tomorrow's edition of The Rick Burgers Show. Now we will have the return of a favorite, What's Eating Scott Garowski will have box seats and another Burgess ball battle all tomorrow on a brand new Rick Burgers Show. You just heard the Daily Best of the Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze Tv.